Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong Show, Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and get Cat and now he Armstrong and Getty. Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 3: I always love talking to Timo Sanderfer.
Speaker 4: We just wrapped up a conversation if you just tune it in or whatever a grab it via podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand about his book, and I mentioned one of his previous books, The Permission Society, which he put out in twenty sixteen, was inspired by conversations on this show and honored to have inspired anything good.
Speaker 3: To happen on Earth.
Speaker 4: But it occurs to me if it's a perfect introduction to the freedom lovely quote of the and not Yet Michael and then Mailbag, because what we talked about at the time that launched the book was and I may have come up with this, it doesn't really matter, but never use the word permit as a noun unless you think about it as a verb. You're getting a permit from the county to do this, that or the other. And it ranges from you know, in in parts of rural Texas where you don't need a permit to do anything, to in your bluer states and cities, and all famously in the communist enclave where Jack makes us home. You need a permit to get a new dishwasher for your kitchen, so they make sure it's up to whatever environmental rules and rags rule that that communist enclave. And those the rules and rags and permits are often well meaning road to hell, paid with good intentions.
Speaker 3: Right, and some of them are.
Speaker 4: Probably either legitimate, even if they go a little too farm But the problem is you get this web of permissions for everything you do every day, every use of your land, every tool you use, every mode of transportation, and sooner or later that web of well meaning rules and REGs traps you. It becomes the opposite of liberty. And again a lot of it's well meaning, but it tends to total up, bit by bit by bit until you're just not a free person anymore. And I certainly joined with him and fighting against that sort of thing, which brings us to the freedom loving quote of the day. And I'm gonna go with a series from Nikita Khrushyev, who is the premiere of the Soviet Union in the fifties and sixties.
Speaker 3: I think through nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 4: He took power after Stalin, and it was a huge, huge moment in the history of Russia and the Soviet Union. And though he left officer, I think he croaked before I was born. It was his doctrines that governed the Cold War to a large extent until Gorbachev and the Detante and everything came in. Daytime was a different period, but when the Soviet Union crumbled, so Khrushev was enormously, enormously influential, and he was kind of the rule giver that we Cold warriors grew up with his philosophy. And what's interesting and handy about Krushchev is he was utterly clear and open about his plans. And we'll be hitting some of his quotes for the next couple of week, week or two. Anyway, we'll lead with this one. You Americans are so gullible. No, you won't accept communism outright, but we'll keep feeding you small doses of socialism until you'll finally wake up and find you already have communism. We won't have to fight you will, so weaken your economy until you'll fall like overwrite fruit fruit into our hands.
Speaker 3: Mailbag. Obviously, one of.
Speaker 4: The reasons that's so appropriate is socialism seems to be on the march, particularly among the young in college and miseducated in America.
Speaker 3: These days, Kruschev's wishes are coming true.
Speaker 4: And not to be over dramatic, but I will die fighting them. Drum's note mail bag at Armstrong you get ay dot com. Let's see David and Campbell says some very nice things about the show, Thank you, Barbro, and he mentions that yesterday we played a clip of AOC try and answer the question about the difference between socialism and communism, and she doesn't know the difference, and he says, essentially, and this is under.
Speaker 3: Karl Marx's theory.
Speaker 4: This is handy to no I suppose in socialism the workers control the state. State uses this power to take over major industries and the means of production. And as time passes, that utopia ends, the conflict between the classes and the state is no longer needed and withers away. Everybody shares and shares alike. It is truly a utopia. Everyone communicates, there are no need for even rules. This is communism, the ideal state. And if you seriously think that will ever happen, among human beings. You need your brain checked, or you need to get the hell out of the way and let the adults run things. It's a good explanation encapsulated there. David appreciate it. Then this from Tim, I love this. He says, Remember there's a merit system in communism. People become really talented at telling on each other. The power is in control, controlling the systems. The people who get control of the systems, the stores, the gas stations, etc. Have the opportunity for corruption that of course comes in communism, and these are the coveted positions. Of course, it doesn't matter whether someone's a zel At or real communists. They will, for the purposes of survival and advancement, become really good at telling on people, really good at putting people in trouble, so they can continue to have that power. That's what happens in communism. That's why it always fails. That's how Russia became a criminal gang. With the toughest criminal in charge. The commissars get rich and it doesn't matter anymore if the system fails, as long as they stay rich. The people that run the store have the food, the people that run the gas station have fuel. The people that supervise the distribution of benefits have benefits, and that's all that matters. Now, I'm going to depart from the plan here of mail bag and Michael do me a favor.
Speaker 3: Let's play Oh where is it? Ah da da da. This is instructive.
Speaker 4: This is the late Charlie Kirk debating Hassan Piker. And put up with them yelling over each other for a minute because they get into a little bit of substance.
Speaker 3: In number forty four, why.
Speaker 5: Don't you give ninety five percent of your money away and go live on a communey?
Speaker 6: Do you really think that that's a worse Do you really think?
Speaker 3: Why not worse?
Speaker 5: Go preach because I every single business you uninterrupted for fiveness, Hassan.
Speaker 3: Let me go ahead, sorry live.
Speaker 7: You're right?
Speaker 5: What I practice free market, capitalist, I employed people, I took a risk. I have my own startup business. Every single day. I practice what I preach. He wants other people to contribute to what he considers to be a good idea, what he considers will make the.
Speaker 3: World a better place.
Speaker 5: That you have the freedom to go live as a socialist, Go do it, Hassan. What's stopping you Okay, So.
Speaker 6: Here's what we'll take.
Speaker 7: The last point, the last point I will make is this.
Speaker 6: Here's why that conversation is absolutely preposterous. If I gave away the measly earnings that I had and gave gave away ninety five percent, how much you make it necessarily even pushed the needle.
Speaker 4: So Hassan Piker's next sentence ought to be so for my system to work, I need, because I know it's right, to control everybody else and make them give away what they earn. My system depends entirely not on individual initiative or consent, or taking risk or investing or building something. My system depends entirely on controlling people and taking from them. And yeah, I understand taxation is a similar thing, but there's no taxation without the consent of the legislature, at least in theory in our country. But Hassan Piker, the darling and left admitted there.
Speaker 3: I need to.
Speaker 4: Control everyone for this system to work. It's a great truism and piece of wisdom. There are only two ways to get somebody to work. Number one award or number two the fear of punishment, and because socialism eliminates reward, for effort, reward for innovation, reward for risk, reward for outworking everybody else. People quickly decide, obviously, I'm not gonna work. I'm gonna get what I get whether I work or not. So I'm not going to work. Okay, So we've removed reard. What's left fear of punishment. Hassan Piker's entire system requires control and punishment of anybody who doesn't go along with his nefarious plans. Getting back to mailbag, Joe Schmoe, Bonnie Lake, Washington rights, that's how he signs it.
Speaker 3: Uh oh.
Speaker 4: On the topic of the WNBA and the two women who used to play in the NBA, mister Cantner and mister White, Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah right.
Speaker 4: I'm miss miss ms cant and miss White because they say they're women, that makes them women.
Speaker 3: Trans women are women. But Joe makes a good point.
Speaker 4: All the WNBA has to do is not draft these guys or any other ex NBA player, because they have to be drafted in order to play. Because they're not really presenting his trans the trans community will not be upset that they didn't get drafted. Although White actually bought a really nice blonde wig, he looks very comely in it, and three granted to presenting trans female with great basketball skills for to try out and then not get drafted.
Speaker 3: The league would then have a problem. So how far.
Speaker 4: But again, Joe, it's like we were talking about yesterday. If they were sincerely transgender, well, who's what do we go to the sincere police, the Sincerity League? Is there a medical test? The whole thing's just absurd. We're calling their bluff. Go get them, ladies. On the topic of Iran, which continues to be a mire full of quag don in San Jose, right, So I don't understand what Trump keeps opening the door for negotiations quote unquote with the Ran, it only invites more nonsense requests from them.
Speaker 3: So we thought saw this last weekend.
Speaker 4: Why don't we just give them a declaration like the pot Stem Declaration of World War Two. It's simple, give up all striving for nuclear weapons, turnover existing nuclear refinement, open the straits of hermuvese. There'll be no tolls or threats against the chipping give up on all terrorism and sport terrorist groups. There should be one more recognized Israel. Maybe that's one too many. Well down, The problem isn't I have a feeling you know this? An order without a sanction is a suggestion. It's a request. What's the or else?
Speaker 3: Or else? Well?
Speaker 4: You know what, Oh, Jim wrights Jim and Houston rights the Mullahs and the IRGC or Lucy van Pelt.
Speaker 3: Trump is Charlie Brown.
Speaker 4: The dealed open, her moves is the football, Over and over and over.
Speaker 3: Trump acts as if the Mulas have no cards.
Speaker 4: In fact, they have a straight Oh clever, Jim clever, get it Oka reference, very nice, it's a good point. What was the other thing I was going to say? Seemed important at the time. Oh, well, we don't know what levers do. Oh oh, I was gonna say. The strategy right now appears to be just choking financially till they give out. Whether that will ever have the machine gunned forty fifty thousand of their own citizens in the street. I don't think they care if those people are.
Speaker 3: A little hungry. Let's see why don't we call it good.
Speaker 4: We're going to come back with a bunch of stories, from the really impactful to the completely idiotic. Run through. Get you caught up on what's happening in the world. It's the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: Glad you're here, stay with us.
Speaker 4: Hey, Michael, Sorry, I meant to ask for this. Can you hit me with clip number twenty one? This is the flower of American womanhood known as Royce White, who played in wn or in the NBA and wants to play in the WNBA.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm transgender, I'm a woman.
Speaker 8: I'm I identify as sometimes identifying as a woman for purposes of basketball professional basketball. So I'll be declaring for the WNBA draft in twenty twenty seven as well.
Speaker 3: So we all know that that's going on.
Speaker 4: And I want to explain something because I don't think most people understand this, and you really have to understand it. And it discourages and shocks me the lack of curiosity in a lot of the media, including the conservative media, about where this stuff is coming from, the whole transgender thing, and this is this is foundational to all of it. It has to do with the critical theory school of philosophy. A handful of French guys, if you know their names, you know you know them. But in the nineteen sixties, who came up with this idea that we need to get Marxism in but We're of the world unit didn't really work. And so the point of critical theory you have to understand is there are no truths. There are no there is no reality that we all can agree on. It's entirely cultural and entirely opinion. There is nothing you can say that critical theory won't try to tear apart. They criticize it. That's where the name comes from. They problematize it. You've heard that term. Probably They ask all these wacky, half rhetorical questions to get you to back off something as simple as only women can have babies. And you know, I was going to go into detail on something leading to it, but I'll just cut to the bottom line. So eliminating any binaries there are men there are women is at the heart of critical theory, and so.
Speaker 3: They cannot admit.
Speaker 4: Why don't they just back down on the women's sports thing you're asking yourself, I mean, because anybody would have a brain can see and understand immediately, or it doesn't even need to see anything to know. The reason title line exists. The reason women's sports exist is because men elite athletes are much bigger and stronger and faster and more violent, and if women are going to enjoy sports, it ought to be for women. And ninety eight percent of the planet, if you explain it to them, believes that. But they can't admit that there's something foundational that we all can agree on, because then critical theory collapses. And I know it seems insane, but that is what underpins all of what's going on at the teachers' colleges and has infected a radical gender theory, the genderbred man. Little boys and girls can choose whether they're boys and girls, and then they try to confuse you what's gender, what sex? And all that at the heart is critical theory that says there are no universal truths.
Speaker 3: All there are are cultural truths.
Speaker 4: And or Weell would leap out of his grave if he could and point out a dudes, That's what I was trying to warn you about, is that if there are no truths, the party can tell you what the truth is and you have to accept it, and you can't say, well, that doesn't square with reality, because reality is just what the party tells you.
Speaker 3: It is so critical theory and the people.
Speaker 4: Pushing it, whether they know they are or not, they just think they're enlightened, and that these nice trans people deserve to be able to play in girls sports. They're just trying to push critical theory. The greatest example is the two plus two is five thing, which is actually straight out of nineteen eighty four the critical theory crowd, and there was a giant Twitter war which got James Lindsay fired up to begin with. Because these mathematician, as I recall saying, no, two plus two doesn't equal four in every society. In some societies it equals five straight out or well, straight out of critical theory. That's why they can't give up on this crap anyway. A bunch of stuff to get to in a couple of minutes. We've got David Drucker to kind of parse some of the politics of our time. Jack's gonna check in a bit, stay with us, don't go away.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 9: Abolishing ice yes, a one year data center moratorium, yes, breaking up a big ag yes, public grocery stores yes, right to repair yes, legalizing cannabis yes. Overturning Citizens United yes, a worker's bill of rights yes, a free Palestine yes.
Speaker 3: Delightful.
Speaker 4: Hassan Piker interviewing and quizzing the delightful Francesca Hong, who is involved in a primary for the governorship of Wisconsin. Actually today as we speak, be interesting to see how that pans out. We're joined by David Drucker, senior writer for The Dispatch, longtime friend of the Armstrong and Getty Show, and David, I will reserve it to myself to rant that these people are lunatics and their policies will never work. But first of all, welcome, it's good to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, good to be bad.
Speaker 4: And the thing i wanted to talk to you about, and I'm so interested in this the nature of the primary system and the fact that a super energized, fairly small segment of either one of the political parties can win primary after primary primary.
Speaker 3: And the conventional.
Speaker 4: Wisdom is, yeah, that's true because it's the hardcore that turn out, but then it makes it harder to win the general. But I've observed over and over again, and this is what I really want to ask you about. Folks who just just rant about how horrific these policies are in the primaries then say, well, of course I'll support her. So is it not true that the super energized, fairly smallish base of the party now runs both parties because the districts are so polarized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's something to that. I think there's some nuance there. But you know, with the proliferation of Gerrymander districts, right, we've had Jerrymander districts since the beginning of the Republic, but particularly after the mid decade redistricting that we saw over the past year, there are fewer and fewer competitive house districts. And so when you're comparing, for instance, midterm elections, know six in twenty ten, in twenty eighteen, to what might happen in twenty twenty six, you have to take into account there just isn't as much competitive territory for Democrats to be in a position to flip. And so, you know, then you get to this question of how much influence therefore have the wings of the parties accrued, And they've definitely accrued some more influence than they used to have, because it's harder to make the argument that we need to not dominate a pragmatist or somebody with broad appeal when the winner of the primary essentially is the winner of the general.
Speaker 3: Election, and then you're looking at.
Speaker 7: These competitive seats and states.
Speaker 1: Where progressives and socialist candidates are making inroads. And I think part of that has to do with the fact that the Democratic Party is going through its own anti establishment civil war, much as the Republican Party did during Barack Obama's presidency. And you know, these the Democrats have not gone through something like this in quite some time, because they were not unified by Obama. They were, well, they were first unified by opposition to George W. Bush, which turned into unification around Barack Obama, which turned into unification around opposition to Donald Trump. And now they're finally sort of going through the the sort of periodic upheaval that parties go through. I think the question though, in this case is where do they land because some of these candidates, candidates, unlike Democrats in the past, are rather extreme. When you just go through that checklist there where you played the clip, and you know, usually what happens is either these things succeed with voters and therefore they get to declare victory the wing the wingers do, or they start losing some some winnable coveted general elections and it resuscitates you know, so called establishment winging a party that is focused on winning. That's what happened in large part with a lot of Republicans, at least in congressional races prior to Donald Trump, where Republicans senate candidates in particular were blowing these winnable races, and the party got more aggressive, took more control over these primaries and started nominating broadly acceptable candidates. They started winning again, and that kind of put that thing to bet.
Speaker 3: Right now, you're a lot closer to this than we are.
Speaker 4: I see the Democratic establishment as as very old and very comfortable with their own control of the party. And what does the next generation of the Democratic establishment look like?
Speaker 3: We don't know why. Good question.
Speaker 1: First of all, I think the Democratic establishment doesn't quite know what to do about the insurgents in their midst. I think that they're afraid to challenge them very publicly. I think they've been challenging them subtly and quietly and in back you know, and in back rooms strategy sessions. And we've seen that with you know, certain pac money being spent and endorsements being made, but they still haven't reached the point where they recognize these candidates as a problem, and they haven't reached a point where fear of their own base is superseded by fear of losing and perpetuating Republican control of the White House and of Congress. And so the first step is, like, when does the party itself try to reassert control and actually wage the kind of aggressive warfare that the progressive base and these you know, Democratic Socialists of America candidates have been waging, right, And then that'll tell us a lot about who the next sort of iteration of the democratic establishment is. Whether it's the same people they just finally got off their butts and started fighting, or whether it's somebody.
Speaker 4: New right right, let's say, you know, let's stay on a somewhat philosophical level. I find it more fun than the headlines of the day. So you look across at the Republican Party, in Trump's enormous influence, bl Obama. Everybody knows that, right, given the fact that the Republican Party has been dealing with that, the Democrats have been dealing with what we've been describing, what is a political party anymore if it is merely the executive branch of whatever whims of the head guy is? I mean, you don't have a platform until you ask your candidate what do you want our platform to be? Are both parties getting tired of that whip sawing back and forth enough that they'll assert themselves and say, a party is a thing, here's what we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's a big it's a broader question, and I think you know, for the time being, the answer is no. I mean, I joke all the time, but I'm half serious that these parties have deteriorated and self immolated, and they're basically now in many ways, nothing more than ballid access organizations. They don't really have anything that they're willing to fight for beyond you know, whatever their philosophical region of control wants at any given time, right, and we've seen that at the presidential level in particular. You know, whoever the nominee is, that person's in charge of the party, that person determines the party's agenda, and you know, when a candidate comes along that is that is unacceptable. The line really has to cross. And we see this from time to time, right when a line will be crossed and the parties will say, no, you don't get our support.
Speaker 3: And you still see things like.
Speaker 7: That but you're right to point this out.
Speaker 1: Part of the problem, even though everybody hates political parties, is that parties have grown weaker as polarization has increased, and we probably are politics in this country the things that people think they don't like about our polities. Top politics would improve if the parties actually strengthened and began to take, you know, reassert control over their platforms and their candidates and things of that nature the way they used.
Speaker 4: To m a little less democracy, maybe at least at the primary. David Drucker, senior writer with the Dispatch, is with us. David, what's the most interesting story in politics going on right now that you think people ought to be paying attention to.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I don't know if they're probably already paying attention if you're you know, a political junkie, but I think what's going on in Michigan is probably the most interesting story in politics, and whether a duels I d gets elected, gets elected to the Senate in a swing state like Michigan, because it's going to have it's going to I think it's going to tell us a lot about where certain you know, voters are. But also I think it's gonna if else I had wins, the progressive wing of the Democratic Party is going to have an argument to make. I don't necessarily think it would be true anyway, but they're going to be able to say, don't tell us a Winger can't win the presidency, can't win the key states in the electoral College voting.
Speaker 7: We just want Michigan. And if he.
Speaker 1: Loses to a Republican, and a Republican hasn't won a US Senate seat in Michigan since the nineties, and of course it's a very bad environment from the GOP. If l say it loses, then you know, the normal way the Democratic Party, in a pragmatic way, it's going to be able to see we told you so. And I think that could have a huge influence over the course of the twenty twenty eight Democratic presidential primary. By the way, may also forestall any possibility of Democrats winning control of the Senate if they lose a Senate seat they control in Michigan.
Speaker 4: Right right, final question, David, how blue is Wisconsin?
Speaker 3: Now? Is it possible Francesca Hang gets the nomination? It's not blue. I mean it's a swing state.
Speaker 1: It's a narrowly divided state.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, she could very well get the nomination for all the.
Speaker 3: Reasons we just discussed, right, but then she may she may.
Speaker 1: Get elected governor in an environment that favors Republicans, I mean, the favors Democrats in the way that this one you know does at the moment. But I think she's also vulnerable in a general election. And you know, and also there are plenty of Democrats still running in competitive seats and states. And I're all going to get a lot more between Elsie ed winning the Democratic nomination of Michigan and the Pong is the nominee, and in wisconsin's the governor. And you've got some other DSA candidates that have succeeded in these primaries. It's a it's much more for Democrats in places that matter to answer for than just what about mom Donnie in New York.
Speaker 3: City, right right.
Speaker 4: David Drucker, senior writer with The Dispatch, David, always stimulating, Thanks so much.
Speaker 3: For the time, anytime, Thank you, all right, thank you, Yeah, let's stay in touch.
Speaker 7: Ay.
Speaker 3: Quick word from her friends at Blue Collar Dollar.
Speaker 4: If you're again to people, frankly, you work hard and you value your family. You're a bit of a savior. You've accumulated some wealth and you're trying to figure out how to guide it all to your financial dreams. But you want somebody who gets you and is going to talk with you, not at you. We invite you to call her friends at blue Collar Dollar. If you save five hundred thousand dollars or more, why don't you give him a call for a no cost consultation. There's no obligation. If you don't like what you hear, no harm done. But we know these people. We love their philosophy, and they are good folks, and they love this country.
Speaker 3: From your mobile phone, dial pound.
Speaker 4: Two fifteen and when prompted, say the keywords blue collar Dollar once again. Just but dial pound two fifty and say blue collar dollar, just to hear them out.
Speaker 3: Advisory services offered through.
Speaker 4: Talent LLC and SEC registered investment advisor Marketing is conducted by its filia company, blue Collar Dollar ll SAY. Registration as an investment advisor does not imply a certain level of scale or training. For more important disclosures, visit blue Collar Dollar dot com. Again, dial pound two fifty and say blue collar Dollar. I thought it was interesting that The New York Times is actually pretty critical of Jessica hong A, Francesca hong Rather and her various.
Speaker 3: Beliefs and policies. They're merciless.
Speaker 4: I wonder if that's the Democratic establishment kind of raising its head and saying, hey, hey, hey, are you people sure you're up on everything she has to say. I actually found the coverage in the New York Times more clear eyed and critical than in the Wall Street Journal, which was a head scratcher. Well, well, I'll find out today that the key primary in Wisconsin is today. I guess we'll know by todight what's going on with that one. Jack's gonna check in from the vacation trail next day with us. He's the co host, he's on vacation. He's annexing Canada, one delicious gravy fry at a time. He's Jack Armstrong. Hello Jack, how are you?
Speaker 7: But do you suppose we don't put a gravy on prize in the United States?
Speaker 4: We do, actually in various places. It's often called poutine, which sounds like a euphemism for a lady part to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like that word.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, it's funny. I have not come across it a lot, but it's everywhere I go to eat, which I have one of those little, uh motorized things to get around.
Speaker 3: Now, that's what's happened.
Speaker 7: I've only been here in three days, and yes, I'm unable to power myself with my own legs anymore.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna do? You're gonna get a scooter? I go adapted over.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: Interesting, I'm in band I'm a thousand miles from those fires in uh Washington and Oregon. Yeah, and just across the border in Canada. And it is so smoky here a thousand miles away.
Speaker 4: Oh that's too bad, because I've told the scenery well, I've seen pictures. It is breathtaking.
Speaker 7: Oh it is, and luckily I can, you know, still see it. But it's not the same as it would be for the fires. But man, it is. It is really smoky. The scenery is breathtaking, is absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 3: Excellent.
Speaker 4: And are you mostly you guys just hiking and looking around and touristy stuff.
Speaker 7: What you got any big adventures planned so far? Yes, that's exactly well. We went to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. That's what we did the first two days. Oh, my youngest has no interest in that, but my eldest really is interested. And we just hung around there for like twenty four hours. And that is one of the largest gatherings of humanity. I think it's the largest non religious gatherings humanity that happens every year. It's about a half a million people that show up in this town of six thousand people.
Speaker 3: It's amazing, like dwarfs the Indy five hundred, for instance. It's many multiples, just insane.
Speaker 7: It's just so crazy. And uh, and my kids, I'm glad that the ad they're fourteen and sixteen, they saw some things that opened their eyes. That's that's for certain. The way there is there is there is some There is some stuff to see walking the streets, no doubt about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't bet there was. Well, I was just going to say for your younger son, Henry, that even if you're not at all into motorcycles or whatever, just the sheer spectacle of the thing would have to be, you know, eye opening.
Speaker 7: What's interesting is I know how it is. We've talked about this many times, how people are born with personalities, I mean, and they're just very, very different. But my oldest just I mean, he just when he's around that vibe of just music and noise and people and crowds and cars, he just lights up. I mean, it just energizes him so much. And my youngest is always, can I go sit in the car until this is over? And he puts something in his ears so he doesn't have to herinate it and he doesn't like to see it. So it's just very different. So now we're doing his part of the trip more or less, where we're driving through mountains and creeks and stopping and it's perfectly quiet, and we hike and we see deer and bighorn sheep and that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: He likes that wonderful.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, yeah, it has to make vacation planning at least somewhat challenging.
Speaker 3: But what are you going to do? That's I also have.
Speaker 7: You've probably had this experience.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: I didn't go on vacations, really didn't. I hadn't realized this until my kids got older. I didn't only go on vacations with the family once I kept turned like fourteen fifteen years old, because I was working. I was working all the time. So the family go on vacation and I work, and then my brother did the same when he turned about fifteen.
Speaker 3: He stayed hob. I think there's a reason for that.
Speaker 4: Teenagers they are not really.
Speaker 7: Thrilled about many things. They're just right, they're not digging that much stuff, and they don't want to be with their parents. And and I was thinking last vacation, but I'm thinking this becaution. You know what next summer, I think, you know, I think I'll go on vacation. You stay home and work might be the answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One of the very few things I've ever said that was worth shotting down was when Judy and I were talking about her relationship with her oldest Kate, and I said, Honey, to leave the nest to take off, you have to push against the nest, and that process begins early. It's, you know, the Berg metaphor kind of fails because they're pushing for a very long time before they flapped their wings and flyway.
Speaker 7: Clearly, and modern society we have probably delayed the them growing.
Speaker 3: Up for better. I was gonna say for better or worse.
Speaker 7: Probably almost certainly for worse. But the uh, like, you know, I was, I was, like I said, I was, I was working and not doing vacation stuff. I was like a I was like a grown man earning money, buying myself stuff at fifteen. And I think, you know, maybe the human body and mind is prepared for that, but we don't do it much. And then the whole yeah, go ahead, no go ahead, I was gonna say. And then the smart fit phone thing, the smartphone thing. Everything has to compete with the smartphone, right uh, and so I have to constantly, hey, put that away, just sitting there playing video games when you got like some of the greatest scenery on the planet, maybe in the entire universe out your window. You don't need to be playing some weird game on your phone. But that's the way, you know, you know how it is. We're drawn to the next dopamine hit. You don't get a dopamine hit. It's enjoyable, but you don't get a dopamine hit from looking at a mountain.
Speaker 4: Not the same kind anyway. So we got like twenty seconds left. Is there another leg.
Speaker 3: To come of the vacation.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, we're driving to Vancouver. Then we're going to go over to Vancouver Island, Victorian. We'll be there for a while. Seattle do home.
Speaker 4: Excellent scenery and junkies best of both roles exactly. Enjoy that and stay in touch. We've got a great guest of the fabulous Jason Rantz coming up from Seattle Red seven to seventy am. Longtime friend of the AG Show and colleague. He's always bringing the fire. Stay with us, don't go away, Armstrong and Getty