Speaker 1: This is he said Ayadiho with Eric Winter and Rodlin Fantaz.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to a long it's been a bit since.
Speaker 1: Last It's been a lot, guys. I am so happy to be back. To be honest, it's just been it's been a little nutty with a lot of things going on. But yeah, I'm here for what two episodes, and then I leave again, unfortunately, guys. I'm gonna try to I'm gonna be in Spaine for a month. I'm going to try to do some episodes to squeeze squeeze them. I think it might be possible because of the time difference, but maybe one I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's say, be done on a weekend, but I don't know. It might just be me. Might do some lunch with the rookies. We'll figure out some some episodes that we can put together, but it'll all be good. As she goes off to work, we apologize for you know, not being present for a few weeks. I know, roz On explained a bit on Twitter at one point. We also, you know, posted some instagrams to let you know that we were dealing with the family tragedy, which was a lot and we needed to take a break from doing the podcast while also still having to you know, do our other work and keep going.
Speaker 1: And it became really complicated, guys, because we prior, like hours days prior to the incident. Incident meaning my nephew passed away nineteen years old, and it's been of course devastating for the whole family. But post pre and post there was a lot of stuff going on with prior commitments with the rum and even the podcast and work and things for my movie, so everything had to basically stop and we were, like you saying, missing in action mi IAP, but we just couldn't make ourselves, you know, like be present, and when it came to social media, when we were dealing with those whole things. So it's been it's been like all over the place, to be honest, but we're getting back on track.
Speaker 2: We truly appreciate everybody's public support of what we were going through. We obviously can't talk too much about it. There's an ongoing police investigation, so we can't really comment on much given that this is you know, a public platform, and we just if anybody was to get wind of anything that we're talking about, it could work against the case. Being built. So we just want to say thank you. We appreciate e based support.
Speaker 1: It was a car accident because I don't want people just I don't know if I ever clarified. Oh yeah I did. I did an that I talked about it. Yeah. So it was a car accident, guys. Unfortunately, five kids and he was the only fatality and the person fled the scene. So it was yeah, we're just in the middle of the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so thank you for that. And as we you know, navigate to get back on track. Things have been things have been busy. Otherwise we'll talk about some positive stuff, right, because I think it's better to get into some positive.
Speaker 1: Do you give me something positive because I need it?
Speaker 2: Almost locked, right, that's a positive sing You were able to get back to work in your in your movie.
Speaker 1: I finished my Director's caught, so that's been delivered. Now we're doing everything that goes after that sound mixing call of correction. We have to spotting and put the music. I mean. Now it's where all the frosty comes in and may either you make it or break it.
Speaker 2: Frosty or frosting frosty, thrusting, no, the frosty no, the frosting. You put frosting on top of the cake.
Speaker 1: Frosting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But when you say, as I was saying, you say frosty.
Speaker 2: No, No, I don't think so your whole life. But they keep been saying frosty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, frosty, yeah, no, is it frosting?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Okay, frosty is it frosty?
Speaker 2: And you know, we had some really great I wanted to say to you pick thanking everybody as well publicly for the Palm Republic support. We had a great signing here in UH in North Hollywood in Los Angeles area. We have another big event coming up end of November. I want to say it's like the twenty second. We'll be posting about it, doing a signing in Florida. So I'll keep reminding people as we get closer. But anybody on the East Coast that wants to travel down to Total Wines, we'll have all the information up on our website and on socials. But we're doing some meet and greet signings, two of them on that Saturday, And like I said, we'll be in the Miami area. If you're in Florida or you're anywhere nearby and you can make it, Please come by. We'd love to meet you. We also had a great kickoff party at the One Hotel in West Hollywood, which was incredible. Rosland's whole cast off a movie was able to make it. Most of my cash from the show was able to come by and support, and just really great seeing the reception by everybody and that, you know, the support means so much, so thank you. A lot of good stuff going on. We had a crazy weekend on top. You know, we haven't spoken about tennis in quite a while, and I just want to again add that tennis parents are out of their minds. And I'm not saying that I'm immune to me out of my mind because I can. I just I can't stop. I can't tolerate stupidity. Just if we're gonna let these kids just play, let them play and at the same time play by the rules. Like I'm not talking about line call, just play and understand the rules of the game. Listen, Sabella playing in a tournament. Know how this past weekend I encountered two crazy well I wouldn't say the parents were crazy, and the second one the kid had lost her mind. And I feel bad. I know these are kids. And you know, this girl's probably fourteen and Sabella is twelve to twenty thirteen. But I've never seen a player lose their composure hitting the ball back at Sabella like to try to like in between games, like when Sabella's turned to serve, like trying to target Sabella just to get the ball to her side so she can then serve, making her run both ways to go get balls to go, serve like just not being no sportsmanship. This girl we played against would call her own balls out because Sabella would return it so she couldn't get it. So she'd say, my ball was out, your ball doesn't count, And in front of a line's judge. A line judge had to warn the girl multiple times to stop. It was the craziest meltdown I've ever seen in a sport. Those parents actually couldn't argue anything because it was just bonkers to see what the kid was doing. And then another parent just not allowing her kid to play by the rules at all. And I'm trying to explain her to the rules and she's like, don't tell me the rules. I don't need to know the rules, And so what are we all doing out Here's just just recreational fun. I'm sorry if you don't play, if you don't have tennis kids or junior tennis kids, you won't understand any of this. But let me just say parents lose their damn minds. I wish this sport just had referees at all times. He would eliminate half the issues.
Speaker 1: I'm just glad I wasn't there. It's so bad when they came back home, like Eric was texting me the whole fiasco. And then they came back, you know, and God bless Sabby's who won the tournament is her first time winning a level five under fourteen fourteen and under meanings. She was playing with the girls that were fourteen and she's only twelve, so that was a huge accomplishment. But they came back and they're telling me the stories, and she keeps saying, I'm just so glad you weren't not their mom. I'm so glad you were not there, because yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I was having trouble keeping my cool. Like there was many times where I was just going, oh my god, this is not happening, Like.
Speaker 1: What you kin You didn't because you went to the lady saying just so you know, they deducted at one point from your daughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean these parents have to know. Have you go to teach your kids sportsmanship? I do't. That's the one thing that just drives me crazy, like teach. I will say, this is so funny and every parent. I say this all the time because I'm telling you you know again, if you don't do junior tennis, you have to The kids have to call their own line calls. If the ball is in or out, it's up to the kid to decide. If there's a a discrepancy, someone doesn't like the call, you have to go get a lin's person who they will watch the match. Right, That's how it works. Every parent, every kid thinks the other kid is cheating. It doesn't matter. I've never I've never witnessed a situation where every parent just thinks kids are doing their best. To be honest, every parent thinks your kid is cheating, and vice versa. Right, So, with three incidents where the kid said, Sabella called a bad call, so they went to get a line judge and Sabella and I'm watching the calls too, and Sabella's like, no, the ball was out, And even the other parent thinking Sabella made a bad call cut two not even two minutes later, the other girl gets a line judge, and multiple times the line judge overrules the other players call when they called Sabella's ball out, meaning you got caught cheating with the line judge. There the girl who called the line judge, which is so embarrassing because as a parent, if you're like blaming another kid for bad calls, and then you get a referee and then now your kid is making bad calls that are blatantly overturned, it just shows you how bad the sport can be without the proper sort of adult guidance. But if forces these kids to grow quick, I can tell you that they have to be very mature and handle themselves.
Speaker 1: Island and Savie's does an amazing job at that, because I don't think we've ever seen Sabella lose. She gets at all, She gets poudy, but she doesn't she doesn't starbot touch the other girls she does, she doesn't do any of that. And now we're dealing guys with her high school. No high school, her school's tennis junis. We were not sure if she was going to be playing for the school representing the school, because you know, she has a crazy schedule when it comes to tennis. Every single day she goes to academy and it was a lot, but she is playing for the school and she's one of the top players, you know, for junior high. And so now we're dealing with another set of tennis universe because we go to these games and listen, the girls are not even close to the level of competition that you get at the USTA and the tournament that she goes to. But it's funny because everybody's very it's just a hobby for most of these girls and for Sabby, and you know, for us, it's not a hobby. You know, we're hoping that something is going to come out of this. So the level of intensity that we bring to these games, the matches that are just high school, it's like we're not a day compared to the other parents. I already see them, like like parents from Sabella's class. You know that the kids are also playing, they're part of the team. I already see them looking at those kind of weird. So now it's annoying. It's so annoying.
Speaker 2: Present we've never put pressure and this is the truth, we have never put pressure on Sabella to win. That is a fact. I've never said you have to win. Come on you, this is like, it's all about winning. To me, what I've said to her point like you maybe you have, like Rosland definitely does. She freaks out, but she doesn't say to Sabella, just says it to me. But for me, it's about you need to get better every day, the winning and the losing. Kobe Bryant said it great. If you're focused on the winning and the losing, you're going to drive yourself crazy. You don't gain anything by winning one match at twelve years old or losing a match. What you're going to gain is by getting better every single time you step on the court. And that is a mindset issue and it's something that these kids have to understand. I need to get better. I don't need to stay the same just to win. And that's something that's.
Speaker 1: Being so specific and not hard on Isabella. But we are going to these games and she's clearly beating everybody because she's at a different level. But we encourage her to be like Sep, don't go, don't play down to the level of the girl you're playing. Just you know, work on your game and actually do even better, and and and and take chances and be more aggressive because you know you're gonna win anyways. But so we're vocal when it comes to that. So we are actually expherient or how do you mean, not demanding, but we're letting her know we're expecting things. And we tell them and then all their parents look at us like we're absolutely crazy.
Speaker 2: Just want zero was like, yeah, but if you don't, but that was that's not the point. If you don't win playing your best, what's the point not improving? Then it's a wasteable win. So we had a crazy person come up to our house the other night and try to break in the front door. That was wild.
Speaker 1: It was yesterday.
Speaker 2: This is what's crazy, you know, obsessed with I'm obsessed with shark I'm obsessed with Shark Tank. The Ring Camera. I don't know if you'll remember these episodes, but the ring camera got passed on by Shark Tank. They said, why invent if the wheels not broke, why fix it? Doorbells or doorbells? The ring camera gets invented. This company is a billion dollar company. Shark Tank passed on it. Probably the best thing ever, I mean, is the best thing that ever happened to that company and that ring. I'm so glad that we have one that Literally we're in bed nine of it. At night, the ring alert goes off and there is a woman that has our gate was not working at the moment. She had just pulled straight into the driveway and tried to walk in the front door and never ring the doorbell, never knock, never did anything. And then we went out there. I spoke to on the camera. I said, mam, you need to leave. You're at the wrong property, Dada. She tried to break in three more times, shaking the door, trying to open the door, trying to unlock it, walking around the driveway like a crazy person, like she was off talking to herself, talking on the front. We don't know what she was doing. We had actually call the cops, which was wild because you know, you'd think like maybe the person just went to the wrong house, but you don't go to the wrong house, see all the lights off and continue to try to get in the front door and then be warned on the ring camera to leave and still try to get in. So Nina's say, Roslind's freaking out, Our daughter's awake, she's in tears, she's freaking out. All the cops show up, get under control.
Speaker 1: Not of cops, guys, it's helicopter with the l.
Speaker 2: DOC came over the house.
Speaker 1: Shining onto the woman. She's laughing, hysterical, looking at the hill like she's missing something. I'm gonna tell you. And this is what Eric doesn't my son a little woo woo, But it was it was.
Speaker 2: She just kept streaming, this is a witch. It's a witch, guys, because Halloween's around the corner. Eric doesn't mean.
Speaker 1: You know what, because we have the ring camera and we have everything documentary.
Speaker 2: Also could just be we're crazy.
Speaker 1: You're gonna take a picture because we're going to post on Instagram her back, because we're gonna show her face. Guys, No, no, no, you I want your comments regarding do you think this is a witch or no? Do is what I mean? This is a woman photo that breaks into the house. She's dressed, She's dressed like black black long dress, jet black hair, actually beautiful hair, jet black hair, all very very very long, all the way.
Speaker 2: That stereotypical that has jet black hair and bang blonde.
Speaker 1: And listen, it was a witch. I was like, we have a wish and the way she was laughing when the helicopter came and I was like, she's she's looking at the sky. The light is all over her face like a spotlight. She's laughing. She's completely disoriented. She was talking to herself. She's walking like a witch. We got freaking witch. And like I said, like she was walking, she was just walking. I don't know, you don't understand anything.
Speaker 2: She's not like a witch. And what if she was a blonde? She is a blonde, you'd still say she's a witch. No, only which is a brunette?
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, No, I'm just no, no, no, of course there's blonde, which is you know which you know, witch is a practice.
Speaker 2: She didn't have like the guys. She was just in like a spaghetti.
Speaker 1: Strips wicked you know what? That was exactly right, wicked, freaking looking witch. Listen to me, guys like she was crazy. A couple a couple of weeks ago, we had another person that was going a delivery like and ubeats and then got stuck. We have a very very long driveway that is very like narrow, and then the gate right, so the person went up realized is the wrong address?
Speaker 2: And then tried to make a three point turn in.
Speaker 1: It, which is incredibly.
Speaker 2: Tiny, like physically, it's just so.
Speaker 1: He was from a different I don't know what.
Speaker 2: In the city country, didn't speak English.
Speaker 1: So that was crazy. So that happens to us and going, what are the odds that Listen, you don't see our house from the street. It's a very long driveway. You don't know there's even a house all the way up there. So it's very very rare that somebody would just go up the I have away, I make the mistake, like like the so that happened, then this witch lady, then my my nephew's situation, all these crazy things that are happening. I'm not I'm not happy. I'm not it's not cool. It's not cool. We got a witch at the house.
Speaker 2: There's there's no way you do. Why can't just be a crazy person. She was crazy, she was off, even though the police said she was off.
Speaker 1: Energetically, there was something very weird going on. Anyways, let's talk about Los Angeles, California before we leave. You're I know you're born and raised in the state, and you're a proud Californian. The Dodgers are going to the to the world, the World, what World the World series? And listen this, this state and this city has been amazing. I mean, you know, I've been living here for twenty something years. I met the matter of my dreams. I have a beautiful family. I've been working on stop accomplishing dreams and goals. So so I love California. The weather is exquisite. What is happening with this? Let's talk about Los Angeles maybe specific.
Speaker 2: What is crime is terrible. We have big issues right now that the city needs to get under control. We got to get rid of our hate to get I hate to get political, but gotta get rid of the district attorney. It doesn't make any sense how high the crime.
Speaker 1: The crime right now, And it doesn't matter what neighborhoods you can go to, like like any kind of gata communities, wealthy people, very very low income communities. It doesn't matter where you go, where you are. The homelessness situation is out of control. People are losing their minds to drop problems among the homeless people is the schizophrenia, all all these mental health issues. We live in a pretty nice community again, all the way up a freaking.
Speaker 2: California is the number one state in the country that people are leaving.
Speaker 1: And I've been begging you to leave for five years.
Speaker 2: I can't. I'm working on a show. I know.
Speaker 1: The second you don't with the show, We're out of here because I can't do this anymore. The kids are begging us to leave. Is like you can even be secure in your own home. What are the odds? What are the odds that where we live with a long ass driveway right, it's it's we get a whole match. We'll go all the way up. The gate happens to be open because it is broke and she has the it is that happens in movies. I don't understand it. So the universe is giving us a sign. It's California for us is past a due.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry and that's how I ran for the day.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I love you, California. I love you that you've been amazing.
Speaker 2: But secrets out, go Dodgers go, kick kick.
Speaker 1: Kick.
Speaker 2: Anyways, all, thanks for listening. Don't forget to write us a review and tell us what you think.
Speaker 1: If you want to follow us on Instagram, check us out at he said ajor is that email Eric and Ross at iHeartRadio dot com. He said, AB is part of iHeart Radio's Mike would do that podcast network.
Speaker 2: See you next time.