Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in What Dray in the Great Episode two hundred and This episode is brought to you by US Bank. If you ask me, nothing goes together quite like food and football, especially in the fall College football on Saturday the Pros on Sunday in the US Bank Altitude, Go Visa signal card provides the perfect way to earn rewards, whether watching your team with other super fans at a local leatery or in the comfort of your own living room. Earn four times the points when you dine out or have food delivered. Maybe order a big pizza to watch the game on that giant TV of yours, plus earn two times the points at grocery stores, which is great if your tailgating at the stadium with hot dogs and hamburgers. Even getting to the game can be rewarding. You'll learn two times points at gas stations and ev charging stations. Go to usbank dot com slash altitude go to learn more about how you can earn twenty thousand bonus points worth two hundred dollars if you spend one thousand dollars in the first ninety days of opening your account. Score big with the us Bank Altitude Go visa signature card. Visit usbank dot com slash altitude go to apply limited time offer. The creditor and insuer of this card is US Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from VCUSA, Incorporated. Some restrictions may apply. All right, it is episode two hundred, really, which means we've done about two hundred and twenty of these because in our episode count we don't include that original NBA player ranking series, which at some point we will need to update. Demanse Looking Dapper for the second straight show. Because it's our two hundred show.
Speaker 3: I think those episodes incorporated into the number.
Speaker 2: Oh, we do include those in the overall count. Okay, then this is official. This is our exact two hundredth episode. I didn't know that initially, we didn't. We must have backdated some of the episodes. So yes, we have now done two hundred of these. What's right with Nick? Right? And we might have a surprise in studio guest. We also might not have a surprise in studio guest, as that person's phone is going directly to voicemail as we speak, So maybe they're coming, maybe they're not. Demanse I think has some things planned to commemorate the two hundredth episode, but other than that, we're into a straightforward gambling show in the B block, our regular show here in the A's, and where we're gonna start is with what missed the cut? And one of the things that missed the cut didn't really miss the cut, because we're gonna talk about it for a moment, Yannis dropping sixty four points on the Pacers. More on that in the moment, Travis Kelsey calls out media over their wide receiver takes and my take on a third live action Willy Wonka movie. I like the Willy Wonka movies. Let's talk Giannis and the Pacers just for a moment, and then we'll get to the actual game. So I just got into the most ridiculous argument with Kevin Wilds on the zoom call for First Things First, because Wilds just said flippantly he was like, I know Yai as part of Yannis's potential anger, he was like, I know Yannis has a ton of money. He's like, but that basketball is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. And I thought that was maybe the worst sports take of twenty twenty three. Maybe got it in right under the wire that if Yannis was like, you know what, I'm gonna auction this ball off for charity, it's the game, use ball for my career high that you could get hundreds of thousands of dollars, I think probably twenty five thousand is maybe the north end of it. Wilds is convinced I'm out of my mind. But that is not the real takeaway. Demons. Here is my takeaway, and then I'll get yours, and then we'll get into the actual show. I have two takeaways. First one, is this more success for the n season tournament. What do I mean Pacers Bucks is a little rivalry now because of the nd season tournament. They played each other a couple weeks before the nd season tournament and then they played in the semifinals. Haliburton did the Dame time thing, the Pacers sent them home last night. Yannis plays with you know, an anger, takes some hard fouls, scores a career high, a Bucks franchise record, So a real rivalrybutting that I don't know happens without the semifinal game between these two teams. That's first point. Here's my second point. I think Yannis is pressed right now. I think Yannis is a little anxious and a little uptight about despite being seventeen and seven, despite uh, you know, obviously having one of the best games of his career last night. I don't think he feels like this season has gone quite as smoothly as he anticipated with the addition of Damian Lillard. I think there's real anxiety about how great the Bucks actually are, whether or not they're even the favorites in the East, let alone in all of the NBA. And I think you're seeing some of that bubble up. What was your takeaway on it?
Speaker 3: Well, my takeaway was that he's just a giant baby. I think there's been a couple incidents of Yannis throwing tantrums at the end of games. I do get it, but it it seemed like that ball might not have even been taken at the end of the game.
Speaker 2: So I have not yet fully digested the full Rob Perez, who does a great job with these things investigation, he does a twit twelve minute what he called WOB investigation Worldwide WOB. That is Rob Perez on Twitter. You should check it out. He'll get to the bottom of it. I'm sure there did seem to be some confusion. Giannis was adamant. I've played with the ball all day. I know what the game ball was. The ball they gave me is not the game ball. The Pacers were trying to get it for a rookie who had never scored a point, except he actually did score a point in the nd season tournament final, but technically those points don't count because the nd season Tournament final is like a standalone thing. So the whole thing seems silly and petty. That really I think comes from the Bucks being a little pressed. That's my takeaway. Speaking demons of people being pressed Draymond Green. Now we can get into the actual topics of the show.
Speaker 3: Go ahead. Yeah, So Draymond Green and just got suspended indefinitely obviously through the spinning backfist and knock Nurkids to the ground. He's saying that he doesn't even have the coordination or accuracy to land something like that. I've got a couple of theories on the situation, but are you buying that?
Speaker 2: Well, so listen. Obviously I'm not buying Draymond's explanation, and obviously the NBA isn't either, And because his explanation is that he needs coordination classes, not therapy, not help, And Kevin Durant came out and said, I hope he gets the help he needs. Nurkic said, I hope he gets the help he needs. And then the Warriors in the NBA came out and said, yeah, he needs help.
Speaker 3: I actually therapy, Like what do you mean by.
