Speaker 1: Start up, dot up, start Up, Brooklyn Boy, Start Up, Brooklyn Boy, start up, dot up, dot up. They making noise dot up, start up, dot up up, dot up, dot up, Episode three oh two. It's the Brooklyn Boys Podcast three oh two. You know, scary is a famous engine for the Ford Mustang, the three oh two three two. I believe three hundred and two horsepower no cubic inches. Oh okay, why do you know these things? I don't know. The three oh five is a Chevy engine. Three eighteen is Chrysler three forty is Chrysler three fifty is right? General Motors. Three oh two is also an area code. I'm sure it is Harry code three o two. I'm sure it is. Anyone listening from the three oh two. Is that California?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I think it's East Coast, do you? Yeah? Anyway? Is that Delaware? I don't know anyway. So yeah, we're here. We're back. This is cool if we made it. If I remember correctly, it is Delaware. It is Delaware, right, yeah, I believe. So. I didn't have to look that up either, No, no, you didn't. It was very impressive. So, uh, here we are. We got started a little late. Whose fault. Is that my fault, and I'll just fault. I'll come to the table right now before you do that. We were supposed to do it early today because again I don't know when you're listening to this, but as we're recording this, Uh, Scar, can you read my shirt? See what my shirt says. It says you should just be a Wolverine, Wolverine Wolverine right because I'm going to see Dead Pull and Wolverine today. You are. Yeah. I will not spoil anything with my reviews online, but I am very excited. But it doesn't come out till tomorrow. All movies, most big movies that open on Friday actually open on Thursday. So you got you got your tickets and you're ready. Yeah, I'm ax. Yeah, I'm not into the Marvel world. You know what else? Turned into? Any world? Anything, any movies or any TV shows. I just any collectibles, any hobbies. You're not into anything the comic strips, the comics from back in the day, comic books, no hero action films. To watch The Bear yet season three? No? I just finished Presumed Innocent on Apple TV and you see that. Nope, No, you are you watching Game of Throne? The answer is gonna be no across the board, and you're right right, So for you to go not really into Marvel films, you're not really into anything except rooftop bars and DJs and bottle service and that's fine, and pools and barbecues and filming your food. Yes, but let's be real, you're not into any like, you're not into cultural things. You're into culture, not into like you know, so I'm not really to Disney movies movies. I get that, not trying to. I just I was never that guy. You know, there's a there's a certain kind of person. You aren't even ever a Star Wars guy like when you watch Yeah, I did see the films. I just have them. That doesn't matter. I I was never the dude who would be sitting there like, yeah, I can't wait for the latest Spider Man movie to come out. Yeah, I can't wait for Batman like I never got right and drank. Oh, I can't wait for that new rooftop bar opens. I got tickets still opening night. But as far as being entrenched into the culture of of anything, these no, but especially these action movies. I mean I can't wait to watch Actually, Okay, here's something I'm interested in, and I think it got Wick watch John Wick Moore. I think it's release tonight now, Dirty Pop the lou Pearlman story on Netflix or whateverever it's gonna be. It's excited to watch the show about a pedophile. No, because it's real life and this guy was a real, filthy, fucking Wolverine's real. Yeah. Okay, see what I'm saying. You're into the fantasy. You're into fantasy world. I'm into real life biopics, lid. Why so so there's Loup Pearlman thing. Obviously, you know it's when he you know, the Backstreet Boys and sink and he found it all those and then we have him on the show many years ago. No, I remember, dude, all the things that went on behind the scenes and all the tawdry, awful, disgusting acts, it's all gonna be revealed in Dirty Pop. And I want to be real but it's accurate. But that's the stuff I'm interested in because it's interesting. But you could be you could be interested in that and other things. I'm interested in reality and loosely based reality. I like comedy. I like things that make me laugh. But but when was the less comedy movie you went to. I don't even know. I don't like to go to the movies because there's bed bugs in these movie theaters. I know, beg bugs in the movie theaters, some of them. Oh my god, I'm just saying, get out, go. Do are bedbugs in movie theaters? Okay? And there's no okay, right, there's bed there's no beds in the movie theaters. Doesn't matter. People bring them in. People are filth okay, people are America is dirty. Not the listeners who are listening to this. But overall, right, that's why I go to movie theaters with leather couch recliner seats. No bed bugs. Oh who's bougie? Now? Bed bugs don't like leather couches. Oh yeah, my my my dollar more for a ticket, dude. No, you can't go to jankinny movie theaters with fabric seats that don't recline. That's so nineteen nineties. You gotta go with the I went. You know what I did. I went to see Twisters. It's a Twister, which, yeah, so Twisters is basically an updated, modernized, very much the same movie as Twisterwister. It's a twist you've seen one, you see them all. But I had I had some time to kill, so I went and I was sitting in the leather recliner chair, and I don't know, do you sit with your legs straight when you sit in a recliner or do you sort of like spread your knees out, spread my knees out. Yeah, I need to spread knies out, So I'm spread minisa out. Man, I spread a sudden I'm getting like, I'm getting hot and sweaty, Like why am I hot and sweating a movie theater? This is terrible? And I realized my knee had hit the heat button. The seats have heaters and coolers, and I hit the heat button and I'm burning my ass watching Twisters. Although I did see two movies in the past two weeks. I saw the movie Kill not a comedy. Not a comedy. But but if you like John Wick or Nobody, if you haven't seen the movie Nobody with Bob Odenkirk, oh my god, it's one of the best films I've seen in years. If you like shoot him up, kill a thousand people and survive somehow kind of movies like John Wick or Nobody, then go see kill. It's an Indian film with subtitles. Every in the movie is Indian. But the action, the choreography, the fighting, the killing, the murdering, the slashing on a on a train ride, fantastic like that kind of thing. See yeah again, going back to for a second. Yes, it's just I know that so many people that are like, oh, ge't Wade, and they're jumping on it. They're chopping at the bit, they're talking, they're online on the threads that it is, discussing what is it? Which one is this? Wolverine versus who or Deadpool and Wolverine, Deadpool, Wolverine, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Ryan Reynolds Deadpool and a cast of hundreds of famous people that are going to show up in the movie. I get it. I get it. I suppose I don't know. Just you have to understand the world of Marvel, the DCE universe, I mean, sorry, the Marvel Universe, the MCU. You have to have watched the low key TV series to understand what's going on in previous Deadpool movies. But it's worth it. It's it's this is a there's so much importance on this movie. If you're into the Marvel movies. It's not just a movie. It's I can't even I gottat want to get into it. If you're not into Maorrrow, you're gonna be like, O don't know, this is this podcast. I just don't about Marvel stuff. All right, we're gonna move on. We are we Why was the podcast late? So the podcast was late because I was on the phone with Verizon FiOS. Now, yeah, you texted me. You were on the phone with food. No, I'm on the phone with I wrote FiOS f I. Oh you said food. You're exactly mean. I'll read you what you texted me. Hold on, let me get you book. You said, yo, on with food, need fifteen more minutes. Oh, then you starkly wrote back tomorrow. Yeah, because I'm like, I know you with food either you're eating or you're having a problem with your food delivery. Oh no, because you food deliver everything, and it's always a problem. The auto corrected on with food. It auto incorrected no, on with FiOS. Oh you wrote it food. You're a dick. No, you're a dick. You wrote food. I didn't know that I was on the phone, so I just like blindly wrote the text and sent it anyway. Okay, so I got home and the uh, the cable box in my bedroom. The FiOS box wasn't working, so she was walking me through it, and then before long find out we need to replace the box. And then I started asking about because I'm a tech guy, I want the fastest speech possible. They're gonna replace both of my cable boxes and I'm going to get a new router. Now here's the router. Is the problem? Yeah, here's the reveal. Here's the reveal. And this is for anyone who has FiOS that's listening to the sound of my voice right now, do the math. You are being ripped off. Here's why. In the olden days, I'm assuming a few years ago, a couple about a year ago, and before that, there was no option. If you used the Verizon's router, which is what I did. You paid. You're paying fifteen dollars a month for that router. You're rating it. You're renting the router. You're renting it. And by the way, it's an eternal rental no matter how old the technology gets. On April seventh of twenty twenty, during the pandemic, when I had nothing to do. I went into a new deal with with Verizon and I bought and I excuse me, I started renting that router. It was the latest one at the time. Brody, I've been paying fifteen dollars a month for that to rent that router. And guess what a lot of you listening to me are doing that right now not even realizing it. It is now twenty twenty four July of twenty twenty four. I have paid seven hundred and fifty dollars into this router that's sitting in my closet. That's it's an eternal rental, and