Speaker 1: Once you get them going.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you because I've been on the other end of it, it is so hard, and like our fans are just as like fired up, dialed in focus, feisty as we are, and so if you get them into it, it's just like it's like that extra.
Speaker 1: So our fans are great. I love our fans truly. Well, what episode is this?
Speaker 3: Forty?
Speaker 1: The Big or Baby We're Bad?
Speaker 3: It's been a minute. Yeah, hey, hey guys, sorry, it's been a sec. Show me something Podcasts Episode forty. I think we start off with good news. Oh yeah about our nomination or whatever that you and I had no idea was even happening.
Speaker 2: Badass, but like thinking for the listeners, Like to the listeners, you guys are what makes this thing go.
Speaker 1: And I'm not kidding.
Speaker 2: Everywhere we go it's I was like, oh, we love your pie, we love your pie, we love the tea.
Speaker 1: Like that's good stuff. I love hearing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wait, so let's read this real quick.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: The Hashtag Sports Awards nominated for Best Women's Sport Sports Content and Sports Podcast. So we're gonna give ourselves a round of applause if that's okay with you. Guys.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. I like it.
Speaker 3: That feels good.
Speaker 1: Wait, so when does it come out? If we want or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna to We're gonna to tap in cav here.
Speaker 4: June Sottle.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, who's our competition.
Speaker 4: I'll have to figure out the other dominees. They're not important because we're the best a thousand.
Speaker 1: I want to shoot on them real quick. So come on, tell us who they are.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'll find those up in effect. So we're so the critics nominated for this award also a fan vote for most Entertaining Podcasts, and that's against every podcast up there. So if you guys see us and then still hit the vote, poker votes because.
Speaker 1: If you guys won't vote, we can spill mores me. I love it. That's a big deal though, Like that's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's cool. I also liked the picture that they used. I've never seen that one of us before. I like, I think, I don't I look bad in a lot of pictures. This one's not horrible and you look silly and like.
Speaker 2: It's like, like that's just that's just good clean fun.
Speaker 6: That's us, good clean fund so us that is us. Okay, I so much shit has happened since we last talked and a week Yeah, do you want to start basketball or do you want to spark?
Speaker 3: Spark? Boobs on the beach?
Speaker 1: What what's that?
Speaker 3: Your s I pick st.
Speaker 1: Everyone's like, yeah, what is that?
Speaker 2: Because I saw no boobs on the beach, we saw straight sternum and skin.
Speaker 1: I thought something happened with you. I was like, what the boobs on the beach you're talking about?
Speaker 3: Oh no, not me. I' mean no, no beaches for me. Fever two and two. Yeah, but we haven't we haven't talked since the season, like regular season started.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're in the thick of it now, guys. We are fucking w n B, a full head of steam, pedal to the metal, no breaks. Here we go. Yeah. The one clip I would like to flag first before we talk about how many points you had, uh CC getting crunk like injuries whatever. It was your your block down low. So those of you don't know that's not Sophie's not chasing blocks every game, but that you were. You looked excited, but you it was so like it was so your celebration was so cute and other people were like act like you've been there before. But that was funny because it was such a girl it was such a girl celebration.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's what happened. Is like I I am not a shot blocker. Everyone knows that I'm more of a shot hacker, Like I will foul the shit out of you before I even touched, Like that's what I'm known for. So when I blocked it, and I've been really trying just to like place all it even straight up, Like fouls are up a lot already, but they always are at the beginning of the season, so like there's no surprise there.
Speaker 1: Ress are actually doing a good job this year so far, Like.
Speaker 3: Whoa weird reverse fine reversee right.
Speaker 2: But I went and like kind of helped to like help site. So I'm putting my mic up so you guys can hear me clearly.
Speaker 3: That needs to be a quote card on Bleacher Report, Complex Sports, Yahoo Sports Sports Center, Sophie Cunningham says, refs are doing a good job this year, and then I get just a picture.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: But I went over there and like I just like went straight up and I did time it kind of well, and I was so shocked I was so shocked.
