Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning and you've got a brand new episode for your Second Date podcast. Thanks so much for being here. Hope you're loving the live videos that go along with these.
Speaker 2: Yah, we've got another one.
Speaker 1: That was posted yesterday on our YouTube page. So if you aren't following at Brooke and Jeffrey on YouTube, you should be. Y, was it a second Date that we posted yesterday?
Speaker 3: Yes, it was.
Speaker 2: Okay, so go back watch that, you know, watch us. That's how it goes. That's not creepy, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah yeah, And don't want just like live live what do you mean, like in my apartment?
Speaker 1: I'm like sleeping or do if it helps with our YouTube subscriber numbers, whatever works, all right, and then we're gonna get to a brand new episode in just a second.
Speaker 2: But first comments Alexis.
Speaker 3: Oh, Belinda Mandy is on our YouTube instead. First person to watch from Kenya twenty two seconds after upload.
Speaker 2: Wow, on it, dude, on it is right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, see if you can beat her time next week. Okay, those live videos go up every Tuesday. Your brand new episode, though, starts right now.
Speaker 5: Broken Jess in the Morning. Second Date updates.
Speaker 4: We've talked about how run clubs have become kind of a huge thing lately. Yeah, even people who aren't actual runners at all can just show up at the start of this race. They all run together or just uber straight to the finish line to enjoy the drinks and try to hook up with randos there. And apparently one of our listeners met someone through a similar type of club.
Speaker 6: But it doesn't involve running whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Oh, if it involves eating, I'm kind of into a eating club.
Speaker 4: Or maybe it's just an uber club and they all uber together. Let's find out.
Speaker 6: Josh, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Hey, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are you gonna tell us about this club?
Speaker 8: It's a stroll club. We all like get together and you just kind of like walk wherever you want to walk.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, And did you join this stroll club to meet other singles, because sometimes that's people's motivation.
Speaker 6: Or you're just really passionate about strolling.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: I have a small group of friends who like we went together. We actually have gone since a couple of times, where like the goal is not like to date somebody, but it is to sort of like branch out our friend group and like meet new people, just chat while we walk right and.
Speaker 1: You're not out of breath like the running club right right here to have a conversation.
Speaker 4: Well, it depends on how out of shape you are sometimes.
Speaker 7: That is absolutely true.
Speaker 8: So I started chatting with this girl named Lisa, and we decide that we're going to go on a date.
Speaker 2: That's so sweet. What a great way to ask her out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: We were both sort of making jokes about how like we both like doing anti sports like the stroll club, like not run club. We're just sort of like here to walk. So I thought it would be funny to take her to not golf, but mini golf.
Speaker 4: I don't appreciate you diminishing the value of mini golf as not being a real sport.
Speaker 8: Okay, the planets sort of like, do mini golf have a drink?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: There are places where you can do that now, where you can like have a drink at mini golf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've added alcohol to literally every activity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you can always sneak alcohol into mini golf even if they don't sell it there.
Speaker 6: So this isn't anything new.
Speaker 7: Okay, So but that is actually what happened though. I didn't.
Speaker 8: I didn't really realize that we ended up going to like more of a kid's mini golf than like an adults mini golf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't pick the trendy one. You picked the family fun center one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my knowledge on mini golf is not as great as it should be.
Speaker 1: Clear, when it's just you two, is it the same good energy that you had when you were in the stroll club or was there awkward moments?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: I didn't feel like there was any of that sort of like dead air space between us talking. Do you know what I mean, like where it was sort of like, oh god, it flowed. Yeah, for sure, it flowed.
Speaker 4: When you say that it flowed, do you mean like your personalities were matching or was it just.
Speaker 6: The alcohol was working and flowing? No, what do you mean?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 8: I mean both yea, so yes.
Speaker 6: The opposite of.
Speaker 2: Okay? Was it flirty?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, it was definitely flirty.
Speaker 6: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like how flirty are we talking?
Speaker 8: Like we were making jokes with the golf club. We were sort of like pretending to smack each other in the botto or whatever, and like it was okay.
