Speaker 1: What's that a bed? It's spooky and joky. I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, I'm ghosted, I gas nandas Pllease hey boo, it's me Ros and welcome to Ghosted by Ros Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal. Holy how Moe Collins is on the show, and I'm sorry, but this is one of the best episodes we have had in the history of this show. I mean, just incredible. First of all, Mocollins is an idol of mine. I grew up watching her on Mad TV. She is just such a spectacular comedy actor, just comedian in general, so funny, so fun And turns out she lived in a haunted house. Yeah, well, actually she lives in a house that was haunted and is no longer haunted. Okay, so that means we're gonna get the full story. It's a good one. It's a good one. I'm excited for you to hear it. Also, I want you to come see me live. I'm touring all over this country that I live in called America. Go to Rozhernandez tour dot com to get your tickets to see me doing stand up comedy in primarily gay established Schmientz and uh, We're going to have a good time and I would love to see you there. Okay, here is my conversation with Mo Collins on with the show Mo Collins High.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm like, I've already told you this bike at very starstruck around you mad TV people. Oh wow, you people raised me.
Speaker 2: You all say that my first were supposed to be in bed, weren't you.
Speaker 1: It was on the weekends.
Speaker 2: Still a lot of you stayed up, you know, late.
Speaker 1: And it stayed with us. And I really do think that people in comedy that are millennial age, it's like so much comes like we learned so much from you?
Speaker 2: What did you? What could you possibly have learned from us?
Speaker 1: So much?
Speaker 2: I think about it, I'm like, what did what did we actually teach you?
Speaker 1: You taught us. I mean there's a lot of characters from that people have done over the years that we were just like, oh, I don't even remember. There's so many that each of you did that were original characters agreed that are so memorable. Yeah, yeah, my first guest that I've ever so I've done this Peca since twenty eighteen, and Deborah Wilson was my first guest ever.
Speaker 2: Yes, and wow, she.
Speaker 1: Is one of these people that's just got the best stories. She has so many ghost stories and just she was such an incredible guest. And then I'm talking to you and You're like, I have so many ghost stories. I don't even know if we'd have time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, this is.
Speaker 1: The best thing I can hear to make my childhood idols even better. They come with ghost stories.
Speaker 2: Let's pull out my trauma.
Speaker 1: Is the traumatic ghost stories? Fun ghost stories. Wait, listen, it can be that's all part of it. You never know. Yeah, we talk about it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got stories. Okay I do.
Speaker 1: Did you grow up believing in ghosts or no?
Speaker 2: Okay, not particularly No. I mean I was an easily scared child, and honestly I'm still an easily scared person, you know, But ghosts, I don't know. I don't know that I actually believed in them beyond you know, beyond just sort of like ooh, it's a ghost. You know, like kids just are like, what was that? Oh it's a ghost? Is a ghost?
Speaker 1: It's like, but also, no, did you ever do ouiji boards or anything like that or Bloody Mary.
Speaker 2: Probably, yeah, And I know I was terrified, like anytime any of that stuff, I did get scared. Look, I was raised, you know, Catholic. Yeah, so there's just that whole the mystery of life itself is terrifying, could be terrifying, and just there's just sort of yeah, the mystique of things would scare me, even within Catholicism, you know, and how violent like Jesus on across and through town like that stuff. Really, you know it really it was appalling to me and terrifying to me.
Speaker 1: That's a horror story. It's a horror that we were just taught because I grew up Catholic too, and it was just like, yeah, this is just like a story and it's like a great thing. It's wonderful.
Speaker 2: We talk about the nails through his hands and feet, it's so more we're just gonna gloss over that and put our hands together and pray for him like that was that's horrific. Yeah, And as children were seeing these things, and it's just you know, it's our first foray into horror.
Speaker 1: Because I was always into the fucked up stuff, Like I've just liked that and and I'm realizing now that my parents. I'm very grateful for it because I watched mad TV and stuff as a kid, but like, they probably could have paid attention a little bit more to the stuff I was watching, because I would watch like like the Exorcist and like.
Speaker 2: Oh this movie, God, I couldn't. We had The Exorcist in a bookshelf, on our bookshelf at home.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: And I'm telling you just the cover alone. Do you remember the cover of it?
Speaker 1: Yah, It's just like a face or something.
Speaker 2: It's not even anything. Yeah, it's the suggestion of something that in the Amityville Horror. We had that in the bookshelf too, just those little glimpses of things. I didn't have to read the book. I wouldn't read the book. It my imagination. I was so easily terrorized.
Speaker 1: When I was a k the movie stick Mada came out. Do you remember that movie?
Speaker 2: I don't. I didn't watch any of anything scary.
Speaker 1: This was Patricia our Cat Oh, I love her. Probably in the early two thousands or something, and that movie was about do you know about the stigmata? It's like this Catholic thing. Yeah, okay, yes, the holes in your hands start appearing like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm just yeah, I've got a stigmata.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've got the holes in my hands.
Speaker 2: I accidentally put a screwdriver through my hands one night, one time, carving wood in my backyard as a kid, I had a stigma.
Speaker 1: So you were the stigma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, had it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I hid it from my mother because she did. I passed out in the backyard and she was on the telephone and she could see me. But when I came to im like, don't let her know anything happened. But I had literally just I still have the scar. I stabbed myself.
Speaker 1: And you never got it fixed.
Speaker 2: No. I wasn't going to tell my mom because I would have gotten in trouble for playing with the shoe driver.
Speaker 1: That could have been really sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, oh I got off a leg, but can't let mom know, you know, get in trouble.
Speaker 1: Just bleed out.
Speaker 2: Just so much fear surrounding my life.
Speaker 1: Well that's catholic, really, yeah, absolutely, So when did you first encounter something that was like ghosty or unexplainable.
Speaker 2: So I've been in this house for twenty five years, the one you're in now. I am okay, I am still there. This happened a while ago. Well, actually there were there were events things that were happening in the house prior to the big event, which I'll get to.
Speaker 1: I love that foreshadowy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's like there are things that I kind of I could pass off as just weird nothing's you know, things like my cat going after a certain spot up above my bed all the time. There were numerous events of you know, lights just light bulbs just going out even though they're like a new light bulb. Pass it off as electric. All these things my son talked about somebody in his closet, you know, he was little. I passed it off, and until there was a point, a couple of years into living there, that a woman showed up at the door and she was crying, and she says, I used to live here. I lived here with my grandma and grandpa. She was raised by them. And she points over to this corner in the living room and goes, he died right over there. And I was like, oh, interesting. You know, but what was implied in this visit from her her bedroom was where my son's bedroom was. Then she implied that there was bad things that happened. Okay, you know, and she described him and it was the same description as what my son had said, which I you know, I didn't like it, but again I just didn't. I passed it off as nothing really, Yeah, just weird, right, just something weird cut to Oh, and there's other things like the TV just going berserk. Like one time I thought the TV was going to electrocute me as I tried to turn it off because it was like doing this weird sparking thing and I'm like, this is just crazy. I'm just gonna unplug it. And I had it was so sparking so bad. I told my little son get out of the room because I didn't want him to see me get like electrocuting.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 2: But uh, then got to two thousand and seven when I was court ordered to sell the house in a divorce, and it's a very emotional time obviously for somebody. So my emotions are crazy, and I you know, some would say that the house was feeling that too, And so there was a It was the day before the house was going to go on the market, and prior to that going on the market, there were a bunch of updates that needed to be done on the house.
Speaker 1: That's how you wake up ghosts. That's what people said. You start renovating, the ghosts come out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. So even like, there's a friend who was doing some work in a bathroom and this light bulb just kept He had to leave it because it just kept sparking and doing crazy stuff, again passing it off as electric. Another person said they saw some people in a mirror. I just took it out as he had a history of cocaine.
Speaker 1: This was somebody.
Speaker 2: When somebody that was helping me get the house ready, Oh wow, a friend. And so it's the day before. My emotions are running high because I did not want to sell the house. I wanted to stay in the house with my son.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it was the night before and we had finished all of the work that needed to be done. It was going to go on the market open house the next day. And I'm out in the backyard and another goddamn bulb, an external bulb, just flashed and went out. And I was pissed because I was like, oh, I started yelling at it. Whatever it was. I'm like, oh yeah, real big big whoop ooh another light bulb. You you got me the old light bulb and Then I walked back into the back door into the kitchen, and another light bulb goes out. I keep walking another one and the other end of the kitchen goes out poof into the dining room. That bulb goes out poof into the living room, and that fucking bull went out. Oh, and I was terrified. I was terrified, but still passed it off. No, I'm like, this is weird and fuck you whatever. If this is not these are just light bulbs. I'll replace these light bulbs. Then a friend was over a little bit later, showing them the house, how it looks great for the open house, and I'd walk them out the front door out into the yard where lad it's a good friend. We're laughing our butts off, having a good time, and it's dark and I walk back into the living room. Oh, I don't even like to think about it. I walk back into the living room and two feet in comes a sound that literally turned my world inside out. It was, if I'm gonna try and describe the sound, it was as if somebody opened up like and oar ship the big steel doors. It flipped me inside and out, and not like I was in a good mood on the phone, laughing with another friend, having a good time, and that happened, and I went running out of the house because it scared me so bad, and it also made my cat run and it was right next to me, this sound. And so then I'm out in the yard, completely shook and trying to explain to my friend what I had just heard and what just happened. And he on my behalf called a person who clears homes, and I went to the Starbucks and just waited for that person because there was no way I was going back into that house. That's good, Like, that's the extreme of it is. There's no way I'm going back in that house. I'm done being in that house. Whatever that was does not want me there. It is not friendly. It like just I was inside out out. I should also say that for ten months, my son, after his father had left the house, stayed in my bed with me. He was, you know, young, he was ten, and because he was too scared in his room, so he was at his dad's that weekend and I'd go into the house. Now with this medium or whatever, I don't even know what their title would be. She was going to use bear medicine. Bear spiritual, whatever's to.
