Speaker 1: Hi, guys. This is Teddy Mellencamp and I'm joined by my friend Emily Simpson for our new spin off show Popping Off, where we are digging deep on this season of Banner Pump Rules. Hi guys, welcome to another episode of Popping Off with Teddy Mellencamp and and Emily Simpson. How you doing? I am doing lovely And I'm going to have to just ask you something because me and Tamer got into a slight altercation this morning. Oh yeah, yeah, I mean it wasn't major, but now I have some grilling of you that I need to do.
Speaker 2: Oh great, okayone, Tamer didn't even prepare me for this, so I feel very blindsided right now.
Speaker 1: All right, you should feel blindsided because the pressures on. I have two questions for you, Okay. The first one is do you know Tamra's kids' names? Yeah? Okay, what are they? Okay?
Speaker 2: Ryan is the oldest, Then Spencer, then Sophia is the youngest who lives with her, and then Sidney.
Speaker 1: Well do you know mine?
Speaker 2: Oh shit, there's Dubs, the little one right, that's that's really the only one I know the name. I apologize. Do you know my kids' names.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, I only knew annabel.
Speaker 2: I know, everybody always knows Annabelle. And then it's like, and then there's those two other little boys that nobody knows.
Speaker 1: You do us for a real loop with having Luke and then Keller. Yeah, because there's like a big juxtaposition between the two names. Well, you mean, because Luke is just like a very strong, everyday kind of name, and then Keller's like where the hell did that come from? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well see here's why. Because they were twins and Shane said, okay, you name one and all name the other. So you named Keller? No, that was Shane?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: No, okay. So my original pick for my boy name was Hunter. And then Dane would not tell me what his pick was, and so right before they were born, and when he told me it was Keller, I was like, I can't name this kid Hunter.
Speaker 1: I can't have Hunter and Keller. It sounds like Hunter and it sounds like Keller.
Speaker 2: Or it sounds like a wildlife magazine, like like a hunting magazine, like Hunter and Keller. I was like, okay, So I had to go back rewind and I was like, I'm going to go with Luke.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well this this is all making more sense because we were really struggling. We're like, we don't understand, but I get it. Hunter, Keller, Hunter and Keller Yeah all right, yeah. I was thinking like a Luke and like a mat or like a Luke and a what's like another like like Tom?
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, well it's Luke Lucas Thomas and Keller Lawrence because those are their grandfather's names.
Speaker 1: And then what's Annabell's middle name?
Speaker 2: Well, technically her name is Sarah Annabel because she's named after my sister, because my sister carried her. But we couldn't do Originally, we were going to do Annabel Sarah Simpson, but then her initials would be ass ass and I was like, I cannot do that to that child.
Speaker 1: I actually just died. I thought that my my option of wanting to name one of our daughters rider and edold being like ride her right, right, but not as bad as.
Speaker 2: Ass, right. So I had to change it to Sarah Annabel Simpson. So now she's SaaS, but we call her Annabel, so okay, but Sas seems pretty fitting to.
Speaker 1: It's better than ass, that's true, So I was walking through the grocery store the other day and someone pulls me aside and they're like, oh, we love your new podcast with Emily Simpson. I just saw her at a cheer competition and you've never seen somebody more over a cheer competition. And I was like, I've been to a cheer competition. I've been to volleyball competition. There is a lot of yelling, how like do you get hit a breaking point? Well?
Speaker 2: I the last cheer competition that Annabel had, I was the only one that took her because Shane couldn't go.
Speaker 1: And it was at usc in LA and it was.
Speaker 2: Raining and I was there for eight hours alone and it is literally horrible. It is horrible. And people kept dming me. They were like, Hi, I see you.
Speaker 1: There, Can I come saying I take a photo with you. I was like, oh my god, this is Were you bedazzled? And did you have glitter on? No?
Speaker 2: I just had a sweat. I felt like I had like a team sweatshirt on, and that was it.
Speaker 1: That was like, I felt like you had a team sweatshirt on.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was like blue and my daughter's team is blue.
Speaker 1: So that was as spirited as I could be. But okay, well, h Sas, maybe next time I'll come to watch you, SaaS asked, maybe next time I'll come to watch one of your cheer competitions.
Speaker 2: Well, then you're going to get the schedule, because uh, it's a lot, yeah, and I need some I need someone to talk to. So wait, I don't understand what was the fight where the argument was Tamara, oh.
Speaker 1: Because my son's name. Well it was more so because we were recapping Miami and we were kind of in a shocking tournament ship talking the fact that Lisa didn't know Kiki's kids' names. Yeah, and then Tamra said to me, well do you know my kids' names? And there may or may not have been a moment did you have to pause or I needed hints? And then she was able. I don't know, she could have been given information. She could have been given information because she rattled all my kids' names off like this, but then she struggled with one of yours. So that was I mean, it wasn't really a large I was nothing like what's happening between Vicki and Tamra, but it was yeah, well that's a small hickup. And then I was like, now I need to know about Emily.
Speaker 2: Well, see, no one ever argues like Vicky and Tammar, because that's like another planet type of argument like those two, Like that makes no sense to me. Have you ever had arguments with a friend the way those two go at each other?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. They would not be considered my friend, like even television show or not television show. I can't even wrap my head around it. The more we talk about it, the more I'm just like, I I really I try to avoid it. And then I now because I'm guilty by association because my own drama with her, it just keeps incoming into my feed. I'm tagged and shit like I was involved in it. I'm like, listen, I don't have any skin in this fight. This fight is not mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like, I just made a shitty coma at Bromo conn Out.
Speaker 1: I'm like, listen, I already got enough shit for that. And now I'm moving on and I'm trying to cause drama with new people, which is why we've We're done. We're done talking housewives over and pop it off. We move on over to vander Pump rules, which let's get into the headlines. All right, okay, this one, well, I had to send a message to my publicist because once again I am no longer her favorite client. Because were you ever her favorite client? You know I wasn't. So does she tell you that she's like, you're my favorite client. No, anytime she posts something about one of her clients on her Insta story, I write like, so you've now made it clear again that I'm not your favorite client. So yesterday she posted this, and then I saw it everywhere, which is Chicago has best non holiday performance week and the show's history Broadway World article here Chicago's Broadway's longest running American musical and Ariana Maddox is currently making her Broadway debut as Roxy Heart, and she is the highest grossing non holiday week and twenty seven years the production gross. I don't even know this number? Is this night one hundred and thirty nine thousand, nine hundred and thirty nine million, I don't know.
Speaker 2: N thirty nine thousand, My goodness, forty cents. I like the forty cents on the end for the way to take it accurate. So this is my plea.
Speaker 1: Not only is it to our joint publicist that maybe she could throw me a bone and post some congratulatory things to me. But also this is to Ariana, please invite me and Emily to your show. Yes, we need to pop off at Chicago and now give us an interview. Yes, absolutely, did you hear that, Ariana? Did you hear it?
Speaker 2: You know what, with Teddy being there, it might be over a million for the week because she has a publics and.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows whr Teddy Mellon camp is so and Emily's going to be there in her sheer gear. That's right. I'll bring I'll bring ass. But I feel like that's a good excuse for us to zip over to New York watch this. We'll just zip over there. We'll zip over because we also need to ask. I mean, we need to talk about all the successes, but we also need to talk about these tiktoks and if there's a reality to the fact that something about her has nothing inside of it. Yeah, I told you, I got a DM.
Speaker 2: Someone was telling me it's closed, like it never opened and never will.
Speaker 1: It's never opened. But do we know if there's anything we need boots on the ground, somebody going peeking their eyes in and seeing what's happening inside.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I'll put my my my workers out there to see if they can look into the permits and see what we can figure out.
Speaker 1: Okay. Also, when I think it's kind of near Jeff Lewis, so maybe we could do a field trip. Oh yeah, we could. Jeff Lewis probably loved field trips. He'd be like, let's go. Okay. This next one is in regards to Jax Taylor. Jax Taylor explains how The Valley is different from vander Pump Rules and reveals Hill Du Du Du still the villain. No shit, Jacks, of course, you're still going to be the villain villain. More than three years after he and wife Brittany left vander Pump Rules, Jackson is officially returning to the Bravo verse on The Valley. I was always kind of the scapegoat on vander Pump Rules. I overshadowed everybody else's well, listen, you know what I feel like I can overshadow of Evil's flaws as well. And no matter what they all did, it would always come back on me, because you're always involved, Jacks. So no matter what anybody else did, they all did the same exact sames that I did believe it or not. I want to come back, but I wanted to do it differently. Jack's added he said the birth of his son, Cruise, was the real kicker for him to make some changes. I will never make any poor decisions again because I have a son. Obviously, that villain he's always going to be there. I have to work very, very hard in life to keep that guy quiet. I'm like, are you the villain or are you not the villain? I just saw you on House of Villains. Well, he's a changed man. So he says he's never going to make a poor decision again ever in his whole life from here on out on camera. And we're going to hold you accountable to that, Jacks, because we will. I'm sure we're going to be watching the valley and talking about it, and we were going to hold up a little magnifying glass and get Emily's Gavil where is it right here to see if Jacks has changed his naughty ways? Right.
Speaker 2: I do like how he says he's a changed man, yet in the same sentence like not taking any accountability for anything. Ever, it was always everybody else's fault and he was just a scapegoat.
Speaker 1: He couldn't help himself. Somebody else forced him to put his penis in somebody else's vagina.
Speaker 2: Clear yeah, well he clearly tripped and fell and then just that was my girlfriend's best friend.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that vagina there. Oops. Oops, I have to thrust God, I can't. It's just too good. They all bone each other. I feel like there needs to be more boning on Housewives of Everybody because could you imagine the drama that would happen? I mean you were feeling, I'm sure, but this one, I've now, we knew this day would come. But Tom zam of Sandoval, who am I am? I am my chin vander Pump At this point, I'm like Tom Zunde all, Tom Sandoval's assistant has a podcast and she talks about intercepting mail in the SA.
Speaker 2: So she has her own podcast, not like she was just on somebody's podcast.
Speaker 1: She has her own podcast called I signed an NDA. Clearly it worked. Yeah, So what are the exact rules of an NDA? Oh? Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's I don't know. It depends on what's in the language. I mean, I don't Could you get me a copy of that specific Nda, so we can see if she's breaking it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll ask Anne, but either way, what she's saying is, bitch, I don't work on Saturdays. Fans saw Tom Sandival's assistant and Maddox thrown in the middle of his breakup with Ariana. As revealed on the premiere, Arianna got her hands on plenty of the letters in pwckages, which didn't surprise Anne. My response to that is, bitch, I don't work on Saturdays. I'm your girl Friday, but I don't work on Saturdays. That's the end of that. Anne had already exposed she'd been working for Sandoval when his month's long affair with Rachel was exposed in March twenty twenty three. I was crushed because as a personal assistant, you become part of your boss's lives. And it's no secret that I dearly love Ariana. She's incredible and so cool, Anne said, Anna, seemingly hinting at recently resigning from her job. Was on the ball, which she didn't confirm, but Schwartz casually mentioned it on a separate podcast earlier that week. Before she quit, she filmed several scenes for season eleven allegedly. Okay.