Speaker 2: An anger management something? I don't know to deal with what? But it doesn't jive with his own explanation, so I have I Most people reacted to this like, oh wow, Adam's Silver in the NBA came down hard on Draymond That was not my reaction because there is I need to see how long the suspension actually is. I think it needs to be a minimum of ten games, and if you tell me it's fifteen or twenty, I'll listen to that. I won't think that's out of line. So if you want to call it indefinite, I wish Adam Silver had said that it was a minimum of ten games. You know what I mean. But it will be indefinite. But here is the full statement the NBA released. Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green's been suspended in definitely for striking Phoenix Sun centered use of nurkicch in the face. It was announced Tuesday or today by Joe Dumars. Whatever the outcome takes into account Green's repeated history of unsportsmanlike x. Green's suspension will begin immediately. He will be required to meet certain league and team conditions before he returns to play. I think that there should have just been an additional line that says the suspension will be a minimum of x amount of games. And I also think that the NBA they are taking almost the restorative approach, Like we're worried about Draymond, we want what's best for him. He needs to go through these things, similar to what they initially did with Jaw the first time. There was the gun thing where it's like, you know he's gonna step away and you know get the help he needs at some point. And I know I'm gonna sound like an old man. Punishments need to be punitive, not just there, not just about becoming a better person. It needs to be You acted a fool. You could have broken this guy's eye socket. You are in trouble. In addition to the trouble, we want to give you a procedure so you are less likely to do this again. But Draymond Green is wildly out of control. He's and Demons's in the last In the last fifteen months, he has sucker punched a teammates. He has stopped on Sabonis's chest, he has choked out Rudy Gobert, and he's backfisted Nurkice. And I would argue, what do all four of those have in common? The person he hit didn't see it coming, So yes, I understand Jordan Poole was facing him, But you're with teammates at practice. No matter what you say, you don't think I'm about to get hit. Certainly, Sabonis was not in position to defend himself. He's prone laying on the ground. Gobert wasn't looking at Draymond, and Nurkic was just playing defense. This is like fake tough guy books. And the Warriors own a lot of this because they didn't. Draymond got in no trouble for the pool thing because Ring Night, the ceremony was so important, and I just here's my other question. So right now, Draymond take out the pool thing. In the last twenty six games he's played, he has three overtly violent acts the stomp, the choke, and the backfist that's won every nine games. Can't go three weeks of basketball without it. Let's say he gets fifteen games. If he does this again, what's the next penalty? If there is another totally I'm not talking about a hard foul, but totally outside the scope of basketball violent act, what is the next penalty? Because I would argue the next penalty is you're done for the year. That we look at these two incidents this year as first two strikes and the next one. No matter when and where it happens, if it happens, And at this point, how can anyone think it's not going to happen. Uh, He's just done for the season. And I feel badly for Steph. Man tell you that much. Right now, Wiggins hadn't been the same player since the championship. Clay God love him, is a shell of himself. The young players haven't grown the way you would expect, and Draymond is spiraling out of control. Right, All of those things are fair statements. And then you have Steph playing some of the best ball of his life still unbelievably and it is and I'm the right now, I'm looking at my phone because I wanted to check and see say it again.
Speaker 3: It's like, do it for Steph Draymond, you know, but he can't get people, he can't control himself, is right?
Speaker 2: Am I wrong on that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, No, I was just seeing if Draymond's still podcasting.
Speaker 3: I think that maybe that he's trying to build up a resume so that when when the Warriors realize that he's washed. Dana White's seen some moves that he's put out in the NBA and maybe he'll pick him up and give him a contract.
Speaker 2: But well, so hold on real quick. But do you have another theory as well or can I expand on that?
Speaker 3: Go ahead? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: So I mean you're joking mostly. But as far as Draymond's post career career, he was supposed to have had one lined up take over for Berkley on inside the NBA. I think he's putting that in jeopardy. I think that he's not retiring anytime soon. He just signed a four year, hundred million dollar deal. That's the other part of it. The Warriors are on the hook for all this right, four year, one hundred million dollar deal. In five years, if Draymond retires, what will he be most known for? What will that era of NBA fans when they see Draymond? Will they think a key cog of a dynasty or will they think a crazy person? And listen, he is one of the greatest defensive players ever. He is, in my opinion, the second most important warrior of the dynasty. But he's lost the plot. And as anyone can tell you in any industry, and we've talked about this on the show many times, if you are high maintenance, if you are a problem, if you are constantly a headache, the moment your value starts to drop. People start looking for exit plans, they start trying to be able to pull the ripcord. And I don't know what the Warriors do now, because right now, who wants to take on Draymond's deal four years, one hundred million bucks. They didn't sign Clay. Now, basketball wise, that looks like a smart decision, vibes wise, it might have really messed with Clay. Reportedly, he was offered two years forty eight million dollar extension. He turned it down. I have no idea what type of money Klay Thompson would get right now on the open market. We love Clay, but he can't guard anymore and he's just not the same guy, and he.
Speaker 3: Is getting a more extended contract than Clay Thompson. Was that because of.
Speaker 2: Claytons well, for two reasons. One was Draymond was a true free agent, so Draymond could leave. Clay still had this year left on his deal, so they weren't forced to do it. And Clay is maybe it's the contract, maybe it's the wear and tearor but Clay last year he was bad in the playoffs, but in the regular season he was good. He was twenty to a game, forty four percent from the field, forty one percent from three better three point I mean identical three point percentage to his career average. This year, He's fifteen a game, thirty nine percent from the field, thirty four percent from three. It looks like it went for it. Warriors in a really rough spot, which is pretty remarkable considering the fact that Steph has been brilliant once again. Steph twenty nine to five and four on forty seven percent and forty two percent from three on twelve threes a game. Just absurd efficiency in numbers for Steph Curry. And one last point on this Warriors gonna mess around and miss the playoffs that right now demands. They're the eleven seed, okay, and they're the eleven seed by a wide margin. They're two and a half back of the ten. Here are the teams ahead of them. Minnesota not going anywhere. Oka, see I'm going top to bottom, not going anywhere, Dallas not going anywhere. Denver obviously not going anywhere, the Lakers not going anywhere, the Kings maybe so put a little pin in them, the Rockets maybe, the Clippers maybe, and then the Pelicans and Sons who are only gonna get better. So what they need is to survive this next month or however long it's gonna be without Draymond, probably make up some ground and have Kings, Rockets, Clippers fall off like you could see a Warrior's seat with the healthy Steph Curry missed the playoffs all together. Just unbelievable.
Speaker 3: All right, next a right, there are reports that Belichick and the Patriots are gonna split up at the end of the season. We all know that he's been trying to chase Shula's record, but do we have faith in him being this old and him being able to get there? And where do you think that he'd end up if you were to end up on another team next season?
Speaker 2: So with the right team, I do think he could get there. So the underrated part of the Patriots is this last month they've had the best defense in the NFL, despite not having Matthew Judan and despite not having Christian Gonzales. They lost to the Colts, they allowed ten points. They lost to the Giants, they allowed ten points. They lost to the Chargers, they allowed six points. They beat the Steelers, they allowed eighteen points. The defense has been quite good, and that's Belichick's specialty. Obviously he should not be picking the players anymore, and obviously the offensive side of the game has kind of passed him by. But I have the I'll tell you right now, Demonse, I have the most fun option for him. So we can just go division by division and talk about where there could be openings where he could land. Okay, AFC East, the Dolphins are obviously not gonna change coaches. The Bills might, the Jets might. I do not think the Patriots would ever trade him to one of those two teams. He hates the Jets. I don't think he wants to go there. And the Bills, if they were to move off of McDermott, they would probably want an offensive minded head coach. So let's cross out the AFC East the AFC North. There will be no coaching changes. Ravens, Brown, Steelers, Bengals. They people are speculating could Tomlin the Steelers move on from Mike Tomlin. I think that's crazy, But if they did, they wouldn't go to just, you know, an older defensive coach. They would want to change things up entirely. I don't think there's gonna be any coaching changes there. The AFC South definitively will have no coaching changes. Jags, Colts, Texans, Titans, I would think are all thrilled with their coaches. Vrabel. Yes, they're having a tough year. They're not moving off Mike Brabel. He's one of the better coaches in the league. So cross that out the AFC West. Obviously, the Broncos and Chiefs are not changing coaches. The Chargers likely will. The Raiders already have. I think both of those franchises are too cheap. Certainly, the Chargers are too cheap to pay Belichick what he makes, and the Raiders are still paying Gruden and paying McDaniels. And I don't think Belichick wants Tom Brady to be one of his bosses so because he's a part owner or wants to be a part owner of the Raiders. So I think we can cross out the whole AFC before I go to the NFC. Go ahead, demanse, go ahead. No, it looked like you wanted to say something about something. I said, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it was when you said something about the Chargers. I was thinking about Belichick going to the Chargers, but you said something.
Speaker 2: I think that would be a good fit and he'd have a quarterback, but I don't think the Spano's family's gonna pay him. So now we go to the NFC East Giants, Eagles, Cowboys are not changing their coaches. But what I will tell you is galaxy brain take by Nora Princiati that I heard this morning on The Ring Or NFL Show. She said, what if the Cowboys have just a devastating, mortifying playoff defeat, could Jerry Jones be like, screwed, I'm firing McCarthy And would Belichick work there? Absolutely? He would. The offense is already built. You could like, I don't think McCarthy's gonna get fired. I don't think the Cowboys are gonna have a mortifying playoff defeat. But that's Nora Princiatti's kind of hypothetical that I thought was super intriguing. But let's just assume they're not firing Mike McCarthy. They're gonna win thirteen fourteen games this year. Washington is definitely moving off Ron RIVERA. Would Bill Belichick want to go there? Very similar spot as New England, where all of a sudden you're in a really tough division, you don't have a quarterback, so I'm crossing them off. The NFC North, the only team that's going to fire their coach potentially is the Bears. The Bears are gonna draft Caleb Williams. You want an offensive minded head coach that compare with Caleb Williams for the next decade, not a defensive minded head coach who's the second oldest coach in the league. The NFC West, I don't think any of those teams are firing their coaches. The Cardinals just hired Jonathan Gannon. The other three teams like their coaches, so that leaves us the NFC South, where all four teams could be firing their coaches. Carolina Belichick is not gonna go work for that owner with that quarterback situation. New Orleans Belichick again, they don't have a quarterback. And also Belichick has been better than any GM ever essentially at making sure your cap situation isn't screwed up. The Saints cap situation has perpetually screwed up. Crossed them off, So now we're down to two teams. Atlanta could be intriguing. The offensive weapons are already there. The defense is overachieving this year. It's a winnable division, But you don't have anyone even adjacent to the quarterback in the building. So that then leaves the single most fun option the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. If you remember, when Baker was coming out of school, it was rumored the Patriots liked him. Furthermore, they have cleaned up their cap situation entirely. It is a winnable division. And last, and certainly not least, what is the only way Bill Belichick could theoretically totally even the who won the divorce with Tom Brady if he also goes to Tampa Bay and wins, They're gonna need a coach. They've got players on defense. You say what you want about Baker, he's definitely the best quarterback in the division. They have offensive weapons. I'm not saying that's going to happen. What I'm saying is that's the most fun option. And I think Bill Belichick still has his fastball. Defensively, I like the idea of it. That is, certainly from a storyline perspective, the best you stay on the East Coast, it's quick trip to your house in Cape Cod. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Bill Belichick collision course, make it happen.
Speaker 3: That's my answer, playing your flag there, not.
Speaker 2: Planning my flags, but surveying potential flag real estate as a fun option.
Speaker 3: All right, next, all right, So this NFL season has been played by injuries, especially at the quarterback position. It's week fifteen and more than half of the NFL's resorted to a second string quarterback. And the NFL all the while is saying that they're heading to Brazil. They're trying to expand on the globe. So what's the bigger story this season? Would it be the injuries and the lack of good quarterback play or would it be the NFL's expansion.
Speaker 2: Well, the NFL, you know, playing a game in Brazil. Eight international games. They are just flying right towards my idea that I pitched to Roger Goodell on telew in the first week of First Things First, that he seemed not that interested in. But now they are clearly going to steal from me, which is my idea of NFL International Week. I tweeted out the clip of me doing it on Colin Coward's show back when I had a shaved head and wore fake glasses seven years ago. But it is a very straightforward idea every team is eight home eight road games. We now every team has a seventeenth game. Anyway, it is neutral site for everyone, and you have an additional bye week, which not only pushes the Super Bowl back a week to where the Monday after the Super bowl's President's Day, but everyone either on the front end or the back end of their international game has a bye so that way you can deal with the travel and the jet lag. And the concept behind NFL International Week is there are two or three games Monday through Sunday, and depending on the time zone they're in, is when you are when you determine, you know when the games are going to be played. But you could have a three pm Eastern and a six pm Eastern game every single day of the week, or something similar. For the time zones that that doesn't work in, you would do either the kind of later night games or the earlier morning games on the weekends and every and you could sell each game as a standalone national TV window. We'd have football on seven days a week all across the globe. It's a brilliant idea. If you go to my Twitter you can see it more fully fleshed out, and the NFL is going to go there eventually, So it's not that that's a bigger story. It's just that it was my idea and eventually it's going to come to fruition. Now to the quarterback stuff, it is not a coincidence that if you look at the NFL right now, whatevery single division leader has in common is they are among the handful of teams who have had the same starting quarterback every game this year. The AFC East, two teams have had different quarterbacks. Two teams have had the same Dolphins, Bills, same quarterback every game there first and second, Jets, Patriots quarterback issues and injuries. Go to the AFC North. You have the team in first place Baltimore, Lamar's been there all year, Cleveland four different quarterbacks, Pittsburgh two different quarterbacks, Cincinnati two different quarterbacks. Go to Jacksonville, who's in first place the Jags. Trevor has played every single game. Indy one different quarter or two different quarterbacks. Houston's had the same quarterback all year, but he gotten it. The reason they're not tied for first potentially because he got knocked out this week, got concussed and he might miss a game. The Titans have had to change quarterbacks. Go to the AFC West. The Chiefs the same quarterback all year. There in first place. The Broncos the same quarterback all year. They're in second place. The Chargers they just lost their quarterback. The Raiders had to change their quarterback. Go to the NFC East. Dak and Jalen have been there every single game. The Giants lost their quarterback. Washington. They've had the same quarterback, but he's been bad. Sam howl is one of the only guys who I think has played every game. And the teams in last place. Go to Detroit. Golf's been there all year. After that, you have the Vikings that Kirk Cousins got hurt, Green Bay they've had Jordan Love all year, to be fair, and then the Bears they obviously fields miss timed. Go to Tampa. Baker in first place. He's played every game this year. Atlanta's had to change quarterbacks. New Orleans had to change quarterbacks. Carolina desperately wishes they could change quarterbacks, but they can't, say draft him number one overall. Go to the NFC West. Brock Birdy has played every game this year. The Rams second place, Stafford miss time g and o miss time this week. The Cardinals have had multiple different quarterbacks, so we spend a lot of time analyzing, breaking down, figuring out the NFL some of it is, is your quarterback upright all year, you're gonna be okay unless he's Bryce Young. Evidently, like if your quarterback's upright all year, you're just going to be in the mix. Every single first place team is among the handful of teams that have had the same quarterback all year, and most second place teams are in a similar boat. It's as simple as that. And I know, and that is why, as much as we might hate it, the NBA is or the NFL is going to go above and beyond to try to protect quarterbacks because it can just wreck your entire season. If these guys have to miss time. That's pretty shocking, isn't it. Demonse just how the standings line up exactly with a your quarterback available.
Speaker 3: The whole Bears might have been helped out a little bit by Justin Fields being out for a couple of games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say up and up now correct some of these teams, no doubt about it, like with or without. And you know, the Patriots, Mac didn't get hurt. He just got bench.
Speaker 3: But you know, so there's no it was very consistent throughout the throughout the divisions though.
Speaker 2: Every division top to bottom. It's just quarterback health bass.
Speaker 3: So I got oh, So one quick question. Do you think that the UH Do you think that the travel will make the injury problem a little bit worse?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know why it would, And you get the again. So what I'm proposing is that you you're if you did my NFL in international week Monday through Sunday, if your games are Monday through Friday, basically your extra bye week comes the week before, so you would have almost two you know what I mean, you would have you wouldn't be playing the previous week, and so you would have full time to prepare and get acclimated. And if your game is Friday through Sunday, your extra bye week would come after, so you you know, does that make sense? So you would have time to wrest recuperate after, and an extra bye week in and of itself would naturally make UH. I think lower the injury rate. I don't think guys are more injured in international games. Guys are more injured in short week games. And I think this could help eliminate that. All right, let's do Lebron versus Wimby.
Speaker 3: All right, so one guy disappointed last night, one guy did not. The guy that didn't disappoint disappoint by the name of Victor. When Banyama, he dropped thirty and fourteen, but in the spurs eighteenth straight loss, unfortunately. But Lebron James, on the other hand, sat out. He didn't play yesterday. He didn't he didn't play in the game. Do you have any I know you're probably going to say that he just won the nd season tournament, the first ever, he deserves a sit. But do you find do you have any problem with Lebron said this game out with it being Wimby a new generational talent.
Speaker 2: No, I have the So I have two problems. I have a problem that Lebron played on Tuesday against the mass No, I'm dead. I'm totally serious. Guys. The guy's played sixty eight thousand minutes. He's played more minutes than Burden Magic's careers put together. He's played more minutes than Michael and Giannis's careers put together. Like the My real issue is this the NBA, I believe should have had the foresight to have a good inclination that Lebron might take the n Season Tournament super seriously because the NBA wanted him to and wanted him to be the ambassador for it, and then putting two Marquee games right after the N Season Tournament on the Lakers schedule was idiotic having Lebron versus Luca be a national TV game. And I know you could be like, well, what if the Lakers don't make the N Season Tournament finals, then great, you can still play Lebron versus Luke on national TV anytime all year, and Lebron versus Wimby coming right after that. It's just poor planet, Like the if there was ever going to be a time of the year that your oldest player in the league who is still your biggest draw was going to play playoff minutes, it was going to be in the N Season Tournament, And so then putting I said last week on TV that if the Lakers make the N Season Tournament Final, Lebron should take the following week off, and I totally meant it like it is an extra game. The N Season Tournament Final is an eighty third game of the year for the Lakers, but Also, Lebron was going to go full playoff mode because it's what the NBA wanted, and he is the best ambassador of the league's ever had and it and give it real playoff intensity. And so no, it's a shame that he didn't play against the Spurs. But it's also a shame that the Lakers correctly assumed we won't we stink without Lebron, but we won't need him against the Spurs. And now that was an eighteen point game going into the fourth quarter. It was a twelve point game with four minutes left. The Spurs had a furious rally at the end and ended up making a game out of it. Ad was excellent and overcame it and the Lakers were able to escape with a win. But I my bigger issue is because Wimby was excellent last night and he's been playing really well of late. You cannot convince me it is good for the development of Victor Windbnyama. For this team that started three and two to now be three and twenty that they have, for this team to be so punting on any type of competitiveness, it's not good for his development. Flatlet and Victor has been better than I thought he would be on the offensive end. I thought he'd be excellent to be coming on the defensive end, and he's doing that. But they don't have a point guard and for them to just be totally uncompetitive, and also it's embarrassing for the league.
Speaker 3: Demon sake, no point guard me.
Speaker 2: I don't understand it, but it is embarrassing for the league that the Spurs are on an eighteen game losing streak, and it is not the longest active losing streak. That the Pistons have lost twenty one in a row. And you should not have three expansion caliber teams in a non expansion year. But the Wizards, the Pistons, and the Spurs demanse are a combined eight and sixty two. The Wizards, the Pistons, and the Spurs are a combined eight and sixty two, and then Portland, Memphis and Charlotte are not that much better. Memphis, hopefully when John gets back, they'll be competitive, but they're probably gonna be out of it. Like That's the other underrated storyline of this NBA season is Jos suspension. I think cost the Grizzlies the whole year. They're just cooked. The Grizzlies are six and seventeen, so John's got two games left on the suspension. Those games are against Houston and then at OKC, So their best case scenario is they're seven and eighteen when he comes back. They're probably gonna be six and nineteen when he comes back, and then his first game back is a back to back for his teammates, not for him. He'll be as fresh as can be in New Orleans and then they host Indiana. It is absolutely on the board that the Grizzlies start this season seven and twenty or six and twenty one, and they're just dead. I mean six and seventeen. They're probably dead. And it's just a shame, all right. Our gambling show where I got absolutely, unequivocally screwed last week, and we'll discuss if there should be an official record adjustment. Demande didn't get screwed except for just trusting his gut on his teasers that screws him every week. We'll discuss it all next what's right, I'm considering airbnbing out your sister's room, not your baby sister, your older sister, even though she's here. She's back for Christmas. Uh and that's because uh, you know, jet lag or whatever. She was sposed to be our special guest, but she overslept. So episode two hundred.
Speaker 3: No scoop, no dear, that was a coin flip.
Speaker 2: What do you mean it's eleven fifteen here? She I mean, it's not I understand, and where you are it's early in the morning. It's eleven fifteen here. I just text her during the break a sad emoji and she text me back, you should have woken me up. I was like, well, I tried, but your phone went straight to voicemail, Like, give me a break, all right, speaking of things, I need a break on. I got really, really screwed last week, so let's discuss it. Last week. The record one three and one. So the Rams plus seven and a half at Baltimore never a doubt. That was a winner. That was a great And by the way, now I'm four games under five hundred on the season. Houston minus three and a half against the Jets. I was squeamish about it once because we knew Tank Dell was out when I made the bet. Once Nico Collins also went down, I thought I might be in trouble. But when CJ. Stroud gets knocked out of the game with a concussion. I am just ruined, with no chance about it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Where the Texans got to feel sick is they made Zach Wilson look like a real quarterback. But that's a loss that was I was on the square side of that. I'll deal with it. The Raiders plus three against Minnesota. There's two ways to look at this. One is I bet on a team that scored zero points and got a push. That is a little fortunate. The other way to look on at it is I bet on a team getting three points, they allowed three total points, and I didn't get a win. And so like we have had him back to back weeks, almost unprecedented gambling moments because we had a Patriots Chargers game where the Chargers were favored by five and a half, scored six and covered. And we had Vikings Raiders game where the Vikings were favored by three, scored three and got a push out of it. So I don't know if I got lucky or unlucky there. But then the last two Chiefs minus one and a half against Buffalo, I deserved to win. It was covering when the stadium was going crazy and KADARISONI had scored a touchdown to go up threes, penning four with a minute left. I'll tell you for goddamn sure it was covering. Then, yeah, I mean, I'll tell you it was certainly covering in that moment. He's smart ass. But I take the loss there, And unlike watching Chiefs, unfortunately, unlike watching Chiefs Packers at Lil Wayne's house in La where I can't, you know, live bet the Chiefs at every moment, I watch Chiefs Bills all alone in my own house, and I could live bet them at any given moment. And that didn't go great. And then there's the one that really sticks in my craw Seattle plus ten and a half at the Niners. Then I gave a brilliant explanation as to why I was taking Seattle. They were gonna be able to keep it close, adjacent, it's a divisional game, all of these things. And then Geno Smith gets ruled out. After my pick is locked, I have to deal with Drew Locke at quarterback. They still keep it close. The line moves to fourteen and a half, they lose by thirteen, and I get a loss.
Speaker 3: A loss.
Speaker 2: Now, some people would say no, give yourself the closing line, which was fourteen and a half and called to win. I will not say that I will recover, despite the wild unfairness of it. In my heart all no that in a more just world, the Raiders cover the plus three outright, since they only allowed three points. I get the Seahawks plus the closing line, and the Chiefs don't have uh, you know, the NFL equivalent of being thrown in jail for going thirty six and a thirty five and I have a four and one week and instead of being thirty two thirty six and one, I am thirty five. I'm sorry. Instead of being thirty two, thirty six and two, I am thirty five, thirty four and one and back over five hundred. But I'll take the lawsuits.
Speaker 3: Let's get to this seat.
Speaker 2: But oh shut up, So let's get the Let's get to the tweets.
Speaker 3: You've got Tampa Bay plus three and a half at Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just this one's very very simple. I think Tampa Bay can win this game, outright. I certainly don't think the Packers are blowing them out. The Bucks play close games. I like al Baker's playing. He has been incredibly clutched lately this season really, with these late game drives, whether they're for backdoor covers or for wins. And Green Bay is on a shorter week because of the Monday night, and to me, it's very concerning losing the game they did against the New York Giants for all those reasons. The Bucks plus three this is to be a twenty to seventeen game in either direction, and I'm getting a full not only a full three, a full three and a half. I'll take the Bucks plus three and a half.
Speaker 3: Next next, you got the Giants plus six at New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dennis Allen Derek Carr combo should not be six point favorites anyone except for maybe Carolina. And I know, listen, I'm not buying in to the Giants hype, but Dable versus Dennis Allen is a massive coaching mismatch. The Giants' biggest weakness is the quarterback spot, but at least his teammates like him, while the Saints seem to be rebelling against Derek Carr and I'm getting six points, Like, why would I think the Saints are gonna beat anyone? Buy a touchdown? Dennis Allen at home against the spread is historically bad, and I just I flatly don't buy the idea that this Saints team is going to take care of business in a way where they win by multiple scores. The Giants, on the other hand, Dable's gonna have them convinced we win this game, we could make the playoffs. Now they can't and they won't, but that's gonna be their mind frame going into the game. New Orleans does not deserved to be a six point favorite over anyone in the league except for Carol. So I'll take the six points and think the Giants might be able to win out right.
Speaker 3: Next Vegas should mess up, all right, Miami minus eight and a half versus the Giant the Jets.
Speaker 2: Sorry, all right, we just saw this game played. I understand it was against Tim Boyle, but we just saw on Black Friday Miami run rough shot over the Jets in New York. Now I'm laying less than ten points for a Dolphins team that unequivocally must win this game. The Dolphins after this game, they have Cowboys, Ravens Bills to end the season. If the Dolphins want to have any breathing room, if they want to make sure that that Week eighteen game against a Buffalo team that already crushed them is not potentially for the division. Then they absolutely need to win this game. Also in Miami, when they win, I don't want to say they always blow people out, because week one of the season they were they didn't. They beat the Chargers by two, and they beat the Patriots just by seven. But since then, they beat the Broncos by fifty, they beat the Giants by fifteen, they beat the Panthers by twenty one, they beat the Patriots by fourteen, they beat the Jets by twenty one, they beat the Commanders by thirty. That yes, they only beat the Raiders by seven in what was kind of a sloppy game for them, but that was also a game they were up seven going into the fourth and then nobody scored a point. They kind of stalled out there. I just think this is a and I know that the Jets defense has played well, but I don't think I think Tyreek's gonna play and be fine. I know he's listed as day to day. This is a bounce back spot for Miami that really gave a game away against the Titans. This feels to me like a twenty seven to ten thirty one to ten type of game. Also, the next time Zach Wilson plays two good games in a row will be the first time since his last season at BYU. This is a Miami blowout spot and I'm only laying eight and a half. What was I'm gonna check real quick. What was the Dolphins Jets line the first time they played when they played in New York? Hold on, I think I can say right here that you're are you making that up or you know it?
Speaker 3: No, I was making it up, But I think it was seven and a half.
Speaker 2: Okay, nine and a half. Maybe it opened at seven and a half and moved to nine and a half, who knows, Like maybe that was with the Tim Boyle News. I'm not sure, but it was. Miami was only one point bigger fate this I don't understand. Miami was a nine and a half point favorite in New York. They are now an eight and a half point favorite in Miami. We think that much more highly of the Jets because they played one good offensive game against the Texans, and we think that much more lowly of the Dolphins because they played a bad game against the Titans. That line is way off to me. All right.
