Speaker 1: Welcome to another great debate where we don't know what we're going to talk about.
Speaker 2: There's three of us here.
Speaker 1: Micha will pitch us and then we'll just start arguing about crap.
Speaker 2: I'm Bobby Bones. I don't know what do I do?
Speaker 1: Tell jokes, do a radio show, do podcasts? Written a couple of books.
Speaker 2: This is Eddie.
Speaker 1: Eddie is not only half of our comedy band, The Raging Idiots, He's also on the Bobby Bone Show, Wonderful Data four.
Speaker 3: This is one.
Speaker 2: This is Brandon Ray.
Speaker 1: Brandon Ray is a extremely talented singer songwriter. He is the head of creative here on this project on Netflix. He does a bunch of songs end up in commercials all over.
Speaker 4: He's awesome.
Speaker 1: He's written with a lot of people in Town two, so he always adds that perspective.
Speaker 2: So here we go.
Speaker 1: We don't know what we're about to discuss and argue about.
Speaker 3: Us.
Speaker 5: Now we will be debating the best country crossover hits into pop okay.
Speaker 1: And as always, we will spin the wheel first to see who goes first, and we'll all have four spots to draft best country songs that ended up being pop songs. Man Okay, let's spin it up. We get all three of us on the wheel. Here, is there any fact checking on this?
Speaker 3: You do that? What would be the fact? I don't know.
Speaker 1: But you could say every Taylor Swift song, but I don't know that's true. But that was only from like our early days. And then and then we will go to three also, Brandon, you'll go first. We'll go to three different ais at the end to settle and see who won.
Speaker 3: It's very fair because.
Speaker 2: We don't get paid by Big AI.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 2: So we'll go to Chad GBT.
Speaker 3: We'll go to.
Speaker 4: Gemini.
Speaker 3: Gemini was one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gemini is one, Mike, Yeah, yeah, yeah. And then what was the Claude? Claude, I'm a clode Guy guy. So we'll put it in and then we'll have a winter. Okay, so best country crossover hits in the pop, Brandon, you have the first overall pick.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: The first one that popped in popped into my head is by Faith Hill and it's called Breathe.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: That is a good one. That's good.
Speaker 1: I wasn't going back that far really, I started way back like, but it opens my eyes in my mind to other because.
Speaker 2: Because I got such a good one, oh man, torn.
Speaker 1: Open me up, sorry, open me up some good ones. Okay, I'm still gonna go where my head was first.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this was the biggest one.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go.
Speaker 2: How far back you going?
Speaker 1: Well, it's the two thousand's, but it's the whole debate of and hey, I's going to settle this for us. That's true, Like did it just get really popular later to everybody or did it actually cross over?
Speaker 2: And when I'm most of them talking about Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Okay, because her songs now, everybody loves all of them. But for example, Tim mcgrawl didn't really cross over. No, it didn't like it probably had a little dance, but it didn't really cross over. So if I'm gonna go with the Taylor.
Speaker 3: Song, so you thinking early Taylor.
Speaker 1: No, I have to think mid Taylor because that's when it really was because laid Taylor was popped.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Red Album you can't.
Speaker 1: Do well some of the Red album though, was her cross that?
Speaker 2: That's the album?
Speaker 1: The Red Album, that's the album. Interesting, I'm gonna go Kenny and Dolly Islands in the stream. You said you were gonna know that I know, but I did.
Speaker 3: That's what I was going.
Speaker 1: I couldn't decide it was Taylor one. And since AI's like judging us, that's so rude.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: But then I changed my.
Speaker 1: Mind because I wouldn't have fed you all the Taylor talk if I didn't mean it. I just I just couldn't commit because I didn't know which one did what.
Speaker 3: Dude, Now I don't know what to do with my life.
Speaker 1: And if this was a voting thing, I think I would have gone Taylor because I would have pandered. But since AI's judging us, I gotta go Kenny. To all the Islands in the Stream, which, by the way, written by.
Speaker 2: Willie.
Speaker 3: I feel like everything was written by Willie. Uh Islands in the Stream was written by Barry Manilo.
Speaker 1: No, you're close, Hey, hold on, hold on, very white, You're you're close. Yeah, you're you're the right close.
Speaker 3: Like who's saying copa cabana? That's Barry Manelo. Okay, gosh, it's somebody like that.
Speaker 1: It's not only someone like that.
Speaker 3: You've nailed a part of it, like it's got to be the berry. There you go, Barry Gibbs, Barry Gibb to the fan Barry Gibbs Begs the Beg's.
Speaker 1: Really they wrote it and it wasn't even am I thinking of that a song. I wrote it and produced it. I was so sure of it. I started to doubt myself because it was written for other They tried to pitch.
Speaker 5: It like R and B it's supposed to be from Marvin Gaye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, was it not good enough to be Bege's because I feel like it'd be perfect for a BEGI song.
Speaker 2: I didn't ask him.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Kenny and Dolly Islands in the Strength my number one pick.
Speaker 3: See And part of why I wanted you to go Taylor is because Taylor is a great pick.
Speaker 2: But Taylor, there's like where do you go?
Speaker 1: That's why I was talking it out, like where do you Never settled. It was like the end of Castaway where you don't know where.
Speaker 2: He goes and does he go left? Does he go right? To go back there?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: There's a whole it just shuts down. The movie shuts down. You're like, what the crap?
Speaker 3: I feel like he goes back to the girl though, but but I really don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if what if they do a smash cut and it's just him humping a volleyball.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he just couldn't.
Speaker 1: It's like we find out what Tom Hanks was really up to, and it's just him grinding on a ball and he just lives his life with love with.
Speaker 4: I don't want to see Castaway too.
Speaker 3: It's all the relationship between them and Wilson.
Speaker 1: It's just a weird documentary ton of guy in love with a volleyball.
Speaker 3: Get dark, Okay, Okay, all right, I'm just gonna have to go Taylor, and I'm gonna just go and say, all right, this was probably the crossover song. Gosh, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Go with Mean Taylor.
Speaker 3: Mean.
Speaker 1: I love that song. It's possibly top three Taylor swip songs.
Speaker 2: All You Are is Me?
Speaker 1: Did it cross over though?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I believe I mean everything. There was a lot of Yeah Taylor crossover, but I feel like Mean was the one where it's like it wasn't so country.
Speaker 1: I love that song, maybe number one.
Speaker 4: I actually heard that the other day and it reminded me, like, dude, this is a great song.
Speaker 1: It's It's all you Are is Mean, It's got the band you and yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Just don't know the crossover, the full crossover, and that's kind of a risk pick.
Speaker 1: But yeah, okay, Brandon, back over to you, Faith Hill Breathe.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna add to that?
Speaker 3: All Right?
Speaker 4: I would go Taylor Swift, and I probably should, but I don't want this one to be stolen. So I'm gonna say needs You Now from Lady An a Vellum.
Speaker 2: I had it, Jam, I had it. I loved that song.
Speaker 1: I thought I could get that one in like a third round. Me too, But that was a monster.
Speaker 2: Like you were doing pop radio at the.
Speaker 3: Time, playing the crap out of it, and I remember listening to a show and when that song will come on and be like, I like this one, turn it out.
Speaker 1: So getting to know those guys in that band there's three of them, There's Charles, Dave and Hillary, and even getting to know the riders of that song. That is a song that you hear a lot of times. There was a throwaway crazy that they just reworded. It really wasn't even going to make the album, much less be a single, and they're just going through music. It's one of those stories. Okay, yeah, I think we should put it on the record, right, Huh, good thing you did not only that, I think I think it should be the scene. It's risky, but let's make it the single. Yeah, and then what yeah change their life?
Speaker 3: How does the decision, ever, how does it crossover? Like, how does it get in the hands of pop radio?
Speaker 1: So I can tell you generally speaking, because I think a lot of stories are different. If it does tremendously well at country and someone in the country space label wise season avenue for it to also season avenue that they feel like is a good investment to then do promotion for it within pop because it's all a money thing.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, occasionally you'll.
Speaker 1: Have stations to go, this is such a jam, We're just going to play it anyway. Rare, it's a label has to commit to now doing the promotion that record over on the pop side of things, because a lot it takes a lot of It just takes a lot of money to promote a record anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So yeah, I didn't know if it was a radio decision, like program directors saying like, hey, we're going to play this also on the on the pop stade.
Speaker 1: That can happen too, where let's say, lady A, I'll just use that song. It could there could be a program director in Atlanta and this didn't happen. But at a pop station that goes, this song is doing so well in our market through research, we're also going to play it on the pop station, and then it does so well on the pop station through research that other stations go, oh, we should add it then too, because the research is showing it's doing well here and it can.
Speaker 2: Also blow up that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I would say for the most part.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: Directly from the record label deciding that it's worth the money to promote it to pop radio. That's got to be a risk, it is, and they have a lot of data though, because then go look in your city. Look out it's selling in your city or streaming in your city. So yeah, that's it. But there's not universal answer. So I don't want to be the oud that knows everything. But it's mostly a money thing. Okay, uh good, good pick, great pick. That's a really good pick, Brandon, thanks man for my number two pick.
Speaker 2: Man, do it, just do it.
Speaker 1: I really got to get a Taylor song on here.
Speaker 3: Yeah you should, but I know what you're gonna do. Now talk about Taylor for thirty minutes. And then pick someone else that I'm about it.
Speaker 4: It's still his song.
Speaker 2: With Taylor.
Speaker 1: The Red album, for sure was her last album before she went country or went pop. But again, like our song, did that cross over or did it just get way awesome later to everybody?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like she was winning awards, not in the country realm with all those wouldn't she was she winn like American Music Awards and all kinds, not in the country division with those songs.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna go Blessed a Broken Road, Rascal Flas.
Speaker 3: See this guy. Wow, you're never gonna pick a tailored song. I know you. That's a good one. It's a real good one.
Speaker 1: Because that one crossed over?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Was that their crossover?
Speaker 1: They Yeah, I'm not telling you anything else because they had, because I feel like they're they've got a few bigger one they've got that. That was my uh because like the song from Cards was never supposed to be a single.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but but it was big.
Speaker 2: It's for sure big.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I thought in my head of those two and I went with Blessed to Broken Road because it wasn't a cover. But it doesn't matter to people.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. But I didn't think about that.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just thinking about AI. What's a I want?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: You're a AI?
Speaker 3: What does a I want? Here? All right?
Speaker 2: You have Taylor Swift?
Speaker 3: Mean, yeah, I feel like I need another Taylor song.
Speaker 2: If you go Taylor, you might win it. Have you ever won ever?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I've won one.
Speaker 1: No, I don't even think you'd want to vote.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh, well this is I'm definitely gonna win one here. So let's go with a Willie Nelson song. It was a duet. It's Willie and Julio Iglesias with all the girls I've loved before.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, strong, that's a huge crossover hit.
Speaker 4: What year was that?
Speaker 3: I don't know, dude.
Speaker 2: Halloween one year we win?
Speaker 1: Is that? And we of course match our races, and so.
Speaker 2: I was Julio. Okay, yeah, we race match.
Speaker 1: Everybody relaxed, and I was Willy and he was Julio and we did natural.
Speaker 3: Halloween was great. Did we even sing? Did we sing a song?
Speaker 1: Nobody really wanted us to to able to guess though probably not. Yes, Because I had a red bandana on in a long break, I think you could tell that I was Willie and it just was like it just was like Willy and his Mexican buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then it if you knew who you.
Speaker 4: Knew, Okay, okay, you get it. It's like inside big time.
Speaker 1: If you knew knew, you thought it was a great costume. If you didn't, you were just like, what's the guy dressed up like a girl for with the pigtails?
Speaker 2: With the Mexican guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like the year I maybe two years after that, I went as Benny the Jet Rodriguez, you know, from the Sandlot.
Speaker 1: I also went as Squints, Yes.
Speaker 3: I know, and everyone thought I was cheap from born in the East, LA.
Speaker 1: And everyone at kept asking me, are you yourself as a kid. It was the same crap because no one really got us. Okay, great one, Brandon over to you.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm gonna have to go with a Taylor Swift monster.
Speaker 1: Switch it up, honest and don't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, do that.
Speaker 4: It's Reba mc notes Taylor Swift love story.
Speaker 1: I don't know on Taylor songs what I mean. That's why I'm saying that's a great song, and probably rely was.
Speaker 3: I really think we can do so many Taylor.
Speaker 1: Songs right this one though, Are you sure it crossed over?
Speaker 4: Yeah? It might have been one of the biggest crossovers.
Speaker 6: Okay, hang tight, The Bobby Cast will be right back, and we're back on the Bobby Cast.
Speaker 1: I have Kenny and Dollie, Islands in the Stream, a Rascal Flats, Blessed the Broken Road, So let's think about Taylor.
Speaker 3: Don't do that every time.
Speaker 1: But really, qick one, I'm gonna be really risky with this one, okay, because I feel like this is massive risk but humongous reward. Wasn't alive when this song did its think? Also, wasn't a live for Islands in the Stream.
Speaker 3: I don't think we might have been. I feel like that was was that early ladies, maybe seventies.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go, gosh, don't do it with the native from where I'm from, Johnny Cash. Oh, okay, because there's a reason he's in both the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Yeah, it's because dude did songs that everybody loved, and so.
Speaker 3: Could you pick all of his songs to be crossovers?
Speaker 2: It's kind of like the tail Swift thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know I feel like you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go Johnny Cash, ring a Fire.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: My assumption is that that song was played everywhere.
Speaker 4: What's the rule?
Speaker 3: That is the rule that it had to be played on pop radio? But I mean, like back then, what was pop radio? Was it everything?
Speaker 2: It was top forty?
Speaker 3: Okay, So so we should look at what nineteen's whatever, Ring of Fire, what every year that was and see if it played in the.
Speaker 1: Top Well, hey, I was gonna tell us because Mike's gonna type in.
Speaker 5: I have an answer for you right now.
Speaker 3: If you want it?
Speaker 1: Do we want it?
Speaker 2: Do we want it?
Speaker 1: Cause I can't pull back, and if it's bad, I'd rather.
Speaker 2: Or not know right now.
Speaker 1: And so so it doesn't qualify as a poop no, No, it just won't get radied high by AI.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's fair. I like that, yeah, because we can ask the question. I like that.
Speaker 1: Gosh, we're debating best country crossover hits into pop based on their country success and their success on the top forty charts.
Speaker 3: I would bet Ring a Fire was on the top forty charts. I would bet, I hope.
Speaker 1: So, but I don't know, no, because it wasn't there.
Speaker 3: I would think, so, okay, Eddie, man, I thought you were gonna go with this. I thought you were gonna go with uh until it was until you said where I come from, like from my from Arkansas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you're gonna go with Dolly.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a great one.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna go a great one Dolly part. And I even think they did a movie from this, thinking going give.
Speaker 2: Me Dolly nine to five. That's a great pick.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: And I would have double dollied if I'd have thought of that, Yeah, of course, because like because I say, never go double Dolly, but go double Yeah, to go double doll Oh, what a great pick because that was I would assume a number one song on the pop charts, and for sure country charge yea yea yeah yeah. And that at the beginning is her doing her fingernails.
Speaker 2: Yeah on the microphone.
Speaker 1: She's doing it. I always thought it was a typewriter way, and I think that's what it's supposed to sound, right, Yeah, crazy like wish like she's working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she told us it was her fingernails.
Speaker 3: She said that.
Speaker 4: Mind blown.
Speaker 3: She's like, I used my fingernails on the mic. Is that your Dolly impression was it was like that I didn't work.
Speaker 1: Dude, that is possibly your best one and could have gone in the first round.
Speaker 3: Let's go, baby.
Speaker 1: You have seen the Nuns podcast yet where they're just gassing each other out.
Speaker 4: You've told me I told us about that.
Speaker 1: That's what I felt like whenever I was doing I was like, man, that's the that's the greatest answer ever.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I sure wish I would have picked that, but I didn't deserve to pick that.
Speaker 4: You're you're so good at drafting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you so long to get such a good pick.
Speaker 3: You are too.
Speaker 2: I'm surrounded by the best.
Speaker 1: Man, Brandon. You have faith, He'll breathe.
Speaker 2: Lady, I need you now.
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift love story. You have one more pick here and your best country crossover hits into pop.
Speaker 2: What are you thinking?
Speaker 4: My mind is so clouded, I can't really think back, So don't hate me for this. I know you're an Ella fella, but choosing Texas from Ella Langley.
Speaker 3: Wow, that just happened yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have thought about that because it was so recent, but it was a number one Billboard song for a while long time.
Speaker 2: So that's a good pick.
Speaker 1: I hope that our ais aren't updated. Hope like that version from Ella six months ago, it's I didn't get up.
Speaker 2: It's like the GPS that doesn't know. Yeah, yeah, the street was there. That's a good one.
Speaker 4: Thanks man.
Speaker 1: Interesting, oh interesting, because you don't like it, say more, it might be too new.
Speaker 4: It wasn't my favorite pick.
Speaker 3: I'm just you went blank.
Speaker 1: It's data though, no, it's not blank. I agree. I think it's a great pick because it was a number. It was number one on both charts.
Speaker 3: But the picker is even like doubting if it was a great pick.
Speaker 4: Because it was doubting. I think it was a great pick. I'm disappointed that I couldn't think of you know, like Islands in the Stream. That's that's a classic, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's just yeah, yeah, I mean Ella, just that just happened. So to me, it's like, all right, let's see if AI registers it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm Kenny and Dallie. Island in the Stream, Ella, Who radcal Flats, Bless the Broken Road, Johnny Cash, Ring a Fire. If I were going to talk THROUGHSS over songs, because I would always get a little irritated too, because I've been in Nashville for twenty thirteen. Yeah, so that would be thirteen years, that's right. And so when a song would blow up with an R format and then would cross over and people would go like, oh, we've discovered this song, and we're like, we've had that song for a year and a half. I can't you know, a little territorial.
Speaker 3: Just rubs you the wrong way.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm trying to think of the songs that kind of pissed me off when they would go they'd cross over.
Speaker 4: I just thought, I just thought of a monster.
Speaker 3: Are you done? He's done?
Speaker 4: Done? I can then I can't.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't even take any hints we can, but like, I'm not picking this song because it.
Speaker 3: Why then go with Taylor dude?
Speaker 1: Well, hold on a song like a sam Hunt body, like a back Road did, like a mid success crossover.
Speaker 4: That's a good example.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, And I remember people.
Speaker 1: Be like this sam Hunt guy brand New, he's so good, and I'm like, shut up, he's been.
Speaker 3: Over here for four years loving the back of the track.
Speaker 1: So my mind goes. Let me think of all those songs that made me mad, and I think there's only been three or four big ones since we've been here in thirteen or fourteen years, most recently Ella Langley choosing Texas right, and even Morgan Wallen as big as he is, I don't think he's had a Billboard number one.
Speaker 3: I don't think so either.
Speaker 4: And can can you gravitate toward one song like that song was? Was the one with Morgan Wallen?
Speaker 1: You know, I think he may have had a top five And I'm not sure which one because they all kind of sound the same. And yeah, I don't know. I'm gonna go, man, this is such a stupid pick.
Speaker 5: Why, like you say, he does have number one on Billboard?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm okay on that hot one hundred.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Then why was his producer Charlie Hansom talking about he wants him to get a number one song finally on the pop chart?
Speaker 4: How long ago did you have Charlie on?
Speaker 1: No, this was an article like last week. Oh, Charlie Hansom was talking with I think the country used to call the fame and he's like, my goal is to get Morgan Wallen and number one song in the pop wart. We're gonna do more pop stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe, I mean, I know he had number one on the like digital. Yah was the was it the hot one hunt?
Speaker 2: It doesn't like you know what, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it was.
Speaker 5: And in the end he was saying, with no features?
Speaker 2: Is that what it is?
Speaker 5: Number one is their features?
Speaker 3: Oh I help post post malon Okay?
Speaker 1: Was that a Morgan or Post song?
Speaker 5: That was a post post song?
Speaker 1: So that doesn't even really count as a Morgan number one?
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: But he produced that four post mall and he produces Morgan Wallen, So yeah, so Morgan Wallen maybe doesn't have a number one that's his own song.
Speaker 5: According to Charlie Hansom, yeah, he wants them to have a number one song with no features.
