Speaker 1: Quiet Please with Mel Reed and Kira Dixon is an iHeart Women's Sports production in partnership with Deep Blue Sports and Entertainment. You can find us on the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Quiet Please.
Speaker 3: Kira here.
Speaker 4: Mel here.
Speaker 3: And we are living in a world, Mel, where Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are going back to the UK. Thoughts? Immediate reactions?
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm a big Harry fan. Well, was a very big Harry fan growing up. Big royal family fan. Ugh. It's a bit of a brave move though, isn't it, K-Dog? You can't just slag your family off the way they did and then come back and grovel. I don't know how they're going to do that, but tail between their legs. I don't think, from my understanding of what I'm reading in the press, is I don't think the British nation, the people of Britain, are exactly ecstatic about the news.
Speaker 3: It's just a whole bunch of drama, huh?
Speaker 2: Why is it moving back? I think they love to hate it. Why are they moving back? Is it because they've just run?
Speaker 3: Well, the stuff that I've read, and obviously this is all who knows, is that the king's health and Harry doesn't want to have missed the last years of King Charles's healthy time to spend with his grandchildren.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. It's a bit weird, is it? Families are weird though, aren't they?
Speaker 3: Especially that family.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I know. But it would be really sad to have like your immediate only sibling and you're not in a good place with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. I know.
Speaker 3: No, I agree.
Speaker 4: I hope that they can come to a place of.
Speaker 3: Being happy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, me too. But I think it's just an interesting move. I mean, I, I, I don't know. We'll see how it goes. I think that I do also think like the British press are not going to do this, but I do think they need to just like let the dust settle a little bit and just see if they're going to try and rekindle the family. I know. And that's why we love it. I know.
Speaker 3: Kate, Kate is probably like, Oh, Megan's going to be showing up.
Speaker 4: At everything now.
Speaker 5: No, I know.
Speaker 3: It was going so well.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: People are giving me standing ovations wherever I'm going in hell.
Speaker 2: This girl's back. I know. I mean, the thing is, though, like, Kate's number one in show. Kate's, like, the people's princess, really. And I shouldn't be saying that because of Diana, but she is the people's princess.
Speaker 3: Well, Kate's not trying to be famous. No, she's... Megan, like, clearly, when they came back here, she was trying to be this generation's Martha Stewart.
Speaker 5: And, uh..
Speaker 4: Then there's all these reports about her wanting to get back into acting.
Speaker 2: Which is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But I don't know. Just..
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, I think when she'd been in a skit of South Park, I mean, you know, it's not a great look, is it? Have you ever seen that skit that they were in South Park? Have you ever seen clips of it? Yeah, it's quite funny. It's like, I don't want to be famous. And then it's like, you know, I want to be private. And then they're going on all these shows and stuff. It's quite funny. So I think that if I was them, I would play it very quietly for the next... Not that I'm great at advice and stuff like this, but I would just play it quietly for the next few months and just let the dust settle and try and change the people's image a little bit if they can. But it's, yeah, it's going to be a tough mountain to climb, I'm afraid. You just can't sag off your family like that. I just don't like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not in that big public forum. I feel like the book, did you read Harry's books?
Speaker 2: I did. I did read it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, same.
Speaker 3: Love that.
Speaker 4: Maybe he'll come out with another book.
Speaker 2: I know. I can't remember any of it, but I did read it.
Speaker 3: I remember a lot of it. There's a quote in the book where Charles says, please, boys, don't make my final years a nightmare or something like that. I don't remember the exact thing, but that's got to be playing in the minds.
Speaker 2: It would be weird growing up in the royal family, though, wouldn't it? Yeah, but it would be so cool. Well, for you. Imagine the glitter. Oh, my God. Well, you would thrive. And the dresses. I would hate it. I would absolutely hate it. Getting dressed up all the time, going to functions that you don't want to be at. Like, no thanks. And like, you have to put on a face all the time. Like, no, thank you. Just want to chill and watch Netflix sometimes. You just can't really do that. And you're forced into things, aren't you? Like you're forced into that identity a little bit. Totally.
Speaker 3: And you're born into it. So you don't even have a choice. I mean, I guess you do have a choice, but the choice comes with a lot of strings attached.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I thought that it was really important to start with that breaking news.
Speaker 2: It was. I know. I know.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Listen, I mean, you know my opinion on them. It's such a shame because Harry's such a lad. But yeah, I just, I do struggle with Meghan. I do struggle with Meghan a little bit. So I'm just quite curious how the Brits will take it. I don't think they're going to take it well. We're not the most forgiving of nation. And, you know, we're not exactly the most welcoming. And, you know, if you piss us off, we kind of, that's it really. Bridges are burnt. That's it.
Speaker 4: You're on my list forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Exactly. How's life otherwise? How's Banksy boy? Banksy boy is good. He is good. Kai's great. We took Kai to the cinema for the first time yesterday.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 2: I went to see Paw Patrol. He was obsessed. He was so cute. It's quite funny, actually, because I don't know. I'm such an asshole. So I'm one of them parents that are like, never going to Disney. Like I hate Disney. It's just not for me. I'm just, it's just hell for me. And like just things like that. I just hell. But then I saw his face yesterday at the cinema and how happy he was that I'm just like, fuck. If he ever does ask me. She's going to Disney baby.
Speaker 4: She is going to, you would enjoy it.
Speaker 2: No, I hate it.
Speaker 4: I think a kid, no.
Speaker 2: I would hate it.
Speaker 3: I think a kid, a kid of the right age, like you can't bring Kai and infant banks.
Speaker 2: No, no. You'd have to just bring Kai.
Speaker 3: And you could hit all those great rides and he would, he would thrive.
Speaker 4: You don't have to be a weird Disney family.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: But so with Disney though, can you not remember the first time? Well, the only time I ever went was for Carly and her family. And we went to Harry Potter land, which actually is, it is cool.
Speaker 4: That is not Disney.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well, whatever. It's a completely different park, completely different universe. Whatever. Anyway, everyone is the same.
Speaker 4: It's not the same.
Speaker 3: They're both magical, but different objects.
Speaker 2: And everyone thought I was putting on my accent at Harry Potter Land and just kept talking to me in a British accent. And I was like, can you just piss off?
Speaker 3: I'm not that weird of a fan that I'm making up my accent.
Speaker 2: And I almost like had ones and going, and I was like, this is too much. There we go. You know what? You would have been a good Hermione. I, dude.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: You would have been fabulous. My entire personality.
Speaker 2: No, literally.
Speaker 3: My entire personality in this world is based on three characters in life. Okay.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: Hermione Granger.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Elle Woods from Lingley Bond.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 3: And Gracie Lou Freebush from Miss Congeniality.
Speaker 2: Brilliant. Okay. Just brilliant.
Speaker 3: Those three movies, those three characters have formed who you know today to be Keira K.
Speaker 6: Dixon.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Honestly, you would have smashed that.
Speaker 3: I know. If they ever have an American version and they're casting 35-year-olds... Please hit me up. Like Hermione in her next era.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly. Okay, we'll look out for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess they could just cast Emma Watson, but whatever.
Speaker 2: She doesn't want to do it, though. She's over it. She's over it. She doesn't want that to be our identity anymore, whereas we want that to be your identity. It is my identity. Apologies. Correction. So anyway, I'll probably be going to Disney in about seven or eight years. No, sooner. No.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: No, because he'll be, you've got to get him at like six or seven years old.
Speaker 2: That is enough from you, okay? That is enough.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm just telling you how it is. I'm not here to sugarcoat things.
Speaker 2: Well, I better start bloody saving because I'll tell you what, have you been to the cinema recently? Fucking hell. I better start bloody saving.
Speaker 4: You're so British.
Speaker 2: Have you been to the cinema recently?
Speaker 4: Oh my God.
Speaker 3: It's expensive, yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, no.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I, I really try and not show emotion sometimes. Like I'm trying to be better at not, not reacting some bit, obviously it's a bit sleep surprise. I'm trying not to react. It's like a thing. It's like, um, whatever, $ 10 ticket. That's fine. I expect that, especially for Paw Patrol.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, $ 10 is not crazy.
Speaker 2: It's not crazy. It's not great. It's not crazy. Um, so then we went and we got one medium popcorn. Okay, one kids combo, which is very small popcorn and literally three fruit sack things, like little, just three gummy bears, basically. A water, and Kai got water. And we got some milk duds and some M & Ms. How much do you reckon that was? 50 bucks. Literally $ 35.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: That's insane. That is insane.
Speaker 4: I don't know, maybe living in San Francisco is just..
Speaker 3: Conditioned me to think that things like that are not that big of a, like, that's not insane.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 7: But it is insane it's objectively insane like i do not remember going to like the cinema on a Friday night with your mates and it was like it was like seven dollars for everything like a ticket popcorn milkshake.
Speaker 2: And some sweets you know i mean yeah The world's got mad, Kira. So anyway, so it cost me $ 70. And then Carly got upset with me. So I was bitching about it for the first 10 minutes. And she was like, well, you just shut up. Like he's, look at him. He's loving it. He's happy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: With every penny.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I, she's like, you know, so I got bollocking for that. So.
Speaker 4: Where was Banks during this time? Did Banks go to Paw Patrol?
Speaker 2: Yeah. He just slept on Carly. Really?
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know. That's amazing. He just put some things on him. So he just can hang there and then. he's got a bit of a cold that's actually kind of brilliant yeah so we just put him strapped him to her and then just put some headphones on the cold dark room yeah it's amazing he loved it he loved it yeah he wanted the boo for the last 10 minutes and that was.
Speaker 4: It worth the 70 bucks well we did.
Speaker 2: Get the reclining seats as well so that was that is an absolute must for a kids film for a kids film it's a must I did a lot of online shopping during Paw Patrol.
Speaker 3: It was great I was like mummy focus I know I know How about you?
Speaker 2: How was your weekend?
Speaker 3: I was working. Oh, shit.
Speaker 2: Of course you were. How was it?
Speaker 3: You know, I would say working a PGA Tour event for a week in the heat at 32 weeks pregnant is not for the week.
Speaker 2: But I did it.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of myself.
Speaker 2: You did it. Can I also say the content of you eating stuff, like Sonic. First of all, I love it. I think Carly loves it even more because that is her spirit animal. is just Carly loves fast food content.
Speaker 3: Well, I, that was, um, I think it was a Friday.
Speaker 4: I was so tired and all, and it was really hot and humid that day.
Speaker 3: And I'm, I think I've said it on the podcast that I've really been obsessed with cold fruity drinks. And I have been a watermelon slush from Sonic girly since I was a kid. And I just, all of a sudden the idea popped in my head or no, I had driven past a Sonic and I was like, Oh my gosh, And I've just been thinking about it and obsessing over it. So finally that Friday after I was finished with work, I was like, I'm going to get myself a watermelon slush. But I don't really like any of the other food at Sonic except for their mozzarella sticks.
Speaker 2: So I was like, okay, perfect.
Speaker 3: I'll get a watermelon slush and a small mozzarella stick just to like tide me over. And then I'll go across the street to Chick-fil-A and I'll get my eight count nugget that I drench in buffalo sauce. So it's like my little buffalo wings and dip them in ranch, get a side of pickles and a mac and cheese.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's like a balanced meal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty good. That's a good effort.
Speaker 3: Especially because we can't eat like lettuce and blueberries anymore because everything has salmonella and E. coli and everything is going to give you explosive diarrhea. So I can't be having that as a pregnant lady. So it's, you know what's never going to give me explosive diarrhea? An eight count nugget.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: Or it better not.
Speaker 2: No, it just won't. It just won't.
Speaker 3: It's just, yeah. If anything, it's making my stomach stronger. So that was great. So I posted that video. And then, of course, the people of St. Louis were just like, oh, my gosh, there's all these amazing local places that are not fast food chains that you should go to. So I ended up going to this place called Ted Drew's, which is an ice cream custard.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had a custard ice cream?
Speaker 3: No. It's like really fine.
Speaker 4: Thick.
Speaker 2: It must be thick.
Speaker 3: Oh, my God. I was like, okay, I'll go and just try it. I'll have a couple bites of it. And that's enough for me. I slammed this thing. It was the top three best cold things I've ever put in my mouth. It was so fantastic.
Speaker 2: Wow. So shout out to Andrews.
Speaker 3: And then the other place I went was called the High Point Drive-In. Do you know what a chopped cheese is? Have you ever had a chopped cheese?
Speaker 5: Nope.
Speaker 2: No clue what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: It's a very New York bodega thing. So it's basically like ground beef or like a hamburger patty that's been chopped up really fine. And then they melt American cheese over that. So it's like a Philly cheese steak. Or it doesn't have to be American cheese, but like, you know, the type of cheese that you would put on a Philly cheese steak. So instead of sliced steak, it's hamburger patty meat, basically. And then they put that in a hoagie, like a Subway type of thing.
Speaker 2: Stop doing this.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: It's a long piece of bread. Oh my God.
Speaker 2: Okay. Just letting you know.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: Whatever. It was delicious.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it was. It sounds great. Sounds good. So basically your highlight was food this week.
Speaker 3: I had to make it my highlight. I just needed some extra morale.
Speaker 2: Good for you. Also, I had a toasted ravioli.
Speaker 4: You know, St.
Speaker 2: Louis, who knew?
Speaker 3: No, St.
Speaker 2: Louis is good for food. All the food shows I watch, St. Louis is bomb for food.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I didn't know that it was such a culinary destination. So I'm sorry I haven't put more respect on your name. So on any of the listeners in St. Louis, I see you and I hear you.
Speaker 4: But the golf was cool.
Speaker 3: So should we, I guess, talk about the golf?
Speaker 2: I mean, we probably should.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of it. There's actually, we have sneaky a lot to talk about this week. Okay. So, um, that was the second playoff event, the BMW championship. So the top 50 and the FedEx cup standings made it to the BMW championship and making it to the top 50 is a big deal on the PGA tour because it means that you've qualified into all the signature events next season.
Speaker 4: Like your status is set.
Speaker 3: You're good. So even if you don't make it to the tour championship, it's really like you really want to make the top 50 and then the the people that make it to the tour championship, then they have the opportunity to play for a $ 40 million purse and you're in all the majors and there's some extra bonuses and stuff, but it's not as consequential to like being able to control your season the following year. Um, Wyndham Clark was our winner. We thought we were going to have a real battle between Wyndham and Rory coming down the stretch. They were tied. It was like, okay, is this a Ryder cup situation actually turned into a really cool golf tournament.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it did. Did you watch any of it? I did watch it. So, yeah, Wyndham had a five-shot lead, I think, going into Sunday, from what I can recall. Yeah. And then all tied up and then just birdied the last three to clinch it. Yeah. Listen, you've got to give it to Wyndham, haven't you? Like, he is a resilient little bugger.
Speaker 3: Well, people were still yelling, get in the bunker, all day.
Speaker 4: He was getting so much stick.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I know. And honestly, like, that's his third win this year. He's up for Player of the Year. For sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I wanted to ask you about this. Between him and Scotty.
Speaker 3: And I guess Matt Fitzpatrick, who would be your player of the year?
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is the problem that I have with player of the year, is that I think, well, this is my opinion.
Speaker 3: The players vote on this too, so that people have the context. So you as a player, I'm interested in what you would vote for.
Speaker 2: It's a really difficult one, because I think, Scotty, even though he's probably not notched up as many wins as he would have liked, he's still had a phenomenal season. Matt Fitzpatrick has had the best season of his career with three wins and eight top tens or something ridiculous. And then you've got Wyndham, who has won the US Open and then won two other times. He's won big events as well. And so, I don't know. I feel... I'm just going to put it out there. Like my heart is saying Max Fitzpatrick because I just, he's British, right? So I'm trying to take that aside now. You can't vote for him because he's British. I know. So I'm moving that aside. I'm being honest. I'm being honest. Okay, so move that aside.
Speaker 3: Tommy Fleet was probably sitting there, well, I got to vote for the lad, don't I? Exactly.
Speaker 2: I've got to vote for my mate. Honestly, I'm going to give it to Wyndham. And I'll tell you why, because as we just spoke about, the absolute shit he has to deal with week in and week out of, Just the heckling. And like, I think like he's now kind of become a little bit of the villain on the, like he's definitely not as much villainy as like a Patrick Reed or something like that. But for some reason, the fans just haven't warmed to him. They've got a little bit better, I think, since the US Open. There are reasons. I know there's reasons, but I don't know. I still like, I don't know. I don't know. He doesn't help himself. I know that. But I think that the way that he does come through after all that resilience, you've got to hand it to him. Whether you like the guy or not, you've got to hand it to him.
Speaker 3: He would be my player of the year as well. Actually, you know who would be my player of the year, setting all this aside, is Gary Woodland.
Speaker 2: I know, I know. His interview with Amanda was amazing as well. Every interview is just so... He must be exhausted. Every interview he does is just so moving and like... The fact that he.
Speaker 3: Keeps putting himself out there where most people... Anybody that has PTSD, that's not something that.
Speaker 4: You just can function through normally. It is constantly there.
Speaker 3: It is constantly something you have to be thinking about managing, whatever, and that manifests itself in so many different ways. So for the guy to not only show up but play lights out and contend to win on the PGA Tour and also have won earlier this season, I just– And make.
Speaker 2: The tour championship. And make it to the tour championship. Yeah, exactly. Exactly.
Speaker 3: It's beyond, like, I don't think that anyone will ever truly understand what it's taken for him to do that. Like, it's so, so beyond any accomplishment that like Wyndham or Scottie whoever could ever probably imagine for themselves. Yeah.
Speaker 4: As far as that goes, he would be the heart's pick.
Speaker 2: Well, let's do that then. Let's say, me and you, let's say Gary Woodland because at the end of the day, we're talking about resilience. That, I'm sorry, overshadows anything that the rest of the guys have done.
Speaker 3: I mean, that overshadows somebody yelling, get in the bunker to Wyndham.
Speaker 6: Exactly, exactly.
Speaker 3: So like, yeah, cry about it.
Speaker 2: Right, so we vote Gary Woodland.
Speaker 3: We vote Gary Woodland. But in reality, I would probably agree on the Wyndham front because winning a major and a playoff event Um, and then that third event as well, I think it was the Charles Schwab or colonial.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it the CJ cup.
Speaker 4: Whatever, something in Texas. He wants something in Texas.
Speaker 2: Uh, okay.
Speaker 3: So a few funny things from the week, um, Windham yesterday before his final round, he is walking out to go to the first tee and I'm sitting in the interview tent for the early golf channel coverage.
Speaker 4: Amanda comes in because she's about to take over for CBS. And, you know, we've been talking about the.
Speaker 3: Baby all week and blah, blah, blah.
Speaker 4: And at that moment, the baby was really kicking. And she was like, oh, my God, I want to feel it.
Speaker 3: So she put both her hands on my stomach, crouched down and was yelling at my stomach. I'm Auntie Mandy. You are going to love me. I'm picking you up from parties that you're not allowed to. I will always say like, you know, she's like doing this. We're having like a funny moment. And at that exact moment, Wyndham walks by and sees Amanda crouched down, two hands on my stomach, screaming at my belly.
Speaker 2: And I go, hey, Wyndham.
Speaker 3: After the round, okay, he wins the, He comes over for his interview with me and I'm about to start. He goes, so what were you and Amanda doing earlier today? I was like, oh my God, I can't believe you A, remember that after what you just did and B, I have no idea what I was going to say to you now.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's so funny. That's so funny. I was like, don't worry about it. Don't just leave it. It's a girl chat. It's none of your business. It's a girl chat. Okay, piss off. Oh, that's funny. That's funny.
Speaker 3: So that was good. And then one of my favorite animals in this world is some of the old golf riders that sit around the meeting center and just complain.
Speaker 2: Oh, my God.
Speaker 3: These old guys, they just sit around and they, like, work each other up about any little thing that the broadcast says.
Speaker 2: Like, well, that's not true.
Speaker 3: You can't be passed over for a Ryder Cup spot. You just didn't get a Ryder Cup spot. Like, why would he say it like that? Da-da-da-da-da. Or, you know, just no creativity with these guys in their hands. Everything's just scripted these days. Da-da-da-da-da. And they're just going on and on in circles and dancing. big upping each other yeah you're right and i just want to turn around and be like shut up just write your little story and be done with it yeah i know you guys are all sitting around and complaining about everything.
Speaker 2: Oh my god oh that's so funny but i also love it like i love the listening in on it of course of course it's just such a unique unique golf niche thing yeah They also hate the online people now, don't they? Do you know what I mean? The people that have all their content online, the really good golf writers nowadays, it's just modern day golf content.
Speaker 3: The old school writers are giving so much shit to the writers that are writing, but they're also, because you kind of have to be a more forward-facing personality to get your content out there. So a lot of these writers will also present their stories on Instagram and like as a talking to camera thing. And the, the old school writers.
Speaker 4: Are just, they think that that's such a cop out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would never do. What are you trying to be like?
Speaker 2: So funny. So that, that was great. Oh.
Speaker 3: And the last thing is, is that Wyndham with his win, he officially is on the United States president's cup team. So he went from number seven in the standings to, to number three in the top six are automatic qualifiers. And he bumped young Ben Griffin out of the automatic qualifiers. I know.
Speaker 4: So we'll see if he gets a pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, even his president's cut this year, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Medina.
Speaker 2: Yes. Okay.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: That'd be fun. That'd be fun. I mean, America, we're going to win.
Speaker 4: It'd be fun if not America won. I know I shouldn't say that, but.
Speaker 2: Should be a mixed event.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: It should be a mixed event. We've talked about this.
Speaker 3: It obviously needs to be a mixed event because then the internationals would actually stand a chance of winning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they would kill it. Well, not kill it, but it would be a lot more competitive, I would say, if the women got involved.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The LPGA.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: Take it away. Okay.
Speaker 2: This week, Canada. Canada. God, I love the Canadian Open. It's so much fun. Like, honestly, the fans are, I think, I don't know if I've spoke about this before, but the fans are just incredible. Obviously, Brooke Henderson's brigade are there, like, just the biggest fan base you've ever seen in your life. She's obviously a national treasure there. But, yeah. Yamashita.
Speaker 4: Miyu Yamashita.
Speaker 2: Did she win by, like, nine or something?
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: Nine shots. She was wire to wire. Minus 23. So, just... absurd uh golf this is now her fourth win and the one thing that's really cool about her well this is a fact really about her she's like one of the um shortest on tour hitters she's at like 235 oh I thought.
Speaker 4: You were meaning like like stature.
Speaker 2: Well, she is as well. She's 4'11. She's a small girl, yeah. She's tiny. But, oh, my God, is she a baller. Yeah. So, yeah, I mean, just absolutely dominant, wire to wire. I mean, made an absolute statement, to be quite honest with you. So that's just the way the LPGA is going. We've got just, I just, like, every single week, like, just thank God I'm not out there, to be honest, trying to play. And I'm going to give a shout-out as well to Kiara Romero. obviously just turned pro. She gave a really good showing until the last day. She shot 75, but my God, she's going to be a superstar. I'm telling you now.
Speaker 3: So she got her, her card through the, I guess the, I.
Speaker 2: Forget what it's called. The PGA Tour U.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do they call it?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: What do they call it?
Speaker 2: Um, I do know what they call it. My mind's gone blind, but.
Speaker 3: The LPGA's version of the PGA Tour U program, where if you get a certain amount of points based on like cuts made in professional events or starts in majors or whatever that you could, uh, become a professional instead of go straight to the LPGA instead of having to go through the usual mini tours, Epsom tour, feeder stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And where did I, where did I interview her? It might be KPMG she came on the desk. I think it might've been, I dunno. I feel like we've had a lot of young stars come, obviously come through in the last few years, like, you know, Roseanne, you know, players like that, that really like Lottie Wode. Yeah. I mean, there's a lot where you're like, you're going to be really good, you know. Ah, Chiara, she's just different. I don't know what it is. There is an aura about her and like confidence about her. She's got a star quality. She's got, she is the full, like everyone said Moe Zhang was the full package and I didn't disagree at all. Like I would agree, but there was something there that I didn't almost felt like she was quite ready or not quite comfortable in her own skin yet to like really move mountains. Chiara is, like she is going to be an absolute, I think superstar. Like I really do. And her sister obviously might come out as well in the near future, in the next couple of years as well. Her sister's pretty darn good as well. So I would watch out for that space, but not to take away from her.
Speaker 4: Watch this space.
Speaker 2: Yamashita did, but I mean, just incredible stuff from her. Yamashita, just ridiculous, stupid. And I'm glad I'm on this side of things now and not trying to compete against players like her.
Speaker 3: And that's why we have a podcast.
Speaker 2: And that's why we do broadcasts and podcasts. That's why I talk shit for a living instead of playing shit. So make more money. Yeah, exactly. Missing cuts and paying people still. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The United States Soulbind Cup team has been announced. So I'm going to go and read off the names plus the three captains picks and you tell me your thoughts. Okay. Okay. So the United States Solheim Cup team, which will be facing off against Mel's heroes, are Nellie Korda, Angel Yin, Jennifer Kupcho, Austin Kim, Lynn Nino, Lauren Coughlin, Alison Corpuz, Andrea Lee, Allison Lee, and then the three captains' picks are Lindy Duncan, Megan Kang, and Rose Zhang.
Speaker 4: Thoughts, questions, concerns?
Speaker 2: Look, it's a great team. I think every single year we... On paper, I feel like the Europeans are probably not quite as strong. I feel like it's probably going to be the same situation this year. But it's always going to be very difficult for an American side to come over and play on European soil. We can see that in the Ryder Cup as well. Can you hear Banksy crying? Can you hear him screaming his tits off?
Speaker 3: Did you go do something about that? No, no.
Speaker 2: Carly's got him.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Bless Carly. I mean I can't do anything I mean nothing comes out me so.
Speaker 4: Yeah you could be like it's okay he's hungry.
Speaker 2: He's yeah I do that he's okay he's got a bit of a cold bless him he's got a bit of a cold um bit of a stuffy nose probably because Kai snuzzles him whenever he gets the opportunity to and I'm like Kai's.
Speaker 4: Please don't kiss his face.
Speaker 2: I know, but then you're like, he's being really cute. So like, you don't want to make him uncomfortable. So it's just, anyway, back to the US team. Listen, it's always going to be a strong side. I think it's going to be a fantastic matchup. Look, I think Linny Duncan, 100% deserved to pick. I think that she deserves it. I think that she has earned it. And it's going to be really fun to see her on that team. It's just, I don't know, it makes your heart warm whenever Lindy Duncan does something well. Roseanne, she got a little bit injured, but apparently Angela's not worried about that at all in the next couple of weeks. So that's a good sign. Not great for Europeans if Roseanne is healthy, because obviously she's very good. Megan Kang, I knew that she was probably going to be a pick because she's just got that personality. Like you need her in the team.
Speaker 3: Hype woman.
Speaker 2: She is the hype woman.
Speaker 4: She's the Justin Thomas of the Solon Cup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, 100%.
Speaker 3: 100%.
Speaker 2: A hundred percent. And she kills it at Solheim. But yeah, it's great. I think the other players that I'm kind of looking at, Alison Lee, I think that's incredible that she's been able to get in the Solheim Cup. It's crazy. I know, straight after having Levi, yeah. You know, some 18 months ago. So again, incredible feat. Again, somebody who thoroughly deserves it has worked her ass off. And it's always fun when, you know, a mum gets on the team like this because it's just incredibly difficult to do it anyway without having... a little bed bear relying on you. So it's going to be fun. It's going to be really fun. Um, like I said, I think it's always difficult on a way soil. I think that we've got a really good connection in our team, but they've got good connections in their team. They've got good friendships, good kind of partnerships already. We've got a good mixture of veterans and rookies. And so, yeah, a lot of that's on this team. Yeah.
Speaker 3: How many captain's picks to the euros get do cool. How do you guys decide that? Like, is that a tradition thing?
Speaker 4: Like, why do the Euros have four and the US has three?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's weird.
Speaker 4: And then the men do it differently too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we used to get two. We used to get two picks.
Speaker 3: I guess you could, if you're just making a team, like you can do whatever you want, right?
Speaker 2: You can do whatever you want, yeah.
Speaker 4: But I'm always just curious how.
Speaker 2: That gets decided. I think it's because of COVID. And I think it was something with COVID or something with lack of events in Europe. So obviously we get some European qualifiers to qualify from Europe. It used to be four. or something like that. But when they start to lose events a few years ago, basically the captains were like, look, I need more picks and less people qualifying through Europe because there's not as many opportunities. Yeah. And so you see what I'm saying? So there'll be girls that maybe have played 15 events in two years. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it was kind of a lopsided or skewed rankings where..
Speaker 2: The third and fourth automatic qualifier from Europe was not necessarily, I hate saying the word weak, but probably would not have got in if there was only two different circumstances you know what i mean like it's different circumstances so but yeah it's all a bit confusing it's changed a couple times so i get a bit confused by it but i know it's coming up quick isn't it brian literally texted me this morning like holy shit in two weeks time we'll be in i'm like yeah i know i can't believe it's already in two weeks i know it's two weeks yeah oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Is somebody gonna come and stay with carly while you're gone Yeah.
Speaker 2: My mother-in-law. Cause her whole family are coming for labor day. Like literally pretty much the whole family are coming. Um, and her mom is gonna stay.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: That's for the week. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's nice. Perfect. So she'll have lots of help. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: She'll have some help, but, um, yeah, it's going to be, yeah, it's exciting. It's going to be good. It's going to be, and I, and I know Chris has sent us some pictures from, uh, the golf course, the one that we're playing out and it's, uh, Bernadus, yeah. It's not Bernadus. Well, whatever. It's the same thing. It's Bernardus. Bernardus. Okay, sorry. I don't say it with an accent.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it with an accent.
Speaker 3: It's just..
Speaker 2: Okay, well then.
Speaker 4: There's also a resort in Carmel called Bernardus.
Speaker 3: It's very nice. I've been there before.
Speaker 2: This is a beautiful place as well. I'm very excited to go. It looks phenomenal. Anyway, the Capitan has been sending photos and it looks stunning. So I'm very excited. Very excited.
Speaker 3: Oh my God.
Speaker 2: It's so good. So good.
Speaker 4: You can't make it up.
Speaker 3: Okay. I have a few quick topics for us to run through, and then you can go and check on your screaming child.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Okay.
Speaker 2: So number one, Rory told me.
Speaker 3: That he has built himself a traveling wellness trailer. He got inspired by Justin Rose after he won Memphis last year. But Rory's trailer is like Justin's on crack. So he's got a massive trailer. trailer that travels with him that some man drives around and it's got a full gym a kitchen uh red light therapy sauna cold plunge um like all of his crap um and it just gets dragged around everywhere with.
Speaker 2: Him it was crap yeah whatever i don't.
Speaker 3: Know whatever these people travel with um And it's like his, his own recovery trailer. So the PGA tour does provide a lot of these things, but not for, not for Rory. And I was like, Rory, you got to start sending, or you got to start selling memberships to this thing. The most exclusive gym on wheels. Maybe I'll consider it for some of the, the team Europe guys.
Speaker 2: There we go. There we go.
Speaker 4: Start paying a membership to use the Rory wellness trailer.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, it's the way that they're going. I know it's the way they're going. I mean, I actually spoke to Justin. I think we've talked about this, but I spoke to Justin Rose about this. We're doing an Amazon AWS, sorry, golf day in December. And he was talking about his wellness thing. He was like, I think we're always going to do it. But literally, as you said, I think it's going to be mine on crack.
Speaker 3: It's a great use of money.
Speaker 4: That's a great way.
Speaker 2: Do you know how fun that would be to build that?
Speaker 3: Oh, amazing.
Speaker 2: Like, it would be so fun.
Speaker 5: Like, we..
Speaker 2: I don't know. Like we have a gym in our house and I loved like doing that, but there's, oh my God, I would love to add other things. I just don't have the space or the money.
Speaker 3: So we don't have anywhere near, we could, we could do everything possible to try and pull our resources.
Speaker 4: We know, even if we put every last penny.
Speaker 3: No, there's no way.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: I mean, nothing was paying the guy to drive.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: Imagine being that guy. Yeah. I know.
Speaker 3: I was like, I have so many questions. where does he stay? Does he get to live on the trailer? Does he have to stay in a hotel?
Speaker 2: That's a good point. Is he putting him up in the ritz every week? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Does he switch off with somebody else?
Speaker 2: Is he there when you're working out?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like, do you have to chat? Does he use the kitchen?
Speaker 4: Does he use the bathroom?
Speaker 3: Like, his name's probably Craig or something like, hey, Craig, I'm going to go get in my red light sauna.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Exactly. Like, does he live in the trailer? Yeah. That's a bunch of questions that we need Rory to answer, to be honest. So next time you see him, Ask him that. We need to talk through.
Speaker 3: The logistics of that. But anyway, I thought that was pretty cool. Oh, live Indianapolis. The end of live 1.0, at least they canceled their season ending championship event in Michigan. So this ended up being the last event of their season for individual play, team play, whatever. And it was that kind of some random golf course in Indiana. And they get to choose walkout music and Tyrell Hatton, Being the little..
Speaker 2: The little... Legend. Hobbit that he is. Legend that he is. He picked, I.
Speaker 3: Want to break free. As his walkout song. So I think Tyrell might.
Speaker 2: Be leaving live.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: I would say so. And also when they won the... Whatever, Legion, whatever the name.
Speaker 4: Legion 13, I think.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: The Jon Ron team.
Speaker 2: The Jon Ron team. He could not have gaffed. less of a shit being on that one to be fair there was only about 15 people celebrating.
Speaker 3: Oh on the stage yeah I saw that video he.
Speaker 2: Wanted to leave he literally just went and just pissed off he's a legend he.
Speaker 7: Started to do the champagne and he just he just pissed off yeah.
Speaker 2: And then he got interviewed and he was like and they're like well you don't seem you know you're not really giving he says I just want to get to the airport I just I want to get my flight.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to get to the British Masters bye yeah bye um yeah look I mean it's not looking great is it the league i mean it's not looking great at all it's a bit of a sad scene and uh.
Speaker 2: But listen these boys have made gazillion so whatever if they don't have to play golf again they don't play golf again but surely someone like john ram and tyrell and you know bryce and maybe i don't know we've talked about it but surely they want to still be competitive and play i mean.
Speaker 3: Surely yeah for sure yeah i just don't know where they will be competitive and play um If anybody out there needs a good read today that sums things up well and also gives you a giggle, Alan Shipnick did a good piece for Scratch of his dispatch from being there.
Speaker 4: And it was quite a dystopian scene.
Speaker 3: And he included all these funny quotes and just kind of reminds us of, you know, the lore of all of this from Greg Norman to the lawsuits to Taylor Gooch.
Speaker 4: Saying that Rory has an asterisk next to his.
Speaker 3: Master's win and like some other crazy stuff so anywho um watch this space.
Speaker 2: Yeah to be continued to be continued.
Speaker 3: Maybe we'll see what ends up happening if they file for bankruptcy, if they have an investor come in.
Speaker 4: It'll be fascinating to watch.
Speaker 2: Can even buy the rings for them from that famous jeweler for the end of the season. They can get their little Super Bowl rings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Apparently because they didn't pay for them last time.
Speaker 2: Well, that would probably do it. They owe the jeweler. That would probably do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no more rented out private 747s.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: No more six figures spent on just wine.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sad.
Speaker 2: Sad. I don't know how they're going to survive.
Speaker 3: I know. Tough.
Speaker 2: Anyway, moving on. Last thing.
Speaker 3: Last thing I had that I had.
Speaker 4: And then if you have something to bring up.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 4: But did you see the good, good Callaway ad?
Speaker 2: Oh, my God. Okay, this is the last thing we're talking about. Oh, my God.
Speaker 3: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Kira, like, are they fucking stupid?
Speaker 3: The amount of people that probably would have had to approve this..
Speaker 2: Okay, this is my... Exactly. Okay, carry on, please. Because this is..
Speaker 3: No, no, go for it.
Speaker 2: Go for it.
Speaker 3: How did this even get out?
Speaker 4: Well, let's set it up first.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go.
Speaker 4: So if you don't know what we're talking about, you can look it up on Reddit, YouTube, whatever.
Speaker 3: GoodGood, which is a golf creator YouTube sensation, put out an ad in collaboration with Callaway advertising this driver. And in it, there's video imagery of... the main guy from good, good pushing one of the female creators in a really aggressive way. And it's basically depicting like violence against women. Um, and then there's, he's trying to like defend people from touching the driver is the concept.
Speaker 4: And they're trying to present it in this cheeky way.
Speaker 3: And then, uh, one of the other good, good male creators touches the driver, but doesn't get pushed. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Very interesting execution. Um, I can see.
Speaker 3: So to, to just back up a little bit, like I can see where the idea originated from in terms of probably who they know their audience to be and how things have landed via their YouTube audience, but trying to take that and like clearly missing on the concept and then branding it for like a massive commercial with a huge club, a blue chip brand. is not those two things are not the same. It's not the same audience. It's not the same, you know, whatever. So, um, so that part is weird.
Speaker 4: And then also obviously the violence aspect is really problematic.
Speaker 5: So, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, back to your point there, like how has this been approved from like probably four or five different stages and people? it's just, I don't know. I just think in this day and age, you just can't do stuff like that. We can't do this in general. Like it's a bit, it was uncomfortable to watch. I thought it was going to be like, Oh, everyone's being sensitive again. Like blah, blah, blah. No, it's, I don't like it. I think that, um, it's not a great look. I thought their apology was a little bit weak as well. And I like, I like the good guys. I think they do really good stuff for golf. Like my, you know, my nephews are obsessed with them. Um, again, the reason why they got into golf, but it's just weird.
Speaker 4: Like these guys, I think get into this bro-y echo chamber.
Speaker 2: It just gets so fucking annoying, Kira, because you like, you like try and make these steps, like make it a bit more comfortable for women. And like, they have no idea like how, like how much harder we have to work to get like, I don't know. And I'm not trying to say like, woe is or anything, but it isn't comfortable for women to get into golf. Like it is difficult to constantly fight for inclusion. It is difficult. And, You think that you're getting somewhere with these guys and then they do something like that. And I'm sure that that might not be their opinion on, you know, I'm sure they just messed up and, you know, this and that, but it's not a great look. And it's just frustrating that yet again, things like that get made.
Speaker 4: That not a single person in the room was like, ah, this is a bit awkward.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And like to give them credit, they've, they've, they now have the good, good girls. Like one of the girl that, that was pushed over, she's part of that, the female content creator group, but they're clearly trying.
Speaker 4: To make investments in pushing female golf content forward.
Speaker 2: I understand. And that's what I mean. That's what, but again, it's just the respect, isn't it? It's just like you take two steps forward and then they just, you know, that's kind of how it feels like.
Speaker 3: It's like, is this what you guys really think at the end of the day?
Speaker 2: Or are you just ticking a box? Like, do you know what I'm saying? Like, are you just, and so that's just the constant battle that, like we have to always fight and it's just frustrating that we always have to fight it and it's just I don't know I listen they did send an apology I thought the apology was a little bit weak.
Speaker 6: Um yeah I'm still shocked it got as far as it did yeah it was just some BS yeah and listen I'm gonna give the guys benefit the doubt that I'm you know I think they just effed up but it's not that they don't actually yes think that about disrespect yeah uh treatment towards women however however Let's just make it a hard and fast rule that we're not going to depict the violence of women to sell golf.
Speaker 3: Clubs moving forward.
Speaker 2: I mean, my God. I mean, it's just..
Speaker 3: It's just insane.
Speaker 2: It's just why women need to rule the world, you know? I know.
Speaker 3: We just..
Speaker 2: We would never do anything that stupid. But there's just so many more creative ways of doing it.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I know. Especially for them. They've made their entire... Entire..
Speaker 3: Brand on doing creative and fun and interesting new things that are completely different in the world of golf do that don't do this whatever this crap.
Speaker 2: Is yeah i mean i like the boys but i didn't like this at all i thought it was i thought it was bad form i thought it was just like here we go again you know what i mean it was kind of like that like here we go like.
Speaker 3: Yeah i i kind of had a disappointing like uh yeah it was just frustrating it's just like oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly we're back exactly here.
Speaker 4: We are Yeah.
Speaker 3: Here we are.
Speaker 2: And then everyone's like, well, women are so sensitive. I'm like, no, bro. Like, it's just, oh my God. Like, no, it's not about that.
Speaker 7: Sorry.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I am going to be sensitive about that. I apologize for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. But it's not, it's not even, it is that, but it's not even just about that. It's just like, what? Like, when is it okay to push really anyone over? But like, especially a man to a woman. I don't know. I just don't like it. And in such an aggressive way.
Speaker 4: And the sound that she makes when she falls is like legitimate.
Speaker 2: It's just weird. It's, yeah, not good.
Speaker 3: It was just quite odd.
Speaker 2: So, Anyways, don't do it again.
Speaker 3: That was a big double bogey.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yes.
Speaker 3: Don't do it again.
Speaker 2: That was a triple bogey.
Speaker 4: We don't like, yeah, that was a sad face on the card.
Speaker 2: Did not finish the whole. No, that was, yes. Really bad. That was a DQ.
Speaker 3: DQ.
Speaker 2: A DFL. Oh, no, that's even better. No, not a DQ. A DFL.
Speaker 3: A DFL.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So please don't do it again.
Speaker 5: We told them.
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am. Yes, we did.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's your shush of the week now?
Speaker 2: My shush of the week. It's not really a shush of the week, but it is. You've been grocery shopping at like 7 a.m. It's fucking brilliant.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that's not in the spirit of the shush of the week.
Speaker 2: Okay. But that does sound lovely. Okay, don't go grocery shopping at 5 p.m. on a Thursday.
Speaker 3: That's the shush.
Speaker 2: That's the shush. Go over and I did on Sunday morning at 7 o'clock. because I need to get banks of medicine but me and Kai got distracted and we were in the store for an hour that's lovely yeah we got Kai loves shopping but he doesn't like pick things out so he's quite well behaved so it's so much fun because Carly hates it there's so much to look at like I literally at 7am I was like right let's go and get the medicine then we got distracted and we went to the fishing aisle and then we got distracted again and went to the garden aisle and then we went to the clothes aisle so he he was we were having a day Is that like Target or something? Well, we've got like a super Walmart in Arrows. So I didn't like buy anything, but I bought medicine. And just, I threw in some bits and bobs like Tiger Balm and random shit we don't need. You've got to get a Tiger Balm. Bluey plasters. Bluey band-aids. I don't know why. I bought some tape for my hand. My hand's not even hurt. But just in case.
Speaker 4: In case you decide to go crazy on the range.
Speaker 1: It's harmony.
Speaker 2: It's harmony. I can't even do it. I'm like, I'm fucking out. so anyhow so yeah so I'm a big fan of this um okay don't go at 5pm don't go at 5pm and then I took him to Costco so then I dropped all the stuff off and then I was like right we need some meat oh Kira I did the best beef uh Sunday roast yesterday of my life I did the best beef of my life yesterday it was so good it was just like it was Christian I'd seared it on the outside and then I so cooked it and it was perfectly pink in the middle I mean, just melted in your mouth. It was, it was, but then I forgot the gravy. And so don't, it's quite traumatizing. Actually. I had to, I don't know what I just, I really messed up the gravy because I didn't have any gravy granules. So I thought I could do it a different way. And Kai asked me what the water was on my plate, which was probably the most offensive thing he's ever said to me.
Speaker 3: So rude.
Speaker 2: And then he tries to put his water on.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 2: And like, that's probably, there's a few offensive things you can say to a Brit, but saying they have watery gravy. is probably up there in the top three. And so when my own son, who I've slaved four hours making him dinner, which he doesn't even eat, is then going, why do I have water on my plate? Was pretty offensive. So, yeah.
Speaker 3: Do better, Mel.
Speaker 2: Well, you should see my order today. I ordered... i'm going to send you a picture i ordered for last night i ordered eight bistro gravy granule i ordered eight of them so now i won't run out till christmas.
Speaker 5: Is this like gravy powder granules i don't.
Speaker 2: I don't speak okay it's sensational okay is this a british thing yeah it's amazing it's the best gravy you'll ever have so anyway I did a great Sunday roast but anyway this is my shush that we don't go food shopping 5pm on a Thursday go 7am on a Sunday morning it's the best okay and I had his pyjamas and brown sandals on which to be fair cute was well yeah it's kind of the decor that time of the morning in a grocery shopping isn't it and at Walmart so he kind of bit right in so okay go What's yours?
Speaker 3: Well, um, when you're eight months pregnant out in public, uh, you're just a beacon for people wanting to chat and listen, I, everybody's so sweet and so supportive and asking really nice questions, but I, I did just kind of get to the point where I wanted to, I saw a girl on Tik TOK do this.
Speaker 4: Uh, just put a bunch of post-it notes on my stomach that said.
Speaker 2: I'm eight months.
Speaker 3: Um, it's a, this is the gender. I'm not saying it publicly. I'm saying it to people that are asking me in person. So I'm not going to say here, but it's this, um, uh, this is my due date. Um, yes, I'm feeling good.
Speaker 2: Uh, yes.
Speaker 3: Sleeping is hard. And just walk around like that. And it's so sweet because people go, Oh yeah. People just, they, they care, but it's also, they don't know what else to say or do.
Speaker 2: Um, Do you think they're nicer to you? I always found people were nice. Oh yeah. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: They're rushing to help me put my bag up in the plane. I love that shit. You know, I love attention.
Speaker 3: So people are like bringing me sweet treats. And I was, I had gone up to the, uh, to get some water from in the media center cooler and they had just run out of water.
Speaker 4: And I was like, maybe I should ask somebody.
Speaker 3: And just like somebody had seen me maybe looking around a little bit and this guy just ran and.
Speaker 2: Was like, I'm the hug.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I mean, everybody, everybody was, was very supportive. However, nice. I, uh, I chat for a living, right? Like our jobs are to, to talk to these guys and to gather information and all of that. So when I'm, also chatting outside of my allotted chat time. It just, it's a bit, it can be hard.
Speaker 2: So I'm very with you on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So that, that was a tough thing. Um, but it was very sweet and very nice.
Speaker 3: And I still, I can't believe that I am like, I don't have another flight booked currently to anywhere. I've been, I think we've probably said this, but I, but I'll say it again is that I've been traveling consistently since I was Miss America, other than the pandemic. And the idea of not having that in my life right now is so freeing, but disorienting and weird.
Speaker 2: It is quite weird. It's like, I've even said, he was, I think it was my sister the other day. I was like, I'm kind of ready, but I'm not ready to get back on the road. Like I'm not ready to leave my family, but I'm ready to kind of get back and get my normal routine going.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Cause it's normal for us.
Speaker 2: I know it's weird though, isn't it? It's weird because I love being at home, but I'm like, it just doesn't, I just, I feel like a piece of me is missing. So I'm not traveling all the time.
Speaker 3: I know, but like there's most people just have a routine at home.
Speaker 2: No, I know. I can do that. I can be cool and have a routine. You're going to do Pilates, church Pilates a lot.
Speaker 3: I probably won't do church Pilates before the baby comes anymore because there's just a lot of movements in the class that are a little like they, I need to be, I need to adjust for, what my abs and body can do. And the instructor, I don't think is hands-on enough or knows enough to be able to safely help me do that. So it's just, and I feel like I'm just, it's an expensive class. So I just feel like I'm not getting as much out of it as I should be. I do have a PT that come, that's going to be coming to my house and working with me. She's already come once.
Speaker 2: I'm actually getting a PT. I'm meeting her tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I have a PT that I'm meeting tomorrow. Well, look at us.
Speaker 4: Just responsible for taking care of their bodies.
Speaker 2: Honestly.
Speaker 3: Honestly. What time is your appointment?
Speaker 2: 1.45.
Speaker 4: Mine's at 3.30, but still.
Speaker 2: Still pretty similar.
Speaker 3: The last funny thing that I had was my PGA Tour credential that was hanging around my neck. Just all of a sudden, in the middle of a conversation with somebody, started to jump up and down from the baby from the baby that's amazing.
Speaker 8: Don't mind that just just ignore it yeah thank you um okay anywho uh this was a good episode look i feel like we cut we covered a lot of great stuff.
Speaker 2: We did a lot went on the world didn't it it really did.
Speaker 3: All right in the world in our lives okay and we put we've put a lot of things to write today didn't we We told them.
Speaker 2: We told them.
Speaker 3: DFL.
Speaker 2: Naughty boys.
Speaker 3: Okay. All right. Bye.
Speaker 2: See you next week.
Speaker 3: Bye-bye.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to Quiet Please. We'll be back next week with more golf haps.
Speaker 3: And we want to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts and tell us what you want to talk about.
Speaker 4: It just might be the topic of our next show.
Speaker 1: Quiet Please is hosted by Mel Reed and Kira Dixon.
Speaker 4: Our executive producer is Jesse Katz.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Grace Fuse.
Speaker 4: Our producer is Jonathan Kerma.
Speaker 2: Listen to Quiet Please on America's number one podcast network, iHeart. Open your free iHeart app and search Quiet Please with Mel Reed and Kira Dixon and start listening.