Speaker 1: You found Fantasy Football Weekly Micro a deep dive on one player in just five to ten minutes. Now, here's your host, Paul Chargian. Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly Micro edition. I'm Paul Charchi and my co host, as usual is Tyler Cannabili. For each of our Fantasy Football Weekly micros. Going on vacation pretty soon, and we're gonna have to figure out what we're gonna do when when I'm gone. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe just let me solo host it with a couple of my buddies.
Speaker 1: I don't trust your buddies. Trust you, Yeah, you got a lot of shady friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think I want anywhere near a Fantasy Football Weekly microphone, the golden Fantasy Football Weekly microphone exactly. Yeah, very very important.
Speaker 2: We'll not let them on these airwaves.
Speaker 1: Today's micro is a deep dive on Jared Goff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty twenty two finish. He was like QB ten great, pretty good.
Speaker 1: I mean you went off the board at what about quarterback or something? I would guess yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And he's going later again and dressed this year as ADP is currently the QB fifteen.
Speaker 1: So I think it's weird that his ADP is lower. So he finished last year's QB ten, but he's going off the board now today is QB fifteen. Weird that his ADP is sliding by five spots. But everybody's so high on the Lions, and rightfully so. The way they finished the season, it all came together. They were an incredibly tough out. You know, they beat the Vikings down the stretch at thirteen and Viking team, they knocked the Packers out of the playoffs. I mean, they had so much momentum at the end of the year, and people are like, that's Jared Goff.
Speaker 2: Out of want um.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just kind of like, no one likes Jared GoF because he's the most boring QB in maybe in the league, because he's he's just Jared Goff, Like we know what we're gonna get from Jared Goff. But you look at all the pieces he has around him, and like just everything that he had, like the O line, the play calling, the weapons. This debatably, if you take all those into account, might be a top three supporting cast in the entire league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that could be the case. You got I'm on Ross Saint Brown, You've got DeAndre Swift and David Montgomery. As past catching running backs, you've got Jamison Williams. And once you get to week seven, dumbass, you've got Marvin Jones coming back to town. That's helpful. No tight end right now, but that's something they might solve in a very good tight end draft. We talked on Friday's edition of Fantasy Football Weekly Dwayne Washington Man, Darnell Washington arn now, sorry, thank you, Darnell Washington. And if he can find his way to Detroit, Oh, that'd be great. I think he's going to Green Bay. But all right, so let's let's talk through Jared Goff's game a little bit. There were some good stats that last year revealed for what we could see, you know, when everything's clicking in this offense for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean one of the things that I don't even know what's good said or not.
Speaker 3: He's number one in passing yards off play action plays, which I mean is obviously a good stat I don't know what it means necessarily. I feel like when you're doing play action that means the off it's kind of just clicking on all cylinders. So I really like that stat that he was number one in passing yards off play action. He was also seventh and next gen stats aggressiveness. Aggressiveness is oh my god, aggressiveness rating, which is a willingness to.
Speaker 2: Show to kind of thrown at tight windows.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of a nice stat to see from which kind of people always thought it was like the dink and dunk Jared Cough.
Speaker 1: So yeah, now the aggressiveness stats sometimes means you're a bad quarterback making bad decisions. Justin Fields was number one in aggressiveness, but it was mostly bad judgment. He was throwing into tight windows and he should not. He should just a field should not be throwing into tight windows at this stage of his career. But Jared Goff's a savvy veteran, spend a Super Bowl. If he's throwing into tight windows, I trust him to be better about that. He was also seventh shortest and intended air yards, which is a little disappointing. That is a huge, huge indicator for fantasy success for receivers and others. But I want to believe that that's going to open up when Jamison Williams especially comes back and brings his crazy speed to this offense that Goffs can be throwing deeper down field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean you look at the guys that have on just kind of as their receivers. They don't really have any of those field structure guys outside of jameson Wims. They had Chart last season. He's coming off in ACL. I mean, other than that, they have a mon Ro He's not a burner. He's kind of more of a slot guy going to get you tough yard.
Speaker 1: He's a work the middle guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also they got Josh Reynolds, also not a burner, so they don't really have the personnel to kind of go deep on those you know, those deep passes, which which is why I think they drafted James and Williams.
Speaker 1: So, oh for sure that was the point of getting James and Williams. It just hasn't born fruit.
Speaker 3: Suspension for the guy, by the way, very tough suspension. What do you mean he so he been on a college game, which you were allowed to do in per the rules of the NFL. He'd been on a college game, but because he did it in the facility and not at home, he's out for six games.
Speaker 2: That seems like a crazy rule.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't have a lot of sympathy because everybody knows the rules it is, so it's been made so crystal clear. Right he didn't. Not betting on the NFL certainly helps since why he's not out all year. Right, Yeah, but they you know, I I what they don't with the NFL is trying to avoid is the Lions. You know, the Lions front office is a gambling ring. You know, That's what they're trying to avoid. And and the Lion's front office, you know, the front offices have got scouts, some people who are doing all this deep dive college football analysis, and I think they're they're, you know, the least nervous about that. But man, I don't. I don't know. I just feel like the league, you know, all these players know they know better.
Speaker 2: That's fair. I mean, I I thought that too.
Speaker 3: So I was watching Pat McAfee the morning it happen, and I had Ian Rappaport on, and Rappaport said that like he didn't even know the rules, like he said he read the gambling thing. He said he didn't even know it was legal to gamel inside the building, which I thought was pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but the NFL doesn't do for him what it will do for its players, and all the ways they explain it and everything else. But that's we're off we're off topic on Jared Goff. But it does give you some upside in the second half of the season for Jared Goff when when he does get back. Jamison Williams, potentially some people are turned off by the lack of upside for Jared Goff, not enough big explosive games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I kind of dug into some of those, like that explosiveness that you were talking about. So we said, Jared Goff finished as the QB ten, and I thought it was kind of interesting the qbs that.
Speaker 2: Were kind of from five to ten and one to five.
Speaker 3: What kind of separates you from that, like top five finishing kind of thing.
Speaker 2: So I broke it down.
Speaker 3: I looked at other qbs inside the top ten with four or less top five weekly finishes. So we had Justin Herbert who was had two top five weekly finishes, Daniel Jones had three, Kirk Cousins had three, and Gino Smith had four, and those were all qbs that were actually ranged from five to ten, and Jared Goff had four as well. So all the qbs from five to ten all had like.
Speaker 2: No more than four TOPI five finishes.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of numbers floating around, but the big one being through the entire season. Goff played the whole se exactly cal he only was able to crack the top five in four games exactly.
Speaker 2: Yes. And then you kind of look at all those quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: They're all kind of like in the pocket or like bad offense quarterbacks. Maybe with the exception of Herbert he can run a little, but he's not known for.
Speaker 2: His rushing ability.
Speaker 3: And then you look at the quarterbacks inside the top five quarterbacks one through five. Patrick Mahomes he had seven. He also had six more times where he was six, so he kind of had almost top six thirteen times, which is crazy. And then we had Josh Allen who had eleven, Jalen Hurts eleven, Joe Burrow six, and Justin Fields five. And all those quarterbacks are either like the best pocket patches in the league or they have rushing rushing ability.
Speaker 1: So that's what Goff doesn't give you, and that's why we're bored by him, exactly, And he doesn't give you big upside the kind of league's perfect for Jared Goff. Is a guillotine league, oh for sure. You know, we don't need the upside. I don't need to finish first in a guillotine league. I just need to not be last. And I need somebody's gonna consistently score points. And that's what Jared Goff didlast year, and that's presumably what he'll do this year, you know, aided by a very good offensive line, which helps a lot. Although I went back to their PFF rankings. As a pass blocking unit, Lin's ranked I believe twenty first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that shocked me.
Speaker 3: I think I saw that too, But then I kind of dug into like some of the other stats. So Golf was actually sacked a second least of any quarterback with fourteen plus games played. The only guy below him was Tom Brady, who just does not want to get touched.
Speaker 2: He's gonna throw away, so so good stat for that.
Speaker 3: And then it was only pressured on nineteen percent of throws, which was ninth best among quarterbacks with fourteen plus games played.
Speaker 2: So two good stats for him there.
