Speaker 1: Native Lampod is a production of iHeartRadio and partnership with rezon Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome home.
Speaker 1: Y'all, this is episode thirty two of Native Lampid. We are so happy to be here with you all today. We got a lot going on. I want to start this episode by dropping something so exciting.
Speaker 3: We are going to be broad casting live all.
Speaker 1: Week next week at the Democratic National Convention.
Speaker 3: Tiffany and Day. What's going on beside one two.
Speaker 4: Ideas?
Speaker 1: We are so so excited and threell we have some incredible guests coming your way. It's the first time we'll be streaming on YouTube live every single evening. Those episodes will also drop the next day, and we'll also be on with Breakfast Club Thursday morning and Friday morning recording those shows Wednesday night and Thursday night from the DNC for this historic convention.
Speaker 3: So I'm pumped, y'all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me chin it too, And that tiff is going to deep just.
Speaker 5: I'm not into it.
Speaker 4: I'm We're going to get you into it.
Speaker 5: Well, we got about eight thousand recommendations from y'all, so thank you, thank you for saying the pizza recommendations. But I'm super I'm super excited about Chicago. We all know that I like being in person with y'all together, so I'm excited that we'll be together. But I'm just excited about the direction the vibe. It's a vibe, so I'm happy.
Speaker 4: I just need to remember to bring my charges for my clippers, since I have to clip my hair every day.
Speaker 5: I got you. Please let me try to shave. You don't have any hair. All I have to do is get it off.
Speaker 4: It shows up. I promise you see right now doing this once a week. She catch me in the in the between times, it.
Speaker 1: Sounded like Andrew is about to gard you to be word. That's all I want to say.
Speaker 3: Give me the giggle anywhere.
Speaker 4: Remember new she fell out the chair.
Speaker 1: She literally fell out. She's so crazy. But this is what I do want to happen. If tips clipping your hair, I would like Andrew to do my ponytail.
Speaker 3: We've been trying to these Caroline, these Caroline vibes. That's my need.
Speaker 4: I've been doing it for nine years. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's so dope.
Speaker 1: Okay, So today, before we get to the convention next week, we have a lot to talk about, y'all. So I my topic of choice is going to be Ron DeSantis' version of Florida A and M University, which might mean there may not be a Florida A University.
Speaker 3: So I want to talk about that.
Speaker 5: What y'all got I So I'm really first of all, I'm coming to y'all live all the way live from It's a Vibe on the Vineyard. And so it's been a lot of conversation around Donald Trump and his insults to Vice President Harris and I want to get a sense from y'all on how you think she should respond, if she should respond, and if she's not responding, who should respond? Because I volunteered tribute, so I want to get into that.
Speaker 4: I love that. I love that, and I did just want to add to the conversation today by embracing this really historic endorsement that the Harris Wall's ticket received this week from the oldest and largest civil rights organization in the Hispanic community, lou LAC. And I'll tell everybody what lou Lac is and to challenge us to answer the question of whether we think this first ever endorsement might be a sign of some things to come when it comes to the changing demographics of America and potential for future political alliances to build black, brown other power.
Speaker 3: That's what we need.
Speaker 1: And so in addition to Tiff and these insults, I'm speaking to someone who's just a walking and so Donald Trump did an interview with Elon Musk. We will also make sure we throw that in there, and all of that will be topped off by our favorite part of the show, which is hearing your questions or your comments and getting into that as well. You know, it's not a Native Lampot episode without hear from our NLP fan.
Speaker 3: So we cannot wait to hear from y'all.
Speaker 1: If y'all see my sister on the street, don't cuss her out too much about this deep dish preacher.
Speaker 3: She is gonna try it next week.
Speaker 5: I've heard it from everybody. I heard from all y'all. I got it. I gotta try a deep dish.
Speaker 3: We love it, okay, y'all. So we're gonna get into this episode.
Speaker 1: So first up, we wanted to talk about all of the many insults that are being hurled in Kamala Harris's direction. And then one of the critiques has been that she's not doing enough interviews.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Do I want to talk about that before we talk about the insult?
Speaker 3: Yep? Absolutely so. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they've been saying a lot that Kamala Harris is m I A and they don't know why she's not doing any interviews before her acceptance speech at the convention.
Speaker 3: I have some strong films about this. I want to know what y'all think. Should she be doing interviews right now?
Speaker 5: I want to hear what you one of your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, my thoughts are that Kamala Harris is an incredible speaker. We've seen it at this doing her some speeches at all of the campaign rallies. I think that there's an opportunity for her to really reset, and we've not seen that since she became the top of the ticket. Right, she has energized the base. Voter registration is up in most battleground states for Democrats, not for Republicans. It's actually declining for Republicans per reporting. So if that all that excitement exists, and you can have earned media covering you without you paying for the advertisement, I just don't see where you go wrong there. Of course, we've talked at nauseum on this show about why I think she should be doing conservative outlets. But I'm talking about all kinds of outlets. Even Luke Campbell was smart enough to run his thing back with Kamala Harris. I might do the same thing he ran his interview back with her from four years ago. Because people are just thirsting to hear from her. So I think she cannot miss speaking to people as she gets to her nomination speech. I don't think she has to be cold until that moment.
Speaker 3: What do y'all think?
Speaker 5: Well, I so as a journalist, I'm never going to advocate not talking to the press. So I do think there is something different like earned media. Yes, by all means, because she's running a campaign, But I do think there are some serious issues that need to be addressed and that the American people would want to hear from her about what's key for me. A lot of times when people build, you know, this huge crowd, and this extends from politics to entertainment and everything in between. I would love for people to take that power and empower black journalists at these different outlets. One, I think you get a more thorough interview that is someone who is at least familiar who's in the community and of the community, who can have an intellectual Q and a an intellectual exchange of ideas and ideology. So I would love to see her at this moment, tap into an Aaron Haynes at the nineteenth and do an interview. Aaron has interviewed her several times. Tap into a Joy Read at MSNBC, Tap into niche media, you know, sit down with Michael Harriet at the Root and watch people lose their mind. They think the out way media has failed us. I watched the interview with Dana Bash with jd Vance and I was just baffled at the questions that she did ask and the questions that she didn't ask, And I just think it's a failure. No shade to her. I worked with her twenty four years ago at CNN, but it's just the way the mainstream media has failed us. So yeah, I would like to see her sit down. There are questions. I think people do have questions about having a woman lead the country as a wartime president. There is a burseoning war with Iran that could break off. I'd want to hear her comments on that. I think there are some defectors who still have concerns about Pala signed, I'd want to hear her clear thoughts on that and giving them in sound bites on the campaign speech. There's not the opportunity for follow up. So it's not a criticism of her that she hasn't done it, like we're trying to win an election right now, But I do look forward to her having a sit down, and I think a sit down is better than a press conference. So I would definitely advise, if I had the ear of her campaign, advise against the press conference, but a sit down interview with a serious journalist, not an entertainer. Not You can do all those things, but you need to sit across from a serious journalist to tackle some of these weightier issues that you don't always get into on the campaign trail. So I look forward to when she does it on her time and her schedule, and I hope she does it with someone in the community and of the community.
