Speaker 1: Every day Up the Breakfast Club, y'all done.
Speaker 2: It's the World More Dangerous Morning Show, The Breakfast Club, Charlamade and the God just Hilarious. DJ Envy Envy had to step out, but ll Cool Bay Lauren Lorosa is here and we got some special guests. Man, Big Stunning for Vegas, Big Monola. What's happening?
Speaker 1: How y'all feeling? But I love your music.
Speaker 2: By the way, I can't pronounce the title of it either. I call it you Ain't Black, but I did study what it was though. Solarian is a I say, I'm saying solon.
Speaker 3: So it's a new way to describe Black America, Black America exactly. So it's like an interpretation of like black culture, black history, and it relates to like descending slaves specifically.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 3: So that's what the.
Speaker 4: Term I want to take. Congratulations on the wedding, the tie in, the not the baby, the family, everything. Congratulations King, I appreciate that. Yeah, and congratulations you too, beautiful all pink wedding. Ye, you agreed to it? Huh yeah, you said man, happy white, happy life.
Speaker 3: You didn't suggest agreed to it?
Speaker 4: Okay, So that's obviously a favorite color. It's always extent sent and all your videos, I've seen everything.
Speaker 3: The only color that I wear.
Speaker 5: Okay, how did you get him.
Speaker 3: To tell him? I was like, we can compromise if you want.
Speaker 6: To do what you have to do all that you feel me. I was with it right right, you have to do all that you.
Speaker 5: Just love but you you love us so much like I just give her.
Speaker 6: But I love that.
Speaker 1: What made you finally want to want to settle down? Sir?
Speaker 6: We're being settled down there just like we put it on the internet just last month, being together like four years for sure. My first year of meeting her though, it was like kind of just taking a break, falling back from like the or whatever anything I was going through. She probably not, Probably she like helped me get through whatever everything like a homeboy would, yeah experience that from no female.
Speaker 2: You knew she was the one immediately, Like yeah, like you like God told you, like, man, lock this one down.
Speaker 5: And that black woman behind you, I know that's.
Speaker 1: How did you know he was the one?
Speaker 6: Yeah? He was just already.
Speaker 3: That didn't That didn't mean that I knew he was the one when I'm I just felt like he was very he was just as intentional as I was, and I really appreciated that, and he took good care of me the same way I wanted to take care of him. So I feel like we were on the same page at the same time.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 3: What was the beauty of keeping everything off the end?
Speaker 5: Like what did it was.
Speaker 6: On the internet. It's just like they chose to bite down when they did. We've been popping out though, Yeah, we've been.
Speaker 3: But it's because just protecting our something that's personal to us. It's something that we care about and we love. So it was like protecting our relationship was super important. But we both have supporters that have been with us on our journeys, so it was important to include them in these pivotal moments in our life, like the wedding. I feel like that was a no brainer. Like so many people support us and love us and have been rooting for our union, so it was important for us to invite them virtually to the wedding.
Speaker 7: You had us crying, girl when you posted the moment with your dad. I was like, I literally was like, oh my God. And you talked about him going through his cancer battle and getting to see you married, and like wow, like that was really emotional for me. So just speak to like kind of you know you because my mom is a stage four cancer survivor and one of the things that she's always asked me, it's.
Speaker 3: All, why did you ask me that question?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 7: Hard thing is now is like she's like, I've been sick before. I want to see you be able to do things. I don't know if I'll be able to be here tomorrow. So when you posted that, I was like, dang, like time is of the essence, Like it made me start thinking like, wow, I want my mom to be able to see me get married and have kids. And you know, like it's I don't think people understand the cancer battle, how scared it gets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Your mom will see you be successful before she sees you get.
Speaker 7: When I when I when I saw your posts and I read the caption, it just really made me think because you know, when you know, parents are always trying.
Speaker 3: To be like superheroes always.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so even through my mom's cancer battle, she was like, it's going to be fine. Just make sure you get some grand babies here because I want to see my grandbabies. When I read that, I'm like, oh, like this is serious, like I gotta figure this out, so serious. It was such an important moment for me to share with my dad, and so I'm so glad you brought that up at the top of the interview because I can't wait for him to hear this. But even during his cancer battle, he was very secretive.
Speaker 3: He was private. He didn't tell anybody for six months. Obviously, I feel like me being kind of tapped in spiritually, I felt like something was going on with him, but he never had explicitly told me that he was battling cancer. I just saw him deteriorating in a sense, like he was getting smaller and it's his hair was going and I was just like, Dad, what's going on with you? Like, and he was distancing himself from me, wouldn't even him no more. My son when't and my son loves my dad, but he was he didn't. Every time my dad picked him up, he would be crying, and I was just like, Dad, something's going on. And I just kind of pressured him a little bit and I was like, tell me what's wrong or else. And he showed me his scans and I could see he had it real zoomed in so that I couldn't see that it said hoskins and foma. But when I took his phone and I literally took off running down the street, and I assumed and I started to say hoskins and foam, and I'll just bust out crying because it was such Anymore, I've never seen my dad cough, sneeze me, either, have a cold, none of the things. So to know that he was that he was battling cancer without my full support really touched me. And it really really really hurt me. But thankfully he's beat cancer.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 3: Afterwards, he I guess the chemotherapy had done a number on his heart, so he was he had heart failure and he had to have a triple bypass surgery. That he also wasn't clear about either. One thing about my dad, he is truly superman like. He doesn't want to He doesn't want people worried about him, even if it's something that I should be concerned about. He doesn't want us to be worried about him. So when I found out what he was battling, I was so emotional and I was so all over the place. So and I kind of put, if I'm being candidate, put it made me want to expedite this the process for everything, because I realized, like, I don't know what I was waiting on. I think it was I was feeling the pressures from society, and I'm like, maybe I'm too young to be doing this, and you know, you think about all these things in your mind, and then that kind of really snapped me back to reality and it made me live for myself and for my family, for my village, for my community. So it kind of made me want to expedite the wedding process. And we did it.
Speaker 1: And to my dad, walking on the as be there, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, walk me down the aisle was a dream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why do you Why do y'all think the adults, Oh, the adults feel like keeping that from the kids is the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: Like why fight a battle like that alone?
Speaker 5: What's scary?
Speaker 3: It's like a nightmare. Yeah. I don't think he knew. I think he wanted to keep hope. But he was diagnosed as stay straight, stay straight for it, so he I think he he was optimistic, but I truly think he didn't know. And I think he wanted me to, you know, focus on my tour and my career. He didn't want me to leave and abandon what I was doing because he knew I would have done that. Nothing more important than me than my family.
