Speaker 1: Second date, up date. Most people will tell you you can't force true love to happen. Everyone should tell you, but maybe you can trick love into existence, what you know, put your hands on love a little bit, mold it a certain way, considering love. Brooke did it when she threw herself in front of her husband's car when he was trying to leave his work at the TV station. Oh yeah, and then she was like, well, I could sue you, or you could take me out to dinner.
Speaker 2: You could forever find that guy that's uninsured. I'm scared of lawsuits.
Speaker 1: And Brook's not the only person who's tried to meddle her way into someone's heart. One of our listeners, Kendra, says that she ran some interference to get herself a date with a guy. But she says, if we can get him to answer, because you know, sometimes people won't, but if he does, we are not allowed to tell him the real background story. She is willing to tell us, though, So let's welcome Kendra to the show. Kendra, how you doing, I'm great?
Speaker 3: How are you guys?
Speaker 2: Give us some new ideas? I know, I feel like you have some maniacal plan.
Speaker 1: That you had. Yeah, so can we learn the name of the guy?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I mean his name is Jacoby Jacoby.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Okay, how soon into meeting Jacoby, did you know like I need to know this guy, he needs to be with me.
Speaker 3: It was instant. I was shopping at Target and there was this park when I saw him, so I casually sort of followed him through the stores he was shopping, and he just street and I feel like you weren't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if for some reason I see you slipping from.
Speaker 1: I picture like giggling coming from behind the.
Speaker 2: Hiding in the middle of a clothes rack.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then I was fine him on. I went to check out and I was able to justly see his credit card when he put it into the machine, and I saw his name.
Speaker 2: Oh say number.
Speaker 3: No, I saw his name and he didn't see me, and he left the store.
Speaker 1: And wait, you didn't say hi to him?
Speaker 3: No, I was just memorized his name.
Speaker 4: Oh well, Jacoby said, Jacoby's probably amazing even I remembered it, said.
Speaker 1: What do you do with his name?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 3: Well, I went to social media.
Speaker 2: Obviously you can find someone just by Wow.
Speaker 1: I love how you act like you've never tried to look someone up on social media before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but someone that have already met, not someone I've never talked. If you know what they look like and you see the profile pick too.
Speaker 1: Were you able to find him, Kendra? Yes, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: God, you have a private detector in this in your future.
Speaker 1: You were able to like learn anything about him from it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well I was able to determined from the social media that he was single.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay. How do you end up like actually getting in contact with the guy. When does that happen?
Speaker 3: Well? I didn't actually reach out to him right then, but I did find his mom's Facebook.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, you're deep in this?
Speaker 6: That a hotter brother?
Speaker 1: Why would you?
Speaker 3: Well, it just seemed like it would be more natural if there was a different way that I was introduced.
Speaker 2: Huh, dude, you're gonna DM his mom.
Speaker 3: Well, it turns out that his mom is in a book club that's in my area.
Speaker 6: Okay, so okay, and I love to read, So I sent a request to the book club to see if I could join.
Speaker 4: Goodness, it's just you and a bunch of sixty year old women and among club.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I went to the book club up and we started up a conversation.
Speaker 2: And organically obviously, well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she was really nice and she thought I was really sweet and charming. So you know, I just happened to mention that I was single, and you know, there are no good single guys out there.
Speaker 4: And you know, that's the literally the opening for any mom to then introduce the guy.
Speaker 1: Which reminds me, Barbara, do you have any children? Yeah, the bait's been cast. So what did what did the mom say?
Speaker 3: Well, she asked me for my phone number that you could pass on to him.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it's such a mom thing.
Speaker 4: Dude, if you found this out, if you found out a woman with this far to meet.
Speaker 2: You, would you be complimented or creeped out?
Speaker 1: This is the type of thing you don't actually tell them until you're into your like twentieth anniversary. Yeah. So now you've given your phone number to this guy's mom, and does he reach out to you? I'm guessing Yeah.
Speaker 3: A couple of days later, I got a he.
Speaker 1: Must have a good relationship with his mom.
Speaker 2: Then his mom had a picture of her from Facebook, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So were you able to get a date out of it?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 4: He did that?
Speaker 3: He asked me on a date, so it worked.
Speaker 1: Give us a nutshell of how the date went.
Speaker 3: It was a real casual date. We went and had coffee and you know, I made sure it was cute. We actually started talking about our respective dating histories, and.
Speaker 2: That's a lot over coffee.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean we were talking about specifics, you know. Just he said he's been in love with two people in his life.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, what did you say to his two loves?
Speaker 3: I told him the truth. I don't think I've ever been in love.
Speaker 4: Oh I feel like that would be a good answer it men take it as a challenge, wouldn't.
Speaker 2: You tried me?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: At no point during this coffee date did it ever come up like the real way that you met him?
Speaker 3: No, no, it did not.
Speaker 1: All right, so how did it day?
Speaker 3: And oh it was just very natural, normal feeling date. And it gave me a nice, thick hug.
Speaker 2: Have you see his mom at book club?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's kind of alienating me farther away.
Speaker 1: Mean, for sh talk, nothing's worse than book club drama. Yikes. Okay, Well, according to your email, that date happened about a week ago. So we're going to come back and try and call Jacoby here for you. And remember, we can't tell him anything about how she actually got this to happen, so we just talk about the date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's fine. I think that that's fine.
Speaker 1: We're just going to talk about his two true loves when we come back and get your second date update.
Speaker 2: We got enough to come.
Speaker 1: I'll do it right after this. Hold on second date update. This is one of the most interesting dating stories that we've heard in a while about how someone gets together. And just try to follow me on this. So girl sees cute guy at Target, follows him to the register, sees his name on his credit card, takes it home, and finds his social media determines he's single. Each step is a little This is where it takes a turn. Connects with his mom, joins her local book club, befriends her, and casually mentions that she can't find any good single men anywhere these days.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 4: It does kind of read like the start of a horror film, single white female.
Speaker 1: Thing, But the next thing you know, she's on a date with target boy himself, an in depth discussion about true love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's wild because now not only is he not calling her back, but his mother is also avoiding her at the book clubs.
Speaker 1: Something happened. It's crazy, and we have to take all of that information and put it to the side, forget it. We can not talk about any of it. Kendra has specifically asked not to bring it up. If we're able to get Jacoby on the.
Speaker 4: Phone, there's some good stuff to talk about still, though, you know, Kendra, are you worried that he's somehow found out everything that Jeffrey just said?
Speaker 3: No, no, there's just no no, no.
Speaker 1: I guess she's hiding underneath his desk at work, right. He hasn't mentioned it once, so he has no idea. Let's give him a call, though, and hopefully we'll get a reason or see if there is a reason why he's not calling you back for date number two. But here we go. I'm dialing his number right now. He Hello, Hey, is this Jacoby?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Didn't Hey Jacoby? We found Yeah, we're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Okay, Hello, We're really excited to talk to you. Man.
Speaker 2: Oh man, you don't even.
Speaker 7: Know all right, I'm not I'm not too familiar with the show radio station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's okay. Sorry, we're we're doing something called the second Date Update, and one of our listeners has asked us to reach out to you to try and figure out if we can get you on a second date with her, because you've already gone out with her once. Her name's Kendra.
Speaker 7: Ken Kendra. Yeah, I know Kendra.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, you guys went to coffee together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've kind of set you guys up.
Speaker 7: It is weird. How do you guys know all this question?
Speaker 1: Well, she told us about it, at least a little bit of it, not like every single detail, but she said that you.
Speaker 2: She met your mom at their book club.
Speaker 7: This is true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she said there was a really nice coffee date. You had a nice conversation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were.
Speaker 7: It was a nice time. But okay, well I'm sorry, where is this going?
Speaker 1: Like we're trying to help her figure out, like why a second date hasn't happened, Like, how do you feel about Kendra?
Speaker 5: She's cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you have a plan to call her and ask her out again?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 7: This is very awkward.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 7: That It's okay, Okay, hold on, hold on, It's not bad, guys. It's not like it's not a bad thing. It's just I don't see it long term.
Speaker 2: How can you tell in one coffee day? I mean it feels like you would need more than that.
Speaker 1: Well made you say that?
Speaker 7: So she is not really big on love. She actually told me she's never been in love before at all, like ever.
Speaker 4: Okay, it doesn't mean she's not big on love. It just means that she's never been in the right relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that how she said it?
Speaker 6: She said I don't like love.
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, no, she didn't say she don't like it. She says she's never been in love ever, like in her life.
Speaker 1: Well, not everybody has understood understood.
Speaker 7: But here's my mindset. I want to set her down. I want one person to be committed to like that, like my person. And it does concern me, and it does worry me that maybe the reason why she hasn't found love is that maybe she doesn't want it at all, like it's not wanted, and maybe she's still probably playing in the field. I'm not sure, but it does.
Speaker 8: It does raise my eyebrow.
Speaker 7: It does raise it.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to say, like you didn't want to be your first love because first love is so chaotic and rash and.
Speaker 2: That's true, you know.
Speaker 1: So okay, well this so now you're not even willing to give her a second date. That's where your stance is on her.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure she's ready for a commitment.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 1: You, not upset you whoa, whoa, whoa whoa hold on, hey, sorry to uh kind of spring this on you here, Jacobe. But Kenja has been listening to this conversation on the other line quietly the other times. Well, no, which I gotta unlike her.
Speaker 6: So I cannot even believe this.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're questioning my commitment and you don't even know what I went through to meet you.
Speaker 6: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: You mean?
