Speaker 1: First Day to follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Greg is on the phone today for our first Day follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Joyce. So we're about to call her and see if she tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him a second date. But first, Greg, how long has it been since you were from joy Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, it's been like a almost two weeks.
Speaker 4: Ooh, I know, I know. I'm trying to figure this out. I don't know what happened. I feel like we had a good time.
Speaker 1: What was the last thing she said to you?
Speaker 4: The last thing she said to me? Well, we were at in the bar. I don't know. We had like a whole great date.
Speaker 3: It's just like I felt like she all of a sudden disappeared on me, and so I was the one who reached out to her of her text trying to figure out where she went, and I just haven't heard back.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so good. Tell us about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I mean I feel like I should tell you what happened first, because we ended up having a good date.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like it was just some.
Speaker 3: Random little fling, like we went out, got like these burritos from a food truck, ended up walking around like doing karaoke, Like I don't know, Joy's kind of my dream.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 3: She was like spontaneous. She's got like this I don't know, mischievous energy. I don't know, Like I don't want to call her mischievous, but like that's.
Speaker 4: The best way I can come up with.
Speaker 3: She's gorgeous, like we ended up kissing and all this good stuff, like she could challenge me. But yeah, it was so weird when we when we got to this, when we got to the bar, she just I went to the bathroom and when I came back, she was gone, did something happen?
Speaker 4: I'm trying to figure that out, Like I've been playing the date over and over in my head.
Speaker 3: And we ended up getting into this argument about the hot sauces that we were kidding with our burritos, Like she got this nasty she got this nasty hot sauce. It was like those fivejlapeno or five chili whatever, like the hospital.
Speaker 4: You could get. It was like you are what are you doing? And she's like, oh, I'm tough as nails. I was like, oh okay, you're gonna regret that.
Speaker 3: I thought she was just like putting on a play Like I thought she was just like playing around, and I called it such like a basic move, and she just kind of like paused for a minute.
Speaker 2: Was like, okay, m yeah, maybe the word basic might have hit harder than you wanted it to.
Speaker 4: Well, that's that's what I'm worried about.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm just so freaked out that, you know, because we were being so playful and like just kind of play teasing back and forth.
Speaker 4: But like I don't want her to think.
Speaker 3: I don't want her thinking that I think that she active is basic, Like I don't know. I was just trying to rather her back in the same way that she was rising me. But it was like that moment just keeps playing it over and over in my head, and I'm just so worried he actually think that.
Speaker 1: You're trying to rap her back like she was rasing you.
Speaker 5: Joking, Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: Did she say anything after that? Did she seem weird after that?
Speaker 3: I mean, just like that that moment where her face went kind of slack, John when I called her like such a basic one.
Speaker 4: Well, no, that's not the thing though. I didn't call her basic. I just said, that's such like a basic thing to do, try and show that you're all tough.
Speaker 5: And so I don't know, well, had you guys had a couple drinks at that point, because sometimes people get a little sensey poo, you know, so maybe that could be part of it, Like you came off a little bit more harsh, and then she was being a little sensitive, and then you can't take back the fact that you just bounced on somebody.
Speaker 3: Oh god, well yeah, now that's all I'm going to think about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so of course.
Speaker 1: Okay, And you haven't heard anything from her since your date.
Speaker 3: No, it's been, like I said, like a week and a half, two weeks, and it feels like.
Speaker 4: So much longer than that.
Speaker 3: And I texted her a couple of times, like I said, Hey, you doing okay, and then I like she didn't respond, And then I feel so silly because I texted her again afterwards, telling you exactly what I'm telling her, exactly what I'm telling you, like I apologize for calling her base when she never said, like that's what's bothering me. And so I have like three on read texsh no row from me and I'm just feeling like, I don't know, I just feel so dumb. I just feel so dumb, Like I went to the bathroom, she's gone, and now she's not responding to my text, and I'm just like, how.
Speaker 4: Did I mess this up?
Speaker 1: All Right, we'll see if we can figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: Then we'll play a song come Back Brutal, call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and maybe get you a second date.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, thanks guy.
Speaker 2: All Right, we'll get your first Day follow up right after this. If you're just joining us for today's First Day follow up. Greg is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Joy So we're about to call her. That sounds sad, he's getting ghosted by Joy.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 2: We're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him a second date. But before we do that, Greg, why don't you recap your date for us real quick?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I mean, I mean, like I was saying, the date was great.
Speaker 6: We went out for burritos and then we went out did some karaoke and I wasn't seen too well, but we ended up going to a bar afterwards, and I made a joke about calling her Burrito Choice basic and then she just ditched.
Speaker 4: Me at the bar when I went to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: All right, are you ready for us to call her?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I'm gonna to sit down for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Hello, Hi, I'm asking the joy please?
Speaker 1: Hey, Joy? How are you? This is a radio show. It's called The Jebel Show? Hi Joy? I mean Hi, I'm Victoria and my name is Jebel.
Speaker 6: Was up?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 7: Hi? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Not much? Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 8: I have?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, well have you ever heard Have you ever heard a first Date follow up before?
Speaker 7: Yes? I have?
Speaker 1: Sweet.
Speaker 2: So that's the segment where if you're ghosting somebody, they can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, So we got an email about you from somebody you ghosts Enjoy.
Speaker 1: Who Greg Ringwell?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm definitely.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I'm ghosting him.
Speaker 1: Yes, Well, why do you mind telling us why he ditched me? What I ditched?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 8: She said he was going to run to the bathroom and then he never came back. Wait, what I waited like fifteen minutes, and I was like, I thought I'd been shut up, and then like Emmy had just kissed so I thought maybe it was that, and so I laughed.
Speaker 1: Did you text him or anything to see if he was okay?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: Why would I.
Speaker 8: I wasn't going to text the guy who like irish by me after he kissed me, So I just like message received, you know, and I just laughed.
Speaker 1: But like, what if he was really in the bathroom and he needed a minute?
Speaker 7: I gave him fifteen minutes.
Speaker 8: It's like an eternity when you're just standing at a him.
Speaker 4: Can I hop in here? Can I hop in here? Mind? Hey? Joy? Hi Joy? I was in the bathroom line. That line was like a mile long. You saw it. And then I don't know, I.
Speaker 3: Got like pulled into this dumb conversation with a guy about Journey. He was saying like Journey was overrated, and I came back and then you were gone. I thought, I honestly thought you were upset about what I was saying about, like the hot sauce and stuff.
Speaker 8: Okay, if you're telling me my big romantic first date ended because you got trapped in a debate about journey.
Speaker 4: Don't obsess about that, Are you kidding me? I mean I was gone for like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 8: Well fifteen minutes is like a really long time to wait when you're by yourself, Like, and what was I supposed to do? Like go send out a search party to the men's room, Like I couldn't go in there, and.
Speaker 4: Chell, you shouldn't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should have sent out a search party. I think that's exactly a great idea. You know, knock on every stall door and says Gregan. There, I'm trying to find my date right now. He seems really good karaoke. Maybe you know him?
Speaker 8: Oh god, I mean I'm surprised people weren't avoiding you because of that.
Speaker 3: You butchered that karaoke? What no, No, I did not I don't have a bad scene. What's what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 8: Not to be like a juggle, though you did like leave me for like some sort of conversation in the bathroom. So I feel like it's I'm entitled to it, but like you were not good like I thought. I kind of thought you were doing it on purpose, like to be funny.
Speaker 3: It's it's karaoke. You don't have to be perfect. Oh don't worry, you were Oh my.
Speaker 4: God, are you being serious right now? I really can't tell if you're joking anymore. I really can't tell if you're using.
Speaker 8: I mean, you left me alone in this a yokey bar, and then like now you're calling me on the radio.
Speaker 7: It's all just a little like not how I expected my morning to go.
Speaker 4: It's like, Okay, first of all, I didn't leave you. You left me.
Speaker 3: Okay, you left me while I was using the facilities. And first of all, get your ears check. I sound amazing. I don't know where this is coming from.
Speaker 8: I think this kind of goes with the like the fact that you think burritos are better than tacos, Like I feel like maybe we have like bear.
Speaker 4: Because they all because they are. Don't even try and switch the don't even try and switch the topic to that. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, you and.
Speaker 4: Sorry, don't don't call me. Oh my god, what did you just call me?
Speaker 7: I called you bo boy? Did you ditch me in the middle of our date? We kissed and then you were.
Speaker 3: Just gone, like stop saying your dishy because I had to take a.
Speaker 5: Jesus again.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I haven't forget that I would have to act used the facility somewhere. You're going to What would happen if I'm gone for more than fifteen minutes?
Speaker 4: You're going to call the police?
Speaker 7: Well, no, I guess.
Speaker 4: I mean I don't know.
Speaker 7: I thought you left me.
Speaker 4: What kind of abandonment issues do you have if you think that I can't leave?
Speaker 7: Here we go?
Speaker 1: Here we go?
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 8: Number one, men's rooms never have lines, and number two, like, so I left.
Speaker 7: You could have texted and I'm like, oh my god, the line is so long.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. I could have texted I get what don't know? Don't no, no, no no no no no no, do not.
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 8: I had to like like, no, you were not looking for me all night?
Speaker 7: Please? You could have called me. If you've been worried about where I went.
Speaker 8: When you got back from the bathroom, you could have called me and I would have told you I'm in an uber. I thought you distion me, but you didn't do that. You waited until like midday.
Speaker 4: But now you're going to use the bathroom. Oh my god, I love how you leaving is my fault? This is ridiculous. Do you hear this, guys, She's saying that because she left, it's my fault the date ended. I mean I couldn't even want to stretch up with me.
Speaker 7: I was not going into the man's room. I'm really sorry that.
Speaker 1: Earlier joy. Would you like another day with Craig? Will pay for it?
Speaker 8: I mean no, I don't understand, like why he even called me, just like great me on the radio, Like, this is insane.
Speaker 4: I'll get out this happen well yourself? What is this? I feel like I'm talking.
Speaker 3: To an entirely different person. We had a great date and you're spinning it out and this is disgusting behavior.
Speaker 4: You know what. I'm glad. I don't want this. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 7: Cool, great, great talk, thanks for calling.
Speaker 4: You know what, It's fine.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to go out with a basic like you anyway.
Speaker 4: Get racked whoa
Speaker 7: Juble's first date follow up