Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch. That's right.
Speaker 2: You can buy your Allegedly and my Boys mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right. Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and your.
Speaker 2: Mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience. Once a week from Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows, and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Hey rain Drops. On today's episode of Reality with the King, I am reunited with my favorite blonde Well no, not Taylor Swift or Beyonce. I'm talking about my favorite blonde host who does the absolute most, who I love and a dear friend than mine. The amazing KKSE is back.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me back.
Speaker 4: And by the way, I just interview to you for a Saturday series and people need to go and listen to that episode because it's the entire personal story growing up in Detroit, ten siblings, well, ten including yourself, how you came out to your parents, working in the industry, advice for people who are moving into a new chapter of business or personal. It's really good. So people shall listen to that.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, go on kkc's podcast Reality Life with KKSE and listen to this amazing episode that just came out where you guys know, I'm very private, so of course it would take the journalistic skill set of Kate to get me to reveal so much personal stories about myself. But I'm so happy we did it. She made me feel so comfortable and almost cried. I'm like, is this a white crotch? As the interview like what are we doing here?
Speaker 4: Well, when you told the story about when you came out and your dad, that made me cry. Then I asked you to send me pictures of your siblings and I what did I send to you about your sister?
Speaker 1: You said, where's her reality show? I mean she's a stunner. She's a stunner and a star.
Speaker 2: Shout out to my sister Jazzy Bell, who also has a podcast called.
Speaker 1: Women in Hip Hop.
Speaker 2: So yeah, She's a star and I love her dearly. You know who else is a star to me?
Speaker 1: Who? Your brother?
Speaker 2: No? The Edibles Denise Richards took in this episode.
Speaker 4: I want to know what happened, Like, do you think she just took too many and too early? They drove her around in that car too long. You know, she lives in Malibu, so the parties in Encino. That's like quite a ride and they had to pick up somebody else along the way, Camille.
Speaker 3: Yes, do you think like she just overshot it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think that's how Funny brought that up.
Speaker 2: I definitely think she has so much time to pass getting away from Malibu, going to pick up Camille, who I'm assuming does live in Beverly Hills, and then having to drive to Encino. Not to mention Kate, I'm pretty sure Denise was nervous.
Speaker 1: Because she was walking in the light. Yeah, so I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Listen, allegedly, I'm pretty sure she swallowed and drank a couple of things and it showed due to her nervousness. Because, let's be honest here, nothing was happening on the show, which is why the producers allegedly brought Camille and Denise because things were falling flat in the drama meter and they needed to do something to ignite some drama. And I think Denise, by the way, who got paid to be there. Let's be very clear, Denise got a check to show up and they had to tell her what was going on. And I think it was the nervousness of all this pressure on Denise to deliver a good scene. She had to like take something to have the courage to stand up against Erica.
Speaker 1: Jane. Do you think.
Speaker 4: The same thing's happening with Sutton and Kyle. How Sutton keeps pushing this conversation about denial denial? Is it because Sutton is the only one that has the balls to do it?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, listen you and the beauty of you.
Speaker 2: The conversation that you and I have is we just don't recap an episode and regurgitate what we saw.
Speaker 1: And give our opinions.
Speaker 2: We go deeper in terms of what we're seeing, what I can share with you. Based on being a producer in this business, it was a lot of pressures to make sure this season was great without Lisa Renna right, Yes, it was. It was the pressures of that because Lisa Renna was the only person who will call things out.
Speaker 1: Alex ba igniter.
Speaker 2: She's a force igniter, not multiplier. She's a force igniter. Alex Baskin, who was an EP of the show, was on your podcast and I tell this story all the time. When you interviewed him, he said, the difference between OC and Beverly Hills OC cost each other out and Beverly Hills they.
Speaker 1: Don't, they don't, they don't do it.
Speaker 2: And this constant battle between Kyle and Sutton, in my opinion, has a lot to do with the fact that nothing was happening and these two were I'm not gonna say pressured, but they knew that they had to do something because this season was falling flat. And is the only person that has the gravitaze to stand up against Kyle. And I want people to know this. A friend of mine text me and said, which is funny. Kate, a friend of mine who's in the business, he texted me, he said, who's the force multiplier of Beverly Hills. I'm having lunch with a girlfriend of mine and we're debating who will Carlos Kings say is a force multiplier? So now it's like a topic of conversation at brunch Kate, So, I said, Kyle Richards, and he said, I'm shocked you would say that. I said, listen to me as to why I'm saying it. Kyle understands that she has to move shit around. Let's not get into the fact that she really pushed something over the edge in Vegas because Kyle knew that Erica Jane was to be is it getting a lab dance deree is trying to figure out what hair dyes she's.
Speaker 1: Using in a scene, and then the other girls are checked out.
Speaker 2: Kyle pushed, pushed, pushed Sutton to be crazy Town at the dinner table scene in this past week's episode, Kyle kept asking her say it.
Speaker 1: What is that you want to say? Just say it.
Speaker 2: Kyle was giving Sutton permission put it out there. Let's have a conversation about it. Because I know the mummy you do. I'm going to get you, which is why she said, Kate, you have some nerve telling talking to me about a diet when you don't eat well.
Speaker 4: I think that they're both full force multipliers, but I think that one is passive aggressive and the other is aggressive aggressive.
Speaker 3: I think Sutton is aggressive aggressive.
Speaker 4: Yes, because Sutton is willing to say things the other women won't, and she has great in the moment, you know, dialogue. But I could not believe the way I think Kyle is almost crossing over from her typical which is like passive aggressive and aggressive aggressive aggressive.
Speaker 1: Was you don't eat, which was like such a low blow.
