Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in Podcast, one of them productions iHeart Radio, iHeart Media, iHeart Podcast joined by my Skeleton crew. Today we are minus Tara Sued and Danielle. It's a crushing blow, but the good news is Susanne French is here. Amy Show.
Speaker 3: You're going to go to a wedding. Daniel had to go to a wedding, and Tara I think has an appointment for her broken foot. I think she has physical therapy on her foot.
Speaker 1: Hmm, well, I uh.
Speaker 3: Man, did you get a little bit of a cold, Scott? I felt the other day when you called me.
Speaker 1: I was under the weather for a couple of days, and uh battled through it and now I'm just now I'm just a bit stuffy.
Speaker 3: Did you give it to the family?
Speaker 1: No, No, Nick gave it to me.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's how usually, And I didn't.
Speaker 1: Care, and I wanted it and nothing was gonna stop.
Speaker 3: Have a community of colds all summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's like, you know, everyone is kidding me. We don't care. Cold's not going to slow us down. We're playing around the pool all day kidding me.
Speaker 3: Come back, Are you having a heat wave? Huh?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't call it a heat wave, not yet. I think this weekend it's going to be in the nineties time this airs.
Speaker 3: We will just be pasted the heatwave.
Speaker 1: You guys are suffering up there, aren't you.
Speaker 3: We're having one. We don't have it yet, but this Saturday is supposed to be. So we're taping this on Thursday, guys, just so you know. So this Saturday, I think it's going to be hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's going to be hot Saturday. But I mean, you know, in the Midwest, on the northeastern part of the United States, it's just getting wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that, be really careful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: It's a swim team. You don't do swim team as much down there as we do up here, and it's going to be a hot meat on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what, there's not a lot of swim team down here.
Speaker 3: Weird considering LA is so like water polo.
Speaker 1: I think they do it in Mission Viejo, but I think they do it in San Diego. I don't think they don't do it around.
Speaker 3: All teams are like huge in Northern California.
Speaker 1: I miss swim team.
Speaker 3: There was like five hundred people at the swimming last night.
Speaker 1: Do you know at the US national qualifying for the Olympics right now going on, there are three swimmers from my hometown and from my swim club.
Speaker 3: Three very random even though Luke can't swim, can you?
Speaker 1: Before?
Speaker 4: I was a.
Speaker 1: Champion breaststroker by the time I was ten.
Speaker 3: How's your butterfly?
Speaker 1: Butterfly got stronger as I got Yeah, it's tough. I was a freestyle. My sister was a beautiful freestyler because she she was she was double jointed in me.
Speaker 3: She tall like you.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm the only tall one in the family. Yeah, everybody's like five two, five to three.
Speaker 3: I saw a cue clip going viral of you and Lauren. I don't know why this is like everywhere right now, but it was the one where she got a new car, and she says, you made fun of her cars back in the day.
Speaker 1: She looks. She pulled up to the studio once in a tiny, little used Porsche.
Speaker 3: Oh that sounds kind of right.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, And I said to her, you cannot drive something like that. First of all, it has a horrible suspension, So you're gonna have hemorrhoids half the time. And second of all, if you get in a rack, you know you're not going to be available because you need you know, these huge cars on the road, all these SUVs said you got to get an suv. It was very concerned.
Speaker 3: Did she ever get one?
Speaker 1: I don't think she listen to me, but you know she did. She patted me on the head, gave me a coocaine. I went away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she said, coffee, coffee, coffee. Okay, Well, here we go, the three of us, and we do have producer Jackie that may chime in if we need her.
Speaker 1: So we've got we've got season seven, episode fourteen.
Speaker 3: Pet, well, my pet or Michelle.
Speaker 2: I'm sad that Danielle's not here because she was concerned and when you're right when we teased this week's episode that it was going to be paul Anka. So I hope that she still watched the episode and she she will yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I'm just gonna say right now, I enjoyed this episode immensely. I was laughing. I was laughing until I cried, and.
Speaker 3: I did get a little emotional.
Speaker 1: For I did too, sort of a mess. I got emotional for her, I got emotional for Michelle. Yeah. Yeah, it's a pretty strong episode. I got agree.
Speaker 3: That was the reason season seven kind of gets a bad rap is just because of the first few episodes feel off, and then it really gets its groove and it's like very Gilmoury's so right.
Speaker 1: You got to get through that sandbar that is christ and then then the tide can begin flowing on.
Speaker 3: The new team had to get their sea legs. Like that's what I think.
Speaker 1: But I think it was some of the funniest stuff, really great stuff, and a very very strong episode for Lauren. I mean, she just killed it all. Yeah, And I thought ur Alexis was great her reactions to the tag. I know.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about the crush a lot.
Speaker 1: It's really well done.
Speaker 2: Should do the.
Speaker 1: Synopsis synopsisizations brought to you by Suzanne French of French Industries International.
