Speaker 1: Well, well, well, we've got.
Speaker 2: The Conference finals matchup set and we'll be discussing the Wolves and MAVs. And they walked right into it.
Speaker 1: I told you eventually it'll get to this.
Speaker 3: You guys walking into our look.
Speaker 2: At the stadium, and we'll do We'll be talking plenty more with the analysts. Sham podcaster Jamison Willich on today's episode.
Speaker 1: I'm Miles Brett and I'm Jack O'Brien, and this is.
Speaker 4: Jack.
Speaker 1: Do you sorry?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 1: Look at h Okay, there you go and be driving spinning. Katie from Brown's got it with five? He's gonna try another three, mister o'bron James, honest.
Speaker 3: Look tell shot time you go.
Speaker 1: Yes, welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 2: Jamison Wells Dream was Dead Sports Better and co host of the Necessary Ignorance podcast.
Speaker 1: I think one of the last times we spoke, Jack.
Speaker 2: Had made was thinking of taking a few wagers, or maybe at the time had just yes and we.
Speaker 3: Just made the wagers.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Came to Phoenix Suns to win the championship and the Oklahoma City Thunder to win the championship during the Summer League, so I would have I was one hundred, one hundred to one, and you said when I met, when I told you I made that wager, you thanked me for my donation to the city of Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: And it turned out to be exactly that.
Speaker 4: And look at you now, you were you were right.
Speaker 1: All the time, Jamison. Do you like me right all the time?
Speaker 5: I like you right most of the time, not all the time. You right about the wrong things and ain't good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 3: It was close. I was so close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got close.
Speaker 4: I mean I think I told my friend after the fact. He was like, oh man, that's a good bet, Like, did you hedge? Did you like what? I was like, that is one of two bets I made all year. Yeah, I'm not You could have that ticket, you know, I know I could have it was Poe.
Speaker 3: I thought about it.
Speaker 4: I was like, I should have just sold that ticket for a couple hundred bucks or whatever I would have gotten.
Speaker 1: Stay true, stay true.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyways, fun well lasted gambling. Huh really makes the games compelling?
Speaker 3: Anyways?
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially with dreams of thousands being a thousand ere swirling through your little hedge.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Could have been nice, would have been nice, But anyways, I mean, we're going to get to it. I get this is a cool statistic that we just found out that this is going to be the first time in NBA history that there's been a different champion for six seasons in a row. Yeah, now that the champ has been eliminated.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, what a what a tough one? What was like?
Speaker 2: So we're looking, since you're here, Jamison, just looking at some odds right now in terms of who could win the championship. Boston Celtics minus one fifty, the Wolves plus two sixty Mavericks plus five hundred Indiana Pacers plus three was just called plus andre three Stacks plus two.
Speaker 5: Thousand, So you can cant up Indy Indies out right. So it's auto ma gualt. We're not they're not winning two series in a row, So they're eliminated.
Speaker 4: Okay, why is it because they're worse than all three of the other teams?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: What's what's your trick?
Speaker 5: They can't defit us. They can't defit us none along the Celtics, the MAVs or the Wolves. So that's why they're out. So you know, it is what it is they had right here? Yeah, it's these expectations, but it's time to get the reality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, wait, what do you say?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: So who's your team? The Wolves are the Mavericks.
Speaker 5: I want I have the Wolves, you know, winning this upcoming series. Okay, I have a dirty by a team that comes out on top. And I think if you were to bet it, I would take the Wolves with the whole thing at plus two sixty because you're not going to get those kind of odds anytime after today, So if you're going to bet it, that's the move to go. However, in terms of just best odds and possibilities, whoever wins the West is your best situation because you're not getting any money back on the Celtics. You're getting minus money back, so there's no point of betting.
Speaker 4: Then minus one fifty. I'm not I'm not an expert gambler, but minus one fifty means that if you bet on the Celtics and they win, you have to pay someone from Boston one hundred and fifty dollars and they curse.
Speaker 3: That is that correct?
Speaker 5: They are what set you anyway? Yeah? No, it's one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: To win one hundred Yeah, Yeah, all.
Speaker 5: Right, that's so there's no value there. You know they're the favorite, and you know we'll see we see how they've been playing the playoffs. It's just no value there. It doesn't make sense. So with that being said, you're better off one of the teams from the West with everyone you rock with. You go with it and hope for the best. That'd be your best bet.
Speaker 1: What's like, what's like an interesting prop bet I could take right now?
Speaker 5: So, for instance, there are certain props on how the series will end. So for instance, if you have Minnesota, Minnesota winning a six game is a prop probably around like plus four hundred plus five hundred, and that you know, those are where you can get kind of you know, intriguing with the serious prices in terms of guessing the amount of games that series is going to go. That's probably the best bet around this time of the.
Speaker 4: Year, right I For some reason, I'm probably wrong. I think I think it's because I just lost money against Dallas. So I have like the I don't know if there's a gambling term for that, but like the PTSD of being soundly whooped by the Dallas Mavericks. But I like them more than their odds would indicate it. Like I feel like the fact that they have Luke and Kyrie out there, even though they haven't been super consistent, they're still so dangerous like that. On top of like having some size. It's not as much size as Minnesota, but I could see Dallas winning this series.
Speaker 3: Personally.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, No, they could definitely win it. I don't think that's an issue. It's just more of the probability part. I think they're alive that. I think if you took me to the whole thing, it's a live that. It makes sense because in a lot of series they might have the best player on the court and a minimum they have the best two out of three. Yeah, I think you're always got a shot with those matters are in yours. However, what that being said is this, they have a lot of guys who've never been to this point of the season. They're playing big mints, instributing big minutes. Gafferd PJ. Washington have never been as far and that's always turning to be. They're playing huge minutes. That's always an issue. The same with Darrek Jones Jr. As as he's been. I just don't know. Halloween is going to go going forward, but they've all been great thus far up to this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was, are there any see this is a prop that I would have taken, is any active Canadian players, they would lose their series.
Speaker 1: And that's what that's what I called.
Speaker 2: After the Drake Kendrick Beef, I was like Jamal Murray, I'm sorry, Shay, I'm sorry. And I was like Matheren didn't count because he didn't play, and then uh didn't I think? Jabari brought up Dwight Powell and I was like, well he barely played, so that that doesn't count either.
Speaker 5: But yeah, Alexander Walker on Minnesota dah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see that's that's all.
Speaker 3: We're talking stars. We're talking the stars. Yeah yeah, okay, right.
Speaker 1: Exactly, you know what I mean, like, you know the ones that are that are getting the headlines, the headlines for sure.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but I mean, yeah, the end of that, my gosh, I mean like the Wolves Nuggets Game seven, just to touch on that briefly, was ah, so.
Speaker 1: You know I knew it all along, you know, that's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, never in doubt as far as I was concerned. No, I still don't believe that Minnesota won that game. I watched the second half twice and I still don't believe it. It's uh yeah, they just defensively shut them down in a way that we haven't seen. You know, we saw it earlier in this series, but that's I don't know, it's still like that. I think that's part of the thing that's give me a little bit of pause about picking them against Dallas is just that even like that win wasn't that convincing. And I think it's just because they were going against a much better team than anybody else was in the Nuggets.
Speaker 3: So I think they'll probably win.
Speaker 4: I just said something about Dallas is making me making me pump my brakes a little bit.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Interesting, interesting, Yeah, I mean, what what was that?
Speaker 2: What was that night like for everybody out there who was you know, taking action on that Game seven?
Speaker 1: But did it shot?
Speaker 5: Have the Nuggets where there's money line minus four and a half, you know a lot of people have over as well because you figure, hey, you know, both teams score, can score, et cetera, et cetera. Here's here's a secret for Game sevens. In most cases, especially when both teams play defense, like most times, games go under just because it's you know, strong defense, longer possessions. You don't have that many easy baskets. So most of the times the games go under. Unfortunately, the previous game that was on that day did not because you know, team shot like seventy. But in most cases the game sevens go under. So I wasn't necessarily a surprise that the tempo or the score. It was more the why it might go and rest sue best players up twenty points right, Like that was the biggest thing for me. I didn't get why, like, hey, you might want to give the guys a breather while you guys are up fifteen to twenty points, and they never did that, and in a kind of fading way at the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was wild.
Speaker 2: They just kind of see just the evolution that I came, like from that twenty point lead and then watching the Wolves just kind of like claw their way back, and then then at a certain point it just felt like the Nuggets just were not They just couldn't believe what was happening, and it felt like mentally they just kind of were sort of like, oh man, we're trying to do whatever we can to stay in this thing, but it just was not enough.
Speaker 1: And again, like I said, I think that's what happens. They got too comfortable beating the Lakers.
Speaker 2: So in a way, this is a victory for the Lakers, you know, for everybody to celebrate, because if they didn't beat us so badly that they wouldn't they wouldn't be.
Speaker 4: You guys figured out some things that the rest of the league saw, and this is really a victory for the Lakers above anybody else, above Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Even I would say too.
Speaker 2: You know, we gave them the blueprint that they actually executed on it.
Speaker 3: So you're well with.
Speaker 4: But let's take a quick break and we'll come back and keep talking Western Conference.
Speaker 3: And we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 4: So the Dallas went over. Okay, See, as painful as it was, I feel like kind of both series in the West felt like a real like testament to the idea that like size is king right now because everybody, at least everybody who's at this stage in the playoffs has enough shooters. Like it used to be a novelty to have like really good shooting, and now basically everybody has shooting, and so then it comes down to like who who has enough size inside and with Okay, see it was just like they just couldn't get a rebound like they and they couldn't stop people at the rim. They were just like getting bodied on the inside, which is wild, especially when like in the East, like Pascal Siakam, like somebody who they could have picked up. I feel like was playing such an important role that just just felt like you just couldn't need you needed size in both cases.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, that's the question I think to looking at this series with the with the wolves and the maps is like, what how are they matching up with you know, Gobert, Cat and Red. I guess like sort of like the easy way or the like sort of oversimplified ways, Like I don't know how that's all going to work out, at least defensively. And I'm now thinking, I'm like, does Luca really, Like, I mean, how much does work is Luca going to have to do in this series too? Because he does not look, you know, at his yea and this this is going to demand him to play like at one hundred at least one hundred and three percent. I feel like to really to give us something, But I don't know. That's just kind of my my first impression, jamis, so what do you what's what are your thoughts looking at this matchup.
Speaker 5: It's a very interesting matchup because you have two teams that are kind of in a similar voat. You have two kind of younger teams, but they are They have a couple of veterans that you know that have been there before and made long runs in the playoffs. That being said, Minnesota has the better athletes and they have a better size. So for me, I think the matchup over a series longer it goes. I think if every Minnesota, because their size, is gonna wear down Dallas, right, they have defenders to throw out Luca. They have guys that can really defend. Jay McDaniels is a really good defender. He might be the best io defender in the league right now, which is a huge statement to say, but he might be. But they have got off the bench they can throw on Luca as well. They're gonna take their chance to look Kyrie with Conley and and and whatnot mixing things That was so set interesting to see how that goes. But I'm looking forward to seeing the rebounding because in the previous series, the MAVs were destroying. Okay, see on the boards us every time they were getting off the rebound, they're getting a big tip out. They're always getting the keyboards. I don't think they're gonna out rebound Minnesota. I just don't see that. So that's gonna be very especially with nas Reads in the game because he's a great off of the rebounder, and I just don't know how it's gonna work for Dallas. With that being said, Luke is very special and he finds a way, he finds a way to get quality shots. If he's going he's gonna hit you know, the twenty someone foot step back. So it's gonna be very inting to see what happens there. But if if Minnesota is able to control Kyrie and Luke and they're not going crazy at first, Minnesota great league.
Speaker 4: Yeah that makes sense. I no longer have a feeling about Dallas, but I'm over that now. You've convinced me otherwise. So just like back to Game seven, I mean, I think part of the thing that still seems so strange is that Murray was finally like putting it together, had thirty five points.
Speaker 3: Jokic had thirty four.
Speaker 4: Nineteen seven assists and is just they just like the shot stopped going in at a certain point and Minnesota's defense really picked it up. But it was like, yeah, it was almost like an optical illusion. But like I mean, you had like Michael Porter Junior's shot not falling and then just Minnesota hitting some big shots. Cat coming through in a way that I still have a hard time like believe it, like being like, yeah, I'm comfortable with him being like the number one offensive option sometimes down the stretch of these games, but it feels like he's totally comfortable with that doubt and he's still you know, making shots I didn't know he was capable of making, both in terms of like how big they were and how difficult they are, so pretty pretty impressive, and then ant just being a lot of fun. The waving to the crowd moment was a lot of fun. Oh yeah, with Yok being like why why why and Aunt being confused point.
Speaker 2: At the scoreboard, He's like because of that, man, yeah, it's like the game's about to be over and you're cooked.
Speaker 1: That's why. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean at the beginning though, too, I felt like that was the biggest impression that like I got, was like oh, Kat is playing at a completely different level in this series. So yeah, is your concern that that was just for this series and he may.
Speaker 4: Have a bit of a regression or yeah, and just like past playoff performances where he's like kind of disappeared or like gotten into early foul trouble, I mean the fact that he still got into early foul trouble in this game and still was able to you know, be uh was he their leading score? But I mean he was certainly like their number one offensive option, most consistent option in the game. Yeah, So I don't know, hitting Chuck with a classic response to finding out that Chuck hadn't been to Minnesota in twenty years where he told him to bring his ass to Minnesota.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and then they also turn it into the part of the Minnesota tourism website too.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, nice to see them.
Speaker 4: A www dot bring Yeah dot com. Now bring Cia Oh yes, does it seem like bring yas bring.
Speaker 1: Gas dot com? Yeah? Yeah, no, no, we shall see. Uh, maybe he'll go.
Speaker 2: Because the website even had if you looked on the website, they even put little things that were like little messages to Charles Barkley, like on some of the pictures.
Speaker 1: They're like, Sir Charles could even enjoy James Beard Award winning cuisine, so they put a lot into that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think also the MAVs without.
Speaker 2: Without Maxie, I think is also just going to make things very, very difficult.
Speaker 1: But we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I I would love to see Luca give a masterclass. And I know, like probably as we're recording this, game one will have already happened. I believe, so well, the MAVs lose this one like they have as tradition.
Speaker 3: Tells us to. They like to watch you game one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. So I mean, like whatever's meant to happen is going to happen. But does that affect the odds at all?
Speaker 5: Jameson Uh So game ones are interesting like game ones and depending on the odds in general, so the series odds will here's the strategy. So let's say you like Indiana, right, if they lose game one, their series of odds are gonna plumb it because obviously the underdog they lost one game et cetera, et cetera. Uh, if you like, and then you wait until game one ends. More life people hosting the wins. Did you bet a need to win the series because the odds be tremendously in your favor. So if they do pull it off, you get a nice large sum of funds that they're called the series. So that's a strategy for that. When it comes to each game, the spread normally to spread every now they're up or down based off of an injury or something like that. But the spread and the toes are what they.
Speaker 2: Are, right right, Yeah, I mean yeah, well we will see what happens. I mean if if they get to game seven, Like what what does that effect? I mean, like, you know Kyrie being you know it was like fourteen and oh or something in those closeout games.
Speaker 1: Does that Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, and like I feel like that's the kind of thing like someone like I would hold on to as contorted logic to be like and you know he's fourteen and no, so oh I lost so much money?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we shall see. Moved to the East.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, the Pacers beat the Knicks, uh in stunning fashion.
Speaker 1: I would say, uh in that game seven.
Speaker 4: And calories for the Knicks not at calories. That was my theory on the Lakers. It just felt like they were running out of gas at the end of these games, and the Knicks weren't running out of gas at the end of the games, but they ran out of gas at the end.
Speaker 3: Of the series. It felt like, yeah.
Speaker 2: And biased basically, it's just yeah, it was that was that was tough at the end. I was really hoping for for the Knicks. But the Pacers are now going to be matching up with the Celtics. What Celtics won three of those five games in the regular season and n season tournament for zingis still not sure. They say at least the first two games. But I mean, it was like, what was he predicted before? Like, are we just doing this thing where we keep kicking the can down the road and be like, yeah, at least the next couple of games, at least the next couple.
Speaker 1: He's yeah, he's out, he's out. He's out.
Speaker 2: We don't, you know, because maybe they don't want it to show their hand too much, but yeah, I'm curious what they're.
Speaker 4: Just keeping it quiet. It feels yeah, we won't know until we know. Could be that he pops out Game one, could be that he's out for the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, based on his reaction when he was hurt that like the bearing the jersey, your head.
Speaker 1: In the jersey is always the universal sign of.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, and I guess I mean like looking at this, I don't know, I feel like we were saying at the top, what are the chances of the Pacers getting out of this? I see like Celtics fans online and they're basically like, you know, the thing is we needed any like we were owed an easy path to the finals this year, you know, so like I'm not going to let anybody take that we can't enjoy this.
Speaker 1: I was like, wow, Wow, no.
Speaker 4: Way, are you inviting bad karma? Yeah. Bill Simmons on his podcast was like, I'm not saying the Pacers are bad, but let's just like list the five worst teams to ever make the Eastern Conference finals. I was like, and he was like, I don't think the Pacers are as bad as those teams, but pretty bad. Yeah, Like, I mean, if if it wasn't the Celtics playing against them, he would have said that. But he's he believes them reverse jinxes and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Jamison, any any hope, I mean betting or not?
Speaker 1: This is just it is. It has been for to hold a mistake.
Speaker 5: I think the Pacers are three and two Celtics this year with the n CEAS Tournament included. Whatever you have offense like the Pacers h and also the somethings don't score easy baskets like they shoot a lot of jumpers as a team, a lot correct And when you think about how they play in the games that they lose, they're all similar. They doss a lot of jumpers, a lot of threes, and they fell to defend the rim and that with them, Yeah, always it like it's always game two, but this yeraries. I think it might go. I think they might have a couple of losses in the series. Okay, they're Indians, gonna win one at home in the crowd, the kind of offense they have, They're gonna win one at home at least. I do think he is gonna still win in Boston, whether it's Game one or two, not sure, but then they're gonna still won there just because of the way they play. It's hard to compare for a team that shoots like this and plays this contempo, and Boston is a very thin team. In turn of rotation, they don't have a lot of guys they can trust. Colak the Knicks did the last series, they eventually wore down. Now it's just sometimes way more talent, so that will eventually prevail. But I think this years goes on a little bit longer than people expect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of feel that way too.
Speaker 4: And the other thing that I think the Pacers I've gone for them is I think Carlisle is a pretty good coach and like he's one of the only people that I've seen like swing a series, you know, like I've seen him win serieses before, which is there's like a handful of people you can say that about as coaches, but.
Speaker 3: He's like one of those dudes.
Speaker 4: And the celic like, I don't know, Joe Mazola like obviously is doing a great job with the Celtics. They're one of the like statistically, one of the best teams of all time, but like the second they lose a game, their fans are like, Mossola sucks. Yah, you know, like they every time after those game two is They're like, I'm just sitting here watching Spolstra out coach Mozola and it makes me sick. They like it feels like it's a concern for Celtics fans, uh for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, they're always out matched and that's the match that they're not gonna win versus any coach likes a young coach, so it really don't fault to his own. Yeah, well, the guys that are left, he's he's out in that regard. The best bet would be just having the guys as play as good as they can. But the chess matches he's always gonna lose at this.
Speaker 2: Point, right Yeah, yeah, so I mean, yeah, I'm hopefully Tyrese Haliburton can also find a bit of form too here, because yeah, that is like a back injury, right that he's dealing with.
Speaker 1: Just did not Uh, I'm just I'm hoping. I would love.
Speaker 5: I would be better than his wardrobe.
Speaker 1: Yeah for real, I just need Yeah, I would love.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't want to have a foregone conclusion about this year is I would love nothing more for this to go down to the wire and hey, even Indiana to win, you know, because I'm not.
Speaker 1: Biased at all, and that's just that's just what I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: I am incredibly biased. I have said from the beginning of this season that I viewed this season as the Celtics versus the field, and I'm rooting for the field. There is part of me and maybe this is also tying into like my Minnesota like you know, bafflement over is like I was like, I've really felt like the Nuggets had the best chance of beating the Celtics and we just lost them. I was rooting for Minnesota, Like I found myself rooting for Minnesota, and then when the game was over, I was like, oh, no, what have we done. We love your chan that was going to beat the Celtics. But I don't know, like Minnesota versus the Celtics would be a good would be a good matchup, and I think the Pacers heading into the last two games, I was like, the Knicks are the best chance, Like they're gonna give the Celtics the toughest series. And by the end of the game seven, I was like, I'm really glad this Pacers team won. They can score in a lot of weird ways, and you know, in a seven game series with a coach as good as Carlisle, maybe you can figure some things out defensively, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Jameson, how do you how do you view this one.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess more in terms of like the inevitability of the Celtics going all the way, but just sort of in this round.
Speaker 1: In the next, how do you see it shaken out?
Speaker 5: So I think the Celtics get through the series in six games or less. I think any it gets a game or two. But I just really about it. It's hard when you defend that poorly. If you can't really act in the win three games defending like that, it just doesn't work. I'd be extremely surprised. With that being said, Boston has been underwhelming in these playoffs, Like for a team with that record and the stats that they have, you really haven't been that impressed by them. Like you look at them like, Okay, they're cool, like they're you know, they're doing what they should do. But it's not like, oh wow, this is a sixty one team that's dominating. You don't get that field right, not from watching them. So there's been a lot of inconsistencies from them, you know, at best, and that's where it's like, ah, don't quite know. However, I will say this Minnesota is well suited to play anyone. Think they give everyone matchup problems and if I had to pick today, they would be the favorite one the whole thing, because no one has the size, and no one has the defense that they have. The way they defend at both ends and on the rim and on the perimeter, that's thing that no one else really has to combat with, and that, to me is gonna be difference between them and everybody else.
Speaker 4: So my fear, my counter to that would be that Minnesota versus the Celtics, like of all the teams that are left, Minnesota feels like they have the shakiest perimeter shooting, like they can go cold from outside, and the Celtics have great perimeter defense, right, So like I could see that being a problem that comes back and by them if it ends up being that series.
Speaker 5: So you're right, But the thing is they offer the rebounds well, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they get extra looks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly exactly. That's where That's what happened. The fourth quarter was Denver, but they didn't shoot that great like, it was just that whenever they shot it and they missed, they got it right back and that was issue. That's why it's warded for Down and Denver have been all their starters of the whole game. Basically, and you saw they just weren't able to get those loose balls. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Really, it's like a just a mind like a perspective shift of being like, oh yeah, just rebounding is so like rebounding determined the seventy six ers Nick series because the Sixers were just too slow to get to the ball a lot of the time. Rebounding determined so many of these series. It feels like it's an ascendant skill right now, Like it's obviously always been important, but now I feel like, for the first time, we're seeing it like swing series in a way that's pretty like definitive and noticeable.
Speaker 5: Right. Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, As producer Jabari put in our chat here, as the Great pat Riley said no rebounds, no rings.
Speaker 4: And he stole that from me. Yeah, he didsing my style.
Speaker 1: And you saw that from Adrian Brody and.
Speaker 4: I did steal it from Adrian Brody.
Speaker 2: But also, like Jameson, you were saying you weren't as impressed me because they were the the Celtics were winning their games on average by like about nineteen points. Does that is that I'm just guessing you're looking at more than just what the score was at the end.
Speaker 1: To say, like you weren't completely impressed by what they were doing.
Speaker 5: So when Don Mitchell went out in that last series, yeah, I was expecting the series basically over hey there, you know, and it wasn't. The games were way too close for you. Look at the cows. They really didn't have a whole lot there, you know. I mean Mobile played well, Garland did, and a couple of other guys in decent moments, but there was really nothing there. But you know, having a two game or in some parts in the one game, and it's like, wait a minute, it's the team that everyone's tongue to worry about, and they're not blowing the steam off from the gig go. It was kind of odd. And even in the first season, like Miami didn't have a lot of shot right, Like they didn't have you know, Jimmy, they are really long guys, and they stole a game. Now granted they had like twenties three, so whatever. But it's just when you've built dominant teams, you want to see them put away the inferior talent as quickly as possible right away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they there's so much variance going both ways. I mean, they shoot a lot of threes and a lot of them go in. But I think that's where one of the arguments I've heard against the Celtics being this historically great team is. You know, we've talked about the Tatum one. That's like in the playoffs, your best player matters. You need somebody who's like the best player on the court. Tatum can be the best player on the court, but he's not as good as some of these historically great teams best player, right, which like the other historically great teams is like Jordan. But the other one is just like they're winning by a lot because they shoot so many threes, and that like puts them up by a ton of points. And they're still like gunning threes late into games, so that like put them put them up by a lot. But the variance means that it can go the opposite direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't have that like, yeah, cutthroat domination that you're looking for.
Speaker 3: I get that, I mean, but it does They're still pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I mean, look again, I'm trying to tell myself everything I can so I avoid having to see a Celtics jersey with that little number eighteen on the back of it.
Speaker 1: Do not want to see that at all.
Speaker 4: But if the Wolves win, that's basically number eighteen for you guys, right.
Speaker 1: If the Wolves win, obviously that's yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Well basically the Lakers want you know, first of all, you were originally from Minneapolis.
Speaker 3: You guys showed them how to beat Is this logic?
Speaker 2: But yes, thank you, thank you, yes, yes, help me cope, help me COPD please please?
Speaker 1: All right, shall we go to the most explosive part of the pod?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 4: Oh no, yeah, oh you gotta stop and get under my desk with my hands over my head.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: Labored, but I think we got there.
Speaker 2: It's like also a reference to the Cold War. But hey, yeah, we'll take that. We'll take kids.
Speaker 3: You get this right?
Speaker 1: Wait, do we need to do another break?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that's right, we do need to do at breaks.
Speaker 3: I thought that was what we call a tease in the business.
Speaker 1: No, that's what we call Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of off my game in the business right now, but guess what, I'm right back, and we will be back with the fourth quarter RAPI fire round of questioning right after this, and we are back jameson my good man, you've wandered into the rapid fire round of questions.
Speaker 1: We're just you. You've done this before. We're hitting me with some questions.
Speaker 2: Don't expand on your answers, give us quick responses, right back to us.
Speaker 1: And if if you take too long, we.
Speaker 2: Will be very rude, and we are very impatient, and we will be very immature. But I know you can handle it because you're in Las Vegas dealing with people maybe as irrational as me.
Speaker 1: So I think you're prepared. Are you ready though?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, Jamison's ready?
Speaker 3: Right start o'clock.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you want to eject? Should I go first? Or do you want to go first?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: You can? You can go man, It's cool, all right, Jamison.
Speaker 2: You can go back in time to personally witness any of the following iconic moments. The first one, Magic's Baby Skyhook in the garden in nineteen eighty seven. And I will play the clips just to remind you of how beautiful these moments were. Cooper takes the ball out of bounds baseline, mariemn Worthy is the left.
Speaker 1: Worthy comes to the right, the left goes madd You's got to he didn't shot a five seconds left Maddie gotta metal. Just what I thought.
Speaker 5: I Well, go second, the Lakers take the lead on Magic Johnson's running skyhook.
Speaker 2: Hey Jack, that was you, pat Riley, there is.
Speaker 1: Man chick on miss chick. Okay, the opportunity number two, by the way, number two.
Speaker 4: My six year old just saw the year nineteen eighty something and he was like one thousand, nine hundred eighty.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, yeah, you're born man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah that there were numbers from then. Yeah, there were numbers from then. All right, Jamison Moment two, run our test that three pointer in Game seven against the Celtics straight into my veins.
Speaker 1: Why I'm looking more test? Shout out to my therapist on that one.
Speaker 2: And then finally, Kobe Bryant clutch Finals performance.
Speaker 1: After Shack goes out Game four in the two thousand finals, try to go get rose.
Speaker 3: Now Indiana has five fouls.
Speaker 4: The Patriots do not want to fail here, put Kobe on the line.
Speaker 1: Kobe fires the jumper and gives l A the lead.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then here it is, Jamison, of those three moments in history, which one are you showing up to so you can witness personally with your eyes?
Speaker 5: Well, I saw the last two like a lot, well you know on TV. Yeah, yeah, that the first one I was. I was really young, So I probably on that one because I was way more intent because of where it was located at the history at the time. Uh, the players out on the court, So I'd probably go acted that one. The other two I remember very vividly. I watched the game in four Uh. The third one, I had a lot of money on the line to that one, so I don't want to but yeah, yeah, i'd probably go the first one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, magic Baby skyhooking the garden. Yeah, that you could.
Speaker 4: Give yourself a sports almana can be come like like in the country. Yeah all right, Uh, face of the NBA for the next five years?
Speaker 3: Could it be me? I don't play basketball, but I.
Speaker 4: Don't know off the table now we have this podcast, No Face of the NBA for the next five years or faces.
Speaker 5: One? Because he has a personality with the game. Well there's guys that are just as talented, but the personality that goes with the game.
Speaker 3: In this way, it's can we come up with a better nickname for him?
Speaker 4: I feel like somebody was pointing out on Twitter and this has been a frequent thing. Like people were like, what happened to NBA nicknames? On Reddit three years ago? Someone was like Kemp was rain Man, Peyton Glove, Dominique, the Human Highlight Film, Barkley, the Round Mound of Rebound, Michael Jordan Air Jordan, Like these are great poetic nicknames, and now it's like Anthony Edwards. Well, the first three letters of his name is ant Okay, okay, we'll call it him ant man.
Speaker 2: Like what about this Tony no Man?
Speaker 3: That's just like a normal nickname?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, all right, all right, what about anton?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: So what about a e.
Speaker 5: The reason why we don't have great nicknames anymore is because we know these guys from when they're like fifteen years old, so there's no mystery anymore. We just called them by their name or call them whatever nickname they already have. So we've known them, we've seen them do aau, seem to do high school. There's no more intrigue anymore. Back in the day when Sean Kent was dunk on everybody, that was the first time you saw it. When we got the NBA, we see all these high these guys who are fourteen fifteen years old, right, So there's no more mystery entrigue to them, so it just is what it is.
Speaker 2: But do you do you personally miss like a good nickname or you're just like it's fine, let's just call him aunt, let's call him ae whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do miss a good nickname. However, the issue is this, the people will pray nicknames that shouldn't be doing it. We need people who are cool and have doing it. People trying to be cool and go viral like laying with that. And I think that's a big issue that we have on social media when it comes.
Speaker 4: To basketball whatnot, Like some of them, like Barkley being the round mound of rebound, like that is too sweaty to like for that to work today. Like granted it's a lot of fun, but it only was possible because there were like the beat reporter for the Sixers was like I came up with this and I'm going to keep repeating it until everybody else does, you know, Like there was like that old media model, whereas now like I don't think you can get the round mound of rebound started.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't do like nicknames that sound like an intro bar and like a Sugarhill Gang rap song.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, it's rebound.
Speaker 4: It's like no I've ever gone over your friend's as eat and the food just ain't no good.
Speaker 5: All yes, wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need something. That's what we need.
Speaker 2: We gotta we gotta go to the next We need, we need something. We need bars okay when it comes to these nicknames. So yeah, the the challenge is out there, all right. So James, the next question, Barkley's Hall of Fame career or former guest the Matt Boosti's Robert Ory's Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: Career Barkley seven rings is right, But I would take Barkley's career. He was a living team, made a lot of money. He's still making a lot of money. He's he's just he's just amount of famous you want to be. People know you don't know too much about you, and I think that's always cool.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: But Barkley, Yeah, Barkley at one point time the top of me play in the NBA and that was never the case for Robert or you know, he had a Hall of a career, did what he did. But I would take Barkley's career ten times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we did, of course say Robert Ory is Hall of Famer. He's not Basketball Hall of Fame, but he's in the much more important Uh, Miles and Jack got Matt Boosti's Hall of so But.
Speaker 1: He's gonna have a shot, won't he.
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: I mean, Barkley definitely has a shot at the Miles and Jackot mat Boosti's Hall of Fame needs to come on, you know.
Speaker 1: But I mean exactly.
Speaker 3: And a lot of people are asking, why is he ducking us? Yeah, a lot of people are saying, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I read Interesting to find out.
Speaker 1: I read the book about his life. Seems pretty interesting. Seems like an interesting guy.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Someone's planning to come to Vegas for Summer League and the second annual NBA Con this July. What restaurant do they need to check out that folks don't know about?
Speaker 5: So it depends on what they like to eat, you know, I asked that's the first question, or like they ask people like, Hey, what are you feeling? What are you in the mood for? However, if you're coming to Vegas, it's a little bit out of the way. But if you're gonna get barbecue, you gotta go to John Mules. It's about twenty five minutes away from the Strip and where NBA con or something like that. But it's the best barbecue in the city. Best prices, best value, best taste. You can't go wrong John Mules, road Killed brick, best barbecue the city.
Speaker 3: Is that where roadkill?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Is that for real?
Speaker 5: Well? And so they have like a meat market, they also have barbecues all of the sides and the meat choices and you can't go wrong. It's really really good.
Speaker 1: What style of barbecue we're talking here.
Speaker 5: It's a mixture of West Coast and Texas.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, yeah, they have everything though.
Speaker 5: They have white beef ribs, they have regular ribs, risk it burnt ends, the big beef ribs, chicken links, ball nine. I think Jack right, have to go all the sides.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to go. We're gonna have to go the NBA. You heard it. We're gonna have to go, and we're going to I mean, last time.
Speaker 3: We went out, we're out of town.
Speaker 1: We also got barbecue in.
Speaker 2: Texas, so we must keep this tradition alive. John Mules, We're coming for you, Jamison. Thank you so much for joining us on Miles and Jack Got mad Boosties. Where do the people find you? Follow you, interact with your.
Speaker 5: Work on Twitter at the Jamison. I'll be on you in Las Vegas here throughout the playoffs in the finals and then of course Summer League coming up with NBA Con so you'll see me out there and yeah, I'll be here throughout bowls.
Speaker 3: Okay, amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, you can follow us or at least follow the hashtag Matt Boosti's BA sd I e s on Twitter that we can get show links and updates, and also you'll get you can check out the links to the Discord server where you can you know, join for some mad Boosti's style discussions on Discord.
Speaker 1: You can also follow me on Twitter at Miles of Gray.
Speaker 3: I'm at Jack Underscore O'Brien.
Speaker 2: And guess what that's going to do it for this week's edition of Miles and Jack, I' Matt Boosti's We will be back next week where everything we said on this episode will be confirmed in real life.
Speaker 1: That's our guarantee.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, You're welcome everyone.
Speaker 2: You're welcome Minnesota, bet All, you don't want to You're welcome Minnesota and You're welcome Los Angeles Laker fans because that's also our win too.
Speaker 1: All Right, we'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: Alright, you're sure, sure,