Speaker 6: I saw you in Target?
Speaker 3: There was something special about you. I mean the way.
Speaker 6: You put your stuff in the cards, and you were special when.
Speaker 7: You meet No, no, no, no, no you you must have had it mistaken, like you met my mom at a book club. You didn't meet me at Target.
Speaker 3: That was not an accident.
Speaker 8: I I followed you to the register, and I saw your name on your credit cards, and I went to social media.
Speaker 7: And wait wait wait, whoa, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: Just Kobe, you're gonna listen to me? And I found your mom. And I found out that she was in a book club right around the corner from my house, so I asked it joined the book club.
Speaker 5: But that process and I went to the foot clubs and I met your darling mother and wait, dadding and she no, I'm not gonna wait.
Speaker 4: Listen, okay, process.
Speaker 6: Mother, do you know how many recipes that woman has for chickens? And I said, so happens, I'm single? She said, oh, you're and charming.
Speaker 3: I have I have a single.
Speaker 7: Fun No, no, no, I'm done. I'm not. I'm not listening to anymore of this. I don't need to hear any more of this.
Speaker 1: So is this is this the kind of stable woman that you've been looking for? You at this entire time?
Speaker 7: You know what I'm gonna I'm gonna committed.
Speaker 2: I know, were maybe a little right. We had no idea that that was going to happen.
Speaker 5: Shut up, you knew exactly what was going to happen.
Speaker 1: You told us not to mention.
Speaker 3: You knew.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, this is okay.
Speaker 7: I don't I don't know what crazy we call that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jo, I think you're being a little bit too harsh on the woman that just realized that she loves you. Oh God, you shadowed her cold, cold heart, and after years of not finding any love, she finally found it.
Speaker 8: Sarcastic, don't you know I had to look to find all of your stuff, Jacoby?
Speaker 1: You know, Kendra, I think you you've proven your commitment. I think he gets the point. Why don't you take a breath for a second and just let us talk to Jacoby a little bit.
Speaker 6: But I tell you what, Honey, your oil needs to be changed.
Speaker 5: That snick is passed.
Speaker 4: I think it's an analogy, but I'm s no, it's right on his car window.
Speaker 3: What is going on?
Speaker 2: We don't know anymore, Jacoby, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 6: I regret supporting this at the beginning.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, like no, no, if anything, I feel like I've dodged a bullet, and the.
Speaker 1: Only Kobe this bullet isn't able to be dodged. Even though it's not Valentine's Day, it's going straight for the heart.
Speaker 2: There's normally bullets on Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: Want to upgrade and get with the time on you.
Speaker 2: I'm concerned.
Speaker 1: I just need to ask Jacoby if you would like to see Kendrick one more time?
Speaker 2: You couldn't even say that with a straight face, whether you say yes or no.
Speaker 1: She would love to hang out again and unpack all of this information face to face, and we would pay for that meet up.
Speaker 8: You guys give like gift cars for straining orders. I'll do that that I.
Speaker 1: Would do.
Speaker 2: Department should look.
Speaker 1: I think we do have a gift car to the subway across from the courthouse, so that would get you pretty close if you meet Kendra there. No, I mean answer, oh answered.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not I'm not doing this.
Speaker 1: I'm not hang up and yeah, I did not see that coming. Okay, if love doesn't work after this, then I don't know how it.
Speaker 4: Ever, if you need the audio for your case, just go to our podcast.
Speaker 1: When y'all could just.
Speaker 3: Drop the sarcasm and your podcast stuck.
Speaker 1: She has a point, so she is committed to that, to hating our podcast. So I stand by here brooking Jeffrey in the morning. I mean, that call did not go quite how we want to.
Speaker 2: This is like the second time in a couple of weeks that I feel bad.
Speaker 1: You feel bad about helping people.
Speaker 2: The other person. I'm like, we had no idea what we're dealing there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say we did hold up our end of the agreement, though we didn't tell him the truth of how they met. She offered that up all by herself. I know.
Speaker 2: I like, how.
Speaker 1: Rude to him that I am committed.
Speaker 2: I started with what if he knows? And she's like, there's no way he could ever find out? Yeah, okay, terrible secret keeper.
Speaker 1: I felt like another ten seconds, Jose would have been the one to let it slide, but nope, we stayed strong. You did it and you can't end this on us. And for that, I'm giving everybody in the room a gold star for the day and for the record, I said it under my breath like a million times.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But if you ever want to get a second day update, I promise you we can do a better job than this.
Speaker 2: I just want to go to that book club with the mom. Didn't hear all the ladies gossip about what just happened.
Speaker 1: You're already part of a book club. I know another email the show. If you ever need help though with your dating life, We'll call that person who's not calling you back and check out all of our second dates on our podcast at Brook and Jeffrey wherever you get yours
Speaker 2: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning,