Speaker 1: How do you doing, guys?
Speaker 2: It is to get my podcasts. Anybody seat geek and we're gonna take a look back now at the best of the best from the last year.
Speaker 3: Man, We've had a ton of good times.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 5: We found Bubba Jackson's he's resting in the home in Florida. Most definitely he like art, he liked music. Plus Michael left him millions of dollars with about Gary Clark. Gary was so good on this podcast and Bluefoot he's always a great guy that stops by. We got a lot of stuff we talk about on this podcast, and that's all coming.
Speaker 3: Up next to right now. Do you want to preview the falcons to talk about Bubbles?
Speaker 1: First, let's talk about Bubbles.
Speaker 3: I know you're gonna say that, So here's the thing.
Speaker 2: You know, Michael Jackson, remember Bubbles, his chimp, his baby chimp.
Speaker 5: You know, Bubbas Jackson. Bubbus Jackson was the first emotional animal. He started to jumper, you know, because I'd be walking in I'll be walking in the Groce store and somebody be like, yeah, like this parrot on my shoulder because I need him for emotional well being.
Speaker 1: I'm like, my god. Where they used to be Bubbles.
Speaker 5: Yes, Bubbles started it, mister Bubbles Jackson and.
Speaker 1: Meubus Jackson, that's his name. Then guess what we did. We gooed to see where he was today. It wouldn't you believe he's alive.
Speaker 5: Listen, Not only is he alive, he got a gray beard. He looked like he foded like a whole family. He's huge, Yes, listen, like he been on the couch watching it marble like a least the last fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Bubbles was born in nineteen eighty three. Now I don't keep up with the life expectancy of chimps.
Speaker 5: But it's twenty twenty three and Bubbles is still kicking it.
Speaker 1: I wish he could tell us stories.
Speaker 2: Eddie Murphy tells a story. He went to visit Neverland. Yeah, and he walks in and all of a sudden he looks and Bubbles is huge in the cage.
Speaker 3: And Michael Jackson says, stay away from Bubbles. He's huge in me.
Speaker 2: Now that's Bubbles, stay away.
Speaker 1: That's a hell of way and prescious, by the way, Bubbles, could you go get us? With Bubble sitting here with Eddie listen to me, I could only wonder the stories that this man got.
Speaker 5: But I also listen Bubbles to me, bubus, Okay, what other we have?
Speaker 1: Nobody to compare him to. It's a chimp.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying, father star power. Could he be the most popular animal on earth?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Can we think of another one?
Speaker 2: He was born in nineteen eighty three and we are looking him up today in.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty three. Why should we even know the year he was born. I got cousins. I don't know the year they was born. Like, listen to me. We're talking about a chimp that's been to the Grammys.
Speaker 5: We're talking about a chimp that been to Singapore. You're talking about the chimp passport.
Speaker 1: Got more stamps than ours.
Speaker 5: Were talked about, a chimp that probably no silent, that's probably only eight breakfast.
Speaker 3: What's that, Bubbles? Bubbles is hungry?
Speaker 1: Do you need any no pat.
Speaker 3: He just signed it.
Speaker 5: He's lived such a life, like all right, I know people think we joke it, I am dead serious.
Speaker 2: What were you saying earlier about how the other chimps probably like don't like Bubbles because he's not one of them.
Speaker 1: Because you said he's at a zoos some.
Speaker 3: Sort of conservatory or something.
Speaker 1: Like the bat you're walking in is you Bubba Jackson?
Speaker 5: And you a regular chimp back there, like, we're not dealing with this dude, sail out. This dude don't know what it feels like the climb a tree and get a banana. This dude don't know how it is to survive. I've been picking fleas.
Speaker 1: I will it back. But in the last ten years and here come Bubble here with a pair of polo shorts. What are you talking about? They hate Bubbles?
Speaker 3: Like you know his real name is in Bubbles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, real name Augustine. He's Sailout. You know how I be. I have went home after you, Like if you get a certain standard.
Speaker 5: I go home then like yeah, man, you don't even say I'm just saying you a sellout. So I know Bubba had to go through this when they him back in population, they put him back in Jim Pop. It is the first thing I want to know.
Speaker 3: They gotta put Bubbles in solitary man, protect him.
Speaker 5: Because you know they have to, right, That's the thing about it. And imagine being a chimp. He comes in the room and your girl there, she know who Bubbles is. He's the only one being on TV. Besides, I used to watch Dukes had cannon Ball Run. Oh yeah, you remember that there was a wrangle tang.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, it's a difference.
Speaker 1: It was a ranger tang, and that he wasn't popular like Bubbles.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, they need to do a documentary and let Bubbles talk about what he said.
Speaker 3: He'd smoking a cigarette.
Speaker 1: Yeah, life being kind of hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mike was cool at first, but I got tired of hanging around his neck all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I went on the Thriller or two and things got kind of crazy out there.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. But I too owned the monkey. This is true, This is very true. Okay, all right. Happened because I had a friend named la Ron Landry.
Speaker 3: This goes back to Lauran again, yes, again. And he looked aways with that he lived.
Speaker 5: His monkey was totally thicker than my look like me and walking in we had left in years.
Speaker 1: His monkey just looking at mine. See here go think about it.
Speaker 5: He called me, said, I know exotic Anima sell it in Louise Allaka. He was like, I'm gonna get a monkey. I was like, okay, what kind of monkey? He was like Jack sparrow, put on your shoulder type.
Speaker 1: Mon ye get too big. So I'm like, okay, I do it.
Speaker 5: I have an own number of dolls in my life. Why not try something different. We buy the monkeys, get them shipped up. I named mine mister Lewis, mister Lewis Baton. That's his name, Lewis Baton, mister Lewis, not just Lewis. He had a certain mister, mister mister now Laurn named his the Gucci name there was. So we got Louis and we got Gucci. We used to let him play. We used to have play days and stuff.
Speaker 3: Wait, man, let me get this straight.
Speaker 2: You and Laron Landry used to have playdates with the two chimps.
Speaker 1: That you bought. Don't people do it with dogs? I mean, I guess.
Speaker 3: So this is a crazy story.
Speaker 5: It ain't like I knew my neighbor didn't have a monkey that Lewis could play with. I had to call the on the other person with a monkey that I knew, Like, hey, you mockey look kind of bored. You want to get them together, Let them play a little PlayStation or something like listen. I just want them to have fun, to have a life. So We used to get them, and we put out these cages in our house. Okay, you get a wall, you go like six feet away from the wall, and you put just.
Speaker 1: A cage in it. You put the sticky stuff in Thereah.
Speaker 5: So I just put mine in there naturally. But then I noticed droppings. Finker matter. It was dropping hitting the floor. So I called him, what we're gonna do about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was like, man, you gotta put a dipe on them.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: Imagine twenty three year old friend smooth walking into PetSmart looking for monkey diapers.
Speaker 3: This is different, sir, You're looking for a monkey diapers. Yeah, those would be special er thing.
Speaker 5: So I going around all these places. Nobody got diapers. So for the first.
Speaker 1: Two days that I did.
Speaker 5: So the first two days I used Huggies, I used regular Yeah, and I would cut like a hole in the back of for the tail because.
Speaker 1: Listen, this is crazy to me.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 5: I had to because if you don't okay, it grabs it and it throwing at you. You imagine me opening my door and here come mister Lewis.
Speaker 1: Just I like, did you eat corn? I don't know what happened, but like, what's going on, and I should not have to defend myself from a monkey in my house. So when I finally got.
Speaker 5: Him, I used to, I got the pampers and stuff would put him on, but he would just not. He would mister Lewis was not letting me put the pamples on in the right, so he always had one with a tear in it on the side.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 2: When you were cutting a hole in a pamper's diaper for a monkey tail, did you think maybe made a mistake here?
Speaker 5: Yes, I thought I had made a mistake because I love bananas myself. But now I ain't got nothing in the house because he and then see, I let him run around a little bit, especially like he was the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I let him let him run. He gonna go.
Speaker 5: Straight to the kitchen table, straight to the fruit bowl, straight to the bananas. Genetically can take them to him. They want them, all right. So I kept him for about four weeks, five weeks.
Speaker 1: Before I had to ship him back. I found out.
Speaker 5: Then I'm not Michael Jackson. I cannot raise this thing along.
Speaker 1: This is this is this, this.
Speaker 5: Needs two parents. This should be a two parent home. And I couldn't give it to him at that time. So at the end of the day I sent them back. While le Rud kept here for like a year and a half year or two, he was actually got pretty big. I could get bigger than you think. And they're smarter than you think. I found myself late night watching film up the Dallas Cowboys talking to a monkey.
Speaker 1: I'm literally watching feel Did you see that?
Speaker 6: Did you just see what?
Speaker 1: Did he over that thumb? Listen? It was downhill for me. There was a dark time in my life.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm sorry you went.
Speaker 1: Through that dark time in my life. Our friends at.
Speaker 2: RTS Recycle Track Systems transforming the way commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling. They combine the power of AI with premium customer service to optimize waste pickup schedules, ensuring timely and efficient collections to keep our neighborhoods cleaner and green. Am visit RTS dot comfortab one more about how they can help manage waste more respond and just like that Abricadabra, we bring in a special guest, Redskins and legend. This Gary Clark, one of the greats to ever play receiver for this organization.
Speaker 5: How are you the man, the mill, the legend. See, you know what, when you want to get winners in the buildings. See the one thing about us we played football, but we ain't need nothing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: See I even had yields, I had the.
Speaker 1: Same head coaches here, and we still couldn't win nothing.
Speaker 5: But we hear right now with the Super Bowl, Champ one and only. Gary Clark, thank you for coming to the show, my brother.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys for having me. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You know what was funny is that you sat down about thirty seconds in smooth was already talking about matchup.
Speaker 6: Immediately.
Speaker 4: Me and Gary, y'all got your competitive like.
Speaker 6: We like to talk a little trains to each other. So we brought up a scenario one day. I don't think I think we was in the lunch room.
Speaker 5: Down here was here, Yeah, and we said what would have happened with the matchup with me Champ Bailey and Dale Green, okay versus Ricky Sanders, Gary Clark, Art Monk All right, Now, I didn't say who their quarterback was.
Speaker 7: It wouldn't matter.
Speaker 6: Why do you think that matchup?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 7: We's well, multiple super bowls with different quarterbacks. It's all good, man.
Speaker 6: So what do you think we got a chance with y'all to know, just give us some props.
Speaker 7: Ye, I mean y'all would have got us prepared for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yes, we ain't going to the Super Bowl with y'all.
Speaker 4: Y'all got us.
Speaker 3: You would have helped us on the practice squad.
Speaker 7: But no, seriously, though, I mean you guys man and man skills were off the charts. You know, I got a chance to watch you guys play. They get a chance to play against your course, but I got a chance to watch you guys played and just to see how you guys would handle the different receivers and quite talented receivers that came after we had left the game.
Speaker 4: And no, you guys are.
Speaker 7: Excellent, excellent cornerbacks. I mean one hundred percent. You guys could definitely talk trash and back it up the majority of the time. I mean, just the posse's that's a whole that's that's kind of picking your poison that everybody list all three defensive backs would have to be on point that game. Yeah, you know, because typically that's cook every now and then, you know, like it's not like we always had great games every game that we played, but there was gonna be one or two of us that it was always going to come out and shine because you know, they weren't getting doubled that day, you know, so if you didn't double me, I took it as I took it as an insult.
Speaker 6: As you should.
Speaker 7: I mean, I took it as an insult, and and it just made it worse for that team, quite honestly, because you know, especially if you're doubling with a safety, If you're double them with two good cornerbacks, that's different. Like like say like your your main cornerback and then you're a fifth.
Speaker 6: Man coming in.
Speaker 7: You know, that's different. But you try to double with a corner and a safety, they gonna say say safety, safety, Safety is not used to cover it. They don't cover Yeah, you know, they're not no. One on one type of thing. They're always back there. They got that cushion between them. So if I ever get head up with you and your safety, the game's over. It's different if you're a cornerback, because they know how to retreat. They they know how to retreat, they know how to cheat, they know how to hold, they how to do alling, just like and we know how to push off, we know how to do all those Thames safeties. They're never in that situation typically.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you this too.
Speaker 5: One of your teams got voted the most complete team.
Speaker 1: Of all time.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you sast probably did not even one Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: And I was about to ask you about that. I had all the teams you played on. You played on some damn good teams. Which one was the most complete?
Speaker 1: To you?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: I know what, I know what the magazine and ESPN voted on. Which one was the most complete team? Where you you felt like every time, y'all when the first quarterball run, y'all, you're like, this is already over.
Speaker 7: I'd probably have to say the ninety one I probably have to say the ninety one team, just because we started off so strong. You know, we could spot you a lead and then just come and take it away, you know, like we And the biggest reason I felt that way is no matter even the games that we lost. Quite Honestwich really was only Dallas, so he thought we'd lost against Philadelphia too, But Joe pulled out. He had pulled off the starters out of the game because it was the playoff situation. But we never thought we was out of a game. And that's I mean, that's I don't care if it could have been forty to nothing in the fourth quarter, yeah, but eight minutes left, we still would think we'd win the football game. And it's just our mindset was that way. And when you got a defenses who was just shutting everybody down, and then you got an offense that can score thirty points in a quarter if they need to, Yeah, that's a hard combination to beat right there. And we just, for some reason that year, everything was all cylinders. We didn't have injuries, everybody was healthy, you know, we went into it. I mean, quite honestly, we should have went undefeated that season. I'm so mad that we didn't go undefeated because everybody wants the perfect record. Everybody's chasing the Dolphins, everybody.
Speaker 4: The Patriots.
Speaker 7: Every lost the most important game. But uh but yeah, I mean we thought it was gonna have it that way, and we probably was a little cocky.
Speaker 6: Probably know it's a libit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the lost.
Speaker 7: Honestly, the loss might have been looking could have been good because it brought us back to reality. We were we were like, I mean, we always ready, always were kind of a little bit cocky player honestly as a team, you know. I mean I remember in my first Super Bowl with the Hogs. I mean they're telling the Broncos what players we're going to run. You know, they're so confident, man, they may letting them know what it is. And so initially I was like, God, so crazy what you're doing. That's when my third year in the league, right, yeah, I'm like, don't be quiet, you know. But by my fourth fifth year and I'm saying, well, I'm telling Dv's what I'm going to do, you know, because Stevie don't know if I'm telling the truth lying to But then what you know is that when you do do it, and then they see that you did do what you said you was a good messers are psyched the next time you play. Oh yeah, so the next time you play them, I'm going to lie to you at that time. Yeah, you know, I'm going to lie to you and tell me run some time around. I'm telling them running postma around corner.
Speaker 2: The way the game has changed now, where's such a pass happy league. The quarterback is so predicted and we see offenses just explode. You look back and say, man, if I was playing today, my numbers, your numbers were already incredible back then. In today's game, I feel like they'd be even bigger than they were.
Speaker 5: The middle of the field is open, yes it was. It was closed when he played because they were knocking peep out.
Speaker 7: Yeah you're getting headaches, you know. And and they bought me in to be the guy to go across the middle of the field. So my initial my first fight, that's what to me. I'm taking that fifteen yard square in, taking that slant, and I was getting headaches every week because I was getting the crap knocked. I was to do it, but you know, that was like my little niche that I was able to do and be able to turn into other things. But if I was playing in today's game, but the amount of times that they throw the rock, yeah, I mean, like Terry's finally breaking some of my records now, but those records are all thirty years old. Yeah, I mean, so, I mean if I was playing now, where I'm gonna catch a hundred balls a year? Yeah, more than one hundred balls a year, come on now, Yeah, we came in. We came in the league when it was a When I first came into the league, fifty catches was the thing. Like if you got fifty catches, he was considered a good receiver. Yeah, you know. And then you know they.
Speaker 6: Running shoot host in Buffalo sho.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And then we turned from like a run first team because Joe has always been a run first, throw second team. We ended up turning it. But he's also looks at his personnel. That's what I loved about Joe, Like he looks at his personnel. And then it slowly after the eighty seventh when we got to about around eighty nineteen eighty nine, we was throw pass, set up to run. Our running back still got a thousand yard yes, yeah, but it's because they thought we was going to throw the ball three downs out of four downs, you know, So it started. You know, we had we had a Joe was just brilliant and how he mastered that offense. I mean, this was unbelievable what we could do with it. And he also allowed us to who want to make a change in the game.
Speaker 4: Better work, Yeah, better work, but you can bring it up.
Speaker 6: But it worked.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I brought it up to the quarterback. We never brought it up to Joe before. We brought it up during the game to the quarterbacks, and then the quarterbacks would have to agree to it, of course. But you know, it's like anything else. We're the pl It was like, for example, you're the defensive back. You know if they call a zone, but you know that you can shut me down, You're gonna go and shut me down, just going to I mean so, but you need a coach that allows you to do those things and don't and then you're not gonna be right every time, you know. But he doesn't hold that against you, and he still allows you to go out there and play your game. And that's what I loved about Joe. He allowed you know, he probably hated me. He even told me, I hate you Monday through Saturday. I love you on Sunday day all day, you know. So, but he's just he was just a magical coach. And you find coaches like that, eventually you win Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Gart I played in pedix Field.
Speaker 5: You've watched a million games in pick Field, but you played it or you care. Uh, I'm sure it's a stark difference in them. Could you paint a picture? Could you take me on a Sunday afternoon, and it just described to me how it felt, maybe even from the drive in, like take me to ir f K and what made it so special?
Speaker 7: We truly had a twelve man It was unbelievable. I mean, you come into the stadium and for the most part, there is no other color jersey in your stadium. Like, for example, when we need the crowd defense, I mean the offense has a ball on the other team, our crowd is loud, and when our offense has a team silent. Yeah, to get stuff into it. I mean it was unbelievable. And I mean the fans. I mean we had like something like an eighty thousand waiting list, you get. I mean we're sold out. We're sold out. It was still sold out before I got there. Yeah, you know, and and again. But when Joe came back to FedEx Field and FedExField got so a common dominant nomination of that is Joe Gibbs. I mean, he he knows how to get his the most out of his player. It was a different type of player when he came back the second time around, it wasn't quite the same type of player. He didn't have the same, same type of control. Like practices were like a little.
Speaker 1: Different, a lot lighter than he will know.
Speaker 7: Like and because you know, we hit, we hit every day. We even you know, we put on shorts on Friday, shorts and shoulder paths and anytime he had shoulder pads.
Speaker 4: On, we were going to hit.
Speaker 1: No we hit, you know.
Speaker 7: So now like practices now, I can kind of see why defensive players tend to miss more tackles now because they don't actually hit in practice anymore. And that's it's kind of hard if you don't practice your craft to become great at it again, you know. I mean if I was being a coach, would be a little different. I know, coach. As a coach, we can't tell you to do that. But what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna cut practice short by hour and a half, and I'm gonna have my captains on the team like fresh smooth. I'm saying, y'all got during Yeah, y'all go out during practice. Then they can do it. They won't do all their own time, So go out there and get it done. Because at the end of the day, the team to go the extra mile are the teams that win in this mark. And I'm guaranteeing the teams that we see that are winning super Bowls, they're doing something that's a little different, that's not by the rules. If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.
Speaker 1: You ain't trying. Ain't we from the nineties, you learn a lot. A legend.
Speaker 3: That's a legend right now, it's been true.
Speaker 7: I mean, think about it, like every play, somebody's cheating what it is, somebody's holding, somebody's pushing up, just what it is, Like I mean, because he is such a good defensive back, there's gonna be a lot of times that he guesses right what I'm doing and he's right on me. So I'm gonna have to push him away to kind of get open. There's gonna be times where he doesn't figure out what I'm doing. He's have to grab my hand and hold me. But it's not gonna look like a whole. The key is mastering your craft, and a lot of people they don't master their craft anymore. They don't take the time to dig in to practice over and over and over again. So this this is a push off. You see that you do not see that, you do not see this push right, But It takes time to master that because if not, you're gonna do that in a game.
Speaker 6: See that. But see now, I had got to the point.
Speaker 5: I know you can't run without your own I used to grab, but I used to swing with him, so I'm not swinging against him.
Speaker 6: To you, it looks like nothing.
Speaker 3: But they're just running together.
Speaker 6: Yes, But now if.
Speaker 5: I grab it and don't run with him, it's gonna look like I'm holding.
Speaker 6: So it's tricks, set of trade to get things done.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's exactly what it is. And that's that's the game of football, and that's what you love about it, you know you love that.
Speaker 4: I have to.
Speaker 7: I would have to sit down and really try to analyze how he played as a defensive back. You know I did that later end of my career. I should have did it, and the very started my career. My career, early part of my crew was just so freaking cocky, ridiculous. It's not fair, it's not fair. I didn't watch film. I didn't really watch film probably until my seventh eighth year in the league.
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Be fair?