Speaker 7: You have a song on your mixtape, Diary of an og and when even that song too, I was thinking about this. You're the oldest, the oldest girl, yes, and you talk about the responsibility of being the oldest girl in your family and not being able to think about yourself, and that made me think about your relationship with your dad and everything you went through as well while having a career. Because another thing too, I think why like the older people hide it is because they know drop of a dime, you're not on tour no more, You're not dropping songs, not doing nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not complying with anything career related. I would have dropped everything to be at his side every single day, every chemotherapy appointment. I would have been cooking his meals every day. So to a degree, I'm grateful that he was selfless in those moments and allowed me to continue following what it is that I'm passionate about because he knows I wouldn't have I wouldn't have pursued it. I wouldn't even be here. I would have taken a complete I wouldn't have recorded any music videos, photo shoot, nothing would have mattered to me other than making sure that he was okay. So I think now that time has passed, I feel like maybe he did make the right decision and this shit. I was upset because I was like, Dad, I want to be there for you. This is a really scary time in your life. And he didn't tell anybody, not my siblings, not his mom. He didn't tell anybody other than his wife, so it was just them too, and she had just lost her mom, so it was really difficult for them to manage at the time. So I'm so and I'm glad Charlamagne that you talk about therapy as much as you do, because he's in therapy now and we're getting back to a place of trusting each other and loving each other and supporting each other. And I feel like the wedding was just a way to extend olive branches to everybody in our village, in our community. So I'm glad that he was there.
Speaker 2: It's incredible how God works, because you know that once situation, which could be deemed as negative, let to all of this positive. You know, it said it means you put your gas press the gas on your career and made y'all get married.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna tell you something.
Speaker 2: When I look at y'all, man, forget to look when I'm sitting next to y'all, I can feel it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, family like y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all are a unit. Like it's something like y'all are supposed to be together. Like even looking at Stunt, I'm like, I think a Proverbs eighteen twenty two man, when a man find a good wife, man, you know he gained a different favor from the lord. Like I even see something different in your spirit.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I do too. Already know though, because I'm like, I'm like deeply involved to like how she is spiritually, So I already know.
Speaker 5: And when we saw you get emotional, right, what were your thoughts?
Speaker 6: I was like, yeah, I was like looking at gangsters in the crowd crying you feel me. I was looking at my mama, my dad that I just met, feel me, her grandma because even her family and me alone, like after the wedding, it's like both of our family's family now, but like before it was, I was already like this with her dad, Grandma, Grandpa, great grandpa all of so I was just like getting ready for her to walk out. You feel me, And that's what it was like, because I was crying before she walked out, but when she did, I was just like, damn, it's like I've been through a lot of stuff. You feel me, And I don't like get on the internet to public make it public. I don't. I don't. I don't really do nothing but deal with it. You feel me on my own too, So it was just like all that was just like, man, all that ship out the window, now, like this is what I'm walking into. When she was walking down, it was just like I'll let everything go that she wants me to let go, stuff that I'll be mad about one month and be fine with it the next. Like I just let it go because it's all that mattered.
Speaker 1: You said your father had just met Yeah, my.
Speaker 6: Dad on Father's Day was no cap, no cap. I met him on Father's Day. My wife got me to do a DNA ancestory kid. We was doing that. As we're getting ready for the wedding, I'm like, boom, I probably ain't talked to my grandma, my mom mom in like ten years. Ain't hugged or nothing. Uh, family too, like uncles and aunts, but it always being me and my mom. Like my siblings had their dad, so they'll go live with them. If we anything, gotta go to a shelter whatever, if it me is me and my mama. So I'm like telling my wife, like, damn, I want my family to be at the wedding. I want my mama to be there with her mama, my aunt, my uncle. Like that's how I grew up around family. Whatever I'm doing it, we're doing the ancestry Kid. Probably a month before we go sit down with my family, I'm like, I'm about to sit my mom and my grandparents down, my uncles and aunts. All that long story short, that was like not meant to happen. And that same day I was just like, damn, it ain't gonna never be like what it's supposed to be with my family again. It was like five o'clock in the morning. We was in North Carolina because that's what we was meeting up with everybody. My wife woke me up like, man, babe, I'm finding your cousins right now. Like on my dad's side. The ancestry Kid had hit like that that day the results came back to day that I tried to sit my mama down with her mom, brother and sister and it went left. Then we found a few cousins. They was telling me, you look like this guy. You look like this guy. We went on a month trying to find my dad, and then on follow the day we got a.
Speaker 3: Hired the genealogist to interpret the to interpret the ancestry in the results, and it took her about six weeks to give us the full report. And then when she sent the full report back, she said that, you know, his dad could be one of these three people and there were three brothers, and so we kind of went down the line and I called she had numbers listed in emails. I reached out to everybody. Person that I was able to contact was his grandmother. And initially they thought it was like a scam. They were like, you know, why are you calling us? And I was like, listen, we don't want any we don't want child support, we want anything. We are well off people. We just want to mend the relationship between him and who we believe is his dad. And so we kind of went through the three different options. His two uncles and his dad, and we called it. We called it, we called the first option, and she the genealogist, had him listed as the first option because he was the closest in age to his mom. So we initially thought that it was his uncle, so we FaceTime them. They didn't all the way look alike, but they had some sort of similarity. So we were like, hey, you know, we're just trying to figure this out. And he was like, Hey, I don't think it's me, but it might be my brother because I think he looks more like my brother. And then we FaceTime, we know, FaceTime with him later on Father's Day, and when at his grandmother's house and him and his dad, they looked just alike and the synergy was their immediate and we flew out the next day. He's from these dads from Detroit. We flew out the next day. We met his dad, We met the rest of his family, and his dad was his siblings. He found out he had two a brother and a sister that he didn't know about. So this has been almost thirty years that he didn't know his dad. So to be able for them to be able to reconnect right before the wedding was so it was a lot of emotions going on. When people see the clip, they think it's like, oh, he just up there tore up about his wife, And I think that to a degree, he was emotional, but there were so many different things going on. There were so many different reasons for us to be happy crying that day.
Speaker 1: So how whole that made you feel?
Speaker 6: Son, I don't know yet. I don't know yet. I don't know yet.
Speaker 5: That's honest. That's honest.
Speaker 4: The conversations with you and your dad, are they like what you dreamed of or did you want like you know, were you nervousy with this whole process?
Speaker 6: Nah? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I feel like I think there were a little bit of nerves.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But I'm just like a difficult person to deal with. So I don't know. I mean, like, you know, like I mean, like as far as nothing like against my dad though, But I just don't I don't know. I don't know how it made me feel. Sometimes he called he gonna see this and be like sometimes the call and I might not even know like what we should talk about, so I might not ask and I call her dad though immediately yeah, like whatever, as soon as we leave out of here, I'm gonna call him probably like or he gonna call me. We talked. It's like we got the relationship that I was like looking for for a long time because I was in there with him when she when she was at work. I was going to chemotherapy or I'll be whatever I need. He gonna pick up, he gonna drop whatever I asked him to drop for me right then and there. So he kind of like build the void before my dad could come in and like feel it. But it was just good also to meet my dad and I see like we look alike. He looked, my son look like him. You feel me, We walk alike. I met my grandma, I got a sister, my age, You feel me.
Speaker 2: But you learn a lot about yourself though, because you could be dealing with physical health issues, mental health issues, and not even nowhere but your dad might have been dealing with it. You learned a lot about yourself when you connect those dots.
Speaker 3: You think it was a nerve wreaking experience too, like just for me trying to facilitate, I was really nervous because I didn't know how his dad would receive him and receive the situation as a whole. I was just hoping that he wanted to connect as badly as Sonna wanted to connect. That was my main goal, I guess in my mind, because you never really know how people will receive things. Some people will be like, oh no, I'm not dealing with this, it's too much. But I think it's been difficult for both of them to process it, and his dad as well, like how do you really process having a son and not knowing that you had a son for almost thirty years and then he's an artist. But he was telling us too. He was like, I've seen him before, I know his music. He was able to tell us some of the songs that he did that he really liked. So it was just like I could tell he was stunned. Yeah, he had no idea though, because if you look him up he's from you will see that he's from North Carolina. His dad had never been to North Carolina. He had met his mom in Atlanta and they were young. Things happened, they moved apart, she was pregnant, she moved back home to North Carolina to kind of go throughout her pregnancy. So it was like there was never really he never really knew anything about him so I imagine that that's a lot for him to process as well, and his mom as well too, because I know that she lives with some of those feelings and like, you know, just being young and being a human being and making mistakes, but not really a mistake because I needed him, so it's not I don't perceive it as a mistake. So it was like, it's a lot for everybody to process in this experience. So I'm just trying to be the glue in this situation and keep us all close, keep us connected, and keep us in this healing process.
Speaker 2: Generational crust breaking moment, I'm just.
Speaker 3: General some generational curse breakers. I love that, And that's where.
Speaker 6: We live, that's what that's what we stand on.
Speaker 3: That's what we swear by. Where does that come from?
Speaker 7: Because in your music, yes, are you raised that way that something like where does it come from?
Speaker 3: For sure? I have a family full of matriarchs, full of very strong matriarchs, my mother, both of my grandmothers, my stepmother. I have a family full of women who are the glue for their families. So I have a really good example of like how to keep a family together. And I think they've done a lot for our family, but it's with me. I feel like my purpose is to usher in change and bring about a certain type of energy that it's real and that's raw, and that's unapologetic. And if that means we often to put our mess on the table, that's what we have to do so that we can really get somewhere. Because I love my son with everything in me, and I don't want him to experience half of the things that I experience growing up. I want him to have a pure, a pure life, and so I want to if that means uncovering everybody's secrets and just my son deserves to know his grandparents, his grandfather, He deserves to have a relationship with everybody that is healthy. So whatever I have to do to bring in these healthy relationships, I'm willing to do.
Speaker 1: All I want to do. All I want to do is raise trauma free kids.
Speaker 3: That's all I want to do.
Speaker 2: Please God, is give me the power and the ability to raise or trauma free young lady.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's odd because I can only imagine what that looks like. I can't imagine what that will look like on my son as an adult. I can't wait to see you know, the fruits of my labor. I can't wait to see how he grows up to be. And like, I don't really know very many people in my life, just as a young Black American, Southern Black American girl, I don't know many people in my life who haven't experienced some sort of trauma. So I'm excited to see what that looks like on him. And I just want him to be everything that he wants to be, an astronaut or school bus drop, whatever you want to be. I just want to be here to facilitate that in the healthiest way.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, are you in therapy? It stunning?
Speaker 2: No, but.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm. I'll be talking to her so I'll be like, I don't really need that type of stuff because like she can get me to a point where I'm not mentally like out of it. Yeah, so I'll be like kind of like, maybe I don't need it like that.
Speaker 3: We've tried. We tried therapy, though we have. We did pre counseling before we got married, and then you did your own individual therapy before we did premieral counseling. You did. Yeah, a start, It's a start. It takes a minute to get people. I grew up hospitalized in different mental health institutions, and I grew up in therapy. I really struggled with my mental health growing up, so that was kind of It's not that it was normalized. But my grandmother, she works at a mental health hospital, so she was always diagnosing, and you know, I grew up taking medication, like I really grew up trying to fix whatever was wrong with me. So that's something that was normal for me. But when we got in our relationship, it wasn't really a thing that was talked about with him. So I try to encourage him to do therapy, and I think he's coming around to it, for sure. It's not that he's anti therapy. I think he's coming around to it for sure. But I think his main priority is just surviving.
Speaker 1: So and you got to find the right therapist.
Speaker 6: I feel like that.
Speaker 3: Too. But I think we've we've really reached a point of like bliss and happiness currently, like we're really in a really happy space. But I know therapy is preventative, so it's not necessarily reactive like some I don't think feel like something has to happen and then you go to therapy. I think you should be in therapy period, just to process what it is that you've experienced in your life. But we're slowly but surely we're coming around to it. But I'm really proud of him for the man, and he's become his sobriety journey. Like there's so many things that people don't.
Speaker 1: Come ahead and bring me the big bottle and head to see them.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, not liquor, sir.
Speaker 6: I used to do that every day before I ate, like real talk and not saying I don't know, like making it cool. Yeah, because even when I was doing that, I don't think I was making it cool. I think I was like doing therapy. Yeah, And when I met her, I kind of found out that, like, damn, that's all that was because of Medicaid. I started going to the gym, I want to pick up a pert or bottle or nothing like. Even now I don't like to drink unless I'm with her.
Speaker 7: That sounds crazy, that's so bad, No, but he's yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: What did stunt to do that made you feel so safe and protected?
Speaker 3: I think he showed this level of care that I hadn't experienced yet. Yeah, that Southern hospitality that I hadn't experienced yet. Like I said, I grew, I grew. I went through a lot growing up. I was abused. Please put a trigger winning on this too, because I don't I'm not here to trauma dump. But I'm just being candid because I prayed for this opportunity to get on Breakfast Club. I actually wrote it in my journal five years ago. I wrote this in my journal, I will be on Breakfast Club before I was even putting music out. So I'm just making sure that I do my due diligence to my younger self because I told myself I was going to be here, and I'm here, and I want us to see us this opportunity to be candid and clear and concise. I went through a lot growing up, so and I feel like there was a lot of neglect. And that's not to shame anyone or shame my parents, but they were young and they were learning, and my experience is my experience, and what happened to me happened to me, and I can't erase that. So I want to be clear about that too, because sometimes I feel like when you talk about certain things, especially in the black community, it's like what happens in the house stays in the house, and I want to free myself from those experiences as I grow into this woman that I'm becoming. I experienced some things, some abuse, things happened to me that should have never happened to me. So when I met him and I didn't feel taken advantage of. I felt celebrated, I felt appreciated, and I felt valued. Yeah, so that made me feel like this is where I belong, this is where I should be in his family, they were receptive. We went through our things, but we they reminded me a lot of my family. So we have so many similarities that we shared and I was just like, this feels like home for me.
Speaker 2: Since we having this conversation, Is it true that you attempted suicide in the fourth grade?
Speaker 6: Hm?
Speaker 5: Hm, there's a baby, you're a baby.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's more. She donet been through. I go down the list myself.
Speaker 5: She doesn't.
Speaker 6: Through a lot. That was another thing that when I got around, she wasn't like trauma dumping on me, but it was like, she'll be telling me stuff and I'd be like, man, I was just with you as four five niggas over there. Yeah, Like in North Carolina. We could see a bum getting be a woman and we're gonna go do something to the man or taken advantage of I'm not. I'm not. I'm saying like that's what made me be like man, not not even that. I just wanted to protect myself. I just wanted to show, like I saw the God, that shit won't happen again, Like you don't have to do that, you won't have to do this, wi't nobody come looking for you, want nobody put in none of that, it will ever happen again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was very protective, but yeah that I was. I don't know, well, I guess I was. I was experiencing a lot as a kid that I really couldn't process, and I knew it didn't feel good. I didn't know exactly what was happening, but I knew it was like this feels wrong to me. And I really struggled with my self worth, my self confidence, and I was just like why am I here? And I was feeling like that very young, very young fourth grade I I, that's true, that's my that was my earliest Well, third grade is when those feelings started, and then fourth grade is when I like started like, Okay, let me figure out what I can do to not be here anymore. So it started in fourth grade and then it progressed through middle school through high school. But I'm so grateful that I don't feel that way anymore. Tru I think residually those feelings that kind of come up, cause it was so much of my life I was. I just kind of got accustomed to feeling to you know, I had indoctrinated all of these negative feelings and thoughts about myself. So it got to a point where I was like, this is my being, this is my core being. I don't like who I am. Y, this is to the core. I hate who I am and what people have done to me. And I felt like I deserved it at a point in time, but I know that's not true now.
Speaker 2: Trauma is never your fault, but never your healing is your responsibility.
Speaker 3: So healing is my responsibility.
Speaker 2: When was that pivot? When did you realize like I got it, I got to heal.
Speaker 3: I think I got to a point where I was like, I'm tired of feeling this way about myself, Like there has to be more to life for me than just waking up every day and hating my existence. There has to be more to life. And I started journaling because I had already gone through therapy, and in my mind, I told myself, therapy doesn't work, this medication doesn't work. A lot of it was what do you call it, like hardwired? So my grandmother struggle with her own battles, my mother struggle, my siblings struggle. It's kind of like I don't want to say it's hereditary, but maybe it is. Maybe it's hereditary. So it was like it got to a point where I was like, I can't do this anymore, Like I want to. I see everybody in in their life. I'm ready to enjoy my life. I'm ready to experience it and a lens that isn't coming from this trauma, Like I want to see what life really has for me. And I started journaling. I started making music in that process and really venting my frustrations and just kind of journaling via this rap bea rap, And it started off as rap. I never thought I was gonna be a rapper, but it started off with rap because I was in that angry phase of my healing. I was just mad at the world, mad at everybody for letting me down, mad at my parents, mad at people who did things to me, just mad at everybody. It was everybody's fault. So RAP was like my first real outlet because I was able to vent these frustrations in a very aggressive way. And it still helps me though to this day. Like I still will make a real aggressive record, but I feel like it's helping me come to a calmer place in the weird it's way. It's like this weird juxtaposition. I'll make the most aggressive song and I'm like, all right, I'm good, I'm chilling for the rest. I could chill now.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: You said your grandmother she worked in a mental institution. Yeah so, And you said she even had her own as well. Do you think there was some correlation between where she was working or do you think.
Speaker 5: That was I think she grew up too.
Speaker 3: I think it's just generational, generational curses. Her mother had her at fourteen, my great grandmother, And she said, my great grandmother is still alive to this day. Thank god, she was here. She was here during the wedding. She had her at fourteen, so God knows what she experienced.
Speaker 5: Gotcha, and you have had these conversations with her.
Speaker 3: I've had these conversations with everybody. I'm one of them. People were gonna talk. Yeah, I'm gonna talk with my whole family because I want to get down to the bottom of why do we act this way? What's happening? Like, what has made us behave this way? And then she did her part, but she kind of I feel like she kind of ran to a degree, like she left, she left her hometown, She went to college, and she really put a lot of effort into her studies and she works. She's a workaholic. To this day. She refuses to retire and she's had two strokes. She refuses to retire because she just I notices her way of coping with everything that it is that she deals with the pressures in the stresses of being a matriarch. And then I feel like that trickled down to my mom. And my mom struggled with her own battles growing up and even as an adult. And I feel like as an adult, her having me caught the I caught the the I caught a little bit of what she was struggling with, you know. And that's not too that's to humanize her, if anything, because I feel like we especially young Black girls, oldest girls, oldest Black girls there human they were, they would hear me and they would understand where I'm coming from as an older as an older sister, you are kind of you're adultified and you don't really get to experience your childhood the way that you're supposed to. And I always feel like that And it was because of, like I said, my mom was struggling with her own things. And I hope when she hears this, she knows that it's not too pass judgment on her. I love my mother, that's like she's my baby. I love her, and it's not to be judgmental towards her, but it's just to open up the space to have these conversations that are so uncomfortable to have. But I want her to know that I'm proud of her for doing what she could with us. And I think things happen in the process and all we can do is move forward and heal and learn to love each other through through raw struggles, through our mishaps. So I think it's been passed down from generation the generation, but it definitely stops with me.
Speaker 6: Trauma.
Speaker 2: Trauma runs in your family till it runs into you running me, and I believe that our parents they would have they were just trying to survive.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 2: We're the general We're the first generation that has the luxury of healing. Like you know, they didn't have the resources and that that that that that we got. We weren't talking about anxiety and depression.
Speaker 3: Then, and these resources are readily available to us, and they're promoted almost. I feel like I've seen a rise in people promoting taking care of your mental health and I love that. And I also have my own organization, Stay One More Day, where I promote people healing and focusing on staying another day. Until you get to a point where you're happy to be here.
Speaker 4: Well, you're definitely supposed to be here. I think it was God's plan for you not to take your life and the grade at eight years old. You are a baby, you know, So I'm glad that you are here. And then you're breaking generational curses. So when you got pregnant, what was that like? Because now you're a mother, you know, and you replayed things in your mind like, oh my god, I grew up this way.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to allow my son or my daughter because you didn't know what you were having at that time.
Speaker 3: Don't didn't know to deal with but I kind of knew to a degree because I had a dream. One thing about me, I'm a dreamer. I feel like my these spirits that come to me in these dreams. My friends. I had a dream and my homegirl who passed away, her them is saving. She told me in a dream that I was pregnant and that I was having a boy the month that I conceived my son. So I feel like I kind of you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I told him that the regular dream like became my dream last night and told me we were having a boy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so y'all planned baby boy?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, we did because we had a candidly speaking, we had a miscarriage first about nine months before then. And that also, and I'll talk about this a lot too. And also it's like I talk about a lot of shit. I'm not trying to be the spokesperson for anything either. I want to make that very clear. I'm telling you, I'm just detailing my experiences.
Speaker 5: So I don't want to which is gonna help.
Speaker 3: It's gonna help. It's gonna help because you don't realize how many people go through these things until you meet somebody who's ready to talk about it, and I'm ready to talk about it. There was a lot of I had been told that I had these cysts, and then I went to I got multiple different evaluations. They were like, oh, yeah, you have assist. It's five centimeters six six centimeters. It needs to be removed immediately. And then other people, other doctors were like, oh, I don't see any cists. So it was just like it was so much going on at the time. So when I found out that I was pregnant with my son, I was very protective over that process and I didn't even announce that I was pregnant until I was eight months. And then when we had them, we had a home birth at Amazing, had it in our kitchen, and my grandmother was there, My mother was there, both my grandmother's actually his mom was there, his sisters, my brother was they're his brothers. My dad was there. It was a whole and it was a very strange experience because it was such a vulnerable experience for me. But again, it was one of those things that was like, I feel like I feel called to do this because my mother and my grandmother, they both my mother had all sea sections with all her kids. They told her she was she would never be able to deliver naturally or like vaginantly. They told her she would never be able to do that. By the way, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: They told my wife that for her second daughter, and she had next to.
Speaker 3: They told me the same thing. They told me the same thing, literally told me the same thing. And then my grandmother she almost died having my mom. She only has one child, which is my mom, and she almost died having nurse SOEs she never had any other kids. So it was important for me to heal that trauma for the matriarchs in my family and show them that because when I first told them, they were like, what are you thinking about? Like you canna have a baby at home? Are you sure?
Speaker 6: They were telling her that she needed to she might have to do Session two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were telling me, and the doctors were telling me that I shouldn't. But I don't want to advise anybody against any doctor's orders, because there are doctors out there that are diligent and that are thorough with the work that they do. But again, I'm just going off of what I feel called to do, and very early on within like the first six or twelve weeks of me being pregnant with my son, I was like going back.
Speaker 1: And for it.
Speaker 3: I was like, Noah, I'm doing a home birth.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I got a midwife, I got a doula, and I have my family.
Speaker 1: That's what we got to do it for third and fourth.
Speaker 5: That's the best way.
Speaker 3: I had natural births or y'all just had a duel at the hospital to advocate for y'all.
Speaker 1: My wife had a natural birth, not because she wanted to.
Speaker 3: On the third one was it was happening so fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was something going on with the hospital where it was. She always gets I tell the story wrong, but if something they couldn't get the abadoros or something like that. So she ended up having a natural but she we just decided to get a do it for the third and fourth because it's so hard when black women go to the hospital, like you can't play with that the way the black maternal death rad is actly.
Speaker 3: So that was all that was on my mind. I wanted to take care of myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So now you got your music, yep, and then you you turn your you know, your pain into a beautiful you know, oh.
Speaker 1: You know y'all got something in common. Then you study mortuary science.
Speaker 3: I did, okay, just a mortuary all. What you study mortual science?
Speaker 5: Girl, I went for one semester and I couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: It was too much.
Speaker 5: It was too much, the whole embovement. And then you know, limbs's alive.
Speaker 1: If you do too much, they jump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, girl, fart, that would happen, like all the screamed, they let the noises, they let.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The nerves are like settling basically, so they jerk and they move and they all and.
Speaker 4: Then everybody is the one and you're working and you chilling, and you going break and you got your back turn and then you look, you see I can give somebody seeing up.
Speaker 5: It's a little you know, and then like.
Speaker 1: The dead body sit up.
Speaker 3: No, I did not see it. When I was in mortuary school. They were, they had they told us that was a possibility, But I never seen that personally. But I have seen, like you know, bodies jerk and move and make these noises and these liquids to come out. Like I've seen the whole thing.
Speaker 5: And so you actually went through the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I didn't graduate because I started rapping midway through and I was like, all right, bet, I'm doing this one.
Speaker 5: I didn't graduate because I got scared.
Speaker 3: I understand it was.
Speaker 1: Working at the mortuary first of all.
Speaker 3: No, but you have to you have to internship during your school. By the time you graduate, you have to have been done or else you can't graduate. You have to finish your internship. So you do it while you're in.
Speaker 5: School, right, to get your hours, to get your.
Speaker 3: Hours yet yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Because you started with Life after Death and then it just and then who did the Body? I was like, what is her thing with like life after Death? Literally like it's kind of all centered around it and it's very like church, cheap Baptist.
Speaker 3: Church, it is exactly.
Speaker 7: I'm like, it feels like a funeral at first, and then it goes into a whole different world.
Speaker 3: Exactly I did. I did so culturally I feel like this project for me culturally who did the body? You know, when black people go to a funeral, if the body looked good or bad? Where I was like, who did the body? To see? Which were home? Never who did the body? Like it's one of the two. So culturally it was living but also like like I was just talking about I had so many I've just had a really weird experience with life, and I've also had weird experiences with death. So this project for me was kind of liberating me in that sense and freeing me from the fears of death. But we're all and just also talking about just opening up that conversation about grief in our community and insurance and that type of stuff like that was important to me to highlight with this project. So it's and it is very so Baptist. I grew up Baptists. My grandmother was. She was a youth minister on my dad's side, so she made me sing in the church every Sunday. I had no choice. Even if I was nervous or scared, I had no choice. So those are really my roots. I grew up with a praying grandmother, so those are truly, truly, truly my roots. So I wanted to just highlight Southern Black American culture with this project.
Speaker 1: How do they feel about you doing this secular music? Now?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: They My granny cuss though, so it's like she, you know, you know how Baptist people are. It's like we real Baptists, but outside the church, we like to turn up and have a good time. So it's like my granny, she cussed, she was crazy. She is crazy, So I know it's like she can find a little bit of herself and that I am my grandmother's baby. So it's like, boo, where did I learn this from? But other than you and my mom, I got this from y'all, So how can you really be?
Speaker 6: They?
Speaker 3: They love it, they support it.
Speaker 1: What did Jesus turn the water into water for? If not for a party?
Speaker 3: If not for a party, you know what I'm saying, Not for a good turn up. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe for a different taste. You know they only had water bag then he probably like, let's say something else.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying you could have turned into apple juice, oranges, any of the things wine he was trying to turn up, and I feel I feel him.
Speaker 4: Okay, now beating down your block? That was my anthem like three years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not playing. Did you expect that song to be as big as it got?
Speaker 3: I expected it to change my life. I don't know about I didn't know exactly what the parameters. I didn't know how big it was gonna get, but I knew it was going. I knew it was pivotal in my life. And when I talk about journaling and writing that I was gonna be on Breakfast Club, that was this is around the time that I made that song. I was like, Yeah, I'm gonna be on Breakfast Club. I'm gonna be getting interviewed, I'm be getting plaques. Like I knew, I had a feeling in my bones that that song was going to change my life, and it did just that.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: And I'm at that second phase too, where I feel like these next few songs that I'm dropping in this project, I feel like it's also going to elevate my life. I feel like even Sexy Solon has elevated my life to an agree with all the good and the bad. Talk about it and also thank you Charlemagne for posting that for me. I appreciate you for exposing that to an audience who might dad have seen that, an older audience that like my dad, my mom's generation, who might not have seen it. I feel like it definitely is taking my life to a new tier as well, new fans, new levels conversation too. It causes conversation, which was fine. I'm cool with the good I'm cool with the bad. It was. I just wanted to usher in the conversation.
Speaker 4: So what I love about it? You were still a little too nice. She was like, you were just telling them all black people to go to the bad.
Speaker 5: You ain't saying it out.
Speaker 3: No, I just said, create a level of you know, separation to a degree, not trying to segregate nig because I'm just saying, like, give us our space to congregate, frightnize fellowship for two minutes. I wanted to create a space for Black Americans to turn up and have a good time Black people in general, because I know people were like, what is this for Black Americas for It was like I wanted to promote black unity and black community, which is why you see me depicted cloaked in this black American hairt juste flag, which I want to encourage people to support and buy straight from the source. You can get it on Black Lettic, where Black Litics is not sponsored, by the way, not smart set at all. I just want to I saw people were buying the flag, and you can kind of buy these dupes from like Amazon and different like Chinese vendors, and I want to encourage people to shop straight from the source, which is where black letics. He collaborated. His name is Rodney. He collaborated with Joy, who is the daughter of Melvin Charles, who was a co creator of the Black American hairt Juste flag. So and I had to talk with her earlier this week because I well, a couple weeks ago, because I wanted to make sure that I had the origin story of the Black American Haritge flag correct, which is basically they created it in nineteen sixty seven to basically acknowledge Black Americans for their contributions to America because and it also just create some representation because at the time, we were being identified as negroes, like they didn't really want to acknowledge us as people. We didn't have our own flag. We were kind of like they were paying us dust. And so they created this flag so that we can fly it and represent the Black American culture and our contributions to this country. So and a lot of people at the time didn't really resonate with the American flag either, So it was like we had something of our own. So you see me cloaked in the Black American Heritage flag and the video, but then you also see the flags behind me, the ethnic flags behind me stitched together Nigerian flags, and you know, and I wanted to make sure what was important to me was, like I said, to promote black unity and black community because under the umbrella of white supremacy and racism, we are all black here in this country and cops pull us over. Then I asked you here are you Jamaican? Are you? Where are you from? Fact, they're not asking that you just black. So I wanted to detail these shared experiences across the diaspora. And I know what It's upset a couple of people, which I can understand to a degree, because I feel like Black Americans we want so badly to be represented and we want something of our own because it feel like people have taken from our culture. And I understand that to a degree and still do so. I understand the frustration about incorporating the other flags. But I'm just here to detail what I was trying to depict, and that was black unity and black community. And I'm not trying to divide the diaspora. That will never be my intentions. Unfortunately, that's just not what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm here to bring us together.
Speaker 2: You had When I went to go search the song that morning on YouTube, and all I saw was reaction videos of people upset.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they was mad here, Like.
Speaker 1: Like, is this really it's mad already? I'm like, when this song came about, it's only six days ago.
Speaker 3: Exactly, they were mad. I was. I expected white people to be mad. I real don't give a damn what white people think about me. I expected for them to be mad. I got that. That made sense to me because white people his thing with white people, And it's not that I'm saying that all white people are bad, right, you know, they be saying like I got a black best friend. My best friend is white. You know, I's taking a page out of they book. So it's not that I'm saying white people are bad. But I think she.
Speaker 1: Wasn't in the video. Everybody somebody said that to me this morning. It was like, she got a Latino best friend, Oh my.
Speaker 3: God, just because she's tatty.
Speaker 1: I promise.
Speaker 3: That's my best friend. But it's like, I feel like white people what they need to understand is that they've been conditioned a certain type of way under this because I feel like racism is a fundamental issue, and they've been conditioned to this certain type of teaching in this certain type of way subconsciously. So I feel like, consciously it needs to be called out and it needs to be unlearned. That's my only thing that I want to make clearest, not that I'm saying a white people are bad. So they were mad. I didn't give a damn about that. I ain't care. And they were like, well, what if white people made a song like this? White people have done worse. Let's be clear, they've done way worse in real life. And there is a song, actually I saw the other day there was a song exactly exactly, so it's like, what the hell are we talking about? What are we talking about? But yeah, I expected them to be mad, but I didn't expect for so many people in my community to be upset. And then I kind of like did my homework and I'm like, what is it that is upsetting people? And I got down to the root of it, and I'm like, all right, I see what's happening here. I can't listen. I can't do all this. This is too much. All I'm gonna say is what I wanted to clearly articulate, and that was, like I said, black community, black love, black comunity, and detail these, like I said, shared experiences across the diaspora that we can't control our grandmother are very similar. So I wanted to detail that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you just got to tell people it's a black thing. You wouldn't understand, you wouldn't care what. They don't need an explanation, they.
Speaker 3: Don't need no expl and it should be actually should be gay kept. I think a lot of our cultures should be kept close to us because you know, white people that keep whatever they want to keep close to them is kept very close to them. There's a lot of shit that's kept away from us. And I feel like we should have the same pride and integrity about our culture. And it's not about being exclusionary. Is just showcasing a level of pride and reverence and respect for what's been put in place historically.
Speaker 5: You are twenty four years old. You are so.
Speaker 4: Like just intelligent, brilliant, educating your informative.
Speaker 1: You know, sound like white people. White sound like white people.
Speaker 3: They like white people.
Speaker 1: You sound like white people saying that white people.
Speaker 6: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Because I'm giving another young.
Speaker 2: Black woman sometimes I'd like that don't mean she white, but that means you're just an intelligent black woman, like you don't want to white?
Speaker 3: That make you said that? Are we tell like they sound like white people?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I said, said that she'd be sounding like white people using big words.
Speaker 6: You just used a couple of words that I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: Like that don't mean you white. That does mean she's No no no.
Speaker 4: Before said that he can say whatever you want to say about his wife because and you say.
Speaker 1: Because you look at you.
Speaker 2: Why you know why because you looked at her and you said, wow, you're twenty four years old, and you sound so intelligent.
Speaker 1: I wanted, no, I did, no, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Sound of course, I.
Speaker 4: Did not say she said please. I did not say she sound so intelligent. I said, you're twenty four years old. You are so intelligent. You're informative, you're educating your like.
Speaker 7: I did not say that she means but I don't think she means what you mean that she's gone white. Yeah, she's talking about age and the maturity level when you when you when speaking to.
Speaker 3: Her in a comprehension story.
Speaker 2: Some already told me the other day when Little John was on Your Apprentice, and Donald Trump used to say, come look at little John talk. Y'all got to hear John, he's so intelligent. Oh my god, because you got.
Speaker 1: The dreads right and the gold grill. You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I don't think she meant that.
Speaker 3: I hear what you're saying. If what was coming from if it was coming I would be like what you mean by that? But I understand exactly what you mean because I think, like just especially with the rhetoric with the ship that's being pushed on us right now, I think I get what you mean, like to bring light to these subjects and you know, explain some of these topics that we don't really talk about in our generation.
Speaker 4: We don't talk about it. We don't hear about it from young people enough. You know, Like there's three lesson you just gave us on that flag. You know what I mean that you you intentionally put in your video. Yeah, that's you know what I'm saying, Like all of that and then everything that you've been through, you could have went a whole other way.
Speaker 5: You could have you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, Like, Yeah, for sure, I go around people and it's so crazy to see the difference in how trauma has affected us. And I don't fallot anybody for the path that they chose, because you really never I feel blessed. I don't know what it was that steered me this way, because I could have been I could have done anything in this life. Because I grew up with people and we all grew up, we started at the same point, we experienced some of the same things. Some of the people that I was hospitalized with we shared some of the same experiences, and we've all kind of taken different paths, but we still stay closely connected. But it's like, this is why I advocate the way that I do, because I think people misunderstand my upbringing or they see me or just like or they see somebody who's poised and put together and they think or well spoken, articulate, and they're like, oh my gosh, she's so like, you know, they have no idea the things that I've seen, the things I've witness, things that I've.
Speaker 4: Experienced, and I admire it. It's inspirational.
Speaker 5: Like so, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Definitely glad you answered your call. Is that don hu Leo record? Is that really about stunning for Vegas.
Speaker 5: Answering the phone, Yes, it was why you ain't answer the phone?
Speaker 1: Why you didn't answer the call? Made a good song, blessing on your line. You ain't pick up?
Speaker 3: Get him?
Speaker 6: I caught her back.
Speaker 3: He called me back halfway through the song, and I was did.
Speaker 6: Know ship like not even just made the song. She just saidn't have said that in the interview.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't have, But I was being honest though, because everybody's like, when you lie, you gotta keep up with the lie. So I feel like the first time somebody asked me what was the origin of the song, I was just like, oh, yeah, this is what happened because it was just like the most readily available answer that I had, which was the truth. Maybe I probably shouldn't have said that, but it was true and me he called me back halfway through the song, but I was already deep. I was like, I was already I was vibing. I was loving a song. I knew it wasn't here.
Speaker 6: There was no point.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't have said that. You do why you answer? We shooting a video? Oh, I mean it happens every now and then.
Speaker 2: You know, she said, she's looking at you designed that was his story. He better stick to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I was really I was calling him and I was like, why is he not?
Speaker 6: I don't be doing no sucker ship, bro? Why I don't even like when like a normal person walk up to us and joke about that song, I'll be ready to be like, bro, I'll slap the shit out of you.
Speaker 3: Right, I shouldn't say that.
Speaker 6: Hopefully it's not nobody with me for little brother to be like, bro, we'll slap the shit out of you. Career, I don't know. I don't even play.
Speaker 3: Like, Yeah, his bros is crazy.
Speaker 7: My best friend sent me that song. That's this is how. My best friend sent me that song and it was like, this is you. Y'all are spirit animals. I was like, which was flying? I'm a sad scorpio cuss? Okay, yeah, when your birthday November twenty second? Oh fire, my granny's birthday November twenty third. Oh So she she's fun, but she's fun. Yeah, she's crazy.
Speaker 5: How did the link up with Lizzo happened?
Speaker 3: So she's from Houston. So she reached out to me and she was like, hey, you know I gotta do you have any anything you want me to get on. And I didn't have anything at the time, and I was like, I'm recording this week, I'm recording all week. If I find something, I'll send it to you. And I send it to her. She sent it right back the same day. She sent it back the same day, which is very rare in this industry. I'm saying that because I don't even be sending it back the same day because I be needing to sit with stuff, or I be needing to get to the studio. Maybe I don't got a studio planned for another two weeks. Like it just worked out that way. So I'm very appreciative that she sent me that burst back so quick. I never experienced nothing like, especially from us, a star like Lizo, like somebody who is so accomplished like her. I would have thought that she would have gave me to run around. But she was really adamant about doing the song because she was kind of like she's entering this rap phase and I'm just happy to facilitate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's dope.
Speaker 1: It is true. You you, you and the baby back good.
Speaker 6: We we speak, we speak, I mean we speak.
Speaker 1: Had you facilitated that combo? Was that true.
Speaker 3: I didn't facilitate that Conbo. I don't know him personally, but it was like.
Speaker 6: I facilitated that Combo. I was on tour with talking to you and he told you like that, let's just reached. That's how we seen. I've seen it up there. Like even when I reached out to him, I was reaching out to him on some grown man ship, like I'm gonna take my lick, like I was the reason why we separated because it was a ship going on outside the business. So I moved around and when I hit him up, I probably moved around before I hit him up. I moved around with animosity on my chest. So when I hit him up, it was more so like not getting it off. But it was definitely like, man bro, I'm gonna take accountability. Like I went left. I should have came and spoke to you about certain ship. There was nothing like, man bro, you like I want to get back to that, Like this is the only dudo I'm worried about. So like when I reached out to him on some real ship, it's like, well, I really do miss my brother me. That's all it was. It wasn't nothing, It wasn't about no I needed a song. I'm trying to get back right there with none of that, Like I missed my brother. We're not been through enough, Like it wasn't just straight music ship. I'm like, man, how the hell shout? It adin't hit me up yet. Yeah, but we did end up speaking one out. We was on tour. That's how it kind of happened because I was on tour with my wife. She was on tour Don Tolliver. I was playing around. I got into it like Rick on Don Tolliver bike and like messed up, like faction, every bone in my face and stuff like that. And then when Leo posted about it, like basically letting it be known that I'm straight, probably like a day later, he reached out to me, responding back to the DM that he told you all about. So I had hit him before you fear me, before he came up here and told y'all, and he still didn't even reached that like whatever he said he told y'all like, oh, it's good. But even then, I know bro, like I really know him, so I'm like shit. However, when I sent the message to him, I'm like, however he reacts, I'm not tripping because I'm taking accountability for even letting this shit get this distant. God moved around without saying anything. I moved around without saying like, oh this is going on, or somebody saying there somebody telling who, I just moved around. But even then, because I ain't got nothing against bro loving to death, like, I look at it like when I moved around, like that's what I was supposed to do on God, that what I was supposed to do, Bro, Because that's just what I was supposed to do.
Speaker 2: What was the issue though, because it's not like you didn't have your own identity even being with the baby, like people knew who stunner forward was.
Speaker 1: You was on your own trajectory. You didn't feel like.
Speaker 6: That, Yeah, that's what it felt like, though they might not have been at That's what it felt like though, And that ain't got nothing to do with him, you feel me, We was bruh. It was just that shit happened too quick that I can really say that's his my career, like I can say it happened so quick that it was probably too much for everybody and not just me. But at first I used to look at it like, man, that shit was too much for me, bro, Like before that, I was in a two bedroom apartment that was getting shot up. My mama was at that, like seven niggas in there, my sisters in there, still still going to school every day or whatever. Like uh, I looked at it like it was just too much for everybody from me bruh in the scope and everybody. You feel me, you feel me because I did my part, Like I ain't never end up how any of my peers ended up. That we was doing the same thing on and off Instagram. We was doing the same exact thing. I ain't end up like nobody else. I ain't never get one of my close partners indicted. You feel me killed? Nothing I ain't do. I feel like I felt like the only thing I did wrong was just funck off money because I'm a genuine guy at heart already with anybody I come across, like the bus driver, the janitor, the president, and everybody got like, no big use, no whatever. So I'm like, man, it was just too much, bro, it was just too much for everybody. Like because like I said, it can feel or it can even look like something to y'all, but over here it's something totally different. Like I was really surviving my whole time over there, not even just with being all the baby like within the scope being our help. I was surviving. I wasn't I feel me. I wasn't top of the line like everybody thought it what brother's top of the line, for sure? With me, I was like surviving. I was trying to get through there. I was trying to I'm paying lawyer fees. I'm doing like everything that artists do around my age, like thinking that we've grown already, are like, oh yeah, I'm a man, Like I'm out here. You feel me? So like I say, I can say yeah, it felt like that or even looked like that. But now I'm twenty nine years old and I can look back on shit, wake up every day with my wife, breakfast, lunch, dinner, feel me, wake up with my son, go to the studio when I want to, Like, I see this shit for what it really is. So I know when a nigga get on that bit talking about like man, I gotta take this risk for the family, gotta get away from that shit, be cap that shit, be total cap because I know, like even now I'm bigger than I was before. Bro, I just was like streaming music, and it was dropping so much. I was dropping it through a company or whatever versus, Like now that's what I'm getting back to doing. But my music is better than this being. I'm really like genuinely happy. I really feel like. I was talking to young Thug the other day, was like, how'd you for? Real? Bro? How'd you for I said, I'm better than I ever been, Like, I ain't just saying that to you either. I'm better than I ever been before I got some money. When I got some money, like everything, bro, I look at it like a lessen and not a loss. So I just say it was just too much for everybody, but it was supposed to happen it. It put me in position to be here today. Feed me. It put me in position to learn, like about a lot of stuff that a lot of guys can't come in that bit with the biggest rapper at the time, Like I'm coming through here with the baby. So I'm gonna meet Drake, I'm gonna meet Gucci, I'm gonna meet every rapper. I'm gonna watch this rapper do lame shit that I used to look up to. I'm gonna watch I'm gonna see all of it. Feel me. And then when I finally get to that moment with myself, while I'm like, man, why ain't you take this nigga back? Why don't following this nigga? What am I doing?
Speaker 1: Like this?
Speaker 6: Ain't me? I get to break down all that shit that I've seen from everything, and and then I just tell myself like it was supposed to happen like that versus before my wife came around too. I was definitely telling myself that I'm about to mood to Houston, about the mood of Houston. I'm about to run up some baby. Feel I'm about to woo. I'm about to take a break from North Carolina before I go to jail or do something wrong. Feel me, I'm about to mood to Houston, about to woo woo. And then when I meet her, I did them just start telling myself like I did my first on the radar. I did that first interview. I told him in an interview, I was like, I'm done rapping. And from there, from there, when I said that out loud, like I'm done rapping, I ain't do no freestyle on the radar. From there, that's when everybody come up with the narrative, Oh baby did this he dropped and me dad da da, He's gonna fell out. But I really literally like what's that on the radar? Like just burnt. You can go look at the interview right now, like look at my face and you can tell, like, bro, that nigga did not want to do this. I was sober in that interview, but I was just like and this shit, like everything about it is not what I expected, like feel me.
Speaker 1: But it's the industry in general.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah at the time. But like I say, all that supposed to happen, bro, Like I was supposed to watch the industry go through the ups and downs that it went through as an industry alone, because I used to look at it like is it me going through the ups and downs? And I don't know. I'm a good I'm a good dude, like, but I'm watching fuck niggas go straight ups every time, so I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, is it me?
Speaker 6: But I'm also watching like as a year ago about another year ago. But I'm like, it's really the industry because you can see I don't want to use no names, but you know, shit like did they me and Leo got married? Our name was besides whoever y'all wanted to say it was, but a week before that, the narrative was that maybe I'll fell off for maybe whatever it was, Maybe I'm around my wife because of what she got going on, whatever it was, you feel me. They had every narrative that they wanted to put out there until we just like I say, put it on the internet like this is the narrative, like or people seeing me cry and ship like that. I thought, like, in reality, I'm not tripping about that shit. Or when my wife said, what we're gonna do the ceremony because I'm like, shit, you supposed to cry. I cried for a nigga that died game. You think I'm not about to cry for my wife? Right? You feel me?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Yes, you feel me like I feel the same way about Like they'd be like, oh a nigga, you tender if you I'll be like, I'm right I am. I'm gonna be the first one to tell you straight up I am like and even if she she wouldn't do that, but it don't matter. I'm tender. You feel me because of the same way you play with my homeboy. I know how much react he damn a rat. You play with my son. Mama absolutely.
Speaker 1: Feel me.
Speaker 2: And also because of the trauma we've been through, we don't expect tears of joy.
Speaker 1: No fact, you're supposed to shake tears of joy at your way.
Speaker 6: I was crying for like ten minutes in the shower before I put my suit on. My homeboys out there getting ready. I'm just in it. Been trying to clean up, like song go out there looking toe up. Yeah, like this shit really going on today, That's all I was telling myself in the shower. Yeah, for sure, that was like probably the biggest thing I ever did. What the biggest moment my life other than my son, Like no tour, no show, no big chick could amount to that day for sure.
Speaker 1: Congratulations eighteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Man, he who finds your wife finds a good thing and a teans paper from the Lord.
Speaker 5: I really really admire y'all.
Speaker 4: What y'all got, y'all, Thank you, Alice, the empire, y'all building, How y'all raising y'all, little boy, how you're breaking generational curses.
Speaker 1: House.
Speaker 4: It's gonna get It's going to get easier and easier with time with your dad if you just keep going, you know, like like Mona said, it's hard for you and it's also hard for him. But I know it'll get It'll get right, you know, yeah time.
Speaker 2: Because she's giving you that look like she want to go make another one man?
Speaker 1: Yes, but no, who did? The body comes out this Friday.
Speaker 6: Friday seventeen.
Speaker 3: Look at them, look at that, look at us, see that people stamp. Yeah, that's a proud of us. Look at us. Magazine stamp.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Keep going, generational curse breakers, man, that's the best work that y'all can do. Not being afraid to come out here and tell y'all stories and just being this amazing example of black love.
Speaker 1: Man. Salute to y'all.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, absolutely, thank you'all. Yes, thank y'all for having us.
Speaker 1: Vegas is the breakfast club.
Speaker 8: It's not Mono Leo, Mona Leo le You sound white every.
Speaker 1: Day a week ago, breakfast club. Finish, y'all done,