Speaker 2: I think it's funny that she said, bitch, I don't work on Saturdays, because when I watch her on the show, she's very meek, and you know, like when she asked Arian a question, she's.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, is it okay if he has some friends over?
Speaker 2: And then on her podcast she's like, bitch, I don't work on Saturdays.
Speaker 1: What happened? Her and Jacks have a long calm they do. I mean, damn, it was a big energy like, bitch, I don't work on Saturdays. But also, what are like Tom's primary days of work? I'm confused, Like it's Monday, a big hustle day for Tom.
Speaker 2: Well, Tom is in a band, right, I mean yes, so clearly he's just working at night.
Speaker 1: But I guess he can't get the mail during the day because he's asleep. We true. I mean it would also be hard to know when the mail man is coming because you have a white noise machine in the middle of your freaking hallway. Yeah. Anyways, right, we'll get into that later. Our next headline is involving our friend Alex Baskin. I don't know about this, Alex, he says, I don't know either. Alex Alex, this feels like a stretch. I feel like he said during an episode of Give Them Law that La La asked him what he meant when he referred to Scandval as the worst thing that ever happened to vander Pump Rules, and he says, contrary to what certain people in certain quarters have said of that controversy, saving the show, the truth is the truth, the truth truth, The truth is. We were making a great show in season ten. In fact, we had made a great season. It was a bounce back season and the audience was into it. Baskin noted that expectations for future seasons are too high. I felt like there's a danger in burning too fast and too brightly, he said. I also thought that is one thing to happen to this group that has threatened to tear everyone apart. Everything else has been something we were able to overcome. And I didn't know that we could put the pieces back together with this group, who is now in a situation where they are looking for places to live and need money. I'm pretty sure at some point they will put the group back together in order to save their jobs.
Speaker 2: On this she's talking about Rachel Roquel. Do you think she would come back. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 1: Oh, I think Rachel, especially now that Tom has is dating leon Leonardo crappy. She has good taste and men.
Speaker 2: Yes, Leonardo DiCaprio's ex. We're she clearly aged out with Leonardo. He's like, oh, you're twenty five, sorry, done right to standable.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I'm guessing that we will never see even though we're seeing Tom talk about how he still loves Rachel and he stopped drinking for Rachel because she checked into the treatment center, him dating publicly Victoria Lee Robinson. I feel like it's probably going to put a damper on that, which leads us to our next high headline. Rachel Levis hated Tom sand of all reducing her to a temptress, says she called her trauma therapy stay selfish. Levis said she has no question that Tom and I will never ever be friends again after his guilt tripping over her decision to seek out mental health care and a facility he compared to assisted living, and oh man, the amount of times that Tom called me selfish while I was in the meadows and I was running away from my problems and I'm depending on this place that's basically an assisted living facility, you know, like really guilt tripping me and saying like I left him to deal with all the fodder. I'm just running, She alleged. You know, that just reveals the type of person he is. And there's no question that Tom and I will never ever We're never ever getting back together, ever, ever, ever where. She also discussed her recent appearance his recent appearance on The Vile Files, which congratulations to Nick, he just had a baby and so cute River is adorable. Congratulations, while she said that she hated what he said comparing me to Darcy Sears and Varsity Blues, she shared, which, how does she do with that movie? I know I was that's definitely right in nineties. But did she I want to know did she do the whipped cream bikini? Did she?
Speaker 2: And if she did, Darcy Sears, did that's how she seduced him? I'm pretty did she put cherries on her nipples or did make No, there were cherries. There was the whipped cream bikini and the cherries on the nipple. Actually, my fifteen year anniversary is coming up this month, so maybe I should do the whipped cream bikini with the cherries.
Speaker 1: Please save Tamra's bathtub scene and do that on camera so I can handle you till the end of time.
Speaker 2: I think it would be epic. Shane would literally turn around and walk away.
Speaker 1: Well, no, he would not. He would He would be Shane that one night when he was trying to get it in the what was he trying to get what in the what it was trying to get his action in the pooper? Scooper, Oh, that's right, he forgot he was Mike. But She's said the way that he was describing it really made it sound like I was the temptress and that it was like this seduction that he fell into. She added, I can take ownership of my part in that, because yeah, it was a choice that we made every day and it was a really bad decision. But it just felt like he was putting a lot of fault on me, saying it was my fault for seducing him, which I don't think is right.
Speaker 2: I want to know how they had sex the first time, Like, don't you want to hear that story, like how it happened.
Speaker 1: Well, we know a little bit of how it happened. Allegedly was the night that Ariana's dog died. They were at an all guys night and she decided to show up with another girl that was on last season and her name was Charlie. It was like her partner in crime until they had a falling out and that was supposedly the night and they went back to it. That could be wrong, but they went back to his house with Tom Schwartz. They got in the Jacuzi and then she slept over and allegedly had sex. I say, but I want details, like who kissed you first?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like that's what I mean, Like I want, like fly on the wall details of how it went down.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think. I mean, I think if I were to be a guessing, a guessing kind of gal and not to know at all, my guess would be that there had been some texting flirtation going on for quite some time. Oh wait, it was sex in the car. Oh, sex in the car that night allegedly. And then when did they get in the hot sub first and then get in a car. That must have been the second time, because there was a time that Rachel was caught or it was an additional time. One time was right after Ariana's dog passed. Away, and the next time was right after her grandmother. So so they just.
Speaker 2: So they like to wait until she has death in her family and then they get it on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so essentially death was sex. But I do I'm not because Tom is just really hard to watch sometimes, But I do think it is two person. If you're cheating, it's on both people. And she was in a place where she knew what kind of show she was on. I'm sure she had seen it, and all of them have had sex with each other. But also, when one person goes away, I'm saying, yes, you should go get treatment if you need it, definitely, But when one person goes away and the other person is left to hold everything, Yeah, how much accountability do you really think Tom Sandoval is going to take in this? When you're gone, you don't have access to a phone.
Speaker 2: And he could have gone to treatment too, I mean, he could have gone to like sex Addicts Anonymous or something.
Speaker 1: I mean, he could have that would have probably made him more likable. But I don't think financially, we hear this episode that he needed to make money, like I think Rachel had her family to fall back on financially, and going and getting help from this treatment facility, and Tom saying, I can't even pay my bills. I'm moving five hundred dollars around from here and there because I'm essentially paying all the bills for me and Ariana.
Speaker 2: But is he paying? Here's where I got confused. Why is he paying all? First of all, they move into this house. It's very expensive. It's a two million dollar house, so I don't even know what their mortgage is.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. Yeah, And then.
Speaker 2: He talks about how he's moving money around to pay to cover everything. Clearly, and they're not splitting it. He's covering Everything's assuming what he's saying is true. But why is she not paying the bills? Why is she not paying half the mortgage?
Speaker 1: I think any chance, my guess would be any chance she has an opportunity to stick it to him and make him stress. I feel like she ends up paying the bills, but like she waits and she does things to stress him out. You know, she's angry, and when you're scorned, you do whatever. But what do we think this is season eleven? What do we think Tom's actually making this season? Because it's got to be different than a Housewives scale, because they still glam themselves. Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, I mean, I don't know what they I don't have any idea. It is season eleven, so he's been on TV a long time. Plus he just filmed that show whatever he was doing in New Zealand, and he filmed Special Forces Mass Singer. So, like we're talking, he's got to have a decent amount of money. But he also funds his band like this, So the band isn't really bringing in a lot of money. It's costing him money. Well, I think it brings him money to be a rock star. Well, I mean I.
Speaker 1: Think he gets paid, but I don't. I do know my dad who is you know, hate to brag, but a legitimate touring right, who's your dad? I don't remember. Oh I know, never mentions it, right, but he can say. He will say, like, touring is not where you make your most money, right, It's so you're just out there. You're out there, you're getting your name out there, you're making people happy, you're hearing the new they're hearing the new songs, they're doing whatever. So I mean that's sold out huge auditoriums. And you know, I don't know that Tom's band is necessarily that situation, and he's already said that. So I do know. We've we watched last season. Tom like having to pay his bandmates doing this. It's not like it's all like a package deal. So Billy Leave photographed at Tom Sandoval's home after arian and Maddox claimed she moved in, Billy Lee was spotted outside. So arian is in New York. She's saying she went to New York and and Billy Lee has now moved in with Tom. Lee's friendship with Sandoval has raised eyebrows with vander Pump Rules viewers for years, with Lala Kent and Sheinachet even suggesting Lee and Sandoval had hooked up in the past. One month after news of the affair broke, Lee claims she can support and be there for both parties instead of choosing between Sandoval and Maddox. Well, clearly she made a choice when she moved into the house while Marianna was away. I feel like that was a definite choice made. I mean, I couldn't move into somebody's house.
Speaker 2: Knowing that two people own the home, Like if you go away, I'm not going to go move into your house.
Speaker 1: I mean it would be a little weird if I came home and you had moved in, right, But all of it is just so messy. It's so messy.
Speaker 2: You know why it's also so messy is because they have this court hearing in what June too. She wants to force the sale of the home. But all I can think about the whole time I watched this episode is how messy everything is because she's not paying bills. He has to cover bills. This person apparently moved in and should be paying rent. I doubt she's paying rent. I mean it's a mess. This is a mess, but no one else is messy. Ari on his bedroom, Yes.
Speaker 1: I tell you. Every time I see it, I feel like I've watched an episode of Hoarders. It really gives me anxiety. I mean anxiety too. I mean it's getting messier as the episodes go on, But the rest of the house looks immaculate. So I'm confused. If she just kept like putting her whole entire life in there, and things would normally be other locations, but because she doesn't want to be outside of her room, now it's all but they're like clothes and stuff. Well, it's it's just boxes and clothes and crap everywhere. I couldn't live like that. I would go insane.
Speaker 2: I mean, even if I didn't want to run into him in the hallways or the kitchen or whatever, I still would need an organized space with in my own space, Like I don't get it.
Speaker 1: No, the day after I get home from a trip, when all my stuff is in suitcases and I need to like put everything away is like the most anxiety driven day just seeing it all around and needing to get washed and cleaned. And it's a lot for me. Maybe so you and Arianna could never live together? No, or I mean I don't think I could live with Tom either, or Billy Lee or the band manager or Anne who brought in baby shower him? Do you like the Blues? But before I mean, we're like, before we get into the episode, as you've already talked about the whole episode, but vander from Villa trailer reveals physical altercations, steamy hookups, and an unhappy Lisa. Don't get sloppy. It's a People magazine article that I'm a filled reality series set and Lisa vander Pump's luxury French chateau is coming to Hulu. This spring. Lisa vander Pumps expects nothing but perfection at her exclusive French chateau, but her staff members have other ideas. While the staff members attempt to meet vander Pump's expectations and upcoming unscripted docudrama, they also prove there's no shortage of drama happening behind the scenes. In the trailer, We'll just have to see, We'll have to see if this is going to be another vand of Pump dogs of it all, or if this is really going to deliver. Let's hope that it does. You want it to deliver. Yeah, I want any like I if you're going to do a show, and let's have the show be good. Yeah. Even if I'm not somebody's biggest fan, I still want them to succeed.