Speaker 3: Dude, I can think of two monsters.
Speaker 1: I can think of a monster right now that was right before we got here, Then do it?
Speaker 2: I just don't know.
Speaker 4: I wish I could go back in time.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 4: I truly wish I could, because this one is the number one song.
Speaker 2: Ever, yeah, I think I have that one to cross over. I think I have. I think so, Like dude liked no question.
Speaker 1: Well, now I'm playing the game in my head of just trying to identify what you guys are talking about. Did Michael Jackson ever do a country record.
Speaker 2: El Elvis?
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't think about it.
Speaker 4: Oh, don't give him.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought Elvis when we talked about people in the country and rock, Hall of Fames and gospel, because he's in all those.
Speaker 3: But can I remind you you have not picked Taylor it.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm just not sure enough of what her crossovers were, but take your pick. So you have one that's really good.
Speaker 3: Really good, and I even have a backup that is a minus.
Speaker 1: So I want can I just talk it out a little bit and you may steal one to them, and I don't care. You can just steal one of them. Fgl and Nelly when they did Cruise, that was legit.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Cruise a crossover, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and without Nelly, well, they when they went pop, they put Nell, so it would be would be Cruise.
Speaker 2: Florida Georgia line.
Speaker 3: That's not what I was thinking.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's a really good one.
Speaker 2: But that's good. Oh, but you're talking down to me right now.
Speaker 3: I don't like it. Now that have like the perfect bet in my pocket right now.
Speaker 1: There's also the Nelly tim McGrath song was a Nelly.
Speaker 3: Song over and over and all the am I head that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was an amazing song.
Speaker 4: Yeah go with that one.
Speaker 2: But that's not a country to pop.
Speaker 3: Yeah you should pick that one.
Speaker 1: And if we go back to the eighties and nineties, like Garth didn't really cross so I mean, yeah, he had songs to end up hitting the chart, but I'm gonna go Lone starmized.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's it.
Speaker 4: Even think of that one.
Speaker 3: You had it the whole time, you had, No, you had I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't have it the whole time year. I didn't have it the whole time.
Speaker 1: But when I started going because I I've recorded a whole series on nineties country and I did ten episodes on every single year. And I went back in as I was doing guards and I thought about Lone Star amazed. Is that what you're thinking?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the home run. And then I look at my stupid list and I have Taylors with mean as a number one. That's crazy, like all three of us.
Speaker 1: That Lone Star is the last minute came to me as I was talking it out.
Speaker 2: Dude, that is the biggest steal of this pick.
Speaker 5: I was thinking that that is not the one.
Speaker 1: I was still have a monster.
Speaker 4: I have a monster.
Speaker 3: I also have an a go ahead and that and that's just because you took a maze dude like that. I felt like I was sitting on gold.
Speaker 1: There you were because I didn't. I didn't have it and you just stole it.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I feel like we really messed up by not putting Shania Twin on there. Oh my god, so that's the ultimate? Is that not what you're thinking?
Speaker 1: I'm so stupid.
Speaker 3: How does he have a bigger one than Shania after amazing.
Speaker 1: The fact that I can't that I hate me.
Speaker 3: Don't know.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, Oh my.
Speaker 4: Don't talk about my friend like that.
Speaker 1: Dude, You're so right, you might win it with that one.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know. I'm gonna go with man. I feel like a woman, great one, I probably if I were. You want to go one more round? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Maybe, honorable mention.
Speaker 5: I think one more round, Mike.
Speaker 2: You got to end it because he's got he's got gold.
Speaker 5: But I think you all are sitting on one now.
Speaker 3: No, I just spent it all you have time, Eddie.
Speaker 5: Your team just got good Eddie's finally good your last two picks, but you get one more great pick.
Speaker 2: You could have a chance to win. But I can also have a throwaway pick.
Speaker 4: It might, it might come to you, dude, Let's vote, let's vote.
Speaker 1: He wants to go one more round.
Speaker 2: I no, Mike, No three? One?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Brandon, what is it?
Speaker 2: You get your chance?
Speaker 4: This came to me because you said I'm trying to think of the songs that went huge after I moved here, and you said that, and I was like, oh my god, this song is a cover by one of the greatest singers ever.
Speaker 1: I like the game. I'm trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Keep going.
Speaker 3: One of the greatest singers ever, one of the greatest.
Speaker 4: He's one of my favorite singers. He oh Stapleton, Chris Stapleton, Tennessee Whiskey.
Speaker 1: You know that's a good one. But you know you're acting like that was the King Dingling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's King, No, it's King.
Speaker 2: It's a great.
Speaker 4: Let's just wait and see what i AI says.
Speaker 2: I don't care what you guys do.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 4: Come on, claud wonder.
Speaker 1: If Tennessee Whiskey crossed over though on the pop charts. Was it ever played on pop radio? I was here, so I don't know, but you sure sold that. I thought he had the one?
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 2: What are you staring at?
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to think. Man, I'm so mad that we're going another round. It's like it's like I just hit a Grand Slam and I thought I won the game.
Speaker 4: Oh you know we came back with that.
Speaker 3: I don't think you know, with my four picks, I think could have gotten me.
