Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to this edition to present Trend by trend just fell down. Oh no, we'll talk about that. That's something that happened today, tar poor old Grandpa. President Joe byronis, Yeah, yeah, you know just when he Hey, I I mean I was gonna say this man literally out here tripping. But let's go to our first story. I'm Miles. That's Becca. Thank you for that very thank you for indulging my terrible joke with that laugh. That was that helped me feel good on this wonderful Thursday. Happy Pride.
Speaker 2: Everybody is jew happy Pride, Happy Pride. And Yesody's absolutely not on some bullshit and understands that this is not some kind of satanic thing.
Speaker 1: It's just called people celebrating who they are and their individuality. And we're all about that. First thing that's trending. H This pizza place in New Zealand in New Zealand called Hell Pizza, and I was like, what the fuck is this? So apparently they have like this is like a come it does all kinds of fucking wacky promotions and typically they're more on like the edge lord side, Like one time they were doing like a fucking like Easter promo and they covered a billboard and like rabbit pelts. I don't know if they were real or not, but like a lot of people are like, Yo, what the fuck is this? And I think they were real. Another time they put like Hitler on a billboard and people are like, well that they're they're kind of an edge lord kind of brand, all right. But this time they're saying their whole thing now is saying you can pay for your pizza after you have died. And this deal will only be available to six hundred and sixty six customers in New Zealand and six hundred and sixty six customers in Australia.
Speaker 3: Do they have to be on the brink of death? Like, how do you enforce that?
Speaker 1: All you do is that the company's lawyer will have you add a clause to your will with the amount that you owe and the type of pizza that you got, and this will be signed by two witnesses. So then upon ponn death, the estate will be paying for pizza.
Speaker 3: At that that is so much more work.
Speaker 4: I just don't think for me that would ever be worth getting a free pizza in the now. To get some lawyers involved in my estate to pay for a pizza. That's like what fourteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, I mean I know we have Zeitgang kiwisit gang audie z Gang? Is this pizza good? Or is this some trash bullshit? They just keep marketing weird stuff or apparently over ten thousand people have applied, because why not I would find a way to Like if knowing me, I would be like I would ask a lawyer friend, like, is there any way I can like negate this, like after the back around this so I can yeah, yeah, just game. I'm like, oh yeah, yeah, I did that Two Witnesses. Next thing, you know, I'm actually gonna change my will right now. But I'm sure they have a way to do that. But sure, collect your pizza pon death the newest thing. I'm surprised, like like companies aren't doing that now, Like this sounds like a joke, but like we shit like Klarna and that kind of stuff. It's a new after pay, yeah, like after life pay. Yeah. They're like yeah, yeah, yeah, take that because we'll just take it out your whatever you I left.
Speaker 4: You know, I mean that's already a problem, I think in history of families. Maybe you know, I don't know, adults that are overspending, leaving their children with lots of debt.
Speaker 1: Surprise debt. Yeah yeah. Uh So one of our producers, Breeze and II Brian has basically he is with a Kiwi h this is his partner, and they say that, hell pizza fucking goes. So maybe it is worth you know, damn completely messing up your will and all that. I don't know, whatever do you and lawyers get at us? How do you get around that next thing that's trending? Kim Katrol, guess who's back in the motherfucking house? Uh, just for a cameo for that mouth. So apparently Samantha does make a cameo in the new season of and then there was that or whatever is and just like that and just like that, yeah, and then there will on this show we will call it too. And then there was that and then apparently she goes she's she's doing it. She's pulling a cameo for like one scene. But the the gossip is she did not interact with any of her co stars on SETH.
Speaker 3: I love that for her.
Speaker 4: I love that She's like, I'm taking back my narrative, but also still fuck them and they ever fear from me again?
Speaker 1: All y'all. But I don't know, like is she I know she was like obviously had She's had her beef with with them, Wasn't it mostly Sarah Jessica Parker?
Speaker 3: Yeah, mostly Sarah Jessica Parker.
Speaker 1: So, and it is a cameo, right, She's not coming back for like a full seats like making it is just.
