Speaker 1: Yo, what's up?
Speaker 2: You're off in God's Country with Reed and is also known as the Brothers Hunt, where we take a weekly drive to the intersection of country music and the great out those two things that go together, like being a poor boy and having poor boy ways, or having an old sweed eater that your dad bought at a yard cell and having to use ether to start it.
Speaker 1: Brought to you by meat Eater and.
Speaker 2: M M feels so good morning sing along if you know what.
Speaker 1: It feels so good on Monday.
Speaker 2: Baby Spontsmen shown No babes Koma.
Speaker 1: Spontsmen shown down.
Speaker 2: Baby long Days, old big nights. These boots built to the last.
Speaker 3: When it comes to the east feet, old boots are in the past.
Speaker 2: Couse to come sponsorman the show down, Baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, beat it out now, Ray Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like like George Clinton. Yeah, P funky yeah, P funky stuff.
Speaker 1: We'd love you to Covis.
Speaker 2: Thanks for still sponsoring, still rapping, still putting boots on our feet.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it. Good four episodes. They don't have a.
Speaker 2: Choice, Uh, Chase Matthew, Good guys, Nashville Kid, that's sweet.
Speaker 1: Going and raised dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah man, sweet guy, he's uh, he's touring the world with Keith Urban, he's got a new album out, got songs on the radio going top ten. Just put his dad on the rhyming with him. His dad's lifelong dreams to play you know, some shows of the rhymen and.
Speaker 1: And just put his dad on the show. So that's sick, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I may have a little special guest appearance through the own little special voice appearance.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Man, that guy just strikes me as like happy to be here. Man, I'm just happy to be getting the opportunity. He wants to use this platform for good and I got I got mad love for somebody.
Speaker 1: Like me too.
Speaker 2: Man, you're gonna enjoy this one. Stick around. He does a couple of things for the grave. It's cool. You'll enjoy it. Hey, we love you, We appreciate you, Thanks for favor.
Speaker 1: We got roasted. Oh yeah, we get roasted. I forgot about this part. Build in weak Streams is the title of this from Michigan. Hello fill the weak streams.
Speaker 2: Couple dudes with crazy boob, sweat and voice is not quite good enough to get record deals talk about other people's successful while daydreaming of having Walling in church On to talk about getting there want to be outdoor content in the next fielding stream? Got it? Five stars stars, Dude, that's what I'm talking about. Ray, That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Even he said boob sweat. Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, man, I definitely don't catch myself daydream about having Morgan Walling in church on to talk about getting their outdoor content in the next Fielding Street.
Speaker 1: I definitely is that is that? Is that Maxidine? Still? Is it in publication now?
Speaker 2: They just read they revamped it. I definitely don't want a record deal either me neither. I feel like Michigan Hello.
Speaker 1: Doesn't know us, maybe not doesn't listen.
Speaker 2: I don't care because he left us or that's what that's what they are, that's what they're supposed to do. Yeah, thanks for them us five Stars crazy boobs sweat like our boobs crazy?
Speaker 1: Or is the sweat crazy or my my boobs don't sweat. My name's sweating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they definitely don't sweat. That guy's comment for sure. Step it up, cats, geez, that's weak. Appreciate the five Stars. Keep on roasting us, might get shouted out on the pod. Go go follow us. On Facebook, Instagram, TikTok go check out the YouTube.
Speaker 1: Y'all got to do better than that.
Speaker 2: Uh, we love y'all. We appreciate you. Ray give us a random sound three of them that was.
Speaker 1: Like a combo. Thanks, peace out, Thanks for hanging out with.
Speaker 4: I got book teeth, brother, if I if I burn.
Speaker 1: My book teeth, we'll know about it. You ever burn your teeth? It happened you. There's nerve behind your teeth. Speed. We need to be speed.
Speaker 2: Wait, gilly gat, Okay, let's get into yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, hang on, how you burn your teeth?
Speaker 1: That you might have? Ship, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Mine a whole lot bigger than your. So it's easy to easy to burn them.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So you just if the coffee is too hot, don't burn your teeth. You're making this, but.
Speaker 4: It sounds funny, Yeah, mad song about it burning teeth.
Speaker 2: I was about to say something about, well, I might be burning this one because it's tingling all the something.
Speaker 1: Coffee got your boy burning man.
Speaker 2: We got platinum songs singing big truck Driving and Mechanic and amassing one point for billion with the b global career streams raised in Music City recently selling out the hometown venue the rhyme, and we got mister Chase Matthew out and.
Speaker 1: Gods, God's cut your baby. Yeah we're here man.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you so much, thanks for coming to That was a great like engine rev like thanks, Yeah, what is your phone?
Speaker 2: We heard that was actually give it to him, Give around the foss. Oh he's on the keys in here.
Speaker 1: He's getting tricky on on the ones and two tricky. Right.
Speaker 3: Sometimes there might be a sound effect that may or may not fit what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Let's hear the let's hear your engine. Let's hear your big truck. Wait, big truck driving. I have a specific engine that I want to see if he can, like guess, okay, all right, just by you doing?
Speaker 1: You think I'm that good at it?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Pretty good? Uh?
Speaker 4: A three fifty with two cylinders down?
Speaker 1: Please say vortex? Yeah that's yeah. Have been a TV I what it sounds like?
Speaker 6: More?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean it sounds sounded like you had a Tennessee Bureau piston land, But we'll fix did you say, Christen Land?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Cracked piston Land? Where where where your piston ring?
Speaker 1: Ladies?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: But you gotta get it. That's that's a lot of money's not.
Speaker 3: Man, You know, somewhere in the midst of like learning stuff, just motors just didn't come our way, man, I.
Speaker 1: Mean boat motors, small engine motors. Motors are the hardest thing to work on. See, I feel like they're the easiest.
Speaker 4: No, you're well, maybe like an old Murder Johnson.
Speaker 2: Like any of you ever worked on a boat, like on Dad's on Dad's venture and stuff like we worked on his boataters doing what I'm saying. Gosh, I'm saying, go to the car. We had to clean the cars on them. We had to open the car up poor a little gas in, leave it halfway open so it still gets air to figure out where the where it's losing fuel at.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: That's a great instrument that what you met at because that's about minds, a little inside what you had that inside ball today. And I'm i gotta go last because it's gonna it's probably going into a conversation. Cool, cool, what you mean? Just tell us what it is? What you meant, is it your in lost kids, my bee bass man, or your neighbor's cat.
Speaker 1: Just tell us what you mad oh, you did a little wiki. That was smooth. Thanks nice. I wrote that on the way. We tried to do little ditties throughout the show Man. That's pretty cool. Man. Here's what I'm mad at, bro. I'll go first. I'm mad at you don't want to offer the guests to go for now. It's about me today. We'll hear it. So my kids.
Speaker 3: I usually am grabbing about my kids being awake all through the night. Well, they slept in their bed all night last night. But my sixteen week old puppy decided it would just throw up in the kettle. Oh at three fifteen of the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh man, a dog throw up too.
Speaker 2: Like when you said my sixteen year old puppy threw up, I heard sixteen year old puppy sixteen week old. When you said that, I heard it had like this yeah, oh yeah, I know it's coming. Yeah, it's like a.
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 2: And it doesn't yeah, it doesn't like it's not like it's like for a second you have that like my dog hurt.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh yeah, my dog.
Speaker 1: Is like twelve years old, probably almost thirteen years old. He's old guy.
Speaker 4: And every once in a while to get the hacking, but you don't know if he's gonna if he's like, because if you can't see him, you're wondering, like, is he just barking in his sleep, because you know they make that kind of that same like and then you like yeah, and then he just goes full full vomit, and then it's yeah.
Speaker 2: So I get a dog. Dogs it doesn't look like our vomit either. It's like usually when they it's just like it's like what they ate.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it looks crazy.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: Now my dog ate a whole summer sausage one day when we were gone, Like I'm talking red like a red wax and everything. Oh dude, it look like crap.
Speaker 1: Every time. It was terrible, and it smelled God.
Speaker 3: Off a minute, I feel like it smells worse than ours. Oh yeah, it smells anyway, why are we talking so.
Speaker 1: Much about it?
Speaker 2: So I got about it too, I got it out, but it I couldn't go back to sleep, you know, because you do the full cleaning, right like I have to do the full cleaning. So by this time, it's like three fifty and I lay down just like staring at the ceiling. So I'm like, well, maybe I should just scroll on TikTok or Instagram for forty five hours, you know, until the sun comes up, and then you happen and then you always and you always fall asleep right when it's like twenty minutes from time to swear you to be awake.
Speaker 1: You know, it's the best way to go to sleep.
Speaker 4: And then it's just like might even go to slap it makes even more sleepy.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. And so today I feel like I'm I'm walking around hazy and this is this is. I have two things to prove it. One, while I was in the shop, I did like a you know how you have like your like clean up showers, then you have your like for real showers. Now you like scrub everything and like shave and maybe you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It sounds like the quick guysh you shave before you get in the shower. No, I'm in the I'm in the shower. You shave in the shower. Yeah, don't.
Speaker 2: I just don't understand that I can go by feet like a mirror in your shower. I feel, dude, I know exactly how to line it. Usually, I mean sometimes I check. It's a talent people who's shaving the shower, and people who brush their teeth in the shower.
Speaker 1: Kind of weird.
Speaker 4: Man, I don't brush my teeth brush your teeth in the shower. Yeah, there's something wrong with y'all.
Speaker 1: I don't know what.
Speaker 2: People don't either toothbrush and toothpastely in the shower.
Speaker 1: This is how I know I'm off. They must be brushing just their teeth. Brother, I don't know. That's weird. That's weird. So I go to deep clean. I go deep clean. That's what I call it. This is the deep clean shower.
Speaker 3: Shows like this is like like short shower, deep clean, like deep clean.
Speaker 2: She's like, okay, I'll get the baking all my showers. It takes a little bit longer. So I go with like conditioner to condition my hair, you know, And as soon as I put it on.
Speaker 1: My hand, I went like this and I was like, oh, slimmy arm pits.
Speaker 2: This one, just this one, just the right one. So then I get in the car and I got a protein shake. I mean, I got my prote born and my cell phone and I went to plug up my not all the way, but I was like grabbed my cable and.
Speaker 1: I was like you went to plug up your protein. J Yeah, man, more protein in it to put a charge on it. I guess that's awesome. That's why I'm mad.
Speaker 3: I'm mad at my dog throwing up and just messing up the end. And we're only a couple hours end of the day.
Speaker 1: Quick quick clean thing. Uh.
Speaker 2: I Jordan just recently found out that I washed my face with shampoo. She's I was like, man, when I'm in the shower talking, when I was like, when I was showered, I just you know, I was like, when I washed my face.
Speaker 1: It feels dry.
Speaker 2: And she's like, yeah, because you're washing your face with shampoo.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So she got me like, I just I just wanted you're not supposed to watch the face with shampoo.
Speaker 4: I used to do that thing too, Yeah, and just got your nose and like yeah.
Speaker 2: And so she was like she was I'm gonna get you some face stuff. So one night I'm going in there to put my contacts or take my contacts out, and I see two bottles of one says face cleanser and then one says moisturizer. And she's like, you need some moisturizer put on your face. So I was like Okay, I just kind of started using them as I didn't read the instructure or anything.
Speaker 1: Last night I put her. The other night, I put face.
Speaker 2: Cleanser on and I like put it on, and she was like, are you gonna wash that off? And I was like, what is like face lotion? She was like, that's soap. So like for the past two weeks, I've just been putting soap on my face and not washing it off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about you clean his face? Award clean his face? Award goes.
Speaker 1: So you know what, I think.
Speaker 4: I'm mad at the fact that you can line up your facial hair without a mirror. I'm new to the facial hair game, so I just recently started growing mine out.
Speaker 2: See that's crazy years on you. I mean I've been shaving. I was like seven, so I just seven on the jump start. Well, all right, it is the first time you shaved.
Speaker 1: How old were you? Do you remember? M I don't know, but I do remember.
Speaker 4: I had a like, like a really cheap razor, and because I was again new to this, and I didn't realize I needed like, you know, some sort of barbarasol or something, you know, like and so I was just going at it and man, I tell you, it was like it tickled, you know, but then also like, well you know what I mean, It's like yeah, so uh and then I definitely paid for it for the next three days with raizor burn.
Speaker 2: On the faces that rais the got yourn got your look? Your keep doing that?
Speaker 1: My what you're mad at?
Speaker 2: And this can lead into a conversation because I know you're all about this is the first time you try to start a lawnmower when it's mowing season.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, after it's been sitting all year.
Speaker 2: I was going through it yesterday, full start or electric start now skagged turf tiger dogs, brattery gone.
Speaker 1: So I didn't have one of those growing up.
Speaker 4: We you know us either we had to figure out we had to well, I mean, it was electric start, but you'd have to get the screwdriver over there and cross out the ceiling with that's right, that's right. But hey, every once in a while, so.
Speaker 2: I took, I took, I took the battery back, got a new battery, turned the other one, and got the court charge back.
Speaker 1: Brought it just joke nothing. I'm like, man, it's usually usually cranks right up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at the few I look, and I guy, I was like, maybe I can need gas, don't need gas? Gas is still in there? Which which, like, I mean, is that considered old gas?
Speaker 4: I mean, it definitely can if it's sits in like like condensation, if it's sitting outdoors, I mean, that could be part of it. But most of the time, I just which this is not a paid promotion, I throw some lucas oil, and if it's been sitting in a while, I throw some lucashole like high octane booster or like a color. I wouldn't do like a small engine. I mean, as much as fuel stabilizers good and like cars, I wouldn't do it in like a seafower, like, no, don't sea foam. But you definitely ain't starting it if you ain't got it running yet. Could you imagine that? Oh, man, just throw some seafoam in it before you even get running. Man, you would clog every single pore of that engine. But yeah, yeah, throw some arts. I'll bring you some. I'll bring you some. You got it running yet?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Hell no, oh, just to the address on the way.
Speaker 4: I ordered some some some like oh we can't say that word, Oh we can't. Oh no, you don't got to cut it out. But it's just you know, we'll turkey gobble over it. You can't do that one turkey go.
Speaker 2: Cuss words, get turkey goll no man family friendly round here. I took all the fuel lines off, change the fuel filter. I did all that, pumped them all out, and I still just can't it. Just like it's pumped them all out. We'll just like blew them all out. Like I just like cleared the lines.
Speaker 1: Is it like a new lawnmower.
Speaker 2: It's probably it's probably twenty ten, so it's probably.
Speaker 4: Not feel injected. It's probably carburetor. Probably, Yeah, you might just have some junk in the carburetor. Take that thing off, get your air compressor out and you're some I don't know, i's a carb cleaner or ether and just spray it all out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll bring the box toys. Brother, we'll get it done. And how do you know how to do all this stuff? So? I was a ATV.
Speaker 4: Mechanic for six years.
Speaker 1: I need a c V joint? Colin, what is it?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 2: A two thousand and five four fifty players sports?
Speaker 1: Got you? Nice? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can. I can help you with that. How horrobably got parts for it. How harder breaks to put on a like Hunger Recon. God, I knew you were going to say that. Really hate those drum breaks. They're terrible. I just had a Recon two fifty and uh and well, I guess the Recon two fifty, the four tracks three hundred, five hundred, Yeah, the rebecond five hundred, those are kind of those aren't as bad as the front or disc breaks unless it's the older one.
Speaker 1: Six. I think that's a split year.
Speaker 3: So you know what people are telling me that they're not that they can't put breaks on anything with fifteen years or older.
Speaker 4: I'm like, dude, they're lying to you, but you just gotta put breakage because nobody likes they have drum breaks all the way around, because they don't want to do They're terrible.
Speaker 1: They're so hard.
Speaker 4: But it's hydraulic drum breaks, so it's like it's just a weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's no fun, Okay, but I'll do it. Yeah, you ain't got what, you ain't got time. We can do it together. It'd be fun. We can make an episode out of it in the shop.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've talked about this yet but I killed me and my one and a half year old coming down. You talk about this at this Yeah, four wheeler bro breaks went out coming off of a ridge on what literally my sportsman, Oh yeah, just out and so I'm literally well they went out and I had to go back up. And then when I was when I was reversing, I was trying to throw it in, uh and like Ford real quick to get it to engage just a little bit hit neutral.
Speaker 1: And it never and I went down that it was starting to chattering, no breaks, Wow, it was. It was. It was intense. Let's fix that, dude, come on, see Jordan, it can be done.
Speaker 4: That's his wife by the way. Sorry, oh I don't know. Yeah, we can fix it. It won't ever happen again. You let me get my hands on it. But yeah, that's how I learned, uh, just growing up your day like just yeah dad, do your dad had garage? My dad always poor boys got poor boy ways you know. And that was kind of always our slogan, which sounds like a song. Maybe we should write.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should or make a game about it this podcast, because I feel like we're going to Yeah, you're.
Speaker 4: Going we got we got, we got plans. Okay, well yeah, it's uh, that's a lot I learned. I just I got old. My first car was a ninety five Jeep Cherokee and it had a broke off motor mount and I kind of just started there. But we always, like you know, had junk four wheelers. We had like a bunch of those Chinese four wheelers laying around you like the knockoff Hondas and stuff, and like they were always breaking down. We were having to rewild a armed tabs on and its just like all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 2: So is your dad, Like it's like our dad cannot pass up a deal, Like it doesn't matter what it is, we'll have. He's got he's got four boats, he's got three Johns, are kidding?
Speaker 1: We have the SAME's your dad, dude. And then he's got three or four four wheelers. He's got a couple of every single so well, every one of them needs one thing done to it. The thing's done to it, and I can get it run, I can sell it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's literally exactly how my dad was. And he would like he worked at a grocery store too. He was like the the meat man, the the the butcher, b.
Speaker 1: Kidding.
Speaker 4: Wow, what a small world. We're like all similar. But yeah, he would like meet people you know, like that and be but ended up being buddies with everybody and they would like, you know, he hook everybody up. So he's friends with everyone in town. So anytime somebody had something to sell, they call Rocky and he would spread the word or let he'd let him put a flyer up in front of the the uh you know, the the meat department. But uh, but yeah, we always kind of had a garage full of broken crap and if I wanted to ride something, I had.
Speaker 1: To fix it.
Speaker 4: And eventually I started doing it myself, stop waiting for dad and watched what he did, and then I kind of ran with it.
Speaker 1: And now he calls me when something's broke.
Speaker 4: He literally has like four boats, no joke, though he's got a Last year, I bought him a trytoon for his birthday, but it was like a pre owned trytoon. He's like, oh, we don't need to go get no new one. You know I know a guy. Yeah, he goes to Arizona, gets this tryton, brings it back.
Speaker 1: Right, this is oppony story. What's back? Where's he bringing it back to New Mexico.
Speaker 4: He lives out in New Mexico, so uh, he goes out to Arizona, gets this trytoon from one of my buddies brother or my brother's buddies, and brings it back to New Mexico, gets it up and running. It's got an old Mercury one twenty five on it, and uh, he's like, oh yeah, man, it runs.
Speaker 1: Good Son. He only took it out on the lake once. He didn't tell me.
Speaker 4: This, So I'm excited, and I'm like excited for him because you know, he always wanted a Tryton because he's had these old four cylinder you know, wrinkers and all this stuff. So so we get out on the lake and we get out to this fishing spot and it's running great. I'm like, you know, cool man, you do the interior, it'll be a nice boat.
Speaker 1: Throw a line out to the engine. I'm just curious. Mercury had two stroke. And uh.
Speaker 4: So we're out there and uh it's it's a nice day until it ain't. And then, like the story, and so out there always the wind. It's so flat, so when storms come in, they come in quick. It's like Florida, like when a when a storm hits, it's quick, but it's in and out on top of you. Dude. It went from a nice day to a bad day. And I start looking at I'm like, Dad, you know, maybe we should go back to the marina and get some food.
Speaker 1: Like a storm, yeah, it doesn't start. Doesn't start a million time lake childhood.
Speaker 4: And my Dad's like, oh man, we just need to swap the battery out, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, swat the battery. It's cranking fine.
Speaker 4: He's like, no, no, it's supposed crank way faster and that okay. So we swapped batteries. Well, that battery is dead. The other one's barely got any juice left in it.
Speaker 1: You got to figure it out, and you only got so many quick.
Speaker 4: At this point, the wind sitting in it starts raining and we don't. The wind is then took us to the other side of the lake. I done jumped out of the water, off the boat into the water. I got the top off the the engine. I'm trying to try everything I can. And again, I don't know a whole lot about outboards, but I know how an engine functions, and uh. And so it's me and my dad my brother and my uncle, and they're all like, man, what should we do. I'm like, well, I don't know. Should we call somebody? Well, there's no phone service. Yeah, it's a Sunday. There's nobody on the lake because it's raining.
Speaker 1: Dude, this is my childhood, childa. This is what happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's part of it. But eventually, I don't remember what we did to get it going. I think the actually, I think the pump bubble was had like a dry rock crack in it because it had been sitting for so long, and so when it would build pressure, it would start shooting out of there. But the pump lived underneath the like underneath this like panel where the gas tank was. And yeah, so I told my dad, was like, so you mean to tell me you didn't flush this gas tank out? Saman sitting for.
Speaker 1: Two years under pissed off at you. Yeah, that's what I'm mad about still to this day. Actually, yeah, we made it back, do we.
Speaker 2: Pickwick's got some of Pickwick Lake down in west and see where we're from. We grew up in Rivertown River rats Man of Tennessee. Tennessee River runs through it. Pickwick's one of the best like ledge bass fishing rivers. Tennessee River chain is one of the best ledge fishing, especially Kentucky Lake that you can find nice. So like there's a couple of weeks about a month in the summer where those those fish just pile up on those ledges and just eat bait. Those bait balls get down there and they just crush and it's I mean just hundreds, if not thousands of bass on these ledges. So you can go out there and find them with your graft, throw into them, run a crap bait, a big worm or whatever and wear them out and it is some of the most fun fishing ever and you can catch like big fish. So me and Dan were planning this trip dude to go back home to Pickwick for the first time in years to and it was like that month or were a couple of weeks where you can go catch them on the ledge.
Speaker 1: Get on top inverg just saying sure go.
Speaker 3: So because our childhood is riddled with trips that were ended quickly, I say to read, hey, man, let's make sure we got everything lined up so no mistakes, because now we've got kids, but we ain't got time to go down there. Like hang out for four days. It's like you got to go do the thing.
Speaker 1: Bam bam.
Speaker 3: Get back right. He's like, dude, we got it. We're locked in. We cranked it at the house. It's all good. It's all good. So I'm like, all right, let's go. Tomorrow's the time. Let's get it done. Go bam, we go. Spend the night.
Speaker 2: We go, spend the night. Take it to the deer camp. Spend the night at deer camp. It was about twenty minutes from the lake. Get up super early. I'm talking about like cracking dawn. Get We're like, we're like, man, I'm about to go catch some fish, Like.
Speaker 1: This is a big boy fish. It's gonna be the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, roll out there, take get it off the the ramp.
Speaker 1: Back, you know, back, don't don't just use the trolling motor. Go to the boat. Dan jumps in off the ramp. We get out there, start floating out. Can't. I'm like, I'm like, it's okay.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 1: You gotta you know, pump the friday and throw it a little bit. Can't. Can't. It's like there's no way, dude, go back there. He's like it craked yesterday. It crakedday. Yeah, same thing. Try to hit the bull bulb? Want rot hard?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, no, not right hard, just it's got off and always had had a hole in it, like a dry ride.
Speaker 4: That's we should have one of those, Like every boat should come with an extra one in the glove box or like oiled up so it doesn't you.
Speaker 1: Know, dry rot. You know.
Speaker 2: So we ended up just trolling around that cove. When we fished for about two hours and caught two or three. We got back to the dock and there was a guy pulling out already at like eight thirty, you know, nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: So we couldn't make it to the ledges. I was like, I was, I had to do it.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh dude, he's like best day of fishing I've ever had in my life. He's terrible. Is I called a seven? I called a five?
Speaker 1: Agent can get up them legs? You'll go hit him.
Speaker 2: It's always so we can't. It's always something. It's always something. Yeah what did uh? What did the outdoors look like for you growing up? You did you spend much time out on Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you know, probably until I was I didn't really spend much time outside. Like I grew up in a hallow really in White Creek, Tennessee. Yeah, and so off a lifting pike and some of the best hunting ever there. The sad part is I never got to hunt much there. I wasn't really interested in hunting. Honestly. I'm never really been like a big hunter. I've always been the guy that's more into the the gearhead, dirt bikes, four wheelers, and you know, stuff like that. But I definitely I've been turkey hunting. I've been deer hunting. Never killed a turkey. That's probably another thing I'm still mad about it. It was a big dude, nice Tom nice toppened down there in whites Creek. So I lived at a dead end road. It's called Ingram Road. And I've never told anybody this on camera, So y'all don't go harassed nobody on Ingram Road, all right, But but yeah, that's where I really grew up from the age of probably like eight or nine. My dad married someone and and so we moved there to that area. But but yeah, that's where I kind of found my roots for I guess country music music in general, and the outdoors. You know, we had a creek that ran right down through there, and we had a bigger creek down at the end of the road. Would ride the foelers down there and go sink them and like back to the Honda as. I'd take many Hondas.
Speaker 2: They're much better on a four other than creek riding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. I love fun.
Speaker 4: And it's it's even more fun when you got an old one that that like has got like a redneck PVC pipe snorkel kid on it. You know, if you sink it, then oh well you pull it out, you pull the spark plug, and you're back at it again, you know.
Speaker 1: See that's that's what we were calling on. He was just trying to tell a turkey.
Speaker 4: Story, so tell us oh yeah, yeah. So so this was my first time ever in the woods. We were sitting at the base of a tree and uh me and this guy named Brandon that you hunt regularly up there, and so I told him. I was like, I've never been turkey hunting, you know, and he's like, well, one day, I'll take you.
Speaker 1: One day.
Speaker 4: He literally walks in my bedroom scared the absolute crap out of me because he's this big bearded dude and every time I saw me look different time beforehand he didn't have a beard and so I mean he was clean shaved. Well, he wants in my room. I was like, yo, like that the caveman in my room? What the heck? And and he's on camo and and it's dark because we're waiting on the sunny come up. Terrifying and so he drags me out of my room and he's like, come on, let's go and uh and so we go and he's spraying me down with this stuff and I'm like, man, this smells terrible.
Speaker 1: He goes, oh, yeah, realized darp. Like what. He's like, yeah, it kills the scent man, You're good. Like, I'm like what? And so uh go to turkey hunt.
Speaker 4: That was my first time learning about hunting, and I was probably like eleven and uh.
Speaker 1: So we get out in the woods.
Speaker 4: We're sitting at the base of this tree and he's like, he's like, oh, so here comes a few of them. So there's a few times coming through there and they're like, you know, obviously chasing what they're looking for. And uh and he goes he's like, wait for these right here. We don't want to shoot these right here, and this dude had a muzzle lover bro a muzzle like a massive like, and I'm thinking to myself, and I've seen him shoot this gun before, and so this whole time, I'm scared he's gonna make.
Speaker 1: Me shoot the thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm like, I'm not gonna pass it up, you know, And so but uh, I never he ended up telling me, like, you know, don't go for it, don't go for that one. Like there's definitely some better ones coming hut here all the time, like just trust me. And I wanted to shoot the first thing I saw moving and so yeah, we didn't. I didn't end up shooting anything because nothing better came. So, but I wish I would have. I wish I would have. I wish I would have broke my my eleven year old shoulder on that musclad.
Speaker 1: That would have been a good day, wouldn't it. Black smoke a turkey, I'm crazy, I'm with it. I don't even think that was legal. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I know he got busted for uh by the game board for something at one point too.
Speaker 1: For like.
Speaker 2: Mus letter, if you wanted to, yeah, I feel like you would blow usually blow a turkey apart with it.
Speaker 1: I mean I think you can.
Speaker 3: I think they make like specific shot that kind of spreads, so it's not like, yeah, right, I'm wrong, But I don't know if you shoot him primitively, I don't know why you couldn't shoot him with the mouslam. Yeah I didn't say his last name, but no kidding like the balls or what is it limit statue limitation, there's still size of the game boards don't go to I guess, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well they can't go anywhere now, all right, geez, so look you uh.
Speaker 4: Your drummer played some drums, yeah, a little bit. So I played drums in the youth band growing up. That's kind of how I, I guess, built up what do you call it, your stage that got rid of my stage fright, played in the youth band there, and then played a youth band in another church, and then I got a like little recording set up and kind of like started producing songs, learning how to produce music and write my own songs and produce my own songs. So that's kind of like, yeah, I've learned to play drums by my kind of taught myself, but I played I had like a little tiny green drum set that I still have to this day. I was like a year or two old and my dad bought it for me, And so when I was really young, I was playing like like the simple one two three four on the drums and my dad playing on guitar, and he, like I guess he probably had a dream that one day I would be his drummer of his band at a young age. But I ended up being the drummer of my own band some days on stage, so really, yeah, I played live. Yeah, every once in a while, get it crazy here and I'll get one of the guys that come up and sing a song, and then I'll play a drum suit.
Speaker 1: Fun. It's a lot of fun. Give me a little vocal break and yeah, yeah, sure, did you? I can't.
Speaker 3: I remember the first time I saw you was in uh was the iHeart Thing. We came to a couple of years ago or last year or whenever that was, and I think you played Did you play that name?
Speaker 1: Was that in Texas? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think you did. Yeah, that was a good day. We had a few technical difficulties, but a lot you were hot, hot and rain and it was weird sweat. That's almost almost as bad as putting conditions on your armpits.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm still click. Yeah, he slipped all day. What uh?
Speaker 2: What age were you when you when you started doing that, like started started recording and got your recording set up, and yeah, I got.
Speaker 4: My first laptop. It was like a little a Sus laptop and uh, I don't know, I was probably fourteen fifteen. Uh, And then I had like a little USB microphone, little Samson Audio USB mike.
Speaker 1: And I was trying to do that.
Speaker 4: But before that, I was trying to record songs through a little Zoom camera. It's called a not by the company like Zoom Meetings, but it was called it's a brand called Zoom. And it was a three hundred and sixty degree camera that had a three hundred and sixty or not three and six agree camera, but three hundred sixty to microphone on the top of it. And so I would get the computer speakers, like just right with a karaoke track on YouTube, and then I'd be on this side, so it would be stereo after I converted it, like because you could convert it from three sixty had like it's weird format to stereo, and then it would put my vocal right in the center of the mix. So it was not great, but it was like really bad YouTube covers of like.
Speaker 1: Justin Bieber, like all kind of stuff like anything like.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 4: One could know, Okay, I like that, that might be a good remix.
Speaker 1: We might have to follow up on that one.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, really crappy YouTube over is it turned into a better and better song and turn into today.
Speaker 1: That's wunny.
Speaker 2: We my first I called it my first EP. There's a picture of us and my parents upstairs, our childhood bedroom, and we got one of those little like four track four track you know, plug ins, and Dan's got an acoustic and he's like working the thing and I'm sitting there like on the mic and the microphone.
Speaker 1: Is an old I don't even know. I don't even know. It was like a sure like a fifty eight fifty eight y. I brought it from the church, oh yeah. And then and then there was no there was no screen on it.
Speaker 2: So we got some of mama's pantyhose probably and wrapped it around the hangars.
Speaker 1: We put around here like this like singing into it. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, which is a good segment. I think I mean that that feels like a couple of poor boys doing doing poor boy ways.
Speaker 1: Man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So we uh we saw you saying I love that saying, by the way, which is so true, so true.
Speaker 1: But I think you've you've seen me say that before we saw we and Bobby Bones Bone. So it's a perfect like because that.
Speaker 2: Is everything had like a trick to it or you had to know a certain way. So I Jordan came up with this this game, which is really smart, but it's like, let's talk about the most poor boy.
Speaker 1: Being poor boy way got poor boy ways to.
Speaker 3: Make something like I can remember specifically, there's a weed eater we have. I'm sorry, my dad bought a weed eater that we weed eated yards with and you had to keep a can of starter fluid or just yeah.
Speaker 1: Without it.
Speaker 3: So you had to literally have a screwdriver, a can of ether, and like I'm talking about maybe like a shot glass full of gas. So because once you got it going, you had to you had to.