Speaker 6: She was doing that to you right as.
Speaker 8: Well no, I was doing that to myself.
Speaker 7: Now, of course she was doing that.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, we're swinging golf clubs at each other flirtatiously.
Speaker 6: Figured he's like hitting her in the legs of the lub, She's like, leave me away.
Speaker 3: He's a good question to ask people on our show.
Speaker 1: Why do I feel like you guys were such a distraction at the Family Golf h Play World.
Speaker 8: We for sure were Okay, did you.
Speaker 4: Make it all the way to the final hole or did you get kicked out by employees before then?
Speaker 8: So we did make it to the final hall, and there's a little bit of a story.
Speaker 2: There, Oh what happened in Holy eighteen?
Speaker 8: So there's little time that says no trick shots because obviously everybody's trying to do something silly on whole number eighteen, me included, oh no, and I try to be silly and like bank shot off of the side. And this is going to sound like actually absurd, but the ball goes off the course and goes smack into this probably like nine year old birthday king.
Speaker 1: Oh why is that better than a face? Though for sure it was going to be hitting a child's head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it Now just seems like part of the decoration team.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh yeah, maybe it was mini golf team.
Speaker 2: Was a family so mad at you did they what happened?
Speaker 8: They were not super happy, but we, like I did apologize, like I'm so sorry.
Speaker 6: Like, is it a situation where you have to play it as it lies?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I saw so I just ripped my putter through the.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that's a mood killer. How was your date reacting to all this happening? This is a lot for her to witness too.
Speaker 8: We were both so like, oh my god, Oh my god, what just happened? And then after the fact we were making jokes about it, like immediately.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, mood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she found the humor in it too.
Speaker 8: It definitely helped that we've been drinking for like forty five minutes straight up until then.
Speaker 6: Okay, good.
Speaker 1: So as you're apologizing, you wreak of alcoholis to the family.
Speaker 2: That is a cute. Look, yeah, I'll try to be funny.
Speaker 4: So after you gave a nine year old a birthday that they'll never forget, how did you two leave it?
Speaker 8: So, I mean I will say that that they ended with a kiss, and then the next morning I texted her she texted back said like too much fun yesterday and.
Speaker 6: That's actually really good.
Speaker 2: Have you actually asked her out in those texts or no?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that one that was like, hey, let's sneak alcohol into a library.
Speaker 7: Maybe that would be fun too.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, what other childhood places could we ruin with our fundas?
Speaker 1: I would like to say, a library is a very adult place, Jeff that I enjoy.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he doesn't need alcohol. Are you drinking there because it's fun? Yeah? Yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: Think we'ret the same page except for with Lisa here.
Speaker 4: So we're going to reach out to her when we come back and try to get you a mulligin on a date. Reference this as good as we're going to do with your second date update right after this, hold.
Speaker 5: On Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 4: It's funny how your dating life can just snowball so quickly, and that was the case for our listener Josh, who recently met a woman named Lisa at Stroll Club, which rolled into golf clubs at a mini golf place and ended with them in Kiss Club, which I was the president and sole member of my high school Kiss Club member, so I know just how enjoyable that can be. Lisa even messaged him the next day saying how much fun it was. So it is weird that she suddenly stopped responding to him and Josh, you definitely sounded pretty disappointed in part one and not sure what could have caused her to suddenly ghost right, Yeah, no, I.
Speaker 7: Felt like we had a great time.
Speaker 1: I wonder if just the issue here is that then you asked her to go drink at a library, like maybe you took the joke too bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean, like sneaking.
Speaker 3: Alcohol places when like, yeah, she also could go to a bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I actually I want a real date.
Speaker 8: I mean, first of all, it was just a little thing over text. Second of all, like we were flowing in terms of our sense of humor, like she was getting my jokes.
Speaker 7: I think that that joke would have landed with her, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, So you're surprised she didn't laugh back, like it should have been obvious that you weren't being serious.
Speaker 7: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, after drinking for forty five minutes, you should be laughing at pretty much everything together.
Speaker 6: If it's not funny, I just want to say.
Speaker 8: You guys though, like I met her in the real world and not on a dating app.
Speaker 7: Like it feels like crazy to do that these days.
Speaker 8: So like it does feel like something kind of special, and I really don't want to let it go.
Speaker 7: So whatever we can do to like make it work.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's really nice man.
Speaker 4: Well, just like we used to say in my high school kiss club, let's just close our eyes and go for it.
Speaker 6: So here we go.
Speaker 1: We did you say it because you were the only person in the club.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's Oh you ought to diminish me in my high school self.
Speaker 6: I was thriving. So I've got your back here. Thank you. Trying to tear you down. This whole thing somebody had to. All Right, here we go. I'm gonna dot Lisa. We'll see if she answers. Let's do it.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 6: Hey, is this Lisa?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 6: Is this hey Lisa. We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the whole show is here, Lisa. What's that funny? What are you laughing at? Is this like one of those jokes when you had a joke club and you're.
Speaker 6: All we did. We cracked each other up in.
Speaker 1: Comedy Lisa, Sorry, are you there, Lisa?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I have no idea what's going on? We do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the case a lot of the times here. But this is a segment called a second Date update. Okay, I don't know if you're familiar with it, but basically, we're trying to help out a listener that went on a date with you and afterwards, there hasn't been a lot of momentum building towards a second one, so he's trying to figure out if there's a reason for that.
Speaker 6: And it's a guy named Josh.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I find it a little strange that he's relying on a radio station to intervene here, but yeah, I remember him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense. Why you think this is strange?
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It is an odd way. But he was really excited about you and about your guys. Is time together.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 9: We had a really good time. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even mentioned that you texted after the date saying what an awesome time it was. So that's why he's so confused that there hasn't been a second meet up.
Speaker 9: Maybe there doesn't need to be a second date.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't know if you've ever been out with someone and it goes really well and you feel like they're a good person, but you just don't know how much romantic connection you may have with them.
Speaker 2: Wait, he said that you guys shared a kiss at the end of the day. Wasn't it good? Like it feels like that's as flirty as you can get.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, I didn't realize he was want to literally kiss and tell.
Speaker 6: But yeah, we did. Well, we pulled it out, We asked him. Yeah he didn't offer that. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean, I don't even know if I can say this, but I kind of just have second thoughts on how he would be in.
Speaker 4: Bed whoa oh, based on the kiss or just based on the full experience of hanging out with him.
Speaker 6: That's such a good question.
Speaker 9: The kiss was fine, you know, but I don't know. I just I don't know if I had that spark that makes you want to jump a guy's bones.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 2: Something, Hey, I wanted to hear about the spark more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 4: So well, I mean I just want to say, like, hold on, hold on, hold on, Josh, because I mean, at this point it's kind of blown.
Speaker 6: Lisa, we need to let you know.
Speaker 4: Josh has been waiting on the other line, listening into the conversation, waiting to not very patiently.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were going to get more information, but yeah, Josh is here.
Speaker 9: Well, I shouldn't be surprised, even though this whole thing's been kind of a surprise.
Speaker 8: Look, we were on a mini golf course. Like, it's okay that there wasn't like the craziest romantic spark. I would love to take you out to like a very nice dinner, have oysters, and then see if there's a spark.
Speaker 5: Why oyster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're saying that the environment of all the children and families at the mini golf place wasn't conducive to being romantic with Lisa?
Speaker 6: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 7: I just wanted to have a good time together on that day. I wanted to end with the kist. I want trying to make it end with more than that. You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I mean, Lisa, do you see what he's saying. Does the setting of where it's happening matter in terms of creating romance?
Speaker 9: I gotta be honest, I don't think so, because I've definitely done stuff a mini golf place before done.
Speaker 2: So okay, I don't think we need details on.
Speaker 9: That in a baby shower, a graduation ceremony, you know. Just I don't think it's really the setting. I think it's I think it's the vibe.
Speaker 6: I don't thinking.
Speaker 2: Nothing gets you go in like fertility.
Speaker 9: Right, it's evolution. It's evolution. It's not me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Are you just saying you didn't have that chemistry with Josh? Like that's the issue for you?
Speaker 9: Correct?
Speaker 2: Is there any way he could fix it?
Speaker 8: I mean, look, I'm happy to dress sex here when we're not going to minigolf.
Speaker 2: What does that mean but a little bit.
Speaker 7: I just mean I'm beat a dressed up nice and like, I don't know what leads is into. Maybe it's that, Maybe.
Speaker 8: It's taraway pants. I'm willing to adjust whatever she's into.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that man who will do anything to make you happy, Lisa, that sounds pretty good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I gotta be honest. I wasn't expecting this sort of persistence.
Speaker 6: Does that help his situation? Is it turning you on a little bit?
Speaker 2: I think pants?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: That, but.
Speaker 4: What if we brought a baby in here with a bunch of gifts would that do something for you?
Speaker 9: Gotta you gotta play the dirty diaper games to get me going.
Speaker 3: Any other games?
Speaker 9: Is the objective here to get another date? Josh?
Speaker 8: Is that.
Speaker 6: She puts it so sexily too.
Speaker 8: It is very much that, Yes, okay, so romantic.
Speaker 2: I think he's kind of cute, he's funny, you're funny.
Speaker 1: I think that if you gave it another shot, you may you may find something there.
Speaker 4: And before I ask Lisa, I just want to ask the girls just in general. Is this something that has happened to you before, where you're hanging out with a guy, even if you have like a really nice time with him, you don't feel that romantic spark right away, that like desire to jump his bones.
Speaker 2: And it happens later. Is that what you mean?
Speaker 4: Or maybe you never do It just never comes where the romantic connection happens, and that's never happened.
Speaker 3: That is the friend zone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very common And trying to help Josh here, Jeff, I don't think that our answer is going to help him.
Speaker 4: No, I'm trying to like just make it like a normal thing, like there is hope down the line that there could be romance attraction could.
Speaker 6: Jump in and Brooke.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry that I even brought it up to you because I know you hook up with pretty much everybody, so well, I think.
Speaker 2: That that's the first step, and then the friends come back.
Speaker 3: That's how you find out there's a spark fast yes.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you hear that, Lisa. You're talking to the loosest morning show in the entire country, and we all think you should go for it. You might not know that the attraction's there until you actually try something with Josh.
Speaker 1: So I don't know that Jeff's helping here, but I do think that you should give him another go.
Speaker 6: Had a chuck e cheese? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know the baby shower, go relax.
Speaker 9: I should have never said the thing about the babies.
Speaker 6: Okay, but if.
Speaker 4: You agree to this, Lisa, we're just putting it out there. We would pay for the date.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 9: I I have to just be honest and say that I've never had a man call a radio station to get my attention before, and it's quite a romantic cask.
Speaker 4: So we are running out of time. It sounds like it's a yes from Lisa.
Speaker 9: Correct, It is a yes.
Speaker 6: Nothing turns the woman on like that.
Speaker 3: Free always say that again on the day.
Speaker 5: Reok and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: I'm always pleasantly surprised whenever we meet people who've kind of lost their filter, like her. Yeah, like we knew that lady for maybe two minutes before she's sharing how she got it on in a baby shower, a graduation ceremony, her dad's root canal pretty much anywhere, any place you can imagine she's done it.
Speaker 6: But for Josh, it just wasn't happening.
Speaker 1: It just didn't like for her, No, I mean, man, it didn't feel like she had a lot of hard parameters either.
Speaker 2: I know it is not a good look for Josh.
Speaker 1: Hey, maybe the next time they hang out, because they aren't gonna go out again, maybe maybe it'll spark.
Speaker 4: It is interesting what turned her is that she found it intriguing. He went through us in our show, so I.
Speaker 2: Still think it was a tear away Pansy mentioned.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know what turns people on anymore. Hopefully it's listening to our podcast at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 6: That's quite the date night. Go find us wherever you get yours. Just look Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning