Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily, where we're always having a great hair day. I'm Greg Rosenthal and beyond lucky today to be joined in the Chris Westling podcast studio for the first time as a duo. Colleen Wolf, Hey, Jordan Rodrigue of The Athletic Welcome, We've made it. This is a regular season show.
Speaker 2: It's just us girls, well and Greg.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is going to be our regular Wednesday crew, which I'm very excited about it.
Speaker 3: So excited.
Speaker 4: Steve Weiss will be here. Uh, he's coming to Wendy's.
Speaker 1: Not today but some weeks, so it won't be uh, you know me versus you guys, although I'd be down.
Speaker 2: Why does it?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 6: Why automatically are you you brought up what you said?
Speaker 2: You have the part theme song?
Speaker 5: So she wasnt Loo Colleen, because you're feeling the girl a certain sort of way coming back from Costa Rica while you know your friend Jordan is you know, grinding that rams practice wrighting features.
Speaker 4: You know you were off, but it's over. I was Summer County's over. You're here, listen.
Speaker 2: I was working as well, trying to get a flight home, trying to get out of there. I got stuck there, and it's my fault because I was late. It's not like something bad happened. I just didn't time it correctly.
Speaker 7: But as it turns out, Uber is illegal in Costa Rica.
Speaker 2: Oh and where I was staying.
Speaker 7: It was about a three hour drive to the airport, and I that the front desk messed up the transportation to the airport, so I had to take an illegal Uber by myself, which is fine, but they prefer you sit up front, and I was like, okay, So I'm sitting up front with the Uber driver who he doesn't really speak any English. I don't really speak any Spanish, but we both know enough and it turned into a three hour tutorial for both of us.
Speaker 2: However about like I don't know.
Speaker 7: A half hour in he starts asking me in broken English, uh, like if I have any.
Speaker 2: Friends that live there? If I'm single? Like, how how do you?
Speaker 7: And how do you? How do you say beautiful woman? And I was like do you have a gatto?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Uh, do you have a cat?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 2: What about a dog?
Speaker 4: A peto?
Speaker 6: Is? That?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 7: Trying to remember just very basic words. So everything was fine.
Speaker 4: Didn't got something, you know.
Speaker 2: Notebook, Everything was in the back.
Speaker 7: Uh so it was just me and my phone and the driver. But he was cool and we made it.
Speaker 4: Well, you're here, she is here.
Speaker 2: She made an adventure.
Speaker 4: Do you do that trip again? You know? You also, you know, remarked that you were.
Speaker 2: I won't even try and drag me for this.
Speaker 4: Hey, there was a lot of rain. It's like, yeah, you were staying in.
Speaker 2: The rain, all right, I know right, Listen, this was a race to that joke.
Speaker 7: I was making fun of people next to me the first night who were complaining.
Speaker 2: About it raining in the rainforest. I get it. I just after five days of raining, I would have loved to see a little bit of sun.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, I'm back, and you know what, I want to talk about?
Speaker 2: Football?
Speaker 4: There we go. Yes, I thank you.
Speaker 1: I am very excited, not only because this is our first Wednesday shoe like this together, but we actually have a game to preview. We're going to preview the Chiefs and Ravens football game, and very soon we have a fun game where we're gonna let loose the things we believe in the most strongly, and we're gonna stand on the table for it. We're actually gonna stand on a tiny table. You're going to see the tiny box stand on a tiny.
Speaker 3: Table as nature and God intended.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and or that we're going to do some news. And I do want to say, like Colleen, we bend over backwards for your big time star. You're not even where in a headset today because we didn't want to mess up with your hair.
Speaker 7: It's because I have to do a show later on on the network. And I said, yeah, I can we figure this out to streamline the day because the cans on the hair kind of leaves some marks sometimes.
Speaker 4: It's a problem. So I get it, Like you don't want to.
Speaker 1: Be bring me a microphone like Glowly podcasters and like Jordan and I, so you can see the setup. If you're watching on YouTube, this show is actually also going to be on television on those the fast NFL networks Chanel if you if you watch on Wednesday, you can figure out where to find that. Let's do some news before we get to the phone. All right, Let's start with a serious story that happened since we last tape. Ricky Pearsall suffered a gunshot wound to the chest during a robbery attempt. You know, if you're an NFL fan you probably followed this story, which has a relatively happy ending, is that he is feeling well. His mother, Aaron sitting in a social media post, initial that a bullet entered through her son's chest and exited out his back.
Speaker 4: He was a victim of a robbery.
Speaker 1: The San Francisco Police Department say a seventeen year old is in custody and will be tried in juvenile court. But the great news is that Ricky Piersall is healthy and he was placed on the NFI list, the non football injury list, just as a housekeeping measure. But John Lynch there GM spoke about it on Tuesday.
Speaker 8: You know, I wanted to touch on you know, at the time of all this going on, we had a team party that was schedule. When I got to the hospital and visited with Ricky, is one of the first things he said, mister Lynch, what's going on. You know, I would really like everyone to go to that party, and I'd also like to talk to some of my teammates. I said, Ricky, you take care of yourself. But you know, kind of a cool moment, we were able to pipe Ricky into the party and he facetimeed the entire group, and man, that show of love and respect was a real special moment for our team.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: And what can you say about this other than just you're happy that he's okay, their first round pick. If you didn't know that wide receiver for the team Jordan And yeah, Jonallyn said in that press conference he actually expects that Pierceau will be able to play football this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can come off.
Speaker 6: I mean obviously want him to get well, and thank god, you know it didn't turn out worse than this, this really scary situation. He can come off, you know, the reserve non football list after four games and the forty nine ers, just as a technical point, they'll have eight opportunities to do this. They might not need all of them, but that's one of eight that you can activate off of these designations through the course. I thought the really cool thing Colleen was like the people stayed the night with him at the hospital, you know, in lieu of parents maybe being there able to be there in the immediate after effect, and it sounds like his mom got there for the update as soon as possible.
Speaker 3: But that's really scary.
Speaker 6: Sounds like not just John Lynch, but several members of the front office and coaching staff were able to be there with him at the hospital.
Speaker 2: My heart like just this story when I first heard it. I don't know why.
Speaker 7: I just thought that maybe a bullet had kind of grazed him or something, because I just started seeing the push alerts coming to my phone, and I didn't initially think that it was.
Speaker 2: He got shot in the chest and it went through his chest. And just watching the video.
Speaker 7: Of him walking to the ambulance and how visibly shaken he was, which obviously if you have a gunshot wound to your chest, and the stories from the police officers that helped him out. The one officer said that Ricky pearsall. He looks at me and he's like, am I gonna die?
Speaker 2: And I just said no.
