Speaker 1: It's the best bit of the week With Morgan two, she's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bones Show this week.
Speaker 2: Happy weekend friends, I'm excited to be back with you all from vacation. We got a lot of content from the show this week to catch you up on, but first check out Part one, Part three This weekend Scuba Steve and I deep dive my entire epic universe in Orlando trip and as well as how his kids.
Speaker 3: Are lacking their new school all in part one.
Speaker 2: In part three, we did address some of the hot dog situation and talked about his new job, So check out both of those. If you want to get caught up with a show member two that's always super fun for me to do. Just sit here and talk with them about life with you guys also kind of joining in when you send me dms and share your thoughts and feelings, so go listen to those.
Speaker 3: But if you just want to catch up on the show, let's do it. We did a draft this week.
Speaker 2: We are still doing the random letters, so we spend the wheel, we pick a letter. This week's letter was C and everybody had to draft songs that start with a letter.
Speaker 1: C number seven.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do a draft here. We are going to do the best songs that start with whatever letter they draw, so we don't know the letter yet. Best songs to start with what letter? Spin the wheel?
Speaker 5: See?
Speaker 4: Okay, best songs that starts with the letter C. Not only that, I think Morgan's out. Yeah, I am Morgan's out. We gotta roll the ice here to see who goes first, whoever it lands on. Songs that start with see, don't even thought about it, Keevin Hooks and the shows It's so hard. Nine okay, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine. Lunchbox, you have fifteen seconds songs that start with C, the letter C.
Speaker 5: Alright, I got it.
Speaker 4: Well, then go ahead.
Speaker 5: First pick shouta houchie.
Speaker 4: It's a good one.
Speaker 6: That's so good.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 5: I got.
Speaker 4: All right. Next up is Eddie Songs. Awesome songs to start with C.
Speaker 6: Can't help falling in love.
Speaker 4: Elvis can't help falling in love? Okay, can't help falling in love?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Why I can't help? Right, it's can't fall in love. I'm sure you're right By the way to our listeners, we're going off the cuff here, it's called Can't Help falling in Love? Thank God, I'm gonna go, but calling Baton.
Speaker 1: Ruge O good.
Speaker 4: So my sea is gonna be Garth Brooks calling Baton Rugs, Amy.
Speaker 8: My sea is gonna be George Strait, carrying your Love with.
Speaker 4: Me Man good one. Okay, over to Ray Mundo. Songs that start with the letter C. Awesome songs go ahead a.
Speaker 9: Little bit, newer country girl parentheses Shake it for Me.
Speaker 4: Luke Brian country girls shake it from me again? What does Scooba say? He's making fun of me? You don't like that one. He's very specific with the parentheses. You got? Yeah, okay, all right? So that's all round one right, so Ray, you'll get first pick, second round, so you gotta have two in a row. Came to my head right away for whatever reason.
Speaker 9: Country grammar, Oh good, Nelly, and I hope it's with a scene not a k it is.
Speaker 4: I think that's a good one. I thought he's gonna go. I wanna go with Country Girl's Shaking for Me the remix, all right, Amy.
Speaker 8: I have California Love Tupac.
Speaker 4: That's great. That's almost what I was gonna pick. But that's even better. I think than what I was gonna pick?
Speaker 8: What were you almost gonna pick?
Speaker 4: Well, I may not pick it now, Okay, okay, it's over to me. Uh so Ray has Country Girls Shaking from Me and Country Grammar Amy has what do you have?
Speaker 8: California Love and carrying your love with me? That's love.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 8: My other song I'm probably gonna do might.
Speaker 10: Have the word love as well.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna do.
Speaker 4: And I thought you were gonna say this. I'm gonna stick with it because its instinct. I'm gonna do California Dreaming. Oh that's good, California dream Yeah. When you say California solidified, mine was good. But then you didn't pick mind, so I'm like, maybe it wasn't that good. Eddie.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm sticking with California. California Girls by the Beach Boys.
Speaker 8: Oh I think can girls were eating pops.
Speaker 6: I guess that could be both.
Speaker 8: Huh, Daisy Duke speaking, It could.
Speaker 4: Be whatever the interpretation is. We're not putting the artist. Yeah, good, okay.
Speaker 5: Lunch Box, Yeah, you're at a wedding. They play this. Everybody do the Cupid shuffle.
Speaker 4: A right, Lunchbok says Chatahoo Chin Cuba shuffle strong. Now you go again? Third round? Go ahead?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, Country Roll, take me home, Country West Virginia.
Speaker 4: That's a good one. He's strong, He's strong all the way through. Eddie you have can't help falling in love and California girls.
Speaker 6: I thought he was gonna go with this because he was like all wedding songs. I'm gonna go with cha cha slide, Okay, come.
Speaker 5: On, it's pretty good.
Speaker 6: Chatchas slide right, two hops this time?
Speaker 4: Fine yacht slide? Yeah yeah, cupa shuffles, probably a little stronger, but I think we're digging here. Had Who's next?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: So if I I have a couple, I just don't think I can get the audience is gonna like them, though, don't worry about them.
Speaker 6: You do your thing, dude.
Speaker 4: How I think I'm gonna go with coal miner's daughter? Oh yeah?
Speaker 5: Seeing that to me, I don't know that.
Speaker 8: I'm proud to be cold miner's daughter.
Speaker 4: And it's old. It's old. I'll tell you my other ones too in a minute. But I'm gonna go with that one.
Speaker 8: Amy, I'm gonna do Elton John, Can you feel the love? Tonight?
Speaker 4: Great? Even a better one for me? But I'm such a wow. Yours is good. I took your I was yelling over you. You do yours again with the name of it.
Speaker 8: Can you feel the love tonight?
Speaker 4: I apologize for groaning a thanks guys.
Speaker 9: Raymundo, sam Han's latest number one, from his Lips to my tongue, give me Country House.
Speaker 4: Did he go all country? He did? He went three countries boy, basically the un three other countries.
Speaker 9: I mean country, but yeah, country grammar, but yeah country girls.
Speaker 4: Shake it from me, Country grammar and country. That's right now.
Speaker 6: So he just had one word to go with it. I love it.
Speaker 4: Amy's carrying your love with me? California Love? And can you feel the love? I'm calling Baton Rouge, California dreaming a coal miner's daughter, Eddies can't help falling in love? California Girls and Chuck yaw Slide.
Speaker 6: It's all over the place.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox, Chattahoochie cupa shuffle and country Roads Take me Home. I don't know why I didn't get to it until after I said Cowboy take me away. Would have been one hour picked.
Speaker 8: Oh, I didn't figure it.
Speaker 4: I didn't either.
Speaker 5: I got a question, is this one crazy? In love?
Speaker 4: Is that a song Beyonce.
Speaker 6: Crazy, We've Been good, Patsy Clin Yeah right, crazy Train.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh what lunchboxes is not accurate. We have to put the real title. It's take Me Home Country Roads. Ooh, so you get poop.
Speaker 8: Oh we've been there. We've been Like my son says to me all the time when things happen, He's like, it's okay, mom, we've all been there.
Speaker 5: I'm in trouble now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you were strong there. Well, he made up his own title, so that's part of the strength. Yeah, yeah, take Me Home Country Roads. So that that selection goes down as poop another one. I was gonna do it. I don't think anybody would have cared to creep.
Speaker 11: I'm creep.
Speaker 4: I'm a weird. Don't do that. I didn't creep.
Speaker 8: Copper Head Yeah, just keeping down low.
Speaker 4: Yeah, copper Headroad would have been solid. I didn't think about that one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know that would have been solid.
Speaker 4: You don't think Copperhead Road would have been Collard Road?
