Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy football advice, speculation, and whatever stupid stuff they decide to drop into the show. Now, here's your host, Paul Chargia.
Speaker 1: Welcome to our first off season, if you will, Fantasy Football Weekly.
Speaker 3: We've got playoff action.
Speaker 1: It's not really the off season, it's just the fantasy offseason.
Speaker 3: Back on the show.
Speaker 1: Now that we are no longer the three person, two hour in studio version, we get to have Brian Johnson back.
Speaker 4: What up charts? Yeah, I would ask how's it going. We talk outside of the show quite often, but for the purpose of the show, how's it going. It's been a long time.
Speaker 3: It has been a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's ten. I made my last appearance, which they've become guest appearances now, as you mentioned in Charlotte, I have to say, well, first off, congratulations on another full season. That was thirty one thirty.
Speaker 1: Well this is thirty so we're uh, we've completed thirty.
Speaker 4: I don't know if episode of the of the season. Yeah, and we did the training camp and I popped back in a couple times, but I gotta say I did miss it, uh, for the first time in pretty much ten years, you know, I was. Yeah, they're almost every week, so I missed being there. But the show's in good hands, of course. But again, congrats on the thirtieth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: I know it makes me feel so old, but that's I appreciate that. It's it's been a it's been a great thirty years. We'll we'll turn our attention today to games on the schedule that have a discrepancy and motivation between the teams that you can use to your advantage in your fantasy league. So we're gonna I'm gonna try. I've challenged you, Brian and myself to find a player in every game that has a motivational advantage and somebody that's off the radar, right like Lamar Jackson's got a huge motivational advantage in the first Saturday game. But duh, yeah, we're not doing anybody any good with that. Everybody knows Lamar Jackson's likely sitting on a gigantic game, and so we're gonna find some dart throw players. And this is where I'm a little bit sad. That I don't have my full accompaniment of sound effects, so I don't have my dart throw sound effect.
Speaker 4: Here, Well is trubisky is he gonna get? Oh?
Speaker 1: Baby, you got trum Boski. I thought I would never be able to use my my trum my many trombone sound effects.
Speaker 3: But that's not the.
Speaker 4: Text message notification. You know. That's good, that's on your phone. That's any at all times.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have some fun with uh. We're gonna have some fun with that when we get to the Bills game.
Speaker 3: We and so that's uh. So that's the now.
Speaker 1: You could use this for DFS purposes. You could use this for betting purposes. For those of you that are in legal adding states like you are, Brian, I am not.
Speaker 3: You can not maybe target.
Speaker 4: Somebody's crossed Minnesota. Come. I know I do want to move back someday, but I'm not now when given a place where you can bet it like, I wouldn't move back. I don't want to get into that right now. I need I need it back. But anyway, Yes, there will be some gambling angles on this show. I got I got a few.
Speaker 1: All right, I like it. All right, here we go, I've got a couple more games than you do. So I'm gonna go first. And it is that that Baltimore Ravens Saturday game. Uh, the Browns have no motivation and the quarterback situation is so dire that they've apparently found a quarterback that is I don't know, maybe worse than dtr Dorian Thompson Robinson, maybe better. But Bailey Zappi is now your new starting quarterback for the Cleveland Browns and taking on the Ravens.
Speaker 4: So it is insane me. Like, you know that one guy that has the jersey of like all the all the Browns, he I think he probably thought he had that could retire that, but no, he's breaking that out and oh yah for sure had it that.
Speaker 1: Things like a at zafi is a trench code for Baltimore. The win on Saturday means, it means a lot. It's the difference between a home playoff game as the three seed and a road games the five seed.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, this is a playoff game for them.
Speaker 1: Essentially, it is effectively like an early playoff game, great way to put it. Meanwhile, Cleveland was mathematically eliminated when they decided to trade for Deshaun Watson two years ago. Uh so, let's get to our dart throw player in this one, and it is Rashad Bateman. Brown's secondary slipped a lot, Brian. Over the past five weeks, the Browns have allowed the tenth most wide receiver fantasy points and non number one receivers are having a lot of success against Cleveland week sixteen. T Higgins and Andrey Josebash scored Week fifteen, Juju Smith Schuster scored Week fourteen, Van Jefferson scored week thirteen, Marvin mm scored Week twelve.
Speaker 3: Calvin Austin scored.
Speaker 1: So and that's Bateman's whole bit, right, is he's low volume touchdown dependent receiver. Well, here's all these touchdowns for non number one receivers, depth receivers. I think for Shot Bateman can be in this mix.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like it. And uh, you know the Duke's Male Bowl is right in town Ram and Charlotte for Seod Bateman, former Golden Gopher and one of twelve wide receivers with at least eight touchdowns this year for Shot Bateman finally coming through for Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really hard from a fantasy standpoint to guess when those touchdown games were coming because if Bateman does not score, he kills you. He was the worst Guillotine eight touchdown guy you could have had on your roster. That's those are really really tricky weeks to figure out.
Speaker 4: Not not since week ten. And let me do a quick cross promo if you're playing any you know Guillotine Leagues playoff contest. Bateman's week ten touchdown, no touchdown, Week eleven, then one touchdown, two touchdowns, one touchdown, no touchdown last week. But he's been he's been hot since week ten. So a guy, I'm I think you might be a little chalky in playoff in the championship. We'll talk more about that in other episodes, but yeah, Bateman heating up at the right time for sure.
Speaker 1: Two different Guillotine League playoff games coming your way starting next week, so you'll want to go to guillotin leagues dot com check those out. Standard small standard Guillotine League style geet playoff Guillotinis with five team leagues and then the bigger chompionship games. Let's go to the Carolina Panthers. They've got no motivation here of note, but they're taking on the Falcons that have to win to have a chance to get in Brian.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do. And you know Carolina, They're gonna put their their motivated. They're desperately trying to turn their culture around. So I think they're gonna they're gonna try to win this game against the Panthers, who, as you said, they need to win this game, they also need the Bucks to lose they play at the same time. So the the Falcons are going to play this game effectively like their their life is on the line, which as it is, so all the motivation really on the Falcon side. From a fantasy gambling perspective, I'm not gonna mess with the Panthers side too much, even though I think they're gonna roll out their starters, like even Adam Field's gonna get full run in this game. But I'm gonna focus on the on the the Falcons running game against the Panthers, who have surrendered nearly eleven hundred combo yards to opposing running backs over the last five games. That's wow, more than two hundred per game. If I can do that math in my head that easily, that's that's bad news. The Panthers run and again the Panthers, I didn't dive too much. A win can only hurt their draft. They're not in the mix for the number one pick. Shockingly, they got a little too a little too good for that. But uh but anyway, back to the Falcons run game. Who in Week five they tore up Carolina are week six the Falcons did against the Panthers. Bijeon is gonna be the Chalky option here. I'm gonna look at Tyler Algier who in that game in Week six, Randon was a long time ago. The Panthers run defense was better than eighteen carries, one hundred and five yards and a touchdown Tyler Algier in that game. And Bijon had two touchdowns himself in that game, ninety five yards. It just the Falcons should roll the Panthers in this game. And you know, Algier, if I'm the coach, I'm like, let's let Tyler Algier have a little more fun in this game. We're gonna win. Bijeon is the prize guy right in the back. I don't know, so Algier is my angle. Everyone's focused on Bijon. If you're playing DFS, you can play both Falcons running back.
Speaker 3: You really could. You could play both, but absolutely.
Speaker 4: But if I'm gonna pick one, I'll go contrarian with Lgier.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bills take on the Patriots. Now, the Bills have no motivation. The Patriots, though, have naggad of motivation. They need to lose so they can keep the number one seed in the draft, the first pick of the draft. They don't want to give that up because if the Patriots, because they don't need a quarterback, they will get a king's ransom for that first overall pick in all probability if they want our and are willing to trade down Brian.
Speaker 4: The Giants paid the Patriots back for ruining their perfect season that year, beating them in the Super Bowl oh seven and then beating him again, ruining basically the only time Brady's lost the Super Bowl. Well, maybe lost one more, but they paid. The Giants had the number one pick locked up and they they've given it to the Patriots, so they paid him back for ruining that the perfect season. Can't believe it.
Speaker 1: So Buffalo won't play any starters in this meaningless game. They're locked into the two seeds. So then I'm asking myself, all right, I need to find a Bill who's going to be on the field against a Patriots team trying to lose. So although Jared Mayo's trying to keep his job, so there is that. I mean, you know, he might be trying, but it might not even matter if they we are in fact trying to win or lose. So I'm like, okay, which running back can take advantage of this really bad Patriots run defense. It's obviously not James Cook. So then it came down to Ty Johnson or Ray Davis and I'm like, okay, which one's worse? And so we'll get on the field more in a meaningless game. And I've landed on Ray Davis. And here's why. Ty Johnson has sixty eight snaps with the clock under two minutes. Got this from the utilization report, which is great. Ray Davis has ten snaps with the clock under two minutes. In theory, when the clock's under two minutes, you've got your favorite players on the field. So I'm assuming Ray Davis is the least favored of the three running backs and he will be on the field the most. Patriots are an awful run defense. They've allowed the most yards to opposing runners and the third most fantasy points, and they've allowed touchdowns to opposing number one backs in five straight games. And I think Ray Davis is going to be the number one back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you're right. Ty Johnson, like James Cook and Davis are almost interchangeable. Ty Johnson has a very unique role with that off So yeah, they need to protect Ty Johnson at all costs. And yeah, and Cook's the starter. So I'm with you, with you, my.
Speaker 3: Ank Davis one.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Houston taking on I said, Houston Tennessee. Yeah, I think Houston Tennessee is next. Houston has no motivation. They're locked into the four seed. And the Titans, well they're not good. They're gonna split their quarterbacks. You never see this. The plan is to play Will Levis in the first half and Mason Rudolph in the second half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you can't trust the passing game. Calvin Ridley needs fifty nine yards to get to a thousand. They'll probably get that. But that's not too exciting either way, not enough motivate, Like, you know, fifty nine yards. If it was sixty nine, then it starts to get exciting there. Hey, O awful joke, I know, But the where the incentives get exciting. Is in the running game for the Titans. Yeah, we're Tony Pollard will be the starter. Pollard's like been hurt every week, but he's good to go. Spears is out, Ty J. Spears is out right now. So Tony Pollard needs eighty three rushing yards to earn a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars bonus and two rushing touchdowns for another two hundred and fifty Oh, I guess the Texans number twenty two ranked run defense, who you said have zero motivation at all? They are locked into the number four yea, and they know they suck too. I'm sorry, Houston. I win a massive parlay of the Texans win the Super Bowl. That goes back to the math. But they're not gonna use that so Tobacco Ryans said. Houston's head coach said, they're gonna play there. No, they're not. They're not. So Tony Pollard like any prop like he's the most But that that begs the question though at the highest level, charge like it like these incentives like the does the the gms don't really want the players to hit these from a financial standpoint, do they not? Well? Trickle down coach like bike, sure Pollard.
Speaker 3: Doesn't get it. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: The coaches want the players to get the money, and Pollard's under contract for two more years after this, so they don't want to burn any bridges of Pollard. What do you think of Julius Chestnut, Well, Julius Chestnut getting the spears roll. Pollard's been laboring with this injury. You know, if he gets knocked out or maybe he hits some of these incentives early, what do you think a little Julius Chestnut mop up time?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Why not? This could be another just double running back scenario two in DFS where he with Chestnut cheap. Pollard will be somewhat expensive, but yeah, I mean they should just lean on the run game in this one. So yeah, I like that angle. Yeah, but the two touchdowns a long shot for Pollard either way. But yeah, I can see him getting that eighty three rushing yards and like, okay, you got two hundred and fifty. K I think you're happy with that. It's Chestnut time. So yeah, I like that deep dart throw.
Speaker 1: Chicago Bears faced the Packers. The Packers have some motivation here. They're locked into the six or the seven. Seed, but if they win, they avoid the seventh seed, which has to go to Philly. I don't think anybody wants to go to Philadelphia for a playoff game. I think they'd much rather face the Rams of the Bucks in their games. So I think the Packers try to win here and I need a dart throat now. Green Bay needs to keep Josh Jacobs healthy for their playoff run, and Matt Lafleur's proven that he'll rest Jacob's in games, especially games when they get ahead, so that brings in Emmanuel Wilson. He's had forty two snaps over the last two games, and he's totally separated himself from Chris Brooks and he's got an ankle injury. I don't think Brooks is going to be a factor here. And in the last two games, Emmanuel Wilson four carries from inside the five yard line. Goal line back maybe for Emmanuel Wilson. The Bears run defense has been bad all year and it's gotten worse over time, and depth runners like Emmanuel Wilson are posting good games against Chicago.
Speaker 3: Listen to this.
Speaker 1: Last week, Kenny McIntosh turned just seven carries into forty six yards before that cam Akers scored a touchdown before that, Patrick Taylor and Isaac Garrendo shared three scores before that. David Montgomery and Jimior Gibbs, who are basically like both starters, but still they both topped one hundred yards against Chicago. So I love Emmanuel Wilson in us getting some kind of productivity here in some fashion, because I don't think I think the Bucks are going to continue to use Josh Jacobs sparingly and Emmanuel Wilson running well, and there's a bad defense.
Speaker 4: I like it. I'm taking notes over here, literally, I'm locking that in all right, mind, go.
Speaker 1: To the Saints taking on the Bucks. The Saints have no motivation and or probably without a lot of star players. I don't think Alvian Khmer is going to go. I don't think Derek Carr is gonna go, and yes is a question mark. It's all bad for that offense. And here come the Bus highly motivated, winning in situation. The Bucks, I'm guessing they're like fourteen point favorites. I don't know, but they should be like fourteen point favorites. What are your thoughts on this one? And who is a dart throw player that we could that we could look.
Speaker 4: At yeah, winning in for the Bucks, they win the South if they're in, but even more Moti like, that's enough motivation to win, but it's even better for them. They get the three seed if the if the Rams lose Seattle and the Rams that they plan to sit there right back. Yeah, yeah, I mean the Bucks should very much win this game. I know I was assigned a dart throw, but I'm gonna I know, I can't say this is financial advice, but there's a prop out there for Mike Evans, a prop bet where you can get it at minus two hundred, which means you have to bet two hundred dollars to win one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Essentially, Yeah, it's just to him to get the eighty five yards, he needs to get to one of five yards.
Speaker 4: And five catches, okay, and met him a bonus of three million dollars.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're gonna make that happen.
Speaker 4: So I'm not calling it a lock. I don't work for the I'm not going to name the network. I never say anything like that, but that is just insane to me that that is out there, and maybe maybe the odds have shifted, but I'll so Kate Otten, but no going a deep dark throat Pain Durham was when it tight ended last week for the Bucks with Kate Otten and out, who is limited? Pain Durham is limited Now I don't even know who the third.
Speaker 3: Tight end is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that guy got some action too, And I'm trying to remember his name.
Speaker 3: It help. It's like Culp or something.
Speaker 4: Help the Golden Gopher, is it?
Speaker 3: So I got to pull it up right now.
Speaker 1: It's Coke Keifed, yes, and there is a Devin cult and there's a Devin Culp as well.
Speaker 4: So I'm just monitoring, man, those guys so much. Uh. And I'm playing a Bucks tight end Baker, not a darth Row, but snubs for the Pro Bowl. Take that, that's how you want it. That's money out of his pocket. That's why the players get upset about this. Should have been in the Pro Bowl, I think over not Sam Darnald, of course. Well I don't want to get the Proscion now, Jayden Daniels should have gotten it, or GoF you should have got for golf.
Speaker 1: I think the time the time has come to formally congratulate you on your Sam Darnald, take you were the original Sam Darnald believer, going back to five minutes after the Vikings signed him. And you, unlike everybody else on my twitter feed, have the receipts because you started betting props for Donald to win MVP back in the spring. You were the original believer on this podcast. You've got money. You've got money that proves you believed it.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. I actually there's a tweet out there and I shouldn't be saying this, but someone will find it. I know it's been Bookedmark, but I said I would. I said the Viking should sign Sam Donald and if they did, they would win the Super Bowl. And if that happened, I would do something. But I have some ouch planned and I'm not even a Vikings fan, you know. It's like I'm like, I'm a Sam Donald. But so anyway, that's out there, so we'll see what happens. But yeah, I appreciate that, and I would. Yeah, Sam Donald, he had the skill set. I was just bad spot. So okay, I'm not gonna win the MVP bet, I don't think, unfortunately, but I will go down with the process. Was right, I did bet. We're rooting for Van Ginkle though.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, we want and he's plus two thousand right now, it's Patrick Sartan's job to lose. But the but the Broncos are getting passed through right now, so it's a little bit unclear as to who that defensive MVP will be.
Speaker 4: We need Andrew Vanka one more pick six for Gink and it's I think it's a lot. But anyway, appreciate that I'm calling Donald and a most roy where I get emotional, I I'm sad I'm not out in Minnesota too, by the way, for all us, I'm sure it's PANDEMONI. Oh yeah, it must be. I mean, where do you rank this right now? With well, the last time was you know farv was the last time in the excitement was this high? I'm sure nine?
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, probably oh nine more than twenty seventeen. I mean the Minneapolis miracle though, so this is for regular season. I was there for I lived there at that jacked as anything I've seen.
Speaker 4: It can't be. The excitement wasn't the same that season as it is right now after the miracle for sure.
Speaker 3: After the miracle it was, yeah, it was going in.
Speaker 4: It was a good team, but it wasn't like anyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're heading the enemy champ.
Speaker 4: Of course I'm routing. I'm rooting for the the Vikings and then the quarterback controversy, controversy that will ensue. We gotta have an episode with thora.
Speaker 1: And I yeah, that'll be That'll be a knockdown drag out.
Speaker 3: We'll love that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about let's the Vikings in twenty seventeen lost to the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC Championship Game, and the Eagles have no motivation for this game against the Giants. The Eagles normally a death sentence for opposing quarterbacks, but the Eagles locked into the number two seed, they're gonna rest their starters. So let's try to find an Eagle that we could go with. Now, everybody knows to start my leak, neighbors, that's obvious. Last week, Drew Lock put up the sixth highest scoring all time Fantasy day for a quarterback. Four passing touchdowns, a rushing touchdown, three hundred passing yards. It was an insane day for Drew Lock. And you could go to him this week if he wanted to, But I can't do that because he just posted the sixth highest one, and it sounds like all I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Is repeating last week's box score.
Speaker 1: So let's go to the sneakier play of wan Dale Robinson in Drew lock starts, Robinson averaging eight targets and five catches, and in the last two games, Robinson has posted sixty two yards seventy one yards. The seventy one yard is tied for the most in any game this season. For Robinson, sixty two yards is the third most. So they've got a nice connection there and the Eagles secondary, it's gonna be filled with guys you've never heard of, like Eli Rix and Tristan McCullum and kee Lee Ringo. So we'll try Whendelle Robinson as our dart throw.
Speaker 4: What if Philly just signs Boston Scott for fun, just to bring God, wouldn't that be funny? And I was techn the series of the League. I don't think he was it Istpedia Boston Scott, Well says is an American football running back. Oh no, who is a free agent, so he's not on a team of course, and a professional Rocket League sports player.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Wow used to play Rocket League back at the League back in the offices. Yeah, I remember that with the good old days. But wow, let's go to our next game, which, oh I've got this one too, I think, Are you up next? No, I'm up next.
Speaker 1: It's the Kansas City Chiefs with no motivation against the Denver Broncos highly motivated Chiefs locked into the number one seed, Broncos are going to do or die situation in which they have to win and get help to get into the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Is a seven seed.
Speaker 1: For almost all of the season, the Broncos receiver room has been Courtland Sutton and then just a bunch of guys now Troy Flanklin and Von Veley and little Jordan Humphrey. But that's changed a bit down the stretch here for our dart throw player Marvin Mims, who has emerged from the pack and looks poised to be a sleeper next year. I bet we're talking about him in the offseason as a sleeper. He's coming off career highs in pretty much everything targets, receptions, touchdowns. Mims has had at least four targets in five straight games, which none of the other guys can say that. He's seen a target rate of over twenty seven percent. That is a big number in four the last five and the Chiefs aren't going to play any other starters on offense or defense. So yeah, there you go, Marvin Mims, somebody you could take a dart throw on in this game.
Speaker 3: Brian, I like it.
Speaker 4: Mims. People were highing him as a rookie last year, didn't come through. Then people were highing him going into this season. Didn't really come through until basically now. But the age old adage right, third year wide receiver breakout. So I like the plant your flag now and Marvin Mims, I like that call yep for next year and this week of course.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles Chargers are highly motivated to win and the Raiders have been mathematically eliminated.
Speaker 3: Since I don't know, Halloween, Brian, who can we look at here?
Speaker 4: So Chargers, yes, motivated, but there is a stipulation. Yes they can move up to number five, but if the Steelers win on Saturday, then then then the Chargers are locked in. Harbaugh Jim Harbaugh seems like a guy where he says he would play his starters regardless. I'm not I'm not buying that too much. So I don't know. I'm not really trusting any Chargers in this one. I feel like this, who do the the the Steelers play on Saturday? Sorry, they are the Steelers on the Steelers on Saturday.
Speaker 1: I've got the Bengals in a game the Bengals. That's both teams are highly motivated for that one, which is why we're not covering that game here. There isn't a motivation differential there.
Speaker 4: All Rightyeah, So I'm just I'm still looking at the Raiders side of things is I think they're they're gonna play to win. Antonio Peers likely on his way out, so he doesn't care about draft position. I think they they play to win, and he's not off the radar. It's not a reach, but I think Jacobe Myers is a guy you can lock into cash games. Those are popular in Week eighteen, you know, head to heads fifty to fifties and also GPPs. He needs ninety six yards to get to a thousand, so you know that's the great benchmark you want, Like, we're gonna get our guy one hundred yards in this game. Aiden O'Connell looks like he'll be the quarterback, so it's not gonna be Desmond ridd Early so Aidan O'Connell capable enough and Meyer's huge ceiling in a game that is likely, or the Chargers aren't too motivated. It's just a mash spot for Jacoby Myers. So I'm I'm all in, all in on him in DFS and anytime touchdown and I'll take his over and yardage. Jacoby Myers in for a big game. I'm not not financial advice, but as close to it as you can get.
Speaker 1: Miami Dolphins are highly motivated as they take on the Jets. Dolphins have everything to play for it. They need to get a win and some help to make the playoffs. The Jets mathematically eliminated in Week four. This game's dart throw player. Now let's see star cornerback Sauce Gardner's got a hamstring injury, may not play in this one. Jets secondary falling apart. Could Tyler Huntley actually be a fantasy helper?
Speaker 4: Maybe so.
Speaker 1: The Jets secondary was elite, but in the second half of the season. Since Week ten, New York allowing two hundred almost two hundred and fifty passing yards per game, one point six passing touchdowns per game. They've allowed seven passing They've allowed pass touchdowns in seven straight games. But here's the real kicker here, Brian. They've allowed five quarterback rushing touchdowns since Week ten. That's almost one per game. And Tyler Huntley, I mean, he's not a great passer, but dude can run. He's averages six rushes for thirty yards per game. He's started four games. He's running touchdowns twice in those four games. So yeah, I'm maybe there's a little something here with Tyler Huntley as a running contributor and maybe gets a touchdown or two. Maybe Sauce Gardner doesn't play, you can try Tyler Huntley as a dart throw I like it.
Speaker 4: I mean, like you said, outside chance Miami makes the playoffs. But in his head, I mean, Tyler Humtley is always playing for a job, right always. This is a great spot against the team that is a I don't know if you drafted teams that are checked out that the Jets are debatable as the first overall pick in that draft. Yeah, the New York Jets. Boy, oh boy, there's gonna be a Hulu show. You know, Hulu like retreads all these like sports stories like the one about the Clipper. There's gonna be a show about this season with Aaron Rodgers on Hulu within five years, or can I bet on that? I guarantee that's gonna happen. It's gonna be a very poorly cast Aaron Rodgers. I cannot wait to watch it. It's gonna be a great television. All right.
Speaker 1: I've got one more game for you between Sorry, I thought we were wrapping up game between two teams that have a motivation differential. Seattle no motivation beyond a pure normal motivation, Rams though, no motivation at all. They've said they're resting their starters, so McVeigh doesn't plan to use his guys. Let's see if we can find a sleeper in No never mind. Keath Walker's on ir, Zach Sharbona's too easy, also too easy, Jackson Smith and Jigba, who's been electric for two months, he's out. We're trying to find unique angles here.
Speaker 4: So I know it. I know it.
Speaker 3: What about back up running back Kenny.
Speaker 4: McIntosh, Yes, my wasted best ball pick from last year Kenny McIntosh zero points. Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 3: It was just like.
Speaker 4: For some reason I was Kenny, it was pre before the draft, like those are the most dangerous best ball drafts before the NFL draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well those are the most volatile, but those could be the best, right because they are if you guess right, you're way ahead of the curve.
Speaker 4: Yeah. For some reason, McIntosh bug got planted in my brain last pick for those. But anyway, I like him this week tell me more.
Speaker 3: All right, So Kenny McIntosh.
Speaker 1: Rams aren't playing to win Seattle Stakes an early lead. They're already down Kenneth Walker, so they protect Zach Sharbony by dialing back his usage and enter Kenny McIntosh, who's getting work anyway. He's averaging five yards per carry. Last week he posted season highs with seven carries forty six yards six point six yards per carry. And I just on a small sample size, Kenny McIntosh has looked pretty good. And normally i'd probably you away from runners against the Rams, but they're gonna have all their backups in and we're looking for some unique angles. Kenny McIntosh in a Week eighteen game could get some run and the Seahawks get to see what they got in that kid.
Speaker 4: I like it. I'm I am going to use Kenny McIntosh in DFS without a doubt. This is coming full circle for me.
Speaker 1: That's right, He's gonna pay off big one year later in week eighteen, Kenny McIntosh, you never know, where.
Speaker 3: Do you go to school?
Speaker 1: Do you remember?
Speaker 4: It was kind of a big school and it was just a I knew he wasn't like a bell cow back, but uh, let's Kenny Macintosh.
Speaker 3: Georgia, Georgia.
Speaker 1: Okay, Georgia, thank you.
Speaker 3: Actually we should have known that.
Speaker 4: George draft round seven. I remember it was more like a day three or round three or four, hope, and it was just like we got drafted, get drafted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank heavens all don't Maybe it would have worked out better for him if he hadn't gotten drafted and could have gone to the team of his choosing.
Speaker 3: Who knows, Maybe we've gotten more.
Speaker 4: Kenny McIntosh would have been time yards per carries starting freshman year, it was seven five point three, five point seven, five point five. I catch the ball, hit great college player.
Speaker 1: I owned a Macintosh computer back in the days. My college computer was a black and the black and the original Macintosh with the black and white nine inch black and white screen, smaller than most iPads today was the screen on the Macintosh then, and it was just black and white.
Speaker 4: But it had a mouse, and it had the It had.
Speaker 1: An operating system that was graphical instead of MS dots where you were typing in you know, everything you wanted to do. You could use your mouth and you could point and click and stuff.
Speaker 4: And I love my Mac.
Speaker 3: It had no hard drive.
Speaker 1: It was a single floppy.
Speaker 3: Macintosh.
Speaker 1: So the what you'd have to do is you'd have to load the operating system disc and turn on your computer and it would it would read the disc and that would take like two minutes or so to boot up, and it would read the disc and it's grinding away on the floppy disk. And then if you wanted to like execute a program, you had to eject the operating system disc and then put in your program disc. And eventually, now I wanted to get a hard drive.
Speaker 3: They had a hard drive for the Mac.
Speaker 1: It was twenty megabytes and it cost one thousand dollars for twenty megabytes. We download megabytes now in you know, like less than one second. That was the whole hard drive because it could hold like twenty floppy discs worth of information. And yeah, so eventually I got the It couldn't afford I could not afford one thousand dollars as as a starving student. But eventually I saved up enough money to get the second floppy drive so I could I didn't have to keep ejecting the operating system disc and I could have the operating system in and a program in separate disc drives.
Speaker 4: You know, it's wild. I guarantee you've taught some people. Listen, younger people listening to this podcast that MAC stands for Macintosh. I bet they had no idea that like macin Oh everybody knows that. Oh I don't think so, I don't know my quick my first memory, so I remember the Apple two gs. Remember that that was like I was in like grades. That was like the first computer. Yeah, I was in like third grade. Yeah, the late eighties and Apple two gs and you could con There was the Turtle and you'd program and you would like draw stuff, you know, like I'm using my hands only you can see me, but's like a star. And there was some like hack where you put some code in and you just go insane. It's a turtle whole screen. Yeah, like just go excribbly and like that was like the fun thing to do, is uh. That was our getting wild on the It wasn't even the Internet, of course in nineteen eighty eight, no time.
Speaker 3: Oh no.
Speaker 1: The Apple two GS was a big improvement over the Apple too, but it was ultimately a failure for Apple.
Speaker 4: There was.
Speaker 3: They ultimately did not sell.
Speaker 1: A lot of the two gs. And I think the g stood for graphics in the S. I don't know, super like graphics Comma super it was, but the graphics are way better on the Apple two GS. And as a gamer, I was very excited about those Apple two GS graphics.
Speaker 4: Those things are worth big money now, especially if you got the box. I love shows like that.
Speaker 3: That always amazes me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you got you got a Star Wars figuring, that's where ten bucks.
Speaker 3: You've got the box.
Speaker 1: That's worth a thousand dollars because nobody got to be in the box.
Speaker 3: Nobody.
Speaker 4: We didn't need the box, didn't need to go to school, just needed to buy some toys and keep him in the packaging and then set. Now I just you know, work pump gas until you're eighteen, and I'd be at a billionaire right now. It's all I needed to do.
Speaker 1: Isn't that funny how that works?
Speaker 4: And by if you shares an Apple, right, Well, that would have.
Speaker 3: Been the thing. Yes, by it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, funny you bring it up, it was forty years ago yesterday, that Apple was incorporated as a company. Wow, if I believe, I believe it was forty years ago. Well, no, it wasn't because it was nineteen seventy seven, so that would have been I don't know, maybe it's like thirty eight years ago today something like that. Apple would have yeah, just incorporated as a company. That would have been some good stock to get into back then.
Speaker 3: That done?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Was it all right?
Speaker 1: Although Jobs was an absolute ass. You know, everybody thinks of Jobs is like this visionary founder. Everybody hated. Everybody hated Steve Jobs.
Speaker 4: I will I think he's he owns the clippers now. I think he's one of the owners that have loughd the prices on.
Speaker 3: Oh yea, yeah, that's my Microsoft. You're close. That's that's the Microsoft.
Speaker 4: B This POD's gone on too long.
Speaker 1: Probably and nobody's listening at this point except.
Speaker 3: We're just chatting.
Speaker 4: Well, we got to throw a hashtag out there now, and really do we have to? Yeah? Okay, this is a this is a this is an epic babble. Here, we're going deep.
Speaker 3: What's the hashtag you on? Apple?
Speaker 1: Two gs Mac Macintosh, Mac attack, big mac.
Speaker 4: Attack, Big mac attack, basically anything mac mac.
Speaker 1: Well, let's just go Macintosh and also answer whether or not you knew that Max stood for Macintosh. I think everybody knows that Mac came from Macintosh.
Speaker 3: But we'll find out.
Speaker 4: I don't know, like it's like, twenty three year old is gonna be like, oh, this is I got a new Macintosh book. They just know Max.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe you might be right, they might just know I got my iMac or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, God, bless the youth ignorance.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks my man, it was fun catching up with you again. We'll be back next week. We'll break down the wild card gain similar stuff, and we're gonna be looking for unique angles from the wild card action next week. Hopefully the Vikings will not be a team that will be discussing next week.
Speaker 4: No, hopefully not.
Speaker 3: Hopefully not.
Speaker 4: Sam MVP Push ain't over.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not over quite yet. I'll tell you it.
Speaker 1: If Sam comes up gigantic in this game, he still got a chance to win it, because you're gonna be looking at a at a fifteen win Viking team led by Sam Darnold, and he's coming off a five touchdown performance against the Lions.
Speaker 4: Who knows, maybe it's pretty. And you know, what should be the primary factor or one of the primary criteria whatever should be salary And we're not getting into like, yeah, Sam Donald is getting paid a pittance compared to what Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson make. So how valuable is.
Speaker 1: That they're bringing value? Sam is bringing cap releaf to his team that Lamar Jackson is not back.
Speaker 4: To that vote please, my last last push, all right, process was.
Speaker 3: Right, Process was right. Thank you for listening, everybody. We'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 1: Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.