Speaker 4: Andrew, what you think, I think, I think they've done it perfectly. I think they've done it right. I think it was important for her to get out there to find herself before an audience. Listen, the landscape changed overnight for her, really right, they were racing in one direction as a supportive cast to Joe Biden, which she has been and she is still the vice president. But but but she was launched into this, and I got to say she has shown up at least so far as I can assess near perfectly, and her choices and the way that she has handled things and the way that she's adjusted in real time. I think on the stump, and I think, rather than to just to say, I think sometimes the media have this superiority complex in the sense that they are the ones to ask the questions that are intuitive and that get to the heart of what it is, when in truth, for most these folks, they are trying to get that moment that allows their interview to go viral so that they become the superstar within the network and the look two person and that kind of thing. So there's a bit of self interest here that I think deserves being acknowledged. I think she will do it. She will do it in her timing, and I think Kamala Harrison needs to stay on her script, run this campaign from their campaign plan, and not allow the voices. And I'm speaking and thinking particularly of those on Fox who have made this a very central theme there. Why have they made this essential theme there that she's running from the press, not talking to the press. Well, they are trying to suggest and see the idea that the woman's not bright enough to sit in a room with another bright person in exchange. Well, she isn't Donald Trump. We know he isn't enable and incapable of that. She, however, isn't. I think leave people wanting more rather than having had enough. And I think she's leaving a lot of people salivating wanting more of her. And I think that beats the alternative, which is we've had enough. I'm changing the channel.
Speaker 3: Well, so let me just push back.
Speaker 1: I'm just want to push back on this a little bit. Andrew, does your idea about her running a near perfect campaign and having people salivate, salivating for more? Do you want to think about the fact that it's eighty two days left?
Speaker 3: Because can you?
Speaker 4: That's all the more reason, all the more reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it creates some stimulus and people, some craving in people. I think what ultimately will happen is there will be this come down in a settling by all of us. And I think that that's fine. But while she has the wave and has the ability to expand this campaign into states where we are right now not competitive. I will tell you it Isn't the American people out there clamoring for her to do interviews. They're not. They want to see her on rallies, they want to hear on the stump, they want to hear the fight in her voice, they want to see the eye roll, they want they want it all. But they're not out here clamoring for her to sit down with with with with an interviewer. They're just not.
Speaker 1: Think are some folks who do want to hear because now like, well, I don't just think it's an interviewer. I think there's one thing that Lenard said, and there's John Carlpiece where he was talking about main character energy, talking about Joe Biden not having it, but Kamala has all the main character energy, and it was It's interesting because I do think, like I even maybe it's because I do this stuff, but I'm like, I want to see how she shows up now because it has witched, Like we know her in that main character energy, but a lot of the country hasn't seen her in that way. So I kind of want her And then you know, there's also this, like you said, the nonsense is tip with on Fox, where they've been saying like, oh, she can't sit down. Oh and when she's when she's on the fly, she stumbles. That's why Donald Trump wants to challenge her.
Speaker 3: To three D and debates.
Speaker 5: I want to.
Speaker 1: I want her to prove them wrong because there are some folks who are underestimating her. And I think in this timeframe, which you can't have, is an underestimation become apathy.
Speaker 3: And I think it.
Speaker 1: Can easily turn into that if you're not I know what you're saying about the overexposure for candidates normally, but in eighty two days.
Speaker 3: Is it really going Are you really gonna run the risk of overexposure? I think you can't get something.
Speaker 4: Run what she is, what she's doing, and she's running up the numbers of people who want to see her, hear from her, maybe reward her with the presidency because they are so energized by what they have seen from her. And I believe her superpower here is being underestimated and then showing up and clearing up all the faces, clearing it up completely. And the people who won't who won't vibe with her. Aren't gonna vibe with her ever on that level, they're just not. So I think, hey, play with the people bringing you to the party, those who looking like they're trying to wink and dance with you, like some of these folks we've seen out in Arizona who have come out and said, we're Republicans, but we we changed the republic. Because she's out there doing it her way right now. Right.
Speaker 5: That's why tip Under weigh in about five minutes a guy, because everything y'all are saying is like, yes, yes, yes, Andrew, I think you're absolutely right. It is the Beltway press who is pressed for her to do an interview. It is not the constituents. All of us work in this space. You know, I've covered politics for twenty four years. Angela, you've worked in politics. Andrew, you are a politician, you know, So we have a different I think lens. I know you're you're a man of the people, so we're all people are the people, but we have a different lens into it. So it's like, yeah, I get Angela's point, like I want them to prove her wrong. I don't really care if she proves Fox News wrong or not. Like they are, they've already been proven wrong.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: For me, I think it's just an opportunity for her to answer some weightier questions. So I get your point, Andrew about the overexposure. But I get your point Angela, like, no, go out there and throw a punch and show them that you can do it. My complaint is, I guess, more to your point, Andrew, the interviewer themselves, who want this viral moment, who would rather fail the country, and you know, just to do you know, both sides politics, And I just wanted to complain about what I'm saying. With that interview on CNN with jd Vance, I just felt like it was such a missed opportunity. They spent so much time talking about Walls's military service, and there was no question about Donald Trump's lack of military service. There was no reference to cadet bone spurs saying he couldn't serve. There was no reference to the comments that he reportedly made about veterans. There was no reference to the policy he instituted that was harmful to veterans. And they're doing this like gossip type interview. And she one of the questions that she posed to jd Vance is, did he think Kamala Harris was black? Who gives a good god dang if you think Tama.
Speaker 3: Harris was right?
Speaker 5: Exactly a disrespectable question. You don't get to tell black people who was black or not. It is so out of pocket to even ask the question. And so at that point, I'm looking like, to me, at that point, Dana Bash looked like one of them. You know, it was like, what a missed opportunity before the American people. It could have been a fruitful interview. And that's what I'm saying. I don't think that was her intention. I think she wanted to do a good interview. But that is the difference between someone asking a question who centers the comfort of white people. It's more specifically the comfort of conservative white people, and everything you do is from that prism, it's from that friend that and so the people, the American people are like, we don't give a damn about her.
Speaker 1: I'm not even talking about that. You actually named three journalists who we're biased. They are friends, but we act they're absolutely top notch. Cream Krimdalla Crim like cream of the crop. They are amazing. And you talked about Aaron Haynes, you talked about Michael Harriet, you talked.
Speaker 3: About Joy Reed. Joy was the person who walked into did the walk and talk. Was Kamala Harris rolling out her twenty twenty campaign. This is the perfect time.
Speaker 1: For her to come back and say, hey, Joy read, let me tell you what's been going on since the last time we got together and did a walk and talk. So I don't think she has to go and do the mainstream interview that earned media piece their way. She can, to interest point do it her way, and I think part of that is saying, hey, let let us show you what real interviews look like. Let us show you the type of profile piece that should and could be done. She also should be going on these morning shows that reach the flyover state. She should be going on I still think Fox, because it's not just a Fox News platform. There are tons of viewers. They are beating ceing It and EMHISIPC and over fist right now with viewers. She still has to convert some folks and add to her base. That's how you win an election. With the electoral College and tail it's abolished. We got a mini pod coming up on that one days.
Speaker 3: Everybody talking body.
Speaker 5: I just want to say, I got a little bit of push back on that, but we got to go to a break. Yeah, let's go to a breaker. We'll pick it up on the other side. Well come, well, come, well, come, well, come, well come, welcome.
Speaker 4: So we are back, y'all. Y'all can tell we're way too excited about all this because we were talking over each other trying to get it in. I just want to say, answer Fox News, I was with you on that, and again I'm with you still, so long as she does it to the point of her benefit, use it, use this escape. Understand exactly what they're going to do to you know what moment they are looking for, but also be very clear about the moment you're looking for, yes, and then drive it to that end. Because I think that's what Donald Trump did with the black press. I'll call the nigga a nigga in their face. He did, and that and that excuse the language.
Speaker 5: I didn't like that at all.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't like it either, but I think what would have been incredible tip and like to your point of who were advising her campaign, we had to be like, Okay, he went to nabj you couldn't go to NABJ sit down with a panel of black journalists on your time at the at the VP's residence.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, like, answer it right.
Speaker 1: Away, show him how it should have been done, show him what presidential looks like. I think that would have been incredible. I also think to Andrew's point, you know what they're going to say. I wish that we could have done our sparring episode, but Tip is too cool to be in character with me.
Speaker 4: We're doing it, You're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, like, show her we can do a sparring round with a fake a foe of Fox interviewer and show her what some of those answers should look like.
Speaker 3: I think that it was.
Speaker 4: I think we can have it both ways. Yeah, I think we have it both ways. I think we're doing both. I think she's doing them both.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And when and when I say sit down with a black journalist, that doesn't mean sit down with the black journalists and talk about quote unquote black issutry, right, you know, like there are serious journalists who happen to be black, who are perfectly capable and well versed and well read on issues happening in the Middle East, on the rise of the Global South, on economic issues, on domestic policy, and issues that are relevant of the community. Who I think do a better job of speaking to the rising majority of this country and better reflecting the demographics of this country. And that's why you see people increasingly tuning out cable news and increasingly finding alternative aspects of President elect Kamala Harris held a rally on Saturday and three million people streamed it on YouTube, and sadly none of the cable networks carriod it. You know, they are still ten years behind the time. They've learned nothing since twenty sixteen, and it's just devastating to see. So while we're throwing out opportunities for her to sit down with a panel of black folks, Native Lampod also volunteers and reviewed. We would love to come to the VP residents again and sit down and have a conversation with her, so out throw our head in that ring as well. But I did want to shift topics too, because while we're talking.
Speaker 1: About can I ask you one question, do you think that we should figure out if news isn't going to cover these rallies, maybe we figure out how to stream them on our page.
Speaker 5: That's a good ass idea.
Speaker 3: What do you say? And maybe we should. I mean, we only got eighty two days. Let's figure it out. Nick, help us. We need to figure it out. But don't come on, can't come on as an echo, but can you help Nick?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Nick, let's not stream panels. And but the crazy part is they did that for Donald Trump. They gave him, like they billions of dollars in free advertising in twenty sixteen, and they're making the same mistake when he held that asinine press conference where he just stood there and flailed about and acted ridiculous. And the cable news networks were all too eager because they're looking for that cable news boon in the ratings that they once had. But if we know anything about America, America don't like a repeat. And you can see already that people like, we've seen this side show already and we're done. Speaking of side show, I want to talk about these insults that Donald Trump has been hurling at President Alec Harris, and it is I find themselves infuriating. So I wanted to talk to you guys and get your thoughts on how people should respond because I have to say I'm really well. First of all, I didn't know everybody was gonna be wearing glasses. So while I make my point, I'll put on a pair of.
Speaker 4: Good times.
Speaker 3: I didn't tell me we.
Speaker 5: Were all wearing glasses. Your glasses are cute. My point is, I there is this philosophy in politics introduced to us by our forever flowist Michelle Obama, who you know, when they go low, we go high. And I just don't think that's necessarily the way to do it now now. But but you're not running for president, so I think President elect Harris should do that. I don't think on the debate stage that she should engage in the mud slinging that you know pigs do that, but she doesn't need. But she can sling much in a way that's not trafficking and insult.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: We could have practiced this, but you don't want to role play with me. I'm not bait.
Speaker 5: So here's so Angela suggested that we like are in character and do like a mock debate. Since he's referenced, I want the viewers to know that we do like a mock debate and like we're in character. The whole time. And I do feel like like this sounds like an SNL open to me, like I'm not going to be in character. It's not actually debate prep. You know, in debate prep you have the actual candidate and somebody playing their opponent, and it's just not my what I do. But Angela, I'm sure a lot of y'all would like to see Angela Andrew and character. I would tune in. I just didn't want to do it, but y'all.
Speaker 4: Drop how I felt all those like no, I don't want to do.
Speaker 5: It, and then you're like, Okay, I'll do it. So I feel like y'all are on the same page with each other.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me? It was the most serious.
Speaker 3: Because how many debate preps are you met? At me?
Speaker 4: And I'm not sure how many I walked out of? Maybe too many to I mean, it got under my skin, but it was so perfect to do it that way rather than being on a stage.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well I don't know about that, but I will tell you this as it relates to how Kamala should handle it. And I'm not an expert here, but but just as you know, I know it went viral and that kind of thing. But when I said, I'm not calling Ron de Santa's a racist, I'm simply saying that the racist believe he's a racist. It and it caught off, but I wasn't launching a direct attack against him. I was simply validating that the people he rolling with certainly believe he's part of their company, or else they wouldn't be there. And I and I agree, I think it's not so much a rise above it as it is she doesn't have time for the games, right, This is actually the adult stage. Right we are we are competing to be the leader of the free world, and for people who want to kick rocks and play games, this isn't the platform for you. And I think she I mean, that is a level of rise above that I would want from her, But to trade bards with this guy, No, she had a look not only to the task, but to the task and above the task by saying, look, this isn't a kid sport. I'm not here for games, moderators, are we?
Speaker 7: Is this what this is?
Speaker 5: Because also Andrew, one of the go Ahead, started well, I just wanted to say, that's part of the reason why I didn't, because there's a lot of serious issues. So that's part of the reason why I didn't want to do, like be in character, like people's lives are on the line, you know, and it's just I didn't like it. I wanted to Angela, if you want to go ahead, make your point, because I want to toss to the sound that I that Donald Trump uh comments he made about her Time magazine cover. But but you you go ahead, and then we'll we'll go to that next.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you know, there are serious there are serious films where people are in character. There are serious you know, ask kits or yeah, but there are also people who are talking about serious issues. I don't think it's just about being in character. It's about showing someone who may not be getting that guidance in debate, prep how to respond, you know. And I think one of the things that Andrew you also did really well in debate was facial expressions. Sometimes you're not going to have an opportunity to respond to what do you say, do you shake your head, do you roll your eyes, do you say you do you mouth right? Like, There's so many things that you can do, and I think that those those points of guidance need to be given, but Tip definitely has a good one on what not to do, not just send a debate, but even in an interview.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so take take a listen. This was in uh, it was not an interview, but it was a sit down fanboy session with Elon Musk and Donald Trump. And so you guys have likely seen Time magazines cover featuring the President elect on it. And this is how Donald Trump characterized the cover. Take a listen, and we'll talk about it. On the other side.
Speaker 6: He's getting a free rider her on Time magazine today. She looks like the most beautiful actress ever to live. It was the drawing, and actually she looked very much like our great first lady Milania. He looks she didn't look she didn't look like Camilla. That's right, But of course she's a beautiful woman.
Speaker 4: So we'll leave it at that, right, Who is Camilla?
Speaker 5: Okay, So, so many issues with this.
Speaker 3: Why does he think she looks like Milania?
Speaker 4: Listen?
Speaker 5: Well, number one on precisely, so this is what I wanted to say about that Number one not on Milanya's best day, Okay. But the rest of it is this is classic plantation politics. That's all too familiar to black women and Nick get ready for the bleet button because it's going to require some swearing. I think Donald Trump looks at her and he there is an attraction. So it's and I think it's something that's familiar to a lot of black women that we've experienced. He doesn't want to know if he wants to fuck her or fight her, you know. And it is the same way. You take it back back to Plantation politics of black women being lusted after their oppressors, and it was with disgusted and lust where black women were rapes, you know, like there we were theirs to take and do whatever you wanted with them, and we bore the bruises and the babies of these men. And so when I heard him speak about her with this lust, that oh, but she's this beautiful woman, but he was also the subtext of hate, like I hate this woman because she makes them feel small, and that he wants to dominate her in a way by insulting her. It was so disgusting to hear him speak about her, and the intentional mispronunciation of Madam President Elect's name I just found so incredibly distasteful, but also not surprising at all. I knew what it was immediately on site. It was recognizable, and I think that is the kind of thing that she will have to rise above. I think on the other side of that, can't nobody clap back at you and snatch your soul and destroy your life like a black woman chorus. Okay, let your surrogates do that. Let the people around you do that. Let us come snatch this man's dye yellow hair, bald head every time he opens his mouth. Because the reason why they attack so many black women. Our sister Brittany Pacnet Cunningham said this on our live show from Miami is because we are the least protected, we are the least defendant, and so if we lock arms and become so impenetrable, this is the Bishop Brittany as angela causer. Bishop Brittany said that we lock arms and become so impenetrable that he will know better. So I don't know how we coordinate these attacks, ladies, but my sisters out there know exactly what need to be done. Y'all understand the assignment, and I know we certainly volunteer as tribute to help those backs. Brothers, and I think brothers have to do it too. I just think, I know, I keep one. I have to really work hard because I keep one in the chamber, and so I got an acid ass tongue, and I'm always ready for first time somebody say something smart to me, I'm ready to clap back, and it takes so much work not to do that. And it's like, I don't know. I'm looking at him say this, and I'm looking at these two things, and I'm like, it's go time, girls, Let's do it, you know, like I'm just ready for the fight. I feel enthusiastic, I feel joyful, I feel hopeful, I feel angry, and I feel pissed off. And that's a bad combination for black women to feel because it's like, yeah, you want to go to war. You want him to have a war with black women, Bring it because we're ready.
Speaker 1: He's terrified the way he is terrified of it, But also there are other folks that should be terrified, and they're on the same side of the aisle. I think what's frustrating about this moment to me is Donald Trump almost feels like he has license to do this because she has been so not protected by the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: This didn't start with Donald Trump's insults.
Speaker 1: This started within the There were folks ready to have a whole new primary to suppress a whole bunch of votes who voted in a primary for a Biden Harris ticket, who were ready to throw it all out, including y'all's favorite and first black president, ready to throw it all away to have a primary to put in a new candidate so that Kamala Harris would not have an opportunity.
Speaker 3: If you're that not that, I'm sorry, I'm gonna tell it all today.
Speaker 1: Fab you or what do you mean that he wanted to have a primary, Like what I'm saying that Kamala Harris was not Barack Obama's choice. Barack Obama was backed into a corner on that Sunday when the official announcement went out from Joe Biden saying that he was stepping down, and then a tweet went up saying that he was endorsing Kamala A how do you know it wasn't his choice?
Speaker 5: He shocked everybody, Are you kidding? Meet now fashion reporting about like, how do you know she was not his choice?
Speaker 3: I got sources?
Speaker 5: Okay, so you spoke to somebody who said President Obama does.
Speaker 1: Not support Kamala has facts that Kamala Harris was not Barack Obama's choice, and I'm telling you I know for a fact.
Speaker 5: For the audience, according to.
Speaker 1: Any fact that she was not Nancy Pelosi, I know for a fact that she was not Nancy Pelosi's choice. I know for a fact she was not Barack Obama's choice. And I know for a fact they thought they were going to have a contested.
Speaker 4: And I think you we all had the all three of us, I think had the intuitive instincts that this was not going to be the party that ain't the fight that they wanted. And I loved the rapid organization of folks like your Teka folks.
Speaker 5: From her Louie black women and.
Speaker 4: Then absolutely because without I mean y'all were coordinated, because y'all been doing this for months now, meeting and ready in yourselves for.
Speaker 3: Whatever the years. Okay, this no, no, what I just want just to give you some context.
Speaker 1: Andrew, four years ago, Joe Taka organized all of us together because they weren't trying to pick a black woman vice president. And when Kamala Harris was on the list with Big Wretch, we were like, oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no. So folks who have been ready, like folks have been ready because they know what it's like. And we've talked about this to be passed, that for promotion to be looked over, to be unprotected, as Tip said, And so I'm just saying, like, there are folks who in this same party needed the same protection of the black woman of the CBC member to endorse them so they look credible, and for those.
Speaker 3: Same people to turn their back on her in the eleventh hour is like wow. So I just think that we need to call it out. I'd like to see some apologies.
Speaker 7: I let it.
Speaker 4: I would just say, that's not what gave Donald Trump license. So what supreacy is what from birth, from the moment he could move, and it's on.
Speaker 3: Both sides of the aisle. That is a point that's.
Speaker 4: There's no way we dump him with no commitment toward her. And you had the same people saying dump him at the same time saying, oh, but we need a process, so I can't. I'm sorry, process.
Speaker 5: I want to pick us on that we gotta take a quick break. But I want to pick up because there was a lot of it was a lot of people in Congress, and I'm kind of with Angela. I want to inst on my gravestone everybody who was supporting Yes, all right, I will take a quick break. We'll be back on the other side. All right, we're back from break. Okay, we all fire to day.
Speaker 4: A lot of thought.
Speaker 5: Back up because Angela and beef still, So Angela sources because I mean, in transparency, you guys, we we talked a lot about this incus. I just wanted to be clear where Angela was getting her information from. So Angela has sources who uh you know, referenced President Obama. I saw the Nancy Pelosi interview on CNN, and it was clear to me that there was beef between them.
Speaker 3: Can we play that. We don't even have that sound. Can you find that sound?
Speaker 4: Nick?
Speaker 5: Because Tip is right, went sound because there's so many times.
Speaker 1: When they asked her about like did she support Kamala Harris and like yes, what their relationship was like just.
Speaker 5: In case we can't find that sound. Dana Bash asked former Speaker Nancy Pelosi had she mentored Vice President Harris, had she offered her support? And the Speaker Pelosi uh was saying, well, you know, basically you you come and you have to be your own person, which is an odd statement.
Speaker 7: And then she.
Speaker 4: Right in Congress a whole.
Speaker 5: Then she talked about her winning elections and uh, speaker, former Speaker Pelosi endorsed her opponent, and so she talks about that. She's like, well, I endorsed, you know, her opponent in her race for SI. But she understands that, she knows how it goes. It was not a very It was clear watching it if you understand politics. Even if you didn't understand politics, it was clear that this is not a woman who was a fan of hers, but she was not the only member. I mean, I think that's the point Angela that you're trying to make is not party specific, like we are disrespected on both sides of the aisle. There were plenty of people who were like, no, it can't be Biden. But wait, wait, wait, we're not about to gift it to her, and these conversations about you know, it was gifted to her. She has won more elections than Donald Trump has. His first job in government was President of the United States, and arguably he didn't win that when you go back and look at the data. I want people to remember in twenty sixteen, they completely discarded and discounted seventy five thousand votes out of Detroit, Michigan. Now let's just trust the blackest city in Michigan. Let's just say hypothetically, in twenty sixteen, that's sixty thousand black folks voted for Donald Trump. They didn't. But let's just say that even if fifteen thousand had gone to Hillary Clinton, she lost Michigan by ten thousand votes. Had those fifteen thousand votes gone to her, she would have carried Michigan and thus won the presidency. So they are already a to some trickery. So that's why I think when we see one of our own being attacked, when we see people before we've even gotten to an election, people on the Democratic side of the divide trying to rob her of this opportunity and trying to discount her. They did not want it to be black women versus Democrats, because anytime you on the oppice side of us, you are likely on the wrong side of history. And that's not a war you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want to say I've been down a rabbit hole at this point because I was trying to find this sound and now I have found the times where Nancy Blosi wasn't willing to commit that Kamala Harris will be the best VP pick for Biden, that you know, Like it's like, there are so many things she asked was asked about anyway, I'm not going to the point is there is a lot of baggage on the Democratic side of the aisle, and that gives the other side license to insult Kamala Harris, to come at her about her personal life, to talk talk about how she speaks, to talk about how she laughs, all of those things, because sexism is real and racism is real, and sometimes it beyond people like Yeah, that's that's my point today. And I know that this is an uncomfortable conversation, but if we don't have the uncomfortable conversation, we can't get to the apologies. I think, even going back to last I cannot believe that Barack Obama's endorsement of Kamala Harris was a video of a phone call.
Speaker 3: After all that, I just I really can't. And I think that's what was our.
Speaker 5: Issue with that, that it was a phone call? What was your issue with it?
Speaker 1: Like, what the issue was that the endorsement was a video that they recorded on Wednesday and dropped Friday, and it was a phone call of the two of them talking. I think that Barack Obama should have rolled his sleeves up and showed his ass up at a rally. That's what I think should happen, especially after what went down. You all know how Barack Obama looks when he's yes, we can and hope and changing things right, Like, we know how he shows up. And I'm just saying, he just did it a very high donor dollar fundraiser for Joe Biden just a month or maybe it was six weeks, six weeks prior, right where they showed up together. So why can't you show up for this woman.
Speaker 3: Who now needs you. I just I think that it's very up.
Speaker 5: We will speaking at the d NC on on Monday night. We will be broadcasting live on YouTube, so when we talk about it, we'll we'll anticipate his comments, but we'll be reviewing his comments on Tuesday.
Speaker 4: So maybe I'm sure it will be an unmitigated uplifting and soul field endorsement of Kamala Harris, But that by itself doesn't erase what has happened within our party. And you don't need sources, Angela to know. You can go right to the printed papers. You see exactly some of the gamesmanship that was being played.
Speaker 3: If he could wait to bring up this talk about it, brought it up right.
Speaker 5: What are your thoughts on the way as president former President Obama, what are your thoughts on how he showed up in this election cycle when it comes to President elect Kamala Harris so far?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll just say I read this piece yesterday from The Intelligencer. It was I think it also reposted in New York Magazine, a long form piece, probably a fifteen minute read or so, that took a hatchet to Joe Biden's record to took issue with Kamala Harris describing the work of their administration as having been Joe Biden's legacy. She says of accomplishments over the past three years is unmatched in modern history, and the author of the piece goes on to basically obliterate that comment. It goes further to say that Joe Biden's record doesn't even stand in the same sentence of achievement as Barack Obama's. It uses the fact that Barack Obama is a twice elected president and appealed to quote moderates and ran up the center as having been a campaign strategy thrown off by Joe Biden, and if Kamala Harris wants to be elected president, that she needs to re embrace the Obama strategy to winning. Her choice of vice president doesn't suggest that she is prepared to follow that model. It was irritating to me because it basically served as a foil Joe Biden and his service to Obama as his vice president unflinchingly in service to the president, that his record would then be turned and then used as a foil to redefine and uplift Obama's legacy as president. There's nobody in America right now looking for a long form written piece about setting Obama's record and historical context. Why because history serves as the ultimate mitigator of.
Speaker 5: That President Obama participating in.
Speaker 4: This or no what I'm saying. I bring this up, y'all because those of us in politics know that pieces like this don't just show up off the shelf from nowhere they are sourced. That it feels extremely personal. The attacks against Biden and the quote unquote advice toward Harris around how she can win feels feels to me like a smack, and the fact that it goes to such great lengths to diminish the achievements of the administration, going even so far as to say that the reason why it isn't transformative is because policy in the next administration could simply reshift and change what Biden and Harris put into place, whereas in Obama's case, many attempts to change it have been made and none have been successful, which then makes him transformative, but doesn't make but the same could have been true, right, The same is true. They're all legislative. It can easily be followed up by a ratchet Congress and a ratchet administration and a ratchet court who undermines all of it. Any of these.
Speaker 3: Were undermined to it that, you know, no doubt, There's.
Speaker 4: No doubt about it. I don't I don't want to enter the argument of whether Obama had a trans performational administration versus Biden. I'm simply saying this debate is unnecessary. This piece should never have come out, certainly not in this timing, especially when all the headlines are really on Kamala Harris. Her audience sizes, her crowd sizes, and what she now has the opportunity to do as a historic when should she clinch the nomination? And so I can imagine that if you thought that you might be the only in a generation to ever have had such a historic distinction, that it might feel some sort of way. Right now, I don't know that for a fact, but it might feel some kind of way.
Speaker 1: I mean, we got discerned that I like to say, the black woman is the holy goot.
Speaker 4: So y'all got it in the spirit run. So all I'm saying is clear, it feels, it feels, it feels like a setup, and I'm glad that a lot of mainstream has not focused on it because I think it could be divisive and and greater public. But these democratic leaders that we have named checked so far to this point in our conversation are are are, in my opinion, the type of friends you don't want to carry into a bunker.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that might be true.
Speaker 1: But speaking of setups, before we get into one that happen to fam you, why don't we take a listener question and we're gonna go right into that.
Speaker 8: There it is, Hey, Native Lampard, fam My question is after watching everything in these last few weeks with Donald Trump and Kamala, I could kind of see him doing one or two things. One being so irrigant that there's no possible way and thinking that there's no possible way that Kamala could beat him in the election, and then two throwing a temper attenson because things are not going the way that he feels they should go.
Speaker 3: She's up and.
Speaker 8: In a lot of the polls, and then her crowds are bigger at these rallies. So I could also see him throwing a temperatanship and saying, I don't want to play anyone.
Speaker 3: I quit, I'm done. But I didn't quit. I'm quitting. I don't want to play, Like what would the GOP do?
Speaker 8: I know Trump has a lot on the line, especially with all the cases that he has a givest him, But what if he was to say I quit so close to the election?
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm. It's in true of that. I mean, I think it's it's good forecasting. And by the way, we love in that democratic blue that you're sporting. But but the truth is is this man's pride cannot a allow him to step The reason why he has been in swivels, his head on a swivel for the last couple of weeks. Is because he is in complete and total astonishment that a man, that a human, that a white man, could have the seat of power of the world at his fingertips and choose to walk away. He's it would never have entered into Donald Trump's mind to if it was argued for the sake of the country step back now, he will step back. This's just it is inconceivable. And so for furthermore, to just add to it the cases that you mentioned that he has on the line. That is his life, that is his future. And right now I'm convinced that this race for president has everything to do about staying out of jail and very little to do with his promise for the future of the country. In fact, he hadn't even made any promises for it. He's left that the Project twenty twenty five. He can't even muster what it requires to set a vision to save himself so mired in it. And then finally I would just say, this man has suggested that cammalist crowd sizes have been you know, AI artificial intelligence influence, that the audiences weren't really there, y'all. The man is a Meglamniaki is an egotist, He's a satist. As far as I can, I'm concerned, but he ain't stupid. He is attempting to plot in the minds of his followers, his supporters, to suspend with the belief of what they see of their own eyes and believe me only. And this is the road to authoritarianism. That even if they don't subscribe to his belief, maybe they throw off a belief in any set of facts. And that means when it comes to November and that bitch loses, he's gonna say again that he didn't lose, that it was stolen, and he will have I think, an even more dangerous, redd up group of psycho who are prepared to burn this country to the ground before they let a black woman assume the helm of it. I think, I think all of this is up tofuge, but preparation for what he ultimately wants to do, which is to election deny and suggests that something ain't right, it has been stolen. That's what I think. Ultimately, this is.
Speaker 1: Our producers have something they want us to hear that we have not heard yet so it's a little surprise.
Speaker 3: Let's roll that.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm from Tosa, Bahoma, black Wild Street, but I'm fusive that celebrates a great event where a lot of us came together and be what we were supposed to go honey, and we're gonna do this every year. Now.
Speaker 1: The Native Land podcast calls this August tenth.
Speaker 3: What do you think about that? I think it's amazing. I think it's amazing. We do what we supposed to do, we get, we get. Yeah, let me.
Speaker 5: What if the T shirt saying I'm going to I don't see the T shirt.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but if it's holden chair, let me tell you so August teenth, as y'all know, we've talked about agnauseium.
Speaker 3: Tip brought it up.
Speaker 1: Of course, that is what happened in Montgomery, and I will just I will just say that we always encourage a folding chair, whether it needs to be used as a weapon or as your seat at the table. As Shirley Chisholm has influenced us. So with that and Shirley's legacy, we shall go to break hello.
Speaker 3: All right, So I have been.
Speaker 1: Really traumatized by as an honorary rattler what is happening at Florida A and m Ronda Santis.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's trying to take the thing down.
Speaker 1: Of course, recently, Timothy Beard was appointed as interim president. I have never in my black life I sit on a board. I sit on the Wilverforce University board. I've never heard of an interim president sending any communication to twenty plus folks in leadership at a school requesting their resignations.
Speaker 3: We understand what happened school literally right, that's thought. It's two weeks before either way.
Speaker 1: Oh back next week, So one week before school starts, asking everybody to resign, think about registration, think about financial aid, think about housing, think about everything.
Speaker 3: That has to happen to make a school function.
Speaker 1: Right before the fall semester begins, new kids coming on, like you have no idea, Like who is this guy, Andrew?
Speaker 3: Who is Timothy beer Man?
Speaker 4: I couldn't tell you. And the truth is is I looked at his resume when he was appointed, and it looks like there would have been some overlap between my time at Famine and possibly when he was there. But then he took some time away, became a president of a community college and has come to us from a community college by the selection of the board of trustees, all appointees practically of the governor Ron de Santists, who's taken really zero interest in Florida and m University up to this point. I wish we could return to that status quo of zero interests, because it's better than his interests. Because it has been proven over time when governors of this state taken interest in fam you, it is never to our benefit. We end up with the short short end of the stick. Every single time this man has been on the job one week sent a letter a day well a day ago, two days ago, saying I need everybody send me all your resignations, effective immediately, and you have until tomorrow. Here, by the way, as a form to expedite the matter, that you could just sign and I'll accept it and we'll keep moving on. These are individuals who sit at the helm of the university. It's strategic direction, but also it's day to day management leadership, upkeep and decision making and advisory role to the president. And I just wonder how a week on the job you know who to get rid of and who not to get rid of of an entire university's leadership structure, and then who tolerates what member of the board of trustees tolerates that kind of nonsensical move Right, If your critique of the previous president was that he didn't pay enough attention to the detail on a donation, you don't answer that with ridiculousness, which is the best best description I can give to what we're experiencing here, where a week on the job, the man gets rid of all the leadership. It's safe or except for a few that he may decide to reject their resignations. And I've heard people say this before. Other presidents have come in and accepted the resignations of the senior leadership. Yes, when they are made permanent president of the university, they come in just as when a new administration is elected in Washington, they have months to plan for their incoming administration. They accept the resignations of the previous ones, and they appoint their new administrations. But you have no no experience as the president of the university here at FAMU, You've got no experience with these individuals enough to know who's additive and who's subtractive to the university mission in its course. And also who will be devastated at the end of the day. If you are a parent dropping your kid off on the highest of seven heels sometime this weekend or early next week, what confidence do you have that the institution is going to be of service to your child when the entire leaders structure has come undone. I will say this, Angela and Tiffany, I am a former member of the board of Trustees. I am a former student body president at Florida A and M University alumni, lifetime member, and a giver to my institution. They have to answer for this, and I believe that there's no other reason for this action other than that powers on high have given guidance and direction for this man to execute. And that is exactly what he is doing, not on the reliance of his own intelligence, leadership, and guidance. Because he's right now is supposed to be a steady hand. That's what interims do. They steady the ship. This ain't steadying the ship. You're trying to burn it down.
Speaker 1: And the one flag that I wanted to offer to is he does say in the letter that was dated the twelfth, he requested everyone's resignation by the thirteenth so literally one day. He says that this is in consultation with the board of trustees, the past university president, and from my observations, I have concluded that a change in our senior leadership team is necessary to move forward more effectively. What's interesting is the last president in called for this. I'd be fascinated to hear or President Roberts.
Speaker 4: He throws him one of the bus and indicts him in this letter, this wide sweeping decision that he decides to make. And we haven't heard from Larry Robinson on the letter's going back to his teaching job now at the institution. But I also in here because I am optimistic about the future of my institution, and that is I know that the foundation is solid, which means the professors are going to show up. The School of Business is going to continue to produce world class future business leaders and business owners and entrepreneur into the world. We're still going to be the largest contributor to the middle class and the and the growing uh middle class of the state of Florida, amongst black folks. We are going to continue to produce great lawyers, nurses, doctor pH ds. As the number one producer of of of of of of masterial and doctoral degree holders in the black community. Family is going to continue to live up to its mission. It's just highly unfortunate that this bill rode bump of a man put in place by this governor and his sick offence on the board have the ability to fiddle with our greater with our greater mission and task and destiny. But we're gonna keep doing what we do because that's what we do. We're rattlers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I think it's HBCUs have such credo. President Elect Harris is an HBCU alum, Howard alum. She was on campus this week welcoming the students to Howard University. I think of all the prominent graduates of FAMU. I work with Will Packer, of course, who's films of grossed over a billion dollars worldwide. I've been told I haven't seen this information myself, so forgive me. This is anecdotal. But my friends, who have a lot of friends who are more house alum, they said that the applications they're getting like thirty plus thousand applications for three hundred and fifty spots with their freshman class, Howard is getting like fifty thousand plus applications for like twenty five hundred spots, and so these are highly competitive institutions. You know, there there are are ivy leagues, so to speak, and so we have to hold them dear. And I know there is a challenge with alumni of HBCUs not holding on and not you know, giving back and contributing. So I think when we hear about stories like this, it's a rallying call for us to have more of a presence, be you know, boosters if we're able. There are many reasons why we can. A lot of times are the first people in our families to attend college. The wealth gap, so we don't have the same uh financial opportunities as you know, a predominantly white student based at pw I like a Harvard has a multi billion dollar fund. So it's it's it's harder for us. I hope that I want to see FAM you survive this. My former executive producer at MSNBC, Denise Hendricks is FAM you grad obviously, Andrew, like good people come out of FAM. And I don't know who's more obnoxious an HU graduate or a FAM you graduated well, because I already know I'm like, who is going to be the most I'll leave family alone, but they we be well when vice president becomes President Harris, I'm like, who's gonna be more obnoxious there the a kas or Hu graduates. I don't know because I'm the It's hard to tell. It's ridiculous. They're gonna be trying to stroll on the White House lawn, press conferences on a you know, it's gonna be a whole thing. So I just I love and have such love for HBCUs and I hate to see, you know, it does sound like this is an intentional damaging move to the school. And I'm happy that Angela and Andrew wanted to spotlight this because it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to just remind people the reason this whole thing started was this fraudulent donation that came from this man, Gregory Jurami or Garami, who none of us have heard of, who was half masked at the at the yeah, at the at the graduation. So we are praying for fam Honore Ratler here and that.
Speaker 4: Forever.
Speaker 1: And that's how we'll stand ten toes down with tiff On the rest of the HBCUs and black people everywhere all powered to the people. We're gonna go to this next top think Andrew hit us with that lou LAC Rainbow coalition.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, y'all, we'll get and for the benefit of the listeners, we'll maybe dive even deeper on this whole Black Brown coalition building in the future. But I did want to just quickly acknowledge, and we've known this for a long time, Latino's being the as of twenty twenty, the second largest first largest minority group in the country, second to only non Hispanic whites in the country. But y'all, the reason why this is also a particular import one lu LAC organization that is now almost one hundred years old. It's the League of United Latin American Citizens, is what LULAC stands for. For those of us who know, if you're in the black community, the NAACP is the equivalent within the Hispanic community of a LULAC per se. It is also regarded as sort of being on the more conservative end of of Latino national organizing groups, and they have avoided endorsing presidents, but they feel that the moment is so dire that the rhetoric and the promise coming out of not only Project twenty twenty five, but Donald Trump himself, only supported further by his maniatic vice president. Homeboy, somebody can give me his name Vance JD James Vance, James David Vance. Okay, did he get that before he'll be theology or did that?
Speaker 5: I'm I joy started to call him James David, so now I will only refer to him.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: It definitely sounds like a former general, So it definitely sounds like a former Confederate general's name. But whichever, Harris and Walts are the recipients of this important endorsement, and it started me thinking, y'all that I have long been a bit of a contrarian on the forecasting of black and around and the future of what a political alliance could look like for America's growing black and brown community, which will buy twenty forty five I believe overtake non Hispanic whites in America as the largest majority in the country. I have not always assumed that to equal political alliance leading to political and public policy solutions that meet the needs of both communities or really all communities, that being a shared I don't know goal of this browning of America I accept what the demographics are telling us. I don't necessarily know that I've drawn a complete and total conclusion around what the future of politics and the future of alliance building and shared Vision, Mission Goal achievement means for this browning of America. And I'm curious to know whether or not y'all had thoughts about whether one automatically equals the other.
Speaker 5: Clearly it does not. But Andrew, you know, you and I we've talked about this, and I think you raised a really good point. One with the Latino community. You talked about the size of their size in this country, and I remember the year they eclipsed Black voters as the largest number of eligible voters. Not key, I punctuate that word eligible because they're still not the largest number of registered voters. Black people remain the largest community of color when it comes to registered voters. So then you have to ask a question, why aren't more of people in the Latino community registered and participating in the process. I also think in the Latino community, And as I speak about this, I want to be clear I am speaking about this as a guest observing the culture, not a member of the culture, because I know I would have an issue with people who didn't look like me talking about black people, especially black voters. With the Latino community, it's very disaggregated. You know, people are from different countries of origin and which have their own different experiences, and even within those countries, there are Afro Latinos who have a very different experience from white presenting Latinos in those countries. So they don't move as a solid block. You know, like most people, they're not a homogeneous group of people. So it is really interesting to see lu LAC come out and take this bold stance of endorsing Vice President Harris. I'd like to see that. I think it's part of coalition building. I think this is a point that Angela has been making with her encouragement about going on Fox News and things like that, go and meet people where they are. There is a significant amount of people in the Latino community turning eighteen every year, so they're the coalitions sense to grow. There are some conservative beliefs while the media was paying so much attention to black men, this disproven myth that they were voting for Trump. The Latino community, actually the Latino men, the data actually does support that they're more and increasingly seduct seduced by the Republican Party and becoming Republican voters. So that requires some I think we should be paying attention and have curiosity about our fellow countrymen. Asian American Pacific Islanders are the fastest growing demographic in this country. Also a community that's very disaggregated. So when we see this data, this data is very rarely disaggregated. Where you see well is as a South Asian person, where are they from? So I think as we approach a time where there's no racial majority in America, we are going to have to shed some of our sinophobia, have more curiosity about our fellow countrymen, and also learn to Andrew. I'm stealing this and I don't want people to give me credit because this is Andrews, but not letting it capture our imagination. You know, Andrew, You've made the point about how the whiteness and the white structure of America we can't even imagine what a democracy that served us look like. And even now in our voting, it's like, who are white people going to vote for? Because that's where we'll put our vote. We have to start leading with conviction. We don't always have to do that, and so I think this is a good practice of us doing that. The Republicans for Kamala Harris had sixty thousand people on their call. I don't know how much money they raise, maybe you guys do. But this is what coalition building looks like. And I think it's why we are seeing Donald Trump act like a cornered wounded animal flailing about because I believe in my spirit it is written, it is written. She will be president Kamala Harris. We will be at inauguration. Everything in DC is already sold out. This is a train that has left the station. It cannot be stopped. It is not a revolution, it is evolution. And you either get on board here or you will be fossilized and left behind.
Speaker 4: That's prophecy. Now, y'all just got to show up and make it real.
Speaker 3: Right, That's it.
Speaker 1: And so with that, speaking of making it real and not having our imagination captured, many of you all have manifested and prayed for a moreover present Native lampod and we will be streaming live Monday through Thursday next week at the Democratic National Convention.
Speaker 3: Have some amazing guests.
Speaker 1: We have some guest co hosts that we are gonna roll out this week that are really really exciting. And I know that Lolo on our side dropped our little graphic. Our graphics are fly. I mean, things are gonna be really awesome. I'm still gonna be in uniform. But y'all on Thursday, we're wearing white. Even if you're not at the DNC next week, make sure you are wearing your white.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get my chucks some copying Britney.
Speaker 1: We didn't talk about Britney three times a day, but I'm gonna wear my Chucks on Thursday.
Speaker 3: With a white right now.
Speaker 4: This suffrages.
Speaker 1: You gotta get something. It's too bad we don't wear the same shoe size. So you know how to order some extra parier just in case.
Speaker 4: I'm like, but she she only orders some because the last one in case they get scuffed. You know.
Speaker 1: No, I ordered some in case they don't come through. But Andrew gets some Chucks and we're wearing dinner. You're gonna wear dinner. You know, Rebel the podcast dress.
Speaker 5: But it bunches. It bunches up on me though, so we'll see how it looks.
Speaker 3: Bunch of Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Andrew.
Speaker 1: You know that you and I are normally gonna be in uniform two it is normally the rebel. The podcast would be mad. They'd be like, why is Tip not in uniform? They were so mad at Essence, So yeah, come on TIF.
Speaker 3: I never put my on that.
Speaker 5: Essence for our panel. I changed in the car and put on my dress because I thought that denim better. But then they were both. Angela had on those I love those little shorts that you wore. I didn't want to wear them at first, but they were adorable.
Speaker 3: Though it was it was a onesie Tip, it's just making stuff up.
Speaker 5: Well, they're short. There was a onesie, but it was like work with a white sheer skirt over. It was real cute.
Speaker 4: Well, y'all, I.
Speaker 5: Don't know I'm gonna wear this denim dress, but I'm definitely wearing white on Tip.
Speaker 1: Send me a picture of it and definitely try to figure out how we can do Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday like as well.
Speaker 3: If we get if it was.
Speaker 4: Outfit, okay, all mine they got hit this week.
Speaker 5: We'll have to figure it out, and then I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 4: All of mine that got here this week.
Speaker 3: You ordered all dinnim outfits. Yeah, that's incredible.
Speaker 1: Well, let me try to find Beyonce some dinner since she's gonna be out of uniform.
Speaker 5: But I am going.
Speaker 3: He did make sure my makeup was booked though, thank.
Speaker 5: Angela had messed up the whole makeup today. Okay, all right, Oh.
Speaker 1: And then Andrew is gonna do my ponytail. Andrew was doing for y'all to Yeah, I am explained about that, yes, b But you guys, I just want to point out to this podcast we keep getting bt s and y'all never see it. So we have been writings and the folder stays on the phone.
Speaker 5: When native folder I uploaded it there.
Speaker 3: I didn't do what I was supposed to do.
Speaker 5: I mind, But I want to tell you what you argue about in Chicago. We want to y'all know we're going to eat. We're gonna argue about who paying for dinner. I owe Angela a nice dinner. I owe Angela playing Andrew get them to a very nice dinner.
Speaker 3: One I must have got cashed out.
Speaker 4: She can be.
Speaker 3: She can buy my dinner every night.
Speaker 5: Then I will tell y'all how we moved in community. Angela had an opportunity that she couldn't take and sent it my way paid opportunity and that's how community moved it.
Speaker 3: That means she got some money.
Speaker 5: And I'm out here like, who wants some Deep Dish?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, on the Deep Dish night, I'm gonna buy Deep Dish. You can buy the expensive of the restaurants. She finds, I'm taking that one because that's.
Speaker 3: The cheap one. Follow let's go, let's yes. Anyway, So we got lots of events.
Speaker 1: You guys, I know there are a couple of polls up. We said we were gonna pull you every Tuesday. Make sure that you click that link in our bio on Instagram. Take that poll, send us who you want to see on the show Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
Speaker 3: And just so we're very very clear, I'm angela ride. That's Tippity crossed. That one is Andrew Gill.
Speaker 4: Two days that the drop it girl.
Speaker 5: You have one call to action.
Speaker 3: Okay, see how this works?
Speaker 4: Simple?
Speaker 5: People?
Speaker 3: Great? She always got to mess up my commercial throws.
Speaker 5: I got a real simple call, y'all. People complain that we're only on once a week. We really need if y'all want to see us more. We're gonna be on every day at the DNC. We want you all to break YouTube because y'all so we crash YouTube. So many of y'all you complain about what you see on cable news panels. We are here. We're gonna be live. Share it, watch it, post it, reshare it, repost it, make it trend whatever you can do, because that gives us the opportunity to do more of this, to broadcast more. So show up for for us. We're gonna show up for y'all.
Speaker 4: That's my only y'all show up. I will put my behind the scenes on the internets of Tiffany oh and.
Speaker 1: My pony self. And yes, thank you tip for that. We definitely are hitting y'all heard on this. Watch us every day next week, Monday through Thursday. Tail tip to get her dinnim because she's trying to rebel. Make sure you take these polls. You can put in the comments and tip we're dinnim and eat the dish. We'll take all of that.
Speaker 3: If we are eighty two days away from the election.
Speaker 1: I'm Angela Rie, that's Tiffany Cross, that's Andrew Gillum.
Speaker 3: We are Native Lampi.
Speaker 4: We welcome you home.
Speaker 3: We welcome you to Chicago next week. We can't wait to see y'all.
Speaker 1: Make sure you tune in, you subscribe, you rate and review the show, and always drop your comments and your question send them to us so we can get them things up.
Speaker 3: We appreciate y'all.
Speaker 4: Welcome home, Welcome home, y'all show.
Speaker 5: Thank you for joining the Natives.
Speaker 2: Attentional with the info and all of the latest rock gulum and craums connective to the statements that you leave on our sociales. Thank you sincerely for the pacers. Reason for your choice is clear. So grateful it took the ocean, execute road, preserve, defend and protect the truth. And welcome home to all of the Natives.
Speaker 8: We thank you.
Speaker 3: Welcome y'all, Welcome.
Speaker 1: Native Lampard is a production of iHeart Radio in partnership with Resent Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.