Speaker 1: Welcome to Unplugged two point zho. I guess I want to call it as you guys can see. Man, we're in our new all the Smoke offices, so we're a little naked in here right now.
Speaker 2: But we will.
Speaker 1: Continue to build the set as we continue to build this new show. This is a show that I've been thinking about for a little while and We're going to touch an array of topics from sports, culture, entertainment, fatherhood, life in general. So I hope you guys sit back and enjoy the next I mean I will keep you long, maybe twenty to thirty minutes, if you can give me a little bit of your time and man, enjoy this spand with us. First off, I got an opportunity to play in the Reggie Jackson Celebrity Softball Classy yesterday in the historic Oakland Coliseem.
Speaker 3: Great time.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: They had obviously mister October, Reggie Jackson, Ricky Henderson, Barry Bonds, jose canseco H. The list goes on of legendary guys. Dennis Eckersley, Quick Story, J T. Snow and Taro Owens almost got in a fight first inning, you know, competitive t o is and j T. Snow is playing first, and someone threw the ball way over JT's head and JT didn't chase that ship at all. He's like, I'm come on, man, it's a celebrity game. So the right fielder had to come get it. We got a triple out of it, so to go.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't know if to was serious at first, but Ti I's like, what the fuck, why did you get it? And they start going back and forth. You know me, I'm an ass, so I start gassing a little bit, but I'm walking back to my side, so they really starting to go at it. Two batters later, To at shortstop gets the ball and throws it way over JT's head, way over JT's head, and JT, like half ass jogs to go get it.
Speaker 3: So I'm laughing.
Speaker 2: They're like and then.
Speaker 1: JT starts talking back to t O Karla's motherfuckers like they're really going at it, so that the inning splits. They go back in the in the day they had to be separated. I'm over on the other side laugh and I'm just like, this is a charity game, but these motherfuckers about to fight. I say all that to say, our team won Jose Canseego hit the most home runs, astronomical moonshots. But it got me thinking to a bigger piece of Oakland history in what Oakland's kind of going through right now. Man, In the last five years, the Oakland, the city of Oakland, the town has lost the Raiders, the Warriors, and now the Oakland A's. And as someone who was born an hour from there in San Jose and grew up an hour from there in Sacramento, Oakland has been a kind of historical spot for sports. And you know, through those three teams, there's been ten championships, starting in the early sixties and obviously as late as now with the A's departing to Sacramento for a couple of years before they finalized their situation in Vegas. But as a sports fan, as someone who played in the Oracle, this is a hard this is a hard situation.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: And my brother Ray Young, who was with me yesterday, grew up in Oakland, and although we had a great time at the game, it was kind of bittersweet from a standpoint of used to find the Warriors, the Raiders in the Oakland A's all in the same parking lot and whether the team was good or bad, the fan base never waivered. Some of the best fans in the world are from the Bay Area. Sending my love out to the Bay Area, man, particularly Oakland. Something good has got to be coming because a lot of bad shit has been happening lately. I talked to the security guards there that were there at the Oracle, and you know, everyone's optimistic about what may come there or not. And one of the guys like, you know, it doesn't matter what chemistry, but the crime has to subside, like it's just it's it's it's it's crazy out there right now.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: So send a lot of love out to Oakland and the Barrier in general, and man, something good to come to you guys. Let me introduce one of my young homies, one of my brothers, Trevor Resa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shoot, young homie. Man, I'm down there forty.
Speaker 3: But I'm about to be forty five. He's still my young home.
Speaker 4: I feel you though.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's a big dog, all right.
Speaker 1: So, trev we're a week in the NBA season. You know, some teams have have come out the gate strong, some teams have sputtered.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but before we actually get into what's going on in the NBA. I think we got uh, I think we got the mail bag coming in.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Normally he has dope, but today today he has mail.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this first mail bag is to Joel Embiid from Back to Backs.
Speaker 3: Let's see what's happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dear Joel, I hear you're done with You're done with me forever. I've had some long standing relationships with your contemporaries. This is the first time I've ever been told I'm ugly. Back to back seems a little salty right now. Maybe put down the Shirley Temple and hit the track. Oh bag is out here tripping, with all due respect, back to.
Speaker 5: Back, back to back. One's get back, Trev.
Speaker 3: Back to back death. He wants to get back, Trev.
Speaker 1: I heard, you know, Joel NB came out very early on a couple of weeks ago and said he will not be playing in back to backs, not only this season but forever. I think that rubbed a lot of the older rog's the wrong way. You know, KG has spoke on it at length. Shaq didn't like it. You hear the rumblings on all the networks. What was your thought when you heard Joel come out very early and say that he's done with back to backs, and before you go, so him not playing back to backs would eliminate him from fifteen games off the rip. So fifteen times they have back to backs, he wonn't play in those. He's already sat out what two of the three first three games they've had When you initially heard this statement, what did you.
Speaker 5: Think initially when I first heard that he's already backed out of back to backs? It just where's your mental toughness in first? How much do you let a game? Second? And you know, what kind of message are you sending to the people coming in? You know, where are you taking our league? You know, as one of the best players in our league, where are you taking this?
Speaker 1: There's no question about how talented he is. I mean his skill set, he's arguably one of the most skilled, if not the most skilled big on the offensive end we've ever seen, you know, played in the Olympics. But the knock on him is he's never really been able to get through a season. And you know, we've seen this talent where he'll drop seventy or have a you know, could have been possibly a two time MVP, a one time MVP, but it always looks like he's almost dragging the leg or playing on one leg. So I understand, how do I preserve this? And do you guys, you motherfuckers want it now or do you want in the playoffs? I think regardless, people are gonna, you know, uh complain and you know, you know whether their reasons are just or not. But if I'm management, I'm thinking, well, obviously, I want you to play as much as you can during the season, but the most important part now is we need you in the playoffs. You know, we add PG, we add Caleb Martin. I think they have a pretty solid roster. Resigned Kelly oubre Tyrese Maxey just dropped forty five although on thirty seven shots, as you pointed out earlier, what is your thought obviously.
Speaker 4: On the shoot off?
Speaker 1: Absolutely every you know, you know the big guns are down, but you know, can this team with Joelle not playing in back to backs? Obviously, to this eliminates him from all awards, right, he won't be able to make any award MVP, Defense, offense, all NBA.
Speaker 3: He will be eliminated.
Speaker 1: But at this point in his career, what does he make ten years in about Yeah, it's about ten years in treving your opinion. I mean, did the accolades mean short or now is championship or nothing?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: I think again, as a competitor, you play the game to do all of those things the other players, Right, that's a super talent. So you know we want to see that on a nightly basis. The only time we don't want to, you know, see it if it's you're injured or you know, you you have something like really really really wrong with you, but to just sit out or just completely like cancel out back the backs, that kind of.
Speaker 1: If you're in the locker room, I mean you you would be a you know, if you this is one of your final stops on your twenty year career and you hear your your you know, your your your best player, say this, like, what's your mind set in the locker room?
Speaker 5: He's not here for us for real. It's just that's to me, it's just selfish, you know. And uh, players understand that that played for a long time and that maybe on their last contract or they actually are competitors, they're gonna feel the same way. How do you build chemistry? How am I gonna listen to you telling me what they're doing, you know, not even fucking playing on the back to.
Speaker 4: Back or like, how does that?
Speaker 5: It fucks the locker room up too, you know, if you have vets that are you know, strong and understand what it takes to win, or come you know, come from playing with other players that actually fucking cared about practice and getting better. How can I listen to you if you telling me one thing but you sitting on sideline half the time.
Speaker 1: Let me be the devil's advocate. Obviously the knock on him has always been tremendously talented, but doesn't really work in the off season. But I will say there were I don't know if it was whispers, but they said that, you know, he dropped twenty pounds if I'm not mistaken coming into this season. So my question is, maybe did he hurt himself getting himself in shape? And that's the thing whatever at the end of the day, trip, this motherfucker just can't stay healthy and I'm gonna have to play through pain regardless. But do you really want me to go through this shit during the season or do you want it in the playoffs?
Speaker 5: Right now, everybody's DNA or physical makeup is different. But we can't really say that because we're seeing somebody playing the game for twenty two years and take care of his body like no others, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 5: So if we're comparing somebody's talent to somebody that grey who actually has the work ethic and all the things that come with it, you feel cheated a little bit.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine like an embiid with the Lebron taking care of his body, or a Kobe off season where like he could be the greatest player of all time if he put that work in before the season, if his body was able to put that work in before the season and then have that carryover in the season.
Speaker 4: Seven for a two guard for real?
Speaker 1: For now, So before we get out of this topic trail, I mean this team healthy or him being as healthy as he can be, Paul George coming back as healthy as he can be, Caleb Martin, Tyrese Maxi Oubre some good pieces. Where do they fit in the Eastern Conference landscape?
Speaker 5: Again, it depends on how far your leaders can take you. If their leaders are stepping up to the plate showing them that it's a mental thing to get into game fifty six don't feel well.
Speaker 2: Not a sprint, right, you know.
Speaker 5: So it's the long game and it all depends on what their two big guns or you know, their core players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that'll be interesting. Man.
Speaker 1: I think healthy this team is the top three team in the East. But you know, pg's healthy health has been definitely better than it's been in the past. But Embeid is obviously the key to that team, next to Jimmy Butler from h Town, Jimmy from A So I think this is I missed it, but I heard that there was some shit about the Rockets wanting Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 1: We had a conversation with Zoe this past offseason and Tim hard Away and they both said there was a little bit of friction between Pat and Jimmy. You know, Jimmy came out and spoke talking shit during the playoffs to a playoff. I don't remember exactly who it was, but Pat came out and said, like you, basically, you shouldn't even be talking if.
Speaker 3: You're not in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I think Jimmy has antics about him that probably rubbed people the wrong way at times, as we all do. Pat had goddamn had enough. So you know, Obviously they're going into this season with the uncertainty of whether, you know, Jimmy being thirty five, his final year of his deal, is he someone they're going to lock up for the remainder of his career or does he float out to Houston. Let me read this real quick. Dear Jimmy, I remember like it was yesterday you growing up in Tomball. That what it was you growing up in Tomball, just down the way.
Speaker 3: The weather is good, the food is fire. As Trevor Reza, come on home, this kid misses you. Always love h Town. Love a lot of love. Trevy, you had you had a nice run in.
Speaker 1: Before we get to this Jimmy ship, talk us about I never I mean I played on a lot of teams. Houston wasn't one of them. Talk to us about what did I you missed?
Speaker 5: Missed out on a real real good time man. Just great people, loving people. You know, they gonna let your ask know when you're not doing what you're supposed to do, but they always don't treat you with respect and love. You know, the food is great, like that young person said, and you know to me, it was a.
Speaker 4: I loved it, great time, great time.
Speaker 1: So this Houston team, man, the young team built for a big move. You know, uh, Jalen Green got an extension sengoon to me a top three or four center in the NBA for sure right now. And I'm gonna argue with whoever wants to argue once I look at his stats. But just off pure youngster talent, mean down low, Jabari Smith who was a top pick, Tarry Easton, Cam Whitmore, I mean, Thompson van flu. They just picked up the white boy from Kentucky Shepherd read Shepherd, nice, very nice. If this, if this Houston thing starts to get some more legs on it, who would be someone you'd be willing.
Speaker 3: To part ways with?
Speaker 1: They also have a twenty twenty seven pick swap from the Nets in the James Harden deal. So who would you who can you package up?
Speaker 3: Plus is.
Speaker 1: Jimmy but Yeah, it is Jimmy Butler. Good, great point, Dylan, Jimmy Butler's thirty five traff, still a leader, still a star. Are you packaging up young talent and draft picks for him to try to make a run in this this this tough young Western conference?
Speaker 5: Man, I would, honestly if I'm if I'm Houston, especially because what Jimmy brings to the game, the mentality that he brings to the to the game. I feel like it mirraged their coach with just how tough.
Speaker 4: And hard knows he is.
Speaker 5: You know, no bullshit type dude, want to get wins, will win at all costs, you know what I mean. But I feel like it would be a good move for all the players involved, especially because Houston has that young talent.
Speaker 1: Who would you put you speak about all players involved with would would you put Jalen Green in that?
Speaker 3: In that trade? For what?
Speaker 1: Jalen Green twenty two twenty three? Would you put him in that? Obviously he has to wait a little while because he just got his extension, but would you wrap him up and and maybe him someone else in a pick?
Speaker 3: Would you give up?
Speaker 1: I mean, young, very talented, But like you said on the flip side, and I think you made a great point earlier, him going into that pat Riley Eric's Spolster system could be the best thing that ever would be.
Speaker 5: Best thing for him for sure, especially because they have a program that they've been running for before he was born for sure, So him going into what they do, I think it matches perfectly because again, it's a beautiful place to be South Beach.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: You know, the heat culture and what they have and his talent match together. It would send his game and his career into completely different I.
Speaker 1: Think it would tighten his mental for being around that. Not to say what Houston has around him isn't right. It's proven what Miami puts around their talent and the way they buy in and understand how to take them to the next level mentally as players, Jaden Green in a Eric Sposter pat Riley system would be he would go to ano level. I would completely agree with you. So let's keep an eye on that to see. You know, it's very early on, but let's see if if Jimmy coming home grow some legs, more letters, some more ship came in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, okay, let me see. Okay, let's go trauble you Yeah, who's it from?
Speaker 4: Ain't chient Rome from?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: There's two ancient room from d Wade?
Speaker 2: Oh shit?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, y'all just gonna have me out here cold Turkey. Okay. Dear Julius Julius Caesar, I need to get with you and your people a sap. I just had a statue unveilain and they mixed me up with Laurence Fishburn, Miami's best d Wade.
Speaker 3: Trav This was crazy.
Speaker 1: This is crazy, and it's crazy because you know, I've got to know d Wade a little better post career, and I hit one of his closest people last night and we were kind of talking about that. I told her, I was like, who do I got to slap over this d Wade statue? And she started busting up. You know, obviously, we look at the video now and first and foremost, congratulations to our brother d Wade.
Speaker 4: One of the Yeah, deserve it well does that?
Speaker 1: One of the greatest, one of the greatest players of all time, top three two guards of all time. Argue with your mom, one of the greatest to ever do a competitor, uh and even better person. But you can see Trevor when he's kind of looking at this statue. Obviously this is a moment to shed a tear and kind of reminisce. But then he saw the facial structure. This motherfucker right here. He's like, that's not.
Speaker 4: Me, man, that's a strong job, crazy man.
Speaker 1: That's my question is can they can they cut the head off and keep the body man and redo the face and whoever did this this statue, I'm sorry, bro. I'm not gonna say nothing crazy because he might have known the artist, and I don't want to offend nobody, but that that that that needed some work.
Speaker 4: I mean, I would agree to me personally.
Speaker 5: I'm just happy that the statue moment when he hit the game winner on me at point four in the garden, So.
Speaker 3: That wasn't the one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just you.
Speaker 5: Know, you could do a little bit better with the with the facial features and you know the jar line, just cup him out a little bite.
Speaker 3: He deserved better, definitely deserve better.
Speaker 1: But again that doesn't take away from obviously, you know, getting this is the first statue. If I'm not mistaken in front of that arena, no better person to represent that than him. When you speak heat culture, Dwayne Wade comes to mind. So salute to our brother, two time champion, three times, three times, the NBA champion, NBA Hall of Famer, Wade County. You got your statue, bro, but let's see if we can chop that head off and let's get second team All American on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so obviously again, salute to our brother d Wade for the statue, but right now we got to put you in probably the top three worse.
Speaker 3: And this is with love, bro, I love you, I love you.
Speaker 1: It's not your fault, right but you know, tra have some other statues to come to mine. Or David Beckham, he had a rough one, Ronaldo rough one. So right now we gonna take it to the streets, y'all tell us d Waye, Ronald or Beckham? Who needs to do over? Who needs to do over?
Speaker 5: The next one? To Nicola Jokice from floor spacing, Oh damn, coming out players heads.
Speaker 4: They saying, ain't no snipers over there.
Speaker 3: That's what they're saying. That's what he said.
Speaker 5: Okay, dear Nicola, you've been getting all the praise three m VPS championship. But something's a little bit different about this season, isn't it. You think floor spacing grows on trees. Good luck this year. You'll need it warmest regards floor spacing.
Speaker 1: You know obviously kcp out russ In, but I want to back it up a little bit further to Tim Conley, someone you knew well you had in Washington. Bill this roster with Denver the championship roster, and he left the year they won, and since then, Calvin Booth came in and they've declined. They lost Bruce Brown, they've lost Jeff Green, They've lost KCP. I know they lost someone else too. There was one more guy I want to say they lost now I mentioned Jeff Graham, welly more another was a shooter, you know. But you know, obviously our young boy Peyton Watson is getting more minutes over there now. The Brown kid what's his name? From Kansas? I like Christian Brown. You add someone like Russ you know, who is an ultimate ultimate team player, but not a shooter. They're packed in right now, you know, they're packed in right now. The only guys that are really shooting in is Jamal Murray is a shooter. Uh, Michael Porter Junior is one of the streakiest shooters in the game. Someone he can knock it down. But there's not a ton of space out there for Jokics to operate. They've got off to a zero to two start. Trepp thought, just the way this roster would you say, it's gotten better since the championship, but.
Speaker 5: The worst it's gotten better and again every year I feel like in the NBA, you can't take steps backwards, and shooting comes out of premium. So if you don't have shooting, you don't have spacing. And like you said, it's early in the season, but without the space and yo, kids really can't be who he is for real. So you got to get some shooting over there in Denver, and you gotta get it fast or else you know, it's going to be a regression.
Speaker 1: You know, Denver was number four in the league in three point shooting the year they won the title. They finished tenth in three point percentage last year. Currently they're twenty fifth in three point percentage and last in field goal percentage. So they're just not putting the ball in the basket. So this's gonna be some interesting to watch. Strev Obviously, you know Murray hasn't been playing well. Came out the gates SEC. He's playing well to start this season, but hasn't necessarily played well last year, didn't play well in the Olympics.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan of him, but we will have to keep an eye on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely gotta play better.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you, bro see. We'll talk to you next week, all right, buddy.
Speaker 1: Now, we'd like to welcome in the neighborhood hater my brother Gino David.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, hey, that.
Speaker 1: Got a cheer from downstairs from Christina with so Gino one of the heaviest LA representers I've ever met. Uh you mean you got your flag, you're flying your flag today, you got your Dodger hat. You look good in the Legends versus Barnes bunch, and now it's unplugged.
Speaker 3: I mean, bro, you're moving up.
Speaker 2: I've been on man.
Speaker 1: They just told me this morning. I didn't even know you're gonna be in the state. Said you want a drawing for a boner pill, like your name drawing, and that's how you got on the show today.
Speaker 4: I need.
Speaker 2: I definitely need that.
Speaker 3: Bro Rose him.
Speaker 1: You do you prefer one viagra? I mean I could try to make some calls. I just need some free yeah.
Speaker 2: So whatever you have on.
Speaker 3: The other they got gummies now too, and it works too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, it works. Okay. I'll save yours when you ask me for him later.
Speaker 1: Wes west Coast hating at his finance before we get into the Dodgers ice Cube performance to open up game two.
Speaker 3: I watched it.
Speaker 1: You know you see Super Bowl performances, and they're all backstage lights and ice Cumic came came in there and wraps just so today was a good day.
Speaker 3: And and and what was it? What was the other song?
Speaker 1: And about down when I come to and he switched the words up. Thoughts on that, I mean, that gave me chills. I watched it on the next day on social media. I was like, oh, this is dope.
Speaker 7: I mean from an l A perspective, who else could have come in and nobody right, like, who were going to get you know what I mean, He's one of the.
Speaker 2: Greatest to do it. The crowd was epic.
Speaker 3: Did you go that game?
Speaker 7: I didn't go out, didn't make it. I couldn't afford it. I had to sell my body to get tickets for it. But you're not that.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm but I'm with it. But I didn't get you didn't get enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't sell enough.
Speaker 7: But but but when he came out, man, the crowd with crazy and the Lakers performed, So I.
Speaker 3: Think it was good. Dodgers performed. We're going to get to the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: So big news coming out of Game two, obviously, Freddie Freeman Grand Slam. Game one, came out hit a home run. Game two a lot of home runs left and right. But Otani's injury was kind of the topic out of game two. Do you have any inside information? Will he be back game three?
Speaker 2: No, he is.
Speaker 7: He actually didn't get as hurt as bad as we thought. I mean, the whole city panicked for a minute, But I mean, what for seven hundred million, you got to come out with one arm one r Yeah, you got to come out of with one arm and play for it. So he's in the game. I think the Yankees gonna have a big problem tonight.
Speaker 1: Thoughts on just you know, Dodgers have been at the top of the you know, the top of the league the entire season, but getting hot at the right time is essential. And you know, the way their bats have been going, and then they're pitching has been shown up as well. But they've just been hitting the shit out of the ball. Home Runs are flying out of the park, left and right, all through the order are hitting the ball. So your thoughts going into Game three confident?
Speaker 7: I mean one through nine, I mean, I think we're the best in the business right now. If the top of the lineup doesn't get you. The bottom of the lineup is gonna get you. The bottom doesn't get you. The people on the bench are gonna get you. So yeah, we're we're in a place where they have to start hitting and not us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Judge's been struggling. I expect Judge to bounce out of his slump. Some other guys have been picking up the slack. But they're definitely gonna need Aaron Judd if they're gonna have a chance to come back in this year.
Speaker 7: Yes, and he's been playing well all year. So baseball is a funny sport.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 7: It can break your heart. You know, one day you're up, the next day you're sitting on top of the world. It really only takes one hit from him. So if we pitch, if we pitched the way we know to pitch to him, we'll be all right.
Speaker 1: I played a little baseball my day, and they used to have slump busters. What would be your slump buster right now? If you're Aaron Judd to get you back on track.
Speaker 3: And it could be anything.
Speaker 7: I am actually sitting on off speed pitches to get out of slumps. That's what you're supposed to do, Okay, supposed to sit on off speed to get out of slumps.
Speaker 1: Speaking of pitches and off speed, you and Ray are full of shit, first and foremost. Let me just start by that. So I'm gonna talk to you guys, and we're gonna get this on camera. These dudes said that they can hit a ninety mile an hour fastball, which probably one percent of the population can, and they think they're in that one percent. So we got to bet. What do we say? If you lose, you gotta paint Nate Nate's nail. You you have to pain and you have to scrub Rais back.
Speaker 2: No, I don't get out like that, but I know I'm hitting.
Speaker 1: So you really think you can hit an absolute and Ray does to like you guys are saying this so confident, like I'm laughing, Like.
Speaker 3: There's no way in hell you can hit a ninety mile hour fastball.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna give you a thousand dollars and then turn you guys owned a hundred push ups if you lose, and we could break them hundred help wherever you want it.
Speaker 3: I won't make you paint nail.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I need this on video.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's definitely gonna be on video.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I need to get paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll bring the money to the game.
Speaker 2: It's no doubt for me.
Speaker 3: It's five.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna hit a ninety nine fast off? Why is the hell don't start that ship? So five pitches, five pitches, and all you gotta do is hit one.
Speaker 7: I can't hit off live pitching, obviously, so it has to be like a batty cage.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, what what?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Minor league picture?
Speaker 3: Dylan's got home with the pictures for the dog.
Speaker 2: No, and he can pay millions of dollars.
Speaker 1: So all, yeah, we'll get a pitchure. I'll get us a pitching machine. You know u c l A stadium just got taken over. Maybe they're throwing some ship away. I'll find a pitching machine that we could tune up to ninety miles an hour, and I'm willing to bet.
Speaker 3: I'm willing to bet a.
Speaker 1: Thousand dollars with it. Let's get it going. We'll see this is becoming you guys, get it moving ahead?
Speaker 3: Uh you O? JJ Reddick an apology? Hold on, he dropped? Who's this? From man.
Speaker 1: To JJ from Laker Nation? I think this is more just a geno. But a lot of people, a lot of you motherfuckers, was hating on my man JJ, and I was the only one. Even Jeloney wants to say he was rooting for JJ. I was the only one in that chat that was saying, you gotta see dear JJ. When I first saw the podcast you did with Lebron, I was sick to my stomach.
Speaker 3: I was a hater. Did you write this?
Speaker 2: It sounds like a little.
Speaker 1: But now I realized it might have been the best thing that's ever happened to me. We love you, Jonathan Clay Reddick, your rd or die Laker Nation geno. Three games out the gate? First of all, can you.
Speaker 3: JJ is going to see this? Although he doesn't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: When no one says I know my dog, everyone says, can you just apologize?
Speaker 2: Qu JJ.
Speaker 7: You're doing a good job, baby, keep it up. You know how we are. We're kind of finicky here. I see you lose a couple of games, jass to be out of here. Okay, so right now you're doing well? Just a kind of yeah, be out of here, man. Okay, So you're doing well. I'm happy to see it. It is only three games.
Speaker 2: It is so. But what I'm seeing so far, the players look like they respect him, which is what I first foremost.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think everybody thought wasn't going to be, that wasn't gonna happen. But he's here now, he's part of us. He's one of us. We have to get behind him and until otherwise, I'm gonna give him a pass.
Speaker 3: Okay right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, paid you a lot of money, JJ.
Speaker 1: I knew he would be successful. Obviously we're three games in. We don't want to jump off the bridge already. But JJ moves around with an arrogance and a confidence because he does the work.
Speaker 3: He moved that way as a player.
Speaker 1: You know, a quick story, and I've told this JJ would be the one guy thought I would never fuck with and play with them twice in one of my closest basketball friends.
Speaker 3: To this day.
Speaker 1: So JJ is someone that comes off a certain way into but when you know him, I mean, the dude is always a consummate professional, beautiful mind when it comes to X and o's. But you know, I think what you said is the most important is getting that respect. No one's been able to crack the code with that locker room, that they've had. Although they won a championship, it's always just kind of been some shit after that. And I think he came in with the respect of the guys. But I think more than anything, he's empowered Anthony Davis. Anthony Davis is at what about thirty four right now in twelve, and we're not saying he's gonna stay at that number all though. I don't think he's gonna dip much lower. I think he'll be a twenty nine or thirty point a game score if he can stay healthy this year. Broun is able to kind of pick and choose his spots. He doesn't have to be Superman, and I think this is what the fan base have been asking for for a while, that Ad has to step up and be the best player on this team, and bron can be Braun. I loved what Broun did in the Olympics. Obviously, with a little bit more scoring, I think if he can be that Swiss Army Knight for this team, the Lakers are gonna have a chance to I don't want to jump out and stay championship yet, but I definitely think they're gonna be a really strong team, and there's no telling you know, maybe at some point you guys will make a trade and add another piece. But what are your thoughts of, you know, early three games, end of the season, but just what you're seeing from that team, the execution on the offensive end, the way ads playing, the way Bron's playing, Austin Reeves eighteen six and six, Hachi Morris being been solid. Got some guys on the bench that are hurt, They're going to be coming back soon. So thoughts on your Lake show.
Speaker 7: You know, for me, I expect everybody to do their job like Lebron and Ad expect them to do their job. Now for us the real Laker fans, who is the new guys that's going to be our new X factor? Who's off the bench. What is our second team going to look like this year? And so far some of the guys are looking pretty good. You talk about connecting, you talk about Austin Reeves, We're talking about all these guys, but we need them to step up consistent. Yes, because a D and Lebron they're getting paid millions of dollars to play the way they play.
Speaker 2: But who's going to help us?
Speaker 1: So normally you feel like you need that third option. I think Julania mentioned that earlier when we were kind of prepping for this, who's that third option? And to me, until they bust a move, I think the third option could be by committee. You know, d Loo is very streaky, someone that can get hot, Austin res is averaging eighteen six and six, and then the role players being the role players they gave Vincent's the connect. I like the young boy from Tennessee. Obviously, Browny went down to the G League, but kind of finding out who else is gonna round out that bench. You know you they got some guys that are injured right now that'll come back, but I mean three games in, it's early. We're not gonna go crazy. But I love what jj JJ is giving that team an identity. Absolutely and shout out our man Baron Davis. He said he caught JJ at the car wash the other day this weekend and he was watching film.
Speaker 3: He's a student.
Speaker 2: What's the backup center for us? Name Jackson Hayes.
Speaker 3: I like him.
Speaker 2: I think he's the guy.
Speaker 1: That like I like him because that can slide a D to the five. But he's really he reminds me of a is it. I don't want to say, Tyson Chandler, maybe like a young DeAndre just really bouncy rebound block shot, rim threat runs hard player, not a crash dummy in a bad way, but it'll run through a fucking wall for you, tough kid.
Speaker 2: Yes, we need a fow. We need him to file somebody. I like him.
Speaker 3: I like him a lot so Laker fans. Man, there's some hope this year.
Speaker 2: It is early.
Speaker 1: The guys thought it was over this summer when they signed that. Everyone was, fuck, what the fuck? This is White Rising. She don't deserve this ship. Although JJ did go Jay's Smooth. You went from coaching your son to the fucking Lakers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is.
Speaker 1: Amazing and unheard of. But man, I'm really happy for you, bro. You know we've already talked and good luck this year. We're gonna need you to pull up on us one of these mornings, though. But man, Gina, we appreciate you our weekly LA check in from the most notorious LA hater of them all, David.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you not showing your ankles while I'm up here.
Speaker 7: Sorry, okay, all today, man, we appreciate you coming in man absolutely for.
Speaker 1: The final segment of the show, we got a Draftking segment my weekly NFL picks. You guys, I'm a huge NFL fan, and as long as I'm allowed to lone my girl doesn't bully me, I'm gonna watch NFL all Sunday, watch a Thursday night, Monday night.
Speaker 3: I'm a big NFL fan.
Speaker 1: So we wanted to start doing our weekly picks, and I don't really know too much about the plus minus all that shit.
Speaker 3: What does Shaq call it? Shaq called what what? Yeah?
Speaker 1: BPB and w B yeah w WPB. We're gonna start doing our weekly picks. The teams I'm rolling with this week obviously, you know I'm a die hard Niner, so ten out of ten times I'm probably gonna pick them, but they're not on our list this week. So let's see who we got. First off, we got the Broncos at the Ravens Ravens minus eight. I think both teams are five and two, but I really like the Ravens man. I like what big fellas brought, what's his name running back Derrick Henry, what he's been able to do leading the league, and rush I'm not mistaken. Lamar Jackson is one of the best in the game. Two time MVP, so I really like where they're going. So I'm gonna take the Ravens at home minus eight. Next pick Lions at the Packers. Lions have been playing well. Green Bay's at home. Packers are minus.
Speaker 3: Four Lions is four and a half.
Speaker 1: Oh, so Lions are minus four lions going into Green Bay. I'm gonna I'm gonna take I'm gonna take the Lions minus four and a half going into green Bay. I like green Bay young quarterback over there, very bright future. I think Jared Goss got these guys playing really well right now. So I'm gonna take the Lions minus four and a half. Next up, Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Going into Atlanta.
Speaker 1: It's the Falcons are minus two and a half points. Although I feel like Dak might have a bounce back game, I just have too many friends that swear by the Cowboys, and I like fucking with them, and I love when they lose.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Say that's you, Data, that you's Jack, that's you. Nello Kobe, our office manager, he's a Cowboy fan. So there's too many Cowboy fans that I like to fuck with. So I'm gonna go ahead and take Atlanta minus two and a half.
Speaker 3: To hold it down.
Speaker 1: And to round out the week the NFC West. Right now, I'm just letting you guys know, right now, it will be the forty nine ers once we get healthy, as Nate shakes his bald head over there. But we have the Rams and the Seahawks. The Seahawks are minus one Rams going into a tough place, Seattle. But I'm gonna go ahead and stick with the LA team. I'm gonna stick with the LA team. I'm gonna take the Rams plus one to go into Seattle and.
Speaker 3: Get the dub.
Speaker 1: So that's my weekly picks, brought to you by DraftKings. Well, thank you guys for joining us today for our first version of the new version of Unplugged, which will be a weekly run around life. Today we touched on some cool topics. Thank you to my people that came in, Trev and Gino. You can catch this weekly on DraftKings Network and all the Smoke Productions YouTube.
Speaker 3: See y'all next week.