Speaker 7: I mean it's good, but does that make me cruise crazy green?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Narals bart Donalds Barklay, but he wasn't Narnalds Barklaying dang man, cruise, can't buy Me, Love, can't buy me by me? All these songs in my head and there's a bed playing underneath. Yeah, that pop hurts you because that he had a great list.
Speaker 5: Crazy Train, I mean I just didn't know them song Crazy Train r I P. Is that a good song?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's harping me to do it.
Speaker 6: I'm running out of the rails on a crazy train.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, go vote on the person in the video clip. You can't put him saying country Roads take me home because he'll get Just take that out, you bleep it. Just go just go poop into the camera. Poop there you go, pop do it again?
Speaker 11: Poop.
Speaker 6: Hold I do when we're down warning red poop. That's a terrible pick man.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm not gonna win.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two, What is.
Speaker 2: Your definition of a rich life? That was the question that was posed to all of us. There's a guy on TikTok who shared.
Speaker 3: His three reasons to prove he's in his.
Speaker 2: Rich life, and so we all thought about ours and shared him, and I think we all have very different definitions of a rich life.
Speaker 4: Number six, All right, Eddie. What do you see on TikTok so.
Speaker 6: This guy posted it was just a video of like the beach, and he wrote a rich life to me he is and he wrote hot wife, he said, happy kids, and the bills are paid.
Speaker 4: So those are the three terms for him that meant rich life.
Speaker 6: Not you're rich, no, no, no, but mean his life feels like he's like he's living a rich life.
Speaker 4: Okay, so let's do this. Then we'll go around the room. You only get three and it doesn't have to be single words, but three little statements. Give me your rich life, Morgan, I'm gonna go to you first.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, the first thing that came to my mind was lots of animals. I just want to own a zoo full of animals.
Speaker 4: No describing them, okay, say say the lines, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Lots of animals, got it, the ability to travel, and people who love me.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's a rich life.
Speaker 6: That's a rich life.
Speaker 4: Now now I'm curious. Lots of animals.
Speaker 6: What does that mean?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Like, I want a zoo full of animals.
Speaker 2: I want horses and pigs and chickens and dogs and cats.
Speaker 4: I want to want a farm. Yeah, more so than just dogs, oh, all of it.
Speaker 3: I mean I'd love to like run a rescue.
Speaker 4: That'd be a little house on the prairie over there.
Speaker 6: You got to take care of all those animals. Like, are you good to do that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I am out money to travel, so you're gonna pay for people to take care of That's okay, lunchbox, What do you have?
Speaker 1: Money?
Speaker 5: Lots of money?
Speaker 4: Popularity is money, lots of money one statement. That's one state, So money, lots of money. I wanted to make sure you knew money, and then lots of money come lots of money popularity.
Speaker 5: Yes, you have to have a lot of friends and a big social circle. Okay, access access to cool events, sporting events, anything you want to go to. But that comes with money also, so access.
Speaker 4: Money, access popularity.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 6: I mean that's literally a rich life.
Speaker 5: That is a rich life, so many experiences people to do it with. I mean it's great, okay, Eddie.
Speaker 4: What is yours?
Speaker 6: Okay? Mine is good friends and family. I gotta have those. Health is important.
Speaker 5: I didn't think about health.
Speaker 6: Gott to be healthy. And then this one's a little weird, but I thought about it for a while. Contentment, well, that's just a big one.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 6: Being content with how your life is at that moment. Uh, go ahead, like so so like content Like when you're like, what does that mean to you? I know what contentment means to me. It means be happy with what's going on in your life at the moment. Doesn't mean don't work harder to change your life or do things that they're going to change your life. But be happy with where your life is at that moment. If it's the beginning of something, be happy with the beginning. It could get better. If it's the worst, worse of something, think like, all right, it's going to get better from here, you know, but be happy in that moment.
Speaker 4: That's a rich life.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 4: It kind of sounds like you're just saying that to sound nice.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, I've literally tried to live my life that way. Like I don't wake up every day being like, oh man, I'm so happy at this moment, but I do be you know what, Enjoy this moment because it's going to change. Something's going to change, So be content with what's happening at this moment.
Speaker 4: Okay, huh, And like I get it. It's it's very very vague that's like just writing happiness, okay, fine money, Now you get to say what you want to say.
Speaker 5: It feels weird, but yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Mine are sleeping through the night. I mean, which until you don't sleep, you do not understand or realize how much your life is bad. If you don't sleep, it sucks. That's one. Number two. Auto paying bills without worry. I was always scared I for my bills on auto pay because I would be afraid they would try to autopay I wouldn't have it there and then stuff would balance. So just auto paying bills without worry.
Speaker 6: That's kind of like the TikTok guy bills are paid.
Speaker 4: Yeah. This is different though, because you can pay your bills and like look at the bill and then pay it. But if you just put it on auto pay and not have to worry, like that was one of the moments in my life where I was like I made it. The two times I felt like I made it in life early on were one when I got to autopay my bills and two when I needed batteries and there were extra batteries that hadn't been opened yet. That's a good feeling, yeah, because my whole life. It's well, any batteries, well, crap, I'll just take them out of something else and put them into this. And then you got three or four things around the house and have batteries in them. But that was when I was like, oh, I think I'm making it. I have extra batteries in a package just sitting in a drawer. That's rich life. I didn't make my last but the extra batteries rich life. And then the other one is Arkansas wins. Oh yeah, like so much of my life is dictated with Arkansas sports, and.
Speaker 6: That's terrible because you have no control over that.
Speaker 4: I have no control over the sleeping thing either, I don't think, but yeah, I have no control over Arkansas sports. But if Arkansas football sucks.
Speaker 6: I suck.
Speaker 4: You're poor, poor life. Let me tell you the cup does not run it over there. But those are mine bills on auto pay, sleeping through the night, and Arkansas wins.
Speaker 6: I thought it was interesting just how different people just defy the term rich life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for Arkansas football, you should be content, right Eddie, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man, just be hey, enjoy the season.
Speaker 4: As I am not content with Arkansas football. We've only won like eight nine games, less than eight games in season one times like twenty twelve sucks. I'm already sad the season haven't started yet. Okay, rich life, good job everybody who feels like they're in their rich life.
Speaker 3: I'm close to it. I don't have a farm yet.
Speaker 4: I think you're the most close to it of all of us.
Speaker 5: Really, Yeah, what were years ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Mine was the ability to travel, people who love me and a lot of animals.
Speaker 6: Oh, she has a boyfriend, so yeah, yeah, and she has I have a family, and.
Speaker 5: After three weeks ago, the boyfriend wouldn't have been around the people who love me.
Speaker 4: Not a boy like Arkansas is not really winning. I'm not sleeping through the night. My bills all o, pay, I got one out of the three. I'm doing pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: You may notice in some of these segments that Amy isn't talking at all. That's because she hasn't been here all week. She hasn't been feeling well. She did call into the show and share a lot of her ailments that she's been going through and kind of how rough she's hung. So this is Amy calling into the show to share why she hasn't been in all Week number five.
Speaker 4: We have Amy on the phone. Amy is not here again today because Amy is six. So first, what's wrong with you? Amy?
Speaker 7: Where do you want me to start?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Now we need to talk to Amy.
Speaker 6: Who's on the phone.
Speaker 4: Who's the dude on the phone? We need Amy who works on the show.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'll start with the least fun part, which is who knew like switching this body wash situation gave me? I don't know if y'all.
Speaker 8: Can handle this.
Speaker 4: What do you mean switching a body wash? We don't know. I know nothing about it.
Speaker 7: Well, okay, I know. I don't know if you can handle what I'm about to say. And then I can't say it, but give it to us. Okay, So I have a yeast infection.
Speaker 4: Interesting one, we can handle it.
Speaker 5: That's that's bad, okay, all right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: From what bread?
Speaker 7: No here, I think like switching a different soap, she said, And like the pH it changes something anyway that's neither here nor there, other than it's painful and I'm not getting sleep, which I think is impacting my health. You know, yeah, your ability to get and what I have, well, because like my body's writing multiple things, and then there's like the nausea and whatever viral. It's like just a viral, typical blue situation. It's not COVID. I tested for that. But I have now something for the I have to go pick up prescriptions, but something for the east infection.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're good. We get that, man, we get that there. Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 7: Then tail and all tam flot. I don't know, I have a list that you've got to get from the store. But I did an iv to try to help, Like, I.
Speaker 8: Don't know when what's going on with my Where'd you put the so?
Speaker 7: I think it's just oh, speaking of I have an anti nausea repository.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Amy's trying to grosss. I feel like she's just doing this on purpose now because all the stuff's real and that sucks and I'm feel sorry for you. But she's like, and not only that, I had to drink my own pete before I came on the air.
Speaker 7: Oh forgot, well, I forgot about that part till you said, where did you put the ivy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You know, honestly, I feel like Amy's dying. Yeah, she sounds terrible.
Speaker 5: No one more thing.
Speaker 4: Well, she was. We were on vacation, so she was off for a week and then we come back and she was here obviously. Then she left and they were like, Amy's just left. She's throwing up. But she texted me She's like I had to leave throwing up.
Speaker 7: I called scuba after and my throat had started to close up. But I really think what was going on in the bathroom.
Speaker 6: Oh that's a good point. This is a really good Pointy.
Speaker 4: I don't understand.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Wait, you don't know he had I don't think. I don't think he went to the bathroom.
Speaker 5: It was like backed up suage. Its smelled so about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't leave my desk how it was soul so Amy, go ahead, I think she just died.
Speaker 7: Like I already felt. No, I'm just supposed to limit my docking, but I already felt sick in the minute I walked into the bathroom because of the dage or something. It was like projectile vomit. Like I couldn't help it, because I think I was already just on the verge of not feeling great, and then that smell just sent me like I. I texted Morgan about it, and she was like, I don't. I went in her and I don't smell.
Speaker 4: Anythink smell or taste because of COVID.
Speaker 3: This is where the benefit comes for me, Bobby.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't really fix that. I don't. I just wanted to I okay, because I was like, I just wanted everyone to know, like that wasn't me.
Speaker 4: You think everybody thought you left that smelling like that. They're like, boy, that was bad.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Well I say, hey, y'all, I'm here, I'm sick, I'm leaving, and then y'all go in the bathroom.
Speaker 6: Like that's a good point.
Speaker 4: Uh, this is Amy's on with us if you just happen to turn us on live and she's sick. She did text me yesterday listen to the show, and she was like, hey, show sounds good.
Speaker 6: Oh good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was listening to the show sounds good to hear.
Speaker 7: I was like, which I guess is a little bit of a bummer because I'm not.
Speaker 4: You want it to sound worse because you're not here, Like we can't go on without you, right right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, So this is what I think. I think you're out all weak. Oh no, I think you're out all weak. There's no way that you're back with this. You're just well.
Speaker 7: I was trying to find a way that like if the doctor told me it was strap, which she didn't, but if she did, I was like, how can we pend this on lunchbox because it seems like anytime if someone gets stripped throat, but then I hadn't been around him at all.
Speaker 4: It sounds like she's about to cry.
Speaker 7: I know, yeah, kids are like back in school. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, So one quick question as far as an update, and you can tell us more about it later. But your punishment was to watch Unreal the wrestling series over the past week before you got sick, and so you're not a big wrestling fan. You made fun of me for being a wrestling fan after watching that series.
Speaker 6: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 7: Well, I texted you and then I didn't know if it was the Nike oil or like my for real feelings, but I kind of want to go to WrestleMania.
Speaker 6: That sounds like she's crying again.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 7: I did cry. I did cry watching it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really, Cody.
Speaker 7: When when they went and bought Cody's dad's rolex that he had.
Speaker 4: To sell and gave it back to him because.
Speaker 8: He needed money.
Speaker 7: Yep, oh that I'm sort of emotionaling now I'm thinking I'm not.
Speaker 4: So. Dusty Rhodes the American Dreamed. Dusty Roads is Cody Roads's dad, and Dusty Rhodes had to sell his roles because they needed money. In Triple hfter Cody won the championship, went and bought the rolegs back and tell him and gave it to him, and it was on camera. It was emotional.
Speaker 7: I still don't. Still I'm not saying I get it at all because I don't.
Speaker 5: It's like all.
Speaker 7: Scripted like so it's like even one of the girl wrestlers like this isn't a sport because it's like she goes, I don't even know what I get assigned what I'm going to do. It's not like you work, you know, and can win something. They have to choose that you're going to win, right, What do you think about that?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think it's a sport because it is predetermined, So I'm not sure. It's like if you were to watch a freaking Broadway production and they were just crushing their bodies like doing super athletic things. Have you seen Chelsea Green the episode with Chelsea Green, yet.
Speaker 7: She's the one that has her face all over her.
Speaker 4: Out Yeah yeah, yeah. It made me really like her and I didn't know much about her and now I'm massive fans.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, because she went from always being the loser in the dumpster to winning.
Speaker 6: Yeah wow. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I mean is big because that means they chose her.
Speaker 4: It means she worked hard, they liked what she was doing. She was always the Yeah. Okay, well, so do you like the serious reader?
Speaker 7: I do? I don't. I mean, what can I say? I don't know if I'm a knitting that I was wrong? But can we check in when.
Speaker 4: We'll check in when you're better?
Speaker 7: Yeah, when I'm not like totally bored and like on medicine.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: All good?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, go back to being sick and we will. We won't call it. I don't think we'll call you tomorrow anything. We'll let you heal up, but let us know if anything's on your mind. All right, there she is, Get.
Speaker 6: Well, Amy?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Amy, feel better? We really we miss you around here.
Speaker 4: He lunch Walks has been so happy you're gone.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, guys, I finally saw one, and I I know you probably think I'm about to say bear, which I did see on my Pontana trip. You can go watch that reel on my Instagram page. But no, I finally saw a UFO. I've seen potential ones in the past where I'm like, oh, is that a UFO.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know what this is.
Speaker 2: This time, when I was in Florida, I saw a UFO and I caught it on video, so nobody can tell me that I didn't see what I saw. And the guys are still going to do that, which you're about to hear.
Speaker 1: Number four.
Speaker 4: Okay, Morgan says she has footage of a UFO that she saw with her own eyes.
Speaker 5: Oh here we go.
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead. What happened Morgan?
Speaker 2: Okay, see, we were at Disney and we were watching the fireworks show at Epcot. We see this bright thing like shoot in the sky and it is so so like just a blinding light.
Speaker 3: You can barely see anything behind.
Speaker 4: It during the fireworks.
Speaker 2: No, right before we're sitting there, we're just waiting for him to come on. It's like fifteen minutes before the show starts, and it's just sitting there for like five minutes, and we're like, I get some footage of it because I'm like, surely that's not what I think it is.
Speaker 3: And then all of a sudden, it just it's.
Speaker 4: Gone, like quicker than you've ever seen an airplane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was not an airplane.
Speaker 4: Sure, it's not a drone.
Speaker 2: It's not a drone. You know why because I looked up. I googled because some of those firework shows us drones and like maybe they're setting it up. Epcot doesn't use any there's no drones whatsoever to even set up the show. And I was like, okay, it's not a drone, it's not a satellite.
Speaker 3: It wasn't moving.
Speaker 2: It was just sitting there in one place for several minutes and it was bright.
Speaker 4: Did anybody else say anything?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, there was other We were sitting on a patio with a bunch of different people and everybody was looking to it, like what is that?
