Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and New.
Speaker 2: He scrugs.
Speaker 3: Here we are to Monday where the Cowboys came to Arizona and lost, and all of us had it wrong.
Speaker 4: Sound brought to you by Tostinos.
Speaker 3: You know the crew. Danny McCrae, heckm Harrison, Barry Church, I'm New, he scrugs.
Speaker 2: Buddy, twenty eight sixteen. So that's ugly.
Speaker 4: Yes, we all had it going a different way. I had Dallas winning thirty two to sixteen. Church, you had Dallas winning twenty eight ten. Heck May you had Dallas winning thirty five thirteen. Danny, you had Dallas winning twenty seven to ten.
Speaker 3: We all like cheesez. We all came up wrong.
Speaker 2: I was real. We should have known.
Speaker 5: I just want to say that because you came on here and I was thinking about it. You came on here and said something you thought was positive, and we was all just were just so in the cheese.
Speaker 2: So much we didn't even look at it to say what.
Speaker 5: So you talked to Cede Lamb and Ceedee Lamb say, nah, we know the real test ain't til week five. And we came here and say you did say that? We said, we was like, yeah, you're right, jo Is said. He said, yeah.
Speaker 6: They focused had kool aid, like, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: A week five they know they know.
Speaker 3: Ye a mischaracterization.
Speaker 2: What'd you say? Okay, okay, I'm just so.
Speaker 4: He talked about, all right, we're two and old. Everybody's two and old, right, it's not really something to measure it by. By about week five, we should know what we basically week five, we should kind of know where we and where other teams are.
Speaker 3: We should kind of get a better sense.
Speaker 5: That's better than that's better.
Speaker 2: A little better.
Speaker 3: So so Twitter right decided to put it out there.
Speaker 2: We don't know that.
Speaker 4: I tried to take that little and just say, hey, you're not worried about you're not worried about these guys you were.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't in that case.
Speaker 5: But I'm sorry, CD, but uh, okay, week five, I hope we hope we know it was.
Speaker 2: It wasn't good. So I can't. I can't wait to hear your justifications.
Speaker 5: Soon was standing straight up in the kool aid. That's how much sugar. I can't wait to hear this.
Speaker 2: I got.
Speaker 5: Yeah, come on, my bad, my bad, you want this week? But yeah no, Texas my two schools man, they lost.
Speaker 3: Man, you know, come on rough weekend?
Speaker 2: Class have played around on.
Speaker 5: Hurry, somebody sparking off.
Speaker 2: I got to hear it.
Speaker 3: I got to hear it. Where go ahead now, I mean.
Speaker 2: We already talked off lound about this. I want to hear old on.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: I shot the first text on this.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah no, because I want I want to be the first to say I got on here. Okay, two weeks in a row, I was like, Hey, as long as our defense is playing this way and Big Mike is gonna stick to the game playing and not let the noise get to them, Hey, kicking the field goal, kicking kicking at the end every drive is good?
Speaker 2: Then we okay.
Speaker 5: And then for some reason we get into the game and the noise or something something we're gonna get this one and we don't kick the field goal, and that let me know, everything I needed to know about where we were in that game, about the fourth and four and the four fourth and four week second half. Hey, man, listen, you either trust your defense or you don't. Okay, even if you feel that confident in what you can do in the red zone, your recipe for success over the last two weeks has been what continue to drive the ball down the field, get points, get out of there, let your defense play.
Speaker 2: Out the way, and then.
Speaker 5: You know, we get it. I'm like, well, here we go. The person's on. Person's on didn't feel good. Didn't feel good. But I did get to the end of the game and I said, man, I might understand why Big Mic running the ball in the red zone because based on how I finished, I guess we'll figured out it out. But now I'm not going when you was going to church, I'm gonna let you get that first. I'm not going on the lab where we was mixing count out lab was good. I mean, I sent a couple of text message and I was like, Big Mic is cooking. You know what I'm saying. The red zone we just we stalled out. But I would rather just hey, man, if you're gonna start kick.
Speaker 2: The ball that's true.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, man don't okay, let me just read let me read the text aside.
Speaker 2: You don't have to do that, man.
Speaker 5: I mean, initially my initial response after this game, I was disappointed. I was disappointed because in the text he said, look, they sleepwalking, and that would have been the last thing that I would have expected from this team because they are unproving they would come out and and play the same way that they played over the first couple of weeks. But they came out and they just slip walk, especially through that first half. And to me, I think as we were going through the game, there were things that Mike was doing, like you were saying yourself, Okay, that's a great call.
Speaker 2: You're in your bag right now.
Speaker 5: You're keeping the ball moving, really keeping this defense, letting Dan Quinn make whatever adjustments that he needs to make right now. Because obviously the Cardinals saw something on tape that they exposed and it's the same old thing, run defense, run.
Speaker 2: Defense, over and over and over again.
Speaker 5: And we know as we go through the week, we're gonna talk about what this next team coming up is going to expose as well. But man, I couldn't have nothing could have prepared me for the lack of effort on the defensive side.
Speaker 2: It just couldn't.
Speaker 5: Nothing could have prepared me for that, and I was it was one of those things like I kept saying to myself, like, damn, we seriously underestimated these dudes. And y'all may not remember this man, but Mike Tyson was the baddest man in the world February tenth, nineteen ninety before he met Buster Douglas.
Speaker 2: The next day and the next day.
Speaker 5: Buster Douglas showed the world that he bleed like us, right and after that the Kurt was down. I think everybody know about this defense. That was every offensive tackle in the world was scared of Michael Parsons. They ain't this morning because they saw this is how you beat them. You put twelve personnel out there, you bring those tight ends out to his side, you wash him down, and you take those guards and those tackles and crown on them out on those safeties and James Connor, James Conner should have had two hundred yards if he had any speed, it had two hundred yards, you know. So look, it was it was disappointment on my side on what I felt for this team.
Speaker 2: I felt like they slept walked through it. Man.
Speaker 5: But hopefully they'll take this look at the tape and just take this as a learning experience, because man, they have to be better than this, especially over these next couple of stretches of games.
Speaker 6: Now, you guys are both right, I mean, they got to play better overall. I mean in all three phases. Well, I don't know Special Teams they bought out. I ain't gonna lie. You know, that return from turfing could have been huge.
Speaker 5: Twenty nine was out there making a whole bunch of time too. I don't always want to shot like split the spotlight on CJ. He was out there doing doing what he was supposed to do. But yeah, so Special Team did do things. But there was three things to me that kind of kind of stood out in this game. One, they went back in time and got into the penalty box again. Thirteen penalties for one hundred and seven yards. We haven't seen those type of numbers since twenty twenty one. You know, we thought that was behind us.
Speaker 6: So the penalties definitely hurt this team overall to kept them behind the change and kept in those third and long situations. Then you looked at it, y'all both already hit on it. You talk about this defense, it was disappointing at the fact that not only did they get in twelve personnel and kind of just jam it down this defense through the gut, but they.
Speaker 2: Were also able to hit the edges as well.
Speaker 6: You know, usually it's one of the other, either you're gonna be able to cut this team or you're gonna be able to hit the outside.
Speaker 2: But Arizona was able to do both of those things.
Speaker 6: And then they got into that eleven personnel and you know when dan Quinn loves to run that three safety, that three safety you know, got the down safety and the two guys up top.
Speaker 2: They saw that.
Speaker 3: And they exploited it with the run game.
Speaker 6: They put more in the backfield, saw that speed and he was hamstring busting guys all the way down the sideline. So they got him in that eleven personnel and they ran it down the throat of those safeties and you saw the holes were open. They were like five yards wide out there. So to me, that was another thing that stood out. And then you talk about the offensive side of the football, there was a couple of mistakes, you know, game plan wise, and just scheme wise out there that that we saw. There was a couple of players where Mike McCarthy, he was doing his thing. He was in his back getting CD lamb the ball early and often you saw all gallop out there. He showed up. I mean, was he was balling as well. But when you get down to the red zone, man, you gotta punch it in. You gotta find a way to punch it in. And we talked about this two weeks ago when it was in what was at New York or was it, Yeah, where they were in the red zone. I think they went two for six and we all kind of brushed it off, like guy, you know, they finished with a kick. But when you go against teams that are gonna test you a little bit, and nobody up here, including myself thout Arizona was gonna test Dallas, you gotta be able to finish those drives off, especially when you're inside the ten yard line. We gotta find a way to punch the ball into the end zone. But to me, this was the first game where Mike was kind of tested as an offensive play caller, because if you look at.
Speaker 3: It, the first two weeks, he didn't he didn't have to really do much.
Speaker 6: You know, in New York they were up nineteen nothing before the national anthem was done. The following week, you up thirteen nothing. So he was kind he just had to play with play to his defense. This was the first game where offensively this team needed to put it on their shoulders, and they weren't able to get the job done.
Speaker 5: Last night, I heard you on the post game show talk about that run deal more play, specifically about the three safety look, and it was that scheme that's I'm studying you. We got the personnel that we whoa. Y'all came out with the look that we were looking for all week, and it was like their eyes got that big when they saw Jaymon Curse sitting back there and they gave that.
Speaker 2: That two way go.
Speaker 5: Just as a safety, how do you attack a situation like that when they got you walled off basically, and it's you one on one with the guy you and if you don't make that tackle, it's a rout. But then not only do you not make the tackle, he burned you hamstring busters. And you notice just as well as I do, when you were in that middle of the field, you see those seeds part like that, and you.
Speaker 2: See it's one with that running back.
Speaker 6: That's one of the hardest things in football because he has a two way go and you can he's running straight at you some either your flat foot or you're trying to just go and shoot your shot. I was always, man, look I'm gonna shot my shot. If I miss, I miss. But that's that's a tough situation, man.
Speaker 5: I think one thing I just wanted to add to one of the disappointing but then something that I'm I'm feeling good out with the defenses.
Speaker 2: If you watch our defensive line.
Speaker 5: All right, we always talk about you got to earn the right to pass rush, all right, it didn't look like they like they just wanted to get out there and pass rush. I think what we got caught doing a few times as well, is we're taking on these pulling linemen from the opposite side of traps and pulling leads right encounters, and we're getting caught in those spikes, right Micah going underneath, the three technique going underneath, and then they're getting washed. So when they come around, it's a tight edge and the safeties and the linebackers who need to get over the top, they're not getting over there. I saw my Marque's bell get stuck inside on one of those and Vanderist didn't get over the top. And it happened a couple of times, But a lot of times when you see it, it's we're lined up the lineman or going when we called spike, they're lined up in the outside gap and on the snap of the ball, they're going inside. And when you get pulling guards and pulling tackles in those type of situations, if you're not knocking those guys off trackration, you in for a loan. And that's when the safeties are looking at guys running up on them like that with nobody touching them. And we got caught in that for almost every single one of those big runs twenty six yard run, forty yards. We got caught in that position every time. But the thing about it is that's something that's correctable to me. Like so when you go back and you watch the film and you say, hey, what happened to us on display? All right, Hey, man, if you're gonna you're gonna spike, you gotta knock those pulling guards off that track, because if they could just come around and get up on those safeties and those linebackers, then we don't have a shot. Okay, So maybe you run less of that, or maybe you run in a different situation. But I think we got called in some stuff that you can coach yourself out of or call a different play to get you out of. So I'm not feeling as bad, but we just got caught in it so many times. And I don't want to get back on this Monzie Smith thing. Okay, but we drafted the first round for a specific reason and we had thought kind of that we had changed it. But we do know New York got away from the run. I mean not New York. Yeah, actually Jet. The Jets got away from the run, and then we were up so much on the on the Giants that they couldn't run. And now we're like, oh here we go. Here it is, and you know, we didn't show up. So that's unfortunate. But like I still got faith, I still got fake that Reizon office does have to get fag out.
Speaker 3: So from the defensive standpoint, stay right there.
Speaker 4: The first half, five possessions, five scores, field goal, touchdown, touchdown, field goal, field just right there.
Speaker 2: He gave up ten points up to that.
Speaker 4: Then the second half to that, Arizona had the ball four times punt punt touchdown into game, so the defense did not get.
Speaker 3: It done at all.
Speaker 4: And then on the other side, we talked about the Cowboys offensive line and we all got we all got the text said, Okay, you know Zach Martin, Tyler Biattish and Tyler Smith is a time decision and he ended up dressing but did not play.
Speaker 3: That did have an that was a part of the problem.
Speaker 4: Just suppose when you talk about you got ten penalties in the first half a loan of the thirteen, they clearly were not congruent in terms of what you need to be on an offensive line front.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you this, I ain't never been so mad with how many times they cut to my man dressed out in full pads on the sideline.
Speaker 2: Why, thank you? Thanks.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm watching the game and I'm like, what, bro, what why they keep showing this spin?
Speaker 2: Why is he in full pads? What? Why captain? What's the captain that way he was? Why is he in full pads?
Speaker 5: Like, don't even now, were just putting the spotlight on we know this week, but you know why I'm on it.
Speaker 2: You know why I'm on this on this topic all right? And it just don't like I was just mad every time I saw it.
Speaker 4: Every time you were you mad that you saw or were you mad because you saw Tuma struggle?
Speaker 5: Now listen, listen. As much as the offensive line struggle, I still think we still we still had a shot shot. I think we still had a shot. Yes, I would have I would have I would have hoped. I'm more mad because I'm like, we already knew this was gonna happen. But I am I mad that I saw him struggling? Or am I mad that we continue to put ourselves in a situation where you know there's a guy or grouping whatever it is you you the guy behind them needs to be a possible starter because they're gonna get a lot of time.
Speaker 4: What I didn't get is when and this happened to the pre game Christy Scales talked about it on the pregame show Adoga Left Tackle.
Speaker 3: I was surprised Tom Smith was coming back.
