Speaker 1: I am still like shocked at today's brand new second date update. I have never in my life felt like a worse person than when this.
Speaker 2: Guy revealed why he did what he did.
Speaker 3: No, like, dude, what is your deal? Pick up some cues? Yeah, oh wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh wait, yeah, oh wait, oh wait. I would have instantly given him another date. Oh yeah, yeah, I feel for him. This is me every two weeks. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta understand it just a second when we start this brand new second date update.
Speaker 2: But we always start with your comments because you're really the star of the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the start today is Mari Koberman, who said, I love your Guys podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm fifteen and I'm definitely learning a little too much about this weird dating world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you guys are hilarious to make me smile while I fall asleep. There you go. Well, good for you.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna date until he's twenty five. Now, yeah, we're gonna make maybe we're not helping the reason that people aren't dating it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, exactly. That is not a starting too young listening that's right. Yeah, all right, let's get your brand new second they started right now.
Speaker 3: The second date up date.
Speaker 4: Isn't it annoying when you're on the dating apps and you match with somebody and you can just talk to them right away.
Speaker 2: What isn't that what you want to know? It never happened, Thank you.
Speaker 4: I want to work for it. That's why I'm glad. On Bumble they added multiple steps in hoops you have to jump through first, where if you're a guy and you match with the girl first, the woman sends you a prompt question that the guy has to answer, and if she doesn't like your response to that, she could just ditch you.
Speaker 3: Right away without ever speaking a word.
Speaker 1: Do you I feel like you have to fill out full essay questions like you're back in high school English class all over again to get a date.
Speaker 4: We're not there yet, but I hope it gets to that person because I love writing essays.
Speaker 5: Theis ye.
Speaker 4: If she does like your answer, then she can approve and give the green light to.
Speaker 3: Actually message her.
Speaker 4: So if you get that prompt, then you're halfway there. And one of our listeners apparently got it recently. His name is Card with a K, So Card, congratulations, you got to answer a pre selected question.
Speaker 3: That must feel pretty good. Yeah, you did it.
Speaker 1: Buddy, is it too much details to know what her pre selected question was about?
Speaker 3: What was the question?
Speaker 5: So it was, what's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, oh serious? For sure? She was going to ask for your favorite pizza toppings. That's what I would have got.
Speaker 4: It is tricky how you answer that, cause if you're just sincere without being fun, then.
Speaker 3: You're gonna look very boring instead.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, if you're too fun and too silly, then it seems like you're not taking this serious, not going to call back.
Speaker 1: I would take my grandmother's vice, live and learn, die and forget it all.
Speaker 4: Boring Okay, boring and a little bit morbid if run So card, what did you answer to the prompt what's the best advice you ever got?
Speaker 5: So? I really thought about it, and I came up with three options because this girl is really cute and I didn't want to blow it.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 3: Give us the other two before you tell us the winner?
Speaker 2: We're going deep.
Speaker 5: I want to know what the.
Speaker 3: Three options are so we can make sure you chose.
Speaker 2: You just writing down life advice for yourself? Is that what you're doing.
Speaker 3: We might here.
Speaker 5: My runner ups were put the cart back, people are watching.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: My next one I was always be yourself unless you can be Beyonce.
Speaker 2: They yeah, that's definitely what it was like saying people put on.
Speaker 5: You didn't like that one, No, like maybe that's too silly and not answering it. So I wasn't sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what was the winner?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So the one I went with was never date someone who claps when the plane lands.
Speaker 2: I think she must have liked it, right.
Speaker 5: She said she was going to update her profile and put it on hers and she did.
Speaker 3: Oh bro, that's extra. That's like personalizing her own.
Speaker 5: Thing for you. I was flattered. But the best part was, you know, it led to a date.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 4: Okay, you made it over all the hurdles, through the obstacles and you got actual meet up with her.
Speaker 3: What did you do for your date?
Speaker 2: I was going to clap right there.
