Speaker 1: I'm a homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't lie about that? Right, la Hey, y'all, what's up.
Speaker 1: It's Lauren de Rosa and this is the latest with Lauren de Rosa. This is your daily dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news, and all of the conversations that shake the room. Now today the room has been shook. It Okay, Curtis fifty cent Jackson pulled up and did not come to play. We have not yet seen the full documentary, but Sean colmbs The Reckoning, which is an exclusive documentary. It's a four part docuseries that will err on Netflix exclusively, and we've talked about here on the podcast. Please go check out the prior episode with Me and Miss More Money, formerly of Love and Hip Hop, where we talk about just the New York pettiness of this all and you know how it affects everybody involved, the families the alleged victim, like everybody right. But that is airing on Netflix in twenty four hours, and Good Morning America has previewed some of the exclusive scenes or footage that they've been saying, like, okay, we have this exclusive footage never before seen. Baby, Good Morning America gave us a glimpse in so let's take a listen and a watch to some of this footage.
Speaker 3: This morning, never before seen footage of Sean Diddy Combs in the days leading up to his arrest in New York last September.
Speaker 4: You will put stuff on my family, Black James.
Speaker 3: The exclusive video obtained by Netflix shows Combs debating with his lawyers about strategy.
Speaker 4: Listen to me, I'm gonna get off the phone right now, and i am gonna let you professionals look at the situation and come back to me with a solution. No matter what nobody said. Let's just here and there. Y'all are not working together.
Speaker 3: The right way. We're losing. The footage is part of a new highly anticipated docu series by director Alex Stapleton and rapper and executive producer Curtis Fittyson Jackson, titled Sean Combs The Reckoning. Was there anything that surprised you when you were watching?
Speaker 5: I think it was surprised that he actually filmed it. It was very interesting to watch a man who's known for his brand presence. You know, he has a really amazing knack for marketing and all of that, and how he was sort of taking that into account and how he was coming off to the public.
Speaker 1: So we talked a lot about, you know, a lot of this on the Breakfast Club during the latest What Lona Rosa, But you know, here on the podcast, I wanted to kind of focus on some other things. So two things that instantly, you know, just took over my mind when I saw this interview. When I saw these clips. Number one, my first thought was, this is going to mess up this man's appeal. You guys know that Diddy is currently f fort Dix here in New Jersey. He is you know, supposed to be doing fifty months, which is like two years and some months, hoping that he can or he's hoping that he can even if the uppial doesn't work, that they are like programs and different things that he's doing and' kind of get him out in a little bit of you know, earlier time.
Speaker 2: But what he's.
Speaker 1: Really hoping is is that he is either pardoned by President Trump, and we've heard rumbling's around that, but nothing confirmed or that.
Speaker 2: This appeal works.
Speaker 1: Now, his team said almost a month ago now, so this appeal was coming in the next few weeks that they are looking.
Speaker 2: To appeal his conviction.
Speaker 1: Did he was convicted of two counts of the man at which are prostitution charges and being in the courtroom. And I've mentioned and talked to you guys through this a lot. Please go, you know, back and take a listen at all of our Diddy trial covers. We were there, We were in the courtroom, we were on the street, we were in the thick of it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The main thing that I took away from trial and away from the judge was that they really felt as though as a human.
Speaker 2: Being, did he just wasn't a good person?
Speaker 1: And because he wasn't a good person, you know, And I'm gonna say allegedly, but like you know, from what I took away from court, I felt as if the judge felt like did he morally wasn't a good person? Right, allegedly, And on top of that, coupled with all of his resources and his power and his money and basically there being no real checks and balances, it could lead to him, you know, allegedly being able to continue the cycle of things. Well, I gotta even say allegedly, because when it comes to the prostitution, he was convicted of that, so it could lead to him being or continuing to be this person who was convicted of these two acts of prostitution, but even bigger than that, not even bigger than that. But in addition to that, a judge although did he was not charged with anything directly related to that Cassie CNN twenty sixteen. You know that Cassie CNN video that was released recently, but it was from a twenty sixteen beating of Cassie in a hotel in LA The judge made it very clear that you know, watching that video, but seeing what Diddy did in public as his public fixture who denied things and you know, said that you know, he was rehabilitating himself and working on himself, and then went on to get into it with a Jane Doe who also testified that was one of his former girlfriends, and physically get into it with her, and there was you know, you know, all these substances involved.
Speaker 2: And all the things.
Speaker 1: Right, the footage that if as advertised, right, so if this Netflix documentary is as advertised, and we are going to see footage from those last few weeks before Diddy was going to be you know, turning himself into the FEDS. I think character wise, the fact that Diddy can't control what we might see for since that he did call with his attorneys or I know, they mentioned the hand sanitizer and stuff like that and tried to make it where like, you know, he's not as much of a man of the people as he seems, and everything has been about Diddy and for the people and for the culture. And it's like he really from what they're alleging, based on the way that this angle of this interview is set up, it's like he almost feels like, you know, he's above, and that has been the conversation with the legal system in Diddy. It's like you you are not greater then, and because there has been this, you know, height of fame and uncontrolled everything, substance abuse and you know, all of these things that you've been able to do uncontrollably, you need to sit down and we need to control this for a bit. If these videos show anything like that, and I doubt based on the relationship between Fifty and Diddy, I highly doubt he gonna hold back.
Speaker 2: Any of that if it's there.
Speaker 1: Morally, I just don't know how a judge could could be made aware of this, and I'm sure the government is watching to use it as they fight the appeal and not feel like, oh no, we're not about to do this cycle again.
Speaker 2: Sit down.
Speaker 1: And that was a question that I asked did his team today when I watch this, And what they told me is legally it can't stop anything. Like, of course, legally he's still going to be able to appeal and all of the things. But judges are human. So whether or not there's like a moral or an emotional pull on him by whatever he sees in his video, you just don't know. And I will tell y'all from sitting in that courtroom the day that did he was sentenced. Prior to the sentencing, the day that Diddy was found not guilty in the RICO but guilty on the Mann Act charges but denied a bond. This judge does not think that Diddy number one can be in control of hisself.
Speaker 2: Number two. He thinks that morally did he needs to reset restart.
Speaker 1: It's already leaning a little bit towards these clips showing that right like him kind of caring about his image more than anything else, and that leans into like this whole like monster that was the narrative that was created following the cast video, which the judge leaned on a lot and allowed the jury to do so as well.
Speaker 2: So there was also the audio.
Speaker 1: In this documentary where fifty Cent talks about like people making this like a personal.
Speaker 2: Thing, right, and Diddy's team is leaning heavily on.
Speaker 1: That, Like Diddy's team is like, look of all the things Netflix could do, like this is not journalism because y'all went and got somebody who did. He team alleged obviously has this malice and this hate towards Diddy to work on the documentary. So they say, we've confirmed that Netflix used footage that was never authorized for release because from what I've been told this, this video that was shot was shot by a video photographer, like a videographer photographer who was hired by Diddy's main videographer photographer. But Diddy's team is really not sure if all of the documentation and paperwork that Diddy's videographer and photographer was under covers this person, Like they just they don't know, but they didn't authorize anything to be used. But I did hear that, you know, Diddy was in his own Netflix situation. Netflix conversation with Netflix and the CEO over there, but once they wouldn't give him create a control, he moved on and then now fifty cent has this documentary. I have yet to hear back from Netflix on this, but I have reached out. They say, you know, the footage was created for an entirely different purpose under an arrangement that was never completed, and no rights were ever transferred to Netflix. A payment dispute between outside parties does not create PERMISSI Netflix for Netflix to use unlicensed private material. Because from what I'm told, there was a payment dispute between the videographer, photographer and Diddy. This guy whoever it is that sold this footage or whatever he did to get the footage to fifty.
Speaker 2: Cent, because I don't know for sure if it was sold.
Speaker 1: I don't know what their licensing agreement was, but whatever it was that they did, I know that this guy wasn't paid by Diddy, and he should have been. From what I understand, none of this footage came from mister Combs or his team, and its inclusion raises serious questions about how it was obtained and why Netflix chose to use it. They also go on they alleged that Netflix is only heightening the court issue by giving creative control on this production to Curtige fifty cent Jackson. They alleged fifty cent is a long time public adversary who has mocked mister Colnbs for decades, posting fabricated accusations and publicly and publicly celebrated his legal challenges.
Speaker 2: Even mister Jackson has admitted he was shopped. Sean Ever filmed some of.
Speaker 1: These moments and Ever firm back to this moment right here when fifty says this, and we're going to input that when he said I'm shocked.
Speaker 2: He even recorded it for those that are editing, which underscores.
Speaker 1: The footage is being exploited for entertainment rather than present with fairness or context. Now that's what they're alleged, But I'll be fair here that like, if you can get some exclusive footage from that week, those few days whatever before Diddy was going to be locked up, anybody, even if you were a random journalist at an outlet wherever, you're going to run that, it's a gold mine, to be honest. I don't know how I fell in fifty since lat but it is a gold mine. I don't think that that shows biased. I think it's just good footage to have for something like this, which of course they're not celebrating that.
Speaker 2: Diddy seam is obviously pissed about that.
Speaker 1: Beyond the legal concerns, mister COLMBS views Netflix decisions as they allege, it's a personal breach of trust. He has long respected Ted Sarando's who is a CEO at Netflix, admired the legacy of Clarence Ava and maintained a positive personal relationship with the company's leader. For Netflix to hand this story to someone who is publicly attacked and for decades feels to mister Calms like an unnecessary and deeply personal at front. He expected fairness at minimum from the people he considered colleagues. Now keep in mind, y'all, Like I told you, I was told that Diddy had his own situation that was in conversation at Netflix. Again, I don't know how far it got, but I do know that there was something happening there. Diddy seem continues and the alleged that Netflix recent pattern of prioritizing sensational content over accuracy. But they do say that they're legal team plan to you know, formally reach out to Netflix about this to have a conversation, but they haven't confirmed nothing legally like officially like no season desists, no lawsuit or anything like that.
Speaker 2: And you know they've done that in the past.
Speaker 1: I don't think that ain't no of that matters, to be honest with y'all, because at midnight we're all going to watch the documentary. It's gonna be everywhere by tomorrow morning. So it's like Diddy's team can do all of this, but like it's done, Like it's fifty cent has pulled it off. It's it's literally done. The documentary goes live tonight at twelve pm or twelve am Eastern Standard time.
Speaker 2: I will be tuned in. We'll be backward conversation here about it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just there's several reasons why this documentary was like, oh my god, but there's been so many Diddy documentaries at this point. But I think that footage I'm trying to tell y'all, man, I just that footage that's gonna be the thing, Like that is going to be the it thing that can make or break kind of how Diddy is able to move forward from this documentary or not.
Speaker 2: I mean he'll move forward at some point.
Speaker 1: But like, and I'm be honest with y'all, I don't think that the government really believes that did he has a strong appeal anyway, because when his team acts for the appeal conversation to be expedited, they didn't even oppose, Like they didn't even fight that. They're like, okay, cool, we can get it out the way. I really don't think that they believe he has a strong argument. Just in everything I watched in court, I don't think a judge will grant Diddy in a pill, especially not that same judge that he saw, you know, his whole trial. But we'll just have to see. Man, fifty cent is not somebody you want to have as one of your enemies. I'll tell you that. Want you guys to take a look at the documentary. Let me know how you feel. I'm Laura la Rosa everywhere on social getting the streets and in the tweets. Okay, I've posted this statement to my Instagram, into the bron Gar Grinda Instagram.
Speaker 2: Get in the comments. I want to know how y'all feel about this.
Speaker 1: I see people saying fifty cent has this crazy obsession with Diddy, why what.
Speaker 2: Is going on?
Speaker 1: I see people saying, you know, it's fair game, anybody else will produce it and put out.
Speaker 2: Other people were asking a question.
Speaker 1: I'm asking like, legally, I want to know what they included and what they didn't because legally, like, there's so much to vet here.
Speaker 2: There have been so many claims.
Speaker 1: With the situation, there's so much to vet, what's real, what's not.
Speaker 2: I just want to know.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, y'all could be anywhere with anybody talking about all these things, but y'all choose to be right here with me, my low Riders.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, guys. I'll see you in my MI next episode.