Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, everybody, It's Tuesday, February twenty fifth, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. We're hoping not to be cap casualties to me and your man MG Marcus Grand joined by Michael Florio and Lakwan Jones. Uh, Lakwan, you have successfully made another trip to and from New Orleans. What was the best thing you ate in your trips there?
Speaker 2: Best thing I ate? I think I've said it before. It was at the Vessel Nola, But I did have a Beigne at the hotel at the Marriotte in the morning and I saw other people eating them. I didn't know you can have it for breakfast and it was really good. It was one of the best ones I had.
Speaker 1: That's the only time I've ever had them. Do people eat them at other times of day.
Speaker 2: I've had some for dinner, I have some for lunch. Like I was just eating Beigne's, like I was just rating them in my hotel at the marriot've had the best one.
Speaker 1: I guess it's because every Beigne experience I've had has been slightly hungover at Cafe b One with the dark extra strong coffee and a whole bunch of powdered sugar on my shirt. It's always gone down for me.
Speaker 2: I do appreciate the one spot that was on Bourbon I mean a dollar fifty beers, man, I mean that that was an amazing spot there and had some bignets on the side.
Speaker 1: So shout out to them. I forget their name, but shout out to them. That is both great and terrible all at the same time. Yeah, and I'll say this, man like, I mean, here's a thing, whether it's a bignet, whether it's funnel kick, whether it's a truro fried dough with sugar on it is never bad. So simple to make too, so simple fried dough and puts some sugar on it, and you gotta winner. We got a lot to talk about. What we're going to talk to matt Ocata. He wrote an article on NFL dot com about some cut candidates have some interesting names in there, so we will get his thoughts on that. We'll also dive into the combine, which starts a little bit later on this week. Just some overall overarching thoughts on what we expect to see, who we might be interested in watching that sort of thing. But we do have some news you want to jump into. This didn't make the rundown, But Floria, I'm want to ask you this because the Bills have signed Khalil Shakiro to an extension year.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: The applause tells me what I need to know. But your thoughts generally on Khalil Shakier sticking around in Western New York.
Speaker 4: As someone who loved I was into Shakira even before, like the year he got drafted. I remember being like, I think this guy is just kind of going under the radar right now, a really good slot guy. But then watching his progressions year to year and having him on a bunch of fantasy teams last year, it was really awesome to see him become the go to guy for Josh Allen. I think he is one of the better slot receivers arguably has the best hands in the NFL, and everything that I'm seeing is like the expectation was that he was going to cost even more so if the Bills got him on a team friendly deal. James Cook posted that like a picture of them two would just the hourglass, which tells me that, like that's probably coming soon, and this is what I wanted. I wanted the Bills to sign a bunch of their players resign Josh Allen, give him an extension, because you could save a bunch of cap now this year and really load up and make a run because you were so close last year, and you did it in a retooling year. Just get some more pieces, and they're so close. Eventually, one of these years they're going to kick the door down, and they just got to keep taking their shots.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But anyway, they're trying to keep the band back together, which is certainly a good thing.
Speaker 2: That's super good man. Shout out Kalusha Heir. He was one of my favorite three slat wide receivers. It was Cooper Cup, Christian Kirk and then Kalusha Heir throughout the year. So happy he got paid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And apparently what we learned a couple of weeks ago on the show that I was apparently low man on Klusha here. I was like, oh yeah, I thought he'd be okay, and the youuys were both like, no, man, I thought you would crush. I was like, okay, Well, I guess I'm the idiot. So I'm so there peak behind the curtain here, I'll yeah, right before we're about to start the show. I'm sitting here my little works, I just chilling, haven't quite logged in the stream yard yet. I'm just doing my daily duo lingle, Spanish lessons and everything nice. And I get a text in the text chain from Michael Floria and it says, blow up the rundown. Gronk's coming back, And my response was coming back to do what? So I you know, I quickly went to the Google machine and checked, and there are reports that Rob Gronkowski is apparently eyeing an NFL return with the Denver Broncos. In the mix, we're all shaking our heads, I sold Aquium. I'll ask you that is this a real thing? Is this a serious thing? Or is this just idle chatter in February.
Speaker 2: Listen, I feel like the things that Gronk wants to do he's going to do. He's been very serious and adamant of doing wrestling, and then he appeared on a Monday night raw thing and I'm just like, Okay, that's a thing. And I remember him saying that he didn't want to play for a team without Tom Brady being his quarterback. But this just seems weird, like it's so random, So maybe he's dead series about coming back. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. This just feels like a thing where it's like it's somebody overheard a conversation that may have happened, and then it's sort of kind of taken on a life of its own. I mean, part of the logic was that, at least for Denver, was that Gronk and Sean Payton worked together at Fox and they got along well, and Gronk said he'd like to play for him. And I'm just like, is he really saying I'd like to play for Sean Pater or is it like I would have loved to play for Sean Payton? Like we got along so great it it would have been fun. I mean, I don't know. I'm not buying it. But Florida, let's just say for the sake of argument, that this is a thing that actually happens. One. Rob Gronkowski has not played professional football since twenty twenty one. Yeah, even then, they sort of had to Brady sort of had to coax him out of retirement the first time to come down to Tampa Bay. And as Lakwan mentioned, Gronk has never played without tom Brady. Can he succeed without tom Brady? And is Denver the place for him to do that?
Speaker 4: Could he have succeeded with tom Brady in his prime? He could have succeeded anywhere, because he is arguably the most physical, dominating tight end that at least that I've ever seen. Like you could argue Travis Kelsey's the goat, but like physically, like, okay, good luck stopping this dude. When Gronk was at his peak, I don't think anyone was higher in that regard than he was. But he's not that player anymore. Like you said, he hasn't played since twenty twenty one, He's going to be thirty six years old.
Speaker 1: He has so.
Speaker 4: Many injuries and wear and tear on those tires. Denver could be the place where he has success coming back in this sense of like, hey, he played the full year, we had some design packages for him, something along those lines, I don't think he could be anything more than like a contributor who who plays here and there? To me, this feels like, uh, like Gronk wants to keep his name in the news cycle right now, he generate some hype. Maybe that USAA money is starting to run out.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but like, no, I don't know.
Speaker 4: If Gronk comes back, it's it's more of a spectacle I would feel like than something to get excited football wise.
Speaker 2: Maybe they overheard him say tight end coach, maybe some type of like mentorship of the tight ends. Like I can't physically see I don't know if I want him coaching what it's just a title. At that point, you just be in a building kicking with Sean Payon, just talking about his times and playing with Tom Braid to the tight ends and like, hey, you should do this because we haven't really seen a successful tight end in Denver in a while. I mean, Albert oh was a guy I can't pronounce his last name, and the other guy.
