Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfields, exploding down the sidelines. This is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff where flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kirk Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 3: Huh day, We are back with another episode of Hanging with the Boys. With the live look at the Tostitos Championship Plaza outside in front of the Fourth Center where it is currently forty four degrees. A little cloudy sky that's spent raining in the last couple of days. The highest today will get up to fifty four degrees. I need a little sun to come back out. We don't have no sun in the forecast. You know, these gloomy days, they be down a little bit. It feels gloomy outside. It feels gloomy in the cow Boys facilities. This is Kurt Daniels. He is Nate Newton. In the back is Chris being keeping us up and live. I am Jesse Holly. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalent Brell people fee.
Speaker 4: I'm through brop as been up through gloomy at all.
Speaker 3: Our segment, our show is always brought to you by Wingstop what flavor gets his?
Speaker 4: You know, wings, I ain't seen it? We wait where yet? Cook? Where you at? Dak?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 4: Fellas?
Speaker 5: How's your mentals?
Speaker 4: Howd you dentals in place? Brood to see you? I mean, we gotta round ourselves up, me and you, Chris, I know, I know, Shannon, we gotta you know, we gotta gather ourselves.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Chris, be what's going on back there? Man? How your mentals and dentals?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 6: We're doing Man, We're just craking out podcasts once a day. It's like a freight train that just goes and goes in there wall.
Speaker 3: That must be cool for you because you don't have as much work throughout the day.
Speaker 6: I went down to the training table yesterday and the ladies like, would you like it to go or you're gonna need to hear, And for the first time in about a year, I said, all you need to hear.
Speaker 4: What you said?
Speaker 3: You went down to the to the training to the training room. I thought you was the training tables, though I know I thought you were saying, you go down to get in the workouts that you have some time.
Speaker 6: See if someone was on time today, they probably could have got breakfast.
Speaker 5: No, I would have got break I'm still fasted.
Speaker 3: I'm still a couple of shakes down there for they probably do all right. Man, a lot to get into. We got some family affair situation. Where do the Cowboys go next? What the future looks like for the Dallas Cowboys?
Speaker 4: How can this.
Speaker 3: Team improve in twenty twenty four flash five? But I don't think we talked about this ship. I think while we were away, the Cowboys came to a decision and they said, old.
Speaker 5: Freaking Mike's coming back back.
Speaker 3: Said Micha McCarthy, you're gonna come back for the final year of your contract. We go, as the young people say, we're gonna run this thing back. We're gonna spend the block and run this thing back one more time.
Speaker 5: So here's what I want to know. Both of you. Give me a pro and a con of bringing.
Speaker 3: Mike McCarthy back as your head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. A pro and a con. I'm gonna start with Kurt first. I'm gonna give you a minute to think I'm gonna give you a second to think.
Speaker 7: I got to pros a pro and the con well, you keep that continuity, continuous whatever.
Speaker 6: Sorry, he is a writer, by the way.
Speaker 5: I'm not a speaker, though, write it out.
Speaker 4: I'm okay.
Speaker 8: But they keep you know, they're building the Texas Coast offense and they kind of keep that offensive side of the ball. They kind of can keep that train moving, you know. So hopefully that's a good thing, especially with with Dak obviously still in the picture.
Speaker 3: That if you don't feel like there's a con and you don't have to say a comedy.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, I mean the con is well, it's just you know, you're he's selling the fan base on a one year you know, he's got one year left, and you know you've got to think that, you know, looking at it right now, the odds of him returning is, you know, it's probably on the low lower side right now, just won't face what's what's ahead. So you know it's better to boy, rip off the band aid and start new now or do you give it another year and hope for the best.