Speaker 3: In terms of the offensive line, I mean, we know the guys on the offensive line are just they're good guys. So I feel confident about then I feel confident about the skill guys. We got a mon Ra and you got those two headed running back of Swift and Montgomery. We both said on the pass micro that we think Montgomery is going to be better than Jamal Williams. And then the Marvin Jones signing for them could be huge considering Jamison. That's probably why they brought him in because they know Jamison was going to be out six, so they brought it Martin Jones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they've known for a while. That could be true. It could be true. All right, So GoF from a dynasty perspective, he's never going to be a sexy dynasty guy. He's now old er. He's not old, but he's now an older quarterback. But he's still got like five six good years left in him. Ideally, in my superflex, i'd like to have him and then some high upside rushing guy as a you know, I'd love to have him as my safety quarterback that I start every week. And then I've got my Justin Fields as a high upside, high downside kind of guy as my other quarterback. That would be That may be my ideal pairing for those two, let's talk. Let's talk ADP for Jared Goff currently going off the board. It's quarterback fifteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let's play the game. This is now.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a very fun game because all of these guys kind of have their like following and who they think is going to be good.
Speaker 2: So let's start off with Dak Prescott at QB ten.
Speaker 1: Am I subtracting for interceptions?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Well, then I can't take Prescott here if I'm subtracting for interceptions. Guys, tits too many picks and you know, granted, it's not like he has four pick games, and maybe it's just a lot of just dumb but high bad spots for his picks. I hate that stuff. So I might go golf over Prescott just to play it, just to play it safe. Yeah, I might.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, Daniel Jones a little bit more rushing upside QB twelve.
Speaker 1: I take Jones for the rushing upside. I get the quarterback who ran for the fourth most yards last year, and the passing can only get better, right, it can only get better, has to Yeah, Darren Waller Loan makes that offense better?
Speaker 2: Is Darren Waller going to stay on the field. Let's hope so, all right. Kirk Cousins QB thirteen.
Speaker 1: Always Belieguered Kirk Cousins. I think Cousins was better last year than Golf. I'm taking Cousins, that's fair.
Speaker 2: No, I agree that he was better at last year.
Speaker 3: Do you think Kirk Cousins is still on the Vikings this season going to San Francisco?
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 1: I don't think he is going to go to San Francisco, but Vikings do have a chance to invest a serious pick at quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like the Kirk Cousins the San Francisco trade has been talked about for three years.
Speaker 1: It hasn't happened yet. I'm not buying it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: They got Rock Perdy who looked great.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna give They're not given anything, and they have Sam Darnold who looked great.
Speaker 1: The people that are pushing the Kirk Cousins in San Francisco narrative are the many many Viking fans that want him out of town.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think he'll be on the Rock. I don't think he'll be the starting quarterback going into next season.
Speaker 2: I think he's gone Vikings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is the this is last year here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Aaron Rodgers QB fifteen.
Speaker 1: Man, if you knew for sure he's gonna be with the Jets, which I think you will, let's just assume, you know. I just the receiving weapons are so open up, so many possibilities for Rodgers. But man, there's a lot of weirdness there. I'm I'm out on Rodgers. He looked bad. Now granted he had the broken thumb or whatever, the thumb injury, but that those passes looked way wrong last year. I'm out. I'm not taking Rodgers. I'll take Jared Goff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in on golf too. On at that price for Rodgers. And then Gino Smith.
Speaker 3: QB sixteen and he finishes like the could be like eight or something, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And he's kind of going down lower again.
Speaker 1: You gotta do him one of these times, you know, Smith, Let's do that. I come back story is incredible, It is incredible. Yeah, I totally improbable. I think I go Geno Smith. You get a little bit of rushing, not a lot. You get a little bit of rushing in there. You got two great receivers they'll Yeah, I think I think I'd go Gino Smith. He was probably he was better than Golf last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going with Geno on that too. I think just because they have his d K and Lockett and they might draw somebody this year too. He's got Kenneth Walker in a great wrong game kind of the same, very similar situation that Goff is with the Lions, but some at Geno Smith. He's on a one year deal too, pretty much. I mean, I know he's on a three year deal, but it's pretty much a one year deal. Yeah, you'll get all the guaranteed money in the cap it. He's on a one year deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but which I wish he could have, you know, for his sake, I wish he could have cashed that in for something a little better. But yeah, Seahawks are a sneaky team to go quarterback at the pick they got Denver's page. I picked six right. That's a sneaky landing spot for a quarterback right there, and then they invest in the future.
Speaker 2: I am totally on board for the Richardson to Richardson Seattle.
Speaker 1: I know me too too. That would be great for the Seahawks. All right, great job, thanks for listening, everybody. Another Fantasy Football Weekly Micro edition coming up tomorrow