Speaker 1: Uh Akoya Bunham. No, Like trust me, I spent all off season learning to say the name Akoya Bunham because I thought it was going to happen and it it didn't.
Speaker 2: See, they need help at that position, so maybe he can come in drop some seeds, I listen.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just don't physically see him playing football anymore.
Speaker 4: Like is he is he better than Greg Doulchic At this point, I would say.
Speaker 2: No, he's still on the team. I mean, geez, I mean, what's the Fisherman guy that I'm a trout guy, Like, guy, don't troutman Troutman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go. I'm trying to be like, I don't have the have the Broncos had a quality tight end since Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 4: I mean Julius Thomas.
Speaker 1: Julius Thomas. All right, that's fair, but that was like one year. Yeah, I don't know. I just I'm not I'm not buying into this. And even if for whatever reason it happens, I'm not drafting Gronk if somebody else wants to do that, you know, just feels like it feels a little bit well, no, it's not the same. I was gonna say, like Josh Gordon, but there's not this Like I think people were kind of like, I don't think anybody's buying into this. Like every time Josh Gordon's name came up, like people got excited. I'm like, we don't have to do this to ourselves.
Speaker 4: If Josh Gordon or Martevius Brian suned a contract this somewhere, I would Brian, don't do the series those two every year.
Speaker 1: You deserve better than this, Michael Florida, you deserve better.
Speaker 4: I went all in on my Tavi's Bryant one year, and he didn't even make it past camp because like he got in trouble off the fielder, and I was like, yeah, that's when I'm done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know, I don't know. This feels like a weird February story that's not really gonna have legs. Meanwhile, a February story that very much seems to have legs is in Los Angeles, where the Rams have granted Matthew Stafford permission to talk to other teams. Uh. This is after allowing Cooper Cup to seek a trade as well. So while the Bills are keeping the band back together, the Rams might be off doing little solo projects off on other sides. When you saw this on the rundown, Lakwan, you said you were triggering. Second, I will ask Florio this question, and instead, besides Los Angeles and playing for Sean McVay, do you see another place that be a great fit for Matthew Stafford. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think the Vikings would be a really good fit for him because it's a koc similar offense is what Sean McVay runs. You get Justin Jefferson there, who I think would win the triple crown. With Matthew Stafford, you have TJ. Howkinson and Jordan Addison, and we just saw that offense elevate Sam Darnold to be what he was this past year, so I can only imagine what it would elevate Matthew Stafford to be at this point of his career. But as a Met fan, this really reminds me of Pete Alonso this offseason in the sense of like the Mets were like, you go out and you figure out what your market is and what the rest of the league values you at, and then come back to us and we'll discuss, and the whole process felt like these two are going to find a way to work it out. They just the Rams want to or the Mets in that instance, want to get it for the best price possible. The player wants to make as much money as possible, so you you give time for them to explore the market and see what they could get out there, and then the team ultimately has to decide if they want to pay that or not. But I don't think Matthew Stafford's going to get like sixty million dollars and I think he's worth more than he's getting now. So this just feels like a finding a happy medium that both sides are pleased with. And just like with Pete, until Stafford is playing somewhere else, I'm going to continue to think that he ends up back in La.
Speaker 1: Let's go basically just a hey, look, I know, like the relationships at a weird spot. Why don't you go out and see some other people and you know, we'll see see your value, see what it's like out there. Right, you don't want to be out there. Out here is different than the last time you were out here. Just and go through that whole. You know, these are children of Rihanna, born in the fires of chaos.
Speaker 2: Because he wants like upward of fifty, Like don't I don't see that happening, Like how could that possibly happen? Then if you want fifty elsewhere or sixty and you're thirty seven years.
Speaker 1: Old, yeah, I mean, look, it's one it's good to want things, But two, I think he looks at it as look for what I bring to this organization and where this team is at and what their goals are right now in the short term, I think He says, I'm worth fifty million dollars for what you were trying to.
Speaker 3: Accomplish, which I agree.
Speaker 1: Because as we talked about, what are you gonna do let Jimmy g play quarterback? No, rightly, that's that's the thing, because you're not in position to draft one of the top guys this year. You're not gonna let Jimmy Garoppolo, you know, handle the rains. But you are in a window where you were still very competitive, right I mean we saw that last year in the playoffs. This team is very competitive. They're not far away from an NFC championship game. They're not far away from you know, they're look, say what you want about Bill Plaski of the La Times, you know, can be a little bit over the top. He wrote a column the other day about Matthew Stafford, and he started by saying the Rams were thirteen yards away from winning a Super Bowl. His argument being, you know, if they get the win over the Eagles, they beat the they beat the Commanders, and he thinks they beat the Chiefs. Like, okay, that's let's pull it back a little bit. But I see where you're going with this. I did that one, all right, well, hopefully you and Plashkia can figure out some sort of profit sharing for that. So we'll see, We'll see what happens with this. We'll see whether or not, you know, Stafford finds a trade that is suitable, whether or not the Rams figure out how much they want to pay him, with the two sides come to an agreement. But I think Florio your approach is best. We consider him a Ram until further notice, skip this dynamic. Do you guys care about the dynamic? Kickoff and these tweaks coming great?
Speaker 3: What more can they do?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know. I mean I put it in here because I know, Lakwan, you spent a lot of time last offseason sort of studying this and trying to figure out and it ended up, you know, not that it was your fault. It ended up not making a difference in fantasy because we just didn't see a lot of kickoff for terms.
Speaker 2: Like I literally think teams stopped Karen after like week two or like it was the preseason, like it was like all exciting, and then after week two we're like, yeah, we don't care about this, We're not trying to get cute. Just kick the ball let's let's get on the twenty twenty five and let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to think like that, did we have We had one, two, three, four, five, six seven kickoff return touchdowns all season long, so not enough, you know, Yeah? Right, So anyway, they're they're tweaking it. Okay, anyway, let's move on the Packers. Apparently I've had enough of the tush push. They've had enough. It started as Judy Batista originally reporting that an unnamed team proposed banning the tush push. And because the Internet works quickly and you cannot hide from the Internet, we found out in short order that that unnamed team was the Green Bay Packers. We can go round and round on the merits of the tush push and if it should be banned, and blah blah blah blah blah, and chances are this is just again idle chatter. This just a proposal in February that's probably not going to go anywhere. But lakwan, let's let's game this thing out right. Let's say the Packers get the entire state of Wisconsin to rises one behind them, and they start a popular movement across the lower forty eight states. That suggest the Toush push is evil and is destroying the National Football League. How much this has hurt Jalen hurts this fantasy value. If it goes away, I think it hurts.
Speaker 2: It will be very noticeable impact if they take away the Toush push. But I see why people want to take away to Toush push. Like, I don't think it's a Jalen Hurts thing, because we've obviously seen you know, Josh Allendo with the snowplow. We've seen the Ravens do it, you know, when Mark Andrews and you know, etcetera, etcetera. Like it's just that it's too good and they can't stop it. So I see why they complaining. But there's also the dark side of it. If where in the Super Bowl we saw Chris Jones get hurt, you know, he put his body sideways towards it and he ended up hurting his neck, tweaking his neck. But there's both sides of it that, you know, you could see why they're mad at it. But then it's like, all right, if players are starting to get hurt from it and then take it away, it's no no.
Speaker 4: My attitude then is like, okay, well then there there's only one Jalen hurts, right, and it's unstopped because like other teams do it and have success with it, but not to this level.
Speaker 1: So like ask the Bills. Ask the Bills who got stuffed? Done it a couple of times?
Speaker 4: That'd be like if the NBA was like, well, there's only one Wemby, so seven footers can't shoot threes, and there's only one Otani, so no one who hits could also pitch, like like stop, I don't know. My thing is like stop trying whenever there's something can't. I can't stop this, so let's make it illegal. Like it's it's soft and I hate it. I I can't tell you how annoying I find this. Like it's just being it's being babies. That's what you're being right now, Green Bay. You don't even have a quarterback who could run it. You didn't lose to the Eagles. You're just being babies.
Speaker 1: It does feel very much like it feels like this tush push is a moment in time right like the Eagles. The Eagles have unlocked a magic code for now, and it's an unstoppable play for now. But Jalen Hurts is not always going to be the quarterback. He's not always going to be the guy that he currently is, and at some point we're gonna go back to regular quarterback sneaks that are a little bit more stoppable. It's just that for the time being, the Eagles have found something that is damn near unstoppable. And so it does feel like a little bit of an overreaction to say, we can't you know, we can't have this play in anymore because we had how many years of the NFL before the Swish push, we hopefully will have how many years of the NFL after the Toush push.
Speaker 4: How Brady was unstoppable on QB sneaks? Like never once was anyone like should we outlaw that?
Speaker 1: Nobody banned that, though. I think after a while fans just wanted to ban Tom Brady because we were just t Yeah, look, that's a different story altogether for sure. Uh. Look, I don't think this is gonna happen. I think this is a proposal that I put out there. The Internet got a hold of it, so and everybody gets the point and laugh at the packers for a couple of months. Right in the end, we'll still have the tush push next season, but for whatever reason, it did go away. I do think Jalen Hurts takes a really really big hit. I mean, yeah, he's had double digit.
Speaker 4: He probably slides out of the elite.
Speaker 1: Double digit rushing touchdowns in four straight years. You know, I'm sure someone out there has done the research in the charity to let us know how many of these touchdowns have come on the tush push. I would say the vast majority of them probably, so yeah, yeah, no, I think I think he takes a huge hit if this were to happen. I don't think it's going to happen, So I don't think you have to worry about it.
Speaker 2: Don'tkno, get till you try it. I don't think the Packers tried it yet. I mean I wouldn't mind Jordan Love getting some tush push.
Speaker 1: The love shove, the love shove.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I think we just think of push names for every every single team. Yeah yeah, you know the Niners, can you know, get dirty Purty or something like that. I don't know, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: So I pulled up Hurts his rushing touchdowns real quick. He has how many is a fifty five I think thirty two of them are from one yard, and that's absurd, that's right.
Speaker 1: So that's that's more than half. And presumably those thirty two I would guess.
Speaker 4: All but fifteen our three yards are closer.
Speaker 1: Right, and so like I of those from two or two yards or ere one yard and in I would guess probably about ninety five percent of the probably pushes. That's just I mean, that's just me guessing, without without every having to research anything. I don't know. So all right, take a quick break, way to come back. We'll be joined by Matt o'catta. We'll talk about some cut candidates. Could the Chiefs say goodbye to Travis kelcey without him retiring. We'll find that out and much more. Stick around for more the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. So free agency is right around the corner. We will actually start talking about free agency in earnest in maybe aout a week or so, maybe litle bit less. I don't know. I don't have my content calendar in front of me, don't for ask me. Anyway, we are going to start talking about positions and salary caps and all the moves that we think should happen for our own selfish fantasy football purposes. But in the meantime, we are at a point where teams are starting to look at making cuts. Maybe they're not happening yet, but there are some candidates who are starting to emerge as potential sort of cap casualties way to open up some salary. And along those lines, there was an article at NFL dot com that you can find written by our pal Matt o'cotta about some potential cap casualties we could see coming up this spring and probably more likely for some guys after June first. I know that is a prominent time to let guys go for salary cap reason, so we figured, hey, why not bring our pal Matt on to come and talk about it a little bit. Matt Ocada, appreciate you stopping by, man, been a while. How you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm doing great, Happy to be here. Always am good to see you all. I hope you're all doing well.
Speaker 1: Likewise, Yeah, we're good. You know, Lakwan's we.
Speaker 3: Did everybody survive a Chiefs Eagle Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, it went as well as it could have for me as someone who thought my team would be in that game, and went as well as it could have.
Speaker 1: And you know, for me, whose team has been victimized by the Chiefs twice over the last couple of years.
Speaker 4: Do you have a.
Speaker 3: Team the Patriot?
Speaker 4: You must, that's right, yes, you know what so because you are a Patriot fan. But for some reason, you love Kyler so much that my brain associates you with the car.
Speaker 3: I thought he was also Hill more than Kyler Murray. That's a good point.
Speaker 1: You know. It's funny because every time Taysom Hill had have a big game, I mean, matt o'cott is the first name that pops into my hand. I'm like, he is somewhere enjoying this right.
Speaker 4: That six week or it was like three week stretch or whatever it was in the middle of the season. I'm certain no one was enjoying that more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, for sure. Anyway, you did right about a bunch of cut candidates. You actually included some defensive guys, which I thought were interesting. But this is a fantasy football podcast, so we want to focus obviously on the offensive guys.
Speaker 4: You mentioned two.
Speaker 1: Players, and you look to your credit in your defense, you said that both of these guys are long shots, that being Travis Kelcey and Mark Andrews. Obviously, with Kelsey, the thing hanging over this whole thing is whether or not he just retires all together and decides to be a full time podcaster, commercial pitch man and kept a man to a billionaire pop star. But of those two understanding they're both long shots. Is there one that seems possibly more likely than the other for.
Speaker 3: You, Yeah, I mean, to your credit, thank you for giving me my credit on stating very clearly these are both long shots. The fans in the Twitter sphere do not seem to understand that. They just think I'm predicting it and they freak out. But what's worth and there was some verbiage from Breadveach today about Travis Kelsey in the fact they expect him to come back and all this stuff, so that lends into the camp of he'll be back, which is what the expectation is. But remember, and I remember very clearly, because everybody did this in the Twitter sphere last year. Aaron Jones last year, I put in this exact column and the front office was talking about wanting to bring him back, and everybody freaked out that I put him in there, and then he was later cut and it sounds crazy because these people are like face of the franchise is great players. I don't think either Travis Kelcey or Mark Andrews gets cut. But if Travis Kelcey does not retire, I think he would be the more likely guy to get cut. The one thing he saves much more against the cap. He saved seventeen point three million dollars against the cap for the Chiefs, who aren't in the best of places cap wise, are not in horrible spot necessarily, But then the other thing is and I feel like sometimes we overlook this because his name is Travis Kelcey and he's going to be a Hall of Famer first ballot. He has not been that good for two straight years now. Up until twenty twenty three, he had seven straight years of one thousand yards. We all remember that he had eight touchdowns and five of those six years leading up to twenty twenty three, and then these last two years less than a thousand years in both seasons eight total touchdowns combined between those two seasons fewer than twelve yards per reception each of the last two years when he had twelve yards per reception nine straight years, So he was the best tight end or one of two maybe when Gronk was around for like seven to nine years in the entire NFL. He's not that anymore, which means he may not be worth this price tag anymore.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Will the Chiefs cut him just because of that? Maybe not, because he's such an integral part of their franchise. He's still a better than average tight end all of that stuff. But if one of these two guys is going to get cut, I think it would be Kelsey. Andrews didn't have a great year either, but he at least did really ratchet up at touchdowns towards the end of the year. And he's also six years younger, saves less against the cap, and isn't maybe distracted by dating the most popular woman on the planet and also sing up podcast with his brother. I don't know if that's really part of the problem, But Kelsey's on the climb.
Speaker 4: To your point on that, Like, like you say, two years but two years ago in twenty twenty four playoffs, he still kind of looked like Travis Kelcey and it was like, all right, yeah, he's doing this thing where he's he's saving his body for the playoffs. So but he wasn't even able to dial it up in the playoffs really this year, outside of that one game against the Texans. So the only thing with these two, and it's so funny to me that of the two, the fan base that wants the one cut is the Ravens fans. I see all the time on Twitter saying to cut Mark Andrews. But like Mark Andrews clearly still has more football left in him. If the Chiefs cut Kelsey, I can't see him wearing any other uniform.
Speaker 1: No. I think if Travis Kelsey's not back in Kansas City, he's retired. Like I just don't. I don't see it. And you mentioned, Matt, you mentioned the Chiefs do have a history of cutting Hall of Fame tight ends and maybe still have a little bit left in the tank. I mean, they moved on from Tony Gonzalez at one point, and he went on to Atlanta and had success there for a number of years. I'm gonna ask you this, Florio, because you gary a grudge against the Chiefs like no one else. They do have just under eight million dollars in salary cap space at the moment. They can obviously do some things to clear some room out, but after the loss in the Super Bowl, the fact that they just sort of squeaked by so many games they weren't great. Do you think they could blow everything up? And I would say rebuild, but maybe it's just kind of retool a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they could retool for sure. I think the Chiefs sort of the Bills, the Cowboys are certainly in this window. We see this when quarterback because quarterbacks last so much longer than every other position that like Okatta, being a Patriot fan, could speak on this, like there's two iterations of Tom Brady's career right, Like they're like the quarterbacks play so much longer that the roster around them naturally everything changes, and the Chiefs are I think slow, like trying to slow walk that process like Chris Jones, I don't think is going anywhere. But that's the other thing with the Chiefs is they've paid outside of like Tyreek and Snead, who they let who they traded or let walk, They've kept a lot of their big name players. So when you are paying all of these high end talent, the rest of your roster has to suffer. There's only so much money to go around. So the Chiefs are entering this weird stage where they have a lot of high end talent. They still have arguably the best coaching duo in the NFL, but the team around Mahomes is getting weaker and weaker. So I think if you're the Chiefs, so you look at it like we were in the super Bowl this year, We've been in the AFC Championship Game seven times in a row. We're going to continue to try to ride this out, but you need to try to get younger, and you need to try to find cheaper pieces to add around because you can't just keep paying everyone. Eventually the bill comes due.
Speaker 1: I will say Kansas City was very smart in locking up Mahomes to a long term deal when they did, which at the time it was a huge deal. But as we're seeing more and more quarterbacks sign it's looking more and more like a bargain for Kansas City. So that does give them, I guess, a little bit of flexibility, but I think to your point, Mike, they do have to kind of, you know, figure out how to retool. The Patriots did that great for twenty years. Just you know, there are so many different versions of Patriots super Bowl teams that one didn't quite look like the other LaQuan. I want to ask you though about on the Ravens side, if for whatever reason, they decide that they want to part ways with Mark Andrews, and that does seem sort of hard to imagine right now. Is Isaiah likely enough at least for the tied end position? Is he enough to sort of keep this train rolling there?
Speaker 2: Man, it's one of those things that you hope they don't cut Mark Andrews because he didn't really end the season very well.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's been going.
Speaker 2: I mean like, I mean, boy, if they cut him, boy, he's gonna be having probably the worst years and well probably not the worst year in Baltimore.
Speaker 1: There's another player there.
Speaker 2: But uh, anyway, I would just say more so looking at it, like Isaiah likely is one of those stuff, you know, tight ends that we've seen flash multiple times, and we kind of want him to get the keys to take the full on mantle, and I honestly believe that, you know, Isaiah likely can step up to the plate. But you just love Mark Andrews comfortability with Lamar Jackson, and Lamar Jackson comfortability with Mark Andrews. That's a connection that you know, I can't see breaking up anytime soon, just based on all the stuff that they've given us. And I definitely think, you know, Isaiah likely is still a young player. You know, he could still learn so much from Mark Andrews. So cutting Mark Andrews now, it's one of those things with you know, with Travis Kelcey, it's one of those front facing guys, like it'll feel weird without him in the locker room, I think more so, and I fool weird for fantasy seeing him play anywhere else. But as a rams frain, we could use him any of these guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, we could put a spot for him.
