Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and show Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Gatty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Remember, as part of this deal there is this economic leverage on the Iranian regime. They're not going to get the sanctions relief that they so desperately want and need if the United States doesn't get everything they want out of these detailed negotiations.
Speaker 4: So that's tree Yinks of Fox, who's got a completely different take on what the deal that was struck with Iran is than CNN and MSNBC have. And I don't understand how any of them have the details since the details aren't out. But is talking about this earlier. I don't have a take on this Trump announcer's deal. The war is over, we have a deal, but.
Speaker 2: The details haven't been released.
Speaker 4: So I don't have an opinion whether it's a good deal or not because I don't know what the details are. But as I was bouncing around the cable channels yesterday running errands endless commentary on CNN, m of MSNBC and CNN, the lefty channels of how awful this deal is how Trump got taken for a ride. Iran comes out of this better than they started, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Fox was the opposite. We got what we wanted.
Speaker 4: Iran really, you know, forced into a situation they didn't want, et cetera. And I don't know how anybody is coming to any of these conclusions based on the fact that the details are still out.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: That's Trey saying that Iran won't get what they want until what we get what we want. I hope that's true, but that's not out yet. As far as I knows. He's got some sources nobody knows about anyway. So let's let Tray lay it out here and then we can talk about it.
Speaker 3: When we look at this agreement, the Iridians didn't get what they wanted. They wanted you US forces to leave the Middle East completely and abandon all bases in the region, and that's not going to happen. As part of this deal. We know that US forces are going to remain at the fifth Fleet location in Bahrain for the US Navy, also the alluded base outside of the Katari capital of Doha. There are thousands of US forces there, and so even if there is an eventual drawdown of the US military in the Middle East, there will still be thousands of forces here prepared if the President has to use military action in the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, the problem with that is the guy who makes that decision is not willing to do it, I don't think, and gets less willing every day that goes by. So while that's true that Iran wanted US to pull all our forces out, they can probably live with the forces being there because Trump's not willing to do it.
Speaker 2: Correct, what if I'm wrong?
Speaker 5: Since this is not a deal and it's not a peace agreement, it's a framework for negotiating on agreement over the next sixty days. So in what way is this not just another ceasefire but with a unalleged framework to negotiate, which is fine. If it works, it'll be great.
Speaker 4: So I was taking all this in in real time yesterday because I was running around doing stuff and listening to your news channels, and they announced Trump has just posted the truth. Social gentlemen, start your motors. The strait is open for shipping once again. And so that was the conversation on all the cable news channels for twenty minutes. The Strait is now open, so it's just a matter of minutes or hours. Now, nobody exactly knows how this works, but the strait is open, and the ships well, the way we'll start flowing.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. Twenty minutes later.
Speaker 4: He puts out a different truth social post saying the Strait will be open this Friday. So as soon as we signed the deal, this Straight is open, not even referencing the fact that he had twenty minutes earlier.
Speaker 2: The Strait is now open.
Speaker 5: And one more twist, Trump had said the deal meant the Straight would be permanently toll free. That's a quote, but Iran's Foreign Ministry immediately suggested today that Iran could charge fees in exchange for the services that are provided that shifts transmitting the Strait.
Speaker 4: That gets to Lindsey Graham's complaint. Senator Lindsay Grahm that I'm troubled by the fact that Iran is.
Speaker 2: Saying different things than we're saying. Yes, let me RecA the whole of fees.
Speaker 5: It's navigation fees and we're not charging a toll, but we're going to help you not to hit a mind. So you got to pay us up and be a shame of something happened to that nice tanker of yours.
Speaker 2: It's tolls.
Speaker 4: Well, if they get to do that or start doing that and nobody stops them, then that's a huge loss because you know, that argument really holds water. The strait was opened before the war started, so opening it is not exactly a win.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: And then if it's not open in the same way and they're charging tolls, that's it's definitely a step backwards.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: This is what Mark Alpern wrote in his newsletter today with all his sources. That leads to the central question hanging over everything. The administration says economical relief will come only after Iran destroys a timely enriched uranium, renounces any pursuit of nuclear weapons, and submits to meaningful verification.
