Speaker 1: If you're a longtime fan of our second dates on this show, and you might remember we did one from Halloween about a year and a half ago with a woman dressed as Barbie who met a guy dressed as Ken. We have been asking for an update for a long time from them, and now we finally have it. Yeah, we're gonna find out after you hear the original. We have got him back for a very special update update that's coming up right after this.
Speaker 2: Second date update date. We've got a returning listener to the show.
Speaker 1: His name is Jeremy, and you may remember he was on a second date a while back that we called order in the court because Jeremy and his date were both in the true crime So for their outing together, they went to a courthouse and sat in on a live trial.
Speaker 3: Which was not as exciting as they had helped.
Speaker 1: Well, what Jeremy's date didn't know is that he's actually been there before multiple times and showed her all the different courtrooms that he's been in facing previous criminal charges. Yeah, but to be fair, he was never convicted of any of them, and he's a totally reformed man now learned his lesson to never ever wind up back there, and now he's back once again on our show.
Speaker 2: Jare Bear. Good to have you back on again.
Speaker 4: How you been I've been.
Speaker 3: Well you've been a free man, right, Jeremy, sure.
Speaker 5: Sure, free man? Yeah once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this time you did not go to the courthouse again. Where'd you take her out?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: I didn't take out anyone.
Speaker 6: I met someone at at like a Barbie themed Halloween party. It was cool, like everyone was dressed as someone from the Barbie universe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I went athlete Ken, okay, okay, and I knew there'd be a lot of Kens, but there was like literally thirty Kens there.
Speaker 8: Well, it's not like everyone's gonna dress as Alan okay. Yeah, that would be a hard costume to get through a doorway for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the party's pretty cool.
Speaker 7: They got pink everything, pink punch, pink eminem They have a pink corvette and they parked it outside, so pink pictures.
Speaker 8: That is is this like friends that are throwing this is that?
Speaker 3: How you know these people?
Speaker 7: I was invited by a mutual friend, but I'd never met this girl before. So they had this like Barbie box, like a fake one.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, where you can take all the pictures in.
Speaker 2: Cool the movie theaters.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 7: So there's this girl, her name is Jackie, and she was dressed as Sleepover Barbie.
Speaker 5: So she's in like silk pajamas.
Speaker 3: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 7: So I just I don't know her at all. She's inside the Barbie box and then she shouted like, hey, I need a Ken to come take a picture with me. So like I just jumped in and we did like this photo shoot and then we started hitting it off. You know, it's pretty close for her. We're dancing and because of all the pink punch, you know, got a little sloppy.
Speaker 4: But okay, really just just make it out a little bit, you know. Wow.
Speaker 8: I mean a Barbie party is prime for that, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought Barbie doesn't kiss Ken.
Speaker 3: Barbie does whatever Barbie wants and if she wants.
Speaker 5: To kissies, w.
Speaker 2: Barbie's world, Barbie's.
Speaker 3: Rulers, Barbie has a great day every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you're hitting it off with Jackie the Sleepover Barbie, right.
Speaker 4: And then we go and we sit in the pink Corvette and we just like relax, talk about life.
Speaker 3: And it gets deep.
Speaker 4: Punk's going really well and I'm trying really hard to not ask her for a sleepover, even though she's dressed for it. One of her friends, probably nosy Barbie, came out and said, oh, there you are inside, and then she pulled Jackie back into the party.
Speaker 3: Over protective Barbie.
Speaker 2: So I mean, did you go and take her back grab her other arms?
Speaker 3: I would hope he just got her number or something.
Speaker 4: Right, I did get her number, Okay.
Speaker 5: It was kind of like a Cinderella kind of thing because I sent her some texts and.
Speaker 4: Told her how much fun it was, how I wanted to steer again, and that nothing really.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it's like you didn't even overstep your bounds, like you didn't expect anything from.
Speaker 3: Her sleepover joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And how long ago was this party?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: This is just last weekend?
Speaker 8: Okay, but it's like if you miss your like momentum after like a party made up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, I feel like Kennon Barbie, like this is pretty much the most that they do in their relationship, right, kiss They kiss in the Corvette and that's where it ends.
Speaker 3: It's only because they don't have the parts to make.
Speaker 2: Yeahs like each other. Jeremy, you have the parts, right, I got.
Speaker 5: The good parts.
Speaker 2: Let's try to make sure we put them to use when we do our second date.
Speaker 3: Up Let's not expect that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I'd like to go on a real date with her and we don't have to wear it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, in the real world, not Barbie universe.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, let's try and get you a real date here.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we'll call Jackie for you and try and get you hooked up with her.
Speaker 2: Right after this second date update.
Speaker 8: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how.
Speaker 3: The couple is doing right after you here part two.
Speaker 2: It's been all Barbie so far in.
Speaker 3: The second date updates, and I love it.
Speaker 1: Our listener, Jeremy went to a Barbie themed Halloween party where he met a girl named Jackie dressed as Sleepover Barbie and they did a quick photo shoot together, drank some pink, punched, kissed a little, and then had.
Speaker 2: A heart to heart outside in the Pink Corvette for a while.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it is seriously like out of the movie. It's the way you describe.
Speaker 2: It, basically broken Alexis's dream.
Speaker 3: It really is for sure for me.
Speaker 1: I don't know the world as well as they do. It is interesting that there wasn't a real date out of this. It was just more of like an hour long, sloppy Halloween makeout set.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what happens at Halloween parties.
Speaker 2: But it's perfect.
Speaker 1: He did get the girl's number, And the thing is maybe that was just drunk Barbie given out her number and not sleepover Barbie.
Speaker 8: It's it's hard on Halloween to meet somebody because it's like everybody's playing pretend.
Speaker 3: It doesn't feel real.
Speaker 8: You know, like maybe she didn't have the same hopes as you did for a future hangout.
Speaker 1: Okay, do we all agree cheating doesn't count on Halloween.
Speaker 2: She just means like this guy could be just like a fun story.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh yeah, that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you feel like that could be the case, Jeremy, where maybe she didn't take it very seriously.
Speaker 5: I mean, now that you say it like that, that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 8: Okay, but you know what, here's here's where we come in. We're gonna convince her that there's more to the story.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't call in if I didn't feel strongly about.
Speaker 2: It, spoken like a true ken. There here we go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call Jackie. We'll see if she answers, and we'll get your second ate update. Here, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm just Kenn's now stuck at my heart.
Speaker 2: There we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Jackie.
Speaker 9: This is Jackie. Who is this?
Speaker 2: Hey Jackie. We're a morning show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Hey Jackie.
Speaker 9: Wow, Hie, we're all here.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, you're on the radio right now.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's fun.
Speaker 2: That's one of the best reactions we've gotten from.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: This is something we do called a second date update, and we're trying to help one of our listeners get in touch with you again after you guys hung out at a Barbie themed Halloween party. It's a guy named Jeremy.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 3: He was dressed as athlete kid.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, your your voice went down at the end there.
Speaker 9: What happened, Well, we had a really good connection.
Speaker 2: Oh he felt the same way.
Speaker 8: I mean, you haven't returned to any of his texts or calls or anything.
Speaker 3: Is there a reason?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, tracksuit Kin kind of kind of turned into playboy Kin. So I was talking to my girlfriend and we're talking about Oh my god, I think is so great. And I'm like, yeah, that's like this trek suit kin and he was so cute. We were in the pink carbet and she's like, what was this like in the car vet? Oh my god, I want to see what he looks like. So he's like, let's pull up the ring camera videos.
Speaker 2: He was actually smart.
Speaker 9: So like all of us got together like popcorn pop tarts were looking at this video. Okay, like, oh my god, he's like really cute. Oh my god, you're.
Speaker 8: Breaking out like this is that's so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this creepy. Oh god, you're going to second base.
Speaker 8: In the video, it's dark, it's not like you could see like you know, everything in the ring camera.
Speaker 9: So we see my friend come out and like grab me and we leave, and then we see this Skipper who's Skipper.
Speaker 3: Skipper is Barbie's out sister, her little sister.
Speaker 2: Sorry, like no, thank you, get clearer for me. I know all the girls understand, but get with it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I was.
Speaker 9: I went back into the place, was talking to like my girlfriends and Skipper was there. Oh my god, he's so cute, Like he's such a right kisser. So that's the same skipper we see walks to the car that and starts talking to him.
Speaker 8: Okay, so now you're seeing on the ring camera your Ken talking to Skipper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 9: And she gets in the car and they're like talking and laughing, and all of a sudden, she just scoops over and they start making out.
Speaker 8: I mean, okay, I know it sucks that you saw on a ring camera, but like it's a party. I don't know, I've kissed two different people at one party before, you.
Speaker 2: Know, right after your friend kissed them.
Speaker 3: She's friends with Skipper.
Speaker 8: I mean, the problem is, I'm guessing that you didn't like seeing him kiss another girl when he said he was interested in you.
Speaker 9: I mean yeah, like I was shocked. I just I gave him my phone number and I thought that he was interested in me.
Speaker 5: But like, look, hey, I just got to say I am very interested in you.
Speaker 3: And now it's now it's interrupting Ken.
Speaker 4: Well, I gotta set the record straight.
Speaker 1: Like hold on, hold on, man, we have to let Jackie know that is what's his real name, Jeremy Kens. Jeremy has been listening to this call.
Speaker 8: This is a really voyeuristic one, like he's listening in she's watching the video.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, that's how these calls work.
Speaker 5: Look, it didn't mean anything. It was good punch. It was stronger than I thought.
Speaker 2: So the punch is not alcohol.
Speaker 8: I think you should probably come in Jermy with an apology like I'm so sorry you saw that or something.
Speaker 5: I am sorry. I didn't intend to hurt you, but I mean he kind of just like left me out there alone.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's not very good.
Speaker 9: What kind of apology is this? I left you out there alone? What are you a child? What are you five?
Speaker 5: Maybe he took off in the middle of the right, So I'm sorry that Skipper took advantage.
Speaker 8: It sounds like you're good in mojo dojo cossa house, Ken, is what you're getting.
Speaker 5: A Yeah, okay, like Jackie, you shouldn't be mad at me, you should be mad at her.
Speaker 9: I'm mad at both of you. Ken would never do this to Barbie.
Speaker 3: Well that's not true, sir.
Speaker 5: Look, I just truly believe that you and I had a connection, right, That's why I called the station and then called Skipper or whoever, like, I'm interested in your Barbie. Let's go party.
Speaker 8: I stay away from parties right now, Ken Those are what got you in trouble.
Speaker 2: But he does have a point, and he just.
Speaker 3: Kissed her, Jackie, it's not like, right.
Speaker 5: That's all that happened.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Like I get that, but the camera does not lie. They were getting it in like he was capressing her neck, grabbing her hair.
Speaker 8: I understand that that's probably hard to unsee, and please stop describing it because you're getting Jose all kinds.
Speaker 2: Of excited over here and it's creating an issue in the studio.
Speaker 1: But the bottom line is, Jackie, that Jeremy has no interest in Skipper or whoever that girl is.
Speaker 2: That was a total mistake.
Speaker 1: He would even admit that, and he would like to see you again one more time. We'd like to send you out one more time to the beach, and we would pay for that date.
Speaker 9: I mean, but what if a Skipper shows up and he just like runs off into the sunset with Skipper.
Speaker 2: It's the perfect test.
Speaker 5: That just makes sense. Look, she's not like your real sister or anything, right, So now I.
Speaker 9: Need to be aware of my own family members with you.
Speaker 1: That's a big We need an answer from you, Jackie, yes or no.
Speaker 2: One date.
Speaker 9: Okay, as long as we're not drinking and you're sober and you know it's me, you're not kissing other people.
Speaker 3: I don't think he ever thought it wasn't you.
Speaker 1: It's a yes with a long list of stipulations.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Jeremy, say.
Speaker 5: Yeah, frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: That call was from back in twenty twenty three. Diehards of the show might remember it, but now over a year later, we finally are going to get an update from Jeremy and Jackie.
Speaker 3: It's been like a year and a half, although.
Speaker 1: I only see one phone line active. Jackie Jeremy, Are you both on the same line?
Speaker 9: No, No, it's just Jackie.
Speaker 2: Oh oh Jackie.
Speaker 8: Wait, please don't tell me that the update is seen him in a year and a half.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean we dated a while, okay, like a year.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, it's not serious.
Speaker 9: I mean, as you guys know, our big drama was that party he made out with Barbie's sister.
Speaker 8: Mean, Skipper, Skipper, Skipper, did you dirty?
Speaker 9: I mean I thought that was bad. This last Thanksgiving he made out with my actual sister shot.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, oh my god, that.
Speaker 3: Is so terrible. Both of them know too.
Speaker 9: So he's into sisters and I'm not into him.
Speaker 8: Oh man, please don't tell me he's now dating your sister.
Speaker 9: No, they're not dating, thank god.
Speaker 5: But it was so weird.
Speaker 2: Oh weird?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 9: Mean, I mean, I'm sorry I couldn't have a happier update for you guys.
Speaker 2: Do you want to try to get him? Make something up?
Speaker 3: I don't want Barbie's life to go this way.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's a strong independent woman though she don't need no.
Speaker 2: Man, we all made a kenemy today, so oh no.
Speaker 1: We'll keep us updated on what what happens going forward in your dating life, Jackie.
Speaker 2: Were just we wish the best day you guys.
Speaker 3: Second date update. Hopefully we'll do a better job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.