Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend edition of Daily Guys. It's Monday, Monday morning, you know, Monday, late morning, early afternoon.
Speaker 2: Listening to it, I should have pointed this out, but the on I think Friday, it was the twentieth anniversary of the Dean Scream, which is the thing I do at the top of every show.
Speaker 3: What I go, it's I'm doing the Dean.
Speaker 2: Most people, I think have put that together by now, but that was twenty fucking years ago. The thing that ruined a fucking campaign where a guy was like, yeah, man, universal here like.
Speaker 1: Let's do some orange people against progressive politics for a generation.
Speaker 3: Uh, we will fucking destroy it. Did you hear that fucking asshole? You hear what he sounds like? He said, we're going.
Speaker 1: It was like a bad take of a w W E wrestler one memory.
Speaker 3: He was like, sorry, I got I got choked up there for a single. It was actually, could I take that out again? I need to let me get down in here, my register, dude, I just have just one time for posterity. Not only are we going to.
Speaker 2: New Hampshire, imking, We're going to South Carolina and Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: Arizona and North Dakota. Come on, baby, we're going to California, in Texas and New York.
Speaker 4: We're going to South Dakota and.
Speaker 2: Oregon and Washington, Michigan, and then we're going to Washington, DC to take back the White House. Our ip to that r ip to that guy that was just after placing third in Iowa.
Speaker 1: Sh third in Iowa. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So he was like a front runner in the polling heading into the primary season, had a bad Iowa. Many campaigns have recovered from that. His did not, not thanks to the Dean's.
Speaker 3: Cream scream anyway.
Speaker 1: That's I mean, it is like we we've covered before, how you know the media really First of all, you have to like isolate the audio, so like wait, when you hear it with the crowd, like in the room, nobody thought anything was weird. If you just have the you know, both sounds playing, it doesn't really sound that weird. But when you have because people are screaming like he is. But when you just isolate only his audio and like dead to the background noise, it sounds unhinged.
Speaker 5: Especially kids, Hey, I get it, and they're like, yeah, this guy's get him, get him out.
Speaker 1: Of here. It is the weekend of Get Him out of Here. Yeah, we will be talking about meatball, ron rob whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. But before we get to the events of the weekend.
Speaker 1: This is the this is the Trending Monday Morning Trending episode where we tell you what was trending over the weekend, But first we tell.
Speaker 3: You what's trending with us, what's going in our lives.
Speaker 1: By doing an overrated underrated, I can kick us off with my over rated the delete and report spam function on I message on my phone, I clicked on a single Nikki Haley text. I don't know how she got my number, and that's what I was going to ask her. That's why I clicked on it. Now, I clicked up because, like, I don't know, it was like a well crafted cliffhanger of a like here's how we're gonna beat Trump. And I was like, I'm a little curious, like what her campaign is messaging to her supporters at this moment.
Speaker 3: And I had faith.
Speaker 1: It turns out misplaced in the delete and report spam function on my you know, end messages because I clicked on that one message and learned nothing. Of course, you know, Steward's curiosity is also over it. And now Nikki Haley is just in my life. She's like a person who texts me on a regular basis, like even though every single time I delete and report spam. It's yeah, we have a relationship, a partnership. She baicually told me that she thinks I would be a good member of her campaign.
Speaker 3: I think John, hold on, my friends, John, you're doing so good, buddy. Yeah, I think you'd be great fit for our team. John.
Speaker 1: Can you take a look now with the link off to Nikki twenty four which.
Speaker 3: Is exciting and flattering.
Speaker 1: Believe me, I I checked on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you guys are you guys are so close that you're on a first name basis of a name you don't use.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyways, uh yeah, I don't know. Maybe they've like bought their way out of that function applying to them or something, but it is not working.
Speaker 2: I suspect it's just that number and then they that number just gets burned and then they still have your number, and then they just they just hit you with a text from a new number. Because every day, dude, like I've said before, my mom has given the Democrats my number as hers, so I get all of her fucking fundraising texts and they get it. They're so desperate. Like it's to the point where I'm like, oh shit, Trump's gonna win. If the tone of these texts are like fucking please, yeah, everybody, no one wants to stop Trump. We will match your donation four hundred percent if you send something in the next twenty minutes. It doesn't build great confidence within me. So I'm like, they're freaking me out a little bit. So yeah, please, let's let's at least have a more positive notec Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's your what's You're overrated? Uh?
Speaker 2: I think just if this isn't new or whatever or novel, but just going out is becoming overrated in my mind. Aside from being really into dreams again and having them, uh and also buying a long cross body strap for my cell phone.
Speaker 3: Being Japan has changed me in other ways too. Just just you know what a long cross body strap. This strap right here, bro oh school like this goes around your head, goes around my name. I could be in the kitchen doing work. Oh, I got to check my phone really quick. Oh boom, wear phone like a bandolier.
Speaker 2: You got a baby on you. But you don't want to put it that shit in your pockets. You can just have that shit dangling. I also leave my phone on the table a lot in places and then forget about it. But it's got this big ass rope on it. Now there's no way I can miss it anyway. The other bullets are called the go crossbody Bandolier. Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, yeah yeah, like in like a like platoon style or like like Poncho villa, kind of like Mexican revolution sort of vima.
Speaker 3: I guess that's what they call it.
Speaker 1: That I typed in Bandelier to make sure I had the word right, And it's that Bandolier phone case was the first thing that popped up.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, where you can put a bunch of little phones in it too, one phone and then a bunch of little bunge of it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a bunch of Nokia thirty three nineties, a bunch of air pods.
Speaker 3: It's so many, dude, I lose him so much.
Speaker 2: I'm like dude in BTS who lost like forty pairs already. But anyway, the thing that I also is like it's just changed the way I look at going out like I love to eat, especially things that I don't normally cook for myself or cannot cook for myself, or or incapable of cooking myself. But again, that shit isn't getting It's like so comparatively, like when I went to Japan, I was eating my like stomach till it rips, open amounts of sushi and having a few beers and I was still walking out there paying for her majesty and I for around fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like seven gluttony on that ass.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought the people who are running the sushi place were part of a Wu Tang Interlude treat the way they just kept feeding you and feeding you and feeding you, okay, And so half the time I would look at things and I'm like, god, damn it, like I FuG to fucking subway, Like that's half of what this shit costs if I got a foot long and I added.
Speaker 3: Bacon, you know.
Speaker 2: And so that's definitely like radicalized me a bit. And also like just seeing like pretty much everywhere except the United States, being able to eat and drink socially outside of the home is seen as something that isn't cost prohibitive to do every now and then, So here.
Speaker 3: Is is it completely?
Speaker 2: There's like such a barrier to entry with in terms of cost, Like so now I've been cooking more and more at home, and I've been embracing like that part of it to a just be like this is actually typically less cost less of a cost for me. But also trying to bring back this thing that I used to do with my friends called supper club, where it was like me and a group of my friends, like six of us. We decided on a cuisine or theme every month and we all would contribute a dish to basically make like a five course meal pot.
Speaker 3: Luck kind of thing. But it wasn't like bring a cast role.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, this week we're doing fucking Italian, or this week we're doing Americana, or this week we're doing Fusion or something.
Speaker 3: And then it was an easy way to like.
Speaker 2: Socialize and share like the shit that you've made and like just begin talking without going to a restaurant. Because have you seen the prices out there, especially play these priceless folks everything twenty bucks?
Speaker 3: It's really bad. Yeah, so what why if this is just an.
Speaker 1: Unavoidable fact of the market. Why isn't there massive inflation in Japan? I don't get it, but what's happening?
Speaker 2: Those are completely different sets of the way the economy is run there is it's a pretty unique situation. I'll I could get into the specifics of it, but I would have to read up more. But there's also I mean, like, but wages also haven't gone up either, Like it's like sort of frozen in time. Ah, So it's a bit of a Yeah, it's not like the most ideal situation either, And I'm sure other people could explain that better than me.
Speaker 1: You're not prepared to just give me a micro and macro economic.
Speaker 2: No, And I wish this was the Bloomberg Economy Finance Hour. But I'm a guy who's just barely starting to dream again.
Speaker 1: So don't you just a guy standing here barely starting to dream again?
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's my analysis of the Japanese economy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mine kind of relates to that because I've been cooking more. I think everybody's just been cooking more because fucking going out to eat is cost prohibit at this point, especially in LA Like you said, time estimates for recipes is my underrated. Like literally they are underrating the amount of time that it is going to take me to accomplish these recipes.
Speaker 3: I'm slow in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, I'm not like a focused chef, you know, I'm like cooking and like doing other stuff. And but like, so this weekend we did a recipe where they hit twenty minutes in in the recipe of they just assumed that you had cooked rice already, like they were like, okay, and then the next step is take the cooked rice that I was like, what the that that was not a yeah? But anyway, I like they I feel like they're fucking with me or I feel like I'm just really flow. And then I also I saw a New York Times recipe one of the few things I can make is a bowling aase. Oh yeah, that is from a like do you remember that old magazine Real Simple? Yeah, yeah, this is all These are just like real simple, like life hacks basically. So I got a bowling ace recipe out of that that it is estimated at like fifty minutes, takes me three hours every time, doesn't get any faster.
Speaker 3: I'm like, well, I'll get this down a slope.
Speaker 1: But then I got a like an alert an alert from a New York Times recipe this weekend. I was like, yeah, this is a bowling ase, it's gonna take you four to five hours. I was like, whoa, Yeah, somebody decided to like be honest about the recipes like how long they take.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's truly underrated or if it's just underrated for me, but the recipe timing feels like it is.
Speaker 2: It it's it's like done in a way that it's like, yeah, if you cook like a fucking person who's on top of their shit, like if you have you know, if you do Sometimes it'll say like if the prep work is included, or it's just the prep work or just a cook time, because if you're not quick on the knives or other things, it can take you a while to chop up a bunch of or like peel and chop things, or you know, get like all of your ingredients set. So yeah, I can see like if you're doing it where it's like as if you have everything ready mes on boss, you know that it's boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom. But if it's like, oh shit, that's right, I gotta make the rights hold on. Let me fucking take this shit off the fire. Okay, I got to chop this. I should have done this before yet me it takes three hour second. Yeah, so I don't know. I am not a precision watch in the in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Sure. So, uh, what is something that you think is underrated? Underrated?
Speaker 2: I think is just how much generative AI is already in the content that we're that is around us. Like I know that people are toying with it and tinkering with it, and every now and then we get these like doctorate images that are passed off as news. But like I'm starting to see more and more AI generated thumbnails, especially like I've seen it on like basically like those like Twitter spam that are meant to make like look like news kind of like clickbait sort of yeah, total.
Speaker 1: Bullshit promotion, uh, like little tag off of those posts now.
Speaker 2: Right exactly, And then there's now but like especially on YouTube thumbnails for like controversial topics like immigration, like I saw and that was.
Speaker 3: Like immigrants come to NYC.
Speaker 2: It begins kind of like weird thumb like headline and on it they like this was clearly a mid journey image because like when you zoom in, you're like, okay, that's sign isn't even in English, And that person's backpack has like five straps on the shoulders but.
Speaker 3: Like they but from Afar.
Speaker 2: When you just look like it, it could seemingly pass as an image that like if people in New York are protesting immigrants, like it was Montgomery integrating their public schools.
Speaker 3: Right like yeah.
Speaker 2: Like Mayhem around a bus and being like to just sort of paint this image as if people are behaving this way in New York. It's just a very subtle thing that I'm seeing more and more, especially on these sort of like political take a sphere kind of you know, shit chatting YouTube channels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they can use.
Speaker 2: Like a thumbnail to seemingly make it look like X, Y or Z is happening, just to sell you on the idea. But it's very powerful because it took me a second be like what fucking protest was this in New York? And then you have to like look close and you're like, okay, there's this is fucking mid journey or whatever another generative AI. So something that I've just been really noticing and before I thought it would be like it would be announced with more fanfare, but no, it's just like it's a trickling sphere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is the main Like, the the ease with which people can just like create dum bullshit images and the cloning of voices are the two main things that feel like they've like are going to substantively impact what the world is like. I mean, the Internet has been broken, but it does feel like the Internet, like the idea of truth on the Internet. A lot, a lot of the people who are on top.
Speaker 3: Of that have just given up at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're basically yeah, we're driving on Rainbow Road and Mario Kart. It looks really cool, but like there's no guardrails on this fucking thing. Like you can just go right off the side. And that's on you, asshole, because you chose this course. It's Rainbow Road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that seems to be the message.
Speaker 1: All Right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about Rondo Santists.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back, and we're back and.
Speaker 1: Ron DeSantis UH has dropped out of the Republican presidential primary immediately gone back to his comfort zone of kissing Trump directly on the center of his asshole. He you know, in the same breath, dropped out and was like and and that's why I'm endorsing Donald Trump be president.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was just like so uncomfortable, like trying to run for president, like.
Speaker 2: He had he probably had stress diarrhea. When like when Politico started analyzing his boots, It's like, oh, they're on to me, Casey.
Speaker 1: I think he's had stressed diarrhea the entire time that he's been a public figure. Like, I've never seen somebody be more uncomfortable in the spotlight. He just like gives the unspoken assurance that he is suffering from IBS at all times.
Speaker 3: I Yeah, I hate that.
Speaker 2: How awkward he is somehow makes me feel like I'm like relieved for him, and.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, he's out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like that's probably better for you, man, you know, And like I hate that. I'm like, oh, it's okay, Rob, Yeah, if you tried it, and you you had this whole fucking fake ass, tough guy act and it just it didn't work because everyone can tell your meatball Rob old pudden fingers.
Speaker 3: The old pudding fingers, meatball Rob.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's just something that to do with like the mirror neurons in our brain where it's just like God, I just want to make it stop. I don't want to see another human be that's uncomfortable and inauthentic. Yeah, so many, so many moments, so many highlights from the Like I feel like he averaged a Dean scream a week, but because the mainstream media had like kind of doubled down on him being the great hope, the great like non Trump hope for the Republican Party, right, they you know, they didn't make a huge deal of it. You just kind of had to go seek it out. And you know, Twitter was great at highlighting all of the attempts at smiling and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a Dean scream per week was more like a dysantis smile or laugh per week, where everyone like, oh, look at this dude trying to fucking connect to other human beings, like oh wow, all right, I massage you're clavigal way to be affectionate, or just pat you're I'm gonna rub my nose and then wipe it on your sleeve.
Speaker 3: Somebody was always.
Speaker 1: Creating this human body like a puppet from the car, some alien creature.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I like how he really just said the whole thing, like the beginning of his whole like concession was sort of talking about how he was a badass.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, I'm sorry, is this a concession speech?
Speaker 2: But then when he goes, nobody worked harder and we left it all out on the field. Now, following our second place spinish in Iowa, we have prayed and deliberated on the way forward.
Speaker 3: And then it's like and I'm suspending the campaign.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you prayed on it, yep, And hey, we left it all out there on the field. Do you know, Like a lot of people have been talking about the amount of money that was spent.
Speaker 3: They say that.
Speaker 2: Like combined reporting of spending from his campaign and the never back down pack of fifty three million dollars, it means that basically that was an average of two two hundred and sixty three dollars for each vote that was cast for him, just to fucking peace out killed it?
Speaker 3: My man, he.
Speaker 2: Could he could have done better if he gave people without even advertising, just one thousand dollars, right, just cash? Hey been like yo, bro, yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We good here.
Speaker 1: It's clear to me that a majority of Republican primary voters want to give Donald Trump another chance.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He has my endorsement because we can't go back to the old Republican guard of yesteryear, a repackaged form of warmed over corporatism that Nicky Haley represents. So yeah, I mean, first of all, lay off my friend. Yeah, you motherfucker. Nicky Hilly and I are tight. Uh but yeah, it's just so wild, Like, you know, Trump was so dismissive of him, so humiliating.
Speaker 3: That's what like was so infuriating about the primary.
Speaker 2: We're like, who's this gonna go kind of softball on Trump the whole time because inevitably they're gonna have to fall in line and just be like yeah, and he's number one.
Speaker 3: God, we love him, He's number one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like for all the talk that he did, like when he was like all these people who want to kiss the ring of Trump.
Speaker 3: Then cut to him swallowing the ring and being like, I don't know you guy was talking about got the throat. Come on, dude, but hey, this is we expected nothing less.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people were speculating on it. It's just like a nice glimpse into the life of working with someone working in politics. People like he started canceling events and everyone's like, oh, so you're definitely stepping out of the race. They're like, no, no, he's uh, there's just a scheduling issue.
Speaker 3: So depressed.
Speaker 1: No, we're good, We're still good. He just has to like get ready for New Hampshire, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just focused on that guy who peed his pants and had to hurry into a stall to figure out what to do.
Speaker 3: Hey, you're right in there. What's going on? Nothing? Just uh, just scheduling something chilling, chilling, chilling.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we need you out here to to to do that way walk of those new pants that you're wearing. Yep, just one we'll be okay, just give me one second. Just scheduling something. That's It's not that I ruined the pants.
Speaker 1: I'm just didn't hear scheduling. What it's the all purpose just like doing business. Uh sorry, just have a schedule thing, right.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: That really is some weird corporate speak, like vague bullshit. Just some schedule, just a scheduling thing I gotta work out right now. Sorry, So one second, one second, one second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he had just like days earlier, been like everybody, he would uh endorse the most worthless Republican as long as they kissed the ring.
Speaker 3: And then he.
Speaker 1: Immediately went back to deep throating the ring.
Speaker 2: Oh well, the ring all it calls to us in different ways, you know, And for him, he just couldn't. He just had to back down, although he told people he would never back down. And but it's interesting because meanwhile Churchill, yeah, oh that already quote.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, it wasn't said by Western Churchill, but yeah, but I like to say it was said by Winston Churchill, and people believe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Churchill esk, anything is possible. Winston Churchill one of his great quotes. But meanwhile, Donald Trump was showing off, how you know he's top of the field, and actually he has not cognitive decline, but cognate cogal cognolative.
Speaker 3: Incline, because nobody anything like it.
Speaker 2: He's already begun the birth attacks on Nikki Haley, as uh I mentioned last week, calling her Nemerota and like trying to be like.
Speaker 3: I don't know if she can actually run folks, because you know, she's ethnic.
Speaker 2: And he's also absolutely unable to speak clearly about her. He repeatedly kept confusing her with Nancy Pelosi in New Hampshire. And let's just let's just hear it from the goat's mouth on this one where he's clearly just anyway, the guy's the guy's sharp as fuck.
Speaker 1: Y'all find a new angle. This guy's mind as sharp as a tech reports the crowds.
Speaker 6: You know, by the way, they never report the crowd on January sixth, you know, Nicki Haley, Nikki Haley, Nikki Haley, you know they do.
Speaker 1: You know, they.
Speaker 6: Destroyed all of the information, all of the evidence, everything, delete it and destroyed.
Speaker 3: All of it about January sixth.
Speaker 6: Because of lots of things like Nicki Haley is in charge of security, we offered her ten thousand.
Speaker 2: People, Oh, in charge of security of the capital as speaker.
Speaker 3: Is that what you meant? And you offered Nancy Pelosi? Is that? Like the net anyway? So that's what we've got on deck, Nikki Haley.
Speaker 2: It's the wild thing is to this basically like it was going around Twitter because like all the Trump watchers were posting like the clip, but it didn't get press coverage that he was misspeaking until Nicki Haley herself pointed out, They're like, this fool can't even he can't even, he doesn't even know who I am. He's like, and this is what you're gonna get with an eighty year old person in office.
Speaker 3: The line only goes down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're like and then they started talking about it, which Michael TOMASKI I think in The New Republic was basically saying, like, imagine if Biden had misremembered someone from his cabinet, like a cabinet appointee from from his administration with him and with his biggest political opponent in Congress.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's definitely got a gaff or two in him.
Speaker 2: But like, I think it's just interesting how I think in the media we're just so used to him never making sense that it's like, yeah, fuck it, this guy has totally lost the plot. I mean, that's not real news, right, rather than being like, uh.
Speaker 3: Loo proof, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: The Overton window man an Overton French door.
Speaker 1: Now, is he like glistening and sweat in that clip he looks like very moist jack.
Speaker 3: Glowing. He's definitely glistening. Yeah. Uh all right, let's.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to talk about Davos, folks, and we're back.
Speaker 3: We're all right. Davos happened last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is where all the richest people in the world get together do ted talks at one another. You know, host panels speculate about the future to a large degree. That seems to be like the main thing that the mainstream media takes away from it is what there?
Speaker 3: What do? What does the I Luminadi say? Is is going to happen?
Speaker 1: They said that there's not going to be a recession this year, which is the first time I feel like they haven't predicted a recession in a couple of years.
Speaker 3: Oh they've decided.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've decided no recession this year. Last couple of years, there was a recession coming that didn't technically come.
Speaker 3: It was the forecast.
Speaker 2: It's like, we're going to say, there's a recession, We're going to lay a bunch of fucking people off, and then we're going to absorb all that money as profit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah exactly, But what casion? Yeah? Do it? Do it? Do it?
Speaker 1: One telling thing was that Alex Soros, who is George's son, said that according to like the people the business leaders and like you know, billionaires and philanthropists that this thing is basically a done deal that Trump is going to win the election this year. And then he pointed out that that is probably a good thing because they're always wrong about everything. He said, they're always wrong about like presidential elections.
Speaker 2: Well he's saying, whenever these assholes get together and they're like, it's in the bag, y'all, they're.
Speaker 1: In the bag for Trump. He's like, all right, well that's good, good news for Biden.
Speaker 2: So there's like a Davos curse, like the Ted Cruz curse kind of Yeah, yeah, all right, I can get behind that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I was looking at the review of like what came out of it. I guess there was a lot of AI stuff, and like some of it was people being like very scared of AI. Some of it was people being very optimistic about AI. Right, So who He pointed out that last year everybody was still talking about Crypto Davos. It's like pretty late in the game to not realize that was a scam.
Speaker 2: Oh how are we letting them run the fucking board on us economically? Yeah, I mean it just shows you what capital that all the protections that offers. But I think it also has like cop vibes, like Coop twenty eight, like where all these like leaders get together and they're like, we clearly know what the problem is, but let's just fucking ignore that. Because like during that during the Davos gathering, there was a group believe it or not, of ultra wealthy people that believe they absolutely should be taxed more. And they release the findings of a survey that showed that a decent amount of other hyper wealthy people are also down for a little less yacht this year. And this poll was conducted by a firm servation on behalf of the Patriotic Millionaires, which is an advocacy group that campaigns for a more progressive tax system. They pulled over twenty three hundred millionaires and billionaires in G twenty nations and found that seventy four percent support higher taxes on wealth to help address the cost of living crisis and improve public services. More than seventy percent of the respondents said they believe wealth quote helps buy political influence, and a majority see extreme concentrations of wealth at the very top is corrosive to democracy. And there was also an Oxvan analysis that showed the world's billionaires have gotten three point three trillion dollars richer since twenty twenty, as five billion people across the globe have lost ground. Yeah, just a very interesting painting in Abigail Disney, who also gave a comment on this report, I'll give you a few guesses as to who she's related to. Any guesses Gate Bill Gate exactly exactly. Bill Gates's daughter pointed out that traditionally people would reach for pitchforks in times of great inequality, but now it's populism that is taken over, and the best way to stabilize things is for.
Speaker 3: Them to get taxed properly.
Speaker 2: They're like, I don't know what else to do, Like, people are falling by the wayside, but we're just we're all basking in this system that allows us to hoard all of this wealth without having to do anything with it that would, you know, generally benefit the less fortunate. So yeah, they were just like, yeah, yeah, get out here, man, this is we're going to talk about how cool these fucking Pokemon NFTs are that we're about to go all in on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are millionaires. That's disgusting that guy Brandon whatever from talking about Lindsay Lohan. She has seven million dollars, which is basically disgustingly big.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh bow money. That's right.
Speaker 1: You need you want to you want to get my attention, get some billionaires talking about this. But yeah, I feel like the whole vibe at Davos is billionaires buying into the illuminati conspiracy theories about them and then like not being in control enough to actually make correct predictions. And really all they're doing is conspiring with one another to protect their wealth from taxation essentially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably like swap picks of their bunkers and ship oh yeah yeah the billion how much bunker flexing is going on at Davos, So, like, dude, you hear about all that stuff, but at night people are doing straight up slide shows in their hotel rooms of their bunkers to.
Speaker 1: This bad boy underground little silo that looks like the Maldives, right, that's all screens, that's all screens in a wave machine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to that movie to Leave the World behind. Pretty Yeah right, I'll send you my VR beach guy. Yeah, fun with him, dude, he's cool. Yeah, this should only cost like twenty five Mili there was a.
Speaker 1: Huge pro Palestinian protest at Sundance the Davos of the entertainment industry, and it shut down Main Street and you know was pretty well attended.
Speaker 3: Uh there was the.
Speaker 1: Melissa Barrera India More among some pretty well known actors, right, you know, entertainment figures. But the way it was covered, like by the you know, Hollywood report or it was kind of crazy. It was just like the entire article just felt very bad faith. They basically like kick off with like how can you protest on behalf of innocent Palestinians you're you know, LGBTQ and you'd be killed there, and then like that, yeah, just putting that argument in like in the voice of the article, or like the members of the LGBTQ community often face violence, persecution, and death in Palestine. More offered a counter by saying, this is about life. That's why I'm here, I'm trans right, it's about like just like giving a.
Speaker 2: Yeah that that logic should be applied, rather than like saying like, I'm sorry, that doesn't preclude me from looking at the needless killing of innocent people.
Speaker 4: And yes, also like and also like the like there's a ton there's a huge struggle too in Israel with people fighting their far right government over like a Supreme Court that just wants to like claw back all kinds.
Speaker 2: Of rights rel GBTQ people that they've they've won over the last you know, a few decades. So a lot of Yeah, of course, very bad faith. I expect nothing less from a Penske owned outlet. You know, PMC, Penske Media Corporation. They own like most of the industry rags in Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Oh really, yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: From Penske Trucks. You know he was gonna say, oh, the trucking company. Yes, yes, they all those Hollywood reporters delivered.
Speaker 3: You know, you know how many industry rags they own.
Speaker 2: They owned Billboard, they owned Variety, They owned the Hollywood Reporter, they owned the Golden Globes, they own Rolling Stone, they own rob Report, south By Southwest, Like these are all brands under this media umbrella, Indie Wire, fucking Deadline, Like I wonder what the logic is that, Like, you know how Michelin became the restaurant authority because it was like well back then it was like you know, right, you're trying to get people out of the house and like driving on tires to like go out to restaurants. So they started like covering different restaurants around the world, and that's how they became the authority. I wonder, like what the logic is of like the truck rental company, and I mean, if you look on it, just like on the on our principles as the thing it says. What began as a handwritten promise on November fifth, two thousand and four has grown into a global media organization built on superior content from the industry's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as far as the film festival stuff, you know, the thing that's making headlines so far is a film about sasquatch having sex, vomiting, and farting, starring Jesse Eisenberg and Riley Koh. I mean, great, yeah, this is interesting because people are like, this is uncalled for, like the entirely inappropriate protests, presumably before heading into a theater playing the movie where Bigfoots fuck each other.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, I didn't realize if the film follows a family of yeties over the course of a year. The film, which has zero dialogue or narration, wow, plenty of grunts, captures an immersive quote true depiction of the daily life of this asquatch true.
Speaker 1: Depiction, which on the research folks.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: And this reminds me of like Swiss Army Man when it came out and people.
Speaker 3: Were like, yeah, yeah, dude, similar.
Speaker 2: Harry Potter's like a farting corpse in this movie. I don't know what the fuck's going on. Cut to we get everything everywhere all at once A few years later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 2: Great, let the give us something like, honestly, let's watch this, ask the yet the YETI yet tis Yeti's jack off and vomit and fart, and let's celebrate that through the language of cinema.
Speaker 3: Yes please, I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, And we have an update on the story that has been kind of in and out headlines since two thousand and five. I remember this being a story back then. So, the Judy Garland's iconic ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz were stolen back in two thousand and five. Okay, they were then recovered in twenty eighteen, but the man responsible for the theft wasn't charged until twenty twenty one. And then we've just gotten like additional information on who he is.
Speaker 3: And his motives.
Speaker 1: Thanks to newly released court documents, Apparently, slippers were stolen by an aging mobster who had gone straight but was talked into one last score, like literally one last score stealing the like that that is a quote, one last score stealing the ruby slippers from the Judy Garland Museum in Duluth, Minnesota, because he believed that the slippers contained actual rubies because they were.
Speaker 3: Insured for one million dollars. You fool, you thought they were fucking actual.
Speaker 2: Oh my to see you aging mobster they called slippers in the movie.
Speaker 3: Can't do that, that's illegal.
Speaker 2: Actually, oh my god, dude, we gotta steal the Ring of Power. You saw how fucking lit that thing was in the movie. Imagine if we had that ship, we could just walk into a bank all invisible and ship and walk out with the monies.
Speaker 3: It's that's if that's the name of it.
Speaker 2: And there's no way they would make something that expensive for something that's on camera. That's like when you think like they use actual cash, like in scenes where like they're doing bank.
Speaker 3: Robberies, Like, dude, how much cash is that? Like actually to good for that?
Speaker 2: They're called fucking props and they're only insured for that much money because of its like cultural significance.
Speaker 3: Right, the fuck it's it's rough.
Speaker 1: He only found out the slippers were covered with glass, not rubies, when he took them to a fence. Uh, this must have been a tough day because I feel like fences aren't that into a cultural legacy. No, you know, no, So that must have been a bad day. And he apparently had no idea about the cultural significance of the ruby slippers because he had never actually seen the Wizard of Us.
Speaker 3: The fuck it just heard.
Speaker 2: Tell the guy what a fucking rube he must have been to get talked like to do the He went straight and then was talked into quote one last score.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, who's got the rights to this? I know?
Speaker 1: Well it needs to be the Cohen's or the people who make Fargo the TV show because for the film Yeah yeah, yeah, but I mean it takes place in Minnesota and it involves bumbling mobsters.
Speaker 3: Oh right, because the museum is in Duluth.
Speaker 1: The museum is in Duluth, So assuming he's from Minnesota, I think we'd be well, you know, give it a little Fargo vibe.
Speaker 3: Who could be fun?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Yeah, this is definitely headed for the big screen.
Speaker 2: I know, definitely, like I can just for whatever reason, I just hear Lyle from Escape from Danamora like that, Lyle, I got that ruby slipper and have rubies in them. They don't, oh about Lyle?
Speaker 1: Why they say rubies on them?
Speaker 3: Right there? You know they're all right on that.
Speaker 2: Tis Why wouldn't they have rubies in them if they were called ruby slippers? Oh well, okay, well fuck around and find out.
Speaker 3: I guess as you for your swan song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday, January twenty second. Yeah, we are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show.
Speaker 3: Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself.
Speaker 1: That it's like a kind of a quiet dean screen that's like a muppet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like a little like a mother or like Yoda, a little bit like.
Speaker 1: Yodam agreeing with something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like he's like I can get behind that kind of maybe twe ordered tie Yoda.
Speaker 1: I like, all right, be kind to each other because of yourselves. Get the vaccine, don't do nothing about what suppresacy, and we will fuck y'all tomorrow, but yeah,