Speaker 2: I don't need Well, that's very very supportive of you.
Speaker 1: You want Vicki to succeed. I would love Vicki to succeed so that she could stop trying to go after every other human in her life. That does everything a lot easier. Maybe she just succeeded in some friendships. Things would go a little bit smoother. Okay, so now we're officially that episode two. Tom is back from New Zealand after filming Special Forces. Things are not okay between Tom Sandval and Tom Schwartz. Schworts went on Jack's podcast and talked shit about him, so Sandoval feels betrayed. I don't did you think that, like Schwartz was really talking shit or he was just like I've been in the middle of this for so long. No, I didn't think Schwartz was talking shit.
Speaker 2: I felt like Schwartz was just I mean, he's allowed to have an opinion about what he went through. I mean, what's he supposed to say, Like it was great, it was amazing. I mean, the business was affected, and you know, people are writing horrible reviews and he's trying to deal with the restaurant bar and you know, Tom I know where to be found, and I feel like he's allowed to have an opinion Shorts.
Speaker 1: You can tell every time he's filming he's true in her They're like bloody nubs. At this point, he's obviously stressed out. He needs a prozac, Like stat Well last reunion he brought Xanax or Watch What Happens Live clearly clearly he needs it. But it starts off with Ann or Anne or letting Arianna know that it's Tom's birthday and he wants to have a party and tells Arianna I he'll put her up in a nice place. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Why did she not take up the nice hotel room. I mean, have you seen her bedroom? I would take the nice hotel room. It would be like bids get messy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn, I would want to move out of that bedroom and have a nice hotel room that's clean with some room service.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And especially once we see her scene with Laala where she says that they're always paying for places for her and her boyfriend to stay at because they don't stay at the house. I'm like, what, listen, if Edwin wanted to have a Super Bowl party and would put me up in a hotel room, you would take it. I would be like I would be in a dead run there, like wiving through this rain.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got it met too. But I guess the difference is you don't hate Edwin at least not today currently.
Speaker 1: Right. No, I don't hate him today. I mean tomorrow it could change, but today I love him. But he also is out of town right now, and I'm all right with it. Yeah, I think that's the way to a healthy marriage. Is a lot of time apart. But this episode, you can see Anne is deciding it's time to upload her resume. She's like, let me get this LinkedIn figured out. I'm done. I need a new job.
Speaker 2: She's like, I didn't know I was gonna have to blow up balloons. She's like, not part of the job description. She's like, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Realize that I'm being an assistant meant letting your dogs go out potty. I mean there's text messages when they're walking out of the room. I'm coming down to let the dog out. Then she asked, Okay, no problem, he's in the gym, Like is a shit ass job? Is community job?
Speaker 2: That's terrible? That's like, that's like you're just like a kid trying to coordinate mom and dad when they're in the middle of a divorce and you're you're trying to like be nice to both sides and figure it out. I mean, and she gets paid to do that. Like that's terrible. Well, I see why does he need an assistant to just is that he needs an assistant just to communicate with Arianna?
Speaker 1: Well, if he was looking for a mediator. He probably could have picked a more forceful one, like bitch, she doesn't get them on Saturday. I guess she was there before the breakup, so who knows she didn't sign up for this. I guess because she was already doing the job. But you know, if you're going to go work for Tom Sandaba, all what you're signing up for, I'm sorry you just do Yeah, just like you know, if you're gonna come work for me, I'm gonna be type A controlling all of the things. You no, I know, what do you like to work for? Emily? Probably the same as you I was Beach, I like doalcile flower. Yeah, I'm a type A for sure. Well, then, after ten years, Lisa has decided to close Pump. Lisa says it's very bittersweet, but the rent is going up and Ken is looking to retire. Lisa says, if they take it on for another ten years, Ken will be in his eighties working. But now I'm confused because why do they need to close Pump but they're opening the French chateau.
Speaker 2: Well, it's confluent. Is Ken at the French chatsat or did he stay home? Was he taking care of Jiggy number three. I don't know was he working at pump anyway, It's unclear.
Speaker 1: But my favorite part is that Lisa's hairdresser asking what she wants to do with her hair, as if it hasn't been the same since in nineteen eighty two. That's Patrick. Did you know Patrick used to do Gina's hair?
Speaker 2: Well, that tracks just for like the first season.
Speaker 1: I think he did her, uh, her hair for the first season. Oh, I don't know that I would put either of those hairs on my resume. This is coming from this hair right now. Yeah, you shouldn't really talk right now. Listen. I don't really have but nobody did my hair today. If it was done, you've got some regrowth going on too. I have read with the second I get my hair colored. I had like dark hair and then I bleach it out. And you know, I mean, I'm not shaming anyone's hair, but I laughing at that resume. It's as good as Anne's. Oh, here's another good job. Jason, Tom's friend and manager of the band Yeah comes Over, says Tom has lost a lot of long term friends since the scandabal bro and Jason has stuck by his side. Jason asked Tom if he's heard from Keel slash Rachel. Tom said he hasn't heard from her in a few weeks and is still very much in love with her. He wants to give their relationship a real chance. Tom tells Jason that Ariana said he couldn't have people over. Tom wonders if they could compromise and have everyone out at midnight. He has an send a text. Anne has fast thumbs and gets out too quick. But know what I want to know for real? Yeah, what Anne is texting to her actual friends or her co host on the podcast when all this shit. She's like, this job, that's what she's texting. Yeah, She's like, I'm blowing up balloons and picking up poop and getting male with lightning bolts on it. My life becomes I got to listen to a white noise machine. I'm going in. I went to Harvard. She's like, that's it. I'm getting my own podcast. I'm going to do something and bring my ah. But this podcast name should be poor Anne. This episode, then we get to Ariana telling Lala that Tom is trying to have a party at the house. Lala says, from a logical standpoint, he can't have a party at the house. Laala asked if it would be easier to move out. Lala's pretty much asking all the questions I feel like we would be asking. See I am Laala, Like when Lala comes onto the scene, I'm like, yes, thank you, because these are the questions I would be asking, like why can't he have a party? It's his house too, Why can't you compromise? Why aren't you moving out?
Speaker 2: These are the questions I want to hear answers, sue, thank you, Laala.
Speaker 1: And especially if Ariana is in a place with the new boyfriend who I won't be able to remember name until we actually see him on our screens. You're a visual You're a visual person. I'm a visual person, so it's like I need the constant visual But that his name's David. It's Dan, it's Dan. Clearly I'm a visual person too, so Dan, especially when she says that for the first time ever, she is considering wanting to have children and she feels like Dan would be this partner, and all of these things, like if you are this type of in love with another person, I'm not saying you even need like to give up any of your rights to the house, but you could still move out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I assume her attorney adviser not to move out because it looks like she abandoned the property.
Speaker 1: So I know that's why she's staying.
Speaker 2: I get that, But I just feel like, maybe if she like letting him have a party, maybe think of it like this. If she let him have a party and said, Okay, cool, no problem, if she gives a little, then maybe there's the opportunity to have a conversation where she's like, hey, let's figure out the house situation. Maybe we don't have to pay attorneys. Like if if everybody just gives a little, then he'll give a little. But when you're just like, no, you can't have people over, then he's going to be like you, I'm not going to sell the house.
Speaker 1: So well, of course that's not gonna happen, Emily. That's called growth, and that is clearly not. But you can as this conversation continues to go on, you can see the moment in ari on his eyes when she realizes La La is playing the audience's voice this season. She's like shit, yeah, Like she's like, damn it. She's like, if I know Lala was doing this, I would have blown out my hair today. She was like, I was hoping the scene wasn't even gonna get shown. She's like, listen when I when they said we're gonna go get a smoothie, I thought this was going to be a one and done camp. This is b roll, but it's not. But what I can realize with this relationship, and I know you didn't watch last season, but you see how hard Lalla rode for Ariana last season. And I'm not saying that she's not now, but what you do see is how awkward the friendship is between Lala and Ariana. Like they don't know each other, Like they don't have like a commonality.
Speaker 3: There's it's very uncomfortable, it is, But I do I do appreciate that La La asks the questions that everybody's sitting there thinking, so, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Why do you think they're having such a hard time communicating? They're just different. I think they're just two totally different people. And that's what happens when you have a cast, right, I mean, think about housewives, like all these women, I mean, would you necessarily be friends with them in real life? Because you got to get like your logical one, and then you have to get like, you know, the messy one. And so I think it's the same with Vanner Pump. You have in order for it to work, you have to have a lot of different personalities. So well, I mean, who is the one on your.
Speaker 2: Cast Emily, Like, who's well okay? So you have like the relatable one like Gina, and then you have Heather, which is like the opulence, and then you have I don't know what I am. I guess I'm just the one. I'm just the one that always asks the questions that nobody else does.
Speaker 1: I do that. You're the Lallas, so you are kind of like her. I can I can be all right with that. Then we see Lisa and Can arrive at the pump closing party, Katie, Sheena, Arianna, and Tom Schwartz arrive. Lisa asks Tom how his business is going. And at this point this is where you see the cast divide, which I don't like. Just like, take a breath and just talk to short shorts shorts, right, but why are we putting like shorts didn't do this. Shorts didn't do this. If you're going to go to these group events, then just go with the flow. Yeah, go with the flow, Go with the flow. Speaking of speaking of flow, Sina goes into the music studio to record a Good as Gold remix for the Emo Night. Brock says he loves this version of his wife and she was made for the spotlight. But then this next scene was a little this next thing couldn't oh oh, I could not watch that scene. I had to, like, I had to like pause it because my kids walked in the room. I was like, ah no, it was like very when they're talking about the the O c D and then rock starts to like come for her, and then the mom steps in. I'm like, wait, I was talking about the music video.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Oh you were talking about the porn the pan Yeah. No, yeah, yeah, I was talking about when they did like the flashback to her music video and I was like, oh, hotly, crap, what's the thing happened?