Speaker 1: I don't think you would have won. Actually, I was doing you a charity favor by extending it.
Speaker 3: I know you weren't.
Speaker 1: Absolutely usually you first too. It's as good as songs as they are. They're not gonna win this, okay, but we know, you know we can delete Brandon's.
Speaker 2: Because now that you see it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think. I don't think Brandon's Tennessee whiskey is I thought it is. Even building it up here, I could be wrong, but didn't you also go.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah when he said that, that's not what I expected. Probably right go ahead, go ahead, go your fifth.
Speaker 1: Well I don't really have one yet. I'm just saying we could back off.
Speaker 3: Is that why?
Speaker 2: You I bet like three.
Speaker 1: I always have FGL and Nelly have Cruise.
Speaker 3: I know. I mean, that's the only thing I'm thinking of. But hey, can I remind you you haven't, don Taylor.
Speaker 4: That's a good point, guys, if you want to, if you want to back off, we can back off.
Speaker 3: No. No, we're here already. No, we're already hit the road. Might as well finish the race.
Speaker 4: Hang tight.
Speaker 6: The Bobby Cast will be right back, and we're back on the Bobby Cast.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: I'm not cheating.
Speaker 3: I'm not cheating, I know, and I'm just saying I'm not cheating.
Speaker 2: Heart.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just saying I'm not cheating by what I'm about to do.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Well? I thought you were referring to a song.
Speaker 3: No, that's not it. Did somebody put the wrong name of the song? No?
Speaker 1: No, that cold move for sure.
Speaker 3: Oh you're not. Oh you want to pick another? Uh? I got you, I got you. I know where you're going. And that's pretty solid, so like really solid.
Speaker 2: I kind of did that right?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't. I could do that when mine you.
Speaker 2: Could And it's obvious obviously, and it's.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what you do it.
Speaker 2: I'll do it.
Speaker 1: Hm, you're gonna say the person is one?
Speaker 4: It's I was thinking what you were thinking?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Gambler? Yeah wait no, I.
Speaker 3: Was thinking Dolly never mind, I was thinking the Gambler.
Speaker 1: I was thinking Shanaia. Just different songs, So like, from this moment, from this.
Speaker 3: Moment or I don't think that was it? I mean, yeah I could. It counts for sure, but.
Speaker 1: Man, I felt like a woman from this moment. Uh what else you got?
Speaker 4: Come on over?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, that was too country.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's too early.
Speaker 3: It's uh okay, so your brad pitt me much?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 2: Did that go bop?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You could do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna go good point.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go life is a highway.
Speaker 3: Rascal Flats, You're so stupid.
Speaker 2: I had two Rascal flats.
Speaker 3: Yeah that might hurt you, but it might be great Eddie. Man, Now I feel like I have too many options. Do I started this fifth pick with like I've got nothing. Now I'm thinking, do I go Kenny Rodgers the Gambler Massive?
Speaker 1: They made a television show after the song. Yeah, that rarely happened.
Speaker 3: And then how many people when you're playing poker, like you got to the wind hold.
Speaker 1: Like it's not Minnie and I played a lot of poker for a lot of times either or ever.
Speaker 2: But I get the point.
Speaker 3: Like, anytime I'm playing poker and I try to count my chips arm in Vegas, I'm like, don't do it, Kenny Rodgers says, don't. There's plenty of time after So I'm thinking, Kenny, I'm thinking I can go Willy again, almost your strategy with Willy on the Road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought on the Road again massive written for a movie on a napkin on an.
Speaker 3: An airplane from the movie directors like I want to make the movie.
Speaker 1: That's on the Road Again was a massive pop song. Yeah, and that was Dolly's Fingernails.
Speaker 2: Every rhythm in every country song is Dolly's.
Speaker 3: Fail Dolly, I need your fingernails. Those are kind of my two Cruise.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that's good. That's a good pick. No, no, it is a good pick. It's a good pick, but it would be cruise fgl right, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, let's go. Yeah, let's go. Because I went old school with Willy, old school with Dolly. Middle of the Road Shanaiah Taylor a little earlier, Let's go.
Speaker 2: F G L cruise.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that's a good pick. Is I almost picked it twice?
Speaker 3: Okay, I feel good about it.
Speaker 1: So, Mike, whatever the prompt is that you write into AI, would you text it to me so I can put the exact prompt into Claude and when you write it let me know what it is.
Speaker 3: They can say it out loud. What did we leave on the table?
Speaker 1: Uh? On the road again?
Speaker 3: For sure?
Speaker 1: I think she twin from this moment on? Was a massive song?
Speaker 2: Did you really want to take that one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought about it. And the country song was I think it was Brian White and then she took him off for the pop version and it was just.
Speaker 3: Him right on Trisha Yearwood for the conn Air movie.
Speaker 2: That'd be LeAnn rhymes.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, it's both of them. Yeah, they both saying it.
Speaker 3: But so with Leanne reseby Blue too, blue would have been huge?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably Blue would have been good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's the prompt that Mike sent me that I'm going to put in. Can you rank who has the best team? In the debate of best country crossover hits into pop Charts ranked them three to one. Who has the best overall that saw success on pop charts with the position they hit on the pop top forty in Billboard Hot one hundred.
Speaker 3: Okay, and then you have the whole all the picks.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna do Clode.
Speaker 4: I have one that I couldn't figure out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I gotta take a picture of this.
Speaker 1: I'll take a picture of the screen and then put the prompt in.
Speaker 2: What was it right now?
Speaker 4: Uh? Act naturally?
Speaker 2: The Beatles a country.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so we go, Oh, we do a cover one sometime, but that wouldn't be thrown on a surprise my greatest covers all the time, So go ahead.
Speaker 4: Sorry, it's just act naturally from the Beatles, like I know that it was. It was one of their biggest songs on all charts.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what do we need to put into this.
Speaker 1: Country charts and pop charts or do you think that's just understood?
Speaker 5: I think that's understood.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have what I got here, all right, I'm gonna hit come on, I'm gonna hit sin. I took the picture.
Speaker 3: I need this.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna look at it. Hold on, let me make sure it's going. Thinking I think it's going to be you, Eddie, all right, I saw I'll read the teams out again before we go here. Hold on, Clotde still thinking is a hard one for Claude's struggling with Claude.
Speaker 3: Clode's like, I can't got this, claw can't decide, all.
Speaker 1: Right, compiling country crossover, searching the web. Okay, I'll come back to it. Third place, Mike, what's this one?
Speaker 2: This is chat GBT? What's great?
Speaker 1: Is this going to tell us all all the song chart position? Third place? Eddie Mean didn't reach Pop top forty.
Speaker 3: Wow, that was just okay, top forty, Billboard Hall one hundred, but Billboard one, okay, eleven? All right?
Speaker 1: Willie Nelson didn't reach Pop top forty, Billboard Hot one, number five. Dolly Parton at number one, number one. That was an excellent pig. Nine to five, that's when you got back in the game. We told you that you just now fielded a team. Shania Twain, man, I felt like a woman. Number twenty three, wow, Cruisin.
Speaker 4: Nelly four both, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: The strength for you are nine to five and cruise.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: You're picking there weaknesses. Mean wasn't really a pop hit and Willie Julio was more of an adult contemporary than mainstream pop. Okay, so Eddie in third place on this is only one.
Speaker 4: By the way, I feel like after after seeing this, I feel like I'm gonna be second place.
Speaker 2: So you know what we should do.
Speaker 1: We never really came up with the rules for the scoring system last time I won because I said two first places. You just want to have the lowest score, so a boy adding them all together. Okay, all right, so you have three points there, Eddie, but you want to have the It's like golf.
Speaker 3: Got it at the end.
Speaker 2: You want to have a lower score.
Speaker 3: Got it? All right? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Number two? Oh crap, Wow, look at that.
Speaker 1: Brandon Bobby's team had the most Everyone in America knew this song Energy Kenny and Dolly number one, number one, Rascal Flats Blessed the Broken Road twenty nine to twenty nine. Wow, Johnny Cash, Ring and Fire did not reach pop top forty.
Speaker 3: Dang, look at that, dude, look at amazed.
Speaker 1: On Star Maze number one, Rascal Flat's Life is a Highway number eighteen.
Speaker 2: Weakness.
Speaker 1: This Ring of Fire feels more like an all time classic than a crossover pop hit, and Blessed Broken Road wasn't huge on pop. Maybe I missed that.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought it crossed over.
Speaker 1: Okay, first place, Brandon faith Hill. Oh look at all his low numbers.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, Brandon, you dominated.
Speaker 1: One two on faith Hill, lady a Need You Now? Number two, number two, Taylor Swift Love Story number one, and number four.
Speaker 2: Ella Langley won one day.
Speaker 3: Hey, and I laughed at you. I said, interesting.
Speaker 1: And Chris Stapleton thirty three and twenty.
Speaker 2: Look at that and we both are like, wow.
Speaker 1: Well that was his weakest one, I think, And that's the one. I think he was the most bullish on Crazy.
Speaker 3: That is wild.
Speaker 1: Good job, Brandon, Thank you so Brandon one, me too, Eddie? Three?
Speaker 4: How did Need You Now? Not go number one on country radio?
Speaker 2: This is? Is this pop?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The first one's pop top forty? Oh sorry sorry, yeah, I go.
Speaker 1: So these are all country massive hits. We're just now going based on what they were on country.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, what do they do on pop?
Speaker 3: Gotcha? All right?
Speaker 2: Next up?
Speaker 1: Okay, So Brandon nailed it. Anny got a A, I got to a minus, and Eddie got a B plus. We all pass I think chag gpt just doesn't want to be turned off.
Speaker 2: That's pretty high grade.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's go over to and this is gonna be Gemini.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Gemini is having an issue.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll go to Claude.
Speaker 4: Gym.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 1: Here's the pop chart draft grated on actual hot water performance. And there's a twist waiting for you in Brandon's list. Why are they doing twists in mind?
Speaker 3: All right, let's stop playing games.
Speaker 1: Let's just do this, it says brand It's not giving me an Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Third place first, Brandon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Brandon just gets the first place. It didn't do third place first?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, so well, hold on, so Brandon, same thing, faith Hill number two, Taylor lady A number two, taps with four La Langley one.
