Speaker 1: This podcast is part of the seventy six ers podcast network, presented by Stern and Cohen Law.
Speaker 2: Search seventy six ers Insiders wherever you get your podcasts. Joelle Embiid, welcome back.
Speaker 1: You and I I feel have done this a million times now, but something new is that you're married, So congratulations. I know a lot of your teammates were there. What did it mean to have them there with you for your big day?
Speaker 3: It was good to celebrate such a you know, great day. You know, the people I care about, so all s thankful that the care You've.
Speaker 1: Had some epic battles with Nick Nurse in the past, a very colorful history.
Speaker 2: What's it going to be like to team up with him?
Speaker 3: It's all be fun. I think he has a great mind, you know, offensively and defensively. So I'm looking forward to, you know, be coach and you know, just learn as much as possible, you know, and not just not for me, for all the other guys.
Speaker 1: So when I think about you too, I think about Kawhi's shot. I also think about your shot eliminating him from the playoffs. What are your sort of like flash bold memories when you think about the years you've shared on the floor with him.
Speaker 3: He's been good battles, you know, back and forth, you know, sometimes cussing to try to out you know, and is uh, you know, crazy tactics against me over the years. So it's good to have him on our side. I think he's gonna do a great job. I think he has a chip on the shoulder and just like we do it too. So you know, we just got to go out there and you know, just trying to get better of a single day and beauty towards winning a championship.
Speaker 1: Speaking of memories, it's been about six months since you won your first MVP. When you think about that day that you found out and gathering with all your teammates in that room, what are the little moments that you're going to remember about winning your first MVP.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I haven't thought about it all summer, you know, just for some reason. Is it was great at the time, it was amazing, you know, but you know, losing has been on my mind the whole summer about you know, just being over Like I say, you know, my family was on the phone, Uh, my teammates were that the whole organization was that I thought it was great.
Speaker 2: What part of the movie are we in going into this season.
Speaker 3: I think, uh, still building towards, you know, trying to accomplish the whole thing. You know, you know steps, you get that it's not easy, but you know, just for the city, for the fans. At some point, I know it's gonna happen. She need you know, you know, all of us, you know, we you know, you just need a little bit of luck as far as you know, just getting healthy, staying healthy. Uh, and you know, just playing our best basketball starting with me. So you know, I intend to do that, you know whatever, whatever percentage I am. You know, one thing I'm always gonna do is play hard and compete.
Speaker 1: You've always had a special affinity for Ti Maxie. I know you guys got to work out together this summer. What was that experience?
Speaker 3: Like, it was good. I'm glad, you know Fus, I'm glad he started walking out with Drew. I think he's gonna find a lot of success just you know, by doing that. So I was like I was, I was more excited about that about his stuff that he can learn based on the East trackbacker who's walked with then who is developed I think you know, Tom res My learned you know a thing or two, so that that was the most exciting part for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, rapid fire.
Speaker 1: If you could trade closets with a teammate for for the whole season, but you have to wear their clothes, whose closet are you taking?
Speaker 3: Nobody?
Speaker 1: If you had to let someone babysit for Arthur, if you had to let someone cook you a three course meal, who would it be?
Speaker 3: On the team? My teammates? Yeah, I don't know, no one.
Speaker 1: If you had to have a roommate all season on the road, who would it be? Tari's If you guys hit, If the apocalypse hit and you guys are all wandering around on your own, who would survive the longest?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: If you had five hours to have any superpowers that you wanted, who would solve the most crimes?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 2: Who would make the best NFL quarterback?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 2: Who's the best trash talker?
Speaker 3: By Bad Beth?
Speaker 1: If someone was going to have the most success outside of basketball, who would it be?
Speaker 3: I'm in as of shoe guys, one of the bandy Tobas. Think I have a pretty good track record. I'm in all of us. I think you know we I'm on the team with a bunch of you know, a small.
Speaker 2: People, excited to see you guys play together this year. Thank you, Joel, thank you.
Speaker 3: He