Speaker 7: I mean, but for me, if I had to give myself out as you know, how you gotta give yourself an as I'd be like I got for the girl away to play with a chip on my shoulder now and said, okay, now, you don't watch any film, but you so. Now you gotta go out there and you gotta play hard. You gotta give them one hundred percent. You gotta do your thing. But there was games I should have looked at the damn. I was like, this is not a good game, you know. But I think as a player, you gotta do whatever gives yourself that edge mentally that it allows you to play better. And that for me, that's what it wasn't you know what if I don't look at him, that means I gotta bring my best come sudden, you know, in terms of but I prepare because preparation is everything everything for a player to become Like Fred don't want to be good. He wanted to be great. That's why he was a great cornerback, not just a good cornerback. If you just want to be good, you gonna be good. If you want to be great, you gotta work at it and you gotta put in the time. Like when I see people, when you see practices over and that feels nobody's on the field.
Speaker 6: They'll tell you everything you need.
Speaker 7: All right, now, I'll know if the teams could be a good or back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And we started this out by saying this whole podcast by we were talking to Drail what player loves football, that's gonna come.
Speaker 6: They coming because they love you. Pay me later, I've come to play some football. Yeah, that's the difference.
Speaker 3: Well played football as good as it gets. The National Football League.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl Champion, Pro Bowler, All Pro Gary Clark, we appreciate it.
Speaker 6: She would be in the Hall of Fame. But they seem to snub my guy.
Speaker 5: They seem to snub the Washington guy, the Jacobe's of the world, the Brian Mitchell's of the world. I don't know what this internal external hate for the Washington guys coming from, but we're gonna have to make a step forward to get these guys where they just do.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: I'm just glad to be on y'all podcast.
Speaker 2: Geek Official Chickening partner of the Washington Commanders, the Dealer's Finalize there.
Speaker 3: The do is member the Commander's family. If you haven't hear the name yet, you get used to it.
Speaker 1: You see it on the show.
Speaker 2: And if you're buying or selling tickets to Commander's games, a Drake concert, a Kendrick concert, any live event in the d M, the Segek is the place to do it. See the official Tikety partner of the Washington Commander.
Speaker 1: I'm batman. He's robbing. But you know what, it ain't no him without me. That just the way it goes. So we introduce to Shun Springs. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: We used to talk, We used to talk doing the game about nothing, what to do with the game.
Speaker 1: Like we one day we was in New York.
Speaker 8: I don't know why we just played. Now I'm a preface. He's gonna tell the story. We just played them like two weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Okay, we in New York. Right, we come to the huddle. Brandon Jakes just ran me over.
Speaker 1: It is Monday night game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, three hundred pounds all right, dude, we get to the huddle this man wait wait, relaxed man style.
Speaker 1: I was like, is it me?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: These dudes really giants.
Speaker 5: Because we looked at they huddled right, Shock is six five to fifty Plexico six six two forty Eli six Brandon James six A Monday too of the.
Speaker 1: Smallest person on the team six three two.
Speaker 8: Let me let me preface this. Now, this is the start of the game. We just played these guys. Now we know the conference is big, and smooth comes to me, this is the first series talking. I said, oh, he must be already playing in this trip.
Speaker 4: He tells me.
Speaker 8: They're big and somebody's gonna get hurt.
Speaker 2: I said, what.
Speaker 5: We played football, I said. I said, we always get hurt. Dude ain't over this smile and he ain't got two teeth. And then not like we are going to get hurt to days.
Speaker 8: To me, I said, I said, okay, you're gonna check out what you're doing. He said, I just gotta make some business decisions. I said, it's the last game to see is the Houston.
Speaker 4: We ain't going nowhere?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: And they toss sweeping it to me the first time. The first time, I make the tack, cringe tackle like I'm hurting. Second time, he just flat out running over.
Speaker 4: And then he ran him over and smoops like kicking his legs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm I'm not gonna flee in there. I was like, you know what, I'm like, run if they run this thing. The third time you need to get down here. You need to get down here. Now we ran covered to they tossed it just like I thought. I look back at the run. I look at Brandon business you said some time so plus the code kind of grabs. He ran himself, you know, ple plus co Helmel block.
Speaker 4: He ran himself out of the plate.
Speaker 5: I'm wrestling with plexa coach slow motion. I turn and I look and I see a collision the run and Brandon Jacobs and Brandon Jacob just crushes him, and I think it changed Laburn life. So go to him to get him off the ground. He has just looking his eyes. He comes in there, he just had to look at that.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 8: Now, now, I'm gonna tell a story. Comes to me and he's got his head down on side.
Speaker 4: I said, what's up, dude? He said, I told.
Speaker 5: You somebody I've been telling y'all.
Speaker 8: Nobody want to listen to me, he said. I said, he said, let me tell you something. I said, what's wrong with Lebron?
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 8: I said, I've never been the same again. He said, I told you so. I'm like, okay, he said. He said, I'm gonna tell you about it in the film room. But it got bad. Listen, and Lebron happened. I said, what happened? He said, it got bad?
Speaker 1: And Lebrun changed after this, I mean he turned out the guy killed. He turned into a bodybuild after this.
Speaker 3: I remember when he went nuts on just trying to get ripped Withever.
Speaker 5: Yes, Brandon Jacobs brand Brandon Jacob's situation.
Speaker 1: We know the same, La run and I felt like it was my fault.
Speaker 4: It was the because you put the powder of a dead body around, Yes.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 1: It was the chalk line.
Speaker 5: It was a man there when I looked at him, get up, man, you know.
Speaker 6: It up.
Speaker 1: It can't be that man.
Speaker 2: Uh like.
Speaker 5: It was one of the worst Collidgeons I ever seen in my life and changed my boy. And now to the day he won big Nick muscle somewhere, we still swollen for no reason. You remember we went out one night. He came to my house, so we went out.
Speaker 1: We go and get them.
Speaker 8: I wasn't going to he had a monkey. I told you about the monkey had.
Speaker 5: Time, yes, sir, but listen, he would literally, we're finna go out. He came to my house. I like, I opened the door for the run. He went right downstairs like what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 5: He went right to my weight room that never got used. He's down there lifting weights before we go to the club.
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 5: I like what you're doing now. He like, I gotta be a she was walking in here and that was Now. I'm gonna do my official apology, Ron Landry. I am sorry that I did not squeeze that gap, that I did not sacrifice myself. But the football guy said they needed a sacrifice at that time, and I read it.
Speaker 1: You didn't me. You know it happens.
Speaker 8: Man, oh man, you're the worst teammate that indeed.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you another story of jinks. We're playing against the Rams in preseason.
Speaker 8: Tory Hoape, that's preferences before smoot the size that he's gonna bother Elsie All. He's gonna get in a fight before the game. Like we got in an argument on the bus in the locker room. In the locker room and he told him he was gonna beat him up.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 5: I didn't get along with CP all, la Vernie's all these guys because they just like they.
Speaker 1: Played too much.
Speaker 4: We out here working players.
Speaker 5: See this is out here dominating and you dudes ain't doing nothing.
Speaker 4: Call him a clowns, show clowns.
Speaker 1: At the end of.
Speaker 5: The day, y'all putting up ten points of damn game, were giving up, died, we can't win, and then you're laughing every day bringing.
Speaker 1: McDonald's in the damn building like so.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, check he told him they were clowns. It wasn't serious about football.
Speaker 5: And guess what we got rid of Lavernie sit next here, and everything else worked itself out.
Speaker 1: So now we in the game.
Speaker 5: Right to catch an outright on you supposed to be supposed to be supposed to be a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 8: Damn hard to check. I get up at the tackling here. We're playing man, no great player. Week two we're playing all man. He doesn't play anything else, straight man against the get. He catched the ball on our sideline. I get up, look up, said he laughing. Lavernie is laughing.
Speaker 5: I'm like, you know what, when I get back to the sideline, I'm gonna kick your hands and your ass.
Speaker 3: So you young at them while on the Oh yeah.
Speaker 8: Yes, he's gonna fight this guys, he said, When I get to the sideline, y'all know what it is like man, he likes, Man, relax, He's like, you want me to jump on the I'm like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: So I'm upset.
Speaker 5: I'm emotionally there doing the game and I'm like this dude, he don't make it any better.
Speaker 1: Like this is what he does. He's attacking this and that's what he does.
Speaker 4: Oh man, this is funny. Man. I got some stories.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: The New England Patriot game was that's a funny one.
Speaker 1: But listen, I was hurt, so I'm not dressed and this is the.
Speaker 4: Let me tell the story. Let me tell the story.
Speaker 8: That week we are gonna play the Patriots, who are undefeated. They got Randy Moss, they are scoring, they didn't broke the record halfway during the most prolific offense halfway during the season. Now we're the number one pass defense. Carlos, myself, Smooth, Sean Taylor were Sean was nothing the game and Lawn Smooth during the week pulls his hamstring right because Jerry got us running, go smooth pulling. So we go up there still confident. We're down a little bit, but we know our defense is our defense. We go out there and we get fifty put on us.
Speaker 4: So bad.
Speaker 1: Hear them. It was so bad.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what's the coach of Minnesota? He was the third string quarterback. He covered a kick and didn put his quarterback helmet on. Kevin the quarterback for minute of the head coach for Minnesota? What's the head coach for Mine?
Speaker 1: O'Connor?
Speaker 4: Kevin O'Connell, what's thirsteam quarterback? He literally covered a kick.
Speaker 8: At quarterback and then came and put a quarterback helmet and then scored two testdowns on us.
Speaker 4: That's that's the true story.
Speaker 8: We got whooped, and we go in the locker room and coach Gibb goes, hey, man, it happens.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 8: Years later I found out that coach Gibbs pretty much got I think coach Belichick fired when he was at Cleveland and the Redskins went up there and they just smacked him, and Bill got fired.
Speaker 4: He didn't want to get him back, so they wanted to get him back.
Speaker 8: So it was one of those things where we went in there and we just got a hammer. Coach Gibbs, we get on the plane, I'm like, I'm down, I'm down. Smooth goes tell me, he said, you know, would been different if I played.
Speaker 5: You know how we were missing with me right, I sat by fifty.
Speaker 4: But if it had been different if I played played with the.
Speaker 1: War Hey Collos tears his knee up.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's third playing.
Speaker 1: You need to be killful. They all burning people help in right, you need to be careful.
Speaker 8: I'm on Randy Moss like I think I know. I'm checking masks the oldest over there getting touch like, I'm on the sideline and I'm like, you know what, try to coach you up?
Speaker 1: They run a do we know that?
Speaker 5: But I'm always coaching from the sideline A go because I'm a team player. Like if I can't play, at least I can share some knowledge. Now I just seen Tom do this to Randy.
Speaker 1: Watch out. I'm looking like you need to watch out?
Speaker 5: And then what I that what I love about the game though people don't really get. It's a game inside the game that only players get to share. And I think that's the that's the memories we take. We don't think about what happened in the game. We'll think about those times and we share those times, and I think they would make us close Like that thing. I want to thank my homeboys Shun Springs aka the Blue Foot of d C for coming in most It's always fun when I telled that were you know how this is, but let's pay some bills to get loud.
Speaker 1: Podcast is brought to you by.
Speaker 5: Bet three sixty five, the official sport and bet partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets with Bet three six y five apps for your own personalized betslip in parlays Act six thousands with live screaming, place your bet before the match, are doing the game.
Speaker 1: It's up to you.
Speaker 5: Download Bet three sixty five app today and join eighty million Yes I said eighty million members worldwide. H twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem call it texts one eight hundred, gambleer and mwaa. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life don't escape us. We dream any place, anywhere. On a blink of eye, we're there. That's the wonder flight. All you have to do is decide where to Dullis International Airport. Let you imagination sword book your adventure today at flight Dullis dot com.
Speaker 1: Slash none stop.
Speaker 3: Here on the show, Great guests Gary Clark Popp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had some great gifts. Shun spree Sean came yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we're gonna keep it going now and bring in Rentley Weisman. Follow him on Twitter at Rentley twelve. He's a former NFL draft scout, yeah, draft analyst, and he had this really great thread not too long ago where he compared NFL quarterbacks draft quarterbacks yeah to characters from Game of Thrones, and you, more than anyone I know, is a huge Game of Thrones guy.
Speaker 1: I thoroughly enjoy it, enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: I was mad at you, though, because I wanted you to do old lineman. I want the hound to come in there. I want you to do some defense, lab, I want you to like Once I seen him do that, it started my it started my wheels.
Speaker 1: To turn, and I was like, well, yeah, I can compare some of these guys also.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm gonna throw out a few of these. Yeah, and Fred, I'm gonna let you guys. I'm gonna enjoy it, like everyone.
Speaker 1: Wait, let's go to Western ROAs on him right quick.
Speaker 6: I'm probably gonna get something.
Speaker 3: Caleb williams Oberon Martel.
Speaker 5: I was shocked that you pick ober In with Kate, because when I see Caleb, all I can think of is the Prince who was promised.
Speaker 1: All I can think of is John Snow.
Speaker 5: You know, it's been so much said about Caleb Williams, and I'm talking about two, three, four years.
Speaker 1: He just hung around this So I was like.
Speaker 5: You know what, to me, Caleb Posita the star of this show. He's the prince who was promised. He's Robert Barratian, meaning he has been up there so long that he's got the fat red disease that he.
Speaker 1: Doesn't rule like he used to rule. What do you think about those two comparisons.
Speaker 9: I do like the John Snow comparison, just just for the prince I was promised. I think that is a great obviously saying that could be attached to Caleb Williams. The thing with John Snow is though, like he is much more of the stoic, much more of the play with instructure, certainly not a risk taker. By he means he's he's not that guy were Caleb Williams. You know, his main kind of you know, you want to call it a down you know, negative trade or you know we're scouting him mean Some of his concerns is he plays too much out of structure, he invites chaos, doesn't like to take the small wins, loves to go for the kind of hero shot, the kill ball, and that leads me to ober and Martella. I mean, look, he is one of, if not the greatest fighter in Western I's history, a master and a bunch of a bunch of different kind of poisons and things like that, very similar to Caleb william Is. Where Caleb can you know, throw from different armis armed angles, he can throw off platform. Oberin can kill off platform. He can kill from a different lot of different angles. And to me, the issues that both would have or they're very much over not excessive, but they try to do too much right, They can't just take the he win, lived to fight the next down. We saw with Caleb Williams this year at USC refuse to take the shutdown, refuse to throw the ball, the ball away that would cause interceptions that called turnovers. Ober and Martel refuse to just take the easy win against the mountain, got to cocky, started talking and gave up the wing. So I like the John Snow comparison, but I got to stick at my ober Marteau one, Oh.
Speaker 1: I like that one. I like that he kind of he kind of sliced and dice me right there. But the Prince's problems, I thought it was just so perfect right there.
Speaker 3: Do both of these guys paint their nails?
Speaker 1: I don't know, no, no, no, you know what Obra and Martel. He is the guy I do that. I know he is the guy to do that.
Speaker 5: And he's flashy. He's right about there. He's flashy. He's gonna be edgy when he do stuff. And also he had the mountain right where he wanted him and he just had to just just splurge a little bit too long cost him his life.
Speaker 3: Let's go with another one here, Drake May Rob Stark.
Speaker 5: Now, when you said Drake May is Rob Stark, I tried to think. I looked around and I said, you know what, so litt Jamie Lanister in there, the best saw it in Western roast over there.
Speaker 1: But then when you when you said Rob Stark, I said, yeah, the young wolf.
Speaker 5: And I looked at the quarterbacks, and he is the youngest out the bunch. One of the best leaders.
Speaker 1: Can't be overzealous at some time.
Speaker 5: So I actually agreed it was one of the few I agreed with you with Rob Stark.
Speaker 1: Tell me why you chose Rob at this one?
Speaker 9: Yeah, So you know, Rob starts and Drake May, I think makes a lot of sense. As you mentioned, Uh, you know, Rob Stark's nicknaming the show is the Young Wolf and Drake May is the youngest of these quarterback prospects, and really both had a lot of success early on in their careers. Think about Drake May, he first popped under the scene as true freshman. I mean he was phenomenal, and then he followed up the freshman year with a great, great sophomore year. And and look at Rob Stark, I mean he won his first four battles, got three battles in the Battles of the Five Kings, one obviously at the Whispering Would where he was able to kind of capture Jamie l Anister. So I mean, I see a lot of similarities with the early success. But with that early success led to kind of their later struggles. Right where Drake May, I think he had such early success, he was really over confident in his ability to make some throws. I think Drake may Is issue is he has a rocket arm, He's very accurate down the field, he knows where to go to football, but there are times where he takes these risks. He makes these decisions that our dress will watch.
Speaker 6: You make that throw.
Speaker 9: You know you're throwing into double coverage.
Speaker 6: I know you can get it.
Speaker 9: There, but there's higher percentage throws available. You didn't have to take that risk. Same with Rob Stark. I mean he did not have to cross the you know, cross the bridge to the to the Twins to try to go through Walter Frey after he already betrayed him, like he didn't have to execute his his bannerman more cars start was. There's unnecessary risks that both of them take later in their career that I think stemmed from their early success, and so I think that makes a lot of sense. They both have high upside. I love me about to start. He was a character before his untimely end. But I think this one makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 5: I see a lot of Denari's first husband, Joe Goo in him too, because he started off, like you said, started off so fast, but then framed out before he even could get started.
Speaker 3: All these cameras are coming.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that going to be like I might get this name wrong, Jane Daniels, and are you start? Are your stock? You hit it right on the head right there.
Speaker 5: Now, this is one that I really really gotta get you on right here, because why do you are you for?
Speaker 1: Jane Daniels?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, for me, it's the career growth, right. You think about where Aria started. She was, I think the know, the thirty youngest of the Stark children, the youngest little girl of the Stark children. And she really kind of went after Ned was executed. She had to go into hiding with the up to the wall with God blaking on his knee. But you know, up up up to the wall, right with the hound and the guy from the Gosh the Knight's Watch, and her journey, I mean she's in rags to rickets, right, she is literally sleeping on the road on the King's Road is at the lowest point, and you know, you just see her evolution from okay, yeah, she's on the King's Round as a traveler, and then she goes to Bravos and learns the ways of the many faced Men, and then she comes back to West ROAs and kind of seeks yourvenge for the starts and you just kind of see her grow step steps season by season, which ultimately leads her to kind of be the hero of the show in The Long Night, where she kind of is able to make the finishing kill against the Night King and Cyber. Spoilers for those who haven't watched the game with the rounds, but at that point you probably should have by now, so I don't feel too bad. I think Jayden Daniels, right, Jayden Daniels, I mean think I'm a Pac twelve guy. You see the Oregon stuff. I've watched Jayden Daniels since his true freshman year at Arizona State. I think this is back in twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, so I mean he played Herbert. I mean, so he's been around the block. You see him steadily improved year after year after year after year, which obviously culminates to this past year, which legend in the Heiden Trophy led him to go from a mid round quarterback who has some athleticism, has some upside to now a surefire top five prospect, a guy who is arguably the second best quarterback in this class. I think there's a lot of similarities in the growth of the two. You know, of Aria and Jaden Daniels, and then it's fun. Obviously, I can kind of view the dual threat thing. Aria obviously really good with the sword but also has a dual threat with the ability to.
Speaker 6: Change faces and a kind of stuff.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly, and Jane and Daniels obviously with his legs in his arm. And then lastly the slender frames. I think it's an easy kind of throwing. Dad and Daniels scrownie, very slight, Aria obviously very slight, very scrownie. Both have to, you know, take better care in terms of not taking big hits, not taking shots to make sure they last in their careers. And so I really like this one.
Speaker 1: I liked them.
Speaker 9: Surprised he didn't like it.
Speaker 1: No, I did, Like you, I like to throw a card ball in there.
Speaker 5: Speaking of the many face men, jack and hood gud who that's who I when I looked at it, I'm like, you know.
Speaker 1: What, because he got many faces.
Speaker 5: Jane Daniels, like you said, he started all kind of slow in Arizona State. Indeed, he busted on the scene and unless you and he became the kingslive. So at the end of the day, when I say Jackie hjoh. I'm saying, which face am I getting from jayde Daniels?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Is he a little bit of RG three? Is he more CJ? Scrubb is like when you see him who like? Sometimes he confuses me? And that's why I chose JACKI and Hujah because I like, that's a dude that got many faces. He could be who he needs to be. You brought that up.
Speaker 5: He could be who he needs to be any game. If he needs to rest for one hundred yards, he a rest for one hundred. Yet if you need to throw for four hundred, he could throw.
Speaker 1: For four hundred. So I thought you would go with him because he can adjest to any situation.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 9: I really like that angle.
Speaker 6: Love that angle.
Speaker 2: Actually he's Brientley Weisman, former NFL scout and draft and let's follow him on Twitter at Brentley twelve. Obviously he knows his Game of Thrones as well, and we appreciate the time Brientley, thank you so much. Thanks for being with us here to get loud podcasts. That's just a little bit of what we talked about the past year.
Speaker 3: And we got a lot more to come.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being with us.
Speaker 2: The views and opinion is expressed by our podcast Guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.