Speaker 3: Next next you've got Dallas plus one and a half at Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dallas is a great team and Buffalo just occasionally looks like one. Like here's the thing, what is the last time the Bills played a great four quarters? I can tell you Week four against Miami. Now you can say this is an indictment on the Chiefs. The Bills didn't play that well in that game, the cheap they won anyway, and that you can say again that can be a testament about the trouble the Chiefs might not be might be in. But the Bills played awesome for the first quarter and a half and then hung on for dear life, butchered the clock at the end and gave up what would have been an all time embarrassing way to lose if not for the ref stepping in the way of it. Dallas, on the other hand, is rolling, and Dallas right now, in a weird way, needs the game as much as Buffalo, because Dallas knows their only hope of hosting any playoff games, of winning the Division, of maybe being the one seed, is running the table, and then they need Philly to trip up. At one point along the way. So I'm getting points for the better team with the quarterback playing at an MVP level that is rolling against a Bills team that again, I know everyone right now is all of a sudden all over the Bills, but they the fact of the matter is this that they didn't play well in the second half against the Chiefs the week before, and that was coming off a bye, with the Chiefs injured, all of those things going in their favor. What's up to months.
Speaker 3: I'm just now realizing that this whole time, Buffalo is favorite in this game. That's really nicey. Yes, I was just looking at that as minus one and a half the entire time. But yeah, I think Vegas got this one wrong.
Speaker 2: Like, well, here's the thing. Vegas and the betting public loved the Bills. They have for years. Man, Vegas and the betting public loved the Bills. I just think they're wrong. But the Bills played you know what, that's not fair. The Bills played a really good game against Tim Boyle and the Jets a few weeks ago. But since that Dolphins game in Week four when the Bills got three to one, here's what they've done. Lost to the Jags in London. Escaped against the Giants. Remember that game where the Giants got the ball down to the five yard line at the end and then they didn't call the DPI or whatever. Lost to the Patriots. Escaped against the Bucks. That's the game the Bills had sewn up. The Baker made a late comeback and then he threw the Hail Mary that Godwin didn't turn around on. Lost to the Bengals, had a mortifying loss to the Broncos. Played great against the Jets to their credit, found a way to lose against the Eagles, and then escaped against the Chiefs. Stat in the entire McDermott Josh Allen era, as long as we acknowledge the Chiefs and the Cowboys are both gonna go to the playoffs, this stat applies. The Buffalo Bills have never won games in consecutive weeks against playoff teams. Never. Now, some of that is you don't always play playoff teams, and back to back weeks, you haven't had like, you know, thirty opportunities, but it's never happened. I'll take the Cowboys to win outright, and last one.
Speaker 3: You got Jacksonville plus three and a half versus Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the Jags are at home and I'm getting three and a half, and they need the game, and Trevor will be healthier than he was last week. And Baltimore, even if they're dominating the game, Baltimore will let people back into games. Now. Lamar played awesome against the Rams. Awesome against the Rams. I give him credit. The defense didn't, but he did. But I am getting I think I think Baltimore is a little bit better than Jacksonville. I do think they are the better team, but they're on the road and they're laying three and a half. The Jags gotta have the game. The Ravens do have a game to play with in the thanks to what's happened to Miami and Kansas City. I like Jacksonville on the spot. I think Jacksonville can win the game outright if they are If I'm wrong on that and the Ravens are up big late, the Ravens like to let teams back into it. I'm getting three and a half. I'll take the Jags plus three and a half. Think Trevor will be a little bit healthier, and it's December, so I imagine we'll get the news report around, you know, like we did around this time last week, that Lamar has the flu again, and so he might not you know, he might have to miss a day of practice because he gets his you know, annual cold, because Lamar's immune system is the worst of any pro athlete I've ever seen in my life. So there's my picks for the week. Look it up, Demanda. This dude gets sick more than anyone I've ever seen in my life. Tampa plus three and a half, Giants plus six, Miami minus eight and a half, Dallas plus one and a half, Jacksonville plus three and a half, taking four dogs and one favorite that I expect to absolutely roll. We don't. I don't even know that. We have to recap your teaser from last week. It was bad in every way imaginable. You tease across the zero I told you not to. You lost on it. You tease the Niners minus four. I guess, good job, and dat and Philly. After ruining you in a teaser the exact same format the previous week, ruined you in a teaser that format the in the exact same way the next week. So what are we doing this week?
Speaker 3: All right? So this is the two hundredth episode, obviously, So for the two hundredth episode, we are going to bring an in to probably the saddest segment in our podcast history.
Speaker 2: You're quitting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this is this is the death to my teasers. I know we thought this is going to be a celebrat for the two hundredth episode, but this is probably more like a eulogy. Uh yeah, I mean two hundred has also never been important in sports. I'm gonna read you off a couple of stats. I'm actually not gonna read you off a couple of stats, abandoning that. But yeah, dude, so that that's the end of the teaser. We're done with that. Yeah, I mean, I just I can't. I mean I can't. I can't continue to do this to myself. I think that I need to. Uh, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I mean, I really Detroit.
Speaker 3: I came into this season thinking that it was gonna be light because I placed maybe like three teasers at the end of the football season last year. I'm not gonna lie. One of them hit the three, but the other two I missed a leg, like one leg.
Speaker 2: Like that's the funniest I gotta tell you. That's the funniest part of Demons's confidence coming into the year on the teasers. It was totally unearned. It's not like he had this crazy hot streak he bet I know, I remember this. He bet three. He only won one, and he was like, I've got the teaser thing down, Like, don't you worry about me. I'm like, okay, buddy, Like if you say so, I didn't. I didn't quite get it, but I listen the.
Speaker 3: Reason of the playoffs. I feel like I should get more like more of a vaguer like juice for like hitting a teaser. No.
Speaker 2: And but that's fair. And by the way, it's a shame because there is a you know what, I'm gonna take over. I'm taking over for you three team six right now, right now, three team six point teaser the Chiefs from minus eight and a half to minus two and a half in New England, the Cowboys from plus one and a half to plus seven and a half against the Bills, and the Dolphins from minus eight and a half to minus two and a half half against the Jets. Those follow every teaser rule demands, they cross every key number. We get massive value on all accounts. That teaser locked in you know what, I'll place it on your behalf as a Christmas present, the the I'll play. I'll take something that I was gonna get you for Christmas. I'm taking that money aside. I'm a place that this teaser on your behalf instead. Happy Chris, Merry Christmas, buddy.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it, Pops. I've I've got a teaser like logged in my phone.
Speaker 2: Just quit.
Speaker 3: Yeah I did, just quit, But like it's gonna be. It's gonna be that imaginary teaser versus your teaser. And it's not so imaginary, it's it's already placed. So we can we can go ahead to head on.
Speaker 2: The Okay, all right, what's.
Speaker 3: All right? So it's time for the offer, the week fifteen offer. You know, Kansas City obviously doesn't cover big spreads, but it's impossible for them to lose to the Patriots, or you would think Chiefs one Chiefs to win by one by one and six points or one through six points is plus three twenty. Do you accept that offer?
Speaker 2: No, I don't accept the offer. I think the Chiefs absolutely could blow out the Patriots. Also, this reminds me that that ridiculous call in Chiefs Bills cost me the offer from last week of plus five fifty. Who was the Chiefs to beat the Bills and it was in the tournament? God dog it. That makes it even more frustrating. Quick break right back? What we answer your questions in the chat? What's right? All right? Demanse Uh, Let's go ahead and get to some of these chat questions before I gotta go.
Speaker 3: All right, So I've got a question before the chat. Do you have a favorite moment from the last one hundred episodes of the pod? There's too many favorite moments to think of.
Speaker 2: From the last one hundred episodes of the pod. I don't have a singular one, but I really enjoy the times when, like I go on random rant and it is like you are really into it, Like when I'm making you authentically laugh and you don't know what I'm gonna say. Those are my favorite moments, like because I can see it and it kind of like encourages me. So those are my favorite moments, all right.
Speaker 3: Next a note on that. It's really funny that I see some tweets or replies to pie clips and people are like, oh, Demands's trying to haha himself into a raise. And stuff and like, oh, he's just he's laughing too hard and it's dis genuine. I promise, dude. I think I think you can actually see when it's probably a flaw of mine. But when I'm not amused, I feel like it's very obvious. So when I am laughing, it's it is genuine. I promise.
Speaker 2: Also, also, demand's been due a raise for this part for the entire time the podcast has existed. It's right around the corner, I promised Chappelle.
Speaker 3: All right, Next, Nikoach Dragina said a question for today. The season ends today. The season ends today, what moves would you want Kansas City to make for the postseason?
Speaker 2: All right? So, uh, I that's impossible to answer because I still think the Chiefs are gonna play in the super Bowl now if I'm wrong, need to be some significant moves on the offensive side of the ball. They also Lugerious Sneed and Chris Jones are pending free agents, and that's gonna be tough. But I'm I'm not doing a lot of season to go, guys. There's four weeks left. That used to be twenty five percent of the year Now it's like twenty two percent. Of the year, a lot of football left to be played, and given the Dolphins loss on Monday, I'm also still not even certain the Chiefs aren't gonna end up hosting their sixth straight AFC title game. So let's just pump the brakes on what changes need to be made, because if they are the two time defending Super Bowl champions, you probably aren't gonna want to make many changes next.
Speaker 3: Uh Tasso Markopolis has a question for me, Nicks, go to explicit explit explicitive on TV seems expletive. I've never said that word allowed. Exploitive on TV seems to be god dog it. Uh. Can you confirm that he says that in real life or is it just for TV? I can confirm he says that in real life. I've heard him. He says god dog All.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I So the thing is this, I usually I used to always say the profane version of that, but you can't say that on TV. And that's the one curse that really bothers.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Demanse's mom and so no, no, no, your mom and so I so I I just say god dog it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And so that's why.
Speaker 3: But go ahead, Michael asked Nick do you, uh, how do you suggest someone study modern poker theory?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's so funny. There is a great book called Modern Poker Theory Theory called by Michael is it asseveto hold on? Let me get it or Michael, Yeah, Michael Acevedo.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's dense, but it is discernible and if you just kind of work your way through it, that gives you the building blocks of what is modern poker theory, which again that's another podcast for another day. Whether I think some people have gotten way worse at poker by trying to implement these game theory optimal principles that they're not equipped to rather than playing the way they previously were. But if you really want to take the leap into that style of poker, that is the best book to start with, all right.
Speaker 3: Last one, Mad King Chad said hashtag ring back book club.
Speaker 2: Maybe after the NFL season, I didn't execute book club properly. I wasn't like diligent with making sure we did it. I didn't know. I need to like figure out how other people do book clubs in this format because me just like doing twenty minute recaps of the chapters is not interesting. So maybe we could do it, but I need to figure out how to better execute it. Demanse, you've done it. You did a great job for at least one hundred and fifty five of these two hundred episodes. Today was one of them. I appreciate you. You keep up the great work. Sweater looks great. Hopefully on Monday, diores here as well. She doesn't stand us up and oversleep, and everybody have a wonderful weekend. I'll see you guys on TV later today at three o'clock. On First things first, Hey, it's Nick Wright. Thank you so much for watching. Please do us a favor click subscribe. It helps my ego and Demanse's got a financial bonus writing on a number of YouTube subscribers help him out. And also click the bell. I don't know what the bell does, but they tell me to tell you to click the bell. And you're audio listeners. People that have commute strives, whatever it is, subscribe to the podcast as well. Wherever you get the podcast, same show, just you know, just in your ears instead of through your eyes. All that check it out. Appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Olfa