Speaker 3: What's happening in this guy? Like you would have thought it was like a street light, that's how bright it was. And all of us as soon as it like shot away, everybody's like, what just happened? What's going on. We all felt the same way.
Speaker 4: Do you have it shooting away?
Speaker 3: No, because it was up there for like five.
Speaker 4: I had it shooting away. I think we could. I'm not a hater in this. I think cool. I think maybe you have something.
Speaker 6: If anyone were a believer, it would be you.
Speaker 4: Not that I think it's aliens, but over the ocean.
Speaker 3: I mean it was over water like a lake.
Speaker 4: Like a lake, yeah, ocean, Maybe I believe because I think aliens are in the ocean. Sure, yeah, But if it's over a lake, I don't know many that are down there with cafes.
Speaker 3: I mean you're also in Florida. The ocean is nearby.
Speaker 6: When you say it's shot off, what do you mean, Like, how do you like, did you see the line goop or did.
Speaker 4: You felt like it just blipped off before you saw that? Where were you on believing UFOs u aps?
Speaker 3: I mean I believe.
Speaker 10: I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I don't have the information to say they don't exist.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now after seeing it, has it shifted you a bit?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm like, Okay, well that is abnormal. That's definitely not something that happens every single day.
Speaker 4: What about the time that didn't you have like aliens in your ring camera.
Speaker 3: We thought it could be because they kept floating everywhere.
Speaker 6: And it turns out it was a condition.
Speaker 3: They were ghosts. I wasn't drinking. No, the somebody had said that.
Speaker 2: There was orbs like ghosts that could happen with orbs.
Speaker 3: That's what we thought that orbs were.
Speaker 4: Do you happen to the video on your phone case? I show Eddie, can you show lunchbox?
Speaker 5: Let me see this? So so you guys were perfectly sober at Disney and you saw this, right, I.
Speaker 3: Want to say perfectly sober?
Speaker 6: Hold on, brother, never tell my brother tells the stories like I was drinking and there you go.
Speaker 5: That's a that's a tell tales.
Speaker 4: I think I would lie to say I was perfectly sober.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, this is before the fireworks.
Speaker 4: Okay, what to look like?
Speaker 5: To you? It looks like a drone. To me, it's just moving slowly.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm still light up like a light.
Speaker 5: You know, you know every single drone in the world. You have no idea.
Speaker 3: I've seen a lot of drones.
Speaker 5: There's probably something there checking the sky for the fireworks.
Speaker 6: About the star inspection, Yeah, that sounds.
Speaker 3: Okay, but why didn't it pop up?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 3: When I googled and I went on a deep dive trying.
Speaker 4: To find this, they're not going to tell you, Eddie, look at it.
Speaker 6: Let me see. Come on, Morgan.
Speaker 5: I mean, it looks like a slow moving drone.
Speaker 2: But it's not moving though, it's staying in the sky the same position.
Speaker 3: The entire drones.
Speaker 4: What's tough and it's night and you don't get to see it, dart off. It just looks like a light up in the sky.
Speaker 6: It looks like a lantern.
Speaker 4: What do you think is in it?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think I think there's aliens coming. I'm not kidding guys.
Speaker 4: I don't think you guys understand when someone else says it, because when I say it, I'm like, how do these guys not believe? But when she's saying and I'm like, you're crazy.
Speaker 6: Like so cuckoo, don't you hear aliens kind of being like, let's check out this Disney World place.
Speaker 2: I mean, they could they could be like, there's all these people here, Why are they wanting to be here?
Speaker 3: We got to study the little people on here? What are they doing?
Speaker 5: Like, hurry up, get over there. The fireworks are about to start.
Speaker 4: Okay, So if you had this shooting off, I think we would be more prone to believe you. I think though, the fact that you are in Florida and there is a lot of water around, it could be like the government testing stuff up there as well. Sure it doesn't have to be Disney World.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: Man, it was up there for so long and it was staying still, it was bright, and then you just see it.
Speaker 3: Like flip off.
Speaker 4: We can't see that part, so it's hard for us. It's it's often like I said, if I was abduct in the middle of the I and I was in an alien spacecraft and they probed me and did all kinds of stuff. I came back, I'm like, I don't know should I tell people that's not gonna believe it. I don't have any proof. You just sound not.
Speaker 6: Your little wacko.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah you should. Okay, let's let's get you and Eddy's brother together, you get your pare stories, have some drinks. Yeah yeah. There's another small conspiracy thing happening here, also from Morgan, and it's about lunchboxes vacation where Lunchbox said he went to London with his wife. And what do you think, Morgan? What?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a little confused because I asked him to send me a picture from his vacation for a blog, and he sends me a picture of him and in the picture is this this man's hairy knees? So like, did he go with his wife or Ozzy by himself?
Speaker 4: Is there different? Explain where the knees are.
Speaker 2: We're at the bottom of the photo, so like, obviously this person who was taking the phone didn't get their knees out of the photo, but they're very clearly male knees.
Speaker 4: How do you take a picture and have your knees in a picture you're taking.
Speaker 3: Like when you took it horizontal?
Speaker 2: So there in the bottom his knee like he's sitting there and his knees are in.
Speaker 4: The bottom, so it's like leaning back like he's sitting.
Speaker 3: Like he's trying to take a picture of lunchbox.
Speaker 4: Was his dude who took a picture of you? Ah? That was some guy named Tim Okay? But I didn't I didn't know there was you have lying face right now? No, No, I didn't realize his knees were in the photos. It looks like he's lying right now a little bit. Yeah, you're smiling like I'm I'm what knees were in the photo. I don't know anything with my wife and Tim.
Speaker 1: No, No, Tim, who is?
Speaker 5: Tim is a guy that I ran into on the side of the mountain and my wife didn't make it to the top of the mountain and Tim was hiking the mountain. So we finished the last little bit together and he said, do you want me to take a picture of you?
Speaker 4: What's more believable, the UFO or Tim?
Speaker 6: I'm right now, UFOs keeping something from us.
Speaker 4: Sure with Tim, I'm sure you do. Tim's laying on the ground taking a picture of you standing up.
Speaker 3: There's some weird stuff going on here.
Speaker 4: Whatever, whatever you're into, we're good.
Speaker 5: No, No, there's nothing that I'm into.
Speaker 4: The sitting there on the ground, What are.
Speaker 5: You talking about? He's laying on his back.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Look, and you're like standing over Tim, Dudelet here's the deal. I didn't have anybody to take a picture of me at the top of the mountain, and Tim happened to be there, and so he was like, would you like me to take a photo? And I said, yeah, that'd be awesome. And I didn't know he got his knees in the photo.
Speaker 4: We're not judging any no relationships.
Speaker 3: Pineapple with you?
Speaker 4: Oh did Tim have a pineapple? Guys?
Speaker 5: Tim, he was He had just gotten off work and it was a beautiful day, so he decided to go for a HiPE.
Speaker 4: Man, this is soul. This is a crap.
Speaker 5: And Tim's got two kids.
Speaker 2: He just he's a You know, when you tell more about the story, we more think it's a lie.
Speaker 4: Right, that was that at his bio. No, you just met him over there.
Speaker 5: No, when you're hiking, when you're walking a mountain, when you're walking. The little bit that I walked up with him and the rest of the way down with him, you learn a lot about his life.
Speaker 4: Why was he laying down in that pic?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 4: First, standing over the top of him.
Speaker 5: First, he's trying to get it. He's trying to get the view. I guess I didn't even realize now and now he as he was late.
Speaker 6: I've never given my camera to someone say hey, can you take a picture, and then then lay down.
Speaker 5: I didn't say will you take a picture? Ask me if you want me to take a picture.
Speaker 4: We called him I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, we'll probably find him.
Speaker 6: That's on the app.
Speaker 5: You know what's cool is that he is retiring at the end of this month.
Speaker 4: I'm sure if I come see you guys.
Speaker 5: Huh No, I don't think he's gonna come see me. I don't know. I don't want to get ahold of him.
Speaker 4: Now, there's two weird stories for today. Morgan saw UFO and Lunchbox has a new friend.
Speaker 5: And I even have an audio of him asking I'm sure.
Speaker 6: You have audio and video doing we don't want to hear that.
Speaker 4: We're all good, okay, thank you, Morgan.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two.
Speaker 2: Bobby has been trying to pick an NFL team to root for the season and for the rest of his life. He's never had an NFL team, so this week he not only narrowed it down to two teams, but somebody on the show came in and gave a whole presentation of why he should join there preferred NFL team.
Speaker 4: Number three, Abby is going to try to convince me to be a Broncos fan. We have all PowerPoint up here.
Speaker 6: Pretty cool.
Speaker 4: She's up doing a Ted talk in her Denver Broncos long sleeve T shirt.
Speaker 10: Let's go Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: So, if you're new to the show, growing up, I never had a favorite NFL team. Massive sports fan, massive NFL fan, but lived in Arkansas, didn't have a pro team. Everybody loved the Cowboys when I was a kid. Jerry Jones played for the for Arkansas as the owner, but they were so good in the nineties that I didn't jump on because I didn't want to be a bandwagon fan. So I've never had like a team. So I'm down to two teams. I'm either going to be a diehard Broncos fan or a diehard Carolina Panthers fan. And Abby Today, who grew up a Broncos fan, wants to present this to me. Abby, What do you want to say before you get started here?
Speaker 10: Okay, Well, for one thing, the Broncos are the most fun team to cheer for.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, there we have Wow. Okay, what does your first slide say?
Speaker 10: Okay, so it says why Bobby should be a Denver Broncos fan or why he should cheer for the Broncos, and it had a little Bronco on there. So first off, the legacy in history. It was founded in nineteen sixty. K, So we're not new. We're new to this stuff. Three super Bowl championships or one in ninety seven, ninety eight, and twenty fifteen, and guess what twenty twenty six could be next?
Speaker 4: Okay, you never know.
Speaker 10: There's a AFC championships and then they're consistently competitive kind of like you.
Speaker 4: Right, there's a picture of John Elway holding up that Broncos and.
Speaker 10: That was their yeah, their first super Bowl win?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Ninety seven?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yes, ninety seven.
Speaker 5: Hey, why don'd you say who it was? I wanted to see if she knew?
Speaker 10: She did know? No, my dad and brother they got his autograph, like back when he was like playing.
Speaker 4: No way for them.
Speaker 10: Yeah, like they waited out.
Speaker 4: I can have it.
Speaker 10: Maybe I don't know where. I'll see where it is. I did ask my dad and he doesn't know where it is.
Speaker 4: Okay, next slide.
Speaker 10: So legendary player is a John Elway. So he was the Hall of Fame quarterback.
Speaker 5: This is a slide.
Speaker 10: What Okay, I'm just trying to tell you there's legendary players on here.
Speaker 4: Abby. Can I say you go first?
Speaker 6: You just know you go.
Speaker 4: Nothing? Go ahead, don't you want a team.
Speaker 10: That has legendary players they will continue to be legends. Okay, So there's Terrell Davis and he was a Super Bowl MVP. And then you got Peyton Manning, who is a Tennessee guy. So don't you want to support the Tennessee guy.
Speaker 4: I'm not a Tennessee guy. I live here now, I'm home. I'm Arkansas guy.
Speaker 10: That's true, but like we're in Tennessee. Now, then you got Von Miller, he is the Super Bowl fifty MVP. And look at these pictures.
Speaker 4: Taking the pictures I've seen way better. Ted talks. I'm being honesty.
Speaker 10: Okay, next, now this is the exciting part. Next.
Speaker 4: Okay, hopefully they are more picked. Oh there's a picture culture.
Speaker 10: Now we are known as Broncos Country. Do you want to be part of Broncos Country?
Speaker 4: Well, if you're known as it, they're.
Speaker 10: Sold out home game since nineteen seventy that's over fifty years, every game, like for fifty years. Like what other team has that?
Speaker 4: Maybe the Packer That's good. That's cool. Okay, Okay, So we.
Speaker 10: Are loud, we are loyal, and we are passionate, and we are also super nice and welcoming for people that want to come jump on board to the bandwagon. I don't know what, just like this year, you know, just for this year, if you you know. Yeah, okay, Now this is the most exciting part because look at that. That is Mile High Stadium.
Speaker 4: The picture of you. Okay, that could be your view. It says mile High advantage.
Speaker 10: Do you know why? Because they are already like trained in the altitude, so when other players come, it's really hard for them.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's why you should root for them, okay, because.
Speaker 10: They are already have a home field advantage. Yeah, and it's one of the toughest stadiums and that's why because of the altitude. But look how fun that looks. Next one beautiful? Look how beautiful the sunset? Like that's the view.
Speaker 6: That's a pretty picture the sunset.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, hey, can you question while you were putting this together, were you like this is for sure going to get them?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think it's the same picture guy, difficult, Sorry, but like.
Speaker 10: How cool it's a closer of you and you could be right there.
Speaker 4: I could be right there on the field.
Speaker 10: So guess who that is?
Speaker 4: Nick I have signed helmet from and that's why it's.
Speaker 10: Even cooler because you have a signed one.
Speaker 4: Did you know bo Nix's dad was the head coach at Henderson State?
Speaker 6: No Patrick, where you went to school?
Speaker 4: Where I was at school? That's right? Wow.
Speaker 10: Then another reason basically, yeah, there's young talent and they're building the next era of football. Man.
Speaker 4: We love young talent, we love building new eras.
Speaker 10: Yes, and then strong defense, and then there's dynamic playmakers.
Speaker 4: Looked up and wrote down what.
Speaker 10: Does that mean?
Speaker 6: What do that means?
Speaker 10: They make some good place like.
Speaker 4: Who's the best who's the best defensive player on the Broncos.
Speaker 10: That's not on the slide the next.
Speaker 11: Like one.
Speaker 4: Defensive player of the year last year.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 4: No, Okay, go ahead, this.
Speaker 10: Is about you. This is about you becoming a fan. It's thrilling. There's thrilling rivalry.
Speaker 4: We hate, hey, we hate boring rivalries.
Speaker 10: Their rivals, the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: That's like, we got a lot of text on this one.
Speaker 10: This one is basically there's a lot because.
Speaker 4: It's Broncos versus Panthers, the two teams and now this now we're talking is what you should have led with.
Speaker 10: Oh really yeah okay, so like yeah, you're down between Broncos and Panthers. So let's talk about the difference. So the Broncos have a commanding seven to two overall record against them, okay, command and in the regular season they led six to two. They have the Panthers have never beaten the Broncos on the road.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, advantage. I see the pictures and there's a heck of a band that stop from somebody's Instagram. But it was awesome.
Speaker 10: Isn't that boring?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 10: Like to be a Carolina Panthers man. They never beat the Broncos away. Boring And then like the Super Bowl fifty it was those two teams, which is kind of ironic that those are the ones you're picking from. I guess who came out the winner in the end, the Broncos. That was Terrell Owens, right.
Speaker 4: Fifty was Von Miller.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was slid back.
Speaker 4: Okay, go back to side too. Yeah, that's I see a hater, A hater point down to the bottom. It's about the Panther.
Speaker 10: It was I had to throw in like a little go ahead. The Panthers had a five to twelve record in the twenty twenty four season, finishing third in the NFC South and failing to qualify for the playoffs, didn't even make it. So then look you just what would you do at the end of the season if that happened.
Speaker 6: To take a question for you, Bobby, what would you do?
Speaker 4: Well? Would I do at home? I'm standing with the bedroom flow because I'm only you know that song, Abbey and the only way to make it is a sleep with a man for a little bit of money. And who is that City High? All right? Next up City High Mile High Stadium in and out of lockdown? Go ahead?
Speaker 6: Is that boy?
Speaker 4: That's not me?
Speaker 10: That's a version I really tried. It kind of looks like you, but that's you in a Broncos uniform.
Speaker 5: But oh man, I see that at one point is really going to get you mad.
Speaker 4: Okay, join Broncos Country, Bobby, go and read it out.
Speaker 10: Okay, So be a part of a rich tradition, experience Broncos passion. Go ahead, cheer for history, heart and future. Okay, greatest fans in the country, greatest football fans in the country. And then a really cool mascot.
Speaker 6: Why that's a Bronco.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they're cool.
Speaker 4: It's like a bucking And then say, then say it.
Speaker 10: Let's ride.
Speaker 1: Oh and you know what a.
Speaker 10: Fun fact is the Denver Airports is like all these conspiraciesies we've talked about him like, yeah, so then you could go check them out when you go the.
Speaker 4: Man, that picture of me is not me.
Speaker 10: I I really I was like, can you make a better one? It just kept getting worse?
Speaker 4: Okay, is that the last slide? Okay, there is presented a reason why I should be a Broncos fan. That is a slide show with a lot of data. It is yep, that didn't really hit the passion button. A lot of data, like a lot of data.
Speaker 5: You didn't even show us the really cool mascot.
Speaker 4: I've seen the mascot.
Speaker 6: You're all good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, thank you for doing that extra work.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so how did it first?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 4: After all that, like the picture to the passion, I'm really looking for a stadium that has some sort of advantage. It's really it's pushing me to say, I can't make a commitment today, but I will factor in all the data that you took from the internet in a Google search and then.
Speaker 10: You my boyfriend helped me.
Speaker 4: Oh nice, I was there. She is averybody man. Thank you Abby, I'll definitely put this and look at it again tonight.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Blake Shelton zoomed in this week.
Speaker 2: It's always so much fun to hear from him because he cracks hilarious jokes all the time, and he even talked about how really normal he is, from mowing the yard to his skincare roudine and his shampoo that he uses.
Speaker 3: All of it's going to make you laugh pretty much. The entire interview.
Speaker 1: Number two on the Bobby Bones Show Now Blake Blake with somebody.
Speaker 4: Hey, Bobby, I don't know why. That's just funny. I don't know why. I just feel like there's always something like he's ready to pounce on me with something.
Speaker 12: That's not true. I'm beyond that phase of my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't believe it. Hey, how many of those animals behind you did you kill?
Speaker 11: I bought all of these a cracker barrel.
Speaker 12: They were having a little clearance at Look at it, look at our clothes. I know that this was on the radio people at home. We both have our own patches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's what's your pat Mine's the Chicago Cubs patch. Though, what's your patch?
Speaker 12: I've got my ranch logo. I thought i'd match, you know, for the interview today. I got my cap and then the patch on my shirt looked like I work here, don't.
Speaker 4: I what's the deal with the logo? Did you have somebody come in and design that for you? Or where did that that logo come from?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 12: I got a friend that used to do a merchandise for me named Joe Borski, lives there in Nashville, and one year, just as a gift, he made me a box of caps and had somebody draw up this logo and I loved it so much. It was like fifteen years ago, I think, and I just kept it and now it's like look behind me here on the wall, it's everywhere.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about your Vegas residency.
Speaker 5: What are you going to do there?
Speaker 11: I'm going to sing, well, what's your thing? Like?
Speaker 4: What's your thing gonna be?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 4: Cause? These Vegas Residency shows are awesome because it's in a it's I wouldn't say a small but it's intimate because you're right on the stage like these these places are built for amazing, really personal shows. So what are you going to do at yours.
Speaker 12: Well, you know, we did it earlier this this year, pretty much last year, but I think it was February. In March, we did a short residency at the at the Colisseum there at Caesars and which is where we're going to be doing it again. And it's funny because when I signed on to do it, something in my brain my mind was like, Wow, the Colisseum, Like it's going to be huge, you know, it sounds so big.
Speaker 11: I'd never been there before.
Speaker 12: And and then what you know, then I found out later, you know, it's like you just said, it's a smaller theater. I don't know how many exactly it holds, maybe three or four thousand people.
Speaker 11: I really don't even know.
Speaker 12: But I loved it for that reason because it is more of an intimate performance.
Speaker 11: By the end of the night, I.
Speaker 12: Mean, I literally recognized people in the audience. It's like you've been singing to them all night. You know, who's which couples in a fight and who's already drunk, and like you're that close to them, and a lot of actual conversations and things, you know, end up happening from the stage, which you can never do, you know, in an arena or you know, at a festival or something. So for that reason, it's been one of my favorite experiences as a as an entertainer that I've had in a long time, you know, since back in the day of playing like you know, a small acoustics show or something where you're really that animate and you can tell stories and people listen and respond.
Speaker 11: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: So the Precell is starting today. Eight show is from January fifteenth to thirty first. It's a second Las Vegas residency, So starting at ten am Pacific time today, if you go to ticketmaster dot com slash Blake Shelton Vegas. Now, these Vegas residencies, like that's quite the paycheck, right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know they're they're pretty good. I mean, just to be totally honest with you, But and here's why, Bobby. It's not that you get paid, you know, way more than you would you know, for.
Speaker 11: Whatever else you do.
Speaker 12: But the fact that you're that's home base and you're not loading up, you know, fifteen trucks every night and going to the next town and buying airplane tickets and hotels, the whole thing. You know, the fact that you can just set up and play at one place over and over again. You know, artists do better in Vegas.
Speaker 11: It's a you know, it's a fact.
Speaker 4: Well I did too.
Speaker 11: I know you're just I know you're just trying to stir up.
Speaker 4: I'm not. I did two nights at the Wind doing stand up and it was the pay was like two and a half times what I normally make. I was just like.
Speaker 11: That, was it? Was it that? Or was it? Well? You don't you probably when you come in are you doing stand up? So you're not bringing no overhead so much production?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, so that I was wasn't boring. I mean your answer was kind of boring, but the question wasn't meant to be boring. So yeah, uh, talk about this TV show you're doing, Like what is it the road? You go out out? And this is with Taylor Sheridan, who did all the shows that we watch. He's got one hundred shows now, so this is like life on the road, that type of thing in a competition series where artists try to make it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, it's more about trying to capture, uh, the audience in a live performance setting at a place where they have no idea who you are.
Speaker 11: They've they've never seen you before.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 12: And they're they're there to see Keith Urban every single night, and they don't know who these artists are that are opening uh for Keith. And it's the job of these artists to try to capture the attention of these crowds and and.
Speaker 11: And win the night.
Speaker 12: You know, people that are there in the in the building, in the moment are the ones that are voting on this competition. And and every night is a different venue somewhere across the US.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 12: And man, it was it was so fun to film. We've already filmed the entire season. And uh, it was a blast.
Speaker 11: I think it was a.
Speaker 12: Lot harder than and then any of us thought it would be on on the artists.
Speaker 11: Because they're all developed artists.
Speaker 12: I mean, there are people with experience and that play on the road some, but they're just not necessarily big names.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 12: And when you when you roll into a town and you and you send out a you know, a social media message that says, come out and see Keith Urban tonight for free at this bar, you know, you can hear tires squealing before you lay your phone down. You know, people lining up and and uh and when they get there. They don't realize they're going to have to set through, you know, twelve acts before Keith gets on stage, you know, and and that's a tough situation to put them in.
Speaker 11: So it's a lot of fun to see how they handled that.
Speaker 4: Who taught you how to play guitar?
Speaker 12: My uncle Darryl up in Ada, Oklahoma. He's he's still there today kicking around. I've got that very first guitar that he taught me to play guitar ons no Aria, and I still.
Speaker 11: Have it now.
Speaker 12: He was a guy he knew like probably you know, seven or eight chords, like all the you know, the common ones that you'd play in country music. He taught me what he knew, and then I kind of took it from there. And I didn't take it very much further from there a little bit.
Speaker 4: Do you think had you not gone and been on the Voice, you would still be here in Nashville living full time?
Speaker 11: No, I had.
Speaker 12: I had moved to Oklahoma before that. I moved to Oklahoma in two thousand and six, and the Voice came along in twenty eleven. I think, yeah, I lived in Nashville for twelve years and I just never I never felt like it was home.
Speaker 11: I just always wanted to be back in Oklahoma.
Speaker 12: So I think at the time that I moved back to Oklahoma, i'd had four or five hits, you know, enough that I felt like I had my foot in the.
Speaker 11: Door and I could get away with not living there.
Speaker 4: You know, what do you do every day?
Speaker 12: Just now, I was mowing, believe it or not, which is that's why I have on the work shirt. Just getting ready for you know, fall coming in. A lot of brush hogging and things like that. The ranch is starting to look a little raggedy.
Speaker 11: So I thought I would mow today.
Speaker 4: You're still mowing. You're not like the foreman. You're actually on it.
Speaker 11: Trust me.
Speaker 12: There's plenty of times where I'll go, hey, you go out there and mow that. But today I just thought, man, you know, I need to actually contribute around here.
Speaker 11: So I was actually out there doing it.
Speaker 12: It's it's not like I was mowing on like a push mow or something. I have the big tractor out there with a cab and listening to the radio and stuff.
Speaker 4: So, okay, a couple of questions, and this one is meant with full sincerity. Do you know I just because I know you're going to think I'm up to something I'm not. But okay, do you have a skincare routine? Do you take care of your skin?
Speaker 11: No? I don't.
Speaker 12: In fact, I probably should at my age, but I don't.
Speaker 11: What about really all I have to say about what about when.
Speaker 4: You, like, like when you wash your hair, do you have like the dual body wash hair wash or do you have specific like fancy hair products.
Speaker 12: No, I don't have fancy hair products at all. I think the you know, whatever is available is what I use. Like, I'd never travel with like shampoo, because I know there's gonna be some hotel brand in the hotel and that's totally.
Speaker 11: Fine with me.
Speaker 12: I tell you what I do like to do once in a while is I'll get on Amazon or whatever and order a bottle of like, you know, like dinner X or Selson Blue, whatever they make, because I love that tingly feeling on my head.
Speaker 11: You ever use any of that stuff, Bobby.
Speaker 4: At Selson Blue, I haven't even thought about it in fifteen years, So you've like reintroduced me to what Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 12: If you could cut that's because it's probably got stuff in it you should never yeah, I don't know that I shouldn't say that.
Speaker 11: But it tingles. The tingle is hard. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Good. Do you like to smell of gas?
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 12: It does not bother me if gas gets on me when I'm at the gas station or whatever, you know, I feel like it's like makes me feel like a man, like I did.
Speaker 11: Something that day.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: Let me give you a couple of generic music questions, and I think our audience would be really curious to know what song do you feel like was most instrumental in your success?
Speaker 12: I would have to say Austin, only because it was my first single and it was a big record for me, and I think it it was it kept me hanging around even times when I, you know, would have singles come out and not do well. It was still I was still getting a lot of work and stuff because I was the guy that sang Austin. But I also think that Old Red has been.
Speaker 11: Very important.
Speaker 12: I mean, I have a a you know, a bar and grilled chain now because of Old Red, and it's definitely a fan favorite.
Speaker 11: But Austin, I think I would have to say, what.
Speaker 4: Song when you perform live does the audience know from the first couple of notes and go crazy Old Red.
Speaker 11: It's just sket I don't know what it is.
Speaker 12: About that intro, but they're ready for it and they recognize it.
Speaker 4: Which of your number one songs were you most reluctant to put out and you were proven wrong?
Speaker 12: There's a song called who Are You When I'm Not Looking that I was very nervous about it. It's such a soft ballad that I was just afraid, you know, I was going to lose my momentum. And I love the song. I just wasn't sure if it would be a hit or not.
Speaker 4: Is it true? In two thousand and one, you were going to release I Want to Talk About Me and Toby ended up getting it.
Speaker 12: I had recorded the song was written from Bobby Braddock wrote the song for me because I used to go into the studio when we were working on my first album and I would always have these stupid apps that I would, you know, make up about whatever that day, and Bobby said, oh, you want to you know, you want to sing a rap song?
Speaker 11: I wrote you a rap and.
Speaker 12: So we recorded the song and it was going to be on my album and at the time it was I was on Giant records and they did some of those focus group testing things you know about that stuff, Bobby, and it was like they wanted to play like four or five songs for these groups, and the testing came back that on I want to Talk about Me. It was so terrible that they said, not only do we not want this to be a single, we don't even think you should put it.
Speaker 11: On your album. It's that horrifying of a song.
Speaker 12: And then of course you know Toby recorded it and I think had a two month number one.
Speaker 11: Record on it.
Speaker 4: Finally, those focus groups they suck, especially if it's anything different. It's almost like I think it was Henry Ford was like if you ask people, they would just say they wanted a faster horse instead of the car. And that's a bit of what I feel about focus groups, Like they're only answering questions based on what they already know, not on what that's exactly.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they like what they know, they don't know what they like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, tell me about State Country or die trying.
Speaker 12: I've got this thing where I can't get past some of those old Alabama records and I'm and I'm quite a bit of a copycat sometimes when I make my records because I always want to end up putting something on my records that's like something my heroes did, you know?
Speaker 11: And and for me that always goes back to maybe you.
Speaker 12: Know Travis Tridd or Alabama or Earld Thomas Conley or Mark Carley, some of these people, And I've come up.
Speaker 11: With these records that I think, oh, they would have done that. Uh.
Speaker 12: And State Country or Die Trying is a little little bit of that. Especially the intro of the song is I always think, you know, I imagine that I was in Alabama.
Speaker 11: Uh. When that song comes on.
Speaker 4: Blake shelton dot com to get tickets. The pre sell tickets for his Las Vegas residency up today. Blake really appreciates the time. Good to see again, buddy, and hopefully I'll see you around here soon.
Speaker 11: Thank you, buddy. Thanks for always making time for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's real hard to make time for Blake Shelton, the most famous man of country music.
Speaker 11: Yeah you look incredible.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 4: No skincare routine. I don't even watch my face.
Speaker 11: I get you some seal, some blue, trust me feel okay good. Angle is hard, See you buddy, See you, buddy.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, should grandparents be paid?
Speaker 2: This is a question posed by Lunchbox after he had a whole situation with his in laws. His in laws watched the kids while they were away on vacation, and now his wife wants to pay them in Well, you probably know how Lunchbox feels. But there's a whole debate and a lot of people have a lot of feelings about this, which for once, the majority might be in Lunchbox's favor.
Speaker 4: Number one, let's get into some drama here. So we had vacation last week and Lunchbox, during his vacation, went out of trip with him and his wife, just those two. And so you left your kids with the in laws.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were nice enough to fly to town and said, hey, we'll watch the kids. You guys go enjoy your vacation. So what's the clip here? Uh, my wife brought up that she thinks we should give them five hundred dollars. Who my in laws? What's for watching the kids?
Speaker 4: Okay, let me hear this clip.
Speaker 6: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: I just don't get how that makes sense. Well, they came here and they watched our kids for a whole week, Like that's a lot of work.
Speaker 4: So I think they deserve payment.
Speaker 13: I understand you think they deserve payment, Like five hundred dollars. Isn't that called being a grandparent? You got the payment is they got to see their grandkids, right, and they did something nice for their daughter and their.
Speaker 10: To hear you, But they're still sad and they still forgiving up their own time and stuff.
Speaker 13: So yeah, I think they should give them something.
Speaker 5: All right, that's my gosh, I'll maybe five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what was said ahead of time?
Speaker 5: That was her. She just brought up and goes, hey, you know, what do you think about giving my parents five hundred dollars? And so I was like, wait what a minute?
Speaker 4: Like, but was there any discussion ahead of time of like you covering their flights?
Speaker 5: Now there's none of this. This is all post transaction. This is post history. Like they left, they flew out of town, and now all of a sudden, I'm getting this this like bomb dropped on me.
Speaker 4: I guess you could say, do you think that they mentioned to your wife?
Speaker 5: That could be because she did drive them to the airport without me, so I was not around for a conversation. Maybe they had like, hey, you know, are you gonna.
Speaker 4: Give us anything or and you don't think you should.
Speaker 5: I don't think I should. I think they said, hey, we'll come do it. So they said they'd come to it. They did it, it's been done. Part of the thing is you could to spend time with your grandkids. Didn't that payment enough? That's what you want.
Speaker 4: I don't think. I don't think that works. That's not I don't think no, no, no. I think yes, that's awesome. And I think though, if they were like, hey, we're gonna come, we'd love to do it. And it's super nice of them to do. If there would have been discussion of hey, yeah, we'll cover your flights, we'll make it easy on you guys, that that happens ahead of time, I.
Speaker 5: Thought so too. I do. I mean feel a little bad because my father in law did catch something from the kids, like he's like not feeling.
Speaker 6: Well, that's part of it.
Speaker 5: But that's part of it. That's that's enough, that's right. That means he was snuggling with the kids. That means they got to spend good quality time with the kids.
Speaker 4: They drive or fly, they flew. Do you know how much their flights were I have no idea?
Speaker 5: Okay, direct flights?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well have you ever paid for this before?
Speaker 4: The question? Good question.
Speaker 5: No, I've never never even thought about paying for it, and they do they volunteer to do it. I don't know if they've volunteered or if my wife had to reach out and be like, hey, you know, we'd like to go on a vacation. Can you guys come? I don't know if they were like, hey, why don't you guys go on vacation and we'll come watch the kids?
Speaker 4: So you think they'll be upset if you don't pay them money? Do they know your wife is asked? In your opinion?
Speaker 5: A little bit of me feels like they know.
Speaker 4: She asks him, Eddie, what do you think?
Speaker 6: I feel like this is easy. They both Lunchbox and his wife have different bank accounts. If his wife thinks it's a good idea to pay them five hundred dollars, then it could come out of her account. Lunchbox, stand your ground, because I'm with you. I think the grandparents it's a gift for them to come watch your kids.
Speaker 4: For It's not a gift. They're doing a favor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but grandparents look I've never heard of a grandparent not wanting to do this.
Speaker 4: It's not about want, it's about what it costs to do it.
Speaker 6: Probably, I think grandparents are happy to pay the plane ticket to go see their grandchildren. So you say, your final answer is lunchbox. If she wants to pay her parents five hundred dollars, that comes out of her account, lunchbox shouldn't have to No, not if lunchbox disagrees with it.
Speaker 4: Morgan, what do you think about this?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: My goodness, I okay.
Speaker 2: My dad came in and watched my animals, and I'm literally giving him stuff because he came into that out of like just kindness, because he cared to come in town and take care of them for me when I could go on a trip.
Speaker 3: Like this is being kind. Maybe it's not five hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Did you give your dad?
Speaker 2: I got it like a massage and a gift card to go out to dinner like something, because he didn't want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was so kind that he.
Speaker 4: Flew in to do that.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 5: Oh well, I did, okay if you I mean I did bring my mother in law back some tea from England because they drink tea. She drinks, tea, considering yourself paid.
Speaker 4: So I was in the airport and they had a.
Speaker 5: Little tea section and I bought a couple of different kinds of tea.
Speaker 3: Okay, that cow start start Okay.
Speaker 4: So Morgan, you say what I think.
Speaker 3: You need to do some kind of gesture for him.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's not five hundred dollars, but you need to do something because they did come this way.
Speaker 3: They spend a week here with your kids, even though they're the grandparents. You need to do something for them in return.
Speaker 4: Why the number five.
Speaker 5: Hundred, I don't know where my wife got that, Okay, because she a lot of money. She said, that's not even one hundred dollars a day and they're here twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 4: Do they need the money?
Speaker 5: No, they're good. They're retired, man. They are chilling. Okay, they are doing nothing. So this is what I would say.
Speaker 4: Is it important that they do it again?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's what you don't want to lose. Yeah, that it's not about you paying them for the past. But if there's an expectation now, and maybe your wife's up the expectation with them, and that expectation isn't met then if you need them again, they may not be as quick to jump on an airplane and come and spend a few days here. So is it worth whatever that number is, five hundred dollars to make sure that they can be around the next time that you guys are going to leave and someone needs to watch your kids. I think that's what you have to factor in more than paying them for services rendered. It's making sure they feel comfortable with the overall experience so they'll do it again. Yeah, does that sound fair?
Speaker 5: I mean, I understand what you're saying is like I mean, in the future, I'd love to go on a vacation, okay.
Speaker 4: And if you don't treat them with the respect that they feel they deserve to be treated, if that's monetarily, if that's a gesture, then they may be less prone to accept.
Speaker 5: I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 4: So that would be my answer is just pay it's gonna make your wife happy. They're still they're gonna be on standby the next time and happy to come and help you next time.
Speaker 5: You know what about the tea?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, okay, pay them four ninety five. Well, t there was more than fine dollars okay, whatever it was. I think you pay them if it's not gonna like break you guys. If it's not going to I cause you to miss the water bill and you have it, pay them.
Speaker 6: It's the what do you call that though?
Speaker 4: Like setting up it's not a principle the prince.
Speaker 5: No, no, no precedent.
Speaker 4: You don't want to set that precedent, man, Okay, but then you may not have the ability to have them ever again, or at least for them to be as flexible as they are precedent or not.
Speaker 6: Okay. But on the other side, it starts at five hundred, next time, what's it gonna be seven to fifty? Then we're gonna go to a thousand.
Speaker 4: What I would do, though, next time. What you can learn this is to talk about what you're gonna do ahead of time. Yeah, okay, because you probably didn't even cover their flights with the five hundred bucks. Probably not, and it's not about money, but I think it would be a nice gesture, and I think it would set up precedent that it's not gonna be more than that, or you can just cover their flights, but that's gonna cost you more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, maybe I should suggest next time they drive.
Speaker 4: You could suggest that yes, yeah, I say you pay them. You can even split it two fifty two fifty you and your wife different bank accounts, but I think they need to be paid because you're gonna want to use them again. Feel good about it.
Speaker 6: It doesn't sound like Okay.
Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: And that wraps it up for me this weekend. Thanks for hanging out on the Best Bits. Check out that Part one and Part three with Scuba this weekend. You can also check out my podcast Take This Personally. This past week I had on Nate and Holly, who a lot of people on social media know him as Nate the Great, and they shared.
Speaker 3: Their whole story and it's super special.
Speaker 2: They have a company called twenty one Pineapples that I think you guys will really love, so check that out if you have some extra time this weekend. I know I'm going to be relaxing and stanly being for pretty much the remainder of the year after all of my trips, so that's what I'm going to go and do.
Speaker 3: Now bye, everybody.
Speaker 1: That's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend, go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 7: Bomb show and follow at
Speaker 1: Webgirl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.