Speaker 3: Just kidding, I was trying to get us a question.
Speaker 2: I don't know where that came from, but okay. Richard is on the road to recovery and Rory returns to Yale, where she meets a young ta who gets her flustered. Laurel and Christopher finally realized their marriage isn't working. Meanwhile, Michelle holds a dog funeral for Chinchin at the Dragonfly in all great, I mean.
Speaker 3: Well great, yeah, all very great. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought a great opening as well. Oh, Kit, that opening encompassed everything about Gilmour. It was the family was together, it was jolly, Uh, everybody was themselves. Emily was so this is that the hospital? Yeah around.
Speaker 2: I loved that Richard participated in laurelized little skit that she was doing.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I just that was so refreshing to see it because usually you know, they're they're just very straight laced.
Speaker 3: But possible to not get a ten out of ten when we have the core four, do you know what I mean? Yeah, no offense to you, Scott Slash Luke, You're you're great when you're in there too.
Speaker 1: But like I'm not needed, let's face it.
Speaker 3: Emily, Richard, Alex sorry, Rory, Rory, Lorelei is like they it just jives. Yeah, you know, it takes us back to some of the best scenes in the whole series. So yeah, I like the open, and it's so nice to know he's doing well and it's like we're all you know, giggling instead of crying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did laugh when Emily made some comment about the the flowers that she liked best were the ones that Christopher sent because they were so bright and colorful, And I thought to myself, you know what, I bet those came from Christopher's mom. Like I have trouble picture.
Speaker 1: He gets no credit, doesn't he just weird? I was like, credit awkward?
Speaker 3: Okay, so then what okay?
Speaker 2: So we go to the Dragonfly and this is where we find out that the dog pass way Chin Chin. I get Papa on Chinchin confused, but paup Paul was in the scene. Chin Chin is the one that passed away. Laurel I makes the friendly suggestion you should have a memorial service, and Michelle says, okay, can you do it by tomorrow?
Speaker 1: It'll be me Yeah, exactly, yeah, but you know what.
Speaker 2: The two of them kind of didn't know how to react to him. They're like, oh, sorry to hear that.
Speaker 3: Are you going to say?
Speaker 1: It was the introduction of a storyline that bore a lot of fruit at the at the end of it. Immediately it was a little bit annoying. Through it, there was some funny stuff through it, but man, it really paid off. At the end of that narrative.
Speaker 3: I totally agree with you. And right when you realize what's happening, I was sort of like, oh, yeah, okay, it's very like, Okay, this is gonna be kind of sad but funny. It's gonna have fodder for me. I can't wait to talk about the dogs. The dogs just sitting in.
Speaker 2: The and we haven't had a good Michelle storyline for a while. Like, it was good to see some meat there.
Speaker 3: I even loved the record store, but we'll get to that.
Speaker 1: Okay. The record store was, Oh my god, it's so good.
Speaker 2: And when he said that that Paul, Paul was very upset about the situation, and they cut to just a face shot of the dog and he's just looking at.
Speaker 3: The Okay, great casting of all the dogs in this episode, because there are some great dog faces, a great dog face acting happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we had that was a good Like, you guys know, I love the town, so it was good to have a good town scene there. And then we go to Paris and Rory's apartment and they're catching up about the grandfather's situation and everything that Paris has been doing.
Speaker 3: I had on the that was the.
Speaker 1: August scene that seems seemed to go on and on and on and on. Yeah, and without we get.
Speaker 3: The moment right where Paris sort of says, we've tamed them. Yeah, you know these boys really yeah, And it's kind of like that becomes important later.
Speaker 2: It was a long lead up to that, though, like there was really was. She had to open the box.
Speaker 1: Right when she finally said that, I said, boy, they could have cut out ten minutes and just gotten to that a little quicker.
Speaker 3: This is the gift for logan that leads to the yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then Paris was going on about beta blockers and all that kind of stuff, which she actually was correct, but we didn't need to have that in although I did laugh that she went to a frat party and then wrote a summary of it for Rory.
Speaker 3: That was classic trying to sort of a commish her college bucket list is actually amusing. It actually is, like it's not irritating, it's funny.
Speaker 2: It was just so Paris to me to write up a summary of a frat party and there's no you know, they.
Speaker 3: Seem to sort of be getting along great and she's Paris has really found her, Like, she's not quite as annoying. Yeah, he's sort of cool in a way, in a weird, peculiar way, in her weird way anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rory seemed upset, or maybe not upset, but disappointed when Paris made the comment that you broke him, you own him. So she didn't seem happy about that.
Speaker 3: No, because it's an uncomfortable thing, like you don't want to feel like you you pamed your guy and forced him to like you and be different. Like I got why. She was like, oh, that's not what I wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it means that you're in a settled relationship, a settled, committed relationship. Practice play with children, right, because at.
Speaker 3: That point, aymore dot, it is like changing Logan, and that's never what she wanted to do.