Speaker 1: What is on my screen? I had HBO after Dark? What the hell? You're like? Hold on? And I didn't. Okay, yes, there's like half flapping going. You're like, I think she made out with that guy too on like a past season. I mean Brett, his name is Brett, Brett was hot, but he was he was very hot, but yeah, that was uncomfortable. I was very uncomfortable watching. And I love this side of Sheena. She's a little star. It was almost as cringe as the scene with them talking about the OCD where you can tell Brock has gone off script and kind of called Sheena out on some things, and it like, it's hard because I have been where Sena has been with that OCD, postpartum OCD and anxiety, and so I feel her Mine wasn't about dying when it comes to the kids are not being able to be with my kids alone, but mine was about like scheduling and everything having to be perfect and if it wasn't perfectly aligned, I made everybody's life living hell. Yeah, So it's you know, it presents itself in different ways, but this is the issue. When you hear Brocks stand up and say those things, I know he's wanting to help Sheena, but then I also know his history and then I go down all the rabbit holes and now you're gonna need to go down Brock's history, all right, X on that rabbit hole. Okay, so I'm gonna have to do for next week, all right, Okay?
Speaker 2: I felt I did feel like he was very supportive when she was in the studio and he was like, yeah, like my wife's a badass, And I was like, that's so nice, Like he's so he's like her hype man and like her cheerleader.
Speaker 1: That was cool.
Speaker 2: But then the scene with the mom in the living room and the OCD, it took a turn and we just took a dtour really fast. Well, I think it's also I don't know. I know you have a good relationship with Shane's mom, but does she live with you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, she lives in a huge mega mansion across Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I mean, I don't know if Sheena's mom lives with them, but I can imagine having somebody's mom around all of the time, Yeah, having their side, having her back.
Speaker 2: Can I ask what was your opinion when they were kind of arguing a little bit about the OCD and him wanting her to be able to go out and leave the child with someone else, and then the mom got involved. Do you think that a parent should get involved in that conversation? No, see, I didn't think I didn't think so either. I to me, I felt like it was a little out of line. I felt like she should have let the two of them work it out. And I understand it's her daughter, since she so she wants to have her back, But.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just I felt like in a situation like that, like it wasn't necessary for her to get involved in that.
Speaker 1: What would have made it feel more authentic to me? I mean, you can tell the mom's getting annoyed in the moment, stands up for her daughter. But what I feel like would have happened if it was like Ed's mom and blah blah blah, you know, like there was multiple people. I feel like Rock and Sheena could have had that conversation the mom witnessed it, and then Sheena and her mom went and had a conversation somewhere else to talk about Brock's behavior or what Black said and how it affected her. Right, But the mom getting involved in the moment, and then the new girl coming over and being involved too, I was like, this is kind of a pile on. Yeah, but I mean it's a challenging issue that everybody goes through, so yes, you need to see that. And I think they're probably just frustrated with each other because also, and I love she and I have spent a lot of time with her. I really love her. She has so much fun. But I think your life as a couple changes so much when you have your first child together. And if you're used to going and doing all the fun things and partying and just being NonStop and you're on a television show and you live into life stops, there's a real wake up call. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I assume that his issue is he misses his why he misses, And you know, I've always read that it's health that you have to work on your relationship, your relationship between mom and dad first, and then it trickles down into the kids. So I mean, I assume he's just he just wants to spend alone time with her, you know. Yeah, And I'm and I think that's what which isn't coming from a bad place. That's important in a relationship, but his he may have had a touch of like the wrong tone to go about it. I think, Well, that's I was gonna say. The delivery was off. I think I think the intent behind it was good and that he wants to spend time with his wife, but the delivery was off and the mom being there made it awkward too.
Speaker 1: So awkward, But I can't say this. I saw the mom at a birthday party recently with Summer, and she is lovely and so nice and said that Sheena and her they went and got their skin checked, and like, so, yeah, good good people.
Speaker 2: You can you know what, eh, you know, I totally can tell they have a great relationship. I just wondered, like what your thought was on that? If what I would have not wanted my mom to pipe in? Yeah, I wouldn't have either, but you know, but if it was Shane's mom, she would have. She would have, you know, like a Persian mom. If Sane and I were arguing, she would probably jump.
Speaker 1: Right in there and get inside. Yeah. But then we get to Tom and Tom meet Santoval tell Schwartz that Shorts that he's sorry for the collateral damage he caused. Santaval said he had to do it because of his bank account. I mean, we kind of already talked about this. Obviously, these two two are going to make up. I mean, the thing that I can't move away from is something you actually said yesterday on the group text, which is we need a flow chart of all of the people having sex who they've had sex. Was when they cheated, Like, the fact that this has been magnified to this level is a lot. Then in the quick scene at James's house when Ali got chills because James got a text from Santoval, my birth chart called bullshit? Oh yeah, you believe that happened in that moment?
Speaker 2: Oh no, No, I think she's definitely overplaying that whole heart and how much she's affected by it and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. But then I call it bullshit on birth charts. Let's take like, let's be real, Allie reads mine, and I say this on maybe she could do a reading on popping off. We're inviting all the people, So Ali, will you come to a reading for us? Us? I want to see if it's bullshit or not. We want to see what it says. Then Tom's birthday party also knows the most awkward event of all times, right, I don't understand why, Like, if you're not drinking, do you really need to simulate drinking a fake shot? I? Yeah, no, Well I don't know what sears I guess, but like who wants the non alcoholic shots? Like, no, if you're not drinking, don't take a shot. Let's do let's do something else to celebrate, like maybe sing happy birthday yeah, or or or have the fun colorful balloons that everyone could look at him, maybe make like a balloon game. Maybe maybe do about anything other than have this awkward small talk conversation with the white noise machine and the dirty bedrooms. But yeah, James shows up and in a shocking turn of events that he's awkwarded didn't go well.
Speaker 2: No, didn't go well. I like how he's like, who are all these random people? And then some random guy comes up to him and talk to him and he's like, like this guy tries to get involved.
Speaker 1: Like I thought he was just gonna have a small talk, but no, he was talking about how james behavior affected him. And then they panned to like Tom being like, look I still have friends, and you like these are Anne's friends that she might yeah, that's her group chat, but it's it's a little rough going other than shorts cake that he brought, even though there was already like sixty two other cakes.
Speaker 2: And but but there's all the flowers. Aren't those the flowers for Ariana's birthday? So Ariana's birthday must be around the same.
Speaker 1: Time as Tom's or are they apology flowers to Ariana from who? From Tom? I'm like, no, from like everybody, Like I'm sorry this happened.
Speaker 2: Flowers Like she just gets flowers all the time, from constant, constant flow of flowers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I mean, I'm ready, Shane would sheet on me.
Speaker 2: I'd be like on Broadway, like I'd be getting money and flowers and jobs.
Speaker 1: Damn, we're just here instead. I'm just here in front of them. Yeah, last your pink back great well.
Speaker 2: Behind me and I'm like, you know, picking up kids from school and making dinner and remodeling my kitchen and you know, oh.
Speaker 1: By the way, you're right. It probably could have been from marian his birthday because her birthday is June twenty fourth and Tom's birthday is July seventh, Which does that mean they have a similar birth chart? Because it's a similar.
Speaker 2: We would have to ask Ali, when is your birthday January eighteenth? I am a Capricorn, I'm July first, and I'm a cancer.
Speaker 1: Do we get along well capricorn and cancers? I don't know. Alie, are Emily going to continue a good relationship? Is going to work?
Speaker 2: Now you're asking her to be a fortune teller along with a birth chart reader. But you're asking a lot of this girl, and now she's.
Speaker 1: Gonna have to train Rachel's dog. He saw so many things. But so anyways, James comes in, he what is he even at? Ask if Tom he was apologized for betraying him, and Sandoval says he was so angry because of that ship that happened with Kristen, which takes us back to Jillian seasons ago. James says this is embarrassing and that Sandoval has a lot of growing up to do. Then, after he tells him he's got a lot of growing up to do, then he storms out and peees on the bush. Yeah, and my favorite part of the entire episode is Colli, our first chart reader, sorry honest bushes. She was very concerned about that bush. She's like, only on half of it, only p on the clean side half. Let's do a partian but a white machine and in between the bush so we can tell who is who? Yeah, but I mean at the risk of being flamed. I do think at this point the whole cast being less than ethical is valid.
Speaker 2: Okay, can I can I ask the question about when James said, you know, aren't you apologize for the ultimate betrayal. So his ultimate betrayal is he's talking about the fact that Tom slept with Raquel, but Raquel was engaged to James. Is that the ultimate betrayal that he's speaking of.
Speaker 1: Yes, they were already broken up, not on justifying it, but that he didn't get He always looked at Tom supposedly, which I just don't really buy either, But supposedly James always looked up to Tom as a role model, and.
Speaker 2: That's how I would describe Tom Sander. Role models the first thing that comes to mind.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that's how people describe us as well, but that role model, and that once this happened, James was never given a heads up, and so he feels like that was the ultimate betrayal. However, we have to go back to a million seasons ago when Kristen and James allegedly had an affair and then Tom and Arianna had an emotional affair at the same time. It's like it's just endless.
Speaker 2: But Tom brought that up and then James said, like, don't go there like that, like meaning like that that affair years ago doesn't count, Like I feel like there's different rules in this group, Like if it happened ten years ago. It doesn't count. We don't talk about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it doesn't fully track. Like if you've all been friends forever and there's multiple cheating things that happen like this is that's this is the group. This shouldn't be a huge shock. I mean, with Sandoval's indiscretion worse overall, probably in regards to cheating. But we have to be real. None of these people are angels and they're all out to get each other in some curiosity, except maybe. I mean, I didn't really get to talk about Katie this episode, but I don't. She just seems like she's just gonna say what she feels and she's really not trying to get after anyone at this point except for her like discuss for shorts. Yeah, she hates shorts. She hates shorts. Yeah. Well that was this episode. Guys. Thanks for tuning in to another episode of popping off Oh and closing with the combin this is our how our signs work with one another. Okay, let's hear it. With their combination of down to earth practicality and tender emotion, these two signs have the potential to balance each other out. Beautifully and I Understanding and embracing their differences, Capricorn and cancer can create a powerful, lasting bond that will stand any challenge. I love it. I love it. That should be our new intro. That's our new intro. Read like that with a dramatic reading by Teddy Mellencamp. Thank you for the dramatic reading.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I have a gabble gabble time, okay on something I I oh, I can't think of things. We have to come with a verdict. Oh yeah, what is something that we're going to do at the end of every podcast?
Speaker 1: We have to have like a thing, like a like a Okay.
Speaker 2: I do feel like Ali's comment about the bush was the best comment in the whole thing.
Speaker 1: So best comment, best comment. Okay, that works. Yeah, Now we're gonna be better prepared for this time. We're going to be I do think Laala is plent is the voice of reason, the audience point of view so far this season. This could change, but that's how I feel right now. Way to go, La, Way to go. Yeah, golf collapse golf club, and we are looking forward to our invitation to Chicago. Yeah, so go ahead and you can slide into our dms uh Broadway.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, Yes, we want to go see that Chicago, right yeah? Are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Oh eight out of ten old birthday flower bouquet.
Speaker 2: And the last verdict. I am going to render Ariana a hoarder.
Speaker 1: Done. That is our hot takes from Veriable Books and will be back in a week.
Speaker 3: Bye bye, mm hmmm mm hmmm