Speaker 2: But it's definitely one of those things, you know, these young guys that they had behind him, like even Thoah Gray, we didn't mention him. I'm really, you know, surprised they didn't really get him going as much this season as well, you know in the back end with Travis Kelcey declining, like we've seen flashes and moments from him as well. So these young guys, they have the right mentors in front of them. So it's one of those things like it's too soon to let either one of these guys go.
Speaker 1: It's funny because you mentioned Noa Gray too, because like Noah Gray and Isaiah Likely were sort of in the same boat, I think, fantasy wise, where they would do just enough to irritate the rest of us who drafted the guy ahead of them, right, like Noah Great would catch a touchdown and everybody who had Travis Kelce would throw their hands up in disgust. And look, I'm old enough to remember Week one when Isaiah Likely went berserk and we were all wondering did we make on mistakes drafting Mark Andrews. That was about the last I think we heard of Isaiah Likely. For the most part, I just.
Speaker 4: Want to see Likely get a chance. Man. I truly believe he's the best number two tight end in football outside of maybe like Michael Mayor.
Speaker 1: But like, yeah, I don't, I don't. I don't disagree with that at all. Matt, you wrote about the Jets Adams Allen Lazard both candidates to potentially be cut. Obviously, the team has said they are moving on from Aaron Rodgers at this point, so I mean it, that really makes it. Like, Look, if I'm at a party and the only person I know is the host, and the host like dips out for a while. I'm not really hanging around anymore, you know, so, right if you are the Jets, Matt, either neither or both. When it comes to moving on from Adams and Lazard.
Speaker 3: It's gotta be both. In my opinion that this is not just you only knew the host, it's also the host of the only person that likes you there and the only person you like there. And there's really no reason for either of you to be there except for Aaron Rodgers. That is the vast majority to entirety of the reason that both these guys ended up in New York, and with him gone, I don't see a good reason for them to keep either. Obviously, Adams is still very, very good and productive. He had a solid year. He carries if cut a thirty million dollar cap savings for the Jets, that is absurd. You do not save that much money cutting players in the NFL very often. And this team needs to make big moves. They need to make significant moves to shore up a bunch of stuff that went very wrong this past year. Obviously, the fact that Rogers banged up didn't play well. All that stuff got got a little better towards the end made what was a big part of the issue. But DeVante Adams carrying that much of the money is not going to work. And it's not gonna work, particularly when you don't have Aaron Rodgers as your quarterback, because that's so much of the connection there. Also, you have Garrett Wilson, and I think that bringing in Adams kind of created some friction and some awkwardness and some issues with Wilson, which kind of brought him down a little bit. So you have a true wide receiver one, or at least a very good one A. You can bring in someone who's more of a two or you know, a lower end one B to work alongside Wilson, who costs a third of this maybe less, and use that money elsewhere much more effectively. And then Alan Lazard is just not good, sorry Czar. He's an oak. He's a spottily useful wide receiver three, specifically for Aaron Rodgers and nothing else. So he brings six point six millions in savings. He has a thirteen million dollar cap hit. That is not worth a kind of okay, sometimes wide receiver three for a quarterback that's gone. Now they need to find somebody else to play. Alongside Wilson.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, like, the other good news is that Alan Lazard last year had maybe the second best season he's ever had in the NFL. The bad news is that's thirty seven catches in five hundred and thirty yards. Like that's what that is.
Speaker 3: And most of it happened in like the first six weeks. He was kind of good for that stretch and then he disappeared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I do remember that.
Speaker 4: If Aaron Rodgers is let's say he retires, right and he's not a starting quarterback next year, just for hypothetical, does Alan Lazard have a future in the NFL? Like, I don't see any other team really being like we need this guy, Patriots, the Patriots receivers, I don't know. I'd rather have Javon Baker.
Speaker 3: We have seventy four wide receiver threes.
Speaker 1: We don't need another, right like they got they've got multiple Alan Lazard's on the roster already. Why would you bring in another one? Like that's very much the Hey, I want Alan Lazard, and they're like, we have Alan Lazard at home. It's fine. It's like we don't have to worry about that at all. Christian Kirk another name that is on that list. Obviously, Brian Thomas Junior had a very good rookie season. But Matt, I mean, look, you mentioned this. We all sort of laughed. We all pointed and laughed at the Jaguars. When they sign Christian Kirk to that big deal and that first year he was really good, it's like, oh, you've sort of earned your money. Since then, he's been injured a whole lot. So if they decide to move on from him, is there still enough help for BTJ on the roster? Would they have to go get somebody.
Speaker 3: There's not enough? So this is a two sided coin here. I think Kirk needs to be cut. I think they probably will cut Kirk because of the money and the health and production the last couple of years. After that one really good year, he's I think he's a good wide receiver two, one of the better wide receiver two is probably in the NFL, particularly when healthy. Obviously when you're not, that brings that down quite a bit. But at this price point, I don't think it's right. But if he's gone, there's not enough else there. Besides Brian Thomas, you got Gabe Davis who will have probably two good games. Maybe I don't think he even had two good games last year, and then after that you got a bunch of like wide receiver four nobody's I think that this would be a good team to go out and work hard to get one of the higher end, possession type wide receiver veterans that are kind of the top end of free agency this year. Because Brian Thomas Junior is such an unbelievable explosive downfield threat, I think it would be really nice to pair him with, honestly, someone kind of like Christian Kirk, but with maybe a little bit more upside, maybe a little bit more reliability, and maybe at a lower price points. Maybe that's someone likes Stefon Diggs. Even maybe it's Amari Cooper, depending on what kind of money that draws, or and this is kind of my favorite, maybe it's Keenan Allen. You can probably get Keenan Allen cheaper. I still think he's got a lot left in the tank in terms of just being a good possession receiver. I think he'd be a great compliment to Brian Thomas Junior and helped Trevor Lawrence out a lot.
Speaker 1: I love what they're doing down at least, I think I love what they're doing down there. I don't know they have a new GM who everybody is, you know, sort of pointing out the fact that he looks like he, you know, just graduated from college and should be an intern somewhere. So we'll see what they what they decide to do with that.
