Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice. Now along with the guys from Guillotine Leagues dot com. Here's your host, Paul Jargian.
Speaker 1: Welcome to a week three edition of Fantasy Football Weekly. I am Paul Jarchi and my co host today Scott Fish and Ryan Johnson.
Speaker 3: Just like last week, that Wow, that was a lot of energy. Charge a lot of energy. By the way, I have a problem. So I was listening to the fabulous nine to noon show with you and Paul Allen this sevening and I caught you guys talking about biting fish heads off or biting the heads off fish.
Speaker 4: That has happened. That has happened.
Speaker 3: Then, I don't like the idea of that. No, that wasn't about me, was it. You're not that?
Speaker 1: No, No, there was no fish biting in that regard. What's over all, I have been tempted to take a nibble from time to time.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: No biting fish, No biting fish.
Speaker 4: But you know what you are going to get.
Speaker 1: Yes, fifteen matchups in the next less than two hours, broken down fantasy style with letter grades and every player that matters take a chance on me. That'll give you nine players you can put in your starting lineup that you normally would not. Three no, take a chance, Yeah, and then three tough questions and then premature speculation all coming up. Can't wait to dive in. We begin with the Chargers taking on the Steelers. Scott, Yeah, I think the Steelers are the best overall defense in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Pretty dang good, Pretty dang good.
Speaker 4: I think I think the other shoe drops for the Chargers here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It doesn't help that Justin Herbert is questionable with a high ankle sprains if it's Eastern stick even less likely. Less interested in this Chargers offense this week. But for Justin Herbert, I had him on the bench regardless because of the defense you just mentioned seventh in pressure rate, tied for fourth and QB knockdowns, only allowed one offensive touchdown through two weeks. They're also second in interceptions and third and passes deflected like they're just they're just all over it. So I have him on the bench. I basically have the whole passing game on the bench. Because of that, except for Quentin Johnson, who I'm given a C grade too. If Herbert goes, because he is just a first read monster. He's a target monster of twenty one percent and thirty two percent over the first two weeks, leads in targets, yards, touchdowns. My only problem, you know who he gets? No, who has to line up against Joey Porter.
Speaker 4: Joey Porter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ye a tough draw. Yeah, tough draw, yeap. He'll only see Joey sixty to seventy percent of the time though, But Joey Porter. Get this out on Joey Porter. He's allowed twenty two completions in his coverage in his nineteen games.
Speaker 4: Wow, dang, that's good. Holy wow.
Speaker 3: That that is not a lot. So Quentin Johnson is going to have to do his work when he avoids him. I got a C grade there. If Herbert doesn't go, I might just drop that to a bench. Honestly. In the in the running game, I think think they're gonna have to run. That's all they they're gonna be able to do. I have a B grade on JK. Dobbins, less touches than Gus Edwards last week. Actually, in back to back Weeds back to back weeks, but averaging six plus yards per carry. Uh. In fact, he's the only running back with two hundred and fifty plus career carries in NFL history to average six plus.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah, that stat that's yeah, JK. Dobbins.
Speaker 3: Yes, first Chargers since Tomlinson to have one hundred and thirty plus rushing yards in consecutive games. Steelers have held the rushing game rushing me running backs down in both games so far by Jean Robinson and Javonte Williams. They both did decent work through the air, though, which might also be a problems because the Chargers running backs have combined for a total of six receiving yards this year. Six. That's it. That's not three point five yards per carry allowed by the Steelers. I have a be on Dobbins. I have a bench grade on Gus Edwards, who's been completely ineffective six point one fantasy points off of nineteen touches last week.
Speaker 1: As I keep mentioning Kamani Vidal, if Gus is gonna keep doing this, Kamani v Doll's eventually gonna start getting time in this row.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, bench grade on Gus. But if easton stick plays, I would consider a C grade dart throw because they're gonna just have to give it to their running backs a whole lot over to the Pittsburgh side. I have a bench grade on Justin Fields. I know he can get you the running the rushing yards. He's averaging eleven for forty two on the ground, but he's doing nothing in the air. The Chargers do have the second worst pressure rate. They don't bring extra rushers, but what they're doing is dropping all those defenders back into coverage and allowing the league's lowest average depth of target. Wow, so they're not giving you. They're not giving up any big plays, no explosive plays, which has led to them keeping passers down. George Pickens is the only receiver I'm giving a grade to hear a C grade on him because he gets fifty three percent of the Steelers' air yards, leads the Steelers and basically every receiving category, and he's gonna get Christian Fulton while on the outside, who had over one hundred rating against last year. When he moves to the slot, he will see Jasiah Taylor, who says has one hundred and sixteen point seven rating this year. He doesn't. He's not gonna go to a Santa Samuel's side a lot, so he's gonna have see some decent matchups. I'm gonna give him a C grade. I do have Pat Faararmouth on the bench. The Chargers gave up a good amount of Bowers, but Bowers was the only tight end to go over forty yards against this defense since Week nine of last year, and it took eight targets to get there, just to get to fifty eight. Jalen Warren and Naji Harris, I'm giving SEA grades to both Naji Harris, tripling Warren's touches so far this year. But remember Warren came into the season on a limited stampcout. They weren't even sure he was gonna play Week one, so it's a little bit a little bit nerved because of that. You can likely throw a Week one out. Jalen Warren's sixty one yards on eleven touches was much more efficient than Harris's seventy four yards on eighteen touches, but they're basically splitting thirty to forty carries. They can both get C grades on volume here.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Giants in the Browns, Brian, not a lot to like on the giant side, But let me mention this. Devin Singletary currently number one an avoided tackle rate among runners with at least twenty carries forty six percent avoided tackle rate for Devon Singletary. Do you like him here against the Browns?
Speaker 5: Yeah, based on those numbers, you got to start them against pretty much anybody. But not a great matchup for Singletary. Just the sa grade this week against the Browns, allowing just seventy two rush yards per game to opposing backs. But yeah, leads the NFL and a misstackle rate, like you said, second in misstackles forced, averaging more than five point one yards per carry. Saquon Barkley wasn't doing this time. But I mean, Barkley's been doing playing well for the Eagles.
Speaker 3: But I saw meme earlier this week of done both wearing number twenty six, and it's an office space meme of Singletary being like, I shouldn't change my number, you know, from Saquon's number, because he's the one that sucks.
Speaker 5: Not when it comes to fantasy. Unfortunately, over the past game, Malik Neighbors after a monster game in Week two. Just to see here, back to last week, Neighbors became the youngest player in NFL history with ten plus catches, one hundred plus receiving yards and a touchdown scored and a huge drop. He would have a bigger game, but just to see this week, despite the fact Neighbors has more total air yards than both the entire offenses of the Kansas City Chiefs and the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 3: Shut up.
Speaker 5: Wow the air air yards that is, but still yeah, Chiefs have not been airing it out. So Neighbors is an alpha, a must start based on expected volume regardless of matchup, but not a great one here. Cleveland is allowing less than nine catches at one hundred and thirty five yards per game to opposing wide receiver units so far. That is why Wandale Robinson is on the bench this week. But nice take on call last week charge Wandelle did find paydirt, but unlikely to this week, so he is on the bench as our Theo Johnson and Daniel Bellinger, the Giants tight ends not even rosterable right now six combined targets, so they're on the bench, as is Daniel Jones. We give him a take on grade last week, not this week against Cleveland. Over to the brown side. Starting with the running game, I got a season Ford, Jerome Ford, and Dante Foreman. Foreman gets the softer sea. We'll talk about Ford a little more in the next segment. Over the passing game, not a ton to like, but it's really more so game script concerns. I'm just gonna give a starting grade for the wide receivers to Amari Cooper. He gets to see. Cooper has seen a healthy seventeen targets so far for an anemic total of five catches for twenty seven scoreless yards.
Speaker 1: Amari Cooper's drop rate thirty eight percent.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: He's dropping a specialist.
Speaker 5: Hikes, so it seems like they're didn't get him going in this game. Hopefully, even though the Giants only yielding fifteen targets per game to wideouts as a whole does not favor the passing game at all, and with an over under of thirty nine in this game, it does not scream shootout. So I have Elijah Moore and Jerry Judy on the bench. But worth noting regarding Elijah Moore leads the brown and catches and targets per route run. He is a PPR helper in most weeks, not likely this week, but visa available, I'd go grab him in PPR leagues Jordan Akins though at tight end, I'll give him a ce YEP. David and Joco is out again opposing tight ends, averaging five catches fifty five yards per game against the Giants, and we will take that in the tight end wasteland right now and last, and most certainly least, he's still at the bench.
Speaker 1: Deshaun Watson Off said, Yeah, Bob Baltimore Dallas is the last matchup for this block of the show in theory to elite defenses, but they have not played that way. Lamar Jackson A grade Like most weeks, he's my number three ranked quarterback this week. Let's stay with the passing game for a minute. Zave Flowers predominantly lines up outside, where he's going to match up with cornerbacks Klan Carson and Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 4: They've been just okay.
Speaker 1: They've a lot of co find sixty five percent catch rate and a touchdown in their coverage combined. Flowers is dominating the looks in the passing game compared to the other wideouts, and honestly, the biggest threats to Jay Flowers are his tight ends. He's such a big part of this passing offense. We're going to remain a B grade on Zay Flowers. It looks like a neutral matchup way Thornier with Mark Andrews and Aaya Likely, who come in.
Speaker 4: With C grades.
Speaker 1: They basically have flipped flopped in the two games. Week one, it was all Likely, Week two, it was all Andrews. Dallas got hit hard by the Browns tight ends in the opener, and then last week Taysom Hill got hurt and they only gave up one catch the position. So this thing's still a little bit murky. Mike Zimmers defense has struggled with tight ends a lot in the past in Minnesota. For what it's worth, I think you can start both Andrews and Likely. There's still big parts of this passing offense. Derrick Henry hasn't been great so far, averaging four yards per carry just two carries of more than ten yards so far, but really it's because of the inconsistent Ravens offensive line more than anything else. Alvin Kamara just hammered the Cowboys for one hundred and eighty yards and four scores. But Henry's game is nothing like Kamaras, so I don't know if we can infer too much from that. Dallas was a good run defense last year, only lying one runner to top one hundred yards all season, but this is a totally different scheme with Mike Zimmer and they might not match up as well. I'm keeping a B grade on Derrick Henry. Let's go over to the Dallas side. Obviously a grade for Ceed Lamb. We won't spend a lot of time on that, but do watch his ankle injury. Expected to play. Don't think that's an issue here at all. Jake Ferguson is expected to play through his knee injury. The Ravens kept Kelsey in check in week one, but brock Bauers went berserk on them last week, going nine for nine on his targets. If Ferguson can't go, we it'd be Luke Schoonmacker.
Speaker 3: There's many times strock bars targeted.
Speaker 4: Good question.
Speaker 1: I think it was nine times that many times?
Speaker 5: Not enough? Apparently not, I'm not looking like enough right now now.
Speaker 1: Jalen Tolburn and Brandon Cooks come in with C grades here. I do expect a pass heavy game plan, so both guys are dart throws if needed.
Speaker 4: Hopefully you don't need either one.
Speaker 1: They're running against solid cornerbacks Marlon Humphrey, Brandon Stevens in that hybrid safety Kyle Hamilton, who we love. But I'll note that Hamilton and Humphrey have already love touchdowns in their coverage this year, so they don't feel like shut down guys right now. So in a pinch, you could go Tolbert and Cooks, who honestly I originally had on the bench. It's that close. Staying with the passing game, let's talk Dak Prescott. I've given you some an A grade on Lamb and some SA grades, so I've got a starting grade on him. But I'm kind of nervous about this one dimensional Cowboys offense against a good Ravens pass defense. Last year, thirteen of seventeen opposing quarterbacks to face Baltimore through zero or one touchdowns. No quarterback hit three hundred yards against Baltimore. And this year, same story, no three hundred yard passers one touchdown each to Patrick Mahomes and Gardner Minshew Ravens are giving up a completion rate of seventy two percent, which is what so just a middling grade on Prescott. I don't love him here se Grade and these running are awful. Ezekiel, Elliott rico'doddell. We worried if they were going to be anybody you could ever start. I don't think they are Dallas right now. Pro Football Focus is twenty ninth ranked rushing attack and both of them just plain look bad. They're run blocking hasn't been good. They're ranked twenty second by Pro Football Focus and in the NFL's rushing yards over Expectation, both guys are in the bottom five amongst starting running guys. It's all bad, and Zeke and rico'dowdele on the bench.
Speaker 4: When we come back, take a chance on me.
Speaker 1: Nine players not normally in your starting lineup. Will tell you who they are.
Speaker 4: You got injury problems.
Speaker 1: We got guys you can go find and pick up and start. When we come back to Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Take a chance on me nine players you would not normally start. Many of these guys available on the waiver wire.
Speaker 4: Why are you shaking your head?
Speaker 3: Scott when I'm with you You're guaranteed to smile.
Speaker 1: Smile time every time, Scott. When I'm with you, every time I smile, especially when you give me stone cold winners. Has take a chance on me players beginning with this quarterback.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that all the time, but this week I have your QB twenty five, Jared Goff, who people are bailing on. He was dropped in twenty percent of leagues last week. This last week, he's being started currently in just one third of league's for this upcoming week. I think that's a mistake. Goff has three hundred yards and or multiple scars in five straight against the Cards. Goff's offense has scored thirty plus in eight straight against the Cards. It's a fifty three point over under, which is the highest of the week, and the Cardinals are ranked thirty easiest against quarterbacks so far this year.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm intrigued. I like it, Brian, you take a chance with me quarterback.
Speaker 5: Well, we're in the Jersey. I was gonna roll Sam Darnold back, but that's become too easy already, So I'm going to take a chance on a g no Smith at home against the Dolphins. Gino is still not getting the credit he deserves. Ranks ranks eighth, and passer rating seventh, and passing yards second in completion percentage over expectation. He's also totaled nine rushing attempts so far, one went for a thirty plus yard score. Love them at home against the Dolphins, who haven't truly been tested in their secondary as Trevor Lawrence had just twenty one pass attempts against them in Week one, just nineteen pass attempts for Josh Allen last week, but both quarterbacks through for a score were not picked off. So Gino should have a safe four in this game, and if he can get in the thirty ish pass attempts range, he has a very high ceiling. Miami has allowed the ninth highest pass yards per attempt and the seventh highest seventh highest passer rating so far.
Speaker 1: Gardner Minshew takes on Carolina. I could just stop right there, but I'll note that Minshew ranks number two in passing yards, number one in completions, number one in completion percentage. Caroline has allowed five touchdown passes, already second most. All of Minshew's receivers have plus individual matchups and brock Bauers is my number one ranked tight end. This week, the Panthers ranked twenty eighth in coverage and dead last in pass rush by Pro Football Focus. Gardner Minshew love him this week.
Speaker 3: You want to hear an insane stat about the Raiders this year? Yes?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 3: That helps you. They lead the NFL in pass three.
Speaker 1: PA's right and Tonys here we thought, like the most run heavy coach in the NFL, running it like a thirty two percent clip rate.
Speaker 4: It's it's crazy. Yeah, absolutely, all right, let's go to the running back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but somehow we're still gonna stay in Las Vegas with that run rate. I'm going with Samir White, who's been with you, who's been very unproductive and gross, and you have not liked starting him the last two weeks, but he's still tripling Madison in snaps and touches. He'll get the fifteen to twenty touch volume here against a Panthers D that is allowing nearly forty touches per game to running backs, almost like they're getting behind right right, teams are just running it on them. They're allowing four point nine yards per carry. Samir White with that volume should finally break out.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 1: I'm starting a bunch of guillotine leagues, So I care enough that I don't want to get cut. Brian, Who's you take a chance with me running?
Speaker 5: I got Green Bay's Emmanuel Wilson at Tennessee. Now Josh Jacobs. This is the clear cut starter for the Packers, but with rookie Marshall Lloyd now on ire with the ankle injury, Wilson is in line to serve as the primary backup against the Titans in a game where Green figures to favor the run heavily yet again with Jordan Love looking very iffy. The Packers offensive line currently ranks third in yards before contact per attempt. That is a great clip, and the Titans are just shredded by the Jets backfield to the tune of one hundred and seventy combo yards, which included nine catches and three total touchdowns. So I think Emmanuel Wilson is viable this week.
Speaker 4: If you're desperate, I'm going Jerome Ford.
Speaker 1: You alluded to his game in the previous segment. They fooled around with Dota Foreman last week, given him a bigger role, and you know what they got out of that?
Speaker 4: They got three yards per carry.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Ford is running for five point seven yards per carry this year, so I think Ford goes right back to being a lead back against a Giants run defense that ranks twenty six by Pro Football Focus. They ranked sixteenth in run stuff win rate by ESPN, and they're giving up five point eight yards per carry to opposing runners, so.
Speaker 4: It is ridiculous. I love Jerome Ford in.
Speaker 5: This game, and I failed to men when I did the matchup more of a pass rusher. But Brian Burns added to the injury report Friday, which is a big boon for the whole Browns offense, but definitely the backfield.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the wide receivers position.
Speaker 3: I'm going I'm going Greg Dortch here. The Detroit Lions were one of the worst teams against the slot this year last year, and they have continued it this year where they are the worst team against the slot.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I know, if you look at the game log, you realize they played Cooper Cup and the resurgence of Chris Conwin, which is going to make them really really bad against the slot. But it also means maybe based on last year and early this year, that's what teams are attacking and that's where Greg George plays, so I think he's gonna get his this week. I have him as my wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Take a chance on me player, All right, Brian, You're take a chance from your receiver.
Speaker 4: We are you big deep breath here.
Speaker 5: We're getting grimy here.
Speaker 3: Like it when we get grimy.
Speaker 5: Philly's Britain Kobe at New Orleans. Kobe saw six targets last week with aj Brown inactive, which will be the case of this week. All six should be heavily utilized again this week against the Saints, who have yielded the third most targets to wide receivers so far twenty four per game. And oh yeah, the Saints suddenly had this high powered offense all of a sudden.
Speaker 4: Caame scripts whip into the receiver.
Speaker 5: Which means Philly could be chasing points on Sunday and Britain Kobe's gonna be running free in the slot. I think no one's gonna be paying attention to him. So I'm seeing like eight catches for forty seven yards in this game, and we'll take that all day.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go Duwan Jennings going up against the Rams, Deebo, Samuel ruled out. George Kittle may likely not play in this game as well. That creates twenty one targets and carries that could freed up for others. And Jawan Jennings is like next guy up now on ir for the Rams. In their secondary cornerback Darius Williams, cornerback Den Kendrick, and safety John Johnston. The third you're starting cornerback for the Rams, tore Davius White, has allowed a league worst three touchdowns in two days games. So I like Juwan Jennings. He's a gritty player, he's big, he's physical. Oh, by the way, Rams allowing the most yards per completion of any team in the NFL fourteen yards.
Speaker 3: Per completion, Big chunks.
Speaker 1: That is a that was our chunk plays right there, Scott. Let's go to Denver taking on Tampa. This Denver offense looked god awful.
Speaker 3: Right, but they do get They do get a Tampa Bay pass defense that is ranked the fifth easiest matchup for quarterbacks. So naturally, bon Nicks, who is tied for the rookie leaded touchdown passes zero that's zero with JJ McCarthy and all the other quarterbacks. Riockey quarterbacks, No I have Bonnicks on the bench. Fun sat about Bonix. He is eleven for thirty six for two hundred and twelve yards and four picks on passes of more than five yards down field.
Speaker 5: God, I'm sure Sean Payton finds that's that very fun?
Speaker 3: Yes here, Yeah, absolutely so. I have the whole passing game on the bench. At week one, Veley stood out and Sutton stood out. We too, Josh Reynold stood out. Vale is going to be back. It's it's going to be a mess. You don't want any of them. But in the run game, I'm actually giving C grades on both Javonte, Williams, Angelia McLoughlin, probably Javante if I had to choose one. But the Bucks have allowed the most targets, catches, and yards through the air their running to running backs. They've allowed three top twenty four running back performances, including four different backs just in the first two games over ten PPR points. There's there's a lot to be had in this pass game. Can't do any work. Javante's been a little bit inefficient as he's faced the highest rate of eight man boxes in the NFL. Why yeah, fifty again, because they know Bonicks can't throw.
Speaker 1: Well, you're right about that, You're doct right, that is the answer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but literal answer yep.
Speaker 3: And but Vita Vea will be missing with an injury in the middle to help defend against that run game. So I think with the pass game work and a lot of rushing, maybe both of them can get to C grades. That seems to happen the last two weeks to Tampa Bay. I have an A grade on Baker Mayfield. Brian Johnson will love this. I saw this stat this week Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnifield. Darnold since leaving Carolina forty six touchdowns and fourteen interceptions.
Speaker 4: Wow. Really yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot Sin's leaving Califord Carolina.
Speaker 5: The poor Panthers man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Baker with six touchdowns in two games, grabbing twenty or thirty more yards on the ground. It's the top ten pass defense currently, but it may be a product of the opponents they they've played since they blitz at The Broncos blitz at the league's highest rate, but somehow have the league's lowest hurry rates. Wow, They've only had four sacks of the year despite all that blitzing. Maybe that causes Baker to scramble for a few more yards in his past game. I have B grades on Chris Godwin, C grade on Mike Evans, and C grade on Jalen McMillan. Mike Evans mostly because he's going to see a lot of certain Oh, all right, so I have a secrete. DK Meckout went three for twenty nine on Certan. George Pickens went two for twenty nine on Certan, so it's going to be a tougher spot. But he gets seventy five percent of the end zone targets, so you kind of hope for a score there. Chris Godwin twenty plus PPR points in back to back games. His routes per yard run is three point nine two, which is the second highest in the NFL, behind our man Rashid Shaheed, who leads the NFL OH and Jalen McMillan. I have a SE grade on him, but really it should be a bench. He only has one catch in each of the two games, but he's got nearly a twenty yard eight OTT and the Broncos have allowed one hundred and seventy four yards to wide receiver ninety four of them. We're in the coverage of Riley Moss, who is going to be covering Jalen McMillan in that. So I'm giving him a se grade because he's got the best absolute best matchup and he can get a couple big chunk plays.
Speaker 4: How about the runners?
Speaker 3: For the Runners, Rashad Whites banged up. It looks like he's gonna go. They say he's gonna go, So I have a se grade on him, in a bench grade on Bucky Irving. Rashad White runs routes on sixty percent of his dropbacks. Seattle Runners last week combined for one hundred and fifty yards the Pittsburgh Runners combined for one hundred and thirty eight. Couple scores mixed in but that sixteen plus touches, three to four receptions and the game script being in Tampa Bay and Rashad White's favor I got a C grade on him. I could even go be if he's healthy enough.
Speaker 1: All right, Brian, we need to try to zip through Philadelphia New Orleans if you can. If you can't, then we're going to take a quicker exit on this segment.
Speaker 5: This Saints offense is going to make that tricky. There's a lot to talk about in this one.
Speaker 4: See that let's take a break.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we'll try to get into Eagles Saints, and there is something a lot to talk about with the Saints offense suddenly high flying Alvin Kamara making me look oh so very.
Speaker 5: He's playing like it's Christmas Day every game so far Christmas touchdowns.
Speaker 1: I lost a Guillotine League championship in one of those games that game right there, so that want will haunt me for a long time. Also, when we come back, Houston Minnesota, battle of two defenses will take to respect in that one. Can Sam Dartle maintain his hot start? Stay tuned? Fantasy Football Weekly continues Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Georgian, Scott Fish, and Brian Johnson with you. It wasn't expensive before, but for those of you that may be interested, you can get Fantasy Life Plus for twenty percent off using promo code FFW twenty FFW twenty. This is the first time I've ever mentioned this. It's three dollars and thirty three cents per month, build annually, now even cheaper. As our way of saying thank you for listening Fantasy Football Weekly. A lot of you for many, many years. What do you get Premium rankings, you get Guillotine League rankings, you get a variety of expert rankers. You get me, But then you get four guys that are a lot smarter than me. Dwayne McFarland, Rob Wasiak, Matthew Friedman, Ian Harrett, Hertz, Tiered Rankings, a start sit Tool, Dynasty Tools, waiver tools, lots of great stuff, FFW twenty, promo code, fantasylife dot com.
Speaker 5: You get access to thors NCAA game model too. I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to college football, but I just look at that, throw some things in prize picks whatever and boty bing bout a boom.
Speaker 4: All right, there you go.
Speaker 5: I play on prize picks. I don't know if you've known that, if you've heard that before, but.
Speaker 1: Some regular listeners do absolutely know that. Let's go Philadelphia taking on the Saints here, Brian, Let's start on the Philadelphia. Saquon Barkley has been honestly everything that Eagles fans could have hoped for and more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, was a mere inches from a much bigger box score in Week two, had a touchdown call back that would have been nice, but.
Speaker 4: Such as life the drop pass.
Speaker 5: The drop pass too, but he also he was ruled rule. The touchdown came back, then the toush push came into play. That's back. We'll talk about that in a second. But just to see for Barkley this week. Not not a bounce back spot. Really, the Saints allowing just fifty rushing yards per game to opposing back so far. They've been stifling the position for quite some time. Last season, running backs scored against the Saints a total of nine times. That is not a lot of touchdowns. So just to see for Barkley here. DeVante Smith, I got to be on him if corner Marshawn Lattimore remains out with his hamstring injury. If he returns, I'll bump Smith to a CE, but not much of a difference from the B. It's a strong C. You're starting Smith regardless with AJ Brown extremely likely to miss another game, so you're starring Smith. But if Marshaun Lattimore is out, definitely a bump for Smith. Johan Dotson, I'm bumping him further down the bench than he already was. Just one target last week, now has two on the season. They need to ramp him up a whole lot more, but Britain Kobe might take a chance. Let me wide receiver. If you're desperate in PPR leagues especially, go grab Britain Covee. Why not? And Dallas Goddard. Don't love the matchup, but it's tough to sit him in the waste land I got to see on him. The Saints are yielding just four targets per game to a tight ends for the first two weeks, and last season opposing tight ends to average less than five catches and fifty yards per game against New Orleans. So again, don't love Goddart, but tough to sit. So just a C for him and a B for Jalen Hurts. Considering they face Caroline in Week one, the Panthers have only I'm sorry. The Saints have only faced one real quarterback this season, and that was Dak Prescott last week, who had two ninety three passing and a touchdown, But he also had two picks, So I expect a similar passing outcome from from Hurts this week, hopefully not as many picks, and now Hurts should certainly add an extra element on the ground as usually does, so you're gonna start him regardless, but just a be this week. Over to the Saint side. Not a bee for Alvin Kamara. It's an a. It's it might be the fantasy fonsie A for alban say that I used to good it myself. I'm I'm reminiscing from back in the day. But the Eagles allow you more than one hundred and forty rush yards and four catches per game to opposing back, So look for Kamara to keep the hot start going here. Over to the pass game, Chris o'lave gets a bee. Last week. Olave led the team with a thirty eight percent target share and a fifty seven percent air yard share. Philly's starting corner duo of Darius Lay, Darius Slay and Quinon Mitchell have not been stellar thus far. Slay owns a one hundred percent catch rate and one hundred and forty six point five passer rating in his coverage.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize knew it was bad. I think it was that bad.
Speaker 5: It's like as bad as it gets, basically, and Mitchell has at least been average. But I have minimal concern for a Lave, so a B for him, and uh, basically I had a B, but I'm gonna give Rashid Shahed a C, but I'm going back to the B. Screw it. Shaheed tied a LAVE with a thirty three percent first read share last week, which means he is not a one trick pony. Shaheed is a top ten PPR wide receiver going into week three, so you've got to start him. The Eagles also added safety CJ. Gardner Johnson to the practice to the injury report on Thursday with a foot injury. So awesome either no, yeah, he was getting burned, yet he changed his number in honor of Kobe, and people are saying Kobe is probably not appreciative of that gesture by CJ. Gardner Johnson. Per usual not giving Taysom Hill a starting bench grade. Started at your own risk and uh Foster Moreau eating too Juwan Johnson's workload. So I'm not starting any tight end, but you are going to start. Derek Carr gets a B grade, solid bup borderline A for Derek Carr seventy seven percent completion rates so far while averaging eleven and a half yards per pass attempt. Those are insanely good numbers, and even better, the Saints allowed the sixth lowest pressure rate, the Eagles only seventh lowest pressure rate. Car is gonna have all day.
Speaker 1: He's gonna pick this camp a part saying that that offensive line, no, no ramcheck. I thought that offensive line was going to be awful, and I'm delighted to be wrong.
Speaker 4: Those Saints have been fantastic.
Speaker 5: Derek Carr might leave this game as the leading MVP candidate in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Did not exceed that coming No. One, second only perhaps to Sam Darnald. Let's go to that. That's right, Baby housaid taken on the Vikings. In fact, let's start on the Viking side of it with Sam Darnald. He's been a revelation, obviously, but this is a very tough matchup. Houston allowed the fewest passing touchdowns last year. Only four of seventeen quarterbacks last year topped one touchdown against them. Then in Week one, Houston only gave up nine receptions on the entire game. Then Week two, Caleb Williams got destroyed by Hugh Houston. Houston ranks eighth and coverage by Pro Football Focus. They ranked number one in sack rate. They ranked number five in completion percentage allowed. Sorry, Brian, I'll only get to a ced alright, I'll take it on Sam Donald against a very good pass defense.
Speaker 4: What do we think about the receivers?
Speaker 1: Justin Jefferson B grade rare B grade, A difficult matchup against a terrific secondary. Add into thigh injury, I drop him down to a B grade. You're gonna start him no matter what. But for the reasons I just mentioned with Donald, i'm i'm I have lower expectations. Jordan and Addison ruled out of this game. They're gonna roll extra coverage to Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 3: It might even be Stingley shadowing for Tea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it could be. It could be.
Speaker 1: Jefferson said he never gets like single man.
Speaker 4: It'll be.
Speaker 3: It might be.
Speaker 1: It'll almost always be some kind of bracketing coverage. Hey, how about Jalen Naylor. You know, last week we told you to give that guy a try. Panned out last week. I can't do it this week though. Houston secondary just too good. He's gonna see a lot of rookie cornerback Kamari Lassiter, who's been awesome through two games. They've thrown it him ten times, He's allowed three completions. For a total of twenty eight yards in his coverage and he's got an interception. So I can't get you to Jalen Naylor this week like we did last week. And then let's go to the running backs. Aaron Jones comes in with just the Sea injury hip injury, but expected to play in this one. He's roughly splitting carries evenly with ty Chandler, and they both look good. Jones is getting more aerial work, which is why I'm giving him the Sea and I'm giving ty Chandler a bench grade in this one. Houston's allowed the second fewest rushing yards and the third fewest fantasy points to running backs. They rank number one in yards per carry carried allowed at just two point two yards per carry. It's not good. Ty Chandler would suffer much of the same. Faith let me know this about Chi though he leads all rushers in the NFL's rushing yards over expectation percentage. Ty Chandler's look nice, and this is much more of a crowded backfield than I think a lot of people expected. Let's go over to the Houston side. Nico Collins Scott just in every way the NFL Wow. I mean, you can make close every week eight grade, even this tricky matchup against the Vikings defense, that's been good. Let's droll down on some of the other receivers, like Stefan Diggs just to see grade here. It's his first game back at US Bank Stadium as an opponent, and he's mercurial enough that I think he wants to beat his old team, and he wants to harass the Texan staff and to make sure.
Speaker 4: He gets the ball enough to do it against his old team.
Speaker 3: My son and I are going, do we cheer? Do we boo? Do we sick quietly?
Speaker 4: You cannot boost?
Speaker 5: Come on, you cannot. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: He forced his way out of Minnesota, and.
Speaker 5: What did you get as a result? Justin jar, I should say what what did we get? I'm a Vikings fan now only got those hand on also, But yeah, you can't Diggs. Come on.
Speaker 1: The Vikings defense defends the spot with literally six different guys number and so far it's been working, Minnesota allowing just twenty nine percent of their fantasy points to come from the slot among the receiver position. Also know what that Diggs is getting almost entirely shallow routes. He's averaging just five yards per pass. It is hard to get fantasy points five yards at a time. So I've just got the C grade on Digs, C grade on Tank Dell. Now it feels like Tankdell's been the odd man out, but he's been getting the same number of snaps as Collins and Diggs, and the paul just hasn't come his way yet. That could change at any time, including this week. He'll battle against Stefan Gilmour and Shack Griffin on the outside. They're combining for a seventy five percent completion percentage in their coverage. So I still like Tank Dell and we're gonna keep on starting him as well. Staying with the passing game, Dalton Schultz is on the bench, not getting enough action to start. Just ten percent of the team's air yards are going to Schultz and c. J. Stroud B grade. Vikings pass defense has been shockingly good, mostly because they're getting tremendous pressure on opposing passers forty nine total pressures in two games, including a league high eleven sacks for Minnesota. Still I've got positive roughly, you know, I've got letter grades on all of his receivers, so I'm still starting C. J. Stroud B grade in this one. And then lastly, the running backs position. We already know that mixing is out for this one. Joe Mixon out. It looks like Damian Pierce will not go because this game will be mostly cam Akers. I think you can get to a C grade on him even against a good Vikings run defense that currently ranks number one by Pro Football Focus and number five in ESPN's run stuff win Rate. The Vikings will be without star linebacker Ivan Pace, and he is great in the run game in particular, and that's part of the reason why I feel like we can get cam Akers to a C grade in this game. All right, our next matchup is Carolina taking on Las Vegas. Scott, I'm actually kind of optimistic about what this offense can do with Andy.
Speaker 3: Dalton, But are you starting anyone with it?
Speaker 1: I would start with a seat personally, I don't know what you've done. I can give a C grade to Deontay Johnson and Adam Thielen if oh for garbage time. Interest should be a one sided game.
Speaker 3: I see that. I see that I did give a C grade to Deontay Johnson. Because he leads to the team in targets, first three looks, red zone targets, basically everything. We'll see if Dalton changes that. But Dalton being a much more competent passer, I have a little more faith, So I gave Deontay Johnson a seed despite giving Dalton a bee. I know are a bench grade. I know that multiple passing touchdowns and back to back weeks against the Raiders the garbage time, yeah, I just don't know that I can trust it with Andy Dalton. I don't think anyone's picking up Andy Dalton in his first week of play for the Carolina Panthers. I have a dart throw grade on Chewba Hobbard. His sheriff carries and targets increased from week one to week two. The Raiders have allowed two hundred and eighty five yards to running backs through two weeks. That's good for the tenth most. He gets all the passing game work, and in garbage time he's going to rack up a few receptions there, so he might get you a volume C by the end of the day. It's a tough one, but I think it's probably worth it if you're reeling for running back help with all the injuries over the Las Vegas side. Gardner Minshew was your take a chance on me quarterback, so naturally I got some grades for his receivers. Davante Adams and Brock Bauers are going to get a grades. Davante with fifty five percent of the team's air yards, ninety eight percent route participation, two thirds of the end Zoe looks. He's averaging eighty five yards a game while being targeted nine times per game.
Speaker 4: Awesome, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: Brock Bowers third in the NFL and tight end target share. He's really the only tight end target in fantasy right now that you can truly be like, no, he's gonna do it good for me every day week. And the Panthers the second worst title in against tight ends, allowing nearly seventy yards in a score per game to the possession Bowers is gonna get a large share of that. By the way, most tight ends, most tight end receptions through two games by a rookie, that's a record. Oh wow, yep, even above pitch Sorry, Brian, have a bunch above a lot of people. Actually. Jacoby Myers also getting a C grade, third Banana behind Adams and Bowers, but he's getting three to four catches per game. He'll get the best wide receiver matchup against Troy Hill, who has one hundred and twelve point five rating against this year. Last year is rating against was a Well it's been over one hundred two the last three years, so it's it's not a fluke in the last first two games this year. But why to see he's the third banana. Adams and Bauers combined for thirty five targets, Myers has eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where that's where he really really far. But he's a great player against a bad defense. Well great greats a little strong Jacoby Meyers a good players.
Speaker 3: He's a good player. So I do have the C grade on him and take my take a chance on me. Runner was Zamir White.
Speaker 1: Green Bay takes on Tennessee. Brian Now we think. I think the Jordan Love talk is a little bit of smoke screen that they're trying to make Tennessee have to meet ready for both. They sort of got found money with their win last week with Malik Willis, so I think they're feeling like, you know, even if we drop this one, let's get I think the thing you should be. Let's get Jordan Love in perfect health next week for a divisional game against Minnesota.
Speaker 4: So I think it's gonna be Milik Willis.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how I'm gonna read this matchup. Those are my that's my read too, And it's a revenge game for Milik Willis. They gotta throw him out there. Even though Malik Willis is too nice, he's too good a person. He's like, they gave me my yeah first cred. No, Malik, go out there bloodthirsty and get it. But let's start with the packer's side. Well, Maleiku is on the Packer. Sorry, but the run game for the Packers started with Josh Jacobs easy A. Jacobs has been a belcow so far, averaging twenty five touches per game while operating behind an elite offensive line. I mentioned before, The Packers currently ranked third in yards before contact per attempt, which is a great number for running backs. Tell you are just shredded by the Jets backfield one hundred and seventy combo yards, which included nine catches and three total touchdowns. Love Jacobs this week also like Emmanuel Wilson, us might take a chance on me running back. They're just gonna lean on those backs yet again, which means I don't like the passing game. I have everyone on the bench, including Jaden Reid. If Milik Willis is the starting quarterback. Through two games, opposing wide receivers have total just twenty catches for one hundred and eighty one scoreless yards against the Titans.
Speaker 4: That Titans defense is good.
Speaker 5: You divide those numbers by two, and those are some awful per game averages. I can even do that math in my head. And they face some notable wide receivers Garrett Wilson, DJ Moore, Keenan Allen. So everyone in the past game on the bench for Green Bay for me, including Malik Willis. Now, if Jordan Love does play, I'm pretty much gonna give everyone a CEE, I guess so.
Speaker 1: Although Love at that point would not be mobile right now, I think he'd be pretty stationary in the pocket, And a lot of what Jordan Love does well is when he would he either breaks out of the pocket or on designed boots and stuff. The mobility really does unlock some longer plays for him. I don't think they would be there if he is out there hobbling.
Speaker 5: On one knee. Yeah, I'm with you. So again, we're just gonna ride with the MALEIK. That's gonna be how it's gonna go. Over to the Titan side. Just two starting grades here, starting with Tony Pollard. He gets a B. So much for that time share with Taj Spears we all thought was coming. Pollard has played nearly seventy percent of the offensive snaps for the Titans so far and is averaging more than twenty touches per game, and through the first two weeks, the Packers have surrendered the second highest explosive run rate and the second highest yards after contact per attempt. So a be on Tony Pollard and I was close to giving tay J. Spears a CE take on type grade, but need to see more snaps out of Spears he is on the bench.
Speaker 4: He's also a little dinged up right now, also a.
Speaker 5: Little dinged up. And over to the pass game for the Titans. Just a starting grade for Calvin Ridley. I'm gonna give him a CE. I sat Calvin Ridley last week in a bad matchup against the Jets. He ended up catching four balls for seventy seven yards in a score, added another touchdown on a ten yard rush, so I'm basically not sitting Calvin Ridley after again, but just to see here, Ridley could see shadow coverage from JayR Alexander, who did follow aj Brown on seventy percent of his routes in Week one, but Brown did burn Alexander for one hundred plus receiving yards in a touchdown. Ridley is almost of the same caliber athlete, but Will Levis is a very very bad quarterback unfortunately, So just a see for Ridley. Levis on the bench. DeAndre Hopkins two targets for new this season so far.
Speaker 4: I think you got to just drop.
Speaker 5: You have to at least he caught both the targets and Chigo Konquo, Josh Wiley, and now Nick Venette is in the mix, Took Ross, They're all on the bench.
Speaker 1: Guillotine League still forming every day at Guillotine leagues dot com. This is the freshest, funest way to play fantasy.
Speaker 4: Football at this point.
Speaker 1: Leagues up to sixteen because there are sixteen weeks left in the season available for drafting.
Speaker 4: Now you can play with your friends. You can join a new league at Guillotine leagues dot com. You know how it works.
Speaker 1: Every week the low screening team gets chopped. All the players go to the waiver wire where the rest of us build superstar rosters.
Speaker 4: All you have to.
Speaker 1: Do is not finish last in any given week and you could win the whole thing. It's Guillotine Leagues dot com and lots of content available around Guillotine Leagues. At fantasytlife dot com. We encourage you to check out all of the tools and content available There lots of free stuff. Plus, if you want all the premium tools, you can get twenty percent off using the promo code f f W twenty FFW twenty Guillotine Leagues dot com. Back in moments for our number two Fantasy football Weekly. Our number two Fantasy Football Week. As usual, we start now number two the game. We call three tough questions.
Speaker 4: Tough question number one, where's my paper?
Speaker 5: Tough question number one?
Speaker 1: That was not You didn't need to answer that, Okay, that was just me shuffling papers. What is the appropriate level of concern for Anthony Richardson Indianapolis quarterback Anthony Richardson?
Speaker 4: Is it none? Is it some?
Speaker 1: Or is it a bowel loosening level of existential dread?
Speaker 4: Scott?
Speaker 3: It's some, but it might be a little closer to blow than most people won, especially where they drafted him. Greg Cassel was on the Rust Tucker podcast this week breaking down his film, saying he's missing throws high schooler's routinely make. He has no touch. He's a gunslinger. You know, I'm this is no longer Crossel. I'm going on my own. He has no touch. He's a gunslinger, but right now he looks a little bit more like a stormtrooper from Star Wars type of gunslinging.
Speaker 4: Oh well done, man.
Speaker 3: The Russians going to keep you afloat in fantasy though, and those giant plays will two. Week one he had two hundred and twelve yards, but one hundred and sixty four of them were on three plays. If those two things don't happen for you in a given week, it's gonna get scary. Remember in the Combined Camp when Gino Stone of the Bengals said he doesn't even see his receivers, He's just throwing to spots. That seems a little bit true right now. With the fifty percent completion Week one forty seven point two. Week two, he has two hundred plus passing yards and one to two passing scores in each game though, so as a passer, only six quarterbacks have done that Richardson, Stroud, Carr, Minshew, Lamar, and Brian's Sam Darnold. And that doesn't include his rushing stats. So he's getting it done right now at QB eight, But there should be some concern that his passing is just not there.
Speaker 1: Brian, what's the appropriate level of concern for Anthony Richardson?
Speaker 4: None, some or blow.
Speaker 5: I agree with everything Scott said. He took my talking points and had other ones that I didn't have that I would never had those They were all fantastic, But I just disagree we're on belowed on him because he was getting drafted as a top six quarterback, and personally I'm contemplating benching him for Gardner Minshew this league. I mean, he's the only quarterback with the completion percentage under fifty percent. Bryce Young has a better completion percentage, oh than Anthony Richardson, who has fish alluded to very raw passer. He's got under twenty career starts including college. I mean, we're solely relying on the rushing with him right now, and that is how he got hurt last year. So he's putting himself at risk. So I'm blowed. I'm blowed. I'm very concerned with Anthony Richardson right now.
Speaker 1: You guys have all my talking points six o one. We're here for the rushing, right. You know many designed runs he's had in the two games?
Speaker 3: How many?
Speaker 4: Six and four? That's it?
Speaker 5: Not enough?
Speaker 4: Six and four, that's not enough.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, guys like Justin Fields are getting thirteen fourteen, fifteen sixteen.
Speaker 5: Well, they don't want to, they don't want him to get hurt, they don't want them.
Speaker 4: To get hurt.
Speaker 1: But there are twelve quarterbacks with his any designed runs, as Anthony Richardson, and the passing is bad for all the reasons that you just mentioned. This team is staring at I think they're gonna lose Chicago this week and go oh and three and this will there is a benching possibility at some point with Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 3: Joe Fla is awesome, He's elite.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, look, it's not off the table right now. I'm in full blown blow. Okay, over Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 5: Tough question number two.
Speaker 1: Well, Jets runner Braylen Allen continue to take on a bigger role and ultimately eat into the productivity of starter Brees Hall. For this one, we begin with Brian Johnson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Allen looked very good again on Thursday night. So his rush attempts went from one to seven from week one to week two, pass routes seven to twelve, targets one to four. He's eating in at b Reese Hall's workload already, But I'm not. I think I think we're kind of seeing that, you know, the peak of Allen's usage, But I don't know. I'm at a lost for roots here because we all expected Breess all to, you know, take eighty ninety percent of the snaps and Brailan Allen It's like, why was this guy drafted in the fourth round. He's just been going the second, third round. So yes, I think it's gonna go up. I think he's gonna get about forty percent of the snaps where a Hall is gonna get sixty percent. And that's not what we want, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Scott will jets runner Brailan Allen continue to take on a bigger role.
Speaker 3: Yeah, w people aren't aren't really a surprised because in his early college days he was not just ranked the number one running back. He was ranked by some as the number one prospect, so so yeah, if people remember his freshman year, he was absurd so not really a surprise bigger than Thursday night though he had fourteen touches. He was in the backfield in a lot of two man sets with Hall. But I looked it up. You only have thirty two percent snapshare, only twenty three snaps out of Brailan Allen. It seemed like he was much more involved than that. So I can see it improving increasing as we see, as we see how he did that night, and if the Jets have leads, yeah, he could be out there more. So I do think it's going to increase off twenty three snaps. I think he's going to get more workload than fourteen touches in some games. For sure.
Speaker 1: Brailan Allen passes the eye test, absolutely does the five point one yards per carry, including four point one yards after contact. And he's just a freaking beast six foot one, two hundred and thirty five pounds.
Speaker 5: He is not going to be fun to tackle when the weather gets colder.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm. I'll listening to that.
Speaker 1: And with that frame, he could turn into a goal line threat. For bris Hall. Now, Bristl does have one goal line touchdown this year. Last year, all season, Breshall had one goal line carry for a touchdown. That's it on three tries. Now, granted it was last year was without a functional quarterback. A lot of things different this year, obviously, but you know, Brice Hall touched the ball three hundred times last year.
Speaker 4: You know, I think the Jets might.
Speaker 3: Two ninety nine, thank you.
Speaker 1: I think the Jets may One of the times he caught a like skip pass on the sideline, Okay, he was just failed.
Speaker 4: I failed to call that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I just you wonder if they don't try to take a little work away from Bresce Hall, keep them both fresh, take some wear and tear off of him. I just you know, the eye test tells me Braileen out at Braylan Allen ain't coming off the field much.
Speaker 4: They got a fight.
Speaker 3: It's a very bad thought having them both in there, isn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 1: If that offensive line starts coming together and we started to see it Thursday night, look out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Tough question number three?
Speaker 1: Should I drop Trevor Lawrence in single quarterback?
Speaker 5: Leagues?
Speaker 3: Scott sure, Sure, it feels like he's got the best one, but he's had. But he has three hundred yards and or multiple scores in just seven of his last twenty five games and three hundred yards in just two of the twenty five. So the multiple scores is doing a lot of that legwork there. If you scan through his career, it's basically a third of the games where you were really happy starting him. Feels like he's more matchup dependent and more TACOM territory take a chance on me territory than he is. I should have him on my roster at all time. So yeah, sure, why not.
Speaker 1: Drop Trevor Lawrence? Brian should I drop Trevor Lawrence in single quarterback leagues?
Speaker 5: You were not happy if you started Trevor Lawrence in any of his last seven starts going back to last season, where he's averaging less than two hundred and fifty yards, one and a half passing touchdowns, and one whole interception per game. Yes, you can drop Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 1: I don't like this week's matchup with Buffalo. Evan Ingram's week to week which is not good. He's not going to play this week. Christian Kirk's invisible his metrics for Trevor Lawrence have turned somewhere between middling and bad. He's thirtieth in completion percentage, He's at fifty one percent, leak averages sixty five percent. Now he has been victimized by five drop balls. So there is that looming schedule is not good, difficult at least on paper games coming up against Houston, Chicago and Green Bay over the next five weeks or so. So I don't like it.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm dropped. I honestly. I put this in the I said, should I drop Trevor Lawn. I don't have Trevor Lawrence in a single league, so I don't have to worry about dropping them.
Speaker 3: But you guys, I don't either.
Speaker 5: I am starting Skyler Thompson over Trevor Lawrence in a Guilloteine league. Wow, I'm kindling dropping him in a Guteene league when there's sixteen teams left. Still right, Yeah, he's gone. We got to see something out of him.
Speaker 1: Tough question number four, WHOA, WHOA? Where's Crocky J? Because, as you probably know, Carson Steele's alligator is named Krocky J. Now, if you're Carson Steele and you've got a pet alligator, and out of the blue, you get an invite to Kansas City's training camp back last summer. Are you suddenly gonna buy a bunch of swampland in Missouri for Krocky J? No, of course not right? So where's Krocky J? That means he's in his apartment in Kansas City? Is he in the tub? Is he in the apartment pool? Where is Krocky J?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 1: I mean, would you guys have left behind your beloved animals? Like, like you know, Brian, I think you're a big cat guy, right, how dare you, sir?
Speaker 4: So would you leave behind a beloved animal?
Speaker 3: Okay, here's the problem, my dog.
Speaker 5: Here's this.
Speaker 3: Where's under city ordinance? No one is allowed to keep or harbor alligators or crocodiles within Kansas City city limits? So if he's there, could Carson Steel get arrested?
Speaker 4: You're harboring an alligator?
Speaker 5: He could keep Krocky J. Just over the border though, right?
Speaker 4: And Missouri? See, I think Kansas has got them tighter.
Speaker 5: Will is in Kansas City in Missouri? Or I always get it wrong.
Speaker 3: It's in both. It's in both.
Speaker 1: That's how you so you're never getting you never get it wrong. That's the beauty. I hate beauty. And if Kracky J is not with Carson Steel, then I think the fair question to ask is how do you get so somebody to watch your alligator for you? You're like I was like, hey, Brian, I need you to dog sit. That's one thing I need you to dock sit.
Speaker 4: How do you find a croc sitter for Krocky j? BTUs question or bear is where is Krocky J?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: And no one got it right?
Speaker 1: Chicago at indian Apple. Nobody knows Chicago to Indianapolis. The Bears offense ranks thirty first in yards, gained only one more than Carolina, they'd be dead last. All right, let's talk through this one through. I think Chicago wins this game, as I alluded to earlier, just flat out set it. And I think there's some startable place here, beginning with DeAndre Swift, who was frankly has looked awful. His broken tackle rate is four percent, second lowest amongst starting running backs. He's twenty eighth in yards after contact. But the Colts have been bludgeoned by runners and back to back weeks to open the season, Joe Mix in week one, thirty carries one hundred and fifty nine yards. Then in week two Josh Jacobs thirty two carries one hundred and fifty two yards. DeAndre Swift, I just give me half of that and I'll take the C grade on DeAndre Swift. I'm not starting Caleb Williams here. He's got to be better. He's had six bad quarters and two okay ones. His completions have been almost entirely fast, short first read passes. On passes of more than nine yards, Caleb Williams has completed twenty two percent of his passes.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: But here's where he gets helped Colts defensive tackle DeForest Buckner ir Leatu Latu hip injury. Frustratingly, Williams isn't running much. I really thought they would unleash more running attacks. Just five designed runs in each of the first two weeks. That's not great. That negates one of his better weapons. He already keep Williams on the bench, but I do think he makes Dj Moore usable in this game of the C grade. He runs on the outside, and so far two thirds of Moore's plays have been on the left side of the field, which puts him against corner back Sam Womack, who was waived by the forty nine ers three weeks ago and now in the starting lineup for the Colts. Very green, He's only ever seen one hundred and fifty four career passing plays on his resume. That's a very plus matchup for DJ. Moore comes in with a C grade. Keenan Allen ruled out with his nagging heel injury and that means I'm on a SEA grade and Roma dunes here as well. Finally taken fully off the injury report on Friday. Rome gets the start here and to this point he's only had a ten percent target Right, there's Rome. Andy's starting cornerback Juju Brentz just went on ir he'll most often SeeMe will most often see cornerback Jalen Jones, who's allowing a seventy percent completion rate and an opposer passer rating of one hundred and twelve.
Speaker 4: Let's go to the Colt side.
Speaker 1: We've already told you about some of our reservations on Anthony Richardson, and this is a tricky matchup. Chicago's pass defense dramatically improved last year and it's still good they destroyed Wills in Week one, but more impressively, the whole DJ C J. Stroud in check last week. Since the middle of last year, the average passing game against Chicago just two hundred and twenty two yards and one point three touchdowns. And you know, the X factor here is Richardson's legs and and that's why I guess I'm giving him a C grade on the legs. But the Bears have only allowed eleven quarterback rushing yards so far this year, third fewest in the league. Staying with the Colts in the passing game, Michael Pittman comes into the C grade. Chicago's star cornerback Jalen Johnson might shadow Pittman, which worries me. Last year, Johnson was Pro Football focuses cornerback two. This year he's he's graded at cornerback nine. He is absolutely elite. The bears other outside cornerback, Tyreek Stevenson, is a little bigger than Johnson, and obviously Michael Pittman is very physical, so maybe he would be asked to defend Pittman more and that would be helpful for Pittman because again Johnson's great. But man, if I've got Jaylen john On some of my team. I'm gonna take away Michael Pittman and make somebody else beat me that somebody else would it be Alex Pearce. He's been one of the great surprises of this season. But again, tough matchup here against Johnson and Stevenson, and I'm inclined to let him sit here. I just I don't trust the passing on Anthony Richardson enough yet. But maybe they're gonna keep heaving downfield bombs to Piers. I just think he's a dart throw guy where you need have him come down with that twenty yarder to be valuable, and that's a risky proposition.
Speaker 5: Back to Pittman really quick. He was a late add to the injury report on Friday too, with a calf injury.
Speaker 1: We do not like back in a half week additions, so very much, very dicey. Very Lastly, Jonathan Taylor be great. Bears ranked number two and run stuff win rate and twelfth in Pro Football Focuses run defense rank. The Bears were great against runners last year, except through the air, where they got killed. But Taylor doesn't help you through the air. The Bears run defense has been very good this year as well. They are giving up four point three yards per kerry, which is middle of the pack. But they did a nice job on Joe Mixon last week before he ultimately got hurt in that game.
Speaker 4: B grade Jonathan Taylor.
Speaker 1: We'll take a break when we come back. Detroit taking on Arizona. Fantasy factors all over the field, and we'll find out if Sam Laporta will return to for him when we come back. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly, big block of matchups for you right now, beginning with a game that's got a lot of potential starters in it, Detroit at Arizona for Detroit. Scott, you already earlier in the show told us that you take a chance at me. Quarterback was Jared Goff. Sam Laporta. You know, a lot of us took him at the end of the first round or in the second round, and it has been a slow start.
Speaker 4: But he does lead the league in tight end routes.
Speaker 3: Run yeah, gotta come around right, Yay, he's out there running around. Little did we know his ten percent target share this year only happened once last year. He basically flip flopped with Jamison Williams. Is what happened. Jamison had seven percent last year to twenty one this year, and it flipped twenty one to ten the other way. So basically Jamison and him kind of flipped target shaars. Sam Laporta. I'm still giving a B grade too. He's facing an Arizona defense that has kept down a couple no name tight ends at this point, but they allowed the second most touchdowns to tight ends last year. Let's help laport I can get in the end zone. I already have this pegged four I did mention earlier. I have this peg for a shootout. It was fifty three over under with Jared Goffs might take a chance on me quarterback. I have a grade on aman Ross Saint Brown and a B grade on Jamison. Williams, Sun God and Jamison account for seventy three percent of the team's first ree targets, so when Jared goff has dropping back, it's one of those two guys. A Monro's leading in targets and catches. He'll see second year man Garrett Williams, who is allowed an eighty percent catch rate and then ninety three point eight percent rating. Again so far no scores, but it's aman Rah He's going to get a ton of work. Jameson Williams running a route. His run route rate ninety four percent and ninety one percent. He's running a route all the time out there forty five percent of the team's air yards tied for the league lead in red zone targets too, which is pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: Not expect that for Jamison Williams.
Speaker 3: I know he's shown up big time in the run game. A grade for Jamier Gibbs, B grade for David Montgomery. Jamier Gibbs his five point five catches per game are huge for fantasy despite barely any yardage off of them. But that's a lot of PPR points when you're getting over five catches per game. Seventeen point five touches per game for him, sixteen point five for Monty. They're both going to get similar work. Last year, the Cards were worst against fantasy runners, one of two teams that allowed over twenty five hundred total yards to runners and allowed the most running back total touchdowns. So this is a good spot for both of those guys. A grade on the better pass catcher.
Speaker 4: Though, yeah makes sense.
Speaker 3: Over to the Arizona side, Kyler Murray got an A grade on him. Detroit has the fourth highest pressure rate, tied for fifth and QB knocks downs and third in sects, which might force Kyler to scramble. He had five for fifty seven on the ground in the first game, five for fifty nine in the second game. Seems like a trend there, four passing scores, no picks. The Detroit Lions allowed three hundred and seventeen in a score in week one two twenty nine and two scores in a week two. It's a good spot for passers. Yeah, in the past game, Marvin Harrison, I'm going to an a grade his top speed. By the way, you asked about this last time, three twenty point zero three better than sixteen. Yes, yes, he got that four for one thirty and two in the first quarter. Nothing for the the rest of the game as they got up big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did get up big. But it is a little bit weird if you think about it this way. Yeah, Marvin Harrison has had seven quarters where he's been invisible and one quarter where he was dominating.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Yep, they got ahead, he came off. His snap percentage dropped to like sixty eight percent because he wasn't playing as much. After after that big lead. Lions are second worst against wide receiver statistically, but really it was eighty one percent Godwin and Cup in the slot, which is why I gave Greg Dersch might take a chance on me. Player Michael Wilson. I mean, he's second in snap so he's just got two targets, so I got him on the bench. Trey McBee bride I got an a grade on leads the team in first three targets at twenty seven percent. Harrison is twenty five percent in first three targets. Wow, so he's getting looked at a lot. Trey McBride leading snaps targets. Detroit only allowed four for forty seven to Kobe Parkinson and nothing to Kate Atten. But Trey McBride is a top three tight end right now in fantasy. I got an a grade on him. Over to the running game, James Connor is just getting ton of work, just a ton of work out there. He's averaging twenty one touches with a few of them be two yeah, two to three of them being catches. He only sees an eight man box eight percent of the time, which one is the lowest in one of the lowest in the League, and he's one of six running backs to play one hundred percent of the steps inside the five nine times, nine steps.
Speaker 4: Nine times.
Speaker 3: Detroit hasn't allowed a runner to hit seventy yards since Week sixteen of twenty twenty two, but they haven't seen that kind of volume from a back either, So eight grade or B grade there makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brian, Miami takes on Seattle. Skyler Thompson making not his NFL debut. He has started games before, but mostly Skyler Thompson. We've seen him is coming in mid game because two has just gotten wrecked and now he's got to come in cold. They've got a whole week to build an offense around and four Skyler Thompson. What do you think of this passing attack for Miami as they take on Seattle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, quite simply got to see on Skyler Thompson because I have starting grades on his top three pass catchers, and Thompson he is mobile, he adds that extra element. You've got that armam and this is somewhat of a higher over under in this game as well. So I got to see on Thompson starting with Tyreek Hill of course, just to be for Hill with the obvious change at quarterback with Tua now on ir so we probably need to temper our expectations a little. But you always start Tyreek win healthy, so we're not gonna get into that. Over to Jalen Wattle, he only gets a see here. Waddle has seen an easily twelve percent target share so far, very disappointing. Maybe things will change with Skyler Thompson. I need to see it first before I give him a B grade. But I'm not benching Waddle here. I do have some concerns in this game for Wattle. Seattle has allowed the lowest PPR points per target to perimeter wide receivers this season. That said, they've also played the Broncos and the Patriots. The Seahawks have that Dolphins should be a much tougher test. And your boy charge tight end John new Smith. I got a see on him in the Wasteland.
Speaker 1: Loved how they much they used him last week.
Speaker 5: For sure, and Seahawks good matchup on paper. Last year top twelve in the most catches and yards allowed to tight ends, so bottom twelve. Well, I like to say top twelve in the most and this season so far they are top six in the most catches and yards allowed to tight end, so a see on John hu Smith and a big old A for Devon A Chan saw twenty eight opportunities in a blowout loss to Buffalo last week, so they kept him on the field regardless. Seattle is allowed nearly six yards per carry. Their star run stuffer Leonard Williams banged up with a knee injury. He might not play where he Mostered very iffy to play. Jalen Wright only got five carries last week when Moster was out. Zero targets for Jalen right, so I got both Mostert and right on the bench. Whether Mostard sits or not, it's all about Devon a Chan in this one. He gets the A over to the Seahawks side. Zach Sharboney gets a B grade here at Kenneth Walker all but guaranteed to sit this week. Sharboney took all but two offensive snaps with Walker inactive that last week. That should be the case again this week. Miami is a middle of the road run defense. Sharbonay is the middle of the road talent, but he gets a B based on the expected volume at home. DK Metcalf questionable to play, but he should suit up he gets a B metcalf the clear alf on this team, commanding a twenty six percent target share and in an air yard share north of forty percent. Over to the other two receivers and Tyler Lockett and Jackson Smith and Jigba, they both get a C. Week one belong to Lockett. Between these two Week two belonged to JSN. We shall see what happens. They both get a C grade from me. Noah Fant does not, though he's on the bench sadly, one of my favorite sleeper options at tight end this year. A slow start for him, just three catches on the season so far, and Miami. Miami has basically shut down Ingram and Dalton kin Kay to start the season. The last and certainly not least, Gino Smith was might take a chance, I mean, quarterback, Gino, Let's go.
Speaker 1: Kansas City taking on Atlanta. You know it used to be I could just go, Hey, Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce and Isaiabacheco are easy a's and then we would just move on. But that is not the case of this offense anymore now. Rashee Rice is your obvious A, particularly in the slot against journeyman cornerback Mike Hughes, So a grade for Rashie Rice. Let's go to the other guys where it gets a little bit trickier, including including Xavier Worthy. You know, last week I warned you about the volatility that's gonna come with Worthy due to the low volume. Now, fortunately Hollywood Brown is out, not that we want him to be hurt, we don't. Worthy's on the field a lot more though. He's running nearly as many plays as Rashee Rice, but just two catches in both games so far. His matchup this week will mostly against cornerback aj Terrell, who's been above average for years, but this year has allowed seven to eight passes in his coverage to be completed. So I've got a C grade on Xavier Worthy in this one. Travis Kelcey, you gotta keep starting him. Do you guys know where Travis Kelcey ranks among wide receivers, sorry, tight ends and Fantasy points.
Speaker 4: Twenty seventh?
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say it can't be tventy.
Speaker 1: Seventh here DOAH fense probably better disasters so far, fortunately still running the most routes of any Chiefs player. The Falcons have been a good tight end defense no tight end is top thirty eight yards this year, and the Falcons have only allowed one tight end score in their last fourteen games going back to last year. I've only got a C grade on Travis Kelcey. In this game, Patrick Mahomes comes into.
Speaker 4: The B grade.
Speaker 1: Atlanta's pass defense has looked honestly pretty good, but they faced justin fields and Jalen Hurts without Aj Brown, so kind of an asterisk on that one. Still, the Falcons ranked seventh in passing yards allowed, just one passing touchdown allowed so far, and Mahomes honestly just doesn't look dominating like he used to. So I'm just giving you the BE on Patrick Mahomes in this game.
Speaker 4: Now, what about the running back.
Speaker 1: It's been a big question mark ever since Isaiah Pachecko's injury. The way I'm doing this is this, I'm giving you a C grade in PPR leagues for samaj p Ryn because we know he can catch and he can pass block. Pachecko was catching a lot of passes, Pacheco was catching a lot of passes. I think Pryan walks into that pass catching role and Andy Reid doesn't need to change the offense, so I think we can get Prian to like four catches, forty receiving yards, forty rushing yards, and that's not a half bad PPR game. So that's where I think we get with him. Carson Steele probably needs a touchdown, which you might get. The dude's a beast physically, and if he unleashes Krocky Jay, then I love his chances of scoring a touchdown in this game, but on the bench until we see Carson Steele and what his role looks like a little more clearly. Let's go to Atlanta. Let's start with b Jehn Robinson. He's looked terrific in both games, getting tons of work eighty one percent of the running back snaps for his team. Tough matchup, though, no back is top forty six yards against the Chiefs this year. They're giving up just three point eight yards per carry. I thought about putting Jon at a B grade, but I think the Falcons run oriented offensive line is going to spring him for enough good gains here that I'm keeping an A grade on Jon Robinson with all the expected usage. Now, let me give you the stat of the day.
Speaker 4: You ready for this.
Speaker 1: In the last twenty in at least the last twenty five years. Because our database doesn't go farther.
Speaker 5: Back than this.
Speaker 1: No team has allowed more tight end receptions through two weeks than the Kansas City Chiefs will have allowed twenty five fight end receptions in two games. Wow, we have a database, Yes, we do. As a matter of fact, ad average game by Kansas City by opposing tight ends this year fifteen catches, no fifteen targets, fifteen reception, one hundred and thirty eight yards, which is total insanity. Kyle Pitts, He's daggered so many of us, so many different ways. But this matchup just screams Kyle Pits B grade.
Speaker 4: Kyle how I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Drake London. Let's go to London. As the Falcons clear number one receiver, he'll likely draw a lot of star cornerback Trent McDuffie. Despite matching up against A Flowers and Jamar Chase, which are tough matchups, McDuffie's only allowing three receptions all year for twenty six total yards in his coverage. So I'm very nervous about Drake London. I can only give you a C grade there. Darnell Mooney, I like just as much as Drake London because try McDuffie's going to be tied up on London. That gives Mooney easier coverage against Jalen Watson. He's allowed seven receptions for one hundred nine yards and it's coverage so far. And you could give a little ffw dart throw ooh to Ray Ray McCloud, who's running nearly as many routes as London and Mooney and getting just as many passes as London and Mooney in this offense. He's got a plus matchup against hybrid safety Chamari Connor, who is allowing an eighty three percent catch rate. So we've got a decent starting grade on Ray Ray McLoud. Now with all those season bs, that means Kirk Cousins comes in with a C grade in this game in a tricky matchup. Obviously looked way way better last week than he did in Week one. Part of it was the Steelers are great defense. In week one, they're gonna humble a lot of quarterbacks. Part of it was the way they utilized Kirk Cousins looked way way better in week number two. We got to see Kirk play to his strengths. A lot more in that game, Scott, is Jacksonville Buffalo like three minutes or is it more like five minutes?
Speaker 3: Do let's take a break, Salwich time we've.
Speaker 1: Gotten all right, we'll take a break. We'll do it that way.
Speaker 4: We'll take a break. Wee come back.
Speaker 1: Only we get Jacksonville Buffalo from Scott Fish, and I got a pretty good idea that we're not going to be starting triplet Lawrence job. But you also get the Fantasy Football Weekly Time Machine as we give you premature speculation three players you'll want to pick up this week before everybody else tries to pick them up next week when we come back.
Speaker 6: Fantasy Football Weekly, final segment of Fantasy Football Weekly.
Speaker 1: We always begin this segment with a trip in the Fantasy Football Weekly time Machine. Let's give you three players that are probably available in your league you want to pick up now before somebody else tries next week.
Speaker 4: We begin with Scott Fish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's have my mic on. I'm going to over to the Los Angeles Rams with Jordan Winnington, who Sean mcvah in the preseason said he would be a factor this year. I don't think he thought it'd.
Speaker 4: Be this quick.
Speaker 3: He will be a factor taking over the Cooper Cup role in that offense.
Speaker 1: All right, Brian, your tay not take a chance with me, your premature speculation player.
Speaker 5: All right, Krocky Jay, if you're listening from Kad City, Indiana, cover your alligators. Crocodiles have ears. Probably not anyway, I'm going Kareem Hunts. We don't know what Carson Steel is going to add to this offense. Samaj p Ryan really more of a pass catching back. Kareem Hunt still on Kansas City's practice squad, but I feel like we might see him elevated next week. If he's out there, go grab him? Why not? Who knows?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe Mixon, they wanted to be a workhorse. He entered the season with seventeen hundred career rushes. This thing could be a time bomb. Cam Akers has looked shockingly good off the double, the double Achilles tears.
Speaker 4: The guys look good.
Speaker 1: And if Mixon is going to continue to be in and out of the starting lineup, I think you're gonna want the backup, and I think it's gonna be cam Akers over Damian Pierce even going forward with y is healthy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, let's.
Speaker 1: Get back to the matchups. Next one up, Jacksonville taking on Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Scott Yeah, I have Trevor Lawrence and most of the passing game on the bench. Lowest percentage of aggressive throw rate, third, lowest complete completion percentage, and Buffalo held Kyler and two it down and got a bunch of picks as well. Not a good spot for a guy we just told you you should drop in the wide receivers. Among the wide receivers, Christian Kirk had that touchdown called back. That hurt, but what hurts more is that he's just not in it on two wide receiver sets not targeted. Gabe Davis does lead the team in target but he's not doing a whole lot with Brian Thomas is really the only one producing, and it's due to a few big plays. Buffalo's the third toughest against wide receivers through two weeks, and it's not for nothing. They faced Marvin Harrison, Tyreek Hill, Jalen Waddle. No wide receiver has hit fifty yards on them. But they did give up a to touchdown contested catch touchdown to Michael Wilson in the same role Brian Thomas junior plays. I gave a C grade there I think if he gets a touchdown or big plays, he's gonna get something done. C grade there. I have a bench grade on Brenton Strange, who's taking over for Evan Ingram, but I could see going to a CE. He had six targets after without Evan Ingram last year last week three for sixty five day. The Bills just came up a decent days to McBride and John Smith over the last two weeks. So it's an an okay spot on Monday night if you really need him. Over on the Buffalo side, Josh Allen. I got a B grade on his rushing. His rushing upsim he's getting two hundred plus yards. In the passing game, JAG's allowed a top twelve Fantasy week to both Tua and to Watson. It's an okay spot there. The only receiver really that I have a grade on though, is Khalil Shakir, who's the consistent one. He's the only one. Three for forty two in a score, five for fifty four in a score. Yeah, JAG's allowing the fourth most receptions and second most yards to wide receivers. Hill and Waddle crushed them. Jerry Judy and Elijah Moore both had double digit fantasy days. But you can't trust Keon cole If you're gonna trust one, it's gonna be Keon Coleman on the outside because where they give up the points is the perimeter. Eighth most fantasy points to wide receivers, but the second most on the perimeter. So Keon Coleman maybe at Darth throw probably a bench grade, a C grade on Dalton Kinkaid Jaggs haven't allowed much so far. They're but they're firmly in the middle of the pack from last year. Several big games allowed at the end of last year. Kinkaid probably going to be more likely more involved this week than NOx So. B grade on James Cook. B grade on James Cook sixth highest rate of eight man boxes thirty percent every inside the five rush attempt for the Bills. Much like James Connor averaging seventeen touches for ninety nine yards with a couple catches. We love that, and we just saw Ford and Freeman come by for over one hundred yards. Cook should get most of that work in this offense eight week one also over one hundred total yards. Yeah, Cook will get all that, So be grade for Cook.
Speaker 1: I like him here for Brian for San Francisco and Los Angeles. This would have been, in an alternate reality, a high flying game with tons of starters all over the place, and it'd be fully thrilling.
Speaker 5: But it's the wheelchair Bowl.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm calling the wheelchair Bowl.
Speaker 1: I'd like the wheelchair bal you know, you know, combined like twenty injuries and starters between these two teams.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll be pretty quick standing here. Jordan Mason is definitely left standing. He gets an A for the Niners, the Rams only fifth highest opponent rushing play percentage nearly sixty percent, and this should be a smash spot for Jordan Mason, who runs like the second coming of Beast mode. He looks like a league winner right now. Brandon Ayuke gets an A. Basically the only healthy, starting original wide receiver left for the forty nine ers. It's been a slow start for a Uk, somewhat understandable considering he sat out most of the training camp in the preseason, but with George Kittle and active Deebo Samuel and active, it's time for Ayuke to step up a little. Concerned about gamescript, the Rams are yielding just thirteen targets per game to wide receivers. But you are going to start Ayuk. I'm giving him an a. You're definitely gonna start Juwan Jennings here, take a chance on me wide receiver charge. I'm fully with you there. I was gonna give him a very strong sea. I mentioned George kittle out. I'm not gonna give Eric Salbert a starting grade, but I will throw a bare minimum. Darted him in Daily Fantasy Sports this weekend, and lastly for San Francisco Brock Purdy just to see for him obviously missing some weapons. Game script a concern, Sam France. I'm sorry. The Rams on the fifth lowest opponent passing play percentage, and the over under for this game is set at just forty three. This is like a fifty seven point over under in previous years. Over to the Rams side, Kyrien Williams gets to see a little scared of Blake Koram, who finally saw the field in Week two, only took eight snaps, so he did get a carry on each snap. Blake Koram did, but William's still the clear lead back should see twenty plus opportunities, so he gets a safe see here. Not so safe seas for DeMarcus Robinson and Kyler Johnson, the starting wide outs. I wasn't gonna give Jordan Whitt whittingtonnes See, but I'm with Fish. I think you just grabbed him as a prespect right now. See how he shapes out in this offense. But just to see for Robinson and Johnson, the forty nine Ers are one of twelve teams yielding at least eighteen targets to wide receivers. The Rams should be chasing points here. That's why I'll also give Colby Parkinson to see my boy five catches for forty seven yards last week. We'll take that all day in the tight end wastelan right now. Parkinson also might be the best red zone option for the Rams of these days. But lastly, Matt Stafford on the bench. This team's way too banged up.
Speaker 4: Way too banged up.
Speaker 1: We got the weird two Monday night football games and they're starting him within like an hour of each other, which I hate it. I'm so dumb. Washington Cincinnati is one of those. Let's start with Jayden Daniels. He's quarterback four with zero passing touchdowns. Unbelievable thanks to his one hundred and thirty five rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns. Cincinnati allowed thirty two rushing yards to Jacoby Brissette earlier and twenty nine to Patrick mahon. So the rushing's going to continue for Jade and Daniels. I don't know that he's going to throw a touchdown and get into that column yet, because those are really good Cincinnati secondary that ranks number two in passing yards allowed despite facing Patrick Mahomes. So just to be great on Jayden Daniels for his receivers. Terry mclaurin's on the bench. He is getting killed by Jaden Daniels short passing. Daniels has only thrown five passes longer than fifteen yards and he's only completed two of those. Five of his eight completions to Terry McLaurin, half of them are for negative yards. You can't you can't accumulate fantasy points going negative on your receptions.
Speaker 5: I bang the drum hard for Terry in the preseason. I'm feeling it right now.
Speaker 1: Terry runs ninety six percent of his routes from the left side of the field. That's the same side as star cornerback cam Taylor britt he is Pro Football focuses number one.
Speaker 4: Ranked cornerback Great.
Speaker 1: Terry McLaurin on the bench. Let's go to the running game. Brian Robinson. Now in his third year, Robinson looks leaner, he looks more chisseled. He's running hard, averaging five yards after contact, double last year's rate. Last year, Robinson had just eight runs of more than fifteen yards all year. This year, three Bengals are steamrolled by Ramandre Stevenson in the opener, and they were in process of getting steamrolled by Isaiah Pacheco before his injury last week. I like Robinson here, B grade on him. Austin Eckler has proven to be the PPR helper that we thought he would be a pre season Cincinnati has allowed a one hundred percent catch rate to opposing runner nine targets, nine catches. I like Eckler here quite a bit as well. Flirted with a B grade, ultimately gave him a C grade. Oh and zach Ertz I almost forgot been a good safety valve for Daniels. He's got seven to eight passes that have come his way. The Bengals have been great against tight ends this year, completely shutting down Hunter Henry and Travis Kelce. I'm gonna give you a C grade, zach Ertz, but it's like thirty It's like thirty five yards on four catches.
Speaker 3: So you know, I don't know that's the secret and tight ends. Yeah, kind of kind of a B grade.
Speaker 5: It might be.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Cincinnati side. Joe Burrow a grade. Oh, just like last year, Washington allowing the most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks. And it's not like they played Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes here. They have face Baker Mayfield and Daniel Jones. Sixteen of the last eighteen opposing quarterbacks to face Washington have thrown multiple touchdowns. The two who did not mac Jones and Trevor Simeon. Burrow sitting out at least two touchdowns in this game, and he looked much better in Week two than he did in Week one. Jamar Chase obviously, he's my top ranked wide receiver this week. T Higgins expected to come back. Now, if I knew he was going to get a full workload, I would give t Higgins a B grade against the league's worst secondary. But the Bengals don't need him to win this game, and I think they EA's T.
Speaker 4: Higgins shirt, So I think.
Speaker 1: He's gonna only see like half of the routes in this game. And so I'm giving T. Higgins a C grade out of respect for who he is, and half of the routes might be enough against Washington. But if you're in a pinch, Andre Josebash could still be playable here, because again, the Commander's so bad against the pass, he might be able to get a little something here done. If you agree that Higgins isn't gonna be the guy now, if you've got Higgins, put him in your flex for the Monday night game. Pick up Andre Josebash just in case Higgins isn't active in the game, because Josebash at that point would be a stone cold sleeper and potentially a nice play for your fantasy team.
Speaker 4: Let's go to the running backs.
Speaker 1: Zach Moss. Washington is a decent run defense. They rank eleventh in ESPN's run stuff win Rate. They ranked twelfth in Pro Football Focus is run defense. They're giving up a healthy four point six yards per carry. Moss dominant the snap counts over Chase Brown and he's getting the goal line work. In two years of NFL service so far, Chase Brown has never touched the ball inside the five yard line, not once.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So Zach Boss comes in with a B grade on this one, And really, I think where we are with Chase Brown is he's just a handcuff at this point.
Speaker 5: He had that like one awesome touchdown last year and people just remember that with Jayce Brown, we.
Speaker 4: Do that sometimes.
Speaker 1: Hey, reminder, you can get all the amazing tools at Fantasy Life at twenty percent off. FFW twenty is the promo code. You get all the expert rankings, you get Guillotine League rankings, you get our start sit tool, Dynasty tools, waiver wire tools, all.
Speaker 4: Kinds of deep dive.
Speaker 1: Stuff at fantasylife dot com. And again, promo code ff W twenty gives you twenty percent off and new.
Speaker 4: Guillotine leagues are forming every.
Speaker 1: Day at Guillotine leagues dot com. Best of Lucky Week three, Everybody, We'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 4: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows,