Speaker 1: Welcome about the territory, Ladies and gentlemen. Another series win for the Red Sox here today. Final score six to one, record improves to fifty four and fifty. We're just getting more and more over five hundred, ladies and gentlemen. But there is still one thing to do, in my opinion. Well, obviously gotta keep winning games, and you know, maybe make another trade or two by the deadline. But you still got to get out of this four game under five hundred rut at home. But they did a great job this past week, a very successful home stand. Sixth straight series win, now seven series wins out of their last eight. This was a big series win in my opinion, because you had a lot of people after the streak saying, oh, that's just gonna die down. Now they just got hot. They faced a few bad teams in there, like the Mets and the Angels. This isn't real, but you know what, you went up against a couple of tough division opponents. And say what you will about the Orioles and the Blue Jays not having you know, the most successful seasons they were envisioning, but division matchups are always tough. They each got some good players on those teams. These were some good wins in my opinion, and these are wins that are gonna help sustain that big wins streak. And again, like I said, with home, you've had trouble at home all year. You're now four games away from four wins away, you know, unless there's a loss in there, but you were getting closer and closer to getting out of that rut. Good to see this performance at home this past week. Good to see the Red Sox continuing to win these series. Yeah, sure, you're not winning, you know, you know, no new fifteen game wins streak at least as of right now. But good to see that they're keeping this going at the right time as well, going into the deadline. We're about a week away, a little over a week away. Good to see. Good to see the offense here today, figuring out Kevin Gosman. He's always had success against the Red Sox in his career or especially since going to the Blue Jays, always had success against them. Big day here for Jared Duran. I'm just gonna say it right off the bat, Jared Duran is my player of the game for today. Big game for him today, three for four, a couple of Ribis. As we all know, he's had a down year. He's still under two hundred or the batting average OPS is just over six hundred at this point, WRC plus under a sixty.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Sure, you look at the homers and the stolen bases. He is on pace for at least a twenty twenty season, you know, But you'd still like for everything else to come up. But in the end, Jared Duran had himself a good day here today and looking elsewhere, saw some small ball here today. Continuing to see that small ball success, moving runners over three more sack buns on the day, leading to runs. Seti Willier driving in those runs. Jami Jones with a big pink hit perform appearance in the seventh inning. Couple of Ribbi's Red Sox killer Jami Jones, Ladies and gentlemen, I said it right when it happened. I'm like, this look really good.
Speaker 3: Move.
Speaker 1: Like this guy has torched the Red Sox over the last couple of years. He's hit great at Famway Park. Listen, Jami Jones. He is his own man. But I'm gonna be honest there I today when he had that double, I'm like this just looks like Rob Rev Snyder for like crying out loud like it. Really he makes you think of Rob Rev Snyder, right, But good to see that he's had some success here with the Red Sox. We'll see what ends up happening with these roster spots as moves continue to happen, especially with Curtis Mead. You know, where will Jami Jones fit in? You know, if they make some more moves here, we'll see. But I'm glad he was able to come through here today. Austin in the chat, big vibes guy. You know he was pumped up after that double here today. He brings energy in there, you know the guy again. He kind of reminds me of Rob reths Snyder in a way. Right, But hey, good day for him, good day for the offense. How about Ranger Suarez back on the mound here today. Not a long outing for him for innings, just over sixty pitches, give up a couple of hits, but look pretty good on the day here today, six strikeouts overall, bullpen looked great. We'll talk about that. We're gonna go over today's game. We're gonna run through it pretty quickly. Just like yesterday, not as straightforward as yesterday. Dylan Sees just dominated the entire game, had a perfect game at one point, So you got a little bit more to talk about here today. But this, i'd say, for the most part, was a pretty straightforward game. We'll go through it pretty quickly here today because I know a lot of you are here to talk more about Curtis Mead. You know, I'm trying to come up with some nicknames, all right, you hear you know the nickname Tony segals right, you know, has a nice funny ring to it. I'm trying to come up with something for Mead. I don't know. I feel like I feel like the easy one. Something I don't know, Like you feel like you're about to say meet and then you say Mead. So I don't know. Could there be something there like meat locker? Does that work? I'm not sure. I don't know. Gotta come up with something. But Curtis Mead, Oh, I forgot to say the Mead sucks or one to other ladies and gentlemen. He's not even here yet, and he's already bringing success to this team. He's already bringing success. Oh, Phoenix, that's a good one. That's a good one. Derek, who do you think gets sent down? I don't know. It's good. We'll go, we'll talk about this. We're gonna spend a whole segment here today talking more about the Curtis Mead trade, which I also want to say, Holy cow. Uh, I went back to the stream last night and uh, because what I did for that stream here, I took a lot of the clips from that stream and I made a video that I uploaded on the main channel here today. Holy cow. I was all over the place last night. Like I've felt like I repeated myself. Well that's not usually new, but I felt like I repeated myself like a million times last night. I felt like I was going in all different directions. My brain was just was just cooked. I was so tired already. I was about to go to bed, and I'd just come home from a nice night out. Luckily I did get home for that. But holy cal, I was all over the place last night. So I do apologize if that was a tough listen. I felt like I said a lot of the things that a lot of the points I wanted to make. There was a couple of more I wanted to kind of touch on a bit today, kind of go over a couple of things, maybe tweak a couple of couple of thoughts as I thought more about them here today. But yeah, so sorry if that was a tough lesson last night. I know we're all kind of excited, but I felt like I was just everywhere. Anyway, we'll talk more about Curtis me. Craig Breslow did talk a couple of times here today. He was talking during the game, but he had a press conference before the game here today. I'm actually gonna play some of the clips. We'll I'll listen to that, we'll react as it goes. So, yeah, good show here today. If you can, all I ask just hit that like button for me. If you are just finding us for the first time, think about subscribing. We actually got a lot of new subscribers from that show last night, So anyone new just finding us from last night. If you are with us today, thank you for joining. We are getting very close to eight thousand subscribers. We are realistically, I think gonna be able to get there once the trade deadline has come and coming gone. I think we're about fifty subscribers away. We're getting close. Eight K was the goal for this year, maybe even ten. I don't know. Well, we'll see, but we're getting close. Before I do move on though, we did have a couple of super chats. Let me actually get those super chats rolling just in case, because you know me, I'll forget the super chats. Not that I don't want to play the superchats, but my brain is an actual potato. But what do we got is Siegler and Chang still gonna be part of the game play moving forward. It's gonna be really interesting. We'll talk about Curtis Mead. It looks like we have a good idea of where he could be playing. I'll give you my thoughts on that as well. But uh, you gotta think Chang is probably right now. We'll get to it. But I feel like Shang is probably gonna be the guy. Siegler I feel like has done enough to warrant Stang, but you just never know, you know, I feel like Shang is probably gonna be the guy at this point. We'll talk about it. Steve, what's going on, man? Great game? Agree about Duran Suarez lights oh a positive comment about Duran here today lights Suarrez lights out I gotta adjust the settings. These disappear too quick. Uh left kind of early. Going to Wysert was questionable, but it worked in the end. Good bullpen day. You know they got it done. Watson. You don't give a b run there late, But that's so okay, that's okay. Let's get to it, ladies and gentlemen. Oh, hold on a second. Oh, I know I keep saying we're about to get going here, but I think we got a new member. We got a new member. Jacob in the chat, Jacob, what does this say? Hill Hilligear, Jacob Hilligear ninety eight eighty six, welcome, my friend, Thank you for coming a monster member. I am actually going to try and find a new sound. Well, I don't know, let me know. Do you like the home Run sound? I was thinking about maybe going for I don't know, some of the Fenway sounds a little bit maybe possibly not just like the home Run I don't know, maybe find some other things. Let me know if you like the home Run sound. Jacob in the chat. Always love listening, greatly appreciate your honest opinions on everything and not just doing it for clicks. I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I promise I'm not doing this for like I don't know, like I would rather spend I mean, I think all of you have seen like I would all be here for like hour and a half, two hours just rambling. If you notice, I don't really post any shorts. I don't post like any reels. Usually, I don't look for the the spicy takes. I don't look for the cliffs. I just like to talk. So yeah, I appreciate you bringing that up, because that is something I'd rather talk here for two hours and at least try to get my honest thoughts out instead of just trying to go for a you know, some viral clip.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I appreciate that. Oh we got another member, Hill and Holt, two new members, and we haven't even gotten to the post game here. Welcome my friend. Appreciate you. Thank you for becoming a Monster member. Appreciate that. Let's get to it here. Also, voicemai open if you do want to leave a voicemail. We'll be checking on that by the end of the show. Let me actually make sure I got that pulled up. Voicemails are open. If you want to leave a voicemail, go for it. We'll get to those by the end of the show. Number is three two one, two zero nine twenty one ninety nine. Go ahead and leave me a voicemail if you want. I'm sure a lot of you got something to say about the trade last night. Really quick. Let's just get to this, let's get to the post game here, and let's talk about Rangers Warz again. It was not a long outing for Suarez here today, not a long outing, and that was kind of expected, right, He's been on the il for a little over a couple of weeks at this point. But I feel like he looked pretty good. You know, mostly fastballs here today, fastball, tight pitches. He worked in some breaking and off speed. He looked like a guy that was just kind of getting back to it here, right, leaning more into the fastballs, working on the location a little bit. Looked like almost like a spring training for him. But he struck out six along the way, Vladd and Lucas in the first inning. He got var showing a double play in the second inning. Jimenez had a double in the third, but he got a couple more strikeouts along with that. Fourth inning, Kirk and Springer had a base hit, but he struck out Vladden, no komodo. Good day for Suarez, four innings, four hits, six k's. Hey got the job done. Bullpen was great, Weisert Tyrone Slaton teaming up for three innings, Watson two innings to finish it off, gave up a run. Good day for the pitching staff overall. But taking a look at the Red Sox offense and uh, I mean you really just had yourself a few good innings of offense here today, ladies and gentlemen. In the third inning, Monasteria with a base hit, another sack bunt from Carlos Nurviz. These catchers for the Red Sox man Carlos Denvius, Connor Wong. They are doing great with the bunts this year, doing great. You gotta love it, you know. Long, Yeah, he is hitting better this year, but you know he's not gonna be Shaye Langleiers by any means. Sorry to bring up the fact Shaye Langliers is no longer an option, Ladies and gentlemen. I didn't think he was gonna be anyway, but he is now out for a long time with a knee injury. Shaye Langley is not going anywhere, but Uh, yeah, you're not gonna get you know, the big dangers from the catching crew. But they're doing a great job of putting the bat on the ball. Carlos Nervius with a down year, but they're just making it work even with the negatives this year, you know, Carlos Nirvius having a down year. There's and you can even say, Sharon Duran, right, there's still finding ways to make things work, still finding ways to be productive. You know what, Hey, do what you can, right, That's what I've loved a lot about this team. They've made up for you know, coming into the year, where's the power gonna come from? Where we're gonna get the big dingers. Well, hey, hopefully me can give you a couple of them, right, maybe another bat too if they bring one in. But hey, I love that they're they're making up for that this year anyway. Nervizo the sack bunt, moves the runners over, Massip with the ground moves the runner over Massa with the ground out, moves Monasterio over to third base. And here it comes mister Setti, ladies and gentlemen, Rold moll Shart play hit into.
Speaker 3: A field of base.
Speaker 4: Hit that'll Chase in the run, he'll be held the first base, an ibi single. It's forty sixth run batted in Red Sox lead one nothing. How good is Sadan been with two strikes this year?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Did you see the match? A RaSE SETI continues to have a great year. I'll keep saying it over and over again. I think the guy is wildly underrated. Should have gone to the All Star Game from the start, should have went to the All Star Game last year. But uh hey, well can you what else can you say? The guy just continues to produce, both offensively and defensively. I also think I forgot to mention that yesterday said he had a great catch in the outfield. I know Dylan Cees dominated, but at least he had that from yesterday, Okay, said he's great. Fourth inning, Wilson with a walk, Durban with the base hit. We'll talk about Durban here in a little bit as well. Roamy with the sack bunt moves him over. Here comes Jaron Duran and there you go in the.
Speaker 4: Rank center and one run in here it comes Deban. He's around the scar and pen's a two run single.
Speaker 1: Dreana nothing, Boston, Jaron Duran, Like I said, down year, but coming through here today, hopefully we're hitting a hot stretch with Duran. Seventh inning, Duran comes up again, base hit off reliever Brandon Fisher who came in for Gosman Monasteria with a walk, and here comes the Red Sox killer, Jami Jones in field in.
Speaker 4: High fly ball left center field. That's deep back toward the wall, and that ball's off the green. That's gonna score two. The Red Sox had a couple more on a long drive off the wall by Jami Jones.
Speaker 1: Man, oh man, Jami Jones, who's fired up going into second base there, he was all pumped up. This guy loves Femway Park. You know who else loves Femway Park? Will you r brave?
Speaker 2: Two?
Speaker 4: Swinging a high fly ball to left field, driving Pina, Go go back to the wall. He's gonna try and play it off the green. Another run is in. Had a bray you scamper's in a second to run scoring double to make it six to nothing.
Speaker 1: Find a run of the day for the Red Sox. But will you or bray you coming through? Hit a little bit of a stretch there, But what was he like?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: For eighteen, I believe coming into the ab but Hey comes through with the double playing with the Gotta love it. That was a sixth run of the day for the Red Sox. Again, the Blue Jays did score late, but in the end, Red Sox win six to one. Good day for the Red Sox. It's been just a great time for the Red Sox going back to the beginning of July. Honestly, I mean, what an incredible month this has been. You had the win streak, You're winning series left and right, You're bringing a potential high upside bat for this lineup, and you still got a week away until the trade deadline. Things are just looking really good right now for the Red Sox. Man Oh Man Oh Phoenix, Oh for twenty that's right. I think what was it oh for eighteen coming into the game. Anyway, he wasn't hitting anything, but will you're good to see. But yeah, everything's looking really good for the Red Sox here right now, ladies and gentlemen. You gotta love just I mean, obviously everything, but it's also just this momentum that they're building and building and building going into the deadline. You know, gotta love it. We are going to talk about Curtis Meade more. I promise it won't be for over the hour that we were here last night. I promise it won't be that long. But I'm gonna kind of give you my kind of quick rundown on it, my quick recap on it before we do, though, we do have a word from today's sponsor. We'll be right back.
Speaker 6: Todd father, Are you hitting some games this summer?
Speaker 2: What's the deal?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 7: And it's real simple, Scottie Braun. You know how it is. You go to seat Geek and you can find any deal you want in any section you want, even if the game sold out. Go to seat Geek and you'll find something that you love, affordable for your family, that you can enjoy anywhere, anytime, at any ballpark and stadium you want enjoy it. It's the best opportunity.
Speaker 6: To go see a beautiful game of baseball, and that's the thing that you can be so last minute. Sea Geek is the official ticket marketplace of Major League Baseball. They have you covered for all of your baseball ticket needs the entire summer. They also have over seventy thousand events on sea Geek that includes concerts, festivals, all kinds of sporting events.
