Speaker 1: The volume TD Tuddy taking it to the house reservations for six. Whatever you call a touchdown, one thing's for sure. Touchdowns matter more at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or the defense, we don't care how you score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and at Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first NFL bet, try something as simple as betting on a player to score touchdown. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your bet today. Ready to do your touchdown dance of your own. New Draft King customers can bet five bucks and get two hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bet and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium. Download the Draft Kings sports app. Use code Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus best when you bet just five books and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueance. See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap and the Chief take Down. VI Atlanta Falcons. I am your favorite unc shiannon sharp. He is your favorite. Number eighty five a rock runner extraordinary. The Liberty City is owned. They call it Liberty Cities Finess. The Pro Bowl of the All Pro from the Cincinnati Bengals. The Ring of Fame Honoree. That's chad Ocho Cinco Johnson. Most people just call it Mocho. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that like button and do us a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from, and remember every subscriber matters, and we thank you for mattering the most. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stock so it will not take very long to get to you, and if you can't find it in a city or a state near you, reach out to our e commerce site and get it shipped directly to your door. Please go follow my media company page on all platforms. That's Shayshed Media and my clothing company eighty four, which is eighty four spelled out. We did these tea's right here, Club Shasha, the one with Ocho and on the front of the Nightcap toward all these from my clothing brand. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. Unk and Oho t's are backing stop, I repeats, are back in stop. Thank you for your support, and again I'm going to reiterate. If you are to merch in the last three weeks, is shipping out next week, so we're going to start shipping as early as Monday. I don't know where you're located, but we're going to get that to you within the week. So let's get right into it, Ojoe. We got a jam packed show tonight. The Chiefs go on the road and win a very highly contested, a very good ball game twenty to seventeen over the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 4: They get a stop on fourth down.
Speaker 1: Algier couldn't barge his way through on thirty one, so the Falcons have to go board on fourth and inches and B John Robinson the ball carrier, and here it is, Ojo. They covered up all the blockers and they say, Nick Bolton, you gotta make a play. B John Robinson. You either got to run him over or you got to make him miss. He didn't neither, and the Chiefs get the ball back.
Speaker 5: Well, listen, Bolton scraped better than the goddamn goddamn butter knife. He scraped filled that hole right away. So there's really nothing for B. J. Robbin to be able to do it in that inscence. For one, I'm questioning the play call on fourth and inches. If they got the they got the box stack, right, Yeah, everything that's covered, right, So what's the first thing to do? You do something outside of the tennis and on what you would normally run on the fourth and inches. Man, I'm play action, faking it out to belly and got the tight end, maybe coming out the backside and doing something different as opposed to what they think you're gonna do on fourth and inches.
Speaker 2: They think you know you're gonna run the ball. Do the complete opposite. Surprise them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're gonna go, if you're gonna go for it, throw the whole deck out, throw the whole kitten and sink out.
Speaker 2: Do something different in that scenario.
Speaker 5: I mean, if Spags knew he had the right play call and Bolt made a hell of a goddamn play.
Speaker 4: I think in that situation, on Joe, you go which because if.
Speaker 1: They throw that ball on fourth and inches, what are you gonna say? Man, you got b Jon Robinson, you took your top tier pick, you got Alga right there the backfield.
Speaker 5: Okay, well you ran the ball, you got the top you got the top ten pick, you ran the ball, and you still got stopped.
Speaker 1: Okay, you got to give the defense some credit. Spas did a great job of covering everybody up. When you cover all the blockers up, somebody's gonna be free. Now you tell your back you because he ain't no block, he's unblocked. You either got to run him over or you gotta make him miss. Those are your only two options because now you take it all your skill. Your wide receivers are off the field. You brought in big personnel, so they know you're gonna run the ball. And if we can't the first of all, if we can't get an inch, hell we don't deserve to win the game. On Joe, all you gotta do is sticky call out.
Speaker 2: But didn't you hear what you just said?
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, the game of football, it's all about mind games. It's a it's a game of chess between the two coordinators. Now, you just said they want big personnel in. When you bring big personnel in, what's the first thing.
Speaker 2: What's the first thought? Okay, you know what? They running the ball? Hello, common sense?
Speaker 5: The first thing trickery bringing big personnel, play some faith, do something different than what they expect you to do.
Speaker 2: This is surprise, hasn't been catching them off guard.
Speaker 5: I guarantee you got the first and they also missed the passing apference in the end zone. And I'm gonna ask you what you thought about the passing affair and chat Kyle Pitts an end zone that was supposed to be passing apference because he's all over pits before the ball even gets there and done turn around and look for the ball that should have been that should have been.
Speaker 4: Line yea, yeah, I just take the look the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Look, the Chief's gonna have to do a better job once they're getting the red zone oho of scoring touchdowns and not kicking field goals. That almost cost them again because you see they're getting down there, they're getting down there. I mean they had it first and goal set a forth field goals. They had it like on the fifteen or the ten yard line and set a for a field goal. Eventually that catches up with you. Kicking field goals loses you ball game. Touchdown wins you game. They were very, very fortunate tonight to win this ball game. Like I said, Cousins is so hampered by his he's never been mobile, so you imagine it's kind of like Marino when Marino told his achy league Marino was never mobile, but once he once he towar it. Where do you really think he's going now? And you see how hard it is for him to run that stretch play Oho, it's all he got and he's thinking about it so much. He almost bobbled the ball. He almost fumbled one trying to get out there to stretch, and Bjean did a great job of scooping it off the turf with one hand.
Speaker 4: But it's really difficult.
Speaker 1: Fast did a great job of putting pressure on him, knowing that he's not going anywhere.
Speaker 4: Where's he gonna go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's never been mobile, he's never been the most athletic quarterback. He could, you know, get a first down here and there, but nah, tonight, I thought the Chiefs defense has been playing unbelievable. You have to give those guys credit, O sho, you have to give them credit. They've been playing unbelievable. Andy Readers doing a great job of manufacturing because think about it, he's without Hollywood, he loses a Pacheco and so now he's just trying to find ways. Rashid Rice did a great job twelve four buck ten, but nobody else Kelsey four for thirty on five targets two for seventeen, but he had a big touchdown thirteen yard touchdown worthy.
Speaker 4: Uh so really nobody.
Speaker 1: But again, you see what they're doing if very ballotd thirty nine pass attempts, thirty three rush attempts.
Speaker 4: You see the ballots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny when I think about it, and I know we're talking about the Chiefs, I'm thinking about the opportunities that the Falcons had to close the game at the end, at the end when they had the ball.
Speaker 2: The last year they had the ball.
Speaker 5: Spags man and man on the backside, Drake London sixty four, sixty five, whatever it may be. Put the ball in reach. That's touchdown, right, that's touched down. He slipped Listen to the corners playing hard outside. Yeah, he slips up me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And Kirk Cousin throws the ball short long? Does he throw the ball short? He throws it far inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You put a little bit more touch on that. The game is over, you win. Yeah, you say it all the time. The game is about moments. Making plays at the right time, making throws at the right time, making catches at the right time. It changes such a trinty of the game, and that right there. He makes that throw, the Falcons win the game. They get that passing the parents end zone, they win the game.