Speaker 4: Yes, And also you're drinking a lot, like this is a different version of Kyle that's ever been She would have never done that in the past.
Speaker 2: No, because Lisa Renna would have. Yeah, Lisa Renna would have. And because Kyle is the only os.
Speaker 4: Coke in the bathroom is like the equivalent of the season of like what you're pushing food around your plate? That I was surprised too, because eating issues, surprisingly over all these franchises is never really brought up, which is such like a pervasive issue for women, especially over the age of like twenty five. You know your body image and how you eat predominantly I think in white culture too, like being thin is so important.
Speaker 1: Like do you watch Miami of course? Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, did you remember the scene where Lisa's kids get a pizza? Yes, Lisa's very distracted on a phone conversation with Jody and the kids get a pizza and she says, this is your cheat, and then the little boy wants to have another piece and she's telling them no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that was so weird.
Speaker 4: It's weird, but it's like I think that happens all the time.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe that.
Speaker 4: I'm glad the producers showed that because I feel like they never show anything happen to do with eating issues. And all of these women are on television now, and I think it got exponentially harder for them, you know, once they became a celebrity to like how they I mean, you know, ozembic is like used everywhere, but we've seen like a lot of their bodies change, and I think it's because the pressure that they put on themselves, you know, personally in the because of society, societal norms, and then the added element of being on television when you have people that DM you and they're like you need to lose weight, Like I'm a I'm nobody, Like I'm a podcaster, and I get dms like, you know, telling me things I need to tweak about my face. I can't imagine what these women get, like dms all the time about you know, you look fatter this season, And I was just surprised that it's taken this long, all these seasons of Beverly Hills for somebody having an eating issue to come up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember Crystal on Belly Hills was the first person a Moser franchise of Beverly Hills to talk about it, and then we had Joke Jackie Golschneider on Jersey to talk about it. So when I'm very by the way, very cool of those two women to be that open about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I have great respect for them for that.
Speaker 2: Oh No, for sure, because it's it's it's was realistic, especially in the entertainment business, which is why Ozimpic is like the new weight Watchers pill that everyone's taking. I know men who are on a Zimpic, Like, it's not just reduced to women.
Speaker 1: It's this obsession with the weight.
Speaker 2: So when Kyle brought up to Sutton that you have some nerve talking about my diet when you don't eat and you push your food around, I really wanted the producer to do a montage so that we can see that because prior to that statement, I never I never really even thought about Sutton's eating habits, you know, And now to your point, they're sort of alluding that Sutton is a drinker, you know, like, is she an alcoholic? We always thought possibly that something was just a weirdo in the most complementity way of saying that, but now they're trying to say, no, it's deeper than that, that there could be some mixture of alcohol and medication, which is the same thing that Erica Jane said last season was the reason why she was acting so wacky.
Speaker 4: So to your point earlier of Alex saying, you know, Beverly Hills is different because they don't really address things, and also their fights are about petty things. So it's just interesting the concern maybe Lisa Renna's gone house, this show going to be different. These comments are cutting deep. Yes, if you're Sudden and you are on this ballet theater, you know board, and you have been married to an executive at PIMCO, and you're from the South, then you have a certain way that you want people to perceive you. And then someone on your cast is suggesting you have eating issues and a drinking problem.
Speaker 2: This is some heavy shit, it is, and that's the reason why Sutton is so thrown off because I'm sure she's like, look, I don't mind giving you guys good TV, but I don't think Sutton ever thought.
Speaker 1: Kyle would go there. No, you know what I mean. So I'm going to challenge you though.
Speaker 2: I think Kyle is more aggressive as a force multiplier than Sutton.
Speaker 1: And the reason why I so.
Speaker 4: You know, I agree with you. I'm saying historically she's been oh yes, yes, So this season I'm throwing me and everybody else for a loop because she It's like, so you're wondering, have you always been like this and you've been like, it's been dormant, yes, and and you're bringing it out now.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because they they are you.
Speaker 4: So frustrated by the marriage that you've had to Mauricio where you did not have a voice, and not having a voice in your family of origin with your sisters, that now you have found a power in your sobriety and in this friendship slash relationship that you have with Morgan that you feel that now you can use your voice.
Speaker 2: I think it's all of those things. I think it's all of those things. I think, listen, I've always said that people, Kyle is my favorite housewife across all franchises, because she just has this amazing quality to me of being so likable but not boring, Like there's something interesting about a woman who's been on the show since season one who understands how to produce moments in scene and how to bring these women together but also drop a bomb to tear them apart and to make sure we get the drama that we're watching for her, right, which is why she's She's always pushing the envelope and trying to get deep in the story. And I as a producer and I work with women.
Speaker 1: She's a producer mind.
Speaker 2: She's like you, Oh no, she's Oh, she's Kyle is fantastic.
Speaker 3: She doesn't always have to be the front and center talent.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I think she's actually most happy in the background.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, for sure, she's she Listen, Kyle does care what people think about her. I think now she's not caring as much. But she's always been a woman who cared what people thought about her. So when you have a Lisa Renna who doesn't give a fuck, who's like, I don't care, it was nice to have somebody else play that role. And to your earlier point because Kyle did not have a voice in her sisterhood and she did not have the biggest.
Speaker 1: Voice in her marriage. Here she is on the.
Speaker 2: Number one Real Housewives franchise on Bravo. Yeah, and she's now dating, allegedly a woman who will talk about that in a second. Two, honey, because they're smitten with each other does not lie. Honey, they are smitten. But we'll get to that in a second. She now understands that if I'm going to divorce Mauricio, who's the breadwinner, I need for Beverly Hill's Housewives to be successful because this is my bread and butter at the moment, and I'm not going to make this season flop. And that's why she got in her red dress or her cramped ponytail with the waterfall curls and and and.
Speaker 1: Look never looked better.
Speaker 2: And she gave something a run for her motherfucking money and and and Kate, this this dinner party listen is not as iconic iconic as Allison Dubois like. It fails in comparison to that. But in my opinion, these past two episodes were the best of the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know, in next week's episode, she meets with a therapist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she talks about her sister.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about her sister.
Speaker 4: So she wait to your point though, like she would have never done that in seasons past because she's terrib she should be terrified of upsetting Kathy in any way. But there's something something happened with MAURICEO. Something happened and I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: You don't what what are you? Because you're the smart one. What do you because listen the reason why?
Speaker 4: I mean I can only guess through the television with my armchair psychology degree. But I mean there's something he he did something that was such a betrayal to her. Something happened where she I tend to believe that having separation from her sister, being isolated from her sister and her nieces and nephews, then having her best friend die by suicide, that would be a ton where you expect your partner to be there for you. Was that is when you would need the most. And like also added element, a lot of her kids are, you know, going off to college, moving on the house. It's like an identity issue of like, you know, my kids don't need me as much. But the significance of your best friend, you like childhood best friend, your witness to your life experiences, the person who knows you better than anybody, who you don't have to explain things to. If I were Kyle's friend this week, and she'd be like, Kate's great, She's got to give me a history of you know, fifty years her friend dies by suicide, and she's isolated from her siblings and her nieces and nephews, and they're all having life experiences like Paris having a son that she's not getting access to.
Speaker 3: You would expect your partner.
Speaker 4: To be there, and if they are not, whether it's they've cheated or they're checked out because they have their own reality show and they're trying to get booked on Dancing with the Stars. He was not there for her in some way that was such a life changing boundary crossing issue that she is willing to come forward and say I am separated and I don't know what the future is like. I don't think Kyle five years would have said that. So something something significant happened.
Speaker 2: I never looked at it that way. I think you're onto something in the sense of listen. I was always told in any successful marriage, there has to be one star per household for sure, because it's a.
Speaker 3: I mean my mother said that. Did your mother say that?
Speaker 4: My mom said that. She would just say always say when you find a partner, there can only be one star of the show. So when you're the star, they take a backseat, and conversely, when they're the star, you take it. There can never be two stars.
Speaker 1: No, I'll go on record, I will never date a star. Yeah, it's not. I don't have time to compete with you.
Speaker 2: And when you look at relationships that have lasted until the end of time, a lot of it has to do with the fact of what your mom said in terms of there has to be somebody who's the star and the other person takes the back seat, and then roads can change, but you can't do it. There is something interesting that when Mauricio got the buying Beverly Hills shown Netflix, Netflix, that all of a sudden there's been like these rumors always existed, but now it is so prevalent to where they're announced a separation and Mauricio's agency is killing it. He literally has the number one agency in all of them, in all of like California, you know, this man left the Hilton Okay, left the family business and started his own agency, which, in case you guys don't know, allegedly that's the main reason why At and Kyle have issues because Mauricio left the family Hilton agency to start his own and now he beat them twenty times over. Yeah, so Mauricio, who never looked better, living his best life, he now has what he wants. Kyle no longer probably has the availability to Mauricio. You have Morgan, who I never heard of until her her tattoos appeared on the show. By the way, pretty girl, very soft spoken. I was expecting more of like a death Row Records little Wayne type of voice.
Speaker 4: You know who? She reminds me of, Oh Leather Tuscadero from Feeling what was that called Happy Days?
Speaker 1: Who is also who is played.
Speaker 4: By Susie Quatro, seventies singing ballad star stumbling in Looking up on YouTube, you will be like, oh my god, Christy McNichol, she's got the whole look. Can I say that because I have older sisters so my references can be a little bit off, but she looks just like her. But I will also say this, like there's a lot of speculation obviously whether or not they're in an intimate relationship. What we all can agree on is they have an emotional connection because of and Kathy's pointed this out too, Morgan has had a mistectomy, Their mother had a mistectomy. Morgan has tourettes. There are like things about her that I could see, like there's something connection that they've talked about. Another alluring thing about someone who's significantly younger than you, who is outside of your bubble. Imagine if you're Kyle and by the way, I don't know you know them personally, but this is my how I perceive things. If you're Kyle and you've had the same friends for decades and then someone younger comes in their perspective of you and your life can be very Entrancein Yes, an outsider who says, wait a minute, so like this goes on with your sister, and then like MAURICEO does this, and you're like, oh my god, you're right, Like why do I put up with this shit? Why does why is this okay? Somehow you will take that from an outsider in a way like because Fay is friends with Kathy and Chris Jenner's friends with Kathy, and Sutton's friends with Kathy, and I'm assuming that a younger person is like, I don't care about Kathy, I care about you. That could be very very entrancing.
Speaker 1: C K I knew you had the answer, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like sometimes when somebody outside your little bubble is like I would never stand up for that.
Speaker 3: Why would you?
Speaker 4: And listen, there's the added component of the they're both women that are sober, you know, I don't necessarily think and based on things that Kyla said, like she doesn't feel like she was an alcoholic per se, but more of like she didn't like her relationship with alcohol, apparently there's a difference from that like yeah, I think she just said I I think perst. Probably she looked back at episodes from the previous scene season.
Speaker 3: I didn't like the way she looked.
Speaker 2: Especially the scene where she pushed and while I was talking to Diana.
Speaker 4: And she may have thought, maybe this stuff with Kathy wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been drinking in scenes. So now you're with somebody who doesn't drink, who likes to work out, who has you know, is in the country world. She doesn't feel like needs her like I'm assuming for Kyle, the people that are around her life all the time want something from her.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh everybody wants.
Speaker 4: Something for her. How refreshing. If it's somebody who comes from a completely different world, it doesn't need something from her.
Speaker 1: Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 2: Kate once again hit the nod on the head. So I don't drink. I have had a drink in like almost ten years. Drink, I will say as somebody who doesn't drink. When I stopped drinking, I stop hanging out with the people who used it to you know, have fun and party and stuff like I just I became a different person. I was more focused on, like my career and other things happening.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: When you are a sober person, you attract people who are a part of this new face in your life who represents this new person. Because not drinking around people in our business, you're weirdough, So when you find your community and you find somebody who doesn't do it, you engage and converse over something totally different. I also am a workout fanatic because when you don't drink, you find other ways to get this burst of energy. And I wake up at five thirty in the morning, I work out. I'm a crazy person, right, I relate to Kyle someone much in that sense, And you're right, Listen, this is no.
Speaker 1: Shade to her friends.
Speaker 2: Okay, I agree with you in terms of I don't think she has anybody in her life probably who doesn't need something from her. I don't think Dere's her real friend in the sense of I think if Dereet was not on the show, her and Kyle would have nothing in common. I think Piku and Mauricio being men, what they have in common is the fact that our wives on this crazy show and they're crazy.
Speaker 1: But Drey needs.
Speaker 2: Kyle because without Kyle, Deriy is nothing on the show.
Speaker 4: She has said that after Morgan came into her life that they don't have the same friendships.
Speaker 2: You're right, And she also said, you don't drink anymore, and that was our thing. We would get drunk and go to Vegas and party. That's not who Kyle is anymore. And the reason why Derei feels that way is this, when a person gets sober, the biggest fear that they friends have is I'm going to be axed out because I am a drinker and Derey is feeling like she's going to be ostracized because she no longer can call Kyle and say let's have let's let's go to the barge with happy Hour, let's go to Vegas and get fucked up and like dance on people. That that's what happens to you. You listen, guys. Anybody who doesn't drink knows this. You lose friends. I'm a product of losing friends. When I stop drinking, you lose friends because you guys don't have that much in common anymore. And that's why I love this new Kyle who understands that what you said so brilliantly, I now am seeing myself outside of this fucking nine oh two and no bubble, And and I don't like who I was when she told Mauricio, I can't get how many tattoos I want, like I can't do what my mom.
Speaker 4: I love that scene. She would have never said that years before she really was a wife. I think people forget this too when you look back at old episodes, Like she does all of her kids laundry, she's making their lunches, like she was a very very hands on mother. And I would presume he expected the same of himself in his life, like you know, you need to show up at every event. I need you to be here.
Speaker 3: Also, he's owns a.
Speaker 4: Real estate company, right, he wants his wife, who's a reality star and has worked in the entertainment industry for decades to come. She was probably enormously helpful in him building his business, right. So it was great in that moment where she's like Hubert, like, you know, you don't get to look at my body like it's That was a great scene. That was like a Sister Wives Janelle and Christine leaving Cody. Yes kind of scene. I love it when a woman like finds her.
Speaker 1: I hate to interrupt, but stay tuned for more.
Speaker 2: Life doesn't happen bi weekly, So why should payday? The money you earn can be in your hands today with earn in. Earn In is an app that gives you access to your pay as you work, up to one hundred dollars per day or up to seven hundred and fifty dollars per pay period. Just download the earn in app and verify your paycheck, then access up to one hundred dollars a day as you work, and leave an optional tip. Any money you access plus tips are automatically repaid from your next paycheck. If I needed something like earning, it's what I use. And this is why because child your boys busy. I got several jobs, as y'all know, and I like my money, honey. So any opportunity to where I'm able to get paid at a moment's known as honey.
Speaker 1: Sign me up.
Speaker 2: Make earn In a part of your financial routine. Enjoy earnings over three and a half million customers who say when I think about earn in, I think about financial stability, security. It gives me a lot of peace of mind. Download earn in today spelled e a r n i in in the Google Play or Apple App Store. When you download the earn in app, type in reality under Podcasts when you sign up. It'll really help the show reality under podcast subject to your available earnings dailymax and pay period max. See earnin dot com slash ts for details. This is Reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. We have to get into the big Kathy, who you call.
Speaker 1: The mayor of Beverly Hill.
Speaker 2: So, Kate, I was floored when I'm telling you Kyle doesn't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: I love this new Kyle. Kyle, my apologies.
Speaker 2: You should have been in my top ten Greatest Housewives of All Time list.
Speaker 1: You were number eleven. She she was number eleven.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that she was eleven.
Speaker 2: Well I never revealed who was eleven, but she wasn't into the That's why Kyle is going to replace somebody else. I'm going to redo it. In twenty twenty four, Kyle Is when she revealed and challenged Sutton, broke the fourth wall. No say it, say what she said to you tell everybody's fucking kitchen. When it was revealed, honey, that big Kathy called Sutton and cussed her out. The fact that Kathy has the power to ice you allegedly out of Beverly Hill's parties, which is why when Lisa, Renna and Erica Jayne said you did say the F word to the DJ, you said it, and Crystal and everybody else had amnesia. They all felt in that moment, I'm not going to be ostracized from the Beverly Hills socialites.
Speaker 1: I had no idea. Okay, maybe you did.
Speaker 2: I had no idea the power that Kathy Hilton has not had.
Speaker 4: I think I think that there's this weird wartex there's real power and perceived power. If she was that powerful, that was the tweet I put out. If she was that powerful, she should be the mayor of Beverly Hills. Like obviously this woman like people do what she says. I think it's a lot of that is perceived power, you know, And I think it originates in they're Richard's family. Like I'm telling you everything that we need to know about every house wife. I've built a show about it. You got to go look at someone's origin story and then all the puzzle pieces fit together. And in the family of origin, Kathleen Dugan, who was their mother, she set it up like this with these three sisters that they all have like their positions and they have decided to continue with that. This is like an intergenerational thing. And listen, Beverly Hills is great because it's relatable and unrelatable at the same time. There's that dichotomy. Yes, it's relatable because in the in the in Kyle's personal story, and especially when Kathy was on the show and when Kim was on the show, we are witnessed to the family dynamics of these sisters, and there are so many things that are related about oh To that you and I can relate to that I'm sure most people can. At the same time, it's totally unrelatable because it's in this city where everybody works in the entertainment industry. They're very beautiful, they have a lot of wealth, they have access to money and power. It's almost like we're standing outside their family room window and we're watching them, so you know, it's it's both unrelatable and relatable. And the family dynamics that they've chosen to continue even as they have their own children is that they have these like three positions where Kathy is like the dictator.
Speaker 3: She dictates the rules, like we should behave.
Speaker 4: This way, you marry a guy like this, you should live here, your house should be decorated like and you can see micro moments where like Kim will walk in the door and Kathy would be.
Speaker 1: Like, you're gonna wear that. You're really you're gonna wear that.
Speaker 4: It's like, you know, these are all positions where they were kind of set up by their mother and that they've continued to kind of carry on well after her death. But that was the power dynamic that the mom set up, but some of it's still perceived power. That even though Kyle's in her fifties and she has her own six sas and her own family and her own set of friends, her sister still has power over in a way. So that is real power. The perceived power are the people that are outside of that family dynamic, the women on the show, the Crystals and the Suttons. And when Eric points out in the last episode that what you just said, like they're all in fear of Kathy because if you puss her off, like you're gonna cut off, I think that's perceived power.
Speaker 1: Like is that really a reality? I don't think so.
Speaker 4: But the dynamics of these three sisters have somehow trickled out into their friendship circle. I don't know if fay Resnick would have the same opinion that the others that maybe she would, I don't know. But this is why I find Beverly Hills to be the most fascinating because Kyle, the producers, their sisters have given us access to the family dynamics. If you take any Housewife and any other franchise, they would be exponentially more interesting if we were given access to their siblings and more to their parents, because they become even more complicated. The more complicated they become, the more interesting they become, the more empathy we have for them, the more we fight for them. Right, if you just met Teresa Judae and she showed up at a party, you may not like her as much as you would because you met her parents, you met her brother, you met her sister in law, you meet her kids, and then you're like, oh, there's like so much more to this person. So I think that people like Beverly Hills because of the Richard sisters and I'm sorry, like Kyle, Kim, Kathy, whatever they paid for them, it's worth it because despite the fact, this is really an Irish Catholic family. And that's maybe why I get it so much, because it's like so similar to my own family dynamics. It's relatable the family dynamics and not here's a question I have for you.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about this a lot today.
Speaker 4: Is like I get their dynamics a lot because my family of origin is similar like an Irish Catholic. I'm Protestant, but like my mom was raised Catholic. I went to a Catholic college, so like the way that they're not allowed to talk about deep issues, like as soon as they get into it, they cut it off. The way that Kathy showed up at Kyle's house at the end of last season and Kyle starts crying and she goes Kyle Kyle, which is like, shut up, stop crying. That is very much my culture, Like sweep it under the rug, pick up your chin. No one wants to hear about your problems, and this should definitely not be on TV. How how do you look at that as a black man? Like, how would it be different if the Dugan Richard's family or the King family?
Speaker 3: Like how what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: What dynamics are similar to your family and different?
Speaker 1: So that's the thing. It's funny, you're so you're so smart. I was gonna bring up.
Speaker 2: The black gay perspective of the you know of all of this. Obviously, I have nine siblings. I know what it's like to operate out of a big family. The thing is this, in every siblinghood, you do have a spokesperson. You do have a leader, whether it's the mother or the father of the ship group. When it's more than like three, there is there is like the matriarch and the patriarch.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: What I can relate to with with the Hilton, well with with with the sisters, right Kim, Kathy and Kyle, is the fact that you don't go against the family.
Speaker 1: You just don't.
Speaker 2: You don't go against the family, and you don't say anything to them on camera because Kyle is less worried about the perception of the fans when it comes to Kathy. It's more about the damage that is going to happen behind the scenes that Kathy is allegedly going to do that will never see the light of day. And this is Kyle's concern on camera. I'll get the blame for it because Kathy is going to play along with this aloof personality she has that the fans eat up right, Kyle fear is the world would think I'm the bitch when they have no idea that the moment they yell rap and we go home, there's going to be months of me being attacked by Kathy allegedly that the world will never see.
Speaker 1: And that's what Kyle is so worried about.
Speaker 2: That's why she cries or just cut off, cut off when she said that if I get let me tell you something, which which is not something me and my siblings ever do when we get into it. We don't pick the cousins against each other like that's that's I'll say it. That's fucked up dark.
Speaker 4: It's dark.
Speaker 2: So if if Kyle and Kathy have an issue Paris and what's the oldest name, Kyle's oldest daughter, Yeah, Paris and Parah can't talk Farah can't Sarah can't be around Paris's new son. Maybe that's the fuck. The part about this is the fact that in my fam and the black family household, when we have issues among siblings, we don't We don't bring it to the cousins like that.
Speaker 1: It's separate.
Speaker 2: And that's the reason why the most dangerous person in Beverly Hills to me.
Speaker 1: Is Kathy in the sense of.
Speaker 2: The perceived power that Sutton and Crystal that they make on Kathy is because they see what Kathy.
Speaker 1: Can do with her real blood family, and.
Speaker 4: They're like, look, great observation, great observation.
Speaker 2: If this bitch can isolate her her fucking sister, we're pony. And that's the reason why, because let's be real, I want to get your thoughts.
Speaker 4: And by the way, it's dangerous too. Because they're like, I can only get so close to her because the slightest thing that upsets her, I'm off, Like I'm cut off.
Speaker 1: Kathy is so powerful.
Speaker 2: They never showed what was in Lisa Renda's Malila envelope on the reunion.
Speaker 1: Kathy is so powerful.
Speaker 2: Lisa Renna left the reunion and resigned from the show because for her, she probably realized even in the midst of this, she's being protected allegedly, right, you would think Chris Jenner is the most powerful part in Beverly Hills just.
Speaker 4: My property of But again, but is this real though.
Speaker 2: Which is why I agree with you. I always thought, like kathink that power for Honey's Chris Jenner. But it's perceived because they see the power there.
Speaker 4: Yes, there is power because it's perceived power. Yes, when's our college course that we're going to direct?
Speaker 1: Oh, Honey, you see La n Y you look war gates.
Speaker 4: Were coming for you at Columbia. But wait, Detorisa Judice does the same thing that Kathy does, because those cousins don't talk either.
Speaker 1: See don't I don't think no, no, no, they don't talk.
Speaker 4: No, they don't talk. They don't follow each other.
Speaker 1: I don't think they talk.
Speaker 2: But I don't think it's esa telling her daughters don't fuck with your cousins.
Speaker 1: That's the difference. I think, Yeah, you're Kathy.
Speaker 2: Kathy allegedly is telling Paris Nikki you're not allowed to speak to them, and they're like okay and that or maybe.
Speaker 4: She doesn't say it, but they know, let's start.
Speaker 1: Nobody goes against Big Kathy.
Speaker 4: I have to. I would love to talk to Kathy Hilton about her mother. Yes, I really feel like if we understand Big Kathy in there in a way that's different than reading the op Jerry Oppenheimer book, which we all could do, but it's really when you talk to somebody, you get really a sense of like who their parents were and what set them up to be the person that they are, and how they look at parenting and sibling relationships and friendships.
Speaker 1: I mean, it all really does make more sense now listen the Gults. I think I think there's.
Speaker 4: Something happened with Kathy that if we understood her story more, it would make sense why she's so protective, why she isolates people, like something must have happened to her as a kid, family dynamics or what life circumstances where he feels completely vulnerable and or doesn't want to feel vulnerable and therefore cuts people off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think you're probably the only person who can get a solid interview out of Kathy Hilton, because I think a lot of people would just fan out, like, oh my god, you're so funny and hunky dory and yeah, team Kathy.
Speaker 1: I think you being a neutral party, like you.
Speaker 2: Don't give a fuck about what team you're like, You're not on anyone's team here. The beauty of you is you're able to see things from a deeper perspective.
Speaker 1: And you're able to team truth. Yes, exactly your team.
Speaker 4: I'm your team, like understanding and truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like, listen all of these housewives, I feel like we're all we all want the best for them, and I feel like a lot of them really just want to be her heard. Yes, And it's not always easy to do when you're part of an ensemble cast and you get like snippets of their personal lives. That's why I like doing interviews with them, because I really think that they all have such a unique way of looking at the world based on their own life circumstances, and the more you learn about them, the more you you're kind of like, Okay, well that's the reason they parent the way. That's the way that they don't always feel protected in their friendships. Like you could do this for every single housewife, but I just think Kathy, Kyle, and Kim are so fascinating because of the added element of like two of them have been working since there were kids, Like what is that like? Imagine your own family if like two of your siblings had been working in Detroit in commercials and movies, and then at some point if your parents are reliant on their income that they generate.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now they live in a city where everything is about how much power you have, Like that's going to mess you up too. So that's why I'm saying the power and the perceived power are are are sometimes hard to understand in just their family, But then you add like a city that's all about power and perceived power. Perceived power is like that person is like like influencers in modern day era, Like that's perceived power. Do they really have power?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Can they green light movies and TV shows?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: But people think because they have like four point two million followers on TikTok that that's power, it's perceived power.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, you're right, You're absolutely right. Like why aren't all these TikTokers running for office?
Speaker 4: That's like they're so powerful, so many people follow them, they want to buy it, like, but they don't run for off best Why because it's perceived.
Speaker 1: Its perceived. It's perceived. No, it really, it really is.
Speaker 2: And that's the reason why when you look at this episode, listen, Denise Richards being on is like whatever, Like, we get it. She was, she was, you know, nervous, Nelly nervous, She was nervous, she drank a little allegedly, yes, exactly. But what I got from this episode was really the I'm going to say it, the perceived power of Kathy and I am more interested in seeing how that play out versus seeing pque redo Pretty Woman Part five with dried and the return necklace, Like I really want to dive more into what you said, like what is happening in Kyle's life to where she now has a voice and she she feels so much freedom and you.
Speaker 1: Can you see a different person? Yeah, do you like this new Kyle?
Speaker 3: I do, but I don't like how mean she can be. I don't think the moment.
Speaker 4: Where she said to Sudden moving the food around the plate was very kind. It could be very damaging. I don't think alluding to someone having an alcohol problem is very kind. And I don't think I would suspect the reading she's gonna say. I didn't like myself in that moment, yeah, because I think she's a deeply caring person. Yeah, And I don't think that she that actually reminded me of the moments where she was probably drunk, like being snippy. But you know, you know, we always say people that are hurt people, right, I think you're seeing somebody who's deeply in pain at that. But when they were filming that, and I suspect the longer time goes on, she's gonna have more clarity. But I didn't like those scenes. But I I like someone finding freedom. And you know what, frankly, I like, I like a show where I watched someone season after season and then suddenly they reveal themselves or they reveal another interesting part of themselves. And very few housewives can do that for me, you know, I'm kind of like, I get it. I know your story, and you know that you got to hire people for these shows that are very complex because it's I want to follow someone's story, and if you're really like pretty bland and one sided, one note, I'm going to get over you pretty quickly. I Vicky Gumbelson. But I like that this is like a whole new chapter, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, Kyle's story obviously breathe new life into this season, and I'm very intrigued with what she has going on. I wish the other ladies on the show had enough personal story to go along with what Kyle is.
Speaker 1: Giving us, because I do agree with you.
Speaker 2: I do feel like this season is lacking real personal story. I miss seeing Erica like defend herself and getting like, you know, the bad bitch persona that she always had.
Speaker 1: Deree forget about it.
Speaker 2: We're never getting anything ever again. I've already said that three years ago.
Speaker 1: She's still on. So that's that, Crystal.
Speaker 4: You know what they you know, it's a story that's kind of they glossed over. I hope they go back to. Is like the fact that Crystal's brother was heartbroken because of that breakup and this like this alluding to like Crystal's hand in that.
Speaker 3: That's interesting too.
Speaker 4: It's also I mean cultural issues, like Chinese families, are they like that tight that you're old, the older sister has power over the younger brother, Like I why, I wish they would explore that more. I thought that was really interesting. Of course I'm a lunatic and I DM Crystal. I was like, I need, like, what's happening with your brother? Did he mean anybody? She said he's single. And then I'm like, well, why can't he get back with the girl? And she said he met somebody else? Oh, I know, that's so sad. Then I went, why can't he be the bachelor? And she said, but he's forty two, And I said, but he's an Asian forty two, which is an Irish twenty six year old. So I mean, make that happen.
Speaker 1: No, And by the way, I think he's so hot.
Speaker 4: By the way, he's very cute. By the way, let's not gloss over the fact he's like a major pop star in China.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, Like what did not know that? But that's what I want from Beverly Hills, Like, let's give more. We can't just focus on Kyle. I'm loving it. But let's listen. That was one scene that I was really captivated by. But we don't see we haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they were like.
Speaker 4: Oh, we got it, we gotta chase this story. I also think some of the Erica stuff, I wonder if they're couching it because they're going to use it for that too. Episodes special where we follow her a Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe.
Speaker 4: I think Durreet has phoned it in for a long time. But maybe the truth is there are lots of people in this world who are really nice, interesting people, but they're just not great for television.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's just like we are.
Speaker 4: You can learn her whole story in one season, you know, like she doesn't have the longitevity because she's not maybe complex enough. Or I would say, if I were a producer, which obviously I'm not, I would say, why don't we explore more of her origin story? Like her I think her parents are from Israel. Oh, and so it's like, Okay, she grew up in Connecticut, Like what is that like to be like raised by parents from another country? Like what was that like in Connecticut? And then you know she was traveling all over the world working in the fashion industry. I feel like they kind of touched on that. Maybe they her first season, but maybe there's more there that that could be What is it like to be a Jewish woman in America in the year twenty twenty four, Like that would be like the story that I would want to chase a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what what's that like in Beverly Hills And what does that mean for your social circle and all that stuff. Yeah, I really listen. This season is lacking substance for me. I enjoy the dinner party, but I enjoyed it because it brought more information that we just didn't know, and that, to me is what's fascinating about these past two episodes. We'll see what happens next week, but I really want them to focus more on that and seeing how that dinner party hopefully produced more great moments that we'll see afterwards. Lastly, I am interested in is a Marie the New.
Speaker 1: So We're psych your Psychic?
Speaker 4: Because I was just gonna say I didn't like the clip where Anne Marie is asking uh Sutton about the esophagus issue because she's an anesthesiologist, I believe, and remember she had the conversation with Kyle. Kyle was like, I think it's weird. She says, like things get caught in her esophagus, and then Amory's like is it a sphincter issue? Like what? And it looks like she's like in a group of other people kind of drilling down on Ston like well, this esophagus story, like it doesn't make any sense. Now if it's true, let's live in that vortex. Like if it is true that Sutton does have some eating issues, which we don't know if it's true, but it's been like alluded to. I'm not going to feel good about a scene where someone's like this story doesn't add up or you like, do you have anorexia?
Speaker 3: Like that would be pretty gross and yeah.
Speaker 4: That's dark, Like I don't know if people really want to see that. You know, people would like to see a scene where maybe Sutton is on a hike with somebody like a Kyle and Kyle talks about like, you know, I grew up in an industry where I was a six year old on a movie set and I'm being told, you know, you got to watch what you eat and the very realistic pressures because we can't forget that Sutton was a ballerina, yeah, and like, well they need to explore that too, Like what is it like to be a ballerina? Like I'm a daughter who's a dance and I don't know anything about I'm a sports mom really at heart, I played college sports, and as an outsider to this dance world, I'm like, wait, what like the things that people say to dancers about their weight, and then you think about how much worse it would be if you were a she I believe was a very good ballerina, like I think she danced in New York and the pressure of like your body, That, to me, is a much more effective conversation. That's a conversation starter and could be really healing to a lot of the women. That frame is the majority of the audience. That, to me is a much more effective and powerful conversation than this esophagus story is like bullshit, And you know you're the one who pushed food around your plate, Like I don't feel like that's what we should be doing in the year twenty twenty three, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: No, no, I cannot agree more with that.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely intrigue with what a Marie has going on outside of buddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like who is she? Yeah? Like, what's her story?
Speaker 5: I want to see They're they're positioning her to be belittling to a woman about her eating issues without providing the audience opportunity to get to know her.
Speaker 3: Don't you think that's kind of setting her up for disaster?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is why I'm lying, because the audience is going to be that yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like like she talked about how she was an athlete, she's married to an athlete. I want to know her personal story. I don't like how they kind of just like threw her into a dinner scene either. I would have like like something where I learned more about her before she just shows up to a party. But I feel like that's a lot of housewives now, Like New York we saw that too. It's like and then they're together, and I don't know, maybe I'm old school that way, like I need a little.
Speaker 3: I need a little bit of appetizer before the dinner.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna say something to you because obviously I produce shows and create them too. A new season one of my shows were filming it long story shure, we're adding someone new to the cast and the first time she filmed with us. It was a big explosive argument she had with a cast member, like huge, it was major and the whole time, I said, this can't be how people meet her for the first time. Yeah, you can't meet her at a group event and she's arguing with a fellow cast member.
Speaker 1: That can't be it.
Speaker 2: I said, we have to show who she is at home first. You have to like rest in her world and know who she is and feel like, oh, I know you. So when you see them argue like Okay, now I really know you. But that can be the first time you meet them, because you're gonna be like what You're either thirsty, you're trying too hard, and it doesn't connect to the audience.
Speaker 1: So you're absolutely right about that.
Speaker 2: If we would have met Kyle going over Amory's house, I'm having a dinner party.
Speaker 1: I would love you to.
Speaker 2: Come cut to like a package of a Marie with her husband and the kids, seeing her world. Then when she gets there being nosy, You're like, yeah, that's who she is, and I'm now I know.
Speaker 1: Her at least. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But overall, I enjoyed these past two episodes, So Beverly Hills, I'll say this once, I'll say it again, Alex Baskin, please.
Speaker 1: Hire Kate Casey as a producer or a consultant. I know. That's why I'm saying it publicly, So Alex.
Speaker 4: Ai, they do a great job higher Kate.
Speaker 1: You know, I just I am.
Speaker 4: A big fan of production because I think the audience really rips on them when they don't like something. But I just this is a team of people who work. They're fans of the show too, and they work really really hard. They are embedded in people's homes and lives and they get to know the cast very well. And I think they're all doing the best they can to do really great storytelling. And yeah, sometimes people miss things, but you know, it's a really tough, tough job, and I just like great storytelling.
Speaker 2: Now listen, Belly Hills is number one for a reason and it's the best. But I still want them to hire you because I want them to I.
Speaker 1: Want the women to go deeper. And I think it takes a moment.
Speaker 2: Like you, who is a housewife to say no, Sister, I actually relate to you, and like, I know, I know what's going on, and I'm telling you what I want to see because I'm your audience.
Speaker 3: By the way, that's why I'm like, why am I not on Watch What Happens Live?
Speaker 1: Ask me.
Speaker 4: I'm a real housewife. I got five kids at home. I got a husband that works all the time. Like I'm in the thick of it, Like I can give you a perspective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm telling you. That's why I've listened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, Thank you for thank you for.
Speaker 2: A producer credit at least consulting something. Okay, thank you, well, Kate, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Thank you once again. We always have a good time together.
Speaker 2: Please let the rain drops know where they can find you following support you although they already know you.
Speaker 1: Boo.
Speaker 4: Well, the podcast is Reality of Life with Kay Casey, and you have to listen to Saturday's episode with Carlos because.
Speaker 3: You know him and you love him.
Speaker 4: I really think that you're going to just be so touched by his story. And if you don't cry about the story about when his father found out that he was out of the closet, you don't have a heartbeat. It's a great story. And also I think that your listeners will love my must watch list, which comes out every Monday. You sign up for it at Katecasey dot substack dot com. Every Monday, in your inbox, you're going to get a list of what to watch this week, and I'm going to give you things that are from different networks and different genres sports, Like for example, this week you got to watch Coach Prime on Amazon Prime about Dion Sanders. It's such a great show if you love sports. You should also watch Murder in Boston, which is a true crime docuseries three parts about a man who killed his pregnant wife in Boston and he lied about who did it and it caused all this this aftermath of racial relations. And also there's like a good cult doc on right now called Love His wand about this Banana's woman named Amy Carlson who became what she called Mother God and she's You're gonna die. She believed that she was getting messages from the intergalactic Federation of Light and that included Robin Williams, and that they were sending messages to her, and all of the members of the cult moved to be with her, and they would drink colloidal silver so her like skin turned purple. And so when she died because she went into organ failure, they wrapped her dead body in a sleeping bag in Christmas lights and covered her with glitter and they made a shrine to her. I'm not kidding you.
Speaker 3: This is on HBO Max.
Speaker 1: So this is why you need to.
Speaker 4: Sign up, because I'm going to tell you things that you need to watch, and you can get archive list, you can go back two months ago.
Speaker 1: What I didn't know about this at all.
Speaker 4: So I and I really do bring people together. I'm not kidding, Like, I'll get dms like I could not watch anything with my spouse or my sister like, and I'll give you stuff to watch.
Speaker 1: So do that.
Speaker 4: Facebook group Reality Life the kksey, Patreon for bonus episodes, and then Instagram, Kkcca, TikTok, It's KKC and Twitter at KKC.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: New episodes dropped every Tuesday, Share, comment, follow and subscribe to Reality with the King Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and yes baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals baby, my expressions. Yes, and don't forget tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me Carlos King
Speaker 1: Kingdom Reign Entertainment, Baby