Speaker 2: Well, but she did. I mean, Paris wasn't wrong.
Speaker 3: Oh none, neither are wrong. Paris is right, but also Rory's right to sort of feel funny about it because she wanted Logan to be Logan, but to be committed to her. I don't know that she's ever expected Logan to suddenly be somebody totally different. She likes him, she wants him to be him. But I think, yeah, I just think it's a little jarring for her to think like you tamed him, like you could kick him and he won't go run.
Speaker 1: She doesn't. She doesn't. She doesn't want all the power. You know.
Speaker 3: That's right. That's exactly right. There you go, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's it.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm. So I thought her portrayal of being kind of uh yeah, yeah, was what we wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see that. I guess Paris. I don't think she necessarily meant it in a negative way, though.
Speaker 3: Well, Paris is proud of it. She's stopd Paris is like I tamed that. First of all, she's comparing Doyle to Logan, which is just like, well, yeah, they tamed these guys, and it's like cool apples oranges. But hm, but she's talking about how Doyle's in bed thinking of baby names, and she's like happy about it, whereas Rory's like not so sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's he definitely changed away from you know, his philandering way. I mean, filandering is not the right word. I'm having trouble with vocabulary.
Speaker 3: He was he was a cheating cat and around dude.
Speaker 2: And but he he changed for her. I mean so that I don't know. That's just is a good thing.
Speaker 1: So I it.
Speaker 2: Seems in a positive way, but Rory took it in a negative way. So that's all I'm.
Speaker 1: But I think there's there's so up this Logan Roy relationship as as a potential lifelong relationship. It's the potential. Yeah, you know, this is a serious relationship and this could potentially.
Speaker 3: Soil in Paris, which we do eventually find out what happens with them, yeah, thing, which is also a critique of a book. People are now also don't know if they want us to call it movies or mini series, but it seems that they're okay with movies. Scott, what would what did they call them when you did them? Movies?
Speaker 1: Episodes? Okay, they always wanted to call them episodes for some reason and not movies, but they were movies. They were hour and a half movies out commercial interruption.
Speaker 2: I mean on Netflix they're called episodes.
Speaker 3: So maybe so the people are right yelling at me about calling them movies. To me, they're movies for movies, but you know, okay.
Speaker 1: They are feature length of romantic comedy films.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they for to keep everyone happy, we'll call them.
Speaker 1: For all intents and purpose. But there are episodes as well, and I think, so, yeah, we do very long episodes.
Speaker 3: What happens with Paris and Doyle, But we won't get into that right now.
Speaker 2: So then it goes back to the Dragonfly and this is where Christopher shows up.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I had some I had a bone to pick with Christopher on this scene.
Speaker 3: Give it yeah, I think it's so.
Speaker 2: He comes yeah, well the first that first, but he comes in and is he's defensive from the get go, and he's basically I needed space Lorelei, which was ridiculous because she told him in the beginning she needed time to kind of get used to the whole thing, and he said okay, and then he pushed, pushed, pushed her into getting married and wanting to have kids and blah blah blah. So he's you're married, you have to give her time, but she's expected to give him time.
Speaker 1: I had a.
Speaker 3: Paye're married, you'll get to just disappear. Yeah, but he do what.
Speaker 1: He did as a rocketn't he that guy? That's the kind of thing you want to hang your hat on.
Speaker 2: And she nailed it when she said I wasn't surprised that you weren't there. And he's like, that's not fair. I'm like what you know, I even said to my hazar, I'm like, well, but it's true, Like it's.
Speaker 1: Not it's just right. It's not unfair that.
Speaker 3: He should have just shown up at her work. That's challenging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's acting like he plays the victim very very well, like I'm being whipsawed in between you and your life and your emotions and Luke and all of this, and I can't.
Speaker 3: Hit play the victim.
Speaker 1: He really does. He always turns it back on him. It's about him all the time and his feelings. It's uncomfortable to watch, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he is uncomfortable to have to.
Speaker 1: Manage this guy, right, he's really he's a he's a full time job.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And he's trying to say, well, you know, he wasn't there because he didn't want to see Luke. I mean that's completely yes.
Speaker 3: Like that's so amazing.
Speaker 2: You don't worry about that when you have a family price at all.
Speaker 3: So really, a full total of ten minutes right out of like days and hours what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just beyond the pale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and about the work thing, it just shows that like again, everything is on his timeline what works for him, and it doesn't like occur to him that you know, maybe Lorelai is, you know, working when she's at work, maybe she doesn't want to talk to you at work. But it's like he wanted to go right then, so he didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to treat it in in the diner as not workplaces, do you know what I'm saying? Like they are, of course, but like everybody just goes into the diner and you know, here's my baby, like, here's my drama say thing at the like, oh, well, I know you're working, but you must have all the time in the world to deal with my problems, you know whatever, Paris haven't lunch. The whole thing.
Speaker 1: It's really but I will say, expertly played by David Suckcliffe. I mean he really really commits to that. You really feel these feelings towards that character. That's because he's he's.
Speaker 3: Always played that guy. Really, am I right?
Speaker 1: Like he's really good? Yeah, he really is. Yeah, he's really skilled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought I thought he did a good job in this episode.
Speaker 1: I mean, geez, he doesn't shy away from the job that he knows that he has to do to contribute to this storytelling.
Speaker 3: And it's just her, She's just Lauren Graham is.
Speaker 1: Like, oh yeah, I mean just she's in every scene and she's crushing it every single scene, every scene. You know what tiring that is, you know, exult you know what's focus and concentration that takes. It's it's exhausting. Here is that her calling? Did you are you actually?
Speaker 2: I mean Scott Sullivan's crossing must be like that too, right, because Sully it has a lot of emotions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm not in every scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm not carrying that thing. The lead is like really, you know, to be the lead on Gilmour Girls is to She's practically in every scene. They were practically in every scene. Those two yeahs.
Speaker 3: Are like three times what a normal.
Speaker 1: Right, And it was exhausting. It's the amount of focus and endurance that that took to get through a to get through a day, much less a week or a month or an entire season.
Speaker 3: It's just, oh my god, were you like exhausted when you came home? Like would you just like crash, yes, yeah, and did anyone now.
Speaker 1: On this episode, I just had to show up and wave so I hate But.
Speaker 3: And then did you ever nap in your trailer? I would think people would have to like lay down and take a little nap. Yet, oh yeah, because it's like so gnarly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would often fall asleep with food in my mouth, which is not as.
Speaker 3: Long as it's not gum.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always like spear gum out before you sleep.
Speaker 1: She was like a couple of French fries hanging out of my mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So then what happened?
Speaker 2: So after the so they argue with the dragonfly, and then the very next scene, Laura I turns around and is defending Christopher when she's talking to Rory on the phone.
Speaker 3: Oh, she just can't. She's not going to throw the dad under the bus.
Speaker 1: And I respect it.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know what, She's just always going to protect her dad no matter what, and she's been doing it since he didn't show up. So yeah, I get it. I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: I mean, but at the same time, like Rory is twenty two now, she can.
Speaker 3: Still the kid's going on. I don't care when you're fifty. You should not throw the other parent under the bus. It's just like, let's not be doing that. And I'm all for team Laura on that most of the time does take the high road.
Speaker 1: Classy move, class move, Yeah, yeah, you don't. You don't pollute your kid with that stuff. Parents should not do that.
Speaker 2: And so this is when we meet the Ta. So she walks in. I thought this, this was a little over the top that.
Speaker 1: I think, good, so good.
Speaker 3: Dorky and doopy. And my thing is like, the Ta is great, but is he warranting all that? Yeah, I mean it's a funny.
Speaker 1: Bit, but why not, I mean, why not?
Speaker 3: And she's like, yeah, you know, yeah, it's a funny sort of lever bit that we've never really seen Rory that much before. We've little bit where she's mixed, but like it's cute.
Speaker 1: She acted that beautifully instant attraction, instant gobsmacked, just great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just actively goofy, dorky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, loved it.
Speaker 4: Loved it.
Speaker 1: And then and then and then and then and then and then Paris comes around the corner and tries to tell her something. She said, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Sort of not quite as good as I carried a watermelon. Do you guys know I carried a watermelon? Okay, So in Dirty Dancing, when Baby meets Patrick Swayzee for the first really meets him for the first time, she comes to a party with like his cousin or something. Somehow she gets into this party that's really just the staff at Dirty Dancing, and she He's like, how'd you get in here? And she's like, I carried a watermelon and she's literally like like anyone who's seen it knows that's exactly what Rory's doing. Like right after she's just like, oh my god, like it just deliver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good stuff.
Speaker 2: And then one little side thing I laughed at in that episode was or in that scene, was when Rory made a comment I'm sorry, Laura. I made a comment about how she doesn't know how to program her speed dial something like that, but then she had programmed Luke's speed dial back in sixth and seasonally.
Speaker 1: Will issue the appropriate I know.
Speaker 2: I can't help it. Somebody said I was too nitpicky, but.
Speaker 3: We live for that.
Speaker 1: We live and we will, we will, we will assign penalties with interest.
Speaker 2: It's just how I am. You can ask my family. So then we go to Laurea Liy's house and Christopher is in the house, which I thought was interesting. And did you notice.
Speaker 3: Wolf girl that I actually I did, I did, I did. Good guy girl was sitting there in that weird basket kind of right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like a bath always.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I sort of expected him to be there and this is his house sort of right.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, I mean I guess technically he does still live there.
Speaker 3: It's true. I don't think she's fully thinks they're over, so yeah, And this is then he tells her he got in the fight with Luke at the gazebo, so kind of random. I'm glad we sort of acknowledged it, but like we would have kept that to myself father, I know. I was like, why Father.
Speaker 2: Really served him to mention that to her? No, I agree, And this is where he finally admits that he pushed her into marriage. So that was a turning point for me, is that he's finally admitting that he was kind of the aggressor in this situation.
Speaker 3: And she went along with it. I don't blame him for that. I don't blame him for like he wanted it, so he pushed for it, and she did it. I'm not going to blame him for her doing it.
Speaker 1: She did it. He did it out of desperation, mask as.
Speaker 3: She was a strong woman who could have been like this is way too soon. No, well, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: To some extent, but she did tell him in Paris that she didn't want to get married without Rory.
Speaker 3: Then she did it.
Speaker 2: She was in a vulnerable moment, she was not handcuffed.
Speaker 3: She did it.
Speaker 1: He was shooting, he was shooting his shot, and she did it.
Speaker 3: So I took Yeah, ultimately that's not on him, but you know, there's a lot on him, but that one. I'm like, what, she did it?
Speaker 1: All right? So he said, kits, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's making me think of the line. Don't let me forget to really talk about the line, she says at the end, because I want to talk about that, but anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 2: So then they go from kind of the arguing scene where now she's trying to convince him that they can work it out because he's he says, I don't think this can work. I that didn't feel genuine to me when she was trying to convince him that they can work this out. I don't know why it didn't really read true.
Speaker 1: It didn't feel genuine for me what he was saying to her, Thank you, Scott. I told thought he was being manipulated. I thought he was being manipulative. I totally agree that's that's a victim mentality right there.
Speaker 3: I agree. It's like, this guy, this is all you wanted, this is all you've ever wanted. Now you have it, and you're throwing in the towel like so easily, even though she's there saying we can work this out, like he should be like all right, let's try. Like I don't get it. I don't find him to be I find him to be like now I feel like, okay, hurry up, let's get rid of this guy. That's a little bit how I feel like, Okay, yeah, on your episode, we've had this storyline. Let's get you out of here. It's just labor.
Speaker 1: It's like getting too whimpy for words. It's like, yeah, okay, go away, you know with this Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And so then he decides to go back to his mom's, which I mean, if you want to try to work things out, you would stay there.
Speaker 3: And he's just so like giving up, which is just doesn't track whatever okay, fine, bye Christopher. You know I'm kind of done with you too. Yeah, thanks for coming.
Speaker 2: So the next scene, I I wasn't a fan of this scene. Michelle was really mad at Laura Lai because they hadn't done enough work on the funeral in his opinion, and the way he screamed at her, I didn't like caustic.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, wait was this at the front desk? Yes, when she snapped at him and said, listen, I got a lot going on in yeah, I laughed so hard. When he's his I had one hit one of the greatest lines. He got very quiet, and he said, I will try to plan the next death so it's more convenient for you. I mean, it was just I thought the scene was like it was a little cliched. I've seen that scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you've seen the.
Speaker 1: Scene a million times before. But it just them, those two doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one could be that mad at somebody that's sort of trying to do them a favor like he. But but it is a little bit Michelle wish.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute, in his world, that's not just as that's his child. That does right, that's a big deal. You know, that's a big deal and he wants to take it there. So I got the anger. I didn't mind the anger. He just because he needed that anger to deliver that line to he needed they needed the anger so she would snap at him so he could say the line, I've seen it.
Speaker 3: With Suki and Lorelia. That's coming.
Speaker 2: That's that's two scenes away.
Speaker 1: So funny, that's the red meat I want from Michelle. Yah. Yeah, great, just turning great lines like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that like to get to that, the delivery of that line. Yes, But I just thought he was just a little I don't know his anger level. I guess I just didn't. I mean, you're giving this person less than twenty four hours to put together a funeral, and you're upset that they're not doing it fast enough.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't blame him. He's in a state of mourning. This is his quote unquote family. His child has died. He wants sympathy and action and love and support, and he didn't feel like he was getting it. I think from his point of view, it's all justified. You know, maybe yeah, we we he thinks so, of course, right right. So that's what I love about it because he just let himself go, right. He wasn't yi, there wasn't judging that he was in a uh, you know, a dramedy or he wasn't in some kind of show, and you know, and so he had to he had to restrain himself.
Speaker 4: A little bit.
Speaker 1: He just went there, you know. And that's what makes the show so great because people just go there. You know, it kind of breaks out of what you think it might be this idyllic, sweet little shell, and things can get intense once in a while, which and I'm not mad about that, you know. Love that. Love that ye love that scene. Love that scene.
Speaker 2: Then we go to the bookstore, bookstore or library. I'm not sure. I thought they were at the bookstore.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: This is where they Rory Robrary.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's the library because it's really like the Dewey decimal system. It's kind of mentioned. I think they're at one of the Yale libraries.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I thought she was getting her books for the for the that's a little correct.
Speaker 3: It's a little blurry because she's looking for a certain book and then they're all out of order. Yeah, it felt more like a library.
Speaker 1: There was a bookstore next to the library.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the bookstore is near the library, so it could be kind of a flowing situation. But yes, I know exactly what we're talking about. It was looking for that book. And then we see the Ta again and then yeah, then we.
Speaker 2: See the Ta. There's more like gigly teenagers just done by that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then she goes back to Paris with the grin and like Paris is like what is right?
Speaker 2: And she wasn't listening to what Paris was saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 3: Funny, all cute and good. Yeah, I mean it's sort of a Rando storyline, but like cute, fine, yeah.
Speaker 4: He was cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sort of leads to an interesting conversation with Logan. It's all kind of light but like good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 2: Now Kirk is delivering the flowers.
Speaker 3: This made me laugh when he pass at Kirk he.
Speaker 2: Wants a tip even though he's a volunteer. I'm not volunteering for you. And this is this is where Suki Laurel I have that conversation about because Laurel I says, I'm going to have to cut Luke out of my life entirely because Christopher can't deal. I mean, the ship has already sailed. Cutting Luke out is not going to patch up the relationship with Christopher.
Speaker 3: He's trying really hard to be like do you want Luke? Like really kind of like, what are you doing? I thought subtly she was very much sort of going, you should really think all about what you're doing right. What are you doing right?
Speaker 2: Because those feelings don't just vaporize over like they go somewhere. So and so she was kind of the voice of reason when she says, like, if there was no Luke at all, would Christopher be the one or is he just the default? And that's what really you know, you can see lorelized wheels kind of start to turn at that point.
Speaker 3: Good face acting.
Speaker 2: I was annoyed by the dishwasher, and you see this all the time on that show. They have that that like industrial dishwasher and they put like fruit and vegetables and stuff on the top of it, like where the steamy could be very.
Speaker 3: Strange kind of note I have to take a gander at that.
Speaker 1: And this is the scene where she yelled at the two employees to get out of there, but then got really nice, go get out, but you're doing great jobs. And I really appreciate you. There were so many great laughs in this episode.
Speaker 3: There were.
Speaker 2: Some good parts. So then we go to the music store. I was very sad that we didn't see Carol Key and got a.
Speaker 3: Great a great scene between the three Michelle laurelized Zach and Zach just kind of crushing it. And also we get a sort of a foreshadowing.
Speaker 2: Yes, they mentioned a song for shadowing.
Speaker 3: Ye, it was.
Speaker 2: I even pointed that out to my husband. It's like, oh, I didn't even hear it. I have a flag on the pink hat she was wearing, though.
Speaker 1: I did not like it right. It was it wasn't on, It wasn't on right. It was like, but when she walked out of the store, it's like they adjusted it was better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was up to something or too high on her forehead.
Speaker 1: That was it just weird. I wasn't And when she walked out it looked good because it was down, yeah, round her eyebrows. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But when they were in the store talking, I'm like, there's something weird. Maybe that was it. It was too high, but a little wrong with that pink hat.
Speaker 1: I don't too much forehead. You don't want to do that with a.
Speaker 2: I'm going to throw my favorite line in in here because it was from this scene when when Michelle said he wanted a Celine Dion song and Zach says, please don't make me do that.
Speaker 3: Zach was awesome in the scene. Was really so good. He's so so good.
Speaker 1: And then and then lorelized comments about all the songs with hearts Heart to You. It's like it was great stuff. That was good dialogue and funny stuff. And then when they at least expected the Gilmore girls can get laughs at it anything. It's just such a joy, such a joy.
Speaker 2: And when they walked out of the music store and they're walking down the street and then Michelle tells that really weird story about a troop of mimes. What he was trying to understand what they were pointing at. And then he had to go to Luke's Diner because he needed comfort, Like what the heck.
Speaker 1: To order a hamberg ordered a hamburger?
Speaker 3: Is that he got the burger and Papa love it, and so he's going to go get a burger Chinchin, sorry, my bad to go get the burger to eat in honor of Chinchin loving that burger. Now, really it's so that we can get the wave right.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was the entire point. It just was such a randomly random story about Mime's staying at the end.
Speaker 3: I kind of didn't pay any attention to that part.
Speaker 2: It was it was funny, and so I think that I think that was the only time we saw Luke in this episode.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was the wave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but did hang on? Did I did I steal the episode?
Speaker 3: Or it's an important moment? It was. I'll give you that. It's an important moment.
Speaker 1: Hey man, what a joy to show up one one for a couple hours, not even to talk. Hey guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: She had kind of the look on her face.
Speaker 2: She would have gone in to say hi, but she's now, you know, she's made the decision that now she has to cut Luke out. So but yes, stay on opposite sides of the glass, I guess. So, yeah, it was. It was poignant, It was symbolic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, very very important.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, so then Logan surprises Rory at her apartment, like how many This is like the third or fourth time we've seen that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the third might be more right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So okay, we've done that.
Speaker 3: That's how we bring him back.
Speaker 2: Fine, Yeah, I guess he just you know, he's logan. He likes to make the gestures.
Speaker 3: Well he's broken, get them together to have the big talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah broken, she fixed them, she broke, yes, but.
Speaker 3: We got to have the talk, the big talk.
Speaker 2: So this is I did.
Speaker 3: Did you find the farr?
Speaker 2: It was odd and I know she leads, she leads into it by saying it was because of Marty, but.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just felt weird to me that she was so worked up about it.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, it was kind of refreshingly honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And he's so cool.
Speaker 1: And he's so cool about it, and it really brought out great sides of both of them. But in the in the.
Speaker 3: Realm, sometimes it makes sense, like sometimes you have a little like maybe she's feeling guilty and it's gonna help her guilt to be able to tell him so.
Speaker 2: Because he did kind of get it. He did kind of give her crap about the Marty situation when we were in the cafeteria and he's like, well, why didn't you tell me what you know? Are you hiding something? Do you have feelings? Like he was a little accused for me in that scene, so I can see why she might have been like, Okay, I'm just gonna err on the side of telling too much because I don't want to be accused of holding something back later. So I do kind of get that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think it did show her affection to him and her trust in him. Yeah, yeah, but it was it did. It was a little I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was kind of making a mountain out of a molehill.
Speaker 1: I thought, yeah, I don't think about it.
Speaker 3: It was fine.
Speaker 2: I mean, it ended up in a good conversation because they both decided they're okay.
Speaker 1: It definitely displayed virtue, right, Yeah, it kind.
Speaker 3: Of took their relationship to a next level with that open communication, very like adult and it's okay, And yeah, I didn't mind it. But it was a little weird. It was a hit weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a funny moment at the end when uh, when he was like, well, why aren't we watching Paris Belly Dance, they take off to go see that, which which probably would have been fun to watch. I can't blame them for that. And then uh, so then we go to the actual funeral. Oh my god, oh my gosh, so much going on. So we saw Lane. That's the only time we saw.
Speaker 3: She looked really cute and it was kind of obviously she was there for Michelle, but really for Zach is what I came like, you know, because he's doing the performance.
Speaker 2: And all the dogs that attend.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the dogs and the face acting. This scene's basically all about face acting because the dogs faces.
Speaker 2: And then Laura lives, yeah, and you can see like everything that's going like you could almost like see the thoughts just passing across her face like she as she was kind of processing what Suki had said, and then you know, the conversation she's going to have to have with.
Speaker 3: Yeah and what she's really feeling.
Speaker 2: Right, So then she comes home, she's a little sniffy, and she says the funeral was sad, and then this is this is you know, kind of where it all unravels, and yeah, she says I jumped. He says I pushed you. She was legit crying in the seat like that was Ye.
Speaker 3: She was amazing in this scene. Just the one line, So.
Speaker 4: Go for it.
Speaker 3: What is the exact line. You're the man I want to want to want.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're the man I want to want.
Speaker 3: I don't like even what she meant was.
Speaker 1: You are not worthy. You're not the kind of man that I would want. You haven't turned into somebody that I want to want you, but you're not worthy of wanting that much. Yeah, that's what I think. Trying to say.
Speaker 3: Him right, it's almost like saying I would.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a real bad the.
Speaker 3: Guy, but I wish you were the guy, right exactly.
Speaker 1: It's like, you think you're the man, but you ain't the man, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And she said.
Speaker 1: And I wish you were because you're the because because it it complicated for the.
Speaker 3: Father of me, and there's a lot of good things about you, but like, you're not the guy. So I just did I don't love that line. I get the whole sentiment, and I get the conversation, and like, ultimately this relationship is played.
Speaker 1: Maybe they could put us in a little box explaining what she meant during the episode.
Speaker 3: So it's not like that line didn't wow me. It wasn't like it didn't have sort of that punch that I was like, oh, oh you know, yeah, it just was okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, because she says that he was always this wonderful possibility, but now she realized that that possibility in and of itself is not enough to be with this guy for the rest of your life.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and all that they hope that they can be, they can't be, do you know what I mean? No matter how much both of them want it, it just isn't right.
Speaker 2: Right, Like there, you know, they have a kid together and all this, but that doesn't change the fact that when it comes down to it, but she doesn't want him like she thought she could want him, but she doesn't want him. So I think that's where that line comes from, that she wants to want him, right, She wants to want him because everybody has been saying, oh, you guys should be together and you know, blah blah blah. But then but there's not enough there to hold a relationship together enough times.
Speaker 3: Now we're done, Yeah to do this, because even I as a viewer, wasn't totally sure, but now I'm like, yeah, done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just not on her level. Yeah, emotionally speaking, he's not an emotionally mature or emotionally intelligent person. He's just yes, agreed, it's a case of arrested emotional development with this guy, and he just has this pensiant because of this pregnancy and his child and how he responded to it. He just this is who he is, This is how he rolls, and you can't depend on him. And yeah, and nobody's surprised in the audience, And now she's not surprised. I wasn't surprised that I felt this way that I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I think that it's an important she really had to get there.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, just think of the commitment that she has made her whole adult life, practically and even even as a teenager to get that child into a safe place and raise her the right way with a community and surrounded by love and solid people instead of that dysfunctional, toxic thing she came from. And I mean, talk about a strong woman and a righteous woman. And and then you got this clown coming in out of your life who happens to be the baby daddy but just scrambling everybody's eggs all the time. And it's like, guy, you know, you get you know, you get to get into the party because you know you're kind of responsible for this part way.
Speaker 2: But all bad too.
Speaker 3: There are redeeming things better, there are I know you guys maybe don't agree as much, but there are a lot of redeeming things also, like that connection. You always kind of like, I just don't love the line, but I know what she's saying. It's like, of course, it'd be great if your high school sweetheart that is your soulmate, but like she just isn't.
Speaker 1: Let's look at it from an analytical standpoint about the effect that this relationship between her mother and her biological father are having on her own relationships, Rory's own relationships. I mean that's a whole discussion, right, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, and how it's going to call her the rest of her life and towards her attitudes towards men. Yeah, that's right, right, So yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, her relationship and not relationship and sort of sporadic relationship with her father will definitely impact her, right yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I was just excited to finally put a nail in that coffin and be like okay, like we're we popped a couple beers open, and we're like all right bye, Christopher. So I was I was happy during that last thing. I wasn't sad for anybody.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was pretty excited.
Speaker 1: Put him on the boat. Light the torch just pushed the canoe out into the lake and watch it.
Speaker 3: It's a good episode. It's not super controversial, you know. I think most people sort of are like, Okay, this is played out. Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was good because she had to get that out of her system. Like, like she said, he was always a possibility, and so she had to get to the point where she tried out that possibility and figured out that it wasn't right in the long term, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, because if she had married Luke and then he you know, came back around, who knows what would have happened. But she needed to have some.
Speaker 1: Closure there, right. You have to respect the process that she the processes she went through to try to get him back into their both of their lives. Mm hm, you know, you have to respect that. But anyway, I'm really excited, and I'm not just saying yeah, you know, I'm excited to see what happens because I don't know, I don't know how how or if Luke and Laurels are coming back together in this season. I'm really eager to see that, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like for me, this episode is sort of a turning point in season seven, because now I feel like for the rest of the season, now we're cooking with gas like these, that these are where the episodes get really good for me. Once we get Christopher out of the picture and his whiny neediness. Now we can you know, move on with some good stuff.
Speaker 3: What she wants, and so we're going to see what that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm eager to see that. Anyway, what are we giving this? Uh, Suzanne, what do you think?
Speaker 2: I Am going to give this nine inspirational plaques that we got friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to give this eight point eight q t as, gotcha?
Speaker 1: Uh hm, I'm going to get up there in the nines too, because it just relaxed me and I enjoyed the heck out of this.
Speaker 3: I'm going to agree with that word choice. It's a very easy blowy.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, all of these pleasant, great performances, all of this funny stuff. Yeah, you know, it just got dramatic just enough, not too too much.
Speaker 3: But goofy just enough. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: I mean I really got a sense of what, you know, the the potential of what the show could always be and at its best, I'm gonna go nine point I liked this episode a lot. Let's give it a nine to five five. God you know doggie photos or doggie photos of Paul Paul chin Chin right, yeah, uh not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an easy, nice, no fighting. We're all kind of on the same page on it and stuff. Yeh, see you next week. Kayak what is it? Kayak something?
Speaker 2: What I'm a kayak? Hear me roar.
Speaker 1: And that is gonna analogy.
Speaker 2: There's a good analogy behind that title.
Speaker 1: You're going to find out anyway. Thank you ladies, Thank you, Susan, thank you Amy. You will see uh Tara and Danielle soon hopefully yea. And Jackie hell of a job filling in for those two. Boy, I tell you, thanks.
Speaker 3: You break any kind of time.
Speaker 4: I good.
Speaker 1: You're doing right. No, you know the unsung hero of the podcast is it's Jackie Rodriguez for sure. Anyway, Again, a delightful episode. Best fans on the planet. Keep the cards and letters coming. They keep us honest, they keep us sane. They make us insane sometimes, but that's not a bad thing. We love you guys, more than you know, more than you'll ever know, and much appreciated. And remember we and I am all in we'll see you next time.
Speaker 4: Stay sick, hey.
Speaker 1: Everybody, and don't forget. Follow us on Instagram at i Am All In Podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com