Speaker 1: Well it's still I mean, you gonna give Patrick Mahomes what he asked. I think he had two to three timeouts and the ball back, so all they need is to feel go unless you go for two and get that. So now you're twenty five twenty two. A field goal only ties you. They need to touch down to beat you. And that was a great release by London. That's a young corner over there, and he knows he can't give up. He can't give up an outside release, so he's playing hard outside. London stabs him outside releases inside and did a great job. Then it did Stacking did a great job, and he started widening. Hey, I got you in a trail. I'm gonna keep your ass in the trail position. And I don't know if Kurt thought he was gonna stay where he was and not. You know, because your job is with you released inside. I've got to get back on my point because I gotta be forty two and four. I gotta be four yards from the sideline. That's where the ball's coming. Plus I got a headache inside. That's in the center field. So I'm trying to get away from him as far where as I can because that's problems.
Speaker 4: So look, it's either you and I.
Speaker 1: You and I have the luxury of sitting up here against hindsight and guessing, and we do see a lot of things that maybe they should have done differently, or they could have done differently. I'm not so sure I do anything. Atlanta, they ran they I mean, if you really look at Ojo v Jon Roberts has sixteen carries for thirty one yards. Algier has seven carries for thirty two yards. So it wasn't like they were getting a whole lot running the football.
Speaker 4: I think they tried to run the football.
Speaker 1: You gotta keep them honest, knowing that you don't have a quarterback that doesn't have that has limited mobility, So I gotta keep you honest. I think the Chiefs run the ball because they're trying to protect that offensive line. We gotta get some play action because if we just drop back and let them t off on us, that's that's bad for us. But the Chiefs go on the road. They won a very tough ball game to seventeen over the Atlanta Falcons. But I still think the Falcons are a good team, O Joe. I think they're a good team. I think the defense is young, but they are offensively. I think they're gonna be okay. I really, I really do. I like Piss, I like Drake London, I like Mooney. They got two backs, one's power, one speed. H They just they gotta find a way to stop kicking field goals, stop hurt because they go down the field and then they'll go three, four to five possessions where they do absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: But you know, the closer you get.
Speaker 5: To the red zone, the more difficult it is to score unless you score from far out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, once you figure those issues out, I think they're gonna be fine on the defense end. Listen, they got them two young bulls back there, Man second team All Pros last year, paid together, and Simmons and Baits.
Speaker 2: They gonna they're gonna be fine. Aj Terrell is playing good football. Obviously.
Speaker 5: You know people say, oh he's he's getting burnt list and every DV gets beat. Yeah, that's part of the game. Yeah, and you know from the Falcons, gonna be alright. They're gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: Competed the knight.
Speaker 5: They competed to night against the Super Bowl champs from last year. And if you can play that against them, the plays that you missed, those moments that you missed, you capitalize on. Those were having a different story tonight. We having a completely different story tonight on who won the game.
Speaker 1: They got to find ways to win these home games. They go on the road last week, Oh your remember was that Monday night? And they beat Philly in Philly. They lose at home to Pittsburgh, they lose at home to Kansas City. These are the games that you got to win and give yourself some confidence because often they could easily be three and oh, they could easily be oh in three. But you've got to find a way to win these one possession games more times than not. So right now they're one to two in one possession game. I think there was a one possision game. Maybe Pittsburgh kicked the Lake Field Gold that made it a two possession game, but if I'm not mistaken, I think it was at one point it was a one possession game late in the ball game with the Steelers and the Foulcons the first game of the season. But give the chief credit. They find a way to go on the road to win. Patrick Mahomes twenty six and thirty nine two seventeen to touchdown. And if you go back and look at my home, it's not like he's playing great Joe. He's missing right now. He's missing some throws. He had rights on a shallow and he throws it back here. People don't realize how hard it is to catch a ball when you running full speed one way.
Speaker 2: The opposite way and the ball behind you.
Speaker 1: That's a hard ENO's hard. I'm just you know somebody that caught football for a living. That's a very hard that's a very hard throat, very hard catch to make. But uh, he lost to the ball and the ends on the Justin Simmons because he was lazy.
Speaker 4: He stared him down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Justin Simmons was on the far Halsh center watching his eyes, watching his eyes, and you see.
Speaker 5: He's like, oh oh, but that that's something that's something Mahomes can work on to. Something that he can probably do extremely well. Is you get that snap out of gun or from on the center and stare right down the barrel.
Speaker 2: Yes, stare, stare right down the barrow to hold him then yeah, and hold him a little bit then then throw the ball.
Speaker 5: But I mean, obviously Mahomes won to have his eye on the target, so we know it's going to let it go.
Speaker 2: But it y it gives a safety a key to let him know where you're going with the ball.
Speaker 4: Yep, you're right. So Chiefs hold on for a victory.
Speaker 1: They moved to three and Ohero the Falcons lose twenty two to seventeen.
Speaker 4: They fall to one and two.
Speaker 1: Lost two games at home, which is not good, but they got a nice roster. I love that Raheem is doing and hopefully they can find a way to win one of these one possession ball games. Oh Jo, The Ravens go on the Road, Georgia.
Speaker 4: The Ravens Go on the Road. Survival Lates came from.
Speaker 2: The con Boy. That was a good ass game by the Ravens. Go on the Road.
Speaker 1: Survival Lates came from the Cowboys to secure their first win of the season. Dallas lost his second straight home game to fall to one and two and had some issues to work out on the defensive side of the football. The Cowboys have allowed five hundred and fifty seven yards rushing, are the most at that most through that franchise's history. Through three games since nineteen sixty three, Deck Henry ran one fifty one yards on twenty five carries and two touchdowns. Henry has his twelfth career game with one hundred and fifty plus rushing yards and two plus rushing touchdowns, tie for the second most in the NFL, tie with Ladani and Thomason won behind the legendary great Jim Brown. Henry told James Slater he was looking forward to this one after wanting to play for Dallas.
Speaker 4: He lives. He trains in Dallas in the offseason.
Speaker 1: After the game, Jerry Jones was asked about upgrading the roster. He says he doesn't think that's an issue. I like our personnel. Jerry is delusional when asked specifically about not going after Derek Henry this offseason. We couldn't afford Derrick Henry. Jerry, you know that. Unfortunately, Jerry, that isn't true. But here's the problem, Ojo, and it's rearing his head again. After building up a big lead, Baltimore was up by twenty two and they almost gave it away.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Cowboys have some things they need to fix on the defense end of the ball. Now the formula's out there, there a team, but teams are watching the game, and how do we how do we beat or get ahead on the Cowboys?
Speaker 2: You run the ball, now, only you run the ball.
Speaker 5: You run the ball right downhill, right through the throat. You don't need no tricks, no motion, no nothing. Put a hat on the hat and run the ball. Run the ball left, run the ball right, stretch left, stretch right.
Speaker 2: It's easy, easy formula.
Speaker 5: Until they find a way, and until coch Zimmer finds a way the clog up that middle, they're gonna have to.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, I made a simple suggestion. Put Derrick Henry in the eye, either so low or with a full back. He's not a zone read guy. He doesn't need to be even with the quarterback. Put him in the eye. He's an old school I back. Put it with a When you see what they did where they started putting him in the eye, and you put that recard in front of him, you see what happened. He all of a sudden, it's ten, it's twelve, it's fifteen. That's how you have to use him. The reason why you got Jared Hearry Derek Henry was not a zone read guy. In Tennessee. He won Oppositive Player of the Year. He rush for two thousand yards dot the eye. If you want the guy to have success like he had where you got him from, you've got to use him in the way that he was used.
Speaker 4: What made you fall in love with him to bring him into your fold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's that's an office coordinator, that's all.
Speaker 5: And I don't think what they don't what they don't want to do is they don't want to go away from what they're used to. They don't want to go away from what makes Lamar Jackson comfortable. What makes Lamar Jackson comfortable is having that guy damn running back on his.
Speaker 2: Left him or right.
Speaker 5: Yes, now you have understand you got to manipulate things a little bit and play to the strengths of your players like you just and if you know the strength of what Derrick Henry does is based on the eye and having a goddamn fullback in front.
Speaker 2: Of them, boom, have some packages?
Speaker 5: Will you do just that to make him comfortable where he can play at his best and then have some some packages or change or take Derry Henry out and have some different in there for your other running back, where you're gonna have with lamarkt be in the shotgun and have a running back on his left hip or his right hip, you know, for the little r p O players. Whatever, whatever you want to do, you want to give it to him, you want to you want to keep it, whatever you whatever, whatever it may be. But the scary thing about it is is when god damn Derrick Henry is on that right here for that left here and he put that ball in his belly, they gonna react. And nine times out of ten they gonna react to wherever twenty two is going.
Speaker 1: I play at Labar because I don't believe that. I don't believe Derek Hemry can hurt me from that promation. I don't believe it.
Speaker 2: Look, look, look what happened at the end of the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, on the land the cel it when la Mark kept it.
Speaker 1: But if I'm not mistaken, I don't think d Henry was in the game. I thought I think forty three, who's forty three?
Speaker 4: Heel?
Speaker 2: I think Justice Hill was in the game. That's what it was.
Speaker 4: I think so that last month, But he can't it got the first down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, Okay, okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: But if you see what blew the game open forty five rush attempts two hundred and seventy four yards. The only thing that I'm surprised about. I thought Lamar Jackson would get one hundred yards off. So I knew Derrick Henry was gonna give it because they were go give him enough carry so he could get a hundred. And if you can't rush for when everybody else is rush for one hundred, it's like hold on you. It's like you watching game tape and you see everybody else porch in that corner.
Speaker 4: Hey, coach, Hey, he.
Speaker 1: Done gave up three, He done gave up four rob receivers in a row a hundred yard. Hey, don't come in here. Let us Bailey's ass out. Let's take it five. Yeah, give Derek. Listen, John Harball. Look, you coached and been in the league longer than I have. But don't let your pride get you way. Derrick Henry is a work hors back, and the more you give him the ball, the better he's going to get. Now, I get it's hard, and fans like, oh, it's hard to build a big lead like that and keep it because you're telling your cordners, okay.
Speaker 2: Let's not do anything.
Speaker 1: So you get all your conservative and what happens is you get a couple of three and outs and the office, the posing team offense comes on the field and all of a sudden they string together a couple of ten twelve play drives. Now you go another three out. Your defense tired. Your defense is tired. Yeah, the on side kicks, they flies. You got to understand that, bro, When that ball quivered like that, you can't get it from the side. You got to ship do what you did the next time. You see what he did. He got his body all the way over there.
Speaker 2: Listen, it's like playing baseball.
Speaker 5: It's like if you're a shortstop on those get your boy, get you get your body in front of the ball right so it can't gets can't get trying to pick it up from the side, and.
Speaker 4: That because it's it's like a top. It's spinning like this exactly.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna take See normally, oh Joe, everybody used to kick it and they expect them to take.
Speaker 2: That bounce in the bounce, Yeah, they didn't do that.
Speaker 1: And it ain't gonna take no bounds it's gonna keep spinning like a top and so. And you know, you see how shiny that ball was. That's not the ball that they rough up them. Kicking balls are different than the balls they actually play with. The balls they play with and they let you rough them up, they let you practice with them, and you give them to Those are different type of balls. But I love I love the Ravens the way they I thought they could rush. I thought they were that rush for at least two fifty. They got to seventy four. So I'm not surprised by that. Go back and look at the Cowboys history over the last five or six years, look at the game they've lost, and look out the teams have run the football. This is not the first time the Ravens played them. A couple of years ago it ran for damn near three hundred. Cleveland ran for three hundred, Arizona ran for damn near three hundred. The Packers, the forty nine ers, that's their achilles hell. They ain't got got see the Cowboys a belt to play with the lead. That's why you got those edge rushers. You get Michael screaming off the edge. Now, when you got the hold, you got something other to think about than running your ass up the field.
Speaker 4: Now you see.
Speaker 2: Lamar Jackson zero sacks.
Speaker 1: They threw the ball fifteen Think about this, an NFL MVP two times threw the ball fifteen times. You know why he threw it fifteen times because you couldn't make him throw it. You couldn't take the ball out of Derrick Henry's belly. You couldn't take the ball out of Lamar Jackson's belly. So guess what, I ain't throwing it. Lamar Jackson ain't. Don't worry about it running again. Hey, hey, John Harbors on the sideline running again. They ain't running the ball. You know they gonna run it. I know they gonna run it. You know they gonna run it. Everybody in ain't t and T know they gonna run it. It seemed like everybody knew except the Cowboys defense because every time Henry getting twin, he getting twelve, Justice Hill getting fixed.
Speaker 4: I'm like, bro, what y'all doing?
Speaker 2: Listen? It's funny.
Speaker 5: It's one thing to know it's coming, but it's a whole nother ball game to be able to stop it.
Speaker 2: That's the thing, A whole another ball game to be able to stop it.
Speaker 1: That's why it is so demoralizing, because I know, I know with somebody tell you, oh you okay after class, like Richard Prior used to say, Hey, two o'clock, I'm gonna watch you. Somebody tell you okay, wait till lunch break. I got something for you. You know it's coming. They know they're gonna run the football. Hell, they ran it forty five times forty five or the sixty plays the Baltimore Ravens ranted, and the Cowboys could not stop it.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I wish the game would have been close, so they could have still had some some creativity instead of just putting the ball off and not and and and and and allowing the Cowboy to hunker down.
Speaker 4: Because when they had some creativity, they couldn't do anything.
Speaker 1: When they were dragged, when they was bringing zay flowers or baking across or they was tossing it, cowboys had no answer. D Henry started flying stepping it, and he started using that for beat get off me.
Speaker 2: We got a nasty stuff man, mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: He wanted to play for the Cowboy. He's like, bro, I ain't even gotta move I live.
Speaker 2: I'm in my backyard? What was Jerry Jones excuse for not? Jared said he didn't They didn't need him.
Speaker 1: They you know this, eight million dollars too much, But you gave Zeke three million.
Speaker 4: So would you.
Speaker 1: Rather have Zeke did Dale Duce Bond or would you rather have Derrick Henry cat?
Speaker 4: What y'all think of Cowboy fans? Where would you rather have?
Speaker 2: You know what? You know what I think about?
Speaker 5: Would Derrick Henry and his style of play fit the Cowboys offense?
Speaker 2: How about that? Let's let's look at it from that point of view. What you think he don't fit it? The eyeback formation that he plays well, out of which.
Speaker 1: He don't fit Baltimore's offense. But you got to make some concessions to maximize him. Because the biggest mistake people making free agency ojo. They love a guy, They love a guy that played in a in a in a in a forty three. Now all of a sudden, you get him and you try to play him in a thirty four. You like a guy, you play a guy that he's mainly a zone corner, and now you get him to try to play man. Larry Brown was a prime example. Larry Brown was a quarter corner, played well in the Super Bowl Super Bowl MVP. He go to the Raiders. Raiders are straight, man across the board.
Speaker 2: Man, the man safety in the middle of the field.
Speaker 4: One year he was gone.
Speaker 1: So if you, oh Joe, if you fall in love with somebody, if you're in free agency, and he was like, I like that guy, you better be willing to use him like he was used where you found him, because if you don't, you're doing them a disservice. And faan gonna say you're a bus. No, he's not a bus. He's not being used the way he was used before. And so that's on coaching, that's on the organization. Derrick Henry is not a zone back. He's an eyeback. He's a bo Jackson, he's a herschel walker. He's a Reggie Bush type of guy where you toss it to him, O Joe, and you say, so pick your hole. Works really good with a full back. You see when they put forty two cards in there leading away. Yeah, okay, I'm going one way or another eight wherever you go. If you kick him out, I'm going in. If you pin him in, I'm going out.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm going out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what he is. I mean, it's not rocket science. But you have to look at what Derrick Henry is. What was Dereck Henry Alabama? An iback? What was Derrick Henry at at at that little schooling in Jacksonville? An eyeback?
Speaker 4: That's what he on.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 1: The man is six two and a half two forty five. You know well that man it knowszone be running back and he a long strida.
Speaker 2: Yeah oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: So if the Ravens look good running the football, but they got to do it because see teams look at the Ravens like, hey, guys, no matter how far we get down, they're gonna give us a chance to get back in the game. Right. Teams feel that way, Oh Joe, they feel that way. They could they could easily be they could easily be undefeated. They could have even lost this game too. Yeah, so that they got some things that they need to to to work on.
Speaker 2: But they got time.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just look, you got you got contained, o Joe. If you got contained, you can't let the back bound side side Trayvon.
Speaker 2: They did a great job.
Speaker 1: They're like, hey, we're gonna clog it up we're gonna force the running back to bounce. When he bounced the corners right there, you got contained. You got to get him on the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, it's funny. It's the same issues from last year.
Speaker 5: So you would you would hope you fix those issues, but the same issues from last year. They just picking up what they left off, yep, allowing him to do exactly what their achilles here was last year this year. So I'm not sure, you know, knowing knowing Mike Zimmer, you know, having him when I was, when I was in Cincinnati, I'm sure he's gonna do everything he can to rectify the situation.
Speaker 2: I mean, the defense that he runs is the defense that he runs.
Speaker 5: The personnel that he has is the personnel that he has, and maybe it just doesn't match well when it comes to team that Teams that come in are choosing to run the ball straight down here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's the thing. If you get a lead and you get them on that turf where they compend their ears back to the day and got to play the run, you good. But if you got to sit there and catch mhmm, and you know, the Ravens, they just want to keep hammering and keep hamming you, and keep hamming you. And the next thing, you know, hey, guess what they'll slide somebody hit him in the flat or Mark keeth it right? See I thought on the play before, when dead Henry picked up eight yards, I say, come back and fake it. Let Lamar keep it mmh or he if he hits that throw to Mark Andrews, the ball game is over. Don't see see those are the players, Oh Joe, that's the difference if Lamar cot ever get those that because you know it's gonna come like they ain't getting the ball back.
Speaker 4: They hot right now.
Speaker 1: I need to make sure I run about another three to five minutes off this clock because my defense is my defense is really because you see DA had gone up and down the field, up and down the field. So now it's my job as Lamar, as the leader, as the captain, as your best player. I got it, got it, got it. But I'm not surprised by this. I thought they would do. I thought the Ravens would run the football at will. I thought I thought the game would I thought they'd win by at least the touchdown. They probably should have won by more than a touchdown. But they hang on to win. At the end of the day, you got the win. But they got to do something by holding these leads, because that's a lot of blown leads, a lot of them. They lost this one. They were able to hold on to. Ravens win twenty eight to twenty five. Go to one and two. The Cowboys fall to one and two. Also, the Eagles didn't score in the first three quarters, but still came back without their top two wide receivers and starting offensive lineman to steal the win. Still a win over the previously unstoppable New Orleans Saints. It's the first time the Eagles scored zero points in the first three quarters of.
Speaker 4: A game and one since two thousand.
Speaker 1: Jalen Hurts still struggling with turnovers, face to thirty and sixteen in the final minutes.
Speaker 4: Hit that tight end, Dallas got it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the hell the Saints, the defense they were playing completion centup of say Quon's Barkley go ahead touchdown. Philadelphia defensive line dominated the Saints offensive line.
Speaker 4: I told you the key for me when we've.
Speaker 1: Talked about it on Friday, on first take, I said, I thought Jalen Carter I think the defensive line. I think they need to win this game, not Jalen Hurts harassed, Derek carr All Night staffling. The ipens that put up ninety one points in the first two games didn't even come close to that. Dallas Gardard had the most receiving yards for a tight end in Eagles history with one hundred and seventy OJO, what did you like about what you saw from the Eagles?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 5: Not giving up making the players when it counting most. Obviously, Goddard had the hell of a game. But I want to know what the New York Giants were thinking. Again, I hate, I hate to bring it up again, the Giants, the Giants and letting brother Saquon go oh yeah, okay, hey, brother Saquon that had seventeen for one, seven and two TD Yeah, one of the reasons why the Eagles won the game today.
Speaker 2: No Davonte Smith, no A. J. Brown.
Speaker 5: Godard had a great game. But who takes the pressure off jayling Hurst after the turnovers? Number twenty six?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Who puts the.
Speaker 5: Team on the back offensively and takes the pressure off Jayden Hurts?
Speaker 2: Number twenty six? Mm hmm, see it was. It was a good game.
Speaker 5: They have to find a way. For one, they get the two star players healthy. They got the.
Speaker 2: Jay we need, we need, we need a J. Brown.
Speaker 5: I'm about we They need a J. Brown and eat Devonte Smith healthy. There's no reason with the team like that, an offensive team like that, to have zero points.
Speaker 2: In three quarters of football, in three quarters.
Speaker 5: Of football, there's no way in hell at all. But listen the Eagles, the Eagles defense, they played some good, god damn ball today. Safety team that we saw last week against the Cowboys, the Saints team we saw against the Cowboys last week looked nothing like that today. And that's that's in the testament to the defense.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. I don't know what they had to eat.
Speaker 5: I don't know what the Eagle defense had d but they played some damn good ball today.
Speaker 1: Did you see that interception that Hurts throwing the end zone the honey Badger picked off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh Joe, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: He had a few arrant throws like that to pass what two games in a row?
Speaker 1: Oh yo, that's quarters. First of all, honey Badger knows like he's supposed to come across his face. That's honey Badger. He knows he's not gonna let you cross his face. And I'm not backing up anywhere because why I'm already at the back of.
Speaker 2: The end zone. I'm coming forward.
Speaker 4: I'm not backing up.
Speaker 1: And it's like, well, he's supposed to cross his face. That's one hundred and sixty pounds man, Honey Badger. That's not some rookie dB. That is Honey Badger. He knows the only place that I can get hurt is across my face. Yes, so when he Jayalen Hurt stares him down, he takes off and visa. It's the same thing that happened in the Super Bowl, right Seattle's he let you cross my face, Malham Butler and you see he made a collision and boom he knocked lock it off because he gets the head start. All I'm saying in that coverage at that area because Honey Badger is not gonna retreat because he's already at the back.
Speaker 2: Of the end zone.
Speaker 1: He knows, he knows the only place I'm vulnerable is across my face. He can't go behind me because then he'll be out of the end zone. So where am I see when you're a student of the game. You understand where I'm weak and where I'm strong. I'm strong behind me, I'm weak in front of me. So what I'm not gonna let you do is cross my face.
Speaker 2: Face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh man, that was AJ. Well.
Speaker 1: You have to understand you can't call the same route for everybody just cause they can run the route that's AJ Brown AJ Brown two twenty.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's gonna be a collision.
Speaker 1: It might be an incomplete, but if you run that with one hundred and sixty pounds man and honey Badger, it's gonna be.
Speaker 5: A pit And you know that all come that all come down to play calling, understanding your personnel, understand your player's strengths, and understanding your player's weaknesses. You don't put a hundred and sixty that one hundred and sixty pounds player receiver in that situation, knowing that the chances of him making that catch and crossing someone that's seeing it over and over and over as a veteran at a veteran safety, you don't put You don't you don't even call the plague that put them in that situation.
Speaker 2: That comes down to play calling and understanding your personnel.
Speaker 4: That's it. That's all.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying, though, y'all, I'm just saying, look, that's part of coverage. Why you and like you say, you know that's not a j a big Receiver, a t O or a Megatron or a Julio Jones one of the branded Marshall somebody that.
Speaker 4: Okay, if it's gonna be a.
Speaker 1: Collision and it's gonna be an incomplete, but it's not gonna be an interception.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know everybody just named you know, Honey Badgers is small.
Speaker 2: All they gonna do is big boy.
Speaker 5: Get right in front of him, right, but see you get right in front, you better Honey badge off because if Honey back, hey, you're not gonna beat him to the point.
Speaker 1: Not if he not if he rejoined. You see how he read Dak last week. Yeah, he beat to the point if he thinks, oh now you can get it with a double move. But if you're double moving, where you're going, METAe, because you're gonna be out the stadium. He knows that I ain't going nowhere, my breder right here, I'm gonna drive forward.
Speaker 4: He beat him to the point, He beat him to the punch and then.
Speaker 1: They're talking about did you see that that that hit on DeVonta smithin't talking about.
Speaker 4: That was a dirty hit. That wasn't no dirty here.
Speaker 2: He's still listen as a receiver.
Speaker 5: If you know they got you wrapped up, stop fighting, stop fighting, make a business decision.
Speaker 2: Let your body go and go down. Let your body go and go down. If you still up, you still fighting. Understanding, pursuit is coming from all different.
Speaker 1: Ain't about where he caught the ball. Danger is not that way. Danger is coming from back here them.
Speaker 2: Lineman, Yeah, exactly where you came from.
Speaker 1: And what getting I don't know if they still do it, but they used to hold his ass up.
Speaker 4: I'm coming hold him up.
Speaker 1: They trying to put as many hats on you as they possibly can't now, Bro Davante, I understand you tough, but brother, you a buck sixty.
Speaker 4: You ain't dragging nobody nowhere.
Speaker 1: All you're gonna do is subject yourself to take unnecessary hits. That guy is three hundred pounds and he's coming at about twelve to fifteen miles an hour.
Speaker 4: They got you up.
Speaker 2: And he's still too. That's even worse.
Speaker 5: It's he he's gonna learn that you gotta make a business decision. You got to give yourself up if you know they got you wrapped up. He ain't going to where you got to give yourself up.
Speaker 1: Know when the journey is over, you gotta know what the Joey's Oh, oh Joe, ain't that that's good man?
Speaker 4: He is so tough.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Hey, them d Lineman hits, they they different than they different than a DV hit.
Speaker 2: Trust me, they different.
Speaker 4: Trust me.
Speaker 1: Wait that through two ninety two eighty three hundred. That's different than one eighty five two hundred and they come in to put pain. So no, I didn't. I didn't believe that was a dirty hit. It's very unfortunate. I hope Devonte's okay, but that way, I don't.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that as dirty. It wasn't nothing dirty about that. There was there was There was nothing nothing dirty about that play. Oh Joe, he's still fighting now. If he gets out of there, then what coach gonna say?
Speaker 4: Why you let up?
Speaker 2: Mhm?
Speaker 1: So hopefully Devonte's okay. But give the Eagles credit going on the road. After heartbreaking loss last week to the Atlanta Falcons, they go on the road beat the hottest team, that team that was playing the best. The Saints had scored ninety one points, had run rough shot over two teams, holding the fifteen, holding the twelve points in their building, and they win by the score of fifteen to twelve. Sam Donald dominates the Texans thirty four to seven. Through three weeks, the Vikings have been one of the league's best team. They won on the road against the Giants, they defeated the NFC best forty nine ers in Week two, and now they beat the AFC's top one of the AFC top squads of Reek three. Their plus fifty five marginal victory through three games is the second best in franchise history, only behind the nineteen seventy five team. Minnesota went four for five in the red zone. Donald threw four touchdowns on the day, is the first time in his career that he's thrown multiple touchdowns in three straight games.
Speaker 4: Today, they jumped out into Texas and did let up. C. J.
Speaker 1: Stroud through for two hundred and fifteen yards, two interceptions, one touchdown, and they struggled with Brian Floores's defense and without leading rusher running football Joe Mixon. They were sitting ducks back that Houston scored a season one seven points and the running backs had eleven carriage for only twenty six yards and play some mixing. Cam Akers's longest rush was nine yards. This was the first time CJ look look, he looked pedestrian. This is the worst. This is his worst game as the NFL. Now, obviously he's due to have one of these games, but Brian Flores did a great job of confusing it. He did a great job of Preschigaan, he did a great job of disguising coverages. And hopefully he gets another opportunity to be a head coach again, because you know, obviously you know some things that happened in Miami with Tua, and I think everybody deserves the second chance, because we've seen some coaches that get second, third chances, and so hopefully Brian Flores, with the job that he's doing this year at Minnesota, with a head coaching job comes available, and they will come available, O Joe, Hopefully he's in line to get one of those jobs.
Speaker 2: But what did you like about what you saw from Minnesota?
Speaker 5: Well, Sam Donald, Sam Donald, I don't I don't listen. I don't know what happened when he was in Carolina. I don't know what happened when he was in San Francisco, but the sam I don't know what happened when he was in New York with the resurgence and the confidence that he's displaying at the quarterback position and having the number one pick go down and him stepping in and looking like the savior for the Minnesota Bikings, and they haven't missed the bat. They haven't missed a step offensively. Listen, he was seventeen for twenty eight one four tds to day. Yep, kick it up right what he left off. I know justin Jefferson is happy.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: I think Doug people don't understand how important the quarterback position is for your success. If you have adequate play at the quarterback position, anything is possible.
Speaker 2: Anything is possible.
Speaker 5: And he's showing that despite the struggles that he's had early in his career, and the other teams found the right situation and look, lookout, it's showing up. Look how you're performing weekend a week out, even though it's only week three.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, he gonna.
Speaker 5: He's gonna be He's gonna be due for a game that doesn't look like itself, like so far unbelievable. He's playing for another starting job somewhere else. Soon now he's playing for another starting job.
Speaker 1: I think the problem that teams run into is that they want these quarterbacks to play early and they're not ready to play, and you're ruining them. Yeah, and that is like you draft a quarterback high, Well, he's got to play.
Speaker 4: What do they do? They clear the decks, they.
Speaker 1: Don't have any veteran guys in there, they don't have anybody that can challenge them, and they're just okay, here you go. And I think sometimes they'll be better serve if they were to sin six, eight, ten games, maybe the entire season. But they wanted to play so soon and if they're not ready and now you wreck the guy's confidence. Yeah, and that's I think that's what happened with Sam Darnald. I'm not saying he's gonna turn around and all of a sudden he's gonna be Kurt Warner. You know, he go go be in a situation where he leaves a team to the super Bowl at either then a two time MVP.
Speaker 4: Something like that.
Speaker 1: But I think he's a good quarterback but I think sometimes they force these guys to play and when they don't have much help around them, and then this is what you get. And then everybody's like, well he a bus he a bus. No, you didn't put him in a situation where he could succeed mm hm. And everybody, you know, everybody wants the guy to come in, you know, he a high draft pick and play right away and be good, be a savior.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 5: I called it a savior because you got to understand if if you had the number one pick, he had the number two picks.
Speaker 2: You know, it's because you know, collectively your team was bad at the previous season.
Speaker 4: And you're put your quarterback away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, listen.
Speaker 5: Sometimes but these young these young fellas, man, there's no development. You know, the transition from college and then to the pros it can be difficult. It could be if you throw him out there to the Sharks. And we've seen so many different examples of that. Now you have some anomalies like Sey Shrift the way he plays for year. No, you think there's some examples of people. Hell, Patrick Mahomes even had the city year behind God damn Alex Smith did, Carson Palmer who is my quarterback, had the city year.
Speaker 2: Behind God damn John Kidnam. But when they did get in there and play, boom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give him an opportunity, set him up, set him up on success. It's okay if the guy doesn't play the opening day. And I know a lot of guys that want I want to be the day one starter. But are you going to be ready to be the day one starter? Because it's not just about day one, it's about day one hundred and one, day one thousand and one. Because they're not just getting you. They don't just want you for one year. They hoping you're a decade player or a decade and a half player. That's what they're hoping. But in the NFL, it's all about confidence, especially that position. You have to believe you the baddest mofo out there. I don't care who out there on the field, I'm the baddest and you've got to have that mentality, right. But but they didn't. They did a number on Houston. I haven't seen Houston look like this in a very long time. On Joe and I've been following, you know, I've been following for about the last sixteen seventeen games. You know, last year coming up to this year, this is this is the worst I've seen their offense. Look, they confused them. They did a great job of getting out the CJ. They picked them a couple of times. It seemed like Brian Flores had him confused a couple of times. There's no harm in that. You do one of those games, you have sixteen seventeen. If you go sixteen seventeen games without having a dud, you're pretty good.
Speaker 4: That's going you gonna have.
Speaker 1: A pretty good career if you If it averages out like that, you won for sixteen.
Speaker 2: As far as bad games, But.
Speaker 1: Give Minnesota credit, Minnesota might be better than I thought considering that. You know they lost JJ McCarthy. Aaron Jones has been a godsend because they moved on from Aliy Madison. Remember they let Dalvin Cook go a couple of years ago. Uh, but Aaron Jones, he comes in nineteen for a bucko two. He's great at catching the ball out of the backfield. But justin Jefferson and they don't even have Jordan Madison yet. Remember he heard his lead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and when he come back, that makes them even that much more dangerous.
Speaker 2: That opened up the playbook even that much more. It's good. It's gonna get it's gonna get scary. It's gonna get scary. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Minnesota Vikings sit the top the NF the NFC North over the three and old record.
Speaker 2: Uh as they win.
Speaker 1: They pound the Houston Texas thirty four to seven.
Speaker 4: The Panthers a game with offenel much better than Andy Don't.
Speaker 1: Andy Don't throw three touchdowns in the first half, leading to a twenty one to seven halftime. The Panthers managed to put up more points in the first thirty minutes in Las Vegas than they did over the last two weeks combined. Thirteen Carolina's offense came to life with Dalton under center, as he connected with eight different receivers. Dalton finished the game twenty six and thirty seven, three hundred and nineteen yards, three touchdowns, zero interceptions.
Speaker 2: It amplifies Oh Joe that.
Speaker 1: Bryce Young probably needed to say it learn some things. Hopefully he learned some things from Andy Dalton while he's in there. Meanwhile, check a looks at this out. We're gonna talk about this. Meanwhile, after the game, Antonio Peers had this to say about his squad Okay.
Speaker 2: No they didn't. I think as the game went on, I don't think it was a team it was.
Speaker 1: I think there was definitely some individuals that made business decisions that will make business going forward as well.
Speaker 2: Wow, well you hurt what. I ain't even here. I ain't hear that. I ain't hear that touch just now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, either their guys making business decisions and we gonna make business decisions moving forward.
Speaker 2: Hey, that ain't nothing to play with. Now, that ain't nothing to play with.
Speaker 5: Anytime a head coach says that based on your play on the field in a game that probably you know coaches played, you're expecting to win ship he mean business, And I listen, I had I sent out a tweet on I sent out a tweet two days ago. I sent out a tweet two two days ago.
Speaker 2: And I don't know. I'm gonna get you that in a minute.
Speaker 5: I said, anytime a team makes a change, especially at the quarterback position, for some reason, coincidentally, they respond better, They played better. And that is exactly what the Panthers did. I owe the Panthers organization. I know the Panthers fans, Oh your apologie, you, oh your apology, because I was very passionate about the mention of Bright Young. I was upset that it was bench because I had the understanding and having a rookie quarterback coming into a situation where a team didn't do well last year and expecting a rookie quarterback to come in. He's thrown to the wolves, out to the sharks and is expected to be that savior. And maybe my wording was a little incorrect in saying that he didn't have anybody to throw to, But I was just I'm mouthing off about the passion. I'm mouthing off passionate about him being benched, Adam feeling. Are you an apology?
Speaker 2: Exact? Let it?
Speaker 5: Oh your apology, Deontay Johnson, Boy, yeah, showed the funk out today.
Speaker 2: I owe your apology. Oh yeah, mister Candallis.
Speaker 5: But oh your apology, Panthers Nation, I owe all you motherfucker's apology.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: You know I can, I can, I can put my foot in my mouth. You know I can show some grace. Please show me some grace.
Speaker 2: I was wrong. I was wrong. But what we do have is we still I have fourteen weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Now you guys can string together some games with a veteran quarterback that has used that has also been to the playoffs too.
Speaker 2: Now we talked about the winning quarterback. This is Andy Dalton read rifle that who used to get it done in Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: So you guys have have someone good that Bryce Young could sit back and learn from, that is used to winning, that has been to the playoffs before.
Speaker 2: I know what it takes to get there. Someone that is afishing with the ball.
Speaker 5: As you saw today, he threw the eight different guy there receivers and everybody was able to eat. So again, my apologies, you know, for for not fixing the words and just being passionate and more concerned with the benching of Bryce Young and not taking it in consideration some of the things I was saying about the team in the collective in a collective way.
Speaker 2: So you know what, y'all keep on pounding. Huh go Panthers, bitch happy.
Speaker 1: Look, all it proves is that Bryce Young deserved to be bench. That doesn't mean that he's not saying eligible. That doesn't mean that he can't be a good quarterback, But at this time it was better for him to sit back and learn.
Speaker 4: Maybe he can see some things.
Speaker 1: Hopefully, Andy Dalton can help him and says, Okay, tell me what you're thinking in this situation right here, or like when you come off the field and it would get her and would talk to him. Okay, tell me what you're thinking, because that's what you know. The guys would run around and something would happen. I says, okay, So tell me, Okay, it was this coverage, Tell me what you're thinking. What did you see that caused you to do that? And so hopefully, like like I said, O Joe, these guys number one.
Speaker 4: Picks, top five, top ten pigs.
Speaker 1: Everybody expects him to come in and be what they were in college right away, and that doesn't normally happen.
Speaker 4: They're a center.
Speaker 1: There there isolated incidents where that may happen, but they're few and far between, right And so with that being said Andy Dalton, and that's normally what happens.
Speaker 2: Guys come in, a guy make plays.
Speaker 1: You look at the way they ran the football thirty one carres a Buck, thirty buck, thirty one, Cuba Hubbard, Twitter, Deonta job.
Speaker 2: Was cut up, PUBB was cutting up man. Hey.
Speaker 5: But but also do you look at today's game. I saw a lot of people. You know, obviously they watched the game. You know, I follow a lot of people on Twitter, and obviously I I I extended my apologies to you know, the Panthers fans and and and the players be a Twitter as well. And then you have other people that aren't fans of the Panther saying, oh, man, like relax, they act like they just on the goddamn Super Bowl. They're gonna be right back to the same panzas again, they were just playing the Raiders.
Speaker 2: And I don't I don't really see it like that.
Speaker 5: I see it as obviously you're playing with a veteran quarterback that is that is used to being able to to process a little bit faster, that's used to being able to get the ball out on time. And and that's that's what we saw today. And I think obviously my my my outlook on the Panthers based off there they're performance today, especially from the quarterback position. What Andy Dalton was able to do is is a is a little bit more positive now they've had the chance to watch some thoroughly being at the game and being up and close and washing it field side, and listen, I'm excited for him, man, so we're gonna see you know you you keep stringing the motherfuckers together like you did tonight, they're gonna be alright.
Speaker 1: Uh. Panthers win their first game of the season, go to one and two, thirty six twenty two Raiders.
Speaker 2: What it got next? Who Panthers played next?
Speaker 1: The Raiders were not able to build on that big, big monumental win come from behind where last week in Baltimore and they fall thirty six twenty two to the Panthers fall to one and two. The Panthers play the Bengals. What Panthers play? The Bengals hold on what they playing?
Speaker 2: That they playing at home? Or they playing the Cincinnati Where they play? They play at home in Carolina? You know what, matter of fact, I'm going to that game. I'm going to that game. I'm going.
Speaker 5: I wonder, hey, if they're in the chat, if there's anybody that's a Panther fan that's in the chat, can you do me a favor of sending me a tweet after the show if you have an extra ticket, I would like to come to the game. I know some of y'all might be a little mad and they might moove me if I come to the stadium. But I'm finna sit in there. I'm finished sitting there. I'm gonna sit I'm gonna sit out there with y'all.
Speaker 2: Man. Yeah, I'm come. Come, I'm coming to the game. I'm coming to they playing the Bangles. Two, let's go.
Speaker 1: The Rams completed fourteen point comeback against the forty nine ers without pooking the Coop Cooper Cup, Stafford slice and dice the forty nine or secondary evenly spreading his targets between two two at well Tyler Johnson, de Marcus Robinson and Jordan Whittington. Juwan Jennings of the forty nine ers had a career day, hauling in a career high three touchdown on eleven catches for a bucks seventy five. His score, he's the first these are He is the first receiver to score three touchdowns in a game since tarol Lewens did in Week five or two thousand and one, and he was the first with a ten plus catch three receivering TD and the forty nine er cent Jered Rice.
Speaker 5: Wow, Hey, it's so listen. Even though they lost. Even though they lost, they still look good. Even with some of the players that they have that that are missing. You know how you say next man up, but sometimes say, well, the next man up really really wasn't the starter, because I forgot how you said on if they were good enough.
Speaker 2: If you that good, you'd be starting.
Speaker 4: You be the man.
Speaker 5: That's so it looks like, even though some of the players are down, the next man up and just as good from a productive standpoint.
Speaker 4: Oh Joe, look, you going to the Carolina game next week.
Speaker 2: I'm not bullshit, and I saw, I saw. I forgot to.
Speaker 1: Stop at the gas station get twenty dollars on point six, they got two tickets for you.
Speaker 2: You're trying, you're trying to be funny, You're serious.
Speaker 1: They hard to get, but they just some Tato logs and two Carolina ticket for fifteen dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, don't do that. Don't don't do that. Don't don't be like that. Don't be like that.
Speaker 5: Listen, you know what happened when you win a game, When you win a game based on the way they perform today, and then you know, Panthers fan, they're gonna be excited.
Speaker 2: I guarantee that game be sold out next week.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, yeah, three weeks, two tato logs, large soda two Carolina tickets twenty five dollars.
Speaker 5: But so you don't think it so okay, So you don't think today's performance is the organization in the fans promise and hope, No, no, no, all right, I'm gonna tell you how much.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm going to the game. I'm not missing it. That's gonna be good. And Caroline. Ain't nothing but a hitpl ha stop for Miami more than a hippi the stop. I don't know what you hipping too or where you stopping at?
Speaker 5: A spirit Spirit get that ain't not a ticket, ain't number about about forty five.
Speaker 1: Dollars, coach d shine as they beat the Bears. The defense held Chicago to sixty three yards rushing, four sacks, three turnovers.
Speaker 4: The coach gave up.
Speaker 1: Nearly five hundred rushing yards to the first two opponents, yet the Bears attempted fifty two passes.
Speaker 4: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Chicago had two hundred and forty seven yards in the first half of was shut out in the second. In the shutout at the half after four straight runs, the shotgun in the four yard line and didn't yell the touchdown. This game feature two of the youngest quarterbacks in the NFL Richardson and Williams. Kayler Williams responded late touchdown throw the Roma Doomsday and Cole Comet his first two NFL passing touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Hey boy, they got a lot to learn. Yeah, I couldn't. I couldn't. It's this only game I couldn't see.
Speaker 4: They got a lot to learn.
Speaker 1: They still it's hard they Richardson is still trying. Both of them are still trying to make throws that they made in college.
Speaker 2: And I keep thinking they got the arm to do it, but they don't.
Speaker 4: You can't make them pros ochoe. You not fit the role. One way and throw back across the field two pick.
Speaker 1: I don't know what his first Richardson first interception in the ends on even if the ball wasn't t if it was gonna get picked.
Speaker 4: He got three round dude, round the guy and then he rolls and.
Speaker 1: Throw tried to throw back across the field. The same thing with Caleb Williams. Bro, you're not getting away with those throws in this league. The guys are too good. This is not you. You're not playing Louisiana Monroe. You're not playing. You're not playing the FCF team. These guys are the best of the best. They make you pay for a mistake. So stop putting your team in the harm's way. I think Anthony Richardson would be good, but he's got to stop making these mistakes and he got to learn some touch, bro. I mean sometimes he throwing the ball to the guy from me to his wall, and he throwing it like you throwing it in the hurricane.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Caleb you fifty two times? Come on, Bro, come what y'all doing?
Speaker 5: I wish I wish I was playing in the offense when he throw the ball fifty two times?
Speaker 2: I wish.
Speaker 5: That's a receiver's dream. You know how many listens some teams only ran sixty five plays. Sometime you only run sixty five plays and fifty two of those.
Speaker 2: Are in the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that means you will probably lose. If you throwing the ball that many times, you're probably gonna lose.
Speaker 4: It ain't gonna be very.
Speaker 1: Many times now, it ain't gonna be very many times that you win a game where you throw the ball that much. You behind, You're probably behind, and you're probably gonna lose the game. Now, if you want some stats that those are great, Yeah, you're not winning.
Speaker 2: But what if you throw it fifty two times and you win in the game? What if you throw it fifty times and you are fishing?
Speaker 5: What if you throw it fifty two times and the quarterback is is forty.
Speaker 2: Eight for fifty two?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But oh y'all, what are the light Normally when you throw that many times? What are you? You're behind and teams and the teams will let you. Hey do that, so they don't give him anything cheap or deep.
Speaker 2: Right, just keep him in front of us.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I mean, I just I mean that some of the guys and they just like, I'm gonna show you. I just want to know, because Anthony Richardson said that the college was harder than the NFL. I want to know if he still feels that way.
Speaker 5: But he said that last year, he said before he got he said that this year this year, I don't I don't really think he meant that though about what he's said.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he.
Speaker 2: Would just be here probably being paid.
Speaker 1: So if a girl call you ugly, oh, she ain't mean that that day where she meant she's.
Speaker 2: Girl, I mean not, but you gotta listen, you know, A girl called you ugly.
Speaker 5: Sometimes she's flirting and she really don't mean that. But you know sometimes she said to keep your home, don't keep me. My grandma called me ugly all my life growing up.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take your word for it. I'm done with.
Speaker 1: You, old ugly self. Okay, trying to convince nobody you did you mean that?
Speaker 4: Cause you said you remember the other day you said I was ugly? Did you mean it? Nah? You said that I'm good. I will keep it moving.
Speaker 2: You can't. You can't take it personal, man.
Speaker 4: I ain't taking it personally.
Speaker 1: I just hap what I look like trying to somebody go call me ugly and didn't think I'm gonna be with them. I mean, come on, mm hmm, when Oh Joe were grown, you do that in the fourth grade, when you in elementary school. You gotta crush on somebody, you hear them, but your ugly self, you make me sick.
Speaker 4: We grown now, we don't play them games.
Speaker 5: I mean she really like you too, hey, I mean shit, reill call me up me sometimes?
Speaker 4: Was she mad at you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Exactly?
Speaker 5: When When is when are women the most honest when they were when they're angry, when they thank you.
Speaker 2: So probably maybe I am. You know I listen, I ain't. I ain't. I'm not done. I ain't top ten in the world. I'm not strong six and a half, especially with a haircut.
Speaker 5: If I get a haircut, Oh long as I'm long, as i'm above five, I'm straight now when I ain't got no haircut, and you know I ain't been on the waist.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm a fall I'm strong you I mean love?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I guess that's what you like.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for, Like you said, I'm trying to be I'm trying to be a strong six seven.
Speaker 2: A seven? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean you say, if you you want your girl, you wouldn't want you, you want you?
Speaker 4: So I mean you say, what what would you say? Real?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Nine? Ten? But not not real? Real? She probably I get I give seven and a half?
Speaker 4: Hey, real? No, he ain't that said that?
Speaker 2: Listen my dog she gee man, she about it? She about a ten. I out kicked my coverage.
Speaker 4: You did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The only reason, the only reason, she probably, that's the only reason she with me is I wanted because of my personality.
Speaker 2: I see that. I said.
Speaker 5: I'm just being honest because you know what they said, if you can make a woman laugh, you're gonna laugh.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna ain't gonna say you know, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Give what you say quick quick, yeah yeah, but uh I look, it just depends. I mean, look everybody, you know, everybody there, there's the lookers that you know that's gonna get you like, yeah, you know you got you got, you got some steppers that's gonna make you do a double take like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they walk in the room and everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and then you got one, you got something? Did you see her now?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 5: I mean obviously, depending on who you are, especially as a male, sometimes you want to seven. Sometimes you want a six and a half because you take a six and a half and.
Speaker 2: You get a here her feet and her nails down a face beat. Oh she's good, and then you ain't got to worry about everybody else her.
Speaker 1: You know what, You fail to realize the moment you you can get you a two. The moment oh cho, so somebody gonna water because they walk with O cho. Got That's how it works. You can see a woman walk by a fouand times right right, and don't let nobody boy that bro you saw walk by this, keeping working in this office for four years, keep him single. Ain't nobody and you ain't mentioned nothing. No flowers have never come, no cars have never come. You've never seen h go out like, oh I gotta go. I'm going to meet somebody for lunch or for coffin. But the moment somebody else show a little interest, I've been damn an you know, man, you know Stefani look good father. Man.
Speaker 4: They do that all the time, won't.
Speaker 2: Yo, Hey?
Speaker 4: But you done?
Speaker 1: Like I said, Look, I'm what I am. I got a nice personality, I can carry a conversation. I'm what I am. What you see is what you get.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, like I said, when I was, when I was, when I was growing up on your in college and high school, you know you got a homeboy. Cause women a lot of times you ain't gonna see five or six teens together because they're gonna be vickery.
Speaker 4: So you you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna fight it d be one ten, eight seven, and they're gonna be about three or four two's and fuse, they gonna be a couple of tools and fusing that. Now, the one thing about women, they not gonna splin her. Guys, if if if five or six guys go out together and this one and the female say hey, hey, you know hey what you're doing and let's go get something. Hey, bro, check this sign. I'll holler at y'all right, hey, such and such. I'm going blah blah blah. Women don't splinner like that. So you got to have somebody that'll take for them to the fuse.
Speaker 4: You gotta have.
Speaker 1: Somebody to take one for the team, right Yo. That's why my homeboy would come in at shop.
Speaker 4: I got you. But you know my girl, you know she ain't got nobody he got up. I would go in and break it off.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give hi about three hundred dollars, so you know, he go ahead and do what he need to do.
Speaker 4: Keep her occupied. Well, I keep up with occupied.
Speaker 1: But you not gonna find no five, six, seven teams together because there's too many strong personalities. And if somebody talked to one of them, oh that be he, he would he been, he being my DM, he being my d you know they'll.
Speaker 4: Be talking all that's uh, that's community, that's community. Pepe.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I ain't want so it's gonna call confusion more time than not. Women they have you know one or two that look really really attractive, but you know they're gonna have They're gonna have about three or four two with them, now, oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh ways, oh ways, oh ways.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, I ain't taking one for the team. Now I wasn't either. I ain't gonna get that in me. Man, come on, come on, Sean, No, it ain't gonna come on Sean. No, hell noah, come on, bro, don't put your boy out there like.
Speaker 4: Man. But uh that half as oh Joe.
Speaker 1: But like like you said, like I look, I can talk care on a conversation. I got a nice personality. Hey what it is? I ain't am I ten?
Speaker 4: Now I'm good. I'm good. I'm good. What I am?
Speaker 1: I'm fifty six, O Joe. I move a little, I move a little slow. I got the same. I got the same here cause I have since nineteen seventy two starting to receive being a little bit of the top.
Speaker 4: But what you see is what you get.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean listen, I mean me. I'm when I got a haircut, When I got a haircut and I on some clothes, well I'm about a nine and a half. I'm just gonna be honest with you. Yeah, I'm about I'm about like all broy like when I really like put that shit on. Boy, I like I beat somebody different, you know, and I walk I walk different, you know, And I'm not cocky.
Speaker 2: I'm convinced. Yeah, you know, yes, it's just it is what it is.
Speaker 5: But you rarely catch me in those occasions because I always look like a bum and I always repeat the same outfit for three full times you know, you know, a week because I don't really care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean when you had a job, or you dressed up every day two hundred and forty days a year, shirt and tie, shirt and tie, two hundred forty days out of three sixty five, bro, I ain't you know, I ain't really trying to dress up like that now. I still, you know, have to dress up.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I don't have to wear a time, don't wear a tie.
Speaker 1: That much anymore. But I still dress up two days a week, occasionally three days a week. Man, when I'm going, you know, like, that's what you wear, look good, that's what you get. This is what you get now. If you think you're gonna see somebody out there, some lv or somedor g won't you.
Speaker 4: That ain't mean not name now them young boys.
Speaker 1: They can have all that they got it, But that ain't mean so I'm gonna dress. I'mnna dress my age. I ain't coming in with all that other stuff and that that they me o. Yo, I'm perfectly good in my athlesia.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, every you know, every time I springing, every every bloom Mormon, I was springing a little high designer, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hold on, where was where was I at Houston?
Speaker 4: You know, Huson, I have a little little designer. Short said, oh, you know a little something do together? You know, hous you don't have it Houston. You know what I'm saying? What Housta? They even.
Speaker 2: Right right right right the volume mm hm