Speaker 2: We get all that stuff. I think it's a clear win.
Speaker 4: If that sequence holds, Trump will be able to argue that he extracted major concessions before offering major rewards. But if money starts flowing earlier through sanctions, relief, access to frozen assets, or even direct payments, the politics and the substance of the agreement look very different.
Speaker 2: The cliche is true. Here the devil is.
Speaker 4: Always in the details, and at this moment, the most important detail is also the simplest one.
Speaker 2: Who gives up what first?
Speaker 4: Nobody knows, So I don't know how anybody is commenting on whether this is a good deal or not.
Speaker 5: Who gets what first? That is the question. It's not a minor point either. Yes, if it's the answer is the right one, then you start to think, yeah, right, we might be able to strong arm them and agree in what we need to have them agree to. But if it's not, then this whole thing is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Jd Vance on Iran. This is today.
Speaker 4: We're hearing from both the reigning hardliners and political leaders that the past forty seven years of hostility with the United States have been a mistake and it's time to turn a new page.
Speaker 2: Does Joe Getti believe that? I don't.
Speaker 4: I do not believe that. I don't even believe they're saying it. And if they say it, it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't necessarily mean they mean it.
Speaker 4: I don't even believe that. I don't even believe that the Republican guard is saying this. The I think the game that the Trump crowd has been playing all along through this as they listened. Because there's lots of different voices coming out of Iran. They listened to the voices that they that they want to listen to, and ignore the ones they don't want to listen to, regardless of who actually holds the power at any point.
Speaker 5: I wonder, I wonder from the Saturday Wall Street Journal, the Iranian enforcer driving Tehran's hard bargaining with the US. The pugilistic new paramilitary commander is seen as a power broker, asserting control over negotiations even as the two sides appear near a deal. This guy, Ahmad Vahidi had overruled the moderates, who said, hey, let's call off the dogs, let's not fire missiles at Israel, all right, And he's like, the hell, we're not more moderate voices one to hold off, But Vhiti won the argument, persuading Around's top security council to back the strikes and setting off the first exchange of fire between Iran and Israel since ceasefire on April eighth. And that was just a couple of days ago. And he seems to be the alpha dog this point.
Speaker 2: So do you think this Bahiti dude?
Speaker 4: Said the Port passed forty seven years of hostility with the United States had been a mistake.
Speaker 2: On absolutely not no, no, well, I think what he his opinion seems to matter to me.
Speaker 5: He has been sanctioned by the US for helping oversee a crackdown on protests over women's rights in twenty twenty two. So he headed up the beating, jailing, and raping of the women who dared show their hair. He's wanted by inter poll for a deadly attack on Jews in Argentina, which was when was that two? The year two thousand and seven, I'm sorry, that's when he was issued to the arrest warrant.
Speaker 2: Back in nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 5: He headed up the bombing of a Jewish community center in Buenos Aires that killed eighty five and injured hundreds more. Heads up the Republican This guy is is hard. He is a brute and a monster as No, No, I don't believe that for a second.
Speaker 2: I don't know I wanted to say that.
Speaker 5: So why did jd Vance say that? I think you explained God, I can't even say. It's hard to get these words to come out of my mouth. I think you nailed it. They believe who they want to believe and what they want to believe.
Speaker 2: And hope that those people emerge as the leaders. And Trump is trusting his gut or what. I don't know. I really don't. For now, there is only one next step.
Speaker 4: Mark Alpern writes Friday's signing ceremony could prove historic, or it could prove merely ceremonial, or.
Speaker 2: It might not happen at all.
Speaker 5: I would bet money it doesn't happen. I'll challenge you to a ten dollars bet. You didn't take me up on that. You put more money where your mouth is. Ten dollars right, son, ten dollars cash on the barrelid Alex Hamilton, green money us Hamilton, give me pasos or anything?
Speaker 2: Is he? I think he is.
Speaker 4: Kids and I were talking about the other day with inflation and everything like that, why isn't the fifty becoming a bigger thing? Why isn't the fifty like is prevalent his twenties since it's what a twenty dollar bill was in the nineties.
Speaker 2: All I wont know why that is? Nobody uses cash at all or not much? I don't know.
Speaker 4: And I was explaining to now my kids, how you just never saw a hundred dollars bill when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: Oh, we were watching I know what it was.
Speaker 4: We were watching a movie and I am No Country for old Men, which was set in nineteen eighty. And they're regularly given a hundred dollar bills to various people to make get them to do things like here, keep your mouth shut. Here's one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: And I was explaining to my kid's house that was a lot of money.
Speaker 4: I didn't actually go to the inflation calculator, but I might have been like a thousand dollars in nineteen eighty. It has been a lot compared to now. You see hundred bill dollar bills now, well, you see signs at convenience stores won't take a hundred dollar bills. There was no chance anybody was going to the convenience store. What one hundred dollar bill when I was a kid. But I just wonder why fifties haven't become a thing and ones are practically worthless.
Speaker 2: They're going to become the penny.
Speaker 5: Soon, gallon of milk, loaf of bread, and I don't know what else there a pair of work gloves. You spend one hundred dollars these days thanks Biden easily. Yeah, yeah, I will have to wait and see. So I've got I want to make this clear. I am betting ten dollars that they will have the signing ceremony on Friday, not because I believe it, but because it's more fun if we take opposite sides. I've got to admit, I especially hearing about this Vahiti bloke, but I'm not optimistic about this at all.
Speaker 4: The thing that's going to blow it up I think most likely is Hesibal and a rant and Israel getting into it again.
Speaker 5: Right Trump should I'm glad you brought that up, and wish you hadn't in a way. Trump has got to make that a separate issue. No, that has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Totally different Isrel's problem. But he was tough on net Yahoo over the weekend. Not Yah, who is really good to deal tough to deal with. I can't remember precisely what he said, but implying that Netanya, who's really standing in the way of me getting this master deal with Iran?
Speaker 2: He said, Netanya who has no effing judgment. Wow. Yeah, I would not buy stock.
Speaker 5: I would not wade into this IPO the peace with Iran IPO.
Speaker 4: I wonder if that Yahu has said to Trump or or any of the other presidents that he's ignored. Look, everything you talk about is theoretical. We actually have rockets raining down on our capital city. It's not theoretical for us at all.
Speaker 5: We're surrounded by people who want to slaughter us today by noon if they can do it. So helping you get your deal with Iran that's probably not worth the paper it's working on written on now.
Speaker 2: We're not going to go too far. Boy.
Speaker 4: I saw a good thing on Twitter last night. Somebody had put together about all the various land squabbles around the world, whether it's China to bet or Turkey and Cyprus all the and that college kids don't get worked up about at oil yep? Is it because it's the Jews?
Speaker 2: I mean, how else do you explain it?
Speaker 4: No Jews, no news interestings. Try more in the way stay here.
Speaker 6: A seven year old in Pennsylvania recently said a Guinness World record after putting on.
Speaker 3: Fifty sweaters because his dad made it very clear what would happen if he touched the thermostaff.
Speaker 4: What wow, white house versus anthropic We should get into that at some point. We haven't talked AI at all today. We will a little bit later.
Speaker 5: Your viral video of the day, which I haven't seen all of and don't really want to. We're talking about how furners are coming to America for the World Cup and loving it and having a wonderful time because in spite of some of the bad stuff that goes on in this country, it's mostly an amazing, beautiful, enormous place and they're enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Wealthy. Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you are enjoying the pleasures of Brazil, perhaps you should refrain from bungee jumping until you watch a couple other folks go first. The video that was you kicking around last night and on the news. You'll probably see it whether you want it or not. Here's some twenty one year old gal visiting the sow Polo area and she jokingly wrote some on Instagram who was the crazy person who let me jump off a bridge? Well, the video is of the three guys with her up above their head saying one, two, three, and you can't help but notice there's no effing rope tied to her. They just heaved her to her death. The rope is coiled on the ground. The bungee, which is really one of the fundamental parts of bungee jumping, lay.