Speaker 1: Keep it fet the whole time.
Speaker 2: You had to have the screen opening off the car bo dude, you had just hit it with ether and then when it would you have five seconds and then you had just had to filter that gas into that car.
Speaker 1: And then it would start and then you get it gone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then it would just die randomly to do it again started all over. It's crazy. Yeah, can you think of Oh yeah, for sure. We had a few of those. I Uh, one time I put an engine off of a little forty nine cc two stroke off of a pocket bike. I put it on a little electric razor scooter and the chain size was the same exact size, stroking and everything, so it worked out. So I was like trying to weld. I was trying to weld like like flat metal. Like again, I was by myself. I was like fifteen sixteen, trying to weld this this flat iron to this round metal. Anyways, the welder stopped working, and uh, I found this like guy on YouTube that was like you can use this and like you could rig up your wire feed welder to like to like, I'm so glad I didn't do it. That's probably a bad example because I didn't end up doing it because I probably would have shocked myself. So he was like showing how you can melt and like braze with a welder, but it was on short like basically it wouldn't have worked for what I was trying to do. But I started to modify a welder, and my dad come home and what the hell are you doing? That's a Miller welder, brother, That thing costs more money, like it was.
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 4: I got whooping that day for sure. But yeah, but I mean back to the weed eater thing. Yeah, I've had many days where I had to rig something up to make it run right, or just not even run right, but just running enough to have fun with it. Never had fun weed eating, though I got. I got many arguments where I didn't want to weed eat, but I had.
Speaker 1: To till this day. I hate weed eating. It's no fading.
Speaker 4: Unless you got one of those massive like they got so many attachments now for weed eaters that make it. Yeah, but they even got like the wheels that go on the end of them. Now they got metal blades like in all Commune. You could chop down trees with those things nowadays ankles or angels, snakes, yeah, and dogs anklos dogs legs. I remember specifically one time though, I took some some of the same copper wire right I took. I took some copper wire in my battery terminal cable. I jumped off this four wheeler. I had one of the chineseour wheelers, so many times I left. Actually I remember how it got like that. One of the wires on it got melted, like all the all the rubber on the coating on the wire got kind of burned off. And it was because I kept jump starting it. I would I would like put it on the battery charger and I would just put it on jump start and just leave it.
Speaker 1: And I didn't realize what I was doing was a little quick charge. So one day I came back and the.
Speaker 4: Batteries all swolled up and the wires were like hot and melted and uh, and I didn't know what was going on. So I had to cut that off. And I took a piece of copper wire and wrapped it around it, and the wrapped around the battery terminal, and every time I would start the four wheeler, the copper wire would light up red, like glowing red. And then one day it melted and it melted the hot to the like half of the hot wire to the frame. Oh man, I lit the whole wire and harness on fire on that thing. So that was last day that thing ran but go and smoked. Oh yeah, yeah, not like flames, but it smoked really bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a it was a bad day day. I had a Trailblazer in college. This is a good one. I oh, yeah, did that car? Hold on?
Speaker 4: Was it the Trailblazer with the Inline six? What year was it? It was a two thousand and six Inline six. I just built one of those for Raymundo on Bobby Bone Show. But and I love Raymundo's but I hated those things too. I'm with you, bro, Yeah, They're so hard to work.
Speaker 2: So I had liked I had a battery problem where like I was. I was at school at ET Knoxville, and I would just park for class or something and I would come back to my my vehicle and try to crank it, and it was my battery was dead.
Speaker 1: And nobody can figure out.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 2: I put new batteries in it, all that stuff, and I'm like, that's about as far as I go. Like, I'll put a battery in it, checked the alternator, and then that's it. I can't go any further than that.
Speaker 1: Also, we were real broke at the time.
Speaker 2: This is yeah, no zero dollars in any account ever. So I was like, man, I got to figure this out. So I took it to one guy and I was like, hey man, here's the deal. I ain't got a lot of money to spend on this, like to give you, so like if you get to it, like I need you to go to about eighty five bucks, Like, just work to eighty five dollars and then if it's if, then I need we need to figure it out. After that, I can't give you any more than that. So he tried a couple of things and where he's like, he's like, here's what I could do. He was like, I could rig you a cut off switch to where you charge your battery, and then when you park it, there's a switch you cut off that completely cuts the whole your whole thing. So it was by my it was by the brake.
Speaker 1: He just put a little little button there, a little push button, little nipple button.
Speaker 2: And so when I would get to wherever, like grocery store, anywhere to park, I would just turn the car off and I go kick that thing.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: Still, that's a great idea. It's like, hey man, your doors aren't long. And he was like, they don't have to, like, nobody's gonna get in here.
Speaker 1: Not right. But ye didn't make it right. Yeah, but I mean that was yeah, there was the nip. I would just I would hit it and then I would just take my fingle. Yeah that's good.
Speaker 4: We had a Geo tracker like that one time, and they had a Geo tractor. It was a soft top. Yeah, but it was a too wil drive automatic. But I'll tell you what, even too will drive, you could not get it stuck. I barely got it stuck ever, Like it just would come no real drive. I had had a really nice set of like little thirty thirty by nine and a half fifteen's on it and mud tires some BFG like mud terrains.
Speaker 1: It was. It was a good, good little rig. But uh we.
Speaker 4: Uh we got it from one of My dad kind of helped this guy buy it because he needed a car and then he didn't pay my dad, so we repoted it one day.
Speaker 1: That was so much fun.
Speaker 4: Bang my ex girlfriend, she was like way more savage than anything I could ever been, and so it's probably probably why we broke up. But she was like, where's the keys, I'll do it, And I was kind of scared. Well, dude, she we couldn't find the key, and my dad didn't have the key, but my dad knew dude left us first door and locked, so we just what do was, to be honest, a really bad drinking problem.
Speaker 1: So he's like passed out on the couch.
Speaker 4: We just walked right inside the doors hanging up from the kind of go out and get the key. But then we couldn't get it started. And it had a push button for the start of the ignition. That part of the ignition wouldn't work, so you turn the key on them, then you hit this little push button right here and fire right up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had so much fun on that thing. She she uh.
Speaker 4: I remember telling her it's like we we should get we should make this your first car, you know, And so I helped her work on it, and then she like, yeah, she knew how to start it, so she she kind of stole it one day.
Speaker 1: We had to go back and get it. But that's awesome. A little repo mission.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a lot of I mean, I know, there's ten thousand other things that we had to like, Oh.
Speaker 1: Dude, Yeah, we lived on a house boat, y'all, on a house boat. Man, we talked about maintenance.
Speaker 4: I bought my dad a houseboat, and and that was the words decision.
Speaker 3: It's kind of it's kind of not worth it, honestly, I mean it was we said it.
Speaker 2: Was more that it was more of a house than a boat. I mean, I mean we just lived on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we took we would take it out every couple of weeks when we could get both engines going.
Speaker 4: Yeah too, so that they be like two outboards on it. Yeah yeah, oh wow, yeadamn.
Speaker 1: So it was a big boat, was wow. Yeah. He lived in the front little v and I lived in what kind of boat? Like what got you to my dad's was a Gibson?
Speaker 4: Was a fiberglass bottom gets in Yeah, and uh, the Runners, like it was like from the seventies or something, and so like the runners were like just gone. And it had one uh had one engine and I think it was like a Chrysler engine, like a three eighteen or something. But we could we never got it running, and finally we just he was trying to redo it and we just got rid of it. But yeah, but man, I know, like one of the coolest things I've ever done in my life is been out on Navajo Lake in New Mexico, And I've always dreamed of like getting a house boat with a top deck that you could just lay out and look at the stars. If you guys have never been there, y'all should go. If y'all never been to Navaja Lake, go see Navajo Lake. It's really just super cool and like the terrains all rocks, and it's a lake in the middle of nowhere. You know what else was really cool about it, like like you know how most lakes like around here, like Old Hickory or or Percy Priest, Right, you go pull up on shore somewhere, you're on somebody's property. Yeah, you can't just get off there and have a fire. Well, on Navo Lake, it's all IM pretty sure. It's the reservation and so you could just like go on a bank camp there for two weeks if you want, like do everything but build a homestead.
Speaker 1: You know, it's pretty cool that Mexican Yeah, yeah, I really could. I won't check that out. Yeah, there's no humidity either, so it's a good time. They're gonna get onto. We can spend. Yeah, but I got one.
Speaker 3: More question, what's your what's your like when you think about like the engine. What's the engine?
Speaker 4: My favorite ever built, the most durable engine ever built, the most best bang for your buck, is an in line six Jeep four to oh uh engine originally built by a MC And I think some people anyway, I'm not gonna get into the.
Speaker 1: That's all nerd stuff. So what's the truck. What's the truck?
Speaker 4: So Jeep Cherokees from my favorite year from ninety one to ninety well, ninety one to two thousand and one, two thousand and two, three, if you're getting into wranglers. But Jeep manufactured the engine, and uh they also had a version of it beforehand, like the Renex motor and all these other versions. But it's just a straight six engine that you can't you can't kill, like you literally can't kill. I actually had one at one point that I built a Stroker interne out of, and I had a turboed and I had it in a little two door Cherokee and I used to street race it and pay my pay my rent because people would not think it's fast. And the turbo hidden under the intake because it exhausted and the intake on the same side, so I had it tucked under there and had the the boost pipe ran through the factory air box.
Speaker 1: No one ever saw it.
Speaker 4: Now it's got a thousand horse power LS turbo LS engine in it.
Speaker 1: But give us the best racing store he got. Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: So one day we were down in like Laverne Smart. Oh yeah, I got a video of it. If you let's keep talking. Yeah, yeah, keep talking.
Speaker 1: There's this dude.
Speaker 4: Uh he had a Chrysler three hundred had a little Vortech vortech I think it's called a Vortech VORTEXX pro charger on a little belt driven supercharger and uh, Crystal three hundred C with a himy in it.
Speaker 1: And he was talking the most trash all day.
Speaker 4: And uh, everybody was like, oh, you don't want none of that jeep over there, and he's.
Speaker 1: I'll take that jeep. I'll take that jeep.
Speaker 4: We bet three hundred bucks, and uh, I ran, dude, and I and I purposely like let him win, like by offender, and then I ran it back. I said, let's go double or nothing. Crank the boost up. You know, I had to be a little switch on. I had a little little knob right here. Cranked the boost controller up and uh, whooped him. I mean it's just left hard and just whooped him and uh yeah, it was my favorite part because dude didn't want to pay us and so uh so, yeah, somebody left with his car nice while he wasn't looking.
Speaker 1: Yeah was your ex girlfriend? No different ex.
Speaker 4: I had a different girlfriend that time and she was crazy too, but not that crazy. But uh yeah, they left and took it to the other side of the parking lot and then jumped out of it.
Speaker 1: So is that kind of how that circuit goes?
Speaker 2: Like, like y'all ain't scheduling races, you're just kind of pull every anybody that wants to can pull up to these race tracks and and just be like, hey, I'm raised for five hundred bucks right now.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to say it was legal racing. Definitely was on a race track. We were racing in like a warehouse area like we called it Space Park, and it was like all these semi trucks like if you if you, if you fish heiled and lost control, over corrected, you were smashing a eighteen wheeler trailer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but I don't do none of that no more. Man.
Speaker 4: I you know, I'm a god fearing human that has a career cleaned on you know, not.
Speaker 1: Well, we need to.
Speaker 2: Talk about that career because we're gonna get in trouble for not talking about.
Speaker 1: I mean, I thought it was super cool that both your parents.
Speaker 2: Were were musicians and kind of playing this playing playing the game eggs downtown and doing the thing.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, is that?
Speaker 2: I mean obviously that's how you you know, grew to love music and one of one of the back in the day.
Speaker 4: Oh man, So my at mom's house, I grew up on like gospel and contemporary Christian music. But my mom actually, uh really kind of what as early as I can remember, my mom was actually doing Patsy Klein impersonations. So she was going to like Brandson, Missouri, and that's where my mom and dad actually met.
Speaker 1: But then they would go to like Pigeon.
Speaker 4: Forge and they had like a circuit I guess they would do sure that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: And my dad had a band.
Speaker 4: Uh he would play on Printer's Alley and and Branson as well.
Speaker 1: And do you remember the name of the band? We just like he had so many different band names.
Speaker 4: His one, his one what was it a bad Habit was one of them solid and then he had another band name and it's way better.
Speaker 1: I can't remember. We'd have to call him, but dude, he had some call him. So, well, you got my phone. I want to what his worst band name is. Let's call him. Well, he answer, I mean, it's time, is it. He's probably still sleeping right now.
Speaker 4: He's been with my brother out in Phoenix, so they're uh, they are, he's probably hung over.
Speaker 1: Let's call him, but uh, while we're waiting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had his band, and my mom had her band, and my uncle would like play in her band. Uh here and there, and then he is, good morning, Hey, I got you on a podcast right now.
Speaker 1: You're live. What's up? You're live?
Speaker 4: Hey, we're talking about band names and uh, I told him you had a couple of different band names, and we were just like I wanted them to just you to just tell them your band names.
Speaker 1: Over the years of Amber, well, the.
Speaker 7: First band I was in, we were called Outrage.
Speaker 1: What is y'all?
Speaker 2: What did Outrage play? What kind of music did Outrage play?
Speaker 1: Were played?
Speaker 6: Like pretty much heavy metal stuff back in the eighties, Yeah, eighties type stuff like uh you know back then iron Maidens of course, Ausy.
Speaker 1: Just some weird stuff man.
Speaker 7: There was a band called Wasp They give me the creeps man. I was like, dude, I ain't playing none of that. That's weird stuff man. But uh yeah, and then you know the uh who was the big one back then, Rob Holford?
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 7: Judas Priests?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What was what was another band name you had? What's the other band names?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 7: We had a band that when I started kind of playing like Top forty in country had a band called Cadillacts. We spelled it cattle c A T T L smart slash Acts and everybody thought.
Speaker 1: That was cool. You know, yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 7: And we had a little thing going where we'd say we're the Cadillacs band and everybody would.
Speaker 1: Say, hey, x E. I don't even know how that got started. That was kind of fun. What about the Bad Habit Band? And then the.
Speaker 7: Bad Habit Band was kind of kind of my last band, I guess was Bad Habit.
Speaker 1: As far as.
Speaker 7: Top forty, you know, we did more more poppy stuff, you know, not so much metal like uh, you know, bon Jovi, bop Seeger.
Speaker 1: And what's your favorite PG band? Story about to do that, but I don't want PG give it.
Speaker 7: To me favorite story of the band.
Speaker 1: Any road story you got, uh well.
Speaker 7: You know, the one that comes to mind to me is, uh, I had this guitar player, and I had two guitar players, and I was trying to get them to kind of move around, you know. Back then it was you know, his eighties, his big hair and spandex. I got some pictures that would give you a nightmare, son. But uh I just remember we did this Battle of the Band thing. So they had two flat you know, semi truck flatbeds set up. So while one band's playing, the other bands tearing down and setting up the other band, you know, going back and forth on these two flatbeds. One of them flatbeds was pretty tore up. It was pretty ragged, and uh I remember telling Greg, man, you got to move more, you know, roll with Terry choreographed, you know, got to make some moves. And I never could get him to move. So we're jamming at this battle. The bands were pretty goodcise crowd there, and I kind of catch out a corner of my eye grapes like he's like down on the floor just jamming, you know, and he's like like, wow, man, he usually a stands there now he's.
Speaker 1: Like moving his knees, you know, different.
Speaker 7: So I kind of like look at him like, heck, yeah, dude, Well that wasn't what happened. His foot fell through the semi and it went all the way up his leg.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, was stuck.
Speaker 7: Some other people that was there that was taking pictures. You can see his legs sticking out from the bottom.
Speaker 1: He's still playing though he wasn't missing the part. Oh yeah, you never missed a beat.
Speaker 6: Boys, just scratched his leg up really good.
Speaker 7: But uh, get out and hold his guitar at the same time. So he's sitting there hanging his leg hanging and he's still just ripping it. I'm thinking he's getting down.
Speaker 1: That's great. Oh my gosh, that was a good one. Of course, you know we could. We could tell some pretty ugly star thanks for answering.
Speaker 7: Have cell phones and stuff you could.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I know for sure, the good old days. We're gonna get back to it. Dad. I love you. I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 4: See man, dude, I'm so glad we do that. That's a great bloody answer. And he never answers on the first ring. That was pretty cool. You can see he's always working on them boats.
Speaker 1: He's a bit of a showman. Like I can see where you get a little bit.
Speaker 2: You just tell a good story listening to him and hearing y'all talk. And I mean that that feels like a lot like our our relationship with our dad, just like he's he's our best friend.
Speaker 1: Man. I talk to him every day. I saw where you got to.
Speaker 2: You brought him up on stage at the rhyme, and so that rhyme is show and let him let him sing with you. Yeah, just walk us through that, man, and tell us how that how that whole thing went down, and and and the and the reaction and the feeling that gave you and him in that moment.
Speaker 4: So I think leading up to the rhyme, and I was under a lot of stress and like I was just kind of like I got to the point where I was kind of being a jerk to a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Were we stressed out about the show. The show. I was wanted it to go right.
Speaker 4: And you know it's a such a big deal, man, the Mother Church, the original Grand Ole Opera, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like dreams, that's where you catch dreams. Yeah, And I remember my dad didn't have his words down. What do y'all say?
Speaker 4: And were you born for this? It's my title track off my first album. And I was like, Dad, what the hell? Like you were supposed to have your words together. He's like, son, I knew. I swear I knew him.
Speaker 1: I swore He's like I said, I'm just so nervous. He's like, I know how big of a deal this is.
Speaker 4: And I was so stressed and like I kind of just didn't talk to anybody, and uh, I was really concerned on how the performance was going to go. And uh, and I knew that he was putting the work in. I just didn't know if I didn't know, and like honestly, like, well, I don't want to go into all that, but my dad's kind of like had some health issues, and so like just trying to like get him mentally like in the right place for like, hey, like we're gonna be in front of a massive crowd, Like let's make sure we give this the best we can. I just kind of let God have it, like, hey, God, like take this cause like because I can't meant I don't have the capacity right now.
Speaker 1: How did it feel? It felt? Great. How did it go? Did he remember the great? Yeah? To get into we got in the zone.
Speaker 4: And I think my dad kind of has that same I get it from him, the fight or flight mode, like once you're in, like when you realize you there's no way out of this, you just do the best you can. And that's and I've said this before, that's what separates a singer from a star. And not saying I'm a star at any in any way, but I'm saying like, in a way, it's a make or break moments. Really when you have that pressure and you can still perform under pressure, it goes to show man. My dad is someone that should have been a whole lot bigger than he when he is. You know, he should have been a star man, you know. And well it's like I'm living this vicariously. He's living vicariously through me. And so to have him involved in that show is so cool because he's inspired me with so many other stories that I you know, if we had more time, yeah, and even my mother. So you know, when he came out on stage and he stole the show for that second, it was awesome. You know a lot of people crowd and a lot of people that are there, my hometown, friends that have met my dad and know my dad and know his heart and how how passionate he is for music. And then mamma and my mom came out to do lean on me on the piano stole.
Speaker 1: I mean, brother, my mamma.
Speaker 4: I know she's gonna watch this because she she's done figure out the internet pretty well.
Speaker 1: What madma.
Speaker 4: Madma just launch tro and TikTok account this week, Yeah dude, and she's gonna do like cooking videos and like singing play from people and and I think that's, you know, something that we should show more.
Speaker 1: But that she stole the show.
Speaker 4: And my mom, my poor mom got up there and she she started singing, and everybody just wanted to hear mamma keep going. But my mom's got an album out too. Y'all should check it out. It's called Heritage. It's called Heritage, Onenett robertson Heritage, and yeah, dude, it's it's really cool. Come from a long line of preachers, and just you know, we talk about God's country. It's it's all God that made us happen. As much as we joke around and try to claim our own work.
Speaker 1: For it. It's never going to be that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Our dad, our dad's preacher too. We've yeah, yeah, we've were so you're you still you still recovering church case. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And my wife's dad is a preacher. I mean there's yeah, there are that We're riddled with him.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a blessing and a curse. People don't talk about, don't it's a blessing and a curse.
Speaker 1: But yeah it is.
Speaker 3: It's uh, it's interesting whenever we got out in the woods or are on the boat, man, he seemed like the preacher thing kind of dropped and we were just buddies then. Yeah, you know, which was which is what I think why we originally fell in love with it in the first place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just because our dad was He wasn't just big mean dad out there, you know. It's just like it's just your buddy. Yeah, it's nice to have that, did you uh when you started the journey, like the man, I'm gonna do music, I'm gonna I'm gonna chase this thing that you know kind of runs in my family, runs my blood.
Speaker 1: Like did you see yourself?
Speaker 4: Because you're straight off of a tour from UK, right, Like you just got this got back a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Did you did you see it going worldwide? Did you know? Did you know? Sir? What was the what was the dream back then? Just to do it for a living man?
Speaker 4: I think just so when I found my real love for music, because I've always been around it, well, when I found my real love for music, I was probably thirteen and I started. I wrote my first song and it was actually a worship song and it's called what You've Done for Me? And I can hardly even remember the words, but I I think I found my love there for it, and I really started diving into creating music from my heart that wasn't covers, like creating music from my heart when I found it as therapy.
Speaker 1: Like it was like a way to really to really vent on how I was feeling.
Speaker 4: You know, going to so many different schools, it's kind of hard to keep making new friends because you don't know how long you're gonna be there sure, and so you know, and then the friends that you did make, you know, you I still talk to someone, broh. I've got friends from elementary school I told talk to this day. Yeah, but yeah, it's uh. I guess what I'm trying to say is where I found my real love for music, and like I found that decision on hey, I'm gonna make this happen.
Speaker 1: All my goal was really was to make my best friend happy. Uh.
Speaker 4: And he passed away in twenty seventeen. I don't really talk about this a lot. I used to talk about it, but.
Speaker 1: You don't have to talk about it that. No, it's it's cool, man.
Speaker 4: It's cool because you know, it's it's life, man, Like, yeah, yeah, shit happens, you know what I mean. But I grew up in church in that youth band playing with him. I played the drums and he played guitar, and uh, you know, I would I would he we a lot a lot of the times in the woods when I when I grew up in the Holler, was with him. And so when I did go to so many different schools, he was the one friend I kind of always had because I grew up in church with him, and he lived down the street and we were into the same things. And so when I have to yeah, and and so losing him was a was a really really sad thing.
Speaker 1: But I used it as fuel, I guess in a way, Yeah, there's a lot.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of that inspired stuff on your on the record Chase and some of those songs. Yeah, I can tell you meant what you were saying.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And so you know, like from the heart is what I always do, man, I always put out music that's from the heart and and something that I've been through or that I'm currently going through. And uh, when I found my real drive for it was after he died.
Speaker 1: I got through that that grief stage.
Speaker 4: And you know, grief doesn't it it Uh, it doesn't just mend overnight.
Speaker 1: You know, it mends over time.
Speaker 4: And I guess over time I kind of with the music, I found myself more and more.
Speaker 1: And my goal was just to make.
Speaker 4: Him proud, like would he be proud of this?
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 4: I remember for a long time I was writing a lot of songs about him, and I realized, Hey, you know, you can't like live in this atmosphere of like these sad I Miss you songs like you need to write songs that resonate with everybody, and you know, really they tell his story through that rather than this sob I'm rambling, but you know, man, like like I said, it's one day at a time. It doesn't happen overnight, and it's been I think eight years now since he since he passed, So.
Speaker 1: Actually, no hold on a second. I might be wrong.
Speaker 4: I don't want to find out right now. I think I may be completely wrong. I think today's birthday and I'm just remembering. Wow, maybe that's what you were supposed to talk about. Yeah, wow, uh happy birthday. Don't want to cry on here right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man.
Speaker 3: I read something the other day that said grief is one of the young weeks copressions of love, one of the few expressions of loves that hurts to feel. And I I identify with that, because, like I, there's some there's some people and even a dog or two back there that I don't want to I don't want to not feel. I don't want to not feel. I like I like feeling the grief from it, just to just to know that I still love him and I still care about him, you know, So being able to work through it and being able to pursue the dream inspired that's a you can't tell that guy nothing, you know what I mean, he's he I mean that there's no way to there's no way to put that fire out so at dog.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 2: What you're doing, and you're going all over the world and playing these songs and and and getting on the radio and and I guarantee you you're making any proud with your music. Man, I guarantee you he's he's looking down and and and pump for his boy and rooting your own and and doing your thing, man. And and it's special right to find purpose in something like that. And it absolutely sucks. But you can either go one of two ways.
Speaker 1: Man. You can go.
Speaker 2: You can you can let it be sad and revel in that and never come out of it. Or you can you can make something of it and make it meaningful to you for the rest of your life and live.
Speaker 1: Say that a lot.
Speaker 4: It's not about what you've been through, it's about what you make of it. Yeah, man, powerful, Wow, thank you for a whole moment. Yeah, it's all right, that's all right, that's all right. It's a Monday, is it monday? It's a Monday. It feels like a Monday.
Speaker 2: It's like hell already, Oh my god, I think this. I think that's a great segue into this question. Man, Like you were quoted saying you want to establish a generational imprint, and and not just not just I think that's something I'm gonna read. I want to establish a generational imprint. I think that's something we should all focus on a little more on or we're gonna leave behind for the next generation, and not just in our family, but in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you mean by that? What do you what do you want to what do you want to leave?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I think there's an opportunity when you are in a spotlight to make an impact on people's lives. And I think there's a lot of artists and I've seen it. Uh no names, man, but like I've been on the road with a lot of people that just don't care to make sure that people leave better than the way they came in to their concerts. That's something my grandfather and my pastor that I grew up in church with. Excuse me, Yeah, there it is. But he always said, you know, he's like, my job is make sure y'all leave better than the way you came in.
Speaker 1: You know, I want you all to leave better. And I took that with me.
Speaker 4: You know, that's my piece of God right there where. It's like, hey, if I can make these make a positive impact on these people's live the same way they have on mine. That's then that's my way to give back. And so yeah, man, there's a lot of artists that don't recognize that. And I don't ever want to be blind to it. My worst fear, my absolute worst fear, number one fear, is to not be humble and recognize that you have an opportunity to make an impact, like to not make a I don't want to stand before God and him be like, so I gave you this gift and did you use it for the Kingdom of God? And you know that was something for a long time that I actually talked to one of our pastors about was He came to me one day he said, hey, man, I had a dream about about something I needed to tell you, and he said, don't forget that a lot of the he said, the same people that that said the Messiah are the same people that crucify Jesus. He said, just remember the people you surround yourself with that act like your friends right now will be the same people that crucify you when when it's time. And I said, wow, that that really stuck, and no kid in a month later, it all made sense. It all made sense. Wow, And so I don't I'm rambling again, but uh, you know, I'd rather I'd rather stand before the Lord of Him say you did a good job and be clowned by all the people on earth than be judged by him. So I don't know where I'm rambling with and got off again. But yeah, we got to make it. We got to make a better world for the for the for the next generation, you know, and even if it's not a better world, at least make sure we're reaching the people that need it the most.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's so much negativity out there too, man, And people that use their platform to to hurt people, and and.
Speaker 1: And maybe terrible. Why would you do that? People? You know, I really don't understand because they're hurting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're just they're they're struggling, and they're they're they're trying to outwardly express that they're not in turn to make somebody.
Speaker 1: They want to see somebody else suffer. Some people just want to see the world burden.
Speaker 4: Some people wake up every day and just say, man, how could I make somebody else's day?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Work, I pray for those people. I pray for those people. Man, You know.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you, man, you Uh, I haven't written a song with you. I've I've seen you around and I didn't I didn't really really know you. But I want you to know that you you do have a light about you, man. And it's been it's been fun just having you in and getting to know.
Speaker 1: You a little bit.
Speaker 3: And I know the music, and I know a lot of the folks you write tunes with, and Josh Taylor Phillips and all those cats.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: But but good on you, man for having like positive outlook on life and and and and wanting to inspire people. That's a that's a powerful thing.
Speaker 2: And uh yeah, man, that convictions can take just like like like it is like wanting to wanting to to to do good for for your dad man, and and and and and not forgetting where you came from and and involving your family whose dreams was to step on the stage of the rhyming man, and you're getting to live that out as well as bring them on letting them live that out for your buddy, and and and writing songs and and and playing songs in his memory and and trying to, you know, make him proud and then leave a better place.
Speaker 1: Than you do.
Speaker 2: That's just yeah, it's a yeah, you can I can tell that it's not fake. You're not just saying that because there's cameras on and there's you're in front of a microphone.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm the same person. Unless I'm drinking. Then it's a different he's got a different nickname. That guy's got a different nickname. Oh it starts with the M ends with a y. You guys can google what they called me growing up so many way way cooler than that. Can we can we bleep it if I.
Speaker 1: Said sure, okay, yeah, yeah, man, I don't think that is believe. Yeah, I mean it's okay.
Speaker 4: I kind of keep it private though, because if because like if we're back, because I've already told like my friends, I'm like, hey, if someone calls me, uh and they've got to be one of my day went homies, let them in.
Speaker 1: Putting there now, keep it bleep.
Speaker 2: Because will yeah you got us in there? Ray Yeah, God dude, we're gonna forget. You're gonna have fifteen hundred people. I'm making sure we're not forgetting right now. We gotta hey, we do a couple or one other thing.
Speaker 3: When you look back on just growing up in country music, and are there any songs that pop out in your head that you that you know the words too, that we possibly could play a verse course to.
Speaker 4: Something, covers or anything due pretty much anything Jaysonal Dean uh And I mean, I know this isn't exactly country, but like, I really like the song turned the Page.
Speaker 1: My dad played that one a lot growing up. Man, I know all that A long and lonesome highway, you know?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: That's uh some hillwy he hain't stab my hall. Yeah, I can't remember. Yeah, that was it? Smooth Halley, do you know how to play it? Come on, I can't remember.
Speaker 2: It's been fifteen it's been thirty years since I played that song.
Speaker 1: Don't let Michel front him.
Speaker 4: DA watched me end up forgetting the first verse. I can already like I'm blinking.
Speaker 1: I just woke up.
Speaker 5: Hold along and long some highway he hain'ts too on my hall. You can listen to the jins ing out there on those song and thinking about the woman, Yeah, with the girl you knew.
Speaker 1: The night before I was gonna skip to the course. So here I am on the road again.
Speaker 5: Here I am.
Speaker 1: The bone stage.
Speaker 5: Here I go.
Speaker 1: Playing Starke here I am oh, it turned the page. It was close. Now working on it, dude, I smashed.
Speaker 4: My finger working on an engine not that long ago, like completely had to like reconstruct my finger with stitches, and uh, you can see the end of my fingernails, like there's at the back of it. So like I'm still like trying to learn how to play guitar. G and I lost my entire callous So it's like it's like learning how to walk again. Dude, it's terrible, terrible.
Speaker 2: Give us another what else you got, Give us something else, any kind of cover, any anything you just like saying.
Speaker 1: Hm hmm, or give us one of yours or giving yes. I don't know what.
Speaker 4: Should I play something up the new album saying my fingers terrible? You got it, it says, uh, my.
Speaker 1: Baby drives me crazy when she drives by a truck burning that gas monk in those times.
Speaker 5: Setting it so boys hard on fire keeps me just locking old checked up.
Speaker 1: My baby drives me crazy when she drives my truck. Don't it's so hard better, I promise, it's terrible, But I can see it's my pointer finger too. It's just the one, the one I dropped the flywheel one.
Speaker 4: I was putting a clutch on the back of a motor, dropped the fly wall dis fly flywheel disc between a concrete and my finger and the teeth on the disc.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, good day for art Breaker. I mean I could see it, dude. I can see that little nail trying to do that quick, trying to come up in the house. Dude, You're awesome, Chase Man, thanks for hanging out with us. Thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 4: It's really cool to be on here, and it's all the viewers keep watching, tuning in.
Speaker 1: That's right you ma'am.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all go follow us on whatever. Check out Chase on the road. Check out the new album Chase is that everywhere? You gotta sa on tour with Keith Urban this year. Man, Yeah, I do new albums out and we got Darling on radio right now.
Speaker 1: So Darling go check it out. Sir. Hey, thanks maning up God's Country. We'll check out next time. Peace. See Matthew
Speaker 4: One