Speaker 1: They Around the NFL Podcast, each sold separately. Batteries not included.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another edition of the Around the NFL Podcast. I'm Greg Rosenthal sitting in for Dan Hands, our host out today surrounded in a room fill with heroes, Mark Sessler and Patrick claybaughn.
Speaker 3: What's up, guys, how are you today?
Speaker 4: I'm great.
Speaker 5: We actually we got to hang out with Jason zumwalt down by the sea and you as well. Patrick gumn On was that Thursday Friday.
Speaker 1: It was one of those eight We all literally.
Speaker 5: All fade into each other. But Zumwaltz moving to Connecticut at end of the month, I believe. But what a great hang. He's an enjoyable person to conversate with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the like the the joy that you get from the drops they come through in real life and it's like consistently delivering like hey man, like it's okay to no, Like he's on.
Speaker 1: He's awesome.
Speaker 2: He is more joyous ball of energy that are our fans, are our listeners. I should say that bought tickets for our live show back in LA and January got to enjoy. So we wish you know someone well, but he's not going anywhere. In terms of the listeners he's dropping, those don't still work.
Speaker 5: You could still do what he does voiceover acting skills from any location.
Speaker 2: The Zummie drops are staying strong, and this is a good job by our host Dan, who is out this show, but he'll be back on Thursday. We're back in the studio. We're feeling comfortable. You know that the beach was nice. The sound is pristine though in this studio, so there are positives and I feel at home here in the Chris Westling podcast studio. And Dan will be back on Thursday. We'll have a lot of mini camps, I guess. To wrap up, there's a handful of mini camps this week, and then the rest of them are next week. And then it goes from quiet to extraordinarily quiet. It really gets into Angel City season. Clayban wearing the sweatshirt of his his wife's employ Lay, the local soccer unit.
Speaker 1: Yeah we got a game against Chicago to night at Bemo Stadium. Okay, but yeah, just do you go to all the games.
Speaker 3: It's a tough go with the kids because they like to run in separate directions and they're faster now as well as stronger. And it becomes a problem. But yeah, we've gone to a couple it's been pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's a delightful fan atmosphere at that stadium. I would say I would agree. I know, I know I'm off topic here, but I would recommend soccer is happening in La. All right. We're doing a lot today. Actually, we're getting ambitious. We're trying something new and we're going to go through all thirty two teams and give you the spiciest player on every single team. And there can be no debate, There is no discussion. We are determining through scientific means, the spiciest player for all thirty two teams. Try to do like ninety second seeds. So we're giving a lot of work here to Eric back there, and Eric and Randy are going to pop in into the nineties. That's a plant.
Speaker 5: Wait to see what they come up with. But before we do that, let's do a little news.
Speaker 6: As a Western New York kid, it gives me a great deal of pride to be here today. I've been to a lot of groundbreaking ceremonies in my time at the NFL, but none of them are more meaningful than being here today.
Speaker 5: Is that Roger schedule a little emotional I've done. I've heard a little bit of, you know, emotion, hesitation in the voice there.
Speaker 2: He is. He is a Western New York guy. They got the stadium built or they got it approved, and it's getting built. It's all happening for the Bills. And we mentioned that not just because that'll be interesting when they actually have that thing done. I don't think they'll put a Super Bowl there, but it'll be fun to see it get done. The Bills are at the top of our news rundown today because they got a couple items of business done. I'm gonna mention them both and you can comment on whatever you want to. First, Ed Oliver got forty five million dollars guaranteed in a new contract. He was the top ten pick from what four years ago? Five years ago. They had said for a while they put a fifth year option on him. They wanted to keep them long term. They spoke with their paychecks a little bigger contract. I think that a lot of people expected, and then they backed up that deal with the new signing Monday morning, just as we were getting ready to tape, Leonard Floyd is joining the Buffalo Bills. Mark, what do you think.
Speaker 5: I love the signing. He has twenty nine sacks over the last three seasons. Floyd and von Miller, it sounds like von Miller will be ready for the opener. And I just go back to last year's opener and how disruptive they were. They basically blew up the season of the La Rams right out of the gate with what they could do with their pass rush. So that along with Oliver, who is only twenty five years old, I mean, this is a defense that does not have Leslie Fraser and it is going to be Sean McDermott calling the plays, so it's not going to change, but that transition, just like last year they had a new offensive coordinator. The Bills want, I think feel like they want to be as consistent as possible with their roster, with their approach, and that's one little area of transition.
Speaker 3: And an exceedingly consistent player who since twenty eighteen has literally played in every game available between the Rams in between Chicago and it gets reunited with Vaughn. I like to pick up and I love at Oliver getting paid because I always it's one of the things that always bugs me during draft season where a player questions a particular form of authority, and then somebody says, does this guy love football?
Speaker 1: And it's like, does is that the question? Or do you just not like the way he questions a particular aspect of authority? And this was what happened. I don't even remember it was there was this college coach and there was a taking plays off thing. Well, anyway, it looks like that's all been worked out at Oliver's a good football player and the Buffalo Bills are playing him, paying him, and so yes, win for the good guys.
Speaker 2: I think some contract I don't want to say dork be scause I'm one of them people that like to follow, okay, where do different players slot in? They find the financial aspect interesting, and we're a little surprised by the size of this deal. Oliver really finished strong in the twenty twenty one season. I then Megan made one I think one of my making the leaps last year and really thought he'd even take the next step. I'm not sure that quite happened. He was injured at the beginning of the year. He was He's been good. He's been a really good player. He hasn't racked up huge sack totals or anything like that. His PFF grades are always like good, not amazing, but good, but a pass rusher, And so I think this is a smart deal. Actually, I push back against those contract nerds because I think it was one where you know the players so well and it is a little more risk, I think than most contracts that you give to like a fourth year player, but they know him so well, and if you actually look at the money, it really only slots in once you count that fifth year option as like a top fifteen defensive tackle. And I think all these contracts are about to explode. And I've been saying that for a few years, but now the new TV money is truly about to come in, and I think this is one where it's like, we believe in you, at Oliver. We're gonna give you some money you could hold, you know, and wait another year and maybe make even more. Because I was thinking, if I was doing the top free agents, you can say at Oliver's only been so good as a pro, Like if I had done the top free agents this year, at Oliver would have been in the top fifteen. I mean, he would have been making a ton of money as a free agent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's an absolutely core position in the McDermott defense. And I look at these deals and you know, I'm not as contract nerd oriented as some I would say, but like two or three years from now, it's fine.
Speaker 2: It'll look better. I mean, it'll look good. And I think they like they know him, and they like him, so I think they see things too that maybe I don't see in the PFF model zones. And when he beats guys, he beats him bad. And they signed a couple of players this offseason people think, like Puna Ford that maybe like, okay, he's not like the best run defender in the world, but let's just open him up to do everything he does as well as possible, which is which is rust the pass.
Speaker 3: And there's an extent where if you're the Buffalo Bills, you're not necessarily needing at Oliver to.
Speaker 1: Be a run stopping defensive tackle, like you're gonna want to score points, You're gonna want to get after the quarterback. And that's the tough thing about modeling all of the numbers and the grades is what is the particular coaching staff asking this player to do on this play, And so that.
Speaker 2: That's a good points.
Speaker 3: They are like the people who do these things are the best in the world at what they do, but they don't necessarily have all the context.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 2: That's why we call them Patrick on his week off. We apologize that for you do.
Speaker 1: Look, this is fun.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like, you know, we got an open spot. Like who do we call? You call Colleen it or Patrick? It's one of the two, go too. That's really the way to make the show, saying and Leonard Floyd quickly, these are one of the signings that like don't get much attention to post June signings or May signings, and like he's going to end up having some huge game in a big spot and he's going to play better than I would say seventy percent of the defensive linemen that we're taking in the first round of the NFL Draft. We spent so much time and those guys. But I mean this year, like he'll be good. He'll be like justin Houston for the Ravens. I actually did some homework, some source work on Leonard Floyd right after he got cut because I was like, man, I thought Leonard Floyd played well. Asked some rams people like like what do you think of Leonard Floyd Like, and they were just like, look, he's still like a league average or even better starter. He's just like, we can't afford him the way that his contract was struck, and like, if we can get him back this offseason, we would love to. And I don't think he really wanted to do that. I think if he was gonna take less money, he wanted to New So to.
Speaker 5: Your point, Patrick, he's not missed a game. He's a terrible Yeah, and he was six.
Speaker 2: He was like the third best player at our defense was the response I got.
Speaker 5: So and when they lost Von Miller, that defense suffered. And so it's like just what you want as many a dressers as you can possibly get.
Speaker 3: Hit the quarterback twenty two times last year was most of his entire career.
Speaker 2: So the Dalvin Cook situation has been hanging out there this offseason. I thought the most interesting part of Dalvin Cook's JNE this offseason, in terms of his news journey, his Rotal World Player blurb journey, was when the Minnesota Vikings one day took him down as part of the background of their Twitter profile where they have like three players, and I think it's I will check now, but I think it's like Jefferson Cousins in Madison, which is kind of random, and it was Dalvin Cook and now it's in Madison. I was like, Oh, that's something. But he's still on the team and there's still this open question whether he's going to be on the team. But there were multiple little reports out there over the weekend that I thought would be worth hitty on. One was from Jeremy Fowler ESPN that thought the Dolphins would be the most likely team to trade for Cook. And then another one, which was from the Miami Herald Berry Jackson, who said that the Cook to the Dolphins would be a quote real possibility, but they they thought maybe if he got released that they would wait to see if he'd get really so either way, a lot of Dolphins Cook talk, Patrick Labo, what do you think?
Speaker 1: And it makes sense.
Speaker 3: But looking back to the way we felt about Mike McDaniels in year one, it's like, Oh, this is gonna be Shanahan East and they're gonna run the ball and most of the most of the action was was balls to to Jalen and Tyreek, right, And I don't know that our vision of what the Dolphins are is a representation of who the running backs were last year, Like, does Dalvin necessarily change that?
Speaker 1: I'm I'm not sure it does.
Speaker 3: Like from a fantasy perspective, I would I wouldn't know how to feel about it. I just know Dalvin's still a really good player. He had health issues, news flashed like this is football, like everybody on any even play is going to have some problems. But I think it makes sense. But I don't necessarily know how much sense it makes. If that makes.
Speaker 5: Sense, Yeah, it struck me as a little bit of an odd landing spot. They've got Raheem Mostert, they've got Jeff Wilson, Miles Gaskin. I mean, I guess the one thing I do think that would be similar to Shanahan's approach, even though last year, You're right, they run, the run was not their strength Necessarily that the Niners have no problem using like five different running backs and so I could see this, Yeah, well no, but the Niners do. So I'm saying that the Mike McDaniel and Miami might have the same yes, right, yeah, so far. Yeah, so I just I don't hate the pairing. You know, cook Is also spends his off season in South Florida. He's he's down there. Maybe that appeals to him.
Speaker 4: On some level.
Speaker 2: We'll see. I think he's not gonna be a Viking. Half the NFL is in South Florida.
Speaker 5: I just don't think he's It feels like he's he's out in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Don't you think it feels like it's over.
Speaker 2: It's weird though he's not on the roster. But that's why we found great point Mark. It's how we found about Zadaria Smith for a while, and he truly was off the roster eventually.
Speaker 3: Now he's after through the going away party for.
Speaker 2: Himself, right, So maybe the Viking they're trying to wait out, just getting like a late pick. His cap numbers fourteen million dollars. They are super close to the cap in terms of, like if they need any extra money to just you know, sign some people here or there. He's doue ten point four. But he's a little different than most of these other running backs we talk about because like he still looks good to me, like and I know he had a little injury and maybe last year he wasn't like as good. But I feel like there's a fifty to fifty chance you're gonna get another peak Dalvin Cook season or two. He averaged four point four yards per carry seven point six yards per catch last year. He had a number of explosive plays, Like I don't think he's running to the end of his career. And he played seventeen games. It's not like he didn't play.
Speaker 3: He played, and there's there's just so much extra value in a running back that you don't have to take off the field. They can do somebody, and I know Mike McDaniel values that. Now I'm talking myself into maybe it making more, but it's I'll just it's gonna be hard to see Dalvin.
Speaker 1: Somewhere else in my mind, but I know that based on the way that the Vikings are moving, it feels really.
Speaker 4: But jarring Jersey switch for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've loved Cook as a pro, and I don't know, there's there's not many players on defense I trust for the Viking. So it's like, is it such a bad idea if you're trying to win football games? Yeah, you're twenty twenty three to just keep Madison and Cook another year because he's the most explosive player outside of Jefferson. I guess they have a lot of explosive players. They got Addison now too. I like Osbourne, but it's like, why not have more?
Speaker 3: If it's not, then show me what you're spending the fourteen million dollars on. Don't go twenty twenty two cowboys and save the money. And then it's just like, oh, that's money, and it's like.
Speaker 4: Oh, it will be nice to have iving in Florida.
Speaker 2: It could be some like long term deals. It could be justin Jefferson, So it could it. If that's the case, then yeah, it might. It might make some sense. But I don't know who their backup would be in that situation. By the way, it's ty Chandler. There's a fifth round pick a year ago, Dwayne McBride in Kenny Nwango, who I'm not not familiar with you like an injury away from.
Speaker 3: Nowango is the kick returning specialist who's it's one of the more explosive players you'll ever see.
Speaker 2: Not gonna play much running back, you always get to see j Hamm a carrier two. That's fun. All right, Let's finish with just like a what if scenario that we've We've heard about this before, but it was a little more confirmed from Greg Bishop, who's a reporter I really trust in respect, always really good and he always knows the Seattle scene especially, and he mentioned in an article how Russell Wilson to the Eagles was maybe even closer than we thought, that it was more Russell Wilson's side that was not big on it. He made it sound like Russell Wilson all but turned down a potential Eagles trade. So the Eagles and Howie Roseman, who's in number one on my GM list and all this stuff like it very well could have been Russell Wilson to Alan Robinson last year instead of Jalen Hurts to AJ Brown. So sometimes you just you gotta get a little bit of luck here too, because I do not I know the coaching would have helped them play better than Alan Robinson to Russell Wilson sounds like, but they would not have been in the super Bowl one possession away from what I love that for the Eagles.
Speaker 5: I mean to me, I think probably Jalen Hurts had something to do with it. You're in a competition if you go to Philadelphia versus the fact that in Denver there was nothing but a clear avenue to start, the commanders.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't have been there with a contract. I mean, hurt This is where I do wonder about it.
Speaker 5: Ay, maybe they you know, because Hurts was on this like constant audition for his job until he suddenly they get aj Brown and we see one year later we think completely different about him. He's an MVP level quarterback. Like, you're right, the fates what swung in Philadelphia's favor there because everything we saw from Russell Wilson tells me that the Eagles would have been in a very dark place had that gone down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And hindsight, looking back on it, it's like, oh it was it was always going to be Jalen. But there was a significant portion of last year and I don't know what Howie and the folks in Philly were thinking, but there was a discussion like, well, you know, the Eagles are so good, you know you're gonna put Gardner Minshew in and the offense is gonna and then it happened.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, okay, this is right.
Speaker 2: So like a lot of it does, there are these moments and actually justin Jefferson going to the Eagles instead of Jalen Rager is another one. I think about often, and that would have been a totally different what if that, So that that one didn't work out well for them either, this one worked out great. And this actually is backing up what our guy Ian rapport said last offseason. I think it kind of fell under the raider where he thought, uh, he was pretty convinced Wilson would land with the Eagles, but Wilson wouldn't budge on his preference. That Denver was always his number one choice, and he really was trying to get to Denver.
Speaker 1: I feel like the money probably has a bit of a factor as.
Speaker 2: Well, right Rightsion would have Philly given him all that money that Denver did. I don't know, but I'm much more excited to watch the Eagles, I mean, and I would have been with that commentation. All right, that's it for news, and I'm excited to start what's gonna be, you know, a regular segment. I'm just gonna call it now, we're bringing this back.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Okay, well you check and see how it goes.
Speaker 1: First regular June segments. Let's get it.
Speaker 2: They we didn't really agree on what spiciest player meant, So we're going to talk the spiciest players on each team, and I said spicy. I left that to interpretation personally. I interpreted the word different depending on the situation. I think there's I think the word spicy is flexible, and that's one of the reasons why I like.
Speaker 5: I One thing that I did, though, because you could argue that you could have eighty percent quarterback talk here if we wanted. I tried to veer away from like the obvious stark through back person to find something else that I feel is sort of an X factor, tipping point type player for various teams.
Speaker 2: I feel similar. But sometimes it's just some people give off a spicy vibe. Sometimes Star Coars I may have one in there.
Speaker 4: I just feel it. It's hard to explain. I'll know when it's happened.
Speaker 2: I'll let my players speak for themselves, and I'll I'll say that they know someone is a little feisty, a little spicy, little gives you a little extra Okay, likes spicy. It's like spicy. It's like you see that player a little bit and it's almost like the spicy aftertaste of something that's sneaky spicy, where thirty seconds later you're like, Wow, there's a little more to that player.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I'm feeling them fully expected.
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to go through all thirty two teams. Always dangerous when we do this, so we are going to put a clock on it. Eric, give us a whistle after ninety seconds. We don't need a warning. We're not going to talk the ninety seconds, you know, just one person or anything, but do give us a whistle after ninety seconds. You got it, and then we'll we'll move on. We're going to start in the AFC North with Mark Let's go uh the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 4: I have identified my spicy players, JK. Dobbins.
Speaker 5: I know that with Monkin there's gonna be and we're hearing Lamar Jackson tell people I'm gonna throw for six thousand yards.
Speaker 4: No, you're not.
Speaker 5: I do like the weapons there in a much better way. But we have Dobbins. That's still gonna be a Baltimore Ravens team that's gonna need to run the ball here and there. And he's another year removed from a pretty complex ACL surgery. I think last year I went I'd like this assigning because I went and watched a little bit of him, and there are still plays where you see the power in the explosion.
Speaker 4: I think his speed was a little.
Speaker 5: Bit off, but this is a guy that was a ninety ninth percentile in his forty yard dash and ninety six percentile speed score before he was drafted.
Speaker 4: He has a career five point nine yards per carry. And this was a dominant college player who's shown it and flashes. And if you get the best version of Dobbins, it only makes that offense that is gonna be more balanced, that much more of a threat.
Speaker 2: I mean, checking out tape. That's Spicy Mark's outfits lately. Spicy. I love it because I think about our guy Spice Rack, who loved JK. Domins. They just put that together. And he always compared him to Emmett Smith in that he thinks his feel and his vision of like getting seven yards when there's maybe only three to get is elite.
Speaker 1: And is that that's Spicy And there were clearly moments where you could see the speed the power of the burst, and you also at the same time saw that he was clearly playing on one.
Speaker 2: Leg right and it's like he's.
Speaker 3: Doing this less than a year or move from surgery. That was an extensive surgery, as you said, against professionals and still having success. I'm with you on the spicy and put it up.
Speaker 4: All right right on time too.
Speaker 2: Let's go Bengals. So this I had a few good options, but the Mike Hilton is my spicy player, and this is an interpretation of spicy where I just think he plays spicy, he mixes it up. But I also wanted to mention because I think he's a good example of what makes the Bengals great. They're really good at taking veterans from other team that were good on other teams and actually knowing how to use them too, and I think that's an underrated quality. I think they're a spicy defense because they can change who they are depending on the week. Some weeks will be big Mike Hilton weeks where they have him blitzing, they have him mixing it up. He's not as good in coverage, but they know how to hide him. Some weeks it's not as big a Mike Hilton week, and so to me, that's sort of a great example of what makes the Bengals great. But I think they've brought together a lot of spicy players, a lot of veterans who play hard, and Mike Helton to me is like a great Bengal.
Speaker 5: Mike Hilton was a West favorite two and I think it's it's good scouting inside your own division because he was an underrated Steeler and you pull him away from your rival. And then with lou Anarumu, I think what he does on a week two week basis the way he creates matchups. Since your point uses players differently in different matchups, it's a perfect landing spot for Mike Hilton.
Speaker 3: At some points in the game, especially in the postseason, Mike Hilton transforms into a five to nine and eighty five pound edge rusher right and is incredible at it, and it's like, what is what is this guy doing?
Speaker 1: How does it work?
Speaker 2: That's why he's see. If I was a player, I would want to be like a Mike Hillton, spicy, feisty player. I'm trying to get Walker to get on board with this. He likes playing football on the beach, but I'm trying to get him a little more. The one time that I knowoy to Walker at Colleens Gonzo's house, he was calling himself a cornerback and didn't So you right there, spicy.
Speaker 1: All Right, you got the Browns, I got the Cleveland Browns, and okay, so my context for spicy it was like, what's what's a spicy take that I have about the player.
Speaker 3: Maybe has a reason to be a little spicy about his circumstances, and it's Elijah Moore. Elijah Moore celebrates a touchdown at Ole Miss. The whole world implodes, like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's pretending to be a dog. This is the worst thing that ever happened. He's a bad person.
Speaker 3: Then he goes to the Jets, where he's essentially doing cardio for a quarterback room that doesn't necessarily work. The coaches don't and now he's out, and now he's in Cleveland. And this is a guy who's twenty three years old, who has plenty of talent. I think he can make it happen. I don't know what. The quarterback situation almost went with Nick Chubb because they were a team that was good and they make the quarterback change and all of a sudden they're not good as good as they were. And Nick Chubb deserves a team he's been so good for so long. But Elijah Moore is spicy to me because I think in terms of where he's being drafted right now, I know ADP fantasy wise is it's June. It's early June. But I think he's going to outperform that significantly.
Speaker 5: We're just a couple of years removed from a summertime full of Elijah Moore hype and how dominant he was. I think I like the situation in Cleveland because they really needed wide outs. He's got a chance to be a big contributor, especially if they get better quarterback play. I still think Cleveland is a potential landing spot for DeAndre Hopkins. They've been whispered about here and there. That would change things a little bit more. I think I can't wait to see what he does.
Speaker 2: He would compliment him. His routes are spicy. I went and watched those routes as a rookie, and I was, I think one of the people leading the hype last offseason thinking he was gonna be great because he just makes dudes look bad. He fits well in today's NFL. All right, Mark Steelers, all right?
Speaker 5: I had there were a lot of ways I could go here, and this maybe feels a little more obvious, but George Pickens because again, it was just like watching some of his incredible contested catches and he had the one catch against the Browns. I believe it was Thursday Night football, whereas just essentially spinning around and catching it behind his back. I mean, there are things happening that normal human beings will never accomplish physically, but they're happening with him. He's a massive like asset for Kenny Pickett. And if you look at this offense, Najie Harris, Pickett, Pickens, Jalen Warren, Frett, Pat Fryarmouth, Darnell Washington, Deontay Johnson, Alan Robinson will see. But the rebuilt offensive line, there aren't a lot of excuses for the Steelers as a group. We saw down the stretch last year to make a big step up, and I think that Pickens is this complete game changing element in that offense.
Speaker 2: Those I mean, he gets the highlight plays, but he's pretty good at the regular just slant routes too. I know he doesn't do well in an exercise like Matt Harmon, our friend does the reception perception and he's maybe not totally complete receiver yet, and so Pickens doesn't score that highly in that. But that reminds me a little bit of DK Metcalf in that you can get better at those other things, but you have the one thing that's already dominant. Lean into that.
Speaker 1: That's that's spicy, and you can The spice comes out to me in just how twitchy he is as a mover where he has these he has these highlight pancake blocks almost every other week, like every third week, there's a corner.
Speaker 3: That's lined up and George Pickens just puts them almost dirt, and it's like, Where's where's this coming from. He's a very explosive guy, and I think just like a lot of you know, the spices that the Caps say.
Speaker 2: I've said the Steelers are going to the playoffs, right, you have you need a little something to juice a U picket who doesn't seem this spicy. I got the Texans, you know. I thought about Stroud and I was kind of avoiding quarterbacks too, because Stroud makes better throws than people give him credit for. But I'm gonna go Jalen Petrie because does I look at this exercise a way to talk about someone Maybe we haven't hit on on this show much, but seems like he's going to be a guy we are hitting on more in the coming years because he was one of the best defensive rookies in the NFL. Last year, he was second among tackles. He missed a lot of tackles too. Likes he's the type of guy who's trying to make big plays, and he made a lot of big plays. I think of that Chiefs game where they were kind of close against Mahomes and he gave a lot of trouble. He forces turnovers, he intercepts the ball. He's just everywhere, and they love him. He can do a little bit of everything. You can play him near the line of scrimmage, but he's not gonna kill you in coverage any hits. He seems like he's one of the few players who's figured out how to hit in today's NFL. Maybe because he's come up that way, I don't know, and the rules have been different, but he hits consistently, and he hits hard, and Texans fans like on Twitter love them some. Jalen peetrees a shout out to them.
Speaker 3: I think it's a lot of players who maybe should be spicy. Are the players who are on the Texans they weren't necessarily putting this this effort as they are in twenty twenty three because looking at like Peach, like the bones that are there. Yeah, and now Dimiko comes in, there's something to believe in, whereas like in Petree's a huge part of that.
Speaker 2: Whereas it's thing we just didn't see it as much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what's the commitment, But now you can see it.
Speaker 2: It's what's gonna happen if if I hon too long. So it works, we move on. Patrick, you got the cults.
Speaker 3: Okay, I will take the Indianapolis Colts, and I will take a quarterback. And it's not the quarterback you think, because this Gardner Minshew gonna play like it is. There's there's so many schools of thought regarding like, oh, if the quarterback doesn't have a lot of success instantly, then his mind's not gonna work anymore, and he's not gonna be a good football player anymore. Like if to me, like I think, if you're that mentally fragile, like maybe you weren't going to be successful in the first place. But Gardner Minshew can captivate a pop like we've seen that. And so if things come in.
Speaker 2: And activated this guy tobout.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if they take the route, if they if they believe in the idea that, uh, you know, we don't want to ruin Richardson. The Gardener Minche is gonna end up playing, and I think I think that's spicy.
Speaker 5: Well, I also think he is if you were to rank back up quarterbacks, Minshew is a fringe starter, So I think that's it's a it's a great thing to have him behind Richardson. If there is some lag in his progress, I trust Shane Steichen, who you know, they didn't rush Jalen Hurts into the lineup. They took their time there. There's some blueprint on what you do. I also I do though, when you someone like Anthony Richardson, if he's sort of lighting people up in the preseason. It's even though Gardner Minshew is a really likable, enjoyable player, like, it's a little tough. It's a tough spot because the crowd, the first line of trouble is going to be going nuts for the idea that you've got this rookie who can do superhuman things on the field. It won't be long before he plays.
Speaker 2: I feel like Minshew's I don't think he's underrated. But he's not overrated. I think because his teams has lost so much. You know, when he was in Jacksonville. You ignore the seven point one yards per attempt for his career, forty four touchdowns, fifteen intersect Like, he's a good player, he could be really good with that coaching. I'm with you, Mark, you are up with the Jags.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: So this is where I swerved away from Trevor Lawrence. We'll talk about him all summer. But I think that this is a team that didn't do a whole lot this offseason because they spent so much last offseason to formulate and Doug Peterson offense. But I do love with the trade they pulled off in the middle of last season for Calvin Ridley, who I think we forget about the fact is like we haven't seen him in so long. This is a phenomenal wide receiver who you go back to twenty twenty, he had thirteen hundred yards, ninety catches, and nine touchdowns and discovered mid season that he had been playing on a broken foot.
Speaker 4: So now when the foot is not broken, what's happening?
Speaker 5: And I mean it's like kind of just like you didn't have the most game changing draft on the planet. You were quiet in free agency, but this is in the legitimate option that changes your ass game and helps fast forward the progress of Trevor Lawrence, who was incredible down the stretch.
Speaker 2: That's a great point. Mark. I love that too, because if you think about Doug Peterson, he seems like he's a good coach for receivers. Like they got a lot out of Zay Jones, they got a lot out of Christian Kirk, they got a lot out of the receivers when they were in Philadelphia, guys who struggled elsewhere, Like they should be able to get a lot out of Ridley.
Speaker 3: And I think he comes into a room that knows where their strengths are and he can only be a plus. And like the numbers are necessary. They're going to change for Zay, They're going to change for Christian. But Calvin Ridley gives you an option and they're like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, they're His suspension was not spicy though, game gambling on in sports not not spicy.
Speaker 1: But spicy.
Speaker 3: Go Reda's player's tribute an article. It goes into context on his decisions on his foot injury. It's it's really good introspective as well.
Speaker 5: I like Gregork that you put the AFC South up early, because they're always last in these extras.
Speaker 2: There was a reason behind that, but yes, we we went in a different order, going north, south west east. It's never happened before in a podcast situation Tennessee. I think of our great friend Justin Graver, who's not doing a great job over at at Fox, and I remember he liked it when I said, you gotta build the whole plane out of Chigoconko. I mean Chigoconquo. There. Tight End defines spice to me. He is the spicy guy. He's made for spice. He's running over guys in the open field. He's big, he's nasty, he looks strong. He's who Mike Faber won. He's like you go to Korea Town and you're like, should I get the medium or should I get the spicy? And you have to adjust a little because Koreatown's spicy is a little spicier even than your regular Caucasian establishment spicy. I'm not adjusting for spice when it's chigo Quonco. I'm cranking up the spice.
Speaker 5: And you do need to build the whole plane out of him, Greg because like their their third wide receiver right now is a fifth round pick, Kyle Phillips. It's like, right, they are very lighted wide out. He had these moments last year where he made them so watchable.
Speaker 2: I mean, just I see it. You can kind of like Hittle a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean like in tight ends, we know they take like a year or two to kind of formulate, and like you can already see these flash moments with.
Speaker 3: Him, and that's a really great call because you're thinking about like twenty eighteen George Kittle where he was running over everybody, and then that's what like on not as good of a team Chigo Kwonko was doing towards the end of the season. It's just the Titans were kind of falling apart. Like what happens if the team gets it together, it's like it's gonna be all Chig all the time.
Speaker 2: Baby, I'll be disappointed if he has the career out of Johnny Smith, who I once similarly loved and was in a similar.
Speaker 3: Spot the team.
Speaker 2: What a time to take a break. We haven't done it yet, and we are going to hear from our sponsors. Let's do it all right, we are back and we are going to the team that Russell Wilson did land with the Denver Broncos.
Speaker 1: Patrick, it's Russell Wilson.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Okay, because things just so bad and it's it can never be just on one person when things are that bad. It took a cavalcade of errors and and just bad football, bad planning, bad implementation. And I think the outcomes, clearly the outcomes are going to be better. They got better towards the end of the season. But I think if you're gonna believe in a player and have that belief be spicy. Considering the conversation last year that the spiciest player to believe in on the Denver Broncos as Russell.
Speaker 5: Wills, Well, everything pivots around what happens there. I mean, it's like it wasn't an Urban Meyer situation, but they just seemed like massively disorganized from a coaching staff perspective. There was, you know, reports that Wilson was out there sort of calling Seahawks types plays, he didn't know the playbook, he was sort of lost on the field.
Speaker 2: Right, He might have been the Urban Meyer is Yeah, I bet.
Speaker 4: Sean Payton though is not good. He wasn't a disorganized.
Speaker 2: Ship, so right, he wasn't as unlikable, uh, spicy. It's an interesting because you think him you don't think Yeah. It's almost like remember when normcore was a thing. I don't know if you remember that. I don't know if that's still happening. We're just wearing like really basic clothes like Dad Court, almost like wearing the most basic clothes possible with suddenly.
Speaker 4: Men's fashion in general basics.
Speaker 2: Right, So Russell Wilson is almost so vanilla boring that he that can't be. He's a fun he was a fun player in the past, and he's got good players and he's got a great coach, so that's totally fair that he could be an entertaining player.
Speaker 5: I could also see him potentially benched by week six or seven for Jared Stidham if he is the guy from one.
Speaker 2: Last season, see my fear. In my expectations, he'll be sort of in the middle. He'll just be like the thirteenth best quarterback in the league and won't be that bad. Let's go Mark Chiefs.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, I don't know where I else to do this, because again, it's like reab Patrick Mahomes Spice here, but like Darius Tony to me, is on a kind of a bit of a weird wide out group for the Chiefs right now. They're already talking him up as having a pretty clear path to being the number one receiver. Now, I think part of it is like, that's great. When he's healthy, he does things that are a total fascination. Can he stay healthy? Can you really rely on him to play that role? But I mean, I have to feel like, if you're Andy Reid, you could spend a full straight month in the offseason devising trickery and elements of Kadarius Tony because we saw it in the Super Bowl. I mean, the game changing touchdown, the longest punt return in Super Bowl history.
Speaker 4: I just don't see why at this point.
Speaker 5: He also had the highest target rate of any any wide on the team last year, so it's like they were starting to use him more and more. Can you project him into a big, big role as a number one guy?
Speaker 2: We'll see, Yeah, worry.
Speaker 3: The number one guy is always going to be Travis Kelcey. It's tough to say that he's going to be the number one guy. But if Kadarius Tony is on the field, like Andy Reid's going to utilize him. And that's a good thing if you're a fantasy manager, if you're the Chiefs, especially because Patrick Mahomes is going to distribute, now are they Is he going to get one hundred and twenty nine balls? Probably not, But that's because you have a really good quarterback. It's going to make the right decisions.
Speaker 2: Could he be seventy for one thousand? I think so, But I've got to stay healthy and worries me. I will always remember from my vantage point at that Super Bowl how the blocking sort of set up for that punt return and he could see it, and he like takes that step one way, and you're like, oh my god, this is gonna change. Here we go the entire game and you almost scored. I think he probably wishes he scored. Ran out of gas. You know who doesn't run out of gas? The Chargers. Wait, they totally do in a big spot, but Justin Herbert doesn't. So I avoided I'd avoided star quarterbacks too, Mark, except for this one. I just was like, don't forget that. Justin Herbert is one of the most talented players we've ever seen. I was thinking in the in the context of this podcast, I would put Herbert with Andrew luck, Patrick Mahomes, and Lamar Jackson as the most talented, pure capital t talented coquarterbacks that I've seen come into the league. Now, Josh Allen, you could throw in there now after the fact, but I didn't know he could throw the ball like he could, And that's on me. But Herbert is that guy, and I think with new coaching h and the best group around him, and it's year four, he's a smart dude who's learned a lot as a pro man, I think he can take that next level and be even spicier than ever.
Speaker 5: Like it was mismanaged last year. No one liked the offensive coordinator of the system in general. He played through injury. I mean, I think other guys would have not been on the field. It's questionable that he should not have been on the field for some of that too, But I mean it is the size, the toughness, like the physical traits, and the fact that, like you know, before, he was a starter. Like I thought on hard Knocks, he came across as a little bit of a floating personality. But they love him and he's like he's one of the more watchable quarterbacks we've ever.
Speaker 2: Hacially off the field.
Speaker 3: It's fair, yeah, and like who needs maybe he could be spicy in the sense that he's running counter to whateverbody else does and how everybody else is, Like maybe we could view that as spicy, and like looking at the even the playoff loss, right Travis etn Out touched Austin Eckler after the second half, like the Chargers.
Speaker 1: Said that massive lead, like that's that's not on that's not on.
Speaker 2: Justice, it's not. But it was a little bit of a disappointing second half. I don't think he played. He did not. It wasn't that he got robbed. He didn't play great either.
Speaker 1: Defense also could have got to stop.
Speaker 2: Right raiders Patrick wrapping up the West.
Speaker 3: I will take a really good player. I will take arguably the best receiver in football and say it's DeVante Adams because Davante comes to Las Vegas, he's playing with his college teammate, and then that all falls apart and now it's like what's going on, Like what is this organization's plan? People are maybe saying I'm low on DeVante, that's he's still that dude. He is still him. That is DeVante Adams. I am not necessarily doubting him. I think he's gonna outperform even even though it's like a top fifteen ADP. I think he's still DeVante Adams. He's still gonna get open. I have questions about the quarterback, he should have questions about the franchise situation.
Speaker 1: But I think he's I mean.
Speaker 5: He survived bad quarterback play last year and had a monster season, So it's kind of like a trick there's just like a cheat code type player where it.
Speaker 4: Doesn't really matter.
Speaker 5: He's been with a bunch of like he you know, I think for him, like the quarterback play with Rogers is one thing, but he would he wanted so badly to prove that he could do it without Aaron Rodgers last year, and he absolutely did. And it's TVD on Jimmy Garoppolo's health. But I don't think Jimmy Garoppolo is a step down from car I just don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think it's a big difference. I'm with you. I had someone at a school event asked me, you know, you get the football talk at the school event. Is DeVante Adams still the best wide receiver? Link like, how would you rank him? Jefferson? I forgot who else they threw in there. Maybe it was Digs and Chases the top four, and I was like, I don't know. I think Adams is close to there, but at this point I would take Jefferson and Chase maybe if I'm ranking one, two, three, But that's not fair. I'm almost projecting because he's thirty. It hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 1: All these guys have such unique skill sets and the circumprances, they're all good.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is in that group. We are going on to the AFC East and this is when Eric is gonna step in. He's been helping us edit the shows lately. He's also a Bill's fan, and he's gonna tell us who the spiciest Bill is.
Speaker 7: Right, we're going back to back wide receivers here, Davonte Adams's Stefan Diggs. Okay, Buffalo, I feel like he's got a little bit of everything. What kind of spice you want? He's cryptic in the offseason. It's every year, where is he happy? Is he leaving?
Speaker 1: Buffalo?
Speaker 7: Fans are always in civil war over him. He believes in himself he's always on the sidelines. I am him, I am him. He's great at what he does. He gets hot, he gets picked up on hot, Mike's cussing out Patriots fans.
Speaker 2: He's got the full ball spice. What kind of spice you want? Hot? You want telling you everything? Stephan Diggs, guys, I love that and unbelievably talented and known as sort of the hardest worker in the room in that he feels confident getting on others when they don't live up to his standard.
Speaker 5: Would it be spicy if he's staged a summertime holdout, Oh.
Speaker 7: It would be very I mean it might as well be. At this point, Buffalo fans are up and it's it's not a big deal.
Speaker 2: Though, do we know if he's coming to the mandatory mini camp. I would very much like it if he did, Okay, but we don't know.
Speaker 1: Yah.
Speaker 2: I mean if skipping the non mandatory stuff, who cares. There's a million players doing that all around the league, including like well respected veterans that aren't getting any attention.
Speaker 3: And there's a fine structure tied to it. Anyway, Like, if he doesn't go, it's his choice. I still thick stuff on Diggs. It's going to be a good football player in twenty twenty three. Regardless of where he shows up.
Speaker 2: For Mini caamp right, I would have him solidly in my top five receivers. I know his numbers weren't quite as good last or maybe they were and I'm just totally wrong, but I don't care. He can get up and he's like that.
Speaker 4: Eric quietly made this three minutes long because.
Speaker 2: Now he's didn't build. He was quick on it. He was quick on got three to two one. Here we go, stop that whistle there. I couldn't have been more wrong on his numbers being lower last year. He had fourteen hundred and twenty nine yards, eleven touchdown.
Speaker 7: He had a little bit of a down under Nate Catch had a little bit of a like a quiet month in the middle of the season somewhere.
Speaker 2: And I don't want a fantasy team, so I couldn't have been more wrong. Though he has lit it up. Dude, he's gonna looking at his numbers now. He could go to the Hall of Fame. He is gonna have a realistic chance now.
Speaker 3: They look at it.
Speaker 2: He's got the opros, He's got the numbers. Like if he keeps stacking years. Next up, Mark, you got the Dolphins.
Speaker 5: I am going a little bit of a different direction here because it's not a player, it.
Speaker 4: Is a coach. It is Vikfuanio.
Speaker 2: Oo.
Speaker 4: I think that.
Speaker 5: You know, it's so all Dolphins talk is always like two of this, two of that. The wide receivers. You know they want to they maybe want to add Dalvin Cook.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 5: It's always gonna be that way with this team under Mike McDaniel. But Jalen Phillips, Christian Wilkins, Bradley Chubb, Jalen Ramsey, Xavien Howard, Andrew Van Giggle. There's like seven more people I could name if you go look at their defense essentially analytically on PFF's like team page. There is no real weakness here. And I think that in this division where it's gonna be like doggy dog like, this is the defense that I think could put lights out on Buffalo, could rattle the Jets. Patriots offense doesn't scare me. It's like this defense to me, has a chance to be special. And everywhere that Vic Fangio.
Speaker 4: Goes, it's like, yes, he flips the switch.
Speaker 5: And I think this is quietly one of the better coaching staffs in the league because McDaniel is special to me as a head coach. He does something different than other coaches do.
Speaker 3: And I know that there's probably people are like, well, Vic Fangio, well came in and you know, consulted with the Eagles before playing Patrick Mahomes, like come on, like right, Sometimes things don't don't necessarily work out, but I love it. Vic is spicy. Yeah, back to he's a spicy individual.
Speaker 5: He's a bit cantankerous. I had to interview him once. I think I mentioned it was just like he didn't want to see I mean, on any level.
Speaker 2: I couldn't help but think he kind of buried Bradley Chubb publicly and now Bradley Chubb is playing for him. But then I heard some I think there was some Bradley Chubb comments like he loves Vic Fangoe. He's the type of guy that can bury you a little publicly, but they love him behind the scenes. I'm going to do the Patriots. I have Christian Barmore as my spicy player. So this is interpreting spicy in that I just think he's integral to what's going to happen to this team. I think their front seven, especially their defensive line, could be very spicy, as good as it's been in six years or so since kind of the Chandler Jones peak. And I think bar Moore is the key to it all because he was really their best player as a rookie, which really doesn't happen much as an interior player was hurt last year, wasn't quite as impactful. I think Bill Belichick's very high on him, but just didn't pop as much a year ago. And if he comes back and now is a third year player who's been in that scheme and they know how to use him and he lives up to his potential, I think you could see him as an all pro type of player and take that unit, which is to me very deep and talented, to another level where they're one of the best groups in the entire NFL.
Speaker 5: I thought you might go Bill O'Brien there, because so much if it's on that, I didn't think coaches that's a good way to think. I wish I said some of these teams just like all kind of rests on this, but this is a Bill Belichick type player.
Speaker 1: You said it.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just like and I trust Belichick just to continue to make him the star that he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's been of course, looking back, you know, Dante took that year off but eventually retired, and like people talk about this, you know Belichick and Saban relationship, it's like, oh, the players come in and it doesn't necessarily here's another instance where they got a good player and a good spot. Probably Barmar could have gone a little bit earlier, but he fell to New England and it's worked out. Like it's it's one of those.
Speaker 1: As much as we criticize when they take somebody it doesn't work out, this is a hit. This is a win for Bill.
Speaker 2: Absolutely needs to get on the field a little more. Patrick, you got the Jets wrapping up the AFC.
Speaker 3: Oh so much young talent, so many guys who had good ricky seasons, And I'm gonna take one of them. But it's not the one you think. Makai Beckton had a great season twenty he has a catastrophic knee injury. It takes a little bit longer and people are out on him. It's like, oh, yeah, he's not trying hard because no, I think it's spicy to believe in mckaie Beckton, a guy who had so much promise. Dwayne Brown recently had surgery and so it's it's gonna move McKay Beckton up a little bit. Is is circumstance to get on the field, and I think he's closer to being back. And I have a spicy belief in McKay Beckton despite the fact there's a guy who's very spicy is going to be his quarterback. I think it's spicy.
Speaker 1: To be spicy.
Speaker 5: It is like there's a high variance for what we could get from him, but there have been very positive off season reports. I think you're right that the stories of him maybe not being the most driven individual on the planet or in the past at this point, that left side of the line. If he turns out to be the guy that we think he is, Lake and Tomlinson a guard, Joe Tipman at center, I mean, it's Vera Tucker at Reigart. You start to see it and it's like it's absolutely critical that Aaron Rodgers is kept upright.
Speaker 2: The way that like career arcs go. Even if Beckton has an up and down career, I feel like he is maybe gonna be good for one season or two seasons where like he's a different maker, and this would make sense as that type of season. Like he they haven't given up on him. He's shown he has talent. He showed that as a rookie. How are we feeling at halftime here?
Speaker 3: I feel I feel good?
Speaker 2: I mean we bid off a lot here. What's our halftime show? What did you prepare? I mean clay Bon's and shorts here. I don't know, maybe it's June. Yeah, I don't know what the halftime show would be here, but he looks more just ready for one.
Speaker 3: Well, we got we got Taylor and Beyonce are coming this summer and fall over at so Far. I guess if people, if people are listening to this, we're gonna sit here till then they could play. They could play there.
Speaker 2: No, I'm feeling good, like a snack or anything.
Speaker 4: No, I'm ready to Okay, elve into the third.
Speaker 2: Well, we also drive up to so Far and people would know this from out of town. It's right next to the Old Forum, which is where the Lakers used to play, which they now have turned into a concert venue. And uh, they have some big acts there. But then you also have ones where Brian Adams is playing soon with Joan Jet as his what do they call it, you know, opening band. Yeah, and I thought, well, Brian Adams sell you know, playing a eight thousand person stadium in the year twenty twenty three with Joan Jet. Surprise. I'm a little surprised.
Speaker 5: It is interesting around our workplace because whenever one of these shows occur, whether it's at SOFI or the Forum, you just see a very different from show to show. The crowds that gather and this is going to be a lot of dudes and chicks in their forties and fifties listening to Brian Adams. But then there was one band that showed up and it was like hundreds of like moms and young girls and Kitty Cat ears walking around.
Speaker 2: Well, Suga, I might be saying his name wrong, Like a solo act from BTS was there last week, and yeah, the place was swarmed for days.
Speaker 3: I mean, the Intuit Dome is going to be done pretty soon and then we could just have three wide concerts.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 2: That's where the Clippers are going to play, which is yeah, about to be about two blocks away, and the key in the the Forum where the concerts is literally like sharing a parking lot fearing on commute from Hell. It's gonna be a lot, all right. That was our halftime show. Mark, You're gonna kick us off in the NFC north of the Bears.
Speaker 5: All right, Dj Moore, I just I think this is this, this pick up when we talk about what happened with Jalen Hurts a year ago. You go get aj Brown and suddenly the whole offense starts to sing. And I think the Justin Fields having done QB index, I'd always get these tweets when I put as he climbed up and up the rankings, and it was Joel he can run, you can do nothing else.
Speaker 4: He did improve as a passer.
Speaker 5: There was a stretch of the season where you started to see it, and I think it's fair to expect that jump. And I think Dj Moore is the kind of guy that only he can separate. He had more average, more yards of separation last season than every receiver in the league other than Justin Jefferson, Ceedee Lamb and DeVante Adams We've.
Speaker 2: Talked about here.
Speaker 5: Well, I love that fit to Justin Fields, and I think that if you're Ryan, like Ryan Poles went out and got the kind of player.
Speaker 4: It was a very savvy trade.
Speaker 5: I think we all look at that, the fact that the Bears, you know, there's no winner of that trade yet, but that to go get Dj Moore, I think it completely changed what they can do on offense. And Moore's already shown that he can do it. So it's not a draft guy you're hoping hits.
Speaker 2: You know he will, right, He's a guy like every team could use. Sometimes you get carried away of like you need to search for the true number one. This this that, Like he reminds me of like a basketball player that's like a wing that can hit threes and defend. Like literally every team could use Dj Moore and he's gonna make them way better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there were points during late last season where you had the lesser Saint Brown Brother and Chase Claypool were like the best guys out in the route for Chicago, and.
Speaker 1: It's like E is, Yeah, that's the red I didn't feel like.
Speaker 2: I mean, he also has the dad, the Mister Universe dad, Like, I'm not picking him Monrad though, as my lie and I could have. He's pretty spicy, But I'm gonna go Jamir Gibbs. There was so much focus on the value of that pick, taking a running back there and who else they could have taken, and I think a little bit less on Okay, how is he gonna fit into this offense? What's he going to do? I am excited as a fan of football to watch him in this offense because you have a road grading offensive line, just a big group that's played together. You have a great coordinator in Ben Johnson, and I hear the Lions fans that push back when I was like, did they upgrade that much at running back overall? Because like their last group was good. Maybe the last group looked better than it really was because the scheme and the line are so good. Jamir Gibbs might be the number one home run hitter in this offense for the first six weeks of the season. I think he is until Jamison Williams is back. He's the guy that can take it to the house. I found it a little curious. I like the pick, and I think it's like, why not go get those guys like, but it was a bit of a curious overhaul at the position. Maybe they weren't as maybe it was had a to do with the law. They were down on swift for sure.
Speaker 5: Well, I think, yeah, whatever, you could see that as the way the season played out. But I'm not a huge believer in David Montgomery is a big like upgrade over any of those guys from last season. So you know this is a coaching staff self scouting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gotta be gibbs and looking well because I know that a lot of criticism will come in. It's like, well, he had that success. He's playing with the Heisman Trophy winner, number one overall pick. But go back to his time at Georgia Tech, he was still at like five point eight yards per carre at Tech. Like, this is a guy who's been right around six yards to carry every single season in college football.
Speaker 1: I think it.
Speaker 2: Translates Montgomery no spice, yeah, and sometimes on the soup options you can get mild yeah, but there's actually an option no spice, Like if kids are going anti spice, no spice. Randy Chavez is stepping up.
Speaker 1: Talk to me.
Speaker 2: He's usually in the back helping produce in helping us behind the scenes, but he's a big time Packers fan. He's gonna give us spiciest Packer Randy what's up.
Speaker 1: In my lifetime, the Packers have had a quarterback, they've had the receiver, they've had selective defensive players. You could argue they have the running back right now. The one piece of the puzzle the Packers have never had is a dynamic tight end. And I feel like this year maybe the year the beginning of a dynamic career. My spicy pick is rookie tight end Luke Musgrave Okay at six ' six running a four point six four to six forty. I mean, he's dynamic. It's a tight end that moves like a receiver. Lafloor says he does have an elite trait in that he can flat fly and he's a large target. I mean, look at the last five Super Bowls. The last four of the last five winners have had a dynamic tight end. This could be the missing piece. Maybe.
Speaker 2: Are you worried at all? He's just so tall when he's running down the field. I just I worried, like he's gonna get hurt, and he has been hurt.
Speaker 1: I mean that was sort of my thing when it was like Gronk. When Gronk was running around, I was like, how is this practice?
Speaker 2: He was thick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't even I mean you can get you can get thicker, right, hit the gym, let's get the games up, you know. But I think it's six six and already running a four to six. That's that's what.
Speaker 3: Gronk was built, like a robot from outer space. But like Brady would send Gronk on missions, and Gronk would accept those missions and for some reason maintain this relationship with Tom. But I just think to a certain extent, if your quarterbacks getting you blasted, that that's that's on the course.
Speaker 5: So what's better for like a Jordan Love who's starting his career essentially now, to have a tight ending corn lion. I mean that's like when you don't have that, I think you see young quarterbacks suffer without that element to the offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get that. Like anyone that tall, you just worried he's gonna take a hit, which happened. Maybe it's just because it happened to him in college, but he a guy that tall, that fast is pretty rare, and he was already taken for first team reps. I love I love it, Randy. You stepped right in out of the park seamless. Uh, Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 3: Patrick, Let's let's get super spicy.
Speaker 1: Jalen Rager is my spicy players in Minnesota Bikers because it would be easy to take Kirk. It's gonna be Kirk contract Field.
Speaker 3: There's a gonna be plenty of time to talk about Kirk Cousins and his quest for money, which is he's always going to be successful and he should try to get as much as possible. But like, so, feeling's out. I think there's a spot open. Jordan Addison is going to come in, but how how much action are we expecting the rookie to to really get? Like, I think Jalen Rager is going to be a part of the offense, not necessarily throwaways, but especially in a in what could be a really Kirk themed dear where the Vikings may be playing from behind a lot. I think there's their space for Jalen Rager in our lives.
Speaker 1: And he's still an explosive player to me, and Greg has a pained look on his face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I've seen enough of Rager. He's played a lot. He had one hundred yards last year. I was like, did I miss him one hundred and four yards? He did have some good I feel like he had some. Did he have some return moments? Though not? You know, new Ago is the better one. That's a spicy pick.
Speaker 3: There's no question I wanted to be spicy.
Speaker 4: I like l A.
Speaker 5: Kg Osborne a lot. I kind of feel like Jalen Rager's sort of playing for his career.
Speaker 4: At this point. Yeah, so there will motivation.
Speaker 2: I sort of feel like I came in here and Patrick he needed a few more minutes to finish his spicy homerk like. Rager was just like a guy he wrote down at the last second.
Speaker 1: It took it. Initially when I looked at when I looked at.
Speaker 3: Your text, I thought I was just picking ten spicy players and all the way here it was like, oh they're from particular team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, check the email, Yeah there was. That was a little confusing, spicy. That was tough. I think Rager is your guy now though.
Speaker 1: I'll put a sandwich on Jalen ragor forty catches.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will take you. Put that down. Let's get it, Nick Fortier mark it down. Anytime Jalen Rager makes a play, I'm I'm gonna bug Patrick in the newsroom. You got the Falcons. Mark all right, I.
Speaker 5: Want you to imagine two players kind of arm and arm forming one player, and it's b Jon Robinson and Tyler L.
Speaker 4: Gier is my guy from last season.
Speaker 5: By the way, PFF's fifth fifth overall running back Tyler je Everyone's like, oh, he's out the picture now, No, he's not. This offense is gonna look like something from the early eighties. And I think that Arthur Smith he needed a couple of seasons to kind of get it into shape. Desmond Ritter, we're sort of waiting to see what he is through the air. But this offensive line, after years of wreckage, is they went and signed their own guys. I thought that they built up this powerful offensive line by Jhon Robinson's been used all over the place in mini camp. I think they're gonna just find creative ways to unleasham Al Jier can come in and hammer you when we're doing other things. With Bijon Robinson, they feel like an asteroid just about to destroy defenses. I really I'm not overstating this. When I think about, like my ranking of teams that I'm most interested to watch out of the gate, the Falcons are my kind of football team. Right now, and I know it's a little bit zigging than when the others are passing heavy all over the place.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna hammer teams.
Speaker 2: They are leaning into it. They're doing it in a way that I thought the Patriots were doing a couple of years ago. It's like, Okay, everyone's gonna get lighter, let's get heavier, and they're they're like speaking with their actions. Matt Collins is their number to running back. You're right, Algier will probably find his way to one hundred and seventy five, two hundred touches. Anyways, it's just gonna be I'm kind of with you. The fact that, like it's also Drake Lennon and Kyle Pitts as they're one and two of these two massive guys who can also do a little blocking.
Speaker 4: Think the lead of the league in rushing attempts. So there's there's plenty.
Speaker 3: Of Yeah, there's there's a lot of carries to go around and everybody. You know, you can't give Bijon all of that, but he can. He can have a lot of it, and they have the talent to do it.
Speaker 2: He's a big dude, Algier. I have the Panthers I'm going j C. Horn. I mean, you were born into the Horn family. Spice is part of the equation. It's in the DNA. Anyone who is Joe Horn's son is full of spice.
Speaker 1: And J C.
Speaker 2: Horn looked like a true CB, one like top five cornerback in the league as a rookie. He had that injury, he came back last year. I think when he played was still excellent, and I think he's a guy that a Giro evro there defensive coordinator will build around. So to me, he seems like a guy and this can happen at cornerbacks. Cornerbacks can become stars. I think because of his personality and because of his game like he can develop into a star who's talking a lot of trash and who's backing it up in a defensive oriented division.
Speaker 5: In general, I mean, it's sort of like his rookie year last year, because he only what played three games as a in his true season, and so I mean you do expect a leap. And like I whenever there's a coordinator shift, you're looking at players that may not fit the new scheme necessarily, but not with hit like that.
Speaker 4: He's scheme. You know you know, there's no issues with that.
Speaker 3: And after the rule departure, it seemed like there was a little bit more of a of an idea what to do with JC. You're not trying to put jac in a situation where he's making a whole bunch of tackles necessarily at the lone of scrimmage.
Speaker 1: A guy, it's a cover guy. He's a pure cover guy. Let's have him cover some people.
Speaker 2: There's not that many of those anywhere either, kind of like that. You know some I mean, you're gonna have to tackle a little bit like a Sante Sam like you will have to tackle will find you these days. But guys who are just more purely that's a guy you can leave out on an island. The stereotype J C. Horn. Let's go to Patrick. He's got the Saints.
Speaker 3: I've got the Saints, and I've got Juwan Johnson as my spicy player guy who came on towards the end of last season. And people are looking at the car thing and I know you guys feel you know, car Garoppolo is one for one.
Speaker 1: I think Derek Carr is an upgrade over Andy Dalton.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Greg, I think that's fair I would agree with that, and.
Speaker 3: So we saw what Juwan Johnson was capable of doing. Another year in the same situation, I think it could be a big year for Juwan Johnson, who's the tight end fifteen right now, I think more like nine would probably be appropriate for Juwan jo.
Speaker 2: I like the Patrick on the Fantasy Show is given his fantasy takes.
Speaker 5: It's good we need that angle a little more. The only thing I'd say though, because I overall I'd take Car over Dalton. And but Dalton, like last season, played with this confidence, especially with the deep ball, and I think that he really unleashed some of their wideouts, and so it's like, you hope that that is equal at least with Carr, who I think when Carr goes into a shell or when he misses, it's like really hard to watch.
Speaker 2: But we know he can throw to an athletic tight end. Not that that should be hard for a good quarterback, but I'm with you. Juwan Johnson has shown a lot. He is one of the most successful wide receiver to tight end transitions that I can think of. A lot of teams try that. Sean Payton started the process and he is really dynamic. He is fluid. I think did they extend his contract this offseason? That slipped a little under the radar. I could be wrong about that, but he is under contract. I shouldn't just ask questions without knowing they did extend his contract.
Speaker 1: But we'll look at that.
Speaker 2: So there we go, two year deal for twelve million dollars. So they gave him some short term money. I think that will age extremely well. Let's go to the bucks. It's mark all right.
Speaker 5: If you're watching this on YouTube, I'd just like to bring up a photo here of my player.
Speaker 4: This is Cody Mock there.
Speaker 5: This is their right guard, rookie right guard, and he is an interesting individual.
Speaker 4: The flowing ginger Maine. You see it right there.
Speaker 5: I think their offensive line was a problem last year. You got Tristan Wurf's back, there are some problems. I think at left guard. Ryan Jensen did not grade out very well. So I think this is part of rebuilding your line, and Cody Mock is a big part of that. I love some of his college story because he didn't really even play in high school at all. He transitioned in college to play this position. He is six ' five, three hundred and two pounds but very athletic. He ranked out ninetieth percentile on the forty yard dash at his position, not against wide receivers. We get that in ninety eight percentile on the three cones, so he can move.
Speaker 4: He's agile.
Speaker 5: They need help at this position, and I think it's sort have got a spicy look to him.
Speaker 4: If you don't.
Speaker 2: Agree, I totally agree. And this picture we're looking at doesn't even show that he's missing his two front teeth. And I think he has said previously he doesn't plan to fix a plan. So after the NFL he thought like, well, they could just get messed up again.
Speaker 3: I would There's there's a signial like I love sandwiches, I love biting into delicious food, and I feel like I'd be missing something.
Speaker 2: I mean, he doesn't look like he's you know, lacking for delicious food.
Speaker 3: But for the for the YouTube viewers, because everybody's stationary there, he's literally putting on gloves.
Speaker 1: Is there a fan?
Speaker 3: It's not a gust of wind. His hair is blowing majestically.
Speaker 4: That is an excellent stake because.
Speaker 3: It's like so like he's not going to throw his hair back like that to put gloves on. Why is his hair flowing?
Speaker 2: He's magical. That's what he looks like everything.
Speaker 1: I think it's just consistently like that.
Speaker 2: All right. That is it. Where you're going to take one more break before we wrap up with the NFC West and East. I got the Cardinals. I'm going Buddha Baker, man. It was tough to pick a Cardinals player. Buddha Baker, to me, is a spicy player who got a lot more attention over the last year, not only because he's good, but because he was trying to keep this team together on hard knocks, and now he was looking for a trade this offseason. He also said he will be there at their mandatory mini camp. I don't think they're going to trade him because I think at some point you need to have good players, and he's under a pretty big contract, but you don't want to just get rid of good young players, which he is. And he's a player to build around, and he's like a modern day Bob Sanders or something. I mean, he's much better in coverage because the NFL has changed, they wouldn't be able to stay on the field, but he just throws his body around and he's like that dude, you would love to play with that cleave. I mean, it.
Speaker 5: Concerns me that he's openly asked to play for a different team because it's like, you gotta I think this year is a lost season and like these players are a little too savvy to just trust in a rebuilding project out of from outer space. I mean, we don't know the coach, the general managers knew. There's not a lot of reason for dug in hope and if your boot you could go somewhere else and be a star right away.
Speaker 2: He could be a guy that gets traded at the trade deadline, like one of those guys we hear about at least talked about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because if we think about a career in the span of eight to ten years, and Buddha Baker has been there, I think this is year four in the desert and all of the things, all of the changes he's seen, what's what's gonna be there?
Speaker 1: For?
Speaker 3: Is this where I want to be for the remainder of my career. I think it's a reasonable thing for him to ask that, considering like the way things have been and now people are talking, oh, well, they're gonna have the number one overall pick.
Speaker 2: Huh, this is gonna be on seventh season, Buddha Baker that sneaks up on you. Holy crap, you have the Rams, Patrick.
Speaker 1: I have the Rams. I'm gonna take another really good player. It's gonna be a really good wide receiver. It's Cooper Cup.
Speaker 3: Cooper Cup is the spiciest player on the Rams. So people might think like, oh, there's what spicy about Cooper Cup. Wash wash, this dude stiff arm like six people, and then have somebody say, oh, he's not that athletic.
Speaker 1: What does he have to do? Spicy? Do you have to beat a class?
Speaker 3: You have to outrun everybody in stiff arm six people on the way to the end zone for a touchdown. I'm just looking at cause you have Cup could be on that path. We know that Aaron Donald's going to the Hall of Fame. What are the Rams doing? Like, what's what's the plan for twenty twenty three Because at a certain point, like I'm looking at Cooper Cup, I'm looking at Matthew Stafford like I want more for them because I know that they're good players that can they can be successful, and I'm just I love Cooper Cup and I want them to get back to you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have not talked to Cooper cup like specifically in a while.
Speaker 5: Well no, I mean, but we have talked about to your point, Patrick, just what some of these figures on the Rams stand out as sort of a top heavy luxury on a team that I think really just has they've gone super young. They have like thirty forty like young for rookies essentially on the roster, and I think they want to view this. I hope they hope it's a one year rebuild where you come out of this and cut his plug back into an offense. I just think Matthew Stafford is someone that could get moved if a disaster strikes Eltz where I don't know why you trade Cooper Cupp Dough so he hang on to him.
Speaker 2: He had that tightrope surgery on his ankle, but there's not many people around him. I mean, he had one hundred and forty five catches two years ago. I mean, is he a top five fantasy pick? Again, You'd love to see how he looks coming off that injury, but if he's on the field, he will be worth a top five pick in fantasy.
Speaker 3: This is a guy who's who's already come back from a torn acl early in his care and you know people have tight rope and they come back in three weeks.
Speaker 1: I just think like there wasn't a reason to bring it right.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just saying, like, why wouldn't he have one hundred and twenty five catches?
Speaker 1: Seattle fifty load him up.
Speaker 5: Seahawks quietly have one of the better rosters in football. That's one of your one year rebuilding jobs happened right here in the same division, and the early returns on Jackson Smith and Jigba are really positive.
Speaker 2: Gino Smith was talking him up.
Speaker 5: I know that you know this is not non padded, non contact scenarios at at this point, but they are talking to about him as someone that just shows right out of the gate the juice and the spice to develop very quickly in a wide receiver room that already has Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf. This is the best, This could be the best trio in the league. And I think you're going to get something right away from him. They're comparing some of his skills to essentially like a plug and play Doug Baldwin and I this is someone that had three hundred and forty seven yards, fifteen catches and three touchdowns in a Rose Bowl.
Speaker 2: I think his skill set also marries so well with the two receivers that are playing on the side of him, and also with Gino Smith, who to me is a touch in timing and accuracy quarterback. He's not, you know, a power just chuck it down the field. And that's what Smith in jigued as well. Once so the two guys get on the same page. I think you'll see that connection like Gino has with Locket too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the feel. It's it's going to take time right for him to develop that feel and that trust with the returns to where JSN is going to be.
Speaker 3: But as a Geno believer, I can't help but to believe. I think it's going to be great.
Speaker 2: The only thing is in fantasy there's only so many yards to go around because they're gonna run the ball a lot.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I also am more concerned with real life, right.
Speaker 2: He could be a better real player than fantasy, is all I'm saying. Whereas like, all three of them cut into each other, but they're gonna be tough to stop. They're they're high on my list teams. I want to see forty nine ers. I struggled with this one because, like, I love Ayuk, but is he just established? I love watching him. I'm doing a last minute change. I'm changing it from Ayuke to Colton.
Speaker 4: Mckivitt's spicy Okay.
Speaker 2: Every day practically I pass by uh, Colton Sessler's former grade school and I see his lovely face. It's still up. It's on multiple corners, heavy traffic corners, and he's like it was like five years ago. This has nothing to do with Coulton mckivts have pivoted here, but I just like that story. And here's another man named Colton, and Colton mckivitt's is the new right tackle of the forty nine ers, and he's standing in a little bit for this entire offensive line where it's like, yeah, they have continuity, but it's Spencer Brentford, Spencer Buford, Jake Brendle and Aaron Banks and Colton mckivit's are the guys next to Trent Williams. I mean, that is an imbalanced line. One first ballot Hall of Famer and these other dudes, and they're trusting that they'll make it happen. But to me, that's spicy. That's a spicy question to watch. I like you.
Speaker 3: I like the spice in the because there's so much that people view. It's like, oh, well, Kyle's going to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Four fourth year, fifth round pick, by the way, who's been in the system for four years, so I should give some background.
Speaker 1: He's ready.
Speaker 5: You know, they put that signage up with my child's face. It was just like a ten foot image of his face. Never told us, never paid.
Speaker 2: Us for it. It was very on your rear. You were pretty upset about it.
Speaker 5: I'm not like Colton was fine with it, so as long as he is. But it's like, would you maybe tell a parent that we're gonna splash your child's face.
Speaker 2: Well, that was when he was like six or seven, right, that's when the pictures from Yeah revisit him. Now where he's in middle school? What is he entering fifth sixth grade?
Speaker 4: He's entering sixth grade next year.
Speaker 3: Even even now, like a child's not gonna be able to provide consent, like maybe talk to the parents before you plaster an eggs.
Speaker 2: Little I have I have thought about going out there in the in the night and just ripping it down. Yeah, they'd have to take it.
Speaker 4: I'm annoyed now.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't want to deface it though he's a beautiful young boy. Patrick. We're wrapping up with the Cowboys. I'm just saying, weird if I defaced it, but I would just take it.
Speaker 5: I'd love to see solid, love to see Greg taken in by the cops for you know, oh God, disturbance at two Catholic school signs.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's a Catholic school. I don't want to call them out, but yeah, it's out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I will take Brandon Cooks as my spicy player. He's who I was thinking of where a player was kind of toiling and futility in Houston, and now he has an opportunity to be a two on a good team with a good quarterback. And we seen Brandon the thousand yard streak finally came to an end last season. If he if he accomplished that, I'd say put him in Canton immediately. But I think it's things are going to be a whole lot better for Brandon Cooks, and I think it's going to be what the Cowboys were missing last year.
Speaker 5: They were really missing it, and it stands out to me when we talked to Cede Lamb at the Super Bowl and he was pedaling deodorant and actually gave me his stick of old spice yodorant, which I still you know, it's my backup jurn soill he's once in a while, but like.
Speaker 2: He was, essentially when does backup come up?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, like if you're in a pinch in the normal brand that I mentioned, like I use that and runs out, got to go to podcast. So there's just you know, interesting, it's good to have two of everything, I think. But but this Ceedee Lamb was lobbying, you know, verbally Jerry Jones to go get help for essentially the offense, and it was that wide receiver and this is a perfect edition for them.
Speaker 2: He's kind of they ouh, that perfect number two where you're not you you want to get him as many touches keep him happy. But he also kind of knows where he is in the pecking order and just dude gets buckets anywhere he goes. He produces there. At some point he will get old, but I think his skill set will age fairly well. He's always a stronger player than I think people give him he will never get old. Really, you know, all right.
Speaker 1: He's actually a mortal Giants mark in these segments when we hear last week, we kind of run out of things to talk about.
Speaker 5: It gets real quiet. I'm going Darren Waller because I mean, there's a lot of obvious faces there we could go with in New York. But I feel like the ceiling of this offense would be suddenly different and higher if you get a full, durable season of Darren Waller playing the way that we know Dan and I uh spent time with him when he was the broadcast boot camp two offseasons ago. In the flesh. He looks like a godlike specimen. It's just simply about staying healthy. I do trust this coaching staff and Brian Dable to use them correctly. They've got Daniel Bellinger as well, but that's two very dangerous tight ends if you and I think for this kind of offense and like they're gonna have Daniel Jones, they're treating him differently as a quarterback through the air, and that started to happen a little bit towards the end of last season. But I love the idea in this New York Giants offensive where you're getting the waller from a couple of years ago, that would be spicy.
Speaker 2: It's a huge year for him, I mean just because I think he can have a great second act in with the Giants. He's the best receiver on this team. But last year, you know, he struggled to stay how he needs to stay on the field. You want to start off strong and kind of be that dude because I think he can get a thousand yards in this offense. There's no reason why he can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and to not make a specific because he's not Travis Kelce, right, but who says that there's some law that like your best receiver has to be a wide receiver, right, Like if just get the best eleven guys out there and make it.
Speaker 2: I mean he already was the best receiver on those Raiders teams, right, Who else was on him?
Speaker 1: Renfro, I mean he was.
Speaker 4: One of those four or five game changing tight ends.
Speaker 2: Nelson Ago was their number one every one year. That was weird.
Speaker 4: Yikes, and Patriot give.
Speaker 2: Him a lot of money. I am gonna go with DeVante Smith, Davonte Smith, I should say of the Eagles as my spicy player. I thought about Jalen Carter because I do want to see him. I listen the Birds with Friends, the podcast about the Eagles that the athletic puts together. They do a great job. If your interest check check them out. But Wolf Zach Berman and they talked about it's just a thought that maybe they didn't even get a slot receiver this offseason, almost because they want to keep Davanta and AJ Brown as happy as possible, and that they're actually a little conscious of that and making sure these two guys are both so good that they want to make sure they're getting them the ball a lot every week, and that they're both so competitive that they get so open that there's only so many balls to go around between those two and godd her and like you don't need more, and talking about our friend Matt Harmon and reception perception. He looked at Deavonta Smith's routes and like he wins everything in everywhere, every He is a superstar that could have superstar numbers, but he's playing next A J. Brown, so would be a little trickier. But I think the Eagles are conscious of that and they're just gonna make sure they keep these dudes happy because they're just the two best players, maybe on two of the best players on the team.
Speaker 3: It's just it does something to your offense to have two guys who can always get open and aj will make plays contested wise, and you can see Devonte make contested catches as well. But the ability to actually get open in your routes, whether it's zone, whether it's man, the entire route tree, it's you know, It's why those those body type and weight questions coming out into the draft were a little silly.
Speaker 5: Remember, like I'd pick the Eagles a lot down the stretch. I just enjoyed watching how they operated with zero mercy out of the gate, and when Brown and Smith would they would drop knockout punches on the opponent in the first quarter.
Speaker 2: He's also like he's strong, Like he's stronger than let's say, Jayalen Wattle, if you're going to compare the two, he's a strong even if he's a little lighter Washington. Let's wrap it up with the Commandos.
Speaker 3: Let's wrap it up with one scary Terry, who is a spicy player who is so consistent regardless of the quarterback play and the quarterback situation. And he's very even keeled, But I think that you know, shift your your perspective of spice to somebody who puts a feeling in defensive coordinators to where Terry McLaurin can break the game open. And if Sam Howell gets together, I think we can have a great Terry season.
Speaker 5: And look what he's done with essentially zero at quarterback, total chaos at quarterback, and if you look at their ross dru on offense, really both sides of the ball, there is a lot to like about Washington and I struggle to believe that the coaching staff will even be there a year from now, depending on what happens, or especially what happens at quarterback. But mclaurin's done it wired to wire with terrible quarterback play.
Speaker 2: Well, I always remember that. I don't know if it was a Thursday night game we watched over at Keith's old place with Chris and it was a Washington game, and he was a huge McLaurin guy from the beginning, saying just like this, dude's the truth. He's a true number one. He's going to be a star. So as we wrap up here in the Chris was Westling podcast studio, he had eyes on mcluurin, you're right, like his play is spicy, him being a pro, and not like complaining who cares his plays?
Speaker 3: Ye, every every reason to complain he does.
Speaker 2: I know, Washington, you set me up last week Mark to like talk about how they're when we were talking projected starters, how balanced their rosters, and I kind of I didn't really hit it right. I wish I had said, like, they look like a good roster. They I don't know about the quarterback thing, but like if it was if you put a good quarterback on that team, you'd be like, Okay, this is a.
Speaker 3: Team, let's see it, Sam, it's a big show us.
Speaker 2: We did it. We picked the spicy.
Speaker 1: Thirty two teams.
Speaker 2: I don't think we've ever done a thirty two team thing in a single show, so that's breaking ground. Maybe, well we do it.
Speaker 3: Well, you're right.
Speaker 2: I like to just say things, uh and not fact check.
Speaker 1: I can't think of an instance.
Speaker 5: It's an odd it's an odd thing to attempt to do in the in the first week of June.
Speaker 2: But I'm proud. I think it's good. I think it's good. It gives a little something for everyone, and it's spicy and we got Randy Chavez involved, Spicy got Eric Roberts involved, and uh, we'll keep an eye on these mini camps this week and we'll be back on Thursday. Patrick, enjoy the rest of your week.
Speaker 1: I will, thanks gys.
Speaker 2: Look Dan back in the studio. Who knows, Maybe maybe colleenos thinking we bug her before the summer of Connie truly starts for Eric, for Randy, for Mark and Patrick heat the call