Speaker 4: Oh well, he's not going to talk to you if you did that, bro, what did you do for your date?
Speaker 5: Well, because of things beyond my control, I couldn't until super late, so I booked as a dinner reservation at nine point thirty nine thirty. She initially asked if I could go earlier, but I told her I couldn't, but I really wanted to buy her dinner and spend time with her and that one or over.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh okay?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It went well. We were there for a long time past midnight.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, whoa good days.
Speaker 4: You must have really clicked for two and a half hours at dinner. What time does the restaurant even close?
Speaker 3: That's a long dinner. It's really long.
Speaker 5: It was supposed to close at eleven, but we asked if we could hang there while they like shut stuff down, and they let us.
Speaker 2: That's actually like, that's actually a rude thing. It's so bad.
Speaker 4: I thought I would take that as a compliment if I worked in the restaurant.
Speaker 3: To be like, well, they love us so much they want to stick around beyond.
Speaker 2: I stay here for you. Oh goodness.
Speaker 5: I don't think they were too bothered by it, because they still had the clean up and stuff and rolling silverware.
Speaker 3: They're sweeping.
Speaker 2: You haven't worked any You better have tipped?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, of course I did.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, restaurant aside like it sounds like it was going great with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, so how did the night end?
Speaker 5: It was a good night. I walked her to her car because we drove separately, and it was a quick kiss, not a long one.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right.
Speaker 5: So I'm seeing if I can take her out again. I even joked over said we could do a normal time.
Speaker 3: I'll put it up to eight thirty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but us not responding, She's just not responding.
Speaker 1: Oh that's interesting. I mean, it seems like she was so invested. Just all of the hoops you had to jump through to even get the date, feels like she would have been all in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would think, but no dice.
Speaker 2: No dice.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, don't sound so dejected on the phone right now.
Speaker 5: Carb.
Speaker 3: We haven't even called her and got the answer. There might be a total misunderstanding here.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm worried about. When you guys call people normally doesn't go well.
Speaker 1: Because we're always the last resort, you know, Yeah, and we only air.
Speaker 4: The craziest, worst one.
Speaker 3: So don't worry. Is this is the air's actually a bad thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hopefully this is so boring we never even put it on our actual show.
Speaker 3: That's the goal.
Speaker 4: We'll see what happens when we call Amy, We're gonna come back and try and get you a second.
Speaker 3: Date update super boring edition right after this.
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, hold on man, second date update.
Speaker 4: In the story of Cinderella, you know her date with the prince is going well because she stays out with him till midnight.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm not not a girl, but in.
Speaker 4: This situation, our listener, Card with a K took his date Amy to a late dinner and they stayed past midnight.
Speaker 2: Despite the restaurant being closed.
Speaker 3: True, yes, a date you're like dancing?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but it is a good sign that they were out together for so long. And now is it possible her date accidentally left her glass stiletto behind and ended up bibbity bopping the waiter.
Speaker 3: Alec azooa mechica, dude, I get it.
Speaker 2: We don't change things happened.
Speaker 4: But no matter what, I am interested to hear how this modern day fairy tale ends as involved.
Speaker 3: We're gonna find out.
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe we could just ask Card Card, did you have a hot waiter?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: Not exceptionally?
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, that's good. You start intimidated by whoever your staff was was uber a pumpkin.
Speaker 2: That's a good question, ballet Jose.
Speaker 3: He said that they drove separately. I didn't need an answer, Jeff, No, it's not a we're checking off.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's just call this lovely lady Amy, okay.
Speaker 3: And hopefully she picks up and we get some answers out of her. You ready to do this? I was saying that to myself. I'm ready. Let's do it. Jeff, here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey is this Amy?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hey? This is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 5: Amy, Hi, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Ok yeah, radio still exists. I know it's shocking, but we do a show. It's called Brook and Jeffrey. I think I already said that. And uh, this is a segment called Second Date Update.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I'm not telling rude, but why are you calling?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's part of that segment, the second Date thing, because we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out with recently, a guy named Card.
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Card?
Speaker 2: Did I just hear you go in?
Speaker 5: All right? That's my honest reaction.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh well it's okay. Interesting if you feel that way. That's fine.
Speaker 4: It's just Card has reached out to our show because he's a little bit confused. Why after your date you're not responding to any of his texts or messages?
Speaker 6: Okay, oh you're laughing.
Speaker 2: Does that mean you think he should know?
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, sure, okay, let's go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll just tell you a few things that we know about your date is that it started pretty late. You were at a restaurant for like two and a half hours till like way past it even closed. True, he felt like the vibes were pretty good, so we're wait.
Speaker 1: There was even a cute little kiss he said at the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little quick one.
Speaker 6: Yeah okay, okay, is that all accurate?
Speaker 5: Yes? Those are tracks?
Speaker 2: Well okay, so where did it go wrong?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, maybe just tell us how did you feel about the date?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, first of all, we get there at nine thirty. I'm hungry. I've been waiting to eat, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, you didn't have free dinner, but.
Speaker 6: I was fully expecting to eat when we got there.
Speaker 3: Totally, Okay, totally.
Speaker 6: The waiter kept coming over to take our order, and he kept telling him.
Speaker 5: We weren't ready yet.
Speaker 6: And I'm like visibly hungry. You're you're hungry, yes, yes, So we didn't actually get our food till like ten thirty.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I wouldn't even be able to see straight.
Speaker 2: If I was just sitting at that table.
Speaker 6: Yeah, around eleven, where are the last ones in the restaurant? And I'm like, it is time that Okay, So I I used to work in a restaurant. Okay, I have been a server, and it is absolutely mortifyingly embarrassing to me. If I'm with somebody who does not respect the fact that these people have their own lives. You need to go home.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, Amy, We totally sympathized with that. That was not made clear to us from what we heard from Card. He felt like you were okay with staying later, and it was almost like the vibe was so good.
Speaker 3: The date just kept going and going.
Speaker 6: He said, it was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: When people are asking you to leave the restaurant, oh.
Speaker 3: Because it's such a romantic scene.
Speaker 4: They're like, oh, I can't look at this beautiful couple divorce and he's a yeah, seeing no way.
Speaker 1: It sounds like Card is maybe not very good at reading the room.
Speaker 6: He kept going on looked beyond Beyonce. It looked beyond beyond. Oh if you say, am beyond one more time? I swear that in.
Speaker 3: His defense, though maybe he just liked you spend more time with you.
Speaker 6: Now, there's something weird about it because around like eleven fifty five, they finally were like, you have to leave, and no uncertain terms. They weren't trying to be nice about it anymore. And this man looks at the server and looks at the bill, and he goes, I'm still looking over the bill.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's financially responsible man.
Speaker 6: No way when I tell you I wanted to die. So around midnight we finally left, and it just seems really weird because we could have gone to another place.
Speaker 4: Okay, it sounds like it sounds like you have a lot of questions about why he was doing this and what was going on. The good news is we could just ask him directly, because Card is on the other right now wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Very patient if you can't still have.
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 5: But is it a bad thing that I liked the.
Speaker 2: Turn music off and the lights off?
Speaker 6: Okay, you know what, I'm sorry if i'd known that you were listening this whole time. I probably would have been a little nicer, but you know what, they were closing and you wouldn't leave, and it was weird, and I was one.
Speaker 5: To stay there and enjoy it with you.
Speaker 3: From the room. Okay.
Speaker 6: They brought up the bill before eleven, and you kept insisting on waiting more and more, and they were very clear they needed and you just you just kept finding reasons to I mean, what was going on, because it was really I don't know, it was really strange.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, Amy, I think you've said your your piece, so card do you have anything that you want to say to me in response to that?
Speaker 5: I was a little low on funds. The cell phone company I work for doesn't pay me till midnight on Friday. I used my debit card for the meal, and I wouldn't have gone through if I had paid earlier.
Speaker 3: Look, you feel bad for that. He didn't have money and he needed a way.
Speaker 5: To take her out. I don't feel bad.
Speaker 6: That's the dumbest I've ever heard you talking about it.
Speaker 3: Why did you just schedule it for a later date? What is wrong?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry?
Speaker 4: Okay, you didn't have the money in your account to pay the bill, So you're trying to stall until the pay until.
Speaker 2: I know, right when our paycheck comes through too.
Speaker 4: I feel okay, but like, well, okay, we understand that if you're paying like directly out of your account with a debit card, but like, why don't you do it on a credit card and then pay it later?
Speaker 5: I don't have a credit card.
Speaker 3: You don't have a credit card.
Speaker 5: No, I don't trust myself carry one.
Speaker 1: I think that's good financially, honestly, but they pre approve you for credit cards, even.
Speaker 2: A rich guy. That is such a privileged thing. You know you're doing right.
Speaker 1: That's a good financial choice, right, Amy, I mean that's responsible.
Speaker 3: Girl, serious card.
Speaker 4: You're not really saying a lot here. Is there any defense you want to make or anything you want to say to Amy?
Speaker 5: I mean, what else can I say? I told you guys what the deal was. I just tried to fall a little bit. I mean, at this point, I feel like it set us Cinderella. I got one of the wicked step sisters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't come at her.
Speaker 3: You know the step sisters are freaky though. Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: I feel like Amy, you should give him another chance. I've always dated low fund guys at least.
Speaker 4: And if Brooke is willing to give a break to a poor man, then you should be willing.
Speaker 3: To do it. That's very character for her.
Speaker 4: So what do you think, Amy, One more chance and look, we'll take all the credit cards off the table, will pay for the date.
Speaker 2: Girl card needs to eat. You need to say yes to.
Speaker 6: This, Amy, all right, listen between the lack of consideration for the wait.
Speaker 5: Josh, that not just.
Speaker 6: And the bad and the no credit these red flags just waving man No, I thank you very much, guys, but no thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought she was leading to it, Yes, I thought, okay, I thought she was going to run past the red.
Speaker 3: Flas all right, Well.
Speaker 1: That gives you something to work towards, you know, like a little more financial stability.
Speaker 3: The bullet. I'm Jeffrey in the morning. Brook, What I mean? Come on? I know you felt sorry for the guy.
Speaker 2: I felt terrible for him.
Speaker 3: But be honest with yourself.
Speaker 4: There is no way you would go on a date with a guy who is so bad with money he doesn't even trust himself with a credit card.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, absolutely I would. I had a first date with a boyfriend who we would do a burger joint because he had a free burger coupon.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm not talking about your free and easy early twenties where you would tip the grocery baggers with a nude polaroid.
Speaker 3: I mean, these are adults looking at that.
Speaker 2: You look so cute in polaroids.
Speaker 3: It's just that I know that the perfect lighting in those.
Speaker 4: But remember, these are adults looking to lock down a healthy relationship with a stable guy. Dude.
Speaker 1: A guy who is willing to not get a credit card to avoid going into debt is a stable guy. And I really absolutely I stand by that.
Speaker 4: I thought Alexis had a good point where this guy with all this trouble because he still wanted to pay, said, hey, have you just loaned this I can venmo you in two hours. He's like, no, yes, I want to bring us down both into debt and then you can help pay us.
Speaker 3: Out of it. Sorry, I forgot what romance looks like.
Speaker 1: I mean, they said, the guy has never dealt with overdraft fees.
Speaker 3: I don't know. We can agree to disagree on this one. You've gotten under draft fees. Yeah, I have too much money in that account. It is a burden, but you know what.
Speaker 4: We weren't able to make it work for a card, but doesn't mean we can't help you out. You can always email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. And go check out all of our second eight podcasts for your entertainment.
Speaker 3: They're available at Brook and
Speaker 5: Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning