Speaker 1: Yelich cycles through. Let's play ball, Welcome in, and everybody's too. Leading off right here on Fantasy Pros, brought to you by Bett MGM, the King of sports books. It is me, Joey p joe Piezopia with me. Today is the Welsh, and of course it's you and we're talking all things baseball for you today. We got a recap of the games yesterday, look ahead to the games today, and a little fun in between. Welsh. It's good to see you again, my friend. And how's your baseball and going?
Speaker 2: It's going pretty good, my friend.
Speaker 3: I watched the multiple no hitters the other night, or the attempted no hitters that I feel like I've been ruining by the way.
Speaker 2: We had one.
Speaker 3: Trying to remember who it was now I'm completely forgetting, but it was some days ago and I tuned in immediately lost it. Verlander had it, immediately lost it as I tuned in. I think he got one out and then boom and then actually getting a no hitter. Go through with Redebt. Me's was fun, a little bit of cycle action. It always brings up actually one of my favorite questions, even though I know this is a couple of days old, but I haven't been here. One of my favorite questions of what is you know, more unique no hitters or cycles? As Christian Yelich hit for the cycle. It's one of my favorite debates because Bagman has always completely dismissed cycles, and I actually think cycles are really important and really exciting and about as unique as a no hitter.
Speaker 2: So it's been good. It's been a good.
Speaker 3: Week of batump calls, cycles, no hitters, all the fun stuff I want in baseball.
Speaker 1: Well, it's nice to see Christian Yelich being Christian Yelich again. First and foremost, I mean votes very well. For any shares that you have of the Milwaukee Brewers going forward into the playoffs, maybe winning the National League, maybe even winning the World Series, they're gonna need him to be Christian Yelich. I firmly believe that. But what's so hard about the cycle is the triple. That's the one. The home run is easy, the single and double. It's the triple that really everything has to kind of break right, because it's got to be an actual triple, not a double in an error or some other kind of weird thing that happens where you end up getting a third base. That's the trick. You know.
Speaker 2: What's interesting what you're saying too, is when the triple's.
Speaker 3: The last hit for you to get, it almost makes the cycle like ten times more unique and more special because sometimes you get a guy they'll get the triple out of the way in the beginning, and then you get a homer, and then you get a double. How many times have you seen you know, a single be the thing that you need for the cycle, but you know, to lock it down with a triple, I think actually might be. I don't know, it might even be more special than a homer. Like you said, like a homer is a homer, but a triple is a very unique placement of the ball and a speed around the base path that I think make it so fun.
Speaker 1: It's a placement of the ball, it's a hitting it to the spot where you know you don't have a guy in the outfield has got a great arm exactly where the ball caroms off the wall. There's so many things that can go into it. Triple actually becoming one, and good on Christianellich. Congratulations to him forgetting that. Let's get to the other headlines. Miles Michelis throws one run in the blowout against the Orioles. Wilson Contrera stays hot with homer three runs scored for Wilson Contreras. Contreras has been terrific for the Cubs. He's been one of the lone bright spots. I imagine he would be a very tantalizing player. The Cubs have not locked him up. I have to imagine somebody out there is going to want to bring in a Wilson Contreras. Do you think, yeah, any takers there. I know the Yankees have been mentioned for him, but he would be a huge addition for a club in the in the thick of it, I think later on.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think he'd be a huge addition.
Speaker 3: I just don't think the Cubs want to move off any more pieces. I'm not sure that they want to put him out there. I think that's going to be part of the problem. I mean, the Cubs kind of completely failed at what we assumed was going to be an offseason where they were going to go and spend all that money that they traded off, and they just kind of went to Suzuki. You know, they didn't weren't able to bring in any other stars, and they are piece and some piece of some wins together. But Suzuki struggling the pitching staff is pretty gross. It's a relatively non existent bullpen. So by those standards, Wilson Cortreros would make sense to move off, but I just don't think they would.
Speaker 2: Plus, he's interesting. He's got some.
Speaker 3: Really, really really good underlining, hard hit numbers that seemed to, you know, seem to allow him to continue to be a really impactful bat that I think it would take a haul that no one wants to pay for.
Speaker 1: No one's gonna yeah, well shall see, we shall see, that's for sure. Luke Void Hoomer twice yesterday for the padres Reeze Hoskins home and for three straight games in a row. I wish I'd been picking Reeze Hoskins. That would have been nice. The other night I picked Bryce Harper instead, did not go well. Alec Thomas his first major league home run for the year.
Speaker 2: See that bomb too, You see that bomb?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 3: Like this, dude, I can't get over It's somebody that I have watched this kid, you know, pretty much since he came up. Is a skinny, kind of small kid who showed all the stuff and then this year and camp. I have that picture I tweeted out in camp where I was like, dude, he got jacked like he got his dad's a former strength coach with the White Sox, and he hit this hom or if nobody really paid attention to it yesterday where it was it was a bomb opposite field and he just put his body right across the ball, doesn't even look it actually is very reminiscent of Corbyn Carrol if you watch him in the minors and how he hits, just kind of a smaller, skinnier guy that you see the contact and you're like, all right, that might be a flyout, it's not. And Carol hit it opposite field really really beautiful swing. He's really hitting well to start and making a really good case to stay with the Diamondbacks. So they don't throw him back down when you know, stupid Carson Kelly gets active. They got so many guys that they could just let go. I really hope they let him continue to go because he's hitting the ball, he's making great decisions, he is fast, probably the fastest player on this team, and he's a great defender and he's a really really solid Deeper League fantasy option right now, because he's doing a little bit of everything. If just a diambation is still more basis would be great.
Speaker 1: What's the Prospect one breakdown on Alec Thomas for those people in redraft and dynasty leagues.
Speaker 2: In what respect of like how you want him.
Speaker 1: Both in, like how you value him, what kind of profile you think he's going to be. Yeah, you mentioned he was a smaller kid. He's bulked up. He's you know, showing a little bit of power. Now. He's been in this organization for a few years now. He is not new necessarily.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and like I said, you know, his dad has been been in baseball as a strength coach.
Speaker 2: He's a really, really smart kid. He's worked with a.
Speaker 3: Bunch of Well I didn't I had this interview with that, this really funny interview with him on Prospect one, and he was late to it. And I've had a couple of instances of I've had I've been stood up by a couple guys and he was like really late to it. And when we finally got going, he's in this like big hotel and it got like green behind him and I have it on video and he apologized, and he was. And then but then he proceeds to tell me stuff I can't talk about on air because he's like, Oh, I've been training with this player, and this is a guy that not only from the strength side, he's also worked with a lot of major leaguers like one on one, which I always thought was pretty special.
Speaker 2: But he's five tool player. He can hit for power, he.
Speaker 3: Can run diambacks, don't run a whole bunch, makes really smart decisions, and was kind of contact approach first guy. But he has continuously grown in as he's seen you know, seen more pitches. Uh, he's building into.
Speaker 2: That power and that contact is translating into power. So I really like him.
Speaker 3: I think he's the kind of top of the order lineup type of guy where when Cormyn Carroll comes up, these two are gonna, you know, these two are gonna do stuff. But I don't know if Alex is gonna be a yeah. I don't know if he's gonna be like a twenty five Homers type of guy. If this is a cheap comp but it could be like Ben and Tendy, like think of a guy like Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna say, it's gonna be more like a benin Tende Michael Brandtley kind of guy like you know where he's got, not Michael brand batting average.
Speaker 2: Michael Brantley.
Speaker 3: Well, well, he's just so unique because when I think of him, I think of like he is just batting average. He doesn't run like Alec can really run if they if they absolutely Bradley.
Speaker 1: Used to run when he was in Cleveland back in the day. Brandley would steal some paces for you, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I'm thinking of like right now, you're thinking of older Michael Brandley, but like younger Michael Brantley.
Speaker 1: Was a guy who's good for fifteen swipes, would say, I kind of profile by Peterson.
Speaker 3: And Thomas has stolen double digits bases in every minor league season he's played, and he's moved multiple levels. He stole thirteen last year, fifteen in twenty nineteen, and he's hit double digit homers in the past two years, with eighteen coming last year and another. He had twelve triples last year, with twenty nine doubles through two levels of the miners. He's just he's one of those guys you profile. When you see him, you're like, oh, he's a little bit smaller the list HM at five eleven, one seventy five. Dude's probably five to eleven, maybe five to ten, but he's probably like a buck ninety now and he just makes it happen. So I think he could be a twenty twenty Guy's what I'm getting at. I don't know if the window is too much higher than that, but it's on a Diamondbacks team that you know, they get some offense going. They don't have a lot of other incredible options, but they do have the ability to be stupid.
Speaker 2: And send him down.
Speaker 3: I just think he's a unique, a unique prospect to look at that is not as sexy as Rush Lewis or you know, obviously Torkal Sin or any of those type of guys. I think at the end of the day, he could really sneak in and have a solid season if the Diamondbacks let him stay. So sorry, that was a big homer Ish conversation on That's okay, that's all right.
Speaker 1: Also, yesterday Labor Torres hitting a home run driving in five. I got hobby or Baia is getting the day off today, and I've been talking about this yesterday. Uh, And I think this is the perfect time. And I'm not a hobby bias guy. Everybody knows that. But I know value when I smell it, and this is value. Right now, he's getting the day off. He's gonna get better eventually, because it can't get much worse. It's just the law of baseball averages.
Speaker 2: Saying that right now. By the way, I like, there's so many guys.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of guys. I mean, Marcus Simeon with Maryfield. Remember we talked about with Maryfield for weeks, buying with Maryfield at the home run yesterday.
Speaker 3: It's going to get better, only if you could only buy one Hobby Bias or Marcus Simeon.
Speaker 1: Simeon because I like his overall profile better. To tell you the truth, Hobby bias has always been a too much strikeout for me. And it's not like Simeon's being good is new. I mean, you go back to twenty nineteen with the Oakland A's you saw in the second half how he was just thrushing the ball, and I mean it's him on this trajectory is not a surprise at all.
Speaker 3: Of what's interesting about you saying Simeon, And here's the problem. I'm not sure there's anybody that's been worse. I mean, you look at his Baseball Savant page. You throw up in your mouth. He's not doing anything. There's no redeeming factor to Marcus Simeon right now. But to that point, though, this is a guy that' said forty Homer still twenty bases, how can you don't even have a logical explanation to be like, all right, guys, here's the thing that's gonna make him better.
Speaker 2: It's just like here, No, he's so bad.
Speaker 3: How can you be You can't be this bad. You can't get this money and be this bad for this long. It's got to turn around. But I am actually surprised you said Simeon over him. But Simeon does when he's on, he is a better player than when Bias is on.
Speaker 1: I agree, and I think Simeon there's also that that underlying factor that people still don't believe in him, no matter how many good seasons he's had to believe in Hovey Bias. Well, he's proving it. But but I mean, let's go back a couple of years ago. Oakland, who's fantastic, right, goes to Toronto fantastic to me. This is the classic guy who's now thrust into the you're the guy role with a lot of money in a new place, with not a lot of line of protection, And of course this is what's gonna happen. He's going to go south for a little while. And we've seen it happen to better players than him. We've seen it happen to Carlos Beltram, We've seen it happen to Bryce Harper. We've seen it happen to much better players than Simeon. So why is he above it? He's not, So it's just a matter of the stock is rock bottom. I think the underlying metrics will tell you that people are more scared of him than they are of Hovey or Bias. I would take both of them if I could right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 3: In the preseason Simeon and Bias weren't on the same plane as far as value. I think they might be on a similar like trade value plane right now, where I don't think you can get one cheaper, but I think they're just about the same. Well, what's interesting about what you're saying though? Just throwing this out, and I see some guys randomly brought up. Yellich in here doing a game on the We actually haven't released it yet, the end of this league pod where it's going through and looking at, you know, some of the Baseball Savant stuff, and I had actually picked out Christian Yelich's before we were supposed to do the recording before the game yesterday, before the cycle, and Yelich is just one of those guys where he's got a couple big warning signs and then he's got just an incredibly positive Baseball Savant page of hard hit stuff and exuloba everything being there, and the numbers just weren't there because he's hitting like two forty five. It's just simmy doesn't have that. Like what we have to rely on with Marcus Simeon is previous track record and the idea that it literally can't get worse, and with how baseball is now and how baseball analysis is now, that is uncomfortable because we're all like, okay, listen, this guy is this, but let me tell you he's got the fifteenth best whoa ba He's got, you know, barreling the ball at this straight out. You know, you can go to line a few things that can back up your story.
Speaker 2: You don't have that with Simeon.
Speaker 3: You literally just got to be like, guys, he just can't be this bad and that that's.
Speaker 2: A hard that's a hard cell.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's it's not a hard sell when a guy's had multiple good seasons. For me, it's it's an easy cell to it's an easy sell to buy low in a trade. That exactly mean because right now the person I think goes and says, oh my god, there's no redeeming underlying stats on this guy, I better get out. But I think it's mental and just the way I think Jared Kelnick's meantal. I watched a breakdown of his at bats last night. I'm major MLB network, and it was stunning to me to watch the lack of confidence he's got, and it was stunning to me. I mean, this was the guy I remember we were joking last season about Remember Jared Kellnick had a whole website with his own merch and stuff like that. It was like the Jared Kellen. I don't know if you you remember this or you saw this. It was a joke. Here google it right now because I don't know how that merch is moving. But I think we should give away some of that merch here on leading off. That's what I think I want to I want to give I want to buy somebody Jared Kellennick t shirt. I don't know. I don't know. It comes in size of dot zero zero one, which is like his batting average, but I don't know. But I mean, he came up with all this confidence, but to watch him now, the lack of confidence is just absolutely stunning, I think, Simon right.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, I have to say, like I'm actually a pretty big not that it like completely holds, you know, because I said this exact same thing about Cody Bellinger and then Cody kind of went on a little bit of a tear and then it went away again. But I do, but I do truly believe in confidence for baseball on specific players plays a role. But again it's not I think you can get a lot of snarky, kind of dismissive attitudes about that in this age of baseball analysis, because all anybody cites anymore, the only conversation is what is on baseball Savanna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're not they're humans. They're not just numbers and all that stuff is important, but.
Speaker 2: They are projected.
Speaker 3: You and I are having this conversation, but nine out of ten shows are not going to have this conversation or people in the chat.
Speaker 1: Why nine out of ten shows suck? And this is the best show right here. It's leading off and that's why you subscribe to Fantasy pros mL Beach.
Speaker 3: I drove one red factor for Simeon. I do have one redeeming factor. He does technically have the second lowest strikeout percentage of his career. And I will say always something I think we talked about this. You'd love to see an inverse increase in walk percentage. It's not necessarily the case with him, it's it's a little bit under uh.
Speaker 1: I think it's also helping the strike seekers start to hit the baseball too, when Corey Seger's starting to hit. The problem is both of them were Yeah, but I also think that you need a little bit more lineup protection. To me, he was a guy that you hit him in front of Matt Olsen, good things happen. You hit him in front of Vlad Guerrero, good things happen to me, Corey Seger, somebody else on that team. Carcia, I don't know who's got to get hot and I think that helps Sime and see better pitches to drive. And that's it. I mean, sometimes baseball is is not that deep. Also a couple other notes here, Jordan Hicks scratch from today's start. He's gonna start on Friday. Steven Matts is gonna start today. For these people in the daily lineup movement things c J Abrams at two one runs in triple A contest. Joe Adell also ripping up the Triple A. Your thoughts on those two prospect guys who have been doing pretty well since being sent down.
Speaker 2: Abrams was the first one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, Joe Deell is obviously built for Triple A DA I say quad Hey, no, no, no, I mean I still like him. I mean, this is the most classic thing that ever happens. As a guy spends time in the majors comes back down to the minors, and Abrams just absolutely dominated.
Speaker 2: I'm not worried about Abrams. I'm really not. Rookies in general.
Speaker 3: Every person on the planet has put out the standards of like, look at all the rookies. They're all struggling, they're all trying to adjust, uh maybe something. And I also tell you, guess what ball is a lot different In Triple A. It's gonna probably be the there's no debt ball there and the balls are starting to get crushed. Would sure love to have that, but not worried about c. J. Abrams like literally one bit from a fantasy value perspective, Adele, I don't know, man, I don't know how much longer we can keep going down the circle. Like I believe in the talent, and I've said I believe there will be a season similar to Jared Kelnick.
Speaker 2: I believe there will be a season.
Speaker 3: Where these guys click, they fixed it, and they tap into that potential. I just don't know when that's gonna happen, and it does not feel like it's going to be this year. So that's why redraft wash my hands. There will be a season where those two click in tap into that talent.
Speaker 1: Look at look at Mike Maher getting all worried. I can't believe we're still in the A block of the conversation. Yeah, man, I'm the greatest host in the history of the universe. Don't worry.
Speaker 3: I know what Mayor has literally been is he producing the show now? He's been saying he was like, hey, you want a seven minute podcast on Alec Thomas.
Speaker 2: Hey, guess what.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we talk about things. Sometimes we talk about things when we break them down for more than three seconds.
Speaker 2: Mayor, it's a good thing.
Speaker 1: And Mark, I'm happy to take your trivia question. So if you got it, you could drop it in there and I'll bring it up to the group. Let's move on, because we don't want Mike Mayor to get mad at us.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe let's stretch Thomas. Look at Alec Thomas's dad a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Alec Thomas versus Marcus Simeon. Let's talk about that.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll call Alex Well, let's see what we can get him on. All right, now, it's a Thursday.
Speaker 1: Thursday's a light day in terms of slate. There's hardly any games at night. What do you want from me? Huh? What do you want? Ronald Oconia out Wednesday with a sore growing aw Byron Buxton Hip was back in the lineup yesterday. Xander Bogart's looks like a lot of people are starting to kick the tires here. I still think this will be a massive mistake for them to move on for Bogarts and favorite Trevor's story story.
Speaker 3: Is this like about that Jim Bowden story where he's like the Cardinals got a trade gorman for about?
Speaker 2: Is this what this has to do?
Speaker 1: This is something I said yesterday. So if he said that, he probably ripped it off of the show. Like everybody else rips off this show all the time. It is getting really frustrating. ESPN ripped us off. M'llb network just ripped us off for some mayor pointed out yesterday. Now Jim Bowden steeling her stip whatever. Whatever. Dude, you know we know you're watching. Don't pretend like you're not. By the way, I don't know if you've been watching this. Massa hero Tanaka in Japan has a one point one seven era with a point seven eight whip in forty six innings and threw a shutout his last start. How about that? Mapples, what do you think of that? Welsh?
Speaker 2: That'd be great, it'd be great if that was here, that was actually coming down here. But it's not. It's in Japan. Nobody cares.
Speaker 1: All Right, here we go. I saw this story. Mike Mayer doesn't believe me that I saw it. I didn't put in the show sheet. He put in the show sheet because he thought it was interesting. Let's see. You tell me if it's interesting or not.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Jenni r Cano made his major league debut yesterday. Didn't throw a pitch. He was announced entered the game, lightning caused the game to be suspended. He's only the second player in Major League Baseball history to make an official debut without throwing a pitch. The other is Larry Youwnt, brother of Hall of Famer Robin Yount. Is this an interesting story to you? I didn't think it was.
Speaker 2: Uh no, not really?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: Did you d wait?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, did you think it was? And he opposite You didn't know?
Speaker 1: I didn't, He said, I threw in the show sheet. I said, yeah, I saw it. He's like, liar. You actually said liar to me, our slack child about the liar I saw it.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know what, it's interesting in the moment you told me, But the minute you move the question to do you find this interesting? I was like, nope, I don't find him interesting anymore. Like after after it was done, it was done, like it was cool in the second but I'm.
Speaker 1: Over all right. Also, here's a real trivia question, who are the other two active players active players with multiple career cycles? Anybody know if you know when the Peanuts and Cracker Jacks and you subscribe to Fancy Ros MLB, you can answer correctly in the chat and you win my undying respect.
Speaker 2: You don't have it in here to you because I do.
Speaker 1: I do, But you don't look at the show sheet, which is nice. So I know that. Oh don't know, why are you ruin a good thing?
Speaker 2: Can I can I give a hand?
Speaker 1: Cycles? Go ahead? Fine?
Speaker 3: They play on the same team, but they did not get those cycles on the same team. They actually were on opposite team, not even on the current team that they're on.
Speaker 2: So that's like a.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I don't know why I'm doing this, I'm gonna bring this up. Mayors is number one. Joe's a liar. I will screenshot this and I will tweet him calling me a lie. He's probably deleting it right now and slash.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, Hey Mike Mayer bought delete evidence.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: If Mike Mayor thinks if no, forget my if Go Cards thinks it's relevant, then I'm happy we mentioned it today. Trey Turner is one of them. Trent Fleming, good job, you have.
Speaker 2: Myhalf of my Now the hint, the hint, I.
Speaker 1: Guess now you know, now you know, Well, we'll see what happens this day in baseball history. In nineteen fifty, Welsh Red Sox star Ted Williams has to apologize to the hometown fans for insulting gestures he made in response to cat calls prompted by two errors. He made it a doubleheader in losses to Detroit. What do you think the uh gestures were? They used?
Speaker 2: Cat calls? That that was the description.
Speaker 3: Cat calls are not what I would describe being hazed from.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm like, hey, Teddy Williams, w yeah, cat goes like, hey, look at that ship, Teddy.
Speaker 2: Boggy it did those pants looking mighty tight? Like that's what that's what sounds like?
Speaker 1: You are you have the splendid splinter.
Speaker 3: Indeed, yeah, maybe the gesture maybe he's doing like vulcan signs, like, yeah, what was the gesture I did?
Speaker 2: I don't know what was the gesture?
Speaker 1: And look at redbe Joey is a salesman, a storyteller, a man's man. Mike Mayer takeoes, that's right, where's your twenty dollars? I don't know it's in the mail. All right, let's go on to some other things here. The stat heroes will fly through these. Shane McClanahan eleven strikeouts. That was the guy last night for us on DFS. Hope you played it. Zach Loeg don't know where this game from seven innings on nowhere to run six innings six k's excuse me. Sandy al Contra had seven innings, one earned six k's. Miles Miko Las another strong outing for him, only three k's but still seven innings, one earned in Schoho Tani five k's one earned run in that matchup against my Cladahan. The hitters, of course, Yellows four for five with the cycle, Luke Voight with the two dingers. Wit Maryfield three for four with a home run and a stone base, four runs scored, and he was the value play of the day on the show at DFS. How you doing Wit Maryfield? On FanDuel yesterday was great. Hunter Renfro two for five, two home runs, Yay Hunter Renfro, Calm Moran hit a dinger, Arcia hit a home run, Josh Van Mita hit a home run. Also we had Stevenson getting four RBIs for the Reds, and Glaver Torres and Brendan Donovan had a few days also stat Zero's. It was not a good start for Tyler. He was tie reliable type terrible. I don't know, it's a bad pun eight earned runs. So what happened here, Well, it's a time. What happened to our boy blown up?
Speaker 2: Man? He got really really blown up.
Speaker 3: I mean I haven't like, go eat it Son, Yeah, I mean I haven't gone and like dug into what happened in that start. I mean, his successes come from a big vlo uptick across the board. And I mean I kind of think this is one of those things with these mid aligned there's there's a few handful of these guys, these middle lined pitchers that went from like they're all right to like, holy crap, what are these performances? I feel like this is kind of the comeback down to Earth. Teams are starting to adjust. You know, if these guys they uptick their velocity and their stuff comes a little bit harder, it's gonna take a little bit more for teams to find their adjustment. I think teams might. It's also could just be a blip. But I think this is the adjustment of like everyone's like tylrd ty Lord McGill.
Speaker 2: As he rises the ranks every single week. This is the thing that brings him back down to earth a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is the great time to buy because someone is freaking out right now. It is not Mookie Bets, by the way, Trey Turner's teammate, but you're close.
Speaker 2: Someone already posted it.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh they did. Oh where's.
Speaker 2: Right under the turner?
Speaker 1: A right under the turner. There you go, there you go, all right, Trent, well Doe, Trent nailed it, did both of them? Well done. Let's go to Mark's trivia question here, because this is fun from our Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks. Judge had a walk off home run the other day. He's he had one hundred and sixty seven career home runs without a walk off and that was the fifth amongst active players, who are the other top four. So guys who don't have walkoff homers. That's an interesting stat there.
Speaker 3: And then that means they've got to have probably closer to the two hundred plus homer marker If he says he had one hundred and sixty seven without a walk off. I'm assuming this has gotta be guys with more homers without a walkoff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would assume. I assume that's what it is.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even be able to I.
Speaker 1: Got none, you know. I mean, look, I mean we could sit here and try to do them. I wonder if it's somebody like a Freddie Freeman or somebody like that. But you know, I'm thinking, like some of the guys who have had longer careers, it can't be guys like Pools and Cabrara and guys.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny.
Speaker 3: I went to poolholes too, That's my brain went to poolholes here, and I'm like, nah, pool Holes is definitely walking.
Speaker 1: I have had a walk off home run. I mean, there's no way he didn't have a walk off. So that's interesting. I want to know those names, Mark, so drop him in there. Here are the other crappy pitchers yesterday, Spencer with an s's in the middle, Spencer walk in seven earned runs, eight hits. Cool Chad, of course, Bogman's favorite guy, five runs from him, Nick Martinez five earned, Jose Burrios five earned lost to the Yankees for Burrios and Milans and stunk for earned runs. Barrios has not been good. This is a problem for the Blue Jays. They need a third starter to be good. So are the Blue Jays going to be in the market for a Montas or a Luis Castillo sooner than later here? Because I think they should.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely, And they've got They've still got some of the assets. They've also had a couple guys that have kind of popped up in the minors. Ricky Titaman is one of those nineteen year old pitcher who's got one of the best K rates in Minor league Baseball right now. Pretty decent K minus walk percentage. He walks a little bit, but huge, it's like over four It's like, I think it's forty two K percentage. He has, his stuff has been working. He's a lower level pitcher. That's the exact type of guy you go in trade to go get a Montass. So yeah, I think they are one hundred percent going to be in the market because they've got some assets to move and this team is built to win. And good point, we got Rio coming back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, but he's fine. Not Reu is not the answer either they need somebody else in a short series where he is not the answer. Welcome back. Evan Longoria over five three k's wander Franco, Brian Hayes, Will Myers, Key, Hernandez all over five oh for four with three k's Yesterday, Brian Reynolds, C. J. Crohn, Ryan McMahon, Kyle Schwarber again that I was a Jonathan VR and Bryce and Scott your boy, so my goodness.
Speaker 2: Kind of well, I mean, all right, Mark, that's former.
Speaker 1: Mark gave us the answer. JD Martinez two sixty nine, Johannio Surez one ninety nine, Yadlina one seventy two, and Brandon belt For one seventy one. Look at the contributions.
Speaker 2: That's a it's a fantastic one.
Speaker 3: What a unique list. The problem is is it's almost feels almost impossible to make those guesses. JD is great, like you know, would have been a better trivia question and not trying to put it out well, I guess Kohanna would have been in there as well, but it would have been like the guy with the most homers active homers without it after he did that, after Judge did that. Because I would have never guessed you, Hanno. I'd have never guess Yati or Malina, but that is a fantastic question.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the home run board for today. The Night King in the North still at the top, uh and Florence Socks is up to eleven after getting Christian Yellow trite. Max Junior is up to ten with Pete Alonzo. So I called Pete Alonzo. He doesn't ate ar run, he calls him. He does, So there you go.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: So, obviously Pete Alonso hates me. Now, I guess that's just the way things go. And also I want to remind you, if you're listening and you're out there, we're trying to give away this Vladimir Guerrero Junior baseball to you, Theon from Ontario, Theon. Please, if anybody knows Theon, if anybody can find Reek, if anybody can find any of the Great Joy Family, reach out to Theon.
Speaker 2: Are the Great Joys.
Speaker 1: We're trying to unite Theon with this ball that I want to give him. I feel like he needs. I feel like Theon needs this ball is Vlader, Vladimir Guerrero Junior. I can't even get through it is lad Garrero Junior autograph baseball. We want to give it to you, but look, if you don't claim it in the next I'm twenty four hours but trying all week. We're gonna give it to somebody else. I don't I know who. We're not giving it to Mike Mayer because Mike Mayor would turn around and give it to some kid, right, he would dangle.
Speaker 3: He would go to a game and be like, hey, look at kid, I got this baseball.
Speaker 2: You can't have it.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should give it to you know what, Mark brings up a good point, you should take it. Maybe maybe Mark should be the guy to get that baseball. Mark bringing content to the show and not just in the A segment.
Speaker 2: May you know, I actually got an idea. You know what we could do.
Speaker 3: We could have a show where that day every excuse me, lose my voice there, every person that gets a homer on the home run call is put into a random pool, and one person gets a homer on that day is the one that wins.
Speaker 1: I like that. That sounds like a good one. All right, Let's get to the prop bets of the day from BETMGM, The King of Sports book. If you bet ten dollars. You can win two hundred on any game, regardless of the outcome. Just bet ten dollars to win two hundred when you use the promo code leading off again, it's one word leading off BETMGM. Download the betmgm app, go to bedmgm dot com responsibly, and what do you do? Use the promo code leading off to get that ten dollars for two hundred. That's a pretty good deal. Last time I checked. All right, I don't have a lot of things out there. I was all in this Bryce Harper trifecta, and then I dug a little deeper against his numbers. This year against left headed pitching, it hasn't been great, but there is a lot of plus money if you want to do a huge parlay of the total bases, the over on runs and the over on I think it was it was runs, total bases, and I think RBI. If you put them all together and you bet like ten bucks, you're gonna win a couple hundred dollars. It's gonna beautiful. But it's a tough one. But I think if you hit it, if he goes yard today, boom, you get it. It's over. Mookie Bets I do like plus one thirty five on DK. The total paces at one and a half at wit Meryfield at point five, just point five with hot wit Maryfield on DK for runs at plus one fifty against Texas. Texas is terrible. Do you have anything you like today? Here?
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you I don't like a lot about today.
Speaker 2: It's not a great day for it.
Speaker 3: A couple that I looked at, I kind of like the Pee Alonzo plus total bases.
Speaker 2: It's at one and a half.
Speaker 3: You get plus money plus one oh five, and I believe that is on a bet MGM. You could do that one a strikeout one. I've had some good luck recently doing the strikeout ones. Yesterday I actually parlayed McClanahan and Gilbert and that worked out quite swimmingly nice and that paid off.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 3: I kind of like, and this is a wacko one. It's Taeywan Walker and his strikeout numbers are at three and a half. Now here's a unique thing. He has three star this year. He's only hit that once this year and those three starts. But here's a weird stat. Tay one Walker has only pitched this season versus Philly.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: All of his starts have come against the Phillies this year. He doesn't want to start against anybody else. Guy had been pumping it up. I think this is a relatively good opportunity for him. It's only at three and a half, and I'm gonna jump on. I'm gonna jump on Tay one Walker strikeout numbers. I like those low totals when you can, and the dude's literally only pitched against one team in all three starts. So I'll go Tay one Walker. I'll go Pete Alonzo might also, you know, I personally kind of like uh Luis Robert Byron Buxton. Maybe I do a little hit parade, put those guys together. I think there's a couple hit ones you could do. But it's a it's kind of a rough slate today.
Speaker 1: All right, give you your home run call for the night. Welsh was going yard.
Speaker 2: You know, I am at five right now. I'm trying to get up there.
Speaker 3: I look across the board and I just kind of want to go nuts, and I'm gonna go nuts. I'm gonna go Bobby Waite Junior. Bobby's been stressing the ball a little bit, little confidence on the team as his other hit hit a Homer. I think we will have back to back quits, but this time it'll be Robert Jr.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna go Jordan Alvarez this afternoon. Mike Mayer is going with Marcus Simeon. He says today is the day. So there you go, the slump breaker. Mike Mayer is going to do it. In the meantime, I want to remind everybody subscribe to our YouTube channel. You can watch Leading Off live five days a week, Monday through Friday at noon. We're here on YouTube. You can interact, become one of the Peanuts and the cracko Jacks yourselves who knows, win fabulous prizes. You can join that home run contest at Fantasypros dot com slash chat and join our discord for free and then upgrade as a Fantasy Pros member, so you can get in that home run channel over on Discord. And that's about it.
Speaker 2: And all the other stuff.
Speaker 3: I didn't get do it last week, but I'm gonna do AMA later today, So if you're in there, you notified when yeah jump in and.
Speaker 1: What time is the AMA for everybody?
Speaker 3: You know what, I don't have the exact time. I think it's gonna probably be three or four Eastern, but here would be a big thing. Sign up, get in there and you have notify when I'm in there, and you could come hang out and you can talk to me. It's not just like a chat. It's a like you can talk, we can talk together. Can you imagine to the Welsh they get to talk to me.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: What's that like. I know it's pretty cool. It's pretty cool for it. I mean it's cool for you every you know, three times a week.
Speaker 1: That's very cool. I can't wait till tomorrow when we'll do it all again. I'll do it for us for today. The story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Kids send me out with Ted Williams did