Speaker 1: Good for two two thirty one Voice for cruising. We're cruising cruising? Are we rolling? Ladies and gentlemen? Welcome to the episode of Bus with the Boys, episode two thirty one. As the voice probably just discussed, you probably heard that. Let me tell you something, dude, summer is hearing. What better way to take advantage of all it has to offer with Chevy Silverado Silverado Summer. Think of all the possibilities from offwoard adventures to d IY do it yourself project and hardcore work. Silverado has the capability and technology to make this summer your best one ever. With nine different silver Watto models to choose from and engines that range from the powerful Turbomax to the six point two liter V eight and the Durhamax Basil, you can count on Chevy power and performance to get you get anything done. Like many of you, we've been hitting the road a lot lately, and it seems like everywhere we go there's an army of Silverado's and Silverado owners. So shout out to all of you game recognized game head over to Chevy dot com and check out Silverado and all the Chevy trucks. The official trucks of busting with the bull in the state of Missouri. So yeah, we'll back.
Speaker 2: When I was on for the fourth, there's a lot of Silverado's out and about. They were all like that Silverado town brother, no question, no question.
Speaker 1: You get out there Missouri, man, it's like everyone just built different. Yeah yeah, yeah, you saw it this weekend, dude. A lot of competitors out there, whether it was Power Slap or UFC, it just seems like a lot of dudes are just in that Missouri category.
Speaker 2: Handle saying that light heavyweight Championship of Power Slap. We got the belt back home in Missouri. Yeah, shout out Wolverine Belt exactly where it needs to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, handling fucking business. Got his wife probably another set.
Speaker 2: Of fake tips. Yeah, so what a deal. Yeah, a couple couple matches that included the Missouri folk. But power Slap is like the professional sport of places like Missouri, no question, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: No question. It is consumed the flyover states, so called the fly over States. Yeah, no, no doubt. It has truly to take and over that area. That demographic for sure. It is. It's nuts, dude, and a lot of people are gonna It's not a sport. It's not this, dude. It is a spectacle to see. It is fun to watch it. It is fun to watch live. It is wild. And I'm sure you guys, you know with the boy brains work nowadays, fifteen seconds of having you know, the was it time span? Time? The thing where we're going to focused for so long? Retention attention span. Yeah, that's a tough word. Attention. That is the most easily consumable content you can probably get on the internet right now, ya just watching it, dude, get fucking smacked in the face like that is fucking wid no doubt, no doubt, dude.
Speaker 2: We've had a the most insane probably past really ten days. I mean we were on vacation. We were doing our Fourth of July stuff. You were in you were in Florida, yeah, which we can get into. I was in Missouri. Then we come back, we hit I think we got back to Nashville on Wednesday. First flight out Thursday morning, five fifteen. Boy get to New York. We get to interview Tom Segura, Christis Stefano. We have a nice little evening with the boys, get a little bit of sushi, rest up fly out at like seven.
Speaker 1: To twenty the next day. At first he struck that day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that yeah, we can get into that. And we fly all the way to Vegas. So just changing time zones. We're in Vegas for forty eight hours. I feel like we slept maybe five or six hours total in Vegas.
Speaker 1: I did the math, dude, we slept six hours. Yeah, isn't that nuts? Yeah?
Speaker 2: In night one on Friday, we're drinking, we're having a good time with the boys. Saturday we chill out, but we you know, we we make the night last, so about one thirty in the morning before we have to get up at three forty five to make our five to fifteen flight to get home for your daughter's birthday party, which by the way, was in a phenomenal time.
Speaker 1: It was good. But we're just in it.
Speaker 2: Right when we land, we're like, hey, we got to get over, we got to make the birthday part. We gotta be dads, gotta be dads. But we've had an insane last ten days or so.
Speaker 1: It really has been amazing, dude. This is one of those especially when you get like all the opportunities that came about in Vegas was just wild. Yeah, And I know that. We had a conversation about two weeks before when I was talking to you. I was like, hey, man, I think this is you need to come to Vegas and here's why. And I kind of gave you the spiel of here's why. And sure enough, forty eight hours later like the boys coming and then and three or four times I hit you with a was it worth it? And you're like, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: After night one, you guys, you're like first pitch, second pitch, the third and final pitch.
Speaker 1: For sure. I was like, yeah, I need to I gotta go. I'm truly starting. I'm so happy. I'm truly starting to understand the strategy how to get your places. You can't is you can't do like hard way. We gotta do this. Let's go like that's not the way to do it with you. But the nudging, the slow movements figuring out it's a it's a it's nice when you finally start to figure out your buddy that way. You know, it's good. Yeah, it's good, but incredible. Time you want to get you want to get into it. I know where do we start? I guess we start in New York. Man let's obviously we had early flights out. Well, we probably should start with our Fourth of julys.
Speaker 2: People have phenomenal like we uh, my partner and I, Adam Froude. We won the cornhole tournament huge, about sixteen teams.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of fun. Missouri is a great time.
Speaker 2: Got some good camaraderie, good vibes with the old man, with my brothers, rue, getting to see everybody like.
Speaker 1: It was a good time.
Speaker 2: And then Fourth of July ends, uh, you know with all the boys sitting around having a having a stogy, some busting, some busting piggyback whiskey and a little bit of dairy Queen on the way home too.
Speaker 1: But dude, it was. It was a great time.
Speaker 2: Then stay up late at night with the boy Nick where we were staying at we you know, we stayed up till about two in the morning, just catching up and just talking life, talking shop.
Speaker 1: Then we drive back the next day. Dude. But my Fourth of July Missouri was a good time. I love it. And also you were putting out a couple of those twisted teas, dude, the twisted teas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the twisted tea light is the move because the twisted t's like, you know, we're we're also get jacked twenty twenty three, So you got to kind of watch like there is sugar involved with the regular twisted tea, but did you go that twisted tea light That is where it's at.
Speaker 1: They taste phenomenal. Everybody's wanted to get him, and I only you.
Speaker 2: Know, I unfortunately bought three cases because there was a you know, b byob situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but just for the boy that's you were ready.
Speaker 2: I knew I was going to pass a few round, but I just didn't know how i'd get And they go down nice like obviously twisted tea.
Speaker 1: That's a dangerous, boy, because they taste so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they taste just like just like a good old iced tea, dude, but without you don't taste any alcohol. So it's kind of like the whole jungle juice situation. You don't know until you know, yeah, until it's over, and then all of a sudden you're blacked out. Yeah yeah, but uh no, dude, it was the twisted tea light is definitely the move, and I was spreading the good the good news around Bonter. By the way, the boys were fired up that were Twisted Tea crew.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot of our generation, especially the guys, are fired the.
Speaker 1: Fuck up about the twisted tea move. Yeah. I've gotten a few texts about it too, especially Chris Arnold. He hits me up a whole bunch. He is a big twisted tea guy. What he'll do with twisted tea is he has like these big jugs, yeah, and he puts it in his fridge and he just pours only twisted tea in and so he makes it look like he's just having a tea at the end of the day of like three or four of them things and out in the forest, get some ice cubes, fill it up. Hey, honey, it's all good. It's just tea. Yeah, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: So perious too, because Tanner would always like, you know, whisper to me throughout the day, like, hey, Chrushian, twisted tea crush the tall boy with me. And I'm like, Tanner, it's fucking one in the afternoon on a Wednesday, leave me alone.
Speaker 1: They love those Arizona boys. They love the twisted tea for sure. Man, it's a good time. I'm glad you're fourth of July went so, well, how was uh? How was Italy? How is Italy Florida? Well, we started off by driving. We drove, and you know it was it was straight. I had a bit of a situation with Bucky's straight yoh yeah. Situation. So my wife for you guys, you most of you guys know, my wife is from Canada and so her her brother's in town, his girlfriend a fiances in town. And we drive down to thirty eight. And as we're going down, obviously you're driving that little route, about an hour and a half in, Bucky starts to pop up and I I start selling it, like, brother, we're about to go to like the number one tourist spot for low to middle class people. This is a hunter pumps fudge, their jerky, barbecue, the whole thing, best bathrooms you've ever you've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and people go out there, they get their food, they go outside and tailgates.
Speaker 1: So I made it like I feel like, anytime we're trying to sell somebody on something, you can't hype it up too much. You got to give it a little little grace because then they go in with that most like the highest of expectations. We go there, and to be honest with you, they weren't overly impressed. But I think that's what it's me doing that because I talked about about thirty minutes before we even got there. So that like I'm quiet after BUCkies for like the next hour, like in my own head, like, yo, is Bucky's that great? Then?
Speaker 2: Is that it was Fourth of July weekend, like that's a destination spot. It was packed families and they're like, let's go have a day of BUCkies. So I started getting in my own head and stuff like that. And I'll regain this conversation when we get to get to New York because on the way back, I did have a conversation with A and JP. Thankfully, Will and JP were a good voice of reason for me, and I'm I'm back where I need to be.
Speaker 1: But we so I get to Florida and it's beautiful down there. In thirty A. There's like you go to different spots. It's like Rosemary Beach, and then it's like thirty A and then it's Kaya and then it's like it just kind of keeps going down and they're all their own little unique cultures. Yeah, kind of down there. I thought it was beautiful. I thought it was immaculate. Rosemary. I thought was really awesome. The little shops. It does kind of remind you of like a European feel with the way the buildings are and stuff like that. Italy and then thirty A. Like you get there and I think thirty A is beautiful. However, it's so like everything's like white, everything blends in. It's so clean that I thought to myself, this could be a horror movie where you kind of go in you're so excited, but everyone's kind of dressed the same. All the buildings are the same. Then, like it's one of those deals like when night falls, like you just can't go like something. There's like one older lady it's like, hey, probably best you don't come out of your room after seven pm. And you're thinking, why that's so weird. They hear scratchings at the door and stuff like that. That's the whole thing. I have to unpack up my own self. But dude, the first day, I get in my little golf cart. The next morning and I go to the go to workout the Rosemary Jim area, and I'm I'm ripping in my golf cart and I get stopped and they're like, hey, you can't have golf carts in this area. I'm like, what do you mean? I see golf carts everywhere, and they kind of take me out. And then I start to find out that thirty A, like you can't take photos of thirty eight because they consider themselves a brand and there's only certain amount of things you can do. And that's where with me when there's that many like random rules, what what what thirty you can't take photos of thirty thirty eight? Yeah? This is what I was told is that thirty A they viewed themselves as a brand, and so you can't necessarily take your own photos, like you can't take iPhone photos there or you're not like if they see if security sees you doing, they're like, hey, you can't take photos here. Hey you can't do this here. You can do it at Rosemary. I don't know that you can't do it. You can do it, Kaya. I'm just telling you the photos. This is what people This is what people were telling me. This is what people who live there are telling me. Like I was saying, be yeah, Rosemary. And in between Kyle, so that little like it's the white Pillars. And I was told, once you get to the white Pillars, you're technically in Alice Beach. You're in Alice Beach? And then so am I wrong in saying that?
Speaker 3: I think it's saying that if you are not.
Speaker 4: The first article that pops up is just you need to be a renting guest or owner to secure permission to shoot there.
Speaker 1: Okay, So just that in general, though, is like why why can't you just take photos?
Speaker 4: Definitely, like, out of all the beaches in Florida, thirty A is definitely the most like stiff of all of them, Like it's where a lot of.
Speaker 1: The hold on, not to cut you off, but I was doing it too. I think thirty as like the whole general area. Yeah, the highway right, Yeah, It's like thirty is like Nashville. And then we're talking about, like you.
Speaker 4: Stayed in Alice Beach, that is probably one of the nicer it's so nice, the nicest in the Gulf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's really nice. But when I start hearing these rules, like I was staying in Kyle, which they're all right next to each other, like you're just talking about a street over and these two dudes were walking by. I broke a watermelon. I was really bummed ou about it, and they were kind of like consoling me about it, which I didn't meet that, but all right, they started talking to me and I'm like, yeah, I told him about the golf cart thing. And then that's when they started telling me, Hey, like yeah, but you can't take photos in Alicepeach. And we've been stopped multiple times. Like one guy was flying a drone and a security guard came up and he's like, hey, you can't fly a drone here, you're an Alice Beeach. Blah blah blah. The line of Alice Beach and Rosemary or Kaya was like right behind him. He took two steps back and started flying the drone. And I was like, all right, that's fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's beach where you have to be a renting or actual owner to be able to legally shoot there, which is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's ridiculous. And so there was there were little things that I was like, man, because that's that's where we go back to just me in general, and the weird pet peeves I have, like the whole country club you gotta dress a certain way type thing, you gotta actually we're in the country club house. Was yeah, well I was in kaya, but I was essentially right there with everything, and I start, you know, the rules part was a bummer for me.
Speaker 2: Did you have to Did you need a code to get into the area? No, because you're just driving that road. It's like the f s H. The Florida Scenic Highway is kind of what it's called in ad community.
Speaker 1: No, I wasn't in a gated community, but I feel like if you're renting, that's where kind of my my gated community like dislike kind of goes out. Because I'm just renting. It's all good. I'm not buying, I'm not purchasing. But I other than that, I feel like, I man, get the negative out of the way. I thought it was incredibly beautiful. I thought the sand was dude, the sand's just different down there, Like it felt white soft sand, white soft sand. I thought, you know, when they didn't they said they didn't have waves, you know, I was like, man, that's kind of a bummer, Like what are you gonna do? It? There? Very calm seas. Everyone was having a good time at night where me and my kids when the tide was out, We're catching sand dollars and crabs and stuff like that. It was just a blast, man, it was so much fun. We did like a little fire pit thing and my daughter's in the corner, and literally it was the it was the fourth when that happened. My daughter's birthday is the fifth of July. And there's a there's a moment I'm like sitting in a chair and I'm looking over and I'm looking at my looking at my five year old daughter. Winning she's like kind of just making sand castles and stuff, and there's the sun setting behind her, and I literally was like tearing up, like my god, she's like getting so old. I literally was like sitting there crying by myself, and then like TALENs, like are you crying right now? I was like, get the fuck out of here, dude, let me just get him right now. No, but I was like legitimately like, holy shit, my kids are just getting older. It's just wild. The wind is like at the age now she's like a little girl. There's no more like toddler or anything like that. Willow, I got it. We had like one or two more years there, but she's already talking to hear her talk it's like, damn, and they just stop.
Speaker 2: Like I remember Yester when we were driving over, You're like, oh, man, when they start talking, it's gonna be so awesome. There's a part of me it's like, man, you just don't want to hear the next stage happen. Yeah, because once that stage goes, it's like the old one in there and even the pointing going lick, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like that's gone. She'll be able to talk to me, now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like once they get done crawling and they're walking there, they don't crawl anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then the fifth happened. So the next day, the fifth wind turns. She's fired up, and I made a joke to her that I made her yesterday, the day before she turned six, and she's kind of color and she looks at me and she goes, I'm six now day that's not funny, Like, Yo, what the fuck dude? I used to here so like that, And now the rest of the day I'm trying to make jokes. She has not funny. Dad, I'm six over and over, and I'm like, you know what else happens when you're six? Yeah, you're allowed to get grounded. Yeah, go to your room. Go to your room. I think about how your father's not funny. Take a fucking walk, dude. I was. That was like, damn, that's crazy. And the fifth is I literally left. I went. I flew back to to Nashville because we had that early flight, so I took like a later flight out of Panama City. But it was fun.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed thirty. We'll have to go back. It's fucking hot right now though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you were bringing up out of like, oh yeah, I bet it as fucking it was fam brutal, brutal with the July.
Speaker 1: Week like weekend and everything like that time. Yeah, so the guys, those two guys that I was talking with that were telling me all the rules are like you got to come down like November. That is the time, like no one's really here. It's fun. You can get in all the shops and all that they're really lacks and the rules like you can kind of just do whatever. And I'm like, that's it sounds like a good time. That's what I'm gonna get there for sure. That was a blast, dude. And then we go to New York. Yeah, New York.
Speaker 2: Bro, Tom's a girl Chris is Stefano. Two phenomenal interviews. Those are gonna be awesome. You guys are gonna love them. But Tom is just like you know, he loves ball, he loves college ball. So it came into like storytelling for all of us there for a minute. Yeah yeah, and then HQ's like all the way cleaned out because there are you know, a lot of people are moving to Chicago, so a lot of things were getting like tidied up and set up for everybody in HQ this week, like the new It's gonna be like Barcel comedy.
Speaker 1: I think out of New York doing like sketches and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Would you like more out of Tom and Chris Also one of those things where we're like, you know, we love them each in their own right.
Speaker 1: I like them both. I think they are both completely different energies too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The thing I really like comes in just you know, he's ready, yeah, firing, He's rating have a good time.
Speaker 1: I caught myself laughing a whole bunch more with uh with Chris. Yeah. But the thing that was so nice for me is when before we our interview with Tom Segura, we had an individual tell us like Hey, you gotta he's a little more reserved. You kind of gotta work him through it, a little bit boken, soft spoken, And I didn't feel that the whole Like the minute we sat down there was like boys hanging out. Yeah, it was a good fucking time. It was. Man, then this definite like you said, dude, shooting from the hip, being fucking hilarious, like just saying offhand shit the whole time, like oh yeah I can Yeah, I guess I got left at that this. Yeah yeah, you're like I'm allowed to lie. Yeah yeah yeah, but he was he was this Stefaniel gave me the vibe of Chrischer in a lot of ways, where it's like you kind of just ask one question and then he rolls for twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh he spoke about eighty five percent of that podcast. Yeah, it made a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then Sigura was more like more all of us having a conversation. So I enjoyed both of them. Yeah, lot all that to say, I enjoyed them so much, dude, they were Yeah, they were fucking awesome. I loved that. And then I'll be I mean, got a good night's sleep, woke up super early, in the morning. But we were I mean I was in my room eight o'clock, probably was asleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, after we had dinner at that sushi spot, which, by the way, over price don't go there.
Speaker 1: Had a lot of selection and a lot of selection, yeah, very like traditional Japanese. Yeah, and the soy sauce they gave us, they gave Taylor like a teaspoon. And I was thinking to myself, brother, come on, what are we doing. It was wild. It was wild. Yeah, very very New York, very New York. Well we wake up the next morning, we should go back. So the day of doing those two interviews, I asked will about his flights, like, hey, did you get on the same flight as me. He's like, I got I got good news, I got bad news. Oh yeah, because that's what led to it. Yeah, I mean it feels like this stuff happened so long ago, so long ago. Yeah, with lack of sleep and everything. Essentially, will Is like, I have a direct flight from JFK and I'm flying from Loguardia earlier in the morning than will Is. But I'm going to Austin, Texas. Then I'm going to Las Vegas. And we always flat to LaGuardia. We always fly out of Laguardi after we do a New York trip. Taylor had booked his.
Speaker 2: I get on, like Caitlin was booking ours through barstool and everything, and she was like, hey, I found a NonStop at JF can like how much farther away? She's like probably twenty minutes, but you know, being NonStop. And then the other one, the one that Taylor was on, she's like, there's no more there's no more first class. She's like, there's no first class period. But you'd be in a middle seat on that one. So I was like, all right, well, let's see the NonStop because we're all going to get there.
Speaker 1: And then Taylor's like.
Speaker 2: I got good news and I got bad news because JP says something INTU said you good news, you got bad news? I know, but remember JP sparks one say oh yeah, I got to tell him. And I was like, hey, I got good news. There I have bad news.
Speaker 1: I'm like, all right, what's the bad news because we're on a different flight, and what was the good news. We're both going to we're all going to Vegas. We're all going to so we start talking about it, and for me, like I was in first class on LaGuardia, but I would rather sit in the middle seat and have a direct flight than have to connect somewhere.
Speaker 2: I don't know, bruh, I know, and you make your own decision, just because I didn't want to feel like I was either pushing you to like, hey, come with us, because I'm thinking he might just be in a middle seat, like we're all in the mate, We're all it's gonna be a long fucking film, all, yeah, we're all Jim Pop. Yours is seven and a half hour travel time. Ours is like five hours and forty minutes. But you get a first class fight and then you get to stop off kind of like get the legs moving a little bit, and then you get back in to go to Vegas for the rest away for another first class, but you get your dwell taken care of, you know what I mean, versus being crammed in a mill seat. You're talking middle seat and everything else, and I'm like, I think my guy's thinking crazy pills. But you're like, hey, you know, fucking I'll be in the trenches with the boys type of yeah, which I wasn't gonna go against.
Speaker 1: But I'm thinking my head, like I don't know if I would have took that one. No. Well, but also last day and by what I said, like, I would much rather just get there faster than have to stop in a whole bunch of spots, even if it's just one stop for me. And so I had Caitlyn. I said, hey, can you put me on the same foot as then she says, yeah, no problem, and uh. I go to check into my flight and it's like, you can't get your your seat yet because it's within twenty four hours. I was like, all right, whatever. I go to the desk. I sent it to Caitlyn. I was like, hey, is this normal? She's like, totally normal. It's because it's twenty four hours all that. So I like double checked and everything. The next day we're up at I don't know, we leave at five o'clock. My flight that I was gonna have to get on. I'd have to be on that flight at five o'clock. So for me, I'm like, oh, I'm getting more sleep right right, all that, there's a whole there's a there's enough pros up the middle seat. Yeah we get there. JFK. You gotta work on your shit, dude, that is one of the worst airports I have ever been in my entire life. I go to stand in line. I'm looking at the thing. It says walk time. So I have my gate and we're like gate B fifty eight or something like that, and it says walk times like from B forty five to be sixty says thirty minutes. And we're there earlier than we usually are. Flights were there like an hour and a half. We were there like yeah, we were there time. Yeah. So I ended up getting the seat and will you aways checks the kiosk for me and he's like, hey, it's not working. I'm like, hey, you guys, just go because I'm the line for the desk.
Speaker 2: We get in line for the kiosk because there were a lot of people and the operation is just fucking brutal. The lines got awful, the walk times insane. Taylor's like, hey, because we got on the kiosk. I was like, well, let's shut the kiosk because he's like, you guys just might need to start going, like it's a thirty minute walk and He's like, I just don't know how long I'm gonna be in this fucking line because it was long because.
Speaker 1: I'm like, it's better for everybody, or at least you guys would make the flight. Then all of us missed the flight, and I'm like, what the fuck right? So I wait in this line. I'm a little tired. I'm sitting there and I'm watching people just fucking and have conversations in this line, the people that are next in line, and the person's sitting over there going hey, next to line, next to line, and I'm looking at these other people in notice like talking. I'm like, bro, hurry the fuck up in my head, but it's whatever. I am getting to the desk and the lady is like, oh, when when's your birthday? And I was like, oh, seven twenty two ninety one. And she's like, oh, it says your birthday seven twenty two, twenty twenty, and I'm like, birth year of twenty twenty. I'm thinking. She goes, how old are you? I'm like, I'm thirty one. She goes, oh, it says here you're three, and I'm thinking you could have probably figured it out that I'm not three years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but whatever, twenty twenty. We know there's a difference here. Yeah, are you gonna be able to fucking help me. So I'm like, hey, can you just change you real quick? She tries to change, she goes, oh, we can't print it here all this stuff. You're gonna miss the flight because you're forty five minutes out. And so I sit there and I look at my phone real quick. There's eleven to ten flight. I go, hey, if I bood this fight and I get through, can I make that thing? They're like, uh, yeah, maybe. So I booked the eleven ten flight direct from JFK to Vegas. I am sprinting, I am a run. Taylor hits us and I'm JP and I went to the security whenever Taylor was like he wasn't even at the desk yet.
Speaker 1: JP and I just got through security.
Speaker 2: We were in security for a long time, and then we had that thirty minute walk, bro, and it is the longest fucking walk.
Speaker 1: And Tailor's like, hey, I just got through security and I got no I was in line still, and I was like, hey, you guys there yet, Like if you guys talk to the person, You're like, brother, we just got through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we were like, it's it's the long It's the longest walk of your fucking life.
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking, there's no way tailor's gonna make it, so I get through. I ended up getting through security, and I have like fifteen minutes before this flight takes off. You just ran the whole time. I ran the whole time, and I'm brother, Oh, I can imagine a hurt. Yeah, I was exhausted. I get there. The door is open before we can even get to the desk. Lady goes, hey, your friends were here. They said you'd be running like at the last second. Sorry you missed it. I'm like, we have a cut off at ten minutes before the flight takes off. I look at my look at my phone, dude, eight minutes before the flight takes off, schedule take off. Eight fucking minutes and the door is still and I got there's nothing you can do. She goes, no, sorry, and she literally walks away, like doesn't.
Speaker 2: Give me an opportunity time like they they would didn't even close the overhead yet, like when JP and I are seated, and I'm like, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: We're literally, like I said, down just four minutes ago. Yeah, and the people still getting on the flight apparently still working through everything before they even close the doors. No, joke. I am fuming. I'm so fucking mad. So I literally I literally go in the corner and I set a time on my phone for twenty minutes. I'm like, this is how long you get to be mad. And I literally was sitting in the corner so fucking mad that I like, do you have your potty face on?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I was just I just out there and put headphones on and just listen to music for a little bit. And I literally felt like if somebody even I would be the guy that, like person in New York loses it and beats somebody up because the person asked how their day was going. Type of thing like that would be a news article. If someone's like, hey man, what's going on? On says the N word? Can I get a Can I get can I get a photo? One of those things, I'd be like, Bro, I would fucking lose it right now. Twenty minutes goes by, timer goes off. There's nothing I can do. Catch myself, a little meal, walk around the place a little bit, get on my flight, middle seat on the eleven to ten flight. So five hours, Bro, five hours sitting there, forty watch two movies. I watched a few good men watched Uh what was the other one? It was another one with a palm cruising oh top gun Maverick. And then I watched thirty minutes of Titanic. Yeah, and I skipped through it. All good parts, a few good men's phenomenal get there and it's great. So now we're in Vegas, we go to power Slap. Power stuff is great. It was a fun time.
Speaker 2: Before we hit power slash. Should we hit this? Uh? We had some Duke Cannon do Yeah, some fucking not for clown shit. Go ahead, you want to go, you want me to go? This episode is brought to you by Duke Cannon. We like to talk to you about your shower game for a minute. Here's the facts.
Speaker 1: Boys.
Speaker 2: The body wash you're using right now is weak, watered down beta and probably smells like a JV locker room.
Speaker 1: Simply put, you're a pussy. The boys need.
Speaker 2: A shower of substance after a hard day's work, and that's why we use thick, hive scarcity body wash from Duke Cannon.
Speaker 1: The thicker, the girthier, the better.
Speaker 2: Duke Cannon's thick body wash is built to work hard, not spw down.
Speaker 1: The shower drain.
Speaker 2: All their sins are amazing, but my personal favorite is the Midnight Swim. It smells like a cannon ball into a moonlit lake, not a dip in the hot tub at a Starlit motel. Also my personal favorite product the face wash, the Coal Miners face wash.
Speaker 1: That is my go to. You have to try Duke Cannon.
Speaker 2: A limited time, we got The Boys hooked up with twenty percent off your first order at Duke Cannon dot com with code the Boys twenty. That's twenty percent off when you used The Boys twenty at Duke Cannon dot com. Duke Cannon work harder, smell better. So we're finally in Vegas, dude. We hit Power Slap and it was phenomenal.
Speaker 1: It was a great time. But Shane Gillis, who is a fucking He's a stunt. He's a bro. Sorry, he's our bro, dude. He is all fucking time. He's like, Hey, I have a show at the Mirage. You should come, blah blah blah. So we leave Powers up the minute Wolverine takes the Belt back to Missouri, we get on the bus, cruise over the Mirage. We get there probably an hour before the show.
Speaker 5: Starts.
Speaker 1: Shane's walking around with security, gets this into the we go like the little green room, which is essentially this nineteen seventy style like hotel suite that's like right outside, like behind the kitchen of the mirage with this coffee shop. We're hanging out there and uh, some cool cats, some cool fucking listen. Let's let's let's be cool about it. Everyone just be cool for a second and relax.
Speaker 2: Everyone's sitting listening watching the spot. Be fucking cool. You say this, don't overreact, dude. But we hung out with Joe Rogan. Joe comes in. He's with Young Jamie as well. Who Young Jamie's a homie. Homie, dude, He's a fucking homie. The best part because he's an Ohio State cat. Yeah, and once he was like, oh, I just shook the hand of a Michigan man like he feels dirty type.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like that, he's one of the fucking boys. He's just tell he's one of the boys.
Speaker 1: So we talked to them for a little bit. We were hanging out. We fucking started talking about BPC NA D the whole, the whole thing. Jamy and I are going back and forth about Hey, listen to a house state keeps working hard, someday you guys will be back type of thing. And we're having a good back and fourth the whole time. It's a fun it's a fun time. It's a great time. And we go behind the curtain before and what is that called We're at the god mic or something like that. The god mic. There's a god there's a single mic with the curtains right before you walk out on stage. And Shane goes, all right, well you're doing it, and Will was like, what the fuck am I doing.
Speaker 2: Shane's like, Will, come on, dude, like I want you to do the God Mic and I'm just thinking, funk, what are we about to get into. He's like, I Will, I want you to do this, and I'm like, you actually want me to do something? He's like yeah, essentially like introduced the show, you know, say like Las Vegas, and it was a I hate that I'm butchering and forgetting this comedian's name, but Sean something.
Speaker 1: He had a long, very many syllable lessons. Yeah, I think it was three syllables. Yeah, I started with a G.
Speaker 2: But Jack, do you remember I have to put you on the spot, no, not.
Speaker 1: Showing past like something. Dude's funny as hell. Yeah he was funny.
Speaker 2: But anyway, it's like, you know, basically like yeah, Las Vegas, are you ready?
Speaker 1: Type stuff?
Speaker 2: And then our first comedian of the night's gonna be Sean, And I tell you what, I am so fucking nervous to perform from the boys, to perform in front of the boys, you guys know, so yeah, be cool people, and uh, everybody's like, dude, you're gonna crush it.
Speaker 1: Man, Like, y' all you gotta do is just fucking do your thing.
Speaker 2: So I grabbed the yeah, yeah, yeah, So I grabbed the mic and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like Lost Vegas.
Speaker 2: And you hear everybody going nuts behind the curtain. And then I'm like, you know, sh Shane's fan based the dogs. I'm like, do we got any dogs in the house? And you just hear the whole crowd just start barking, start barking on the mic, and I'm like, oh, it's gonna be a hell of a show. Our first comedian up Sean to introduce him, the crowds going nuts, and I get done. And it felt like that my pick six against Georgia twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: We went up first quarter and dude, I like couldn't feel my body.
Speaker 2: It was such a cool It was like peak fucking adrenaline. I get done. I look at Taylor. We do like our half little handshake. I jump on him. We're fucking celebrating. I dap up Shane, I dap up Joe. He's like, you crushed him, Like I know Joe, and we're just all getting hya. Yeah, be cool people, and uh, dude, it was just all time. Then we go and sit down out in the out in the crowd. Tommy Pope comes out, he crushes it, and then Joe does a surprise set for everybody there. Nobody knew that Joe was gonna be there performing or anything like that. Joe comes out and dude, it was fucking pandemonium.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the perfect word.
Speaker 2: In the modium, people are up fucking punching the air, like just going nuts. Jack, Taylor and I look at each other. Jack and I look at each other. We're like, oh, this is sick. And Joe goes for probably like twenty minutes. I say, yeah, fifteen minutes. Uh Sean Guarden, he shout out the hoo'st no disrespect.
Speaker 1: Hey, he's a guy. He's a set in the corner guy. Smoke a bunch of darts like very low. He treated that seventies motel sweet like a seven. Yeah yeah, he was rippo darts the whole time, no windows or nothing. Yeah yeah, fucking cigarettes getting after it.
Speaker 2: And uh, Joe crushes And then Shane comes out, and Bro Taylor and I are sitting there, We're watching Shane latt belly laughing dude like he's my favorite. Obviously we're a little biased, but Shane is the funniest cat doing it right now.
Speaker 1: Bro, multiple times, Will and I look at Shane's the funniest guy on earth, on fucking earth. Dude, Like, hey, Shane, we need to clip this and so Shane can just see it. You're the best, dude. If you you are the fucking best, you might be the goat dude. Yeah, you you're fucking dude. He's talking about the fucking Middle East dudes blowing up a tank and getting surprised, kangaroos fighting ship, like, dude, so fucking funny. And Shane's also dude that like he loves being funny and he pretends likely he hates the camera but he fucking thrives drives, and after we're going to Red Rocks to gamble and we're like and we'll go Shane, dude Trump, and he's just fucking with I'd be like, nah, man, it just starts these guys, he fucking starts killing it. You're gay. Yeah, he just starts doing his old Trump impression. Oh, it was so fucking funny, dude. It was genuinely I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 1: Legit, man, legit.
Speaker 2: I just feel like we're sitting there and we're watching Shane and obviously he's got his special out that he did in Austin on YouTube because he was went through all the cancelation stuff by getting fired from SNL and he did a special on Austin and he's just been on the come up. And I feel like we were getting getting to sit there and watch him do stand up and just watch his ascension and one day be known as in our generation as one of the.
Speaker 1: Best comics that did it.
Speaker 2: So it's like really cool getting to like witness that because he is fucking hilarious. If you have a chance to go see Shane Gillis you go see that mother.
Speaker 1: Fuck you go see him. It doesn't matter where you are if you have to fly trained bike. Yeah, did you go see him? Dude? He is so fucking funny dude, and legitimately, like obviously, like comedy is such as a subjective of art, like it's either for you, it's for you, it's not for you. But like there's no doubt in my mind, Shane's gonna own the twenties. Yeah, he's gonna own the twenties. Impossible, the thirties as well. He's so he's so fucking funny, dude. And it's not like it's not like all he's funny on stage and he gets out and he walks off the stage, he's like heyo, he's funny all of the time. Yeah, he makes it making fun of everybody. He's literally it's all the time, Dude't So after the show, we go back, we're all hanging out and everyone's there's a bunch of people back there, everyone just having a good time and some beer chugs.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But this is when my anxiety starts happening, because I know the boys got to go back to battle. I gotta go fucking fight the good fight. Yet again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there's that after party for the Power Slash back of Red Rocks.
Speaker 1: And plus International Fight the next day. It was like twelve thirty twelve forty five at this point, and so we're like, Shane wanted to go, and then those are back and forth. She's like, I can't leave my boys, but balls like, dude, bring them. We have a bus, like, just bring all the boys. We'll just go because it's like a parties that can we get in. It's like, dude, yeah, you can just walk in. It's all good, like an after party.
Speaker 2: It's not like an inclusive like only few people are gonna be there, which it was, and it was pretty package.
Speaker 1: It was pretty packed, dude. Bree Bree Chandler and Michael Chandler are texting us being like, hey, you need to come. Erica, who runs Power Slaps, She's like, you need to get here. Dana's down. We need some good juju. And so we we end up the whole crew ends up coming like Shane's boys, Joe I did poly Shore going now No Pauly Short, Jamie came. Everybody literally the whole crew like gets in the bus or they think their rides when we go to Red Rocks, and we all like walk in, walk in together, and it's like there's the there's the high roller area, and then the back is right the two private rooms are as when we when we go gamble, and then on one side, the right side as usually we're gambling, we look and it's like liter dude, like the Knelt boys are there. There's this blond dude who is apparently like this online gambler. I don't know his name, but I looked over and he had stacks and stacks and stacks of orange five thousand dollars chips, like I know any what he bought in for, but my god, was he murdering the fucking game. And then I see Dana. You know when you do the credit line, you do an open credit line as you're gambling, there's little chips that come out and says ten thousand. If you get past ten, they'll take ten those ten ships away and they'll put one hundred thousand and one down. Yeah, And then that brotherfucker was what all do? It was like a bunch of skittles fell out of a bag, like that's how many of those motherfuckers are out there? And Joe and I are talking and we're walking in. Joe's like, dude, the second we walk in there, Dana's gonna grab me and talk to me about power slapping. I'm like, oh, there's no fucking doubt about it. And this man's at war, like we're talking about half a million dollars right now that he's getting back and forth on. Joe goes and gives him a headlock, and uh. Dana's like, oh, what's up, dude. Draps them up and they're talking and he's like, let me talk to you for acent. Come right over here. And Joe's like, hey, Taylor's doing it. He's fucking doing it. Save me. And I'm thinking, brother, I'm not gonna go tell Dana what the deal, like, you guys are gonna have your conversation. Ten minutes go by and there's another table that's all by itself and I look over. I walk up and my had you ready to do this? He's like, well, let's go. So we go to war. Like everyone's still going, Dana's still got all his chips out, and I'm in the battle yet again, dude, And it was it was probably the one of the longer battles. Jack was at the one hundred and forty night.
Speaker 3: One hundred and forty was probably the longest.
Speaker 4: That one, like that was the latest we never started by far, so it kind of got a little hazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for Dana especially, he was in the trenches.
Speaker 1: When we got the trenches and I went down, I was, I was. I was hopped up.
Speaker 2: When we were at Red Rock, Yeah, yeah, after I had to do those fucking chugs, She's just like, hey, you got to you gotta do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like God, damn it, man. Yeah, but we go I'm down. Like I think one point where we're going back and forth, there's one point where Dana, if you're the chips are, if it's not going well, you start playing two hands. And at Red Rocks, I can play one hand of thirty thousand dollars or two hands of twenty five thousand, and I go two hands twenty five thousand. One of the hands turn into a split and the other one was a double, and I win the double, but I lose both of the split.
Speaker 2: Taylor wins the double, and that just because I know the story you're telling, just the preface. The hand that you won is the one right in front of you where we're standing right split in the double seemed like he was in front of Dana because he was messing with the chips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I win one and then lose two. So I end up losing like twenty five over like this hand probably was one hundred thousand dollars, Like there was a fifty thousand here, then a fifty with another double, so seventy five. So one hunred and twenty five puns star hand and I win one, lose one, and Will's like, fuck, yeah, Dear, you did it. I'm like, man, shut the fuck up. We just lost again. He's like, no, man, what are you talking about. I go, Doug, you won.
Speaker 2: He goes, I just lost that other hand on the split. I go, oh, shout out the dose Dan, and You're like, no, he's just he's just helping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got lost that hand. I was like, oh shit, yeah, but we end up we end up coming back did and winning I think like seventy five, right yeah, and so and then once that like uh, once.
Speaker 2: That happened, then all the bros we all just kind of sit down. We just gamble and play, and that was fun.
Speaker 1: Cola thousand sit there and better one hundred, two hundred dollars hands. That's that photo. We're all sitting around. That's latest fuck at that point. That's like two thirty three o'clock. Now, So two thirty three o'clock in Vegas is five o'clock in New York. So Will and I have two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three o'clock is hot six o'clock in New York. It's three hours different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three hours. We're Central times too, twenty five hours being up straight. Yeah, And so like after shortly after this picture was taken, boys are like, hey, let's go. I'm sitting there.
Speaker 2: I'm probably literally scheming, like how in the hell do I either lose it all or walk away and just go.
Speaker 1: Upstairs and go to bed, no doubt. So we end up. Ye, you ended up winning some cash.
Speaker 2: I know Jamie did well when we were sitting down there, winning this hat or winning Did you do well right there when you were just sitting down.
Speaker 1: I just had a couple of thousand out and I've been a little ridiculous. We were just hanging.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: That was like one of the hangs just by black jack, which is the most fun, dude, Like when you go to the stressful thing, it's great because if you win, obviously you win a lot of money. But sitting down with five of your buddies and just playing whatever happens happens, but like conversations are going on camaraderie. Someone has an ace put down first like oh it's and then you get a three on top of think you're like, oh fuck, that sucks. But it's like it's a good time, dude. So we end up going to bed and waking up like nine thirty, store hitting there, probably four o'clock, go to bed, wake up at nine nine thirty.
Speaker 2: We hit the you know, we hit breakfast or we hit brunch whatever, and then we go out to the pool, win some money at the pool, at the.
Speaker 1: At the blackjack at the pool. Yeah, that was and then.
Speaker 2: We get to go to a UFC two ninety, which two UFC two ninety dude, that was bucket list.
Speaker 1: Like I remember, I've told Taylor before.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dude, it you need to sit like in Vegas a UFC fight, get close to the action because you had went to the d S McGregor and I was like, man, that is so fucking sick.
Speaker 1: I was back in like sixteen, but I was up with the noseblie. Yeah, called you and Taylor.
Speaker 2: Bro when we were in this second row down here on the floor. Dude, Like it was insane.
Speaker 1: Bro, the most insane shit is you go and sit down that row and it's taped off with your names on it, and like literally one will say well Compton, another one will say Taylor one, and the one next year we'll say Mark walperg It's all right.
Speaker 2: I mean it was under your name, so both were Taylor Lawan, you got Taylor Wan Taylor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: By Taylor though right there was a homie plus.
Speaker 2: He said he said it a couple of times. I think one time he said it to me. It was just me and him talking. I'm just like, hey, it's like it's.
Speaker 1: It's so you know you. But anyway, like you're sitting there and dude, it's like, bro, obviously forty five is sitting right at the front with Dana like in that. We'll get into that in a second. But then like right in front of us, Mark Walper, but then and his crew was sitting right next ex us one row behind right in front of me to the left, dude is my king Johnny Knoxville sits down with his wife next to him, Stea, which I think we can talk about the beef is swashed maybe, I mean we need Yeah, you're right, you're right him and then like Miles Talers, Miles Taylor's, Miles Taylor, Mel Gibson. It's just nuts, dude, and it's like we have the obviously the nut boys are there too, right next to us.
Speaker 2: I mean, Shane's he's down the way, but he's there. He's like right behind it. Goggins, he's behind Joe and the DC Daniel Cormier, he's behind the commentators.
Speaker 1: Yeah, David fucking Goggins. It was nuts. It was insane. It was nuts, dude.
Speaker 2: I was just looking around there several moments, said and I are just looking and we're just like, you know, how in the fuck are we here.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things where you don't even like talk, you're just kind of looking and go this is crazy, and you go back to just being in the moment of everything that's going on. Luckily, dude, Jack and j PI are there to capture moments because Will and I are just kind of sitting there like, holy fuck, this is so cool to be a part of. At that close of those I said, all the fights were fucking amazing, incredible card. It was so much fun. And so we're sitting there and uh, obviously Knoxville's there and Wills like, I gotta get you a photo with mym Like, no, dude, just let him. I was like, was a comments Like THEO would lean back and say something to me, and then I may a comment back. And there was one time I made a comment. I saw Knoxville laugh at the comment. I thought, I thought everything I can't remember. It was like THEO said something and then I said, like, we're talking about getting hit, hitting the dick and then waiting this long, all this whole crowd just waiting for your penis to feel better. And then we talked about it'd be better to have a small dick in this situation, and then having a big dick. Big dicks was a bigger target. Anyway, I said about a big dick, and Knoxville hit like a you could see him laughing. I'm like, yes, yes, I know. I was trying to get I wasn't trying to buy totale.
Speaker 2: I'm like, by the end of this, because he left early, Johnny left early before the main event, I was like at the end of this, like I'm getting you a photo. I don't give a shit. I'm letting you know right now, I'm gonna go over to John. Hey, my boy behind you. He is such a massive fan, A little shy, a little nervous when I ask, but he would It would be unreal if you guys got a photo together. But he did end up leaving early. By the way, his skin, his skin is phenomenal. He really keeps up well with his face. Phenomenal skin.
Speaker 1: But at one point, dude, here's here's what I'll say about a president of the United States. You're just addressing I'm addressing it because one thing I'm proud of is our comment section is pretty even of Democrats Republicans. Oh you were.
Speaker 2: I remember JP being like, hey, the comment section is pretty fucking all over the places, like you know that's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: You know that's gonna happen. But I've also had people that are a Democrats reach out to me and be like, yo, what the fuck. I'm like, here's the deal. If there's a president, I say, regless if he's a Republican or Democrat. Like, if there's a president, you have the opportunity to shake their hand at one point, or is now the leader of the free world.
Speaker 2: You get a photo, like that's cool, it doesn't matter. I mean, it's fucking it's Donald. Trump's literally sitting no farther than ten feet away from us the entire fight, and he's nice to everybody coming up to him.
Speaker 1: And I look over to Taylor, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Hey, because Danny, he's sitting next to Dana the whole time, because they're obviously boys. And I look over Tailor I'm like, kill, like, we gotta get a photo. We gotta get a photo.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, so I had Dana, but I was like, hey, can we get a photo with you in forty five? And he takes back absolutely yeah. So right before the main card comes out, and it's like, hey, come on, well, even before that, Dana's like, introduces me and Will to Trump and we shake his hand, dude, and in true Trump fashion, he goes a couple of big, strong men. Yeah, oh, strong good looking men. You have a couple of strong, good looking men to us, And I'm just thinking that's exactly and then you want to hear this, yeah yeah, fuck bro, so funny, and then we take that photo and he looks at me and he goes, you're doing great. I'm thinking, bro, you know, idea what I'm doing. That's so fucking funny. You just say that ship and he just is exactly what you've seen him as with all his lines and stuff like that. Like it was. It was a phenomenal experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was, uh the only one I was intimidated to get a picture for, like to ask, like, because obviously we shook Trump's hand and I'm thinking, like, yeah, we like, let's just take a photo, Like I'm sure it feels kind of weird, but everybody was coming up to him and all the all the like celebs, the movie stars and stuff like that. Like everybody's being super friendly, so you didn't feel you didn't feel dumb being like, yeo, let's get a photo. But the only one I was intimidated by, which Jack and JP did was David Goggins. I saw him and I'm like, you know, he probably just doesn't want to be fucking bothered whatsoever. He's thinking about running right now? Yeah, yeah, he wants to just stay hard as fuck. He just loves watching the guys in the octagon. You know, he doesn't want to take photos. Yeah, but he was probably the only one. I was like, I'll just let him just do his thing. That's how it was, Johnny, I want to appreciate Yeah, Or that David Goggins is in the building.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, that was a It was just an unbelievably cool, all around awesome time.
Speaker 2: And then like getting to meet David Spade Joe Dirt like he that's when he walked by and I was like, hey, man, I just want to say it like I've been a massive fan of you forever.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, good to see man.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking, like, you have no clue who I am, but I'm just being a fan. But I was just like, man, he's just I just wanted to say, like, I've been a big fan of all that stuff.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: But one person that did recognize us, Smart Wahlberg. Yeah, like he came and sat down. He got there a little after the main the main cards started, and he was turning the corner and saying, oh, what's up, dude. How he was doing? But we're like, oh, yeah, gave me a little bit longer. Look, you're the motherfucker dude that bodied them. Oh you're in Transformers. Yeah, oh you're in transfers. But yeah, it was fun. Due a couple of cameras came by. Obviously, I mean we're being stupid as fuck in the background of these yeah, I mean those are the ops, man, those are the ops.
Speaker 2: Like we knew we were sitting behind like Trump was obviously in front of Wahlburg. Wahlberg sitting in front of us. They're even showing Max because Max is the guy for the Raiders, so you're like, oh man, there's gonna be so many opportunities to just to sneak a little.
Speaker 1: Photo bombing there. Yeah, get in the camera, getting some camera action. Some day, dude, someday we'll be highlighting. No that that's our moment. Yeah, that's our moment behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: Aw some I don't know what account it was, but they were showing all the big celebrities and stuff there, and you.
Speaker 3: Guys made it there.
Speaker 1: No way, cool cool about it. Cool, be cool, be cool. It's overall great experience. Dude. We go back to Gamble Red Rocks and you know, Data hit me up the next day saying, hey, man, I passed out my bed, which is fun, but we did. I did keep everybody up a long time to go gamble and then ended up irish could buying everyone too.
Speaker 2: So I'm just glad you said it's all that's that's all you need to I did it was it was one the you des irish you goodbye is all this. I'm just thinking, that's not that's not the deal. That's not what I'm trying to hear right now, dude, when.
Speaker 1: I do it? No, all right, I get it. There's a double standard. I really do you understand? You do understand the situation. I know a hundred percent understand. Do you want me to explain it so you feel better? No?
Speaker 2: No, I just don't know if you're you're hitting me with the jugs. I'm thinking, no, bro, I understand.
Speaker 1: When I did that, I literally like, once you tench it, I can't believe you did that. I'm thinking, all right. I literally got my key card and I was gonna walk back downstairs because you faced. I was like, oh no, we're going back up. Yeah, And I was like, I'm coming back down right now. I had Shane the next day. I was like, hey, how was Jack Carlow. No response, It's like probably still sleeping, probably, dude. He went to Harlow at two am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you didn't go on till two thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we're literally at the airport being like he's they're probably still at the concert, and it's like, dude, and that flight was miserable, wasn't.
Speaker 2: As bad for myself, Like I felt like I got in a good a good few hours, gonna tape the mouth shut. I had the sleep mask, I had the A one, I had the emergency exit with all the leg room.
Speaker 1: My boy, my six foot one buddy over here, took the all leg room. I was hot, but like it was because I was so overtired, like I was met at everything, no question where we're all. Everybody's on it, everybody's ready, just for an on edge Mike low Ki. I wanted that seat so bad, and when he took it, there was a piece of me that felt stolen, like that ship was stolen from me.
Speaker 2: But I want me to look across the other side. I'm just thinking. I just thought, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I go and sit in the seat on the other aisle, and I had plenty of mind. I could extend my legs all the way, like I was perfectly comfortable. I was like, all right, this is that's what you sit there and go, yeah, you're just tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because when we were going back and forth, that's why I was trying to sell you. I was trying to sell you on that. I was like, dude, I swear to the other side because which you would say true. Now Yeah, yeah, it was like the one with the eggs a row and all the extra leg room that same row. It's more of like a regular closer to a regular seat than like an extra leg room emergency row. I was like, on the other side, when they go threes, you're gonna get more leg room over there the.
Speaker 1: Shitty partner is so you just don't get to sit by each other. Yeah, but I will say I think I like that seat better really thinking about it, because the exit row that you have, there's no seat in front of you. The two like things you can't move up and like kind of get out of the way. This one, that far one you have just as much leg room, but you can't like you can move the little arms get arrest, you know, the little arm rest put them up. You can put them up. So I look, he was like, this might be my new move. Honestly, if I can pull this one off. It was nice. It was a nice little deal.
Speaker 2: That's a massive win in the amidst adversity. Yeah, you know what I mean, absolutely, But was there anything? Oh, the flight, dude back. Obviously it's a five am flight, so all the windows are up. My window, I tried to put it.
Speaker 1: Up the two weeks hours behind about that. I put it up and then I let go and we go and there'd be this much room, and for whatever reason, like it kept me up a little bit more than I wanted to.
Speaker 2: Your eyes are closed, but you're just thinking about the wind. That being noun, so you can't actually calm that as.
Speaker 1: No I could think. Obviously, when I close my eyes now it's like a little more red because there's so much light. And it was like I would I at one point close my eyes, grabbed it and lifted it up and it was all dark, and I was like, this motherfucker, this fucking little thing right here. It was broken. I was mad about that too. So this is what it is. Yeah, at that point, seventy two hour nap, two hours and what five plus two? So seven hours of sleep. Just tough, dude, fucking tough. All all the other slept fourteen hours.
Speaker 2: Overall four point five. I'd say, no question. I think a four point five trip if I've ever seen Yeah, that's four point five for sure. Should we were an hour end? Should we do shout out? No free shout out in pet peep of the week?
Speaker 1: I got mine? Yeah, all right, you want to go first? Second? Oh we're doing pet peper shout out?
Speaker 2: All my list pulls up right now, shout out, no free shout out, min shout out, no free shout out is going to go to good neighbors. You just can't beat having good neighbors. We're gone and we need something, whether it's the trash to be taken out or hey, the delivery happened, you mind going to grab and holding on to it.
Speaker 1: We have a good set of neighbors.
Speaker 2: I won't say their names because I don't know if they want to be I don't know if they want to be said they want their names to be said. But we have some fucking phenomenal neighbors across the street.
Speaker 1: And uh, that's my shout out. Dude.
Speaker 2: I just feel like you have good neighbors like it makes life. It makes your house that much better because you know you're taking care of.
Speaker 1: That's a great shot out, no free shout out. My shoutout no free shoutout goes to when you're driving a vehicle on the highway during a big rainstorm and you get that split second the piece when you go over go under a bridge. It's like that is the moment where you're kind of like regaining yourself and being able to be like, all right, we were safe because there are all those rainfalls where like, holy fuck, dude, it's really coming down. You guys, think yourself, I'm being extra safe right now with the way I'm driving and that little moment a piece of driving under a bridge. That's my SHOUTOUWT no free shut up. That's good. That was a good one, Thanks brother, thank you. I actually got that from somebody on Twitter. Somebody commented or dm ME that I was like, oh my keep that's a fucking good one to shout out to the individual at dm ME. I don't remember your name. It's almost better to just be like, oh yeah, I guess that's fair.
Speaker 2: It almost be better to say the name if you like remember it, so be like hey, I'm using this, or just don't.
Speaker 1: Say her name at all, just actly and just take all the credit. Yeah, that's not me, that's not me. I'm fucking I'll have my people's back. Do you guys want to do one in the back there? You you want to go straight to pet Peeve. I've got one, go ahead and it.
Speaker 4: Pertains this weekend. But I'm shutting out to accessible transportation. And I say that I mean shout out to our boy John at the Red Rock.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: No better feeling than being at any event, especially we're in Vegas when it's so chaotic, there's so much traffic and things going on that when we need to leave a place and be somewhere in twenty minutes, we walk out of a building and there's a vehicle waiting to take us to wherever we.
Speaker 3: Want to be.
Speaker 4: It makes you feel really important and also just like alleviates a lot of unneeded stress, and you like and we're always in some like really nice escalade or like a twenty person passenger van for four people. So shout out to our boy John the Red Rock and really accessible, not.
Speaker 2: Just a vehicle sitting out there, but Johnny with high vibes going have fun.
Speaker 3: He's like you see that fight and you're like, John, come hang out with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he did, he did, he did come hang out for a little bit. I love John's He'll hit me up. He'll ly text me like on a Wednesday and but bro, I hope you're doing great, hope you're having a great day, and then gives me one of these Yeah, I can't, dude, you're the best a fuck with John so had man, he's like all those people do that. The customer service at Red Rocks is just stupid. It's like, I can't even I've never experienced anything like that. They take good care of you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, I've been to five star places. I've been there, I've seen the areas, and I don't think I've ever gotten taken care of what I do a Red Rocks they have.
Speaker 2: They have great customer service that of like a Chick fil Ay or I need and out establishment.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I also want to give a shout out to Joe as well. Joe who always hooks us up, always there, walks us up to the room. He's incredible. Bleak. They had gray Beard, Yeah, handsome individual. Yeah, great beard, So shout at him too, obviously Blair and Strown as well. All right, onward, uh Pet peeve.
Speaker 2: My pet peeve of the week is going to be not putting away your beIN at the airport.
Speaker 1: I hate when.
Speaker 2: The belt or whatever starts to get crammed and people just grab their stuff and they go and they don't put away their band, they don't stack them. I'll sit there and stack them because it just for whatever reason, it bothers me. It's almost like people who don't like clean up the rim of a toilet seed or something like that. I just hate when we're putting away your shopping cart, like when it's just out in the middle somewhere people like leave their shopping cart, like just fucking put your shit away insecurity, like, you know, it gets backed up enough at times, not that we were in any really any of those situations, but you want to keep that thing flowing smooth, and to do so, we also have to do our part as Jim Pop, as the pedestrian, to make sure we keep everything organized and flowing smoothly for our for the common man behind us ready to go and get on their flights. You might could be running behind and you're cramming it up with not stacking your bins, and then it gets all the way up there. If you've got to hang on a second, you know you do it. But I digress Peppe for the week. Not putting away your bins at the airport.
Speaker 1: Now there is there is a couple of places you go to. I believe uh Gordion might be one where there's a sign specifically that says do not stack bins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if it's like set on a sign. But most spots you're going to, you're lying those things up so you can get them down. So because if you don't, people are gonna sit there and stand in front of the empty bind. Everybody's gonna start stacking in behind each other and say, you're behind me and you see your bin come out because maybe mine got got and I didn't see it. I'm staying there, so you got to like reach over me and get excuse me. I'm just gonna get my stuff. And then maybe the other person's ride behind it, and everybody's just right there on top of each other.
Speaker 1: It's just like, yo, take your ben.
Speaker 2: So everybody can kind of wait down the belt line themselves for their own bin. Oh that's mine, slide it down a little faster. Help everybody out, man. That's what I'm about at the airport.
Speaker 1: One thing you brought up to about the shopping cart, like that takes an extra effort, especially if you're not near the cart thing. But that is a needed thing in the society we need, right, no doubt you need to take that extra effort to put that that grocery cart away.
Speaker 2: And listen, I'm the one of the laziest people that I know. That's why I park right next to the fucking shop, which is a balls move. And everybody says that like, oh, it could get hit, it could get this, and I'm like, I don't give a fuck, Like if I'm pushing the fucking shopping cart out, I want to put my shit away, and I want to put that the shopping cart right right next to the truck.
Speaker 1: There is a level of being like fuck, man, when you see you're in an empty parking lot with a shopping cart and you're like, I could just leave this motherfucker here.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but I like the game of like, you know, get it and push and say get it in and then yeah, if it curves off on the sideline, man, I just need a little bit more of the right angle and then I just go.
Speaker 1: But you got another cart. My pet peeve of the week is gonna go to paper straws. Hmmm that ship, dude, Yes, sir, you fucking you. If I I black Ey's coffee, That's what I drink it in the mornings. Especially if you put a paper straw in my shit, I gotta I'm thinking to myself, I gotta chug this coffee otherwise I'm gonna be in hell in the next three minutes. It's so solty you can barely get the juice out. You're sucking the shit out thing no pause, and it's just like whole It's like what, like, what do we do? What happened to save paper? Used plastic? And I get it. Plastic's not good. We saw one turtle with something up its nose once where like this can't happen ever again. But I thought it slipped to the save uh plastic, use paper. Maybe I was. I think it was in the back of the day. I think it was maybe before you were born, Mitch. I think before I was a young lad, I would say say paper, use plastic. I don't know, I might have to get fact check. When our grandparents were young, yeah, they were big on using plastic. Then, but there's a lot of other things you do hemp hemp. You can make straws at a hemp do that.
Speaker 2: Because when you mentioned the paper shawls, like, dude, I'm fucking with you, like we need more plastic, and you're like relaxed brother, like you're like you're like him, can get the job done to all right, Missouri just popping out, You're right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a it's a fucking it's annoying. It's so annoying because, especially if it's a drink like a coffee, you kind of want to sit it. You don't want to drink it too fast. It's like, dude, I can't be having this paper in my life. Like that soggy too and then oggy it's just tough. So that's my that's my peppy of the week. Well, do you have any pet peeves out there you want to say?
Speaker 5: I'll do one.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: My peppie of the week is it typically only happens when you're eating like a hot dog or hamburger. But it's when like your ketchup or mustard gets down the end and like you're you're trying to squeeze obviously, like squeeze it out and then it just fucking splatters everywhere.
Speaker 5: Then it just gets on.
Speaker 6: You, like all over your plate, all over your other clothes or your other food, and it just you're like, what the fuck, just pisses you off really quick, and now you have shit everywhere, all over your plate. So my pet peeve is when those your condiment bottles just square it everywhere.
Speaker 1: I'm with that.
Speaker 2: That's why you get Take that motherfucker and you're stabbing somebody. Just throw that thing down, try to get at the edge. But it still does it if it's especially if it's light.
Speaker 1: Especially for the rookie move too. Like a rookie move is when you take a a square bottle of ketchup and you just quickly turn it down and squeeze it. It's like half full and you get that water ketch up. That ship is fucking off. Happened to me a few days ago. Get it. But it's as you literally sit there and like you get mad at the situation. Then you realize, like, I have no one to blame by myself, no doubt, because you know you can just kind of put your finger on the tip, give it a quick shake and you'll never have to deal with that little weird water that shit does fuck up a day, that fus up a day. Uh, before we get into Kelsey, is there anything you want to ask us Jack?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have a twisted question of the week, and is there anything that we have to preface saying it? Like? Yeah, well there's an ad if you want to go ahead and rip that to introduce line for line.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely, this would this be what it is?
Speaker 2: Are you sure that this one, like this last, this question is going to be the twisted question?
Speaker 1: Gotcha? That?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Keep it twisted This summer with Twisted tea.
Speaker 2: It tastes like realized tea because it's made with real brew tea, meaning it.
Speaker 1: Is absolutely fucking delicious, real brood tea with a kick full of flavor and very refreshing.
Speaker 2: Twisted Tea turns up the heat at any occasion, making it the perfect product for any summer occasion, daytime, nighttime, outdoors, pull side in bed, doesn't matter, goes down smooth.
Speaker 1: There is no carbonation, which makes it easy to drink all day long.
Speaker 2: Not to mention football season, but it's the best product to sip on while watching your favorite team.
Speaker 1: Twisted Tea feels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game day.
Speaker 2: Twisted t is the perfect alcohol beverage for game day, whether tailgating in the parking lot, watching at a bar, or watching with your boys at home. Twist the Tea is there to turn up your game day. Heep it twisted. Grab a refreshing twisted tea today.
Speaker 4: Okay, So for our twisted question, going along with Vegas, we are going to do fuck Mary Kill with some of the biggest celebrity names we saw this weekend. We could have done the same three for both of y'all, but we're gonna do individual the kind of tailors to y'all's taste. Okay, so will We're gonna start with you, fuck Mary Kill, David Goggins, Joe Rogan, and Miles Teller.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Now we're talking like fuck Mary Kill. Legit, we're talking sharing a life. Oh yeah, sharing a life. And if we get divorced, I get fifty.
Speaker 1: Oh, you'll probably sign a prenup. Homy, You'll probably have to sign a prenup. Maybe one might have to sign a prenup. If that's what my mouth do, depends on how that throat works. Before I'm out, of the prenup. No doubt. You don't want to do that, do you? You don't want to preen up?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's kind of like going in with your fingers crossed, right, like we shouldn't do that?
Speaker 1: Was this thing for real? Mary? Fuck kill you, said Rogan Goggins. Tell her correct. That's an easy one for me. Yeah, I'm gonna marry Rogan. One.
Speaker 2: Marrying Rogan just fucking yeah. The other one's a little You think it's easy? Yeah for me when I think about it. Yeah, yeah, I think you marry Rogan just because nobody really knows of of all the uh the big account.
Speaker 1: Not that I'm a gold digger, but he does very well.
Speaker 2: I won't just take some like horsty wormer and some fucking pepties for the rest of our lives. I'm gonna fuck tell her he's a good looking cat. You wish he had a little bit more of a strong jaw line. Maybe he can start taping his mouth shut when he sleeps a night. It might help open up the nasal breathing a little bit to help adopt and develop a stronger jaw. But I'm gonna go with Miles Teller because he looked phenomenal in uh Top Gun Maverick, especially when he got sweaty and he explaining it on the beach with the boys and they're all kind of like shredded up, and you're like, oh, I gotta go, I gotta hit right, and then I'm gonna kill David Goggins for sure.
Speaker 1: You don't want nobody yelling at you.
Speaker 2: I think he's he's been divorced a few times, but you could just imagine saying like.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna use the rest of the toothpaste? Rather take it easy? Like it's pretty much empty. Yeah, he killed Goggins too. You're probably free to move about any part of the world too. You go to those troubled countries, yeah, you know that America's fine. They're like, oh, this guy's killed one of them. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: And you just don't want to wake up in the middle of the night and he's screaming like the same thing, who's going to carry the boats? And it's just like, sweetheart, you're you're having you're having a night terror, You're having a night there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do wills you can all. I would marry Teller, fuck Rogan, kill Goggins. Why is that Rogan seems busy. I don't know if he give me the time I need. Tell her is more handsome. Cat. We both have PSI seconds. So I feel like, you guys travel, he seems to travel. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it. I feel like, yeah, I think I would go there, Rogan. I'd probably fuck Rogan and be like, if you don't pay me, I'm gonna tell Will because you guys are married.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Rogan, it's almost that's beneficial, Like he's got to work all the time, so you'll get your I'll get my free time, I'll get my hang out with the boys, hang out with the bros.
Speaker 1: That's probably what I would do for those three.
Speaker 4: But just for fun, let's do your list and then will you can follow up? Uh so for the following Shane Gillis, Johnny Knoxville, Mark Wahlberg.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm not trying to fuck Shane oh By, Like look at that.
Speaker 1: Shane's got that. Yeah, he's got that.
Speaker 2: He's got that body too, that just doesn't see any daylight, not any day of the week.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the bruises easy, pat him on the back there and a well for a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's gonna it's gonna turn all the shades of colors yellow right before it gets back to that skin tone.
Speaker 4: Give me those names again, Shane Gillis, Johnny Knoxville, Mark Wahlberg.
Speaker 1: Ah, I'm gonna I'm gonna kill Wahburg. What And this is where I kind of run into a struggle because if it's just the boys hanging out and we're just like Mary, we're just kind of sleeping. As long as we're moving to my house and not Shane's, I'd probably marry Shane. I'm fucking Knoxville because Shane a homie, and if you just chill as like, you know, the whole sex thing would be tough for two reasons. I'm not gay, and what he talked about with shame, let me switch it. I think that's what your list is. And Knox was kind of old Marry the Dog. Yea, I'm gonna marry a dog. I'm gonna Mary the Dog. I'm gonna I'm gonna fuck Knoxville. I'm gonna kill Wallburg. You know. I feel like like it kind of goes into well your things with Goggins, Like Walburg got a crazy schedule too, He's up at three. I like my sleep. I don't wanna sor right, I just tell him not to wake you up. He will, he will, he gets up line, he's he's got this age. Wallburg's at the age where he gets out of bed and goes that makes all the fucking noises the whole time. Probably turns on some motivational music. He's probably got some Bible on tape that he listens to while he brushes his teeth. Like, there's a lot of ship that I'd be woken up by. So that's probably where I And then if you get to chill with the dog, you know, we'd probably have to put in a couple of rules about the bedroom and putting pillows up and stuff like that. But yeah, I think we'd be all right. I think that's I think I like that list.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go, uh, I'm killing Shane because he dodged him downs, Like you know, he's got that chromosome in there to where you can't really procreate with him. So I don't think I want to reproduce with Shane. I'm going to fuck Johnny Knoxville, silver Fox, great skin. You know, he's a great time jackass. All this stuff he's done. You know he's probably great in bed, and then I'm going to marry Wahlberg. Those who pray together stay together, and I think Mark and I would we would have.
Speaker 1: A while you're married, Mo Whlburg a very fruitful life together. What I found out in this Mary fuck kill his will is a gold digger, Like, do you Marryon Wahlburg for the money? No?
Speaker 2: I was Mary wall was just maryon Wahlberg because I wanted to say those who pray together stay together.
Speaker 1: I just want to say that.
Speaker 2: Rogan, It's like, you know, it's that's such an obvious marriage there, you know what I mean. Podcasters Rogan, comedians Yeah, jacked, Yeah, I get it, questioning everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're doing shrooms and.
Speaker 2: Getting high with Rogan, like you're about to have a great time late at night, whatever it is, laughing at whatever going down, whatever conspiracy wormhole that may be on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Check this out, check this out.
Speaker 2: We're having a fucking awesome time outside of the fifty split.
Speaker 1: If he ever wants to divorce me and I gotta taking the court. Yeah, all right, begetting to the Kelsey podcast. Here's gonna enjoy this one.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Kelsey's had a massive year that he won the Super Bowl hosted S and L. We'll get into that he started a podcast right with this season, literally the smartest time he could possibly start a podcast, him and his brother making it the Super Bowl. People are literally calling it the Kelsey Bowl. Incredible, dude. Obviously we talk about playing with Pat Kansas City Barbecue. He was in town for tight End you, so we get into our tear talk, which happens to be the best tight end quarterback duos. A great a great pod, a fun pod. We had a twisted question with him that I think we did a good job with and so you guys are in for an absolute treat. Thank you for seeking with us, dude, thank you for seeing what this like. Holloween. We've been going about an hour, so those who stay those tier ones, we appreciate you. Here ones are all about it. It's the news to Kansas City faithful.
Speaker 2: It's been like, why we listen to these cocksuckers for over an hour before listen to you? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I'm a very big rival to Kansas City Kansas City fans, but if you're here and you've loved it, make sure to subscribe to the boys were always this bus needs to get bigger, dude. Yeah, but before we get into Kelsey episode, this podcast is brought to you by Bolero, the world's largest owner and operator of bowling centers all around, with over three hundred and twenty five locations throughout the United States currently located in thirty four states.
Speaker 1: Well I'm Blaro is known for reinventing one of America's oldest pastimes into a new and unforgettable experience with modern and beautifully designed venues, expanse of arcades, premium senature cocktails, and a creative menu.
Speaker 2: Now we're here to introduce the Barstool Bolero Invitational. Listen of Boys is this summer's most anticipated event.
Speaker 1: Joining the Invitational is easy. Simply enter your name and visit and visit any Bolero near you and bowl for your chance to be entered to win one of our ultimate prizes, including limited edition barstool bowling gear and event at any Bolero and the Ultimate Grand Prize, which includes tickets to the Super Bowl and NBA Finals plus a trip to Barstool Bolero Invitational Finale in Chicago on August ninth.
Speaker 2: The fund doesn't stop here. Enjoy a guaranteed spot on the lanes. When you reserve a lane or book an event at at a bowlo at a Bolero near you, visit Bolero dot com, use promo code Barstool for fifteen percent off your next lane reservation. This offer is only valid through August thirty.
Speaker 1: First visit www dot bolero dot com. Forward slash Barstool to learn more about the Barstool Bolero Invitational. Starting July twelfth, The participation is open until July twenty third.
Speaker 2: Zero skill required. All participants have an equal chance of winning.
Speaker 1: To find any To find a participating center near you, visit www dot bolero dot com. Forward slash Enjoy, Travis Kelsey, all the boys man grinding, grinding it out. You know what it's like podcast.
Speaker 5: Banking these things or what sweet?
Speaker 2: For sure we get you and all that. Oh yes, we get you guys in town. We'll get the backlog a few you know, the you know, you know the grind a little bit. Now it's dog It is a grind at that.
Speaker 7: Especially after the season, I was like, holy shit, I didn't know I was gonna get myself into all this.
Speaker 1: Is there like a lot of deliverables you guys had to hit.
Speaker 7: Oh, I was just I was only thinking it was going to be like the season, and then it ended up being what it was because we blew the fuck up.
Speaker 5: Dude, you were just keep asking for it. I'm just like, I mean, if.
Speaker 1: You look at a line of when you guys decided to make that, there's not a better timeline, possibly the greatest mix.
Speaker 7: It was stupid how it all timed up and how it all kind of meshed together. Man, how did it start? Like, how'd you get into that? Who had?
Speaker 1: You know? Who had to? I think, uh, I mean, I think it goes back to twenty eighteen, right if you think what you said.
Speaker 2: How do you get the idea for the the motivators.
Speaker 7: One thousand percent? You guys definitely paved the way thousand percent, And you guys, you guys made it fucking look like it was a blast, you know what I mean. Like I'm sitting here, like, man, those guys are enjoying every single one of these things kind of created their own fucking world. Like one thousand percent. We definitely, uh, we definitely saw you guys doing it. It was like, man, this looks like something that we might be able to jump into as well. So I I think we got hit up with about podcasting, and I was like, the only way I'd do it is if I did it with my brother. And I think from there, me and Jason always wanted to do something together in the entertainment world, and there's just kind of like the the transition into it.
Speaker 2: I guess was Jason all in from the start because he's obviously he's been somebody who hasn't been like a he's never been like a social media guy like that.
Speaker 1: I know he's been pressing. He's a massive he won the Super Bowl back in the day.
Speaker 2: He gave that talk's elite talk elite. I remember Chris Long would always say, like how he pressed Jason, like, hey, you should do more, you should do more classic offensive Lineman, plastic offensive that I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to group many group of dudes, special group who who approached you? Said people approached you a poast.
Speaker 7: Were a few different production like companies that kind of came to the board or they came to the table. I would say, I really don't want to throw any names out there because we ended up choosing Wave Sports over all of them. So it's kind of like they hit us up about it, and it kind of had the best, like I don't know, line of action to go forward, and we vibe with them the most in terms of like the writing and this and like how we script everything out per show. And from there it was kind of just getting my brother on board. He's a he's a stubborn dude and like real business mentality, so it was like for him to weigh out the options. I was just like, I mean, these guys were fun to kind of hang with. Yeah, you don't want to deal with them. My brother's like going through like the business side of things. I'm like, listen, however, we got to get the same going.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, man, I right now, all right now, right now?
Speaker 1: You know we got that in that When when it first started, did you think to yourself like it was gonna blow up as quick as it did?
Speaker 7: Chance, there's no way why not hurry? I don't know, man, You know.
Speaker 1: What, that's imposter syndrome you got going because literally, you arguably one of the best, there's nothing, arguably one of the best tight ends of all time. Your brother, who is going to be a Hall of Famer, has won a Super Bowl. Both of you already won a Super Bowl Like, it's you guys are essentially the new JJ Watt brothers. He started. You guys are essentially the new Darling Brothers in the NFL.
Speaker 5: Dude, Yeah, no, it was.
Speaker 7: I definitely didn't expect to get that much fucking you know what it was. It was the East Coast is the Philly like like crowd nuts that I don't realize how big that city is and how crazy they are until like we started the podcast and you start seeing how much like the comments and everything is real like Philly kind of heavy.
Speaker 2: So what were you most nervous about doing podcasts after every game?
Speaker 7: Andy Reid? Oh, real, Andy Reid, There was no like I was like. The first thing I thought, I was like, coach is gonna kill me if I really do this.
Speaker 1: You just get him a greasy snack.
Speaker 7: Just catch a ball on third and ten and then right, yeah, no he I'll tell you what coach he does. He does a good job of keeping guys in line, even though he likes to have fun with it. Man, and uh, he's not a big like media guy. So when we actually got him on New Heights, it was, man, it was fucking fireworks. Me and my brother were both sitting there like uptight, like couldn't even So we're just like going down the list of like questions, just making sure that we like, I don't know, just asked him the right ship and didn't like wander off into telling too many stories about that we were probably gonna have to delete.
Speaker 1: So incredible episode, by the way, Thank you man. Once you get your head coach on, it's like, all right, everything's kind a fair game here. That was with us in Rabel, Dude, come on, We're like, we're good, we're solid because we were nervous come from the Patriot Tree. We were nervous for that. Yeah, I know, But that that was when he was just peppering you and I was kind of just off the side. Watch my boy get an hour and a half it to you.
Speaker 2: Did you talk about cutting his stick off for a super Bowl? And that's what helped. That's what spiked us for real.
Speaker 1: Shout out the podcast shouts on that one. We needed them on that, dude. But when you talk about looking at questions, do you write out your own questions or does this production company write at all the questions for you guys?
Speaker 5: They pretty much do everything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I kind of just I'll have like one or two things that I want to ask whoever we have on there, or if we'd like go through the run of show and I'll like kind of think of something on the spot, I'll just shoot it and either it's asked and it gets deleted, or we keep it and it was a banger. So yeah, in terms of like the creativity of it all, I kind of just leave that up to the professionals, so I can just show up and have some fun.
Speaker 1: Man do your thing.
Speaker 2: That's part of the reason why you chose him too, because you felt like you got along and they all these guys, you know, they got some humor, they kind of think the way we do and ship like that exactly because they got a couple. Now it's like you guys, and then Paul Georgia, I believe, yeah, he's he's They got to go on with him too. What the brothers do the darling brothers? Like, what was growing up with your brother?
Speaker 1: Like you guys always super competive years, always the because you guys from the onside looking in seemed like the closest dudes.
Speaker 5: Of all time.
Speaker 7: I mean, every everything you can think of at dinner time, we're playing cards to video games, outside, playing every fucking sport you can imagine, just competing at everything, and he had anger management, so I knew how to like take it there and then just.
Speaker 1: Never acted on, never tried to fix it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just kind of like tamed him down, just like, yeah, all right, well, don't fucking piss this guy off. Everybody in the city now not to piss chasing off. And he was he was kind of like that guy. So I was like, I could just live happy, go lucky because everybody was scared of my fucking brother throughout the city. So I'm like all the other freshmen are getting picked on in high school, I'm kind of just walking the halls like I've been there for years, and uh, that's kind of how throughout I don't know, even going to college and then into the league. It was kind of being able to just bounce off of him because he's been at every single step already before me. But he Yeah, he definitely he was the ultimate competitor and just a fucking mad man, dude.
Speaker 2: Was it always the type of situation to where whether you beat him at anything something as small as a video game in Madden to where he's just fuming because younger brother beat him. I'm trying to think back of time.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't even do it, wouldn't even it wouldn't even get to the end of the game. He would feel like it was about to like and he would just just flare up and just fucking Yeah.
Speaker 5: I knew.
Speaker 7: I knew when to push the buttons and when not to push the buttons. Trial and air, you get your ass beat. You don't want to get your ass beat again. Yeah, So it's like, you know, you know where to take it and where to like reel it back. But we really, we really didn't get into that many fights because I knew how crazy he was and I wasn't gonna go down that road.
Speaker 2: And you're just thinking like, oh, this ain't word like dude, like, hey, chill out, man, it's not worth it today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: When you so, you guys are together your whole lives, you go to college together, and you guys obviously had drafted different teams. Was that tough for you to not be with your brother because it seemed like he has are attached.
Speaker 7: To it was it was weird. It was weird because they took ERTZ. Yeah, so they took Arth. It was a very i want to say, exact same player, but we're very like similar in terms of our skill sets, you know what I mean. So it was kind of like a slap in the face from the Eagles, and I was like, damn, these motherfuckers took my fucking dream to play with my brother in the league. Man, especially when it was right there and Andy Reid called and I was like, all right, I'm good, I'm good. Yeah, Andy's gonna down some ship up for me, and he's dialed. Dude, He's switched the entire position. I mean, my my job in the offense isn't just to be a typical tight end, you know what I mean. He evolved this thing. It was when I first got there, like my first probably five six years, I was a I was an inline blocker, like doing a lot of the full like wide tight end stuff in like base game plans and stuff. And now it's just evolved into a completely different offense because of a guy named Patrick Mahomes, but also because I can do more stuff and kind of affect the perimeter a little bit different.
Speaker 1: How good of a feeling was it when you realize I don't really got to block anymore. I can kind of go out there and you know, believe in across sift.
Speaker 7: Once in a while, blocking does get you open on the specific like situations, specific plays and stuff like that. So I mean, I like to get in there, you know what I mean, get dirty a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I mean. You know what I mean, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: But it's uh, yeah, you know what I mean. You got to stick your face in the fan when when needed. But it's uh, it's definitely fun getting out there and getting a lot more catches, uh than just banging heads all day.
Speaker 1: Beating Big Bro in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: I wash. That was weird, man, it was weird. It was a it was a weird feeling. It was like getting the second one was like that's me, this is me, Yeah, I'm him. I do this, this is what I fucking do. And then you see your brother and you're like, fuck, I just took that opportunity away from him. It's like, you know how he feels. And it's just like, man, because I lost a fucking Super Bowl and that ship sucks. Going into the Tampa Bay Super Bowl, Man, that ship was fucking the worst feeling ever feeling.
Speaker 1: Dude, fucking it's a dog, right, there is a dog. He is a dog in there in there. That motherfucker's nice too. Yeah, there's stuff. Yeah, So I don't know.
Speaker 7: I just knew how I had a like I could feel how he felt, but always but all in the same like realm, I'm seeing the guys that I just did it with and like it's like yeah, and then it's like.
Speaker 2: Oh, and because there's almost a damn man, just my brother just got yeah and it was almost last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he would have you don't have to tell. I think he was going to retire for your one. He can come on the bus and heiself.
Speaker 7: I don't I don't talk to him a lot. But I think that fourteen million dollars is hard to pass out, so very true, whether or not or however much fucking money he's making right now for the Eagles, I think that'd be ah, that'd be a hard uh hard contract to pass up. And you already know, man, this fucking game, when we're all said and done, we're all going to miss this ship.
Speaker 1: Man, you miss it. But there's there's like a when you're writing your own story in your head of how to go out, like what a way to go? Like with a confetti flying, You're on top, You're holding Lombardi, like, this is it. I'm done. I could see it. Andrew Whitworth did it. You sure did Beautiful eighteen or something. He was He was long in the tooth as long as as it could get. But he was so effective. Yeah, incredibly. If it's just so big and when.
Speaker 2: You taste that you kind of see the side, especially in the podcast game when it could be successful and you can see what it does, you're just like, oh man, I don't have to.
Speaker 1: Get in there.
Speaker 2: I don't have to get in there and bang like this definitely go through that, you know, weekly stress of watching you know, the film and everything else. Obviously, it's a lot different when you're losing versus when you're winning. When you're winning, it's like just the greatest mix of all time, it seems.
Speaker 7: Had he's had a few of those losing years to where he was looking at by the time like dude, this might be it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I might just hang it.
Speaker 1: Things hurt more when you lose. When you lose a few games. You experienced losing a whole lot the last few years, but it sucks. I don't know if you remember losing. Yeah, it's terrible. What has what has been the worst year you've had?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: My second year in the league, I think we were ten in six shot.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, bro, no nine no, no, no, we were nine and six even me off the playoffs.
Speaker 1: You missed the play live hundred. You want to hear your what was your worst year in the league? Three and thirteen?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Two and fourteen? My rookie year, sh and fourteen. I literally called a guy that played Michael Ruse and I was like, how the food game do you do this for ten years? It's like, oh, you'll you'll figure it out. It's like two and fourteen. So you won the first one. We won the first one against Kansas City, like twenty four to ten. We kind of steam rolled y'all. Actually, I'm not gonna lie. I was with when when was this twenty fourteen?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Dude, yeah, I went in there. Dude, Bernard Pollard fucking rocked me. My goodness, I have no one explained to me the national anthem and chiefs kingdom. So I was just you know, green, and they did it. It literally like a gunshot went off I got nervous, freaked me out for a second. Chiefs got some garbage time in that game too, a couple of nice blocks.
Speaker 5: That's my first game ever. Man.
Speaker 1: We won that one, and we didn't went again into like Week seven against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Damn tough, dude, And your worst season is a winning season. That pisses me off. You don't even know what failure is. Cincinnati, Were you as good as Cincinnati?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We won the Big East every every year I was there, Dude? Is that even exciting?
Speaker 5: The Big East?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: The first two years for sure, because I was a guaranteed you're in one of the top bowls. So we went to Orange Bowl Sugar Bowl, and they did how'd.
Speaker 1: You guys do in those bulls? I don't know. I'm genuinely.
Speaker 7: Was tied Taylor and he walked all over us and to scored Teddies all day. And then the next year was Tim Tebow's last collegiate football game. So yeah, that was and Brian Kelly, our coach that had an undefeated season the entire year, ended up jumping ship to Notre Dame right before we played in the biggest game in the university's history.
Speaker 1: Deal, Notre Dame's going to the playoffs. How about that Sugar Bowl? Though? How much fun is that?
Speaker 7: Or it was so much fucking fun, so much fun. I got kicked out of college because I parted a little too much down there, got hit with a drug test, and from that point on, I realized I got to tighten the fu up.
Speaker 1: You got to tighten it up. Yet one of those things that happened to you, though, you're like kind of grateful and oh for sure, you don't know where you'd be. Now. What it did was it really it kicked me into the tight end room. I was still playing QB then oh really nasty.
Speaker 7: It was like, all right, you can come walk on the team, but we don't need a quarterback. You can just be an athlete on scout team for a year and we'll figure it out. Just like, all right, what was your spot?
Speaker 1: Was your spot on Bourbon Street where the boys at?
Speaker 7: Dude, I wasn't even twenty one, so I was I was running, was running, Yeah, I was running around on on Bourbon just trying to get those hurricanes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the little green fuck Yeah, those were grenade. You were the grenade. You were a four local guy, no question. You know like him, he is giving people heart attack. Yeah, scout team quarterback.
Speaker 2: All he would do is like whether he'd go to nightclass or not, he'd have a four logo and just talk about how he torches the defensive.
Speaker 1: You know he's playing, he's out on a show up and yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah put it in man. What's uh what was your like feeling going into the game against Philly obviously with the emotions of your brother compared to Tampa Bay. Dude, you've been even another ones, You've bother one of those bols, but those twos winning a loss.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would say, Uh, the Eagles one was so special because it was just, you know, nobody gets to put their family on the front page of the newspaper, like in everybody's like living room. Were able to put our family where we're from, the city we're from, and you know a lot of people that we were you know, close to growing up all got the opportunity to kind of speak on our behalf back in Cleveland. So it was just cool to see how everybody appreciated our upbringing, our childhood, our family, our brother dynamic. So that was it was just it was so unique and I and I honestly remember that going into the game more than anything, being able to see my mom on Good Morning America. My dad's doing freaking podcast interviews left and right with some of his favorite guys, and I'm just sitting here like, man, this ship's really fucking going down, Like my family is everywhere the kel it.
Speaker 5: It was a wild feeling.
Speaker 7: So outside of just getting scraped in the Tampa Bay Super Bowl and winning the Eagle Super Bowl, the Eagle Super Bowl pre everything was just so much fucking it seems.
Speaker 1: So revolved around you and your brother from the outside. Look, it got a little it got a little awkward.
Speaker 7: It got a little awkward, like all the way up into like the coin toss, Like, uh, if you weren't at the game, you didn't even see it. But my mom was like on the jumbo tron doing a Witch Brother is Witch right before the coin toss. So we're like sitting there standing like during a commercial break, staring at each other, Eagles players, Chiefs players, everybody's like waiting for this moment and Mom is on the jumbo tron doing a Travis and Jason, Like, I'm just like this is that's nuts, enough is enough? Can we just play football?
Speaker 1: Yeah? This is way too much about us. Yeah. The level of jealousy from your dad, because it seemed like your mom really got a lot means.
Speaker 7: Yeah, everybody loves a good mom. I don't think there was any jealousy. But my dad was kind of like, you know, she seemed like she was everywhere he was, he was.
Speaker 5: He was happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, see stuff like that. But everybody you know.
Speaker 7: Has that that love for their mother and my dad, my dad gets it, he understands it all.
Speaker 5: But and you can't tell him anything.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: His two boys made it to the league and we're in the situation we were last year, so he's he was doing car wheels and back lips it all.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Bro, they got to be so fucking proud of you guys. I think I because honestly, and you you you probably know how it is now too, like with kids, like one day when you have them too, like you can only imagine what it's like to see their kids grow up and go. You know, you earned a scholarship. I assumed that Cincinnati both on scholarship. YEA rearned it. Yes, you know you see him grow up. You see him have their their lows and highs, They get drafted the NFL, they end up playing against each other in the Super Bowl, both Hall of Fame guys in their respect. He's just yeah, bro, you know he walks into every barbecue or any type of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, eyes are on him. He knows eyes are on him. I didn't want to know about.
Speaker 2: My boys, you know, since since the dad's not out there doing it, like you kind of get to watch them do it, Like that's your moment to shine. Get in front of your boys, get in front of your friends, like group chats, spicing up, you.
Speaker 1: Walk up over to the grills, a couple of pointers on the hamburgers, even if they're not even good pointers, Like we probably should do that. That's the old him and dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you probably congratulations after the Super Bowl and he's probably leaning more towards like Jason and you know, talking about the shortcoming.
Speaker 1: He's like yeah, but it was also hard, but also thinking like yeah another one, Yeah, we got another one, didn't we? No matter what where they both got the big super Bowl. Dad's like got another one?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you get him? Do you him? Like a replica of the ring a little replica Lombardi trophy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got them a Lobardi from the first one. I still got to get these replicas on the on the way for the second one. But yeah, I actually got them one for h for our Super Bowl and my brothers because my brother does. My brother's not in the ship like that, so the memories make sure he holds it down in the house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll just yeah ship like that.
Speaker 1: He doesn't.
Speaker 2: He doesn't like to play dress up for travel, you know, even though he's worrying like you, he's dressing up crazy you that Yeah, No, I do hear that.
Speaker 7: It's been like off and on too, like someone's just flipping a switch. That is just and then it's just for you. That is Nashville, dude.
Speaker 1: I had something I was, it's gonna put a it's gonna put a wrinkle in tighten you possibly hope, No, man, Yeah, last year was hot as fuck. Yeah I was. I was dry heaving on the field.
Speaker 5: It was not. It was not a good showing you hear.
Speaker 1: That real loud JP. All right, enough about football, da, Let's talk about SNL. When we grew up a massive SNL one of my bucket list things to do is to host SNL one day. Dude, I could see you fucking killing it. Well, I appreciate that. That's very kind of like you would do fucking good. Thank you. But you did amazing.
Speaker 5: Thank you man.
Speaker 1: I thought your monologue in the beginning was incredible. You integrated your brother into it was your brother when he sat there, were they told like, hey, don't make a face or nothing, or was that him?
Speaker 7: No, he was they He knew it was coming because we did a few of the rehearsals and he saw it, but he was.
Speaker 1: He knew. He was like, I'm gonna make sure that you know that I'm not enjoying this. Dude.
Speaker 7: It was like in his face that he just lost the super Bowl. And it was like, hey, man, you're cool. You cool with us, like making fun of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta be. You got a chirp, but that is so funny. Just bro a little bro on top once again. When you're standing behind that door and they're like all right, fifteen seconds still you're out, and then you hear the music start playing, Dude, bump were legs like Jello.
Speaker 7: I was like, dude, when I tell you so, you rehearse the monologue like three or four times before you actually do it, and there there's an entire dress rehearsal where there's a live crowd, like people like come in and that's that's the one where you do every single skit start to finish, no time frame anddens is anything. So it's like that's the one where you're really like getting like your bearings and everything. Yeah, going out of that one, like my eyes are watering, Like I'm like getting like real emotional, like goosebumps everywhere, legs getting kind of weak, and you open the door and all of a sudden, you're just like you got to turn it on, man, you got to turn it on. Get out of your fucking head. And it's like you're going down the steps. It's like, don't fall number one, don't fall down the steps. It makes you hit your mark where you're supposed to stay. There's a piece of tape that's an axe. You got to stay on.
Speaker 5: You can't miss it, miss it.
Speaker 1: Get too far forward, cameras out of focus.
Speaker 7: It's a machine from start to finish. You get there Monday night all the way till Saturday nights or Sunday morning. Man, they have that thing scheduled out and laid out. It's just one of the coolest experiences, man, was.
Speaker 2: He Aheaduddy, I was gonna say, was that your favorite thing to do post super Bowl?
Speaker 1: The coolest? Yeah. And when that.
Speaker 2: Monologue came out and it was going, you know, viral making its rounds, it's like, oh, the boy absolutely murdered.
Speaker 1: It because something else was going on that day. It might have been like a big UFC fight and everyone was will focused on a UFC fight. I think a McAfee tweeted out like, hey, everyone's watching the UFC fight. You need to see Travis Kelsey. Yeah, just crush. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: How many how many live skits did you do compared to like filmed skits?
Speaker 7: So we did three pre recorded skits. Got my guy Crete Humphrey in on one of them.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 7: He ended up that one didn't air though, so it just got thrown on on social media afterwards on YouTube.
Speaker 5: Afterwards. I was hurting from my guy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: He made he like he had like his Super Bowl parade back in Oklahoma City like the next day, and I was like, dude, can I fly you out here and get you back please? It's like, Dude, if I can get back for the parade I'm in. I'm just like yes, And then it didn't even air and I was like, fuck, hey.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, brother, I'm about to drop it on the grounds.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what it was now.
Speaker 7: But so we did three pre recorded and then I think they were there ended up being like eight or nine like live skits that we ended up doing, but the last like probably three of them are all condensed so much because of like time timing wise, that it's like it's I do want to say it's a whole new script, but you're literally you have to read the cards. Like you can't just like go off a memory because they'll take out an entire segment in a conversation that you're thinking you're like supposed to say.
Speaker 5: But if you're not reading the cards, you want to know, so.
Speaker 1: There's no ad lipping going on at all during the week, or you're like, hey, what if I say this instead? No, I wasn't saying sure I was. I was so like he doesn't have like the Will Farrell. There's also I'm sure that I wrote some stuff for you, and you're like, I would never say this, you know, like if you're doing a skit like the monologue. For sure, I knew the monologue was kind of like that was like gonna be mine.
Speaker 7: But everything else, like the writers have been like working on these skits and like these segments for like weeks on weeks on weeks and like finally getting them right to this moment and then I'm going to come in like well what about this? Yeah, like that, I don't even have any like real like writing ability, you know what I mean. I'm just trying to be funny and like creative. And so I kind of reeled it back. I caught myself asking them about one thing, but I reeled it back and it was just like, you're kind of no, I think I kind of like it like this though, and I'm just like, don't say it again.
Speaker 1: Don't ask again. You've got to ask.
Speaker 5: You're the professionals.
Speaker 1: When did they When did they reach out to you about doing SNL? How many weeks?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 7: Actually, Heidi Gardner, who's uh, who's done on SNL for years and years, absolutely kills it. She's a Kansas City girl and there's a huge Chiefs fan. You go to her like what is it her her dressing room and everything in there is Chiefs galore. You had like a little barbecue like pre like pregame party in her room had nothing but barbecue in there for KC vibes. She she had been kind of like pitching the idea to get I think it was initially Mahomes after the first Super Bowl, but then kind of like as I started to like show my personality more, she started to kind of like throw.
Speaker 5: My name in there.
Speaker 7: And when we won the super Bowl, I was fortunate enough to just kind of get the call.
Speaker 2: No brainern no brainer. The whole super Rules rolled around them. They're gonna be like, sure, guy, favorite you brought a barbecue. What's your favorite barbecue spot in Kansas City?
Speaker 7: Man, I don't like to get into politics, dog, I really don't. You're gonna get me fucking killed.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying because I went to a couple I love Oklahoma Joe's. Man. I love that gas station.
Speaker 7: Vibe, baby, And it's a good vibe, you know what I mean, Like you feel like it's like authentic and real. And the gas station Joe's Kansas City Joe's is always been formerly Oklahoma Joe's now in Kansas City Joe's. I would say, Jackstack, you can't go wrong with That's kind of like the white cloth like barbecues, like the Knife restaurant.
Speaker 1: Still great spread. You can get fucking anything on the menus slabs.
Speaker 7: Q thirty nine is more of like you're like sports bar barbecue, but it's a little bit cleaner. Still you ef You ever go to Q thirty nine get the burnt end? Do you guys know what burnt ends are?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: They're like fucking protein candies. Man, things are fucking you could just keep popping those things in. Dude, I'm massive burn ends now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can, you can. You can fuck some shit up in Kansas City.
Speaker 1: I love how you're giving all the big spots some love.
Speaker 5: It's Arthur Bryant's I mean, you name it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Is there a sleeper hole in the wall that people don't know about only locals know about?
Speaker 7: No, not really and at least nothing that I've come across yet. But you can't go wrong, man, I mean if you're fucking a barbecue man, fuck you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, I'm with that. I can get behind that, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Let's let's talk about twenty nineteen the AFC Championship.
Speaker 2: Should we talk about the AFC Championship, or we talked about or should we start where you guys beat him when you guys were two and four going to the bye week, and that's when you guys basically got back on track to make that push, to.
Speaker 1: Make that push. Well, I mean we did do that. How did that feel when we beat your assular? Couple times we've played in Tennessee, we've gotten scraped. It is so weird how Tennessee always plays Kansas City. Well, even this past year with Mali.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Braves Man Northeast Ohio guy. Man respect ball player. He's just a ballplayer, good ball coach. Hunh Yeah, no, you could you could tell Man. You can tell he's fun to play for. Man, he was. He was a Pro Bowl coach like two years ago. So it's fun catching up with him, just kind of seeing how he vibes. I would how many cigarettes gus can't put down? I mean, just golfing with a mountain tahoe one round? Yeah, I think I saw a good two packs. Oh buddy, day, is.
Speaker 5: That a light day?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I always would walk by his truck used to be right where the entrance was the facility and I don't always see a pack of marblows like sitting right in a center console. But he would he hit that fucking jewel like it oh the money, like he was on that thing all he did. He always putting dip and that man lives for some nicotine now for it all right now, Yeah, he's a he's like that dude.
Speaker 2: When I was doing when I was doing that skit the uh that last year, I was trying to bring the jewel in and he would let me. Really yeah, He's like, no, you can't. He's like, you're here, I let you in the building. You're not doing that.
Speaker 1: It is a rave thing though, he's a bit. He likes the big dog Cats. Yeah, like the big dog cats. This man got to keep to keep everything Will. He loves the bodybag Will. Dude. It's hard. It's hard to watch sometimes. Yeah, I'll find my moment one day. Yeah, but he's a good dude, man. But yeah, I don't know. The crazy thing is the parallel between the regular season game and twenty nineteen and the AFT Championship. Like you guys were up ten oh after the first quarter and the AFC Championship we were up tenno. And the flip. It all switched when Pat Mahomes did that two minute drill the man I ran forty show? Was he still elusive?
Speaker 5: The guy? I mean, he's just a gamer man.
Speaker 7: He's just a gamer that nobody likes to give him credit for the for the wheels man, he finds a way to, you know, just get first downs. But that one that was, I mean, that had to be the best run of his life. That was right before half AFC Championship. We're gonna win this little We're gonna win this game. I thought the worst security ever going into the end zone.
Speaker 1: That thing was like flopping around. I was like, no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: In the tackling though I was watching, Yeah, that was when I was on the Raiders. I was watching. But the tackling was horrendous on that play. I think all the boys know that. That is the truth.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 8: When was the last time you tried to tackle Patty Mahones. It's been a minute. I had to get my legs in on the microphone. These days, he's got them slender hips man. He slides around on guys. Honestly, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think I've ever gotten to actually get an opportunity. You know, I'm more like going one on one against ben Neemon out there in the trenches on fourth down. God needed me more for fourth down. In my back half of my career, I never got a real opportunity. It was more like, last time I played against the Chiefs was Alex Smith. So it wasn't I want to say that was alex Is last year when we came there to Arrowhead when Washington came. But other than that, like my only moments against the Chiefs the first year I came when there was the AFC championship year with you guys.
Speaker 1: You guys were one of our first games. So I was big.
Speaker 2: Chilling and more like, man, we're getting asshift out here because you're not like ingrained in the culture to you know, I want to say one moment, Patrick's you know, running around, just throws it up to you. You catch it over Joiner at the boy Joiner at the time, and then the second time around was like the first week back and I'm out there fucking scraping your guys's logo and we just get wrecked.
Speaker 1: That was you know that game.
Speaker 7: You know, the game's like look at Will leading him out there to the logo, we just get whooped like fifty something to fourteen.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: The fuck I'm trying to pink. He played on the Jaguar. Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is all. He's a great first time he told me he's gonna shoot me after the game. I'll tell you that's pretty aggressive.
Speaker 5: Is like, so that's what the day is going to be, Like, this is what we're doing.
Speaker 1: He was a rookie too. I was like, I kind of got some ship doing.
Speaker 2: Yanick is a dog like even in walk there's like he's somebody that's like about his business on the field and like, yeah, he like, let us out there to the middles. We're going out here in the middle of hell. Yeah, boys scraping on the logo let us man. Arhead is Arrowhead. A lot of stadium the NFL lotter than Seattle.
Speaker 7: I've never played in Seattle when it's like rock and rocking, though like playoffs.
Speaker 5: I haven't played out there in the playoffs. So it's like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, but a regular season game Arrowhead when it's when it's rocking.
Speaker 5: During playoffs, man, it gets fucking rowdy and.
Speaker 1: It is nuts. You can't hear a thing. Guys, will be from me to you, and I won't be able to hear a word. They'll screaming at the top of their lungs. You can't hear a damn thing. It gets so damn cold there too, dude. It is crazy. We've been pretty fortunate in these past couple of years.
Speaker 5: Man, I don't know what the fuck's going on with global warming.
Speaker 7: But we didn't have a single We didn't have a single snow game or game under like ten degrees.
Speaker 5: Last year.
Speaker 1: We had one game.
Speaker 5: I usually have one or two.
Speaker 1: So you believe in global warming?
Speaker 7: Just a I'm not even sure what I just before we really get into this, Yeah, no, right, even sure if global warming is the reason why it didn't snow, and I'm just kind of connecting dots here sounds being in the locker room connected at all. If I reiterate that I don't know what the fuck global warming is doing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you guys saw this tweet about global warming. I think that shit's real. You know Mahomes Obviously we got to talk about Mahomes a little bit, would you. What was your impression to him when he first when he first got to the chiefs Tyreek Hill talks and he thought he was garbage.
Speaker 5: So Tyreek's funny as hell. Man.
Speaker 7: I will say this, he was not like a polished QB, but when the ball snapped, I mean, he's Patty Mahomes. He just has natural the get go from the get go. I remember watching him on Scout Team. I was just like, this is what this guy is capable of doing. Like he would literally run out right to the like sixty yards on the run opposite like opposite end zone corner, and it's just like, what the fuck was that? And everybody's just like, oh, Scout Team just runs back to the huddle. I'm like, bro, did you guys just see this? Yeah, Like, what the fuck? This guy's out here doing this shit, just nonchalant, like if he can somehow find a way to do this in a game, which he then showed that he could do.
Speaker 5: It's just like it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: But the first like impression you get from him is that he's just a relatable dude.
Speaker 5: He just loves ball.
Speaker 7: He just likes to be around the guys and shoot the ship, be in the locker room kicking it. And then competitive wise, he's just always playing something, doing something, competing at something.
Speaker 2: Seems like you're we're gonna see a lot of shit talking with this new Netflix series is coming out.
Speaker 7: You're definitely gonna catch it. You're definitely gonna catch a little bit. I think, uh, what do you.
Speaker 1: Think people learn watching the Netflix and Crosby get after it dude?
Speaker 7: Him and Crosby Max dude get aft it like white du each other head buddy, like punch each other at the bottom of piles like they get after it.
Speaker 1: Really, Yes, you gotta clim and do anything when you see somebody punch a quarterback. For sure, Yeah, you'd hope so for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, especially our our enforcer.
Speaker 1: Who's your enforcer?
Speaker 5: Trey Smith?
Speaker 1: Baby? Ray Smith is the enforcer.
Speaker 5: He's a dog.
Speaker 1: He's a dog like that.
Speaker 5: Dude, just a fucking beast.
Speaker 1: Are you blocking Maxwell on one.
Speaker 5: I have on the back side of like a player or something like that.
Speaker 7: I think, uh, I've got him like once or twice in pass Pro, just because he like he's like what the fuck's going on?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? And like balls out, Yes I won that one.
Speaker 1: Do you let him? Like you're still trying to piece it together, like why is this guy standing here?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 7: And I'm just like a screen coming out. Yeah, that's what it really is, because I hit him with a few screens before. But yeah, now he he's a fucking beast man.
Speaker 2: Do you let him know I let him get him?
Speaker 5: Not really, I don't like to. I don't like to make my tap lives harder. You know what I mean.
Speaker 7: You won't talk too much ship with him, but we'll have some fun out there. What was crazy about the last Raiders game that we played at in Arrowhead is that you could tell the defensive coordinator did not want me to like enjoy my day at all. I was getting butched, double teamed at the line of scrimmage. Farrell and Crosby were just like punching me in the fucking face coming off the ball, and it was it was I had a blast doing it because it was like it added another element to the game of like another challenge to like try and like get open. And then I had four touchdowns off of like it was like one of the bus It was like, I think Jerome Bettis is the only one to have like a more buns like stat line, which is three touchdowns off of like two yards ship. Yeah, there's like five carries too is. But I just remember, like I actually went outside the numbers one time. Farrel comes outside the numbers right over top of me, behind him safety, staring at me from over here. I'm just like, well, I think the ball is probably going somewhere else, but yeah, let's just have some fun on the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 7: I get off the line of scrimmage, slapped in the face, fall on the ground.
Speaker 5: I'm like rolling on the ground.
Speaker 7: I get up, get hit down again, and uh, look look back there was finally there was a flag and everything, but the ball definitely went the other way.
Speaker 1: But it was just like that. I hadn't been in a game like that in forever. Man.
Speaker 5: It was fucking blast.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How does it feel to know that teams are legit wanting you to not play well? I think we played uh in a wild card game and I think it was like twenty sixteen or seventeen. Yeah, I got knocked out of the game, knocked out and knocked out. Yeah, legitimately, the defense was like fuck yah, Like they were like, didn't want you to be hurt, but they're like, thank god he's not playing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, they've I took a fucking right, Mike Tyson, right hook right to the side of the dome, and you were slump. I was, yeah, the whole like I think it was left side of my body. Yeah, the whole left side of my body. I couldn't even like move for a good like ten seconds. Yeah, And I was like, I've never been hit like this in my fucking holy Then I I got like my bearings back in the in the actual like locker room and everything, because it went right into half and I thought I was gonna be good to come back out, and the doc told me now.
Speaker 5: And then you guys, you guys ended up getting Were you on it?
Speaker 1: My first Ryan suck up? Suck up?
Speaker 5: Like the win.
Speaker 2: I don't think we've played them in the regular season. It's only like the last question today, we need to hit this tier talk. Well, I got a tier talk.
Speaker 1: I think. Do we have the time for tier talk?
Speaker 5: We can? We can.
Speaker 1: We can run over just a little bit. We can get over. Yeah, okay, we can run over. Let's do the last question and then we'll hit the tear talk. Do you have a last question? I can figure one out by the time you're done. But if we do the teer talk. It gives you a ton to think about. The twisted question. See the tear talk we have. We're gonna run it. Tear talk.
Speaker 2: Let's top three quarterback tiding combinations of all time, and you can include yourself and Patrick mahomes.
Speaker 7: See I already made this taken, included myself on my own Mount Rushmore got kind of yah, So I gotta, I gotta get out of there. I'm gonna take myself out of it. Grunk and Tom Brady, the fucking to the best to do it. Number one one, number one, Philip Rivers, Antonio Gates. Fuck, those guys were good. Have you guys ever Have you guys actually ever diagnosed Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates?
Speaker 2: Not like when you said actually diagnosed, That's where I was like, no, not, Actually.
Speaker 7: They were ucking stoppable. Look how many touchdowns Antonio Gates has. It is fucking ridiculous. I think he has the most touchdowns ever as a tight end. So you're putting them to below, yes, well, I mean the rings that's true.
Speaker 5: To another team got a ring? It burns, but it happened. Who else? Who's my third? Who's my third?
Speaker 1: Damn?
Speaker 7: I mean, I guess I gotta go l Way and Shannon Sharp. I mean, I'm trying to think of who else was like.
Speaker 1: Manny and Clark.
Speaker 7: That was a good one, but there's I'm still going Clark is too white. Yeah, I fucking love his mentality though, man, no doubt last, Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Yo? This dude like we're not that we need to be that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, the guy he just looks like a regular guy and it's like, Yo, he fucking just turns it on.
Speaker 1: Got his kid out there watching the Clarks were there. If Clark's were fucking there, Dude, do you want to go? Do you want to do it to your top three? No? I just wanted to hear his my top three. You know there's it's not gonna be much different.
Speaker 2: I think I would just piggyback off of the tight end and I would put Mahomes and Kelsey at number one. Even though I've said a lot of choiceful words about your team and your organization, to which I know you probably motivated you guys to win the Super Bowl this past year.
Speaker 1: I mean it was I heard it for sure in the locker room. They were rumbling in locker room.
Speaker 4: Heard it.
Speaker 2: I was like, fuck, you too. Will, damn fucking guy Moulton bore material. You probably hung it right up in the locker. Fuck you, Travis Kelcey. The Chiefs are not making the playoffs this year.
Speaker 5: Just heard it in my head every day I went out for practice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and your fucking fan base never stops letting me know about that hot take, which you know, respect to them.
Speaker 1: It will be a rivalry that is now created. Will Confidences Kingdom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's gonna be some fans that are gonna be so mad at Travis even came on this podcast. They're gonna be Will such a scumbag. But anyway, you know, we got that all hard.
Speaker 1: The top three. Yeah, I would go three, Delennie Walker, Marcus Mariotto two two I would go I would go George Middle and any backup quarterback.
Speaker 5: Ever, which what hold on? Where we and any.
Speaker 1: Backup quarterback of all time ever. He just figures the way to make it happen. And then one prob you too, probably you and Pat I'll take a baby, don't go com I like.
Speaker 2: Don't say that. Yeah, yeah, over Rocket Brady the passer rating.
Speaker 1: You throw that one in there for me. Okay, twist the question sorry for the twisted questions. Keep it twisted with smooth, refreshing twisted tea the hard I see that's perfect for parties, a bar with your buddies, or game day ram twisted. Today, my twisted question of the day is what kind of tipper are you? Listen, man, you gotta be a good tipper. I'm over twenty percent.
Speaker 5: Are you? Yes?
Speaker 1: Are you sure there is some literature out there that I'm not a good tipper.
Speaker 2: You're frugal about tip? That you're frugal about tipping. It might have been a reason you were dumped in the past.
Speaker 7: Oh ship, that's good ship. That was a that was a fun leading No, No, that's that was that was all fu coming on the show again.
Speaker 5: That was how blatant lies? Was it? Blatant eyes?
Speaker 2: You're willing to stand tinto's ground like this is where we are not intimidated by your guys' takes.
Speaker 7: No, there's no way that that was fucking real about my past relationship.
Speaker 1: So if you get you go to a steakhouse. Yes, let's say the bills fifteen hundred dollars, Yes, great service, drinks came out fast with the appies were quick.
Speaker 7: What are you tipping fifteen hundred, I'm probably going close to five five hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice. I respect that especially. It's just good food, good service. I'm here for it. Hypothetical situation You're at a coffee shop. Okay, you go to answer your card. They say, okay, so just two questions right here, and they flip the tablet on you. It says three four or five your coffee was four fifty? What are you pressing?
Speaker 2: Or there's a custom button on there too, Yeah, there's a custom button there. No one does a custom button. No I have in the past. If it's yeah, I'm probably going right in the middle.
Speaker 5: Right in the middle.
Speaker 7: I'd feel weird tipping more than what I paid for the coffee, So I probably go right now.
Speaker 1: I go through poort Os for four and a half. What if it's what if it's March of twenty twenty, come again, March of twenty twenty, middle of COVID. We're trying to help small businesses. Here, they flip the tablet on you, three four or five. That's where it all came about. That's where all that you actually put me on game with that as you came about.
Speaker 5: Let me after success.
Speaker 7: Right now, I will say this though, Man, I heard bad rumors about Scottie pipping not tipping, and you don't want to get that fucking wrap.
Speaker 5: That's not a good wrap.
Speaker 2: Taylor literally will look at the bill and then see what the tax was and remove the tax out of the equation and do the twenty right off of how much the food was.
Speaker 7: That's a good that's a good man right there. Good man, you're good at maths. Line, you're good at math. No, I'm not good at math.
Speaker 1: I do. I'm a heavy tipper, but as Willis pointed out, it's more for my own good karmel. I am looking out for me when I send a fat tip out there, I'm thinking of myself in the universe. This is gonna come back to me.
Speaker 5: Ten foot nice man.
Speaker 1: Hey, Yeah, that is my lean into Like this is how frugal Taylor is. He will take out the taxing. Oh I got we all got I think we almost all got there. Almost seems like I was a little behind.
Speaker 5: I was went way over my head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's one last question? Last question? What's one thing you want to do from an entertainment perspective when all football is over?
Speaker 7: We want to act in I want to jump in the I want to jump into the acting world. Man, scripted comedy is man, keep me right there. I want to be in a comedy game there. Yeah, that's man, That's the only thing I have fun with.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 7: I don't think I could ever like embody, like an entire like character in like I don't know, like an action movie or a drama movie. Definitely not drama action. Who knows, man, Maybe I do some some bicep curls or something. Get get Actually, I feel like you look to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Burt Kreischer just had a movie, an action movie come out. You could probably do, but Bert was fully being himself, fully you know what.
Speaker 2: Like, I feel like you almost have to do an action movie just so you can get the cameo and do just some monster type.
Speaker 1: At the end. Yeah, I don't know what that line is. I had nothing for you, but something that's you know, John Wick type movie where you say forty five.
Speaker 5: Words, I'm in I'm in for that. I'm in for a cameo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make comedies great again.
Speaker 2: We do need some some good comedies back in our lives, because I don't think they've been I don't think they've been well since what the Will Ferrell days.
Speaker 1: Will Fail's coming back though, traffics go Okay, brother, there's been great having you on. We'll see you. We'll see you at the at tight end you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Obviously, I'm sure we'll get some the old rivalry back.
Speaker 1: The matchup everybody.
Speaker 5: Miss is gonna throw some cleats on.
Speaker 1: I might you really said that?
Speaker 2: Uh that uncalled for Patrick Mahomes thing earlier and I've been thinking about it ever since.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I might have to throw the cleats on. What was then?
Speaker 7: What was the patch one hole thing you ever tried to tackling Patrick m I said, when was the last time you tried? Because he act like it was easy to tackle him on that one run. There'd be a last hitting everybody with spin moves man, if that was to see me, it'll be fast bring breaking out the spin move man.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, hey, but thanks a lot, bro. We appreciate it you guys, lessons Starr for running over and congrats on your success with New Heights. We're really happy for you. I appreciate you guys being away.
Speaker 5: Baby.
Speaker 2: You know he's also doing I know this. We can even cut this part out, but he's also they're also doing a beer thing.
Speaker 1: I think next week you got you guys got like actual like guys, like players that.
Speaker 2: Come in and like Dean Blandino is our official referee, so he's gonna come in.
Speaker 1: You guys were invited to that, but I think.
Speaker 5: Yes, you have a foundation is literally yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a foundation thing. And then you had something come up, or maybe you didn't, but Jason didn't.
Speaker 5: You know, I just had to go to Jason's foundation.
Speaker 2: You're doing that where you're like you're bringing people in and they're they're almost doing like you.
Speaker 5: To show and everything.
Speaker 7: It's like, uh, we're calling it the beer Bowl, not necessarily beer Olympics.
Speaker 5: Yeah from world.
Speaker 1: We gotta get you guys in the Beer Olympics next year. It was a big miss that.
Speaker 7: Get punped when you guys hit me by it Like now I was up start.
Speaker 1: Playing way made the decision for you. Yeah fair enough, Yeah we'll get you. We'll get you on the sure though. Well, thank you everybody for watching. Big hugs, Towny care.
Speaker 5: You guys.
Speaker 1: Hey, you guys out, where are you going now