Speaker 1: I got the block and I was like, and everyone's like, act like you've been there. I was like, honestly, never been there. That is my first rodeo. Haven't done it.
Speaker 2: The only time I did that was against Lindsay's little kid, Noah, Like when we play out like swattershit you know.
Speaker 3: Yeaheah, she's two, she's too.
Speaker 1: I gotta get my confidence up somewhere.
Speaker 2: But I would like to say too, I thought that we have the potential to be a very good defensive.
Speaker 3: Team, especially when you're getting blocks. I want to go look at what your block blocks averages.
Speaker 1: Right, probably like negative point seven.
Speaker 3: Can't be negative.
Speaker 1: I don't get them.
Speaker 3: I have to find this. But anyways, continue, Well.
Speaker 2: I was just saying that I said earlier before season started that we're going to be a good defensive team because I think we have the potential.
Speaker 1: We're like sitting at twelfth right now.
Speaker 3: Not good. We're in and there's a lot we'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Like we just we just got to figure out what coverage really works for us and like what suits our team, and once we do, I think we really will be good.
Speaker 1: But we just have to get in our flow. It's the beginning.
Speaker 3: What you're averaging a half block of game right now? What? Oh, excuse me? Point three half steal? You're point three?
Speaker 1: Wait a Steeler.
Speaker 3: You're averaging half a steel game and one point three blocks per year?
Speaker 1: Yes, that has to be wrong. I have not gotten a block in years.
Speaker 3: And then career is point two, which is that. Yeah, yeah, don't bring don't bring that fucking ball down low. That's right. Kick that ship back out on there, bitch, Sophie over there.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, did you Sophie women?
Speaker 3: Did you see his Did you see his three pointer last night?
Speaker 2: Dude, I've watched the whole game that I honestly think that this is going to be almost like the chamber Ship game. This should probably be the championship game. This is gonna be an elite series.
Speaker 3: I usually am like, if you're that big, like, what else would you be doing in life? You should be good at basketball, Like, if you're seven to five, you should be geod at basketball.
Speaker 6: Like it.
Speaker 3: That's kind of how I feel about Giannis. However, he like it is weird that someone that big can move their body dude like that, like that would be impossible. But that fucking three pointer when he shot it where he shot it from and the and his position and body type is like, it's pretty fucking crazy. I love it.
Speaker 2: He that's like I think they said it even on the broadcast like a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: That's exactly where Steph hit it. And like it's like, I mean, Wimby.
Speaker 3: Is in stuff that nine real old times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Weimby's not real weird, He's not real. I love it.
Speaker 3: I also saw CC hit that corner three and then they posted, Uh, does Tyree's Haliburton go to all of your games?
Speaker 1: He goes to a lot of them. He's a big fan.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's really good, like ambassador for you guys.
Speaker 2: It is he is, and like he's he's just a good, solid human to him and his fiance.
Speaker 1: Day they're just good people and like they just love basketball.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Jade does, but Tyree's definitely does, and so he's like always there when he can. Actually a lot of the Pracers coaching staff because they're starting to like start training and stuff like that, so they're all just starting to come to our games.
Speaker 3: It's nice. I just think it's cool, Like I love if you watch like a baseball game and there's NFL players behind home, played like a hockey game and there's NBA guys, Like, I think it's really cool to see pro athletes from the same city like be at each other's stadiums and arenas supporting each other. I think that's like a really fucking cool thing. And so shout out to dude.
Speaker 2: I do too for some reason, Like I don't know what it is, but it feels good when you have other pro athletes there. So like George Kittle was there last night for the for the game, and like it's just it's just cool for okay see and yeah Santonio, Yeah yeah, but it really is cool to just see like other crazy elite athletes come in like supporting other athletes.
Speaker 1: Like that's fun. They're a fan for once. I like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's dope. Yeah. How how is the body good? Are we feel fresh?
Speaker 1: Feel fresh?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, I mean we're everyone's already tired, but like that's what season's all about, is just being in a constant state of exhaustion.
Speaker 1: But I do really do my knees holding up.
Speaker 2: I feel good. Our team is feeling good. I know i'd be miss last game. Uh, but you know she should be fine, like rather now than later in the season.
Speaker 1: So I feel like we're solid. We had a good practice today, we play tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I also, you probably won't bring it up, but so I will. I mean, seventeen points off the bench is fuck it. Look that's gonna be a third round of applause. You thank you, keV hop In and give me something, dude.
Speaker 1: Come on, we're feeling positive today, everybody. Yeah, hey watch the finger guns.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, I absolutely I have learned a learn of new fun facts. They not make the headlines of the cutting room floor. But apparently peace signs people are now on the internet are using your fingerprints to steal your identity. So maybe peace on the other way you get your fingernails.
Speaker 1: Can they identify this?
Speaker 3: Oh wait? So someone added us on Twitter and said did you see that? Now there's crazy peeps going around impersonating you and emailing people, especially those that leave comments or applies. And then they tagged you and myself and it's a fake email for me that says, hey, amazing fan, I just want to take a moment to say thank you. I saw your comment on my recent post, and it honestly meant a lot to me. The love, support and kind words you show me never go unnoticed. On the hard days and the good ones, Having people in my corner like you mean more than ever. Thank you for showing up and cheering me on. So someone is out there, maybe not stealing your identity, but sending fake encouragement emails.
Speaker 2: To random people. That's how it starts. And then they ask for thirty thousand dollars. So this is a great thing, yes today, real quick, I do you think that I'm ever asking for money or pictures of your feet or anything.
Speaker 1: It is not me. It is not me.
Speaker 3: If I'm if I'm asking for money, it is me. It is me this summer, it's me.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you that the amount of Like I had an old friend from a zoo, he's like a doctor. Now his freaking eighty year old client try to wire me thirty thousand dollars or wire someone thirty thousand dollars thinking they were talking to me, and I'm like, this is not me, Like I feel so bad, and like security is trying to like get to these people because it has truly become a problem. Like there has been two or three people leave there, like leaving their families thinking they're about to marry me.
Speaker 3: It is bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like that, I.
Speaker 3: Will say, and if we can cut this, if Sophie wants me to. But when we were in Indy for the final four, we all like we like finished the day and we were at the hotel bar like getting beers, and I was like, where's Sophie And someone was like, oh, she's she's talking to the FBI in one of the one of the meeting rooms. It's real. I was like, what the fuck. Yeah, And it's just because all these people do weird shit.
Speaker 2: I guess, well it makes me feel bad because like I do, I am thankful for my fans and I do I love them and this is like what makes it so fun. But I would never ask anything from people, like I just want to pull out a good time and a good vibe, like, but I'm never gonna ask for stuff. So I'm glad you couldn't brought that up.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, guys, stop wiring money, okay.
Speaker 1: And if you and make san to.
Speaker 3: My account and and tell your grandparents next time you see him. It really is the old people makes me wire young people money.
Speaker 2: Ever, yeah, yeah, whatever, but you know there's that so okay, not to be dramatic, but my Jay Love headphones have basically become my personality trait at this point. Airport on Jim on coffee run definitely on. If you see me on public odds are I've got something Jaylab in my ears.
Speaker 3: And somehow the battery just refuses to quit, Like I keep waiting for mine to die, and they're just like, no, we're good. That's actually very true. These have I don't think I've charged these more than one like these are just sports for eternity.
Speaker 2: And let's talk about sound, because bad audio can ruin my whole mood. These are super crisp and plenty loud.
Speaker 3: I've been using the overyear pair on flights and I'm telling you, game changer, noise canceling, elite, super comfortable, too great for listening to your favorite podcast.
Speaker 1: That should be us.
Speaker 2: So whether you're locked out the gym or out rocking to your favorite song, they've got something for whatever mood.
Speaker 3: You're in headphones, earbuds, wireless speakers, and more. You get premium features without paying premium prices.
Speaker 1: So look for the blue box at Walmart, Target Best buy and more or use code something on j loob dot com for twenty percent off your order. So tomorrow we played the Portland Fire.
Speaker 2: They are a new franchise, so they were actually a part of the W a long time ago. For three years, stuff happened, But now they're back and so they're still trying to find out who they are. They're young, they are good. Everyone in our league this year is good, and so we definitely have another test coming in. But I feel like our team we just have to focus more on, like protecting home court.
Speaker 1: Like it is so hard to win on the road. It's hard to win in general.
Speaker 2: But there has to be there has to be a certain level of upping your anti even more when you're at home because your fans are there.
Speaker 1: They're coming now, they're spending a lot of money, they're excited to be there.
Speaker 2: They're a great six man for us, and so I feel I'm someone who's very passionate about protecting home court advantage.
Speaker 3: What to you makes away games in the W harder? Is it crowd noise? Is it sleeping in a hotel before the game, Is it a flight before the game? Is it not knowing like being in a new environment like new Court. What to you makes it hardest?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't even know if it makes it hard because being with the fever, everywhere we go we have just as many fans as where we're going. But it's also just like you know, the mental like you were at another person's home arena, and it's like kind of the game favors them, Like I don't know if the refs think it kind of favors them, like the flow always favors And yeah.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it is the arena.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it is the environment of just not being used to playing there a lot, and so I think there's a lot of different factors.
Speaker 3: But I just.
Speaker 2: Want Gamebridge to be one of the hardest places to play when people have to come to Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: Fuck yeah, yeah, yeah, what's your go to get the crowd height? Move? Are you one of the East? I feel like I feel like kayln oh yeah, I Kaylin I Owe. Any clip of her is always.
Speaker 2: Dude, because if they if they once you get them going. I'm telling you because I've been on the other end of it. It is so hard and like our fans are just as like fired up, dialed in focus, feisty as we are, and so if you get them into it, it's just like it's like that extram So our fans are great.
Speaker 1: I love our fans truly, dude.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, Uh Where I wonder where this Portland team plays. I guess probably where the Blazers play, right.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't know because we haven't been up there yet. That's our next like road trip. It's like sanfran and Portland.
Speaker 4: So oh they play in the little at a center, Portland, Oregon, same as the Trail Builders.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, it seems like a lot of a lot of WNBA. I would say games have been sold out, like it doesn't matter who's playing, especially these new franchises, like they're excited for a new team. They're a supportive community, and I think that's why the WBA brought them to these cities, because they knew that they would have a lot of support.
Speaker 1: But I know Toronto has been absolutely rocking for games.
Speaker 2: Portland and then everyone else like it's just now it's you already kind of have an established base of of fans anyway, and so I don't know, I'm proud of the WNBA, like I think we're we're we're doing good.
Speaker 3: As a whole.
Speaker 1: So that's nice.
Speaker 3: We have come a long way from where we were last year when you were recording this podcast because I hated everything and you hated everyone everything. Wait can I but you said the rest are doing a good job this year. I'm curious what in game four, what that looks like to you? Consistency.
Speaker 2: It is all about consistency, And I think they're actually doing a good job because right now, I know it's annoying and it kind of sucks maybe as fans because like you're there longer. As players, it kind of sucks because when they're blowing the whistle every single day, every single time down the court, it's hard to get into a rhythm or a flow. But I hope people quote me on this, but I think that is a good thing that they are calling everything because it is making us players and teams be like, Okay, we need to stop foiling or we need to be better because it's always tight in the beginning of seasons, like they're going to call everything, and they should and then let playoff basketball, and like towards the end of the season, let that be a little bit more physical and playoff basketball. But I think last year is just so physical and too much from the jump, and so I think the rest are doing a fantastic job so far this year.
Speaker 3: Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 1: That deserves another one.
Speaker 3: Every team is championship or busts. So it's like a cliche question, but like, who do you guys want to be?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a good question. I think right now.
Speaker 2: The positive is we're not gonna peak too soon. We have a lot to work on, so that's great. Yeah, I think we just have so much potential and once we can really click offensively and get in the rhythm because we do have a lot of people returning, but we also have so many new players that are that are playing big minutes that no one's ever played with or we haven't played as a unit together, and that takes time to figure out, like how people move, where people want the ball, what their tendencies are. And so I think that once we really catch that rhythm in that chemistry, I think we're gonna be freaking elite, Like elite elite when it comes to our defense, I just think that I think that is an area that we have great potential in, but we have to want to be a good a great defensive team. Like if four people are doing it and that one person isn't, it's going to mess up our schemes every single time. And so it's just like making sure everyone's looking themselves in the mirror. And like defense is hard. Nobody likes defense, Like it is hard shit, and like it's I don't know, you're just kind of getting beat up going through screens, trying to have people stay in front of you who are so freaking fast, and so defense is definitely like an effort thing. But I think that when our team can really dial in and put in that effort, I feel like we're going to be a pretty unstoppable like defensive team.
Speaker 3: Obviously watching the NBA playoffs and like, oh my, they play ten times harder defense than the playoffs than they do in the regular season. Do you feel like you guys play hard defense from we get.
Speaker 1: To the have to Yeah, and yeah, you can't. You can't let a game slide.
Speaker 2: And so even like last night against you know, the Spurs and okay, see, those are like probably the two best defensive teams in the league, and like seeing them really lock up and overtime and I don't know, towards the fourth court because they wan't did two overtimes or one I'm blinking too, Yeah, and all the overtimes, like each possession freaking matters, and like it's almost more fun to me sometimes when a team plays lock up defense for like the whole shot clock than sometimes like a great shot, like it just fires you up.
Speaker 3: I don't know Wimby, he like, I think he's kind of dirt. He got a flagrant like the other night, and then he last night stuck his whole shoulder into Caruso's neck. Hey, no, it's dope.
Speaker 2: I like to but another thing too, and I I love okay see, and I love the Spurs, So I don't really have like a dog in the fight. But if you watch Wimby, every single time he has the ball, he is literally getting slapped in the face twenty four to seven. I don't know how he is always so like collected, like I would, I would eventually.
Speaker 1: Get pissed off.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean he did elbow someone, You're right, he did get ejected a couple in the face like less than a week ago. Ballad Vallid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I saw people trying to like talk like he shouldn't have been injected him, Like that's an injection every single time, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh god, yeah that was. If you watch, if you watch everyone in the background of that video, every Spurs player is like.
Speaker 2: Ooh yeah, yeah he deserved that one.
Speaker 3: But it's good, all right, cool.
Speaker 4: Let me bring this back to earth. Here, have about some headlines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just some headies.
Speaker 3: All right, guys.
Speaker 4: Here news out of the MLB. The San Francisco Giants have begun humping each other in their postgame celebrations. The MLB has asked them to stop, but they have not h What do you guys think about the celebration? Should the MLB be allowed to police people's happiness after the game?
Speaker 3: I thought that they did stop because they they took a bow after the game that the MLB said they can't do it anymore.
Speaker 2: Guys, real quick a comment on the last video. I think that should be our new handshakes and let us three see each other. That's what I expect.
Speaker 3: I'm down, all right.
Speaker 4: So here is from two days ago, and as you can see, the thrusts a little more minimal, a little more spaced out. So they've taken some feedback. It's not gonna have a third one there, you.
Speaker 3: Know, just let them be.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, is it inappropriate, yes, but like it's all so baseball, Like.
Speaker 3: Well, the camera guy can watch other people celebrate. That's a big deal from far away in the stadium. Yeah, if the broadcast cuts to it, that's more on the broadcast than it is the outfield. Yeah, I'm so in favor of it. It's awesome.
Speaker 4: He's three players involved, Jung Holy, Drew Gilbert, Harrison Bader. When they asked Drew Gilbert what was going on, he says, I don't know what you're talking about, this budle, despite countless video evidence, and it's just like, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Just fun beat Let him have fun. Who cares.
Speaker 4: So that's one headline here from Major League Baseball. That's we'll call that cock blocking. And here, guys, another headline, this is actually cock fighting. So I don't know if you've heard about this yet.
Speaker 3: I already know Edwin Diaz, Yeah what I don't know.
Speaker 4: So unfortunately, our guy, Edwin Diaz, he's a Dodgers relief pitcher. He's been linked to illegal cock fighting. The maximum penalty for this is a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars fine, five years of prison. So if you don't know what cock fighting is, it's maybe it's not what you think for those at home. It's between roosters chickens. They put sharp spurs and knives attached to your feet. They can puncture each other's like brains and lungs. It's it's kind of messed up. He's had some insane quotes from this incident. He said, it's legal in Puerto Rico. Thank god, Otherwise I wouldn't be here. I feel safe here. The cock fighting arena is like my home. It is famously not legal in Puerto Rico. So he's just also incorrected his quotes.
Speaker 3: It's like, uh, it's like it's Michael Vick esque. Yes, but I doubt but Michael Vick was like providing like the space for it. I think he's kind of just tied to it.
Speaker 2: But here's my thing is, I think when you are from different parts of the world, there are different cultures, right, So there's things that are culturally acceptable, things that are not. But when it comes to animals, I feel like how you treat animals says a lot about you, and I am not for it whatsoever, Like I think that.
Speaker 4: It all.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like I just feel like animals and children are two special things in this world that sometimes don't have a voice and need protection, and we do not take care of those two things enough, and so I do not condone any of that. I think that there's I love animals to death. We come from a farm, you, they have feelings, they are they are real living creatures, and like that just reminded me too. Like in the horse industry, they send horses down into Mexico and they blind them, they put like vics or you know, kind of vapor rub in their nose, and they let bulls they sharpen the bulls freakin' horns, and they go and let them kill them that way. Like there's a human main way to kill animals, and there's a humane way to treat animals, and none of those shit should. I think he deserves prison and find his ass even more, I don't like any of that.
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 1: I have deep feelings about all that.
Speaker 3: Dude, Penis sponsorship might be headed your way, that was good.
Speaker 2: Well, I still eat meat, I know, but they're the humane way to hunt and eat meat and like there is a bad way to do it.
Speaker 3: And a good way to do it, So whatever, I agree with you. Yeah, okay, real talk. I used to be one of those yeah, Nascars seems cool people, but then we actually went earlier this year and I was like, oh, I get it.
Speaker 2: The second those engines fire up, your whole body just feels it. It's loud, fast, there's food everywhere where, people are tailgatting.
Speaker 1: It's such a vibe.
Speaker 3: And now NASCAR's taking it to the next level. They're bringing street racing to San Diego in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Not just San Diego, Naval based Cornado, like an actual active military base.
Speaker 3: And it's a full three day weekend Truck Series Friday, Exfinity Saturday Cup Series main Event Sunday, all on June twenty first, and.
Speaker 2: It lines up with the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the United States Navy, which makes the whole weekend feel even more special.
Speaker 3: And you ever watched the street course, Different animal, tighter turns, less room, prayer way more chaos.
Speaker 2: So grab your tickets now for this one of a kind event at NASCAR San Diego dot com.
Speaker 3: And if you can't make it, out there. Check out the NASCAR Cup Series and Dural two fifty Sunday, June twenty first, on Prime Video at four pm Eastern.
Speaker 4: Maybe yeah, crazy crazy story out of the baseball world. We're just saying, let it be was.
Speaker 3: I don't I'm not sure what I even said.
Speaker 4: Well, speak about bees Bumble the dating app. Have you guys heard this news yet now? So they're announcing they're they're going to remove the swipe feature and they were phasing it out, replacing it with an AI driven matchmaker called b like a little b uh, So women will no longer be allowed drive required to send the first message. They're now going to use all this excess information with an AI assistant and just match you with a partner that I think it's like on your level that you would like. So they're like taking the selection ad your hand and just assign you someone that, based on AI would fit your profile. What are your guys thoughts on this.
Speaker 1: Takes away of like being a human?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Also, isn't that what like these apps already said they were matching you with people anyway? Like is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You're right? Yeah, So were they lying to us before?