if I don't say anything or do anything or change anything, it's going to continue to fifteen fifteen fifteen fifteen every month. So you have a solution. You could have done so for a couple of thousand Hold on, wait, now, a couple of thousand dollars in you could be like eight years in on a router that that's probably irrelevant and slower and probably pales in comparison to what they have out there on the market. It is not worth it to pay seven hundred twenty dollars seven fifty into a router that's four years old. So there is a there is a router that's on the market that she's got the new Verizon one. It's a one time fee of four hundred dollars as came out. Instead of having two bands, it has three bands. So you get the two point. You go, it's better, it's a better, it's a better, it's it's higher, it's it's it's it's better, it's fast, faster, it's better, just better. Its fine. So for four hundred dollars, and of course it's over installments, I'm gonna pay and I'm going to own the router and guess what if I get a couple of years out of it, it's paid itself off done. I'm telling you it is absolutely an atrocity that this is going on in the background. People you your slices, Yes, you've got scambonied. Before you go further, before you tell you go ahead, I slice if you got your shit set up and a lot of people do the default like me, And you've got your stuff set up by by bios and it was a year ago maybe or even less and more you're ninety nine chance you're you're renting the router from them, paying fifteen dollars and you're paying into it every month for no reason. You told them that, You told them that. Okay, so now I'm gonna buy the router out a brand new, one one time deal and that's it. And now, and do you know how many months you just paid four of your router? If you were paying fifteen a month two and a half years, yeah, well twenty six months roughly. Yeah, two years. So in two years when your router is obsolete, it's not gonna be absolute right. You'll have to keep it more than two years for it to pay for itself. But in two years when they have a new router, you're gonna kill yourself that you can't. You can't get rid of your router. You have to sell it. You have to ask me to sell it for you. Because what you should have done was going on Facebook Marketplace and bought somebody else's brand new router and gotten it for one hundred bucks. Because that's what I did. There's no way you have the latest in technology, the brand new Horizon router. Of course I do, of course, yes I do. Because people quit, they quit either they got it from somebody or they they quit their Hoverrizon sings and they have a tech coming over it all everything. So they're not going to install a router that I bought off a Facebook marketplace, No shot. If it's a Verizon router, they will. They don't know. They see the Verizon rold, You're like, oh, I moved? Can you put it? There's nothing to install? Scary. You plug it into the jack. You take the Ethernet cable, you plug it in. What kind of installation you think they do? You think they have a soldering iron and a well, a blowtorch and and a big metal mask over their face. They come over and they go, where's your Ethernet port? Okay, yellow cable in back of the think in all right, log on? Create a password? Is the is the website changed? Password? Bye? Bye, thanks to have a nice day. What do you mean by install the router? No? But are you your own grandma? No, they're they're giving me a new router and new equipment and new and new uh new box cable boxes right which they just plug in? No this, yeah, they plug them in. No, because I think that the bedroom has a bigger problem. I think there's a I think there's a coaxial issue there. I do, I do. Are you still using co axile cables? What else am I to use? Nobody uses coax cables anymore. What am I supposed to plug it into? Well, my my Verizon FiOS boxes are are wireless. They run off the Wi Fi. Wait, the cable boxes are wireless. Yeah, my files Mini is wireless. All right? Where does it get its wall from the Internet, from the router? From the router? Right? But wait, but you need something going into the TV. Well, you need coax coming out of the wall. Do you know I have an Ethernet cable? Okay, an Ethernet cable, so you can use the Ethernet m yep? Is that a better quality than that coax? I don't know. It seems fine, And I'm not renting my router. All right, I'm gonna figure something out here. I'll tell you one better. I don't know if I told this story yet. So when we moved into the townhouse, the Wi Fi route, the Wi Fi box wasn't getting the signal because they put the the router in the garage, which is two levels down real quick. So you have to get a repeater so it repeats the signal and strengthens the signal. So I called for Ese and they go, it's ninety dollars. What you it's ninety dollars. You could rent it for fifteen a month whatever, whatever the scam is. Whatever it was. So I said, well, but it's not working. Your system doesn't work here without the repeater. Well, we'll send a tech out. I said, all right, So tech Coms goes, yeah, you need a repeater here. You go, okay, thanks. Yeah, so I'd have to pay the fee because the tech was like, yeah, it's not working or is your repeater? Okay, but if you have them on the phone for the repeater, they want to charge you. It was maybe it's one hundred ninety something like that. You gotta be smart, scary, you gotta be smart. No one well know that you have not. They're gonna get new cable boxes. We've already established you don't watch any television of movies. So what's the point of it just to watch Luke Pelman rape them and sink kids? Oh god, it's the podcast. I hate it when you put things into perspective that way. Well, that's what you want to see, right, You want to see J. C. Chase earning his spot and in sync lance bass I don't even know what, I would just calling these names out. We don't know. All this stuff is alleged. We don't know what's going on. I was alleged alleged, but watch the movie. Yeah, I mean it's alleged, like you know, Lion's Main mushrooms allegedly allegedly. So, speaking of which, our friend t White, the guy who bought your thirty three million dollar sound system, Yeah, what about it? He sent us both a picture of sixteen dollars and ninety nine cent Lions main mushroom pills that he found in the drug store. Oh nice, is he gonna take you? Whuch did you pay for yours? I got mine from from London, from overseas. Oh you had to get the imported mushrooms? No, yeah, but no, but mine. I did a Google search on them and I did, you know, did vetted them through several I went to Reddit, I spoke to you know a lot of people, and they recommended this specific version, this specific used these London memory pills. Are you driving on the wrong side of the road? What are you doing? Yeah? How is it? Has it affected you now? These four or five episodes later? How you feeling? I feel great? How many days a week. Do you remember to take them every day? I take them every day. Yes. In fact, well you just reminded me to take them for today. I haven't taken them yet, but I know we got wall Wait wait, whoa, whoa, whoa? Hold on a second, Hold on a second. You need someone to remind you to take memory pills. They're not working? But no, no, no, no, you misunderstanding where I'm coming from. If you're forgetting to take your memory pills, they're not working by definition. I put a reminder in my phone, and my phone reminds me there what any memory pills for your phone has does more than just memory? Yeah, it cognitive repair. It prevents dementia and Alzheimer's maybe allegedly it may or may not, we don't know. Hey, listen, you're gonna go from laughing to crying in another second because I'm gonna show you. I'm gonna show you something right now. Okay, this is what happens. This is disgusting, and we're gonna shout it out because we're we always come back to pizza, don't we on this podcast. So my boy Jetski Brian is hanging out with his girl and they're on their way up Jukie, Susie. They're on there. They're on their way up to Newport, Rhode Island. Oh love Newport Road. So where would you, David Brody, logically stop for lunch on your way driving up ninety five to Newport, Rhode Island. I might stop in New Haven for some second best pizza. Ding ding ding ding ding, you would, right. So So they they left this morning and they here. They aren't lunchtime. This was just sent to me about a half hour ago. They ended up at I told him to go to one of the three big ones, either Sally's Modern or Pie. So here they are sitting in Modern Pizza Modern in New Haven, which we know is some of this country's best pizza. Chicken French fries. No, no, he's a purist. She's a vegetarian. Look what she did to this fucking pizza. I'm showing the picture, the picture of she got three quarters of the pizza. Well, he said half. They fucked them, So they fucked him. They gave him two slices. He's so angry right now. He goes sky he goes, you send me to Modern Pizza, he goes. It's like a pack man of vegetables. He goes my side of the little triangle because my side of my side of the pizza is banging her side. And guys, you know, it's it's garden. It's it's Brodie's worst nightmare, throwing up, threw up on a pizza. It's got look, I'm zooming in. It's got broccoli, it's got mushrooms, it's got olives, it's got onions, it's got peppers, it's got hold on. I may even have some dill on there too. But the best part is he orners half half and somehow somebody's not even close to half. Dude, it's like three three quarters. It's a showing that eighty five percent of people eat vegetables and fifteen percent don't. Dude, Wow, you're a vegetarian. What the fuck you have to add vegetables to it? You U still eat cheese and sauce and dough. What the hell you don't do that? You don't ruin a masterpiece. I said you need a do over, buddy. You can't sit there at modern pizza eating stuff with a garden on it. Now, listen, I'm a vegetable. He got two slices at best, right there. I'm a vegetable guy. I love vegeta going back, you know, if that's me, it's going back, of course it is. But I'm a you know, I would love I love vegetables, but I like vegetables by themselves. I don't want to awe my fucking pizza. Vegetables have no place on pizza. Well, my wife will sometimes order a mushroom peezza or half mushroom, but then I have to like make sure that the mushrooms stay on her half. Maybe our pizza if I were no never, but if our pizza came back three quarters mushroom and two slices like that, it's going back. Or they're bringing me a plane one well probably with sausage. They're bringing me a pizza for me. And by the way, I had a free pizza last night. How'd you get that? Well? So, uh, I moved from one town to another town. Right when we sold our house, we moved. So the town in between my old town and my new town has a pizza place and we get a packet back in May. That says, so, welcome to the neighborhood. Packet. So, like, here's some coupons for your new dry cleaner. Here's some coupons for your new dentist. In other words, in case you moved from another state or really far away, welcome to the area. Here's you know, a discount on Indian food. Like they want you to. They want to become their your new places, right, So I got a coupon for a free specialty pizza from this pizza place in the town between the two towns I moved from two, so I've gone there before. I'm not really new to the area. So in other words, I moved from town C to Town A, and this pizza place is in town B smack in the middle. Welcome to the neighborhood. Come get a free twenty five dollar pizza. So last night I got a free sausage of meatball pizza. Welcome to the town I've lived next to for twenty five years. But thank you. But there was some movement there and they saw that and they recognized it. Well. They gotta whoever sinds out the mailers for Welcome to the neighborhood saw there was a new person living in the town. But it doesn't ever tell them where I came from. I came from right overn are over there I went from your left arm to your right off. Okay, tick my free pizza please, And I'm gonna get some free dry cleaning. I'm gonna get a discount of my my, my, my dog appointment for grooming, a free bath for the dog, like, no problem, free bath. Welcome to the neighborhood. I didn't change area codes. I just changed zip codes from I moved to towns basically, so thank you, thank you. You got free gym, free gym membership. Wow. So this is all from move. Maybe I should move. Maybe I'll get some free shit or just like rented apartment for a month, uh huh, and then wait till the package shows up. Welcome to the town. Yeah, but the way you pay rent it probably be more than the coupons you need to move. By the way, I know, I know, I'm sedentary. I don't know why I sit here, but I'll figure out something. Here he is broadcasting live from his kitchen, living room, combo kitchen. It's exactly what it is is a net behind him. It's his kitchen, it's kitchen room. Let's say he's gotta He's got the diningom table right behind his microphone, where the pile of papers is shorter, shorter pile. Yeah, and and for years I'm telling them, dude, you got it. You gotta get a pick up place, he said, dam I'm happy here. Now he's gonna tell me I can't move, bro, I just got new files boxes. I can't move to get I have to the guy to install it in my next place. No, you'll have to have the guy uninstall it in this place and then move it to your new place and reinstall it. It's not a satellite dish. It's a fucking plugin ball. You work at a radio stack. He's a good guy. You have to install it. I will watch, you know what, I will be watching some things. I'll be watching the Olympics. Are you excited for the Olympics. The Olympics start tomorrow tomorrow afternoon. Yeah, tomorrow tomorrow, the opening ceremonies tomorrow night. Summer Olympics. You see what they cited. The Mets are playing the Braves, battling for second place. But yeah, oh, by the way, did you see the Yankee fans. Mets swept the Yankees four games this year. That's right, all your Yankee fans out there. The Mets take the season series. The Subway Series four games to none. We're still way behind the Phillies for all you Philly fans out there, way behind. But while card race and we have Garrett Cole's number, don't we? Oh yeah, yeah, thank you. Welcome to the Grimace era and uh are you? Are you excited by the way? I went on the radio this morning, yesterday and today in a row and I just went off on Yankee fans and I really stuck it to them. I really did about about the Mets clobbering the Yankees. It's nice to do on the radio where no one can reach your neck, Isn't that great? They added a sports, a couple of sports to the Olympic roster for summer. One of them would be, yeah, the very curious breakdancing. Are you exciting? That's a death No, that's not real. I mean, I know it's real, but that's not a sport. Are you excited on breakdancing? Remember back in the day breakdancing? Yeah, cardboard box on the ground break dancing? Yeah, of course? How great was with that?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: I attempted the worm on the Big Show the other day. I saw that that was not a worm. Didn't go over very well, it was more like an arc. Someone called it the uh, the the pirate ship, the buccaneer at Disney World back and for whatever reason, I got no leverage and I didn't have any movement on my worm. But anyway, now, had you tried it on your back, I have a good feeling you would have been able to accomplish it s your own deep practice. Oh yeah, sure? Can you do the spinner? Is the upside down turtleshell spin whatever you call that? No? And I can't do the helicopter or the scissor kick or whatever, the pop and lock? No, the change? What was was this one? The chain link fence or that? That's the wave? The wave wave, I think that's the way, the inflatable wiggle Blackie wave filling food too. You don't need to call it exactly what family guy called it, just the waving guy by that. Are you you are excited for the Olympics? Are you're not? Really? Yeah, there's certain I loved it. Watching gymnastics, track and field is fun. I don't want to know why. You don't want to know why? Why why you like watching gymnastics? Because my kids did gymnastics. They got me into the all right, I don't like gymnastics. I don't like watching it. What you thought there was some No, I'm just like watching the Man in tight pants. I'm just saying I don't like I don't like gymnastics. I don't like watch I understand the scoring and the art of it and the difficulty of it. More so having watched my my kids do gymnastics for so many years, and I would watch with them, and they have favorites, and so it got me into the sport more. I know that's one of the big ones, though. I mean, I'm really I'm really crushing. Oh, it's probably the it's probably the biggest. I mean, tennis is big. I think they're playing They're playing baseball or softball this year. I don't remember. I'll know by the time you hear this, but I know they were bringing it back for one of them and Lena Lebron James is carrying what is he carrying the torch in there, and Snoop apparently is screing the torch, which you know is going to be a giant spliff. Of course it is. You know he's gonna be smoking from the torch or smoking the actual torch. Yeah, yeah, all right, basketball will totally dominate and if we don't, they're like, that's that'll be that's sad, Yeah, that would be all right. We're taking commercial for the Olympics. You go Team USA. Yeah, and Brody before we go further, well, bump, we we have just a couple of days left. Now we've put an extension. Oh, we did put an extension on our on our merch our Brooklyn Boys Limited Edition Commemorative three hundredth episode merch. You can get it in the form of a T shirt, a hoodie or tank Ladies tank tops. Well, something happened yesterday because you and I both posted and then Mert match Matt Mert Merch. Yeah, Matt Merch emailed us and said that sales went through the roof yesterday and we should extend it because apparently people are catching on late. Right, So we're like, all right, well, we don't want to end it if people are like suddenly start buying it. So I think people are an episode behind, yeah, and I think when they saw a post they woul they went and started buying stuff. So what are week stending to the thirty first right? Well, the sir, the merch of the shirt and whatever you want in whatever form you want to get it in will be available while supplies last, but the actual live or the autograph signing from from Brody and I will will be only through July. Brodian Mate will be July thirty first at midnight, So you must place your order by July thirty first at midnight on those on the merch and we will gladly sign the merch if you'd like, if you put it on I'd like to correct scary. July thirty first at midnight is either the first thing in the morning on July thirty four, August first at twelve, So July thirty first, when it becomes August first, you're done. You're done. So before July thirty first ends, Yeah, you have to buy the merchandise, yes, and then that this Coast baby, and then after that we'll just go back to whatever shirt you're left. You can still buy them, but they won't necessarily be signed. So yeah, make sure you get those in there. And then also if you want to buy the things that if you want to buy other during this period of time, if you buy other things, other items in the merch store, you put a request in there. We'll sign that to everything up till July thirty. First, that what we said. Yeah, okay, have you guys noticed slices that there's been a bit of an Instagram battle between me and Scary on posting for the shirts, because I, you know, I post everything and always put I tagged me and I tag him below it. So Scary posted the shirts and he wrote Scary and Brody in white ink on all of the shirts. So so Brody couldn't put his name ahead of mine, right, So here's what I did. I found us this is my music for my post.
Speaker 3: A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my music now for my posts for the Brooklyn Boys merchandise. That's all. You put your last name in the music. There's a it's there's a guy called your last name in song or something like that. And if you have a relatively decent, relatively popular last name, there's a song with your last name in it. Great. I can't imagine he did Jones. That's not very poppy. No, there's a Brody song. So I was like, oh, Brodie's now my song for posting these Brooklyn Boys shirts. That's awesome. That's awesome. Appreciate you Brooklyn Boys dot bigcartel dot com. That's Brooklyn Boys dot Bigcartel dot com. By the way, everybody says it when I say it. I'm sure they say it along with me, but probably nobody says it along with you because they don't know what's coming exactly. So I appreciate it. Oh, I was just gonna say something. I don't know what it was. Well, you have a whole list of things that you wanted to say. Yeah, I know, but I was about to interrupt you like I always do. We interrupted for this.
Speaker 3: Joke.
Speaker 1: I did tease I would tell you about one of the dumbest people I've ever met, which I'm still gonna do. But I wanted to talk about pickleball, Patty, if I have a moment to have a moment. Of course, as you know, I have been play playing pickleball a lot, and I've gotten quite good at it. My ranking has gone up twice since I started about a month ago, and I'm still getting people saying, wow, how long you've been playing? I go, like three and a half weeks, what I've been playing two years. You're better than me.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It is what it is. So when you play open play, it means whoever signs up. Usually it's four people per court. Let's say there's sixteen people. There's four people on a court, and then you play to eleven and then the winning team splits and stays there and the losing two people walk off to another court to go play the winners of another and you also split up, so you don't play at the same person more than once. So we lost a match and we move over to court whatever for another court, and we're playing with two people I've never met before because I don't normally play on Sunday mornings. And one of the women is a very mean looking woman with glasses. Very mean looking. Okay, I'll refer her as pickleball Patty for the rest of this story. I don't care what her real name is, but she's pickled. Now, when you play pick a ball, there the woofle balls right, roughly the balls would plastic holes in it. They look like what are those shoes? The crocks the crocks, but balls right, And so usually when you when you go on the court, the place you play at gives you like a dozen balls to play with, like six to eight balls, and they give you a little a little gray basket and they leave it on the bench on the side where you sit down, right on the side of your court. Sure, and then it's usually balls on the court, so like you know, if you need some, they're behind you. Like we didn't get those, they're still they're all laying all over the place. Now, the distance between the court and the wall is like, no know, eight ten feet. You're not going to run into the wall. So if a ball goes past you and it's not your serve, you're like that, fuck it, I'll leave it there against the wall. I get it later if I need it. And when it's your turn to serve, either the other team throws you the ball because they happen to have it, or you pick up one from behind you. Sure that makes sense, right of course. So pickleball Patty decides she hates having any ball on the floor near her. She might step on them, even if they're ten feet behind her. So she picks up all the balls on her side and walks over to the bench on the side and puts all the balls in the basket. And my partner and I had whatever three or four balls are on our side. So every time we serve and they miss it or they hit it to us and we miss it, and it's hard turn to serve right she doesn't have a ball oh, and stands there and gives us a dirty look like, hey, can you go get a ball on your side and throw it over you ah. So the first two times I was like, all right, here, take the balls from us, sore you go, And every time they it would end up on her side. She would pick it up and walk over to the basket and put it in the basket. So at some point we had one ball on the court, and eventually she didn't want to walk over to the basket. She's staring at me like, can you walk over and get a ball? It's your turn to walk over. So I said, hey, hey, you keep putting them in the basket, go get a ball. She it's your turn. I got the last two. They go listen, you're the one putting them in the basket. Everybody else leaves them on the floor, so they're easily grab a ball. I'm not getting it on the pickle ball court. No, So my teammate, she says, I'll go get one.
Speaker 2: I go.
Speaker 1: You will not you will, you will stand right there and I made pick a ball Patty, go get the ball. Fuck pick a ball, Patty. I'm gonna play pickle ball. You leave the balls on the court and if we need one, they're there. She's like, I'm afraid I'm gonna step on them. You're gonna run back ten feet and step on one like six inch wide ball. Every time she's obviously she's got something. Yeah, you'll have to excuse her. You know what, she doesn't have a fucking pickleball a pick up. Every time I got it, See, I have to walk over to the corner over there by the defence and get a ball and throw it to heart. Yeah, because she's, oh, I can't have any balls on the floor. I can't. She hates balls. That's all you need to know. Is scary, all right, she hates balls. I can fill in the rest with my imagination. Pickle ball, Patty, and more importantly, don't play with pickleball, Patty. I played pickleball a couple of years ago when it was really, you know, on the move in in South Florida. It was pickleball was on the move. Well, pickleball started, I believe in Florida, somewhere on the west coast of Florida, It started in uh, the Pacific Northwest, Oh did really well. It picked up Steam, Washington, State of Portland, in those in those communities and people were playing pickleball for years down there before they made its way up here to the northeast. So I I gotta you know they have did. The court's ready to go. It's I like it. I like it because you feel out much again, Yeah, you feel after you feel like you're doing something. You know. It's not quite tennis, It's it's a it's a miniature version of tennis. If you don't know what ping pong. It's a large version of ping pong, but a minia version of tennis. It's like paddle tennis. When when you were a kid of camp, like, did you play paddle tennis, which is like racketballs and tennis balls on a smaller court. Yeah? No, no I did not. All right, well, I feel like it's appropriate for people our age, right, I gotta be honest with you. I play with women in their let's say forty to sixty, well forty to their sixties, and I'm running around, I'm jumping, leaping, slamming, I'm hitting the ball home. You're gonna break a sweat. Oh no, no, I'm breaking a sweat. I'm worried I'm gonna break something. Right, the instructor is like, calm down. I don't want to have to. You know you're gonna be bleeding soon because I'm like lunging for shit. But here's the thing, I'm pretty decent. For as long as I've been playing. There are women in their sixties scary. They're not exerting as much effort as I am, and they're as good, if not much better than me, because they know how to angle the ball and spin the ball and return low, low hits and they're not moving a lot and they don't have to, but they're very good. So all my athleticism and slamming and smashing and pick a ball players, if you're listening, you know that you don't you don't. You shouldn't be slamming every time somebody do a drop shot or a dink. This skill to when you hit hard, when you lob it. So I've gotten really good at longbing it over their heads because they're not fast and they can't get back quickly. So when they when they come in, not all the way, but if they come in most of the way towards the kitchen. Yep, oh the way. Yes, I just loop it over the heads and lands in the back of the court, so I get some looks. Boy, the ladies give me the looks. Oh yeah, Leah, like, oh what you think you're missed the man? You're gonna loop over my head and then they destroy me. You feel bad? Do you feel guilty when you're playing women? You're like, ah, I'm you know, you're off for blood that kind of thing. Oh, I'll tell you what. I played a woman. Uh, it was two. I played two. It was two women and and me and another woman. So three win in me and one of the women had a knee brace on like not like a like a cast. I would feel bad. I wouldn't want to try and defeat them. I'm like, oh my god, And I know this is sounding it just sounds weird, right, but but I just feel like I showed. At one point, my teammates slammed the ball at her feet and she couldn't get it, and she looked at me. She went, I feel really bad about that. I said, why, we're up seven to four. There's nothing to feel bad about. Like you're there had a win like one girl said to me. She goes, well, uh oh, I hit a serve and it was in like it was. It was past the kitchen, so you have to hit it past the blue area, right. And so the earlier in the game, I hit a ball and it was on the line of the kitchen, like the area right over the net. So the guy was like, that landed in the kitchen. Bad serve. So to me it looked like it didn't. But I was like, I'm not gonna argue with you, okay, fine. About five or ten minutes later, I hit a ball that was easily a foot past the kitchen. Beautiful serve. He couldn't get in fast enough. I aced him. He goes, I was in the kitchen. I go, what it