Speaker 1: Rid, whatever works.
Speaker 2: Whatever works, man, whatever works. But I did not want to go it. So she starts, she goes into you know, my son's bedroom and starts talking about the old man, the person that used to live here, that died in the house.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So she starts talking about she clears the room with whatever she does, and then she goes and she starts pointing out all these places that over the years there had been these things. Behind the TV. She goes into the bathroom where my friend couldn't get the light bulb. She goes, that's the portal. She she you know, just I had not given her any information. This is her walking and cold to my house. She goes to all these places where all of these things had happened, and she's pointed out this there and she's like, this is not a happy entity and there's more than one and we're gonna get rid of I'm like, great, because I got an open house tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That's not a good look if you're trying to sell the house. There's a portal exactly.
Speaker 2: So she she did all these clearing things, and she she also says to me, she's like, if you hear a KerPlunk in the pool. Don't worry about it, Yeah, because that's where she was sending them.
Speaker 1: Into the pool. Yeah, she was drowning.
Speaker 2: I'm so crazy. Yes, it all just sounds crazy on this podcast even care you know. I just but I didn't want to go back in. But I also did not stay there.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 2: I stayed at a friend's house then that weekend. But the real estate agent, I was like, do I have to be there for the open house? I mean, can you are you able to just sort of like go in and do all that? And they're like, yeah, no problem. So I went to a movie in the afternoon with a friend of mine, and I came out of the movie and there's all these voice messages from the real estate agent. Yeah yeah, couldn't couldn't stop the water from running out of the faucets, including after she turned the water power, the whole water thing off, the water main, just the water. Yeah, so she had to cancel the open house. I know, I know, I know, this is so good. Yeah. And then I'm on the phone with them kind of explaining, well, okay, so I had this person over last night that cleared the house because there's been some stuff uh huh. And he's like, okay, well, let me go try some because some lights we're doing some stuff too. And he goes, let me just go shut off the lights and we'll just shut it down. No open house. And I'm like okay, and I'm still on the phone with them, and he shuts off the lights and then he's going out and the light just popped back on and he started screaming. He's like, that just turned it off. That's just came back on. I am out of here. I am out here. Yeah. So according to the medicine woman, it could take a couple of days for them to dunk themselves in the goddamn pool. How absurd is all of this. It's just absurd. And I then gathered from some other people. I got holy water, I got crystals. Yes, because here's the thing. My son had been staying at his dad's all weekend, but he was going to be coming home after school on Monday. So I have to act normal, right, I have to be back in that house God. So I stayed there Sunday night alone, and I did all the holy water stuff. I did the crystals. I called on the holy spirit. Oh, my old friends, you bet I did, you bet your goddamn bottom dollar. I'm calling on the Holy Spirit to protect me in this house.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: And I woke up and everything felt great. I pick up my son from school and he goes into his room and he says, I, like my room, I'm going to staying in here now? What what? He had no idea what had just happened. His spirit works, but the dude, his room was okay to him all of a sudden, after all of this, after the clearing, everything felt okay, and he slept in there from that night on.
Speaker 1: Did you hear a plunk?
Speaker 2: He wasn't around here, goddamn kurpplunk. I wasn't going to go swimming with the ghosts. I wasn't gonna like, can I get anybody a towel?
Speaker 1: You know, I would have never gone in that pool.
Speaker 2: Whatever. Sorry, thanks for staying at the You know, no, I didn't but my house after that, especially because everything was like cleaned up for the open house, it was absolutely people would come into like the energy in here is really good. Wow. People that had no idea.
Speaker 1: I and that was it never came back. No, and so you you said you still are there now I'm still there.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, yeah, like we cleared it. Like if that was you know, Bernie was his name, if that was Bernie sticking around after he died in the front window, and whoever else he invited into party, Yeah, you know, they were gone. Whoa. I mean, I don't I don't have any other recourse here but to believe what happened because I was there and what was happening was truly inexplicable, you know. But I was definitely a skeptic prior, like just I could say, oh, that's an electrical issue, or you know, just that's the cats just kind of likes that spot on the wall. But that was also one of the spots that the medium said, oh right here. I'm like, oh my god, Like for years the cat had been going at that spot.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a few questions, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you.
Speaker 1: Do you think that it ramps up because of like the renovation or do you think that you were leaving and he he didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that. I think it was probably a combination of things, you know, in looking back, like my energy was off the charts, chaos, heartbreak, you know, just so many things. My attachment to that house, I mean, as look, I've been there twenty five years now. I was very attached to that house. Then I didn't want to leave. The courts were making me leave. I ended up refinancing a horrible way, and I'm you know, I'll be paying off that house forever. But I'm divorced from him. So that worked. But my emotions were crazy, and I don't know if that was a poltergeist scenario.
Speaker 1: Is that what those are you know saying like you were the one?
Speaker 2: Could I have been some conduit of I mean, I do believe in energy, right, yeah, Like I absolutely believe in energy. Energy is science, and so I don't know was my energy doing something that was mixing with whatever energies were there?
Speaker 1: Very well could be, you know, And so you never had to have a tune up from the lady. It was just in all these years, there's never even been like.
Speaker 2: A little no, there's been nothing that's incredible.
Speaker 1: So, now that your son is older, does he do you talk about this moment.
Speaker 2: We have we have as you know, in the years that followed, you know, he was made aware of what happened, you know, and it's pretty wild to him.
Speaker 1: But he's like, yeah, there was a man in my bedroom.
Speaker 2: And I feel terrible that I didn't totally, I don't know, help him out with that. I probably could have done better there. Do you know where a.
Speaker 1: Kids say that there is a ghost? Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: So I think I was doing what most just sort of normal parents will do. It's like, oh, it's okay, come here, let's read a book. You know, let's look, there's nothing in there. Right, you do all the stuff that a parent does. But you know, there was a man in a suit sitting there, you know, so fuck me for missing that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Now, I reach out to all kinds of people that I like to come on here, and most of the time these people it's like pulling teeth trying to get anything out of that. This is good, I know, Collin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's it's a weird thing to tell. And you know, I have that thing that people worry that people will think you're crazy. Of course when I do say it, I'm not crazy. These things happened. Take from it what you will. But everything was great after that.
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: Like the house totally changed its energy. I'm not even kidding. Yeah, it really did. I believe I was no longer afraid in there for one thing, like after that's like.
Speaker 1: A type of cleaning. It's a cleansing thing, you know, and if you clean a place real nice and clean, it's gonna feel better in a lot of different way. There's multiple ways to do that.
Speaker 2: I think, well, I've I've since then, you know, because there was something to it that I just can't say didn't work. So periodically, you know, I will clean the house with sage. I'll do that. You know, I'll go through with sort of trying to remove bad energy that we created just through you know, bitch and a moan and whatever. It is just life, and you're like, let's clear the air here a little bit. Let's just see if that helps. So I will go through and I will clear the house. And I've had friends who had issues at their home that they're wondering if it was a ghost or some situation, and I said, you want help, and I've gone I know one friend, it worked. We just saged it. We just did you know, clear intentions. Wow for the home.
Speaker 1: Because now you're like a person that's been through it and you I mean, you got out on the other side and now you can I mean, this is a success story because you're still living there and you, I mean, you're the one paying for the house. You should be able to stay there, not some dead creep.
Speaker 2: I mean, at this point, what I kind of delight in is that I'm going to be the ghost. I really do. Yeah, I really do. That kind of excites me.
Speaker 1: You earned your place.
Speaker 2: I'm so embedded in that homely, I am so embedded in every every square foot of it. Yes, my, you know, I'm an emotional person. My energy is.
Speaker 4: Thick in that house, just thick. And I'm like, man, when I am gone, someday, it's gonna be me. Yes, even if I don't die there.
Speaker 1: When you moved in, was there any mention of anything of this sort?
Speaker 2: Now, No, interesting No, But that granddaughter showing up she really enlightened. And she even said that there was an event that they had when she was there with the grandma, who is also the wife of the dead guy. They ended up calling the police one night because their deceased husband, Grandpa, was knocking on the They were hiding in the master bedroom and he was knocking and wouldn't leave him alone to the point where they called the police. So she had said that Bernie was active when they were there.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So she had shown up at the house to kind of exercise her demon's like, you know, just this random woman showing up and needed to kind of clear some shit in her brain. So she came back to the source of trauma.
Speaker 1: Was she like, oh my god, are you oh Collins?
Speaker 2: No, So I put on my Doreen wig and got right to it. Let me show you around the house. What would you like to see? First of room where you were traumatized.
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed. Okay, do you have other stories? Trust me, you gave me enough, but I'm just curious if there's anything else while I have you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean there was a years ago in my twenties, there was I called it the love ghost. When I first got with my ex husband. There were these two coats that were hung together in the closet and we came back one night in the arm of his coat was around my coat somewhere. I still have a picture of it.
Speaker 1: That's kind of cute.
Speaker 2: And no matter how much we tried to re reenact that to make it do that, it wouldn't. So we just kind of we just kind of liked that, you know. We were like new loves and it was just sort of like, oh, our energy has is affecting the space and there's a love ghost here. How sweet? Right, Like just kind of just kind of fun. But I still have a picture of it somewhere.
Speaker 1: That's something I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might have been. Who knows, hadn't.
Speaker 1: It been to like a psychic like other than that cleansing.
Speaker 2: No, I really have Well, I mean there was one at a party once, but yeah, yeah, but I didn't hear anything or think anything that flipped my wig.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: What do you think about haunted dolls? This idea that.
Speaker 2: There's that they can be Yeah, well, I think it goes beyond I think it can go beyond dolls. What do you mean items?
Speaker 1: Oh, just anything, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just because of that energy. Sure, I feel like and you know you've seen stories.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, oh yeah, that's my liberatit. Doll. He's not haunted, Okay.
Speaker 2: Uh, I feel like there could be. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna say that it can't happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, dolls, of course.
Speaker 2: You know, because they're creepy to begin with, you know, the face and everything. It puts a face on a ghost.
Speaker 1: Right, And that's the question. It's like, is that why you hear about these haunted dolls? You know? There's is it because they look like humans a little bit?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Would you come back as a doll? Or what do you think you choose?
Speaker 1: Oh? I wouldn't come back as a doll.
Speaker 2: What would you what would you put yourself into?
Speaker 1: I mean I would want to be in like a dressing room, Like I love a dressing room, like a backstage like a theater or something, so just be like.
Speaker 2: A curtain in there or something.
Speaker 1: Well, I would like to just be me. But see, and that's the question. It's like, do you go inside of the doll and then you live like toy story all the time?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or are you just like around it and you just move it, or like you're just kind of outside of it and you're just like touching it And.
Speaker 2: Well that'd be cool?
Speaker 1: Like is that what it is?
Speaker 2: I would I kind of prefer I would like that. Yeah, And that see that's that energy thing that I can't deny that it couldn't happen, you know, because I also do believe that when we leave here, we go somewhere, and that is the soul and the soul returns to something greater. That's my belief. Anyway, I astral projected one time.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, let's hear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before I knew the term, before I had any idea, it was a thing.
Speaker 1: I want to try that so bad.
Speaker 2: And here's the story. And it's kind of fun. Okay. I was, let's see twenty one at the time, and I was I was dating somebody who was thirty five, and we're we're making love. Okay, okay, all right, I'm salacious.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: And all of a sudden, I'm up in the corner of the room like a spec like I'm looking down at him on top of me.
Speaker 1: He must have been good.
Speaker 2: I thought I died. I panicked. I'm up in the corner, and I mean I full on felt panic that I was dead. Yeah, and this is too soon.
Speaker 1: And could you look at you? I could see me, oh, like my god.
Speaker 2: Picture you know, literally the corner of a room, as if your you know, a little lipstick camera up in the corner of the room looking down at your body. But it was boom, just like boom, I just hit that and I'm staring down at my body. Yeah, and panic, panic, and then boom, I'm back in my body, but I cannot move, and I'm internally screaming, but nothing is being heard, until all of a sudden I was. And then my boyfriend was just grabbing and calming me, and I'm trying to explain I died.
Speaker 1: I died.
Speaker 2: I died. Oh my god, I died.
Speaker 1: I died.
Speaker 2: I died.
Speaker 1: I'm so scared.
Speaker 2: I died. And it got talking about it and he explained something called astral projection to me, and it floored me. My soul left my body.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: And he said there was a few seconds where I wasn't there, that my body was not participating. I'm quite a lover, hell of the lover.
Speaker 1: But don't you think that that is like something that he could brag about for a long time? Yeah, but you know, I can make you leave your body.
Speaker 2: People. Do people try to astro project and have been successful by altering their breathing? Oh, I've learned all this afterwards. Yes, But so I thought, Okay, so my breathing must have been so relaxed that I went to I literally went to an out of body place, so physically, so physically, so went to an out of body place. But it had an eye, right, Like it had an eye it could see and that was that was my soul. That it all. It sounded, just everything felt the same as what we kind of feel and here inside of ourselves. Yeah, you know, it didn't become like heavenly or something. It was me.
Speaker 1: But it's like, is that what a ghost is? You know, like it's like the exact same thing. It's like the ghost of someone that's still living. But or that dad, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's why you know. That experience too has me going, well, I know that we can exist in our soul outside of the body, right, so.
Speaker 1: You could have had a three way with yourself.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, missed opportunity. I could have been just like tickling his ass from above.
Speaker 1: What the hell wasted time?
Speaker 2: Time spent in panic? Damn it? Oh I've got so much to learn.
Speaker 1: Can I show you a haunted doll?
Speaker 2: Yes? Oh, look at I immediately like my vagina just climbed up. I'm not even I'm serious. Like all my fear goes straight there first, like everything does joy fear. It all starts with the clenching and uh, it feels like a kegle.
Speaker 1: Well don't worry. This one's not gonna harm you. It's just on the internet. Oh okay, it's time for the dolls are living. This is a haunted doll on eBay. She's currently for sale and she's a she's a big ticket item. She's currently going for four hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And her name is Lorraine.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'll have a look.
Speaker 1: See can you show us Lorraine please? Jiha you got it?
Speaker 2: Roz. Oh my gosh, that's Lorraine.
Speaker 1: So she's a classic old ghost looking doll. Like she's exactly what.
Speaker 2: She want, Like, how is she haunted? Who she?
Speaker 1: Course? She comes with a story here?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's she's got that cracked face a.
Speaker 2: Little bitbody needs to do her brows.
Speaker 1: She needs her brows done. She could definitely use some type of like facial I don't know, some some deep chemical peel something like that. But it says. Lorraine has a gentle and playful presence, often making herself known through subtle yet captivating activities. She has a particular fondness for motion sensor light balls.
Speaker 2: See the lights, man, they love the lights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's She activates in rhythmic patterns on these lights. That's how they communicate with her. One of Lorraine's most fascinating traits is her ability to appear in reflections. Those who interact with her have reported glimpsing her figure in mirrors or windows.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, exactly, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Or fleeting yet unmistakable apparition of a young girl with an innocent and curious demeanor. Tapping and knocking sounds are frequent, often occurring when she wishes to draw attention or respond to interactions. Yeah, so she's in there. Mediums describe her as a kind and curious spirit who enjoys connecting with people and observing the world around her.
Speaker 2: Well, isn't that sweet?
Speaker 1: So for four hundred dollars, sure she could be yours. Yeah, if you happen to be a very lonely person that wants that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if you're lonely, then Lorae's We're a shot. Loraine is your doll rich, lonely person. I don't even like to look at it because I'm so afraid that I am afraid that she'll come into me and attach to me or something. I fear those things.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can understand why you after what you've been through why you would believe in stuff like the possibility of anything really after what you went through.
Speaker 2: And maybe I just feel like a target. I don't know, because it's like, because I am a I get scared easily. I don't know. So maybe I'm kind of a target.
Speaker 1: If I was a ghost, I would want to haunt you.
Speaker 2: And at the same time, I'm also brave and strong as fuck, right, like I will confront anything. I really do, like I'm so not afraid at the same time, but yeah, I try to avoid situations where something will try and fuck me because on some level I do feel like an easy target or something, or like, oh, she'd be fun to fuck with. Yeah, you know I do.
Speaker 1: I like, no, it's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the fact that you you literally like closed a portal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I didn't, but that woman, she she did. She closed a goddamn portal.
Speaker 1: I mean it took some at you two. I think you should be you should be like any fucking portal wants to I do, like ill, I have a lady with bear medicine and I got some.
Speaker 2: Well I got the bear medicine in me now, so yes, yeah, like it is it's about confronting things, and isn't that just life anyway?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, that's how I feel about ghosts. I'm like, you're not even like attached to a body, like I'm not gonna have They're like Internet trolls to me, Like they're just like you're not so real.
Speaker 2: So perfect? Yes, exactly that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I please some ghost voices? Okay, it's time.
Speaker 2: For ev.
Speaker 1: Or ev plicse Okay, So EVP stands for Electronic voice Phenomenal. I go to the Internet and I find these alleged EVPs and I'll play two of them for you, and I'll give you an ABCD, and we're gonna guess what these people believe their ghost is saying.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: This first one was on TikTok. It was posted by someone named the Supernatural Sleuth, and it says that a man and his wife were at their new house, their first night in this house and this is an Alabama and their cat started acting weird. There's like a lot of parallels to you today. I'm sorry this is weird, but there was a cat in the house that was acting weird, and then they captured this voice. What is it saying? Mo Collins?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Yeah, it's scary. Come here.
Speaker 1: It does sound like it says, come here, come here.
Speaker 2: That's come here. Oh my god, look at the chills. Yeah, oh god, wow, you come here.
Speaker 1: I don't want to scare you scared.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. He's still strong.
Speaker 1: You're still strong. Not forget, you know, but human.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yes, that's creepy, that's you know. And there's hair on my arm. It's going to go up.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: What to do. I'm still alive. That's what it shows me. My ship's still working.
Speaker 1: There you go. And whoever this is, they're not okay. So did they believe it said a la maire you know the fancy face cream?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, b come here? Yeah, c love me, come here?
Speaker 1: Or d light beer?
Speaker 2: It's a kid? Was a kid rocks house?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Open, I think it said come here.
Speaker 1: That is exactly what they believe it said. Oh creepy whisper. Yeah, okay, here's one more. This was also on TikTok. This was posted by someone named m J. Pack And it's at a place that I have actually been called the Lamp Mansion, which is in Saint Louis, Missouri, and it's a very haunted creepy house that you can stay in. Yeah, what is this ghost saying? Okay, this one's harder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is hard.
Speaker 1: This was a little it's like from a distance, let me buy it again.
Speaker 2: I don't know what dinner I thought I heard dinner. I'm going to sard dinner in an hour.
Speaker 1: Yes, very well, could be that. Well, here's some options. Did they think it was a girl, you got a big mouth, I don't hear it. B you don't know why I'm here. C we need to get out of this house. Or D I need to make a return.
Speaker 2: Say number two again, something about.
Speaker 1: You don't know why I'm here.
Speaker 2: I think it's that one. And part of that is because of what you can get out of it, which is the inflection. Yeah, you don't even know why I'm here? Right like, I think you have to listen to inflection and any intent that you kind of hear behind it, And that's that you don't even know I'm here.
Speaker 1: They think it's saying we need you to get out of this house.
Speaker 2: That's too specific, and you would hear more.
Speaker 1: We need wait, no, it's we need to get out of this house. Let me hear it again.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, maybe maybebe we need to get out of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what happened when I went to this house. I go in there and I'm like, I don't like this place at all.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: It was week eight or nine in a row of staying in haunted places.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, because I was doing a TV show, okay.
Speaker 1: And this was the final one, and you didn't like it.
Speaker 2: I hate after all of those other places, you did not feel what you felt in this one.
Speaker 1: No. I well, I was just I think it was a mixture of just being like, I'm so sick of stuffing donuts in my face because I was so terrified for so many weeks, and that was how I was coping.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: So I go up into this house and we go up into this upstairs and they're like, this is the room you're going to stay. And this was such a journey to it. Upt you know, it's an old you gotta walk up the tiny little staircase and then another floor. It's like the third floor in the house or something. Yeah, and I'm like I'm gonna sleep up here all night. No way. I get up there and I'm like, I do not like it in here. I do not like it in here and I started I don't know if it was a ghost or I don't an energy. I don't know what it was, or if I was just so scared and so many whatever I start vomiting. It was really wild.
Speaker 2: That's a big reaction, I know. I mean that's beyond just having a lot of donuts. That's it is, Like, that's a very deep reaction.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was so like, there's no and I think a lot of it had to do with the terrifying fear of like if I had to sleep in this room tonight and I'm supposed to for the next two nights, where am I gonna run if it's it's dark and this is like a creaky old house, third floor. H So I was like what who? I ended up not sleeping in it? Yeah, I got. I puked my way out of it.
Speaker 2: Good. Good for you to remember that next time I don't want to do something, I'm gonna puke my way out of it.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, works like a charm. Let me just do something real quick. Let's do like, uh, I'll throw some stuff at gin in we'll kind of rapid fire. See if anything comes up for you. All right, curses do you believe in curses, Umm.
Speaker 2: Not particularly mm hmm. Beyond like I think you can send bad energy to somebody, but I don't. I don't know about that tossing such very specific curses. Yeah, and I don't.
Speaker 1: What about horoscopes, Uh.
Speaker 2: Not not particularly into them. I think they're fun. I think you can find what you're looking for in them, and you can find what you're not looking for. You can find whatever you go to look there for.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: It it doesn't necessarily I haven't seen any. Let's just say that are just so super specific that you're like, that is sony, but it's you know, you see something that's like you're gonna you're gonna have clarity in the next week, you know, and it's like, oh god, you know I'm already feeling it. I already feel that clar This is so spot on right, it's too Yeah, it's it's fun. It's a it's a party favorite fun thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel pretty similarly.
Speaker 2: Yah.
Speaker 1: But then people will always say, well, you gotta do the birth chart, you gotta find out what time you were born.
Speaker 2: Well how about you do my birth chart for me? And you figure all that shit out and you get me a readout of whatever comes and we'll see Yeah, like I don't I don't have time for that. I get you, but it's on the same token. Nothing more fun than going, oh you're a cancer, I'm a cancer too. Hey. Hey, you know, because we as human being as it's like, we like to find common ground, no matter what it looks like. Oh I I pooped a donut size poop. Oh me too, yay, Like just whatever makes us connect. Yeah, and horoscopes I think do that totally and and we'll buy into it and that's all right, that's fun.
Speaker 1: They give us a reason to talk to each other.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a conversation piece.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What about demons? Do you believe in such a thing? I grown up Catholic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I believe that people can house evil themselves if you want to say, you know, that's a demon, however you want to say it.
Speaker 2: But I do believe that people house evil. Yeah, born with it, figured it out somewhere along their path, experiences upbringing whatever something they're hanging onto that can also turn itself into psychologically in your brain can turn it into a form of a monster. Almost, Yeah, a psychic break of sorts. That happens within you, that's based on whatever your experiences are. And I think that we can form evil in our brains.
Speaker 1: And that's what I wonder sometimes, Like I'm very open about a lot of this stuff, and I don't know, but I wonder sometimes if it's like there's these energies that, yeah, sometimes they're floating inside of someone and then sometimes they're in a doll and then like they just kind of go from thing to host stuff.
Speaker 2: I think, for instance, you know, the one of the entities that was in my home back then was apparently not a friendly she said, but she also said it's not big enough to be harmful physically in the world, you know, but was definitely evil intent, like bad evil intended no goodness, you know, nothing good. And that was that energy. But I don't know that that's any different than say a human being that can also be so intrinsically fucking evil, and god knows we're loaded with it these days, you know. So it's like, I just think that that energy, if you pass, then could possibly remain that energy in that little lipstick soul up there in the corner. Yeah, Like it's energy to me.
Speaker 1: But anytime I hear about like an evil demon like that. I'm like, I could change him. It's never met me. Oh, like he just doesn't know any different. Yeah, he seems like a bad guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, mixed with my good energy and oh we're going to have Yeah, just a real yin yang.
Speaker 1: Did you ever when you were at mad TV? I remember Deborah. I asked Deborah about if the studio was haunted, and I feel like she said there was like one area where she felt some vibes, but not really. I just always want to talk about Mad TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, it's a great thing to talk about.
Speaker 1: Here's this other thing I love to ask people about, like, was there any like deja vu or or coincidences or stuff like that that led to you having that big life change and being on mad TV? And was there any like signs at point, like did you did you look into it like that, because you know, some people very easily could you could go Oh I was supposed to be at this place on that day and then I ended up auditioning and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, actually kind of. Yeah. I was still up in Minneapolis. My son was you know, I had a baby at the time that Mad TV started, and I remember being in the dining room with my child and mad TV came on and I said, I'm late. I'm supposed to be in LA. But I was just a mom in Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So when my son was two is when I moved out to LA and I was doing an original show with a bunch of my my gal pals. And casting person saw it and she started hooking me up with casting directors and such. And within the first year Mad TV audition came up, and it's just the right audition, you know, to happen. I couldn't have gotten into something else. I didn't have the resume for that, you know, to be a mom on a sitcom or something. But my entire background was pretty much sketch sketch, improv character work. So you know, I was assassin ready when that audition showed up, right, It's like, okay, three characters, three impressions, let's fucking go. And I got it. But I remember on the there was six auditions total. On the fifth one, I got let go and I went home and I was like, they made a horrible mistake. I was just bawling, they made a mistake. I'm still supposed to be there, Like I just so so believed that I was supposed to be on that show since since it came on, you know, especially because the women on that show were just really funny. They got to be funny. They were given the space and and I really noted that, you know, even over SNL, I knew the politics were different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I was like, oh god, they love it. And then I got the call for the next you know, for the network test, which was like, thank god, I thought I thought they fucked up. Yeah, and they you know, we're leaving me in the dust. And it's like, m mmmm, that's my show.
Speaker 1: It was meant to be.
Speaker 2: Oh totally totally.
Speaker 1: That's so cool that you're a young mom in Minneapolis and then you came out. Yeah, that's so cool.
Speaker 2: Those are such good days. Like just the dream factory in my brain was so up and running. Hell yeah right, Like the energy was all there, just so forward motion. Everything was just so great. It really was just so great. I loved that time. I was I think thirty two when I got mad, which was older for that, you know, which is crazy, but that was that was older. Like Michael McDonald and I were same agent. It was like we were on the upper end of things.
Speaker 1: This has been truly incredible. These mat TV ladies, I'm telling you, they come in here with their stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there were so many more details I didn't even get into. But yeah, oh my god, it's too long. It's too long. I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: There were one of these days. Please come back on the show if you ever have anything else finding cool, spooky or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is fun. It was I haven't told that in a while, and it was good and great talking to you.
Speaker 1: Do you want to tell people to follow you or watch anything or.
Speaker 2: Follow me if you feel like it. I don't you know. Attendance is not mandatory, as they say. I don't know. Yeah, follow me, come on around, come say I you here?
Speaker 1: Awesome. Well, thank you so much, thank you, thank you so much to Vo Collins. Wow wow, Wow. That one is going to stick with me. We'll be back next week. Make sure you subscribe to the show and tell everyone you know about it. I'll talk to you soon. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Came back. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast, I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, so email me at Ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghost by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at Roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac, Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the chilling Karen Kilgariff, the spooky Georgia hart Stark, and the frightening Danielle Kramer. Listen to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: MHM