Speaker 2: There on the well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you can. Hey, no helmet, that's fine, let's leave the helmet off. But by God, attached that bungee.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't you I mean, it's not on her, it's on them. But wouldn't you notice if they didn't attach the bungee to you?
Speaker 5: The wedding filming could then be heard shouting, guys the rope, pointing to the crucial safety device laying on the ground.
Speaker 4: I think I would be really aware of the connection mechanism of the bungee to whatever harness I'm wearing or whatever.
Speaker 5: And yeah, and here are the standards of Brazilian bungee jumping. Six people have been interested following the incident, including three people at the scene of the jump too. The suspects tried to flee, but were ultimately tracked down by a helicopter in the wooded area, according to military police.
Speaker 4: So, I've never seen a bungee jumping where they pick you up and throw you. So they throw her off the bridge, Uh yeah, essentially, Yeah, like in a diving posture.
Speaker 2: Uh huh yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, America's overregulated, over you know, we desperately need tort reform, et cetera. There's a sweet spot somewhere between our thing and their thing.
Speaker 2: Something between.
Speaker 4: Kids can't play outside if it rained the day before because they might slip on the grass and tossing people.
Speaker 2: Off bridges without touching the bungee cord.
Speaker 5: Bo I'm glad I got into the bungee jumping in industry. Wait a minute, say that again. The bungee jumping industry slaps forehead the bungee right, damn it?
Speaker 2: How bad do those guys feel?
Speaker 5: Her fiance was watching it all transpire to holy crap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't he notice him not attack Rope? I don't know where he was. He might have been, I don't know where he was. Ask him, Oh my god. Yeah, that's a bad day. Anyway, more to come, totally different topic. Trust me, that's enough.
Speaker 6: Of that, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: Sixty three people arrested, four stabbings, one shooting, and a bus burnt to a crisp in New York City after the Knicks won the NBA Finals on Saturday night.
Speaker 2: So that's that's just reasonable.
Speaker 4: You get to destroy people and stab people and do all kinds of crazy stuff. If your team wins a championship. For whatever reason, we decided as a culture that that was okay.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 4: If you punished people strong enough, people would catch on that you can't do that.
Speaker 5: But so you reject my argument, and I'm not in favor of it. I'm just saying the law enforcement presence and action big enough to deal with that many people going nuts be like a war, and cities just think will absorb the loss.
Speaker 4: At this point, since you've allowed it to grow and grow year after year for decades. If you started from if you started from scratch, would anybody think our team won, So you get to burn down this building or this boss or whatever the hell?
Speaker 2: No, nobody would have anyway.
Speaker 4: By the way, I wanted to hit NBA fans with this. If you're thinking the key to fixing your bad team is get the number one pick. Jalen Brunson, who's one of the most impressive players I've seen in decades. The star of the New York Knicks, was the thirty third pick in the second round of the NBA Draft.
Speaker 2: Wow, and he is a stud. He is really he is quite the leader.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 5: I want to get back into the whole question of people who are acting like Elon Musk being on paper a trillionaire is somehow take away from them or a bad thing. I mean, the left the politicians are going crazy over that.
Speaker 2: Maybe a little bit later on.
Speaker 5: Oh and speaking of Elon and the big IPO and SpaceX, we've got a business expert who are going to talk to help explain, you know, what happened, how it went, what it means, and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Next hour.
Speaker 5: Speaking of the corporate world, it's interesting the never ending discussion of remote work and where it's going in the wake of COVID is continuing. There have been a number of big splashy company announcements that they were requiring employee excuse me, to spend more time in the office, home depot, Target, Microsoft three, m Intel more recently. But across the broader economy, evidence suggests that the return to the office is stalled out. From May to May last May to this May, the percentage of folks working, or the percentage of pay to full days worked from home, went from twenty seven percent oh two years ago to twenty six percent this year, so in two years, last two years, it's only moved by a percent. Before the pandemic, it was about seven percent for a while.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were talking earlier about I was trying to remember the phrase bare minimum mondays that came out of the pandemic. It was a rejection of hustle culture that have been forced on us, forced upon us by evil capitalists. It was forced upon us by uh reality, That's what's forced it upon us. The fact that if you hustle, you will get ahead and have a better life, and have a better life and beat out the people that want the higher paying job, et.
Speaker 2: Cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 5: Right, and when you're young and energetic, you apply that energy to improving your life. So when you're old and slow and apathetic, hello, you'll have a decent life.
Speaker 4: I saw the couple different articles over the weekend about the federal government and Thropic once again, and Thropic the AI company coming to a point of friction, and I don't quite understand everything that's going on there, but it is. It is a new world we're entering into where these AI companies are going to have powers that the government doesn't have. Right, and the government.
Speaker 2: Needs and the companies don't have to play ball.
Speaker 5: And recently they have tools that the government really doesn't want other governments to have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's complicated, but it reminds me. I had a conversation over the weekend with a guy who is a college teacher, and he was he was happy to be done grade in finals and all kinds of different stuff like that. He was talking one about how quickly people's abilities atrophy once you start using AI.
Speaker 2: And you had this story a week or so ago, and he said he sees it. He has seen it in his.
Speaker 4: Classrooms over just the last couple of years, people's ability to write just disappearing. He said, first of all, everybody cheats with AI, everybody, and it's just like it's the biggest problem they've got going is trying to figure out how to test people and what they've learned since they're all using AI. And in some classes you can there are ways to, you know, do the schoolwork in the classrooms so you can watch them, but in some things it's just not practical. And he said the tools are not good to detect AI use. And my point was they're never going to be I mean, whatever, whatever AI can create, AI can create something to obscure that creation.
Speaker 2: I think it's right. It's gonna be a never ending battle.
Speaker 5: The metaphor may not be perfect, but your intellectual muscles are like muscles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was his atrophy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his point is just like not going to the gym, And I'm more worried about that than the whole The cheating thing is an interesting thing, and I don't know how you're ever gonna get a kid to write a turn paper ever.
Speaker 5: Again, I got to tell them they're just cheating themselves, Jack, that's number one.
Speaker 4: The exact point to them, or are they which was one of this college professor's points that the people that understand how to use AI to write are the people. I mean, that's the future. So maybe that is what they should be learning. He doesn't know. I mean, that's what's gonna happen. Why would you hand write a proposal for your work anymore? If AI can do a better job, what you don't get extra points for that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Or create a PowerPoint presentation or whatever. I don't know.
Speaker 4: So it's all very very confusing. But the most interesting part of to me was the atrophying part that he has seen it in students and in himself that he feels like his ability to do a math in a variety of things at the high level that he does have atrophied since AI has come along. I found that really troubling, and I related it to my driving thing that I always use an example.
Speaker 2: It's to the.
Speaker 4: Point because I got a self driving cyber truck with really good technology. I get in one of my vehicles without self driving, and it's like, oh my god, it just seems so a chore to have to pay attention. Yeah, and it's just my ability to do that is atrophied that quickly.
Speaker 5: And our generation is experiencing this differently than the youngster's coming up, as we often discuss, because you know, I've used AI to help with a couple of different projects, and I feel a sense of shame. Yeah that I told it, Hey, build me a log cabin. I tell you what, give me a backpa on that? Yeah, that's nice? And how about the move the chimney over there?
Speaker 2: Great? Okay? And then it builds it.
Speaker 5: Then do I get the same satisfaction as a guy who built a log cabin in the woods?
Speaker 2: No, not even close.
Speaker 5: And I feel lazy and like I've cheated somebody or something interesting.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: This is all weird. Humans are doomed. I wouldn't worry about it, though, so you know, speaking of co I can't resist. I wasn't gonna do this, but I can't resist. I was going to talk about how the Pentagon is really working hard to develop and start programs where defense contractors produce much less expensive armaments than we're currently using now, and it's going pretty well in the early days. It's a huge priority. So more on that to come in a little bit. But the thing I couldn't resist is a tale of a college professor.
Speaker 2: After a word from her friend's rough Greens.
Speaker 5: You probably remember the day you're puppy, or maybe it was an adoption to rescue. Your dog came home for the first time, and they're so energetic and half nuts, and then they slow down bit by bit. You'd sure love to have them keep that energy and happiness longer, wouldn't Your rough Greens could help you go.
Speaker 2: Down that road.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to get to the why not try it because it doesn't cost you anything in just a second, But dog food is dead food stripped of live nutrition. Roughgreens has got all kinds of live stuff in their probiotics, enzymes and mega oils, over twenty vitamins and minerals. It's America's number one dog supplement. It's all natural, made in the USA, and you can try it for nothing.
Speaker 2: So why not get a free Jumpstart trial today.
Speaker 5: You just cover the shipping so a rough Greens supports digestion, energy, overall health from the inside out, so your dog has a longer, happier life. All natural, made in the USA. Again, get you free Jumpstart trial bag for your dog today, just pay for the shipping. Go to Roughgreens dot com. Use that discount code Armstrong are uffgreens dot com discount code Armstrong. Rough Greens makes any dog food better, So you remember zorn Mumdani endorsed this democratic socialist check in a New York City congressional primary. Her educational background is it's something She's actually a professor. She teaches impressionable young people. She co created a dei crazed college course that advocated for abolishing schools which it accused of fuelling genocide. Of course, white supremacy, of course, and settler colonialism, among other ills.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 5: She claims that American expansion, mobility, and citizenship could not be divorced from the violence of dispossession, enslavement, and genocide, and that the right to movement and citizenship movement could only maintain legitimacy by denying human dignity of black and indigenous people.
Speaker 2: So she was teaching at the City University.
Speaker 5: Of New York, Ah. She's a grad student. The syllabus for the class she created, Black Diasporic Visions, reads like a satire of extreme left academia. The syllabus in this course, we consider these constructions which are often despite within and at the intersections of instance, you know, you could stop right then, you really anybody with the nouns and verbs coming up that are almost it doesn't matter because you already know what you're dealing with.
Speaker 4: So James Lindsay says that they do that to be obscure on purpose.
Speaker 2: Is that what's going on there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so impenetrable. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Do they just have to sit there and take it right? Yeah? And I'll finish the sentence this time. The syllabus says, for Black Diasporic visions. In this course, we consider these constructions, which are often despite within and at the intersections of institutions and systems that impact education, the prison, industrial complex, food justice, public planning, preservation, legal personhood, and climate change.
Speaker 2: Oh you thought you.
Speaker 5: Thought you were going to get away without climate change being mentioned, didn't you?
Speaker 2: Well take it sent here and take it so.
Speaker 4: I like the way I can skim this sort of stuff and know if I'm about to, you know, if it's something I don't want to be involved with or read about or be next to.
Speaker 2: Some terms like food justice, that's all I need to hear. Okay, I'm out on food justice. What the hell now? Jack?
Speaker 5: If you hung in there in the class In the week thirteen segment titled Resistance all caps Chevalier, this is the name of the woman we're discussing. She was a discustant for the research paper are We Ready for School Abolition? Thoughts and Practices of Radical Imaginary in Education?
Speaker 2: And I read that verbatim. She was a discustant.
Speaker 4: So we want to perhaps do away with public education and rebuild it from the ground up.
Speaker 2: Why does she want to do it? Well?
Speaker 5: The paper that they're going to discuss by the Marxist University of Illinois, Chicago, professor David Stovall calls for abolishing traditional schooling altogether and argues that schools are quote parallel to prisons, an unfalsifiable claim, because what the hell does that mean? And we'll get to there and our part and parcel of the larger projects of settler colonialism and white supremacy racism and helped to justify the genocidal practices of the nation State.
Speaker 2: School in its current form seeks.
Speaker 5: To impose the assumed beliefs and cultural values of white Western European Protestant, heterosexual, able bodied, cisgendered males as the normative standards.
Speaker 2: I feel like I could get.
Speaker 4: An A in one of those classes. Oh yeah, with little effort. I know exactly what they want me to do.
Speaker 2: M this is wan.
Speaker 4: I belong to them there, gobbledegook. Yeah, I'm old and a buddy of mine. He had a teacher at when we're in college, at like this, like comp two or something like that.
Speaker 2: He had to write a paper.
Speaker 4: All he did is every time he came across a pronoun like he, he would say he or she, And the teacher loved that so much. He got an a just because he would always say he or she didn't matter what the content was of the writing, just playing that whole game.
Speaker 5: Finally, one of the resources mentioned in these syllabus, the Inner Hoe Uprising podcast, offers different episodes sectors that unpack problematic childhood songs.
Speaker 2: Animals Do Be Gay.
Speaker 5: A sector where hosts discuss queerness and gender and other animal species, and current political social issues that impact reproductive health, black women, non binary gender variant in queer folks, problematicmals do Be Gay.
Speaker 2: Problematic childhood songs.
Speaker 4: I knew Ring around the Rosie was all about settler colonialism.
Speaker 5: I knew Rosie was being oppressed by the white supremacists.
Speaker 6: All right, stay here, play am fascists.
Speaker 8: Let me put you straight.
Speaker 5: When you come for the rest of us, we'll fight you at the gate.
Speaker 2: And you will lose you.
Speaker 6: Fascist Blue.
Speaker 5: The Great and Ancient Bette Midler warbling Whatity Guthrie's classic all You Fascists from back when they were singing about actual fascists Jack. That was part of the Gaylass Star Studied Concert for the First Amendment held over the weekend in New York City. According to AI, it was a star studied ninety minute rally musical event.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the stars.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm pro First Amendment. Also, I'm just confusing too. It was essentially anti Trump, which we'll get to. Here's some of the stars with which it was studied. Bette Midler, Patty Smith, find songwriter, Rufus Wainwright, find songwriter, all very going to the ancient side here though, Julia Roberts, Lily Gladstone and Joy Read, among others. Anybody a star studied? Indeed sixty please eighty because if that music wasn't bad enough, here's more.
Speaker 8: I can't love a country that takes healthcare away.
Speaker 2: From me thirty first, Michael, damn it. Why do we have a plan If.
Speaker 5: You're not, I'm sorry, I've had too much coffee.
Speaker 6: No line is getting left behind this time. No line is getting.
Speaker 2: Not the goods time.
Speaker 6: No one's got it.
Speaker 2: That's enough. Not only was there, I want to get on board. Who's being left behind by what?
Speaker 5: Those who are left behind have are behind and have been left What do you not get? In addition to the fabulous music, there were stirring speeches like Young totally relevant, Robert de Niro, I can't.
Speaker 8: Love a country that takes healthcare away from millions of people and uses.
Speaker 2: That money to enrich their pals. In the Trump.
Speaker 8: Epstein class, I want to love my country again. I want my country back.
Speaker 5: Are you going to give Young and Hip Jack. I'm sure your boys have a poster of her up on the wall. It's Jane Fonda in the.
Speaker 2: Face of what's happening.
Speaker 1: We need our industry to be unified, activated, and unwilling to engage in anticipatory obedience.
Speaker 2: Did she say anticipatory obedience? Yes, still got the end.
Speaker 1: We stand together in defense of our right to free expression. They come for one of us, by God, they come for all of us.
Speaker 2: For yall.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, Jane, I guess I should have looked into what the threat of this is. I don't understand what they're fighting, Jane Fonda, whose heyday was when I was still in diapers. Music has long been a tool to stand up to authoritarianism, said the young miss Fonda. And I am what's why are you flitting around like that? Your website sucks? Oh my god, it's a terrible website. All right, here we go, reader view.
Speaker 5: Music has long been a tool to stand up to authoritarianism and I am honored to spend the evening with these fiercely committed, talented, and brilliant people to celebrate our First Amendment rights. Just don't criticize the COVID lockdown, or vaccinations or anything like that, because we'll take them the hell right away. As we continue to watch bad faith leaders take more and more power, it's critical that we gather together, raise our voices, collectively, sing poorly, I added that part and stand united against this administration, have some fun while doing it.
Speaker 4: I get it's antri Trump, but I'm interested that the First Amendment is the point of.
Speaker 2: Rum shutting down free speech. Fool, What do you not get where when?
Speaker 4: Okay, I missed something, Armstrong and getty