Speaker 1: I Am All in again. Oh it's you.
Speaker 2: I Am All in Town meeting with Suzanne French and Tara suit An iHeartRadio podcast. Hey guys, welcome back to another episode of I'm All in Town meeting with myself and Suzanne. So hello, We're back from Connecticut. And I was telling Suzanne right before we started, I'm like, i feel like I'm now watching the show. I'm in a different light after being in a small town like mill.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we've been on the actual set at Warner Brothers. But yeah, we've been in the small New England town and now we can like kind of put the two together.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I did a lot of shopping and I was a little worried if anything was going to break. So I like because I bought this really cute trinket tray and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, this better not break because like it was only one.
Speaker 2: It basically was a little trinket tray you put like your rings like jewelry, and it has a lux coffee mug on top, but under it is like it's all pink, Like it's all pink books. I'm like, Luke' is never pink, and pink is very me. So with gladly report it did not break. And also I bought homemade jam and that did not break either, so that's good.
Speaker 4: And it didn't get confiscated.
Speaker 1: So I didn't get confiscated. We're all good.
Speaker 2: I've made it back with all my and then I got home and I was like, wow, I have so many goodies. And I got this book called You've Been Gilmour that has a lot of pop culture references. So it's been fun to kind of like just flip through the season one of that and just see things we may have missed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very cool.
Speaker 2: All right, Well let's start, which I would like to point out.
Speaker 1: The clown pillow is back.
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't even see it.
Speaker 1: I thought something you didn't. Okay, it's in the opening scene.
Speaker 2: Rory is sitting on the couch talking to Laura Lai and it's behind Rory and it's sideways.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, forward facing, it's like on an angle. Okay, but it took me a second.
Speaker 2: It took like the third or fourth time they like put the camera on her for me to see it. But then I rewounded and I'm like, oh, blon pillow there it is. Well that's good.
Speaker 4: So it made it into season two. That's good. I didn't even see it.
Speaker 2: Oh and by the way, we're recapping season two, episode two, Hammers and Veils, which here in October ninth, two thousand and one, which we realized after we did episode one of this season that this aired the same night as episode one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 4: Still it's still like at the end of the school year in story wise, even though the episode aired in October.
Speaker 1: So well, no, it's summer right because no.
Speaker 4: But they're at school signing up for the summer activities.
Speaker 2: It seems like there's like a like it's finals week is coming, like basically, yeah, because Dean mentions like the things they wanted to do this summer.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, there is that scene at Chiltern where they're signing up for their summer activities and then henri Cho gives Rory number to give to Lane. So it's a very very end of the school year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Another thing I noticed in the opening scene of this episode was there's a picture, because I know, I was like noticing like family pictures. One of the pictures is a still from Rory's birthday party episode from season one that they framed and put on the table.
Speaker 1: Oh, so I thought it was cute.
Speaker 2: And then there's another picture that's Laura lies like her picture they use. I think, I want to say it's episode one when there's a picture of her as a little girl, and then it zooms out and it's the outside of the house.
Speaker 4: She's wearing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so that's in there too.
Speaker 2: But I noticed like they framed us still from that birthday episodes, so I thought that was that's cute.
Speaker 4: I know there's another episod so I can't remember where in the seven seasons it was, but there's sometimes where there's also on the end table by the couch, there's a picture of Suki and Jackson.
Speaker 1: Together, which is oh funny.
Speaker 4: I have a picture of them on her Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's what I had from the opening episodes. Well, I guess I just to quickly go over, what did you did you like the episode?
Speaker 4: I liked it. I always like an episode with a big town event, so I loved the party. It just was fun to look at all the giant piles of presents and so much pink. There was so much pink.
Speaker 1: There was so much pink.
Speaker 2: And then I don't know if you noticed this, but throughout the entire episode, there were a lot of people wearing blue.
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't notice that.
Speaker 2: So Lorali wears the blue shirt when they're at Friday night dinner, and then Rory and Dean together at the party are wearing blue, and then like the there was just a lot of I was like, was it like blue, like like a.
Speaker 1: Blue day like?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but maybe it was a contrast, but it wasn't even in the party scene, because there were people like the in the town wearing blue as well with all the pink, but just in general, I was like, why is there so much blue?
Speaker 1: Because I well, it started with.
Speaker 2: Me thinking the blue that Lorala I was wearing is a very pretty blue.
Speaker 1: That's how it started.
Speaker 2: And then I'm like, a Dean's wearing this nice blue shirt.
Speaker 1: Now Rory's wearing a blue dress. I was like, why the blue?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, it looks good on camera.
Speaker 1: I guess it does. It does.
Speaker 4: The one thing that really stuck out to me near the beginning of the episode in that scene where they're at Chilton, was Louise in a wig.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was in my notes because I watched it kind of late last night. And I was kind of tired, and I was like, did I miss something like is she wearing a wig? Like? And then I wanted to go back to the previous episode, but again I was so tired. I was like, I'm not going to scroll back and find her. But it was a wig, right, it was a whig because this was not a good one.
Speaker 4: No, it was pretty obvious. Yeah, this was the time that when the actress was shooting double teamed for Disney.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she cut her hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she had black hair in that movie, so she had to cover up the black hair like Louise doesn't have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know she was in that movie and I completely forgot that it was during that time.
Speaker 1: But the whole time I'm watching this scene in the hallway, I'm like, why is she wearing a wig?
Speaker 2: And it's such a it's such a bad wig too, Like it was too like poofy it it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it like you could tell her was like not attached to her head like it.
Speaker 1: And they put a clip in it too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I noticed that.
Speaker 2: I was got distracted by the stuff on the menu and Luke's Diner. Oh and there's something that's apparently on sale called a finger white cake, finger white cake, and I literally thought I was reading it incorrectly. So I paused the episode and I googled finger white cake. And the first thing that comes up, and I kid you not, the first thing is someone on Twitter said, what is finger white cake? And why does Luke have so much trouble selling it? And then there's an entire Reddit thread about specials at Luke's and their prices, and they noted the same thing where it's like the finger white cake is like crossed out with like a cheaper price.
Speaker 4: Was that on the blackboard?
Speaker 1: I don't even worry. Yeah, it's on the blackboard.
Speaker 2: As he's talking, Lorealized sitting and he's standing, and it's on the blackboard. But then when I but then I'm like, what the heck is a finger white cake? It's a It's a white chocolate finger cake. Oh, so the person writing on the board also didn't properly write what the cake was. It's called a finger It's called a white finger cake, not a finger white cake.
Speaker 1: Okay, you don't understand. I was like, Luke would have would or wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't like he did? That sounds too fancy for Luke well also.
Speaker 2: Like just put chocolate cake, like you know what I mean, Like, why are we getting so detailed?
Speaker 1: Because even I sat there, well I thought it.
Speaker 2: I saw it said like burger and whatever else was back there, and then I was like, what the heck is.
Speaker 1: A finger white cake?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I googled it and the person that comes up is literally like two Gilmore Girls reference links, and I was like, okay, so it wasn't just me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna have to go back and look for that because I didn't even notice that.
Speaker 2: You know, I feel like after doing this for a season with you, Susan, I'm like, I'm trying to keep up.
Speaker 4: I was. I felt like I was off my game on this episode because like we just got back and then I got to watch this next episode already.
Speaker 2: Oh, this was like the highlight of my night because I've been so busy this week catching up and so I was like, I have an hour to watch Gilmore Girls and just sit on my couch. I mean, I liked this episode and that I thought everything. The actors were great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was a good episode. And we saw Tom the contractor for the first time. Mm hmm, we don't We're not going to see him again, I think until like season four, season five, I guess after.
Speaker 1: Where do we see him again?
Speaker 4: Well, he works on Luke and Laurel's house after Oh oh, you're right five.
Speaker 1: I think I kind of liked the pink hammer.
Speaker 4: Though, I know that was funny and it was so Laurel. I yeah, I loved it, and Rory was kind of mortified, but she went along.
Speaker 2: Well, part of you was thinking because like, we don't see that much pink and laurelized life. I mean, it's like the whole house is pink. So I kind of liked the touch of the hammer was pink. So we're also going to make the entire party pink and purple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a nice touch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was cute. One thing I saw in the scene where they're outside the house and Rory is leaving to go to this the house building thing and she runs into Dean outside the house and she's like, oh, I can't stay, I gotta, you know, go do this thing. Never like balloons on the house. There was like a red and a yellow balloon on the like just just below the roof, like at the top of the porch, and then it looked like there were some in the trees. Also, it was really weird, like big like large ones like a red and a yellow balloon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that I did not notice.
Speaker 4: I had never noticed it until I watched it last night.
Speaker 1: I'm too busy googling fingerwhite cake.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what was up with that. It was festive, but I don't know why it was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do have to say not like things that we've noticed, but just a general thought on the episode. I I just wish Lorala I would have said something so her, you know what I mean, Like it was this thing where she just and then when she comes back to Emily's house and she kind of like she shows up with the veil and she's like which one.
Speaker 1: It's like, just have the conversation.
Speaker 2: You don't need to put on a show every time, you know what I mean, Like they had this huge blowout fight.
Speaker 1: I mean, mind joy.
Speaker 2: I know that if she called Emily wouldn't answer, so she had to show up.
Speaker 1: But like I wish there wasn't like a.
Speaker 2: Like a song and dance to it, like just walk in the house, be like I want to have a conversation.
Speaker 1: But it's very laurelized.
Speaker 4: I just I wonder if that was because she she felt bad about cutting Emily out, and so maybe she felt like Emily might feel included if she asked her opinion on this element of the wedding. I don't know. Maybe, yeah, I don't know that whole. I don't know it was. I thought that scene though, where they were Lorelai goes over to emily house and they had that confrontation, that was a great scene both though, Yeah, Ela were amazing in that scene, Like the emotion felt genuine. It didn't at all seem like they were actresses in playing. Yeah, they it was genuine emotion.
Speaker 2: It's the first time I think we really I mean, they got into arguments, but that was a pretty big fight that they got into, and they actually like exchange words. It wasn't like ignoring. So yeah, I agree, it was I had chills. And then when she closed the door and she like starts to like tear up, I felt that the only other time we had that little moment from Kelly is when she told Richard to apologize to Rory.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, And I felt like both of them had valid points. I mean, obviously it was extremely hurtful to Emily to be the last person to find out that her daughter is getting married. Yeah. At the same time, I understand why laural I did it, like Emily does crap all over everything that she Yeah, so I thought they both had valid points. So it was just it was a very emotional scene. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I give Laura I so much credit for not snapping at Suki because I would have yeah, Like, and I understand why because Suki it was out of the kindness of her heart. Suki has such a big heart. She's not trying to like be malicious. And but also Suki should use her brain a little bit and be like.
Speaker 1: Hey, you tell your mom.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like, but I give Laura I credit as a human being for just ignoring it and moving.
Speaker 1: Forward, because I would have started a scene.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I probably.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like, I mean, I have friends who are pregnant right now, and it's like they've told me, But I'm not going to tell other people that this person is pregnant, you know, right, It's not my thing to tell.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean, I guess she didn't realize that Emily didn't know.
Speaker 2: Well the old the thing she could have done is have Rory invite Emily Yeah, and then Ror would have known that Emily doesn't know yet, and we could have jumped the gun that way. It would have been way better coming from well, not way better, but it would have been a tad better if it came from Rory in some sense. But Laura I needed anyway. We can go on about that forever. But yeah, I just I was like, damn, Suki, I would have gotten into a fight with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So the other thing that happened in this episode, we see the first red flag with Dean, so he gets a little jealous and possessive. In this episode, you know that Rory has to go do this thing that she committed to. It's gonna help her get into college, and Dean throws a complete hissy fit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's so funny.
Speaker 2: One of our producers Jackie, So I forgot that Jackie joined our show. Jackie, what season was it when you actually started helping us on the show?
Speaker 3: Had season three? My whole watching experience, I watched a year in the life before I even watched the series when it came out because there's so much press about it. And then I never watched Gilmore Girls again. And then I start producing four I am all in, and it was mid season three at three seven, and then.
Speaker 4: Now I'm going one through three, so I went backwards.
Speaker 2: But so what's fun is like Jackie's watching it for the first time as we go week by week, and I literally said in the text, I was like, God, what I would do to watch Gilmore Girls for the first time again? Because she has no idea, Like she knows the kind of what's coming, but there's a lot that happens in this show. She doesn't know everything. And Jackie was just like, man, now I know why people are in Team Dean.
Speaker 1: It was a jerk totally.
Speaker 3: I'm like, but the thing is is like everybody always asks Team Dean, team Jazz, team Logan, but like people do say Team Dean. I'm like, but why. I think he's just so insecure. But again, it's teenage angst, so I guess, yeah, yeah, that's the whole thing. It's teen inks and they don't know how to be in a relationship.
Speaker 2: We had just talked about I'm not gonna go too much into it, but for people listening, you can go back to season two, episode one that Susanne and I did last week. We kind of talked about it and like they're really there, really is a special moment that she had with all the boyfriends, Like personally, I mean, if you know me, I've let's had this million times. I'm teen Jess. Suzanne's team no One. But they all served a purpose in her life. So it's kind of like how life is, but with relationships friendships, like they all come into your life for a reason and a season and yeah.
Speaker 1: But people who like fully commit to Team Dean, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry if you're one of them, but I feel like we have other other better options out here.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was just disappointed at like the level of his anger about it. Like I get that they had broken up and now they're back together and he wants to spend like every moment with her, but I mean, she's got other commitments in her life and he just needs to deal.
Speaker 2: Well, we just came off this like h her grandpa yelling at him, like what are you doing with your life?
Speaker 4: Yeah? You know, I was also frustrated that, like he did eventually apologize, which was good, like he could see that Okay, that was maybe not the right way to react to that, but it bugged me that then she is apologizing like she didn't do a single thing wrong. She has nothing to apologize for.
Speaker 1: She didn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, mind you, she was a little like wacky, like her thought process.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was a little over the top, but still the top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like obviously, I feel like we all get there when we're like amped up, you know, and Loralai helped calm her down and bring her to her senses. And I feel like Dean could have done that as well, like hey, like.
Speaker 1: No problem, let's do this, but what about tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Like what about like you know, on next Friday, let's or Friday dinner. You can't next Saturday, like let's do you know, Like he could have like met her halfway. He just was so like selfish of like no, I want to do this tonight. We had a plan, and that it's not happening, so you need to figure it.
Speaker 4: Out right, and acting like it was some trivial reason that she wasn't doing it. I mean like she said, oh, you know, I need to sort my books or something like she had a valid reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she was over the top, but she goat like you said she had a valid reason, like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Well fasten your seatbelt, jack.
Speaker 1: Jackie, buckle up.
Speaker 4: Wait till Jess shows up next season? Oh my god, I can't wait.
Speaker 3: So that's the thing. I'm such a This is Us fan that I don't know when Jess shows up and I want to see.
Speaker 1: No, that's so exciting.
Speaker 3: So yes, I'm excited for that. It's because that's good because they have true chemistry, because they dated.
Speaker 2: When we get there, I need Jackie to jump in. Oh my god, Like I just wish I could go into your brain and experience life as a gil Mark Girls new watch it like it would be amazing.
Speaker 4: I said next season, because I forgot there were already in season two. So it's in season two when he shows up.
Speaker 1: Oh you're right. I keep thinking.
Speaker 4: I keep thinking we're still in season one. But yeah, so hang on, Jackie.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm excited, and I will gladly join you for a review of jes moments. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would be good to get like that first view perspective.
Speaker 1: Yeah totally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, going back to the party, because you know, we just jump around. That's how we do this podcast. One thing I loved about the party is well in the show in general, is they just always nail the music, and that party started out with a Grantly Phillips song and then ended on Sam Phillips.
Speaker 1: Okay, what the Sam Phillips one? Remind me what it was called.
Speaker 4: I don't remember the name of it. I'd have to look at it.
Speaker 2: I looked it up, but was it not in another episode? Have they played this song twice in the series? Or is it a different Sam Phillips song.
Speaker 4: She's she He's done multiple songs, and I think they reused most of them, so I would have to look up the exact name of it. But I they probably did use it in other episodes.
Speaker 2: Love Is Everywhere I Go, That's what it is. Yeah, it's this episode, so love is Everywhere I Go because I was. But maybe it's because like that scene, I don't know, the second I saw her leaning on Dean's shoulder, it like I connected that song to that moment. And maybe it's just because like we see it, but it's so it's that and then I think this is me doing a Google search.
Speaker 1: Reflecting Light is the other one that plays.
Speaker 4: Yes, Reflecting Light is the one that was from Liz and TJ's wedding and then it was used again in a year in the life for Luke and Laurelied wedding.
Speaker 2: Okay, that that's what I thought, because I remember one of these songs replayed twice, so it was reflecting light.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that moment where r was leaning on Dean's shoulder. I have to give a shout out to my husband because he just was like, not even really paying attention. And he looks up right at that moment and he goes, Oh, that string of lights on the railing behind Rory is out. It's like they had the fairy lights.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I noticed that too, actually, because I noticed some were on and some were off, and I was like, oh, yeah, but I didn't know if like.
Speaker 4: Maybe like the whole railing was out and I didn't even notice it, but my husband did, so I have I told him I would give him credit for that. Fine, But I loved. I just loved that whole party scene. And then she goes and gets yeah, comes out and he sits next to the little ballerinas.
Speaker 1: And they're all looking at him.
Speaker 4: It was so cute.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I did notice. It was like this giant town event, but we didn't have any Taylor.
Speaker 2: There was no Taylor in this episode yeah, I feel like he would have complained.
Speaker 4: Kirk was there, but I don't was Miss Patty there? I don't Bavett wasn't there.
Speaker 1: I don't know, No miss Patty was she?
Speaker 4: Oh she was with the dancers, That's yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say she was there. Yeah, Bet, I think I don't know. It's not like not like a prominent moment. Miss Patty was teaching them the which, by the way, I noticed in this episode too.
Speaker 1: They because, Okay, when we went to.
Speaker 2: Connecticut New Milford, we were told many times, do not call the gazebo a gazebo.
Speaker 1: It's called a bandstand.
Speaker 2: And in this episode they straight up say the gazebo, so cause because.
Speaker 1: It was so funny. As I'm looking at I'm like, why do we call it a gazebo?
Speaker 2: And then they straight up said gazebo in the next like breath after my thought, and I was like, oh it was them that said it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't like it wasn't like I just knew what a gazebo was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that we heard We heard it several times that weekend. It's a bandstand. But maybe that's just specific to the one in New Milford, Like maybe that's what that town calls it because they always refer to it as a gazebo in Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but gazebo is I think someone explained the sus and New Milford it doesn't have.
Speaker 4: Steps, is okay?
Speaker 1: Maybe the one but what we see is supposed to be called a bandstand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the one that stars hollow has steps.
Speaker 1: Well about a google gazebo?
Speaker 4: What a bandstand as something bigger, Like you can't fit a band in that structure.
Speaker 2: A gazebo is a free standing outdoor structure, often with open sides and a covered roof, designed to provide shade and shelter, while also adding a decorative element to a garden or a yard.
Speaker 1: Wait, you know what it says.
Speaker 2: A gazebo is a pavilion structures structure, sometimes oxagonal or turret shaped, often built in a park, garden, or spacious public area. Some are you on occasions as bandstands.
Speaker 4: So maybe it depends on what you're using it for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, band there, it's a tomato.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it just depends on like where you are, Like maybe people in New Milford, Connecticut like to call it a bandstand. And people in bourban California like to call it a gazebo.
Speaker 4: In a good episode. Yeah, it was great to believe. That was kind of sad. I was annoyed that Rory didn't, like, go give her friend a hug as she.
Speaker 1: Leaves for she just waved.
Speaker 2: She just waves, barely took her head off of Dean's chestool like.
Speaker 4: You don't, you don't. She's going to Korea forever as far as you.
Speaker 1: Know, like hug.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish, I will say, just real quick. I kind of wish we see like Lane with Henry though, Like I wish, like I he was so sweet and I'm like.
Speaker 4: They were really cute together. I know, I liked, I liked, I mean, I liked Lane and Dave, but Lane and Henry was even better.
Speaker 1: Yes my mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I learned in Connecticut. Uh, I did not know this, But Dave Grigowski is an actual person, and that's where the name came. He was ah the husband to one of the writers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was Helen Pie's husband.
Speaker 2: I wonder if Dave, the real Dave Ragowski is going about life just being like Adam Brody played me a shit.
Speaker 4: Maybe, So that is kind of cool when you think about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So the next episode, we'll be watching his season two episode three, red Light on the Wedding Night.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's some good stuff in that episode.
Speaker 2: It's great title definitely tells you there's drama coming.
Speaker 1: And episode three of the season Serio oh Man.
Speaker 2: And all right, that's all we have for today, meeting adjourns. Hey everybody, and to forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.