Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong is Joe Getty Armstrong and Jetty and He Armstrong and Yetty. Mortgages, car loans, credit cards.
Speaker 3: Americans are borrowing more than ever US household debt now at seventeen point ninety four trillion dollars for credit cards. That debt has never cost more. The average interest rate almost twenty two percent, way higher than auto loans and mortgage rates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I was about to jump in with what the amounts with inflation, that just kind of makes sense because everything is, you know, relative to whatever things used to cost. But the interest rates don't change. The way math works doesn't change, and those higher interest rates in there or ever are brutal for the highest load anybody's ever carried. Yeah, and you're absolutely right about you know, inflation, that sort of thing. But man, seventeen point ninety four trillion dollars on a card if you're in post revolution Bolivia, that sounds like a lot. And you got somewhere between twenty and thirty percent interest on your credit card based on your credit situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's rough.
Speaker 4: The biggest political story in America by far obviously, is Trump nominating Matt Gates and some other conversial people to important positions. We talked about that a lot in Hour one. We'll get back to that again later. I mean, it's dominating all news coverage except for Fox, where they're treating it as like a third tier story. For instance, this is a third tier story. Did you see there's a new pigmy baby hippo that is the world's favorite new animal, the new baby pigmy a because we had one a couple of weeks ago, right, and everybody loved it, And there's a new one out today and I just saw it hopping around in the grass. That's the cutest dang thing. Ever, how do I not have one? I gotta get one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, enjoy your fifteen minutes signed meerkats?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly, or dwarf goats or whatever was cute last time. But big me hippos are super cute. I wonder if you say pigs, is it like a pop belly pig. You get one and you think it's really cute. In the next thing, you know, it's seven hundred pounds and has to live in your garage and you can't park your car in there anymore.
Speaker 1: Disreputable breeders start selling regular hippos. Is damn, I've got a regular, full sized, three thousand pound hippo.
Speaker 2: This is not working for me, Katie.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was just wondering what this one's name was, because last time we had moo mood dung.
Speaker 2: Or mood dang moo dang. I think was it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Very cute, very cute little hippo. Dig up a picture. I mean you'll you'll think, aw, I'll be the first thing you say.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm more interested in the Marxist under currents in American society. But if you want to work the cute, fat faced animal beat, that's somebody needs to.
Speaker 2: The new one is a Scottish apparently. Its name is Haggis Ah, Haggage, laggage. Who's a good Who's I wish you could see my face? Friends, I wish you could put a little kilt on it. Put exactly, put a little killed on it. Please.
Speaker 1: Michael Brilliant played bagpipe music because it waddles out into its enclosure for the people.
Speaker 2: AH plays the little bagpipe exactly. This is so stupid, please can we move on?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Uh Chris Ruffo, you'll know him, you love him with a great piece. Why Boeing killed Dei? And and the lead is the important part of reckoning is underway in corporate America. You remember, after the death of George Floyd in twenty twenty, like every Fortune, five hundred company launched a diversity, equity and inclusion program with very serious faces as they were running terrified from the Marxists who claimed racial justice was their motivation. But now four short years later, many companies are quietly acknowledging the failure of these initiatives, in some cases is winding them down. And Rufo has been writing about DEI at Boeing for a while. He's got an inside source, well placed, high up, that described it this way quote, I thought this is really good. DEI is the drop you put in the bucket and the whole bucket changes. It is anti excellence and because it is ill defined, it becomes part of the culture.
Speaker 4: That is some of the most evocative phrasing I've ever heard. Yeah, the drop you put in the bucket and it changes the whole bucket. That's interesting, folks, You've become.
Speaker 1: Aware that the whole woke thing DEI anti racism thing. You can't win. It's a constantly moving target. If you say you're not a racist, you're a racist. And if you say you're a racist, you're racist. But either way you shut up. We're in charge. There's no way to win against the woke people. That's not part of it. They're not talking to you to come to an understanding. They're talking to you to rule you. And more people are on nderstanding that. And then the context of Boeing obviously you know the doors are falling off your planes for instance. Yeah, earlier this month, Boeing installed new CEO Kelly Ortberg, quietly dismantled the DEI department and accepted the resignation of the office's vice president. So Rufo reached out to the same insider to get insight onto what happened and how it happened. And he says, tell us, what happened with DEI went from dominant to extinct in a very short period of time. The insider says, we're shifting from a company whose culture is simply the average of corporate America to a distinct and deliberate vision of leadership. The new boss wants Boeing focused on being an airplane company with our own culture and vision. The resulting cash crunch from the crunch from the strike accelerated this culture shift. When you start to focus on delivering value instead of preserving status, it becomes obvious what drives value and it's not DEI. And then he gets into he asked my senses that many executives are not genuinely committed to DEIS and ideology. They simply want to build airplanes or create software, for instance, but they feel social pressure to maintain these departments. Is that true at Boeing and if so, when did the calculus change? And the answer is DEI is lazy thought leadership best practiced by companies in smooth waters with margins large enough to afford the associated inefficiency.
Speaker 2: That isn't Boeing today.
Speaker 1: When the new boss prioritized results over fitting in with other CEOs, it sends a strong signal to the culture and builds trust because employees know the rules and it's clear how to succeed through hard work and results. McKinsey's at the Consulting Group now debunked analysis was the standard driver in corporate boardrooms. But even if DEI has to defend itself on purely logical grounds. It doesn't stand up bowing. More than anything needs an aligned workforce focused on building airplanes. And it's an easy decision to reject the divisive and US centric language of DEI in favor of unified vision for a diverse global company. Anyway, I thought that that was really good just as a description of how it works.
Speaker 4: And DEI could go away under a Trump administration, which won't be you know, working to push that on corporate America, whereas if Kamala Harris administration, there would have been so much pressure on all these companies to continue that or add it if they hadn't already.
Speaker 1: Right, and it's it's a bludgeon again. It's not about racial justice or any of the things that claims to be about. Like in jackscenario, which is a good one, the Harris administration wanted Boeing to suddenly, you know, unionize its last three facilities or something like that.
Speaker 2: Well, then they could hammer them with DEI.
Speaker 1: Stuff or through their DEI executives and get them on their knees begging for mercy because they're being accused of racism. It's the old Jesse Jackson operation push blackmail scam. You don't want racial justice, you want something else, but you use claims of racial injustice to get there. It's the race hustler thing. Anyway, I thought this was good too. From the National Review Lathan Watts. DEI is a corporate bust, and he starts about the He starts with the wild overreaction to the death of George Floyd and how all the corporations were terrified, and how Robbie Starbuck, the filmmaker, has been using sunlight as the best disinfectant. And he's brought failed policies that are legally questionable and highly unpopular with consumers to the attention the general public and the shareholders of these corporations. As a result, some of the best known brands in the country have hastily canceled their DEI programs and cut ties with the far left Human Rights Campaign, which pressures companies to do things like cover sex hormones and puberty blockers for miners. Wow, monstrous Nazia like experiments on children.
Speaker 4: Your company has to cover that stuff and their insurance plan.
Speaker 1: Wow yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And I thought this was interesting.
Speaker 1: Unwilling to let the practical failure of a policy distract from the political fervor. Forty nine members of Congress, keeping in mind their four hundred and thirty five of these geeks, spurred on, signed an open letter to Fortune one thousand businesses demanding that they doubled down on DEI. But these companies have recently received two more open letters encouraging them to hold the line in favor of healthy ROI return on investment over feeble DEI ideology.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: Slogan, AREI not DEI for the companies I want to invest in?
Speaker 2: I love that the second of those two letters.
Speaker 1: Came from seventeen state treasurers and other financial officials, state of financial officials who are responsible for the gigantic state investment vehicles that hold billions of dollars in ownership positions in these companies for their retirees, and that sort of thing. And unlike the partisan gamesmanship paraphrasing the piece of the National Review, here the forty nine Congress geeks liberal CULTI jackasses are saying, you've got to double down on DII.
Speaker 2: These people are saying, Hey, we.
Speaker 1: Don't have the luxury of you and your virtue signaling crap which you run your company for efficiency, please not to please AOC and so it's good to see you. Remember it was what a year ago I started saying. And all DEI programs now wherever they exist, and it's happening in spades. Hurrah, hourrah, better for black people, better for white and Hispanic people as people.
Speaker 2: In short, go get them awesome.
Speaker 1: Man that Dylan mulvany disagrees, noted American Anheuser Bush spokesperson. I apologize if I have offended him. The tide shure turned on that whole thing fast. Yeah, although it is still monstrous in academia, media, Hollywood, and in government itself, friends, which is why I am always saying this is just the end of the beginning.
Speaker 4: Have you seen any of the trailers for the new Gladiator movie? I have Gladiator too. It looks freaking fantastic and the reviews are starting to come out, and Denzel Washington is supposed to be his best role ever, which is saying something.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: Although he said that they his gay kiss got left on the cutting room floor, that's something. And I'm sure everybody America was ready to see Denzel Washington kiss some other.
Speaker 2: Dude mashing with it. Dude, I don't need it, but looks awesome.
Speaker 4: And that's the kind of movie you got to see in a theater, the big giant colosseum and the fighting and everything like that.
Speaker 2: I'll take the kids of that, probably unless it's too gruesome. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe, And I think we're going to play this trailer. In fact, we could play it next. There is a hot new documentary coming out that I want to see. Okay, it's a documentary on well, I'm not gonna tell you what.
Speaker 4: And we're already gearing up for the Tyson Paul fight that is Friday night on Netflix with the kids, and we're gonna gather around for that.
Speaker 2: We can't wait.
Speaker 1: You're having your children watch an elderly man beaten kind of monster, are you?
Speaker 4: That's not the way we think it's gonna go. That's not the way we think it's gonna go. But we could be wrong. Uh, And then we got to get back into the hole. Matt Gates is it gonna be Attorney General? Or at least he's been nominated. What a bomb that was?
Speaker 2: Stay here, it rocks, but it doesn't wrong too hard. The singers all seem to be saying, Hey, it's gonna be okay, it's perfect sitting down dancing music. Also known as Ya Rocks, Steely Dan.
Speaker 4: The Doobie Brothers, Toto, Kenny Longins, Christopher Cross.
Speaker 2: Michael McDonald. I expected to be totally forgotten. By the end of the eighties, the.
Speaker 3: Term yacht rock merged from comedy show.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, this new genre we started to get embraced by the world.
Speaker 5: Rock.
Speaker 2: I always thought it was kind of flattering to be made fun of.
Speaker 4: We did a whole show on yacht rock or a lot of one a couple of years ago, playing various songs and everything like that, and discussing it because it's not well defined, but it's defined enough that, like in my Tesla anyway, there's a yacht rock option for.
Speaker 2: Your music choices. It's like pornography, you know what when you.
Speaker 4: Hear it.
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 4: Who was that saying I expected to be forgotten? Was that Christopher Cross? That is hilarious?
Speaker 2: Who knows, yeh, I could have been any one of those guys. I guess.
Speaker 1: Rock not too.
Speaker 2: Hard, perfect for dancing sitting down.
Speaker 4: I was skeptical of a documentary about yacht rock, but that sounds pretty entertaining. Yeah, and it's just everybody can and most of that music was popular when I was alive and a young person, but it seems to have some purchase with like the younger crowd that was born well after these songs for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: Oh definitely.
Speaker 1: I read once an unnecessarily long piece about how love of Steely Dan went from ironic to sincere among the young. Well right, and Steely Dan's a brilliant band, by the way, I will brook no making fun of Steely Dan. I have walked by fratthouses in the college town I live in blasting Toto, which I would have never guessed when it was actually popular in the eighties that forty years in the future, college dudes would be blasting it in a party with their shirts off, playing beer pong. I mean, it's just I would have bet you had any money that wasn't gonna happen.
Speaker 2: But it did go figure.
Speaker 1: I read a book by Chuck Klosterman lent to me by a good friend, and I can't remember the title of it, but it was really like two hundred and fifty page think piece on what art will endure from our current time, specifically musical, and he goes into what art endured from various other times, and what is it that makes it endure? Is it merely quality? No, definitely not. Is it like quirkiness? Is it first in?
Speaker 4: Is it a It's just a really interesting series of thoughts. It's certainly not just popularity. As a guy who is a music disc jockey in the eighties, I hear stuff on eighties stations that I remember were minor hits at the time that are still getting on regular rotation on eighty stations now for reasons.
Speaker 2: I can't quite explain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what endures. It's kind of a mysterious question.
Speaker 2: Man on music. I have this.
Speaker 4: I'm sure this is a very common with a lot of parents. But my my, I'm gonna have two teenagers here in a month. But my youngest teenager, for whatever reason, he's an interesting dude, Henry. He likes class rock, so it's very easy for me to drive around with him. He wants to hear Bachman Turner, Overdrive and the Eagles we went to last weekend in Vegas and stuff like that. He wants to hear Sweet Home Alabama. That's the music he wants to hear, and he chose it himself.
Speaker 2: I didn't choose it.
Speaker 4: But my oldest only wants to listen to rap music, and particular rap music, and I try. I picked him up from school yesterday and dialed up some of his favorite stuff to listen to while we're driving home, and I just, oh, it's punishing to me.
Speaker 2: I just I don't.
Speaker 4: I do not understand the appeal, like to some stuff I like. I like Kanye, I'll listen to tons of you. But he doesn't like Kanye.
Speaker 2: He likes he. I always say this makes him laugh every time. Where's the melody? What's row Sinatra? I always say, I just I do not get the appeal. But I try. Maybe it'll I don't know, maybe it'll click in my head someday.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or to each their own, But wouldn't it be something of five hundred years from now? Historians say, and then there was a musical development and that they called rock and music, and they play you know, Christopher Cross or something right as an example, Shaggar is spinning in his five hundred year old grave.
Speaker 2: Or he's still alive touring.
Speaker 4: You don't know, Matt Gates, Attorney General, what WTF is the response for.
Speaker 2: Bost of America, Artrong, and Getty.
Speaker 5: I will tonight discuss Matt Gate. Some of you will think I'm too hard on him. Some of you will think I'm much too easy on him. And this is in the context of what is one of the most jaw dropping days in the last ten years of Trump.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's I would describe it as God to your level trolley to just trigger a full on China syndrome, to own the lives in perpetuity.
Speaker 4: So that's Mark Alprin saying it's one of the most jaw dropping days in the decade of Trump, which is saying something obviously. And then that's John Fetterman, Senator of Pennsylvania saying this is God level trolling, which is China syndrome miltown, which it might be God level trolling.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I really don't know.
Speaker 4: And everybody's guessing that's Trump nominating Matt Gates to be the Attorney general.
Speaker 2: Fetterman is so much more likable than he used to be. Maybe a stroke helped him. I don't know anyway.
Speaker 1: Uh, yes, Matt Gates, you say, is what attorney general?
Speaker 2: Went right?
Speaker 4: And uh with the news part of it, that should be mentioned that Republican sources told news outlets yesterday that a committee report was coming out tomorrow on Matt Gates was already planned to come out tomorrow on Matt Gates. That was going to be quite explosive about all those sex drug allegations that he's had for quite a few years.
Speaker 2: So you gotta factor that in.
Speaker 4: And again it's he's got so enemy, so many enemies in the House and the Senate, Republican enemies, that it's not shocking that Republicans went to the press with that news, and there's not a chance that it doesn't leak out of that committee tomorrow, probably by some Republican who hates Matt Gates. I'll be interesting to see what's in there and how damaging it is, and whether or not Matt Gates or Trump care at all. Right to question what was Trump thinking is the really interesting one to me, But I don't want to get ahead.
Speaker 2: That was it just trolling?
Speaker 4: He just likes to see people's heads explode and he doesn't care if Matt Gates gets confirmed or not.
Speaker 2: Was it the.
Speaker 4: Five dimensional chess play of you'll spend all your time and effort on taking down Matt Gates, and I'll get my other kind of controversial people.
Speaker 1: Through, right, the sacrificial lamb strategy is it? I really wanted to throw a hand grenade into the Justice Department because of the incredible injustice of how they they've traded me over the last quite a few years, which is undeniably true. I would argue that's not a good strategy if you want to reform the Justice Department.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody.
Speaker 4: I did want to get this on because somebody brought this up and I had forgotten this. The FBI and d OJY previously tried to frame Matt Gates. I don't know if this is all true, but I remember this story. Tried to frame Matt Gates with the help of a con artist. That's the guy he was friends with. Now was he friends or did he get calmed by this guy who was trying to extort Gates's family out of tens of millions of dollars?
Speaker 2: Do you remember that whole aspect of the story vaguely?
Speaker 4: I can't think of a more perfect choice to tear the most corrupt agency on Earth down to its studs. Bravo, President Trump. That's from Sean Davis. If you know his act. Now, I don't know if I buy all that stuff, but it's possible that Gates got involved with some people that tried to extort him and then tried to ruin him with that whole underage girl thing, because you know, the investigation was dropped a couple of years back. Now you got the so called explosive details of a new committee report coming out tomorrow, and maybe.
