Speaker 1: It is time now for my Strawberry Letter for today. And if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to SteveHarveyFM.com and click Submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now.
Speaker 2: And you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 3: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you. Here it is. Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 1: All right, nephew, thank you. Subject, he moved on quickly and easily. Dear Steven Shirley, I dated a man for going on three years, and near the end of our relationship, he was very mean to me. I couldn't get him on the phone when he was out, and he would call me back when it was convenient for him. I could not ask him any questions without him getting mad. He had been staying with me day and night, but then he started staying at his own apartment a few nights here and there. He did not invite me over to stay with him. He had changed so much that I thought he was cheating. My brother would snoop on him and we found out that he was really at his house alone when he was not with me. After four months of his standoffish behavior, I suggested we break up.
Speaker 2: He didn't fight for our relationship.
Speaker 1: Instead, he said he needed a real break from me because I was nagging him and accusing him of stuff that he wasn't doing. We parted ways almost a year ago and we haven't talked to each other until yesterday. He called and said he had to tell me something and he wanted me to hear it from him. He said that he's having a baby with his new girlfriend and he's proposing to her soon. It's only been 11 months since we broke up. I asked if he was dating her while he was dating me and he said no. He said he met her after I dumped him and they fell in love. He said instead of me giving him space when he needed it most, I chose to dump him. If he ever really loved me, why didn't he just tell me he needed space?
Speaker 4: He could have.
Speaker 1: How could he have moved on so quickly and easily? Well, because, you know, that's what.
Speaker 2: People do in life.
Speaker 1: They keep him moving. He said, I mean, it looked like he was ready anyway, if you ask me. You said he started being mean to you. He wouldn't take your calls and he didn't invite you over when he stayed at his own place away from you. So because of all that, you broke up with him.
Speaker 2: And guess what? You should have.
Speaker 1: He didn't fight for the relationship because, again, he was pretty much done. I don't care what he says about needing space. It was over for him, and he was ready to move on. It doesn't seem like you guys were happy anyway. You say you had trust issues, so that made you nag him and accuse him of cheating, which he said you did. But you nor your brother had any evidence of that. So after the breakup, he found someone else and he's starting a family with her. So guess what? It is time for you to let it go and move on. It's been a whole year.
Speaker 4: Tommy?
Speaker 5: You have actually gotten on my nerve just through this letter. So I know you were getting on his nerve. You have gotten on mine in a matter of two minutes. I'm tired of you myself. And so here's the problem. I think that you have not taken time to look at yourself.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: What are you doing and what are you doing wrong and why are you running? What made you run him off to the point where he did not want to be with you? You start seeing it. You start seeing the signs. He's sleeping here maybe two or three days a week. Most of the time, he's headed over to his house. He's not really with you anymore.
Speaker 3: It's you.
Speaker 5: What are you doing? And can you start pinpointing? Let's start backtracking and start seeing what... did you do that ran this man off to the point where you got your brother, not your brother, CSI, he over there trying to figure out what's going on with the man. Guess what he found out? He at home by himself. And what is he? He is at peace because you are not there. And you need to start trying to figure out about yourself. What am I doing that I am running this man off? It was the nagging. It was all the questions. It was all of this, all of that. You started seeing all the signs that he's snappy.
Speaker 3: What else is he? Stop.
Speaker 5: You got all these questions for him.
Speaker 3: You hit him up on the phone.
Speaker 2: He mean.
Speaker 5: Once a man starts being mean, he's tired.
Speaker 3: He's done.
Speaker 5: He is done with you. Now, me personally, he should have been done early and walked away from the relationship. He actually let it drag out a little longer, maybe to the point where you thought it still had possibility. And it's been gone. He was done a long time ago. He just held on to it for me.
Speaker 3: So now.
Speaker 5: Now he's at a point he's met somebody else 11 months later. He's calling you back. I guess this is out of respect call. He wants you to hear from him. I found somebody. We got a baby on the way and I'm going to answer the mayor. So I'm letting you know that this is getting ready to happen. It is what it is, but I just wanted to be man enough to let you know from me.
Speaker 3: To you, this is what it is.
Speaker 5: What you're supposed to take away from this is what did I do that I drove a man away to the point where here it is less than a year later, he's about to get married and have a baby. What did I do that I lost a good man? And that's the part you got to start. You got to start working on yourself. Because there's something wrong with you. You're doing something. You nagged this man to death. And he was ready to get up away from you and find him somebody else that's not going to nag him. And that's all men want. We just want some peace. That's all a man wants.
Speaker 3: That's all. Just some peace. We want some peace, and we want a peace. You see what I'm saying? That's all. Give me a peace, and let me have some peace. That's all. And we fine.
Speaker 5: But the nagging, the questions, it just becomes a lot. Once your man just like, you're getting on his nerve.
Speaker 3: When you hear, what? You, uh, you, you, we at wit's end. Okay?
Speaker 5: Look, I have to tell you this right now. At this point of what I'm hearing in the letter, you are not ready to love.
Speaker 3: You're not.
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: We'll come back and let Junior get his point.
Speaker 2: Hang on, yeah.
Speaker 3: But from Tommy, you ain't ready to love.
Speaker 1: We'll have part two of the Strawberry Letter coming up.
Speaker 2: Today's title is... He moved on quickly and easily.
Speaker 1: We'll get back into it with Junior's response coming up right after this.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show. And education is a transformation.
Speaker 6: Every day, the Thurgood Marshall College Fund transforms lives through scholarships and career advancement opportunities. Over a half a billion dollars has already gone back to students who need it most. We also connect companies with exceptional HBCU talent through workforce development initiatives. I am a proud HBCU graduate, and my education helped me reach my fullest potential. I'm continuing that tradition with my daughter, who will be attending an HBCU this fall. Generational excellence continues. TMCF is America's largest organization that exclusively represents the HBCU community.
Speaker 2: Join us in being part of the transformation.
Speaker 6: Apply, donate, or partner with us today at TMCF.org.
Speaker 3: All right, here we are, guys.
Speaker 1: Time to recap today's Strawberry Letter. The subject is, he moved on quickly and easily. This is from a woman who had been dating a man for three years, and near the end of their relationship, she says, the man started being mean to her.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't answer her phone calls.
Speaker 1: He would go stay at his own place and wouldn't invite her over. He changed a lot, and she thought he was cheating. She had her brother to snoop on him, but her brother said that the man wasn't doing anything. He was at home by himself. So after that, she thought that... It would be a good idea for her and the man to break up after four months of him just being standoffish with her. She said he didn't fight for the relationship. He didn't fight for her. He said he needed a real break from her because she was nagging him and accusing him of stuff he wasn't doing. And she was questioning him a lot. So about this has been about a year. They parted ways about a year ago. And they haven't talked to each other in that whole year except for yesterday.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: He called her and told her that he was having a baby with another woman and he was going to propose to her. And he didn't want her to hear it from anyone else but him. So now she's all upset because, you know. Why is he with this man? How could he move on so quickly? Why is he with this woman? How could he move on so quickly and easily? And why didn't he just tell her that.
Speaker 2: He needed space? And he didn't. And he's moved on and she can't get over it after almost a year. Junior, what you got?
Speaker 4: Everything you just said, sure. All the reasons why he's doing all these things. I'm going to tell you one thing. You said all this stuff, but this is what happens.
Speaker 3: The baby. The baby. What about the baby?
Speaker 7: A baby will make you standoffish because the baby keep crying.
Speaker 4: Don't matter, Shirley. He got a baby.
Speaker 3: The baby.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: All I hear is the baby.
Speaker 2: That's all you hear is the baby?
Speaker 4: Standoffish. Ain't been here four months. He won't talk. Babies.
Speaker 5: Babies.
Speaker 4: Make me try to tell you, I'm having a baby. I can't got time for you.
Speaker 3: I'm having a baby.
Speaker 5: A baby.
Speaker 2: So he's preparing for the baby?
Speaker 4: No, the man ain't slept. You know, Shirley, he didn't fall in love with the other woman. He fell asleep. That's what he felt.
Speaker 3: Asleep.
Speaker 4: He tired.
Speaker 2: And she got pregnant?
Speaker 4: She pregnant. He got to deal with all this. He ain't got time for you.
Speaker 2: And then walk around here.
Speaker 4: Carrying his baby.
Speaker 7: He can't talk to you. You sent your brother to the spa. Your brother said he ain't doing nothing. Because it's a baby.
Speaker 2: So you're blaming it on this little innocent baby?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, no. He had to make a baby. He made a baby with somebody else. It ain't you.
Speaker 3: The baby.
Speaker 4: Your brother went and saw he wasn't doing anything. He wasn't even out.
Speaker 5: Nothing.
Speaker 3: You know why?
Speaker 4: Because you can't be out and having a baby.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 4: He ain't got time. You think it's bad?
Speaker 7: Ask his friends. His best friends. They ain't seen him. You know why he ain't seen him? He having a baby.
Speaker 2: So what is he doing? What does that make him do?
Speaker 4: Well, you have kids, Shirley.
Speaker 7: What was he doing when you had a baby?
Speaker 4: Standing right there looking crazy.
Speaker 3: Can't say nothing. Carla, you had a baby before.
Speaker 4: Tasha's right there the whole time. Couldn't go nowhere.
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 5: I'm hungry.
Speaker 2: Having a baby.
Speaker 4: I'm hungry. Let me find you something to eat.
Speaker 2: But it's supposed to be a happy occasion, Junior. It's not.
Speaker 4: He having the baby. It's happy until the baby get here. This man didn't fall in love with you. This man fell asleep.
Speaker 7: I don't see nothing else in this.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, she's just upset because it seems like even though it's been a year to her, it was quick and it was.
Speaker 2: Easy for him to just move on.
Speaker 4: Do you know the day they broke up, Sherry?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 7: They broke up the day when he found out he was having a baby. He had to tell her, I got to go. I can't be in a relationship with you.
Speaker 4: I'm going to have a baby. That's the day they broke up. It was 60 days. How long ago?
Speaker 7: Like 11 months when he found out because he carried a baby for nine. So when he found out, the baby hit her. She said she broke up yesterday. Baby be here Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Next Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Baby be here next Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Baby's birthday.
Speaker 4: Baby birthday next Tuesday. Seven days, all he got left.
Speaker 2: Do the math.
Speaker 4: You can't help her. Just do the math. That's it. He's not that he don't want to be with you, but he fell in love with somebody. He didn't fall in love. He fell asleep, and she was hungry. That's all I got.
Speaker 3: I see what you're saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the baby just consumes you.
Speaker 4: You sent your brother to spy on somebody who having a baby. He can't do nothing. Of course that car in the driveway every night.
Speaker 6: He's going to try to make it work.
Speaker 2: He's trying. Well, he's going to propose to her. He's going to propose to the woman. He has to.
Speaker 5: The baby.
Speaker 7: The baby.
Speaker 4: The baby.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Of course he's going to propose. Yeah, he's going to do the right thing.
Speaker 7: He ain't got no choice.
Speaker 4: He's tired. He ain't slept in months.
Speaker 2: Well, he's not carrying the baby.
Speaker 5: She is.
Speaker 4: He's so tired. He done been on food runs.
Speaker 7: He done bought all the colors for the room. He done put a crib together. He got a car seat now.
Speaker 4: He ain't never had none of this. You ask about what's wrong with him.
Speaker 5: Nothing.
Speaker 3: The baby.
Speaker 5: The baby.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, thank you, guys.
Speaker 4: You can't get him back, the baby.
Speaker 2: Uh-uh. No, he's not coming back.
Speaker 4: That was appointments in the way.
Speaker 1: Post your comments on today's Strawberry Letter at Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook. And check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app. Free never sounded so good. You can download it today.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Now, coming up at 46 minutes after the hour, we got Junior, the baby, here with Sports Talk right after this.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.