Speaker 4: That was my bigger surprise is if I'm going to move somebody left tackle, even though it's Tyler Smith's first game, I'd rather have him out there than than seems more like a guard than me.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 5: I wasn't. I wasn't surprised at that. I mean, I was more surprised at how he struggled, especially how good he looked at guard for just playing for the first time at guard. I figured they've been practicing all week with Tyler Smith at left guard and probably Tyring at so you show up on game day, we just can't switch it right here on the spot, especially with a guy like Idoga who has the most experienced by playing by playing tackle. But it's just look, the thing for me is they're not going to give the Cowboys any excuses about the offensive line period. That's not gonna happen, all right. But the play calling. You've been talking about guys like Brandon Cooks, all right, Brandon Cooks being the difference maker for the wide receiver room, bringing these guys together, and it seemed like.
Speaker 2: To me the wide receiver room took a step back, all right. And I don't know if it's if it's look.
Speaker 5: I know, if you play football, you play on the helmet, you used to contact and you're not scared of nothing. So I don't never say football player scared. But when I looked at Brandon Cooks, it was a it was a third down.
Speaker 2: He catches a curl route.
Speaker 5: He's he could turn around, He's got yack opportunity and he backs up for five yard that usually they are.
Speaker 2: Come on first thing, you know, like what you're doing? Bro?
Speaker 5: When I said it turn around from him, he was probably this, dude, I'm saying this. Why I'm not gonna fight be Cooks on that because he played the game long enough and probably got got hit after catching that ball so many times when he's like, all right, I just I just.
Speaker 2: Need he mad for that's the only reason that that's on.
Speaker 5: You don't get nobody no excuses. No, he was that was zone that linebackers coming out. He knew that all I gotta do is throttle down on this curl. The guys behind me all got this. Come on, Mike Tomlin here, Okay, I ain't gonna make your excuse for getting the first down. The route, he ran the round, he caught the ball, he got the first down. I ain't gonna can he gets some yack. Yeah, I will talk about Hey man, we gotta throw the ball a little deeper, my man. Every every deep passes like stop, wait, come back, almost back showed like, hey.
Speaker 2: Man, throw it out there. You got some fast dudes out there. Put it out there. Let him run underneath and catch it. We can get that done.
Speaker 4: Did he have enough time with the way the offensive line was leaking a little bit to do that. Let's take a break when we come back. Dak Prescott, you up, you up, you up, Church, get it ready, get it ready, get all right, plays lounge, just chilling.
Speaker 3: Dallas Cowboys, comraded picks on.
Speaker 2: Him, won't know him.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: As they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Press Scot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for?
Speaker 2: Get started?
Speaker 7: At blockchain dot com.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here. What's Smoothie King? And Smoothie King wants to ask you? What's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and.
Speaker 2: Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 5: These smoothie bowls start with USI and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth granola, and a savory peanut butter drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo boss dot com and at Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your own boss.
Speaker 10: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across this big state, and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 1: Home are away.
Speaker 10: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love.
Speaker 3: For them boys.
Speaker 10: Smiranoff we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 5: Check out the latest and greatest addition to tours at AT and T Stadium and at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: Meet Jerry Jones, an interactive experience.
Speaker 5: Get a peek behind the curtain and into the fascinating life of Jerry Jones. With a focus on innovative fan experience in partnership with AT and T. This interactive technology give tour ward is the opportunity to ask mister Jones a variety of questions. For more information and to book your tour, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash tours.
Speaker 4: Hey keick Ma Harrison Players. That's brought to you by Tostitos Sinbury Church did pray, I knew he scrutch.
Speaker 2: Let's get the school. You played it off. We played it off. You played it off.
Speaker 4: Atlanta against Detroit. That was a twenty to six Lions win. McCrae, you had it Detroit twenty four to twenty HECMA, you had a Detroit twenty four to seventeen.
Speaker 2: Church.
Speaker 3: You had a Detroit twenty eight, twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even Atlanta for a second, I had.
Speaker 4: It twenty four to twenty three Detroit Saints at Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Man packed tame in eighteen seventeen.
Speaker 4: I had it Packers twenty seven twenty Church, you had it Packers thirty one, twenty four.
Speaker 3: Heck you had it Saints to thirteen.
Speaker 7: Who that who that d Man?
Speaker 3: I don't know you had it since seventeen.
Speaker 5: I did did.
Speaker 3: Chargers twenty eight, twenty four.
Speaker 11: For y'all West, Babyya West, I had baby twenty eight, Minnesota Church thirty one, twenty four Chargers.
Speaker 4: Heckma, you had it twenty four Chargers with the MAC you were mean Minnesota thirty one twenty eight.
Speaker 3: The word out, Brandon State.
Speaker 2: But put the word out, the word out that is fact, and you got and you God almost blew it too. I'm worried. I'm worried. I gonna man, you're the only person called the player who struggled.
Speaker 6: I'm worried, man, because three weeks in a row, if one and you do a full back counter and come.
Speaker 5: On, is Stanley trying to get look like it and it's like, I mean, this is an attempt to you were talking about.
Speaker 2: Killing making terrible. Man, I worry. I'm worried, man.
Speaker 5: Because this man he got four downs to get the first down, but close the game out full back, drop.
Speaker 2: Full back. It's frightening. That's why I said I can't really, I can't really get get that job start. You already learn from knock that that's new words. How I did, how I did it back.
Speaker 3: I'm worried, though, man, Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Should be should be worried, should be worried. So okay, so that well, we'll pick Monday nights games. Got two games and I will do that. Here, I'll give you floor, give you the floor. You want to talk about number four?
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, Son yesterday, I'm I'm not gonna I'm not gonna killing too bad. I'm not gonna killing too bad because yes, was that interception got off in the back of the ends, and of.
Speaker 2: Course it was.
Speaker 6: I mean it was quadruple coverage back there, and he said he tried to fit it between the man's ears behind it.
Speaker 2: I don't know that was that was. That was a tough decision.
Speaker 6: I never played quarterback, so I can't sit here and get it all.
Speaker 2: You ain't none of the positions set. But he's too crazy, man.
Speaker 6: But what hurt him is what hurt him is they got outside of themselves. When's the last time we saw here besides the eighty three snap game last week? Because it was eighty three sets, so everybody's up, ticket's gonna go up. But forty pass attempts. I mean we getting back into my man Keller, that type of situation where you know the formula, you know the formula to win games. You got an historically great defense on that side of the football.
Speaker 2: Were they leaky a little bit yesterday? Without a doubt, but.
Speaker 6: You still gotta have some type of faith in them, because, like you always say, proof time and consistency. Dan Quinn has showed you that he can come through for you in the clutch. But to go out there and just throw the ball forty times. To me, that's that's getting into that area where it's not yourself and you're putting it more on Dak to lead to put it on his shoulders instead of the defense. So I feel like they did a little bit of an injustice.
Speaker 2: For him right there.
Speaker 6: But overall, it comes down to this man that he's got to make better decisions when throwing the ball in those type of situations.
Speaker 2: And we talked about this.
Speaker 6: All last year. You can't compound the mistake. You see where you want to go with the football, but if it's crowded and money like that, use your legs.
Speaker 2: We've seen it happening in that game. He was able to screen, he was able to get those first times in.
Speaker 6: Those yours, get out of the pocket, throw the football away, or check it down. You can't compound the issue by throwing into triple on quadruple coverage because that was a big point in the game.
Speaker 2: That was it right there.
Speaker 6: So, like I said, I'm not all killing too much because I feel like it's a combination of play Colin and in the officer system that they put in there for that game. But he's just got to make better decisions with the football and uh yeah, and that's it.
Speaker 2: I don't want to kill the man. I don't want to kill It.
Speaker 12: Ain't about telling the truth. It is all right, come on, man, and I'm not listening. I'm not on here to killing me that. I'm just saying this. Okay.
Speaker 5: Over the first two weeks, especially heck, okay, especially you, when I was like, man, he almost threw it and that don't count. He ain't throw it. Okay, got away with another one before he threw that.
Speaker 2: Okay. Not on play calling, I'm with you. That ain't gonna play color bro.
Speaker 5: That's a simple read that a linebacker is playing the middle zone right there.
Speaker 2: He almost threw it right to him. Okay.
Speaker 5: Then we come back in the red zone. Okay, triple coverage, triple that's okay, behind who's ear. So I'm just so, so what happens is you get you continue to get away with that stuff because they dropping interceptions because saut Gardener should have had one.
Speaker 2: All right, you're coming here and you get away with it.
Speaker 5: So you continue to do that type of stuff where I'm like, okay, if he's dynamic now using his legs, then he has an opportunity to extend plays, so I don't feel like he's as comfortable as I want him to be. He is using his legs a little more, but he has to be better with reading these coverages, looking guys off, or just taking what the defense gives you. He does it for the most part. Now he's been doing that throwing to the tight end. But eventually, okay, week four or five, six, they gonna sit on these short routes they have been and they're waiting for you to do that. So in my mind, I'm like, that's why I said, Mike MacCarthy's gonna keep opening up the playbook and we're gonna see some double moves, a little bit extra stuff. But my biggest issue with DAK over the last few weeks is we said Brandon Cooks is gonna be your deep, deep dirt guy. Okay, you have Michael Gallup who looked fast, looked like he can catch the deep ball, and then you also have CD Lamb. For some reason, we are one of the only teams as I'm watching NFL renz on on Sundays, who have not been able to throw one of those long deep passes with the receiver runs up underneath it and catches it. It's always one of those ones where you got to stop and come back. It looks like a back shoulder, the passing offer, the potential passing ofference catch that we saw Michael Gallup I felt was win and it should have been just thrown over his shoulder. So I think the connection with the receivers and Dak being able to throw the ball a little bit further so they can run up underneath it and have a true big play. I think that's where I want to see the improvement with Dak. Eighteen precious two sacks. He was under the rest, didn't have three of his offensive linemen. Look you, I'm not gonna get this man any other excuses when it comes down to where your ball needs to be placed. That one that you're talking about to Mike g Man, you put that one on the rope. You put that in the corner and give him an opportunity to make that play. But ceedee lamb on that fade route. You got to compete for that ball.
Speaker 2: You can't throw. You gotta compete for that ball.
Speaker 5: You can't throw your hands up thinking that you're gonna get the Pi bass the ball.
Speaker 2: Look, Brandon Cooks Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 5: I don't know when he became this intermediary route running guy, but that's kind of the way they pegged him in the slot position down in the red zone. You got to help your quarterback out there. Dog, you can't run to the content. He's running to the contact, all right, Ceedee Lamb, You've got to do better at your I mean just getting off the ball for Ceedee Lamb. Especially in this game. They looked like they had him blanketed. But the one play for me, like I was like, come on, Dak, I can't defend this is the fourth and fourth and goal. Jalen Hurts. This hurts my heart to say, Oh, Jalen Hurts. Are the top five quarterbacks in the league. You you gotta make a play right there.
Speaker 2: Doc. You can't throw that ball into triple couse, you can't throw the ball.
Speaker 5: You know, you gotta make a play if y'all gonna trust that, you're not gonna kick a field.
Speaker 2: Goal right there.
Speaker 5: And we got we gotta get points. And it's you and one man. It's you and one man. Come on, now, you gotta be a playmaker, and you gotta make that play because I know a dude in your division that would have made that play, that big tackle makes it consistently. You know, my man calls him a running quarterback. You know, I don't like him, you know here, hey, well I don't like him at all now.
Speaker 10: But.
Speaker 5: Then and then to be positive here, all these things to me can be fixed. I'm don't know about the interception thing. I'm not like he's like, I know, I'm gonna throw less than ten. He lucky they dropped them. Okay, he be halfway halfway to ten right now, and that and that's and I'm not and you got that tape that they are dropping them thrown right into their hands and he be half way to ten. So I don't know about the interception thing. I think he does have an opportunity with his ball placement to make sure that he's throwing the ball deep enough for guys to actually make big plays on not ones where they got to compete because they're beating them off the line of scrimage. I just want to see him complete those and then listen, defenses moving forward are going to be sitting on these on these shorter NBDIA routes, so you're gonna have to find find a way to stop them from sitting at the sticks. Yeah see he tried to run that fourth down league to the to the full back.
Speaker 2: Buty and.
Speaker 5: You the only dude that was talking about lifty and just like that passed. They get the first down conversion two liftkey. I'm like, dog, don't go away from that. Keep running that, you know, come back to that. This play is like that that. I feel like when you especially when you get down into the red zone, you cannot lack creativity. And that's where the plays to me, it just lacked creativity in the red zone. They gotta do better. Man, that's not a right. Rico's balling, so oh yeah, good youth, grace. He making some plays. Keeping some folks on the bench too. Yeah, I know, break but he is doing.
Speaker 2: Somebody on the defensive side ain't balling. They moved them on the outside. Let's see.
Speaker 4: Is called a t's We will come back Bury Chess, Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: Come back with that. Along with heck Ma, Harrison, Danny and Cray he scruggs.
Speaker 4: This players Lay Team by Tostitos on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 13: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, because every deal needs a your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: As they snapped a presh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped left. He'll look full a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know him in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Press Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crew T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 10: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeirenov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys smear enof we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Back to the players. Loune Dallas.
Speaker 5: Game Time Power by Lenovo, the official gaming platform and community of the Dallas Cowboys. Sign up now and compete in Man in twenty four to four chance to win two tickets and a VIP experience to a twenty twenty three Dallas Cowboy home game. Qualifiers begin on October the sixth and run through the thirteenth. Learn more and register at Dallas Cowboy game time dot com.
Speaker 3: Players Loup's brought to you by Tostito's.
Speaker 4: The panel is Dan mccraye, former Cowboys safety, Barry Church, former Cowboy safety got hect Maherrison. I am newly scrugs before we dive into the defense here Oregon, Colorado. Come on, I got to put.
Speaker 3: That one out there.
Speaker 2: Oh I forgot about that.
Speaker 5: Now we can't do that. Did they pick that? I believe? I believe only one who y wat say yay right, wall Ya gotcha ship Slash we don't even know Slash water Man we have and Chris cut us out, Chris.
Speaker 4: We do have two money screams. Philly Tampa, just to go go through good what they got now? I got Tampa winning twenty four to twenty three BC. You got Philly winning twenty four seventeen. You're still standing back if you got Philly win in twenty seven seventeen. You're still good with that? Yeah, you got Philly thirty to twenty four.
Speaker 2: Good with that?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: The other Monday night game Rams at Cincinnati, we got the Natty favored by three.
Speaker 2: Give me happening to Borrow? La? He's still stop? Is he? L A?
Speaker 3: Twenty four to twenty one? What you got?
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm gonna go to La on this one.
Speaker 6: Twenty seven fourteen, he's still playing.
Speaker 5: You know, I think I'm gonna stay with I'm gonna go through Rams too. I don't think Borrow gonna play, So.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Twenty fourteen, twenty fourteen, it's gonna be a long night for Natty's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got I got the Rams nineteen thirteen. What the heck? I'm rooting for Joe.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he's gonna play. And I also don't know if you're healthy. Actually, I know you're not healthy, So I'm not listen. I'm trying to get I'm trying to be the one with the best record in I'm not. That's not why I'm figuring the game. It's my head, noting my hot. My head not my hot. Yeah, yeah, that's you gonna win I never thought I see the day the law the lost.
Speaker 2: Proved.
Speaker 3: So so.
Speaker 6: You want to get into a defensive Yeah, man, we gotta get into this man, because I'm tabic word.
Speaker 2: I mean, only one game, is only one sample size, only one game.
Speaker 6: But when you look at the all twenty two, when you look at the skybird of this game right here, twenty six dround playing, he didn't look good. He didn't look good at all at the line of scrimmage, playing off coverage.
Speaker 2: Because we know what dan Quinn loves to do. He loves to play man and man.
Speaker 6: They play man and men more than any team international football. Like I think it's like sixty five percenter, some craziness like that. But the outside, Daddy, you notice, is different from the inside. Things on the inside happened quick. You can get you, you can have that first initial movement and get your ass on the quarterback because things happen really fast in the slot. On the outside, it takes a little bit longer to develop. You won't have longer routes out there, double moves, things of that situation. Man, when you looked at it, the guy looked lost out there. He looked lost. He was turned around multiple times out there, they was targeting them. Hollywood Brown, who I would not even consider a top would y'all say, twenty receiver in the league, wouldn't even.
Speaker 2: Consider it was out there toasting boys. And he wouldn't the only one.
Speaker 6: I want to say, he wasn't only one, because Gilmore, twenty nineteen Gilmore doesn't look like twenty twenty three Gilmore. It does look like he lost a step. And I don't think I'm crazy by saying that. He looks like he lost a little bit of step. Still got the technique, can still be one of the top, you know, fifteen to fifteen corners in the league, but he does look like he lost a step and he struggles with speed. But overall playing going forward, is that the move to leave him outside? I mean, I don't know what other options they got right now. Maybe if Nashan right, when he gets healthy, coming back down, he can be better on that outside a little bit longer length and all that good stuff. But yeah, dron Blade, he struggled big time out there on us. The move is I talked about this last week traveling corners. Okay, you got Stephan Gilmore out there if you do have because remember when dron Bland came in last year, he was on he was at the left corner. Yeah, so this is first his first real action at the right corner. So one little learning adjustment, which is the thing. But then also you do have Stephan Gilmore out there, all right. So I think dan Quinn is smart enough to say, listen, if we got a guy who was getting targeted, which he's going to get targeted the season.
Speaker 2: Then you got to put your best guy on their best guy.
Speaker 5: If you're running man a man, still sixty percent of the time that you're that you're playing defense, all right. So I think that's the next step into intend to what dan Quinna, do you.
Speaker 3: Want a thirty two, thirty three year old guy traveling that court?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we let me tell you something. Protect your players, okay, because dron Blain is gonna get targeted all the time. They're actually gonna start lining their best receiver on the right side only until we do something to make make to make them stop doing it.
Speaker 2: And what will you do you think nation shun.
Speaker 5: Right is I think I think nationhun right is the key in the zone. I think I think that's where that's where he would best be suited. I think the plan the man right now with Deron Bland, and if that was the game plan coming in, they gonna they have enough time in consistency and whatever else to show them that now we can't put him out on the island like that. Look, man, I get a lot of game from y'all and I use it on my broadcast. I'll be setting y'all up, and y'all give me all my answers that I need. But I'm just telling you once you said, because being a former linebacker, I don't have the same keys as cornerbacks and safety. So I see the game completely different from y'all, and it's the see a little, see a lot, see a lot, see a little. He's seeing a lot right now, and I think that that is showing teams that, look, maybe double moves running something underneath. And especially for Gilmore, because of his speed deficiencies at his age, what do you do you run, Hollywood Brown on the crosser? Make him run? And so teams are gonna start doing things like that to our defense. But all of those things, like you alluded to in the first segment are fixable things you know you can't maybe we can't play Man as much as we did, and maybe Trayvon Digs was more of a luxury of being able to play that play Man covers the way I mean, and that's okay. You find that out over a simple size and you say, look now we can fix it this way. But I just look for Darn Bland to stay in Man and Jay Lou who didn't have a bad game. But I'm just saying, like guys like that, I just don't believe you're well suited leaving him on the eyelde I'm listening, is one this on this part I'm saying, is one game.
Speaker 2: That's That's what I believe. It's one game.
Speaker 5: It's only week three time proofing with consistency. What deron Bland says that he can be that he can play Boss.
Speaker 2: So I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to raise everything that happened last year where we were like, yeah, Man twenty six could play inside outside to happen this game against Arizona where a lot of people came out and didn't play they how they needed to play. To say him specifically is a guy who was like, nah, I'm not sure. I'm not comfortable. He still got opportunities he got the Patriots coming, which he should get his confidence up against them before he gets into you know, some of that some of the top top nights competition. But I still have faith in the guy. I don't forget he had led the lead, led the team and turnovers. Yeah, yeah, he had an off game. They picked on him a little bit, but like he was giving out giving up ninety yard bombs for the entire game.
Speaker 2: He gave him some passes Trayvon Diggs ain't there. Just looked different plays just it just looked different.
Speaker 5: But but d Long, that's one of the ones where you say, listen, he came out and this has been the entire season and last season as well to where let's let's just take away the skill and technique and all that stuff as far as how hard he continue used to play and try to set the tone, he's amazing. When you look at our run stoppers, I think we got one legit guy who is a force in the run game, and I think that's ninety and we need to find more guys to be stopping guys in the run.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: I don't know what we're doing with number fifty five at the edge, but that's that's an experiment that also may need to be looked into if we're doing time proof and consistency.
Speaker 2: I don't know, that's not that's not working.
Speaker 5: You know, that's not And I don't know what Sam Williams has done or not done to not to be the guy that they go to out at the edge.
Speaker 2: But I mean we're getting gashed.
Speaker 5: And to see Phoenix Arizona get the edges the way that they did like that was that was the more troubling thing to me. Like, man, they are getting the edge way too easy. Which way they be running that thing? To left side?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 5: Well they like running on that left side. Man, your power left? Oh counter left?
Speaker 2: Come on, come on over.
Speaker 5: Into the left side. And they just gonna continue doing that. This is my this is my question for you as well. So Michael Parsons, Great, okay, what happens do you leave him at a position to where if we're behind and the team is able to run the ball, do you leave him at the position of right defensive end? Is that where he stays because you can move around all you want to, but in the passing in a passing game, But then when you put him on a guy like Trent Williams all right, or whoever whoever it is in that lane, Johnson and you say, Okay, we're behind, they're going to run the ball. We need somebody to get up here and be able to set the edge and stop them. Is that a consistent thirty thirty snaps that you want to continue to leave it them at? Because it's a question, what's the alternative? No position?
Speaker 2: Flex? Position?
Speaker 5: Flex with Michael Parsons is what makes him so dynamic, and dan Quinn has to find a way in situations like that to move him into the linebacker position and rush him up the middle. And I think that's why last week I was asking you about three four and him possibly being not just being the three four edge, but sitting outside of the edge so he didn't have to worry about the blockers so much. I saw him with his hand down and set up inside and I'm like, dude, that ain't how you win with this.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 5: You have to have him out in space, even a wide nine a position like that, to allow him to be one on one.
Speaker 2: And use his speed.
Speaker 5: Getting him caught up inside the washing between the and B gap is not gonna be his game. So to me, I think dan Quinn is gonna have to look at him and say, look, in situations like that, he's better suited moving him back to linebacker and you and that position flex being being something that.
Speaker 2: You could use. You know what he gonna have to do though, to be able to do that.
Speaker 5: Read them guards pulling and them tackles pulling, because, like I said that, that's what we got ate up at this game. They coming across there and I'm like, oh, nah, we're not.
Speaker 7: Gonna cross over.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna cross over. So the position flecks.
Speaker 5: Yes, he can do it, but he is he ready to do it considering that he's been playing defensive line for.
Speaker 2: OS.
Speaker 4: Well, this's your overreaction Monday. We'll get back at it tomorrow. Here's something to ponder for tomorrow show. No answers need it now, but ponder it. Will We see more Mozzi Smith this week when New England comes to town. Danny mccrane, heck Maherison Bury Church, I'm Newing Scruggs.
Speaker 3: We will dive into that next time right here on the players Lounge.
Speaker 4: Bunxie Botostinos on Dallas Cowboys card.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club