Speaker 1: So go check it out.
Speaker 6: Right now, ftfam. The code is Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at Sea Geek. That's ten percent off with promo code Territory one zero. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app, and then the code automatically is added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, act, well, hold on, before I do get to Curtis Mead, let's do a quick preview of the A series coming up. We got another West Coast trip, ladies and gentlemen. I am sorry to report the bad news. We got some late games coming on, but hey, at least they're winning games lately. I was afraid of this one. Oh my goodness, Like, go back a month ago, I'm thinking, oh my goodness, we got these late games. I gotta do these postgame recaps when and the Red Sox are gonna be sellers, Like, oh, this is gonna be tough. But now, hey, I'm pretty excited to do these. Pretty excited pitching match ups for these ones. Peyton totally going up against Jack Perkins in game one, Jake Bennett going up against Gage Jump in Game two. That's a very fun pitching matchup right there. Gage Jump was one of the higher pitching prospects coming into this year. He's had a couple of bumps and like all rookies do right. Jake Bennett did not have that status coming into the year, but he's obviously emerged as one of the best young pitchers in baseball this year. So that's a pretty fun pitching matchup. Gotta love that. Patrick Sandoval going Game three up against Jacob Lopez. Sandoval has been a little bumpy over the first few outings since coming back off the IL. Let's see if he can get this tidied up a little bit more, hopefully go a little deeper into the game, and then for Game four. No announced starter for the A's as of right now, but Sonny Gray looking for a bounce back performance. Unfortunately, he took his second loss of the year yesterday against the Blue Jays. He just didn't have it. He had no command, leaving breaking stuff over the plate. He was getting hit all over the place, easily his worst outing since Minnesota back in April. I'm sorry to bring up the bad memories. I'm sorry. I promise I don't I don't ever want to talk about that Twin series. That was awful. I just said, I don't want to talk about the Twin series. But here I am still talking about the Twin series. But we're done, no more, no more Minnesota. But Sonny Gray hopefully, hopefully hoping for a bounce back performance. We will see now. As for the A's when it comes to you know, what's going on in the lineup. Obviously, Kurtz, this guy's a monster. I've said it many times. He just makes me think of like a modern day Jason Giambi up there, Like go back to Jason Giambi with the A's. He makes me think of that. Kurtz is an absolute freak. He's gonna be a tough ab so to str He's performing well with the bat this year. Jacob Wilson, this guy's a contact machine. You know. Tommy White, they just called up recently. He's a fun bat. He was very fun to watch in college. You know. If they've had some other guys stepping up this year as well, like Henry Bolte. He was looking good at one point. Ops has come down though they've had some injuries. You know, Shaye Langlers. We just said he's gonna be out with a knee injury for quite a while, so he's not gonna be a trade candidate now. Zach Geloff got hurt a little while ago. He was having a good season, you know, Brent Brooker, he had to get surgery on his knee a little bit of ago. So this A's team, they've completely fallen apart. I mean they were looking at one point, they were right there in the wildcard hunt, and I was saying, if they could find a way to add some pitching, man, this would be like a pretty strong as team. But unfortunately, the injuries. The Luis Evarino has been hurt too, because of the lack of pitching, because of the injuries, just completely fallen out of it. You know. See you wonder could the A's look to make some moves at this trade deadline. I don't know, you know, it's turned into a lost season pretty much. Obviously Langleiers isn't gonna get moved now. But could you see, you know, there was a report a little bit ago. I don't remember was it Hayman. I can't remember who it was, but I swear I saw Tyler Sodastrom's name somewhere. Remember last year, Soda Strom was a trade candidate. He was popping up for the Red Sox as a possibility, you know, like, I wonder if they looked to move. Maybe they they look to take advantage of his value to try and get back some pitching. I don't like. I wonder if he's a name to pay attention to again because he came up last year. I know he got the extension. What was that extension? It was a seven year, eighty six million dollar deal at the start of this year. I don't think he gets moved because of that contract, but I don't know, just with how things have gone there, I mean, could they look to cash in on that if they got back like a good top of the rotation pitcher. So anyway, the A's obviously not playing great. Let's see how that goes. And also let me pull up really quick here, let's see what's going on with the standings. Actually, do I have? I got the graphic? Here we go taking a look here in the wild card hunt. Right now, the Red Sox sitting in the second spot, fifty four and fifty, a game and a half up on the Guardians who have lost five straight. So The Red Sox are sitting pretty comfortably right now. They're five behind the Yankees at this point, still got a lot of season left. Why couldn't you go after that first division spot? Why couldn't you go after? Maybe? Talk, I want to talk a little division maybe. Yeah, the Red Sox, they're in a comfortable spot right now, So let's talk. Curtis Meat. Curtis Meat. This was the story of Boston here over the last I mean less than twenty four hours, eighteen hours, whatever, but yeah, I mean so again, if you did join me last night for the reaction, thank you for that. Again, do apologize if that was a bit of a tough listen, I was just out of it last night. That whole thing just took me by Some trades always take me by surprise, but that one last night, I felt like I got punched in the face because I was not I'm never expecting trades, you know, unless you're at the deadline. But this one last night, I'm like, oh, yeah, I got the night off. We are good. I went out to you know, dinner last night, had had a good date night last night. Man, I was I was winding down and then bam, you get sketched. What are they? What was it from h from step brothers Pow pow right in the right in the face, Curtis Mead coming to the Boston Red Sox. In the end, the Red Sox needed a bat, plain and simple. We've talked about this, there's no secret there but and the Nationals needed more starting pitching. I've said it many times in the past. Very thin on starting pitching and also just the I mean, they have a couple of guys in the system like Travis Acora, Jarl and Susana I believe he came back in the one Soda trade a few years ago, but you needed more, especially major league ready guys. That rotation is so thin, you know Cap Cavali Connley early that looks like a good one two punch. I think Travis a Kora, Jarl and Susana eventually once they succor I think is still out after Tommy John. But regardless, the Nationals needed more young pitching, especially major league ready pitching. And you got to think about it when it comes to bats on the market, right, we've heard the name zach Netto Peanya Angliers is now not available. Luisa Rise obviously still out there. But if you're looking for like a game changing kind of a bat or could possibly change the game with with high upside, there's not a lot that you could get without giving up some major, major prospect talent. Right, So, like talking about Neto, Right, that's been a debate in Red Sox Land over the last couple of years or last couple of days. Turned down the volume, you know, and we were seeing a report that you know, Franklin, Arius might have to be included in that conversation, right, which I don't think the Red Sox would give up Arius and that kind of a deal. But then you think, okay, maybe yeah, I mean teams are obviously going to ask for a guy like that, especially at this time of the year. No, we don't got to move Neto, we don't got to move Pain yet, we'll talk about it if you're willing to include Arius. Who knows, maybe that starts to kind of lose its grip over the next week or so, maybe that comes down a little bit. Right, that's negotiations. But if you think about it from Craig's point of view, it's gonna be tough to acquire a guy that could be a game changer for your lineup. Now, my thinking is he was probably looking at the market, like always, the market dictates everything. You got to play with the cards that are dealt. It's very and you've seen this a lot over the past, where he probably said, you know what, instead of looking for a guy at the top of the market, instead of spending the big assets to go get that guy like Zach Netto, for example, why don't we go for a guy that's trending up, that maybe is not getting a whole bunch of eyeballs on him, but he's just quietly having a really good year. And you take a look at where Mead was in Washington, James Wood, cj Abrams both having MVP caliber years when you were you ever hearing about Curtis Mead, But here he was, you know, looking at offensive rankings. Guy's doing great over there. He is, I believe he's top twenty when it comes to io percentage, great metrics. But you weren't hearing anything about him. You're hearing about James Wood, c j Abrams, no trade to let no list out there, even passings list, no list had Curtis beed right. So that's where Bresla was like, you know what, let's tap into that, Let's go for the guy that's trending. And we've seen examples of this over the past.
Speaker 3: You see.
Speaker 1: The more, I feel like you see it more with the smaller market teams because they have to kind of they got to think outside the box, right, with a lot of stuff because you know, they don't got those all the money in the world, so they got to kind of dig a little bit. And you've seen moves where teams will try to grab those guys that are trending up before they become like, you know, like these top guys on the market, right estoc Paratus go back to when he was with Detroit. He's kind of he was bouncing back and forth between the miners and the majors at that point back in twenty twenty one. He was showing some really good plate discipline at the time, but you felt like you could tap and do more with the bat, especially the battle ball profile. The Rays. I mean, they saw an opportunity there where like, hey, this guy gets on bass, like he does pretty good. You know, he's young. Why don't we make a move for him and we can take advantage of that trending of him trending up. And it also just happened to be where Detroit they were looking for more immediate offense at the time, they bring in Austin Meadows, right, so you go go back to a little before that, right YONDI Diaz the Indians at the time, but a guy that was showing really good things, had good metrics at the time. But they had a lot of guys in the mix. You had like Jose Ramirez, right, I think you had Carlos Santana in the mix as well, if I remember correctly. So, like you know, for a raised team, they're like, okay, well, I mean he's not getting like a ton of playing time, but he's playing well, so let's go after him before he really like emerges as this you know, big name. Go back even a little further, I think you could even say, and these are just a few examples. There's plenty of them over the years, but just the ones that came to mind. Jose Batista. Like Jose Batista, granted he was having a lot of struggles early in his career, but there were things where, you know, like a guy that could hit the ball pretty hard, you know, he showed some okay qualities but you felt like you could tap into it. Why do you think teams would pick him up constantly? He was going around all these teams because teams saw a potential with him and the Blue Jays eventually they got they got lucky there and they won out and they made a couple of tweaks with him, and look at the star that he became. Right. So a lot of times, a lot of those good moves come from the guys that you're not fully expecting. And I wonder if Mead could fit into this category. And I think that's basically Craig read the market. I think he just saw an opportunity here and obviously the Nationals they need pitching, and they lined up perfectly. Now, I also want to mention this over on Baseball Trade Values. I actually had a conversation with John Bitzer of Baseball Trade Values about this, because value wise surplus trade value wise not the end all be all. Numbers are numbers, that's only half the battle. Philosophy is the other half of the battle, right, But value wise, this was clearly a win for the Nationals. Why because Connie Early is a starting pitcher that has a lot of value, a lot of control, left five more years plus and he's shown some good things, shows a good floor. It was also one of the higher pitching prospects this year. Coming into the year, Curtis Mead was also a higher ranked prospect at one point a few years ago, he was in the fifty range. I believe he was as high as like thirty five or like thirty four, thirty three somewhere in there. I believe, back in like twenty twenty three. But a guy that hadn't fully found his way the Rays, I don't know, they just kind of gave up on him. He went to the White Sox, couldn't really figure it out there. But then with the Nationals he made a couple of tweaks, made something. I believe there was an old hitting coach in the minor leagues that was with the Rays when he was coming up, and he's with Washington now and they connected back again and they got to work and they figured it out. So but overall, Mead his surplus value is not going to be very high because he just hasn't shown anything prior to this year. But like I said, trending up, something has clicked this year now. As you can see here, this is about a twenty million dollars surplus value difference. However, there is a slight mistake here. Let me actually pull up Curtis Meade. Now, as you can see, he's not a free agent until twenty thirty one, so you got him for twenty seven eight, twenty nine, twenty thirty, so you have him for four more years after this season. Over on Baseball trade values, they actually made a slight mistake. This was posted yesterday. By the way, they have him at three point they have him at about three and a half years of control. So that's an error on that part on their part, and I talked to John about that today. So once you add another year of control, that's gonna bump his value up even more. Now you are still a way a bit of part, I believe when you add that extra year of control. I mean, if I were to just do the quick math, they had him at thirty three for the field value, Divide that by three point four, so I few times that by four point four. That would go up to forty two point seven. So if you minus twenty one point seven, that's about a twenty million dollars surplus. So this would actually get approved by their simulator. Not I'm not trying to to the horn of BTV. I'm just explaining why there was a difference last night, because again they goofed up on the years of control. That was just an error on their part. So yeah, this is value wised. This is actually closer than you would think. So just pointing that out now. Like we said last night with Curtis Mead, the metrics look very good. They're looking there's not a lot of weaknesses here. I mean, the expected numbers look good. The plate discipline looks good. A guy that makes a lot of contact, he doesn't swing and miss. He's in the middle range when it comes to the batter ball profile. But that's where he fits into the Red Sox organization very well. What have the Red Sox done well at over the last couple of years, last few years, increasing bat speed, getting more exit vlow They have shown time and time again they're good at that. Wilson Contreras, Look what he's done this year they got he was already he already had pretty good bat speed before they got even more out of them. And look what kind of the year he's having bad speed. Isn't the und all be all but I mean, the harder you can hit the ball, more probability you're gonna have some success. So, yeah, Curtis Mead, this is I again, time will tell you never know, it's not just about the metrics. Who knows he comes to ball and you know, there's always the possibility, you know, maybe you don't line up exactly when it comes to hitting, coaches and whatever. Of course, of course something could go wrong. Obviously that's that's anything. That's just the human and the human element of it. But if everything goes accordingly and he comes in, you keep doing what you're doing from Washington, but you can add a bit more here. You got a potential like game changing kind of a bat for the middle of the order. Potentially, That's that's a big word here, okay, because you never know. Hopefully things line up, the stars aligne and you could get even more out of him. So again you're taking a chance, you are giving up high floor with the pitching, but it's coming from a surplus Jake bet If Jake Bennett didn't emerge this year, I don't know if you make this train. But because as he did, and Suarez has really worked out minus a couple of injuries. Sonny's been good, totally's obviously busted out this year, you know, and you got and you still have I insin down to the minors two getting closer, So like you've you could make this move right, And yeah, it stinks because I like Connolly early. He's a guy that seems like he's got a really good head on his shoulders. He's obviously shown a lot of potential on the mound. But this was a moment where the Red Sox felt, you know what, this is our shot to take a chance here. There's a bit of risk, of course, but when you're looking for more upside with the offense, I think it's a risk worth taking, especially if you are dealing it from a surplus, if you're dealing it from something where if it left you a little thin in an area like okay, yeah, that's that's easier to question. But in this case, I'm okay with it. Let's see how it turns out. Now, where is Curtis Mead going to play? Where is he going to play? Well, we talked about this last night. I was saying, I see him dhing more often. That's where I was last night. I was kind of looking at where he had played this year, I said, oh, okay, he's played a little second base, he's mostly played third, he's even played some first. But when you look at the numbers, when you go into how he's done at each position over the years, he's actually shown some pretty good things at second base. He hasn't played there a lot. When he did play there the most in his career, it was back in twenty twenty four. It was one hundred and fifty nine innings, so it's not a lot. He didn't do great in that sample, but the next year he did show some improvements. It was even smaller than the year prior, but he had two defensive runs saved, he had a two run valund you, and then he barely He's played there a little bit this year with the Nationals, and he's gotten the job done. So Chad Tracy's saying today, I believe Craig Brett, who will listen to in just a second, that looking like second base is going to be where they're gonna give him some run. And that makes sense, right because second base has been you know, Siegler obviously has come up and done some great things, but he's been a little inconsistent as of late great game the other night, but before that he had hit a pretty bad stretch. So at least with this it gives you and with the way Meat is hitting this year, it gives you a little little something, right, gives you a little bit more insurance there. I would say, yeah, second base for sure? Why not? I say, But like Chad Tracy said one more line that he said, it's something they're going to keep an eye on. It's not he's not a guarantee. Heed like, Okay, you're gonna put him a second base You're good, Like Arise, with how he's played this year at second base, you put him there. You don't worry about it, right, you got to monitor it. I am still under the inclination that you'll again it comes down to what, you know, what o their moves could they make? But I do feel like he probably fits better at DH most of the time. But that's where the Red Sox have really tapped in. They play to the matchups. You know, Yeah, you can see Masa dhing like I could say here, when Masa is in the lineup, you can see Mead at second base. But if you have Masa not in the lineup that day. That's where you could have me dhing and then you could have Seguler playing second base. So depending on how that works out, that's where that's what I think they're going to do. We'll see either way you are. You are bringing in the bat of mister Curtis Mead. Now we are going to listen to Craig Breslo just a little bit before we do, though, I think we had another supershat, one more super chat. What do we got? How many home runs does meat have in sacrient Let me fix this? How many home runs does Mead have in Sacramento?
Speaker 3: This series?
Speaker 1: Oh you know, I actually that didn't even dawn on me. Sacramento it's a home run haven. Oh man, I don't know. That'd be pretty electric comes in honestly, Like, what would you be surprised with how the mojo has been over the last month with all the good vibes? Are we going to be surprised if Curtis Mead hits a homer in his first ab and going into Sacramento? Would not be surprised in the slightest, especially in a home run haven like that. We'll see, But let's take a listen here Craig Breslo had a few things to say here today.
Speaker 5: You know, a lot of trade conversations and concepts kind of drag out over the course of days, weeks, months. Even this one came together pretty quickly. I think was a good opportunity for each team to you know, to to meet some objectives.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And so there wasn't a whole lot of back and forth, you know, outside of making sure that we did as much work as we possibly could and and you know, god, as comfortable as as we could.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: Because anytime you give up a player like Connolly Early, oh sorry one second, our roster, it's it's really tough. But looking at our roster, looking at our needs, we felt like this was something that that makes us better.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean, like we've talked, you know, Connley Early was is not someone you give up easily, so especially some of the high floor that's shown you a lot that I mean, he started a postseason game for you last year. The fact that he went out there and he was mentally holding it down in just an environment like that, you know, and remember you had you had some bad defense that that didn't help you out in that one. If you didn't have those couple of defensive miscues. I mean, holy cow, Early could have had a really good performance. So not easy to give him up, of course.
Speaker 5: Sure, you know, I think we had a lot of information available to us. There was you know, the kind of objective information that we have some some live looks from from scouts and scouting reports, talking to the coaches here. Uh, and you know, it does seem like there were meaningful changes to uh, to his setup where he was holding his hands, to his bat path, to his to his stride, you know, to to where he's consistently getting to more damage. He's always had good back to ball skills, He's never really chased, He's doesn't swing and miss a ton, has had good bat speed, and then kind of put it all together, but put it all together in a way that that we think is real and sticky. So we feel like that the way that he's performed over the last few months is actually the guy that that we're getting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So again, you know, they're they are they're taking advantage of a guy that has They're taking advantage of a situation where a guy like Mead has figured it out at least right now, you know there, Yeah, there is there is risk here, but they're buying it. And but here's the thing when you think about over the years, when you think about it, you know guys that have those good bats of ball skills, that have that good plate discipline that can work counts time and time again. You've seen those guys have success over their careers when they have that understanding of a strike zone, when when they have good picture recognition right when they just kind of are able to work those counts better. You know, those guys, I feel like from more often than not, they tend to have more success. And I think that's what the Red Sox they believe here. And he just mentioned that saying, you know, he's always been a guy that's you know, had good bats of ball skills. So let me actually, I don't think I'm gonna get flagged if I if I play this. Yeah, so I think we'll be okay because this is on Neesson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so, you know, I think right out of the gates, the plan is for me to get work at second, for Durban to stay at third. We'll put that in in TRACE's hands. But I know Trace has talked to to durb He's talked to Siegler. I've talked to Curtis, and the one thing that all three have said is we are willing to do whatever is best for the team.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's funny because we had the conversation yesterday. Durbin said that he's in funny. It was really funny timing. He said yesterday that he was willing to move wherever. So yeah, I think right now this is kind of the way you go and then you you mix and match. You d h him. But what I also like about that is that he is giving it to Chad Tracy. I feel like Chad Tracy just, first off, can we please get an extension worked out with Shag Tracy? Like, I think he has more than earned a contract extension at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they're writing up the details of or you know, trying to get some kind of negotiations going. I wouldn't be surprised about that. I mean, the guy has clearly done a great job, and that, to me, I think is a good sign saying, you know, not just not just giving him that decision, but openly saying it, saying we're gonna put that in Tracy's hands. So I think that's that's a good sign for a possible extension down the road.
Speaker 3: Now, we'll still work through that.
Speaker 5: Obviously, it's been a whirlwind twelve hours or so for for all parties, So we'll kind of make sure we get Curtis here. I think you schedule to travel later in the day, not in time for today's game, and then we'll figure out what the corresponding move is.
Speaker 1: So he's talking there, if someone asked him, what was the corresponding move going to be, my guess is it's gonna be I think it's gonna be Shang, you know, and you just kind of well, then again, I don't know, you think about it too with you know Monasterio, right, I mean, are you okay with putting him at short every day?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: It's I don't know, I'm not sure about that one. I mean, if I'm looking here, I mean, I guess you know you could do that for the time being. Another also another factor is Chang is a lefty, So I don't know if that comes into play or not, but it's really interesting. My guess would be Chang. But then you're you're you're full of righty's. Well, actually, no, no, because if you and then you Seeglue, I take that back. Seeglue would go to the bench more often as the switch guy. So I would probably lean towards Chang. I could be wrong, who knows, I mean, could there be I don't know, Like, do do you get a d Like, do you get a DFA somewhere? I would think, you know, obviously romy he's in the infield, Chang's in the infield. I did. I did think last night maybe Jamike Jones, but you know, you kind of need another outfielder out there. It's gonna be interesting, Like I don't know, I've seen people mentioned you know, could this be, you know, a DFA for Masa or could you could they be working on a trade behind the scenes like with Masa? Possibly, but he's been hitting really well for you, So I don't know. I think I even saw somewhere too, you know, could you find a way to move Duran and then you know Masa goes out to left? You know, I think there's a whole bunch of ideas out there of how you could you do this?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Would they go with a five man bench? I don't know about that, so I don't know. It's interesting. I think it's either my guess is chang. But then again, I mean that pretty much means like Monasterio is your shortstop and the story is going to be coming back eventually. I don't know's it's gonna be. Really, I feel like you could go a whole bunch of different ways with this. It's interesting, it's interesting, super chat swingman, Lou, what's going on for an nine and nine Robbie? Even if Mead goes off, this is an f of a trade. If we would have gotten prospects all so cool, but one for one is an awful trade. I am going to disagree with that, Lou. I do understand where you're coming from. But again, I think when you think about that, there's a need for this lineup, the need, the need for Mead. You had a need for Mead. You needed something, And I am sure they tried other avenues, right And if they got the sense that realistically you would have to give up Arius to get Netto or whoever, then I don't think this is really a bad pivot. Obviously, because metrics are looking safe, everything is looking good. They feel comfortable that things are gonna stick and you're dealing from a surplus, I really think, and if you if you think about it from early as well. While we do love the upside and the good floor that he brings you, already, it's such a young age. I think with you know, early, obviously he's still coming back from the elbow issue and he's had he's had some inconsistencies, which rookies obviously go through that. You know nothing, you know, nothing wrong with that. But when metrics wise, when you do look at early, I mean last year they were off the sharts. But this year, I mean, you know, it's you know, it looks like a guy that's kind of figuring things out right. And that's not a bad thing. But for the situation at hand, you had a need for me, I'm gonna start saying that you needed a hitter, you need a bat and other teams I believe, listening to Paul Taboni earlier today, if I remember correctly, he said a lot of teams were starting to call, so the Red Sox had a shot here. And I mean, if you're thinking about what were even these other offers out there, Early is a guy that's shown a lot of promise, a lot of flour I think has more ceiling to tap into. I mean, yeah, for the Nationals, like I would imagine he's probably obviously he was the best offer because they took it. But this is a shot for the Red Sox to get someone like this. I wouldn't be surprised at all to Bony told Craig, hey, listen, you got like you got ten minutes to let us know, because we got some other teams on the phone. If you want to do early, let us know you got ten minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like that. It's there is risk, there absolutely is, and I am not denying that. But I think you had an opportunity to be aggressive here to get some good upside. I think it's worth the risk, especially coming from a surplus that's kind of just where I'm at. You never know what could happen. Though, Paul and the Chat Fancy need to get over their love of players and look at things realistically. This is a damn good trade for the Socks. I think there's a lot of a lot of upside for it. As always wait and see. I like doing the predictions because they're fun. They're always a good conversation starter, but realistically you always gotta wait and see. There's a lot of potential here, a lot, And with the way he's hitting, I think there's if you don't mess with anything, if you don't just don't touch anything, let the guy do what he's been doing. I mean, shoot, have hims. I don't know, probably not allowed. But man, if there's a way to have him keep working with whoever he was working with, Holy count, figure out a way to make that happen. Probably not obviously, but you know what I mean, there's good opportunity here. We will see back to Craig. Let's see what Craig was saying here.
Speaker 8: The deal say about how you were reading the markets. Unusual to have a deal of this consequence, you know, seven marine days before the deadline. What did the timing say about you? Your take on things moving in the market, getting established?
Speaker 3: Probably a few things.
Speaker 5: You know, in a in a perfect world, I'm sure everybody would would like to have all of the different concepts in front of them, line them up, and then make a decision at the same time. You know, these decisions are always on I don't think there's a I don't think there's a comfortable trade that gets made this this time of year, and there are a few advantages for us. One is, we felt like this is something that makes us better and independent of the alternatives, you know, we felt like this this made sense for us. The other thing is that, uh, you know, getting seven or eight extra games with Curtis Meat in our lineup is is real, you know, So we don't want to.
Speaker 3: Discount the value of of getting those That's.
Speaker 1: That's that's a that's a really big point, man, especially in this race, in this wildcard race, looking for a postseason spot, looking where you came from to get back to this point. Offense is the clear need right now after putting in that much effort to get back to where you are. Yeah, I love that you're bringing in something here with Curtis Meade to help you get as many wins as possible. Here at the end of the day, you gotta get wins. You need a more offense in this lineup. He gives you more of an opportunity to win games, and every win matters at this point, especially the effort that it took to get here. You know, It's like you, I mean, what's a what's a what's a good analogy here. You had a you had a broken oven. You got to make a cake for a I don't know something, my birthday. You got to make a cake for my birth but the oven's broke. You finally fix the oven. Holy cow, you got You only got minimal time to make this cake and you end up making a great cake. And then are you just gonna take that cake to the party on just a paper plate. No, I'm gonna put that thing in a nice case, make sure it doesn't fall out. I'm gonna get the ones where the little little things snap on the side so it's not gonna fall out. I'm gonna do everything I can to protect that cake that took. You know, obviously I had to fix my oven and obviously make it right. Was that a good analogy? I'm sorry if that was bad, But yeah, I understand what he's saying. You have the pitching, you need another bat, the need for me. Well, that didn't work. Hold on, Oh this fold on a second. Facebook. I'm playing it on Facebook.
Speaker 5: The I think this move it makes our our major league roster better. And that's not to diminish Connolly early in what I think he's capable. I think he's gonna he's gonna be a really good starting pitcher for for a long time with the Nationals. But what our roster needed right now, you know, we thought with someone who can hit at the top of the order, in the middle of the order, he's a particularly good fit for our park, just given kind of the batted ball profile and the power, and so we think he makes us better. He makes us better in the short term and the long term. He's you know, he's twenty five years old. Obviously it's been kind of a bumpy road at times for him to to kind of settle in and establish himself as a big leaguer. But at twenty five, still feel like his best years are ahead of him. So, you know, we think this is a move to make us better in twenty six and we'll continue to look for those opportunities.
Speaker 1: And also, twenty five years old, it's not like you're getting someone that's you know, about to go into the the tail end of his career. You got a guy that's twenty five. I mean, man, there's so much upside to tap into here. Man, oh man. So those were the thoughts on from Craig Breslow and I believe we also had him talking today at Femway Park. Let's take a listen. I'm not going to show this clip because they do show some of the game, so I don't want to get hit with the copyright, So we're just gonna listen to this one. Becket Inning.
Speaker 4: Chief Baseball Officer Craig Breslow has just acquired Curtis Mead from the Washington Nationals. Seventeen home runs, right handed power.
Speaker 1: Great to have it.
Speaker 4: Can we talk about that dive in what you loved about this guy? Yeah, right handed power.
Speaker 5: Seventeen home runs a pretty good place to start, but now feel like he's made some real swing changes this season, kind of put things together. He's been a top pross for a really long time, but maybe didn't have the run, you know, wasn't able to get things to click, and it's doing so this season. And he's a great fit for our park. He's a great fit for our lineup, and really excited to get him on board.
Speaker 9: And we're talking overhaul mechanically like hands stride batpas.
Speaker 1: Let me actually really quick, let me pull this one up because I wanted you to particularly particularly play where he talked about the trade deadline coming up. Let me get this pulled up, let me find the time stamp.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Do you feel confident that another deal at the tradeline Craig is in the offing for you?
Speaker 5: If I've learned anything approaching my third deadline, it's to never feel like you can predict what's going to happen over.
Speaker 3: The next week.
Speaker 5: We're gonna we're gonna explore every opportunity that we can. This came together, you know, I think on a relatively early compared to where deals typically do. But I don't want to discount the importance of getting Curtis in the lineup for the next week or so.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 9: Also, I mean there's still a lot of teams over this next week have don't really know which direction they're going. There's still games to be played, a couple series to be played for those teams to even get to that point. So yeah, to your point, you get an extra seven eight games with that power.
Speaker 4: Jaron Duran batting with a runner on at first base and two down and he'll cut and missing one with thirteen home runs. What has happened with this team. It's amazing the way it's come together. There's there's a feeling that everything changed beginning with that Yankee series. But the way fans have fallen in love with this team has been amazing to watch.
Speaker 5: We've been able to see the identity come through and these guys show up.
Speaker 3: They compete for each other, they compete for the fans.
Speaker 5: Trace has done an incredible job in bringing them together, and they believe in each other. You know, there's just there's a ton of confidence in the clubhouse, and I think the players feel like they're supported, They're they're surrounded by people who believe in them.
