Speaker 1: Are you leave in I you wanna way back home? Either way, we want to be there.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and a terminol and gay a. We want to send you off InStyle. We want to welcome you back home. Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: We scared her? Was it fine?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Porn? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Ride?
Speaker 5: Do you with Karen and Chris?
Speaker 6: It's Christmas time in the city ringing.
Speaker 3: You're listening listening to I'm singing, I'm be need to ride?
Speaker 1: I Chris Fairings s ringle ling a ling.
Speaker 5: And next to me twinkle time, Magic hour.
Speaker 3: Jesus comes an he hides eggs under your pillow.
Speaker 5: He takes a chickens eggs.
Speaker 7: Oh, I guess I'm thinking of Easter. That's a different holiday. Ye yes, well wait, this is he's born or he died. But then when he Ris Christmas is born Easter. What has risen means is rising because he died Chris.
Speaker 4: But then they put him in the tomb and three days later they rolled the large stone away from the front of the tomb.
Speaker 1: He was not there. He had risen to the right hand of the Lord.
Speaker 3: That is I mean, we're talking about ghosts here. Why isn't that what Halloween is about?
Speaker 1: It's you know what I it is.
Speaker 4: Halloween is almost like a remix of Easter mm hmm, but it's more generalized.
Speaker 3: Now, why is there a rabbit? Whysei dealing in chickens eggs? And why are we what do you know anything about that backstory and why it applies to this risen business.
Speaker 4: I believe it is symbolism, and it's from a rebirth, new life, chickens, bunnies, new things that are born in spring. Sometimes a baby lamb will get thrown onto a card, but it's all about new life, which is what the resurrection of Christ promises.
Speaker 1: To those who eat of his body and drink of his bulls.
Speaker 5: Certainly, certainly skin.
Speaker 1: It's just in my subconscious I could do this for hours, I.
Speaker 5: Know, and that's why I'm just asking. I know I'll get the answers.
Speaker 1: It's horrifying.
Speaker 3: So why don't we talk about this skin eating and blood drinking during Christmas?
Speaker 4: Because Christmas is about the rewards of eating the blood and drinking the skin and that's usually sweaters and hit grief arms sausages.
Speaker 3: Well, what a better time and summer sausage. I should may be eating it in the winter off season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you save it, you put it up, let it cure.
Speaker 3: I just think his birthday is a good time to talk about that ghost business.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, you're right, it's just broble too many things.
Speaker 3: No, no, yes, Christmas, I am Can you tell that I'm embarrassed that even though we were improvising, and.
Speaker 5: I really will, I was not. I'm going to say I was not.
Speaker 1: You were suggesting I was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was now ending your song.
Speaker 3: And then all of a sudden, I did it so much that I start singing Eastern lyrics and sure, and that can only be there's no excuse for that.
Speaker 4: Chris, I feel like Muss CHRISTI Chris Muss is here. I feel like you've had so many traumatic experiences with Christianity that you probably really see them all as the same horrifying slew of events.
Speaker 3: It was really just a scary week at a Bible camp. But there was a lot of events.
Speaker 4: Did they have any Easter services or was it summertime?
Speaker 5: Oh? It was summertime. Yeah, it was a summertime.
Speaker 3: I was invited there because my sister kissed boys and she said I'd enjoy that that I would.
Speaker 5: Like maybe meet a girl.
Speaker 3: And there's archery and ynewing, and I was like, this is going to be great.
Speaker 5: I like the out of doors.
Speaker 3: And they just lock you in a chapel and made you speed read quiz you first Corinthians never went through, and they all raised their hand at once and I'm like, I am not from the year with this book whatsoever. And they were they were judging, and then at night they were both a giant bonfire and everyone was encouraged to put a log down and improvise some I now accept you speech.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I had nightmares every night. I was hearing voices. They basically told me my parents were going to hell. So I thought I was possessed. There's a very grim Rick Ahead, Wreck Ahead, Rick Ahead.
Speaker 1: It's Rick, my old neighbor. I thought you were fun. I don't know why they call you that.
Speaker 4: He crashes his car because he is fun in a grim way.
Speaker 5: Rick. He's my favorite new person anyway.
Speaker 3: I guess I've had some other I've also had good experiences with you. Yes, adults that meant well, that had no you know, I'm like, these are good people. I'm being surrounded by bottom line, yes, where are they now?
Speaker 1: Where are they now? This Christmas?
Speaker 5: So you don't have my back like they did when I was sixteen?
Speaker 4: Hold on, no, I think you because we improvised that amazing musical interlude for the beginning, you haven't done the actual intro and introduced the show.
Speaker 5: Oh, I was starting to sing it. I kind of say, I think I interrupted.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to do your even riding alling okay, which was a terrible attempt. And then I said my name, and then but your name's Karen Kilgarriff in case.
Speaker 1: So so you introduced yourself right, and then everything's fine.
Speaker 5: Usually you do introduce yourself.
Speaker 3: It would be unorthodox for me for the very first time, and I left quiet. To my left is Karen Kilgarriff. I will speak for it.
Speaker 5: She'll be having the chicken, she.
Speaker 6: Lays, the clubs and colleges all over the country, and one glass of wine and that's it.
Speaker 5: Really this time, I would never speak for you.
Speaker 1: You absolutely can.
Speaker 4: I just want to make sure you know for myself what I look to in podcasts is consistency right right, especially this podcast.
Speaker 3: There's no consistency whatsoever except in the beginning we say our names and somehow I fuck that up.
Speaker 5: Now, this is Karen Kilgarriff. I'm Chris Fairbas. You're listening. Do you need a ride?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: I know where I am. Here's what's consistent about us.
Speaker 4: We absolutely will tell you the same story twenty times.
Speaker 1: That's what the consistency is. Redundancy for this show.
Speaker 3: Consistency really is redundancy on how you look at it.
Speaker 1: Say it again, underline it one more time.
Speaker 3: I think it's really I will I'll reably see it again in a minute.
Speaker 5: That's the repetition that we promise, that.
Speaker 1: We guarantee that will make you feel comfortable.
Speaker 3: I think I'm a bit of a bully, a little bit because whenever someone's on like a tiny little scooter, or that guy had a modified tiny motor cycle kit and with little wheels, but he had a grown up, big boyd motorcycle helmet, it makes me laugh.
Speaker 1: Look at him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why am I I'm a bully? I'm ah, it's a perfectly fine little bike.
Speaker 1: It's little.
Speaker 3: It gets him to point a point B it's low mileage. He cares about the guy probably adopts animals.
Speaker 4: Who but this is Los Angeles, where it might as well be mad Max, Like, you just don't want to be on a scooter in this town.
Speaker 1: You be eaten alive.
Speaker 5: I forget. Sometimes we're in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: And the other night I had maybe a couple drinks, but it was a party.
Speaker 5: It was a holiday party.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, there's a reason. And then nice hang out with Brian Cook and we were the greatest. We were just wandering around the Virgil where the party was, and we got beef jerkey sticks at seven to eleven and we were saying goodbye to each other. My car was the other direction, so we were sort of in the middle of the street in the crosswalk, and a car, I guess it quit saying walk and we were just talking and a car like swerved at us to make a point that we were in the way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we were like, come on, and.
Speaker 3: Brian put his arms in the air, and then the guy just whipped a U turn and came yeah at us and started saying fight things, and we both like laughed at him, and then I just started walking towards the car, like, now, let's fight this guy. I'm I didn't realize it's one hundred percent wrong in the middle of the night. So the guy rolled down his window and then I he started shifting around and looking at the console and I'm like, this is scary. What if this guy has a gun. I'm not a tough guy. I'm five eight, five nine going on five eight. I'm not I'd never been tough. I'm gonna just admit that I'm just and I got scared and I'm like.
Speaker 5: Let's not.
Speaker 3: Brian tried to get he tried to opened his door, no, yeah, to get in the car, and the guy drove off, and then we kept talking and the guy came back with his brother and he introduced him as his brother. And the guy had his hand in the back of his pants and I was like, why is your handback there? Do you have like a gun? He said yeah, and I'm like, oh no, that's terrible. We don't Earlier we were just I want to open by saying I apologize, and Brian's like, I don't. He would not apologize to the guy, and he wanted to fight, and he brother's brother, who seemed like he was playing video games at home or something.
Speaker 5: So obviously these.
Speaker 3: Guys weren't super scary because I'm talking about it, but.
Speaker 5: He showed me something.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was holding his wallet, but it definitely he was pretending it was a gun, which is enough for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why wouldn't it be? And I'm very easy to get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's like, what, I'm just admitting I made that mistake.
Speaker 5: And that Brian that doesn't care if he lives or dies out there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do, though you do on the on the B side though, but at the A side you'll be like, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah street, Yeah, yeah, it's the other side. It's not my greatest hits. My B side is very I'm just, uh, you know, I'm a little embarrassed. I'm just admitting this that. But it's nice because it means I care about life.
Speaker 5: And that's right.
Speaker 1: You had a discovery in that life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't want to get shot by a guy with a gun.
Speaker 1: How was that party?
Speaker 4: Was the music super loud and you couldn't hear anybody?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: When I walked in, I was like, I don't want to be here. I got claustrophobic. Why day I leave the house? And then reminded later when I'm almost in a gunfight.
Speaker 5: That's scary. That is not good Christmas tailgating.
Speaker 4: Well, and who's at the front, Your little friend on a scooter.
Speaker 3: Mustang's going after Yes, that that guy is like hugging the bumper, Yes, of the other car. He's so mad that they're going slow that he's ready, Yeah, to get in a carved fender bender, or just tip.
Speaker 1: That scooter over, which would be the easiest thing in the world to what.
Speaker 3: If After I made fun of the guy's helmet and his little bike, we've watched him get manslaughter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we have to witness at his trial.
Speaker 5: I the next day.
Speaker 3: After this, this this gun possible gun situation. It could have been a wallet. Like I said, I was so depressed. I was like, that was what a dumb night. I shouldn't ever go to parties or ever have drinks, or ever walk in the street, and ever leave my apartment.
Speaker 5: And so I've been a bit of a homebody.
Speaker 1: So you really solved the problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I'm going to get a Christmas street and start decorating and not leave the house.
Speaker 1: Stay indoors. Look, you can do every single thing.
Speaker 4: It's cold outside, baby, listen, just don't stand in the street. And if you do and someone gets mad at you for it, then you go, we're just an.
Speaker 3: I think normally I would go like, yeah, you're right, yeah, but I.
Speaker 1: You know, well you got you got up in that, Brian.
Speaker 5: Cook, I'm talking two or three. Oh man, he doesn't care.
Speaker 3: He's and then later he was like, I've never even been in a fight in my life. I just know how to be confident. And the guy was like yelling at his face and he was just smirking at him. He's like, so what are you going to do now? You know what You're going to do? Nothing, And the guy was like he just was mumbling and getting mad. And then they drove off and I never got shot. And I'm like, how'd you do that, Brian, because but he did demand I apologize, and I'm like, oh, I actually do apologize.
Speaker 5: I actually am sorry.
Speaker 1: That is not a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guns told make me really back up, Enrich. I don't think the guy had been you know, but he just had his hand back there. And I was the one that brought up the gun and they said yeah, yeah, I totally do yes.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yes, we have guns.
Speaker 5: I'm realizing now it was my idea.
Speaker 1: Anyway you introduced it into the situation.
Speaker 5: Short storyline is what just happened.
Speaker 4: So nothing else to tell me about that party, like what did I miss? Anybody good, et cetera.
Speaker 5: I did have a good time.
Speaker 3: I just kind of talked to new strangers.
Speaker 4: Weird and some old friends. The new strangers threatening you with a gun in the street no.
Speaker 5: Before when we were in the building safe, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and you walked around say Hi, I'm Chris. I do comedy.
Speaker 5: I just was like, I like your jacket, what's your name?
Speaker 3: And had normal jacket conversations and I like to yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: Important for me to just be in those organic socials.
Speaker 3: I was on the other side, like the party was on the right side, and I was like, I mean, I just talked to these normal civilian people because I relax a little and not and I did. It got me out of my head and then I went back over to the comedy party and then everyone had left pretty much. But I did have an anxiety that washed over me when I first got there, and it was it's was based in loud music, in small space and a lot of bodies, a lot of heat me wearing a thick sweater.
Speaker 4: You know, I've gotten into so many fights with Joel about that party and how they have to turn the music down, and he argues me every time, and I'm like, it's comics.
Speaker 1: They want to riff and talk to each other.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make sense that you have a DJ play music so loud that within fifteen minutes everyone is screaming and they can't like they get horse because they're yelling.
Speaker 5: So I had I was good. I had no voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, of course not. And that's like within fifteen minutes.
Speaker 5: It was either from yelling or from begging for my life something. It made me horsey.
Speaker 1: It made a little horsey horse.
Speaker 3: I didn't get a little horsey in the and so and then Thanksgiving, I didn't really do it.
Speaker 5: I went bowling.
Speaker 1: Nice, Yeah, very good if you stayed in town.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I shouldn't bowling is there's professionals that do it. Why am I able to suddenly almost have a perfect game? That doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 5: I never do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just bowled good, well, good and well. And I don't it's just funny to me because I don't.
Speaker 5: I shouldn't be.
Speaker 3: And I realized every time I eat bad food and I'm sticking my fingers in these municipal holes that are so extinct dirty.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then with the same hand, I learned this time. Maybe that's why I bowled better. I start eating with the left hand.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: And then you need a.
Speaker 3: System, yeah yeah. And I didn't get sick because it builds.
Speaker 5: Up the immune system. Yeah. Yeah. So and then enough of my boring stuff.
Speaker 1: You went on a europe I went on a European tour.
Speaker 5: You went to Ireland, England. Where'd you go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, Scotland as well as let's see doo dooo? Do you all through UK? And then and Ireland? And then we went over to I don't know where I am right now. We went over to Barcelona. We called it the company retreat.
Speaker 5: You went to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we went over to Buffalona for the last couple of days.
Speaker 5: That is for did you have a show there?
Speaker 1: It was after our last show.
Speaker 4: We hung out for a couple of days in London, which was awesome. We went to a real soccer match really yeah. Chelsea was playing west Ham and we watched their game. We sat in the Chelsea area and it was amazing and so fine.
Speaker 5: Oh is Chelsea lately?
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I just was there and it's like might as well, so dumb. It's a soccer joke, first of all. First of all, it's a football joke, football, American soccer.
Speaker 4: American football. But everyone, this was my favorite moment. So we you can't bring food or drink up into the actual stands, and the stands are tiny, so you're sitting right next to like you're just jammed in and stranger. Yeah. Yeah, so it was like me, Georgia and Vince. But then I was just nick next to some little kid who was like.
Speaker 1: Just screaming the entire time. It was really funny.
Speaker 4: And then every like I think it was half hour, there's fifteen minute breaks where you can run down and drink a beer and eat something really fast, and I think it's either ten or fifteen minutes and then you go back in.
Speaker 5: Everyone everyone does it, oh yeow.
Speaker 4: And it's kind of like almost like seventh inning stretched style thing, but it happens more often. And this one time we went down and there's two of those in a game, so they are your two chances to.
Speaker 1: Get something to eat or drink.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we were down there and it's like so crowded, and it's I would say ninety five percent men, of course. And so we're standing there and Vinces like, Okay, I'm going to go over there. I'm going to use the bathroom, and then I'm going to go get his beer over there.
Speaker 1: He leaves.
Speaker 4: Me and George are standing there and realize we're kind of standing in a spot. They could be the back of the line, the last people in line, or not in line or not sure. And we're just standing there talking to each other and then this guy behind us goes, wait, are you in line?
Speaker 1: And we go, oh, no, like that, and he got he was like mad.
Speaker 4: He was a little bit like, you know, kind of working classy, kind of tough guy ish.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, every soccer game is those guys getting in riots.
Speaker 1: It's those guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But so he started to look irritated, like, motherfuckers, I've been standing behind people who aren't in line.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And right as he started getting mad, I grabbed his arm and I go, don't be mad.
Speaker 1: At us were American And then he burst out laughing and he was our friend after that.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, oh what that is a bold that could have backfired.
Speaker 4: It really hate Americans, you just added to everyone hates Americans. You have to go in knowing that that's probably the vibe is if they can hear your accent, you sound like a valley girl like we do, they're not that stoked that you're there at all. So you really have to like if you're going to say sorry, you know, like you go, yeah, no, I'm really sorry.
Speaker 1: I like that you his arm, Yeah, I'm like, we don't know.
Speaker 4: It's it was very intimidating and it was very like close quarters and kind of like you couldn't stand in the right spot.
Speaker 1: It was. It was crazy, but it was such a cool, cool experience.
Speaker 4: It was there's so much chanting and singing and like people chant, they have all these chants for their team that everyone but you knows.
Speaker 1: It's just like very powerful. And where that was in the Chelsea neighborhood.
Speaker 4: The Chelsea area of London, Okay, which is apparently fancy, and then West Ham is like working class.
Speaker 5: So was you know, I just liked I It.
Speaker 3: Was mostly older men, old like at the age a lot of Americans would retire that were working in the Union and working on this movie or this commercial I was in in England, and I liked that they were all there was like a grumpiness.
Speaker 5: There was like a resting grumpy face.
Speaker 3: Yep, they're old, they're like eh, and they didn't and then once you engage them and looked them in the eye and start talking to him, they're the best. It happened every time. They're the best people ever. And I'm like, I love this old guy. He just started He was so grumpy, he was so quiet for two days. Then I started talking to him, this driver, and he just started telling me about his son, about how his wife died. I was like starting to tear up. I'm like, this guy that I thought was grumpy is like the best.
Speaker 5: And then we hugged every single day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they're they're you know, they're tired. They literally like are the people that lift shit for a living.
Speaker 5: Look, I have a Starbucks card? Oh nice too? The one for me?
Speaker 1: Nice? Where'd you get him?
Speaker 5: As gays are from Russ Russ?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Signed simply, We're signed Russ Russ.
Speaker 3: You rule maybe in Austin, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yes, tell me now. I don't love the shouting.
Speaker 3: I would like a regular Grande coffee with almond milk.
Speaker 1: There's your lucky cricket regular. Where have you been, Jimmy Stephen.
Speaker 5: I'll have I'm trying something new. It's this salted caramelw.
Speaker 4: Yes, please, could we get assaulted caramel cold brew?
Speaker 1: What size?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 1: A grande of that?
Speaker 4: And then a grande coffee with almond milk in it? And then can I get a double tall, one pump mocha.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be it? That's right, thank you?
Speaker 3: I got I had grumpy old englishman my mind. And so I ordered a Grandpa coffee.
Speaker 1: Black coffee with almond milk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's all I need. I've been driving this. I'm not doing an accent.
Speaker 3: And then so you went to the soccer game. There was no riot, no riot.
Speaker 5: It was great.
Speaker 3: I'm always worried about riots that you hear about people getting speed up or killed.
Speaker 1: Or like the entire thing collapsing.
Speaker 3: They've had some terrible it's emotional. It's an emotional sport with bad structures.
Speaker 4: Well, and you know what they did, and they guess they this is how they prepare it. Now. There's only if the stadium was a big pie, only say two out of the ten pieces of pie were the west Ham fans.
Speaker 1: Everyone else was Chelsea.
Speaker 4: They keep them in one area and they have security guards.
Speaker 1: Lined the entire area they're at.
Speaker 4: I have video I can show you so that there can't no one can cross over and go fight and nothing like that that can happen. And as the game started to end and the west Ham team was winning, the security guards come all the way onto the field and sit down.
Speaker 1: So there's no hi.
Speaker 3: Oh, terrific. We got a serving tray that seems okay. Here's a little guy.
Speaker 1: He is a that would be mine.
Speaker 5: Okay smalls, okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: Here's your cold drink on a cold winner's day.
Speaker 1: Was it supposed to be cold Stephen? Yes, oh thank god.
Speaker 5: It's the delicious. The foam is salted caramel's.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: But then straight to the to the lightning juice down at the bottom, lightning juice. Fucking cold brew coffee makes me lose my mind.
Speaker 1: It makes me crazy.
Speaker 3: I just had a nitro cold brew and I thought it was gonna really it had the word nitro in it.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh, I'm going to be loosey, goosey. I took a nap.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, how big was it?
Speaker 5: It was grande. I mean I could have done beggar.
Speaker 1: I'm not challenging what I am.
Speaker 5: I don't think I could have a vent or larger. I'll get a Trenty.
Speaker 1: I'll get the drink that everyone's too embarrassed to order so big.
Speaker 5: I'll get an extra shot. You'd think you do you guys? When you park on on busy street? Do you leap out of your car? Do you do that? Never? That person does?
Speaker 1: That person? Okay, here's what drives me crazy.
Speaker 4: One time I was in the Ralphs parking lot and I opened my car door. I was it was when I had it was basically this car, but the SUV version. And I opened my car door because there was I looked and there was nobody obviously in the parking spot next to me. I opened my car door right as a Porsche whips around the corner to park in this empty spot. But he was easily going twenty miles an hour and he runs into my open door.
Speaker 5: When did this?
Speaker 3: And then when did you have an suv version of this car? When did you almost get manslaughtered?
Speaker 4: It was four cars ago vehicular It was in early two thousand's.
Speaker 3: Okay, and we maybe weren't friends yet.
Speaker 4: I think we I think it was that early. It may have been like two thousand and three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was just moving here. It's just a bushy tailed, fresh faced yeah, little virgin.
Speaker 4: It was the part of my life I don't like to think about. Wow, that is part when Chris didn't live in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Did you're Yeah, let's let's go ahead and say what it is BC before Chris.
Speaker 5: That's really graspy.
Speaker 3: I wish me me me improv Christmas songs were as successful.
Speaker 5: Actually, don't be right. I'm really sorry.
Speaker 3: Out of respect to whatever soccer team you like, and whatever your heritage, I'll spey. I do different white person voices. You did the door rip off? Is it one of a situation where the car bent your door the wrong way?
Speaker 4: It pushed the door into the doorframe, so I couldn't shut my door, but it didn't bend it off, and so it was right. I think I had been dating the guy I was dating at the time. I'd gone out with them like twice, and I knew that the night that night. The reason he and I weren't hanging out is because it was his night to watch twenty four with his friend, and I was like, didn't know what else to do, so I just called him and was like, I'm really sorry because I know it's your night to watch twenty four with your friend, but I'm not sure what to do because I can't shut.
Speaker 3: My car door.
Speaker 1: And he's like, be there in a minute.
Speaker 4: Oh well, and then came and fixed it with his like, with his hands, pulled the door.
Speaker 1: Back out of the doorframe.
Speaker 5: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, well, I'm in this relationship now when this is all I need? Yeah, And it taught me the very valuable lesson ladies that it's you.
Speaker 4: It's good to call upon men like that and be like I'm fucked and I need you to come and help me, because that's when men know what to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, there are times where you just need someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I don't know a door bending. Actually I'm that if that ever happens. I know my way around a vehicle. I know how to bend a doorback, do.
Speaker 1: You think so? Yeah, you can pull it right back back.
Speaker 3: And if this is only if this was only two thousand posts two thousand and three, I could have been that doorbnder.
Speaker 1: You could have bet that door.
Speaker 3: I know that I've told you this, but that same I know I told this, but hey, consistency is our problem, is our redundancy. Oh, we were skating in that street after a football game, just because the.
Speaker 5: Cars weren't moving.
Speaker 4: American football because you have yes, yes, now that you're a global traveler.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was American college double a football uh Grizzly Montana Grizzlies good and and a guy started screaming at us opened his door. That's when we realized he was in a regular car, but he was in a cop uniform, so.
Speaker 5: He was leaving.
Speaker 3: I don't know why he was in his own car, but right then a TV truck ripped his door off and he was holding onto the handle, so it put him onto the ground. And then he was embarrassed, he was maybe hurt, and we laughed because it was hilarious, hilarious, and he handcuffed us and he was so angry, and he took off his sunglasses and threw him on the dash of his car and the sunglasses broke.
Speaker 5: Insult injury.
Speaker 3: I knew not to laugh, but I think my friend Josh laughed, and so he's the first to get handcuffed. But Montana is, of course one of the whitest places ever. It's just that way. I was always kind of embarrassed about it. But my friend Josh was black. His last name is Harris. There happened to be another cop who's black and his last name was Harris. So the guy racistly assumed they were related, and he let us go.
Speaker 5: It was the best, the.
Speaker 1: Only pro racism you've seen so far.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yet the only time. It's not always bad. It gets you off the hook. He just assumed, what's your name again, Harris? Well, I'll give your.
Speaker 5: Eyes a warning. I mean, my car's ruined, my glasses.
Speaker 4: And even though I did all this to myself, I did it all to himself.
Speaker 3: And I think I said something smart assy to that effect, like we really the thing. The reasons you're mad right now don't have to do with us skateboarding.
Speaker 1: And I didn't.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't know. I didn't.
Speaker 1: They don't. They're not looking for help in those situations oftentimes.
Speaker 3: Well, anytime the police got mad at me, my mom, we'rek in city Hall on the same floor as them. If I got a ticket or anything, my mom. That's what I loved about her is. She would go and she's like which officer and she'd go to their desk and they're like, oh god, what is it now, Lynn. They were like she would yell at him some with skateboarding and you were rude to him. And this was on Wednesday at four pia.
Speaker 1: He's like, ah, sorry, sorry, I'm on all these pills.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was cool.
Speaker 3: My mom would stick up for me and she had a skateboarding is not a crime bumper stick nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she supported the Yep, yep she did.
Speaker 5: She did.
Speaker 4: You know what that reminds me of is we were in New York one time and we were this cab wouldn't drop us at the corner. Like the cab driver was like, we were in traffic, but he was like, just get out here. And my friend goes, we shouldn't get out here, and he was like, just get out here. So my friend opens her door and the car next to us go pulls forward and start and somehow part of that it was like a van, it's a rear view mirror caught the door and then started smashing the cab door.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, and it like and then it just drove away.
Speaker 4: And so then the cab pulls over and we get out and we're like, holy shit, and the cab diver starts going, you stay right there, you're the ones that did this. And this lady stepped out from the group of people who are about to cross the street.
Speaker 1: She stepped out and looked at both of us.
Speaker 4: And goes, get out of here, run right now, get out, and we just ran up the street.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he was going to try to make it like it somehow was our fault.
Speaker 5: Oh that's great when.
Speaker 4: He's the one that wouldn't pull over to the she was fucking wonder woman, still dressed as a journalist. It was just some business lady who was like, get out of here, both of you right now, Like don't don't stand around because this guy's.
Speaker 1: Telling you to stand I love it.
Speaker 3: And you were young wed some you needed Linda Carter to be there, yes.
Speaker 4: Because we were like, holy shit, this is like this weird car accident that we had something to do with.
Speaker 1: But it actually technically wasn't our fault.
Speaker 3: You're right, because you can't as I don't know, I think it was technically with my situation, we were guys on skateboards in the streets, so but we didn't make him swing open his door.
Speaker 5: It's no, but.
Speaker 3: The cop is going to be able to wear it. It on a ticket to where it is your fault.
Speaker 5: But that's the.
Speaker 4: Other problem with people, And it's not just like it's not always men, but I think it might be a little bit of the male thing.
Speaker 5: Not offending me.
Speaker 4: When you have to be the leader, then it's that much harder when you fuck up to be like, oh I fucked up, because then it's like, oh, no one will respect me. And I think cops are in that precarious position where they think that they're going to like dominate an alpha every situation instead of just be like, what's what's actually happening? How am I actually needed? Everything turns into this I'm in charge, and it's like they can't they can't be in the wrong in any way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you just described scenes from every cop movie. Yeah right, you're rich in your jurisdiction.
Speaker 4: I retire on Friday, and god damn it, I'm too old for this shit.
Speaker 1: Everything's that.
Speaker 5: Oh why have I seen all those movies?
Speaker 1: They're the best.
Speaker 5: So then you went to the soccer game, Oh you met it? You And then where you made.
Speaker 4: Forced a friend in the bar line and next night we went to see Liam Gallagher play the O two Colisseum.
Speaker 1: It was so good. It was so good.
Speaker 5: Does he still hate his brother?
Speaker 1: Yes, they can't stop fighting.
Speaker 3: Oh that's the funnest part of oas But I really do. I'm a brit pop man. I don't even think I've told you that. It's one of my most visited stations.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I love it and it is.
Speaker 1: I love their personalities.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love the fighting. Great, good for you you went there, Liam.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's this was my favorite part. We we the promoter for our show in London. Vince told him we were going to go to Liam Gallagher and he goes, I'll get you guys box seats, and Vince is like, I think we already have pretty nice seats, but let's take whatever he's offering us and then just go to the one we like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably more. What you had was more comfortable than a bomb.
Speaker 1: It was pretty cool, but I'm not It was a.
Speaker 3: Dumb joke and so I'm grabbing your arm and telling you I'm American.
Speaker 4: Oh he made us get into a weird a goat.
Speaker 1: So it's actually one of those fancy like a skybox.
Speaker 4: Jesus yeah, yeah, yeah, Jesus, Jesus yeah, no wrong, And.
Speaker 1: So we were in there.
Speaker 4: So these kids come in, this older dude and then three like teens come in and they're all fucked up and vince. Our theory was they had snuck in, right, but they basically were they went down to like the row seats that were so you're actually in the coliseum. It's the box back here, but then they had like four rows of seats where you were actually in the audience.
Speaker 1: It was really cool.
Speaker 4: And then they went down right to the front and they were fucking smoking on a vape and like drinking beer and like they looked like little baby Oasis children. Oh like they looked like they were relatives of the Gallagher family in somewhere, yes, and kind of like the attitude, and they were throwing shit off the box balcony and they were doing all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, then people start throwing shit on them because they were like, fucking yeah, we were like three rows behind them in the same box.
Speaker 4: And then they're like they're trying to start fights with the box above us because the box above us basically watched them throw shit on people, and they're like, fine, we'll throw shit on you.
Speaker 1: And then they're like, come down here, come down here. Whatever.
Speaker 4: Then they started they got so fucked up. They were like hanging off the side of the box. Like one kid at one point was just sitting with his butt balanced on the glass and his legs dangling over for what was from the show, No, no, facing the show, but essentially like hanging off the side of the box, you know, fifty feet above the ground.
Speaker 5: Vomit. No.
Speaker 4: No. He was like he was super fucked up. So he was like, oh, I'm I'm in Vincent King of the World.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, oh King of the World lane. Okay, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: It was insanity.
Speaker 4: And and we watched the beginning.
Speaker 1: Of the concert.
Speaker 4: Right as the first song starts, you see a plastic cup go straight up in the air and this beer go everywhere, and it happens like all over the floor, you know. And the women we were with.
Speaker 1: We met these girls who also have a podcast over there. They came to our show.
Speaker 4: They were super nice, so they were at that too, and they said, it's not beer, that's people who piss in cups while they're waiting for the show to start, and then when the first song plays, they throw their cup up in the air. That's horrifying, isn't that disgusting? And like, literally I saw five different ones do it. Oh my god the show started.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where that sounds like.
Speaker 3: Something you'd be at some banjo show and the Ozarks no friends. Yeah, I don't know why the Ozarks is how can I offend anyone?
Speaker 1: Also, they're very polite at banjo ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: You know, it depends on if they're plucking or picking. I'd like, I know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I can't. That's absolutely disgusting.
Speaker 1: It was pretty shock.
Speaker 5: There's nothing worse than p well.
Speaker 1: Because the girl. The girl goes, do you really.
Speaker 4: Think they're going to spend all that money on a beer like twelve fifty and then just throw it in the air. They're like, no one's throwing their beer anywhere. And then we're like, oh my god, you're right like that, there's no way that's what's happening.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. Well I did think of something worse.
Speaker 3: I saw a news story a woman, oh yeah, the man, Yeah, my diarrhea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's been like that was a chain of those happening a few interviews with her, though, and in one of the interviews, she said that that experience gave her diarrhea, and she.
Speaker 5: Wasn't joking, She just was saying, did you get sick?
Speaker 3: And she said I had, so the diarrhea gave her diarrhea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that made me laugh.
Speaker 1: And at least there's a bright spot in this story.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, thank you. That's the reason I told it. Let it be known. Diarrhea gives you diarrhea.
Speaker 1: But said that while crying, it was she crying.
Speaker 5: She was very upset. It was traumaddic.
Speaker 4: It's disgusting. It's the most disgusting thing you could do.
Speaker 5: I know, it really is the worst. I feel bad for her.
Speaker 3: Did so at Liam Gallagher show? Did he do Oasis songs?
Speaker 1: Or yeah?
Speaker 3: He did?
Speaker 5: They both have They aren't that much.
Speaker 3: They aren't enemies so much to where or is it like you get these songs?
Speaker 5: I get these songs?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Vince would know actually, because he's a huge fan and he's like followed all of their stuffy but I think those he has songwriting like.
Speaker 1: I think they co own a bunch of the songs so he can do what he wants and that's why.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's on this tour and it's like it's UK and then he was in Australia.
Speaker 1: But his he's this. We were talking about this because I.
Speaker 5: Was like, he's the nice one. I think he's the less of an asshole one.
Speaker 4: Well, over the years he's been, he's played every part because he used to be the guy that like wouldn't perform and then stood on the side heckling his brother as a brother day No.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm thinking to him, he wants the asshole.
Speaker 4: Yeah okay, but then come it might not be so like then, Like as the years progress, it's kind of maybe the that he's the misunderstood rebel. But what I was saying to Vince is it must because the other brother, Noel, is the one who writes all those songs.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't matter because Liam singing them is the song.
Speaker 4: So the brother that writes them is probably especially bitter because even though they're his inventions, it wasn't until his brother sang the song that.
Speaker 1: They became the hits.
Speaker 5: Wow yeah, and.
Speaker 4: So like you can't he can't just sit there and go, these are my songs because it's like they're just as much Liam songs and his voice makes them the song. Yeah, it's just fascinating. It's like it makes so much sense why they are in the position that they're in right now and they can't kind of can't. They can't get along basically, It's pretty fascinating.
Speaker 3: I really yeah, I would love to see them. Maybe I will someday.
Speaker 1: Well, one or the other. You won't be able to see both at the same time. I must something crazy happened, like the forty year reunion or something.
Speaker 5: I'll just go see Peter Gallagher and a plate or something.
Speaker 1: The older, more reasonable brother Peter.
Speaker 5: The same eyebrows.
Speaker 3: And then you went to Barcelona. I've been to to Plaia Majorca. Hmmm, which is like an island that's supposed to be Barcelona light.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, or like.
Speaker 3: Or esque thank you, but same that same architecture. Did you see a lot of like buildings that look like they're melting portions like that Goya or Goudy gaudy gaudy Ye, Goya's an artist. Goudy is a style of melty tilework.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's the guy who did it, Okay, the architect who designed that way, who is like at the time he's like the Picasso of architect If I'm right.
Speaker 5: Right, I think you are right, and I think that he was.
Speaker 3: There's a lot so because of everything having those kind of melted transitions that a lot of people go and skateboard on them.
Speaker 5: And he said, that's okay. I like that.
Speaker 3: That's how they're using my artwork really, and so it's not a bust when you skate there and they don't kick you out.
Speaker 5: They're like, well, or that's what I've heard. Who Yes, it would.
Speaker 4: Make sense because he was he was all about breaking up tradition, the traditional sense of things. If i'm if I have it right, if I'm thinking of the right person, right.
Speaker 3: And the guy I'm thinking of, we could look at he probably died before skateboarding was around.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what I on Twitter?
Speaker 4: On Twitter, I recently saw they named skateboarding magazine named the Skateboarder of the Year, and I was like, is that the guy we saw skating because he skated down off of the he skated right down off of the Jiffy loube that crazy Jiffy lube things.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was that the guy we saw though, No, no, no, on that his God, I'm not remembering his name, but he has the best right. No, he the guy we saw Kyle Walker, I think, okay, yeah, who the guy that won Skater of the Year is or I don't even know if he won yet. He's just everyone saying he should win.
Speaker 4: Oh I think this was the officials.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, and then he did win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that would explain why everyone's putting hashtag Skater of the Year next to his.
Speaker 1: Clips, which with the huge eyebrows.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah he is. Yeah, and that what he did.
Speaker 3: I remember years ago when Mark Gonzalez simply early grabbed the board and rolled in on that car washing bankment. I've gone and looked at it. I ran up there and stood on it. I would not even roll down it, much less do a kickflip off the roof.
Speaker 5: It's it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I've watched his video part over and over. It's crazy, and his name is escaping me anyone. No, I'm probably not disappointing anyone, but I can't. They've had time, but no week just as easily see him somewhere in town. They're all a lot of them are in this neighborhood.
Speaker 4: I'm just it just was exciting to happened by the Twitter announcement of Skateboarder the Year for Skateboarder magazine, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: What if I know? What if it's someone I've seen?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, wild No, that that's what I always do.
Speaker 1: I'm part of it.
Speaker 3: It's like when I'm if I went to a town once when I was in my twenties, and then I'm there again. I'm looking around thinking, oh, I'm going to know somebody. I spent a month here, I'm going to know somebody.
Speaker 5: Hey, what's good have you been?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? All right, so good to see you again.
Speaker 5: It's funny.
Speaker 3: If it's something that doesn't matter, like a skateboarder's name, it is going to bother me the whole time by it bothering me that I came out.
Speaker 4: I feel like his last name is Hispanic, like Ramos or something with a Z or an s.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, he's from he's from another land.
Speaker 4: Gosh, Like he could be like Chilean or Cuban, yes, or it would be Cuban.
Speaker 1: He would be.
Speaker 5: I'll think of it.
Speaker 4: South American some way.
Speaker 5: Uh, it's gonna bother me. I just watched Brazilian.
Speaker 1: Maybe he has a very beautiful face.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's I mean, there's all kinds of uh I'm.
Speaker 1: When I'm scared.
Speaker 5: Well, there's gorgeous ones.
Speaker 3: There's real ugga mugs, and they all spend you know, the gorgeous ones. Of course, they could be out kissing girls all damn day, but they're not.
Speaker 5: You know, I always think about that.
Speaker 3: It seems dumb to talk about, but I spent my best boner years just riding a skateboard. I didn't talk to girls until I was in college. I was just like, all I was caring about was skateboarding.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 5: And I'm it's funny when I just figured the option.
Speaker 3: Of doing other things that handsome people do weren't there.
Speaker 1: That was just your assumption. But what you didn't realize is you were doing the handsome thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I look at old photos and I look at me and all my friends, and we were all hot news.
Speaker 5: It's like, what the hell was I thinking?
Speaker 4: Yeah, stop doing pranks with cartons of milk and get out there and chat.
Speaker 1: With the ladies like you do now at the Christmas parties.
Speaker 4: Where'd you get your jacket, ma'am? I'm interested in your clothing I talked.
Speaker 3: To everyone was the jacket situation. Was an older man a janet or man.
Speaker 1: A great jacket.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, Oh, I'll talk coats all day. I used to who you are.
Speaker 4: I used to be very embittered by the fact that that's that seemed to be the way. And I think it also has to do with girls maturing faster than boys. But it felt like girls were much more concerned with what boys were doing, and boys were just.
Speaker 1: Out doing things.
Speaker 4: And that's what used to drive me crazy, is like we should all be doing something and not wondering what boys are doing, but instead like it's the cultural set point around junior high freshman year is you start just getting obsessed with boys and not being like what's but what's my thing I'm gonna do after school? It's just like, no, I'm just gonna say that I write my name over.
Speaker 5: I noticed that too.
Speaker 3: I noticed that girls were and it intimidated me and scared me because me and my friends really didn't care until after everyone else and so we just skateboarded right, and I'm like, are we like a sexual? And then one day it hit me and my skateboarding really went down the drains.
Speaker 1: When it finally came together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it was right right right when I was peaking. I'm looking up this guy's name.
Speaker 4: I can't Alex Ramos, Alex Milanos. I liked Tim Tim Rembindos.
Speaker 5: Yes, there's a lot like that. It's okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: I'm just andy and I'm just gonna find it.
Speaker 5: No, that's not him.
Speaker 6: Skateboard of the Year, is it is? It's about to be announced Thrasher Magazine. Milton Martinez there. I told him, let him go.
Speaker 5: To this guy? What ow I know? And they just gets up. Yeah is that blood? I'm sure there is blood. There will be.
Speaker 1: He doesn't give a fuck. He's going on. I know. Oh yeah, he's the best, Milton Martinez.
Speaker 5: And it's all different types. I mean, look at that. Where is that into the La River?
Speaker 1: Yeah? For real?
Speaker 3: They kick flips into a wall ride and it's down Boma.
Speaker 5: Well that I could do.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 3: It's very fun. It's it's funny. There's like when skateboarding is that intense. I get excited because I'm like, I could even show that to my dad and.
Speaker 5: He'd be like, holy crap. Yes, he'd make like I'm watching football noises.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all I ever wanted from my sport is for dads to appreciate it.
Speaker 4: There was you know who appreciates it is Jim Kilgariff because when he worked at the fire department. One day they blocked off a street near his firehouse for the X Games and so they all had to go down and do something like my you know, they would get pulled into stuff that was like city sure, you know, if the city was there, and they had to shut some stuff down their fire department. So my dad went down and goes, let me tell you, they have a ramp down there. And I'm like that, I know, I'm the one that's been paying attention to this, but he was. He was obsessed with it, like once he saw it in real life. Yeah, and he goes, you know, wouldn't believe what these guys are doing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Dad, this is what I've been trying tell you.
Speaker 3: It's funny though, because usually when you come across skateboarding, you're watching someone practicing it in a parking lot, and it's hard to do those tricks. Whether it's off a big, giant, scary, death defying thing or on flat ground, it's just the consistency isn't there because it's hard. So most people are seeing just kids make loud clackety clack.
Speaker 5: Noises and not rolling away from their tricks. So it makes you think skateboarding is dumb.
Speaker 1: Damn it is there.
Speaker 4: She had the voice of Poe's belcher just crossed in front of our car.
Speaker 1: That was a good one.
Speaker 5: He used to do stand up and he had a funny joke and it went like this.
Speaker 3: I bet it would be confusing if you were a doctor giving an abortion and someone burged in and said abort, abort.
Speaker 1: I mean it would be it would be it would be confusing.
Speaker 5: But you're yet you're yelling.
Speaker 3: The thing kind of was edgy because it's talking about that guy is breaking into a car or peeing against it.
Speaker 5: Did you notice that?
Speaker 4: I was thinking maybe he was talking to somebody, But look, that's not our We're not the citizen police, not on this show.
Speaker 5: Anyway. That's where you have it wrong. Okay, set back there, get me back there.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, because what were you saying when I interrupted you to introduce standments to the show. Oh oh, it was Dad's in skateboarding and appreciation.
Speaker 5: No, I was my point was made.
Speaker 3: It was just usually when you see skateboarding, it's someone it's not at that level where it's a Next Games competition with ramps or what you see in a video where they're like it's scary and they're working up to it, And like I watch a lot of videos now where it shows the process, like them having friends hoist them up on their skateboard mid handrail just to see what it feels like to be grinding down it, yeah, and then working up to getting to the top and actually all laying onto it. Like I didn't realize all skateboarders did that, Like had to overcome fear. They're not just all crazy. This guy is, though he just showed you it's like scared. Milton Milton Martine.
Speaker 1: Milton Martinez.
Speaker 4: If if we ever see Milton Martinez in real life in this car on this podcast, we will.
Speaker 1: Have to pull over and talk.
Speaker 3: I'm if I'm so excited that you're as excited as I would be, because I would I would want to talk to him.
Speaker 5: I would I would say, you're so good. I turn I know who you are, and you're really good, and you.
Speaker 3: Know what, most skateboarders would just be like you and I are. When someone says I like your podcast, they'd be like thank you, because god, yeah, not everyone knows who they are. They're not Seinfeld or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we got to get Milton Martinez out to the general public because he's doing things that need he deserves recognition before he gets.
Speaker 1: Hit by a fucking bus.
Speaker 4: Oh God, there's that one jump he does and he goes straight into the street. I think it's the jiffylube thing where he goes off of it and then straight into the street on sunset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's so crazy you're supposed to have, especially if there's someone filming.
Speaker 5: There's usually that's what's happening with skateboarding now.
Speaker 3: It's like other guys that escape for that same company or team will be in the street sharing you on getting you to do a thing, and it's part of the videos. Now, landing a trick, all the friends come over and say, yeah, you did it, and they all hug.
Speaker 5: It's like, I don't know if it's on purpose, but.
Speaker 3: I think it's trying to give skateboarding some sort of a team sport. I'm sure it's like, look at all of his friends celebrating and it works. It makes me get more excited when a bunch of people are celebrating rather than just the guy riding away with a look on his.
Speaker 5: Face like, yeah, I knew I could do that. That's not exciting. But their job also is to look for cars.
Speaker 3: So if you're about to jump in the street and someone gets hit by a car, the guy looking out there should be someone posted looking for cars.
Speaker 5: Okay, and that's on them, that guy.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but a lot of pressure. You know, it's you got it.
Speaker 4: It's whoever does look out for Milton Martinez. Please protect him with all your heart.
Speaker 3: He's clearly leaping into the street more than a lot of these guys.
Speaker 1: He's he's the leader of street leaps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, and they haven't. There's a lot of in San Francisco. There's a guy died last.
Speaker 5: Year and it was really sad. But yeah, people do get hit by cars. It happens well.
Speaker 4: Also San Francisco, there's a video I think maybe you and I watch. I can't remember, but there's those streets are so nuts, and I'm sure they're so tempting to daredevils and those pipe type of people.
Speaker 1: But once you get going, you're on.
Speaker 4: A forty five degree angled going down like you can't stop, Like you better know how to get off that fucking thing or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they power there's little. The only speed checking you can do is a little power slide. It's where you slide sideways. Yeah, and that can only I mean, first of all, it's going to make you go through your wheels pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: You're going to have to replace some of those. Yes, struts and stats, what do they call it? Your You get your wheel rucks in your struts.
Speaker 5: Your drugs and wheel trucks. That's right. Struts are like shocks. That's card. That's ridicular shit.
Speaker 1: Milton, Milton.
Speaker 4: We're sorry, Milton, Please Milton, she said struts.
Speaker 1: Milton, my god, shut up. Can you hear it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: What if he was all of a sudden there just putting gifts under that tree? Milton Martinez, why don't you get me?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we can see right into your front window.
Speaker 4: Milton, I got you struts, thank you, I got you trucks.
Speaker 1: This is sl that I've ever had.
Speaker 5: That's great. I'm gonna watch his video part again and you should too.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, the reason it my eyes because they had it was clear now that I'm thinking of it. Obviously it was Thrasher Magazine because they're like the twenty nineteenth skater of the Year is. And then they kept having different people say it, so it was like Tony Hawk said it, and then that one guy from the the say the Toy Dogs, the Neighborhood Dog Team, Oh, dog Town Dogtown Boys.
Speaker 1: There was the guy from that documentary I recognize.
Speaker 5: Oh sure.
Speaker 4: It was almost like all the greats. I'm sure it was the guys who have Benett before.
Speaker 3: I think it's because this guy it's such a standout video part that suddenly just won him the approval of everyone.
Speaker 5: It's never that cut and dry. Usually people are like.
Speaker 3: Well this guy did this, this and this, and it becomes boring and then the name is like who.
Speaker 5: Okay, they're all good, but this guy is the best.
Speaker 1: I mean it.
Speaker 4: Also, the competition for that is so crazy because it's like, oh so, I guess you just have to jump off the getty. Especially like every it just is about being kind of like fearless.
Speaker 3: It is getting That's the one thing I can't My friend made a skate video for Red Bull and I went to the premiere of it, and it was all big, scary leaping off giant things and going and grinding down handrails and there was no like doing flip tricks in a parking lot that that's always been my So it was almost unrelatable, Like it has turned into such a stuntman death defying thing that I almost don't relate. Yeah, I'm like, I guess I can kind of imagine what it would be like to do that going really slow on a curb, but yeah, it's just so fast and scary and they're falling and hitting their heads and getting knocked out and blood like it is getting so dangerous. Yeah, and yet there's such a gap between these kids that make a lot of money because they have a Nike shoe and then there's other pro skaters out there that that still are.
Speaker 5: Delivering food or whatever. They have to do other jobs.
Speaker 3: And they're a professional athlete really and yeah, yeah, there's like a big gap, but it takes. But so there's Milton Martinez guy because he's won this title.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he's made it.
Speaker 1: I love him. Wait are you saying he's not from uh?
Speaker 5: I bet from Spain?
Speaker 1: Do you think so?
Speaker 5: He might be from Spain, let's find out.
Speaker 4: Also, Okay, the people there were all beautiful. It would make sense if Milton Martinez was from Spain. But also the food in Spain, no matter what we ate or where we were, including on the airplane or just like breakfast.
Speaker 5: You know, he's from Argentina.
Speaker 1: Argentina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you find there was a lot of animal legs in displayed in a window?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 3: And then you go in and they thinly shaved off that leg with you and it's in a metal vice of some kind.
Speaker 1: Oh, they want they put ham in every fucking thing.
Speaker 5: Jam on.
Speaker 1: They love the yama so much, they love it. But there was a thing.
Speaker 4: It was essentially just bread with fresh tomatoes and.
Speaker 1: Olive oil on top.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we got and maybe a little bit of cheese, I can't remember. We got it at this place that was just the closest place to where we were shopping.
Speaker 1: And we were.
Speaker 4: It was like better than any five star restaurant in Los Angeles, right, Yeah, And it was just standard standard stuff.
Speaker 5: I like great food.
Speaker 3: And I play a my Orca and play my Orca and and like you said, yeah, everyone was beautiful. Also, naively, I thought I was going because of Spanish. I thought it would just everyone looked like they were. There was a lot of Germans there. It was like people were from all over the place. It seems like a real melting pot of a country.
Speaker 4: Did you get that, yes, because it's so easy for European people to travel.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like us going to Baker.
Speaker 3: Say sure, sure, distance wise, no big deal, but still it seems like it's It always surprises me, just like how those as small as the area is, it's like those borders are still honored to the point where they're like there's different accents in different parts of England, and I'm like, why would there still be one hundred miles away this guy that sounds kind of Irish and then you go the other way and it sounds like he's in the Beatles. Yeah, so I never But you go to Spain and it's just you're gonna see a guy, a Christoph Waltz, blue eyed guy speaking Portuguese and it's and it's sounds like it's first language.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It really made me want to just go there, brush up on Spanish and hide from.
Speaker 5: My life here. Yeah, there's well went downhill.
Speaker 1: Fast, there's a. It's very exciting over there because it's like you are. It's exciting to be foreign. It's exciting.
Speaker 4: It was actually very interesting to me because they clearly don't like Americans, because I think Americans just show up and start speaking English and don't make an effort.
Speaker 5: What I made an effort. But I still, yeah, I have a plan and be with languages.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't I know Grassius and Los Sianto and like kind of that's it.
Speaker 1: But my cousin, Sophie.
Speaker 4: Is she goes to college over here, but she's over in Spain for a semester.
Speaker 1: So I said, give me some phrases that are.
Speaker 4: Like useful, and she sent me a sentence that translated please don't put me in jail just because I'm American. And I almost said it to a lady once because she was so like, But but as long as you say grossius and a poor for war and like, just do the little tiny efforts just to say, I understand, you're doing me the favor of speaking English beautifully and fluently.
Speaker 3: I think I would now that things have changed since last time I was in Spain. I because so quickly you can just have a translation app on my phone, but I wouldn't read it in front of so I do a lot of like before I talk to someone studying my phone and then say it over and over and then put it in my pocket and go say it and then convince everyone like it takes him a minute, but he does know Spanish.
Speaker 5: No, I'm cheating, but I do. I got to brush up.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to go to Spain now, even though I don't have plans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, are you really going?
Speaker 5: I want to?
Speaker 1: I wanted to eventually go.
Speaker 5: I went.
Speaker 3: I was in a comer. It was back to back, like the same two months. I went to England and then Spain. And it's been four years now. But when I was there was one day of shooting a commercial and then there was three days. I think everyone that made this commercial, uh was just like, let's also have a vacation.
Speaker 5: Let the actors stay there an extra few days.
Speaker 3: Because I had a hotel and everything and literally nothing to do.
Speaker 5: They were like, okay, I have fun where that's a wrap. Enjoy the next couple of days. It was the best.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: So me and these other actors, some of them French actors. Because there was a French Canadian. It was like for Expedia English and then in French. And some of the actors they must have just been from Montreal or something, but they were speaking French. And one of them dressed like me and his commercial and stepped in and he'd shoot the French version. And then I just hung out with these guys for days, and we went and had leg shavings.
Speaker 5: It was wonderful.
Speaker 1: You got that ham and everything.
Speaker 3: And going to the cathedrals just you could just walk around and look at buildings and that's enough.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's all I did. I just looked at buildings and didn't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, same with us, and we basically Georgia had the cab driver. We went and looked at the Goudy Cathedral that's called the it's basically called like the Cathedral of the Families, I think or something that we were like, it's going to be such a long wait to actually go inside, so we just stood outside, going, oh my god, this is like you can't even look at it enough.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy and amazing looking.
Speaker 4: And then we just went to the old fashioned part of town and George and I started finding all these thrift shops that were just filled with amazing, perfect thrift store clothes.
Speaker 5: And were you walking down narrow, zigzagging streets.
Speaker 1: Cobblestone really tall to go back, so beautiful.
Speaker 5: I was so I love it.
Speaker 4: I want And I actually found a dress and this never happens in thrift stores for me. Ever, I found a dress that fits me as if it was tailor made for me.
Speaker 1: It's a perfect dress.
Speaker 4: And I can't when I tried it on in my dress in my my dressing room, in my hotel room afterwards, I could not believe it fit me.
Speaker 1: It was like the best It's the best dress I've ever bought.
Speaker 3: You can get caught up though, in because I think when I was there, I almost bought like a Fedora hat. Then I definitely would have brought that home and never worn it. Yeah, because you start, you there's a sense of like, I'm not who I really, I'm someone else.
Speaker 4: While I'm here, I'm a fat guy, I'm Spanish, Chris from Spain.
Speaker 5: I'll be a feather in it. Yeah, I really want to go. That's so exciting that you got there.
Speaker 4: Was one night it was really nice, it was very relaxing, and then one night I just stayed in like I don't know Georgia and Vince went out or whatever, but I'm like, I'm just going to watch some weird TV series I would normally never watch and stay here. And at one point I ordered a grilled chy sandwich. It came it had ham in it, but the guys that were dropping it off, they were like setting it up for me, and so we're like, oh, niceties back and forth, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Da da da, And it all goes quiet and.
Speaker 4: A sex scene starts on the TV show that I'm watching that's like a cop show that I wasn't even thinking about leaving it.
Speaker 1: On in the background.
Speaker 3: It's a Spanish show that's like, no, no, it was some American Oh okay, because I can't speak Spanish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, So I had to like on iTunes, get myself a show. And then a scene starts and it's basically the three of us standing there while sex noises.
Speaker 5: You're trying to find tip money, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: I'm filling out the bill and I look at the guy and I go, I swear to God that that's a cop show. I'm not because it sounded like I was sitting there watching porn by myself and get waiting for my girl cheese sandwich to sew up.
Speaker 3: That happened so many times with my mom where I'm like, this is a movie, She'll like, it's got this person, and then all of a sudden, it just there's a porno scene in Yes, or you know, you just select something on TV and then you're sitting next to your mom watching sex.
Speaker 5: There's nothing that's more that's more uneasy than that. But I guess straight. I like that you said something to the men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to. I don't even think he knew what I was talking about.
Speaker 5: I don't watch sex on TV. I never have walked.
Speaker 4: I've never watched sex on TV. I'm certainly not going to start with you, sir.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you guys know we all can agree on cop shows, right, oh.
Speaker 5: Something. It's so hard to.
Speaker 3: Conjure the word you're moving or curb or bus like stop. I just always make it ooh, like I make it a weird exclamation that does not help explain what's happening for the.
Speaker 1: People at home.
Speaker 4: What just happened is we've pulled into the exactly right studios parking lot, and I figured if I turned my lights off, that meant I was in park for some reason, so I took then I took my foot off the break and we just very slowly rolled almost into a cement wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would have been and I would have been silent. I just would have made noises, like.
Speaker 1: My mind hot gossip in this wall.
Speaker 5: Well that was fun.
Speaker 1: We've done.
Speaker 5: We're talking so much about skateboarding with.
Speaker 1: Me, my pleasure. I genuinely enjoy it.
Speaker 5: I did not realize that. I've gradually learned to realize it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, and I'm and I'm glad. I want to go to Spain now. No, I think I'm gonna go to Cuba. Oh, it's like there's a lot of old cars there. Yes, and I just want to go there.
Speaker 5: I go to I want to go to the communist Cuba.
Speaker 1: Okay, enjoy I will, I will.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go. I'm just gonna hitchhike. Fine, see you guys, I'm going right now. You've been listening to Do you need a ride? D y n?
Speaker 1: There are Belton Martinez? Are you leaving?
Speaker 2: I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 1: Either way, we want to be.
Speaker 2: There, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim.
Speaker 1: Give us time and they turning.
Speaker 5: On and gage.
Speaker 2: We want to send you off inside. We wanna welcome you back home. Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: We scared? Or was it fine?
Speaker 4: Melbourn the.
Speaker 5: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 5: Do you need to ride? Do you need with Karen and Chriss