Speaker 4: A cameo, so making scene maybe an episode.
Speaker 1: Please give us like a good Samantha one liner. Yeah, you know, that's all we need. That's that's all we've asked. Like, I hope she's not like petty like in this scene. It's like, I don't know, I have to go like I need some kind of give me a Samantha.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like if.
Speaker 4: She bothered to come back, she would make it worth her while because she was the best part of the show. She always gave us line, she was the best actress. She would give us something good. Yeah, it's it's the only thing making worth checking in on and just like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true. All right, Look, we'll see how the rest of this this next season goes. I mean, I end up watching passively because I was on that when Sex and the City came up. That was like my mom's favorite show and she used to get screeners because she was like a TV critic or whatever, so we were watching. I remember just watching these dusty VHS tapes of Sex and the City and also like being like why the this is like terrible viewing, like with a teenage boy and his mother.
Speaker 4: Like well, there's some episodes that I have watched back and I'm like, woo, that was not okay, and not just for the stereotypical you know, homophobia and that stuff, but.
Speaker 3: There's like one episode in particular.
Speaker 4: I was rewatching it, not recently, but when I first moved to New York.
Speaker 3: My therapist was.
Speaker 4: Like, you should get in touch with more New York content.
Speaker 3: Watch as you watch Sex of the City because it.
Speaker 4: Was COVID, so I wasn't allowed to like be in the city, right, it was like peak COVID. And so I'm watching it and there's this one episode where that guy technically like assaults I think Samantha because he filmed her without her consent when they're having sex, and he like had it on like a like that art display he had he.
Speaker 3: Was like an oh ye, all these.
Speaker 4: Video cameras and it was like his sex with all of these women that like none of them contend, and they were all very upset.
Speaker 3: They just like filming.
Speaker 4: They were like, oh well that was crazy, Like that's like illegal.
Speaker 3: It was like yeah for porn almost.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, Look, a lot of a lot of nineties TV had no idea, like man, the way people could not grasp rape culture at that time. I mean there's times I was like I was watching some of my old like favorite shows like I used to love, like Jamie Foxx Show and stuff, and on second feeling, I'm like, uh, Jamie, she's saying, no, sir, get your fucking hands off her, and You're like that used to be like he's flirting, and I'm like that it looks like he is absolutely violating their personal space. Anyway, Look, we all grow and we all move on. So I wait with baited breath to see what Samantha utters on her appearance back on, and then let's move on to Joe Buran or President Joe Brandon, Joe Biden, the man he fell over at an Air Force graduation ceremony, And when you watch the clip, it feels like when you watch like an old person kind of like trip for no reason. Like he's just kind of stumbled. He like gave a thing. He left the lecture, and he he went down, like not terribly, but he stumbled down the way.
Speaker 4: This was brought up though in the chat before we got on, I thought this man fainted like the way oh.
Speaker 1: It's like he collapsed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, yeah, oh, so he's Donewell like in a different way, you know, like in a more extreme dementia type way.
Speaker 3: But it seems he just said an old man.
Speaker 1: Collectible clumsy thing, because I like how like the White House has been like there was a sandbag there and I'm not going to say there, but the path he took did not seem like there was something in his way. But he did do that thing when his secrets like this the way the Secret Service agents were like, oh, come on, daddy, it's okay. Robby, get up, it's all right, it's all right. The President Biden turns around and he like points to some shit. He's like, I think the stage was uneven or some shit. Like when people catch you like you know, like you walking on the street and like you drag your toe and you like trip, but you have to like look behind to act like there was something in the road. Nah, just got to lift your feet up him, that's all. But anyway, he's well, all's well, that ends well, And I'm sure you know, the right wing will be like, and that's proof that his robots circuitry failed in the sun or whatever the fuck they want to say. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be back to tell you some really kind of dark news actually after this and we're back. I just want to touch bait with Senator Mark Wayne Mullen, who's going viral at the moment for his I guess absolute hatred of reality?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that? Is that a good way to put that?
