Speaker 1: It's nine O gene one leg with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. Oh my god, you guys. Season seven, episode nineteen My Funny Valentine aired February twelfth, of Course, nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Synopsis. All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray. When Valerie's mom comes to stay nice fun, Kelly has mercy on Valan gives Tom Miller the old Hevo. Donna is down on the dumps until cutie Cliff comes around. That's the fireman. Guys. Steve and Chloe are getting closer. Steve is smoking doobies? Would Dick, wait, doobies? Isn't that from like seven?
Speaker 1: Do you not mean to laugh? I laughed at doobees? And then it got worse with the Dick.
Speaker 2: Parpa, Oh I get it. It's a play instead of boobies. And then there's Dick. Okay, I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't even get boobies. It's a duney because he's oh.
Speaker 2: My, I never mind bees, it's it's not boobies.
Speaker 1: Just try dooby.
Speaker 3: Oh boy.
Speaker 2: Steve smile to Dick, and then Terracy thinks Brandon is ready to put a ring on it.
Speaker 1: Good Bye, David Semel written by Jessica Klein. Uh, it's not boobies, it's doobies. I know.
Speaker 3: Is that why the Doobie Brothers are called the Doobie Brothers. I just literally figured that out.
Speaker 1: But we are wait because they like the doobies.
Speaker 3: That's what I think is dooby.
Speaker 2: What's the origin of call a joint or weed like marijuana a dooby? What does anyone know the origin of that? Now?
Speaker 1: That's like the sixties reference. I'm pretty sure that's like Larry Mullin's day. They called it a dooby.
Speaker 2: I agree with this, I'm just I'm just curious of the origin because it's such a weird goooby doobey do.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh weoo good one, Jen scooby doobey do because allegedly they were always eating snacks. But that's still not word originated.
Speaker 1: I didn't even realize there was.
Speaker 3: It means marijuana cigarette do be YEA understand, But who was like.
Speaker 2: Hey, we should call this the dowey. I don't know.
Speaker 1: How do you know that about anything?
Speaker 2: Because everything starts somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I.
Speaker 3: Have a back problem, and I don't know if you guys can hear my eyes can't make a noise, but continue?
Speaker 2: No, but I can see that heart on your shirt.
Speaker 3: Good job.
Speaker 2: I'm pressed.
Speaker 3: What makes you love this episode so much? Just give us that, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, the overview, there's I feel very invested with every storyline in this episode, first of all, and while they're not all tied together, they're all really exciting. They're exciting. There's no like boring storyline here.
Speaker 3: Nothing were always Claire and Steve are always little by.
Speaker 2: Now, but it's not much Clare and Steve. I mean, I could take her leave like the Dick Dewbie and Steve thing, but I know this is setting up for future and stuff. I know suddenly he smoked weed and I didn't see that coming.
Speaker 3: It was really nice to have everybody in the same room again for at least for a bit, or sort of close to the same room that for the Valentine's event, Like that was cool and we hadn't seen that in the second.
Speaker 2: Ohait, can we start at the beginning, and I'd like to start with Kelly Taylor and Tom Miller.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do it. I like him when you take charge.
Speaker 3: He's bright eyed and bushy tailed.
Speaker 1: Tell me what to do.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was it was a little hard for me that we ended last week on Donna almost dying and then Kelly's like, hey, you've here from.
Speaker 3: My morning run, riving from the beach to the Hollywood Hills at six thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess it's Clara puts it. She references, it's been the timeline three days since Donna almost died and was held hostage. Okay, whole days, I know.
Speaker 3: So Kelly, Kelly, Claire is a terrible friend.
Speaker 1: So Claire is I think everyone.
Speaker 2: Is Wait, no, you're jumping ahead. Sorry, I'll be quiet, Okay, Tom Miller, Hollywood Hills, enter you.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, please, don't love that be Kelly, because just stay at home. Like I feel like she's, you know, stirring up stuff. I can tell she's just doing it for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: But it was see at this point in the game, I actually wanted to believe it was for the right reasons because I love you.
Speaker 3: There's something a little cute about you, guys. There's something a little cute about him with Valerie too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you way into him and Valerie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's something nice there.
Speaker 1: I think that that an ELL's well that as well. In this episode. Thank god we're not there yet. Sorry, sorry, okay, sorry, but I just felt like, yes, there is something there with with Kelly and Tom, and I think it could go somewhere. But it's not like it's it's easy. It's like cute and flirty. It's not like love love love love or anything.
Speaker 2: Right, it's not passionate, but it's sexy, Like there's something sexy about it. The chemistry. I think, you guys get him there for it. You both are good looking. I can watch it, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad you can bear to watch it.
Speaker 3: Does he seem like a good guy to me? He's sort of a good guy. I'm like, Okay, this guy.
Speaker 2: Is actually maybe I think he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: I got to say just from jumping this episode. Kudos to Tiffany. I really enjoyed her performance. I thought she was really good and maybe it's because we're finally seeing a new side of her and I was there for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was nice because we normally just love to hate her, but this I wanted more though, you guys, I want her. Mom comes and she has that one great scene with her on the stairs where they you know, she says, I hate you, I hate him, I hate that house, and I hate you.
Speaker 3: When he's When she said that, everything came flooding back to me. I was like, I forgot and you.
Speaker 2: Guys are jumping ahead and I feel like John right now and said, and we are that I know?
Speaker 3: But did what? Okay, So, Jenny, when she said that, what did you think?
Speaker 1: I thought, Oh, she was molested in the house. She was sexually assaulted in the house, for sure by the dad.
Speaker 2: Correct, that's what I thought that happened. I'm not sure he raped her. Correct?
Speaker 3: Is this he's been assaulting her? And then I don't want to give it away. We find out.
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember, he must know. It all came back to me when that, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, what came back to you?
Speaker 1: What we haven't what we.
Speaker 3: Haven't seen yet, what we haven't seen came back.
Speaker 1: I'm just checking to make sure I've forgotten something pivotal yet already. No, which I'm sure I did.
Speaker 3: But okay, good you did, But you're getting it.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, I thought for sure that that was that. But because that was so deep and so like revealing, I wanted more from it, like I wanted more. I wanted to know more right away, and then it was just sort of like swept up, and then.
Speaker 3: They don't give us much in this episode about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's gonna unfold. Do you think in the next episode does.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, okay, okay, So Valerie's mom comes to town. They haven't seen each other in three years. Correct, and.
Speaker 1: She looked a lot alike. You guys, Michelle Folds and Tiffany look a lot alike, like they could be mom and daughter.
Speaker 2: I think they look nothing like.
Speaker 1: Really, I thought they had the same little face like shape face although faces her face square footage is larger. Then this is not sounding good. Her face one face is smaller than the other.
Speaker 3: Like, do you.
Speaker 1: Find that when there are children like offspring? Did they usually have the same size noggin as the mom?
Speaker 2: Did you snoo a dewey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's my nine am.
Speaker 3: Say that the more famous actors have bigger faces. I think there's a thing about that. Yes, the camera likes a bigger face.
Speaker 1: They like you to have a big face.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Okay.
Speaker 1: She has a perfect face to be an actress.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: The mom is in the papas originally, Yeah, I just.
Speaker 1: Saw Michelle Phillips out of corn. I feel like, oh really yeah, because the Phillips sisters were there. Do you remember to her? Were you there?
Speaker 3: You were there as in China Phillips.
Speaker 1: China was there, but.
Speaker 3: That's her mom. Oh, and then McKenzie Phillip is related but not the same mother.
Speaker 1: Right, who's in? Who are the women in the Phillips sisters?
Speaker 3: Tell me this China Phillips, No, Charinie Wilson Carney, right, but they're not sisters.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is getting real.
Speaker 3: It's confused. So Mackenzie Phillips and China Phillips are half siblings, they have different moms.
Speaker 2: Right, right? Right? Is Kevin Bacon involved here?
Speaker 3: Nope? Okay, China Phillips is the daughter of Michelle Phillips, but Carnie Wilson and her. I think it's Carnie Wilson's sister.
Speaker 2: Who is the redhead in Wilson, who's the blood who's.
Speaker 3: And China's married to Billy Baldwin?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: Can we talk about Michelle phillips acting career?
Speaker 1: Yes, tell me she's been on? What has she been on the big thing that I'm thinking of?
Speaker 2: Are you thinking of not Sandy. Yeah, but I mean originally my dad loved her and she worked a lot with him, which is why I'm sure she obviously was doing this. But she is a very kind, very nice woman.
Speaker 3: Well, I think NAT's landing was like, really, that's her.
Speaker 2: She was along your episode before when she was younger.
Speaker 3: But she did like a million things back in the day, back in the day. Mm hmm. Would you like me to name some yes please? Yeah, okay, Fantasy Island, love Boat, Search for Tomorrow two hundred and nineteen episodes of the Search for Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 3: That was a you don't remember it? Tori is a soap opera.
Speaker 2: It was sort of a early Tomorrow CBS.
Speaker 3: I think so so that was sort of the world ends. I'm very she played Ruby Ashford in two hundred and nineteen episodes, I think. And she did a lot of your dad's shows TJ.
Speaker 2: Hooker, like all my dad shows. But I feel like she.
Speaker 3: Did some episodes of Hotel James Brolin Hotel of.
Speaker 2: Course, I was like in San Francisco.
Speaker 3: I think it was the Fairmont, to be honest, it was. But then she just did like tons of one offs all the time. Eighty nine episodes of Knots Landing.
Speaker 2: She must have worked with Elvis, didn't they all all those iconic actresses.
Speaker 3: Maybe she was on Malibu Shores.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're right, she didn't Elvis movie. What was it?
Speaker 2: Something was she ding Elvis? Something's happening Malibou sor she was on Malibou Shores. My dad showed that my brother was on that. Greg Vaughan was on, who plays Cliff Jaeger, who was back the Fireman that Jen loved back for this episode. And Michelle Phillips, you're right, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Michelle Phillips was in The Mama's and the Papas, right, Like, I don't want to just overlook that part.
Speaker 2: No, no, that's what I said to begin with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, California dreaming where she was music.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you look up a picture of her back in the day, oh my god, like long wond hair, total yeah, iconic, like it be like, oh yeah, gorgeous, gorgeous woman.
Speaker 3: That is this part she was.
Speaker 1: I think she's perfectly cast as.
Speaker 2: Val I felt that it's almost like she was Valerie's step mom though, like.
Speaker 3: The evil that's sort of the evil. They don't get along and they have to fight over the money, like the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe because there's just no maternal energy there between the two of them. Maybe that's what's.
Speaker 2: Maybe, and she seems in this role. I do feel like it's a little like I don't know, I was getting dining Steve vibes a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, the scene at the stairs, I was like, Oh, we've just crossed over into full blown, like nighttime soap opera right there.
Speaker 2: I had that exact money.
Speaker 1: Is she coming back? Is the mom of Tiffany?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: She said I'll be back next week. Oh great, So I don't know, we'll find out much. I love how.
Speaker 1: Kelly and Val in that moment in the bathroom, I kind of had a come to Jesus understanding like female the female. I felt good. I was like, please, please God, Kelly make the right choice here, because I honestly wasn't sure what was going to happen at the end of the episode. But she did the right thing and she sent Tom back and Tom back into VAL's arms.
Speaker 3: I do think you had a little bit of like for him, like a little crush or some feelings.
Speaker 2: There has to be because Kelly's not that human just to do it for the reason of val She's not that.
Speaker 3: I think she's realized that she was really in it a little bit for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 1: You said you thought she what did you say? You thought she was too human?
Speaker 2: I feel like you're not. I feel like Kelly is not that human. Like perhaps she was in it slightly for the wrong reasons, but in her brain, I feel like it crossed over. She felt something for him, she felt chemistry. Because I don't believe that you would ever just maliciously do that. I just don't.
Speaker 1: All right, No, I thought that, Yeah, we agree on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that bathroom seen a tiff and a red lip. I was both of you looked gorgeous. Like the lighting I was in a bathroom.
Speaker 1: Had bathroom, I think, yeah, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, I can see the conversation. I don't think I realized it was in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Well, because Kelly was talking into the mirror right, doing her lipstick or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there was a bottle of beer or someone looked on the counter or something. But I've never seen a nightclub bathroom lit so well. You guys looked gorgeous, stunning, and both of you, I don't know, I really really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: It's weal. Can we talk about when Donna is in bed in the morning? Can we go to that storyline? Now? Yes? Are we not done with that?
Speaker 2: One more thing?
Speaker 3: We?
Speaker 2: So? Brandon picks up Michelle Phillips Valerie's mom. What's your name on the show.
Speaker 3: Miss Malone? I liked how Tom kept saying Miss Malone likes Malone? But miss.
Speaker 2: So. Brandon arrives at the pea pad uh, Tom and Valerie are there. They make their entrance. She's like, why did you bring my mom here? Valerie's mom ak. Michelle Phillips goes, it's so big and so beautiful. You know, my brain, what were you?
Speaker 1: Were you disagreeing with her in your mind?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Just like are you being dirty?
Speaker 2: Of cool? Hello? Have you met me? Of course? My potty brain?
Speaker 1: Wait, that's what you're thinking in that moment. It's so big. You need to.
Speaker 2: I really do we need to take you? Tell me about it? But then I don't know if you guys notice this, And I guess you know, no one's going to say no to Michelle Phillips. She's iconic and legend, but she goes, Brendan.
Speaker 3: Oh, so many people do that.
Speaker 2: She called him Brendan, but in the next bit she called him Brandon, and then you've had.
Speaker 1: Beef about that from from get go. When people say Brendan Brandon, I.
Speaker 2: Do I always somebody's I just notice it, and I just so want someone to come in and say, is there any way sorry, the name is Brandon. Can I don't know, you.
Speaker 1: Want somebody to do their job? You're saying, like somebody behind the camera. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I guess it's kind of fitting, like she kind of doesn't give a fuck about anybody, and so she doesn't really take notice of his name. Yeah, yeah, even though they're childhood friends, right, so.
Speaker 1: I think it's funny too. Also that she was like, hey, can you guys go pick up my mom? And I've never I mean, I guess this is young people, but maybe they had nothing to do with their day, like that's a whole They took out three quarters of Valentine's Day for Brandon to go to the airport, pick her up, bring her back to the peach Pad Peapad, then take her to the house like he's with that lady all day. But also she asks like, can Tracy go do it like.
Speaker 2: What, Like, I know they've been talking a little bit, but I your friend, bitch, Like what, No.
Speaker 1: She's there. They they're very good friends because she told him about the the suicide. Remember I know what's her but tells Brandon, Oh yeah, I know about the suicide. That told me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They were just so laying pipe like trying to like say, remember what happened.
Speaker 3: It was casual conversation at the hockey game. They just were chatting that up while they sat together.
Speaker 1: That's the only time they've ever talked before. And I know, I want to bring that back home, make sure we all remember that they had one meaningful conversation the game.
Speaker 2: Right, Tercy goes, they are tight suicide unless.
Speaker 3: They talk over coffee, and we don't know in the morning because they do sleep at Cossa Walls.
Speaker 1: And it just feels weird that Tracy's just sitting around in the house all the time, Like it doesn't where do you live?
Speaker 2: You're right, these people have lives. We see one hour a week of their lives. We must miss so much.
Speaker 3: I do not feel any kind of love between Brandon and Tracy.
Speaker 2: Listen, if he's not eating your face off, there's a problem. Yeah, he goes in and gives it a smooch, and I was like, oh, he is not it her.
Speaker 1: It's true, and I feel bad for her because when they were at the peapat at the watching Luther Vandros, Like, who couldn't have like lovey dovey eyes if you're sitting there front watching Luther Vandros high lucky kids. But I saw her like leaning on his shoulder and they looked really sweet together.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Oh you want to know my beef with this episode. If one except I love it. But if one more person in this episode goes, do you know it's Valentine stay today? Yeah? No, everybody knows from the viewers impaired.
Speaker 1: I always used to say, this is where the viewers impaired in any way, shape.
Speaker 2: Or form, because we got to keep driving at home.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got to mind.
Speaker 3: Everybody did appreciate, though, the very detailed explanation of why in the world Luther van der Ross is at the peach.
Speaker 2: Pit after dark.
Speaker 3: It made the fact that they really acknowledged he had a real tooth issue. David Silver's dad saved the day. It almost disrupted his tour. Like I was like, you know what, thank you, thank you explaining this to me, because otherwise it would have been balkers.
Speaker 2: That I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: It was appreciated, but usually we don't get that. So I was ready to get that. But when little sweet Luther Vandros started talking and saying all his lines, I was like, oh my god, he's the sweetest man ever. I was remembering everything. And then I was like, and he's a good actor, look at him.
Speaker 3: And then he sang a hit sang us smash, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's sang it too. When the bars of that music started, I was like goosebumps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not mad about watching on DVD because I was like, you know what this song I needed.
Speaker 2: And he did it?
Speaker 1: Agreed in the bathroom watching it, and I was like, oh yes, And how about.
Speaker 3: His manager was famous too, the like manager guy was played by somebody that's that guy that's in like a million things. I don't know who he was, but like he's in a million things. Yeah, I looked him up last night and he is in a million things. I'm correct. But Luther Vandross like just crushing it. The backup singers crushing it. Everything amazing.
Speaker 1: If you guys couldn't watch this for the reason of the music. How can they watch this performance and get the music like we got it.
Speaker 3: Get the DVDs. You got the d I watched it on DVDs. What song did he sing again? Favorite here and now that's too love? Yeah? He really that that was a good booking. Although it still is random Luther and a bunch of like college kids, but still it was fine. It was Valentine's Oh.
Speaker 1: But that Chloe, what's wrong with her? She doesn't sing.
Speaker 3: Song good mind egg or whatever she sings it's that same.
Speaker 1: I was like, if that was Luthor Ross's opening act, I think he'd not be very happy.
Speaker 3: And he's so nice. He was like, I heard you're great. She sings that same like three notes and I'll wake up with you or whatever. I was just like, and her clip, her clip was irritating me. I'm so sorry that something I was.
Speaker 1: Not David, it really likes her singing, so you're gonna to take that up with him?
Speaker 3: And guys, do you really think that Luther Vandross, after doing this solid favor at the Peach on Valentine's Day, wants to go to dinner with David and Chloe what what.
Speaker 1: That's what musicians do.
Speaker 2: Amy, if you notice, I'm being silent here because I don't want to sway the whole Chloe thing because I have personal issues here.
Speaker 1: No, I know, you've just do on your hands over there because you don't want to thinking.
Speaker 3: Although although Donna over there, yes, you're not being a good girlfriend at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh, sorry, I wanted to go back to Kelly. You never.
Speaker 3: I deserve it.
Speaker 2: Kelly what.
Speaker 1: Oh you just made her go somewhere she's never been.
Speaker 2: But that was the first in our history.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I felt a lot of compassion for you in the beginning because I felt like they're rushing you like you should be in massive therapy, like and Claire is just being so rushy rushia and you re he bopped out of the bed once you knew Cliff was there, and you are leaving your boyfriend future husband just in the dust. But she did prush your teeth, so you know, we're glad you're up, but still and you're like, it's it's a little cheatey.
Speaker 1: Wait, someone's sitting up.
Speaker 2: I think it's less about that, and think about like new butterflies, like new excitement, new attention from Okay, but.
Speaker 1: Think about your boyfriend, right, what's going on, Donna? She's twitter painted. You knew you liked him, you knew you wanted to be with that fireman from the very beginning, and then he left, But then you didn't know he was coming back, right? Or did he say when he left, I'm coming back for you.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I think he said I'm coming back for you.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like he was like bye forever, right.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just feel like she's down in the dumps. She's been through a lot. Wait, you guys, why is no one addressing that when this all went down, David was not there for Donna?
Speaker 3: I get it. I agree.
Speaker 1: We will definitely get to that. I mean that always comes up in the end. What happened for Kelly, it happened for when Brandon wasn't there, It'll happen for Donna for sure.
Speaker 2: Amy. I have this feeling that she's never going to bring it up, Like.
Speaker 1: Are you here's my question? She saw the question. Are David and Donna boyfriend and girlfriend right now? Are they committing to another?
Speaker 2: Yes? Committed? Whoa yes?
Speaker 1: That changing cheater? Cheater, you're a little stinker flirty, flirty cheaters, Donna stinker flos died, guys, that is no excuse.
Speaker 2: No, I almost died. And he was flirting with a girl as you say, this scene's three notes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't know that.
Speaker 1: You don't know that.
Speaker 3: We don't know if he was flirting. We just know that he was like in the studio.
Speaker 2: Well, how come no one can reach him? Kelly tried, he was setting up for the band whatever, he.
Speaker 3: Came with, all that Valentine's junk.
Speaker 2: I'm so pissed right now in him.
Speaker 3: I think he's pissed at you, Donna.
Speaker 1: Well you mean last wait, last week you were already mad at him about the girl, the singer girl, right, and he was like he made it up. So this week he comes in first seeing we see him all happy. I love Donna, bringing her a bear and.
Speaker 2: Can't wearing a flower red shirt.
Speaker 1: He's really excited to see you on Valentine's Day morning and you give him nothing. You say, I'll be out, I'll be out in a minute.
Speaker 2: I have two questions for you, Hey, is he really excited to see me? Or does he one feel really guilty that he completely wasn't?
Speaker 3: I think he genuinely likes you or too love me.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I'm just saying, do you think he feels guilty about that? He wasn't present and in his mind he was kind of giving attention to a girl. And and I don't know, I mean, maybe I don't buy it that he's just like, I'm hopelessly in love with you at this point.
Speaker 3: I didn't get a guilty vibe from him. I just.
Speaker 1: He doesn't even know like you go.
Speaker 2: To the cherry.
Speaker 1: We talked about this before, so Dahn, I would like to eat a cherry Danish, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the same, but he made very special note of and a cherry Danish her favorite.
Speaker 1: You know you love cherries, you do. But anyways, I think that you guys, something's not good just in general. So both of you are like smucking around the corner seeing what's out there. You saw him doing it, so now you're a little more open to it. But that cliff he does, like, you know, pull out your little heart strings because he saved you.
Speaker 3: He is cute, he's charming too.
Speaker 2: You didn't even like him before.
Speaker 1: She has nothing to say to that.
Speaker 2: You did not like and you you didn't feel any chemistry before is what you've said in the past for.
Speaker 3: This time though, did you guys? That's a little bit like, hmm, something's here more than David right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, I feel chemistry with them.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Wait is this the guy you used to date in real life or no, that was the last guy. Wait a minute, that.
Speaker 2: Was so but not date like he would probably say if we talked to him, same thing Brian said, like, we never dated, but as a young girl, I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: We're badly in love and we're dating and it's exclusive.
Speaker 2: In real life. And yeah, we went, we attended like things together, we went to out things, we hung out, we were Yeah, we've made out in real life.
Speaker 3: Just a kiss.
Speaker 2: That's all I've ever done with him in real life. But hmmm, you think it happened between that last stay on nine on two and zero and this one, and that's why there was more chemistry. Is that what you're am I picking up but you're putting down.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, I feel there's more chemist theory.
Speaker 3: That is a theery. Wow, real life you had a little chemistry and it's coming onto the screen now. But you're shocked by that.
Speaker 2: I think she's saying that's what happens pretty much on every on the screen. Then we transferred it off screen, and now, yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Set must have just been a cold show.
Speaker 1: This our set was constantly revolving doors, girlfriends and boyfriends. Because you think about it, like right now, I can't.
Speaker 3: Right out the gate. You're like Brandon's Jason Priestley's like real life girlfriend was on the show writing the show. Then Torri's dated half the cast, Like calm down, and there's like brian girlfriend is on the show. Then they break up.
Speaker 1: Now she's still on the show.
Speaker 3: Right, we're about to get another one of his girlfriends.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is good.
Speaker 3: I mean, oh makes my I feel.
Speaker 1: So innocent all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, you're just marrying other people.
Speaker 1: That I Wasn't that innocent?
Speaker 2: Weren't that innocent?
Speaker 1: Oops?
Speaker 2: Wait, Amy, from your perspective, because Jen and I, it's hard for us to even we were in it. Where else were we supposed to? Like we worked our asses off, like we didn't have a life, Like we didn't have a life. But imagine being in high school, imagine being in college, imagine being in your first workplace. Isn't this what does go on?
Speaker 3: I'm not mad at it at all. I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dude, I'm just I'm curious, like psychoanalyze it a little bit.
Speaker 1: Is that is that how it would be if we had been in college or like that's what how you grew up?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You just right, like of course, and young people do that the office a lot.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like especially back then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back then that was like a thing. I mean, our own Danielle Romo married a guy.
Speaker 1: Look at her. Wow wow yea like everybody with them.
Speaker 3: Right, So it's like that's like, I get it. I'm all for it, but it is it's kind of juicy and messy.
Speaker 1: That's called workplace romance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially you actors.
Speaker 2: That was the nineties, you guys, like there were things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: We all sexualized each other back and forth.
Speaker 3: It just now nobody didn't producers correct. I feel like the producers were significantly older and directors. Nobody was doing that or dating like the head of Fox or whatever. Now I feel like it was all young actors.
Speaker 1: We didn't get to see those people. We were in a studio and Fan I's.
Speaker 2: Our director on this episode.
Speaker 1: Who what was that? I forgot already David Simmel. David Simmel, who did he date?
Speaker 2: Oh we're not saying, but whoa you remember.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's like a cute young guy.
Speaker 1: Then I didn't really remember that, but I just had a feeling when you said it.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, that's well. At least one of us was aiming high, like I mean, I was just stuck dating silly little actor boys, like I never was like thinking ahead, like dating up.
Speaker 3: For the directors.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, directors becoming a producer in our show. Right, Yeah, what have we not talked about?
Speaker 1: Let me think here, let's talk about that Ian. I mean, Steve makes another stupid decision in the faith, Like he's got one, Like it's a y in the road. You either go left and you stick on bound time's day, or you may go right and you smoke weed with She is.
Speaker 3: Just constantly irritated by him, and it's just exhausting, and like why would he become friends with Dick? And will Look, we know what's coming for Dick.
Speaker 2: He's back so he can die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dick's gonna die.
Speaker 2: He's back so that Cliff Jaeger could come back and try to save him. Like this and all life does not work this.
Speaker 3: Way, Jenny, If you don't see it.
Speaker 1: Already, Dick dies from drugs.
Speaker 2: If you don't see it, he told us on a podcast.
Speaker 1: In the writer's room. Did they were they like, Yeah, let's have Dick come back. He has a drug problem. Then Cliff is going to be there. He's a fireman. He's gonna try to save him, and that will bring these two characters closer and take these two clar characters further apart. Is that is that what happened?
Speaker 2: I think they actually thought and they said in the writer's room and everyone was like, and it dropped. It worked the doobie, this is gonna work.
Speaker 3: I have a question for you guys though, because I have a theory. When when Valerie moved to Beverly Hills and the father had died, do you think the writers knew then what they're doing now? I do not. No. I think they made a hard pivot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jen, you know they did not.
Speaker 1: No, they gave her that backstory. Yeah, they knew they could always reach into that pocket and fledge that out if they need to do for storyline. So it makes perfect sense, Like we all have those little little crumbs in the characters, right right, and then.
Speaker 2: The first episode Jen that Nadine has online.
Speaker 1: No, I have honestly noticed that before Nadine is the waitress at the Peach.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know, yes, Nancy Fernandez, who is sadly not with us anymore more. But we loved her.
Speaker 1: And Nancy was there, yeah, and Willie and Willy Yeah, the girls longer with us, Oh god, and that's no longer with this.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, everyone behind the counter at the Peach bed is gone.
Speaker 1: It's really sad.
Speaker 3: I noticed they really did significantly give her a line.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I believe because she did start one or two other times.
Speaker 2: Because she did start as an extra, yeah, which is a background player. Sorry, I don't think we say extra anymore. But and then they just love those characters so much, and the audience responded to them. They were there every week. They love they built them. They started to give them lines, which is so amazing. So she got her sack card on, which is awesome.
Speaker 1: You think that's what happened with the guy on the on Friends, Gunther, who was.
Speaker 2: Sadly no longer with us, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Had a real thing with Rachel.
Speaker 2: But no, I feel like, say, Jen's right, that's probably how it's.
Speaker 1: Sort of just see him and then later on and he was so great that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, gun there became pretty major.
Speaker 1: And it's cool that our show had the pea peach Pit staff like that, Like because when you go to your favorite restaurant, they're they're always there, you know, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's just like Cheers. Everybody knows their name exactly.
Speaker 3: I like it. You're all eating the pie too. It wasn't fake eating. It was like you're actually eating the pie.
Speaker 1: We were starving to death, Amy, we had to eat this. Whenever they gave us any kind of birds or French fries or pie, we were like, move everybody, get out of my way. I need eat this. I don't recall this, I do I don't. I don't think I ever ate like fast food like that, other than Taco Bell. That was like, you know, that's not who considers fast food. Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's my lifeline. But other than that, what was your order?
Speaker 1: Wait? No at Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: I do not remember you ever eating Taco Bell. This is flooring me right now. Oh okay, yeah, yeah, okay, okay, it's coming back, go ahead. What did you want to please?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Now I don't know what My order then was dig deep you got this.
Speaker 1: It was beans and rice, you know, the beans and rice they had. Yes, I like the beans because they had the cheese on the right, the jews.
Speaker 2: Oh so you were talking pintos and cheese, my friend.
Speaker 1: And then nachos with the little dipper of the cheesy goo whatever. That definitely not cheese, but that was a classic. Yeah, so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh oh the tostata, the tacol with just the beans.
Speaker 3: Eat the bowl, eat the bowler.
Speaker 1: No oh, the ball. I love a good edible bowl.
Speaker 2: So what is your order now?
Speaker 1: My order now, okay, is you're making me want this so bad. The layer of burrito. Take off the seventh layer of meat, so now it's a sick layer, sixth layer of burrito. But add rice, so now it's back to a seven layer of burrito.
Speaker 2: Oh, good one, my friend, good one. Okay, Well, my order is still the same as it always was, even in the nineties. To tacos, it is a number one, which is a burrito supreme, and then you can get and you get the taco, you can supreme it on the side. And I'm not a pepsi girl, so I'm really sad that they don't have coke. But anyway, and then the Mexican pizza, which they took off for years, and it was I was really disappointed.
Speaker 1: Right it's back.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's back.
Speaker 1: You got your mic rib back, You got your Mexican pizza back.
Speaker 3: You're good to.
Speaker 2: Go live in the high life.
Speaker 1: AnyWho, what did we talk about for this episode?
Speaker 2: Hello? The ring?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: The ring?
Speaker 1: My goshh wait. First of all, it didn't work. He said, if you're cold, go get a T shirt out of the drawer. If you'd you'll get a flannel out of the.
Speaker 2: Closet or a sweatshirt.
Speaker 1: It's the nineties, there's a flannel hanging right.
Speaker 2: There, or a leather jacket and every single scene, you know.
Speaker 1: But she had to open that drawer to find that ring. Right, what did he just throw it in his sock drawer? What is that? What happens if if you.
Speaker 3: Get and then the whole like she thought he did it on purpose. It's so awkward. And also why would two people get engaged that have known each other for like six months and they're in college.
Speaker 1: Please, she's delirious.
Speaker 2: But it goes back to their first scene where he's like I've got something special for you.
Speaker 1: Oh so there she was like that.
Speaker 2: So she sees that and she's like, oh my gosh, I feel so silly. I was like, you know what date is, It's Valentine's Date. You better give me candy and flowers. And he's like no, no, no, what time is it?
Speaker 1: Because he didn't bring her anything. He didn't get her anything for him.
Speaker 2: He never did. I never did because she said all I want is you. So he's like, eah, okay, that's an easy out.
Speaker 1: Don't ever say that. Girls don't ever say that early in a relationship. Be there, because you're setting yourself up for a lifetime on nothing.
Speaker 2: I love Valentine's Day, do you guys?
Speaker 1: In general?
Speaker 2: Yeah, in general?
Speaker 1: Stupid? It's why why why I like the little Saint Valentine guy. He's pretty cool, but everything else is stupid.
Speaker 3: Amy, I just see why somebody would think they're getting engaged, Like.
Speaker 2: She found an engagement ring. It is in her brain.
Speaker 3: Who nuts?
Speaker 1: And she didn't know Kelly and Brandon like that.
Speaker 3: But she's cute though, she's real cute.
Speaker 1: She's so cute, like a little like she's like a little little squirrel or something like a little. I like, she's like so adorable.
Speaker 2: She's a door.
Speaker 3: Just no true, Like it's it still seems like they met yesterday.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for.
Speaker 2: Her, I know, but we know where this is going. I don't, yeah neither, but I'm assuming it's.
Speaker 3: Going goes the way of me Susan, Like I think she just leaves for a job or something like that.
Speaker 2: Just wait, before we end this episode, can we give a special shout out to Donna's hair curler Doom.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, oh god?
Speaker 2: Like what that that is?
Speaker 1: If the rollers were in and then they took them out and this pinned the little hair like it was so weird. It was those rollers, you know, the bell crow ones.
Speaker 2: I believe so. And then I feel like it was sprayed. It was they were lackered down, Like why that was? I believe that Donna aka me always took chances and I was always like, let's try something new, and always wanted to do that, but that one I wasn't there for it.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have some misses, you know what you know, if you if you're always taking chances.
Speaker 2: It reminded me of what's what's the put on your fingers? The the metal punch, punch a ring, it's a ring any pulls.
Speaker 1: And it's got the oh, the knuckles.
Speaker 2: Brass knuckles, brass knuckles. It reminded me triant version of brass knuckles. I'm gonna try to recreate.
Speaker 1: Sorry I don't.
Speaker 2: It's still it's still not gonna no.
Speaker 1: That's it reminded me of like the time from my wedding when I had a bad hairdoo for something and then you have to see it for the.
Speaker 2: Right I told you to do.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I disobeyed you.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just sorry that came out wrong. You asked my opinion if this id you my opinion that it wasn't the best.
Speaker 1: You were right, you were right. I wanted to take a chance, just like Donna.
Speaker 2: And I'm proud of you for that.
Speaker 1: But don't take a chance on your air on your wedding day. Guys, cakes giving this episode.
Speaker 3: If last week was a ten, I'm gonna go nine.
Speaker 1: But why was last week at ten? Okus of the soccer?
Speaker 3: It was so good? Please? Last week was a ten?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, So what really can't be a ten? Because there was no That's how I feel, right, I'll give it I'll give it a nine. I'll give it a nine.
Speaker 3: Still good, though, Red.
Speaker 1: What do we got next week? We got episode twenty of season seven, and you guys with with this ring?
Speaker 3: Oh, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 1: I loved this episode. I loved it. Valentine's Day Red, pretty lipstick hair, dresses so cool.
Speaker 2: Minds the hair. That's it.
Speaker 1: You guys, thanks for listening. We love you.