Speaker 1: Hello, get ready for another episode of Oh sorry, yes, welcome back to bull Chat. I'm Andrew. You can't say welcome back. We didn't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm saying welcome back. It's another week that they're listening to bull Chat.
Speaker 1: No. No, Also, I never claimed to be good at math. This microphone doesn't sound right.
Speaker 2: It sounds fine. It sounds exactly like it always sounds, Scott. How about now it still sounds fine? Okay, but what's wrong with it?
Speaker 1: This time? It just sounds echoey. It sounds it sounds echoey. Yeah, sounds it sounds echo the directional okay, the directionals. But I never claimed to be good at math. You're like, yes, so good at math. I'm not. I stopped taking math after tenth grade, so I don't claim to be good at math or do well in math. Come on, it's so senil. You know it was here. It's so sensitive. Okay, So yeah, I know. I I almost failed math in tenth grade. I did fail math. I failed geometry than by eleventh I think I had bailed out. The teacher was so mean to me, and I left his class and I just never took math again because it wasn't required.
Speaker 2: Math is one of those things that you need a good teacher who takes their time. And even if they do take their time, there are just certain things your brain really can't comprehend. I genuinely, and I've said this before. It cannot comprehend geometry. I don't get it. I will never get it. I've had tutors for it. I am confused by it, and it just doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Can I ask a question? And I know people say this stuff all the time, but the things that kids learn in school, nine times out of ten, they will never use in life, and they will have forgotten it by the time maybe they do need to use it. Yeah, algebra X over y all this crap. Who needs it? Well, ever, unless you're going to be a mathematician or some kind of rocket scientist.
Speaker 2: The thing is that I believe, and I could be corrected on this one. It's about teaching you theory. So again, it's more problem solving for the future, like you need to learn that. So this way you could learn some problem solving solutions in the future and you get some common principles of theory that go along.
Speaker 1: I must disagree, not with you, just with that concept. I mean, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages is really what you use in life. You know what, if you know how to put a proper tip on a bill at a restaurant, you're good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And even then I just use my mom's trick. You just take the first number or numbers if it's you know, in the hundreds or thousands, and you multiply it by two.
Speaker 1: Correct. That's all right. Yeah, that's how you do twenty percent for the most part. For the most part, yes, although there's still some old school people like my dad double the tax that's the tip. But first of all, the tax rate is different everywhere. Yeah, so that doesn't always hold true. You just just twenty percent or more, you know, depending on the service. Yeah, I agree, or less if they sucked, but you know whatever, it's rare that they suck.
Speaker 2: Although I will say I did go out to a dinner recently with Gandhi and the server just kept passing us, and it was to the point where he was at every table and almost purposely was like ignoring us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she was like friendly with this guy, and he was just like walking past us. Amy, And I call that the bastard table and sometimes we are just the bastard table. They just are so inattentive to you. You're like, you know what, f you?
Speaker 2: It's annoying because at some point you're like, I just want the check and I would like to go home. I've been here for three hours, Like let's calm this down. It's it's too much.
Speaker 1: And then you don't want to be a jerk and you don't want to not tip them.
Speaker 2: I mean, I still do twenty percent because it's like, this is how the guy makes a living.
Speaker 1: That's another thing. They need to switch tips and make it a better salary. You're right, but I feel like twenty percent is the base. You know, if you if they're really good, you go better than that. And I'll do that. You know, I very rarely go less than twenty unless sometimes I'll do like nineteen percent. What are you colding? I don't know. So you a table? What if this is a mess? It's a mess? Look mess? Eh? Thank you mess? This table? Right? That looks much better. But but I mean sometimes I'll go nineteen percent, but only because in my wacked out head, if something like, you know, thirty six ninety three, I'll make it something something o seven because I just want to make the dollar amount even. Okay, that's fair. I like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just put a round number, so I just make like even if it's you know, thirty nine eighty seven, I'll just give you know, make the tip and even seven dollars. So this way it's nice and everything goes and I don't have to do math. I hate doing math. But yeah, back to geometry. I failed it. I only passed because I scheme my.
Speaker 1: Way out of it. That's the shapes, right, yeah, it is shapes. Okay, that is figuring out like angles and right obtuse all that stuff be square to square of that? Who needs that? Ever? I love algebra, Like I said, algebra, okay, can you stuy? I just don't understand when when when are you ever going to have that problem in life? When square plus this and that?
Speaker 2: Again, it's more the concept of using other things to like add on top of it, like it helps with your problem solving skills. I genuinely think that's it.
Speaker 1: I guess I should have taken it then, because I can't solve my problems. I guess algebra would have helped not all.
Speaker 2: Like again, that's the reason why they're therapists and psychologists, but just genuine problem solving techniques.
Speaker 1: It helps. Okay, so that's it. I mean I.
Speaker 2: Always have I've always believed that philosophy should be a class that like everybody learns, that should be main curriculum for everybody.
Speaker 1: I don't like those dogs with the big snout, like the really long snout. You don't like the greyhounds, No, the wimer Rinders, right, I don't know. Those are just the goofy gray ones that just are goofy with the floppy ears. But that one that was on TV with the big long snout, I don't like those. Yeah, they look weird. I also don't really like small dogs. Luna is too adorable. Oh she just got a haircut. She was so cute. Please don't hate me, But I also despise my I mean, I'm talking teacup, like really small. That's not if you carried in a purse. I'm sorry, it's not for me. Luna doesn't go in purses. Good, she's she's so cute. Has she ever been in a stroller? Please tell me? Now? God, no, Jackie would never although no, I take that back, Jackie would you wouldn't. No, like I'm at the mall and somebody's pushing a dog in a stroller. I just want to knock the stroller over. That's terrible. No, I don't want the dog to get hurt, but it's just it's still like why because that's how they want to walk their dog. Leave the thing home? Then oh my god, the dog needs to go out and they want to take the dog with.
Speaker 2: You, but it's not getting any exercise. The dog doesn't listen. I feel like the teacup dogs don't get much exercise. They get exhausted just by walking two feet. God, people, I mean, it shouldn't bother me that much as someone to take their dog and a stroller.
Speaker 1: Just it does, It does a little bit. I'm sorry to the list, Yeah, add it to the list. My ears so itchy. That's good. It might be yeast yeast, Yeah, I read that that's a problem for dogs because Sawyer will scratch the hell out of his ear, and in the summertime it's usually an infection because he likes to go on the water in the pool. Yeah, but otherwise, if they scratch the hell out of it, there might be a buildup of yeast in their ears. Almost like a yeast infection, but in their ear. Yeah, it's kind of gross. Yeah. Yeah, Luna loves going in the pool. We call it splashies.
Speaker 2: And now that the pool is open, she went splashies for the first time this season. And let me tell you something, that dog goes nuts, like Psycho.
Speaker 1: Can Sawyer comes splash He's in your pool with Luna Sawyer who can is welcome and come splashy anytime. Is it a liner pool or concrete though it's a concrete Okay, good, yeah, good Because at the for the very first time, when he doesn't know how to get out, he might like scratch a liner, but he just needs to be directed to the steps. Yeah, and then he's all He will dive all day. Yeah, he will not stop the thing that he does. That's crazy though, and I'm not sure if there's any other dogs that do this, but he does what we like to call the butt dance. So what he'll do is he'll get out of the water, he'll shake off a little bit, and he'll go into the bushes and he'll he'll bounce his ass up into hill. He twerks on the trees and the bushes and I don't understand if he's like scratching his butthole or what he's doing. But he always he runs out of the pool, shake butt, dances on a tree, and then he jumps back in the pool.
Speaker 2: Jackie's friend has a duck tolling retriever. Okay, that thing is insane, but it's so cute. Remy and he, when he was at al would just jump in, catch it, come to the stairs. You would have to throw it again, like for a solid fit. The dog never got tired. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: And then you had Luna who was just like, please back away, I do not want to engage. Just splash water at me. Her legs are really short though, yeah, so can she swim. So the thing that she's doing now is she and this is what we why we call it splashies. She just likes the motion of the water being directed towards her and she like tries to catch the water with her mouth. So the problem is that by the end of it, and yes, we've checked, she's not gonna get like, she's not drowning herself. The chlorine is fine, we've checked. Yes, don't sorry for people listening right now, dogs will drink a little bit of pool water. It's fine.
Speaker 2: I mean Luna peas like she goes from being like a little mini pup to just having like a water balloon inside her. She peas constantly after doing splashes because she tries to catch all the water. But yeah, now what she does is when you're done splashing her, she gets frustrated, so she'll go on the first step and just start trying to splash herself.
Speaker 1: Well, I have a feeling that Luna is the type of dog that if you held her, yeah, I just placed her in the water but kept holding her, she'd be doing it's done that before and go nowhere. But just keep paddling. I have a video. I'm sure you so freaking cute. Yeah, but see, Sawyer will dive on people, that's his problem. And he has nails, you know, So if you run around the pool and jump in, he will jump on top of you and scrape your back. Oh no, yes, yeah, he just gets so excited he can't he cannot hold his excitement and he just goes ape.
Speaker 2: But that's what's amazing about dogs is that they're just filled with so much unconditional love where they're just like I need you and energy, yeah, and energy, seriously too much energy. I would like a bigger dog, just because then I could go running with said bigger dog.
Speaker 1: Sawyer is the best. I still take him out on the bicycle. I have that attachment that's like a pole so he can't pull the bike down, and it hooks up and there's like a springy thing on it and I will put it on the bike and before I even am ready to go, he pulls me out of the driveway. I don't have to peddle probably for about three or four blocks until he starts slowing down a little bit because he goes nuts and he just pulls me. It is, but I figure it's probably about a mile and then he's like, all right, I'm good. I kind of have to start heading home because after a mile he starts getting at it. I would like to go home now. Yeah, but he loves it. He still loves it. He's going to be seven next month and he loves it. Seven. Oh wait, what's today? So it's oh, it's Memorial Day. Weekend is coming up. Yeah. Wow, this month went by really fast. Yes it did.
Speaker 2: I felt like my birthday was just was I mean, it was less than a month ago. But I felt like April went took a long time to get through. Yeah, this month, he was June because the weather sucked. I think it's because April it rained a lot. It was just garbage, and the weather was other. Temperatures were up and down or whatever. I mean, it's been worse this month, I guess in New York at least the past. Listen, every single chore had to be done at my parents' house this weekend, every single chore.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I went for a run yesterday Sunday with Lunar two days ago. No, Lona doesn't run, Are you kidding me? You take her for a walk, and when she's done, she just she just her thing. Also, she just goes on her back when she's done because she just wants belly rubs.
Speaker 1: I got it. However, I went for a run and then I got back in my dets, like, do you want a power wash? How could you say no? So I power washed under a tree. It's a lot. I was gonna move in furniture, move in vacuums. I was gonna do some power washing this weekend. But it was so hot. It was ninety plus both days. Yeah, Saturday, we went to a soccer game way out on Long Island, and I was like, oh god, and it was so hot. I don't know how the kids do it. And then Sunday we went to adventure Land, the amusement park. Where is that. It's on Long Island. It's been there since nineteen sixty two. Oh wow, yeah, it's it's like Long Island's amusement park if you say Long Island. It actually even a movie called adventure Land that was based on that.
Speaker 2: Is that Christy Stewart and Michael Sarah Yes, yes, Jesse Eisenberg, yes, one of them, yep?
Speaker 1: Him? Sorry? Cool? Yeah, yeah, so that was that was based on adventure Land. Oh, no way. The only thing that kind of annoys me is they were one of the last amusement parks that you could just walk into and not pay, but if you wanted to go on stuff, then you could buy tickets or a brais ticket. But with them, yes, they don't do that anymore as of this season or maybe last, because the season after COVID they really got screwed. They lost a ton of money. So now you have to pay no matter what. You need a bracelet to get in, and it's forty two dollars just to walk in. So it's kind of annoying because it's really expensive now. And then we were having lunch and it was myself and two girls. It was Cooper and her friend, and lunch was fifty four dollars fifty four fifty four dollars for chicken nuggets and a piece of pizza and two tacos and some drinks. That's insane. Do they have Is it like a branded Kiosk? It's their little cafeteria they've got you buy the balls. The only branded cafeteria. The only branded thing they have is Dippin' Dots, which, by the way, is the ice cream of the future. But I'm not seeing it yet. For forty years they've been ice cream of the future. It's just all it is just frozen little balls. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it never and know it the worst, Oh my god, And I can I just get the goosebum because anytime someone bites into ice or ice cream, I legit get goosebumps.
Speaker 1: So with Dippin' Dots because your teeth hurt. I hate it.
Speaker 2: I have a like that's number one for me. I can't do and Dippin' dots the spoon. M Oh, you have to start scraping. I'm look at this, I'm like, I can't, I can't.
Speaker 1: But where else can you get it? Other than like theme parks and baseball places at stadiums. Can't buy it if you can't go to the store. Yeah, because you can't really put that in a full on like ice cream freezer, because I think they would just solidify. They keep them at a special temperature.
Speaker 2: In those the ice cream of the future, I guess, I believe. I read an article that said that Dippin' Dots business model is causing them to fail because it's.
Speaker 1: Like, you can't store it in grocery stores. Well, right, you can only find it out like amusement parks. I will say the banana split though delicious, but I think you know that makes people search them out and they will go to these places to get it. I mean, I'm not paying forty two dollars to get myself some Dippin' dots. I'm just saying, no, you're right. But anyway, so we had a nice day and there were a couple of water so we did a few of those, and of course Cooper has to get soaking wet. You know, there was the boat thing you could steer into the waterfall or away from it, and of course she's just like full on in it, dripping everything. And then she wants to go and they the dryer. You know they have that dryer that you stand in at water parks. It's like five dollars for two minutes and all. It doesn't puts some heat lamps on, it doesn't do anything. Yeah, it's just a gimmick. But we had a good time. But my question was and I put it on Twitter, but nobody really cared is so we went on the bumper cars. Okay, I like the bumper cars, and I just don't know what bumper car etiquette is. Like if there's a stranger coming right at you and slams into you, I don't look at them, Like I won't look at them, like if you were about to slam in the side of me, I like look down and go and I'll just steer the other way. I feel like it's uncomfortable to look someone in the eye that just rammed you from the side. I don't know why, but it's just the thing. And like if it's if it's my kids or my wife, or whatever. I'm like yeah and laugh, and but a stranger You're like yeah, yeah, it's almost like a car accident, like a stranger. I won't I won't look. I don't know. It's really weird. Yeah, that's kind of weird. I look uncomfortably down and a way and I'll just drive away like it was a hit and run. I don't know. So it's just I noticed it yesterday. While I was doing it. Every time a random stranger hit me, I didn't look at them.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair, because I have another one for you. When you're getting your hair washed at like I don't know if they do that the supercuts.
Speaker 1: But first, it's been probably fifteen to twenty years before I had my hair since I've had my hair washed at a salon, well, the barbershop I go to, they wash your hair, and I want these guys washing my hair. Why, I know, weird. They have that jankety sink with the head cut out in it, and it's that sink has been there since I was a kid, and it's just so gross. I don't put my head in there. Plus, you go to barbershop and don't w wash you their hair to barbershop. They wash it beforehand, like an old old man barber shop. They don't wash your hair, Yes, they do not at old man barbershops would do what old man? You go to supercuts? What old man barbershops? Have you been to cuts? I've been going to the same barbershop for probably thirty five years. I got my first haircut there. I bet you they have a sink. They do have a sink. I just told you. They have an old ass sink on the wall with the head cut.
Speaker 2: And what do you think they use it for. They wash people's hair before because it makes that it's easier to cut.
Speaker 1: That's the condition. It use a buzzer on me. I don't care. Okay, they're a very very I've only seen maybe a dozen people ever have their hair washing that's sinking. All the years I've been.
Speaker 2: Going this one, everybody gets it. The one in Jersey City that's trendy.
Speaker 1: That's why it's a trendy place. I don't think it's trendy. They just do it. You do not go to an old school barber shop. I'm taking home today. I want to see it. I'm gonna get help you. It's not you don't you don't go to an old school barber shop. I do, okay, I want to see do.
Speaker 2: You want me to call my let me think she Yeah, I'm not gonna call my barber.
Speaker 1: No, it's fine. But my cousin Alison, she's like a legit, like a question hair hair sty list. The person who cuts hair at the beauty parlor, Well, she cuts men's and women's hair. Wait your barbershop? Do you have to make an appointment? Yes? Okay, it's not a barbershop, then I'm just saying no, it could be called a barber shop. But if you have to make appointment, it's a salon.
Speaker 2: It's not a salon. It's only men working in there, so what. And there's a female working in there. But the way they cut hair, they don't cut.
Speaker 1: Did they make her sweep up? No, she's one of the main I'm kidding, dude, I'm kidding, Jesus, says the person who's like, it's that a biba shop. You make an appointment? Absolutely not. You should be able to go in there and ring a bell and they just let you sit. No bell, You sit there and wait your turn.
Speaker 2: Yep, with an appointment, okay, even the one I used to go to in by my parents' house.
Speaker 1: That was all older men who used to cut the hair. You still had to make an appointment. The weirdest thing about my barber shop and there's only one guy that still does it, the really old guy. When you're done, he puts this contraption on his hand with like these metal spring thing that goes over his hand, and it's a it's a massager. So it's this old machine, probably from the fifties, and he goes and he goes. I'm like, I don't like this. That's not a Biber shops. Creepy, definitely not Biber shop.
Speaker 2: So you're saying the sink is weird. Putting your head in a sink where they wash your hair.
Speaker 1: A dirty old barbershop, yes, a.
Speaker 2: Dirty old barberge, but yet an old massage thing where the man's like, hey.
Speaker 1: Oh, I said, it's creepy. There you go said like this is fine, but putting your hair in a barbershop is weird. I started off by saying, it's creepy.
Speaker 2: But your barbershop has this once that have sinks are apparently off limits to you.
Speaker 1: No, that's not what I said. I decided don't get my hair washed at a barber shop. You find weird are very interesting. I didn't say it was weird. No, you said it was a gaggy sink. It's gross. I don't want to put my head in that thing. Is all that a personal massage? Or is not weird? I said it is weird. I don't like it. It's awkward. For the old man to be rubbing me with a machine is awkward. There's no practical use for that. You're correct. Like a barbershop, they wash your hair to cut it, Okay, Andrew, that's fine.
Speaker 2: You would actually do it afterwards, because that's yes, because I pretty much just are you a person who gets your haircut and just goes about your day or do you have to go home and showers?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I don't have to go home and shower, but I'll be careful not to put my head on things that little hairs will get all because they just they take the blow dryer and that doesn't do anything. They're still hairll up on your forehead and your ears, yeah, behind your ears. Oh it's bad. And the gross part is some of that hair is not yours, you know, because they don't clean those instruments very well. I don't care. First of all, the blue stuff is usually so cloudy. Yeah that it's been there forever. You're taking a break. Let's take a quick break, okay, barbarusol and we're back. Wow, welcome back. By the way, there've been some funky commercials playing lately. I'm just saying that's cool. So that's all good. Oh I need to know, is I'm getting this sh money? Baby? How much money? I don't know. We're doing pretty well this month. We're tracking pretty well, okay. I mean, it's not like stupid money.
Speaker 2: It's you know, it's never gonna be stupid money. Why, because we're bound by what we do.
Speaker 1: You smelled up by the way it smells. Yeah, what is it? It's drugs. Someone's smoking the Mary Jane. You shouldn't be you shouldn't be allowed to smoke weed in a building for madness in here, in a business. It's terrible. Like that's not okay, it's not okay. Do you smoke cigarettes in here? Hey, you get me a Winston? I mean, what's Winstein? People vape? Now, it's all vaping.
Speaker 2: I mean you go outside and you see, Yeah, people like smoking cigarettes.
Speaker 1: But everybody vapes. I get it, but you're not allowed to do it inside. It's illegal. Yeah, I'm gonna call the Buildings department. I actually wouldn't be surprised if you did that, or the fire department. Even excuse me, mister firefighter. I'm a little booby. There's smoke. Please have me right away. I think someone's got drugs. In case you want to answer, bring the police. I'm sorry, I can't. Uh anyway, you're back to barbisol. So how often you sup to change because there's all kinds of hair floating. They don't use barbersol at mine, of course not because it's not a barber shop. If they don't have the blue thing where they put the combs in, it's not a barbershop. They have combs, they just wash them. No, they have to have the blue stuff. They have to You are so defiant in what you believe in and the pin pin you add. How do you say that that it's the green container with the powder that they put on you or the spray. It's like it's p I n U A D. I don't know. I've seen that before with the guy, a little gentleman with the hat with the thing. Yeah, gentleman, I love that they still have like old school barbershop things. They have a lot of all the new crap too, but I like the old school barbershop stuff. I do go to one, so I've seen it. Do they still shave your neck with a blade? Yes, a fresh blade, yes, yeah, and the.
Speaker 2: Yes zo Yeah. That thing's a little crusty looking, if I gotta tell you.
Speaker 1: It's disgusting. Yeah. Everything is disgusting, like so that again. But the sink is gross. Yeah, yeah, I know that all the stuff that they just used on the person before me, who probably has some sort of disease that they didn't clean whatever. And plus there's there's this one razor, this buzzer that did do the back of my neck with yeah, and it cuts me every time. Right in the middle there's like some piece shard of metal and I'm like ah, and he goes, oh, it's so saordy, you know, and he uses a different I'm like, every single time it cuts me, he goes, only you. I'm like, that can't be possibly true, it can't be And then he has to spray the alcohol on me or whatever. The no, no, no, I get it because I'm bleeding. He sprays stuff on me. There was it. One time he was so bad he had he use a sticktic How do you say that? Stiptic septic? No, stiptic pencil pen Never this powder, stiptic powder. Yeah, when you bleed, they put this stuff because it has to clot the bleeding that they cut you, you know, knowing.
Speaker 2: You though, it probably is like a cut this big and you're like, no, no, he dabs it.
Speaker 1: I feel it, I feel the blood. It's rest. You gotta getting woozy. There was one time I did. He had to give me a bottle of water. Who My face was all red because he cut me. He cut the back of me, and I was like, oh, do you have any water? It's so you, that is so you. It is me. Take me or leave me? Dude? What can I tell you?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I know what that man probably is like, Oh wow, he really exaggerated for a small little cut.
Speaker 1: No, it was also really hot in there. Oh okay, they don't have air conditioning front, So what's the heat or not the heat? What's the what does heat have to do with I get overheated? You get overheated? That it was hot and it would and it was blood and overheat and hotness, and it was it was just too many things all at once for my system to handle. Yeah, so I just needed water and he went into overload mode. I did, Oh, I did. I did. But I like the barber shop, you know what, the like every month and a half I go, and it's always a good time. I was just gonna say how often I probably every three to four weeks I go, because in between I'll try to do like the little snip with the scissor just a little bit on the side because the side will stick out and you can't. It won't go down. It just like starts to stick out and get long. And I'll go and he'll go, hey, you cut your hair, didn't you. I'm like a little And then they can tell they know, and they also know when you went to somebody else. Yeah that's crazy, because there was one time the line was so long. I was like, screw this. So I went to another barbershop where someone that used to work there defected and opened his own place. So I was like, hey, man, how's it going. He's like, oh, hey, I haven't seen it in a long time. I'm like, yeah, well, you know, the other place whatever. So he cut my hair and the next time I went, they were like, huh did you go somewhere else? And I was like, I had a thing and you were busy. It's weird. It's weird cheating on a barber. Maybe one day I'll just shave my head. Yeah, I think I could pull it off. There was that one time during COVID where the kids cut my hair. It wasn't that bad. I had to fix it a little, but it wasn't It wasn't that bad. I mean my hair was so overgrown like yours as usually, and I just had to get it. Do you just have to say things like that, what your hair is overgrown as usual?
Speaker 2: Where usually they don't need a weed whacker. I get a five on the side. Five yeah wow wow, Yeah that's that's long.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean otherwise it's like I can't pull off that. I think you could. No, No, I get one. The problem is that with curly hair that grows in. Oh yeah, it goes like I get like a bang that looks like Caesar. I get the Caesar bang and then this starts growing in. When this starts growing in, it's.
Speaker 2: Hard to mat it down because I don't use gel or products.
Speaker 1: Have you ever straightened it? Yes? I want to see a picture. Please.
Speaker 2: It's really stupid looking. I used to think that having long hair was the coolest thing in the world.
Speaker 1: Please show me a picture. I'm begging eighth grade graduation. I could do anything. You were not supposed to have your hair on your collar, Donna, it was bad. Donna, please post the picture. I'm begging you. Every once in a while, Donna will post like an old picture of you my little baby, and I love them so much. Yeah, I don't make fun of it. I don't. I think it's so precious. I love it.
Speaker 2: My mom was great because she always took pictures. We have so many pictures and we The best part is we actually have in our house a photo wall and we take a family picture every year.
Speaker 1: Do me favor for tomorrow for TBT. Yes, you and I both post a picture from I don't know what eighth grade. I want to see the hair straight Oh no, no, I don't have it of my hair straight. You don't have it. There's not one picture that exists of when you straighten your hair.
Speaker 2: I mean that was something that it would be like, Oh, straighten it well, it would just be the problem also is that when you straighten it, it kind of just goes flat. You can't really style it because the minute you put water or something on it, it just curls up again.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is graduation season, so let's do high school graduation pictures tomorrow. You and May will do them side by side.
Speaker 2: I will do eighth grade because that's when my hair was super curly. Eighth grade, I think we've seen that one.
Speaker 1: Uh No, that was my freshman year of high school. Oh well, that's like only a couple of months later.
Speaker 2: Freshman year of high school is when they cut the back. They tried to shape it. It was so bad.
Speaker 1: Eighth grade was when I just let my it was very curly. I don't know that. I see. I don't have like an official eighth grade graduation picture. I don't give a year took the No, we didn't have middle school. We didn't get yearbooks. Huh. Everyone's like, I don't understand. We did not have yearbooks. And we might have had some like paperback little piece of crap, but there weren't like pictures of everybody in it. I was on the yearbook committee. It's a great time, I'm going to put a call out to my classmates and see if there's a middle school yearbook, because I don't think that there was. Well, I definitely have my eighth grade one, so huh. I was it like a hardcore or like a hard car and everything. Yeah, No, we definitely did not have that. And it was always fun when those came out. And when they first first came out, they had a new section that you could choose to put in your yearbook or not. Yeah wait news Yeah, so they would do like a recap of the year. But it was like a national thing though, right it was every yearbook had the same thing in it. You know that I was part of that one year shut up in the graduating class of twenty eleven or twenty twelve, I forget which one. I am in the front of a yearbook under coupon craziness because that was the year that extra couponing started and it was all the rage, it really was. Yeah, And so there's there's the awful picture of me laying on a bed of coupons where it looks like I'm like stoned out of my mind because it was the worst picture on the planet that this woman made me take It's like, okay, lay down on this bed of coupons and hold the scissor. And it was such a weird angle because I was lying down and she was over me. And it's the worst picture. Every Google extreme couponing, is that picture pop up? It probably is, it's possible. If it's possible, I checked what's her name, Christine Flipsy that that works at iHeart. It was in her yearbook and I remember she sent me a picture. It was crazy. I could know that would be my college years. Maybe also put in Newsday because it was a Newsday picture. Oh my god, it's the news Day picture. I know that one. That's the one. It was on the you in this one, that awful, pure how terrible? This is? Shut up? That picture was on the cover of like part two of Newsday, that awful picture of me laying and it was a full freaking page. And I was so angry because she didn't let me see it beforehand, you know, like when you go to the DMV andeah, I don't like that one. I don't like that one. Can you retake it? She didn't show me anything because I don't think it was digital even was it. She might have been using films. She was an old timer, imagine. But hold oh yeah, that's it. That's it. It's horrendous. And I also got a stupid haircut, like right before it. You look solid. My face is so puffy and fat. My hair is so short. If you're watching this on YouTube, please please just comment on this. It's that's just such an awful, awful, awful picture. I look terrible, terrible. I'm saving this. I'm gonna make this your new contact photo whatever, dude, please don't do that. Oh yeah, I am this way. When I'm texting, I get to see this. Also, I have like four Scottie Bees in my phone. Really, the one that I have now is you holding two cherries with a count Chocula shirt. Oh my god, that's such an old picture. Yeah, I'm gonna switch it. Well, no, I like that shot. It's okay. Now, okay, I want the extreme coup hunting pick. Those were ray Neer cherries. I don't even know what that means. So freaking good. You're a douche. I love it so much. It's just such a terrible, terrible picture. Yeah, she she was like, ah, I love it. That's the one I remember they set this crotchety haad to my house crutched the egg. Yes, and and like I was just so angry when I saw it, because I didn't see it until it was in the paper. I mean, I there, and people still got the newspaper back then. That's that's eleven years ago. I mean you still get a newspaper. I do, but people like really still got the paper back Yeah. Now I just get it on Sundays for the coupons. That's it. And and and it's like almost doesn't make any sense because the paper is so expensive now that you're not saving as much as it is to pay for the paper. But I got them to drop the rate because I'm like, I'm can't. You know, That's that's a pretty good tactic. If something that you have a subscription to is just too expensive, you tell them can you please cancel my subscription? And they're like, but why sir, Well, I just keep been a member for sixty four years. Yes, I just can't afford it anymore. Like okay, well what if we give it to you for a dollar a week for a year. Okay, I'll take it. You know, so you just kind of have to play hardball with them or you have to go. I don't know. It's still like, you know, that's sixty five dollars and how many weeks fifty two? Yeah, it's sixty well, attacks and whatever, but so whatever, So they'll always almost always drop it. The only people that won't or cable companies. You still have cable. Yeah, I'm just saying, like Verizon and whatever for internet.
Speaker 2: And I did that to FiOS once because they were telling me my internet went from like two hundred dollars for two years to all of a sudden it being like four hundred dollars and like, does the package.
Speaker 1: Not work for you anymore? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have a landline lady, Why am I still paying for that? You told me this would be a deal in the beginning, and now all of a sudden it's not.
Speaker 1: That's where they get you because these promotions expire yep. And it's a tiny little small print where you don't know. And then and then there you go on the bill it says this promotion expired and it's gone up one hundred dollars. It's insane. Yeah, And then when you call them, they're like, oh, I'm sorry, Well, maybe if you want to you know, less channels or whatever. I know, I'm sure you cut the court already, Like, what's a channel? Oh?
Speaker 2: Trust me, I cut the court. But I'm paying more than I've ever paid before in my life.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that there's any way to actually cut the cord and save money. I just don't. I mean, because then you have to buy subscriptions to everything whatever you want to watch, and so I just that's why I just feel like cable with a DVR is really the best way to go. But I mean, if someone can school me on it, I'd love it. But you have to keep in mind I still like watching live TV. Yeah, I enjoy watching the news and and you know shows that are on I watch live TV. So if there's any way to keep live TV and still have all the channels, then sure tell me how to do it. And they're like, oh, YouTube TV, But that's not the thing anymore, isn't. No. I use YouTube I think you told me that, but it's I was using Hulu TV, and then when I moved to my new apartment. The way Hulu with live TV works is that you need to keep your location the same. But for some reason, in my apartment the IP address changes, and then you're only allowed five location switches on Hulu. So then it would be like, oh, you're in a new location switch now, and then I would do that five times and you're done. Yeah, and then it would be like, Okay, you're locked out of your accounts. Like cool. Yeah, I don't know. I think I'm just gonna hang on the cable for a bit. They gotta switch things because I don't get it. Plus, we still do have a landline. I feel like you need it. I just I don't know. Yeah, if you were born, like, you know, before nineteen eighty five, you probably still have a landline. I would think. I don't still have one of my parents' house. Well they were born before nineteen eighty five. Yeah, so oh, I mean the house was nineteen ninety nine. We moved in, right, but you could have gotten rid of it. I'm just saying it's just I feel like it's just weird for me going into a house and they're not being a phone somewhere. Yeah. I don't disagree. I just think for an emergency it's a necessity, I agree. Or a lantern we have a case in case you need the power goes out. I mean ours is a battery operated. Do you have a generator? I have a portable generator. Huh. So, like during Sandy, that thing saved our life, not literally, it's you know, so we could have food and heat. But I always wanted to get the generac, the whole house generator, but they're so expensive and in certain jurisdictions they have to be a certain number of feet away from the house. So it really would have been like an oasis in the middle of my backyard because the guy was like, yeah, it's gotta be you know, ten feet and then from the property line and the fence in the house, and it would have been literally in the middle of the backyard as you walk through the fence. I'm like, I can't do that. You can't even like disguise that with bushes because it's literally in the middle of the yard. So sorry, I don't know. One of these days, maybe because Long Island gets so many storms nor'easters, hurricanes, and it knocks power out for days Like Sandy. We were out of power for seventeen days. That's crazy. It was insane. So I don't know. I mean, I always think about it, but it's not like I have wads of extra cash laying around for a twelve thousand dollars generator, so I don't know. The portable one is pretty good and it's weird. I've had the one that we have since Sandy and I didn't start it for like four years, and I left the gas in it, which I know is terrible that things started right up. It's a powerhouse. I found a soda stream in my parents' basement because it's bulk pickup week. Yeah, you found some other things too, I did you found the bridge game of coffee machine. Listen the coffee earned.
Speaker 2: I was so excited when I found it because I'm like, oh, this could work for us, because we've been looking for a way to have everyone get coffee without like having to go to Duncan.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it's like any other place. It's one of those Canter says that you see sitting on the table at a confirmation party. After the fact. It's that big silver right, it's one hundred cups coffee thing. Yeah, so first of all, we don't need that every morning. You gotta make fresh coffee every morning in that thing. But listen, I mean for the amount of cups that we make Okay, so everyone has like fifteen cups. We don't fill it all the way up, but I just think that it's enough that everybody could come here and have a nice cup of coffee every morning.
Speaker 2: And my mom was saying, oh, well, who would clean it or who would fill it up? That I was like, you would, you would fill it up in the.
Speaker 1: Morning, and then of course, you know, someone will dip their balls in it, and I'm done.
Speaker 2: Who's this is another thing? First, it's the sink at the barber shops. Now it's people just sticking things into call.
Speaker 1: You know, there have been old man balls in that sink. There's no doubt someone has a joke one time, like wash their balls in the sink. Why would someone do that, I don't know, but the fact that I even thought of it means that someone else did.
Speaker 2: You're insane, Yes, you were insane. Yes, No one is purposely going to you. Really practical jokes people don't do that. No, okay, you're the.
Speaker 1: Only person I know who thinks a practical joke would be dipping your balls into the barbershop sink and being like, d I don't nobody. There has been some old man after hours takes his wrinkly balls out and stands okay and dips him in the sink and goes hah, Yeah, yep, that's his whole life's achievement. I did it. I finally put those balls in the sink, like what it's been done. And you think the same thing happens here with like cure eggs and coffee machines and water machines. Didn't you see the video of somebody that works here.
Speaker 2: If you drink out of water fountains that legit have mold in them.
Speaker 1: Also, I say legit too much. I'm picking up on it now, that's okay. Didn't you see the video of whoever it was that worked here that like took a bite out of something and then put it in the toaster. That's a toaster. So I'm hungry. I literally just got legit, just got hunger pangs. They're not pains, they're pangs. Did you know that? I always used to call it hunger pains, but they're not. It's not a hunger pain. I didn't know that. It's a pang pang like Topanga. No. I know Topanga from Loved I Love, Yes, I loved Topanga. Yeah m hm Rachel Fishal or whatever, Danielle Fishal that one. Yes, but oh here we go. We'll be back right after this. Gotta make the cushy, and we're back. Nice. I had enough time to dip my balls in the sink down the hall.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised because that's something that apparently you are very much like.
Speaker 1: And no one will ever know. Haven't you watched the hidden camera shows Like Fox used to have this hidden camera show back in the day, and like some some guy got mad and like pete in the coffee pot and put it back in and then the coworker drank it. It's all scripted.
Speaker 2: That's like half the people on YouTube that are like, I'm gonna run this prank in Los Angeles. First of all, you're in Los Angeles, so everybody wants to be an actor, so they go up to people randomly and are like, hey, we're gonna make a sketch.
Speaker 1: Well, those are all fake.
Speaker 2: You could see they're all fake. Everything is fake cameras obviously, So you think someone on Fox.
Speaker 1: This is fifteen years ago or more, all the pranks are still fake. Every one real one. There's probably at least ten that are fake. Nobody's peeing in a coffee pot and someone's interrupting to be like, hey, it's happened. We had that woman calling in. A couple of weeks ago, I peed in the coffee pot at work because I hated this girl.
Speaker 2: Jackass is the only show I believe that they actually do the pranks that they say.
Speaker 1: Show you believe Jackass for sure. By the way, I was told I was supposed to watch Jackass forever. I always watch that one too. Cubby and Darren watched it and like, you guys, you have to watch it. I don't know what's streaming. What service is it on. Maybe it's on Voodoo. Got to pardon me for eating a banana. I'm so hungry, Okay, I get those hunger pangs. I should have done it during a break, Yeah, because before I was throwing my cup away that I had cereal in and milk sprayed all over the place. Huh. And you said that you spilled milk, and I said, don't cry over spilled milk. Yeah, but you didn't. I don't think you knew what I was talking about. I did know what you were talking about. It's a very popular phrase. Also, people say spilt that's not a proper word. Is it spilt? Is sp spilt? Milk? L I T? Isn't it l t? Isn't it spilled? S p I L l e ed spuilt? Is you could spell that? You could spilt? The past tense of spilt. Your extreme coopining photo came up. I don't know. There's a few words like I also don't I also didn't think that whelp was a proper word, but apparently it is. Spilt has to be a word s P l I T. I don't think so past tense spilt real? So what's spilled? Is that also acceptable? I guess I don't know. Welcome to another episode of grammar chet. Yeah, you know, too bad I didn't about it in school because then I would know, right, Yeah, there's uh yeah, spilled, spilled, spilt. Okay, then do this searchs don't cry over and see what comes up.
Speaker 2: Spilt is actually the original past tense form of the verb to spill, but it has, in the last one hundred years or so fallen out of use.
Speaker 1: Right, That doesn't mean it's not proper. People just don't say it anymore. Yes, got it? Wow? So I'm very excited that cherry season is on the way. I know you're not a fan. Not a cherry fan. I see them in the stores. They're very expensive now because they're first just coming to market, and they're not that dark. They're not really the bing cherries. They're the what I love cherries. I had a cherry tree for a while. With those damn birds they take them before you can even you know, my bamboo is growing. Yeah, but you can't eat expeditiously. You can't eat that. Actually you can. You can eat bamboo, Yes you can. Oh, there's some Chinese food, isn't it. Bamboo sprouts, bam bamboo. Oh yeah, but not the kind that you're growing. Yes, it is. Moss of bamboo is actually one of the edible ones. Cool. You got it in? Yeah, you could eat it.
Speaker 2: You could boil the stalks, bring some in. I'm not because I think it's disgusting. Oh but you know for others that they season it right. I just have not cooked it well, or have it had it cooked well.
Speaker 1: Bamboo shoots, that's right, bamboo shoots. I couldn't tell you what they look like though they're in like some Chinese. When I get my cashew chicken. Yeah, I think there's bamboo shoots in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there probably is, because it's Do you ever taste something that's kind of like dries out really quick?
Speaker 1: I can chewing it and you're like, you know what, Maybe there's not in there, because I think I know everything that's in there. I always ask for water chest nuts. I I effing love water chests. They're my favorite. Now, wait a second, do they obviously that's Is that a vegetable? What a water chestnut? Why would it be a vegetable? What is it? Is it a nut? Because says nut? Yes? How does it groan? I think like a regular chest You think it's on a tree. I don't think it's the same kind of thing as a chestnut, like roasting over an open fire.
Speaker 2: I have a feeling people probably listen to the show and when they know something, they're like, you are idiots.
Speaker 1: Yes, chestnuts wasn't other Scot's supposed to be on this episode. He was. He was gonna quiz beyond next week. He had something going on. I would like to fly out there and hang out with him. Yeah, you and I should do a weekend in Colorado. You're gonna smell weed everyone and be like I can't do it. I need to go home.
Speaker 2: That's true. The Chinese water chest center. Water chestnut is as grass like sedge native to Asia, grass like tropical Africa and ocean. How do you say this is oceanic even though there's an a at the end where Oceania.
Speaker 1: Oceania, Oceania, Oceania. I don't know. It is grown in many countries for its edible corms. Oh so it's a corm.
Speaker 2: It's not a nut, but an aquatic vegetable that grows in marshes underwater in the mud.
Speaker 1: What is up now? Holy moly? And I bet they send dogs down there to get them, just like the truffles. No, no, no, did they have people in there with the big long rubber pants fishing them out? Yep? I water chestnuts are what they put am I thinking of the right things, the ones that they put on ice cream like Sundays. No, sir, what are those ones? Wet walnuts? Okay, thank you for listening to bullsh but I also never understood that as an ice cream topic. Wet walnuts. Isn't it just like syrupy walnuts? Oh my god, they're so good. Okay, so what is the wet part. Is it like maple syrup? What is it? Maybe a little bit? I don't know. But if you get oh, I love wet walnuts, does it taste mapley kind of? You know the walnuts still crunchy or they soggy, They're kind of crunchy, still hump if it's fresh. I guess you know what one of my favorite ice cream toppings is and it's not very popular. Marshmallow. Yeah. I don't really see a purpose for that. See. I would always get like a hot Sunday with marshmallow on at the topping. And I knew somebody that worked at a dairy queen and he told me, only get the marshmallow in the beginning of the season. Now, this is like the dairy queens that are only open, you know, in the summer months, not the ones that are year round the restaurants. But he's like, only get the marshmaow in the beginning of the season, because come August it's been sitting there and it's kind of all clumpy and gross. Yeah, it's nice and fresh in may clumpy grossness. I love marshmallow. I could sit and eat an entire bag of them in one city. I love them so much. It's not for me. And I love every incarnation of marshmallow, like I like marshmallow syrup. I like marshmallow and ice cream. I used to my favorite favorite ice cream growing up, And you're gonna be like, what's that was Heavenly Hash. Yep, Neil heard this seal test. Heavenly Hash was my favorite ice cream growing up, and that's when the ice cream used to come in the half gallon block containers. They didn't when I was a kid. Andy, They didn't come and the container, open the top off and just scoop it out like a Hagga nuts container, although Hoga Nus had that for as long as I can remember. But if you bought a half gallon of ice cream, it wasn't in the cool like take off the top and scoop it out one it was in. It was like very very thin cardboard, and it would PLoP it down and you'd have to like unhook it and open it and then scoop out of there, and the thing would get all mangled if it started melting or whatever, and it would drool out this terrible yeah. Yeah, but that's that's how it came. A half gallon of ice cream was just like this rectangle brick with a thin piece of cardboard around it, and that's how it was. Huh seal test ice milk. I liked that. That was like for people that were trying to be healthier ice milk. I don't think I make that anymore because it's probably BS. I like Rocky Road ice cream, Yes, that one has marshmallow. Rocky Road and Heavenly Hash were similar. I don't know what the exact differences. I think one had nuts and one didn't, or it was a different type of nut, one had almonds and one had No, it wasn't peanuts. I forget what the actual difference was. But now do you like do like ice cream with a marshmallow swirl? Or do you like the actual marshmallow? Actual? Yeah? Me too. Know what I'm really craving right now? What like a like a blizzard or something with Reese's peanut butter cups. Okay, oh my god, I'm craving that now. I was also a big fan of Thinny Thin Oh my god, I remember for fatty fans like you. I can't believe that was an actual commercial, such an eighties thing. I know, it's crazy I don't. They don't obviously don't make thinny thin anymore.
Speaker 2: They also have a car bell by the way, they also have the commercial out now what the commercial that's like, there's a weight loss commercial.
Speaker 1: Don't you remember?
Speaker 2: No, Like, there's a commercial that plays now where they're like for unnecessary pudge, Like.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, I don't. Yeah, we talked about it. I don't know. I don't know what it's for.
Speaker 2: It's just such an outdated word because you can't really say, like, hey, now, it's like, are you struggling with weight loss? No, this one cuts right to the point and it's like pudge, are you like bulging out of your clothes?
Speaker 1: Could you imagine a time where you could say in a commercial for fatty fats like you like? And it was just okay and normal. I'm just gonna play the commercial. We probably have played it before, but carvel one, oh, we definitely did it. Was it just put it? Just put in thinny thin or yeah, carvel thinny dash thin and then we'll get and running. I mean, you're gonna get all the you're gonna get all the cookie puss ones and whatever. I love cookie puss, but actually you know. I don't know if Carvel is all across the country, but it's in most places and you can get it in your supermarkets too. Is that it yeap thinnythin for fatty fats like you? Okay, get it was there. It was there like diet ice cream before frozen yogurt was a thing. Really, this tastes like Carvelle ice cream, but it really is an ice cream, Charlie, And that's a contradiction. And it's made fresh at Carvell. Tell me more, and it only has eighteen and a half calories, but flew it down. Well, you're gonna get me. Something comes in lots of flavors and even in cake. What is it? Feed me? Feed me? It's thinny thin, a dietary frozen dessert and I got it at Carvel. Yeah, for fatty fats like you. Okay, here it's all you are. Well, you finished it, You finished it. Why do I know that? That's absolutely insane that that was an ad that would play. He also doesn't sound like a fat guy. No, well, I mean you can't sound like that. He sounds like the guy from Revenge of the Nerds. And it could have been him because it was just a voice actor. If you look at the commercial, all it was was an ice cream dish with a spoon. There was no you couldn't see the people stupid. Oh boy, Well, thank you guys for listening to Andrews.
Speaker 2: Stop no, stop doing it. I am doing it. Thank you so much for listening. We appreciate you guys for listening. Forty eight minutes is more than enough. You don't need another twelve minutes of us bringing up something else.
Speaker 1: Watch the comments say they're gonna say thank you. Forty eight minutes is just enough. It's really funny because when we started this, I was like, nobody wants to listen that long, and then here you are cutting it off. Yeap, because forty five to like, did you do the research? Did you call Quinnipiac? Did they do a poll? I don't need to do Quinnipiac. Actually read on pod like I work on other podcasts, So I actually understand this podcast. I understand a little more maybe than you do. Who's just like I need to talk another five minutes about how my dog pooped out like sweet potato. People are gonna want to listen to that sweet potato. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You always come up with something random at the end to kind of bait and switch, and then it goes over an hour and you're like, yay.
Speaker 1: Bait and what am I car salesman? Yes, I earned car salesman. When it's like all right, Andy wants to leave early, I guess we won't talk about X item, and then I go what item? And then you bring it up and you talk for another ten minutes, and then we go over an hour and then you're like, yay, we did it, yes, yeah, but not today, not on my watch. Do I have to drive you home today? Is the question? I know. Yay, you can end. We thank you for listening. Follow us at Serial Killers PC all over the place. Wherever you get your social media. I can subscribe if you're watching this on YouTube, I guess the subscribe buttons over here or over here. Make sure you leave comments down there. Also subscribe wherever you're listening to your podcasts. And I just say one more thing really quick, and it's not a bait and switch, but I thought it was funny while you were mentioning all those things. When I was at Adventureland over the weekend, we were on the train ride because I always insist on going on the train and when it goes around the whole park. Every place has that, and they have like old signs along the way that they've never changed, and it said check in on four square. Oh no, not that, not anymore right, that's a long time ago, long time ago. I used to be the what is it the manager of the president, mayor, the mayor I was. I was the mayor of a lot of places.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised I could see you making like a point to be the mayor.
Speaker 1: I have a shirt with the mayor crown Lord. Well again, thank you. Yes, we'll see you on Monday with an all new serial Killers the Bawl. What are you looking at slim Fast for? Oh? I thought you were calling me a fatty fat You were appointed to the slim Fast slim Fest for like you imagine if that was their marketing, I think it should Okay, anyway, thanks for listening to ball Chat. We'll see you Monday, and have a great week weekend. Oh, have a great Memorial Day, Yes, weekend, a nice long weekend. Stay safe, bring your little Luna dog in there and do some splashies. He's going to do all splashing, all right, Take care, all right? Say clink Andrew, clink clink. Oh that was a double yeah. She jumped back out all right. Well, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, See you Monday. Bye bye,