Speaker 4: Well, they're saying now they're like, you're not even gonna swipe, but they're gonna They're not gonna give you options anymore.
Speaker 3: So someone is just in your DMS. It's just a fucking person and you're there to message them. There's no looking for them. Due I think.
Speaker 2: That's what I think that's why a lot of people do too, is like the swipe being the actual process of like doing stuff.
Speaker 1: I've never been on a dating app, though, you want to know.
Speaker 3: What fucking hot take I have just that I just thought of. I think because of the way the internet works, the way human beings have evolved with the Internet, and how like just putting people down on the Internet is like a weird fucking little adrenaline rush for people for like a five second hit or whatever. I think that people probably also liked the power of saying no to people on these dating apps, or like swiping left, or feeling like I'm hotter or I'm cooler than this person, I'm fucking swiping them. That I think that gave people a rush and gave people a sense of like confidence, security and confidence and so bet this like I just don't I feel like the swiping part was this weird psychological game that people like got addicted to.
Speaker 2: People would get on these apps just so they could swipe right or swipe left, not even for anyone, or.
Speaker 3: See if someone like liked you back and then kind of like get the validation from that and then keep it moving literally. You know. Also there's people think if people have been making fake rias of me the last like six months. I'm not on rya or app, but I haven't been on dating apps in like what years at twenty twenty six, like since twenty twenty I think twenty twenty three or twenty twenty two. Am. Yeah, I haven't been on dating apps in a long, long long time. But there's fake ones out there. I just hope. I just hope when the fake me's DM girls, they're like not using like wat game, Like if you're gonna pretend to be me on a on the internet, fucking heat, yeah, like it'll be a fucking dork ass loser, you know, or use like pickup lines and like some corny shit.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, last headline for you here.
Speaker 1: There it looks like we're not getting a bumble sponsorship.
Speaker 4: Nopeoo, there's a couple of aps out there. Uh so Seattle catcher cal Rally, he's in a nasty slump recently since denying the handshake of the World Baseball Classleague with his teammate Randy of Rose Arena. He's batting one fifty.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: He was currently in an for thirty eight slump until he took a full shower with his entire uniform on, and the next day he went out and got two hits. So, guys, what's the most craziest shit you've ever done? And then it's the like an on field slump that you felt like helped you out? You have any crazy stories, any superstitions, like a shirt, anything that you wear that you kind of help feels like, can the increase your mojo?
Speaker 3: Well, you should pull up a flashback because Sophie and I talked about this when it happened. When he didn't remember Sophie World Baseball Classic, he was Usa, Rosearina was Mexico and he didn't take it out.
Speaker 1: Weird. It's so weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, douchebag move, he went. He went, he's like having the worst year of his career. And I was talking about this in the complex office like two days ago with my friend from Seattle, Okay, And I was like, dude, that's karma for being a performative dick.
Speaker 1: You know, Well, yeah, here's what what is he like?
Speaker 3: What is he known for having? They call him big dumper. He might have a huge ass, and he he hit like a hell of home runs last year.
Speaker 2: But hmmm, on my line goes to so many different things with that, because my first one is like, this dude needs a sports sit guy immediately, like it's it's all it's mental, It's literally all it is. But I don't I also think though, and I'm not calling this guy this because I don't know him, but I also think that, like if you think your shit doesn't sting and you feel like you walk on water, like the game has a weird way of always humbling you, and maybe this is a humbling moment, but again, could just be like a mental a mental block too.
Speaker 1: That's a very real thing.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. I in my my senior year or maybe it's my junior of high school party in the USA, it was like my favorite fucking song and it made me feel good and I was happy. Every time the bus would they turn the bus off whenever we got to an away stadium. I'd play the song so I'd walk off the bus with partying to say, and it just made me feel like, yeah, happy and free and a live Did you never.
Speaker 1: Do it one time? Did you not do it one time and you played like shit?
Speaker 3: I remember doing it when we lost to Hickman my senior year, and so that probably made its course. Yeah, yeah, did were you at that game? Yeah? Probably?
Speaker 1: No, I was at every all those that suck.
Speaker 3: Yeah that sucks so bad. Yeah, that's so horrible.
Speaker 4: I would also say I'm like the tangent of like superstitions, like kind of pregame a great going out shirt, like back in the day, like at school, like college, like you know when you put on this shirt, like I was done.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, let me speak on that, because I I don't think I have superstition when it really comes to sport, but when it comes to stuff like old jeans or shirts or like a pair of shoes that you always have a great night in. And for the girls out there, I have such a hard time getting rid of my makeup brushes.
Speaker 1: I know you guys cannot relate to this.
Speaker 2: Girls know exactly what I'm talking about, because like I just gotta I just got a whole bunch of new brushes and they just feel so good and like do what they're supposed to do. But I probably held on to my last ones for like two years overdue because you just get so used to it, and like you have a.
Speaker 3: Wa they tell you that it's like non hygienic to like keep a makeup brush or something.
Speaker 2: It's gross, like you need to and like the the girls that I'm talking about, but like the brushes, like the hairs were like falling off, and I like them all over my face. But like there's just something so special about like holding on to like makeup brushes that have been with you for Forget.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, I get that. I'm trying to think if there's anything if it'd be.
Speaker 2: Like a hair brush or toothbrush or a toothbrush that you're like, oh, we've been through it together.
Speaker 3: I have the same toothbrush now, but you can swap the head out for cendliness. So I do that.
Speaker 2: Do you ever feel like that, Like at the end of a cologne bottle or like a perfume, we have to get more.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, that was a good bottle. We had some good moments.
Speaker 3: I do think it's interesting that, like our brains give feelings to inanimate object, right, and I always do like if you see like a yeah, like a trash can out by itself and its rain or whatever and you're like, oh, liked guy is he's getting he's getting hailed on? Like can someone bring him inside? Yeah? I think about that that shit all the time, or like yeah, if you like forget to Yeah, it's it's pretty funny how that works. Today's show is brought to you by a presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet Florida Sports Book. Second Round playoff basketball is here. This is where every possession matters, every game feels personal, and suddenly everybody's yelling at their TV. This is honestly my favorite time to build the same game parlay too. Maybe your guy goes for thirty, the big man cleans the glass with a double double, or your point guard drops a bunch of assists. Hard Rock Bet gives you a ton of ways to stack your picks for playoff hoops, and if you miss tip off, relax. Hard Rock Bet lets you live bet the entire time, first bucket to the final buzzer, and if you haven't tried hard Rock Bet. Yet now's the time you can score one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollars bet and if it hits, you get your plus an extra hundred and fifty in bonus bets and hard rock Bets always dropping new promos daily, So open the app and see what's live today? And yeah, it's Florida's only legal sportsbook, but the party's bigger than Florida. Heart Rock Bet is also live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan, with more states on the way. So download the hard Rock Bet app to day.
Speaker 5: Well, guys, sorr our last episode, No, it's not we have we have eighty more, forty more nowhere closed to our last.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh damn, what happened?
Speaker 1: I've had a really long day truly and it's only five.
Speaker 3: Do you have a stuff the rest of the night? Yep?
Speaker 1: Three more meetings?
Speaker 3: Wait, no one asked you what I was? I had what I made for lunch today? All right? We ask?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Uh, finish us off on what you had for lunch?
Speaker 3: Just a medium rare steak, three eggs, bell peppers, and sauteed kale, and I feel fucking good about it.
Speaker 1: Who that that's that is like not what I was expecting at all. Have you been eating like that lately?
Speaker 3: I try Monday through like Thursday. My mom the other day told me carbs were like equally as bad for your liver as alcohol was, and I'm just like, every there's always something fucking new, and I'm like, see, I'm trying to stay there's no way.
Speaker 1: And then all of our interests are like you neat carbs, you need carbs.
Speaker 3: I'm like, all right, if you're performing at a high level, you're gonna need some carbs. Yeah, you need some carbs. I mean I definitely eat carbs like that's it's. Carbs and cheese is my whole diet. So that's great, all right, go get some carbs and cheese. Everybody,