Speaker 4: Can you get Roman Anthony back? Are you confident you'll see him back this year?
Speaker 3: I hope.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 5: You know, he's he's working his tail off to try to get back. He sees what's happening, he wants to be a part of it, and he's pushing himself every day.
Speaker 1: I think that's a big part too. From right there, I know, I kind of let that run a little bit, But you know, no answer on Roman Anthony. That's a big thing. So could that be another thing that comes into play here when it comes to future moves. I'm sure they're gonna be really looking at that over the next week. I wouldn't even I wouldn't even be surprised if they look to try to get him swinging this week, just to see, like, all right, let's see, let's let's take some swings, and if he feels pain still, I wonder if that triggers them to be like, all right, we we we we gotta go cover our butts here and we gotta we got to figure out, you know, a way to get another bat here, you know, because you can't count on him coming back. So I actually wonder if they look to see if there's any progress this coming week, because whatever, if he swings a bat and it hurts, it's like, well, you know, he's already where he's at, so it's like all right, yeah, So I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are more moves that could be made. I talked about this last night. I still think you could add someone for the middle infield. I mean, now, obviously Meat is looking like he's gonna getting a majority of the time at second base, that doesn't mean you can't go get another guy. You know. I know, stories coming back, but if you had a situation where story comes back and play short, and you go get another middle infielder they can play second. You know, go get a rise you know, why couldn't you go get a rise stories at short and then Mead ends up just dhing most of the time. Or Caleb Durban saying he's open to moving across. If the Red Sox are really big on defense, if they wanted to go get a third baseman, say Max Chapman, who wouldn't cost a lot to acquire because he's on an underwater contract. Do the Red Sox make a move like that where they've shown the willingness to be open to taking on money. So if they're willing to do that, you'd have an amazing infield. You'd have Chatman at third. Well, Durban, I think you would be completely fine at second base. He's been great at third. But you know, even a situation like that, I don't think adding need here completely counts you out for adding something else, especially if Roman is not showing any signs of progressing. So Phoenix, I totally get what you mean. I'm not moving Durban off a third. I'd move him off for Chapman. Chapman's an amazing defender. Caleb Durban has been great too. I think he'd be just as good at second base, and he came up as a second baseman. So if you had an opportunity to get some great defense like Chapman at third, who has also a swing built for Femway, I'd listen to that. I wouldn't completely I wouldn't completely discredit that. Now there was one thing I couldn't find the clip. But quoting from Craig Breslo here, Tyler Millican, thank you for posting these quotes here today, he said, I don't when asked if the offense is still the priority, I don't know. I don't think anybody would sit here and say, no, we don't need any more offense. We have to be mindful of losing Connolly and losing those innings. We have to be mindful of the workload that we put on our bullpen. We'll look across a pretty wide scope here and figure out if anything makes sense for us. The fact that he bring again with these kind of quotes, you have to kind of look at spific parts, right. The innings part is the one that sticks out to me. So I think it's a safe bet. No one else is getting moved from the Major league level. I mean, I don't know, Like even Patrick Sandoval, do you move him at this point? At least while he may not have looked amazing overall, he's still a guy that can give you gives you winnings. So I actually wonder if you still move him. I don't think anyone else. So Bennett's not going anywhere. Don't even think about that obviously, totally, No no one else. Maybe Sandoval, but even then I don't think so. So does this open up the possibility of moving ansin? But then again you also pause at that because now you've just moved one of your young starters. So now wouldn't you rather keep your depth as well with your top pitching prospect. So I don't know, Like it's it's interesting what they could do. So that's where.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: And here's another thing. And we've brought up this name a lot, a lot a lot, Marcelo Meyer. What happens with him now? I imagine he's not going to be coming back to the major league team when he's healthy unless someone else goes down. Who knows. With Trevor story, you never know. But what happens with him now, I still think he's a trade candidate. But then again, what do other teams think? I don't know. I think I saw Red Sox stats put out there today. Could you dangle Arius? I've said it a million times. I would not be happy about that unless you got yourself like a star kind of a guy. This one more time with the quote. This tells me that no more starters at the major league level are going to be moved. I'm even hesitant with Sandoval, and that also makes me think, like, you know, could you end up keeping in too? So you wonder, you know, Arius and Meyer, could they be up for grabs? You know, I don't know. I don't know. Could there be a possible big move? You know, you also think about this. I don't know, Like I think Red Sox Stats mentioned Tyler Sodastrom today, I don't know if I'm thinking on the fly right now. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but like, if Roman's not going to come back, if you are weary about Roman coming back, I don't know, Like soda Strom's a guy that can play some outfield and obviously d h So I don't know, like could that be a possibility? And then you kind of, you know, down the road, you just figure out the positions. So I don't know, like, is he a possible option? I kind of wonder. I think a lot of this rides on Roman, a lot of it, and I think this is going to be a big week Phoenix in the chat trading Meyer first chance, Yeah, I think he I don't. I feel like it's I would say it's like the worst kept secret right now. If you're looking at Red Sox trade candidates, his name has popped up multiple times. I feel like he is up for grabs at this point if a team wants to take the chance. So again, one more thing, I one more time. I think there is still a possibility of making moves. And as for the pitching staff too, I think also him saying right there, we have to be mindful of the workload that we put on our bullpen. That also tells me that they're going to be looking for relief help. I've been talking about relief help for a while. I think you go after one of these guys on the mets like a bras, a bond or a mentor. I mean, shoot, I'd even look into what would it take to bring back Bernadino. Even I'd look into that, you know, like like brock Burke on the Reds. Could you do someone like him? I yeah, I think there's a lot more to do here. I think there's a lot more to do. Let's take a look here at some voicemails. Do we have any voicemails? All right, we got a voicemail.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Hey, Robbie. A few things people need to understand about Craig Breslow. His team is very tight. Nothing ever gets out. There's ever reports about them being interested. That's every team, but Craig loves dealing in the shadows. You will almost never hear a actual legiti report of someone they're targeting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, yeah, we just saw it last night. I mean how many times have we seen I feel like the only guy that the Red Sox have traded for and even signed that you had heard about prior was Wilson Contreras. Like you had heard that connection a little bit and then it happened. I think what was like a couple of weeks, a few weeks after or something like that. Everyone else it was like a complete surprise. Well Bregman, obviously they were connected with Bregman for a while. So but yeah, you you look at all the moves last night. No one again, no one even had excuse me, no one even had Curtis meat as a trade candidate. Everyone was all the lists had c j Abrams and maybe even James Wood, right, so that you know, it's actually interesting we had that little Where did that report come from? That came from?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 1: Oh was Marino Papenn? Marino Papenn? Stay positive, we move forward. I think he had been the he was the one that put the James Wood thing out there. Did the Red Sox actually ask about James Wood? They probably did, so, I don't know, it's an interest thing. They made a trade with the Nationals and then he put that report out, and before he put the report out, so but yeah, you know, Curtis Mead was not mentioned anywhere anywhere. The only time that in my head he was ever a trade candidate was when I was coming up with you know, some trade videos in the past over the last couple of weeks, last few weeks, and I'm looking at guys, I'm like, well, the Nationals like Abrahms, he's getting a couple of years to free agent, couple of years close in a free agency. But Mead, yeah, he's hitting really well, but he's still really far away. Why would the Nationals want to move him? But here he is there, he is so yeah, you never ever hear about these Ranger Suarez right, that came out of nowhere, right, that was the pivot from nowhere. So yeah, you're absolutely right. So that's where I kind of like we can keep talking about these other guys like Netto and a Rise who are out there. Well, what I'll say this with a Rise, I haven't seen one connection with him in the Red Sox, at least I don't unless it's like a mock trade. I haven't seen any report saying there's any kind of interest. So I don't know. Is that a guy that you think about getting the bat on the ball while you got one of the best in the business right there with a Rise? I would love him. Could you imagine you bringing a Rise? He's your leadoff guy. They also had Masa leading off here today and that was another bad day for the leadoff spot. I feel like the best leadoff spot, the best performance out of the leadoff spot we've gotten over the last while with Siegeler the other night four for five. You never see that, So again, like, could you go after a rise and then you got meat.
Speaker 3: In the middle.
Speaker 1: Like sounds pretty good if you ask me anyway, But yeah, keep your eyes out, like I don't know that's where like someone like Soda Strom. He's been mentioned like very minimally, But could that be a guy like if I'm looking here, you know some other possibilities. Let's see if I'm looking for someone that you don't even think of being a candidate, Like there's I don't know, like there's no way the Tigers are going to trad Dylan Dingler. So if you're looking for a catcher, I think you can cross him off the list. I don't think he would be a surprise candidate. Someone asked about Riley Green yesterday. I believe. I don't know, Like where are the Tigers at in these standings right now? Tigers the three and a half out, So I don't know, like do they all of a sudden decide that they're okay with moving one of these guys to bring in value besides Schooble, I'm going down the list. I don't know, Like I know, Bryce Eldridge has been mentioned before as a possible trade candidate. I believe in the off season, I don't think he would go anywhere. At this point, we've heard Luis Garcia junior and again getting back to the Nationals. Remember he was popping up. So sounds like to me, Craig's been calling the Nationals quite a bit. James would Louis Garcia junior. So yeah, I mean, if I'm looking other possibilities, I don't know, like, no one really you know, again, like Soda Strom, maybe he jumps off. I don't know. Liam Hicks, is that a possibility? Like, if you're looking for some catching help, could Liam Hicks be a possibility? He's a left handed bat. Well, I don't know. I mean, you could get a platoon going right lefty bat. He's got a little bit of pop like Dalton Rushing. I don't know if the Dodgers move him at this point with Will Smith being hurt. Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I'd have to look further. But no one really besides those couple of names, like I don't know, no one really jumps off as like a under the radar trade candidate to me, at least guys that are like towards the like in the top half when it comes to rankings. Offensively, so we got a few more super Chats. Let's get to those from Carl. I hate to see early go, but they have more pictures then rotation spots. So if we trade one piece for a power hitting DH and Curtis me, then I'm in. Yeah. Uh, time will tell, Time will tell. I love the possibilities, I love the potential. There seems to be good floor. We'll see. It's a lot giving up early, and I really hope it works out. Uh, Jacob nine to nine cents super Chat. I appreciate my friend becoming a member. I appreciate you, man, appreciate you. But everybody did we actually did? We end up going over an hour here today? Oh my goodness, it's been almost an hour and a half. See, I'll just ramble on. I'll just ramble on, man, goodness. Almost an hour and a half is one of our longest shows I think of the season. I'm gonna start getting out of here, ladies and gentlemen. It's uh, it's almost dinner time. I'm getting hungry over here. I actually still got I got to run to the store. Oh, Jacob, super Chat, what about Auto Lopez? Marlin's have been horrible? You know the Marlins all of a sudden. I mean they have been really falling off. I mean they're still three out, they're barely into the positives with run differential. I don't know. I don't know do they end up moving Sandy? Now I'm thinking, Man, they're good, they're they're they're all set. They're not gonna be moving Sandy. But I don't know this is gonna be. This is getting a little hairy for the Marlins. I don't know the do the Red Sox call about Sandy? If you Craig's talking about Ednings, does he does he go get another starter for the rotation? I don't know. Anthony under the radar guy kiber Ruiz, he's on a long term deal, so I mean that contract is I mean, that's that's not up for a while, so I don't think he would go anywhere. But never say never, Never say never, my Phoenix. In the chat Michael King Morihan, you wonder does Preller is Preller open to that kind of a move where you can get a cost controlled talent for someone like Duran and then you get some pitching possibly, you know, Michael King, I don't know. I think I saw something on him that they could be open to moving him. Where are the posrays in these standings right now? I mean they're two out. I look at the pogsrays with where they're at. They have talent there. My guess is Preller. He kind of tries to dance that line, thread that line a little bit, thread the needle. I wonder if that's the approach they're going to take where he could make a move like that. I don't know, Like, do you like, if you're looking at Duran, he's lost so much value. It's really unfortunate. But like, could Morhon be an option? That would be awesome. Oh, that would be awesome. That'd be amazing. You know that gif? What's that gif? I think it's from the movie like like like on like Beethoven or something. I always forget this guy who the character is, who the name is. The guy's like looking at the notes and he's like flipping through it, and then he reads the music and he it's so beautiful to him, and he just like drops all of the the music notes or whatever they're called because it's like so beautiful and he can't even handle it. That would be me if I looked at the back end of the Bullpen for the Red Sox. If that had Chapman, Whitlock and Morahon, Oh beautiful, beautiful, I need that, please. I would be so open to getting Morahan. Man. I would love a high levelverage lefty. I've been talking about getting a high leverage lefty. I was okay with Danny Koolohan when it happened, But oh, man, if there's more potential there.
Speaker 3: I would love it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But do you trade Duran for a reliever at this point?
Speaker 3: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: That just and he's a rental too. Like I feel like like trade value wise, like I mean, yeah, Duran is really falling off here, so like numbers wise, that would work, But philosophically, like, you don't trade you know, you don't trade an every day, everyday player with two years of control left where a rental reliever. I don't know, man, I don't know. But why not? Why why couldn't Why couldn't he be a candidate for the Red Sox. Would love that, would love that. But my guess is Preller, he's gonna look to kind of thread the needle, kinda look to bring back talent that can still help them in the second half. So like that's where I could see Duran being a possibility. Maybe I know he's having a down year, but he still gives you some pop with speed. But a big part of that's Roman. What's gonna happen there and Steve and the chat Mason Miller? Oh, that would be I would be dropping the music notes all over the place, like I would probably faint, to be honest, if the Red Sox found a way to get Mason Miller, I'd faint. I would, I mean honestly, Like could you even get like really creative here? I don't. I don't know. Nah, I'm not even gonna do it. I was gonna say, like, let's say Preller was like, all right, Mason Miller, he's got a ton of value here. What if we could get back Chatman for this year and then we have him for next year, but then we also get someone with Chapman like a high like a couple of high value prospects, right, Like could you see like some I don't know, would the Red Sox even do that? Why would I don't know. So that's where trades they get, They just get a they can get messy. So that's where you start thinking about these possibilities, and it's like, no, you gotta think about it from both sides. Right anyway, I'm out here, everybody. I'm gonna wrap it up right there. I'm hungry. I feel like I'm starting to get delirious. We'll be back here actually really quick. Let me check on the game for tomorrow Tomorrow night. It is at nine to forty Eastern time, so we'll be here around midnight or so. Goodness gracious, I need some sleep here tonight that I've been getting wrecked lately with all this stuff. Man, my whole sleep got messed up last night. I'm tired today, but we keep pushing through here, ladies and gentlemen. Trade deadline is a week away. Sleep is for the weary. I'm out here, everybody, go enjoy the rest of your evening. Thank you for all the super chats. Thank you for all the members, the new members as well, stopping UMBI. Thank you for all the familiar faces. We'll be back here tomorrow night.