Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Stenebeck along with Carol Masser. We're joined by Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent Nour Melinda Nora. Where do you want to start?
Speaker 4: Well, I've got my eye on managed care companies. I'm looking at Humana. Let's take our hum and United Health, You and HCBS also in focus. We know that United Health is actually the best performing stock in the S and P five hundred by a percentage basis, sing its best day since August. This is all after the US agreed to boost twenty twenty seven payments for private Medicare advantage plans by about two zero point five percent. This is more than initially proposed, and it's essentially a relief when we think about the fact that this industry has really been struggling. It's been under pressure, especially given a lot of the federal cost cutting efforts. But we do see that this rate increase may actually let companies expand their margins. Yet next year. So we are seeing the street really celebrating this for some of those companies. But we do know, as I mentioned, it's been a tough time. Shares of Humanity down about twenty two percent year today.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these companies have been under pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Been a tough ride.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but interesting and they are among the top performers in the S and P five hundred this Tuesday. All right, let's slip it on over to Paramount Skuid Dance. I've never heard of that.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard of that company?
Speaker 4: Team?
Speaker 1: It's not like it's been in the news forever. In the last I thought.
Speaker 4: We were done speaking about it, but we were not.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 4: Never.
Speaker 3: In the media industry, we talk about the media industry, we will do exactly well.
Speaker 4: We all know the ticker Peace Guy. The stock is up earlier, surging as much as thirteen percent. We know it's been in the news because of that tussle back and forth between Netflix and Paramount's Guidance to get Warner Brothers Discovery, where we are hearing some news from Paramounts Guidance essentially saying that they entered into equity syndication agreements with golf funds to support their acquisition acquisition of Warner Brothers Discovery. Wall Street likes this shares a paramount guidance up about nine and a half percent right now as we speak. The stock though down about twenty percent so far in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: What are they doing?
Speaker 4: They're essentially going to get the golf funds to help support their purchase of Warner Brothers Discovery.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean Persian Golf, right, Oh, so they're going wait wait.
Speaker 4: No, sorry you're saying. Yeah, the inter deals with the Public Investment Fund, which is a vehicle of Abu Dhabi Sovereign Wealth Funds and a vehicle of the Katar Investment Authority. So it seems as that they're getting a bit of support here for this deal.
Speaker 1: Oh I see, So they're getting support because absolutely the amount of death that they're taking on and the size of this deal, right, this has been some concerns. But tapping the Persian Golf and then interesting like with everything going on, but yeah, yeah, deep pockets over.
Speaker 4: There, we'll talk about everything that's been going on. We do have a stock that's in the Red Delta Airlines taker DL going down. We're seeing because we are seeing that the company said it's going to increase charges. No surprise here, we do know with all the conflicts going on in the Middle East, we were expecting that the costs might actually be offset and onto the consumer. And we're hearing that Delta Airlines is actually going to be hiking fees for checked bags between ten to fifty dollars a piece. So your first bag will be forty five dollars, your second bag would be fifty five dollars, your third bag two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Work. This is why we have to fly business, because then we don't have to pay for those bags. I'm just saying in the end, to think about the bags.
Speaker 3: Good thing. I don't check bags.
Speaker 1: I do get the bags going and coming back. You add it up.
Speaker 4: And it makes it.
Speaker 3: It has feelings of this story. It holds why well. I mean, when you travel with kids, you have to check.
Speaker 1: You have to travel with When you.
Speaker 3: Travel with Carol Massa, I say, don't.
Speaker 1: Wait, I carry my bags. I'm like, I'll meet you.
Speaker 2: At the gate.
Speaker 3: About the cart.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have a little card. I'm like, go order us food for the plate. What do we do?
Speaker 3: We wade a baggage?
Speaker 2: I always tell you to go. The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.