Speaker 2: That will make it more clear what's going on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and remember, in the same way that the legitimate women's rights movement pointed out that sometimes promiscuous women get raped. She's somewhat promiscuous is not an excuse for rape. In the same way, sometimes scum bags get blackmailed. But even with that, that's the easiest blackmail to get going.
Speaker 4: But even with that that I'm I'm I'm more in line with Lisa Murkowski, the Republican Senator for Alaska, who's already in no, who's saying he's not.
Speaker 2: A serious person. I don't think he's a serious person. No. I would like a serious person to be Attorney general.
Speaker 4: Here's what the Wall Street Journal editorial board writes today, after praising Donald Trump for a bunch of his choices, including Marco Rubio. They write, this is a bad choice for ag that would undermine confidence in the law.
Speaker 2: Mister Trump lawed. Mister Gates's law degree from.
Speaker 4: William and Mary, but it might as well be a doctorate and outraged theater. He's a performer and provocateur. In his view is that the more explosions he can cause, the more attention he can get. It is impossible to get canceled if you're on every channel, he once said. And if you aren't making news, you aren't governing. Gates has said on multiple occasions. Yeah, he's part of the Instagram caucus.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wall Street Journal editorial board goes on to say, mister Gates has no interest in governing. When Republicans took control the House in twenty twenty two, is with a small margin.
Speaker 2: Rather than work to get things done.
Speaker 4: Gates sabotage Speaker Kevin McCarthy before fought, before finally leading a rebellion to oust him, and for no good outcome. Eight Republican malcontents plunged the GOP into weeks of embarrassing paralysis since mister Gates had no alternative that could command a majority. Finally, speaker Johnson emerged, but again there is no point to it other than unless he just personally hated McCarthy so much to bring him down, which he did, absolutely did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, my argument with like the ultramagotype that just wants to chuck grenades is that you're not going to be successful if you just want to punch somebody in the face, great, okay, super But if you want to reform agencies or bodies the government that you consider to be corrupt and full of duplicity and scumbaggery and anti Trump activism which is legit, I'm with you on a lot of that. But you're not going to be successful with Matt Gates. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: It will fail.
Speaker 1: You've got to get somebody who's smart and savvy and clean enough that they can't undermine him by saying, you know, all the things they would say about Gates, well, a lot of which is true.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: That's the last paragraph from the Wall Street Journal editorial board. The larger objections to mister Gates concerned judgment and credibility. That's what I'm talking about, more than the whether he had sex with a seventeen year old. The US Attorney general has to make calls them countless difficult questions of whom to investigate and indict. Gates's decisions simply won't be trusted by any Democrats, and about half the Republican's that will think he's just doing this for whatever personal reasons, or he just wants to be provocative or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's no good. They've got anything.
Speaker 1: Sacrificial lamb or sincere grenade chucked at the DOJ.
Speaker 4: I remember when we had Bill O'Reilly on, back when Bill O'Reilly was the biggest deal in all of media back in I think it was probably still twenty fifteen after Trump had announced and asking Bill O'Reilly is a three dimensional chests and Bill rising, there's no three dimensional chests going on.
Speaker 2: Trump just wings it.
Speaker 4: I think it's probably closer to he just he just knew it would make people's heads explode, and for whatever reason, the way Trump is built, he loves that more than anything. Yes, flipping on MSNBC and watching people go crazy with enemies, Yeah, he just loves that. So I think it's probably more that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I hope there.
Speaker 4: May never be a great book written by a two term president about a two term president, because nobody knows how he makes his decisions but him.
Speaker 2: And I'm not sure he's going to write a book about it.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: We may know less about him for history than any president we've ever had.
Speaker 2: Interesting though, was.
Speaker 4: It three dimensional chess or just bomb checking or whatever? And I have no idea. Ah, so a more reaction. Are we gonna play some audio with people freaking out? All right?
Speaker 2: What's the plan? I don't know, but it'll happen after this.
Speaker 1: A word from our friends at Prize Picks, the best place to get real money sports action. Over ten million members, billions of dollars in award and winnings, Prize Picks has made daily fantasy sports successful at all and super easy. You just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to one hundred times your cash.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's Thursday, so there's a big game tonight and heading into another big NFL weekend, there's always NBA and plenty of stuff going on, and it's all about picking more or less and one hundred times your money with as little as four correct picks.
Speaker 2: And with Venmo.
Speaker 4: Now the way you're doing stuff quick and easy deposits and withdrawals into your account this sports season.
Speaker 2: You could get your money within fifteen minutes. Just check out the app today. It's the Prize Picks app.
Speaker 1: If you use the code Armstrong and you play a five dollars lineup, they'll give you fifty dollars instantly. That's the code armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollar lineup. You don't have to win, You just have to play Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: Run your game. Don't forget that code Armstrong.
Speaker 4: So I thought this was pretty insightful from Noah Rothman of a National Review. As he is tweeting out yesterday as all the news was breaking. Gabbard and Getz are probably better understood less as endorsements of their respective worldviews than an expression of Trump's mistrust of the DOJ and the intelligence services. Less an appetite for a sad Putin and permanent anti establishment revolution, then a thumb in the eye of those institutions. In other words, yeah, he wanted He liked making people mad about this more than he's on board with.
Speaker 1: Their philosophies, whatever they are. Yeah, he wanted to punch him in the face. I get that. I don't think it's a good long term strategy. But I really really really don't.
Speaker 2: Think Matt Gates will get through. Elsie Gabbert.
Speaker 1: I'm just astonished by that choice. No rewarding a loyalist.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 4: Noah Rothman also said not sure if Gates will win confirmation or not, but the vetting process will test his tolerance for embarrassment. Yeah, I would say so again with this report coming out tomorrow and the most thorough background check by far he's ever gone through. Because to become Attorney General, you're getting the highest level of course. Because you are, you get to know all kinds of stuff that very few people should know about lots of people that might result in investigations or not. And so you know, it's gotta be somebody you really really trust, and he's gonna get that thorough background check, and well see it comes.
Speaker 2: Out of that.
Speaker 1: Just you know. My final thought on the subject will probably be that Andrew McCarthy, who has been perhaps the most eloquent, knowledgeable, and forceful a voice attacker against the law fair waged against Trump. He has been brilliant, thorough, and merciless in pointing out how corrupt all of this has been right. Okay, so he's no never Trumper. His headline is on Trump's foolish, futile Matt Gates AG nomination.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's spending, you know, some goodwill you had even with the mainstream media because of such a big win and a lot of political capital on nothing like, on nothing other than a couple of days early enjoying.
Speaker 2: How upset Joe Scarborough is. Yeah, I guess he doesn't care.
Speaker 1: And honestly, after the Gates nomination is swept away and trumputt nominates somebody more reasonable or clean or whatever, honestly it'll be forgotten in the mails from the dust storm of dust ups over Donald.
Speaker 4: J Another yet another thing that is leading to social isolation in our modern society. I see this every single day. I deal with it in my own family. I do want to talk about that, among other things.
Speaker 2: Stay with us.
Speaker 7: On successive nights last month, potase Say burglars broke into the homes of Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes in Missouri and Travis Kelsey in Kansas. On Sunday, October sixth, police were dispatched to a burglary where Mahomes lives hours after Mahomes was targeted and with the Chiefs about to kick off Monday night. Police say burglars stole twenty thousand dollars in cash from Kelsey's home and damaged the back door. Taylor Swift was at that game, but afterwards she and Kelsey reportedly did not returned to his house.
Speaker 2: I spoke to police a little while ago.
Speaker 7: That seems they know who they're looking for and they're confident they will catch them.
Speaker 4: That's interesting that two of the most famous football players in America, knowing they were, you know, not home because of the game, broke in.
Speaker 2: Somebody broke into their homes. And you would assume, I mean.
Speaker 4: I had seen pictures of both of their homes for a variety of reasons, reading newspaper articles.
Speaker 2: You would have sucker.
Speaker 4: You would assume people who have houses like that have a security system or a house sitter or a maybe even an armed guard.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're freaking have.
Speaker 4: Taylor Swift coming over and stay in the night. Half a dozen mastiffs.
Speaker 1: Who just roam around looking for flesh to sink their mighty fangs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, teams of pit bulls and Chiefs Jerseys. Yes, well, that would be so cute.
Speaker 4: But I'm just surprised you could even break into Travis Kelsey's home and rummage around and find cash.
Speaker 2: And leave what. I'm not kidding, They need to simply say use that coat armstrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, speaking of crimes, just came across this one down in Mexico. I won't spend much time on it because it's gruesome. But so this woman picks up a hitchhiker down in Mexico and he opens up a bag and starts tossing bones out the window, and she thinks those look like human.
Speaker 2: Bones, say pal.
Speaker 4: She doesn't say anything, as you'd be quite disturbed as the person you've picked up to give her ride is throwing bones out the window of your van and is also a person.
Speaker 1: Who's willing to throw bones out of a van while you watch.
Speaker 4: I can't help but ask there, Pedro, why you got a bag of human bones?
Speaker 1: That's some serious level up psychopathy right there, right?
Speaker 4: Why are you throwing them out now? With me sitting here and hum.
Speaker 1: Seems like you got a lot of bones there, chum, more bones than the average hiker.
Speaker 2: Don't mean overstep my bounds, but.
Speaker 1: I found myself wondering where'd you come by all those bones.
Speaker 2: What's the deal with all the human bones?
Speaker 4: So she drops him off, probably heart pounding, thank god, and it calls the cops.
Speaker 2: The cops find the guy. He's got a house.
Speaker 4: They go to his house and they've found twenty skulls so far, Oh my buried.
Speaker 2: In the yard. So oof l serial killer. Same publication New York Posts that brought me that story.
Speaker 4: I was just reading this story about yet another reason why we are living such isolated lives. And I fear for the next generation that will have grown up knowing no different. And that's the And I do this quite a bit myself too, the omnipresence of having one or more earbuds in walking around either or listening to music or podcasts or whatever.
Speaker 2: And how many people do that.
Speaker 4: And my son my high school, this has been a real point of contention because he really hates that I do this. But I don't take that out of your ear. No, we're riding in the car, I'm talking to you. You don't need to be listening to music while we're having a conversation. And I mean, it's just he just he'll put it back in and I try to get his attention.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 4: Let's all, let's all hang out here at dinner and talk, or at least be listening to each other, or the potential to listen to each other.
Speaker 2: You don't need to whatever you're listening to right.
Speaker 4: Now, but just Constant and him and all his friends when they come out of the classroom. I mean, every single person staring at a phone and or the earbuddy in always and I mostly music, I guess. But that's a different lifestyle than Homo sapiens have had for all of our existence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say, I remember reading about the NBA players, the young players who have their headphones on their beats or what have you all the time on the team bus, then in the locker room, and these guys are lonely, they're freaked out.
Speaker 2: They don't get a long and.
Speaker 1: You know, I was thinking about, you know, as you start to talk about it, how young people are not coupling there, they're not finding girlfriends, boyfriends, that sort of thing. And I think part of it's got to be By the time that you know, I was sixteen years old, say, I had interacted with young women tens of thousands of times, and the idea that Oh it's a girl. I'm talking to a girl. Was like, No, that's not a big deal. You know, maybe as it turned romantic. Okay, that's some interesting slippery slope ground ron But yeah, I would be weird and intimidated not know what to do either if I'd spend all my time in a little cocoon of my own making.
Speaker 4: Well, we all know the the attention thing that we all have from staring our phones or anything like that, but definitely the next level is the having the earbud in all the time. And I don't know if you get kind of like addicted to needing some stimulus of some sort, or if it's because so many people have eighty ADD or ADHD, because I know somebody, full on grown up, she's fifty has a d ADD whichever one it is, that she has to have some music going to be able to pay attention. It like quiets down the whatever causes you to be distracted and allows you to pay attention. So I don't know how many of our young people, so many of them have you know, those things add or something maybe that helps them listen to you or other people. I don't even know, but it's definitely new and how would it not leave to isolation?
Speaker 2: I told him he was.
Speaker 4: He was going to ride on a bus to a band trip the other day, and I said, you know, you're riding with this kid, and you know some parents nice enough to drive them. Don't sit there with your earbuds in there and ignore them all the whole time, you know, can you like interact with them for a while, just please for me? Yeah, because I know they do that. They just they all sit there in the van with their earbuds in, nobody talking to anybody. Wow, how different is that?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: The way I know it is man has invented his doom.
Speaker 4: It hurts my soul to see that. And if you've never had anything different, you don't know what you're missing. I guess time for a planet of the apes or beavers.
Speaker 2: Well, they're starting it in South Carolina. I can pick a favorite, Armstrong and Getty