Speaker 1: Hi, everyone, Welcome to another episode of Legally Brunette. I'll be your host, Emily Simpson with my co host Jane and today we have a special guest. If you're a real Housewife fan, you will know Dolores. I don't even need to say the last name.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Hi. How's it going. I'm so excited to be with you. I have not been away with you in a long time. I was talking last night and I said, our last time we were together together was Andy's baby shower. Yeah, and then, you know, briefly at Bravo Con. But that's just great.
Speaker 1: You don't have time to socialize a Bravo con. It's in passing, right, Hi, It's good to see you.
Speaker 2: It's three days of running it is. Are we excited for this year? Yeah? You know.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a lot of work, but I enjoy it. And you know, I'll tell you I enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Maybe you agree with me.
Speaker 1: A lot of times when you film Housewives, the only feedback you get is from social media. And we talked about this yesterday. And when you get feedback from social media, let's be honest, ninety five percent of it is negative.
Speaker 2: I know, right, But you know, it's really social media is a very small drop in the bucket. It is. It is so when I first started, I remember Noah saying that to me. I forget what the issue was with social media at the time. Yeah, and any of you who don't know Noah, we know him. He's the big boss, he's a big shot. So I remember him saying, it's just a really small portion of the people that watch the show, because everyone that watches it. Of course, my mother watches the show, she's not comment right, well now she is. Yeah, yeah, But I think that was the point of bravocon for me, is that a lot of times the only feedback you get is on social media, right right, So you're saying everybody, and it's so nice to just have so many fans that are like, I love the show, I love you, how's your mother in law? How's Annabel doing? And you're like, oh, people do watch it and just enjoy it and then go to bed. Yeah, I know, it's nice to see. That's nice.
Speaker 1: It's nice to get a lot of positive feedback. So I really Bravo con So, all right, anyway, let's go into We're going to start with a little update on Lively and Baldoni. I thought this was really interesting because, as we talked about last time we did an update, Taylor Swift was subpoenaed in this case, wanted to now a part of this who absolutely wanted nothing to do on I heard that.
Speaker 2: They weren't even friends anymore because she was dragged into it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I believe you know, of course it's just the rumor mill, but I've read a lot of articles that allude to the same that they're not even speaking, they're not friends anymore. So recently, Baldoni's attorney, whose name is Brian Friedman, he filed I thought this was interesting. He filed an affidavit, and affidavit is his own account of something that happened, and it was sworn under penalty of perjury, and he basically I read it, and he basically said that someone from Taylor Swift's camp called him. He spoke to them for about an hour. He wouldn't disclose who it was in this Affidavid, and basically they gave him information that Blake Lively's attorney had reached out to Taylor Swift's attorney and basically said, you need to post something on social media and support of Blake Lively. If you don't, we're going to release ten years worth of text messages between the two of you.
Speaker 2: So this is what he put it in a highdamon and I did not hear that, yes, and so he filed it with the court.
Speaker 1: Then he was pretty much reprimanded by the judge who basically said, we're going to remove that from the filing. That's nothing more than like you filing something to get click bait and to like, you know, create a contentious relationship between these two high power people.
Speaker 2: Did did you hear about this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then after that those yes. So then but here's my thing. Brian Freeman is a very high powered, intelligent attorney. I've said multiple times if I am ever sued, the first person I'm calling is Brian free Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well that's a very no data statement to make, and coming from you, who's an attorney, like no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: So you know there's no way that he's lying. He clearly got a phone call, he was clearly told this information. I understand the judges trying to keep all this extra gossip out of it, because.
Speaker 2: That's a big that's not extra gossip, that's actually a threat. It is it's a threat. It's a threat.
Speaker 1: And now we know that the subpoena has been withdrawn from Taylor Swift, so now she is not compelled to testify. I don't think it has anything to do with that situation.
Speaker 2: I believe she should be.
Speaker 3: Does that mean withdrawn by Friedman, not dismissed by the right.
Speaker 1: It was withdrawn by Brian Friedman. So Baldoni's side withdrew the subpoena. I think it's because they got what they wanted, right, yeah, exactly. Don't know whatever information they're looking for for the trial. Maybe they did get copies of text messages. Maybe she did give over some information.
Speaker 3: Testify.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that maybe there was like a side deal, which you know in court happens all the time. We'll give you this, just leave me alone. I don't need to be dragged into this, and quite frankly, having I feel like having Taylor Swift there and don't you agree, would take the attention off of what's really going on. Oh absolutely, it's not gonna it's not gonna help either side.
Speaker 1: Right So, I think, in my opinion, I think Taylor Swift provided whatever information they were looking for, or enough information that they feel like they have what they need and that's why the subpoena was dropped. So now we know that she's not going to testify unless she's compelled again at some point.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I doubt it. That's Lively in Baldoni. But that was so good. I could be done now, I know. I mean that was so good. I know that was a little present gaming. I know that was going on. I've been busy, right.
Speaker 1: Well, tell me, because we haven't talked about this, what is your impression of Blake Lively? Because I went into researching this case very neutral.
Speaker 2: I didn't have an opinion. What I can't you could have cared less about it.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know really who justin Baldoni. Well, I watched the movie. I didn't really care one way or the other.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I read all of the filings multiple times. And my takeaway was, and we've talked about this, and Blake Lively is a horrible person.
Speaker 2: That was my takeaway. Well, a lot of people say that, you know, I've seen how she treats other people outside of this. Yeah, and I'm a big person on I'll judge you on how you treat people. And there was one instance where they showed a she was in an interview with a young girl, like a lot of people look up to even us. You know, we're not a listers, but they they could you could really hurt saying No, I'm just saying, but we haven't, like we could hurt somebody's feelings with being nasty to them. And this girl goes congratulation on your bump, and she goes and congratulations on yours, And you know what, who are you? You made the girl feel bad? She was just trying to make conversations, make conversation. That was enough for me. But I never like liked her as an actress. You know, her affect. It looks like she's thinking before she talks. I mean, that's just the way she talks. But it was never overly impressed by her. And I mean, I'm sure he's kicking himself in the ass because this was his big time, on his big break, and I feel very bad. You know he could even the day of the premire, he had to be in the basement with his family. He was into the basement. Yeah, it was for like two hours while while this was going on. Yeah, you know what I think, do you want to know what I think. Yeah, I want to know what you think. I think that she was like falling for him. She was like texting him, you know, up in the middle of the night, nursing and oh yeah. And I think her husband got a wind of it. Yeah, And I think that she had to put it on him, like he's talking to me. And then I think Brian Reynolds came on the set and closed all type fash You know.
Speaker 1: I think that's a reasonable conclusion because I've thought the same thing. I thought maybe the relationship got like she wanted more out of it, or she was attracted to him. And then we do know that Ryan Reynolds was showing up on the set and watching the dailies, and you could take it over there was chemistry between them, and maybe he got upset about that. And the way she shifted the blame was, well, he does this, he says inappropriate things, and then Ryan Reynolds is like, well then we have to pursue it.
Speaker 3: We have to sue him.
Speaker 1: You can't act like that. And now it's snowballed completely out of it.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, And you know, that's not just my opinion, that's been the opinion I've seen it. It just seems like a famili your story. And I hate to draw a conclusion to something I was not there. I don't know anything about. None of her friends told me this. I don't know about it. But I'm just thinking, what do you think that's a possibility here.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that's a possible I don't know what you're saying, this is a reasonable outcome.
Speaker 2: I feel like there was you know, and this is I'm also drawing that conclusion to myself by things that Jason Baldoni said, like I'm reading through the Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then even if it is accurate as you say, which it may very well be, it just shows that Ryan was kind of inserting himself. I mean, they didn't handle it well. If that was the case, if Ryan said, hey, what are you doing? Why are you talking to him late? I mean, this is how they handle it. They go and attack and sue, well.
Speaker 2: There's a campaign and there's egos involved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know, that's what I'm saying, is a terrible way to handle.
Speaker 2: It when a jealous man. You know, whenever there's a we know, like passion involved, it's not rational, Like emotions are not rational. So there was you know, whatever, care I could go on to this whole thing, but I'll stop there. That's just what I thought.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on to the Diddy trial. We've done other episodes on Diddy, so if you're listening to this for the first time, you want to go back, I would suggest going back and listening to our previous episodes. So we were on Didty Trial of week two. Here's one of the things I just wanted to start with because I thought this was interesting. So doctor Don Hughes, who is a psychologist, testified for the prosecution, and she's called a blind expert, and that means that she's testifying on their behalf. However, she doesn't she doesn't really know a lot experience with either.
Speaker 2: She's never had them as a patient. She's not involved at all. She's an expert, she's an expert witness. She's actually referred to as an expert of experts. She's also testified.
Speaker 1: And Johnny Depp's case, the Amber Heerd Johnny Depp, she testified and R Kelly, so she's clearly well known as an expert. Obviously, prosecution has her testifying because the defense is going to say Cassie, who was in this ten year relationship with Diddy, was there because she wanted to be there her own will, her own will. She wasn't coerced, she wasn't manipulated. She was there of her own free will. She could have left at any time. She could have broken up with him. I really don't see, I mean, but I'm saying that's what the defense is going to go, right, So she testified. I thought I was wondering what your opinion is on that when someone comes in as an expert and they don't know the parties, but they're just testifying to the relationship like a trauma bond, and what they seek her Who called.
Speaker 3: Her to testify? What party?
Speaker 2: Prosecution?
Speaker 1: So the prosecution is having her testify as to like the state of Cassie's mind why she stayed with him so long.
Speaker 2: Because they're going to try because the defense is going to challenge that. Right, They're going to say she could have left at any time, which don't.
Speaker 3: She didn't want to die.
Speaker 2: Challenge that all they want. I've been around domestic violence my whole entire life, and I can tell you and until this day, I work with with women of domestic abuse and it's just it's not only in women. It could be in relationships period. There's there's so much different. There's mental abuse, there's physical abuse. She had both. So yeah, I mean I can understand why the prosecution called her in because a lot of people don't understand why she stayed. I understand why she stayed. I mean besides what we saw, but she even went back at times, Like I think when they had the he had the meeting with was it kid Cutty and she, they sit down, they make amends, and then at some point it's like a freakin movie. Diddy has her come in to stand behind him and be like, well I'm here now, and like Kid Cutti was like he goes. I was actually surprised that she was there and went back. But I mean, there's so many layers to this. You know, somebody of domestic violence will justify what they're doing to her like she and then you become like Stockholm syndrome and then you're afraid. I mean, in a typical domestic violence case, sometimes the neighbors call the cops, right if, but in this case, the cops, he owns the cops, he owned, the judges, he owned everybody, she watched people around her die. She watched him bring guns to someone's house to unwrap their Christmas presents and almost kill him, kid cutty right right, and blow up his car with a mousle the top cocktail. She watched all this right, and then in her mind she was now a prisoner to him, because after being beaten, after being used as a sex slave, after being drugged for so many years, she probably in her mindset, who's gonna want me? Where am I going? So you're saying it's a deterioration of any self worth? Is how he there's no self worth? On a much lower case than this, this was an extreme case of domestic violence.
Speaker 3: I agree with everything you said. The way I saw it, although you might be very well correct, was simply there's you know, if I stay, I get beat up, right, or I get abused, or I get mistreated. But if I leave, it might be even worse. He might come after me, right or like now you added the factor of I'm not worth anything, Who's gonna want me?
Speaker 2: Who's gonna want me?
Speaker 3: Maybe the next guy will treat me just the same. And here, at least I have a roof over.
Speaker 2: My head that is a common trait and even somebody who's even molested. It's been like a lot of times, it's well why not, It's already been done to me, so why not be this way?
Speaker 3: Or this is my life?
Speaker 2: This is my life. I have no self worth it. It's a horrible deterioration of someone's like soul. Basically, basically, he just slammed her soul on the ground. She was an eighteen year old girl coming into this. She was the one She was.
Speaker 3: Eighteen at the start of their relationship.
Speaker 1: Now, the issue in this case is not to mess violence, because we know that's happening. What the prosecution has to has the burden of proving is RICO, which is racketeering and also sex trafficking. So that's where the burdens really going to lie on the prosecution side. We were talking about this this morning, is in order to prove a RICO case, you have to prove that there's a criminal enterprise.
Speaker 2: So that's what the prosecution is doing. That's why they're bringing forward all these witnesses to have their sets.
Speaker 1: You know that are people at hotels, so that they can testify to establish that Diddy had a criminal enterprise. In order to have these freak offs. It's not just like he has weird sexual fantasy right now, on that you can be weird, weird, you can you can have whatever is.
Speaker 3: Not illegal to be weird.
Speaker 2: It's not illegal or to have a fetish right to have weird. Well, in such state it is. But what we have, what they have.
Speaker 1: To prove is that it's a criminal enterprise. So what is your thought on that, on the criminal enterprise.
Speaker 2: Aspect of it.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that's a way to get further sentencing, right, and more charges against them, and then I think they can seize a lot of the assets and the victims can go after the whole criminal enterprise.
Speaker 1: So you is it a criminal enterprise if you have assistants who are okay setting up these freak offs, and they're putting the lighting up, and they're they're hiring the sex workers.
Speaker 3: They're flying them out, they're organizing it, they're flying them out, they're paying them, who's cutting them the check they're putting up in house?
Speaker 2: It is Yeah, it's a business. But but does that fall under criminals still?
Speaker 3: Because well, I think I think in late terms, it's the enterprise is furthering the criminal activity, right, Okay, so you can't disguise it did. He can't sit up there on his throne and say I didn't pay them, I didn't make the phone call, I didn't fly him out here. They did. Well, they work for you. They're part of your company, right, and and you benefited from the criminality you were he was the bar Your hands are no less dirty.
Speaker 2: Just like so in the mob, right, the boss gives.
Speaker 3: The orders, right, but doesn't touch anything.
Speaker 2: Right, But he doesn't touch anything. He's already a made guy. If he's the boss, he's already a made guy. Right. So now you have all his soldiers underneath him. Who and here we talk about the Rico Act. That's what actually brought down the mob. So when you're looking at letters instead of numbers, people start to talk and people start to roll on you, like if you're looking at life instead of twenty five years or twenty years. Now, all of a sudden, it's a different story. So having that in front of you, all of a sudden, they're like, well, I'm gonna die anyway in jail, so why don't I just roll the dice and see if I could rat him out or have him go for me?
Speaker 3: Right, we'll see, all right.
Speaker 1: So also during testimony, I thought this was interesting because you know, Cassie settled in a civil suit with Day Yes, so the number was never I know, she asked for thirty million. So it was revealed during her testimony that she actually received twenty million. That was her settlement and her civil case.
Speaker 2: So during cross examination on her noss for Dinny, did she have to pay taxes on that? I don't know. Does she have to pay taxes on tie?
Speaker 3: I thought, what it's for If it's for injuries.
Speaker 2: No, I guess it would be for injuries, right, yeah, if it's.
Speaker 1: To make her whole, no, So attorneys for Dinny highlighted the details of two financial settlements involving Cassie, seemingly in an effort to challenge her credibility or suggest alternative motives for her allegations. Cassie acknowledged receiving twenty million and her civil settlement against Combs. One of his attorneys pointed out that she canceled an upcoming tour soon soon after receiving the settlement, implying a connection between the payout and her career decisions. Cassie stated that no amount of money could undo the trauma she experienced, adding that if she could reverse the abuse, she would return the money.
Speaker 3: So no one's considering the trauma that she went through as to why she might have canceled her tour.
Speaker 1: They're disclaiming that she might wanted a financial payout. Once she got the twenty million, she wasn't interested in the career anymore.
Speaker 2: Maybe twenty million doesn't go very far these days, especially the lifestyle she was used to and and the therapy and everything else. How you know this is good? This will manifest itself. God forbid with her in another way, like she does not know what her life hasn't has ahead of her.
Speaker 3: But I understand if she gets if she gets money and then she quits the tour, I mean, she's a lot of change the direction of her life. I mean, it's like she faked all this and got it, you know, right, I.
Speaker 1: Understand, But you also understand this is on cross examination. So this is the defense cross.
Speaker 2: Examining her and trying to make her look like they're trying to make it like she just wanted to settlement. She got. It's normal that they would have done this, right, This isn't like groundbreaking that they're going to use. They're going to pull out every stop exactly.
Speaker 1: Also, in a new disclosure made during the same testimony, vn Sura also revealed she was set to receive approximately ten million and a separate settlement with inter Continental Hotels linked to the twenty sixteen incident that was caught on the surface.
Speaker 3: Is that because the video was released?
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know, I wanted to research more into that. If she's going to receive a ten million dollars settlement from that hotel chain, is it because there was some negligence on their part? Did they not act.
Speaker 2: But they did not call the cops? I don't know. That's where did they leak? And was that video leaked? That video was leaked? We talked about this hours later. It was right.
Speaker 1: This wasn't twenty sixteen. The video didn't come out until twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: So I think they're live period. But what do you think they're liable for? What do you think the cause of action is? Well, I don't believe the cops were called. If the people watching the cameras saw this enough to save it and keep it in their pocket, whoever they they're responsible for, responsible for the person that they hired who also whoever leaked it, right, Well.
Speaker 3: That's assumed, so they're and you may be correct, but that's assuming someone saw the video as it played out, and not just they record cameras and they store everything and then later they can go back as needed.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the guard leaked and it had to be someone from the hotel that leaked it.
Speaker 2: The hotel employee would have access to it, right, But why have the cameras up if you're not watching to see what's going on? What do you just go back to see after somebody gets killed?
Speaker 3: That's exactly That's exactly it. I mean, I do think that would be the better case, certainly if they could watch in real time and call for help as needed, or if they did see it, as you're suggesting, that would be horrific. If they see it and they don't do anything about it, they should be.
Speaker 2: Everyone was afraid of them, and he owned everybody. Everybody, well, they said the security guard, and he tried to pay him off. So a security guard showed up in the.
Speaker 1: Hotel and went to the incident, and then did he threw a bag of money at him and said, basically, see.
Speaker 3: Anything whether it was the video or not, there was some notice of this incident and violence, and the security guard did attempt to make an effort to intervene gets paid.
Speaker 2: Off, right, Well, he didn't take the money.
Speaker 3: He didn't take the money.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, So my question is my question is is her suit where they settled for ten million? Is it negligence of some sort? Is that they didn't send the security guard fast enough? Did he not intervene enough? Were they did they have a higher duty or responsibility to protect her in the hallway?
Speaker 3: Like what is the hotel?
Speaker 2: So if nothing else, Emily, if nothing else, that video was leaked from their private security system and they're liable for that.
Speaker 1: But but the video being leaked helped her sound the case.
Speaker 2: He settled immediately. It's still but yeah, right, but leaked?
Speaker 3: Is it private? I mean they're in a hotel lobby.
Speaker 2: I think I think so. Like if I think it is, if there was no incident report, if there was nothing public about it, I would think it was. I think that it was their property. It was leaked, their liabel for it. That's how I feel. All right, let's go into a little bit about Kid Cutty. So Kid Cutty testifies Kid Cutty had a relationship with Cassie Ventura. So one of the most high profile witnesses in the second week of testimony, right, the relationship is post well, it was post Ditty, but then she went back to Ditty, So he's kind of like he's kind of in there during her relationship with Ditty. So in the second week of testimony was rapper Kid Cutty legally known as Scott mus Cutty, who briefly dated Cassie Ventura in twenty eleven. Cutty testified that not long after Ditty discovered his relationship with Cassie, someone broke into his La home. Weeks later, his car was set on fire outside of the same residence. Cutty told the jury that he later confronted Comb's during a meeting at a Los Angeles hotel, asking what they were going to do about the car incident. According to Cutty, Combs denied knowledge of the arson, a response Cutty found unconvincing. He also said his relationship with Ventura ended soon afterward. Here's the thing about the Molotov cocktail. Basically, his car was cut open, it was dropped. It was a convertible Porsche. It was in the driveway, but not before Diddy went to the house. When in his home unwrapped his Christmas presence. There was like Chanelle boxes, there was Christmas presents for his family. He unwrapped them and called him from his house and said, I'm in your house. And kid Cutti went there. But here's the other thing that they're trying to go. And the dog was put in the bathroom and the dog seemed shaken up and scared because the dog just saw the devil. Dogs can see things, yes, so they sense things. So the dog was peeing all over itself. I wonder if it was a pit bull. I'm just curious. And the dog was in the bathroom and Kid Cuti brought the dog out, and the dog was scared, sh like how do you scare a dog to that extent? You know? But he was on kid Cutty on the way there was afraid. He even admitted it. He goes, I did not know what I was pulling up to. I didn't know if he had his boys with him or whatever it was, or if he was going to kill me. Right, And so he walks in and then he he was gone. And then shortly after that is the Mazotov cocktail, right and oft.
Speaker 1: Obviously, the point of Kid Cutty testifying to the Molotov cocktail is because an earlier testimony with Cassie, she talks about how Combs threatened to blow up Cuddy's car when he learned about their relationship together.
Speaker 2: He's gotten away with a lot. Yeah. Well there's the night.
Speaker 1: Club shooting in nineteen ninety nine that's been resurfaced because of this whole trial with Diddy. Yeah, but people are coming forward and saying he was in the night club he had Now, yes it was with.
Speaker 2: J Lo, but he was acquitted. Once you're acquitted, they can't bring you back and charge you again. Right, that's it. Yeah, that's what I believe. I don't know. I haven't been in the court case in court house for a long time, but you've been out of.
Speaker 3: The criminal court system for a while. Yeah, I've been.
Speaker 2: Keeping it clean.
Speaker 1: Also, what was interesting was Cassie Ventura's mother testified in court. So we're Regina Ventura. Cassie's mother testified on May twentieth. She told the court that Colmbs became enraged after learning that Cassie was seeing Kid Cuddy. According to her Culmbs threatened to release explicit videos involving Cassie as well as to harm Cassie and Cuddy unless he was provided with twenty thousand dollars. First of all, where does he come up with the twenty thousand? I mean, the guy's a billionaire.
Speaker 2: The twenty thousand is just to me's with this. He just knew it was enough to hurt them, right. And the mother's testimony was was they said you could hear a pin drop in that courtroom because she was very soft spoken. She was like a broken mom. Yeah, afraid for her daughter who said that they had to take a mortgage out on their house.
Speaker 3: All that time and go through all that a because that's what you don't just go to the store and get something like. She had to go through all the PaperWorks, qualify. She had all these.
Speaker 2: Things hoping that it doesn't hurt her.
Speaker 3: Under this stress of her daughter. And what he put him through for twenty grand that's like me putting someone through.
Speaker 2: Nothing to do with them, had nothing to do with the money. Sorry, correct, he's an evil press them. He just wanted a torture them, and he did. But but you know what they had. That mother's testimony for some reason got to everybody. Oh and the other thing is they wanted to take out the part about the dog because some of the jurors are dog lovers, they're animal lovers, So the judge wanted that out.
Speaker 3: The judge defense the judge.
Speaker 2: I met the defendant. Yeah right away. I said to myself, he could have hurt that dog, he could have killed the dog, but he didn't. But what did he do to that dog? To meet that dog like that? I need to know he don't have cameras in his house? This guy kid cuttie, what's up? I know, I was just thinking that. I mean, he's a rapper and he's wealthy. You would think he'd have cameras. I mean it's a given, but okay, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Regina also testified that her daughter had emailed her about the threats in late twenty eleven, leaving her feeling physically sick. She filled her mother, Yeah, I know, I wanted that too, like why didn't she just call her? But she said she took out a hame equity loone to pay the money, fearing for her daughter's safety. The funds were later returned to Regina, and Cassie reportedly resumed her relationship with Combs shortly thereafter.
Speaker 2: So can I just say something, Cassie's girl. Most of what she did was because she wanted to be with him. She wanted to be his girls. She said, she wanted to be his number one.
Speaker 3: You don't have.
Speaker 2: Twenty thousand dollars to give your mother to save her.
Speaker 1: I think that's how he controlled her. I think he probably just bought her things.
Speaker 2: Then you don't go sell a ring, you don't go sell a watch. I mean, unless it doesn't make sense to me that she could not give her mother. She couldn't come up with twenty thousand dollars to give her mother by selling one gift that she got. Was he cheap? I don't know. I don't know, because I can sell some old boyfriends and come up with some money.
Speaker 1: The jury also viewed photos that Regina had taken of her daughter, which depicted bruises on Cassie's body. I saw that her testimony was brief, as Comb's attorney declined to cross examine her. It's good that they decided not to cross examine her, because they're going to look like bullies if they.
Speaker 2: And the people and she won the hearts of the people right in the courtroom, right, and so that was a good decision on their part to just let that go. They're not done, they're not right. They're not defending P Diddy because they're done. Okay.
Speaker 1: I added this in because I just thought this was interesting. So there's a hotel manager named Frederick Zamoor who also testified. He was a general general manager of the Lehramitage Hotel in Beverly Hills. He testified about hotel records that were linked to Sean Ditty Combs. According to the general manager of the hotel, the hotel profile originally created and Comb's name in two thousand and six, underwent several name changes over the years. You know, he changed his name to like Frank Black, and he went by something else. He was always changing names. No Diddy, So whenever he would check into these hotels, he would use an alias. Obviously he doesn't check in.
Speaker 3: It's just entirely.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But I like, I like, this is the part that I enjoy. The jury was also shown internal hotel notes that documented concerns about Comb stays, which included these are notes that the hotel has in the computer system.
Speaker 2: Make sure you have Kylly and please monitor outside his room and down the hall to spray air freshener. That's one note. Wait what why? I guess because it smells. I don't know. I need to know, right, always spills candle wax on everything and uses excessive amounts of oil, place the room out of order.
Speaker 1: Upon departure for deep cleaning. The last one is, please authorize an extra one thousand dollars when guest stays with us to cover any room damages. I thought a thousand was actually a very low.
Speaker 2: Amount for damage to the room with Seawan combs. So but anyway, I thought that was an interesting was upset that he had to leave that, Like I when I show up, it's two hundred dollars for incidentals. Right, you're right, A thousand isn't a lot, It's not I feel like.
Speaker 3: I have to buy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to know about the smell.
Speaker 1: Right, the air freshener in the hallway, we need to.
Speaker 3: Invest was strong enough to handle?
Speaker 2: Does he ask for that? Maybe? Is that something that he that's the.
Speaker 1: Hotel internal note saying we have to spray air refreshner in the hallway when he stays there.
Speaker 2: I don't know, does he.
Speaker 1: Burn incense, do the candles smell? Does it create like a weird smell? So they have to air refreshener.
Speaker 2: The hallway and I need to know. I'm like, literally, I want to DM somebody about this.
Speaker 3: Right, all right.
Speaker 1: Another person that testified was makeup artist Mila Morales. She was a former makeup artist that testified that she once saw Cassie with visible injuries during the Grammys weekend in twenty ten. Marale I said she returned to a hotel with Cassie after attending a party at Prince's home. Allegedly did he arrive later, appearing angry and shouting for Cassie before entering her room and closing the door. Maralis described hearing yelling and said she felt helpless during the incident. I've actually seen interviews with her. She's done several interviews, and I know when they cross examined her, they talked about the interviews that she's done. Asked her if she was paid, and she didn't. She said she hasn't received any pay. I feel like she's just out there speaking out because she feels like she witnessed something and that she didn't ever speak out before her opportunity to say what she saw. According to Maralis, Diddy later stormed out of the room, and Cassie emerged visibly shaken, with what appeared to be a swollen eye, a split lip, and bruises on her head. This account aligns with Cassie's earlier testimony in which she said Combs assaulted her after a party at Prince's house, allegedly throwing luggage at her and verbally abusing her. You know, there's another account by one of his assistants that testified that there was another woman that he dated named Gina. I guess that was a part of this controversy. She was a victim number three that was supposed to testify, but they can't find her, and I don't think she's now going to testify.
Speaker 2: But I hope she's okay.
Speaker 3: Missing or she's not responding and won't and refusing again.
Speaker 2: The prosecution can't get a hold of her. She was just.
Speaker 3: Missing, so well yeah, no, yeah, I just didn't know if she was refusing to come or if she did.
Speaker 2: Anyone hear from her, Like, I think they can't get a hold of her, and they're saying she's now not going to testify. She's maybe they I worry about these people. Yeah, I really that's the.
Speaker 3: Reason why he's not coming out of jail, right, because that's why he didn't when this tampering. Yeah, that's part of his troubles.
Speaker 2: He can't listen, he can't help what he is. He's still going to do. You know, his empire might be falling, but I feel like if he gets away with this, he's going to be more powerful than he's ever been.
Speaker 3: Well, every time, every time he got you know, he exploited them for twenty thousand dollars or paid her off for twenty millions. She knows how many up a car. Who knows how many people he paid off to get away with his crime, and then he just thinks, yeah, that was nothing. You know, I paid her. I can do what I want because I just pay him off.
Speaker 1: There's some male sex workers that testified, and obviously this goes back to the sex trafficking of if they're hiring male sex workers to common have sex with Cassie and that's what these freaking.
Speaker 2: She was also finding them, right because it's what he wanted. Then this is the sex trafficking.
Speaker 1: Part of the prosecution's case is that they're crossing state lines and that's sex trafficking, I thought, And we haven't seen that yet. And we talked about this a little bit yesterday that there were underage victims as well in this sex trafficking.
Speaker 2: But so far we're talking underage, We're talking I'm talking like, are we talking about child sex trafficking.
Speaker 3: That's not the case. So far, it has.
Speaker 2: We've only heard tunnels and Michael Jackson's house and there's clothes they found tons of kids clothes and that we don't know this to be true, and apparently it's not been brought up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so but there have been and I've seen videos and maybe you've seen this too, of like Diddy with Justin Bieber when he was very he talks about how he's like going to Ditty camp and he's staying with Ditty and Diddy's.
Speaker 3: His guardens what they're going to do, right, and.
Speaker 2: Really creepy.
Speaker 1: And then I saw an interview with Usher he did on Howard Stern, and Howard Stern.
Speaker 2: Was saying, well, what happened with Ditty?
Speaker 1: You know, because Usher was underage at that time too, He's like, you know, I can't say, I can't talk about it, and he said, well, would you ever let your child be around Didty? He was basically like, did.
Speaker 2: You see Kanye West?
Speaker 3: Diddy?
Speaker 2: Kanye West was at a concert they were setting up. Kanye's children were playing and Diddy walked over to them to say hello, and Kanye came running down the stairs and goes, get away from my kids. Oh yeah, see he shook his hand. He's like, get away, back off. Yeah, fifty cents been.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We're screaming on top of mountains about this. And here's the other thing. One of the sex were who went on a big shootout in Miami in the Trump Hotel. I believe it was Miami. I don't know if you saw this. And he gets arrested. He has like a shootout with the cops and he's like yeah yeah. He goes, I want to talk to us as a sex worker that's connected to Diddy or he's a sex worker. No sex worker that's connected to day Hey, and he's like he's in jail. But as he's getting arrested, he's like, listen, did he calls me? I go there, you guys don't understand. They hire me to come and he puts oil and he starts going off, and no one listened to him, no one believed him, and they put him in jail. Now they are going back to him and goes, oh, and they're like would say, and they're like, I tried to tell you when you were arresting me that this was going on.
Speaker 1: So during this testimony there was a male sex worker testified, and this is actually I find this amusing. His name is the Punisher. So on Tuesday, a man identified as Sharay Hayes, also known as the Punish, described a series of encounters he allegedly had with Cassie while Ditty was present. In my mind, I can't get past the fact that this guy is a sex worker.
Speaker 2: But his name is the Punisher.
Speaker 1: So the Punisher said that he first met the pair at a hotel room and Trump Tower where.
Speaker 2: He was Is this maybe? Is this the same thing? That's who I'm talking about? Sie Taller.
Speaker 1: He was instructed not to acknowledge Combs, who reportedly wore a face covering. He alleged that during multiple encounters, Combs observed and issued directions, including lighting adjustments and sexual instructions.
Speaker 2: Is he ever tired? Like he just doesn't stop? He goes and he goes, and he goes, but he doesn't do anything half assed. Ditty does things to the extend. So the punisher's testimony follows up follows similar claims made by other witnesses, for example, Daniel Phillip, who last week in testimony alleged he was paid to engage in sexual acts with Ventura under Combe's direction. So again they're establishing I guess again this goes to it's it's an enterprise. It's not just like.
Speaker 1: A casual, consensual everybody shows up and they have an orgy. It's an elaborate business.
Speaker 3: Dealing, which is establishing right that it's a production visual audio too right.
Speaker 1: I thought it was interesting because during testimony in Ditty's trial, a former escort named vin Armani has publicly denied any involvement in the allegations raised during the Ditty trial. Apparently they showed his picture he's one of these.
Speaker 3: Well, I I saw one of the others.
Speaker 2: From the show. From the show show he's denying that he had, So then why is he there if he has no Well, they're showing so they showed is he an expert witness? No, they showed a.
Speaker 1: Photo of him and they showed there were actually two jigglos from the show that were showed during this testimony, but he has come forward and said that it's just misidentification, like he was not involved in any of these freak out freakoffs. So Armani, who previously appeared on the Showtime Showtime series Jigglos, said he was never contacted by prosecutors and called the identification a case of mistaken identity. In comments to The Daily Mail, Armani said he was he has never had any interaction with either Combs or Ventura involving violence, drugs or paid sex acts. He acknowledged socializing with numerous celebrities over the years, but firmly denied ever participating in any of these freakofs. Armani also criticized media coverage, particularly and now deleted TMZ article. It was TMZ that came out and named him, I believe and also that other guy that killed.
Speaker 3: Is that his fran gel now for having killed his girlfriend d Mr Armani.
Speaker 2: Guy that Ben that we were talking about.
Speaker 1: He has argued that the misidentification has harmed his reputation and expressed frustration at not being contacted by legal authorities.
Speaker 2: To clarify his role in all of it. So anyway, that's where we're att with that. No, can can he get money for that? Can he? Well?
Speaker 1: I feel like the fact that he came forward and said that his reputation was harm.
Speaker 2: Because that's not that's.
Speaker 1: Not I mean your your reputation was harm. No, that's legal jargon right there. That means he's consulted with an attorney, and I think he's probably going to sue for defamation or everyone's going.
Speaker 3: To jump on this bandwagon of getting money.
Speaker 2: Right, there's enough to go around.
Speaker 3: The hotel also might just be deep pockets, you know.
Speaker 2: Let's get the pockets. That's what I'm saying, Like they could settle.
Speaker 1: All right, here's some questions after the second week of trial. First of all, we talked about this already, but Gina, who is victim number three, is nowhere to be found in court on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: That might be a problem for Gina. Might be a problem for the prosecution too, because I think Gina's in trouble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they might want to check some shallow graves.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I mean I'm worried for Gina.
Speaker 1: In court on Wednesday, outside the presence of the jury. Defense attorney Mark Agnifilio said that Gina is out of the case.
Speaker 2: Assists she's out of the case. That's what the defense. She gets out of the case just because they can't find her. That's ok. Maybe she's dead, can't find her, she's not answering, so we're just not going to call her now how long.
Speaker 3: Her Yeah, but defense is very quick to want to excuse her, right.
Speaker 2: So that's the defense of course.
Speaker 1: The assistant US attorney, Christie Slavic, said that Gina was very much part of this case, adding that she was identified in the indictment. I think this comes down to a case of the defense is saying, eh, she's not part of it, the prosecution saying, yes she is, and they can't find her, and they're hoping they can find her.
Speaker 2: God, this we're going to find well.
Speaker 1: So we hope Gina's okay and we hope that they can find her. She was a big part of this case. She was considered victim number three, and the part of establishing for the prosecution and what was it the Rico case is that there's multiple victims, so.
Speaker 3: It has been two violations within ten.
Speaker 1: Years, right, so she was victim number three, so they clearly need her testimony.
Speaker 2: So there has to be a two they have too. They have victim one and two Cassie, and then I'm not sure, so the third one would put it over.
Speaker 3: The edge, right, Well, just more. I think the more testimony is.
Speaker 2: So Gina's safe to say, if Gina owed me money, I'd be upset. I'd be worried right now because she ain't showing up.
Speaker 1: So hopefully we can figure out what happened with Gina and maybe she comes forward. Also, I do have a question because they've talked about and alluded to showing footage of these freak offs, because we know that there's video footage that he's recorded a lot of them.
Speaker 2: In your opinion, do you think showing.
Speaker 1: Clips of these freak offs helps the prosecution or helps the defense?
Speaker 3: It depends. If the videos are people cheering and having a good time and laughing, it's not going to help.
Speaker 2: Right prosecuted content of the videos, right, you could see people drugged up, throwing up and getting sodomized, right, or are we going to see everybody like shane'sas dancing on the big bed that was the size of the yard.
Speaker 1: I would say that there's probably both in this video archives, there's probably so it depends on what they pick and choose what they show the videos.
Speaker 2: What part of the videos I saw, Like with Justin Bieber so far, although it was very unclear what was actually going going on, you saw enough to make your assumption, and to make a pretty good assumption. That was enough for me, right, But what my brother told me? Now, my brother's been a cop now thirty something years in Patterson. He's a lieutenant, he's a marine. He's you know, very well respected in the hostage negotiators. So I always go to him to break things down for me. Yeah, what he did say that was before every party, Dicky would Diddy would come out and say it's about to freak off. You're not comfortable leave? Yeah, that's like every party, right. I feel like that covered in ever.
Speaker 3: Left and there's curiosity. There's also like I don't want to get black. This is going to be crazy.
Speaker 1: Did he record that part before they recorded these freak goffas well?
Speaker 2: They must have parted for people to suit for him to protect himself that that was recorded.
Speaker 3: Well, Plus, how was it said? Was it with attitude like get the hell out of here? If you can't handle us, get out of here. Oh, we don't want to make you feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Then by him saying that if this is true, Lewis is usually right. If this is true, he just covered himself to say everyone was there on their own will, everyone was there consensually. I don't know if that's true, but you know, you know, I have.
Speaker 1: One more thought because we also when we talk about Diddy, I was thinking about when we were talking about the expert witness and how she was testifying to the trauma and sticking around and not leaving when we're talking about Cassie, and also the fact that it wasn't she didn't come forward immediately. She came forward years later and talked about all the abuse that she endured. And it made me think about Menindez because I don't know how much you know about the Menindaz case, but that's a lot of the DMS that I get from people when we talk about Menindaz, because they were eighteen and twenty one at the time, and I have so many people that say, well, they could have just left.
Speaker 2: That's why I want us to I want to say that today I was really looking forward to coming here with the two of you, because I was very bothered by the comments that I see on why didn't they just leave? And that's really just a lot of nothing against people. I'm happy they don't know this life. I'm happy they don't understand it, but it's just ignorance and it's being uneducated about this type of thing. So I hope that it clears up some things on why people stay, because when something like that happens to them, their self worth is so far gone, like so gone. That's why nobody is born and they're going to say, I'm going to go be a prostitute, I'm going to go be on drugs, I'm going to go be a stripper and have to like sell myself to people. Something is taken from them at an age. So I mean, I read about it, look look into it before you judge Cassie on why she stayed. But what I want to know is when was she released by him? Because at what point was she just on? Yeah, That's what I want to know.
Speaker 3: And when I'm guessing I don't know this, I'm guessing the video played a part in it, because now there was some leverage this video get released.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, the video wasn't twenty four so correct?
Speaker 3: But the twenty million? What was that for? What incident was that she filed that.
Speaker 2: She has far gone out of the bled.
Speaker 1: A civil case against him before the video came out. He settled it within twenty four hours?
Speaker 3: Right? But don't you think her attorney. I don't know what got her to go to attorney if she knew there was video or not, And I could be totally off. But if she knew there was video that existed part of this and she if she went to an attorney and attorney's like, I got this video and then that solved it in twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: I have a theory. I might have one. When did she start? When did she this guy that she's with now her husband? Her husband? When did he come into the picture? Was that around the time that she called and she said, I want compensation for this?
Speaker 3: I you know, I don't know, like he like he encouraged her, like now they're together.
Speaker 2: So I feel like because I have a friend who once dated this guy. And then she started to say to like the guy was very jealous of her past relationship. And then she told him an incident that had happened. One incident I forget whatever it was she had said to him, and he's like, you need to press charges now, and he forced her to press charges when she wouldn't have. She had just had moved on from this relationship, and out of nowhere, this guy that she was dating gets like a restraining order in the mail or some shit. And it was all because the guy she had now started dating wanted her to do something about it.
Speaker 1: I feel like, so you're saying that maybe having a good relationship with her husband and him encouraging her to come forward was the reason why she did it.
Speaker 2: The time I'm saying it was a good relationship, I'm saying like this guy made her maybe possibly do I have to find before I say anything else and sound like a fucking total idiot. I'd like to know the timeline up when she met him, who she's with now, and then she married and when she filed that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would just since we've talked about Meninda so much, and there was always issues with that people had With the Meninda's case, one it was they were eighteen and twenty one, why didn't they just leave?
Speaker 2: And also why.
Speaker 1: Didn't they Originally in the very beginning to talk about the abuse. The abuse allegations didn't come out till later after the fact, but it is exactly the same thing that's happened with Cassie. So I'm saying, if you're a proponent of Cassie and you understand the trauma bonding, and you understand why she didn't speak out, I understand why she didn't leave when she should have. Or when you understand all of that, you can apply that same logic to the.
Speaker 2: Brothers who were abused by their father. These are kids who apparently went to their mother, their own mother told them to shut up about it. I think the biggest problem most people had back when, and it was a different world back then when it happened, was that they up right. But also because of the money they spent in the partying that went on did not help them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, after the deaths.
Speaker 2: After the death they went on to party and spend money and do all these things.
Speaker 3: It's a good role with them to wait two months before you throw big parties at correct.
Speaker 2: So and you know, I still don't care what they did, how they did it, if their father did that to them, I don't care that they killed them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, And also when you talk about the spendings free. I think that the media harped on it so much it just made them look like these rich, entitled kids just wanted to get rid of their parents so that they could spend their money.
Speaker 2: And no one wanted to hear why they did it.
Speaker 1: If you look at it from a different perspective and say they were abused and control for so long, free and they were probably trying the first time they had any freedom in their life, and that's why they did.
Speaker 3: They were celebrating happiness. So now we can do this. Now we can do that. Now we can, you know, go meet people and get out of the house.
Speaker 2: My heart goes out to them, right for what they want?
Speaker 1: A little update on my nitas because we didn't do this at the top of the show, but they did. They have been recent and so they went through their recentsing hearing the judge did resentence them, and so they are eligible for parole. So that is the next step. They will go before a parole board. And we are actually we've been talking about this for months and months and months and ever since Monsters came out.
Speaker 2: Of whether they were going to be released or not, and we are now on like the tip of the ice. I don't know what I don't I'm not sure what it is. I think there's a date for it, and I can't remember off the top of my head. But they will go before the parole board. Well I hope they get released, but I think they've done their time. They've paid, you know, to do the time you pay? The wait, what was it up? Do the crime? You pay? The time? Was it barretta? This song from Baratta? But whoever doesn't know that that's an old cop show. But you know, for me, you know, and as you both know, if you're going in front of a parole board, the most important thing is to show remorse. So I hope that they can show the remorse that's needed, show that they've done their time and they've learned their lesson. That's another thing that you have to show when you come in front of the parole board. And I hope that they can convince the board to finally release them.
Speaker 1: So we'll follow that and let you know. But anyway, thank you guys so much for listening to Legally Brunette. We hope you enjoyed the episode, and thanks the Louris for being here.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me. I enjoy this by the way, thank you, thank you. And I enjoyed the two of you so much. Thank you.