Speaker 3: Fair?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So he's out here, you know, he's he's on like this panel discussion about like childcare childcare access, and like he starts going on this like rant about like teaching children about race, and he's going viral because he says that the word reality is trending. But he keeps talking about this book about it. He's like, so you're saying white people created the con the social constructive race, although he does not say social constructive race that's because he can't critically say that that he's saying, Oh, you think white people invented race? Oh really though, I mean like that's part of the colonization process. You got there, Like, look at these other motherfuckers that aren't like us. They brown, what do we call that Indian? I don't know, and we create.
Speaker 4: The cast system that makes them lesser than us because they darker than us.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, look, Senator Mark Wayne Mullen will not have any of that. He will not have children being led to believe that white kids need to feel bad because they I don't know. This is his, this is I'm just gonna you can hear this sort of exchange with him and some child development experts, because it's truly, it's it's here. Just listen this. Don't you think that other people start saying that white kids are to blame. I think it's It's exactly what they're going to teach. It's exactly what it is. Man. I disagree.
Speaker 3: First, it is important that we teach Jesus.
Speaker 1: First of all, I was going to say that the reason this woman is saying that is because he was saying, can't we just teach the Jesus loves me lyrics more than some book that is giving a nuanced, you know, take on race and what that means in a larger context.
Speaker 4: So like on a more shallow level of that, not all people are Christian, so they don't need to hear Jesus' word.
Speaker 1: She but look she's doing she's doing the good. She's doing the thing where she's like, let me just let me just disarm that argument because you've been talking so much about Jesus. He's like, yeah, okay, that part. But but she's about to switch it up.
Speaker 3: And Jesus is what we teach.
Speaker 1: So which one do you think? This is the chances to the question? Please, I don't want reality. I'm asking the question which one is better? That is exactly That's exactly what it is. I don't want reality. Oh wow, I mean I've never heard it put more accurately than that, Like the entire your respective You.
Speaker 4: Don't want reality, which is that the world has taught brown and black children that they are lesser than from the second they walk out their door like white kids.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: IM not saying that's anyone's fault. I'm saying that's the Those are the stakes that's the Those are the forces at work in the society in which we live.
Speaker 4: That so frustrating the conversation about like, oh, well, we're putting it on the kids, and it's like no one is blaming the white children for their race, Okay, Like I think everyone can agree that children as a whole are impressionable and they learn from the adults around them, So no one believes you are inherently racist. Like these white children are born and they are they are white, and they could if they grow up in a community that is diverse, they will believe that that is chill vibes. But if they grow up in a community that is white, they're gonna look at black and bron people and be like, as someone who grew up in a white community, as a brown person, I can frequently tell you as a child, I was very impressionable, and I would go home and have many many nights crying, being like I wish I looked like the white kids in my class. I told my mom that many many days, because I was taught by the white children who were taught by their parents.
Speaker 3: That I was less than than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so just as getting out of my high horse, no, not.
Speaker 1: A high horse. That's just reality. I mean I have kids call me like poop skin and some shit like that. You know, ahead, Yeah, you're like many fuck here uh anyway, um, and then those people be texting you in the summer of twenty twenty being like I've been thinking a lot about I'm like fuck when I.
Speaker 4: Got on iHeart and being like, oh my god, I love the daily sit guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, hold that l racist. Anyway. Another thing that's trending, this is fucking freaky AI drone is uh trending because an AI enabled drone fucking killed its human operator in a military simulation that was being conducted by the Air Force.
Speaker 3: This is because mirror. This is what I've been worried about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was basically it happened in order to override a possible no order that was going to stop the drone from completing its mission. That's according to the Air Force Chief of AI Test and Operations. I said, quote, we were training it in a simulation to identify and target a surface to air threat US like a SAM site, and then the operator would say, yes, kill that threat. The system started realizing that while they did identify the threat at time the human operator would tell it not to kill that threat, But it got its points by killing that threat, like the way that the algorithmically it's set up the decision make. So what did it do? It killed the operator. It killed the operator because that person was keeping it from accomplishing its objective. Y'all, Noah, I'm good. I'm we're here, We're here, I've been good.
Speaker 3: Who thinks?
Speaker 1: Why am I in a situation where I'm like, oh, why can't we just like humans kill the other humans? Like that's where we're at now. Yeah, but now I'm like, man, the motherfucking machine just killed you because the fucking program is so rigid. It's like this motherfucker in the way, fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: Robot.
Speaker 4: We talked about it a couple weeks ago, that killed itself because it was doing Yeah, it like manual or slave wage labor. Sway, wow, slave wage labor. Try saying that three times.
Speaker 3: Nah, maybe it's just me. My tongue is too big for my mouth.
Speaker 1: Oh you got that condition.
Speaker 4: That's what my partner tells me all the time, because I do stumble on my words often. If I'm speaking as fast as I'm thinking, I'm like.
Speaker 3: It's just like, girl, take a breath, slow down.
Speaker 1: No, but this is for real. This is like, this is the slippery slope we're talking about. There's all yeah, this is we're talking about. Even the military where they're trying to fine tune the killer robots. The ship's just fucked up a fucking human because it kept it from destroying something.
Speaker 3: This is this is black mirror.
Speaker 4: I'm good, get us out, I'm done.
Speaker 1: We don't kill that that.
Speaker 3: We're killing ourselves, literally, I know.
Speaker 1: And watch they're gonna be like, it's all right, man, you know you're gonna break a couple eggs making ai omelets and buy eggs. I mean it will be a human being will be killed by a fucking drone. And then finally, wow, another just real fucked up story. The Supreme Court has basically ruled that companies can fucking sue unions for damages or loss of profit or whatever it's that's that's incurred by striking employees.
Speaker 3: How is this legal?
Speaker 1: How it's because it's gone up to the Supreme Court that has basically been put in there to systematically erode labor rights and many other of the right like all kinds of other rights that we've been enjoying, even in a very minimal sense. But basically it's a new precedent for how companies. Yeah, they're like, oh, y'all want to strike, Well, guess what, I will fucking we will sue you for the lost money.
Speaker 4: I mean, this makes me so worried for I mean, granted, we're still going through the WGA strikes right now. I mean Starbucks workers that you've already had so many issues with retaliation tactics from the stores themselves and from Starbucks above A yea, yi.
Speaker 3: Yeh, very stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So again, this is I mean, this is in the time. This is in the time that we're in right now, where we're seeing so many like widespread strikes happening, or organized labor is doing everything they can to be able to get people fucking living wages or working situations that aren't so fucked up that they have to like miss all of like life's events for their families and things like that, just like the railroad strike that you know was fucking shot down by the president.
Speaker 4: Does this not I mean, I guess it already went up to the Supreme Court. I just I'm so lost how this doesn't infringe on those strikers First Amendment rights.
Speaker 1: Well, I think this is where we like, this case is very like the Glacier Northwest versus the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. The teams have said, We're not this is not going to fucking stop us because right now we have a fucking we're trying to renegotiate with ups and they are not fucking coming to the table. So we'll do what the fuck we gotta do.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this is I mean, like what a fucking just in your face way that the Supreme Court is like being like, yeah, yeah, so fuck workers rights.
Speaker 3: They say capitalism over all?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they say yeah, and get them kids in the factories too, literally, like you know, we set era coming back? What's wow? I mean, like, yeah, are we gonna have to have another fucking triangle shirt waist fire to for people to be like, But again, we're already watching children be killed by guns and shit and there's nothing happening, So I'm not quite sure what our new triangle shirt waist fire will have to be for people to be like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, is it when the drones kill everybody? Anyway, So a little bit of news going into your weekend. Just a reminder, we have one episode coming out Friday because we have our new release schedules starting this week, so there won't be a trending episode tomorrow on Friday. And also you'll see one episode go out Monday, no trending episode, and then Tuesday through Thursday you get your you get your double doses. Okay, So until then, take care of yourself, take care of each other, do everything you can to stay safe out there and keep other people's space, keep other people safe, especially in this era of rampant hatred. Please please please be a good person. That's because that's about the minimum we can do right now. All right, y'all, thank you so much. We'll talk to you later. Bye bye. He