was a foot? What are you talking about? It was that it was perfect, It was perfect. He's like, no, I was in the kitchen. So my teammate goes, I don't argue, just it's not it doesn't matter who wins. What are we doing here? What do you mean it doesn't matter who wins. You would think I showed up for the for the for the love of the game. I want to win. I just want to win. My mo would be. I just want exercise. I don't care if I win. Well, when is that ever your M? Well, it would be my m because I like there were only why I'm getting on that goddamn court is is so I can move my body and get some exercise. Listen, the exercise spot's good. I'm sweating like crazy, that sweat bands on. I'm wiping my face with my shirt. We got getting exercise. We got a problem right below where I am right now, like literally twenty twenty something floors below where I am right now, there is controversy on the because they installed these pickleball courts, and they did this last summer. Coming over, there's three pickleball courts. But in order to make a building, Yeah, they belong to my building. You and I should play. You can get exercise. I demolish you. Let's play, but let's play. We should film it. Here's the problem. Yeah, this is now the second year in a row that that space is for pickleball. In the winter time, it's an ice skating rink. But in the in the summertime, they how do they do They bring in They bring in the ice. They make it an outdoor. It's one of the out only use. They take up the boards of the well. It's not a clay court, and they pick the well. No, they put stuff over it. They put ice on it. Anyway, So in years past and forever, in the summer that was a huge three drain sprinkler system for the kids with these elephants, these these stone elephants and the and the and the uh, the water would come out of the trunks, right yeah, and the kids would play there. And then last year in the in the spring, as soon as they put the ice away from the ice skating rink, they're like, we're gonna go into a transition period here and we're just gonna put down these these pickleball courts temporarily. Anyway, it became wildly popular day and night, night and day. Right, they did nobody. They just pushed the sprinkles systems aside. They never installed the sprinkless systems, and all summer the kids, the poor kids of this community went without the sprinklers because they had to have three pickleball games going on down there. So people were furious by the midsummer, They're like, what are you gonna pick up the pickle ball courts and put the elephants back and open up the sprinklers like never so co so, like maybe next season, because they were gonna do like an alternate, like they were gonna go one season pickleball, one season. Well guess what this last summer came and went, winter came, Winter came, and then they put the ice down, ice skating rink, ice skating rink ended. They painted on the pickleball courts again. Fuck the kids, Fuck the sprinklers. This is down season, season two of pickleball with no sprinklers for the kids. And I'm actually siding on the on, you know, with the families with the kids because mich well, why don't they put up a sign that says we will have sprinklers for the kids on all days it rains. No, because it's just not that easy. You took a minute. I took a second. You know something, I don't care. Hey, wait a minute, I figured that out. Yeah. I feel bad for these families because there's no like water source anywhere in that area. There's no where for the kids to go. Oh, they have the Hudson River right there, Yeah, jump right in, have a take a dip. Well, can't they get my hoose or something they can sprinkle. I mean, I feel bad for the kids. Don't get me wrong, but pickle ball is the upcoming sport in the country. Well that's exactly. It bigger an Olympic event. Yet it's pickleball in the Olympics because it's not. It will be. I don't think it is. It will be soon. But isn't that awful? Like all all the adults of the community like dominate. They're like, yeah, and now it's pickleball mania downstairs. All they do do day and night, night and day. Those courts. I don't even know if we get a court because they're always full, even in the morning. Well, you're scary Jones. You can't pull rank. I don't know how it even works to sign up, but can you imagine? I just I just think it sucks because now two years in a row, these poor kids were shut out. At some point they'll forget. No, these families are protesting. The big fight's going on. They want them, they're angry, like they want their sprinklers back. Well, can't they do three pickle ball courts and make the fourth area a sprinkler. It's not large enough. No, fucked, Well, maybe they got to just take up to amusement park, take them to a water park. Yeah, I feel bad, but pick a ball is a support of the future. Yeah, here we go, pickle ball the kids, the podcast. We will be right back. I have to uh issue a clarification. What's that. I don't necessarily need you to play the Brody was wrong jingle? But sometimes you know the way my brain works like boom boom boom. Well, one of my pet peeves with the English language is when people say, you know when you when you spay or new to your dog. Yeah, when a dog is it's past tense. It's spade, yep, spade and spade. It's not spaded right, right, it's right. So a lot of people get that wrong. So in my head I'm so conditioned to the ed not being correct. Whenever I hear somebody say, oh, I had my dog spae, I'm waiting for it. It dorg spade spade. Well, last episode, you said or somebody said petted the girl petted the dog. I say that. I don't think I said that. It's irrelevant what the context was. But somebody said, uh, somebody said something petted, and I said petted the past tensive pet is pet I pet him right, But I was thinking of spade and I brain farted. So I just want to say, anyone who was upset last week, I don't I don't think it was that deep. I don't think anybody really loves sleep over that. Because Marky Mark on Instagram pointed it out to me and screenshot of the AI definition, So because he pointed it out, I'm like, oh fuck, I must have been thinking of spade, Spade not being spade. So petted is correct? Petted petted, I petted the dog. I don't think that's correct. Well, i'll look it up. I don't think that is correct. I think I think you were right in the first place. I petted. No past tense of the verb pet is petted. Petted. Petted can be used as both simple and past particle participle tense of the word. I petted the dog yesterday. Yesterday, the dog was petted. It is a word I just am so used to shopping. It's spade, and I'm gonna use that on the air and they're going to correct me. And then petted petted. No, it's petted, and it's also it's texted. Just a reminder I texted him, I saw I saw a politician this week, said, oh, I text him yesterday. It's texted. Also, uh again, watching the news, I saw two people say that's a carbon copy. All they did was cut and paste. Nope, they copied and pasted. They copy and pasted. They keep saying cut and paste. Also, yeah, yeah, I got, I got, I got grin. I want to want to play some audio if I could of two mistakes and played off my phone and uh, and one very very funny comment. I want to know what you think of this your first thing you think about when you hear the third clip. So this is a baseball announcer, John Smoltz, a Hall of Fame pitcher for the Atlanta Braves. Uh, he's broadcasting the one of the games on ESPN. And here's what he says. And if you speak Spanish you'll understand. I know that's where you go. But I'd love to see it to Monolyn go after one of the best. So what he said was he, uh, he wants to see them go mono e mono. Oh no, that's not correct. It's it's mono ah a a which means which technically means hand to hand, but mono e mono, which which I is not hand and hand right hand and hand is like do you want to see them date? Uh? This was a uh scary everybody knows about the unfortunate assassination attempt. Yeah, right, Uh anyway, so, uh, the head of the Secret Service was grilled this week by Congress to see what happened, what was the failure, and they wanted her to resign, and she wasn't answering a lot of questions. So a representative, I think her name is, uh, let me see, her name is McCain. Maybe no relation to John McCain. I could be wrong in the name. It's not important to the story. But she was trying to This is a fact finding meeting, right of Congress, and she's she's grilling the woman who runs this the Secret Service on and she's claiming that the woman's not answering the question. So tell me what mistakes this woman made in her questioning. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: If you want to stay in charge, it's it's really really simple. You want to keep your job, right, absolutely, Okay, the best way to keep your job is to answer the questions, not play this shell game, not sing the slim Shady song wasn't me.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, it wasn't me. It's not by it's not by M and M. That's why I or Slim, it's it's that's that's Shaggy, that's Shaggy. So she's in a fact finding meeting and she yeah, you need to, you need to. You know that was written. You know that was written. She had written down somebody. Somebody definitely wrote that. Yeah, So don't don't sing that it wasn't me song by Slim Shady. Now here's a commercial, a new commercial. I just saw it. It's what looks to be a relatively well off teenage girl and she's talking about this new service called Maids, where you can hire them for not a lot of money and the team comes over and cleans your house. But listen to her how she talks about in the commercial, how excited she's about this new company. Right, you tell me your first thought.
Speaker 2: Okay, after Homoglobe cleaned our.
Speaker 1: Place for nineteen dollars, I'm sorry Homoglobe. Oh, the name of the company's Homoglobe. And they come over and they clean your house for nineteen dollars.
Speaker 2: After homoglow cleaned our place for nineteen dollars. We fired our old housekeeper. Homogo tackled everything from our.
Speaker 1: Kitchen to our So did you catch it? No, one more time, one more time hit me.
Speaker 2: Right after Homoglow cleaned our place for nineteen dollars, we fired our old housekeeper.
Speaker 1: Homoglo, we fired that old housekeeper. Yeah, listen to our Shes like, oh, yeah, just we loved Homoglobe, so we fired our house fired. That's pretty. She's cavalier about it. Yeah, I don't, I don't we use home. Let's do it again. She's like, yeah, we fired that bitch, is what she said. Listen to her.
Speaker 2: After Homoglow cleaned our place for nineteen dollars, we fired our old housekeeper.
Speaker 1: She's such privilege. She's like, yeah, we fired a housekeeper. Yes, she does sound snide. Fuck her and her four kits she has to feed. We got our housekeeave of nineteen dollars. Yeah, hear it.
Speaker 2: We tackle everything market.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: We After Homoglow cleaned our place for nineteen dollars, we fired our old housekeeper.
Speaker 1: We fired she did like, you know, we let our housekeeper go. You know, all she had to say was, you know what, we're happy with the company. We used to pay another service a lot more money. Now we fired our housekeeper. Fuck her, Let me go live somewhere else, let me go back where she came from. That's all. Yeah, that's a little much. Yeah, I don't like that. I don't like it either. And now all I can think about is the poor housekeeper who doesn't have a job. Right right, tackle everything, go back to the beginning again. Want more time if you see the commercial to see this this teenage girl. She's a teenage girl, by the way, you know it's not her money. Either that's the money or her fucking house. Yeah, she's like. What she means is my parents fired them, but I would.
Speaker 2: Go after Homoglobe cleaned our place for nineteen dollars. We fired our old housekeeper.
Speaker 1: We fired I love I love how the big the bitch teenage daughters the one to deliver the message to everyone's like, you've been part of the family for eleven years. Hit the fuck out. We just paid nineteen dollars in the house, a house that I don't know and I don't contribute to in any way financially, Dad, you're saving money. You fire it, get out, get out, get your things, get out. Don't even don't even wait, don't even clean your things out. We'll fucking mail them to you. We got Homoglobe. Get the fuck out. You fied, Mommy? Can I fire the housekeeper? Hey, guess what, Miranda, you fire you? Get the fuck out. Do you know they're from the wealthy area of Connecticut. You got to see the Connecticut she she looks like she's well off, blonde teenage girls. I love homogloves so much more time. One doesn't know how she's impacted.
Speaker 2: Cleaned our place for nineteen dollars. We fired our old housekeeper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they probably had house. They probably had the housekeeper like in her bed. She probably lives upstairs. And these Homoglobe people for nineteen dollars, they're like, can you lift your feet? They vacuumed under her feet. No before they finished cleaning the house for nineteen dollars're like, get the fuck out, get out, get out. I don't care how long you've been cleaning our house. I don't care how long you have you're on Wick food stamps. Your family out. You know, we used to fifty. We used to pay you fifty dollars. Now we can pay nineteen. Get the fuck out. You worked for us for twenty years, You earn trust with loyalty. You came to our other daughter's wedding, you babysat for our kids nineteen dollars. You're fucking firefire, get out. Don't the dog hitch in the ass anyway. I'mout recovery from that who writes commercials, people who don't care about people who work for a living. But they're trying to play on the They're also trying to play on the audience's sensitivities, and that's that has been insensitive. All they're playing off of is I could save money for nineteen But let me ask you a question. No, but it's not dead black and white. It's not that clear cut and dry. How many how many people who have enough money for to have someone clean their house are also concerned about saving money? I would imagine it's a percentage none. But if you have a if you have a scary you have somebody who cleans your apartment. For how many years now? Estella has been with me since Wow, since Greg t and I moved into our first place twenty nine, so twenty four, twenty four years. She's been with me well, ninety nine to twenty four is twenty five years, two thousand. I got her in two thousand, okay, so twenty four I let you got she was right there. I got well, she was recommended to me twenty four years. Now you're paying a little more than nineteen dollars a month, a lot more, okay, But she's becoming Here's here's the thing. But scary, scary hemoglobein whatever that company is scary. They can have a team come over for nineteen dollars and you can fire her. No way. The woman who threw his sneakers out by accident, you can fire her. You've been in my life at twenty four, Get the fuck out. There's no way I can't do that to her. No way, no shot. Scare. You'll be saving a little money. What how much am I saving? You're talking about the guy that pays pays four hundred dollars for a brand new Verizon router when I could get it for one hundred on Facebook Marketplace and not give a shit about it. So no, because it's about no way, it's about there's a so much more that goes into that. Come on, No, it was part of the fam. Here's it's a part of the family. There's a human there's a human factor. There a huge human fact. When I'm not at home, this person is able to go through my drawers whatever, I trust them not to do that. Yeah, so I'm gonna hire somebody for nineteen dollars, dude if they're getting paid five dollars an hour, because it's like for them, you know, yeah, aren't they more likely to need the money? And what's going on? Yeah it is, Jef, you work for one of those companies, got blessed. I'm not saying you're dishonest. I'm saying having someone you know, for a long time, there was a local place in Hoboken that had this issue. They underpaid their their staff that worked for them. It was like a giant cleaning service and they and there's been a lot of I saw on a Reddit thread a lot of issues on with that service because the people are very underpaid, and because they're underpaid, they're probably figuring they'll take it out on these people's houses and their clients. Yeah maybe maybe not maybe allegedly alleged. Right, So all right, uh, you know you said a local a local place, right, he said a local? Yeah, Well, it's not a yeah, yeah, And you know on Facebook sometimes people ask for advice, right, people have say local places advice, and I've always I've talked about this someone we both know put up on their Facebook page, and you tell me, tell me if this is a cool post, and if you have all the information you need to help looking for local places to take off lessons? Thanks local to what? Thank you? Yeah? Local to? Nobody knows where she lives? And define local like how Chris, my local and your local have two different measurements in distance? Correct? Correct? Because for me, local is you know, maybe the you know, maybe the tri stated area. I have a car, so local you may take the bus everywhere, and local is only within five miles. Right. You may have moved from a new place. Uh, and there's a pizza place that wants you to be welcome to the neighborhood. But you were always local, so you had a free pizza. So where's the low? So where did and we don't even know why person lived? To this person? I said to this person on their Facebook page, I said, how can I help you if I don't know where you live? And they wrote, oh, well, the people who live near me know where I live. We huh, that's what she wrote. The people who know where I live, you know, live near me, know where I live. Okay, but but I'm seeing it. I will tell you scary. There's there's a group I belong to which I've told you to join. It's the Chicken Palm Club of New Jersey or something, and people post pictures of the chicken palm and they recommend the best chicken palm in the area, and uh, you know where you can go, and it's it's it's like the pizza place, the pizza FanBook Facebook group that I'm part of, but it's for chicken palm. Sure you'd want to be part of that, wouldn't you? Always? Yeah? Yeah, So how can I get it on it? So somebody, well you have to just I'll send you the link. It's fine. So somebody, somebody put up the question. They said, what's the best pizza? What's the best chicken palm? Uh? In Morris County, New Jersey. All right, So you would expect someone to write the name of a place they recommend as the best chicken parm in Mars County. Give me names. So this guy wrote, not to sound rude, but go try them all there's a ton of great restaurants in Marris County that is not helpful in any way, right to which I replied, how is that helpful? A person asks you for a recommendation of the best chicken parm and you tell them go try all five thousand restaurants in Marris County? And what did they? Right back? They wrote, I was trying to be helpful. You weren't. You were the exact opposite of helpful. Yeah, go try every restaurant in the entire county, and let us know is a lot of good ones. Go try them all. Go try every Italian restaurant? And Diana, did people feel the need to even elicit or put a response out if they don't have a specific thing that hits home with them, Like, by the way, if I saw that post and I didn't know anything about Morris County and I or I didn't have an opinion, I wouldn't write anything. I wouldn't waste my time. Don't write anything. Why you wasting your your own brain power and your your time to to write something nonsensical that's not helpful? Right now? If you if you're asking me specifically about a place in Hoboken, that I know is near and dear to my heart. I'm gonna say it. I'm gonna say the best chicken palm is at this place you give because it it hits home with me, it hits a nerve. So I feel like I got to get out there. I want this person to experience the experience I had with this chicken palm? Right? Does that make me know? I've tried a lot of them. Try one. I enjoy every restaurant in Marris County. Morris County is the size of almost the size of like may, I guess it's the size of a city. Yeah, so so, so I was brought back to my childhood. We had Ralph Machio. Oh you heard Nicki minaj What what are you raised on?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I grew up on Nicki minaj.
Speaker 3: U.
Speaker 1: We're Ralph Macchio in the studio from the Cobra Kai and back in the day, the Karate Kid, the Outsiders and my cousin Vinnie, who was in all the So he ages in reverse. He is like the real life Benjamin Buttons. This dude. I look, he just ages slowly. He's not he looks great. He does look great. So so he came in and we're talking off air about how in nineteen eighty four, when The Karate Kid was released, if you go back to back in the day Karate Kid, mister Miyagi, you know, and all the you know, all the mayaghisms and stuff, and the Bonzai tree. Let me say paint defense. The paint Defense. I will tell you that that was an inspiration to me back then. And little known fact I'm just gonna let you know here because nobody on the morning show knew, but I took karate because of that fuck karate. Yeah, little Scary Jones, you're a large belt. It was. Do you know how many karate studios were opened during that in the mid eighties because of the Karate Kids series of films. Thing biggest thing karate was. Everyone wanted how to take karate. And now I know today it's not a big it was today. You know, it's like going to the dojo or I work. I do this here and karate is pretty commonplace. But it really wasn't as popular before that film came out as it became, and it was an explosion in the eighties. So I took karate. I got through my first I know, the first katta and the second kata. But you also know, welcome back kata, mister katzia, mister kattia. But I will, I don't. I never made it past the white belt. Man never made it man, Yeah, I mean the belt turned yellow from just stretching having a white belt for so long, it just turned yellow. Did your belt pe my belt? But no, I never made it past the white belt. It was I was not good in karate, and no, wasn't. I was not my thing. And back then you did you didn't get a participation trophy. Back then it was I suffered through karate for about a year year and I never got better. And rather today if it was was, if this was today, i'd be like an orange belt or a blue belt by now. If it was like a year, a year passed by because they want to show progress, I feel like that they're a lot easier on you. Back then it was the school of hard knocks. Did you ever get flipped? Yes? I did, but I took karate classes. Wasn't the greatest thing. I wasn't motive, I was. I don't know. I just felt like that the guy who sense was just a bit of an asshole. He never you know, he I never progressed because he never painted a fence, no wax. The call so having Ralph macho and unlocked all these memories from liked did did you tell him the story?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't get to go that far, but I just told him he was he inspired me to take karate because which is true? Which is true? You fanboyed a little bit, did you? I used that very I said, I'm fanboying ten year old Scury is fanboying right now because that's that was a thing. But man, then I thought about the awful times and how it just all came crumbling down for me. It really did. It ended in misery. I started detesting going there. I told my father would take me there and I'd be like, fuck this. I don't think you're gonna learn karate, Anthony. You're gonna protect yourself in this neighborhood. What dude? After a year of that misery, I said, Dad, I don't want to do this anymore. Fuck this because there was a year of misery, but you only went for like two weeks. But the sense was a douche, he really was. He never tried to make me and other kids were advancing. Oh congratulations, they have a ceremony. This person earns their orange belt. This person has moved up. This guy's a red belt, and everyone was moving through the system. And a year later, I still have my goddamn white belt. This guy's belt is turning color. You're a yellow belt by default. I'll tell you. I'm gonna tell you my karate story if I can sure. There's a strip mall about fifteen twenty minutes away from me that I pass often, and I see this giant sign a couple of years ago opening soon, Master sue. I'm like, great, another Chinese restaurants opening up. This fantastic and it turned out to be a karate place. I'm like, that's disappointing. I wanted a new takeout place to try, and the lettering, the font would all look like a Chinese restaurant. It's a karate place, And every time I passed it, I'm like, oh Chinese, damn it. I can't go by it and I think it's Chinese food. Yeah, damn it. Well, no, I never I never did you what did you? What did you play? Well, let me tell you about karaate. I'm not saying it's the same now, but back in the day, karate was for the kids that were hyperactive. The teachers and experts would tell you to tell you you should put him in karate. He's very physical, he needs to get his energy out. So the craziest wild kids would go to karate to get their their their anger, their their their their physical I guess you'd call it hyperactivity or ADHD now whatever. But back in the day, the kids that were like hyper and wild and rambunctious, they go, you should, you should, like they'd build on your little league team, but they'd be like jumping up and down and throwing things in the outfield. They couldn't focus right. They're like, oh, she put him in karate to focus him, said in the same kids. When these wild, rambunctious kids now did karate moves, she made them more dangerous and violent. There was the terrible worst thing to do. They're like, the kid used to punch the air, now has like they're building to punch your face out. Yeah that was karate and that's not like that now to my knowledge. But that's where they were like, you should have him do karate or like boxing or something, get his get his energy out. So no, not doing that did you play any sports that kill you played baseball, Yeah, I played baseball. I played football in uh you know, I tag football. But in high school we didn't have we didn't have sports in our high school. We didn't have real sports. But I always played baseball. I always played baseball and softball. I bowled. I was in bowling leagues most of my teen years. And uh, well, I'm pretty good. No, No, I know, I know you're good. You're a good bowler. No, you really are. And I am now a rising intermediate pick pick player. I play volleyball. I'm pretty good at badminton. I know my I know my way around a shuttle cock. If you know what I'm saying. You know I I don't really have any I I really you know. I played street basketball with my friends mm hmm, occasional softball. That was it. I mean I didn't join I didn't join the baseball leagues. I wasn't that kid because you were doing karate. I was doing karate, doing karate. I'm still gonna tell the story about dumb Girl, but I want to get your opinion on animals when we come back. That's okay, we're out of commercials. No, we're good, we're commercial free. Oh then, oh god, I want no. I should tell you about the stupid girl, and I'll do the animal conversation late. Let me tell about the now. I'm not saying, uh, everyone's like this or I expect more from everyone, and I'm sure everyone has a kid like this or whatever. But let me tell you what happened to me. I was at Target, I guess a week and a half ago because before last week's episode, and I parked next to a white car and I noticed, so I was on the right side of this car. I noticed that the right rear tire was flat, not low flat as I was getting out of my car. So I got back in my car. I got some paper and I left a note on the windshield that said, hey, your right rear tire is flat, don't drive on it. And I put it on the windshield wiper under the driver's wiper. Well, I come back, the note still there, the car is still there. I must have finished shopping before they did, or they work there, I don't know. So I get in my car. I'm checking my phone, I'm killing time, and as I'm pulling out, I hear the woman getting in her car. So I rolled down the window and I blow the horn. I get it, roll down the window and I say, listen, I'm the guy who put the note on your wiper blade. A what note? Now? She had already started the cars is going to back up. I said, you don't see the note. It's a piece of paper and you win, you'll wiper Oh I didn't see it. I said, you need air and your tire isn't that right?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: What do you think she should say? Scary when I tell her she needs air on a tire or tires flat? Thank you so much for letting me know. I'm gonna go to a gas station and I'm gonna fix it, right, She says, Oh, no, that's just the light on my dashboard. So I said, the light. Yeah, Like about how would I know about the light on your dashboard? Well, my dad says, the light's broken and my tires are fine. I said, but how would you know? Right? How would I know, David Brody that your light is one? You're not inside the car? Yeah, you're looking, you're you're are you making an observation right? And I'm talking about the fact your tire is actually flat? She said, Oh, it's just no no, my dad said, the light will go off. I said, no, no, the light is telling you the tire is flat. You get out of the car. Your tires floy You can't try it on the tire. Do you live in moron Ville? What city are you in? Haha? No, not gonna say which target. Ah. She says, well, he put air in my tire last night, so it's fine. Okay, So you're not listening to me. You have a bigger problem. The air is gone, your tire is flat, and I would have no way of knowing that your your dad put the the tire last night. I wasn't with you. I'm making an observation, right, So I said, how would I know about your dad putting air in the tire? I said, the tire's flat. She's oh, I don't know. I said, Look, I have the girl. The girl is a teenager. She had to be like nineteen twenty years old. Obviously twenties on a teenager, but she's around that age. I said, look, I have a portable air compressor that you know I got on Amazon. You in. It's battery operated or you can plug it into the cigaret ladder. So it's cordless because I charged the batter. I said, look, I have a portable air compressor joint to put air on your tire. She says sure. I said, okay, how many PSID does your tire hold? I don't know what's ps she says to me, Come on, Broye. At this point, you really think she knows your PSI. She doesn't know her ass from her elbow. Okay, So I said, it means pounds per square inch. So she says, I don't know what does thirty seven sound right? I said, I don't know what would sound right either. It's that's the right number, it's not. I don't know how much your tires take. I said, look, the number's on the tire. Can you can you bend down and look on the tire. Where on the tire? I said, you see the lettering going around the tire. That's where it's written on the outside of the tire. So she's looking down and see it. So I get down and I look. She got really cheap tire scare. I've never heard of this brand. I never heard of it. It didn't have the PSI on the tire. I said, you know what, I opened my car door. I didn't know my car. I said, check your door jam again. I think I was talking to an adult. Check your doorjam. And there's a sticker that tells you the PSI. What's a doorjam? So I opened my car door. I said, see that sticker, that's your doorjam. Go on your car and look and tell me the PSI. So she goes. She goes, it's his thirty nine PSI. Okay, great, come over here, I said you. I said, I'm going to set the compressor to thirty nine PSI. And I attached it to a tire and I said, your tire has fourteen PSI. That means it's basically flat. It's flat. I said, you really should get a portable air compressor for your car. She says, well, my dad has one at home. I said, what good is it doing at home. Your tire is flat. It should be in your trunk at all times. I said, I said, is this your car? She says, no, it's a lease. Well I said, no it is. I go, great, but is it your car? She can't be that stupid. I'm scary. This is the conversation. So it's just well, it's my it's not really my car, but I drive it. But we haven't paid off the lease yet. I go, honey, I didn't say, how I go. You realize when you pay off the lease, it's their car again, right, don't own the car. It's your car for now, right, it's hey, it's my Verizon router for now. You're right now fifteen. But I'm gonna give that shit back that twenty twenty technology. So I said, you should get one of these compressors. They're on Amazon at like thirty five dollars. She said, to keep in my car? No, to keep it? I said no, So I swear to God I said this. I said, no to keep in your shower. And she says, huh, why would I keep it in my shower? Exactly? Why wouldn't you keep it in your car? Oh, I guess that makes the most sense. So she's so, she's looking at the tire, and I said, don't worry, it'll shut off by itself. And so thirty seconds later she says to me, when will it turn off? I said, I just told you it shuts off by its side. I just told you that. So she says, I said, you had to check your tire pressure on your dashboard, like you youne had it probably comes up. If you set your menu, you'll tell you how many PSI are in your tire, and if it's not thirty nine, if it's thirty eight, you're fine, but if it's like twenty, you shouldn't drive on it. She says, Oh, my dad does that for me. I said, how can your dad do that for you? If you're here at Target, you should know, Oh, your car? How long has this been your car? A year and a half? Forget it? I said, Okay, I said, you should know how to check your gauges because you're in the car alone. She said, well, I just call them. I said, but you know, but this story mirrors so many people listening right now. It really does. There's a lot of people that don't look at me. I know, I don't know shit about cars. I just pressed the freaking button and said, hey, but you don't row my father, right, Okay? So I said, you know, you can also look at the owner's manual for any of this information. Where is that it's all? Where is that? I go, It's in your glove compartment. I made it. I made her check okay, okay, okay, it was there right yeah? So I said, look, I said, she wasn't in her bedroom. She had to make a bonhead move take it out of the car. So I fill up the tire with air and she goes, all right, I said, you're gonna go get this fixture. Well, I got to do a little more shopping and then I'll drive home later. I said, you need to get this fixed by a flat fixed place. So she says, oh, like the place by the movie theater. I said, I don't know what movie theater you're talking about, so I really can't answer your question about if there's a place next to a movie theater that fixes flats. I don't know what movie theater you talk You get involved ocause I was trying to be helpful. She says, you know, just the movie theater in my town. I gotta go. I don't know what town you live in, So I said, look, it's a it's a. I said, look, it's a good thing I stopped you. If you had driven on that tire with the what you would with the tire flat like that, the rim would have cut into the tire and ruined it. She says, oh, then I would have had to get like a whole new tire. I said, no, exactly, like a whole new tire. That's what ruined means, it would have been ruined. She says, how much are new tires? I said, you need to know these things, they're all different prices. Well, my dad does it for me. I said, Oh, I totally got that impression. I got that impression. You have a good day, I said, but you should probably get home because if your dad put air in the tire and it's flat today, you're losing it quickly. You can't tell you have more patience than I do. Man, I would never probably. It was only like five minutes of conversation. It wasn't like I was there for an hour. I mean, she's, oh, no, no, I don't know. I don't have a flat tire. That's the light on my dashboard. What the fuck? How would I know that? The dumbest I don't. I don't know. You'll lose it over this. Okay, you're right there, Okay, I'm not no, I'm not okay, catch your breath. I'm not catch your breath, Brodie. It's feel like I've been playing pick a ball for two hours. All right, my dad does that for me. How do you you have gas in the car? I don't know. My dad puts gas in the car. Oh Boys, Boys,