Speaker 2: As he used it, matting that at ratings.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's using Madden ratings. I think, at least at least at least not publicly. At least not publicly. Right, Look, when your head coach goes to his opening press conference and says duoh like the weirdest, creepiest way possible, like any weirdness that you have bubbling under the surface, you should probably keep that quiet, at least for the time being.
Speaker 4: A little bit o condor, you asked if Gabe Davis had a good game, he played ten this year. How many yards do you guys think Gabe Davis had this year total total ten games.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say two. I'm gonna say two fifteen.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say two thirty two, three thirty two.
Speaker 4: Thirty nine, two thirty nine and touchdowns they came in the same game.
Speaker 1: Oh, I feel like, you know, on on Fantasy Live we do the Cardio King of the Week. I feel like he won that a few times. Just he's mostly just getting his.
Speaker 3: Steps and Nobel Prize of the Cardio King.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think at this point like we might just have to rename it the Gabe Davis Award.
Speaker 4: Remember this time last year when people were like, well, Josh Allen doesn't have Gabe Davis anymore.
Speaker 1: I'm number two summers ago when he was a lightning rod for Fantasy Twitter conversation like if you if you were just bored one day and you wanted to start a fight, just say Gave Davis is good and then just walk away and then just watch your mentions go berserk for you know, twenty four hours or so. So yeah, well, last thing I want to ask you you this wasn't in your piece, but I know you. You obviously spent a lot of time for folks who don't know you, spent a lot of time scouting and looking at wide receivers, evaluating wide receivers. Travis Hunter, one of the premier names in this draft, and there's so much conversation about what his NFL future can be, was a stud in college at both Jackson State and Colorado playing both ways for you? I mean obviously, Yeah, Travis Hunter is not sitting here taking advice from any of the four of us. But if you were to give him advice, can he play both ways in the NFL? Or should he stick to one side or the other?
Speaker 3: Ooh okay, So that way of warding it makes it especially tough because if Travis Hunter is coming to my front door and asking, I'm probably telling him, bro, do whatever you possibly can. Have the best cardio in the NFL and play every snap on both sides and be an unbelievable generational show. Hey, O, Tani level player with if the gms for the thirty two franchises in the NFL ask me the same question. I think the answer might be different, and some of it does still kind of apply in terms of what Travis maybe should do for himself. And it's simply this. The risk of injury is very high in the NFL. I think it gets higher exponentially the more snaps you play, because your cardio goes down, the hits, pile up all that stuff. When you're doubling the snaps you're playing, you're more or less, at least doubling the risk of injury, and that's obviously very tough for an elite, high level, high drafted player on either side of the ball. It's tough for anybody, of course, to be injured, but to add that risk to the equation makes it especially complicated. So I don't think it's probably best for an NFL team that he plays every snap on both sides of the ball. Long term, I think it's probably not best for him that he does. Although if he did it on his rookie contract, good gracious, would his second contract be nice? So maybe that's the strike, is do it on his rookie contract and then specialize later. I really like what Daniel Jeremiah said in his Top fifty article. This is kind of the way I think about it, and I think he said it very well, which is basically that he can have an impact on both sides of the ball and probably will, but it will require likely that he majors in defense and minors in offense. And that's the way I think he should go about it, because I think it's easier to have a big impact playing half two thirds of the snaps at wide receiver than it is to play half the snaps at cornerback. So that's the way I would go if I was Travis Hunter, and that's the way I would go if that was a team looking to draft.
Speaker 4: Coincidentally, as you were talking, I just saw this Cam Wolf tweet. As we're recording this. He said, the Titans, who have the number one pick, view Hunter primarily as a cornerback, and the Browns, who have the number two pick, Viewing primarily as a wide receiver.
Speaker 3: That's so interesting.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: What I'll tell you what this is gonna be is absolute horror for fantasy managers if they go somewhere where it's not for sure.
Speaker 4: I don't think I'm drafting Travis Hunter. I think there's too much that can go wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so much unknown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I'm with you. It's funny too, because I think what DJ said about majoring and defense, minoring and offense, that seems to be the consensus right now. Yeah. I know there are some people who think he should, you know, maybe go the other way. But if that that opinion seems to be at this point the minority opinion. But very curious how these teams view him and whoever drafts him. What side they want him to primarily focus on, because you're right, Matt, I don't. I don't think what he did at Colorado is sustainable in the NFL. One of the things I've heard Daniel Jeremia say too about it is, you know, in college, it's easier to kind of spread out, spread the field a little bit and as your corner maybe not be so involved in the run stopping part of defense. It's a little bit harder to do in the NFL, you know. And look, I mean you know, say he ends up, say with the Giants, and then suddenly you got to be tasked with, say, try to stop say Kwon Barkley a couple times a year, right, Like, Yeah, that's how business decisions get made, for sure. So you know, we will see the one thing we know he's very much going to be the talk of the combine, which good place for us tickets, quick break will come back, We will talk about what is going on in Indianapolis. So when or not we should be spending our weekends obsessing over this and all that sort of thing and what we should be paying attention to. Maybe when we talk about the combine, let's come it up next here on the NFL Fantasy Football podcast Matt Oconna hanging out with us. You see his article over at NFL dot com. You're talking about his potential cut candidates for this off season, Matt. For folks who maybe are uninitiated, where can they find you? Where? What are you doing? Where can they find your stuff?
Speaker 3: Well, you can find me on Twitter or x or whatever you still want to call it at Mettalcotta. I'm also technically on Blue Sky, but I don't know if anyone's using that still. I am okay, I'm over there somewhere. If you search my name, you'll probably fuck me and then I'm also I'll be doing throughout the off season and into the next season as well, and I did this past season some freelance work with a color, a couple other fantasy places four for four. I'll be doing some stuff at FTN this offseason, so if you want to find some more content, you can always do that. There's other free agency articles of mine, both already out and coming out shortly sneak peakspoiler alert at NFL dot com too, so very cool.
Speaker 1: I can vouch for the four for four pot I know you said you may or may not be doing it regularly this offseason. But you and John Bosh, you know, I've listened to it. I was a guest on it once. So maybe my own personal selfish self interest here here, but a good show over there whenever you can find it. Combine, we'll be hitting this week in Indianapolis already seeing the tweets and the press conferences, and I'm sure we'll see plenty of word about Saint Elmo's and shrimp cocktails and all those sorts of things steak and shake and the like coming up by the next few days. This is the thing, guys, that I sort of struggle with because it's obviously a tent pole on the actual NFL calendar, and I feel like for fantasy, we have tried to make it into a thing. And look, there are a lot of people who do a lot of good evaluations and scouting and that's sort of thing. But I feel like in the end, it always comes down to, yeah, this guy ran well, or he tested well or he didn't test well, and we always say the same thing. But depending on the landing spot, this could work out. So it's just sort of like, well, what have we done here? So I mean, I'll start with you, Lakwan, what are you looking for? What's important and what's not important for you when it comes to the combine.
Speaker 2: I'm not really like focused on the combine and whatsoever other than players that I'm really excited about to go out there and like just show up and like just do regular football things and shorts and T shirts. Like I'm not taking that into fantasy into the summer because I don't know where these guys are going. And like if we did this all the time when we were trying to like, oh well, the draft analyst said this, and combine numbers say that.
Speaker 1: But he just went to the Browns.
Speaker 3: His future is over.
Speaker 2: Like he's not perform at the high level that we were talking him up for the last three months. It's just it just doesn't happen. And then you have guys that go under the radar, Like I used Cooper Cup an example. You didn't have like the greatest fort he's not the fastest guy, but a lot of the stuff that he was doing, like it was translating to maybe he could be a guy and a certain you know, Panthers Ravens wide receiver said, you know that's my number one guy, Like and and I looked to that, I'm like why And then you watched the video Sean McVay lesneid their excitement of drafting Cooper Cup, and it's like, oh, so.
Speaker 1: It matters where the landing spot go. Who can utilize this guy.
Speaker 2: Imagine Cooper Cup went to the Patriots, the Saints or somewhere else, like, he would not be the Triple Crown king. He would be because you need the right coach, the right personnel to actually get the guy to be able to perform at the numbers at the combine. That you know you saw that you were excited about Matt Correct if I get any of this wrong. Now, I know you have been certified as a wide receiver scout.
Speaker 1: Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: So I mean for you, like, do you spend a lot of time watching the combin watching the receivers at the combine or is there something you're looking for? Do you just sort of kind of let it wash over you and check up later.
Speaker 3: Honestly, of all the fantasy positions, wide receiver is the one that I probably care the least about. The combine to me, tape is so much more valuable with wide receivers. And then production is also pretty valuable. Analytical stuff is pretty valuable. Where the combine can have a little bit more to say. I think is tight ends running backs, and then it's nice to see the quarterbacks throw and like go through those motions. But those are against no defenders and not in pads and not in game situations with a d line rushing down your throat. So you don't learn too much in my opinion about them either. And for the most part, I don't care about their measurables unless I think they're going to be a big running quarterback and they're fast, that's nice. But for wide receiver in particular, yeah, it doesn't matter that much. What I will say is like certain drills can matter relative to other things about that wide receiver. So for example, if you're really really small, like Xavier Worthy and you don't run a four to two, it's probably gonna be a little bit problematic. If you run a four to four and you're that small, I don't know what you're gonna do in the NFL. But if you're that small and you run a four to two, okay, well now I know I mean, and you can know this without running at the combine. You can see how fast a player is on tapes for the for the most part. But when that guy runs a four to two, now you know, Okay, this guy is going to be one of the fastest players in the NFL. There are a lot of things I can do with him in space that minimize his size limitations and low and behold. That's largely what the Chiefs did and it worked out pretty well for them. So there are some instances like that that matter. When you run a fast forty and you're much bigger, I think that can matter because it can tell you like, Okay, well it's a four to four, but that guy's two hundred and forty pounds. That tells me something that's pretty interesting and valuable.
Speaker 1: I mean, Floria, what I mean? I know you're not as a huge combined guy, but is there something that that sort of catches your attention when it comes to this weekend?
Speaker 4: I agree with Okata. I think for me the biggest thing is running backs because they are the position that is most like tied to their athleticism and their capabilities physically. Like you can be a you don't have to be the fastest wide receiver in the world to be really productive at the NFL level. Laquan's example of Cooper cup is a is a good example of that. I always go back to one of the first combines. I was working for NFL Network and Elijah Holyfield had I believe that was his name, Holyfield Son, had a lot of hype and then he ran like a four to eight forty and we never saw him again. Yeah, like when a player is really slow, or like last year Isaac Grendel leading running backs in forty and the ten yard split. I was like, Okay, I'm going to go in and watch a lot more Isaac Grendel now because this is a player that I believe can contribute at the NFL level. So I really don't. Obviously, there's the high end running backs, like I've already watched a bunch of gent and stuff, But like the more fringy guys, I wait until after the combine because there's some guys that are just not going They're going to perform very poorly and teams are gonna be like their late round pick if anything. So I kind of wait for that for running backs, but receivers I don't. I mean, yeah, Xavier Worthy boosted his stock last year. But like Keton Coleman, everyone was like, he's so slow, but then he runs the fastest gauntlet time and it's like, oh well, none of that matters. So these are very particular with what they care about with wide receivers, whereas running backs, I think athleticism testing matters a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I mean I think to your point about wide receivers too. I remember being in in the the year DK Metcalf ran and his forty time was amazing. I remember hearing gasps in the crowd when we all saw the time, but then the three cone was really bad, and everybody's like, oh no, like we gotta get Dk some pilates classes or something like what are we gonna do? Like it's worked out, you know, like it's been Dk metcalf has been just fine so far in the NFL. So I think there's something to that point. I think for me, it's more about sort of looking looking backwards at it and when it's over, maybe the guys who overperformed and the guys who really underperformed, and then using that as sort of a baseline to like, okay, well, now let's evaluate like is it that they really underperformed and let's go look at the tape and let's see what the tape says, or we're like, hey, is there something there? Like even the guy like, look, Andy Isabella had an amazing forty time, right, and the Cardinals kept trying to, you know, put that square peg in a round hole for a long time and that never quite worked out. So I just I do think that sometimes we get, at least for fantasy, a little bit carried away, because it is very heavily about fit versus you know, necessarily and kind of of testing, especially testing where you know, guys spend time, like extra time preparing just for these specific drills. You know, it's like it's like taking an SAT crash course or whatever. Like it doesn't say to me you're smart. It just means you prepared for this one event that you were gonna have to do for a couple of days.
Speaker 4: All the big names are not really doing it anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's another big problem. Yeah, unfortunately. Well, and the other thing is to what you just said, Marcus, those things that they're doing that they're practicing for typically aren't things they're doing on an NFL field. Like, I still don't understand why we don't put a press corner at the start of the forty yard dash for all the wide receivers and then see how fast they get down the line, because that's why.