Speaker 7: And she said, I took my hat off because I wanted to make eye contact with him and I wanted him to hear me. And I said, listen, look at me. I know you don't know me, but I want you to trust me. It's not your time. And she was applying pressure to the gunshot wound with her with her right hand. She said it was her strong hand and just an absolutely insane thing. I think to go through to see whether you're a teammate, whether you're him, whether you're his family, whether you're the doctors. I mean, and police officers and doctors see stuff like this unfortunately all of the time, but for the most part, we're not talking about things like this. We're not talking about near death experiences. Because if the first responders didn't get there when they did, if it was a different angle at all, this story could be so tragic. And the fact that we just heard John Lynch talking about Ricky Piersoll saying that he wanted his teammates to go to this party and Jordan you're saying that they stayed overnight with him because his clothes, people in his life couldn't be there right away. I mean, this is I don't want to say it's a feel good story, because it's not. But the way that this kind of twisted and turned is really unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Well, the response from the first responders all the way through to people who have showed support to your point, I mean, that's just it's extraordinary work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and his mom, who is really updating the public on a lot of levels about just pointing out how fortunate in some ways they were that it missed Vital Organs. So yeah, God speeds to Ricky pearsall getting better. We'll be tracking his progress. And it comes at a time when there's so much on field football stuff with the forty nine ers coming back together. Literally, Brandon Ayuk is on the field practicing on Monday and he spoke with the media and so you know, so Brandon Ayuk is back on the field. They have their guys Juwan Jennings, who's not as big of a name, but as their number three receiver who also got a nice contract this offseason, been hurt throughout Trane Camp. He returns to the field on Monday, and then even bigger news for them, Trent Williams' is holdout is ending on the path to San Francisco. His agent sends out a tweet that you know, they're they're working towards the deal. So it didn't it didn't exactly finalize, although he was like in the plane when the agent sent it out. But everyone is confident now that Trent Williams is returning. And if you had to guess when it was going to be, it was gonna be sometime last week or early this week. We are seeing this now, and Trent Williams' situation is different because it was about money and we'll get the details. He's one of the best tackles of all time. He's certainly one of the best tackle in the league right now, and he'll get paid for But there is something about these veterans that just don't want to do training camp. Tyler Lockett spoke today. He's a receiver for the Seahawks, of course, and he returned to the field and they were like, oh, yeah, what were you dealing with when you weren't practicing?
Speaker 4: All came He was just like, oh, just maintenance. I'm just older. Right, He's working out. Believe me.
Speaker 1: They're like, they're working out. He's britt Streeka. They gave him camp off. So Trent Williams got camp off and they're all back. And we spent all this time on this stuff. This is the part of the show where every year we're like, hey.
Speaker 4: Next year. At this time, it's like, we shouldn't spend all that time on it. But I don't know what else are we going to talk about?
Speaker 2: Well, Ratt Williams, this cause have a huge deal.
Speaker 7: Like, I mean, he's a huge guy and he is so important to this offense. I would argue that this is more important than the Brandon Ayuk deal getting it done because of the way that Kyle Shanahan runs everything, because he's able to do so much, He's so important to the run game.
Speaker 2: I mean, they've used him in motion too as a tight end before. Like it is.
Speaker 7: I think, just yeah, sure, we spend so much time talking about these things. And Jamar Chase, he's still not done well, but this I never had a doubt would get finished before the season began.
Speaker 4: Well, you brought it up. Let's talk Tomar Chase.
Speaker 1: Actually, Jamar Chase that this one is a little more up in the air. And you can say that because he went back to practice at one point then he was back out of practice and he's like kind of a practice And Zach Taylor, their coach, just doesn't seem to know whether he's going to suit up four week one at least as we tape this against the page exact, we'll.
Speaker 6: Just take a day to day.
Speaker 3: Do you have to put together a game plan that arouse him and not him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're always ready.
Speaker 6: You know, there's always injuries and things you got to deal with.
Speaker 4: So we're adept with that.
Speaker 9: To do a full sat of I mean.
Speaker 7: It's impossible for me to say with one hundred percent conviction, but I feel good about the shape that he's in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a coach who someone in the front office was like, hey, man, walk back what you said a couple of days ago and maybe just go.
Speaker 3: With the day to day approach on this.
Speaker 6: Obviously absolutely crucial to have Jamar Chase back in the fold. This is kind of one of those where similar to Trent Williams, actually, I mean I was more worried about the Brandon a Au deal not necessarily getting done than either of these two. Trent Williams and also Jim Chase getting done. He's so crucial and everything you hear out of Bengals camp with Icy Joe Burrow this summer is that he is ready to go.
Speaker 3: He's ready to go on a bit of.
Speaker 6: A injury revenge tour.
Speaker 3: I guess that he's feeling good.
Speaker 6: There was the cycle of features that sort of came out on him over this last week about really what he has been working on and how he's approaching the position and really his legacy at this point. And so you you need to have Jamar Chase his favorite target. The rapport is undeniable, the chemistry, the production he is where he's twenty five percent of their target share and sixteen yards even without Joe Burrow, and he does he does everything zero point three to five epa per target, and he's running a third of his routes or inbreakers, which means he's producing as a quarterback friendly target, as like a quarterback helper.
Speaker 4: He made Jake Browning look like Joe Burrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, that's.
Speaker 7: Why it's going to need him back. And if not, so what you're gonna be. I mean, it's not bad to be relying on to Higgins, but that's going to be your de facto number one. And of course he had the down year, his worst year because of the rib and the hamstring injuries. Last season, he though, I mean, had back to back one thousand yard seasons in twenty one and twenty two, so you can rely on him. But not having Jamar Chase for any point of time is not a great thing for the Bengals. I think about Chris Jones last year sitting in the luxury box watching the Chiefs and the fact that they could not get a pass rush going whatsoever, and Chris Jones was just kicked back relaxing.
Speaker 1: The difference is the Bengals play the Patriots Week one, They'll probably have like CBS's number six broadcast team on that game. They do not need Jamar Chase in Week one. And it's a situation where he's only making a million dollars in base salary this year. His fifth year option doesn't start till next year, so he's still got two years left on this contract, so he could sit out if he wanted to, because he's not giving up.
Speaker 4: Some massive check.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is all going to be out of date the time we tape our preview show or our Thursday night recap show.
Speaker 4: Jordan, you are doing too much.
Speaker 1: So no, ever, No, we're doing a rotating guest on the Thursday Night show. But Jordan is kicking it off in fine style, so we'll see. I think that'll get taken care of, all right. I want to get to our our segment, but just quickly, a couple items of news.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to roll through. A Dory Jackson signed with the Giants.
Speaker 1: I had him ranked apparently way too high on my top one to one free Agents by like fifty five or something.
Speaker 4: He was still unsigned. Why are you making a face?
Speaker 2: Just listen, I'm just wondering.
Speaker 3: Just ask me questions.
Speaker 4: You guys even know each other? Like no, I'm just saying like.
Speaker 1: You immediately yeah for the listeners, like do you know I did?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: What is the Jordan Colleen relationship? We're getting to know agent?
Speaker 3: When we're on Quarterback Island together, you'll find out.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to do that in a couple of weeks. A Dory Jackson had two really good seasons for the Giants, and he's only twenty eight or twenty nine years old, and he had a disastrous season where it looked like he might not have been trying his hardest at the end of last year, maybe making some business decisions. But that's a big signing for them at their absolute worst position. Tom Brady cannot go into.
Speaker 1: Facilities as the Fox broadcaster because he's trying to buy a piece of the Raiders. I kind of think he has to make a choice here, but we'll see, like he should choose to either buy the Raiders or be the broadcaster.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's giving up the broadcasting.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to probably buy the raiders.
Speaker 1: Okay, well he's probably gonna do both and just not go and meet with teams ahead of time.
Speaker 6: I think about like the logistics though, you have to you have to go to practice, you have to be in the production meetings unless you're getting secondhand fed information, which that's what it is.
Speaker 3: It's a thing though.
Speaker 6: I remember this when you know the buildings were shut down and everything during the early stage of the COVID nineteen pandemic, and it was like bathrooms were a big question. It's like Tom Brady can't be in a facility. Does he have Is there like a special Brady bathroom that's like outside of all these builts. Like that's a long Those are long days for production teams. If you're you can't.
Speaker 4: Well he can go on yet he won't be able to go in.
Speaker 3: So he can't go inside. But you could pass some information.
Speaker 2: Where there's I mean he could he could do zoos. He's showing games zoom a man and like he'll have a porter.
Speaker 4: I know he can't. He can't talk to him. It's a whole thing.
Speaker 1: It's it's on my radar that Tom Brady who makes all these speeches about like, hey, it's all about you have to earn your spot, and it's all about how hard you work, and it's all about like this and that, and it's like, instead, he's flying in ahead of an Emmy winner Greg Olsen, who's probably much better at him, and he's admitting right off the bat, I can't do my job as well as like everyone else who does this job because I'm trying to buy the Raiders. But it's fine. I'm Tom Brady, so that's on my radar. And then finally Mike McDaniel had to squeeze that into the show. I don't like it goes. It's like he's the Drew Bledsoe in this scenario. Wow, and and Greg Olsen, I agree.
Speaker 4: He should choose. I should choose.
Speaker 3: It's kind of irresponsible to honest, I agree with you. He has to check.
Speaker 4: People are like, oh, this, it's not that big of a deal, like.
Speaker 6: It's going to become an it's talking to hey, Tom, here's here's a free idea for you, you know, turn it into a Netflix show.
Speaker 3: Mom's choice the decision.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, as someone who prepares an unbelievable amount Tom Brady, you would think that he this would be like not even an.
Speaker 1: Issue, and he will prepare for the job. I think he's going to try to do a good job. All that I'm wrong. I didn't even think he would end up taking this job. But the main thing is he also isn't allowed to criticize officials if you're a if you're a team owner.
Speaker 4: That to me was the key one.
Speaker 1: So he literally can't criticize officials as part of the game broadcast. Finally, Mike McDaniel was extended through twenty twenty eight. Always smart for the coaches to get extended before a season starts, so if there's some ups and there's some downs, Mike McDaniel's guaranteed through twenty twenty eight. That makes a lot of sense. This Dolphins organization looks better than it has for a while, so do we. Frankly, Week one, I'm wearing a new polo, I'm wearing some makeup. We're looking great, and we're to stand on some tiny tables right after a quick break, sign a table.
Speaker 9: Every five minutes, someone in the broadcasting community loses a half inch of volume in their perfectly plumped hair. In the Chris Westling podcast studio, that someone could be Colleen Wolfe unless you step into help. Only with your support can we protect the locks of the tiny box. It's on all of us to save Connie's hair.
Speaker 2: Paid for by the game Game Morning producers. Let's face it, Colleen's most important show. Okay, I'm sweating.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, listen, we must protect the hair at all college.
Speaker 4: It's important.
Speaker 7: And yeah, you know today this is the first time in maybe eight years that I didn't do my hair and make up myself.
Speaker 2: So this was a big deal.
Speaker 3: And we commemorated it accordingly.
Speaker 2: Here we are volume and all.
Speaker 1: We see where we are in the pecking order, but we accept it. And your hair is a natural resource. And I do want people to thank you. I understand that, like the NFL Daily, isn't just like a show about football, it's about standing for some.
Speaker 2: That's that's exactly right.
Speaker 7: I really appreciate that I have long been a crazy person about my hair, as someone who cut it all off in seventh grade and then never had a boyfriend again until I went to college. So yeah, I mean this is and must be protected.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I'm sure that hasn't come up with your therapist at all.
Speaker 1: That's very Ah, I'm so excited for Colleen to be able to do this show, for us to have figured out a work around, and believe me, it's a heavy production value show. If you're watching on YouTube or or on our fast channel, you can see that we have a tiny table on our desk with the NFL Daily insignia and what we wanted to do in this show. We've done so many shows already, daily shows since July, so you kind of have a feel of what my takes are on most things. And we've heard a lot of Jordan's I'm waiting to hear more and more colleens.
Speaker 10: Yeah, she was busy, busy doing my hair, but like, what do we actually we have to give opinions on every team, but what do we feel like the strongest about what will we stand on the table for?
Speaker 1: And Jordan and I were talking, we haven't run this by you, Colleen. We want to put some steak on this too. Maybe at the end of the year, we were thinking we could do like a chore for each other or something.
Speaker 4: We were thinking. She thought maybe she would do your dry cleaning, like if you win. I hear it here.
Speaker 7: The other day left the sho for two weeks, didn't even know, brought it in, put it on the chair, and then left.
Speaker 4: Maybe whoever loses, uh does Colleen's dry cleaning.
Speaker 2: I thought, you're gonna do like actual steaks.
Speaker 4: Okay, that that would be fun too. I was sticking in the chore, like you guys, you know, someone has to wash.
Speaker 7: I don't want to have anyone do anything like steaks immediately what you want to in the kitchen.
Speaker 4: This was Jordan's idea. All right, So here's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: We're gonna stand on the tiny table and we're gonna tell you what we feel most strongly. And we're gonna have a triumvirate in the back who decides at the end of the year who won, who is right. So you have to be nice to these three people all season. It's gonna be Eric Roberts, Randy Chavez, and Christie Stapleton.
Speaker 2: They were That's just a reminder for yourself who.
Speaker 3: Should be nice to know?
Speaker 4: Anyway, of course we would be.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like, if there's any bigness, they decide who is best in terms of the take. So I'm gonna I'm gonna stand on the table and this might be a little bit awkward. Oh, I'm finally this is one of my fantasies. It would be to beppy.
Speaker 4: This tall and look. I could stand here on the table.
Speaker 1: And avoid the Royal blue elephant in the room, the vintage Royal blue elephant. I could stay silent, and I could pretend you know what's brewing in the Pacific Northwest, like isn't happening, but like let's let's be reading.
Speaker 4: But you're biased. They say, Greg, We're.
Speaker 1: Gonna stop quote unquote listening to your podcast if you keep talking about Gino Sith.
Speaker 4: I don't care, like I don't need you, and I really believe it.
Speaker 1: If this is gonna be a Gino Smith season, it's twenty twenty four. There's only gonna be one time that Ryan Grubb is coming into the NFL and is a first time offensive coordinator and is dialing up plays that people aren't gonna be ready for. It's gonna be the last time I think Tyler Lockett is with DK metcalf and Jackson Smith and Jig. But it's gonna be the first time Mike McDonald's going up against this division time after Tim. I think they're a low I believe in this team. I believe in this quarterback in this year more than ever. I think they're winning the division. I think they're going to the playoffs. It's a Seahawks year. I'm standing on the tiny table.
Speaker 6: Oo wow, Greg, some heat coming from a great height. It is, it is, it's trickling down.
Speaker 1: I think we decided, you know, before the show, that we'd stay standing on the table for maximum awkwardness.
Speaker 4: But now that I'm still here talking to.
Speaker 2: You, how's that going?
Speaker 4: It feels pretty awkward.
Speaker 3: Hold buddy, hold on.
Speaker 1: They're making the playoffs. That's that's you know. I want it to be definitive, but they are making the playoffs. I do truly believe that this is going to be.
Speaker 4: A fun year.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: I have Seattle as a playoff team. I have them edging into the playoffs. I don't have it as definitive as perhaps you do. I just think that this is going to take some time, and I think that this division is so tough. The NFC West, with the forty nine ers now going to be at full strength. Right Christian McCaffrey started practicing again this week.
Speaker 7: Is still standing on the table, still on the table, feeling weird about us, I do, I feel really.
Speaker 4: I am an I next.
Speaker 1: So I'm getting flashbacks. I mean, first of all, this is great, I'm getting flashbacks to the horrible best man speech I made at Dave Bennett's wedding. Oh, I feel bad about that locking legs Dave. He said, He's like, now it's fine. You know, you got a lot of heart in it. But like, that's where I feel right now.
Speaker 3: I do think that you're on the right track. Yeah, with the Seahawks.
Speaker 6: I don't know that it's going to be as definitive as you think it is, however, because I do think that this offense will still need some time to figure itself out. First time coordinator. He is a great coordinator. I believe in this offense. I believe that the defense will come along. I think it'll take maybe a little bit more time for this defense to sort itself out in live action as well. But back half of the of the year is when the Seahawks team, I think, does edgen and make a push to edge ind at the playoffs. I don't know that I would go as strong as right especially right out of the gate, because the offense to me is kind of an enigma at this point, I don't know what to expect from.
Speaker 3: You don't know what Ryan Fox to put it in.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't know what fought talent though, and I think this is the perfect offen for Gino. I've actually held back talking too much Gino and Ball on the show because they know it can be a lot. But this is an offense that is asking him.
Speaker 4: To do a lot.
Speaker 2: Still talking like Smith.
Speaker 1: That's asking him to make all the decisions at the line. That's like to me, it's taking advantage of what he can do best, which is win from the neck up.
Speaker 4: I feel absolutely great about it.
Speaker 1: I feel great about this segment, and I think it's time to pass the Tiny table over.
Speaker 3: To Jordan's regret everything.
Speaker 4: Jordan's dog, Tiny is so cute.
Speaker 6: This is the techie table all, okay, and I hopefully my zuppers done. Okay, Okay, thanks, Okay. My take that I'm willing to stand on the table for, especially after I went to Houston and watched the Texans in joint practice. I am standing on the table for this Houston Texans team not only to make a deep playoff run, but to be in the Super Bowl. They are building around to a Bronz CJ. Stroud on this cheap rookie deal. They are outstanding and well coached on both sides of the ball. You're two of this defense, and they added pieces including Daniel Hunter, who's gonna come off the edge with Will Anderson. I think that is an absolutely crucial one two punch.
Speaker 8: C J.
Speaker 6: Stroud might have three one thousand yard receivers this year.
Speaker 1: Well, you said they will according to the graphic. Yes, I like the Super Bowl and have three. That's very specific, and.
Speaker 3: I am clear on that.
Speaker 6: Stefan Diggs has has had what six consecutive seasons of one thousand plus yards. Nico Collins obviously is a thousand yard plus receiver, and I think Tank Dell has a real shot at being the third one thousand yard receiver and he was at seven hundred yards last season. And I think Bobby Slok knows how to spread the field out and get multiple targets the ball. They've got some really solid blocking and Dalton Shoults extending him this offseason. That's gonna help Joe Mixon find his legs a little bit again. You know, I know he's not Joe Mixon of a few years ago. But he looked great at these joint is this team. I'm telling you, guys looked professional, they look physical, they looked deep, they looked massive.
Speaker 3: I'm picking the Texans to be in a Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Are young.
Speaker 6: They're they're young, they're run, they're feeling themselves, but they're not unprofeud Like. Going there, you felt like, these are these are things perfect. These are grown ups going about this task that they know is like right in front of them. That was the entire vibe from that practice.
Speaker 2: Those Seahawks Texans.
Speaker 4: They're just like.
Speaker 3: I'm still standing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, They're They're at this perfect moment in time right now. They're like they're like Leo and Kate Winslet in Titanic.
Speaker 3: They're just everything is perfect and that hurts.
Speaker 4: Well, not the dead part.
Speaker 1: I just mean more in real life, but just for you know, made that mode, you know, more like in real life making them.
Speaker 6: That's gonna be, that's gonna be C J. Stroud's receivers catching the ball for them. They're not gonna drop that. They're not gonna drop the Bible.
Speaker 1: I feel like, uh yeah, they we spent a whole week practically on the Texans, like two or three weeks ago.
Speaker 4: I feel like, if it's.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's okay that a lot of people I know, I've rethought maybe we'll sit down while we have the conversation.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I like, how awkward do you feel? All right? I want to hear colleens.
Speaker 6: All right, Okay, I'm passing the tiny table off to Colleen.
Speaker 1: We're doing it a few times, all right, So these are important. Remember, at the end of the year, the Triumvirate will decide, well.
Speaker 7: If the best part is getting back you know this that like there were going to actually be some steaks here. I maybe would have changed some things up because I'm like, oh, I've talked too much about the Falcons winning the division this year, and like, I think the Colts are going to be right, that's fine whatever, You're.
Speaker 3: On the Colts again.
Speaker 2: I lost this for you.
Speaker 4: I can never.
Speaker 2: This is going to be the year. Honestly, that can.
Speaker 4: I throw them into the speed round.
Speaker 6: It's fine, all right, hold on, and I think she is getting on the table.
Speaker 4: It's a little trickier because she hasn't.
Speaker 3: Rare the tucky tiny table.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on a second, No, we want you to actually stand on the table.
Speaker 4: No, I have cops on.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 4: Oh you are okay.
Speaker 2: I'm on the table, don't Colleen.
Speaker 6: That's a bad joke, Colleen right now, average person?
Speaker 2: hYP wait, I know what now? I am like, I don't know?
Speaker 3: This is Should I lower my chair? I lower I Guys, you're seeing up here.
Speaker 2: This is pretty good. I can see the top of everyone's head. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: I suddenly like had a feeling of like, oh, this is what it was like for all those like Swedish two lane tennis players.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, she just pulled out the mic.
Speaker 2: This is better this way. Right here we go. You guys still got me back there?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 2: All right, great? Perfect, honestly I feel better. All right, Well I broke the mic, but it's fine.
Speaker 7: So guys, it's been a long time coming, but we're finally here.
Speaker 2: We have made it.
Speaker 7: And for me at least, I am basking in the absolute glory of a prediction that will come true. And so it might as a shock to some of you, but it shouldn't. When the Bills actually run the.
Speaker 2: Football all year long.
Speaker 7: Okay, I love it when they do the thing that they have been promising us for so long. Don't be surprised, don't be shocked, because it's going to happen. Sure, Joe Brady has a predilection for the run game anyway, but this approach is born out of sheer necessity. The Bills need to utilize the run game because of their liabilities that they now have in this defense. The safety position is a troubling department at this point, with the injuries that they've had trying to replace Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde, Matt Mulano leaving a huge void in that defense. They need to play ball control and we already saw it in its nascent phase last year Week eleven, when Joe Brady took over We saw how that offense operated. He made James Cook a focal point of the offense, and you have a quarterback that is so good when he's able to play free. This offense is so much better when they're able to get in rhythm, run the ball, and then open things up downfield. This is what they will do this year, and they're built for it. So I don't want anyone to say it's not going to happen and maybe draft one of their running backs early for your fantasy team.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, this season is starting soon. You've probably done your fantasy draft.
Speaker 1: But you're right, I need late. I'm glad you mentioned that because I was just checking that. I recommend it to my daughter to take James cooking, So that was, yeah, first one of her.
Speaker 2: First Well that's how I know that you also believe in this.
Speaker 4: I really do.
Speaker 1: I we did the AFC preview last week. I did it with Nick Wright. We will absolutely take a break after this defense. I can figure microphone and she.
Speaker 3: Can fix him.
Speaker 1: I would I would stand on the table for this too. I would stand on the table for like the I picked the Bills to go to the Super Bowl. I have the Bills winning the Super this year. Now, how I do you have to pick someone and they're the team I like the best who beating the Lions in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: That's my super Bowl. But I don't need to stand on the table.
Speaker 7: Guy.
Speaker 1: I've been doing it all all month. And I think Josh Allen's going to be an MVP. Can he can be part of this running the ball? And I absolutely believe what you said that James cook is going to be the guy to help make Josh Allen look even better.
Speaker 6: There's gonna be There's been a lot of questions this offseason about, like, you know, especially with the departure of Stefan.
Speaker 3: D's and oh you know, who's Josh Allen gonna throw to?
Speaker 6: And I kind of point to the increased tight end usage that we're going to see. But then also, what does lady being in a heavier personnel do for your offense? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could run the ball.
Speaker 6: And I think that when people are curious or concerned, and I've heard this in the zeitgeist right that people are concerned about the bills, maybe falling off a little bit or tripping over themselves, if you can run the ball when it gets cold, you're gonna be fine.
Speaker 3: You will not implode.
Speaker 6: In fact, it'll fortify you, especially if you're already in those heavy personnel sets.
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought we were going to have to take a break to fix Colleen's microphone, but we're just gonna go through.
Speaker 4: Is a star amazing.
Speaker 7: I'm rewiring electric at my house. She used the word in pred election as her as she was holding.
Speaker 4: I need the tiny table.
Speaker 1: We had a feeling this would be a little and it was thank you for the tiny table. Yeah, look, Colleen, we could use a colleen around our house to do some electric work, to.
Speaker 3: Do some and we have a we have a stool for you to.
Speaker 1: The only like notable skill I have in the world is making absolutely correct football predictions over and over, picking the games, picking what's gonna happen, picking when things are going to be good, picking when things are going to be bad.
Speaker 4: And this year it's going to be really bad for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Like we've danced around this, but I do want to put this down for posterity. They are going to collapse this year. This is this is the year it all goes bad. Let's just look at the like the rock gear.
Speaker 2: Never sounded better for Let's look at the roster.
Speaker 1: I know, you know what's funny is at first I had a really lame one where it was like either the Eagles or the Cowboys. No, if you're gonna stand on the table, you got to make a decision, it's gonna be the Cowboys, all right. First of all, let's just quickly go through the roster. Running back, major questions, offensive line with a bunch of new rookies, major questions, wide receivers after Cede Limb, major questions, the linebackers. What's got him killed last year? Still major questions? Oh yeah, Eric Hendricks is gonna save you? When has that worked?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: And then let's go talk about the coaching staff and everything else going on. Okay, Dak Prescott, we know that's a strange situation. Mike McCarthy playing out of contract here, that's a strange situation.
Speaker 4: You know. What put me over the top was this bizarre Mike Zimmer profile in the Minneapolis Minneapolis Star Tribune, which I signed up for a one day subscription for just to read. Great job by by the reporter there.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: And Mike Zimmer, who I understand has gone through a lot personally, has gone through a lot of personal strategy. I feel for him as a person as a man. But the way he talked about the Minnesota Vikings when he left there with absolutely no accountability, burying a bunch of his old players and making fun of them and taking no responsibility for what he did, I'm just like, that's that part of Mike Zimmer to me is a sad way to live. And are we sure that Mike Zimmer is going to be good at this because here's how I would describe the Minnesota Vikings the last couple of years when he was their coach.
Speaker 4: Ineffective on defense. He's a defensive coach. They were below average back to back years. They were twenty fifth one year in DVOA on defense. And here's what the Dallas Cowboys were at the end of last season on defense. Ineffective, Like they gave up thirty five to the Seahawks, they gave up a ton of the Packers. They were not playing well. I don't think the personnel is there.
Speaker 1: I think all the storm building around them is going to collapse in on them, and Dak is going to be like deuces and so long.
Speaker 6: I was thinking when I that that's the kind of and it was really a well done interview and story by the reporter. That's the kind of interview you do when you just go all in on the record like that, when you know that you've got kind of a free space this year because nothing is certain after this year for the Cowboys, so you're kind of Normally, a defensive coordinator is not going to sit there and draw that kind of attention to himself. But if you if you understand, hey, it's this is this is a year, and who knows what's going to happen.
Speaker 4: But Well's build is is he career he.
Speaker 2: Or is he?
Speaker 7: Just like, you know what, I don't know what's going to happen this year. I don't know what's going to go on with this team either, And hey, I have an opportunity right now to take down some people on the way out.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: And the weirdest thing he said in that entire and he said a lot of weird things.
Speaker 1: I'm still on the table. He said a lot of weird things. But the number one weird thing was when he talked about the playoff win they had in twenty nineteen, which you know, if our listeners don't remember, I didn't either all those Viking seasons blending that was kind of a down year for the Vikings, but they into the playoffs and they were heavy underdogs and Kirk Cousins won his only playoff game in a really kind of desultory game in New Orleans. They were huge underdogs in that game and that saved Zimmer's job and Zimmer said, I love Zimmer for this. He was like, yeah, I messed I messed around and won that game. He's like, because if I didn't, he was probably gonna get fired and he was gonna get the Cowboys job because Jerry Jones wanted Mike Zimmer, and so Zimmer said, that probably didn't work out for me in the long run because I didn't get the job that went to Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 4: Who I'm now working for. That's just a mess, they hinted. There were reports that like, Jerry Jones wanted Mike Zimmer, but McCarthy didn't.
Speaker 1: Like, it's just a lot. It's happening. I'm off, you know what, I'm off the tiny table.
Speaker 7: As you're saying this, it's reminding me of what's happening in Philadelphia with Nick Sirianni.
Speaker 3: Are you want the table mirrors each other?
Speaker 4: No, No, you're up next, you're up.
Speaker 2: I'm going to break some things first.
Speaker 3: This is looking a little bent here.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: Oh that felt good. Break it to tough, felt good. That was good.
Speaker 2: You yourself.
Speaker 4: No, I will talk. No, I love the tiny table.
Speaker 6: Okay, this kind of goes hand in hand. Your your Cowboys take goes a little bit in hand with one of my other ones that I have a take that I am willing to stand on this fine, slightly bent, tiny table, I.
Speaker 2: Actually break it.
Speaker 6: No's oh, I'm gonna have to tell my dog about your shenanigans later, but maybe maybe we.
Speaker 2: Can figure out a deal. I don't want him to know.
Speaker 6: I think that at least one starting quarterback is going to get traded before the trade deadline this year. That is the take that I stand on the tiny table for. You know, I've been pushing this Dak Prescott thing from the perspective of the front office.
Speaker 3: This is not reporting.
Speaker 6: When I say perspective of the front office, I'm merely putting myself into Jerry Jones's shoes and quickly stepping back out again. And I think that if you are a front office and you're looking at the situation with Dak Prescott, or you're another team with the quarterback and you have an incumbent player behind him who you like and things start to go wrong, you're really looking at trying to recoop whatever you can from other teams and letting those teams figure things out. I know that Dak Prescott will probably want to hit the market as a free agent and really perhaps achieve some new highs there. And I think any player of his caliber, of any caliber, should want to get as much money as they possibly can. But I'm going to stand on the table and say that Jerry Jones is going to want to save face on this situation, or another front office executive, a general manager across the league. I'm looking at perhaps the Saints, perhaps the Falcons, perhaps the Steelers. You're going to want to save face on this. If it's not the guy, or you have an unresolved situation coming up in free agency, you're going to try to recoop whatever you can through that player, through moving that player from another team, instead of letting them leave and taking nothing, or having to make a tough decision in the office.
Speaker 4: Like You've gone pretty bold with both ears.
Speaker 6: And I really like that, standing on the tiny table, feeling the confidence of my dog flowing through.
Speaker 1: If I was if I was ranking the quarterbacks most likely to be traded before the trade lay on, Oh, this is fun.
Speaker 6: But if you if you argue, let me let me catch you off right there, because I'm on the table and I've I've got the high ground. If you are always got the high ground, that's true, you always have the high ground.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not that high.
Speaker 6: If you are arguing though, that the Cowboys do in fact for short, if you're sure.
Speaker 1: I get it, I'm just saying, like it's a drop. Jordan's not like some you know, six foot two or anything.
Speaker 4: Let's come down.
Speaker 6: In my brain, in my brain right now, I am actually okay. So if you are arguing that the Cowboys will in fact implode, if that is true, then it is also true that a team with that sort of level of implosion without people extended on the backside, including their head coach, are going to want to recoup whatever they can. So if that is true, then I think this is also possible.
Speaker 1: You would be the first person to have this out there. You will you will win the NFL this year. Well, you know, on this one, they did.
Speaker 4: Extend the trading deadline.
Speaker 1: They pushed it back a week, but it's still only after week and ninds it's still so early.
Speaker 4: So it's like they have to be like one, you know, they would have to be one in eight or something.
Speaker 6: But you know, if you've had an entire offseason, entire camp, like you know, at that point where your team is at, if you are any GM, you know, worth a day in this in this league, you are absolutely going to know the state of not only your current roster, but where you have to go next. And I'm not saying it's going to be specifically the Cowboys and Deck. I think that would be really interesting, And certainly the stakes are moving towards Jerry Jones wanting to recoup something out of this right knowing watching watching his nature for the last several years running this team. But I don't think it's just you know, regulated to the Cowboys specifically. I think there are a few teams like I mentioned and who either they're talking about benching their starter or they're talking about potentially moving into the future.
Speaker 1: For Jacobe Brissett count I don't think they would trade him anyways, but you know, does that do you win this if you get the right But so of the names you mentioned I would rank in terms of guys that still could get traded, still there still here. I'd probably go one Car, two Cousins, maybe one Cousin's two Car and then and then Dak and Russ.
Speaker 4: No one's going to want to trade for us.
Speaker 3: No, I think that's fair.
Speaker 4: I think you're even all those saying so I can get down, Yeah, those would be launching.
Speaker 1: All right, let's wrap up, Colleen, you're gonna give the last full one.
Speaker 4: We're going to take a break and do it a speed round after night.
Speaker 7: I gift to you, Thank you so much. I will be so careful with it this time.
Speaker 2: All right, hold on, we got some wires we're dealing with here.
Speaker 4: Got to move the microphone getting back into that.
Speaker 7: Actually, you know what, I'm going to go ahead and take it out again because uh, it's just easier to stand on the tape.
Speaker 4: You look like a stand up comic and that would be a fun rule for you listening.
Speaker 7: I almost took classes this summer being the keyword. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 4: Our friend Rachel Benetta killing it.
Speaker 2: I know she keeps trying to get me to do classes. She's so good.
Speaker 7: All right, here we go. Trevor Lawrence has a career best season. It's about to happen. The Florida man with the blonde flowing locks is about to shine brighter than we have seen him shine before. His offensive line is so much improved at this point. Now they have the addition of Mitch Morrise at center. He has great weapons around him, a healthy Christian Kirk. Those last five games of the season were rough. Trevor Lawrence was also banged up at that point. Calvin Ridley, the experiment is over. They'll be able to stretch the field with Gabe Davis and Brian Thomas Junior. I mean, look, it's year three of Doug Peterson's offense with Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Maybe they run I.
Speaker 7: Don't know, a little less out of the shotgun, because in that final preseason game, I think it was against the Falcons, he was under center a handful of times and looked pretty good. Peterson said he didn't really do it in college, but he's really grown. He's become more confident more, He's just getting more comfortable with it as well. And yeah, the Texans, they are the darlings of the division. But I think that the Jags are going to take a huge step forward, especially after last season. I think the offense is going to be better than it was two seasons ago when they had ranked so high and Doug Peterson had just come in here, and that was kind of what I was counting Trevor Lawrence's rookie year as because the Urban Meyer year to me just didn't even really exactly. But the AFC South is so competitive, and I think it's just going to be so much more fun than we're used to. Minus the Titans, they got to they have a lot of things to do, but in general, the Jags are taking a huge step forward and Trevor Lawrence is about to go off.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: I've been I hate how much I agree with the tiny box and a tiny table because I kind of want to just what fire.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it just would be fun. But I'm so with you. I kind of think I was listening.
Speaker 3: She just held the bike out that is broken.
Speaker 6: It's like a boom at this point, I uh that sound.
Speaker 4: I'm with you. I think it's his year. I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll see if the whole rest of the organization can stand up with him, but I kind of think they'll be good in general.
Speaker 4: But I think it's time. It's time for Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 6: I really like Trevor Lawrence's potential. Yeah, I am less sold on the infrastructure from a coaching and that perspective around him. I think I would like to see him reach new levels in his game.
Speaker 3: I would like to see him kind of but I'd like for.
Speaker 4: Those to be cleaned up, Yes, lairs, but just seeh him getting some.
Speaker 6: Take the next step forward, getting that support, not just you know, with playmakers or weapons, but also with the infrastructure of the offense, and you know, you see quarterbacks take steps forward around this time. I would like to see that from him. He was one of the most highly touted prospects in recent memory. I remember watching and.
Speaker 3: Play in college. He was unbelievable. Yeah, and I love the hair.
Speaker 4: He's been a very good pro. Yes, he's been a very good pro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been a very good pro.
Speaker 6: I think he's capable of reaching All I'm saying is that I think he is capable of reaching that next level, that next step. I would like to see the infrastructure around him to get him there.
Speaker 1: All right, pass over that table because we're going to just do a quick speed round. Stay standing through it because there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of moving parts here.
Speaker 3: Let me put the mic more than expected.
Speaker 1: You know that Trevor Lawrence reminds me a lot of the guy. We're just going to throw out the last ones just so we have it on the record. He reminds me of Kyler Murray because if they weren't both taken first overall people would be like.
Speaker 4: Oh, good quarterback, above average quarterback. But the expectations are so high. So I've said it on the show, but I did want to just have it for the record. Kyler Murray is going to have a monster season. I say he gets MVP votes to just put it now. Now, they vote for five and like, if you look last year, like nine or ten guys got votes, but he would have to be one of the eight or nine best players in the league. Kyler Murray gets MVP votes.
Speaker 6: And the multiple votes not just the sort of the one off like multiple.
Speaker 1: No, you just need to like if someone votes him fourth, that counts as multiple votes, two votes, Okay, he gets MVP.
Speaker 3: Of just filing it away and then Chriss purpose.
Speaker 4: Chrystal Lobby has a monster season. What success for Crystal Lobby season.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go ninety catches, thirteen hundred yards monster year, Chris o'lbvey. They might not be in prime time much, they might not win many games, but Chryso Lobby physical receiver. He can get down the field, he can catch the short stop routes. I think he's ready to be like the guy where when we're making our preseason All Pro team next year, like maybe Chris o' lobby is.
Speaker 4: On that one.
Speaker 3: My question, Yeah, who do you think will be throwing to him?
Speaker 1: Derek Carr for most of the season, and then probably Spencer Ratler.
Speaker 3: Oh you handed it to me, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: All right, put it at your feet.
Speaker 6: I've got to thank you for laying the tiny table at my feet.
Speaker 4: The bills were mine too, But I already said.
Speaker 3: I almost was tabletopped.
Speaker 2: But I almost did that earlier ago.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, okay, I've got to one is a little bit longer.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna honk on this for a little while. Yeah, I think that it'd be round. I got the table in the high ground, so I have power. Max Crosby I think should be in serious consideration for Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 3: I'm tired of voter voters.
Speaker 4: He was last year.
Speaker 3: Okay, Greg should should I continue?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 6: And he was I'm feeling too much power. There's too much adrenaline coursing through my van. But yeah, I think he I think he wins defensive player.
Speaker 4: He wasn't.
Speaker 6: He was in conversation, but I don't think in serious enough conversation last year. I think not only serious conversation, I think you should I think you should win it. Potentially putting Christian Wilkins next to him. You're actually getting this man help on the inside.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: It was kind of an insane watching going through next Gen on some of these these pressure stats, Harrison, I'm tired of voters punishing bad teams with great players on it. So seventy nine pressures tied for eighth, fourteen and a half sacks type for fifth with less help. So you're adding Christian Wilkins. But here's the crazy thing. Teams because the offense was so bad, teams were running the ball like crazy against this group. So four hundred and ten of his one thy thirty seven the most in the league of any pass rusher snaps were on run defense, which is first by a long shot. And he still had ninety tackles, which was first among.
Speaker 3: All pass rushers.
Speaker 6: Once you get this man some help, you will be the defensive I love there. And then also I think Jackson Smith and Jigba becomes the number one volume receiver, Hurd.
Speaker 3: He really impressed the new staff in Seattle.
Speaker 4: In sato Ooh, that's good. That was a spicy one to end with.
Speaker 3: I told you I could do this.
Speaker 4: I'm not. I'm not awarding points. It's up to you.
Speaker 1: If if you you want any more, you can have it. We just wanted to get all our takes out.
Speaker 6: You want a quick speed round, all most takes viewing all right on the tiny table, It's fine.
Speaker 2: I might as well just do it.
Speaker 7: Falcons win the division and I think the AFC South gets three teams in.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that, and these will all be recorded for posterity. Eric, Randy and Chris will decide at the end of the year who gets the steaks. I think that that was a clever way to do it. That's the steaks. Stakes are steaks. We are going to take a quick break and when we come back, we will bask in the afterglow of what we just accomplished with the tiny table segment. No, we're actually gonna preview the Thursday night game.
Speaker 2: Chiefs, poor football stuff.
Speaker 1: We are back on NFL daily chairs and the normal chair is not on tables.
Speaker 4: Got it all figured out.
Speaker 2: What a what a delight it all figured out, all of it really got things under control.
Speaker 1: Here exactly a little bit of news popped up while we were taping the show. Cameron Hayward got a nice little pay I'm sixteen million dollars in full guarantees a three year extension. You know, they put some flowery words on it. It's like the most guarantees for someone this age. But really they just gave him a little pay bump this year to one of the great Pittsburgh Steelers. So good news for Camra Hayward. Let's get into the Thursday night game. It's Kickoff, It's Ravens, it's Chief. Someone in three p forty five Park was like, let's not mess around and even put like a B plus a minus level team or game here. Let's us go with our biggest game of the year right off the bat. I'll start with you, Jordan, just like a matchup or something about this game that you're excited about.
Speaker 6: I'm going to steal yours from you because I already know what yours is going to be. Love that, Illia, What are you imagine how I've got bro because I was here in July.
Speaker 4: It's like, because I was throwing tomatoes at you are were you were? You know what?
Speaker 3: That was great?
Speaker 6: Though I did I did have like a like sort of a Monty python Us flashback vision of being you know, you're standing on a little stool and someone's throwing little tomatoes at you. Like that was greg for me. I started stammering, definitely.
Speaker 7: Did sometimes giving tiny tomato.
Speaker 4: Face.
Speaker 2: God mm hmm, okay, So.
Speaker 6: Are the Chiefs going to get more explosive pass plays? Are gonna be the ball down the field? I do think this is something that really has been a discussed ad nauseum.
Speaker 2: Sorry now.
Speaker 7: It's so good, like wingman, I got you, I needed, the girls are all here, So yeah, I do.
Speaker 6: I do think that, you know, there's been like some buzz and some hype xavier worthy and just some other elemental aspects of this offense.
Speaker 3: Patrick Mahomes has talked about it at length.
Speaker 6: He's been asked about it at length of getting more dimension, uh those third level dimension back because defenses have totally changed of the last couple of years to try to literally constrict down over the top of his passing game. I also think, though, when you add this much speed and I'm curious to see this. This is my hunch that I've had all off season, kind of like a Dolphins esque approach. When you add so much speed, you really are able to use some of these motions and shifts to exploit the middle of the field because your your players can simply get there faster. Then defenders can drop, and their drops are changing, So the movement that they're taking from back to front changes because of the pre snapt misdirection and because of all of the speed. So I'm curious. It's a little bit borrow. You know, Andy Reid always is scheming, always as innovating.
Speaker 3: I'm curious to see.
Speaker 6: Not just if they add a third layer to this defense or this offense unlike you know with which they've struggled with these new defenses, but also I'm curious to see whether they add some of that different field and space movement.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, they were one of the least explosive offense in the league last year, which is crazy, and the Ravens were the best defense in the league at preventing big plays. And Rokwan Smith was quoted saying this week, you know that Ravens linebackers. We want to make them one dimensional. We want to take away the run. I was just like, whoa that you don't hear that too often? And yet like I get it. The Ravens are confident in their secondary. They were that good, yeah, in terms of defending the past last year with so many injuries. Marlon Humphrey, he's one preseason hype story. I'm kind of buying that he's like healthier and feeling better. Nate Wiggins, their first round draft pick. I'm really excited to see Hollywood Brown is not in this game. I should have mentioned the injury update. He's the only significant player who's going to miss this game. He might be back as soon as Week two or three, but he's out. Otherwise, these two teams are really healthy, and for the Ravens that's really rare. So Kyle Hamilton, this whole group is out there, and can they make the Chiefs one dimensional?
Speaker 4: That seems a little crazy.
Speaker 7: I think that, Yeah, they have so much talent on defense, but losing their defensive coordinator Mike McDonald, losing their defensive line coach Anthony Weaver, losing their DB's coach Dennard Wilson is kind of.
Speaker 2: A big deal.
Speaker 7: So this is a massive spot for Zach Orr to start in, like really just ripping the band aid off here. Let's watch you defend the Chiefs now with all of this speed that they have with Xavier Worthy, the way that he can stretch the field, this is a massive test. I think that, Like I'm I'm going to Kansas City tomorrow for the game.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 7: And I know that it's one of the best places to watch a game in the entire NFL. It's so loud, so to be there for this matchup somehow you're.
Speaker 4: Going to be on the un and everything.
Speaker 7: No, uh uh, I'm doing something with Alex Smith before. Yeah, but and then I just get to hang out the game.
Speaker 3: I love that for you too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm gonna ask a lot about Andy Reid, but I just really want to see how the Ravens defense, if it looks different, even a little bit at all, with just the shift and the movement within the coaching ranks. But for the Chiefs defensively, it's going to be all about tackling. Tackling with Derek Henry now in Baltimore, tackling with Lamar's mobility, and then defensively on the back end with all of the rookies that they have in their secondary.
Speaker 4: That's huge.
Speaker 6: I want to talk about something too that goes I think overlooked when we see these seasons extend longer than ever in history, and a team that has played longer into the postseason than any other team in NFL history at this point in the Kansas City Chiefs, is if you are the opponent going against them in an opener such as this, you are looking to make some sort of push you around statement that has the opponent reeling.
Speaker 3: For weeks at a time.
Speaker 6: You saw it a couple of years ago when the Bills came out and kicked the Rams in the mouth and totally disrupted their entire season. You see it when a team can play into the postseason and then they just get tired and they gas out and they wear down down the.
Speaker 3: Stretch you saw with the Eagles.
Speaker 6: The Chiefs so far have not shown necessarily that they're not as physical, not as able to really put things together during a max stretch. I do want to read a graph, a very short graph, from my colleague Nate Taylor at The Athletic. His second paragraph in his story of how his recent story of how Steve Spagnolo is preparing as defensive players, they're all wearing white long sleeved t shirts around in the locker room that feature two words in block lettering across the chest, rock solid, and then the back of the shirt says no toughness, no championship.
Speaker 1: And they know that, okay, and I get it, but they haven't come out of the gates swinging that well. They lost the opener, as everyone remembers last year, the offense never really got it going a couple of years ago. You remember they started one and two, they started three and four. They did win the opener that year, but they have had a tendency to start slow, even though Andy Reid tends to throw a lot out there. Now there's a lot they feel good about. Rassie Rice is playing in this game. I didn't mention like he's not getting suspended. He's going to be there, obviously. Travis Kelcey all that. You mentioned the run game though, and the toughness, but they are a team you can run on. Even last year, you can run on them. And you think about the Ravens, and I did check out a little NFL pro. I gotta tell you, it's so fun. It's gonna make I use it all the time. Just down rabbit hole.
Speaker 4: It's a little much. It's almost to making it too easy.
Speaker 1: But the run game against a team that look struggled against the run a lot, and the Ravens are awesome. And then it was very interesting to see some numbers they had. How Lamar Jackson during the season was the best quarterback in the league against single high which makes sense. And in the playoff game though, against these two teams he averaged like five yards per attempt and and during the regular season too, the Chiefs struggled at this. They they often struggled defensively against play action. The Ravens aren't like the highest play action team in the league, but their top ten in terms of play action, and they were the number one team in the league in terms of EPA per play action. So just all the ways that they can mess you up with the run game, whatever spice they're gonna add. With Dereck Henry and Justice Hill, I don't think people realize Justice Hill. I think it's gonna have a significant part of this offense, and it might only be like eight to ten plays, but there'll be plays that you're like, Okay, that's such a different flavor than Derrick Henry. So between him and Lamar Yeah, and Derrick Henry. I just think it's a lot, and I do think the Ravens make some hay there on the ground against Kansas City.
Speaker 6: It kind of feels like to me, those T shirts are another subtle way of saying, remember this team has freaking Derrick Henry. Now it's like tighten up, guys, Like it's like get it. Get They're walking from.
Speaker 7: Doing the Super Bowl banner unveiling pregame like it's a whole thing.
Speaker 1: And they know how that felt last year. To do all that and then lose it stunk for them. I'm all buzz kill. Yeah, I'm gonna be curious to see Kingsley Suamtea, who's their rookie left tackle. Can the Ravens confuse him a little bit just mentally as a left tackle of like they like to show all the different types of pressure and stun sim pressures and all that stuff. And keep an eye on when Checo runs because they're going to try to, you know, run a lot for cancer. Just keep an eye on Trent Simpson, who I think is going to have a big season. He's replacing Patrick Queen as this like run stuff for I think the Ravens love Trent Simpson. I think they think they're not going to lose anything without Patrick Queen. So that's one I'm gonna be watching. Let's pick this game. What the heck, let's start with Colleen.
Speaker 2: I'm taking the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Okay, post one or like, I think it's three and a half point spread.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I twenty seven twenty four. If I must give a score, Okay.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm taking the Ravens and I'm actually going to just completely do the opposite, Ravens twenty seven to twenty four.
Speaker 4: Like it.
Speaker 1: I'll take the Chiefs. I don't feel great about it by a point. I would take the points, like if we were picking versus the spread, but just I've just against the Chiefs and been wrong in individual games so many times.
Speaker 4: Just seems stupid. Why bother.
Speaker 6: I'm just flying really close to the sun. I was standing on the table, the tiny table, and I was really high in the air, and I just thought, why not go all the way to the sun.
Speaker 4: Yes, I love it. I like it and that way. Like listeners who check out Jordan and I, We're going to be doing the Thursday night recap right after the game. Really excited about that. We're gonna go live on YouTube, which is gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: Oh that's news all.
Speaker 4: You NFL Daily listeners.
Speaker 1: We just found out too. We're gonna try it. Wow, we want to try.
Speaker 2: H updates from the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please please do. We want to have everyone check that out. But we will have a show before that. Patrick Clayn going to be with me in the studio. We're going to preview all the Week one games. I'm so excited. Daniel Jeremiah is also going to be a part of that show, helping us uh to preview the games.
Speaker 4: So this was This was delightful. Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: What a time.
Speaker 4: We need to do this again.
Speaker 2: It's crue.
Speaker 4: We need to do this every week.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it. I thoroughly.
Speaker 6: I mean, Colleen, I've been such a fan of yours for forever. I know you're gonna hate me for saying this out loud on the show, like, but like, oh my gosh, I'm.
Speaker 3: So glad to be sitting next to you.
Speaker 2: Oh stop it, that's so nice. I should have brought that and standing and.
Speaker 1: Standing next Yeah, I know what happened to the Champanne Jordan's with all her sincerity and I know you too.
Speaker 4: Much for our our black hearts, not at this side of the tape. Play the song We're gonna go. Uh, this is fun.
Speaker 1: Every year, we're gonna do this. At the end of the year, they'll decide who won between the three of us again. We will be back on Thursday. I can't wait for that with Patrick Claibland for Colleen for Jordan's uh yeah, football is back.