Speaker 4: So I'm with you, may another year for him and Dak to build. So when they get to the playoffs, they can have a better situation, you know, so he'll you know, we won't have to worry about a slow start next year because Dak will understand this offense. Things will roll and things will click, you know, so as long as we do some minor adjustments. But you'll probably get to that. And my con is this right here, will the players truly respond? This is? This is what bothers me is. We did a pregame show and we had Stephen Jones and I think we spoke on this. We had him here and we were sitting right next to him and he said, the players said, we love Mike in the way he prepares us. This is the CEO. You heard the coach saying, Hey, this is not about me, this is about the players. The players are relatively silent the whole week. We're getting prepared for green Bay, no mistake about it. We're getting prepared for green Bay. So with all of that, are they and listening to Mic? That is my coun And maybe it's a pro, maybe it's gun. Are they really gonna understand? You don't? It don't matter next year? And Jesse, I'll be rap me on me. You'll be on the same train. You'll be at the head of the train and I'll be in the komboost pushing it. We don't want to hear your regular season. We don't care if you ten and seven, make the playoffs and do something. You know, that's my that's my space.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 3: I think we're all kind of in the same circle when it comes to the pros. I guess just having that same voice, right, because if you decided that you were going to move away from Mike McCarthy, that that in essence will be Dak talking about now playing for his fourth offensive coordinator, right, because he had Jason Garrett first, then it was Kelling Moore, then it was now Mike McCarthy, And if you moved away from him, you were essentially going to bring someone else in here that would have been the fourth voice, and whoever three years, certain three years and whoever else they would bring in as far as the quarterback coach. So there's a there's a number of things when it comes to the coaching aspect, the teaching aspect of it, and just trying to have the same message, right, like like your message is the same And I know people are going to say that because Mike. One of his messages was that we have a championship program, we just haven't supplied the championships yet. People didn't like that, But I do think there is something to be said about having that same consistency and continuity throughout, especially at the quarterback position. And I know sometimes we only think quarterback, but hell, if your quarterback ain't right, you can flush the rest of everything else that's on there.
Speaker 5: I think the con is for me is when you have a.
Speaker 3: Guy on a one year deal, like do you get everything from everybody? Because if I'm an assistant coach and I know that this coach has a one year deal and things don't start off you know what I mean, Like, we don't start off red hot.
Speaker 5: Now where's my attention? Am I am? I looking over here and saying, but what other jobs may be available?
Speaker 3: It's on college I like, I'm mighty jump into like what like what is this thing going to look like going forward? And even in this off season, right you may have some assistance that are looking around and saying where is the longevity?
Speaker 5: Because that's the that's the issue with.
Speaker 3: Being an assistant You're always tied and your job security is always tied to the head coach right, or to that defensive coordingt office courting, whoever brought you in.
Speaker 5: So when they go most of the time, you go.
Speaker 3: So in the off season and as we're preparing for all of this is where are the focus of the people?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Where is everyone's focus at?
Speaker 3: And I think that can be a con because now guys are starting to looking around, especially those guys who potentially are going to sign long term deals this offseason or draft picks. I start looking at now with saying, you know what, coach, you only got a one year deal. Basically you're sitting on one year deal. So what you're saying, and I just signed a new five year deal or I signed this deal, I signed that deal.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be here. Do I have to listen to you?
Speaker 8: I wondered about that if as players, you know, they talk about lame duck coach or now extension is that a thing?
Speaker 4: It is? But not every coach, these guys when you this is what I feel you you cannot, as the Joneses, get rid of Mike McCarthy and you can hire the next guy or whatever, but he is not gonna be sitting in his office feeling real comfortable even if you signed him to a four year deal, unless you have assured him that I can start bringing in my guys. So I feel like it's right here. These guys over here, these coaches, they like they tied to this guy, and they gonna they're gonna be given all they got. The thing is, will the players eighty eight digs Michael like, man, come on, man, yeah, yeah, what you're gonna do? Right? You know you got one year, bro, what you gonna do? Like Jimmy told up one time, like I made shine and sign my contract to y'all if y'all sign y'all. So I'm gonna be away after a whole lot of y'all. You know. So I'm with you. But I don't think them coaches over I think them coaches gonna be on the grind because yeah, oh yeah, I think these coaches over there gonna be on the grind. I really do, because I would not want to walk into a situation as a head coach because the next head coach you pull into this place, you you can't guarantee all them wins. That ain't gonna work no more. MacArthur and did three twelve and fives. You're gonna have to offer these fans and mister Jones them the great market that they are, knowing that we can't sell. We guarantee you twelve and five in the first round exit. You know, we get that anyway. That's what the fans are believe or not. We can get that anyway. They want two things. The fans that I've been listening to, and I know you've been listening to, and you've probably been writing about, we don't want to hear no more. Get rid of the head coach. They mad because the coach then kept me calling mister Jones. You kept McCarthy. They mad about that, and they mad that you kept that. You strapped with both of them, whether you want them or not.
Speaker 8: You were like with wayde Phillips in twenty ten. You went through that and you went through it probably with Barry Switzerland. I mean, so you both experienced I guess teams just players. It's just like, no, we had it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think. I think when you're winning, everything is easy to deal with.
Speaker 3: It's in that moment of adversity, right, It's in that And when you look at kind of foreshadowing the schedule next year, the Cowboys will have a pretty difficult schedule this year, Like, ain't.
Speaker 4: No pretty difficult difficult.
Speaker 3: It's a difficult schedule next year, right, and if trend continues, playing against the tougher opponents, the Cowboys didn't farewell.
Speaker 5: Whether that be home allway.
Speaker 3: So when you look at that, you think, boy, if that if that boat gets a little bit rocky. I ain't talking about the two hundred and fifty feet fifty feet, I ain't talking about that boat, you know, the yard yacht. I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about the thing and getting a little rocky in the building.
Speaker 3: Do players start now, because that's what happened with Wade when things got a little bit shaky. God start picking sides. God start picking self God start being selfish.
Speaker 4: The elevator kind of was burning up and down going to see mister Jones. Yeah, oh I saw a joke. I saw it, bro, that's not a joke.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a joke.
Speaker 4: That Tuesday, I should be sitting looking certain player going up and down. He's like, wow, yeah, yeah, why is he got you know he got he got a personal fitness plays right over here. Why he ain't going to fit?
Speaker 5: It's it can be that way. All right, Let's take our first break of the show.
Speaker 3: When we come back, a little bit of family drama, A little bit of family drama happening in the Cowboys locker room. We'll discuss it, and we'll we'll talk about will this have a lasting, longing effect on the upcoming season for your Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Stay right here with it. This is hanging with the boys.
Speaker 9: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties, Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 10: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es.
Speaker 11: And o's with me Everson Wallas.
Speaker 10: With Star Sports Tools, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 12: Seet Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a dog really care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a Here of a Week fan or haven't been here in years fan, See Geek has you covered. Download the seat Geek. After the seat Geek, You're a and the great Dallas Cowboys Seeds.
Speaker 13: How's wingstop sound christy juicy classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch and of course spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavor delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 2: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 3: On this Wednesday hump Day edition, we continue to break down all things Cowboy related. And when I mean related, I do mean related. As we said before we went into the break, the Cowboys have a little bit.
Speaker 5: Of family drama going on.
Speaker 3: As the World turned you talk about a soap opera, you talk about all my children, General Hospital or some of the old school right, like all the old school stories as.
Speaker 4: My grandmother's the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as the World turns that my grandmother and my moms used.
Speaker 4: To watch.
Speaker 5: Sidebar. I was named after one of the stars. His name was Jesse. I think it was General Hospital.
Speaker 4: All my children, his.
Speaker 5: Name was Jesse.
Speaker 3: He was a tall, dark and handsome brother, and my mom loves to show and loved.
Speaker 5: Him and named me Jesse after him.
Speaker 3: But as the drama continues, I was named after a drama figure, and I'm hosting and around drama figures in the Cowboys locker room. In this past weekend, a little bit of family drama. We had three of the Cowboys' best players, relatives, a mom and two brothers, makes some pretty striking and interesting comments towards other players and other organizations.
Speaker 5: City Lambs. His mother had a litany of Facebook post from Facebook I don't even know people still.
Speaker 14: Looked at it, uh and went on and I'm paraphrasing here, so please don't don't don't chop me down, but basically said that Ceedee Lamb's quarterback sucks and you know, basically, hey.
Speaker 3: There's people out there, uh huh, go to Houston. There are guys out there who want to win, want to win. We're gonna win a ring and if you ain't really about that, then you should go. And so the brother of the quarterback he responded, and it will say like basically, you know, everyone's texting me, tweeting me, emailing me, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: And he's saying, if.
Speaker 3: It was up to me, if it was my choice, my brother would be gone. He would be out of here. Y'all don't deserve him. He's better than this d D DA DA, but it's not my decision. He loves the Dallas Cowboys and he'll be here. And then to top it all off, your best defensive player. Michael Parsons also has a brother, and his brother went on a social media rant and he was talking about, Yeah, man, cowboys are kind of trying to sabotage my brother, playing him out a position, trying not to pay him the things that he needs to be.
Speaker 5: You know, plass.
Speaker 3: He needs to be playing to get the money that he deserves. And you know y'all will miss him when he's gone. I'll start with you, Nate, because not only have you played in this league and been around this league for a long time, you too had a brother that played in this league, but also had family members that was watching this thing. Now, you didn't grow up in the social media era. You didn't grow up in the social media era. But but what do you? What do you say when you hear things like that?
Speaker 4: You know what? And I'm being brutally honest. I can be because with.
Speaker 3: Respect, because were always gonna respect people's relatives, especially.
Speaker 4: The momk Yes, brother, I love my mom and she could tell me to knock down brick wall and I can do it. But mammy, you messing with you, You stepping on the you know, you stepping where you don't belong. And man, Cede Lamb. He know me. I call CD sometimes I got a little contact and see CD. Please, you know, try to try to calm mom. Try to calm mom, because don't need it. Michael Parsons and them brothers out there, Dak, we don't need it. Man. This is a very delicate twelve and five team. It's delicate right now. All of you will receive your money. I promise you. They have no other choice but to pay you, all of you. So tell your family members our acts.
Speaker 7: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: The reason the reason I'm doing that because we have to do that for Kirk, because you know, you may want to get an interview sometimes, me and you, we're gonna go talk to him regardless. You know what I'm saying. I know what I said, and I'm writing what I'm saying. Uh, calm down. We're all a little tender right now. Just calm down, because you're not only gonna kind of shake your teammates up, you open your family up, to the to the fans. You know, not not only on this phone, but y'all show up at games. Even though you're in your special place. Fans can get ugly too, So that that's why I'm saying, protect your, protect you and yours. But now if you don't care, that's yeah, we'll we'll. You know, that's what generates our show, just stype content.
Speaker 8: I guess the underlying question, the assumption that everybody has is there's something deeper going on here that this is they're hearing this at the dinner table and there is a rift in the locker room. Is that true or just sometimes family just gets off on their own tangent.
Speaker 3: Whether it's true or not. Because of the close proximity, you might tend to believe it, right, because because we're not talking about third cousin distant removal on my mama father's side, right, We're talking about mama mother, right, We're talking about we know the relationship between Dak and his brother, right, like we know the closeness in which that is.
Speaker 5: And then the same thing with Micah.
Speaker 3: And then Micah, you know, to his credit, and I should say, to his agency's credit, Micah came and had a he put out a post and basically the posts again I'm paraphrase it.
Speaker 5: Basically, the post said, Terrence is terrence. I'm Micah.
Speaker 3: What he says does not it is not what I say you know, his thoughts and views are his own and mine on my own. Don't make us the same, which is hard, Which is very hard because I said this on my podcast. I said, three players that are in line to get major contracts if I if I was Stephen or mister Jones, when when the negotiation starts or when negotiation is ended and we have I should say when it starts. We have to have this conversation now because I have to say to you CD, I have to say to you Dak. I have to say to you Micah. I know you didn't say it, but Michah, do you feel like that? No, I need to hear from you now.
Speaker 5: So now, now.
Speaker 3: Micah now has to go in there and ask questions or be or answer questions from ownership and saying how close do you feel to what your brother said?
Speaker 8: How about other teammates?
Speaker 5: No, what I'm saying, I can guarantee you.
Speaker 3: There are private group chats and other singular text messages heading out to other players like yo, you've seen what so and so said? You see what so and so said? And again what ends up happening is losers forms and forming groups and so when you're not winning everybody then goes and forms in their own groups, and then it will come a point in time where this is just my belief. And we spoke about it on this show way back when I was probably one of the first people to say something not right with CD.
Speaker 11: Y'all.
Speaker 3: Remember I kept saying, I'm like, eh, body language is off to me. And then you heard the back and forth comments subiminately through the media, and then after a couple of weeks it was like, oh yeah, we finally talked he and Dak and we worked it out, and then they went on a tear But then after the last game, the Green Bay game, kind of saw that body language come and show his ugly head again. So, now, how is that conversation between quarterback and star receiver. At some point in time, they're going to have to get together for or a throwing session, right, So I said this, I said, as far as family members, we shouldn't we shouldn't know your name in this capacity.
Speaker 5: That's for sure, right, not with this kind of.
Speaker 3: We should know you like we we shouldn't know your name in this capacity. We should know you. Oh that CD mom, Oh yeah, that's that's that brother. That's that's so and so, but your name you should not be on our show. You should not be in the mouths of people in the media. And unless we're doing a special story about you, or you know, you did something that was so remarkable, we should not be talking about you. Your name should not be in the mouths of people in the media today.
Speaker 5: But yet here it is.
Speaker 3: And this is this also goes to and this I'm not saying this is unique to any organization, but this now goes back to that point where when it comes to the Cowboys, it's always something, it's always something. It's never just about football. It's never just about football. And I said that there was a there was a historic interview I think in the nineties. It was Minister Lewis Farrakhan and report of Mike Wallace, and I said, the best thing, because I'm trying to be respectful, the best thing that I take from that from that particular quote in that interview, and Jay Z use it in one of his songs, is where Minister Lewis Farrakhan told Mike Wallace.
Speaker 5: I think you should keep quiet. That's how I feel about the family members.
Speaker 3: He said, I think you should keep quiet, And that's how I feel I feel family members, brothers, mothers, wives, siblings. I think you especially on matters of organizational and team member. You could be a fan and say, oh, what a horrible call, Oh that was a bad play all we have to do.
Speaker 5: I'm fine with that. But when you start.
Speaker 3: Singling out the people who sign the checks and the teammates that these players have to deal with on a regular basis.
Speaker 5: I think you should keep one man. That's where it can get. That's what we're gonna make it worse. It's only gonna make it worse. Chris, do we have time for another segment? Or we end in here?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 4: You can go, we can go.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a quick break and let's come back and then we'll we'll we'll end this thing and we'll talk about a little bit well of where we think the Cowboys should go in the future.
Speaker 5: Oh, hanging with the boys. We'll be right back.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 4: He'll look for a prest down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust with Blockchain dot Com. I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 9: Prescott, he's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 13: How's Wingstop sound crispy juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 12: Seef Gig has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here, be a week fan, or haven't been here in years fan, see geek as you covered download U see geek after they see geek, You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys Seeds.
Speaker 15: James right here, you're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. You know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fans to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 4: Enter today, back day Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 3: As we get into our third and final segment of the day, thank you guys so much.
Speaker 5: For join us.
Speaker 3: We always appreciate you being here on this kind of dreary hump day. I hope that we bring a little bit of joy and excitement.
Speaker 4: Probably bring in family matters.
Speaker 3: I think, you know what, I think I think our listeners relate to that. Maybe not on a magnitude where your family's tweets and Facebook posts get put on national media. But we got some family members that we we we we we are well versed shown. We got people from all over, from the real Grand Valley to the West coast, to Iowa to Idahoa, New to Kuwait. Yeah, I mean we got we got, we got our boy in France.
Speaker 5: Family drama happens everywhere.
Speaker 3: There's somebody somewhere who's like, Mama, why you go and tell Auntie so and so and so and so.
Speaker 5: I told you don't tell nobody or that somebody.
Speaker 3: Said, dad, man, why you gonna tell Grandpa that?
Speaker 5: So it's family drama all the way around. This is a part of the thing.
Speaker 3: But you know, we just can't have it and the Cowboys spectrum.
Speaker 5: All right, So now that we are.
Speaker 3: Well until the off feasing for the Cowboys, thought we were we thought that this would be the week we should be previewing the.
Speaker 5: Game right now. We should be.
Speaker 4: Podcast preview some game this weekend. They won't.
Speaker 5: They just won't.
Speaker 3: But today we're bringing down somebody's offense and somebody.
Speaker 4: But going forward, we would be going to the Boom Bock Boys. If we did our job, we'll be rocking against them Boom bock Boys. This week lost, but hey here, no one if we'd have got that fun.
Speaker 3: You know, one of the things I'm always fortunate and grateful for is the people that we have on this.
Speaker 5: Show, and and and Nate.
Speaker 3: This next topic kind of really lends to your expertise because you lived it, you are you were an integral part of it. And I think one of the biggest things that the fan band fan base gets so upset about today is it's always referenced back right, Jerry Jimmy Johnson got elected to the to the Cowboy Ring of Honor this year, and we can we can't ever stop talking about but the nineties, but the nineties, but the nineties, And you know, even Dak Prescott in a losing press conference he talked about, you know, championship is the standard, and I don't like it was the standard. You know, you ain't cut from that cloth. You guys aren't cut from that championship cloth. Mike McCarthy and his and his uh, press are talked about we have championship, we have a championship organization, championship program, but we just haven't brought the championships yet. So there's this there's this constant trying to to to to scale this ladder of championship legacy and prestige. Are the Cowboys because you're the championship prestige that they're trying to chase. You're the ghost that has consistently haunted the Cowboys for thirty years, like you're the.
Speaker 4: Boogeyman, like they like them cowboys before us, Drewdien hunted us. Yeah, my first three or four years, they haunted us bad. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Will the Cowboys ever? That's a story topic right there right there. That's just to write that.
Speaker 4: Down call the Lomas Brown. But let me say this right quick. We go ahead on finishing, but write that down the stories.
Speaker 3: For you right there, the chasing of the ghost, the Boogeyman, your team, I'm gonna tell you, your team are the boogeymen, like you're the ghost that they keep chasing. Are the Cowboys ever going to be able to live up to that level of greatness?
Speaker 5: And should they even try.
Speaker 4: To the thing that I press people is I listened to Lomus Brown of the Detroit Lions, the radio voice of the Detroit Lions, and the stories he told for the last thirty years that was the last time they was in the NFC Championship game, and the stories he was telling, and I'm like, I think I would like these stories here or what we talking about? Can they live up because it's still fresh enough. It hurts these players and it hurts our fans. But listen to lomers Brown on the other side of that. I listened to him on the NFL radio and it was so bad almost turned it off, you know, because they had nothing to even live up to for thirty years. Now we're in that thirty year cycle too. But these cowboys don't even know Michael Parsons. When I walked to Michael Parson, Hey, how you doing, they knew, oh yeah, And I'm like, yeah, you know, I played Da da da. These kids don't know our fans know our fans lived. These kids don't even care. They want to get something on their on now. The reason this thing is even like that is because no coaches came in and wanted to start over. They continue the mantra Hey the Cowboys, the the the the the history, the patritry. Me, Jesse, I want to start over. I really do. Because until you start over and earn the right, you get what you get, you're gonna get beat over the head. You're gonna get compared to guys that you came hold of, and I will take it how you want. You came hold of candle too. Some of these guys over there can't hold a candle talk that talk to what we accomplished in the nineties. What good is a twelve and five season and you didn't can even get the NFC Championship game. It don't add up, it don't it don't Who cares? The bottom line is this right here? Start over? Uh, Jason Arrett. You have some good intentions when you say every year I try to start to teach you guys how to tie their shoes and then little Jo on my pant Yeah, all that John Wood and stuff. The bottom line is you got your players thinking of something They ain't you know what was what seize everything? What was the carpe omnia? And I ain't trying to be funny, but what were you trying to seize? I never said anything because I was not gonna take away from the momentum that this team was trying to build. But I will ask you now that the season is over, what was the Cowboys trying to seize the ghost? Yes, the ghost, that's that's it.
Speaker 8: From a fan perspective, Kurt like, Yeah, I mean I wonder if there is it even possible to start with. I mean, we hear this all the time about this. We're a different team. We weren't around then. Those ghosts don't lay on you know, they don't hold us because we're all new. We're doing our own thing. But I mean, every you walk down these halls, every day, you're reminded, you walk turn on the radio, you're reminded. Everything run into your minded. I don't see how they can avoid it. I mean that, I'm sure some guys handled it better than others.
Speaker 4: Well, we walked through that same gallery just about when we was we saw you know. Yeah, the thing is, how about a matra of less less builds day by day. Let's find some perfect Greek word that means that, you know, by the end of the year, this is where we want to be. You first of all, you got to get the right players. You got to have enough dog that don't care where they play at, what's the situation, what's the weather, and you gotta go play. Every game can't depend on every big game, can't depend on the coach, even though he's a great part of it. Every big game can't be about the coach.
Speaker 3: And your best players can't show empty in those in those big games.
Speaker 5: That's the other side of it.
Speaker 4: Though, and that's why the goals is gonna stay there. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Are the players feeling the pressure or are they feeling the entitlement where they.
Speaker 4: They they're entitled that part of it, and Jesse you may think different today. This is this is this is what even a free agent, that last free agent signed, the last free agent rookie that signed to a contract for the Cowboys after the draft, as soon as you see him, his chest's gonna be this big mm hmm. That that just comes with the star. That comes with the star. But now how you earn that and continue to earn that is a different thing. The first thing y'all heard me say when we started talking about dron Bland, I said, y'all, wow, I hope we don't get to him, meaning us the media, those ghosts. I hope he continue to work on his technique. I hope he become a better jam player. I hope you become a better technician and he can make plays and he can do that. But get day in day out that every day. That's gonna get you past when a player is greater than you your technique, knowing way to help it. Well, time went on when we see yeah.
Speaker 5: It goes to get you, bro, I think there is a level of entitlement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it comes, man, I do.
Speaker 5: I do think it's almost it is. It is the aura. It is the.
Speaker 3: It is the bubble that Jerry Jones built, right like he has built this bubble and when you step into it because of the America's team. And I've said it on this show and I there's nobody who is more honest about what they were as an NFL football player than me.
Speaker 5: And I've said it on a countless number of times.
Speaker 3: Who the hell was I to go off and make forty forty five fifty thousand dollars in the off season because everybody wanted to be a part of something.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: Still to this day, there are some times what I lead in with if I need to get something across somebody deaf phone call returned. I lead in with Hey, how you doing this is? This is Jesse Holly, former Dallas Capital Wide receiver. Focus returned gets returned, Text gets return email gets returned.
Speaker 4: Even if nothing come of it, it gets return It gets returned.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, I get endoors because of that. And so there has been this aura that has been developed and grown off of the backs and the shoulders of.
Speaker 5: And then Yes, but I think the distinct.
Speaker 3: Difference is and and Nate, you were I'm gonna give you your pack on the back for this because you have been on this for the longest. You said it on our show, you said it on my podcast. The mental toughness of the players of those times were far greater than it is of the players of these times. Because we've heard all about the Michael Irvin escapades. Yes, but we've also heard about Mike was the first one in the building. We also heard that Mike was the last one to leave. So when your best players are giving and putting in their absolute best effort, and that is the standard, right when you talked about every single day I went up against Charss Haley, Leon led I had Dion on the other side going against Michael Irvin, and there was never a letup.
Speaker 5: There was never take it easy, prom take it easy. Eight eight them tired today, you know what I mean? There was never.
Speaker 3: There was never when you had when you had Ken Norton or Kenny Kenny Ganton and EMT Smith.
Speaker 5: No, we listen as we go line. Now we ain't taking it easy.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try to knock your head off because you'renna try to knock my head off. But it's that iron that sharpens iron. And I do think on this, you know, when you look at when you look at Michael Parsons and and I think he's a young talented player, I do think he's still mature. I do think there's a level of selfishness to him. But he's your og, like he's the og of this defense. He's one of the ogs of this football team. I'm almost willing to bet any amount of money. He's not the guy staying after on the we're out here and practice over. I never see him out here after practice. I never see him out there after practice working with Tyron Smith or working with you know, the linebackers of the guys up front get I never see it.
Speaker 5: Never.
Speaker 3: I highly doubt that they're staying after practice and getting in more film reps. That's what the good teams do. The good teams and the good players do that. That's what those guys did. And so as long as you, as long as you don't have football players, your best football players not giving up and sacrificing even more for the team, not for self, for the team, you will consistently be haunted by the ghost of ninety Super Bowl winning past.
Speaker 4: The thing that we have to, the thing that I keep telling myselves, like you know, great segment when you was talking about the moms.
Speaker 11: And.
Speaker 4: Because certain things I can't grasp. I cannot grasps my mother doing that. I cannot grasp my brother doing that. You know I.
Speaker 5: I me neither.
Speaker 4: It's like, what are you? What are you saying? What are you? What are you doing? This is my livelihood. These are my brothers over here. What are you? What are you doing? Mom?
Speaker 3: My brother today? You know I haven't played in ten years. My brother today still wouldn't do that. Neither one of my brothers. Like my brother still only puts out positive tweets about the Cowboys, and I'm not even sure if he's all in as a.
Speaker 4: Cowboy fan, right, like yeah, But the.
Speaker 3: Fact that the matter is, He's like, well, my brother still works for the My brother still the part of that organization.
Speaker 5: The thing that I'm not I'm not gonna mess out up for him.
Speaker 4: The thing that gets you is, uh, when has the Cowboys? What? Okay, this is what I'm trying to say, CD gonna get paid, correct, Michael barn injury gonna get paid? What is driving you to say these ignorant things? What is driving you? Okay? You say you want to win a super Bowl? It's thirty two teams out there with thirty two different thousands moms. They all want to win super Bowls. Uh. We shouldn't be attacking our teammates. What we should be doing is is going to our sons, our brothers, our cousins and saying, hey, man, what you're doing to make sure you know and come from that. I ain't gonna say yeah when my son is doing this, I don't know what the rest of them doing, but this is what you know. It's called Bill Belichick because you did that to be that would have been real nice and you wouldn't have heard about it. You wouldn't heard about what he what he did. It's just let me tell y'all something. Don't make it a out that because I know one man and his family loved some dak don't make it about that. That's that. Y'all may not agree with me, but I got fifty nine million reasons why we don't make it by that. That's that's all.
Speaker 5: I'm the same, all right, man, that's it for us today.
Speaker 4: You don't want you want to.
Speaker 3: Talk about the let's get let's give your playoff predictions for this weekend.
Speaker 4: Uh uh no, I never gonna get the Cowboys. I'm NFC all the way, an NFC, a nfcn' I don't care who went in the NFC because I hate all of them. Yeah, I mean to me.
Speaker 5: It's gonna become I said, Niners, Ravens, But but but but what. Never underestimate the heart of a champion.
Speaker 3: As bad as the roster has been this year for the Kansas City Chiefs, they found themselves in the championship game.
Speaker 5: And as long as you got fifteen under center, he gives you a chance.
Speaker 4: He never know as that dog dot lamar, well, I'm rooting for him. But boy, you can't test my homes man. He come down a quarterback or quarterback, you.
Speaker 5: Lose you if you're match to UMIs Patrick Mahoe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm still going to say because I want I want this a lot for for for Lamar, I wanted to get the Super Bowl. So I'm still going to say Baltimore Niners and we'll get a rematch of that slug fest.
Speaker 4: They won't stag.
Speaker 5: It was a muggy. Yeah, it was a muggy.
Speaker 8: If the forty nine ers play like they did last week and Debo is not in there, Lions could give him a game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think, I think.
Speaker 3: I think Kyle is preparing both game plans because they went to that game with a game plan for Debo and then he goes out kind of throws your game plan off a little bit. He's a force multiplier like he changes things. So I think there will be two game plans.
Speaker 4: They pass and they've been giving up a lot on the passing there and the defense, and I mean the Detroit Lions get this, ain't one team you want to get that up on. Shanahan can make it happen. You know, I got I got respectful bullies and you got two bullies. We're gonna find out who's the biggest bullet. But coach I don't think Coach Campbell can wait and see what's gonna happen with that running game. He's gonna have to try to force it on them, you know. They when you can line up, man, when you can line up as a man and say you ain't running that ball, you allowed of them say you boy, I got setting the one over here.
Speaker 5: We running this ball.
Speaker 4: You know what, when you can hang your hat on something, come on, man, what can the cowboys hang that? That's our show.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you, man, We missed you.
Speaker 5: Brother, he'll be about I think he was hungover from Mexico.
Speaker 4: Say he tried to tell you know, I called him to man, my job kept change and I'm like, no, you kept hanging over. He still yeah, Chris.
Speaker 3: Will appreciate you with just in your life plans and putting at least you have breakfast.
Speaker 5: You said out have breakfast.
Speaker 4: This man I had, boy had well, I will get.
Speaker 5: My juice in a minute. Thank you all for listen.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you so much, and we'll be back next week ten o'clock and nothing changes. Ten o'clock on hump Day we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, he the man, I'm going to break that news.
Speaker 5: Well it's not breaking. They said, there's striking.
Speaker 4: Distance, the man striking. This is two weeks.
Speaker 5: This is going to the to the Chargers.
Speaker 4: So where's Dad? Where's Dan? Queen? On that show? Vack you with the Cowboy, glad to have you. Come on back on Dan, come on back. Chris, get us a linebacker.
Speaker 3: Tho we need to line see Holley man, this is hanging with the boys.
Speaker 5: See you guys next week.
Speaker 4: We are come on.
Speaker 1: Has been a production of Dallas Cowboy dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football clubby