Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. It's our two in this Thursday, Dan and the Dan Nets. Dan Patrick Show spent a lot of time first hour talking about the Cowboys. They didn't make a move yesterday. They're keeping Mike McCarthy. Philadelphia appears to be leaning towards keeping Nick Sirianni, or at least that was the feeling that the coaching staff is looking for different coordinators here, which would mean I would think on the surface, Nick Sirianni is going to keep his jump. But that didn't stop somebody from asking one of the Philadelphia Eagles, Fletcher Cox, about their new head coach or their old head coach.
Speaker 2: Have you gotten any window what's gonna happen to Nick?
Speaker 1: And you have confidence and if you if you do, come back to confidence in him as he's.
Speaker 2: Also they could write any news about what about the Nick. I mean, there's obviously some speculation while letter he made fire ty huh yeah, just a moment ready had football coach of this team?
Speaker 3: Man, come on, man, we ain't they ain't even a discussion about Yeah, okay, I oh, I don't got understand my dad, Man, you're a clown.
Speaker 2: Bro get on say, oh, come on, no, Fletcher, you're a clown. He was.
Speaker 4: He was doing his job by asking you about this, and I get it. You can support your coach, but you don't have to say you're a clown. Diana Rossini is reporting that the Eagles GM Howie Roseman and the head coach Nick Sirianni, have been reaching out to available NFL coaches and coordinators, as well as coaching agents across the league. They're evaluating potential coordinator candidates to join the staff. Now, that could go on, and it doesn't mean ownership's going to go, hey, you're coming back, Nick. It could be these guys are going about their job. This is what they're supposed to do. After the season, after you lose like that, you need changes, and Nick Siriani is probably looking at making changes. So there isn't a change at the head coaching position, all right? Eight seven to seven three DP show email address DP Atdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show Peter King. He'll join us coming up here in a little bit. We'll talk about what the Cowboys didn't do. What the Eagles might do. Is the charger job Jim Harballs to turn down and is Bill Belichick going to be the next head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. The Raiders look like Antonio Pierce will be their guy. Who wants Washington and who wants the Carolina job. So Pete will join us coming up.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 4: If you're watching on Peacock that's our streaming partner. Download the app if you haven't done so. And poll question for hour two is going to be what seedn O'Connor?
Speaker 5: Well, we could change it up to the worst offense one can commit in sports?
Speaker 4: Ooh, okay, miss, this happened last night Texas Longhorns.
Speaker 2: They were not happy they lost a game.
Speaker 5: Well, if I can ask you the question again, where's defense one can commit in sports?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: Is it cheating, gambling or fixing the game? Or is it doing the horns down gesture? If you were able to pick up those three things, I.
Speaker 4: Would say horns down? Clearly, Yeah, obviously, clearly. Here is the Texas head coach after a loss to Central Florida where the players were doing the horns down. Here's Rodney Terry.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm a.
Speaker 3: Big believer, and you know you win the right way, you lose the right way, and you know, I always tell my guys, you know, whether you win or lose, you win the right way. You lose the right way, you carry yourself the right way. You don't go through the handshake line of proud to get into the handshake line and have about six or seven guys putting the horse down. We don't do that, you know. So that's what I was angry about. And I was letting those guys.
Speaker 2: Know, you don't do that.
Speaker 3: You know, you guys want hey, we shake, you know, shake your hand tip. I had to you, but we're not gonna let you act that way and out building. You're not gonna do that. You're not gonna put your horns down and do all that nonsense.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you can't do horns down, then don't do horns up. Okay, let's be fair, because now I'm all for freedom to horn, you know, if you want to go up or you want to go down. But the fact that they had to put this language into the Big twelve, that is saying to teams you can't do horns down, well, then don't do horns up like you're rubbing it in. When you do horns up, they're rubbing it in. Yeah, they're not giving you the middle finger like you get a taunting penalty is what you're going to get if you do horns down? So in game, in game, I don't know about after the game. All bets are off there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely appreciate going through the handshake line and not doing hornsdown. But even in that sound bitdies like you know you're going through the handshake lip well or just prior to the handshake line, like now you can't even do it walking to or from the handshake line because Texas is going.
Speaker 2: To get upset.
Speaker 4: Good it Is there any other gesture that's written into the rules of a conference here?
Speaker 2: Is there anything else you're not allowed to do because.
Speaker 5: You know I have news for Texas when they joined the SEC exactly.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't think horns down is what you have to worry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure Georgia fans are gonna be accommodating. My bad. My bad didn't mean to do the horns down.
Speaker 8: In the SEC. They're gonna buy a steer, pull them upside down. With horns down. They're not just gonna put the little fingers down. They go big. I think you guys are overlooking the long historical rivalry that is Texas basketball versus UCF basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the layer.
Speaker 8: You know what, you can almost agree with the coach in theory, the head coach of Texas, Rodney Terry, that, yeah, those players probably shouldn't be taunting Texas as they go to the But that's on Johnny Dawkins, the head coach of UCF, to deal with and to address with his own players. You know, I don't I don't think you don't say it to him in the line, and you don't say it in the press conference. Maybe you pulled Johnny Dawkins aside and say, hey guys, hey man, that was.
Speaker 4: But they weren't walking by them doing No, it was mulunched down. It was in the group celebrating if they were doing it, and then they were like nice nice game, nice game, nice game. But if it's like they were shaking the hands of the Texas players, but they were shaking it with the horns two fingers here, like you know, the.
Speaker 8: Good news is that team's going forward they face Texas.
Speaker 4: There, no nobody would think of doing that. Uh, what else do you have? Poll question was, wait, he shook my hand with a there's a Horne.
Speaker 2: Okay, that good luck, good luck to you.
Speaker 5: Better not be so sensitive. Yeah, next year, we had up there. Next season, the Cowboys will get better or worse. Right now, eighty six percent of the audience, this might be recency biased, said that they're getting worse.
Speaker 2: You know what, it'll probably be the same.
Speaker 4: You know, they win twelve games and then they lose in the first or second round.
Speaker 5: I mean technically, I like this person pointed out on Twitter, eleven and six would technically be worse.
Speaker 2: But it's still pretty good.
Speaker 4: Okay, But if you were eleven and six and then you went to the conference championship, then it's better there. All right, we'll talk to Peter King about what the Cowboys didn't do. No word on the Eagles right now, and of course the chart we had Albert Breer the Monday morning quarterback. He joined us and he said he thinks the Charger's job is Jim Harbaughs to turn down, and the Falcons job is Bill Belichick's if he wants it. And then you have the other teams, you know, Washington with a startup rebuild and certainly Carolina as well. And that's where are you going to get Mike is Mike Vrabel going to be a coach who takes over Carolina. I mean, at some point there's only going to be two jobs available, and Mike Rabel is going to be one of the candidates for those two jobs. It feels like that's Washington and that might be the place, but Carolina or Washington for Mike Vrabel. And when he got fired, what was the response, Oh, he could get a job tomorrow. Okay, it's like Mike McCarthy, Oh, if he gets fired, he'll get a job tomorrow, which I went, no, I don't think. So he doesn't bring twelve wins to Carolina. He doesn't bring twelve wins to Washington. They did win twelve games in Dallas. Well, those rosters are dead. It's not like you go, hey, you plug in Mike McCarthy, you're getting twelve wins. No, that's not the case. But I think there's if we're pointing fingers, you can't point all the fingers at Mike McCarthy. It wasn't clock management in the loss to Green Bay. Now you can say they weren't prepared, and it felt like they weren't prepared. Green Bay had a better game plan and Dallas seems surprised by that game plan. All right, poll question for an hour two seat and anything else that you're pondering here.
Speaker 5: Well, we have a lot of Dallas Mike McCarthy poll questions. Okay, Well, Jerry Jones regret keeping Mike McCarthy, Ay, yes or no, that's tough to say.
Speaker 4: See Jerry, his coaches become his friend and they probably have beers in nachos every Friday. And Jason Garrett was a friend, probably beauted him as his sun.
Speaker 2: Sometimes.
Speaker 4: You know, it's you can't hire somebody you can't fire. That's really just a you know, a standard work philosophy. If you're running a successful business, you can't hire somebody where you go, I can't fire him. Yeah, you can because it's a bottom line business. And while their bottom line is, you know whatever, ten billion dollar company here, you're still not winning. You if they won, do you think how successful they become And they don't even win, they don't win anything that's power. Imagine if they win a championship. All right, couple of phone calls here Michael and Indiana. Hey Mike, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Hey? Dan?
Speaker 10: Five to eleven? A medium rare one eight. Okay, I just wanted to followup on the whole horns down thing. You know, I think if you're a Texas fan at this point, you should just expect it, right, people are gonna do it. I think Texas fans may be one of the softest fan bases out there, and wanted to get your opinion on, you know, if Texas is the top softest fan base, even though everyone in Texas is apparently super tough. But who else what other fan base is out there across all sports or maybe categorize?
Speaker 4: Okay, I didn't think i'd be talking about softest franchises, yes, point, I don't think I.
Speaker 8: Would use the words soft as much as touchy, sensitive, sensitive or touchy.
Speaker 2: Fan bas Yeah.
Speaker 8: You know, we do this for a living, and when we poke a fan base there's some that react and react with anger. I would throw out Ohio State football fans no matter what you say about them. It sometimes can't. It doesn't work, even if it's some type of compliment and I have nothing else what has it? But I've noticed that in our reactions when we do stuff on the show, there's one I'll throw it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't have a bias with any of these fan bases. I truly don't you know. I'm not in the growing up in Ohio. I understand, you know, when you talk bad about the Buckeyes and people want to come after you.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: But my job is not to placate people. It's to give you an opinion. And Texas I didn't grow up in the environment. But it's like, okay, don't give me horns up. If they can't give you horns down and you had a bad night, now you're going to say to the head coach of Central Florida, guys, let's not do that. We're better than that. Okay, fine, I'm gonna leave it with the two parties there. But you know they're doing it because they want to get to you. And then you let them get to you, and then they're going to continue to do it. And if you think you played big boy football in the Big twelve, now you go to the SEC. Get ready is there it's gonna happen. I wouldn't be I wouldn't be as sensitive. You know, when you when you're facing LSU at night, I'm gonna guess you're gonna get down there in Baton Rouge. Just guessing, just guessing you're gonna get a little bit of that. Dug in North Carolina. Hi, Doug, what's on your mind?
Speaker 11: Private jets are on my mind this morning, Darren. Yesterday you said on the program that you've heard that Jim Harball may be asking for stuff that is not football related. And one of the things that I think it may be is jet travel. In his current Michigan contract, he gets somewhere in the neighborhood of thirty or forty hours on the team's private jet for personal use. They have a jet for him to do recruiting, and I don't know how how does Mike Tomlin or an NFL coach travel for personal use. Do they have private jets or the flying first class? I think giving up a private jet would be really hard to part with.
Speaker 2: Well, but they're recruiting.
Speaker 4: Mike Tomlin's not getting on a plane in the off season and flying around to recruits, whereas Jim Harbaugh is. It gets a necessity that you can get from point A to point B and do it on your own time instead of you know, waiting in the line, you know, at hurts to get a rental car or you know, getting on a plane Jet Blue. It's just doesn't make sense. You know, Lincoln Riley got that when he went to US. See, there are a lot of coaches who have that. There's always going to be a plane available to you, whether it's the school or it's a billionaire. You know, the billionaire is going to want to go with you, and he's going to want to see what you're doing and talk to the coach and you can use my playing.
Speaker 2: He wants access there.
Speaker 4: But I don't think that's a reason why Jim Harbaugh is going to stay at Michigan or not stay at Michigan because of the private jet. He's going to have access to that, But you're not flying around recruiting kids where I need to be there Friday night and come back on Saturday. And this is in the off season. Hey I got to go see you know this family, this kid. It's just not how it works. Let's see, So Peter King will join us coming up here rough week for Alabama. By the way, the transfer portal NIOL that used to be their friend, certainly the transfer portal, but not the case anymore. There are some players who aren't going to stay around to see what kind of coach Kaitlin Debor is. So this is it's been eight days, eight days, and Saban is still around the program. But you have players, and these are big time players, and they are in the transfer portal. You're also getting this there's negotiations going on. Hey I'll stay, they want a better deal if not. And let's face it, you know you went there for Nick Saban, You're playing for Nick Saban. You're going to play in big games. It's not a foregone conclusion that Alabama stays Alabama because you have seen programs die decay when they don't have that coach that they once had. And I think that's something that Alabama is going to realize. Used to be, Alabama decided who they wanted. Like UCLA basketball back in the sixties and seventies, they decided if they wanted you, you're trying to recruit them, Hey what about me? Kentucky? It felt like Kentucky got whoever they wanted. There's certain schools and then all of a sudden, you lose a little bit of that luster, or you're not winning, or your coach decides to leave or in this case retires, then it's different. These kids were going there to play for Nick Saban. You're going to Georgia, you play for Kirby Smart. Yes, Marv, It's.
Speaker 12: Kind of like Florida when Irbi Meyer was there. I was like, look if he had stayed there. Yeah, they probably run off a Sabin like run because they were on fire.
Speaker 4: Let's see, this is from Ian Rapaport. Bill Belichick will have a second interview with the Atlanta Falcons this weekend. It'll be uh, let's see, things are ramping up with the greatest coach.
Speaker 2: Of all time. So that's Ian Rappaport.
Speaker 4: I think all signs lead towards Atlanta, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bill Belichick is by this time next week is the head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. All right, take a break. We'll get Peter King's thoughts on this. We're back after this in The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up, everybody.
Speaker 13: It's me three time Pro bowler LeVar Arrington, and I couldn't be more excited to announce a podcast called Up on Game?
Speaker 2: What is up on Game?
Speaker 13: You assd along with my fellow pro bowler TJ. Hutschman, Zada and Super Bowl champion. Yup, that's right, Plexico Burus. You can only name a show with that type of talent on it. Up on Game We're going to be sharing our real life experiences loaded with teachable moments. Listen to Up on Game with me LeVar Arrington, TJ. Huschman, Zada, and Plexico Burds on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcast problem.
Speaker 4: We'll get some more phone calls coming up. He's Peter King, the great columnist Football Morning in America and contributor to a Football Night in America. All right, Pete, let me start with the news here. Ian Rappaport saying Bill Belichick's got a second interview with the Atlanta Falcons. Do you think this is maybe a foregone conclusion that's the best place for Belichick?
Speaker 14: I don't know, Dan, I mean, you tell me, you tell me now, whether if you were Jeffrey Lurry and Howie Roseman right now, you tell me who do you want to coach your team next year? I mean, I understand that it's crazy to fire a coach eleven and a half months after he had his.
Speaker 7: Team in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 14: I get it, but you saw what happened to the Eagles. You listen to Jalen Hurtz after the game, which he gave probably the most lukewarm milk toast endorsement of a coach that you could possibly give, and you tell me there's not some issues there. That, plus the fact that Jalen Hurts played just laconic football at the end of the year. I don't know what to call it. I can't figure it out, but that word comes to mind. I guess if Atlanta is going to sprint out and you go out there and really try to seal up Bill Belichick, I suppose they'll get him. But Steth Wickersham had a great post on social media, I think it was yesterday where he said, remember how all these teams didn't go after Tom Brady when he was a free agent, and some of them really regret it. Dan, I'm telling you to this day, I believe the forty nine ers sincerely regret it. And you know so, I don't know what to say other than you can find all the ways to criticize Belichick the way you can find ways to criticize Tom Brady, you know, four years ago.
Speaker 7: But I mean, it's Tom Brady, it's Bill Belichick. So I don't know.
Speaker 14: I do think some teams are going to have regrets if the Falcons swoop in and sign them.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys decide to keep Mike McCarthy with Bill Belichick out there, how surprising is that to upgrade your coaching position.
Speaker 14: You know, look, if you've won thirty six regular season games in three years, I think you have a great argument to stay regardless of what happens in the postseason. But you know, Dan, look at three years in a row, how their season has ended and crashed and burned in Dallas against the forty nine ers two years ago, when Dak and McCarthy screwed up the clock at the end of the game, it crashed and burned in an ugly loss at San Francisco which they couldn't do anything on offense. And then, you know, look at what happened in San Francisco this year.
Speaker 7: They lose forty two to ten.
Speaker 14: So you win twelve games, But does anybody really feel at the end of this season, however, you feel about how they were just absolutely manhandled by the seventh seed in the NFC.
Speaker 7: Whatever you feel. Does anybody feel they're close to the forty nine ers? I don't, so I don't know.
Speaker 14: To me, I thought Jerry Jones was going to look at this and say, we need shock therapy. We're a good team, but we're not going to win with this current administration.
Speaker 7: But Jerry decided otherwise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trying to figure that out.
Speaker 4: The twelve wins is great, and they could have twelve wins next year, but he doesn't mean anything unless you do something in the postseason. You could win nine games and go to the super Bowl. But yeah, you know, hey, we got twelve wins. Okay, How dangerous are you when you get to the postseason and you lose at home and you lose to one of the youngest teams that we've had in recent history and a quarterback making his postseason debut and you were never in that game.
Speaker 14: The crazy thing is Dan To me, when I think about that game, I just think that that had to be one of the most embarrassing games that Dan Quinn has ever run a defense for. And you know, you look at the end of this season, I think the last whatever eight or nine games. I figured it out the other day. They've a lot twenty five points a game in three hundred and fifty three yards. This is not I mean, it was a shocking development, no question, But that Cowboys defense has looked like the Eagles defense over the last six or seven weeks. And I don't know what that means, really, I just know that, you know, just the same way I was shocked that Jonathan Gannon got the job in Arizona last year coming off a game in which his defense gave up two of the softest touchdowns in Super Bowl history to lose the Super Bowl, and then three days later he's being introduced as the coach of the Cardinals. And again, look, Jonathan Gannon's a good coach, don't get me wrong. So maybe it should matter. Dan Quinn's a good coach, Maybe it shouldn't matter. I can't figure out how you pull an absolute no show in that game, and that's what the Dallas defense did.
Speaker 4: Talking to Peter King, I don't know other candidates who have been reported with Seattle other than Dan Quinn.
Speaker 2: Are there? Who else is in play for the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 14: That's a really good question. They've kept it very close to the vest I think they're in no hurry. I think they're doing it's the right way, quite honestly. John Schneider, he's not going to be forced into doing anything. I think the best guy for that job, without any question, is Mike Rabel. Mike Rabel will be perfect with a guy like John Schneider because John Schneider is a really good personnel guy.
Speaker 7: He'll find a quarterback for Mike Rabel.
Speaker 14: All Mike Rabel has to do is go and replicate the legion of Boom. And I'm exaggerating there, but Mike Rabel is a really, really.
Speaker 7: Good defensive coach.
Speaker 14: Can build a good defense and even when there's nothing to play for it. What happened with you against Jacksonville. They play that game like it was the seventh game of the World Series. That's what you want in your head, coach. That's what was lacking to me with Nick Sirianni over the last six weeks.
Speaker 4: We had Albert Brier on Last Hour and he said that he feels like the Chargers job is Jim Harbaughs if he wants it.
Speaker 14: What do you think I think it is too the Chargers have to do it, Dan, There's no question about it.
Speaker 7: They don't have a choice.
Speaker 14: They have just gone from hiring an inexperienced a head coach in Brandon Staley and it didn't work, and now they're in some trouble with a quarterback who's a franchise quarterback and all you ever do is go five hundred there on average. I think they need the fire alarm is going off in their building and they need help. And I do think that Harbaugh is going to be the guy, just assuming that they can get the contract done.
Speaker 2: The Washington job with the number two pick.
Speaker 4: Overall, it feels like that's a really good opportunity to step into. But you would know better than I would have. What there Are they going to get an established coach, a former coach.
Speaker 14: I think it's more likely they get an offensive brain. I think when I sort of project all of these jobs, the one person for that job, oh, I think would be ideal as Ben Johnson from Detroit. You see what he's done with Jared Goff. He's done a fantastic job with golf. Golf was so tremendous. The other night I was in the building and I just I'll just tell you this. There there was a tenseness at the start of that game. There was that place. I wrote it in my column. At one point they have one of those decibel meters, and the decibel meter was at one eighteen. I mean, that's louder than Seattle, or maybe just as loud now it's a dome. But that is the same noise that you hear if you were standing, which we would never do. If you're standing on the runway and a seven thirty seven is taking off right there as it passes by, That's what the noise was and it never stopped. Dan Quinn told me seventy five minutes before the game the hair on the back of his neck is standing up because he's never been in an environment like that at.
Speaker 7: That point before the game.
Speaker 14: But I think Ben Johnson would be a really good candidate. They're going to take a quarterback number two almost certainly, so let Ben Johnson work with one of those guys, Drake may, Pennix, Caleb Williams, whatever happens. And that's what I would do if I were them.
Speaker 4: The odds of Carolina getting an established coach.
Speaker 7: I mean, Dan who wants to coach in Carolina.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest.
Speaker 14: I mean, who wants to go to work for David Temper? Tell me, I would like to know. There's a lot of people who would say, oh, I'll take that job, and look, they'll get somebody good. I mean, if I were them, I'd go hard after Louie and Rouma. He got job last year. He is an excellent football coach. He will build a great defense and he'll figure it out on offense. But I think Louis and Arumo would be a great choice there. He'd establish some toughness right away, some credibility. But I also think that they have to be looking at somebody the salvage Bryce Young. And look, I'm so tired of hearing Bryce Young's a buss, What a terrible choice?
Speaker 7: All that stuff.
Speaker 14: How would you know if you're running for your life every snap. I mean, it's ridiculous to say that Bryce Young's a waste. It's stupid, and he still has a chance, I think, to be really good in the NFL. They just have to prioritize the offensive line above all.
Speaker 4: The situation with the Colts with Jim Irsay, obviously sensitivity there, but the NFL, how do you handle something like that with Jim Ersay's health situation.
Speaker 14: If indeed that it is substance abuse related, I think they have to.
Speaker 7: Treat this with some care.
Speaker 14: I mean, obviously they'll treat it with care, but they also have to treat it like you know, you can't have different rules for an owner that you have for you know, a coach or a player. And in my opinion, I think the NFL is going to have to find a way to massage this and to gently find a way to make sure he gets X amount of treatment and that there is probably at some point some discipline involved if it is what it appears to be. But again, I think we're so early in the story we may end up finding out that it isn't what everybody says it is right now, So I think we have to be cautious about making any final judge on that right now.
Speaker 4: Good to talk to you, Pete save travels this weekend. Thank you, Hey all the best. Did good to talk to you. That's Peter King, Football Morning and America columnists contributor to Football Night in America. Yes, Jim er saw Jim Ersay was found unresponsive and this according to TMC and the team says it's a respiratory illness, but according to TMZ, he was found unresponsive and uh, looking at this as you know, some kind of drug overdose here. But he runs the Colts. You know, the NBA takes over a franchise, they've done this before. And you know, you know, a dire situation like this, like Jim Harball runs the Colts or Jim Ersay runs the Colts like that, that's alarming.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And I know he's battled a drug addiction, you know, probably for the last thirty years, and has said he's been sober. Andrew Crane did to sit down with him on Real Sports on HBO and he talked about how long he had been sober but had this relapse. Reportedly a couple of phone calls in here Kurt in Michigan, Hi Kurt, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 6: Sporting DP unhappy winter to you in the gang? You are we sure that Belichick was going to get a job. I mean, his well ego would give me pause if I were an owner. But whatever, I don't know, I've had maybe it's against the grain.
Speaker 4: I don't know, he's but he's available. He's the greatest coach of all time. I don't know what the downside would be. And if you're the Falcons, hey, you don't have this history where you go, oh my god, he's going to stain the reputation of our friend. I mean he already did that when he was the coach of the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Oh no.
Speaker 4: But if you're Washington Carolina, of course you're gonna take him. You know, we speculated maybe Dallas would I wondered if he would go to the West coast with the Chargers. It feels like that's Jim Harballs. But I mean he wants to go in and take over a team that's ready to win. They've underachieved. The Chargers certainly fit that description, and the Falcons do as well.
Speaker 12: Yes, Mark, And if you're the Falcons, you take him for immediate relevancy, right, And so you're looking, I'm looking at their opponent schedule, primetime game Falcons Cowboys Sunday night, Monday night.
Speaker 2: They played the NFC East.
Speaker 12: Yeah, next season, so he gives you automatic relevance and you get a quarterback Russell Wilson and then.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah why not?
Speaker 12: Okay, all right, his wife's from Atlanta, Come on, okay, makes sense?
Speaker 2: Does she want to go back to Atlanta. Oh, I got a call, I got it. Yeah, yeah, because I don't know that. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Sources close to Siara say, she, what's future think about that?
Speaker 2: Keep me out of there.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's let's take a break. More phone calls coming up. We're back after this on the Dan Patrick Show. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. Lakers overcame a triple double from Luca beat the MAVs. Dallas is five and two this season. When Luca records a triple double, they were seventeen and three the previous two seasons when had a triple double. Anthony Davis has played well, you know once again Anthony Davis. He could be like the Dallas Cowboys, where you go, yep, good regular season.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see what happens in the postseason.
Speaker 4: Like, is there who would be the player comp for the Dallas Cowboys?
Speaker 8: PAULI a player who is always good at the regular season and doesn't show up. James Harden Prime James Harden. Remember he'd run out of gas four or five years ago. No offense, Jim, but I think James Harden.
Speaker 2: Nobody calls him Jim Harden.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the postseason he's Jim Harden. Yeah. Regular season he's James James.
Speaker 8: In November, Jim in April?
Speaker 4: Is is Kyrie already trolling to go to the Lakers and play with Lebron?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 2: Was he asked about that, Marvin?
Speaker 12: They were, yeah, they think there were rumor circulating that he wanted to go back during free agency and told it's like Kyrie broke up with a really hot girl when he was twenty three, and then he started dating other hot girls, but it's like they weren't as hot as as her.
Speaker 2: Okay, and now I'm regretting it, Okay, Seeton.
Speaker 5: But I like that people or that Kyrie say has shopped around a little bit, maybe learned his mistake, learned, you know what. I had a pretty good thing there and I still have the ability to maybe get it back. I'm okay with that. He's clearly working well with Luca. He's taking a back seat to Luca, and it's like, no, yeah, dude, this is your team.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, That's okay.
Speaker 4: He always want what he doesn't have maybe and then he has it, and then he wants something. I mean, he's averaging twenty five a game. But if you can get a quiet twenty five, Kyrie has given you a quiet twenty five this year. We haven't talked about the Earth being flat or any of the other conspiracy theories.
Speaker 2: And the team is good.
Speaker 4: But I just feel like the MAVs are gonna waste Luca's We're gonna wake up and go Man, he's twenty nine, hasn't done anything.
Speaker 2: I just I feel that way. Yeah, pulling.
Speaker 8: I got the Mavericks at twenty four and eighteen comfortably in the seven seed. That sounds like I think I've said this lat in the past three years in a row. It's just it feels like the Denver gets if they're healthy, it's hard to picture in them not being there.
Speaker 4: But I don't think Dallas is better than Minnesota right now or Oklahoma City.
Speaker 8: Minnesota's twenty nine and eleven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, but that's a well regular season.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do in the postseason.
Speaker 4: There's certain teams and players who were built for a five game series or a seven game series, just like there's baseball teams where you go, gosh, they weren't great, but you get them into a five game series, or it comes down to a three game series. You know the Celtics. Man, look at these numbers. Celtics haven't lost at home this year. Boston has won twenty consecutive home games. That's the eleventh longest streak to start a season in NBA history, and the longest for any team since the Spurs in twenty fifteen. They won their first thirty nine home games. Warriors won their first thirty six home games.
Speaker 7: Dayaday stat Out of to day stand outa day.
Speaker 2: This is the stat of the day.
Speaker 4: Stata to day Not to you bomb Panini America. The official trading cards to the Dan Patrick Show. Uh Joe in South Bend, Hi, Joe, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 2: Morning Dan, Morning Joe.
Speaker 15: First time, longtime six foot and an embarrassing joyantly like two twenty five? Hey, I was just wondering if, by some slim chance, the Green Bay Packers would go on to win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: How do you think Aaron Rodgers would feel?
Speaker 4: Thanks free time, Thank you dropped the mic there, Joe, the call. I think that he would be.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 2: I don't know with him. I think you say the right things.
Speaker 4: He would probably say, Hey, I reached out to Jordan Love and congratulated him.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's going to go.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm really happy for the GM Brian Gouda Kutzt because he won't be Matt Lafleur. He'd probably say, I'm really happy for coach some of his former teammates.
Speaker 2: I would hope he would feel that way, but I think privately be like, damn, he didn't need me.
Speaker 5: Nice You guys finally got back there without me.
Speaker 2: Brett in Orlando, Hey, Brett, what's on your mind?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 9: Dan six ' four and I'm really working on.
Speaker 2: It, sir, alright, Alrighty.
Speaker 9: It's really important for me to say, Dan, this is my very first time calling in to y'all and it's a real honor to talk to you and the Dan. It's so much appreciation and love for y'all's work. Thank you, absolutely, sir. That being said, I'm a very deeply passionate Longhorn and was on a walk this morning and was listening in to the comments and certainly what she'd played from our head coach Rodney Terry. After the basketball game, and I just wanted to make a couple of comments Dan that I think it's it's not a great look for Rodney to kind of call out the college players or call off the Central Florda players with regards to the Horns Down. But I think it's important also to kind of differentiate that both things can be true. I'm on a real popular rival message board that certainly is representative of a large portion of long Horn fans, but certainly not everyone, and hardly anyone Dan is really bothered by the Horns down.
Speaker 7: And so.
Speaker 9: I think that has been going on for well north of the decade. And I'm fifty eight years of age. It's been going on since I can remember, but it's certainly in the last you know, twenty years, has picked up steam and now it's just a thing, myself included. I think a lot of just truly feel you take it as a compliments.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean that's the way I would view it, Brad. If they know it gets to you, they're going to continue to do it. And all the coach has to say is, hey, you know what, talk to Johnny Dawkins and his players about it.
Speaker 2: It's not my place. Let Johnny handle his own players.
Speaker 4: My players know how to handle, you know, the outcome of a game with class whatever. But if they know it gets to you, It's like when you argue with your brother and you know if you go there, there's certain things and you go there, then it's go time and you know that and that's why you do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, setn The.
Speaker 5: Thing for me that really pushed that storyline over the top, or made it actually even a storyline was years ago the Big twelve making it and unsportsman like conduct penalty is that if another the team playing Texas did that, it was now you got flagged for it. And that to me was like, this is ridiculous. This is absolutely we observed. So when it occasionally bubbles up, it's like, oh, here we go, Texas is upset again. I don't think the SEC is going to do that, but I don't think it'll be in the language of the SEC. Handbone there all right.
Speaker 4: Two hours in the books, One More to Go, Fritzie Seat and Marv Paulie Yours Truly Dan Patrick Show