Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is DJ Envy just hilarious, Charlamage the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Laila Roses here as.
Speaker 2: Well, and we got a special guest.
Speaker 1: In the building.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed you know her from.
Speaker 2: Real Housewives of Atlanta, Ladies and Gentlemen, Drusidora.
Speaker 3: Welcome SNA Morning, y'all. I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 4: I actually have been in New York for a couple of days, so the city's been showing me love.
Speaker 3: I'm not tired, I'm awake. I'm here with y'all.
Speaker 1: How's your energy?
Speaker 3: How's my energy is better?
Speaker 4: You know, I've been going through a lot, but I feel like where y'all have seen me for the past what two years, I'm definitely in a more heeled place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when did you get to that place?
Speaker 4: Honestly, honestly, working on my album was like my therapy. So I think that just being able to get all of those emotions out and just do something productive and put it all on paper and leave it there, that was a big part of, you know, my healing journey for.
Speaker 2: Breaking down for people that don't know what you're talking about, because lot of people might not watch the Housewives of Atlanta. Yeah, she was on Housewives Atlanta. You got a divorce of separation.
Speaker 4: It's not official yet, separation going through through the bust, which is a weird.
Speaker 2: Separation because he lives in the basement. Yes, and you live upstairs. Yes, and you're not allowed downstairs.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: And he's been there first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's not allowed to come upstairs unless like grandom access. It's just like, I've never heard of this, Like I don't know anybody else that I can say, how did you deal with this? You know, I've never heard of this, and I did not know that would ever be something the judge would rule on. So it makes it extra complicated. It's already hard enough. Divorce is already tough enough, but you know, to run into each other in the driveway or you know what I mean, Like it's a lot you have no idea. Well, how did it even come to that point that who said that this how it should be? Like, because we I've never heard of that. Did he say I want to live and I want to remain in the house, and like, how did that happen? He was basically like, I'm not leaving the kid's attorneys were like, yeah, he's not going to leave the premises, and so have you seen that movie War of.
Speaker 3: The World, Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, it's like that in real life, you know, where it's it's the asset in the marriage.
Speaker 3: And so what I've been learning through this.
Speaker 4: Process is like, you know, it's love and it's like pure bliss, and we built this beautiful family and we're building legacy, and then all of a sudden we're going through a divorce and now it's all business.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, a.
Speaker 4: Negotiation of so the asset being the house, it's a big deal, you know, and so I would love to just split everything like a fifty to fifty, keep it simple and we can be done. But he's like, I want everything. I want the house, I want forty percent of your business that I've had since two thousand and five's my company, you know, and he's coming for that.
Speaker 3: And it's it's just how.
Speaker 1: Did y'all get there? What started the separation?
Speaker 2: People assumed it was cheating, people assumed it was so many different things.
Speaker 1: How did y'all get there? Let's go, girl, I just show.
Speaker 3: House when.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, so you know everything, so you watched it like people, right, So a lot. So we lived in Chicago and from Chicago originally born to raise and we lived there for some time.
Speaker 3: And it was a lot of women. You know, it was a lot of.
Speaker 4: Women, you know, the whole finding things in your phone or I got family, like it's family. Everybody knows we live here. People seeing you out, sir at dinner with women. So it was a lot of that.
Speaker 3: I did at one.
Speaker 5: Point, excuse me, why can't you let him and his women be wow.
Speaker 3: Questions?
Speaker 6: You know what A first I thought it was because he just don't watch the show. And I'm like, oh, no, he's trying to get her. Aren't you from South Carolina?
Speaker 3: Cousins?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: He I think from oh yeah, going Oh, but you know, he got a lot of cousins, you remember, because of who on the show?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, don't you don't know?
Speaker 1: Oh you did see that was the.
Speaker 2: Chicago you found up. But then you moved to Atlanta and gave them.
Speaker 4: I did you know, because let me tell you. So, my parents were married for sixty years till my dad passed away. So I grew up in a household you know where I saw people choose each other every day fight make up.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: That was just what I saw. So that's what I wanted for myself. So when I got married, it was like, this is what we go through. We're going to talk about it, communicate and move forward. So yes, I did forgive him. We moved to Atlanta and he left and went to Tampa for three days.
Speaker 3: Everyone saw that on national TV.
Speaker 4: But it was it was embarrassing, you know what I mean, like you leave your family and you don't tell us where you went. And it was more so because it was public, you know, and and humiliation and embarrassment.
Speaker 3: And I think that was tough, was it for you? I mean, it was that. And it was just a.
Speaker 4: Continuous, you know, continuous behavior of like dealing with other women and then coming on the show, and then there was women saying, oh they were pregnant. It was a particular woman who reached out and said she was pregnant with his baby, and that was a big That was a big thing. That was probably one of the biggest straws. And then it was the disrespect of my mom, you know, of my family, the disrespect of my son, Jojo, my fourteen year old. So it was just very layered, and finally he moved out of the bedroom. So we separated. And we were separated at the time, so it was a huge separation. We were trying to repair things, but ultimately it just wasn't able.
Speaker 3: To be repaired.
Speaker 1: I thought you cheated.
Speaker 3: Well that's that's what he says.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: It was almost like, oh, she's hanging out and having fun. Oh, this is my moment, you know, and now it flipped to like a victim mentality when that really wasn't what it was.
Speaker 1: It was a girl.
Speaker 3: Oh well they thought that before this month.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, but I heard you talk about it on Carlos King and that was my first time actually hearing you explain.
Speaker 3: It the way you did.
Speaker 6: So he had alleged that you were dating a woman at the time and that's who you were cheating, and you said at the time you were going through so much with him that you would have taken attention from a Carborard box that please talk about.
Speaker 3: What is the matter with you, girl? Lloyd? Just the comic relief of the situation that you need.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, I wouldn't I wouldn't say there was eating you know, we we were hanging out that's that's still my girl to this day.
Speaker 3: Like we're still friends. But I think it was extra sauce placed on it.
Speaker 4: I will say, Okay, flirting, yeah, like I'll be honest about that, a little nibbled on some food we went to dinner. We was eating at the dinner table. But all of the extra stuff. I mean, you have to really watch the show and know.
Speaker 3: Who Ralph is.
Speaker 4: He is very much a narcissist and that's who I married, That's who I chose to love. But at the end of the day, what happened happened. People have actually witnessed it. The disrespect so to say, Okay, I'm hanging with this woman and now it's a relationship that just came out of nowhere. There was never any evidence, where's a receipt. Like, you know, people can say things, doesn't make it true. People say things about you. You know, is everything true?
Speaker 3: Not everything everything?
Speaker 5: But listen, how do you balance healing in private when your pain is being monetized on reality TV?
Speaker 4: Honestly, you know, that time that we did not come right back on the show, I was actually grateful because that was the time I took just to self, Like I spent my time alone. You know, I just completely shut down and I did a lot of praying, and like I said, honestly, people may not have understood why I said Dennis was my angel on Earth.
Speaker 3: But really it was.
Speaker 4: I was very grateful because it was a blessing at that time to have somewhere to go a lot of times like I didn't want to wake up out and get out the bed. It's like you just don't feel productive, like overwhelmed. Depression is real. So it was just knowing that I have people supporting me, believing in me, and a rooting for me, and I had to.
Speaker 3: Show up, you know, for that.
Speaker 4: And when I got to the studios like okay, I made it, you know, and then being able to compile all this this body of work and have a productive outlet, like I said, it was exactly what I needed to get me to the other side where I.
Speaker 6: Am now looking back, because your project is here, the music is here. But looking back on it, you brought up the Dennist Angel on Earth comment and that the people had conversations about that for a while.
Speaker 3: I know, it's.
Speaker 2: Crazy, Grimy, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: You look shady.
Speaker 2: When when it first came out because it came out that you were working with Porsches porschess Yes, what out.
Speaker 3: A didentist is out here? Yes, the shock for me, it's the conversation.
Speaker 2: Now this is and it wass soon. You did it behind Porsches back, without having without talking.
Speaker 3: But that wasn't it happened like that. See there we go. See we gotta talk about it. That's not how it happened.
Speaker 4: So actually, you know this is during the time Porsche was living her African princess life.
Speaker 3: Saw what she was. She was in Nigeria.
Speaker 4: She wasn't checking for her girls. You know, I was calling her. So on the record, I called Porscha a bunch of times. Work with Dennis, Yes, Like why wouldn't I Dennis had been reaching out for years, like come be an ambassador for Naya.
Speaker 3: Let's you know.
Speaker 4: It was like no, no, no, But because of what I was going through, this is my selfish season, okay. And the music was good because I was like Dennis I talks music like I was confused like everybody else, right I was, But when he sent my team the music, it was like this is really good, Like I.
Speaker 3: Need to do this music. That's how it felt for me.
Speaker 4: So when I was calling her and I was texting her, I have the receipts, show them a reunion. I was like, girl, I need to talk to you like it's really really important.
Speaker 3: Bunch of techs. She wanted responding to you, girl, like at all crickets.
Speaker 4: So when she did come back and we did talk, we were in the studio Dennis. We'll be talking to her and she's like, send me some songs. She's like, oh, this is my favorite song. This is my favorite song. So I'm like, okay, Porsche. He told me he had a conversation, so she's cool. We talked two weeks before we started filming and she was like, yes, girl, I know we're going through our divorces, need to get together.
Speaker 3: I love the music.
Speaker 4: I was like okay, because you know, I wanted to make sure like we're all family. It's all yes, girl, I know, like it's all good. Let's hang out a week before we film. Oh sorry, didn't come to your birthday party, girl, but let's turn up tonight. You, me and Yandy, let's go out for that was the energy. So we go to Shamia's birthday party. That's why I was so libergasted.
Speaker 1: He said it was a different story.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 1: So when the cameras came on.
Speaker 3: A different it was like a light switch.
Speaker 4: It was like, why didn't Dennis tell her that he did it? Because she knew and she never denied it. But if you notice, when we were at Shamia's party, it was like, I'm mad at you because you're working with Dennis. Then it switched to well, you're filming with Dennis, and then it was like a go naked thing. So I was not clear on why she was upset and what the real beef was. But as you've seen the season, I just see, you know, the fans are smart, like shout out to the fans because they're seeing like, no, you know, we kind of catching her up in some lives here, that's not actually how it happened. And it's seeming more like deflection because you can't talk about a certain person. So she chose to talk about me, you know, because she couldn't, and she said that she couldn't talk.
Speaker 1: She did it for the cameras.
Speaker 4: You need story, but I mean you need to have things going on in your personal life, Like why is everything about what.
Speaker 3: I got going on?
Speaker 5: I don't understand on this It's hard to watch sometimes because you don't know if it's real shade, if it's real smoke, or if it's just a storyline.
Speaker 3: No, everything I do is real.
Speaker 4: I came on the show and an achilles rupture boot Like I came on the show limping, like, that's not how I want to come on. I want to come in with my like a little bittons, you know, and be fabulous. And I wanted to show black love and marriage and all the beauty and all that that's I didn't want to show this. So everything that I've shown has just been my real life. I've not ever produced anything or tried to give a storyline because like I've been working since I was eight years old.
Speaker 3: I don't need to put on for cameras. That's not me.
Speaker 4: Some people may like, that's what some people may do. And I feel like in this situation, instead of Porsche opening up about like her real feelings without talking about that particular person, she didn't need to deflect it and make me her punging back. I think that was probably the most hurtful part, because like, I'm going through a lot too.
Speaker 2: The Juy have in a real conversation because it made you look crazy to the public at first when she got on there and says, you're supposed to be my friend, but you work on my ex and I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Did you have a conversation? After that?
Speaker 3: We did, We had to sit down. It didn't go very well. Which one are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Because the NATA well to sit down when she walked out when we were drinking tea, it escalated, So it wasn't really like true resolve. But yeah, no, it's it's like Porscha is not the person as you have seen that will communicate. You know, she's going to get up and walk away. She's going to cover with all of this happiness like she got it and that's not real. And I just I think everyone was anticipating her to come back this season and was excited, but ultimately she couldn't deliver on the story that we thought we were getting, you know, we thought we were getting Miscawadia and she couldn't bring that.
Speaker 5: Oh so you don't think PA's been delivering this season?
Speaker 4: I mean, that's just what I feel, you know, that's my personal opinion is that this wasn't a real beef.
Speaker 3: So then what are we talking about. Let's talk about something real, you get.
Speaker 4: You know, two women together who are strong, who are bosses in their own right, have a conversation. We're not going to agree on everything, but we don't need to make this the whole thing. We're talking about for the whole season, me and Dennis the whole season.
Speaker 5: That That's why, in a lot of ways, I hate reality because they will monetize your trauma for pain, like what you might be going through with your divorce or what emoture might be going through. It's just like damn. And then if they can't get that, they just want to pitch y'all against each other.
Speaker 3: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: What's the point of doing?
Speaker 4: That's how I feel like we're both going through a divorce. We could be talking about that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: It really comes.
Speaker 4: Everything doesn't have to be like a moment. And I think you know, you see some girls that come on the show and it's just like I need a moment, let me just say something to go viral or whatever, and it's like, no, just be yourself. And I think that's also how I've been able to be on now for four seasons and that's just what I've learned because there's been a lot of cash shakeups. Like I don't even know how I'm still here because it's been people that are that we're here, been here for a long time in or no longer here. But what I've learned from the ogs that have poured into me is just be yourself, you know, and the story will tell itself.
Speaker 1: So I just want tother question. So you're not with her go naked hairline?
Speaker 3: I literally was about to ask, so that's not go naked hair this right now? Yes? No, this looks good.
Speaker 2: The hair that.
Speaker 4: I was wearing in the sit down where you saw the bangs, that that that's I warren in real time because when you put it through a one two edit, how I made it look it looked great. But in person y'all saw it, right, That's how that was go naked there?
Speaker 3: So are you an ambassador forked?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no no no no. I have a great vendor. She's melted. We're good.
Speaker 5: So you don't like go naked head, is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: I mean it just didn't work for me. Per se.
Speaker 4: When you go to bleach blonded, it just it did something that wasn't right.
Speaker 6: Would you have said that prior to all this dinnist stuff, because I thought you.
Speaker 3: Were so it was it was like a good partnership.
Speaker 6: It was in the beginning of the season you said you thought you were doing numbers for Go Naked.
Speaker 3: I did do numbers. I did do numbers. That's why.
Speaker 4: Well, I just believe like as black women, we support each other. Right, If you're my girl, I'm gonna support you. We have a great working relationship. It was fun, you know, fun to work with her at that time. And if that's your friend, you're gonna hold your friend down. But it was just when all of this started to happen, it just became corny to me, you know. So I'm like, okay, well, now since we're gonna you're gonna drag me, Well, I'm gonna speak my truth then, because the truth is like I had your back, but if you don't have my back, now it's fair game.
Speaker 5: You think the show?
Speaker 3: You said, all right, let me be honest about this. Yeah, I'll be honest. Now, Okay, I would rather goneck get than to wear that hair.
Speaker 5: Game. You think the show would still be interesting if if you a portion weren't beefing or like tension just part of the paycheck. Now.
Speaker 3: I mean I came on the show.
Speaker 4: Let me make it clear, because I've been an actress since I was literally like in.
Speaker 3: Grade school, right.
Speaker 4: So I made a decision because I was like, you know what, people know me from this role.
Speaker 3: They may not like me from this role or that role or that movie or whatever. I fell going through COVID.
Speaker 4: It was just an opportunity to be more vulnerable and let the fans really get to know me and see me as a mother and a wife and a friend and a sister, like I'm so many other things, and I wanted to show that, and so that was the reason for me joining the show.
Speaker 3: It wasn't to do anything.
Speaker 4: But just hopefully inspire other people going through what I'm dealing with and connecting that way. So it wasn't to show what is happening like that was opposite of what I wanted to represent on this platform. So I've never subscribed to let's do this for a moment, you know, let's do this for storyline. I actually feel like when we used to watch Housewives and when it was nostalgic was because it was a group of women who were really friends, and when you saw them fall out, it was because I'm fighting you because I love you and I know you can be better.
Speaker 3: You can do so much more.
Speaker 4: So that was where the beefs came, and then they were able to resolve and move forward. And I feel like here sometimes they just want to kill you off, you know, they want to.
Speaker 3: Just like go below the bell. It was like dang, like do you like me or not?
Speaker 4: Like what are we building or not? And so that's what I would like to see the show get back to. And I think this season overall it was refreshing. It wasn't dark, you know, as some of the fans have said, like they felt like the show was going dark.
Speaker 3: So I think we're moving towards a more pot place.
Speaker 1: You know, I agree with that.
Speaker 5: But so so like if you do an interview like now you do, you're a little shady. So the gold naked hairline a lot of shady, right, you want that kind of put fuel on the fire.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean when you have to wake up and see people dragging you constantly, and I'm the type of person that'll just be like, okay, all right, you know, and after so long I think now it's like I got to start standing for me because for so long I have protected my husband, I have protected my friends. You know, people don't really hear from Drew too much. I do my job and I go to work. You know, I'm the girl that just that just works. I have three children, I'm going through a divorce, and whether whether I'm on Housewives or a movie or whatever, I'm just working. But now it's just gotten disrespectful where it's like, okay, you know you want to throw your shade.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I'm gonna speak my truth, and if it's shady, the truth heard sometimes.
Speaker 5: So you're talking about where what Porscha said, you was having sex with somebody, sleeping with somebody.
Speaker 3: She said so many things to take it out.
Speaker 1: What the guy's name?
Speaker 3: The past present?
Speaker 4: Oh well we were talking about her. Oh she was dating the past present, but they believed it. But present you feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got you you got you, got you got.
Speaker 4: So you don't see it resolved for you and this girl at all. You're on Porsche, you don't at all because you said you want to see the show get back to you know what that was where it used to be women were able to have their arguments, go through it, talk it out, and then they're cool. You know what I mean, you don't ever see you on Porsche like, you know what, let's just put all this shit behind us because it didn't get crazy. It did, but all right, we're women, we both bosses. We like, yeah, you don't see that.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 4: In certain cases it's hard to come back from certain things and just putting out falsities. That's like damaging to my character, to me as a person. You know, I have kids, So I just feel like the line has been crossed one too many times. However, I feel like, you know, if there's an opportunity to have a real conversation and it may not happen on camera, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean yeah, I mean off camera.
Speaker 4: I'm really big on like resolution, I'm really big on gaining understanding and like moving forward. So if it is an opportunity that presents itself, I would be open to that. But it hasn't happened, and it's it's a year now.
Speaker 2: You know, how do you do with the mental because you know, they attack you a lot, right, they attack Uh, they come for you.
Speaker 6: That the Michael Jordan's Michael Jordan thing with him being your cousin, Is he your cousin or not?
Speaker 3: That was that was clearly a joke.
Speaker 4: I'm like, my maiden is Drew Jordan, but I'm from Chicago and everybody in Chicago wanted.
Speaker 3: To be related to Michael Jordan, so we actually had the last name.
Speaker 4: Jordan's were like, oh yeah, that's like the whole time, Like my brother in law's Craig Hodges in real life. So go into the games is like, where is your cousin at right?
Speaker 3: Exactly leg because it's.
Speaker 6: That I feel like they come for your outfits, they be trying to comfort, they come for everything, and so.
Speaker 4: I'm just supposed to take it like it's only so much a person can take where it's like, hold on, look, I'm from Chicago.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day. Now when I start firing, it's like, oh my god, Drew, Oh she did some shade. Oh there, so me, And.
Speaker 4: It's like, no, this is who I am, and this is what happens when you poke the bear over and over and over again. But no, like, my mom is on a Facebook group the Michael Jordan Family Tree, and it's.
Speaker 3: Thousands of people in that chat. She's on their first since our little girl, trying to connect it. I was like, I want a cousin that. I think that the.
Speaker 4: Nieces can relate it to my friend and Don my mam will want to be related. We all want to So it was clearly a joke.
Speaker 6: Then Joe created so many deep dives of trying to figure out your.
Speaker 3: Faily, right.
Speaker 5: I want to ask some questions about Judrew you been you have you know, you've been in this game since you were a kid. How do you think Hollywood's perception of you has changed? And how is your own perception of yourself changed? Oh? Good?
Speaker 4: Well, you know I feel like on the side of like the theatrical, you know, TV and film, I'm proud of what I've been able to accomplish, you know, in my career. Sometimes I don't reflect enough and like, wow, you know, I've been able to work with some amazing actors and some amazing projects and tell some amazing stories. But the Game, it's like, that's one project that I just feel like the public perceives me in that way and I can't shake it.
Speaker 3: And it's like what decade is in a decade?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I still see the comments to this day, which is saying, Okay, this was obviously something really big and a part of the culture.
Speaker 3: But I did see a hashtag.
Speaker 4: Where it was like hashtag canceled the Juice Door hate, and I just want to say, can we.
Speaker 3: Do that please?
Speaker 4: Like, at the end of the day, this has gone on too long. Drwin lied to Juice of Door, Like do we not all watch the same show? You feel like they hit carried from there almost definitely. Like I see the comments, I'm like wow, And I've met people that's like, Ooh, I'm mad at you cause you broke up med school and I'm like, you know, Tia, was Mary, you know Booch, you like as a whole family. But people were very invested in the show. And I just think that's a perception people have of me, you know, despite all the various roles I've played, which is why I did join the show to try to change that narrative. And I think for myself, yes, perception of self is I have so many things I want to do. I want to do Broadway, I want to direct, I produced my first film, and continue to open the door for other young talent coming up. And so that's where I'm moving into of my contribution stage in life and wanting to really see others win as well in this business. I think the thing with the game was right. Everybody else had fictional names, but you really went on there is Drew Sodora like you. Why was that shout out Tomorrow Rocky Hill shout out? I'm oh nice, I love that woman, you know. Actually, So the story behind that is I booked Girlfriends. I did an episode of Girlfriends, and when I went on set, she remembered meeting me. Come into my home because my sister, Allison is my my manager since I was like eight years old, and so she came to the house to meet my sister. My sister was a writer on Amen Rock Martin worked from Morris Agency. Yeah, like like og Wright, And so she came to my sister's house to see if she would share her rolodecks because she was moving to Los Angeles to become a producer. And she's like, Drew, when you were eight, you were running around the house talking about I'm going to be an actress and a sayinger, and she's like, and you really like stuck with it. And so for that reason, let's talk about some bigger things. So she wrote me in the show the game. So that's how it came to be, And it was really like an honor because I'm like, you got to be like a list right to play yourself. So to have the opportunity, I was like, Wow, I want to showcase my music. I think that was one of the first times that people to notice to me as an actual musical artist.
Speaker 5: Luthamar let me, do you ever feel like people will underestimate your arrange because they know you more from Real Housewives Now than like your acting career?
Speaker 6: Are a music corect even on the show that was then that was a narrative on the show when you first came on the show, they were really playing with your IMDb.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I think that you get placed in a box, just even just let's say African Americans and the arts as a whole, we get placed in boxes really easily stereotyped that exists, and for me joining the show wanting to show in my real life now, it kind of took away from my actual skill, my passion, which is you know, music and acting. So for me it was important to balance it, which is why you know, on off season I go to la and really, you know, you have to get in people's faces and remind them, like here, I am continuing in my acting classes just to keep showing myself approved because it's always changing. It's extremely competitive, and I think the industry has changed a lot where it used to be and not in all cases, but it is this now and it exists.
Speaker 3: They look at numbers two, so you might be.
Speaker 4: I've had producers directors say you were the better actress, but this person had more followers no than you. And so it's a balance now of talent as well as marketing yourself and being more appealing to buyers.
Speaker 6: Well you got I did it to me. Your music is out and I watched you said that your music was like you're healing when you were going through the divorce because you were in such a dark place. What song on your album was like when you hear it, now, get tearful, It takes you there, it's your favorite.
Speaker 3: It's two definitely I did it to me and love for a minute with Sierra. Shout out to Sierra Gates. She came and get laid like a eight bar a little situation. Yeah, Russell Wilson, Sierra.
Speaker 4: Speaking, she was rapping and that's a lot of people don't know she came in. But it's a very emotional record. And that was the record that actually Dennis and I were in the studio and it was like really emotional. He was over there crying about Portia and I was in there having my moment. But it is it's an emotional record. But I did it to me as very representative of the project because it's about taking accountability. And that's why I love that record because I could sit here and share, you know, with you guys all the things that my ex did right that weren't right. But it gets tiring after a while to keep blaming everything on the other person. So for me, it's like, no, I played a part. You know, there were things I could have done better if I'm being honest, And so that's what the song is saying, like look in the mirror. It's not easy to do, you know, but you gotta sometimes look at yourself and say, Okay, yeah I made a mistake here.
Speaker 3: There and I could have been better, and then grow from that. What do you let him know that I have Actually I have.
Speaker 4: We have had conversations, you know, before we go to court because when you go to court, that's when everything blows back up. But we've had conversations where we have stated, you know, we understand our differences now and I can say, well, I could have done this better, and he has said it, you know, and apologize in some areas, and yeah, like we're humans and just being more gentle with ourselves and just forgiving each other doesn't erase everything and every pain that we cause. But yeah, we can be honest and say, you know, I wasn't perfect.
Speaker 3: I can say that now.
Speaker 2: You've been in the business for since a child, right, Yeah, what's the most cut throat part?
Speaker 1: Is it Hollywood? Is it Reality TV? Or the music?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's a hard one, oh man.
Speaker 4: I mean I've been able to have a consistent career, like with acting, even though joining the reality show to what you were saying, Charlotte, and like I've been able to now create a space where I did like five movies you know, last year, and I'm very proud of that. So I feel like the acting world has allowed me back in, you know, So reality or music? I feel like music because I'm still trying to knock down this wall, but because they look.
Speaker 2: At just taking your talent because you can sing, So it's taking that talent away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 4: And it's a constant proving which is fine. Like I never get to a point where I feel like entitled or like I should have certain things. I feel like it's important to keep working on your craft and and just do the work. Put your head down and do the work so that way when the opportunity comes, you know, I'm prepared. And that's just really what I've been doing. So even though I havn't knocked down that door, I feel like having a project out is monumental for me. It doing as well as it's doing almost gold and streams, which is unbelievable to me, without like a lot a lot of marketing. It's just really grassroots word of mouth, and now getting out there and performing is next for me. So I'm just still on that journey of like really making it happen for myself in music question.
Speaker 5: Was the a moment where you felt like reality TV saved you? And was there a time where you felt like it broke you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would definitely say Because people try to say, Okay, reality TV breaks up a lot of marriages and things like that, I can't say, I blame my fallout of my marriage on it. I feel like what it did do was escalated and put a magnifying glass. And it also held us accountable because you know, you can fight with your spouse and be like, okay, you know what, I'm not even gonna say nothing. We're just gonna roll past this, or we're gonna put a band aid, or we're gonna talk about it in private or not talk about it at all. But when you're do it on cameras, now you gotta talk about it and you have to go into counseling and they really hold you accountable. So I think for us, it made us more responsible and understanding like this probably isn't meant to be. So I think it saved me from dedicating my life to twenty years in this marriage and then it being over. We both have said that we believe that it wouldn't have lasted. Yeah, So I think in that regards, it did save me, you know, to be able to get to this place and I'm my person, because I think my person is still out there. You know, I'm not jaded or bitter. And then did it break me? Oh yeah, because I mean this was my biggest storm, Like depression is real, mental health is real. Like you never know your breaking points, and I can honestly say, like I reached that, I completely lost myself, I lost my voice in this marriage and having it play out on national TV, it was overwhelming. It was overwhelming because you're living it a few times, you're filming it, and then you're watching it. That's like, can you imagine that we relived in our head?
Speaker 2: And an embarrassment because usually if there's a problem in your marriage is at home, but now you are the whole world has an opinion. The whole world is even a common and they don't know what's sure or what's not, but.
Speaker 1: They just have an opinion.
Speaker 6: And every time I watch your interviews, You're breaking down in a interviews every single time, and I'm wondering, like, why put more stuff out there?
Speaker 3: Like Michael B. Jordan, have you spoke to him since the Carlos King interview? Oh my god, that was.
Speaker 2: A big.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 6: In Carlos King's interview, Carlos King asked her who's one of the most like famous people she's dated, and she mentioned that she used to date Michael B. Jordan back in the day and that was everywhere. I'm like, WHOA, she'd just be volunteering the influence.
Speaker 3: Why you asked a question?
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, not even a little bit.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm an open book and I just try to always remain that way because I think it's important to talk about your life and open up.
Speaker 3: I make that choice.
Speaker 4: I made that choice when I join reality TV because I feel like it's important for people to see you as a human being, you know, and I feel like other people can see you as a real person.
Speaker 3: And no, okay, you know, everything's not perfect in my world.
Speaker 4: I may overspeak or say too much or shade or whatever, but this is who I am and I'm unapologetically me. But yeah, I was asked the questions, so I answered it, and he asked me on a date to attend the NAACP Awards.
Speaker 3: It was probably like two thousand and maybe six, when he was like still on the soap operas and I met his mom and stuff. It was cool.
Speaker 4: We went down a couple of days. No, there was no like intimacy on the record, but still he was very very sweet guy, very very sweet, and he's been super successful. But yeah, that's my truth and it happened.
Speaker 5: You know, this is my last question. With all the healing that you've gotten, right and what you know now, if you could go back and whisper something to yourself during the hardest moment of your marriage, what would you say.
Speaker 3: The hardest part of my marriage.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 4: It was a couple of things, but for sure Ralph moving out of the bedroom. You know that it felt like abandonment, you know what I mean. It's different to like go sleep separately and just but him making the decision to move out when instead of fighting, Because people don't stay married forever without waking up every day and choosing each other.
Speaker 3: So when the person wakes up and doesn't choose you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, h we appreciate you for joining us. Let's get Andrew, let's get into your single. We're gonna play your single right now.
Speaker 1: What you want to hear? Oh?
Speaker 3: I know right. I was like, let's wake it up, let's wake it up.
Speaker 4: It's early, you know, after you go through all the heartach campaign, you know you gotta get outside.
Speaker 3: And so good Girl, Bad Bitch is uh my next single.
Speaker 1: Good Girl it's the outside record, it is.
Speaker 4: It's my outside record, and that's what the album is. You know, you may cry and fall in love for out of love when you're listening to my album, and this particular song is one that's empowering and getting outside with your girls and just living, you know.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's get to it. It's Juice and Dora. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, wake that ass up in the morning. Breakfast Club.