Speaker 4: Would have rented in six seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's funny. I'm trying to It might have been any school or somebody. It was like an offensive lineman and the forty time wasn't necessarily great. And I think somebody asked, like an offensive line coach about that, like does it concern you? And the response was, well, I guess I just won't have him running you know, forty yard verts anymore.
Speaker 4: You know, he's forty yards downfield. Something's gone terribly wrong.
Speaker 2: So something has happened, like some if it's a screen, like he has to get a field. I mean, I guess that's why they still do it.
Speaker 1: I guess, But like you're you're you know, but at some point, even on a screen, like if you've got a good running back, he's just gonna give blowing by him. You're not expecting Suel to be holding hands with jimor Gibbs forty yards down the field. Like that's just not how it works. Same thing with like a d tackle, right, like if a d tackle is running forty yards. Any one way or another, something really bad has probably happened for the defense. So yeah, I think there's you know, take a lot of these things with the grain of salt. That being said, is there anybody in particular, La Kwan, that you're keeping an eye on it that you just want to see Maybe maybe it doesn't change how you feel about it, but you just want to see this guy perform at the combine.
Speaker 2: I got two guys, Damian Martinez running back out of Miami U and then Jaden Higgins Hiowa State. Those are the two guys that I will have circle just I just want to see what they do. Like, I want to see if their draft stock gets pushed up. I think they're both Day two guys the second round at least for Jayden Higgins. Like, I just want to see what the draft streets and then the fantasy streets overlapping do for these guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, to anybody you want to keep an eye on this week.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna keep an eye on the tight ends. This seems like a really interesting tight end class. There's a couple at the top that look like they're probably gonna go top fifteen. Tyler, Warren Coulson Loveland will probably go top fifteen to twenty at the most for leveland and then there's a bunch of other names that could be Day two Harold Fan and Junior Mason Taylor, Elijah Royo. There are a bunch of guys so and it feels like every year we need a big tight end influx, and sometimes we think it's gonna happen and then mostly it doesn't. So maybe that's gonna be the same thing again this year. But I'm hoping that we get a nice deep class, especially if Travis Kelcey is going to be on his way out and then Mark Andrews will be on his way out at some point, so that we can get the next group of elites. We've already got a couple of them, and guys like Terry McBride. But I'm going to be watching for those the top end Day one and two tight ends and seeing and for what it's worth, tight ends are one area where I do think measurables can tell you a lot because athletic tight ends are becoming the way of the NFL largely, and so seeing those good numbers helps me with my confidence in them. To some degree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tyler Warne's an interesting one because I mean, obviously he had an amazing season. Also me though, as a frustrated bitter USC fan, he destroyed us much of the way Dalton Kincaid did a couple of years ago. So like, I want to see if he sort of is is Kincaid or if he's maybe something else.
Speaker 4: So he's gonna drop a long catch in the AFC Championship.
Speaker 1: This was all This was all along, set up for Florio to just vent. That's all that was. That's all that was. I'm glad you took the bait, Floria. Anybody else that you might be keeping an eye on.
Speaker 4: Pretty much the running backs, like you hear so much about how deep and how high end, like the high end talent is in this class. So I'm very curious to see if anyone separates themselves. Obviously Gent's already be one on this class, but after that, I really want to see how these guys separate themselves. But selfishly, I saw this morning that cam Ward is still considering participating, and he is my QB one. We've already spoke about this on the show. Like, I think all the physical attributes are there. I love his tools all of that. I kind of want him to put on a show and just cement himself as the number one pick this week like that, because we're not getting Sanders, we're not getting a lot of these big names like him. Coming out and putting on a show I think would be the big takeaway from the weekend for me.
Speaker 1: A couple guys, I'm kind of curious about that. I watched, you know, I watched them actually play in games. Kind of want to see how they test a little bit. One Cam Scataboo at Arizona State, who was a little bit of a do everything and like in at least at ASU, he gave me as as they would say, it's giving Austin Eckler a little bit and I'm just sort of I'm sort of curious what his testing is going to be like because he did a little bit of everything for the Sun Devils in those couple of years, conluding that playoff, that insane playoff game where he was just gassed and like could not really have done anymore maybe accept the play linebacker or something for them, but did everything the other one and I don't know, he's not getting necessary a lot of buzz. But Nick Nash, wide receiver from San Jose State, who I thought just proclaim end game. Was this a dude who just he was just making plays regardless. And I don't know if necessarily that's going to to translate well into testing or not, but I think he's a guy who at the next level could really turn himself into a nice piece in the right offense. Was a guy who was a quarterback coming in kind of a dual threat running quarterback, he trans transitioned into wide receiver and ended up having a really good career at San Jose State. So I'm very very curious about.
Speaker 4: I'm with you on scattered with it. I hope he balls out because in any other year we're talking about this guy being like an absolute mistackle force monster, but it just so happens that he is the guy who set the PFF misstackle force record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look, I think the running back class is gonna be interesting, right because we know, as you mentioned John C's up top, Travon Henderson, Omari and Hampton, quitch On Judkins, Caleb Johnson, mean, we can just go deep, deep deep on names. R J.
Speaker 2: Harvey, Brashad Smith, there's so this this class. Like I'm really excited, honestly to see all of them perform, Like really gonna.
Speaker 4: Run a four to seven and we'll never see him again.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hey boy, I'm gonna say this. I'm looking around, make sure nobody pops out. Do running backs matter again? Oh?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 1: Do they do?
Speaker 3: Just won a Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Yes, just go out there and get them.
Speaker 4: This is a good timing for class like this though, because a lot of the faces that the position are starting to age out, like Henry Mixing's kind of in that on his last legs type thing. Eckler you mentioned even twenty eight, like they're all closer to the cliff than further.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that now that I said that, somebody from PFF is going to be standing outside my front door when imagine can you imagine anyway anyway to combine though? Things get going on Thursday in Indianapolis being a good company man. You can check it all out of course on NFL network. So tune in all weekend long Thursday through Monday for all the athletic testing. I'm sure there will be press conferences. Yeah, a lot of folks doing a lot of good work. Out there in Indy, so be sure to check that out. Matt, appreciate you hanging out with us. Man appreciate you coming by. Hopefully we'll catch up again soon. I know that, I know the company is sending you out into the wilderness, but you know, don't be a stranger. We would definitely love to have back on.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we'll do. Keep me posting will do indeed.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, for the rest of us, that will do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. Stay happy, safe and healthy, do good and live well. Enjoy Todays everybody. We will talk to you again on Thursday. Bob, don't help.
Speaker 4: Bob, don't help.