Speaker 2: Christable to twenty.
Speaker 1: It's basically the same data where he's in data points. So it's the same data. So I finished second and Eddie's was third. I wonder what the twist is.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, the fun twist.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see Brandon says he's not just winning. Oh here's the order, three to one, Eddie solid A number one in Dolly. But man, I felt like a woman only cracked thirty five. It's a team with the best floor but no real ceilings. Stand out Bobby anchored by an All American All timer with islands in the stream, but blessed the broken roads. Stalling drags it down. They give it like a fantasy team with one MVP and a bunch of solid role players. Rude, Okay, Brandon, He's not just winning. He's winning right now. Ella Langley's choosing Texas. Isn't some old catalog hit. It's parked at number one on the all Genre Hot one hundreds. We speak, brands got the best team, and he's still got a song climbing while everyone else is playing with history. Okay, Brandon's worst pick of Stapleton. But where's the twist? Is Brandon a woman?
Speaker 2: Know that he's still climbing?
Speaker 1: Maybe Brandon's not a ghost. It's always something like Brandon not really here? Is he?
Speaker 2: AI?
Speaker 1: Is that the twist?
Speaker 2: His name is not Brandon? I can't believe I won. Okay, Mike, show.
Speaker 3: Me Gemini's hey shocking.
Speaker 2: Eddie last third place.
Speaker 1: Bobby started out strong, second place, Eddie in first place.
Speaker 2: Brandon the winner. He didn't just draft a great country.
Speaker 4: Shut up, no, no, read it? What does this say?
Speaker 1: He has two songs that hit number one pop Top four stories and yeah.
Speaker 3: They're like even Tennessee Whiskey was really good pick.
Speaker 1: Even with Tennessee Whiskey acting as a weaker radio crossover. Brandon's Top four are historically unmatched and pop chart performance. So we head to the last round just to get him to come down to our level. Yes, yeah, so my total score was three five seven.
Speaker 2: Eddie's was three three two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's eight.
Speaker 1: So he finished third place overall, I'm second, Brandon, You're the winner.
Speaker 3: Good job Brandon, Thanks guys, proud of you.
Speaker 1: Ella Langley was a good pick. Thanks Man and Eddie.
Speaker 3: Judge you I did? He did?
Speaker 4: Oh interesting?
Speaker 2: Hey never heard of her? Good one? That's fun?
Speaker 4: That was really funny.
Speaker 3: Great at this game?
Speaker 4: Great?
Speaker 2: How do I get better at this game?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: How can I go home and study?
Speaker 1: You can't because we don't know what's going to be asked. Otherwise I wouldn't have picked God Blessed.
Speaker 3: The Broken Road.
Speaker 4: God dang.
Speaker 1: So if anybody's ever liked you, guys are getting fed these answers.
Speaker 2: I picked one that didn't even make a chart.
Speaker 3: Can I ask one question before we leave, what what would have been the best tailor song?
Speaker 1: Oh, we can just ask ask h Chat. Of all Taylor Swips crossovers, what was our biggest?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because like yours was love Story.
Speaker 4: Yeah there was one though that was my guitar, not that one.
Speaker 3: It was I wear a short shirts, you wear a T shirt that one and you belong to me?
Speaker 4: That was that was huge. It's thinking also like I feel like with a I, if you took the charts out of it, right, like culturally impactful.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's being nice.
Speaker 3: Now like I think you guys would have won listen to him.
Speaker 2: Because he's actually a I.
Speaker 1: So now he's trying to convince us he's not your drafts or you belong with me. Whoever said that, good job, you said that you belong with me.
Speaker 2: We're trying to champea.
Speaker 1: Brandon Gpt nailed that one to Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: Yeah maybe.
Speaker 1: We you know, put in some pray well, but we don't know what it's going to be.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I feel like we can talk numbers all day, but like Brandon, no, this this is what I was thinking when we were doing it. It's like, oh my gosh, Johnny Cash, Ring of Fire, culturally impactful record sales. You know you could you could go off of that too.
Speaker 3: But we're doing crossover, and crossover is mainly these charts, right, Like, that's really what a crossover is.
Speaker 1: I think it was a great exercise in Brandon kicking our butts.
Speaker 2: And dude, take it, you kicked our butts.
Speaker 1: And secondly Eddie's sucking again. And then every time climbs off one before and never has one.
Speaker 3: Are you sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's I don't you can't study because we don't know what's going to be.
Speaker 3: I just need to get better at this game.
Speaker 1: And you're really intelligent when it comes to music.
Speaker 4: You know you know what would make it better. Brandon, take what take your favorites out of it.
Speaker 1: Those aren't all my favorites who you were for Halloween.
Speaker 4: So let's the personal bias here that game. Every game you you lean toward your favorite. I would do the same.
Speaker 1: But he's like someone of the golf courses giving you sweet tips when you never asked for them.
Speaker 2: I slice the ball, keep your elbowing.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: Listen here, sweetheart, Alright, we've all been there.
Speaker 1: Good job everybody, we'll try again another time. So all right, thank you everybody for watching, and we will see you guys next time.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to the Bobby Cast. Share this episode with a friend because they don't pay to advertise us.